PDA

View Full Version : The one that got away...

Pages : [1] 2 3

coolstuff
12th February 2008, 7:39 AM
this threads all about trying to get somthing big and failing.

today i saw my first shiny it was a pikachu. i forgot to save...

shiny meta
19th February 2008, 7:10 AM
i caught a rotom w/ 31/31/31/31/20/30 no kidding then the game froze ...

Lord_Sunday
19th February 2008, 8:59 AM
QQ more thread?

Well as long as we're all complaining I saw a random shiny Glameow when I had no balls.

piplup11:11
19th February 2008, 9:09 AM
fainted azelf

Alzi
19th February 2008, 9:28 AM
fainted azelf

That is why you save before trying to catch it.

Mystify
19th February 2008, 9:38 AM
QQ more thread?

Well as long as we're all complaining I saw a random shiny Glameow when I had no balls.

Yes, it's immature, but I rofled.

- - -

I fainted a shiny caterpie once, before I knew how valuable they were.

pinkerdroit
19th February 2008, 10:06 AM

Me too :O

Well I've had to KO 2 shinies due to no space in my PC storage. Also, while chaining Togepi and trying to catch one of my many shinies from it, the first female shiny that appeared was very stubborn and broke out of several pokéballs. Each time she attacked with Metrenome.. this was after she was False Swipe'd.. and the 3rd Metrenome = Sandstorm x_x So she KO'd herself! It was sad.

Dragooon
19th February 2008, 11:19 AM
Meh.......I got a shiny chimchar but before I saved, battery was dead. T.T

PurpleMew
19th February 2008, 11:20 AM
I caught a radom shiny i couldn't remember what it was but after that i went to the elite 4 and lost so i turned my ds off but i forgot to save before i went in so i lost the shiny

bugman03
19th February 2008, 11:59 AM
Not sure if this counts but I had a shiney Arodactil and lost my game... and my ds... grumble, mutter, moan...

Shiny Magmortar
19th February 2008, 12:42 PM
I don't know about me, but my sister and her friend have had a rotten time of it...

-Sister: Saw shiny Wurmple...Used last Pokeball on a regular Wurmple...

-Her friend: Saw shiny Poochyena...Accidently Ran before she knew what she was doing...

So yeah...Not me, but my sister and her friend...

Storm_Dragoon
19th February 2008, 12:46 PM
Shiny Skitty that killed itself with Double-Edge <<.

~Mesprit~
19th February 2008, 1:30 PM
I met a shiny Tentacool when I had no poke balls. I was mad but didn't cry. I wouldn't use it anyway. Tentacool doesn't count to my favs.

shiny_arceus
19th February 2008, 2:44 PM
Might as well since this thread is new.
In Leaf Green, I found a shiny rhyhorn in the safari zone. I tried to catch it, even though I had no idea what shinies were, but obviously it fled.
Then I found out rhyhorn are very hard to chain.
The only shiny that I lost in D/P was a shiny beldum which I accidently ko'd.

NoNamer
19th February 2008, 2:53 PM
i saw a shiny donpahn in my silver and right before i went in the cave i sold my poke balls cuz i needed money.

Luxray_Masta_211
19th February 2008, 7:52 PM
Found a shiny Gible in the Wayward Cave. Used Riolu's Quick Attack on it twice. The second time just HAD to be a critical hit... :(

PKMN Legend Anthony
19th February 2008, 8:05 PM
Emerald... Stater battle, Poochyena was shiny :(

Heroo
19th February 2008, 8:16 PM

- - -

I second that xD
Shiny Chansey in FR in the safari zone -_-

Darkknite232
19th February 2008, 11:07 PM
Emerald-found a shiny Dusclops in the Battle Pike :(
Leafgreen-caught a shiny machop,venonat, and,zubat

at first i thought it waz cool but i didnt really care

the next day i started a new game and saved the next hour my friend told me that they are called shiny's n that they are rare i felt so mad i myself.

20th February 2008, 7:43 AM
That is why you save before trying to catch it.

i know, the one time I forgot

Not too worried found one on gts

Pedo
20th February 2008, 8:41 AM
I found a shiny Rhyhorn in Safari Zone in my Emarald but it fled.
I also chained a shiny Ralts, failed to catch it once, it used Teleport and fled also ending my chain :(

Silverwinged
20th February 2008, 12:16 PM
Found a shiny Gible in the Wayward Cave. Used Riolu's Quick Attack on it twice. The second time just HAD to be a critical hit... :(

Aw thats crap... -_- This is my fear if I ever see a shiny in the wild...

Dunno if that counts but, I saw a shiny swellow in the GTS, for an female Exeggcute.
As I got the Exeggcute through breeding, it was gone...

;249;

aeoena
20th February 2008, 11:02 PM
I found a shiny Starly in the safari zone once.
We all know what happined next
(It ran away :( )

Charaligatr
20th February 2008, 11:45 PM
I chained for about 4 hours in the sandstorm, only to have not 1 but 2 shiny beldums faint due to leech seed.

If I had used dusk or repeat balls, I'd probably have caught one, but nooooo. I had the genius idea of using ultra balls so the colours would match.

Lesson learned. Next time there's a beldum swarm, I'll be prepared.

MasterLucario
20th February 2008, 11:47 PM
I tryed to catch Uxie 10 times, but he escaped, even after I Hypnosised him and got him to red

T.B.A.
20th February 2008, 11:53 PM
The first time I had saw a shiny it was in emerald before you got your first pokeballs it was a silcoon I think... And in the same day I was playin diamond and I found a shiny gravaler then it used explosion. Bad Bad Day..

ShinyVaati
21st February 2008, 12:08 AM
I was playing Emerald, there I was in the Safari Zone and out came a Shiny Pikachu... It Would not Stay in the DARN BALL! Then it ran away...>_>

21st February 2008, 12:24 AM
I tryed to catch Uxie 10 times, but he escaped, even after I Hypnosised him and got him to red

uxie was the same way for me, I did catch him i it took somewhere between 15-30 pokeballs

Pimplup784
21st February 2008, 12:38 AM
QQ more thread?

Um, LMAO. OK, now that that is out, the worst thing that happened to me is I found a shiny Spearow in Crystal, and like you, had no balls(poke):p.

E4 Edo
21st February 2008, 2:53 AM
I had a shiny sablyeye in my leafgreen and i lost it =(

The Baron
21st February 2008, 5:39 AM
I saw a shiny Marill in Ruby. I was 7 or 8 at the time and I thought it looked weird so I ran away.

(s.i.e)
21st February 2008, 10:27 AM
QQ more thread?

he he he.

anyway, eversince i landed a damn critical on a shiny goldeen i am LOADED with pokeballs, i have at least 80 of each, i never weaken them i just throw with luck, sooner or later it will be caught anyway.

22nd February 2008, 6:35 AM
i saw a shiny meditite in sapphire or emerald(i forget which one). Either it fainted or I didn't have anything to catch it with. I wasn't too dissapointed, I was too much of a newb to know it was super-rare.

[U]nknown
22nd February 2008, 12:15 PM
When I first played diamond, I found a random Green Zubat but then i noticed that i didn`t had any balls to catch it... So i was disapointed

shiny meta
23rd February 2008, 3:58 AM
just found a shiny beldum wild then of course i ran out of balls had to kill it

EDIT: rank up

Hydrohs
23rd February 2008, 4:00 AM
I've never had the luck to encounter any Shinies and I always save before Legendaries...everything else I could always go for again... O_o

whyrlwynd
23rd February 2008, 4:26 AM
my friend ran into a shiny psyduck in the safari zone in emrald, it fled, so he had no evidence. He told me about it but I didn't believe him until I saw a shiny luvdisk in ruby

intergalactic platypus
23rd February 2008, 4:31 AM
This is why I always keep spare Great Balls...

Sheer Cold
23rd February 2008, 5:16 AM

Me too :O

Um, LMAO

he he he.

I second that xD
I, um... sixth that? O_o

When I was in the Battle Pyramid I saw a shiny Electabuzz. I was so mad...

Wiimote
23rd February 2008, 6:44 AM
When I first joined here. I was in Wayard Cave or whatever it's called. I came across a Shiny Gible. I frantically tried catching it but it eventually broke out all my 30-some ultra balls and my 17(?) dusk balls. That just goes to show you you should always be prepared for unpredictable things.

2 more, short and simple- Shiny Skorupi ran away in the great marsh. Shiny Geodude used Explosion.

Recently, I also remember accidentally releasing a DD Lapras I painstakingly raised from scratch and then stupidly saving when going in the battle tower. That proves I have a 15-second memory. XD

latios reborn
23rd February 2008, 7:13 AM
all i have had happen to me was a shiny Graveller use explosion. it was the last time i saw a shiny in my game :(

Cutty
23rd February 2008, 8:28 AM
Shiny Vibrava long time ago. Thanx to my not seriously in chaining (my DS light was the dimmest), didnt expect the shiny would show up. Its only 3 - 4 paches away, I screwed it in dim-patch right before it. =/

The REAL Yata
23rd February 2008, 8:31 AM
it was long time ago, when i escaped from a shiny, didnt even noticed it was shiny....it was a shiny lairon and as i was watching tv i ran from it, it was the victory road in ruby T_T.

Arena Tycoon Slaking
23rd February 2008, 9:21 AM
Seeing a shiny magmortar on the GTS and he was asking for a male glalie and all i had was a female glalie -_-

Sir Devious
23rd February 2008, 10:20 AM
KOed shiny Dialga by accident. X[

Bizziler
23rd February 2008, 10:24 AM
Saw a shiny Pidgey in Gold before you get any Pokeballs >.<

Frozen_Lightning
24th February 2008, 2:42 AM
saw shiney heatran but i clicked superpower insted of false swipe

Crasher
24th February 2008, 11:01 AM
KO'd shiny Giratina that I'd soft reseted for.

SkittyOnWailord
24th February 2008, 11:16 AM
I've seen 6 random shinies since R/S. I've caught all of them except for a shiny Vaporeon a trainer had in PBR.
Even though I couldn't catch it, I luckily had my camera with me. At leased I got it on video. Here it is. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9KZdKme_VQ) It was in Stargazer Colosseum Set 5.

SeliphFroakie
24th February 2008, 6:15 PM
A while ago I traded away my EV'd Togekiss for a (hacked) shiny Spiritomb.

Then I traded away my Modest HP Ice (34, so it wasn't a big loss) Magmortar for something and needed to get one again from the GTS, settling for a world-weary one born in Japan and raised in France.

More recently I SR'd away a Bold Porygon with amazing IVs because the 0 was in Defense and the useless Attack stat got a 29 IV. Settled for a Timid one with good IVs (25 HP, 22 Special Attack, 28 Speed).

mawile_lover1993
24th February 2008, 6:26 PM
I catch every shiny I see, but like SkittyOnWailord, I saw a shiny on PBR. It was a Lairon that I fought against in the Main Street Colloseum.

EDIT: Yes, rank up!

Drake Pokétrainer
24th February 2008, 6:30 PM
On my way to the E4 I encountered a shiny Graveler. I tried to weaken it and it used explosion -_-°.

pinkerdroit
25th February 2008, 1:40 AM
I'm chaining Skitty and I just reset over the 2nd shiny I saw, because the shiny patch appeared in the very bottom right corner..
@_@ I guess it's my own fault it got away, but it's sad to ignore a shiny patch.

-Radical_Enigma-
25th February 2008, 2:28 AM
I saw a Shiny Beldum once
I was all ready to get when the worse happened
It only had a little HP left...
And it used Take Down T-T
I was mad for awhile....
I wanted a silver Metagross soooo bad...
But I got over it and have a regular one now :)

ShinyFufu
25th February 2008, 3:01 AM
FR: Soft reset over a shiny Zapdos.

Diamond: Killed a shiny Elekid on accident.

That's all really...my killing of a shiny Elekid didn't really affect me all that much, however.

elfinprince5
25th February 2008, 3:34 AM
i was going in to battle dialga i got into tha battle and it was a shiny. after using every single pokeball i owned except master i caught it in a pokeball but right when i was about to save my ds died on me.

Sheer Cold
25th February 2008, 3:59 AM
all i have had happen to me was a shiny Graveller use explosion. it was the last time i saw a shiny in my game :(
Me too about a year ago, though I had almost forgotten about it by now...

Sparkyperson
25th February 2008, 4:12 AM
I can't actually catch anything due to 0 Box Space, can't even throw a pokeball.
Ah well.....

BigE181
25th February 2008, 9:00 AM
I almost got the shiny Skorupi, but it FLED...:(...

markomega
25th February 2008, 11:16 AM
Shiny Beldum KO'd itself with take down.

blixa
25th February 2008, 12:12 PM
restarted my game although there was a modest azelf; but now I've got a timid one with 31spez atk ;-)
But before I got it, I was really mad at myself.

Hauntshadow
4th March 2008, 9:33 PM
I had a shiny Graveler use selfdestruct on Iron Island.

Dusknoir08
5th March 2008, 6:45 PM

that really gutting, just like what happened to me, a shiny weezing blew itself up...

razor fire
5th March 2008, 6:50 PM
I wasn't paying attention and didn't have the sound on so I lost a shiny shellos. its hard to tell if their shiny or not.I thought it was normal

DarkTyphlosion157
5th March 2008, 8:59 PM
Oh Great! You can find shinies in PBR too now? Now its all the Battle Towers AND bloody PBR I don't dare to play. Great.

shinybagon
5th March 2008, 9:06 PM
Resetted on Shiny Azelf.
Ran away from Shiny Roselia.

Cain
5th March 2008, 9:10 PM
Saw a Shiny Hoothoot on Gold. This was before I met Shiny Gyarados, so I was just confused as to why it wouldn't let me run away and why the colors looked a bit off... so I killed it D:

Blastoise720
5th March 2008, 9:11 PM
Oh man if i reset on a shiny starter I'd be broken thats rotten luck to the max!

rekreatur
5th March 2008, 9:17 PM
Finally got an Eevee with hidden power fighting.I forgot to save and turned off my ds...

shiny_arceus
9th March 2008, 10:58 AM
Yesterday, I chained 40 azurill.
I caught my 7th shiny one. Suddenly my game froze and I realized I forgot to save the 7th one ;_;
The other 6 are safe however.

Shiny qwilfish of doom
9th March 2008, 12:39 PM
every shiny i saw i caught(seriously)but my rotton time is that i killed groudon and saved...

now i always carry 150 ultra balls.

Desolater66
9th March 2008, 12:53 PM
I was E.V training one day with my Lapras so 3 hours went by and I was getting sleepy so before you know it a shiny Asbol came my way and I fleed.

Yuko
9th March 2008, 9:07 PM
Shiny Girafarig ran away from me in the Safari Zone in Ruby. D:

Ladware
10th March 2008, 1:12 PM
Shiny Girafarig ran away from me in the Safari Zone in Ruby. D:
That's rotten, if I got a shiny in the Safari Zone I'd just want to die.

Jinty
10th March 2008, 1:30 PM
A day before my action replay arrived I was looking for a female pikachu to breed but i found a shiny roselia instead but i did catch it and it is now a LV 100 Shiny roserade. (i caught the female pikachu and bred it with my shiny)

~Heaven Help Us~
10th March 2008, 2:50 PM

i saw one and i didnt ant that to happen so i threw a master ball.

fishyfool
10th March 2008, 3:01 PM
Wait...you have as much chance of running from a shiny as you do from a trainer battle?

Jirachi-999
18th March 2008, 2:21 PM
I found a shiny in the Great Marsh Safari.
Guess what happended next?
It ran away.
I make it a point never to go into the safari because I might
get super-disappointed again =(

Black Murder Heavangelon
18th March 2008, 11:11 PM
I accidentally killed my first shiny, a Shellos. I was going to catch it anyway but my damn bidoof scored a critical hit on it. This was a long time ago though.

I encountered a shiny Graveler once as well. I prayed it did not use explosion... it used explosion.

Is this Karma or something?

hello moto
19th March 2008, 8:42 AM
When i was a noob, i gave away my 31 Iv ( sp def) regice to my friend who now uses it, pisses me off every time i see it.

Moonlight Shadow
19th March 2008, 2:42 PM
This thread adds salt to my wounds... Anyway, my first DP shiny was a Buneary I met while teaming up with Cheryl to go through Eterna Forest, and that darn idiotic Chansey of hers blasted it to Neverland with its Egg Bomb!!! The thing is, you can't catch a Pokemon while tag teaming with an NPC, so I had to faint the Cascoon that accompanied the Buneary before catching it. The second one was a Pikachu in Trophy Garden which I met at 3 in the morning and accidentally ran from. It took me about ten seconds to realise what had happened, and when I did I started banging my head on the wall!!!
Sob, sob, sob....

1337Paul
19th March 2008, 4:19 PM
I have not had very many bad things happen... but the one that I remember is when I was playing Ruby. I was on the island for the second gym and I went in the cave to train. I was kinda spaced out and was just pounding away everything when I saw this haryama use swift ( I thought) but I was like WAIT a second.. they cant use swift? Then I noticed his gloves were red.. I was like... wait a sec arent they black? So I have 2 great balls and a pokeball... nothing worked.. I was like Oh well probly isnt that rare and KOed him.. Next week or two I found out what A shiny was.. Nearly ****** my pants and spent a month in that cave looking for him... Needless to say I never saw that little bugger again.. :(

Deoxytwo
19th March 2008, 5:30 PM
Ugh, this happened to me twice in Leaf Green and in Pearl

ZOmg Shiny Graveler appeared!
Chris used Ultra Ball!
*Graveler Pops out*
Graveler used explosion!
Chris: Cries

The 1st time happened in LG, you think I woulda learned.

mew..
22nd March 2008, 2:13 AM
well...i was at stark mountain a month or so ago..chaining for a shiny skarmory...then...

"wild gravler appeared!"
*ping*
*i throw a ultraball*
*wobbles three times*
"Ahoot! It was so close too!"
"wild graveler used explosion"

swampert55
22nd March 2008, 6:50 PM
In Ruby, I found a shiny Doduo in the Safari Zone, but it ran... I haven't lost anything important in D/P though.

The thing is, you can't catch a Pokemon while tag teaming with an NPC,
I never understood that. It says that it's impossible to aim, but you can do it in Col/XD.

Salamence96
22nd March 2008, 7:41 PM
I was in the middle of Victory road. Knowing that I had no Escape Ropes or Repels, I figured that I was doomed. (And quite bored.) Then, out of nowhere, a SHINY Medicham. I felt pretty good because I had 5 Pokeballs, 2 Great Balls, and 3 Dusk Balls. But guess what? I ran out of pokeballs, and had to kill it. (After the battle, I found out that my Staraptor had a Ultra Ball attached it, and my Torrtera had an Escape Rope.)

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster
23rd March 2008, 3:13 AM
breeding for Magnemite, i got an a reaaly good one. mild, Magnet Pull, and really good IV's....but it had a Special Attack IV of 28.

PkMn_Breeder
23rd March 2008, 4:11 AM
Whats wrong with 28? Anyhow i met a shiny starly while ev training an eevee. Eevee is lvl 1 starly 3 so i try to soften it up with tackle and it is still in green. Ultraball didnt work so i think eh lets hit it with tackle again. Critical Hit starly faints.

Nyorg
23rd March 2008, 4:43 AM
My Azelf is Timid.

But it has an IV of 0 in both Sp Atk and Speed.

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster
23rd March 2008, 7:50 AM
My Azelf is Timid.

But it has an IV of 0 in both Sp Atk and Speed.

for some reason, i laughed.

sorry.

oh yeah, when you're going through an area with exploding Pokemon and you find a shiny just whip out a Pokemon with Damp.

mew..
23rd March 2008, 9:07 PM
none of my pokemon know damp...maybe i should get a golduck..

anyways, i was looking for a gligar, and found a female(i was going to breed gligars later..) and i had about 30-46 ultras. it broke out of EVERY one of them >.>

DarkTyphlosion157
24th March 2008, 4:52 PM
The Shiny Graveler does not always win. Found one on Stark Mountain. First Quick Ball, shake, shake, shake, click.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/DarkTyphlosion157/ShinyGolem.jpg
Click for hope.

Never lost a shiny on DP. Skill 4 ya. Though Masterballing a Shiny Dugtrio seemed stupid afterward when a Quick Ball could have worked.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/DarkTyphlosion157/ShinyDugtrio.jpg

To show I'm not lying.

honey_clover112
24th March 2008, 5:00 PM
Safari Zone. A Shiny Gulpin. And I know everyone knows what happened just saying 'Safari Zone'. Yep. It fled. :[

;006;

corsolakid
24th March 2008, 5:07 PM
Grr, this was LG, but still. I encountered a shiny Dratini in the Safari Zone. strangely enough, it didn't flee. i went through like, 10 safari balls on it and ran out. i cursed loudly and haven't gone dratini hunting since then. happy ending, i had caught a shiny Venonat earlier that week. :D

corsolakid ;222;

Essencewing
24th March 2008, 11:54 PM
The first time I played Ruby I fainted Groudon, thinking in anime terms that catching the legendary meant destruction. The in FireRed I fainted Articuno and I used the Master Ball on Zapdos, not realizing that there was a runner legendary. Happy ending: Restarted FireRed a long time after. Used the Master Ball on Moltres and caught Mewtwo with a Timer Ball for the second time.

sorry188
25th March 2008, 12:14 AM
I accidently ran from a shiny magnemite I saw and didn't realize it until it was too late. I've also completely EV trained my Articuno before and forgot to save the game. It was terrible -__-.

Bekar
25th March 2008, 12:35 AM
I once saw a shiny Golbat but on mistake i fainted it....

celebi63
25th March 2008, 4:07 PM
When I was travelling with buck in stark mt., I encountered my first shiny, a shiny koffing, but buck defeated it.

jackjack
25th March 2008, 7:48 PM
I was on leaf green and i had just traded over my master ball the day before and just my luck i see a entei i threw a ultra ball... it didnt work

Elite Four Muadita
25th March 2008, 8:02 PM
screw up the EVs of a modest 31 sp attk 30 speed iv Bagon i just screw it badly, that annoyed me a lot =(

rekreatur
25th March 2008, 8:18 PM
My Eevee chain broke on 39 and when I got my Bagon chain to 40 my hand slipped and ran into a wrong patch :(

Pimplup784
25th March 2008, 8:27 PM
My Eevee chain broke on 39 and when I got my Bagon chain to 40 my hand slipped and ran into a wrong patch :(

That is just horrible...

Pokerealm
25th March 2008, 8:34 PM
Nothing bad happened in D/P yet.
But a Shiny Nidorino ran from me in FR's SZ, I found a Shiny Rattata 9 mins. in a new game on FR and had no balls, and my game crashed while saving when I got a Shiny Abra in FR's GC. I got another one 2 hours later though oO

Pimplup784
25th March 2008, 8:37 PM
Nothing bad happened in D/P yet.
But a Shiny Nidorino ran from me in FR's SZ, I found a Shiny Rattata 9 mins. in a new game on FR and had no balls, and my game crashed while saving when I got a Shiny Abra in FR's GC. I got another one 2 hours later though oO

Well at least the Abra turned out well.

shiny_arceus
25th March 2008, 8:38 PM
Wow pokerealm your FR is a bit too unlucky O.o
But it's good you managed to regain that shiny abra after such a short time.

Well I accidently killed the 7th shiny in my bidoof chian. Then my trapinch chain broke at 30, and then diglett chain broke at 38
And just a while ago, I broke a chain of 28 lotads >_>
Yeah, very unlucky lately.

Moomanator
25th March 2008, 9:16 PM
In silver, I didn't know what a shiny was, saw the red gyarados and was freaked by it, thinking it would break my game to catch it. I killed it, only to find out later from my brother what a shiny was. Needless to say I was annoyed, especially when he kept battling me and using it ALL THE TIME ¬.¬

Never had a shiny on any game since then though (other than through trading).

Pokerealm
25th March 2008, 9:59 PM
Wow pokerealm your FR is a bit too unlucky O.o
But it's good you managed to regain that shiny abra after such a short time.

Well I accidently killed the 7th shiny in my bidoof chian. Then my trapinch chain broke at 30, and then diglett chain broke at 38
And just a while ago, I broke a chain of 28 lotads >_>
Yeah, very unlucky lately.

Yeah, but it also gave me a Shiny Dratini =D

And good luck revenging those chains =O

Larry
25th March 2008, 11:46 PM
in my silver my cousin started it over and i lost all of my lv. 100 guys...at least i just traded over my dragonite to my blue the day before...

Mark103
26th March 2008, 5:06 AM
Way back when I used to play FireRed and I didn't know anything about shinies I saw a shiny pikachu I think it was and I KO'ed it...

Hiro444
26th March 2008, 5:34 AM
ok ran into shiny starly at the very beggning of the game and I didnt have pokeballs

^^Yoshinichi^^
26th March 2008, 5:39 AM
I encountered a shiny Giratina by accident, not even attempting to try to get it to be shiny. Yes, I failed to catch it. It killed itself with Struggle...if only I had a Master Ball I could've caught it easily.

Life is full of dissapointment. :(

rockliplip
26th March 2008, 5:15 PM
on gold i found a shiny flaffay this was when i was like 7 though it was a ditto,glitch something so KOed it.
Never found a shiny since untill my machop chain yesterday,gooooooooo

Charmaster15
27th March 2008, 2:18 AM
The one that got away....

A shiny gible!!!! ;( so sad.

Why did i use icy wind!!!!!!! lol. i wasnt really paying attention to my movesets.

:(

Rikuox
27th March 2008, 5:52 PM
I saw a shiny zubat during EV training no balls.....

shiny_arceus
28th March 2008, 2:51 PM
I was happily chaining venonat. I was doing very well. I managed to get to 37 and after resetting for a while I found a perfect patch to enter. I went to it and found...a bloody gloom -___________________-
Well, it's all 'in the coding' anyhow, and I already have a shiny venonat to cherish, but I'm just complety gutted because I KNEW it was the perfect patch.
Why must luck taunt me so ;__;

Treskalle
28th March 2008, 3:22 PM
I found a shiny (think it was starly) at the start of the game, and ten minutes later, when I had used up all my pokeballs, I found a shiny shinx

Pwnbee
28th March 2008, 3:40 PM
3 shiny toxicroaks in the Safari Game.

They all ran from me.

;^;

razor fire
28th March 2008, 3:46 PM
3 shiny toxicroaks!! I transferred all my pokemon from sapphire to colosseum, well I thought it was all my pokemon. It turned that I forgot to transfer my shiny spinda. I noticed when I had started a new game and already saved ;_;

Jimbobson
28th March 2008, 3:54 PM
On Pokemon gold (this was ages ago) i found a wild SHINY Caterpie, i think i started the game again for no reason.... (goes to check)

Fusioneer
30th March 2008, 3:44 PM
I've been chaining ralts for 3 days and up till now i've got no shiny
broke my chains at 39 44 and 40 ;__;

Gunny
30th March 2008, 8:16 PM
my Magnemite chain broke at 15 twice in a row.... I had bad luck there. (It broke for no reason!)

Oh, and an Aron, while not shiny, a pain for me to find.... it used Roar!!! Right when I was close to catching it...
(wants to kill those that use Roar -ahem... Mightyena anyone?-)

DeeMc
31st March 2008, 2:02 AM
On my sapphire i caught a feebas after 3 weeks of searching.
The next day i turned on saphire.

"Data Corrupt"

Had to start a new game.

Sasori
31st March 2008, 2:44 AM
I ran away on my chain of 40 by accident.. sigh...

shadowknight523
31st March 2008, 5:18 AM
Ye, i caught a gold magikarp! i was gonna evolve it so i used it in battle, it fainted. i went to use a revive on it and it was gone. my game glitched up and i assume it died.

Ellie
31st March 2008, 5:21 AM
Killed a shiny Magmar :/

but I have several other caught-by-me shinies, so it's all right.

Overheat Hothead
31st March 2008, 5:28 AM
Caught a shiny Graveler, set my DS down without saving and came back and without opening attepted to turn it on when I was actually turning it off and saying good bye to my Graveler forever.

wrogth
2nd April 2008, 9:23 PM
i once fainted a suicune in crystal

Turtwig.owns
2nd April 2008, 11:00 PM
My pokerus got away a few days ago.... I forgot to put my zubat back in my PC...

Royboyvdm
3rd April 2008, 4:37 PM
when i was chaining a growlithe, at 20 i saw a shiny patch i walked 1 step from the patch but my repel ran out, i had to move my face to the right first and a pokemon came...

Narumaru
3rd April 2008, 4:41 PM
got my chain to 30 battery wnt low the game shut off.

Cool Frood
4th April 2008, 1:10 AM
I saw a shiny poochyena (in Sapphire)...and then I realized that it was the start of the game! I was trying to train my treecko to level 10-ish when I saw it. I had no pokeballs... ;_;

AceTrainerTim
4th April 2008, 1:22 AM
I found a Shiny Volbeat at Lvl: 50 In diamond and I put out Dusnoir Lvl: 55 At the Time and used Brick brake... Sadly it was a critcal hit... and some how Volbeat fainted ;_;

Pit1Freedom
4th April 2008, 2:32 AM
I don't really know if this counts or not, but it was terrible luck...

I was going from Sweet Honey Tree to sweet honey tree to look for a Munchlax and whaddaya know? I found a Shiny combee :O Unfortunately for me, it was male -.-" Completely useless. I still caught it though :D

Mr. Mudkip
4th April 2008, 5:34 AM
missed a shiny pidgey, had no pokeballs...

VTUSH
4th April 2008, 6:26 AM
found a shiny mightyena in saphire and it used roar

hobby
4th April 2008, 9:03 AM
almost every shiny i've seen since gen 2 was seen when i lacked pokeballs, i only ever managed to catch 2 and both were in gen 2 and then to make that worse my silver versions internal battery died so now they are gone too *sigh* i miss my shiny tyranitar

the_showstopper
4th April 2008, 9:42 AM
Found a shiny Porygon2 in emerald battle tower :(

Mythia
4th April 2008, 11:14 AM
Found a shiny starly at the start of my diamond game before I had any pokeballs ;-;

DarkTyphlosion157
4th April 2008, 6:08 PM
During my first ever 40 Aron chain, when I found a shiny patch, during the encounter animation I put the DS lid down, to show my parents, and when I flip it back up again, I found that the game had froze...

Don't worry though. I got what I wanted, getting myself 10 Shiny Arons over 2 chains. (I was dissatisfied with what I got from my first chain)

MetaWolf
4th April 2008, 6:50 PM
Most unfortunate event ever by my standards:

Friend used AR on my Diamond game, I had completed the game in record time (for me) with a bunch of high leveled Pokemon including a bunch of Pokemon that I hunted down in other games and used PalPark to send over to Diamond and poof when I turn my game on after he uses AR (without my knowledge!) my game is gone.

I had Giratina as well and he was hard to track down. Thankfully I memorized how to catch him, the closer I get to him the stronger the wild Pokemon become so basically I walk in a random direction until I find him. xP

I also let go a bunch of random shinies during my time, I also had around five shinies (one was a wingull and another was a numel) that also got lost when my game was erased.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
4th April 2008, 6:59 PM
Pokemon Crystal. My Birthday 2002 (I Think it was 2002 anyway). Start the game. Head to Mr.Pokemon's and on my way i meet a Shiny Poliwag :( Since i was on my way for the first time i was at the point i had no pokeball so i just stared at it for awhile lol. Only Shiny i ever found in 2nd Gen.

rangersgreg
4th April 2008, 8:34 PM
Lol, I was battling my mate for my 100th straight win against him, Grass Knot Ch'ed >.<

Regan
5th April 2008, 11:52 AM
Shiny houndoor in the emerald safari zone. Froze up for about 20 minutes, then threw a ball. Two shakes. Then it fled. I turned my game off, and walked the almost identical route i took getting there (its amazing what little details you can remember under that sort of stress.) As expected, no luck haha.

Still annoys me..

Yonowaru in Chaos
5th April 2008, 12:02 PM
A shiny Drapion in the Great Marsh that was about LV26. Threw a ball at it, failed and it stayed there. So I summoned all my courage and threw mud at it. And it still stayed there. Then I thought that it wasn't the best idea in the world so I threw some food at it. Then it ran away. Yeah, I panicked...

jammy3000100
5th April 2008, 1:23 PM
I saw a shiny bidoof but I fainted him

Queen_Lugia
10th April 2008, 9:50 PM
I was trying to find a female Ralts in my Emerald version once, and I ran into a shiny Poochyena. Thinking that it wasn't a shiny, I fled. I looked at the battle screen, and saw that it was a SHINY! I was SO mad! I kept hitting myself on the forehead and tried to find another shiny Poochyena. No dice....
:@

dr.agon
10th April 2008, 9:54 PM
in my emerald i saw a gold poocheyana and it used roar and ran awy

DarkTyphlosion157
10th April 2008, 10:20 PM
After a Bronzor chain breaking, I turn off to save 30 Super Repels. However, I forgot to save one of the 2 Shiny Bronzors I caught before somehow. With only an inadequeate one, looks like I'll be rechaining for some more. Lets hope my finger doesn't slip smashing my character into another Ponyta patch.

U_U

Once again, I'll be rechaining like I did for Aron, so eventually it'll be alright. Just a few hours down the drain.

Queen_Lugia
11th April 2008, 12:37 AM
in my emerald i saw a gold poocheyana and it used roar and ran awy

Wow. Apparently, I'm not the only Emerald player that encountered a shiny Poochyena and either ran or forced to run via Roar.

Elite Four Muadita
11th April 2008, 1:46 AM
Pokemon diamond i was chaining late at night and i got around 3 shinies but i didnt saved and fall asleep so the battery died and my shiny voltorb disappeared =(

Tyrone
12th April 2008, 12:54 AM
I saw a shiny Zubat in Shoal Cave in Pokemon Emerald then found a shiny Spheal in the next 5 battles. Then the game got lost.

jiang
12th April 2008, 1:06 AM
Emerald: Stupid me, I was out hunting pikachus for lightballs one day and I was in such a hurry that I did not want to see any other pokemon except pikachu, and then I encountered a sunkern that didn't seem to be differently colored but had a spark and a klanking sound! ooopppsss! a shiny! but i ran away! arrrggghh! i hated it...I never encountered another shiny ever since that last one, and I am now almost 700 hours into my emerald game...and no luck still...

VTUSH
12th April 2008, 8:46 AM
My brother recently started his game and found a shiny abra at the start, he threw a pokeball but didn't catch it then it used teleport. I feel really sorry for him because he found two other shinies a while back but they also ran away. (mightyena and diglett) but with diglett his game froze after he caught it. :(

Sasori
12th April 2008, 1:14 PM
Frickin snovers.. won't pass down their IV's. T_T Yeah, it got away cause I was 2 points from finishing my project... sigh..

Pingouin7
12th April 2008, 4:52 PM
Emerald... Stater battle, Poochyena was shiny :(

In Emerald, in the starter battle, the foe is a Zigzagoon.

justrealize
13th April 2008, 6:31 AM
when i started emerald i saw a shiny poochyena
no balls ><

waterlunar
13th April 2008, 8:18 AM
Im my first play through Sapphire I found a shiny Tentacool. My attack scored critical and killed it :K Then 1 day in FR while looking for a lucky egg (spent 1-2 hours in safari zone) and I was falling asleep..opened my eye - shiny rhyhorn. Threw a ball and it ran ;_; So one day I'll chain some to regain it >.>

Other than that in Diamond I lost 3 shinies while chaining. Roar, Take Down, and Explosion sucks. :[

iluvwobbuffet
13th April 2008, 10:03 AM
The first night Diamond was out in North America, I ran into a Shiny Silcoon.
Too bad I used all of my Poke Balls and Dusk Balls the battle before on a damn Murkrow that I STILL didn't catch.
I was so angry at myself because I normally keep a few extra Poke Balls just in case I find a Pokemon I want, and the one time I do something different......*growls*

Also, while I was chaining Skittys, two killed themselves with Double Edge. I normally look into what level Pokemon are so I can check their move sets, but again, one time I don't do something I normally do, something happens(the second shiny Skitty I lost, I took a chance at hitting them after losing the first shiny, then a couple turns later, it killed itself).
I got four shiny Skittys out of six, so I'm not complaining, lmao.

I have learned to stick to my routines though, lmao.

=^_^=

Babs
13th April 2008, 10:06 AM
i: never encountered a random shiny, NEVER!(plays pokemon daily)
little brother: plays pokemon a few minutes and ran into a shiny.
i was VERY VERY VERY angryX.X

jono123
13th April 2008, 11:31 AM
My first random encounterd shiny on any game a tentacruel i killed with discharge because the lower level one i caught just before had survived it, damn critical hits

shiny_arceus
13th April 2008, 11:33 AM
Well my first rhyhorn chain of today broke at 37. I hate fearow -__-

May's brother
13th April 2008, 11:49 AM
I've got two unfortunate stories.
On sapphire I found a shiny spoink, but I was out of great balls. I cried until Fortree city, when luck would have it, an hour after finding spoink, I found an oddish. I always make sure i'm stocked up with ultra balls now.

I also caught a shiny zubat on my emerald which I transfered to my now missing FR version.

Spoink still bothers me to this day.

PhotoFrame
13th April 2008, 12:23 PM
My Sis came across a shiny Gastly...

And had no Pokeballs.

rekreatur
13th April 2008, 1:03 PM
My Bagon chain got to 40 and then my finger slipped and walked in the wrong patch...

Discharge
13th April 2008, 4:12 PM
Shiny scorpio fled at safari. uhh that would've been cool..

MCXD
13th April 2008, 9:12 PM
This didn't exactly get away but: Shiny Zigzagoon in Emerald. The problem was, it was the one you had to beat when you pick your starter.

I was really annoyed because that was the first shiny I've ever seen and I still haven't seen another to do this date.

Beurre
14th April 2008, 2:45 AM
I once found a shint Gastly in the pokemon mansion. I caught it and even rose it to a haunter. However, this was before i learned about chaining. You can't chain gastlys, right? So i thought that it was not that great, and I DELETED MY FILE LATER. I was like having a mental problem or something. I don't know. Looking back, it was adamant nature, so i guess it was kinda bad, but still, it was shiny. :(

Nicholas95
13th May 2008, 1:52 AM
I've never seen a wild shiny, but I have got shiny pokemon in trades.

ChariMence
13th May 2008, 3:37 AM
On LeafGreen, I found a shiny Gastly and I evolved it to a Gengar, traded it to my friend to clone it a million times (3 times actually xD), but then he "lost it," and since he has a tendancy to sell his stuff, I couldn't check in what Emerald it was on (since there were like 3 people with Emerald in this neighborhood).

Also, I found a shiny Bellsprout on an island on LeafGreen, and I used HEAT WAVE on it!!! Fortunate IT MISSED!! =D But that's not the bad news, the bad news is that after I caught it, I transfered it to my OLD Diamond, and I lost it, along with my old DS. >.<

Also, my friend had a 10ANNIV Jirachi, and he said he wasn't going to trade me one because I wouldn't give him a shiny Gengar (WHICH HE "LOST!!") and later he sold that game to a little kid who deleted the file... -.- ...little kids these days... I don't blame them though.. they wouldn't look at an OT anyway..

dialgafan03
13th May 2008, 5:47 AM
shiny carnivine in safari, but it fled..

necropedal
26th May 2008, 4:31 AM
the two that got away from me were a shiny gyarados in diamond @ lv.58
and shiny Mewtwo in FireRed, goddamn rapid spin.

Shard 567
26th May 2008, 4:56 AM
I remember when I was EV training for sp attack EV's in the old chateau(Not sure how its spelled) Then I run across a blue gastly! I weakened it as much as possible then when I checked my pokeballs I only had 1 left! I throw it and it breaks free...

EmpoleonStaraptorStarch
26th May 2008, 5:49 PM
So... I was going out and catching the last pokemon I needed for my pokedex -- Azelf. I did it and got the Pokeradar. I was overjoyed!!! I rushed to the battle tower place and went just a little north. I tried it out for my first time, and a SHINY FEAROW came up. Guess what? I had used my last ball on Azelf... D:

mifune
26th May 2008, 9:01 PM
I had a electrike chain up to 40 and lo and behold I saw a shiny, and after 10 ultra balls wouldn't catch it, I accidentally hit the run button. I got so mad that I started another chain, just going wild, following no rules and in about an hour I had another chain up to 40, only this time it broke for no apparent reason, I guess electrike is my white whale. Havent had a swarm of it in the 2 weeks since this happened.

Blue_Ditto_256
29th May 2008, 1:35 AM
In Ruby, the first shiny pokemon I ever saw was... a Golem in the Battle Tower. I also saw a shiny Yanmega in the Wi-Fi battle room in Pearl. Other than that, I got a Bidoof chain to 37, then stepped in a shaking patch while recharging. And I broke a 47-Machoke chain to the patch above my head...

Zinimi
29th May 2008, 1:43 AM
I got a story that actually happened on my cousin's Sapphire version. She ran into a shiny Latias... in the safari zone! It got away, needless to say...

K3v1n
29th May 2008, 1:44 AM
I had a precious game with 10 shinys,pikachu,golbat,lapras,charizard,blastoise,I vysaur,Aerodactly,tangela,shroomish.I lent it to this guy,he stole the game,that was a few weeks ago.Firered,I got crazy when shiny aipom fled in the safari.

Soldier Blue
29th May 2008, 5:19 AM
Hatching roselia's the other day and hatched a shiny one but it was naughty, the next 6 came out modest.

Dragonisfire
29th May 2008, 9:37 AM
I hatched about 20 Quiet Mudkips the other day. Some of them without IV breeding had double flawless but I am demanding perfection from this lot.

zaxly100
31st May 2008, 2:26 PM
In Leaf green, i saw a shiny Machop, and i ran away thinking it was a ditto!

I was such a n00b when i was eight....

DarkTyphlosion157
31st May 2008, 4:48 PM
Caught a 29/31/17/25/31/20 Regigigas.

The problem?

IT WAS TIMID!!!

Vaydir
31st May 2008, 6:26 PM
Shiny ditto in LeafGreen. I thought it was a bug, so killed it. Later on, I found out that alternate color Pokes are rare...
>.<

Omneon
31st May 2008, 8:48 PM
Found a Shiny Budew and had no balls left. D:

Regifire
31st May 2008, 9:08 PM
FR Shiny Nidoran MALE fled :X I knew what a shiny was but stupid... it HAD to be the safari zone.... *cries*

Cyndaquil32
31st May 2008, 9:10 PM
my bro got a shiny torchic but it i accidently kicked a ball at his DS and..........you know the rest

pmmets07
1st June 2008, 6:23 PM
I have never chained to 40, or gotten a shiny, and yesterday I had a chain of 37 Ponyta. I was resetting the radar and i decided to turn to the right because I thought i was going in between a sparkly patch (i needed non sparkly patches) and I walked right into the sparkly patch. A Geodude came up and broke my chain. Thanks Geodude. I trieed to chain several times afterward, and I couldn't get past 7, so i gave up.

Lucariofan96
1st June 2008, 7:18 PM
I was about to get a shiny tertwig when my DS ran out of battery(it happend 2 times):(.

Lucariofan96
1st June 2008, 7:20 PM
I was about to get a shiny tertwig when my DS ran out of battery(it happend 2 times):(.

Mega Weavile
1st June 2008, 7:33 PM
One day I saw 2 Shiny patches on a chain.

bookist
2nd June 2008, 3:35 PM
caught a shiny zubat and sent a shiny crobat too my pearl then my sister accidentally let her dog in my room, my game/s save file broke.

razor fire
2nd June 2008, 3:44 PM
my friend thought that his shiny aron was dying and i said he could trade it to me. then he restarted! i could have had an shiny aron:(

Khamul
2nd June 2008, 3:53 PM
I saw a shiny Noctowl at the Safari Zone, and it was almost caught then fled after three "moves" of the ball. :((

Dragonisfire
2nd June 2008, 4:57 PM
I have caught every shiny I have ever encountered... unfortunately, I haven't met that many

Lemolum
2nd June 2008, 5:44 PM
i've played all of the pokemon games and never come across a shiny!

Mosher-flip
3rd June 2008, 2:59 PM
on sapphire i was breeding charmanders trying to get a shiny...i went into the whismur cave and a shiny appeared but it destroyed my level 5 charmanders with uproar :'(

Rachmat19
3rd June 2008, 3:07 PM
Never failed catching a shiny, I always have few master balls with me.

My stupidest was probably trying a rayquaza-transformed Ditto with more than 15 balls, till I realize that the catch rate increases too when Ditto transform...

King Ginger
3rd June 2008, 3:16 PM
Finding a shiny Zigzagoon on Emerald, and K.Oing it in one f'ing move. Goddamn Treecko with it's critical hits. -.-

SonicBoom117
3rd June 2008, 4:43 PM
Recently I was chaining for a mareep...A Shiny patch showed up at a chain of 3 problem is I was on the phone at the time and wasn't paying attention to the surrounding patches and I walked into a different patch :(

wrogth
6th June 2008, 11:09 PM
my friend thought that his shiny aron was dying and i said he could trade it to me. then he restarted! i could have had an shiny aron:(
dying?????

POKEMONMASTER260
6th June 2008, 11:14 PM
Well, this isn't gen 4, it's gen 2, but...............

.............a LONG time ago, in my original game, Crystal, I saw a female Shiny Digglet. I had no idea what a, "shiny," was, but I remember I managed to NOT catch it. I just thought all female Digglet had a blue nose. I was wrong.

..........And I managed NOT to catch the Red Gyarados. (The shiny that, in gen 2 only, is an actual in-the-storyline Wild shiny battle,) Of course, I did get one from trades, but eventually, I did the change trainer colors glitch w/out knowing it would get rid of all my boxed Pokemon........

Rizardosaur
6th June 2008, 11:28 PM
Day 5... I can't remember how many times my chain of Bagons broke. more than 20 times. Wait, i chained 50 Bagons so far. Yes! A shiny patch! I took one step. Ran into the wild Cresselia that's running around everywhere. NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO! These Pokemon aren't affected by Max Repel. I could've had a Shiny Salamence right now, but nnnnooooooooo. The Cresselia had to appear now.

WiCkEd SpOrK
7th June 2008, 8:14 AM
this thread should be called "How I didn't catch my shiny" since that is all it is

Lucario dragon master
7th June 2008, 1:37 PM
one time in silver version my sister went to go get a misdreavous in silver cave and after she caught the misdreavous she started going toward the cave exit. Then a shiny graveler appeared. She had plenty of masterballs from cloning but when she attempted to throw the master ball it said that her box was full.

Lishus13
8th June 2008, 3:47 AM
this thread should be called "How I didn't catch my shiny" since that is all it is

Maybe because it was "the one that got away"!

Java-wolf
8th June 2008, 5:10 AM
Shiny Skorupi in the Great Marsh and it RAN AWAY!
That was frustrating and depressing :/

Hauntshadow
16th June 2008, 4:01 PM
Shiny Turtwig on GTS!

Sharks Shouldn't Fly
16th June 2008, 5:14 PM
I let a shiny Machoke get KO'd. DDDDDDD':

the spiritomb
16th June 2008, 5:22 PM
i've killed a shiny pelipper -.-

Rayquaza07
16th June 2008, 6:20 PM
One time I was surfing in Ruby and I saw a walemer with a pirple tint. I thought it was just a glare from light and I ran away. A few years later I found what a shiny was from my cousin and regretted not catching it.

Rayquaza07
16th June 2008, 6:22 PM
One time I was surfing in Ruby and I saw a walemer with a pirple tint. I thought it was just a galre from light and I ran away. A few years later I found what a shiny was from my cousin and regretted not catching it.

Phrexyian Garguantua
16th June 2008, 6:33 PM
Palmer had a shiny Regigigas.

GarchompHata
16th June 2008, 6:38 PM
I had shiny totodile when i saw elm on emerald (adamant) but after i looked i clicked back my ds, and my game froze.

WiCkEd SpOrK
17th June 2008, 3:44 AM
Maybe because it was "the one that got away"!

the title and first post dont specify shinies
so gud job thar

The King of Ho-oh's
17th June 2008, 4:51 AM
One time I was fishing for shiny Magicarps at one of DPs Lakes
(the one near the first town) and decided to surf to the other
side to look for a better spot. When I was coming back wouldn't
you know it, random encounter, shiny Psyduck! I don't care though
I love both of my random encounter shinys the other being a adamant Nidoqueen that I caught as a Nidoran at the Safari Zone in LG.

Once while I was chaining for a female, careful Togepi. I ran into
(i wasn't looking for a shiny) a shiny female, careful Togepi with
awesome stats.

Deoxys Arceus
17th June 2008, 5:12 AM
In D/P, I have nothing like not catching shinies or anything else.
But in Sapphire, I saw a shiny Zigzagoon but I ran away because I thought my game was broken and I didn't know how valuable it was.

Deoxys Arceus
17th June 2008, 5:31 AM
In D/P, I have nothing like not catching shinies or anything else.
But in Sapphire, I saw a shiny Zigzagoon but I ran away because I thought my game was broken and I didn't know how valuable it was.

Argon
17th June 2008, 6:16 AM
Ar: This would be the perfect thread to tell how the colored Quagsire I found in the Great Marsh escaped. It was the first pokemon I found in the Great Marsh, too...

Gon: I had a friend who claimed to have seen a green-eared Whismur. He thought it was a glitch, and didn't catch it. I explained to him what a colored pokemon was later.

*$hinydragonite*
17th June 2008, 6:40 AM
Never had any real big "Pokemon got away moments"... I've had a few close calls (shiny Dratini caught in 16th Safari Ball thrown at it; had lots of opportunity to escape like all the other Dratinis and Dragonairs I'd been trying to catch)... Only thing I can think of how I lost out on a shiny Wooper in the GTS due to not being able to transfer the wanted Kecleon (thought the clock for Pal Park reset at Midnight like another game I've played; I was quite wrong). So far I've been lucky, and I hope it continues to hold.

blackrose
17th June 2008, 6:45 AM
well i have never seen a shiny, but my friend fainted a shiny ponyta.

VTUSH
17th June 2008, 6:56 AM
well this didn't heppen to me but to my brother, he has had heaps of bad luck.
In FR he caught a shiny ditto and was training it in the E4 but everytime he lost or won he would return back to the start of the E4 so he was forever trapped so he had to restart.
He found a shiny mightyena in saphire but it used roar
He found a shiny abra in like the first twenty minutes of D/P but it used teleport.
so he hasb't had luck with many shinies unfortunately.

shon_taylor
17th June 2008, 11:53 AM
A stupid shiny wooper in Great Marsh running away after 2 safari balls. :(

Lottie
17th June 2008, 12:22 PM
Shiny Skuntank KO'ed itself for some reason - I happened to look up from my game for a second, only to look back and see "Wild SKUNTANK has fainted!"

I thought... oh, alrighty then...

Medical_healer
17th June 2008, 2:48 PM
I had an almost horrifying moment while playing at a camp ground with a regualar DS I almost ran from a shiny staravia because I didn't realize the color then I thought to my self wait Staravia aren't brown and saved the staravia from being fled from. Another four horrfying moment caught a shiny nidoran female (didn't know what they were so started a new game), brother got a shiny poochyena before pokeballs (still didnt know what it is but told him to catch), brother got a second poochyena but started a new game. D: Then the fourth finally captured a mewtwo in FR but then I reliazed I had no escape ropes and the only surviving pokemon on my team is wobbufet battling wobbufets so in the end I had around 15 of these blue guys I then ran out of balls and ran into a shiny machoke.

PokemaniacTJ
17th June 2008, 4:04 PM
awesome team/pokemon... before d/p nephew erased my game on emerald :(

SHUCKLE MAN
17th June 2008, 6:07 PM
I'm lucky, to have caught all my shinies, but I did sell a Choice Band when I was trying to sell a Nugget once...

Birds of Paradise
18th June 2008, 12:42 AM
I was on the bus on the way to school and I was playing my firered. I was going through a cave and encountered a green zubat. I almost ko it when something clicks in my brain that its a shiny. It took a couple of pokeballs to catch it. I traded it over to my diamond and traded it for another poke on wifi trades [the only shiny I've ever caught/encountered :(]

encas
18th June 2008, 12:55 AM
In Sapphire, I was wandering the Shoal Cave (is that what it's called?) when I found a shiny Spheal. I caught it, saved immediately afterwards, and eventually trained into a Walrein. Unfortunately, my sister, thinking you could have more than one save file, started a new game and SAVED. The truly sad thing is that she is a full eleven years older than me, so she's not like a baby cousin or anything.

Once in Leaf Green I was in the Safari Zone when I found a shiny Nidoran female. I knew it was a shiny, so I chucked some Safari Balls at it. One of the balls almost captured it, but it escaped all of them and ran. I'm not so hurt over it though, since I have chained some shiny Nidorina in Diamond, one of which I still have. Also, in my Emerald, I had a successful shiny Safari Zone capture: a Pikachu while hunting for just any Pikachu with a Light Ball. Her name is Techsquek, and despite being off-natured (Calm), she's my first ever Level 100, and I love her!

JPH345
18th June 2008, 1:14 AM
I was nearly through with the game on ruby, had all badges and 2 pokemon capaple of defeating the elite 4. i visited my friend's house, and his sister started a new game. I was fine with it until she saved O_O

Thunder of Charizard
18th June 2008, 3:24 AM
In my crystal, I encountered a shiny Zubat in the Ice Cave (I don't know if that's what its called; its the one between the cities with the 7th and 8th gyms). I tried to weaken it, but scored a critical hit and KOd it. Also, I was able to train a great team in Sapphire, including a lvl 100 Swampert and lvl 96 Crobat, but then I let my friend borrow it to beat the elite four with and his nephew restarted his game.

Argon
19th June 2008, 3:34 AM
Ar: I'm not sure if it counts, but while I was underground, I was excavating... but the wall crumbled before I could uncover a Rare Bone.

Master Leo
19th June 2008, 3:36 AM
I found a shiny Mightyena but it used ROAR on me.......so disappointing.......

Argon
19th June 2008, 7:15 AM
All:... Wait... There are more than one colored pokemon of a species?

Gon: I pity a lot of you. Very unlucky...

deltapiplupx
19th June 2008, 4:32 PM
I was resetting for a shiney Palkia had 1 after about 3548 resets It was about 1:00 AM and was so used to turning the Ds off, i accendently did. I learned that DS's cant fly thank the lord that god invented a little thing that I need to use alot (drum role) INSURENCE!!!!!!!(no more resetting at night for me!!!!)

wrogth
19th June 2008, 5:44 PM
I was resetting for a shiney Palkia had 1 after about 3548 resets It was about 1:00 AM and was so used to turning the Ds off, i accendently did. I learned that DS's cant fly thank the lord that god invented a little thing that I need to use alot (drum role) INSURENCE!!!!!!!(no more resetting at night for me!!!!)
thats awesome

buttbug
19th June 2008, 7:09 PM
In Emerald, I encountered a shiny Sceptile in the Battle Factory... Oh well, at least I could fight with it for a while after I picked it ^^

And in my Diamond, I encoutnered a shiny Azurill in the Great Marsh... It ran away -.-

rekreatur
19th June 2008, 8:06 PM
My Bagon chain broke at 40 and my Eevee chain broke at 39 TT_TT

Imperial_Furret
19th June 2008, 9:17 PM
Around the time of my Mightyena obbsesion, I restarted one of my third gen games. (can't remember which) The Poochyena that attacks Birch in the begining? It was shiny.

(Facepalm)

Larry
19th June 2008, 10:56 PM
My cousin restarted my Silver and I lost all of my lv. 100s and others...

Shrimpy6313
20th June 2008, 12:04 AM
I found a shiny Buneary in Eterna forest, but it was a double battle, so I couldnt catch it. :/

Shrimpy6313
20th June 2008, 12:04 AM
I found a shiny Buneary in Eterna forest, but it was a double battle, so I couldnt catch it. :/

Eevee_Slugma
20th June 2008, 12:27 AM
on my ruby, i caught groudon with a pokeball and didn't save...>.<
My friend caught Rayquaza with a pokeball, but his game was mysteriously deleted.
I dropped my Gold version outside. Weeks later, i find it to be unplayable. (I lost my FAVORITE lv. 100 Typhlosion :( )
My friend trained a level 100 Meganium on his silver, traded it to his gold and restarted by accident.
My other friend has a lv. 100 Feraligator. I'm waiting for something to happen...

Kenji
20th June 2008, 12:52 AM
QQ more thread?

-gasp and point- You've got no balls!
Let me give you some!
-hands five Pokeballs to Lord_Sunday-

Anyway, it's not D/P, but.. meh.
I stupidly restarted my Leaf Green once, about three days after I caught my first shiny.. [A sandslash.]

Snow
20th June 2008, 2:59 AM
Well it wasent me but my friend saw a shiny golbat but he KOed it then I tod him the rareity and he almost punched himself.

Mega Steelix
20th June 2008, 8:23 AM
On Gold version, I found a Shiny Electrode in the Rocket building in Mahogany town and decided to run away, to save then rebattle it, when the battle started it was normal.

It probably would have used explosion/selfdestruct anyway.

Argon
20th June 2008, 9:15 AM
All: Just to make a point, you can catch pokemon in a double battle, just when the other wild pokemon is defeated. That's how I caught my Buneary.

KamiStriker
21st June 2008, 11:06 AM
I found my first poke radar pokemon ever. It was a shinx. I had my skeptile out and I went to press false swipe but slipped and used quick attack which killed it.

VenoSpyder
21st June 2008, 2:48 PM
I once encountered a shiny Steelix in Snowpoint Temple.

...My Lucario killed it.

Soaring Dragonite
21st June 2008, 8:54 PM
I haven't had any of those moments in Diamond, but I did on my Emerald Version. I ran into a shiny Whismur while in Victory Road, then accidentally knocked it out. =/

KamiStriker
22nd June 2008, 6:17 AM
I had made my chain. The last pokemon I fought was in the botom right corner with a tree below me and on my right. There was only 2 routes to move in. 2 pieces of grass wiggle right infront of me in both directions. Diagonally from me was a shiny grass....
I had no way to get to it.

GreenAiden555
22nd June 2008, 7:04 AM
missed a shiny pidgey, had no pokeballs...

I'm willing to bet your girlfriend's cat died the same day, too, huh?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway...Shiny Quagsire, Great Marsh. Add two and two together.