View Full Version : The Abyss of Shadows

Kat
15th February 2008, 12:38 AM
Banner coming soon!

The Abyss of Darkness
Rules, Regulations, and General Information

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

What is the Abyss?
The Abyss of Darkness is a Club of SPPf that revolves around Dark-Type Pokémon. It was created as there were clubs for other types, but not specifically the Dark-Type. In addition, I had some time on my hands and decided to give it a shot.

Who can join the Abyss?
Anyone! The beauty of Clubs is that anyone who likes the club can join in!
NOTE: If you have been added to the Banned List (below), you can’t (re)join as you’ve been banned by myself/another person who has the ability to do so. (See below)
Note, however, those with an affinity/like for/of the Dark Type will probably get more out of the Abyss than those without an affinity.

RULES AND REGULATIONS

-Follow all rules of SPPF. I will report all posts that I see in this thread that violate this rule to the Club Mod’s immediately upon discovery.
-Do not spam. Do not come here to converse on matters not relating to Dark Pokémon, the Dark Type, or non-Abyss activities. Also, do not post “one-liners”. The club mod’s define this as SPAM. The PM system (or other threads/clubs) is for that. Spamming is against the SPPf rules, but I feel the need to reiterate this. I will report all posts that I see in this thread that violate this rule to the Club Mod’s immediately upon discovery.
-Do not curse/use derogatory language. This is against the SPPf rules, but I feel the need to reiterate this. I will report all posts that I see in this thread that violate this rule to the Club Mod’s immediately upon discovery.
-Do not ask to be promoted to a higher Club Rank (below). You will automatically be promoted to a higher rank upon completion of that Rank’s Entry Requirements (below). Asking will result in a 1-Week ban from participation and a 10-Point deduction from your total Rank Points. Asking to be promoted to a Club Staff Position will result in a deduction of your rank to the lowest (Eevee) rank. (If you are already at Eevee Rank, you will receive a -100 point rank penalty.
-Upon your first violation of these rules, you will receive a warning from the club (In lieu of any infraction the Mod’s decide to impose). Your second Rule violation will result in a 1-Week Participation Ban (In lieu of any infraction the Mod’s decide to impose). Your third will be a 2-Week, fourth 1-Month, and fifth a Permanent Ban from the club. I F YOU ARE BANNED FOR ANY LEGNTH OF TIME AND YOU POST TWICE IN THE CLUB (FIRST WITH A “YOU ARE BANNED. STOP POSTING” RESPONSE), I WILL REQUEST THAT THE CLUB MOD’S RESTRICT YOUR POSTING RIGHTS WITHIN THE CLUB THREAD!
-You must post once per two weeks to remain in the club. You will be removed and banned if you don’t. Don’t SPAM to do this either. If you will be gone for a long time (2+ Weeks or close to it), PM me so I won’t wipe you off of the Club Roster during your absence. Be sure to PM me when you return.
-Please have fun. I doubt that anyone will violate the club rules (no more than once, at any rate). I made this club to be a fun place to discuss all aspects of the Dark Type.

Joining the Abyss/Ranks

How can I join?
Please PM me (Kat) stating your intent to join the Abyss of Darkness. I will respond within 24 hours with the Abyss of Darkness Entrance Exam. You must then take the exam and pass with an 80% (40/50) or higher in order to be accepted into the Abyss (Instructions are on the Exam). You may use SPP or any other Pokémon information resource in order to pass it. Once you are accepted, your name will appear under your appropriate Rank heading with your current point total (below), and you will receive a confirmation PM. Note that we have a limit of 40 members max in place at this time to keep things organized. (Credit to the “Eeveelution Evolution, version 6!” club for this idea!) You may PM me to be placed on a waiting list if you want to join but we are full. You will be placed on it until we have an opening, at which time the Exam will be sent to you.

What are Ranks?
Ranks represent your position in the Abyss hierarchy. Ranks are assigned using a point system (below). Reaching certain point totals will increase your rank. All members start at the lowest, Eevee, rank.

Why is there an Eevee Rank? Isn’t this a Dark Pokémon Club?
There exists an Eevee Rank as Eevee can evolve into a Dark Pokémon, Umbreon. Enough said.

Ranks

Note that the Rank Group Titles (in parentheses) apply to the ranks above that title. * indicate I must place a person at this rank. Dark Arceus is the highest rank possible for non-Moderator/Co/Owner (Spiritomb, Absol, Umbreon) members.
Umbreon (Owner)
Absol (Co-Owner)*
------------------------------(Champions of Darkness)
Dark Arceus (5000+)
Darkrai (2501-5000)
Spiritomb (1001-2500)
-------------------------------(Masters of Darkness)
Tyranitar (901-1000)
Drapion (801-900)
Crawdaunt (701-800)
Cacturne (601-700)
-------------------------------(Apprentices of Darkness)
Weavile (541-600)
Sharpedo (481-540)
Shiftry (431-480)
Mightyena (371-430)
Houndoom (321-370)
Honchkrow (271-320)
-------------------------------(Beginning Learners of Darkness)
Sneasel (211-270)
Carvanah (171-210)
Nuzleaf (121-170)
Poochyena (81-120)
Houndour (51-80)
Murkrow (21-50)
Eevee (0-20)
-------------------------------(Seekers of Darkness)
All new members start out with 0 Points.

Rank Powers

Seekers of Darkness can: Recruit Members, Make Club Artwork (below), Take Part in Club Activities, suggest Discussion Topic of the Week, Join Darkness Group (below)

Beginning Learners of Darkness can: Recruit Members, Make Club Artwork (below), Take Part in Club Activities, suggest Discussion Topic of the Week, Join Darkness Group, create Darkness Group, Lead Darkness Group.

Apprentices of Darkness and Spiritomb/Darkrai members can: Recruit Members, Make Club Artwork (below), Take Part in Club Activities, suggest Discussion Topic of the Week, Join Darkness Group, create Darkness Group, Lead Darkness Group, Organize Official Club Events, Suggest Member for Ostracism (below), Take Part in Club Planning Discussions.

Dark Arceus members can: Recruit Members, Make Club Artwork (below), Take Part in Club Activities, suggest Discussion Topic of the Week, Join Darkness Group, create Darkness Group, Lead Darkness Group, Organize Official Club Events, Suggest Member for Ostracism, Take Part in Club Planning Discussions, Help Run Club (specifics sent via PM when you become a Dark Arceus ranked member)

Absol (Co-Owner) can: Recruit Members, Make Club Artwork (below), Take Part in Club Activities, suggest Discussion Topic of the Week, Join Darkness Group, create Darkness Group, Lead Darkness Group, Organize Official Club Events, Suggest Member for Ostracism, Take Part in Club Planning Discussions, Help Run Club, Issue Warning to Member, Run Club in Temporary Absence of Owner.

Umbreon (Owner) can: Recruit Members, Make Club Artwork (below), Take Part in Club Activities, suggest Discussion Topic of the Week, Join Darkness Group, create Darkness Group, Lead Darkness Group, Organize Official Club Events, Suggest Member for Ostracism, Take Part in Club Planning Discussions, Issue Warning to Member, Ban Member, Run Club on a Day to Day Basis.

What We Do Here

This is a list of the activities I hope can be implemented in this club. None of these will be implemented UNTIL we have 5+ members.

Discussion Topic of the Week- A topic chosen by me/myself and/or the Co-Owner that is open for constructive discussion/debate. Posts discussing the Topic ARE ASKED TO HAVE “Discussion of the Week- [Insert Discussion Topic here] as a title.

Puzzles- Occasionally, we may have puzzles up on the first post for members to solve. Solving these first may come with a point prize.

Free Discussion- You may discuss anything relating to the Dark Type (Pkmn, moves, etc.) Please title these posts “Free Discussion- [Insert Discussion Topic here] to make searching the thread easier.

Battles- Members who have Pokémon Diamond/Pearl may be able to compete in Pokémon Tourneys using only Dark Pokémon. Promotions/Point Up’s may be awarded for these. Please DO NOT use this thread to battle with someone; however, use the D/P Battle area please.

Ostracism-What is It?

In the city of Athens in Ancient Greece, the citizens, once a year, went to the “polls” and wrote the name of an elected official on a piece of clay called an ostrica. The official with the most votes was then exiled to another part of Greece because the people collectively thought he was a bad official. Here, we do the same thing.

Once we have 30 members, I will initiate Ostracism. Once every two months, a list of persons (decided by me, the Co-Owner, and other appropriately ranked members) will be issued. Members will need to PM me with their vote of who they think should be ousted, and the person with the most votes will be ousted and unable to return for a period of three months. This is to cycle out old people who are potentially inactive and to get new people in. Note that I, the Co-Owner, and all people ranked Masters of Darkness are ineligible for Ostracism. (As we work the hardest and therefore are not inactive, etc. At any rate, I can oust the Co-Owner at any time if they are bad.)

Club Artwork

Any member can make club artwork. If you choose to make it, please send it to me so I can add it below this notice so others can use it. Credit and Rank Points will be given. Please do not post club artwork in a post here, let me put it here for all to see.

-Club Userbars

Any member who would be as kind as to make user bars for club member’s sigs can do so. If you choose to make them, please send it to me so I can add it below this notice so others can use it. Below are the requirements. Credit and the appropriate Point Value will be given.

• Must be normal userbar size.
• Must be one for each Rank (each Pokémon Rank)
• Must have on each: “The Abyss of Darkness: [INSERT RANK HERE]”
• Must have appropriate sprite/picture on opposite side of userbar from the text. (If text on right, image on left and vice versa)

The userbars will be placed below. Members can use the userbar that represents their rank in their sig. Non-Members/Members using the inappropriate rank will be reported to the Mods immediately. They are only for members to use.

Point Additions

The following actions will gain you points in the Abyss.

Placing Userbar (once made) in Sig- 25 Points
Making Club Artwork- 40 Points
Discussing Discussion Topic of the Week- 50 Points (awarded once per Discussion Topic of the Week)
Participating in (has-a-point) Free Discussion- 50 Points (awarded once per Free Discussion participated in)
Completing Club Created Puzzles posted further on in this Post- Points Vary
Other Reasons coming soon…

Note that I can assign points for any reason (Being helpful to other members, etc.)

Additional Information

None at this time

Club Activity Central-Coming Soon

Club Roster

Umbreon- Kat
Absol-
------------------------------(Champions of Darkness)
Dark Arceus-
Darkrai-
Spiritomb-
-------------------------------(Masters of Darkness)
Tyranitar-
Drapion-
Crawdaunt-
Cacturne-
-------------------------------(Apprentices of Darkness)
Weavile-
Sharpedo-
Shiftry-
Mightyena-
Houndoom-
Honchkrow-
-------------------------------(Beginning Learners of Darkness)
Sneasel-
Carvanah-
Nuzleaf-
Poochyena-
Houndour-
Murkrow-
Eevee-
-------------------------------(Seekers of Darkness)