PDA

View Full Version : SPPScript V. 6.66 (BETA) Release!

Erik Destler
25th February 2008, 9:56 PM
No, you aren't hallucinating, SPPScript has FINALLY been updated, by yours truly.
(with the help of a bunch of other people though)

Thing is though, I'm not done updating it, but I've updated it enough to where I can have people test it out.

Which, is what I need.
Testers.
And Suggestions for improvements, as I want to make the official release very nice. :)

I've updated the script in many aspects,

Update List:

Got rid of the "lol to Laughing Out Loud" (and et cetera) script
Editted the Time feature
Got rid of the Kirby Slaps
Updated the Backgrounds
Updated mIRC to 6.31
Added a timed kickban
If you type /dex randompokemon, a link will appear to its page.
When you Minimize, instead of the standard mIRC icon going to tray, it's a little Serebii.
Scripts don't kick halfops any more
Added extra modes to popups (such as halfop/dehalfop user or protect/deprotect user)
Got rid of stuff about UserOps (which we don't have any more)
Added stuff to the SPPScript Program Tools feature, such as an opener for Firefox or Internet Explorer, AIM, and other stuff..

This is just a minor list.

Stuff to be in Next Update..
I need to fix a few typos.

----

oh.
yeah.

http://www.mediamax.com/kingofrandom23/Hosted/SPPScript6.66beta.zip

Try it out!
Please, feedback is wanted! :)

^__^
25th February 2008, 10:00 PM
This script is great Erik and you know I think it's great.

So many features. Just a shame it wont pick up my computer stats.

Yeti
25th February 2008, 11:54 PM
gjikjkeklslalaowlwlaslals I WANT THE OLD VERSION BACK DANGIT!

The only thing wrong with that was the "lol->somestupidcrap" crap.

This one's default font/background color is white/black... which, with the font size, is difficult to read. White is actually a HARD color to read on black, yellow is the easiest, and I've found lime green works too.
And uh, unless you have some really crappy graphics-wise computer, font 8 should be perfectly readable for you.

Also, that Tree Bar thing, is ANNOYYYYIIIIIIING AS HECK, and a big waste of space on the screen. Remove it from the default startup, I hate that thing, the normal bar at the top is sufficient, and similar to what most SPP Script users/Java users are used to prior to this new version. Seriously why do you need both? Use the smaller, more compact one.

You DID fix the default server, which is GOOD! Yaay it's not irc.serebii.razorville.uk.whatevertheheckitwas anymore. That frustrated me initially.

Some minor asthetic adjustments: the eventual return of the colored ~,&,@,%and+, without them, SPP Script is just another mIRC, visually. And the timestamps changed. Originally, if it looks like this: (12:00:00), the () are the normal font color, while the 12:00:00 is light grey. Helps to break up the mass text walls of one color Dx
The colored features, which I've not found a way to adjust in normal mIRC, are really the best benefits of SPP Script in my opinion. You KNOW how hard it was to break me off that Tyler, it's the colors that kept me on it as opposed to plain mIRC, which is an eyesore with row upon row of the same color with no break.

I don't see much of a difference at first use from the original version. The only noticable change is the lack of annoying acronyms. Otherwise it almost seems like a downgrade, lacking the loveable features of the old scripts of yonder days.

Also, I haven't found a way to do this either in normal mIRC, which is, in the nick list, alter the name colors of the vops/hops/aops/sops/qops into their respective symbol colors. That also helped break up a mass wall of one color text.

Yes, my complaints may be mostly beauty-related, but without them, SPP Script is mIRC with a Celebi background. Oh, and <<<< stuff >>>> running around everywhere. It also doesn't flash/beep when you get a PM, which was mighty helpful on normal mIRC. Lets you know when the spud something crops up.

As a major fan of the previous SPP Script release, I have to say, I have no desire to switch back from normal mIRC to v. 6.66 at all. It's nothing special.

OH WAIT YOU ADDED HALFOP/DEHALFOP TO THE THING?!?!?!?! :D YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS IT IS WORTHWHILE AFTER ALL 8D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fix the timestamps/symbol/nicklist colors and it'll be great. You have super op, auto op, and voice op in the nick menu too still?

dangit the lack of the special colors just messes it up though to be honest. only part of it i dislike. RETURN. THE. COLORS. ;~~~~~~~~~~~;

Kirby
26th February 2008, 2:07 AM
Got rid of the Kirby Slaps

Thank you. I hated that crap.

Misaki-chi
26th February 2008, 8:36 AM
Thank you. I hated that crap.

I don't use SPPScript, so I was just going to post to say that, but Kirby beat me.

DEAR INTERNET: YOUR LITTLE KIRBY DANCE TEXT THINGY ISN'T FUNNY. D:

Yeti
26th February 2008, 2:59 PM
Ready Kirby? <('.')> Oka- *is attacked by sperm missiles*

Also, the double /me on the Away System should be changed.

Erik Destler
26th February 2008, 10:13 PM
Ready Kirby? <('.')> Oka- *is attacked by sperm missiles*

Also, the double /me on the Away System should be changed.

it was.
and it is.

(i told you this noob)

Serebii
28th February 2008, 3:59 PM
Did you add a currently listening to script?

Chris
28th February 2008, 4:17 PM
This is why I use regular mIRC. None of this fancy-pants crap that requires someone else to script things for me. >:|

Erik Destler
1st March 2008, 3:44 AM
Did you add a currently listening to script?

nah, decided against it
but might do it, if I can find one that works with all music programs..

Dragonite
22nd March 2008, 4:58 PM
We're sorry. The page you are trying to reach does not exist.
If you think you've reached this page in error, please contact support@mediamax.com.

That came up... D:

Misaki-chi
23rd March 2008, 1:25 AM
works for me now, Random_Shinx.

ETA: OH HEY JAMES!

ront
28th April 2008, 9:57 PM
how do you pm someone on chat room, i know you can double click their name, but whats the other way, when you type something like /nick or something

PLANES CURE TOWERS
28th April 2008, 10:02 PM
/query -nickgoeshere-

TJourney
16th July 2008, 5:18 AM
the download link is not working for me =[ ;393;

Katya Ivanova
24th August 2008, 10:32 PM
oh man the download link isn't valid that's bogus o/

Juice_Springsteen
7th September 2008, 6:56 PM
this link isn't working for me either

CharizardBlastoise
7th September 2008, 7:30 PM
When I Click The Link It Comes Up

The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

1. You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.

2. The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.

3. The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.

Harkett
7th September 2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah... link is not valid...

404! 404! 404!