PDA

View Full Version : Death Note club

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Pikawho?
29th February 2008, 2:36 AM
I didn't see any thread like this so I took the initiative and made my own. :D

Anyways, this club(if you haven't noticed...) is where Death Note fans/lovers/L-fanatics/nerds/Lemurs can talk about the show, it's characters, and it's elements. That's about it, really. XP

Rules:

To join Just post saying you want in. Anyone can join. There aren't any "special" requirements. I just ask that the person who wants to be a member has at least read the first volume of the manga and/or watched the first episode and/or will be starting the series soon.

If you don't like Death Note, please don't post a bunch of crap to flame the show. I'll see to your doom. *whips out Death Note and waves it in offender's face*

No flaming members(or if you are a member, other members). This is
supposed to be a place where we can discuss the show and have a great time. Flaming other people will ruin the fun.(and break my heart. ;-;

The last episode of the English has aired! As far as spoilers go, it's safe to talk about anything in the anime without putting them in tags. So yeah, have fun. :D

All other SPPF rules apply.

That's about it for now. I'll make up more rules as we go.(wherever I see fit.) These are basically the guidelines.

Owner: Pikawho?(obviously I have pride issues for refering to myself in the 3rd person. 8D)

Co-owner(s): Mimori Kiryu; VampirateMace

Member List:
Alchemeng
Buraddo_Aipom
Ikito
Stephy
Zabi
Mew-the original
Soppa
Kamek445
Xorn
Riversong
honey_clover112
//mix\\
Darkness sage
[Aceaussie]
Cpt. Ampharos
Pollutionoflife
Fredfredburger
Mello
Alumina
Redblood012
Dr.Stiles
Khamul
Keeblayd
Phoenix Fire
Demented Kirlia
Spongeaud
Chibi Pika
Dragonite14
Gtab x3
ShinyRay5

Banning rules: three warnings and you are banned for a week. If a second offense happens after this, it gets doubled. The third time this happens, you will be booted out of the club, never to return. >D

Banned peoples: None.(unfortunately....)

Banners:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/bleedingcowz/Light.png

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/bleedingcowz/L.png

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_In.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_MelloNear.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_L.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_Ryuk_02.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_Ani_comp_02.gif

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_Ani_comp_01.gif

Opening topic: What got you into Death Note?(or made you watch it/read the manga?)

^^Please answer that when you join.

Alchemeng
3rd March 2008, 4:50 AM
may I join? Maybe co-own?

Pikawho?
3rd March 2008, 4:53 AM
Yeah, you can join. I don't know about co-own. Let's see who else joins. Answer the current topic while your at it. XP

Opening topic: What got you into Death Note?(or made you watch it/read the manga?)

I had recently been watching many different anime.(when i finally learned that the eps were online) So I decided to watch it because I had heard alot of good stuff about it. XP

So yeah....Your reasons can be this bland. XP

Alchemeng
4th March 2008, 5:27 AM
I was at a bleach forum and found a link to someones sig. It lead to a death note download website and I got hooked since then.

Walcott
4th March 2008, 12:26 PM
I will join! I love Death Note(even though I've only seen one episode). Anyways, for the topic:

What got you into Death Note?(or made you watch it/read the manga?)
My friend that I really like(and she knows it) was talking about how awsome it was, so I watched an episode to see for myself. I LOVE IT!! L is probably my favorite character.

If you don't choose Alchemeng for Co-Owner than I would gladly accept. I don't care who you choose, but I still love this club.

Pikawho?
5th March 2008, 1:09 AM
^Same spheal goes for you, no co-owners until I see someone mature enough for it. XP It's not that I have anything against you guys, I just don't want to give out co-owner positions to the first to join. You are a member, though. XP

New Topic: Who are your favorite characters and why?

L, Near, Light, Misa, Matsuda, Ryuk. I love all the characters, but these were my favs. Near is probably my best favorite.

Near because he's freaking brilliant for a kid(even though he plays with toys and his hair) I'm interested to see how they voice him in the English dub.

BTW, feel free to make topics. XP

Pikawho?
5th March 2008, 2:45 AM
^I never said that you weren't mature. I'd rather wait and see how things unfold before I grant the co-owner spot to anyone. So yeah...XP

L is awesome. I like how he comes up with conclusions using logic.

Walcott
5th March 2008, 3:04 AM
He really is. I wish my hair was like his. I hate my hair a whole lot.

Pikawho?
6th March 2008, 1:53 AM
^Do you know anyone who could make a banner for this club? I think that cool banners would help advertise this club more...

Walcott
6th March 2008, 1:56 AM
I'm sorry, but I do not know anyone. Azure Wolf made mine. I've tried to make baners for my clubs, but tey always turn out feakishly huge. >_<

Alchemeng
6th March 2008, 2:34 AM
I agree with buraddo L is my favorite. He's a very unique character. I love the way he holds the phone plus we're eating most of the time.

Hey pikawho I can not become the co-owner because I know for a fact I'm not on much I just said it to bump the club.

Pikawho?
6th March 2008, 5:41 AM
Bumping is good, as long as it's not spam. 8D

I have friends in high places who can make banners so don't exhaust yourselves attacking people for them. XP

New Topic: Did you see the series via anime or Manga or both? If both, which do you prefer?

I watched the entire series via anime. It's much easier to access than the manga. The manga is still good, though.

Ikito
8th March 2008, 2:07 PM
Can I join? I think a member named Stephy will join soon [L fangirl]

well yeah, my favourite character is L btw.. so yeah. Can Ikito Join?

Stephy
8th March 2008, 2:33 PM
OMG L IS SO HAWT!!1 screams like a mad fangirl I MUST JOIN TO GET CLOSER TO L!!!!!11111

SHOTSHOTSHOTSHOT.

POKES

HELLOOOOO.

My name is Stephy, Steffi, Salt, STFUFI, or whatever name you can come up with with your wacky brain of yours.

I'm an L FANGIRL beware of fangirlism D: and love L.

ALLOOOTTTTT.

: D

Who are your favorite characters and why?

MISAAAAAAAA. And L, obviously.

Misa because I know she has this secret plan of hers to lure everybody into thinking she's dumb then she can take over the world. MUWHAHAHAHAHA. But I really like her cause she's so pretty <3 And ... so innocent, so cute.

L because he's just that sexy. : D SPEAKING ABOUT HIM, I SHALL SHARE A LINK THAT RAGGEH SHARED WITH ME.

Click me : O (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRs8dMZpIAI)

<3

Did you see the series via anime or Manga or both? If both, which do you prefer?

Well, a few friends introduced me to Death Note anime, and ... I fell in love with it. :x It's so cool how you can instantly kill people with just writing a name in that weird black book, and it's fun to watch the two Light&L compete with each other with their smart brains. : D Then i went to buy the movies, Death Note and Death Note II (The Last Name). I haven't read the Manga, but I'm planning to buy it. :]

Walcott
8th March 2008, 2:45 PM
Did you see the series via anime or Manga or both? If both, which do you prefer?
Only the anime^_^

@Stephy+Ikito: I'm guessing Ikito is pshycic? or two accounts maybe? either way I'm sure you guys will be in! :]

Ikito
8th March 2008, 2:48 PM
Only the anime^_^

@Stephy+Ikito: I'm guessing Ikito is pshycic? or two accounts maybe? either way I'm sure you guys will be in! :]

Stephy and I are twins and we have msn and she was too shy to join on her own. *shot* JK

and If I can answer the topic

Anime.

Pikawho?
8th March 2008, 8:01 PM
Yes, you both can join. Welcome. XP

Anyone have any ideas for another topic? I'll think of some....

Mimori Kiryu
8th March 2008, 8:33 PM
Omgosh, a Death Note club! Sign me up! ^__________^

What got you into Death Note? (or made you watch it/read the manga?)

You know, now that I think about it I don't really remember. I think I was browsing a Books A Million manga section near where I live. I was looking for a new series and I saw the first one. Light (even though I didn't know his name then.) was attractive to me (yeah. XD don't ask) and then I saw Ryuk and I knew he was a Shinigami (just from the design). I read the back cover and bought it. The rest is history.

L, Light, Matsuda and Mello.

...yeah.

As I said in the first question, the manga was the one I saw first. I own all of it (including #13) and I watched the last episode of the anime. I'm currently watching the English version of the anime and its pretty good. 8D I love both the anime and manga - I can't choose Dx

I think I have a topic...

Did you think that Light had the right intentions to cleanse the world?

I honestly think so. I just think he took it too far. D:

Zabi
8th March 2008, 8:53 PM
=O Death Note Club! *wants to join*

Hearing it was going to air on Adult Swim made me curious as to what it was. I bought the first manga and have been addicted ever since. =D

Matsuda, as he is funny. L, as he is L, no one cannot dislike him!

I like both. Its hard to dislike either of them. I guess the manga I prefer as I read it first. The anime is a very close second though.

Yes, if anyone had that power, I think everyone would try to do it.

I have a topic:

Do any of you have the Death Note Novel: Death Note: Another Note the BB Murder Cases?

I do, and I loved it. The ending was really good!

Mimori Kiryu
9th March 2008, 3:45 AM
I have a topic:

Do any of you have the Death Note Novel: Death Note: Another Note the BB Murder Cases?

I do, and I loved it. The ending was really good!I can't find it anywhere. D: I really, really wanna read it! ;_____________;

Zabi
9th March 2008, 3:50 AM
I can't find it anywhere. D: I really, really wanna read it! ;_____________;

I got lucky, one copy left at my Barns and Noble. I was so happy. It will show up. The lady at the Borders I go to said most people don't put stuff out for a bit. So maybe your stores have it, but not on shelves? When you find it though, you will love it. ^^

Mimori Kiryu
9th March 2008, 6:53 AM
I got lucky, one copy left at my Barns and Noble. I was so happy. It will show up. The lady at the Borders I go to said most people don't put stuff out for a bit. So maybe your stores have it, but not on shelves? When you find it though, you will love it. ^^I hope so. I spotted Death Note 13: How To Read and it wasn't anywhere near it, like I thought it would be. The people working at Books-A-Million say the same thing to me all the time too. D:

...I can't wait. I need something more with L in it. ;___;

Pikawho?
9th March 2008, 8:33 PM

As I said in the first question, the manga was the one I saw first. I own all of it (including #13) and I watched the last episode of the anime. I'm currently watching the English version of the anime and its pretty good. 8D I love both the anime and manga - I can't choose Dx

Welcome!

Is the 13th volume out in English or do you have the Japanese?

Yes. I really like that he didn't use the Death Note to benefit him.(although he kinda did...but you know what I mean...I think....) But yeah, he got out of hand in the end and became the thing he was trying to destroy.

Do any of you have the Death Note Novel: Death Note: Another Note the BB Murder Cases

Never heard of it. Link please? 8D

Mimori Kiryu
9th March 2008, 8:46 PM
I don't have a link for the novel but here's a summary from Wiki.

Novel

A novel adaption of the series has been written by Nisio Isin, called Death Note Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases. It serves as a prequel to the manga series, with Mello narrating the story of L's first encounter with Naomi Misora during the Los Angeles "BB Serial Murder Case" mentioned in volume 2 of the manga. Beside Naomi's character, the novel focuses on how L works. Insight was given into Watari's orphanage (named "Wammy's House") and how the whole system of geniuses such as L, Mello, and Near were put to work. Viz released the novel in English on February 19, 2008, however many retailers began selling the books as early as February 7, 2008.I really wanna read it. :D

And the 13th volume is out in English. It came out the same time as the novel. ;D I also agree with your answer to my topic. He did become the thing he wanted to destroy - which is ironic. I have another topic, if anyone's interested. It's a spoiler topic though.

Do you think the anime/manga took a fall after L was killed off?

Honestly, I thought so. ;___; I love L to death and the series took a really bad turn after that. I like Mello, but Near is so annoying and an L-wannabe. Dx

Pikawho?
9th March 2008, 11:59 PM

Kinda...It wasn't that big of a let down, to me, but it did kinda slow down a bit. Near is freaking awesome! Leave him alone! >(

XP

I'll see if the library has the manga and/or the novel then. Otherwise, I'll see if I can go to borders at some point. 8D

Mimori Kiryu
10th March 2008, 2:37 AM

Kinda...It wasn't that big of a let down, to me, but it did kinda slow down a bit. Near is freaking awesome! Leave him alone! >(

XPIt's not that I hate Near - he's cool. I just wish he was a little more different than L. He acts just like a clone in a lot of ways except he doesn't like sweets all that much like L did. :/ That's my only problem with him. Not to mention, except for the clothing, his mannerisms are similar too. That's the only thing I don't like.

I'll see if the library has the manga and/or the novel then. Otherwise, I'll see if I can go to borders at some point. 8DI've gotta go to Books-A-Million soon and ask 'em about it. I really wanna read that novel. Dx

Alchemeng
10th March 2008, 3:14 AM
Welcome!

Is the 13th volume out in English or do you have the Japanese?

Yes. I really like that he didn't use the Death Note to benefit him.(although he kinda did...but you know what I mean...I think....) But yeah, he got out of hand in the end and became the thing he was trying to destroy.

I know what you mean. This was the only question I could answer as I am afraid to open the spoilers.

His intentions are right but I also think its contradictory to cleanse the world by shedding blood. But there is really no other way to do it, I guess I mean you can't just make terrible people disappear.

mew-the original
10th March 2008, 4:31 AM
I would like to join the Death Note Club please. =)

Pikawho?
10th March 2008, 4:39 AM
^You can join. Answer any of the current topics! Also, I'd like you to answer the one in the first post as well. This is somewhat mandatory. XP

Mimori Kiryu
10th March 2008, 7:29 PM
I know what you mean. This was the only question I could answer as I am afraid to open the spoilers.

His intentions are right but I also think its contradictory to cleanse the world by shedding blood. But there is really no other way to do it, I guess I mean you can't just make terrible people disappear.The spoilers are mainly for those watching the English dub and the one we were discussing is a big one so watch out. Dx

And I agree with you. It is true that cleansing the world by shedding blood is contraditory, but isn't it what we've (by we I mean humans) done since the beginning of time? You know, fighting wars to end fighting? And yeah, there really is no other way to get rid of them. As Light said, the more criminals see that someone is raining justice down on them, the more they won't do bad crimes. It's like that old saying, "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." XD I guess I'm going to deep into this.

And, before I forget, welcome to mew-the original. :D

Pikawho?
11th March 2008, 11:35 PM
New Topic: Who do you think that series could have done without?

I'll give this some thought. To be honest, all the characters contributed stuff to the plot.

I just decided to make a topic for the heck of it. XP

Walcott
11th March 2008, 11:57 PM
Who do you think the series could have done without?

I honestly agree 100% with Pikawho?. That answer is prolly the same for everyone.

Hey have any Co-Owners been chosen yet?

Pikawho?
12th March 2008, 2:21 AM
^Not yet, but by Thursday night, one person will be appointed.(since I need someone to maintain saneness while I'm gone next week. XP) So yeah...XP *has good idea who to appoint*

Back to my topic: Even the little characters(like that guy who ran to the TV station and was killed instantly by Misa) did something. If he hadn't been killed, L might've allowed Aizawa to run off. But meh...I'll think of anyone else, but for the most part, it seems that everyone was useful.

Walcott
12th March 2008, 2:33 AM
I don't even know who he is at all, but that's because I've only seen the past three episodes. Hope that doesn't effectmy chance in becoming a Co-Owner. Can I make a new topic? If so:

What is your aspect on this show?(other than loving it)Do you think it' interesting, scary, etc.?
I will answer if I'm allowed to create this topic.

**Can you give us a hint about who you might choose for a Co-Owner?

Pikawho?
12th March 2008, 4:47 AM
I believe that the rules say that anyone can make a topic....Otherwise I'll add that. XP

What is your aspect on this show?(other than loving it)Do you think it' interesting, scary, etc.?

I think it's interesting and really awesome. Some parts of it(like episode one) are really dark and I don't necesarrily enjoy that part of the show. I love it because it's very smart and the plot was made so well.

Hint? Someone who hasn't asked/pestered me about it. >)

Mimori Kiryu
12th March 2008, 6:14 AM
Who do you think that series could have done without?

Honestly, I think it needs everyone to work. It wouldn't be Death Note if someone was missing. ^^;

I think its amazing - in story plot and in the way the story was actually presented. It twisted around the human ways we believe into a version which suited our future beliefs. What I mean is how Light's pure ambition turned into evil ambition with hardly any effort - just like the real world, you know? ^^ That's just how I see it. And I think its so amazing the work that Ohba-sensei and Obata-sensei put together. <3

mew-the original
12th March 2008, 7:35 AM
Well, when I first heard that it was going to replace Bleach on Adult Swim I figured I'd watch the anime in Japanese. I've finished the anime and absolutely loved it.

I didn't think the one Shinigami who was with Mello for a short while (His name escapes me) was all that important.

A bit.

I thought the plot was very well set up and the art was amazing, though I think they might have made the characters a bit too smart. ha ha.

Walcott
12th March 2008, 12:30 PM
Hint? Someone who hasn't asked/pestered me about it. >)

Oh, I'm sorry. I was only asking and didn't know that you were annoyed. I never meant to get so caught up in this. I just saw that the club was growing and that you weren't always online, so I wanted you to choose a Co-Owner to handle everything. That is all. I'm sorry.

Pikawho?
12th March 2008, 5:00 PM
What I enjoyed about the series, was that in the middle of the episode(at the end of the chapters in the Manga) it showed you the rules. I thought that that was neat, but it was even cooler that some of those rules weren't even used. So it really shows you how serious the authors were about the series. XP

And yeah, the co-owner has been decided. I'll contact them shortly and make the announcement soon.

Mimori Kiryu
12th March 2008, 5:33 PM
I didn't think the one Shinigami who was with Mello for a short while (His name escapes me) was all that important.Well, Sidoh is important because while he doesn't seem to do alot, its also because of him that Soichiro (Light's father) was killed. D: So...yeah, that's important. XD

Pikawho?
12th March 2008, 5:50 PM
^What she said. XP

Anyways, Mimori Kiryu is the new co-owner. So she'll be in charge while I'm gone next week. So yeah...Congrats. XP

New Topic: What are your opinions about the Yotsuba arc?

The English dub is currently in this arc so spoiler what you need to. XP

I thought that things started to get really slow as it went through.(mostly because Light lost his memories of the Death Note and has no desire to kill L. ;-;

I loved it when Light got his memories back. I wasn't expecting him to get them back so it kinda took me by surprise. XP But yeah...

Mimori Kiryu
12th March 2008, 6:03 PM
^Thanks. :D I'm glad I was chosen. ^^

What are your opinions about the Yotsuba arc?

I actually enjoy this arc a lot. Reasons being that I love innocent Light. I truly think that he wouldn't have become crazy had he not realized what he could've gotten away with when it came to the Death Note. I also love the love/hate relationship between Light and L. If things had been different, the two of them could've become the best crime fighting twosome ever, you know? I just enjoy that aspect. (I do agree with you though, Pikawho, that it does go slow for the most part. D: But it just makes the innocent Light last longer for me. <3) However...

I knew things wouldn't stay that way. I was reading the manga so, I had a suspicion that Light had a plan to kill L either without his memories or he'd some how get them back. Never did I realize the plans he had in store. It was pretty amazing; Light is much smarter than L but I think L is more...I guess, deceptive, for lack of a better term. When Light finally did kill L, I was honestly surprised. I had to reread the chapter over and over again to make sure it was real. D: I didn't want it to be true, naturally, because I really loved L. ;_; But I realized then that in the real world, evil sometimes wins and you've just gotta deal. It sucks though. xP

Zabi
12th March 2008, 8:54 PM
Congrats Mimori!

What are your thoughts on the Yotsuba Arc?

I really enjoyed this arc. In the begining, I thought, "Damn, so much writing and it looks boring." But, actually, I think I enjoyed this one the most. A lot of twists, and a lot of shocking moments.

I was shocked when Rem approached Misa and when Light got his memories back. When he lost them, I thought, "How in the living hell will he get them back?" and now that he got them back, I was real upset, cause then L....died. But yes, I really enjoyed this arc.

Mimori Kiryu
12th March 2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks, Zabi. ^^ And I agree with you. There was a lot of writing on the manga pages. Dx I was so tired of reading after awhile and I had to reread a couple of pages, but it was definitely worth it. XD

I was really upset that L died too. ;___; I mean, I did understand and get over it, but the series kinda took a downhill from that. Mello was original, yes (CHOCOLATE!) but Near seemed too much like L except for he traded sweets for toys...

Walcott
12th March 2008, 11:56 PM
Congrats on the Co-Owner descision! Good luck!

Umm... what is that(lol) I'm not kidding though.

Mimori Kiryu
13th March 2008, 12:13 AM
Congrats on the Co-Owner descision! Good luck!

Umm... what is that(lol) I'm not kidding though.Thanks. ^^

And the Yotsuba arc is the arc in which Light loses his memories and he, L and the other members of the SPK, (Special Protection Kira or the division which searches for Kira.), search for Kira through the company Yotsuba. :D Hope that helps.

It's where the English dub is now.

Pikawho?
13th March 2008, 1:02 AM
Yeah, the English dub started it at the end of episode 17. Episode 19 was the last one. Season two will then start with the next ep. 8D

Zabi
13th March 2008, 2:03 AM
I was really upset that L died too. ;___; I mean, I did understand and get over it, but the series kinda took a downhill from that. Mello was original, yes (CHOCOLATE!) but Near seemed too much like L except for he traded sweets for toys...

Yeah. The Mello and Near arc didn't get good till the very end. Takada was just....boring. She was dull to me. When she killed Mello, I was upset. Because, Mello was...awesome. The final chapter made me pleased, yet I was :o when I first read it. Light friggin died! I was shocked, yet happy, due to him killing L. >D I am so ebul.

Has anyone seen this vid? I think its funny as hell. http://youtube.com/watch?v=SPlpnq3o46w

Pikawho?
14th March 2008, 1:36 AM
Here's a question to those who've finished the manga: Is Rem a guy in the manga? I've read volume 4 and Light keeps refering to Rem as a he....

Mimori Kiryu
14th March 2008, 4:48 AM
Yeah. The Mello and Near arc didn't get good till the very end. Takada was just....boring. She was dull to me. When she killed Mello, I was upset. Because, Mello was...awesome. The final chapter made me pleased, yet I was :o when I first read it. Light friggin died! I was shocked, yet happy, due to him killing L. >D I am so ebul.

Has anyone seen this vid? I think its funny as hell. http://youtube.com/watch?v=SPlpnq3o46wI hated Takada from the beginning because she was yet another love blind woman who fell for Light's every trick. When she killed Mello, I was sooooooo pissed off. SO PISSED OFF. I threw my manga across my room and growled at it. <<;

Here's a question to those who've finished the manga: Is Rem a guy in the manga? I've read volume 4 and Light keeps refering to Rem as a he....In the manga, Shinigami have no genders. She takes the appearance of a female, but according to Death Note: How to Read 13, Shinigami don't have genders. I guess it was changed in the anime. Dx I'm not really sure. I never noticed the difference because I always saw Rem as a female and Ryuk and Sidoh as males. D:

Pikawho?
14th March 2008, 4:58 AM
^I still need to read the 13th...;-; But ok. I always thought of them that way too. I never knew that they had no genders. XP

Mimori Kiryu
14th March 2008, 5:11 AM
^I still need to read the 13th...;-; But ok. I always thought of them that way too. I never knew that they had no genders. XPI knew they had no genders, but I never really paid attention to the fact that they needed genders. XD I mean, it didn't ever really mean anything to the plot because that wasn't the reason for the plot.

I think I have another topic.

Which side would you be on? Kira or the SPK?

This is assuming you didn't know anything about the series, characters or whatever. You're a normal civilian taking a side in this.

In all honesty, I would probably cheer on Kira if I didn't know any better, since he had the right idea in the first place. It kinda annoys me that I think this way, but I would anyway. I know I would. What about you all?

Pikawho?
14th March 2008, 3:19 PM
New Topic: Which side would you be on? Kira or the SPK?

Probably Kira's, as well. I think that he was kinda doing the right thing. and if I were just an average citizen, I'd probably be rooting for him. XP Crappy reasons, but meh. XP However, if I knew that he was somewhat evil then maybe not as much, but still. When I watched the anime, I rooted for Light just because he was the main character. XP

Mimori Kiryu
14th March 2008, 7:43 PM
New Topic: Which side would you be on? Kira or the SPK?

Probably Kira's, as well. I think that he was kinda doing the right thing. and if I were just an average citizen, I'd probably be rooting for him. XP Crappy reasons, but meh. XP However, if I knew that he was somewhat evil then maybe not as much, but still. When I watched the anime, I rooted for Light just because he was the main character. XPI found it hard to choose a side to root for. Light was the main character, yes, but I easily realized that what he was doing was evil/dark and what L was doing was good/light (<~ha, ha. pun intended) and he was the second protagonist, but I just couldn't pick sides. XD I just watched it and enjoyed it.

Pikawho?
14th March 2008, 8:08 PM
Yeah, near(punny joke. XP) the end I started rooting against Light since he was becoming more evil. But meh. I think that the creator did a good job making it hard for the viewer to choose a side.

Zabi
14th March 2008, 9:22 PM
I hated Takada from the beginning because she was yet another love blind woman who fell for Light's every trick. When she killed Mello, I was sooooooo pissed off. SO PISSED OFF. I threw my manga across my room and growled at it. <<;

I am glad Light made her die, after Mello died. I mean, Takada ****** me off so much, it wasn't funny. She was a sl*t who wanted power. God, I wish they never showed her in the first place, or why did they bring her back to be Light's assistant? They coulda brought a brand new character who is cooler than Takada.

Mimori Kiryu
16th March 2008, 5:53 PM
Yeah, near(punny joke. XP) the end I started rooting against Light since he was becoming more evil. But meh. I think that the creator did a good job making it hard for the viewer to choose a side.I think that was the point of Ohba-sensei and Obata-sensei. They wanted the viewers to have their own opinion about who was evil and who was good - and I tell ya, they made it pretty freaking hard considering near the end, I didn't like what Light was standing for anymore, but I didn't like Near either. >_<; I was kinda like Matsuda, if you want to get down to the grit.

I am glad Light made her die, after Mello died. I mean, Takada ****** me off so much, it wasn't funny. She was a sl*t who wanted power. God, I wish they never showed her in the first place, or why did they bring her back to be Light's assistant? They coulda brought a brand new character who is cooler than Takada. Well, I understand why they brought her back. She was easily manipulated into doing anything by Light - he needed a person like that who was smarter than Misa, but was still obsessed with love for him. Takada fit the bill so easily. And I know why they didn't bring a new character because they would've been just as easily manipulated because that's how Light was unfortunately. He could do it to everyone - which includes Mikami too. But yeah, if Takada wasn't there, I'd probably like the series more because Mello would've lived and to be honest, he was probably my favorite character. <3 ;___;

Pikawho?
24th March 2008, 1:15 AM
Nobody posted while I was gone? ;-;

New Topic: Have you convinced any friends to watch it? If so, how?

Yes. My friends that I know have the time to watch it(read the manga) I've asked to watch it. I basically told them that it was really good and that the many plot-twists make it exciting.

Pretty crappy topic, but it'll do for now.

Mimori Kiryu
25th March 2008, 5:50 AM
The forums were down a lot while you were gone actually, and I couldn't double post. ^^; Sorry.

Have you convinced any friends to watch it? If so, how?

I mention it to my best friend and she started watching it when it premiered on [adult swim]. She's now a big, big, BIG L fan. XD He's her #1 favorite character in anime period. ;D Some of my other friends started watching it since they had seen me read the manga and of course, they've all begun fangirling over it. XD It's not too difficult to fangirl over. haha. ^^

Pikawho?
26th March 2008, 12:40 AM
Today, it was hilarious because my friend and I convinced his mom to watch it. I don't know when she will, but she seemed interested. However, I'm not sure how far she'll get since she's against dark stuff.(she hates Harry Potter with a passion) So yeah.

And that's fine.

Mimori Kiryu
26th March 2008, 3:18 AM
Death Note isn't necessarily 'dark', in my opinion. It's more psychological and detective than dark. That's just my opinion so you don't have to take it seriously, but that's how I see it.

Zabi
26th March 2008, 3:27 AM

Funny you should ask this. I got my dad to watch it. When I asked him to drive me to the bookstore so I could buy the first volume of Death Note, in the car, he asked me what it was about. I told him, and he seemed interested, and said he would watch it when it aired on adultswim. (was a few days before) He liked the first episode, then suddenly stopped watching it. Ah well, he liked it, but then stopped. He seemed interested in Bleach, too. xD

Pikawho?
26th March 2008, 4:12 AM
Death Note isn't necessarily 'dark', in my opinion. It's more psychological and detective than dark. That's just my opinion so you don't have to take it seriously, but that's how I see it.

I know, but the first episode is and it kinda is at parts later. But yeah. She said that she doesn't like things(or shows) that "praise" evilness. I know that it isn't completely dark, but I'm not sure what she thinks. We told her that the first ep would be the darkest, so she's ready.

Soppa
26th March 2008, 4:47 AM
May I join the club? :)

Here are my answers to some of the topics:

What got you into Death Note?
My brothers D: They were downloading a subbed version of the anime and then decided to share it with me..... and I loved it :3

Light, L and Matsuda

Light because I like how he deals with (almost) every situation that might make others think that he´s Kira and I love his "evil laugh".
L because he is smart, wierd, and he sits like me when I´m using my computer.
Matsuda because... err..... he is Matsuda!!

And also Mikami because he becomes insane after getting the Death Note and he uses glasses 8D

Anime; I´ve only read 2 manga chapters.

Unfortunaly, no. Here where I live the chance of getting it is extremely low (unless there´s an anime convention).

Which side would you be on? Kira or the SPK?
As many have already said, I think I would also support Kira; even if killing people was wrong or not, the idea of a world without criminals would make me choose his side.

Yes, I conviced my best friend to watch it after telling her what was it about, and she became a L fangirl o_O;
She randomly says in our conversations: Why did L died? :(
I told a guy at my classroom about the anime, but I don´t know if he actually got into it.

Pikawho?
26th March 2008, 7:06 PM
^Yeah, you can join. Thanks for answering so many topics. XP

kamek445
7th April 2008, 1:03 AM
i want to join the death note club

Pikawho?
7th April 2008, 1:23 AM
Consider yourself in.

Anyone have any topics? I had one earlier but I'll need to remember it. XP

Xorn
8th April 2008, 10:39 AM
I would like to join the Death Note club please. Im a big fan of death note and i even have a replica of Light's death note hehe. I first got to know about death note thru the movies and i was hooked from then on and bought the whole set of its manga to get to know the whole story. I don't really have a favourite character though, i like all of the main characters.

Pikawho?
8th April 2008, 9:36 PM
Yeah, you can join. Welcome. Reply to any of the current topics. ;P

Zabi
8th April 2008, 10:00 PM
*happy* I finally got Death Note How to Read 13. I only need Death Note Volume 11 to have all the Death Note books. I can never seem to find 11. >/

Sharingan
8th April 2008, 10:23 PM
May I Join .... im a fan of death note

Zabi
8th April 2008, 10:52 PM
Welcome Sharingan! =D

Some topics are floating around, so you can answer those.

Pikawho?
9th April 2008, 12:25 AM
Yeah, you can join.

I really want to read volume 13...I'll probably get it sometime in the future....

Zabi
9th April 2008, 1:28 AM
Its always online, aswell, Pikawho.

New topic: Is Death Note your favorite manga/anime of all time?

Me, hard to say. I am addicted to so many things, its hard to say. Currently, it is. : D

Pikawho?
9th April 2008, 1:53 AM
Its always online, aswell, Pikawho.

Me, hard to say. I am addicted to so many things, its hard to say. Currently, it is. : D

Link me?(bypm since they might consider it advertising in a post...>_>) I don't know where the manga sites are....>_>

Yes. I've seen many different anime, and this is the only one that has made me want to watch the next episode even if I had to go to bed/get off the computer. The plot was so well made. So yeah, it's the best anime of all time. FMA comes close, but it's not as good or better than it.

Riversong
9th April 2008, 2:20 AM
I'd like to join please =)

I think it was on some drawing site, someone posted a link to an article talking about how this kid was suspended or expelled from school for writing people's names in a "death note". They went on to talk about the show, so I was curious and decided to watch the English sub episodes, and I got hooked xD

mew-the original
9th April 2008, 2:28 AM
Hey sorry for my inactivity. =)
What are your opinions about the Yotsuba arc?
Well it got me a bit side tract, but it was good.

Pikawho?
9th April 2008, 2:54 AM
I'd like to join please =)

I think it was on some drawing site, someone posted a link to an article talking about how this kid was suspended or expelled from school for writing people's names in a "death note". They went on to talk about the show, so I was curious and decided to watch the English sub episodes, and I got hooked xD

Consider yourself in. ;P BTW, feel free to make a new topic or reply to any of the topics already made.

I saw a similar news report. I'm not sure if it was the same one, but I thought that it was kinda funny.(and disturbing)

Sharingan
11th April 2008, 11:18 AM
Is Death Note your favorite manga/anime of all time?

well i stated watching it a few monthis ago so i can't tell if it my fav show

my friend got me watching it ...... so i been watching it since then

Pikawho?
12th April 2008, 2:48 AM
How far are you in the series?

Mimori Kiryu
13th April 2008, 4:40 PM
Sorry for the absence. x_x; Life caught up to me.

It is one of my favorites, no doubt. As for my favorite ever, no. Fullmetal Alchemist beats it by a long shot. XD Fullmetal is just more...deep in the sense of its character development and background stories. Death Note kinda just shoves you in for the ride. If that's what you like, hey, cool. But I'm one of those people that likes to stop and see the past for a little while. ^^;

Pikawho?
14th April 2008, 6:03 AM
Sorry for the absence. x_x; Life caught up to me.

It is one of my favorites, no doubt. As for my favorite ever, no. Fullmetal Alchemist beats it by a long shot. XD Fullmetal is just more...deep in the sense of its character development and background stories. Death Note kinda just shoves you in for the ride. If that's what you like, hey, cool. But I'm one of those people that likes to stop and see the past for a little while. ^^;

Whatever you say, but Death Note is better. It started off great and stayed awesome. FMA was decent when it started and slowly got better. But meh, if that's what you like, i won't try to force you to change your mind. XP

New Topic: If you randomely found a Death Note, how would you use it?

I'll answer this when I'm not as tired. XP Pretty straight forward topic. I won't judge you on how you answer. There isn't necessarilly a right or wrong answer. I'm just interested to see what you guys would do.

To be honest, I'd probably use it to wipe out the worst of criminals like Light, However, minor ones probably not. Mostly just those who either killed people or put others through extreme torture. But meh. I really don't know other than that. I wouldn't use it to kill people I hate. So yeah.......Just felt like saying that. XP

Mimori Kiryu
18th April 2008, 5:09 AM
If you randomly found a Death Note, how would you use it?

I'd probably test it like Light did and if it did work, I'd probably destroy it or turn it into the police. I couldn't be a person like Light and kill criminals. I guess I have too guilty of a conscious. :p

honey_clover112
18th April 2008, 8:04 AM
I am JOINING. 8D *wants to join 8D*

Oh man, I love, love, love Death Note.

L, Light, Mello, Matt and Near. XD

My friends liked it so...what the heck, anyway. XD Then I saw the episodes then I was all '@.@'

I'd test it somehow, but I can never use it like Light did.

;006;

mew-the original
18th April 2008, 8:33 AM
5th favorite actually.

Pikawho?
18th April 2008, 3:15 PM
I am JOINING. 8D *wants to join 8D*

Oh man, I love, love, love Death Note.

L, Light, Mello, Matt and Near. XD

My friends liked it so...what the heck, anyway. XD Then I saw the episodes then I was all '@.@'

I'd test it somehow, but I can never use it like Light did.

;006;

You be in. Welcome.

And I agree, Matt is an awesome character.(at least in the manga.)

Man, just watching the anime again in the English makes it seem so different. Alot of stuff happened that I don't remember happening. XD Episode 25 was really depressing....In the manga, it basically went through that pretty quickly. The anime kinda lengthened it out and made it all emo. Then they crushed everyone in the end.....Meh. I has issues...XD

Mimori Kiryu
19th April 2008, 12:38 AM
You be in. Welcome.

And I agree, Matt is an awesome character.(at least in the manga.)

Man, just watching the anime again in the English makes it seem so different. Alot of stuff happened that I don't remember happening. XD Episode 25 was really depressing....In the manga, it basically went through that pretty quickly. The anime kinda lengthened it out and made it all emo. Then they crushed everyone in the end.....Meh. I has issues...XDMy friend Lacey (the one I made an L fangirl) and I agree that episode 25 was made by a yaoi fan animator. XD; The scene in the rain was so random and pointless, but it made for a pretty cute interaction between L and Light. (If you couldn't sense the LOVE and RESPECT in that scene, you're crazy.) Not to mention, both of us think that L knew the whole time that Light was going to win. ;___; I ish sad.

And @honey_clover112, Matt rules! I love him so much even though he's hardly in the series at all. :D And welcome to the club! ^______^

I'm excited now though because the episodes with Mello and Near (*bleah*) are on the horizon and I can't wait! I love, love, LOVE Mello to bits. <333 Near, eh, not so much. >.<;

Pikawho?
19th April 2008, 2:59 AM
^I take it that you're watching the English as well? I like Near....;-; Even though he is a "clone"....

And yeah, the rain scene was kinda pointless, but you're right, you could see the love and respect in that moment.(I thought it was funny when L dried Light's feet. XD)

darkness_sage
25th April 2008, 5:18 PM
let me join and DEATH NOTE RULES

//Mix\\
25th April 2008, 7:32 PM
HAILO.

I'm in a club-joining mood.

AND DEATH NOTE IS THE SHIZNACK.

I'm in luff with Light. NONE CAN HAVE HIM. Excepting myself. x333;;;;

So cannae join?

If I found a Death Note type thing,

I'd like

BURN IT INTO A MILLION PIECES.

After killing Zac Efron. LOLZ JKZ. <3333

Butyeah.

L is my favorite character. Though Light is hot. :3 Tehe

I watch the English.

Up to like... Episode 26?

~Mix

Pikawho?
26th April 2008, 3:55 AM
Both of you are in. Thanks for joining. Answer any of the other topics now, I guess. XP I'll try to come up with another one at some point.

Mimori Kiryu
26th April 2008, 5:14 AM
^I take it that you're watching the English as well? I like Near....;-; Even though he is a "clone"....

And yeah, the rain scene was kinda pointless, but you're right, you could see the love and respect in that moment.(I thought it was funny when L dried Light's feet. XD)Yeah, definitely watching the English. I didn't watch the Japanese (except for the last episode to see how the anime was different) and I only read the manga. I don't like Near because of the fact he is a "clone". XD

L drying Light's feet is actually a biblical reference to when a woman washed and dried Jesus' feet. Can't remember what scripture its in though. And the rain scene was basically for an acknowledgement that L was going to lose. ;____;

[AceAussie]
26th April 2008, 6:49 AM
I'd want in please

JUMP! Ultimate Stars, I read the Manga first and have got the first two DVD volumes that came with Limited Edition Figures of Light and Ryuk.

Pikawho?
26th April 2008, 7:56 PM
Yeah, definitely watching the English. I didn't watch the Japanese (except for the last episode to see how the anime was different) and I only read the manga. I don't like Near because of the fact he is a "clone". XD

L drying Light's feet is actually a biblical reference to when a woman washed and dried Jesus' feet. Can't remember what scripture its in though. And the rain scene was basically for an acknowledgement that L was going to lose. ;____;

^^^Has that been proven?(like in some sort of commentary or whatever?) And yeah, that's kinda what I thought, but I think there's another time when Jesus washed his disciples feet.....

I love the L-clone.....;-; I liked the mangas ending better.(especially since it had the final chapter with that extra stuffs)

and welcome new person.

Mimori Kiryu
26th April 2008, 9:15 PM
^^^Has that been proven?(like in some sort of commentary or whatever?) And yeah, that's kinda what I thought, but I think there's another time when Jesus washed his disciples feet.....

I love the L-clone.....;-; I liked the mangas ending better.(especially since it had the final chapter with that extra stuffs)

and welcome new person.If it's not referencing to the Bible, then I want to know what it's referencing. XD I only realized it the other day when I watching it, so I don't know if it's 'official'.

L was an original character, an unusual person with funny quirks and an interesting taste in food. Creating Near who was just like him except for the food switched with toys thing really took away from L's originality. That's all. If Near was the only one and (if God forbid) L didn't exist, then Near probably wouldn't bother me so much.

And the manga's ending was a lot better. OH NOEZ, SPOILERS.

At least in the manga's ending, Light has to suffer by dying in front of everyone with an instantious death. In the anime, he gets to run away and die alone. NO FAIR. I WANT LIGHT TO SUFFER.

:<

Pikawho?
27th April 2008, 8:16 PM
Yeah, but he's still awesome....>_>

I agree with the spoilers.

New Topic: What did you think of Mello and Near's English voices?

I think they did a good job choosing Near's voice. Mello's voice is good, but it's not really what I expected.

Cpt. Ampharos
27th April 2008, 8:21 PM
I'd like to join.

Pikawho?
27th April 2008, 8:23 PM
Sure. Answer the opening topic and any others that you wish to answer.

CrystalSaurTower
30th April 2008, 12:41 AM
May I join? I totally love death note. My favorite character is Near (he cheats >.<), and unlike everybody in this club(:() I thought the anime ending was more powerful emotional wise compared to the epilouge of the manga.

What did you think of Mello and Near's English voices?

I thought they were either going to make Near's voice too whiny or too masculine, but they got it supridingly perfect for me. As far as sounding childish while still retaining awesomeness can be in English. Mello still has the deep voice from the original I can't get used to, probably cause I imagined him having this sort of high, anxious sounding voice instead when I saw his facial expressions in the magna.

Mimori I always thought it would be even more humiliating for Light since, unlike the manga, he didn't have this huge, elaborate death in front of everyone, and ended up pitiably dying on a stairwell. It all depends on how you look at it, though.

Pikawho?
30th April 2008, 6:07 AM
You can join. all add you to the member list when I get a chance....XP

I agree. Near's voice was perfect. Mello sounds more like a bully to me. But yeah, I think that his voice could've been better, but it's not horrible so you can't really complain. :/

How old is Near anyways? Do you ever find out? Is he like 12? O.O

Mimori Kiryu
30th April 2008, 6:34 AM
@CST: But dying in front of the people he thought he could so easily control is sooo much better in the humilating way, ya know?

New Topic: What did you think of Mello and Near's English voices?

Near's voice is good. Matches him. And omg, MELLO'S VOICE IS GOD. I'm so happy with it. <3333 And the guy voicing him is a brand new VA too. I think he's doing a great job. :D

@Pika: I'm not sure how old Near is...*checks Death Note: How to Read* If you go by this year (2008), he's seventeen. o_O His birthday is August 24th, 1991. He definitely doesn't look that old.

Pikawho?
30th April 2008, 5:50 PM
Mello's va is new? Cool. And yeah, he's doing pretty well.

17?! Crap...he's 9 days older than me....;-; I always thought he was 12......

Mimori Kiryu
30th April 2008, 6:38 PM
Mello's va is new? Cool. And yeah, he's doing pretty well.

17?! Crap...he's 9 days older than me....;-; I always thought he was 12......But of course he is. <3 He's voicing Mello, the best DN character eva. :D

Aww, that sucks. XD Guess they drew him too old looking. lol.

Pikawho?
30th April 2008, 9:30 PM
I don't know about best DN character ever.....>_>

What do you mean? I always thought that he was really young.....

L: Childish and hates to lose.
Mello: Not childish and hates to lose.
Near: Childish and never loses. 8D

CrystalSaurTower
30th April 2008, 10:08 PM
Mello: Not childish and hates to lose.

Weird,I always thought of Mello as childish because of his hair, and that eye-ball bulging thing he does when he gets angry XD.

Pikawho?
30th April 2008, 10:50 PM
>_> Quiet your mouth.... <_<

Bleh. I had a topic earlier but it left my head......>_<

Mimori Kiryu
30th April 2008, 10:55 PM
>_> Quiet your mouth.... <_<

Bleh. I had a topic earlier but it left my head......>_<Hahahahahahahaha. Mello ish childish which is why I love him so. <3

Aww, that sucks, Pika. D:

Mello's #1. *is shot*

Pikawho?
1st May 2008, 6:07 PM
Bleh.....the library is still taking forever with the manga.....I think they favor FMA since they have doubles of each volume.....>_>

Mimori Kiryu
1st May 2008, 8:33 PM
Bleh.....the library is still taking forever with the manga.....I think they favor FMA since they have doubles of each volume.....>_>I wish I had a library that had the Fullmetal Alchemist manga. ;_______; It'd be easier for me to read it then....

and Pikawho, if you want, I could give you a link for a manga site that lets you read them for free.

Pikawho?
2nd May 2008, 3:35 AM
Does it have the Death Note manga? XP I mean, it has all the extra stuff like "Anime profiles" and stuffs....All they have of Death Note is one of each volume.(two of the first) But meh....XP

Thanks for the offer, butpeople have already given me sites. XP I find it easier to just get the manga and read it on the couch instead of hogging the computer and pissing off my siblings. XP

mew-the original
2nd May 2008, 3:41 AM
What did you think of Mello and Near's English voices?
I've missed the past few episodes. Last one I saw in English was when Light got his memory back. ;_;

Mimori Kiryu
2nd May 2008, 4:18 AM
Does it have the Death Note manga? XP I mean, it has all the extra stuff like "Anime profiles" and stuffs....All they have of Death Note is one of each volume.(two of the first) But meh....XP

Thanks for the offer, butpeople have already given me sites. XP I find it easier to just get the manga and read it on the couch instead of hogging the computer and pissing off my siblings. XPNope - my library has no manga. D: I'm a sad person.

Aww, just piss off your siblings. This is Death Note were talking about here. XD

VampirateMace
2nd May 2008, 7:16 AM
Hello, I’d like to join… wow, so many topics to reply to…

I found the Death Note Manga via a preview in Shonen Jump. It was awesomeness, so I bought the first volume… my latest was volume 9… I watch the anime occasionally, but L’s a little more emo than I expected. I’m so looking forward to the English release of the movie.

L, & Ryuk, they’re just different. Same reason I was the only Invader Zim fan that liked Dib… I even bought the depressed smiley shirt at hot topic. Misa is really cute too, and not just by looks… especially in the anime.

Well, I usually only get to see it from the Manga, but I like the unique scenes in the anime.

… purge the world of evil, risk becoming the only evil, the only open evil… is evil right, can evil be right? If there is no good and Evil, can their be any right? Seriously, I’m not sure… the series makes you think, I like that…

(I’m assuming this one is safe without spoilers now)
I was worried that it would go down hill at first, but it really kept up it’s exciting pace. I was also kind of sad, I liked L. Near has the problem of being even more childish than L, and very autistic. I’m not sure L was supposed to be autistic, but I think Near is.

I like it the way it is, change it and it won’t be that same thing I liked…

It’s pretty high on my list…

If you randomely found a Death Note, how would you use it?
I want to finish the series before I answer that, there’s something bothering me on that…

Pikawho?
3rd May 2008, 7:05 PM
Two Death note mangas be in for me at the library! 8D (Volumes 2 and 11)

Welcome new person! Thanks for answering all the topics....XD (I'll get around to reading your answers when I'm not as busy)

VampirateMace
3rd May 2008, 7:18 PM
New person, that's a new one... so it's safe to assume that you don't know what I look like, so if you're Killa then I'm pretty safe...

Oh, Topic: Do you prefer Kira, the english translation which is also a real name, or the author's intended name Killa, as seen in the manga art? (Keep in mind, that in Japanese a sound somewhere between R and L is used, so words can be translated either way.)

It bothered me when I spotted that in the Manga...

Mimori Kiryu
3rd May 2008, 10:02 PM
New person, that's a new one... so it's safe to assume that you don't know what I look like, so if you're Killa then I'm pretty safe...

Oh, Topic: Do you prefer Kira, the english translation which is also a real name, or the author's intended name Killa, as seen in the manga art? (Keep in mind, that in Japanese a sound somewhere between R and L is used, so words can be translated either way.)

It bothered me when I spotted that in the Manga...Do you prefer Kira, the english translation which is also a real name, or the author's intended name Killa, as seen in the manga art? (Keep in mind, that in Japanese a sound somewhere between R and L is used, so words can be translated either way.)

Easily Kira. It makes more sense than Killa. It makes them sound like they're trying to be sarcastic or something. XD

But welcome to the club, Vampirate. :D Nice to see you here. ^^;

VampirateMace
4th May 2008, 12:22 AM
Do you prefer Kira, the english translation which is also a real name, or the author's intended name Killa, as seen in the manga art? (Keep in mind, that in Japanese a sound somewhere between R and L is used, so words can be translated either way.)

Easily Kira. It makes more sense than Killa. It makes them sound like they're trying to be sarcastic or something. XD

But welcome to the club, Vampirate. :D Nice to see you here. ^^;

Thanks... ;D

I think the reason Killa makes more sense to me is the comment Light makes, he say that he doesn't like how obviously it it derived from Killer, and Kira was an existing name before any of this happened. But since the official translation is Kira... I'll just have to accept it if I want to read or watch the story in English...

Pikawho?
4th May 2008, 1:34 AM
I always say new person" to people who just joined a club....>_>

Kira. Although it does make more sense having "killa" when Light talked about it being derived. But yeah, Kira is more awesome by a longshot. Calling him "killa" would've made the series worse ain a sense that it's being cute....I bet none of that made sense....

edit: Author's intent? I don't think so. I just remembered, you know when Misa made those tapes and sent them into Sakura TV? The name on the screen was clearly "KIRA". Just wanted to bring that up....>_>

Mimori Kiryu
5th May 2008, 6:58 AM
Yeah, it doesn't say anywhere in How To Read 13 about Ohba-sensei or Obata-sensei originally wanting 'Killa'. :/ I think they always intended Kira but because of the way r's are pronounced, the script might've said 'Killa' and the actors had to try to roll their r's. D: I don't really know.

And onto topic of the English dubbed, the episode Saturday was pretty interesting. The trade was drawn out well and it was very suspenseful (even if I'd seen it before). Mello's voice actor continues to impress me, as well as Near's. I honestly think that English actors/actresses are getting a lot better over time - they always continue to improve. It's really awesome. ;D I can't wait for the next episode next Saturday:

Of course, next week, I believe is the time that Light's dad dies. I'm really excited to see this just to see Brad Swaile's acting. He's been perfect for Light since the beginning, but I really want to see how much of a convincing acting job he did on this part of the series since Light could possibly be lying about crying for his father. I know and really believe that Brad could do a good job. ^^;

Pollutionoflife
5th May 2008, 7:06 AM
Awesome xD;;

Count me in C:

VampirateMace
5th May 2008, 7:25 AM
edit: Author's intent? I don't think so. I just remembered, you know when Misa made those tapes and sent them into Sakura TV? The name on the screen was clearly "KIRA". Just wanted to bring that up....>_>

Good logic, except those parts were changed during translation. (I am a comic artist) They caught it on the internet page and on the TV screens pages because when comics/manga becuase they were text, they take the original text-less art and add the translated words. It’s not that hard to edit fonts. But they missed it in the letters that Light ‘sends’ to L (via suicide notes), because they were part of the original image. Have a look for yourselves. (edit: Vol. 1; pages, 162, 164, & 169)

Yeah, it doesn't say anywhere in How To Read 13 about Ohba-sensei or Obata-sensei originally wanting 'Killa'. :/ I think they always intended Kira but because of the way r's are pronounced, the script might've said 'Killa' and the actors had to try to roll their r's. D: I don't really know. [/spoiler]

I haven’t read 13, but I supposed assuming that it was his intent was a little excessive. He could merely have liked that way two Ls looked better, or in fact not known there to be a difference. Still it was Killa...

...checkmate

(Mimori Kiryu: I loved the new episode too, expecially the last line of voice dub at the end, I had to rewind and listen it it again.)

Pikawho?
5th May 2008, 6:55 PM
Thanks for the input, but even in the Japanese eps of the anime it was that way. But yeah, I do understand what you're saying about the editting, however, this is not the case here. >_> <_< Checkmate.

Mimori Kiryu
5th May 2008, 10:37 PM
I haven’t read 13, but I supposed assuming that it was his intent was a little excessive. He could merely have liked that way two Ls looked better, or in fact not known there to be a difference. Still it was Killa...

...checkmate

(Mimori Kiryu: I loved the new episode too, expecially the last line of voice dub at the end, I had to rewind and listen it it again.)I've still never heard of Killa ever being used. =/ Ever. You mentioning it was the first time I'd ever heard it. But oh well, nothing worth arguing over really.

(I did as well. ;D)

VampirateMace
6th May 2008, 5:45 AM
Thanks for the input, but even in the Japanese eps of the anime it was that way. But yeah, I do understand what you're saying about the editting, however, this is not the case here. >_> <_< Checkmate.

Did you even look at the manga pages I gave? I'm talking orginally... Checkmate

I've still never heard of Killa ever being used. =/ Ever. You mentioning it was the first time I'd ever heard it. But oh well, nothing worth arguing over really.

(I did as well. ;D)

Were you arguing? I though we were discussing... if it bothers you we can drop it... meh...

Pikawho?
7th May 2008, 4:32 AM
Noez. Post the link to the manga pages and maybe I'll believe you. ;D I never saw this as an argument.....>_> What does your manga have for Misa's tapes? Does it have "Killa" as well?

My mom finally picked up mangas 6 and 11 from the library today. I be happy. <)

Pollutionoflife
7th May 2008, 4:38 AM
I've never read the manga x.x;;
I want to buy it so bad.

Mimori Kiryu
7th May 2008, 4:47 AM
POL: You should totally read the manga. It's awesome and amazing. <3 (Imo, it's better than the anime.)

And Vampirate, we were disagreeing and I still don't agree with you unless you have undeniable proof. Internet scantalations don't prove anything because they're done by fans. Fans could say anything, really. I just didn't want it to turn into an arguement. That's all.

Pikawho?
7th May 2008, 4:48 AM
It's pretty much the same thing as the anime. Only subtle differences. I think the anime is more powerful, though.

Edit: (complete opposite as the above post.....XD) My guess is because I watched the anime first and she read the manga first......

Pollutionoflife
7th May 2008, 6:54 AM
How many volumes are there?

Pikawho?
7th May 2008, 2:52 PM
12 volumes with the actual story. 13 if you want to count the special 13th one that's basically just a bunch of extras.

Mimori Kiryu
7th May 2008, 4:08 PM
But the extras make the series! It's so awesome. XD

And I like the manga more mainly because it doesn't try to make fun of itself like the anime did. ("I'll take a potato chip...and eat it!" hahaha lololol)

VampirateMace
7th May 2008, 6:24 PM
Noez. Post the link to the manga pages and maybe I'll believe you. ;D I never saw this as an argument.....>_> What does your manga have for Misa's tapes? Does it have "Killa" as well?

My mom finally picked up mangas 6 and 11 from the library today. I be happy. <)

I'll have to scan it in... it has Kira on teh tape page, but that's text, so it would have been changed during translation...

POL: You should totally read the manga. It's awesome and amazing. <3 (Imo, it's better than the anime.)

And Vampirate, we were disagreeing and I still don't agree with you unless you have undeniable proof. Internet scantalations don't prove anything because they're done by fans. Fans could say anything, really. I just didn't want it to turn into an arguement. That's all.

scantalations? No, I found it in volume 1, I'll see about getting scans...

Mimori Kiryu
7th May 2008, 8:47 PM
It's in volume one of the English translation manga? @___@ I need to look in my volume one when I get home then...

And is anyone excited about the live action movie coming to the States on May 20th (my birthday!) and 21st? I'm going with two of my friends. It's a great birthday present, lol.

Pikawho?
8th May 2008, 3:53 AM
They translated it into English? O_O Is it going on theaters, then?

As for manga 1, I don't remember that at all. It had to be a fanbased translation site.

VampirateMace
8th May 2008, 6:17 AM
So, I’ve got scans now, from both vol 1 and vol 3:

in VOl 1 (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_01.jpg)

in Vol 3 (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_02.jpg)

Oh, and while the scanner was working, I scanned in Vol 1’s extra for those who haven’t seen it.
extra (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_03.jpg)

Mimori Kiryu
8th May 2008, 7:24 AM
They translated it into English? O_O Is it going on theaters, then?Yep, it's translated with the same voice actors as the anime. I'm so excited. ;D

So, I’ve got scans now, from both vol 1 and vol 3:

in VOl 1 (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_01.jpg)

in Vol 3 (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_02.jpg)My volume one doesn't say Killa; it says Kira. However the picture in the third volume does. o_O Strange how I never noticed it before.

Mello
8th May 2008, 9:14 AM
Oh oh, I want in D:. Pleaseeeeeee <333333333333333. I love Death Note, and I've read the whole manga (How to Read 13 inclusive), watched the anime (Subs and Dubs So far) and seen the Live Action movies. I also own the Death Note GROUP here :3. I made Death Note AMVs (They suck though) and write fanfiction!
I like to bring the discussion in Serebii Chatroom to Death Note too D:. Can I join?

VampirateMace
9th May 2008, 5:45 AM
Yep, it's translated with the same voice actors as the anime. I'm so excited. ;D

My volume one doesn't say Killa; it says Kira. However the picture in the third volume does. o_O Strange how I never noticed it before.

I guess they must have changed it after they caught it... I got vol 1 when if first came out here...

Mimori Kiryu
9th May 2008, 5:49 AM
So did I. Strange. I bought the first manga after it was released because it said new series when it was on the shelf. I dunno...o_O how weird. I bought them all as soon as they came out. I wonder why they didn't catch it in the first one but did in the third.

VampirateMace
9th May 2008, 5:58 AM
I don't know, maybe new, just meant new for your store... I mean I often go looking for mangas the day they are released... often to find the store won't be getting them for a coupel weeks...

Pikawho?
9th May 2008, 9:35 PM
Oh oh, I want in D:. Pleaseeeeeee <333333333333333. I love Death Note, and I've read the whole manga (How to Read 13 inclusive), watched the anime (Subs and Dubs So far) and seen the Live Action movies. I also own the Death Note GROUP here :3. I made Death Note AMVs (They suck though) and write fanfiction!
I like to bring the discussion in Serebii Chatroom to Death Note too D:. Can I join?

Is it a Death Note fan-fic?! 8D And yeah, you're in.

As for Killa sightings......:Interesting. That must've been a mistake or something. It wasn't in the manga I borrowed from the library.....

New Topic coming. I just need to get the link to something......

NewTopic: L's Funeral (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hcvIxTVafkM)

Yeah...Discuss. It's from the directors cut. Sure it's nothing worth really discussing about. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.

VampirateMace
9th May 2008, 10:36 PM
As for Killa sightings......:Interesting. That must've been a mistake or something. It wasn't in the manga I borrowed from the library.....

If it's a mistake, it's a mistake the artist made... it's part of the art... granted it's easily edited to Kira, but it definately is in some of the mangas...

Anyways, I suppose it is time for a new topic...

fredfredburger
9th May 2008, 10:47 PM
hey can i join maybe? :D i got into cause my best friend loved it and ask to cosplay it so i read all of the volumes including how to read 13 and another note and all animes eps and now cosplay every other week as L and Light

Pikawho?
10th May 2008, 1:25 AM
If it's a mistake, it's a mistake the artist made... it's part of the art... granted it's easily edited to Kira, but it definately is in some of the mangas...

Anyways, I suppose it is time for a new topic...

I maded one......>_> It's in my last post......

And yeah, you can join, ffb.

Mimori Kiryu
10th May 2008, 1:49 AM
NewTopic: L's Funeral (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hcvIxTVafkM)

Yeah...Discuss. It's from the directors cut. Sure it's nothing worth really discussing about. Just wanted to see what you guys thought.Wow.

I hadn't seen this and I tell you, this makes me laugh. Literally, I laughed out loud. So loud I'm glad my family isn't here. This is so laughable. I mean, how far away did Matsuda and the others get before Light started screaming to L that he finally won? Seriously, if he's yelling that loud, I'm pretty sure someone would've heard it. This is basically Light flaunting again to all of the L fangirls. XD That's how I see it. Little Matsuda though makes me sad. ;__; It looked like he wanted to cry. *hugs*

Mello
10th May 2008, 2:06 AM
Yay :D. I'm in. *Dances*

As for L's funeral... I saw it a while ago, *Re-watches*.

Lawl. This thing still cracks me up. I like the concept of them giving L a funeral, I mean, they didn't just forget (Unlike poor Soichiro, anybody notice how when he died, Light cried a bit, and then he wasn't mentioned again until Matsuda's spazzo shooting of Light). But yeah, Light, get a grip, you put so much effort into not leaving any evidence behind, but I'm SURE somebody is going to notice if you start laughing in the middle of a graveyard D: Lol, like Mimori Kiryu said, Matsuda was so cuddly there ^^.

Mimori Kiryu
10th May 2008, 2:15 AM
Hahaha. I love Youtube. I know were on the topic of L's Funeral, but I must bring attention to these lovely Deleted Scene videos I found on the video responses.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=naMesqDOXfI <~ Shows Light and L watching a Kira video in a small theatre. It's not subbed sadly, but if you've seen the regular scene in the series, you should grasp what they're talking about. I find it funny that the link has the word 'names' in it and they're talking about Kira. hahahaha.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tBNBMtLCceY <~ An alternate ending using existing images of the manga to create something new. It's in manga form and it contains spoilers. I found it pretty interesting.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KLNgJeYHi28&NR=1 <~ Let me know what you think of this video. It's hilarious.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dnNDCVivxwQ <~ Ignore the title as it is wrong, but watch this. It's a trailer to the series or a prequal shot. I have to say this is pretty intriguing too.

*flees to search for the first link subbed*

Mello
10th May 2008, 2:32 AM
LOL @ The third one. I actually pulled out my headphone, refreshed YouTube, and almost restarted my comp because I thought there was something wrong with my YouTube...

...and then I'm like. "OH, Nothingness, I get it!"

Now to go and continue watching Episode 29 - the Dub and see what happened to Mello's real name, and how it's pronounced 8D.

Pikawho?
10th May 2008, 2:36 AM
Wow.

I hadn't seen this and I tell you, this makes me laugh. Literally, I laughed out loud. So loud I'm glad my family isn't here. This is so laughable. I mean, how far away did Matsuda and the others get before Light started screaming to L that he finally won? Seriously, if he's yelling that loud, I'm pretty sure someone would've heard it. This is basically Light flaunting again to all of the L fangirls. XD That's how I see it. Little Matsuda though makes me sad. ;__; It looked like he wanted to cry. *hugs*

XP I know. It was so funny. And yeah, poor Matsuda. ;-;

Vids: Don't want to see the theater vid unless subbed so if someone could help then great. Alternate ending as manga, that was interesting. I'll watch the other vids later and give my comments then.

Mimori Kiryu
15th May 2008, 5:04 AM
Gah! We're dying! *will not let that happen*

Are you going to see the Death Note Live Action Movie when it premieres on May 20th and 21st?

Hell freakin' yes. I'm going with my two friends Lacey and Jessica and we're partying all night long. <3 L is awesome awesome awesome awesome in real life. <3333333

VampirateMace
15th May 2008, 6:28 AM
XP I know. It was so funny. And yeah, poor Matsuda. ;-;

Vids: Don't want to see the theater vid unless subbed so if someone could help then great. Alternate ending as manga, that was interesting. I'll watch the other vids later and give my comments then.

The movie's being dubbed, I think thry're using the same voice actors as the anime dubs...

Pikawho?
15th May 2008, 2:15 PM
Okies. Is it only at some theaters or at all? If at all, I might go see it. but the chances that I don't see it are higher. And dubbed probably won't be too bad.

Mimori Kiryu
15th May 2008, 4:41 PM
Okies. Is it only at some theaters or at all? If at all, I might go see it. but the chances that I don't see it are higher. And dubbed probably won't be too bad.If you go to this (http://www.fathomevents.com/news/default.aspx?newsid=122) site, it'll show theatres around your town or city that are going to show it. For me and my friends, we have to go about thirty miles to a city in Indiana to see it. Of course, we're more than willing to drive about fourty five minutes for Death Note. :D And yeah, the movie is dubbed. The DVD that comes out in September will have both the English and Japanese tracks on it, though.

Pikawho?
16th May 2008, 3:54 AM
Thanks. Nothing near me....;-; But that's ok. I'd rather watch it on Dvd anyways. XP

Mimori Kiryu
16th May 2008, 5:11 AM
Thanks. Nothing near me....;-; But that's ok. I'd rather watch it on Dvd anyways. XPAww, that sucks. I probably would've cried if it hadn't been somewhere near me. XD

Oh, I've got a topic...

Have you ever heard a song that reminded you of Death Note?

omg, I think Breaking Benjamin watched Death Note sometimes. Listen to their songs, Evil Angel (think of how Light sees himself as a God but his killing is actually evil) and Dance with the Devil (think of this song as sung by L and his dance or battle to defeat Light, or the devil).

I creeps me out how well these songs fit. o.o;

Pikawho?
17th May 2008, 1:45 AM
Have you ever heard a song that reminded you of Death Note?

Let's see...."The World" by Nightmare, "What's up People?!" and "Zetsubou Billy" from Maximum the hormone....That's all I got. :/

Besides those, nope. No songs.

fredfredburger
18th May 2008, 5:15 PM
i've heard that at some cinemas in the uk its only a 2 night screening

Pikawho?
19th May 2008, 4:50 AM
I think that's true for all theaters....I could be wrong but I'm sure I heard that somewhere...

Yay! The next episode will be an awesome one! 8D

This last one was pretty good. I loved how it opened with Near making "whoosing" noises. I never noticed it before, but the anime is actually skipping some of the things that they had in the manga. They aren't major things, but I think that they helped the series. Like how Mogi is with Near and pals at this point...But meh. I still think the anime is really awesome.

Mimori Kiryu
19th May 2008, 6:40 AM
I think that's true for all theaters....I could be wrong but I'm sure I heard that somewhere...

Yay! The next episode will be an awesome one! 8D

This last one was pretty good. I loved how it opened with Near making "whoosing" noises. I never noticed it before, but the anime is actually skipping some of the things that they had in the manga. They aren't major things, but I think that they helped the series. Like how Mogi is with Near and pals at this point...But meh. I still think the anime is really awesome.Yeah, it's a two night showing. Me and my friends are such Death Note dorks that we're going on the first night and asking if we could have the movie poster they put up for it. xP

And I can't wait until the next episode. We're getting into the good stuff now and omg, Mello's voice actors continues to impress me. <3 He's so perfect for him that I squeal every time Mello comes on screen (I'd do that anyway, even if I couldn't hear the voices. XD). And you're right, the anime does skip over some things that were in the manga, but it keeps the same overall balance, which rules. :D I love Death Note to bits... yayayayay. <3

My mom was shopping for my b-day (which is Tuesday! *excited*) and she came into see me at work. She told me she saw something at a local store that had Death Note on it and was tempted to buy it for me. I was familiar with the store and tried to guess, but of course, she wasn't going to tell me. D: I don't know if I can wait another day! GAH! I...Must....KNOW!

Oh, and Pikawho, you forgot Alumina on that smarkalkely list of yours. lol

I think I have a topic that everyone can answer:

What merchandise of Death Note do you own? or, if you don't have any, What Death Note merchandise do you wish you owned?

I have a wallscroll of the rules with Light and Misa on it and Ryuk is in the background. You can only really see his eyes. I, of course, own all of the manga, along with How to Read 13 and the L novel. I have all the English episodes recorded to date and I'm trying to make a replica of the Death Note owned by Light just to have. XD I also have a lot of anime magazine with Light on the front. hahahaha.

What about you all?

VampirateMace
19th May 2008, 6:59 AM
What merchandise of Death Note do you own? or, if you don't have any, What Death Note merchandise do you wish you owned?

Well, i've got the manga and novel (still reading)... but I'd liek to get the 'apple pin'... I went to Boarders and they had the 'death coin thing,' but it's not really that cool...

Mimori Kiryu
19th May 2008, 7:05 AM

Well, i've got the manga and novel (still reading)... but I'd liek to get the 'apple pin'... I went to Boarders and they had the 'death coin thing,' but it's not really that cool...Oh, that reminds me, I have the L pins, the one of the character sitting in his habitual way and the pretty letter. <3 They fit perfectly on my purse. XD

Redblood012
19th May 2008, 8:34 AM
i'll love to join, i became super addicted of death note after a friend who owns the whole manga series let be barrow the whole series, and i been now following the anime in english

Pikawho?
20th May 2008, 9:47 PM
Death Note stuffs? nothing. I wish I owned Manga 13. Yeah....I really haven't seen any other merchandise out there.....*doesn't really go shopping*

Mimori Kiryu
20th May 2008, 11:14 PM
Oh my gosh, today's the day for the movie! ^___^ We just had my birthday party and we're heading out to the movie theatre in about an hour. We're going to go to the mall first and look for more Death Note stuffs. <3

Pikawho?
21st May 2008, 1:33 AM
Will you tell us about your experience? XP Have you seen the Japanese one before?

TBH, I didn't really like the movie that much. :/

Zabi
21st May 2008, 1:47 AM
Haven't posted in this club in a long time.

I have all the manga (finally found 11 today) >D>D>D, I have the novel, a few shirts, the three DVDs with the figures. (needs Gelus one). A Ryuk wristband which I always wear.

I think thats it.

;_________________; I can't see the Death Note movie, its too far away for me to go see it. *emo corner* ;________________;

Pikawho?
21st May 2008, 1:52 AM
They have the Japanese one on this one site that you can pm me for because people will report me for advertising if I post it hear. 8D

I just need to read manga 2 and I'll have read all the manga - manga 13.

Dr.Stiles
21st May 2008, 2:05 AM
Uhmm...Hi everyone ^__^
Im new here but I love death note its my fav anime
Can I join?

Zabi
21st May 2008, 2:34 AM
They have the Japanese one on this one site that you can pm me for because people will report me for advertising if I post it hear. 8D

I just need to read manga 2 and I'll have read all the manga - manga 13.

Nah, I seen it in Japanese, but I was really hoping to see it. I couldn't see Naruto - Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, and now I can't see Death Note in the movies. *prays I can go to the Bleach one*

I have read all of Death Note, and now I am thinking of re-reading it. It was so good to not re-read.

Pikawho?
21st May 2008, 3:20 AM
Dr.S, you can join. Answer any topic that you want to.

I might've considered going if it was at a theater nearby, but I'm not going to force someone to drive me somewhere to see it. XP

Khamul
21st May 2008, 3:31 AM
Hey, can i join guys?

Pikawho?
21st May 2008, 3:35 AM
No. Go away. >( This club is for us only. No new people allowed. >( Why, it's just plain rude toask such a thing! You don't deserve to hang out with such high class people as we! >D

J/K I was actually going to attack you when I saw you sig. Welcome. Answer any of the topics that you want.

Khamul
21st May 2008, 3:40 AM
gah! I almost cried out before i scrolled down.....:( thanks!

I have a full scale death note notebook, and i also wanted a ryuk action figure.

Pikawho?
21st May 2008, 3:43 AM
gah! I almost cried out before i scrolled down.....:( thanks!

I have a full scale death note notebook, and i also wanted a ryuk action figure.

Sorry. Felt like doing something different for a change. 8D

Wait, is it the full scale notebook like the one from the movie? That thing was huge! XD Talk about subtly killing people in public. XD

Khamul
21st May 2008, 3:46 AM
Yup, it roxxorz!! I do my killing outside like kira, y'know with the "hidden" notes in the watch

Pikawho?
21st May 2008, 3:52 AM
XD Is it really supposed to be that big? Why? In the anime it was no bigger than a regular notebook.

Khamul
21st May 2008, 3:57 AM
Maybe for visual effect?? There is an anime sized noteook though, I'm getting that one too!

Pikawho?
21st May 2008, 3:58 AM
Maybe.....Is it just me or did it seem that the movie seemed to be making fun of the actual series? I dunno...That's the feeling I got.....

Khamul
21st May 2008, 4:19 AM
Maybe it's that hard to convert an anime to a real-life movie, i mean that's why there are no real-life pokemon movies

VampBoi
21st May 2008, 10:11 AM
I would love to join. I read thru really quick to see what types of questions where asked. I'm sure I'll answer them all with time, but for now we'll start with this one.

What Death Note merchandise do you own?
Currently I have: the English manga set; including 13 "How To Read", the first 4 anime DVD's, one of the PVC figure sets, a t-shirt, the May '08 issue of Fangorea; it features an article about the movie, the Cosplay steel Death Note pen, the dog-tag necklace, and a Death Note.

I see there is some question to the size of the Death Note. There are three sizes out there you can find.
The Replica Size - 10.3" by 7.3" (I would love to get this one.)
The Anime Size - 8.1" by 5.5" (This is the one I have.)
The Small Size - 5.5" by 4.1"

Did you all know there are two sizes of Misa's (Gelus) Death Note, the anime and replica sizes.
I would love so much to get the replica size.

I have the following items being sent to me: All 3 Original Sound Track CD's; from the anime, Death Note: The Last Name Original Sound Track CD, The Last Name Tribute CD, the novel; Death Note: Another Note, and the book; Death Note: Fatally Fun Facts.

I have the following pre-ordered: the 5th anime DVD and the Death Note movie DVD.

Well, I guess that's it for now. If yall really love DN as much as I do, PM me I've got something to share with you. Oh and could someone please PM me the SPOILER code, thanks.

Mimori Kiryu
21st May 2008, 5:40 PM
Maybe.....Is it just me or did it seem that the movie seemed to be making fun of the actual series? I dunno...That's the feeling I got.....It kinda is because of the way that we as English speaking people percept it. As I watched the movie with the English dub over, I have to say they worked hard and really impressed me, especially Brad Swaile (Light) and Alessandro Juliani (L). It was amazing. <3 It sucks though that there's a sequel to it. I kinda wish it was all together instead of separate. ;____;

Oh! And there were cosplayers when we went. XD The best group was the one that had everyone: Light, L, Misa and Ryuk. This guy had totally painted his face black/white and had feathers on his shoulders to resemble wings. He even carried an apple with him. XD It was hilarious! The L and Light were handcuffed together and Light was carrying a Death Note (anime size) and Misa had hers but it was movie size with Gelus's book. It was f*cking awesome. The Light left before I could get a picture of him, but I took Ryuk, Misa and L's picture on my cell phone. XD It was so cool. :D

Pikawho?
21st May 2008, 7:52 PM
Welcome new person!

That's cool. XP I wish I could've seen that. Were they all one group? XD

Mimori Kiryu
21st May 2008, 10:18 PM
Welcome new person!

That's cool. XP I wish I could've seen that. Were they all one group? XDYeah, but the guy cosplaying Light got in trouble with his parents. XD They wouldn't stop calling him so he had to leave. I thought it was funny.

VampBoi
21st May 2008, 10:32 PM
... It sucks though that there's a sequel to it. I kinda wish it was all together instead of separate. ...

Did you know there is also a 3rd movie?
It's called, L: Change the WorLd.
It focuses on the last 23 days of L's life-span to solve the case that threaten the world.

I didn't get a chance to go last night and I have to work tonight. I guess I'll have to wait until September to see it. :( I wonder how long it will be before L: Change the WorLd and Death Note the Last Name come here to the US on DVD.

Pikawho?
22nd May 2008, 2:37 AM
Yeah, but the guy cosplaying Light got in trouble with his parents. XD They wouldn't stop calling him so he had to leave. I thought it was funny.

"John? Where are you? What?! Another state?! Watching a movie?! With Friends?! Come home right now, mister!" XD Sucks for him. XP

Yes, I did know of the other movie. I haven't seen the second yet. But yes, I have heard of the third one. I actually saw a scene of it on youtube. It was when L dies. It wasn't subbed, though....Light and L were the only ones in the room.

edit: New Topic: Which DN character do you think you look the most like?

Misa-Misa-chan! 8D *shot* Actually, I think that I kinda look like Raye Penber. We have similar eyes/facial stuffs so he could actually be what I might look like when I'm older. 8D

This is a serious topic. This is a random topic. This is a topic that you don't have to reply to if you think it sucks. XP

Mimori Kiryu
22nd May 2008, 6:59 AM
Did you know there is also a 3rd movie?
It's called, L: Change the WorLd.
It focuses on the last 23 days of L's life-span to solve the case that threaten the world.

I didn't get a chance to go last night and I have to work tonight. I guess I'll have to wait until September to see it. :( I wonder how long it will be before L: Change the WorLd and Death Note the Last Name come here to the US on DVD.Yep. I can't wait for that one either. I'm still trying to figure out the whole plot with no subs. I'd like to figure out who the kids are that L is watching over. It's soooooooo cute~ I'd like to know how long it will be for the next two movies come too, and they already have some scenes dubbed for it and there's a link on the English official website, but there's no information. :(

New Topic: Which DN character do you think you look the most like?

Honestly, before I got my haircut, I kinda looked like Naomi Misora, just with glasses. XD

Mello
22nd May 2008, 8:35 AM
New Topic: Which DN character do you think you look the most like?

Probably um.... Matsuda. I have that shaggy sort of hair, only I'm a girl... and my hair is a little longer.

VampBoi
22nd May 2008, 10:59 AM
Which DN character do you think you look the most like?

I would have to say Mello. We both have the same haircut and color. I would have to say mine is a little longer. I never really can tell what color his eyes are. They must be hazel. I swear I've seen then yellow, brown, blue and sometimes almost black, mine are blue. We both also have basically the same facial features. I love my chocolate bars, but mine have got to be dark, the darker the better.

VampirateMace
22nd May 2008, 6:04 PM
Maybe it's that hard to convert an anime to a real-life movie, i mean that's why there are no real-life pokemon movies

Can you imagine how horrid that would be... expecially if the 3-D chars or puppets are a bad as the ones in the 3-D pokemon games... ugh

Well, I've never really though I looked like any of them. It's hard to say because it's mostly Japanese and American men, and a few girls who are pracitcally models. Maybe Matt, if he were a girl and sort of fat...

Pikawho?
23rd May 2008, 4:54 AM
I'm so mad! My sister told me today that Death Note is playing in the Theater 20 minutes away from my church. Apparantly a guy we know went to see it the other day....Tomorrow is the last night. She said that she would've wanted to go(with me) but her show's opening night is tomorrow. I'm not too bummed, but it sucks since it was actually playing at a theater somewhat near us.....XD She's not a fan of Death Note(yet) but she does want to watch the series with me at some point. We watched the first half of the movie once.....

So yeah. Just wanted to talk about myself for a bit there. XP But yeah. I didn't know that the guy watched Death Note. I know that he is an anime fan, but I never knew that he liked DN. XD

VampBoi
23rd May 2008, 5:56 AM
Ok I'm a little confused. It was only showing May 20th & 21st.

Mello
23rd May 2008, 8:22 AM

I would have to say Mello. We both have the same haircut and color. I would have to say mine is a little longer. I never really can tell what color his eyes are. They must be hazel. I swear I've seen then yellow, brown, blue and sometimes almost black, mine are blue. We both also have basically the same facial features. I love my chocolate bars, but mine have got to be dark, the darker the better.

I think Mello's eyes appear blue in the anime. Well, in all those scenes where they close up on his eyes when he's scaring Sidoh and things, his eyes are blue.

Pikawho?
23rd May 2008, 4:06 PM
Ok I'm a little confused. It was only showing May 20th & 21st.

Well, I'm going by what my sister said. She says that she might be wrong.

His eyes are a harsh color of blue/green. At least that's what I think.

Mimori Kiryu
23rd May 2008, 11:49 PM
Mello's eyes are more of a hazel which crosses from blue to green and every shade inbetween those two. ;D It says so in the How to Read 13 book.

And yeah, I think your sister might be wrong, Pikawho.

Pikawho?
24th May 2008, 12:30 AM
Lies!

Yeah. She probably is. It sucks that it actually was at a theater relatively near me.....>_>

I've now officially finished all the manga! 8D (Not including "How to read")

Khamul
24th May 2008, 4:06 AM
Do you like how the manga ended?

VampBoi
24th May 2008, 9:51 AM
I just finsih volume 2.

Pikawho?
24th May 2008, 4:29 PM
I just finished volume 2......I finished volume 12 ages ago. XD

And yes, I did like how it ended. I liked the last chapter. And if any of you didn't notice, one of Light's friends, that you see in manga two, is in the last chapter. 8D

Mimori Kiryu
25th May 2008, 8:32 AM
I just finished volume 2......I finished volume 12 ages ago. XD

And yes, I did like how it ended. I liked the last chapter. And if any of you didn't notice, one of Light's friends, that you see in manga two, is in the last chapter. 8D

So, have you seen the end of the anime series too? Because it's ending is a bit different than the manga and I prefer the manga's ending to the animes for reason's I'll discuss if you've seen the end of the anime. XD

EDIT: Oh my f*cking god, it anyone watch the English dubbed Saturday? I had to catch the reshowing, but I squealed like a fangirl whenever Mikami appeared on the screen. <333333 He is my second favorite character besides Mello. I luv him so. And the best part? His voice actor. I think I influenced it too much because I've been watching a lot of Inuyasha lately and been fangirling over Miroku (as usual, hahahahaha) and when Mikami started saying, "Delete." over and over again, I nearly screamed. It was Miroku's voice actor, Kirby Morrow! I nearly fainted of pure happiness. XD

Pikawho?
25th May 2008, 10:47 PM
I've seen the anime, in full, in Japanese so yes, I have seen the ending of the anime. And you can discuss the ending with me if you want.....XP

I still need to see it but that'cs cool. I like Miroku's voice-actor too. 8D

Yay Mikami! 8D

Mimori Kiryu
26th May 2008, 6:38 AM
Yay, Mikami! *glomp* If only you weren't so Kira crazy....

Well, I was curious if you preferred the manga's ending over the anime's. I must say that I do. Light suffering and dying in front of everyone was much better than him getting to run away and hide while he died. <.<; That bastard deserved to die in front of all the people he thought he could so easily control.

VampirateMace
26th May 2008, 7:04 AM
EDIT: Oh my f*cking god, it anyone watch the English dubbed Saturday? I had to catch the reshowing, but I squealed like a fangirl whenever Mikami appeared on the screen. <333333 He is my second favorite character besides Mello. I luv him so. And the best part? His voice actor. I think I influenced it too much because I've been watching a lot of Inuyasha lately and been fangirling over Miroku (as usual, hahahahaha) and when Mikami started saying, "Delete." over and over again, I nearly screamed. It was Miroku's voice actor, Kirby Morrow! I nearly fainted of pure happiness. XD

Yea, he seemed a lot cuter in the anime, made me smile.

Pikawho?
26th May 2008, 10:30 PM
I agree, the manga ending is kinda better. The anime ending wasn't horrible, though.....I liked the last chapter of the manga with Matsuda and Ide. But yeah, I totally agree with what you had in the spoilers.

Khamul
27th May 2008, 7:03 AM
I liked the anime ending better.....maybe because it was animated, i liked the laugh of doom and mikami's demise

Have you seen the vid in which Kira is a Death God? Is that real?

Mimori Kiryu
27th May 2008, 7:12 AM
I liked the anime ending better.....maybe because it was animated, i liked the laugh of doom and mikami's demise

Have you seen the vid in which Kira is a Death God? Is that real? That doesn't need to be in a spoiler since that video of Kira is fanmade - not canon.

And I also like the anime's ending for the fact that it's animated, but I hate it too as stated in my post's above. Stupid Light. <.<;

Khamul
27th May 2008, 7:27 AM
But will Kira really be a Death God? I heard he will be in a "Season 2" of DN

VampirateMace
27th May 2008, 8:05 PM
But will Kira really be a Death God? I heard he will be in a "Season 2" of DN

I think not:

In the DN universe humans that die go to Mu (become nothing), therefore Light is gone and he's not suppose to come back in any form. I was fan speculation that he might become a Death God came from the fact that Ryuk said he couldn't go to heaven or hell, but later we learn Ryuk said that becuase in the DN universe there is no heaven or hell.

^Dispite there being a Land of the Dead in the orginal pilot... heck, there was a death eraser...

Mimori Kiryu
27th May 2008, 8:09 PM
But will Kira really be a Death God? I heard he will be in a "Season 2" of DNThere is no such thing as a season 2 of Death Note. If there is, Ohba and Obata haven't acknowledged it and it probably won't be very good since I think the series ending when it did was perfect. And Kira can't be a Death God because when he died, as VampirateMace said, he goes into nothingness since he used the Death Note. It's just as Ryuk said - a user of a Death Note can not go to heaven or hell - simply nothingness.

VampirateMace
27th May 2008, 8:19 PM
Um, spoilers mimori? That's also not quite what I said... the 'rule' applies to all humans.

Mimori Kiryu
27th May 2008, 8:42 PM
Well, okay, there are spoilers there, but if you're joining a club for a series that's been completed in manga and anime form in Japan, you need to expect spoilers.

Anyway, I'm confused about what you mean when you say the 'rule' applies to all humans.

Zabi
27th May 2008, 8:58 PM
This is the second person who mentioned that there will be a Season 2 of Death Note. I don't think there will be, and where are people finding this out?

I am re-reading through Death Note while I await another manga I need to buy. I am so obsessed with Death Note, I really need to get obsessed over something else. D: Not that I am saying obsessing over Death Note is bad, but I just want to enjoy other mangas/animes atm.

Pikawho?
27th May 2008, 9:52 PM
Good to see that you guys are getting along pretty well. 8D

And no, a certain someone does not become a Shinigami. If you read the manga, you know what happened to that certain someone. 8D

And no, I haven't heard of a second series of Death Note. It's possible, but unlikely. And for those of your who are saying that there'll be a second season, it's currently in the second season. XP Series is the more better word to use. 8P

VampirateMace
29th May 2008, 1:41 AM
Well, okay, there are spoilers there, but if you're joining a club for a series that's been completed in manga and anime form in Japan, you need to expect spoilers.

Anyway, I'm confused about what you mean when you say the 'rule' applies to all humans.

Ok... it looks like even Pikawho? doesn't care if we spoil without tags now...

It's the second to last 'how to use it' rule in the manga series...

Pikawho?
29th May 2008, 4:33 AM
Actually, I do care about spoilers. Mostly just for the last episode and what happens there. Everything else I'll let slide. Just don't say the final result of the series.

keeblayd
29th May 2008, 4:59 AM
Deathnote is great. It is probably my favourite anime second to Bleach. The thought, the planning and scheming that goes into it is simply mind boggling. I have a question about the Deathnote, if anyone can answer, that would be great.

If you were to write someone's name in the Deathnote and made their cause of death some really contagious disease (Black plague maybe), would other people be infected as well?

PS: I want to join

Khamul
29th May 2008, 5:15 AM
If you were to write someone's name in the Deathnote and made their cause of death some really contagious disease (Black plague maybe), would other people be infected as well?

Wow that's boggling O_o. Well the disease is contagious so it can kill others unless you specify it in the note, imo.

Pikawho?
29th May 2008, 5:17 AM
Ask the freaking author that one. XP I'd assume that they'd simply die of a heart attack. I'm sure that there was a rule in one of the mangas that covered all the crap with diseases.....Good question. But I think that it wouldn't happen since other people might die as an effect. Actually, it would work if you specify that no one else would catch it.

Consider yourself joined. 8D Answer any of the topics that you feel like answering.

keeblayd
29th May 2008, 6:09 AM
Sweet! Yeah, it deffinately is an ask the author thing. I was thinking that, but wasn't sure where to ask the author and stuffs. Thanks none the less!

By the way, my most favourite character is probably Near

Mimori Kiryu
29th May 2008, 6:17 AM
Gah! Not another Near lover...geez. Just kiddin'

And about the disease thing, didn't Kira do that to one of L's subordinates? I can't remember which one, but I think it only happened in the manga... *goes to look* Yeah, it's in volume seven. Aiber, one of the undercover detectives for L, died after L did in the passing of time. It says he succumed to liver cancer. Unless Kira did that, I don't see a reason as to why they'd mention it. As for the black plague, I don't think that could happen anymore since it no longer 'exists'.

VampirateMace
29th May 2008, 6:24 AM
Acturally I think the black plague still exists... there just aren't epdemic outbreaks anymore due to cleaner living conditions an a reduction in the black rat population...

Anyways you can't use a death note to kill someone in a way that will cause the deaths of other people. (a contagious disease would do this) In these instances they just die of heart attack...

O.o... apparently I'm a DN dictonary now... I remmber only the most useless stuff...

Pikawho?
29th May 2008, 7:08 PM

And about the disease thing, didn't Kira do that to one of L's subordinates? I can't remember which one, but I think it only happened in the manga... *goes to look* Yeah, it's in volume seven. Aiber, one of the undercover detectives for L, died after L did in the passing of time. It says he succumed to liver cancer. Unless Kira did that, I don't see a reason as to why they'd mention it. As for the black plague, I don't think that could happen anymore since it no longer 'exists'.

Umm....You can kill by isease, but it can't cause the deaths of others. So it's still possible.

Mimori Kiryu
30th May 2008, 3:36 AM
^That's what I meant, Pikawho. I meant that they can kill by disease as long as it doesn't affect others. So I'm confused about your comment...?

shadowkami
30th May 2008, 3:45 AM

^^Please answer that when you join.

I've been spotting this club for a while and I was thinking about joining. So I've decided to join(wow, that was a quick decision)

As to answer your question. I've heard about it from a bunch of people on a different type of forum. They talked a lot about the show and I decidedto watch the first few episodes and I was hooked. I'm currently on episode 10 or 11 and It is so effing good...

I even money bribed ($2.50) my friend if he watched a whole episode of death note with me. Miraculously I kept my $2.50. because We were at someone's house and I had to go.

Pikawho?
30th May 2008, 5:03 AM
Welcome. Answer any of the current topics.

That's funny. XP

keeblayd
31st May 2008, 8:08 AM

I take back Near as my favourite person from DN. Yeah, I am going with either Mikami or Matsuda. Mikami due to the 'Delete' thing, and Matsuda because of the fact that he is simply an evil genius in disguise

Phoenix Fire
1st June 2008, 5:32 AM
Okay, so where to start? I heard about Death Note from one of my firends, and since it sounded like horror-related thing, and I am a big fan of horror stuff, I just had to get it. So now I've read all the manga, haven't seen any of the anime [ I never watch anime with the exception of Bleach and Pokemon] and don't want to either [ unless there is somthing in the anime that wasn't in the manga and it is funny] and I totally love death note and L and wish to join. So may I?

Pikawho?
1st June 2008, 11:06 PM
Sure. Answer any of the topics that you want to. 8D

VampBoi
2nd June 2008, 4:37 PM
Everyone~

Hi! I'm gone for a few days and now I have 2 pages of reading to catch up on. I got all my new DN goods in the mail and I can't be happier. I just loved this weeks anime episode with Mikami. Just his story alone and how he was chosen to be the proxy for Light. I also wanted to welcome the new member to the club. Oh and one last thing before I have to run, my Death Note is now Open. :)

Khamul
2nd June 2008, 4:43 PM
I just loved this weeks anime episode with Mikami. Just his story alone and how he was chosen to be the proxy for Light. I also wanted to welcome the new member to the club.

Yay Mikami fan! I watched his delete thing like 15 times lolzwut.
Iloved what happened to him at the final ep. but it might be a spoiler so I'm afraid to say it.

Also I made some noobish banners, pls. forgive my noobishness I just wanted to contribute to the club. I hope I don't get banned for this. :D

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/bleedingcowz/L.png
Link:http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/bleedingcowz/L.png
L

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/bleedingcowz/Light.png
Link:http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/bleedingcowz/Light.png
Light

Pikawho?
2nd June 2008, 6:46 PM
Thanks for the banners. You won't get banned from the club for this.(yet)

*adds to first post*

VampirateMace
2nd June 2008, 6:49 PM
Everyone~

Hi! I'm gone for a few days and now I have 2 pages of reading to catch up on. I got all my new DN goods in the mail and I can't be happier. I just loved this weeks anime episode with Mikami. Just his story alone and how he was chosen to be the proxy for Light. I also wanted to welcome the new member to the club. Oh and one last thing before I have to run, my Death Note is now Open. :)

That's not a threat right?

[Khamul] I don't see any reason for you to be in trouble... athought I believe L's gesture is a bad word in American sign-language, just a warning. I know he does it in the series, but it's Japanese, so it's not like they'd know.

Pikawho?
2nd June 2008, 6:55 PM
That's not a threat right?

[Khamul] I don't see any reason for you to be in trouble... athought I believe L's gesture is a bad word in American sign-language, just a warning. I know he does it in the series, but it's Japanese, so it's not like they'd know.

You serious? XD I'd ask my mom(fluent in sign-language) but then again I wouldn't want to get attacked for it. XP But yeah, I don't see a reason to kick you out.(yet)

VampirateMace
2nd June 2008, 7:01 PM
Yeah, but it's not like it Khamul's fault in any way, he/she had no way to know I'm sure...

Also this got me thinking about drawing up some banners...

Pikawho?
2nd June 2008, 7:05 PM
You also need to think, no one will really care since he did that in the anime and no one noticed. He wasn't trying to do sign-language(I don't think) it was kinda a gesture of "Come join me" or something like that.

Yay! More banners! 8D

Khamul
3rd June 2008, 2:11 AM

Wait, what!? I never knew what L did was offensive, how is it offensive?
I'll take it off at your command, sir.

Pikawho?
3rd June 2008, 2:57 AM
Oh....L....I thought you said Light for some reason....XD

It's not offensive. You don't need to take it off. That's like his freaking trademark.

shadowkami
3rd June 2008, 3:05 AM
Currently I'm on epi 12. The suspense is driving me nuts. I finally found out that there's a a "fake" Kira....

Demented Kirlia
3rd June 2008, 3:58 AM
Hi there!

This thread caught my eye while reading one of Mimori's posts in another thread. So, may I join? I probably won't be as frequent as the other members, but I'm willing to post my thoughts on Death Note here.

Lastly, I got into Death Note when I saw one of my friends reading a Death Note manga. Seeing as it looked like a neat manga to read, I bought volume one at a Borders store. Instantly hooked, I went to my library to check out several volumes. I hadn't fully read the entire series yet, but I'm catching on the story by scanning through one of my friend's books. I hadn't watched the anime yet, but have the anime soundtracks. And it's so frekking awesome. So is Matsuda.

I could go on for hours, but I would just annoy all of you. So...may I join your club?

VampirateMace
3rd June 2008, 6:14 AM
No command at all, just a half-hearted warning... I'm not even sure what makes it offensive...

Okay, anyways... I sketched up some banners in the freetime I had today... so here they are... feel free to use them

or not...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_Ryuk_02.jpg
Ryuk - I'll have to do another one with an apple...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_L.jpg
L - well, this one isn't the best...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_MelloNear.jpg
Mellow and Near - the epic battle, choose your side!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f57/VampirateMace/DN_In.jpg
Um... - well it's an undead person inspired by DN...

Khamul
3rd June 2008, 6:36 AM
The Mello/Near Banner looks nice, but I've always pictured Mello with a maroon "Aura".
The Undead person looks cool, it somehow makes me think that this is what Kira would look like as a Death God. Coolio.

VampirateMace
3rd June 2008, 7:17 AM
Yeah... I was thinking of a crimson, but I didn't want to go that dark with the light blue on the other side and drowning out the line art... I also didn't want to end up with a Star Wars thing going on, cause it wasn't about good or bad...

I do wonder what Kira would look like if he'd been given that honor... I kind of wish we could read the rest of the pilot series to see how that would have turned out...

Mimori Kiryu
3rd June 2008, 7:26 AM
I'm on Mello's side! 8D Totally, forever and ever and ever and ever.

I love all of the banners. <3 So awesome. I need to get off my lazy arse and make some, but since I'm out of school *forever. ;_;* I no longer have the lovable Adobe Photoshop CS. I ish sad.

And Saturday's episode was the bomb. Takeda is just annoying though, because she's supposed to be so damn smart, but she falls for Light's 'omgiluvyou' speech. Geez, woman, open your freaking eyes. <.<; That's the only thing I think I might really dislike about DN. All the women are stupid, except for Naomi, and she was still nicked by Kira. We need to be represented. D:

...wait, I'm talking in a club full of men, aren't I? crap. (other than VM and myself, i mean....)

Khamul
3rd June 2008, 12:52 PM
I think there;s a conspiracy under Death Note to discriminating women, well you'll never really know since there's only 3 of them other than that woman on Near's team. Well at least they created Matsuda to balance the scales XD.

VampirateMace
3rd June 2008, 6:41 PM
Acturally if I remmber right, in How To Read one of them says something about feeling bad about most the women being stupid... I'm not sure though, I'd have to go look...

Pikawho?
3rd June 2008, 11:49 PM
Wait...Women aren't usually that stupid? o.O J/k I agree with you. Only Misa should've been really stupid. I mean, she's a model, after all.(not to mention blonde. >_>) I didn't necessarilly see a problem with it. But then again, it's all a matter of opinion. I'm not female so I wouldn't know....>_> (or care)

The banners: Better than anything I could've made, but I don't really like them....:/ Good effort, though. They'll still be in the first post. I just felt like stating my opinion...>_>

Demented Kirlia
4th June 2008, 4:20 AM
^Wasn't there a comic about that on deviantart? The discriminating women thing? Ironically it was Matsuda talking about it.

Mimori Kiryu
4th June 2008, 5:46 AM
^Wasn't there a comic about that on deviantart? The discriminating women thing? Ironically it was Matsuda talking about it.Yeah, that was drawn/written by SilentReaper on deviantart. It was hilarious - I love her. http://main.deathgod.org/images/680.jpg This is the link to it. Read it all, it's so funny. hahahahaha.

Pikawho?
4th June 2008, 3:57 PM
XP That was funny. I loved the Mello bit.

Pikawho?
4th June 2008, 4:05 PM
XP That was funny. I loved the Mello bit.

keeblayd
5th June 2008, 5:14 AM
Yeah, that was drawn/written by SilentReaper on deviantart. It was hilarious - I love her. http://main.deathgod.org/images/680.jpg This is the link to it. Read it all, it's so funny. hahahahaha.

That made my day!