PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon DP Adventure!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Super-Staff
6th March 2008, 7:56 PM
I don't think this has been announced in the Serebiiforums or if it has, nobody seems to talk about it, so I decided to take it upon myself to (re)announce about the new manga, Pokemon DP Adventure, that will be arriving on shelves on April 1, 2008! It's one of the first new Pokemon manga to be brought to the US in years.

Here's a synopsis on the series: Set in the country Sinnoh, the story follows the adventures of Hareta, a young boy raised in the wild with Pokémon. Recruited by Prof. Rowan, he decides to become a Pokémon trainer after catching his first tame one, Piplup. He and the Professor's assistant, Mitsumi, set off on a quest to find Dialga, one of the three "Legendary" Pokémon, which is rumored to be able to control time. But Team Galactic, lead by villainous Cyrus, is hunting for Dialga too.

And here's the link to Amazon.com's page on the manga: Right here. (http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Diamond-Pearl-Adventure-Vol/dp/1421522861)

Come on, people. There are more manga out there than just Pokemon Adventures and Electric Tale of Pikachu. Try to give this one a chance.

Oh, and this is NOT related to Pokemon Adventures. I repeat: NOT related.

Anyone who asks whether or not this is related to PokeSupe will get their head bitten off.

Rex Kamex
6th March 2008, 11:33 PM
I'm buying it. I barely know anything about this manga, but oh well. (It has been announced, but not that many people have talking about it here... I wonder why...)

Healing-D-Vision
7th March 2008, 8:40 AM
This was announced here I believe almost 2 months ago :/

there is a fake single page scanlation floating around online.

and I personally thought that the artwork was funky

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th March 2008, 9:50 AM
I have mine prereserved!

I had been wondering if it was a hoax since it only seemed to show up on Amazon and the release date was April First, but then it showed up in the system at Barnes & Noble, so it's a legit release.

Super-Staff
7th March 2008, 2:23 PM
This was announced here I believe almost 2 months ago :/

I guess I'm just reminding people about it because nobody talks about anything other than Pokemon Adventures around here. >P

there is a fake single page scanlation floating around online.

and I personally thought that the artwork was funky

Just because it's a different style from Pokemon Adventures, doesn't make it 'funky'.

I had been wondering if it was a hoax since it only seemed to show up on Amazon and the release date was April First, but then it showed up in the system at Barnes & Noble, so it's a legit release.

I thought the same thing at first, especially since there's no cover art on the Amazon page. But since it's been on other book selling pages, I figured it had to be legit.

WaterKrystal
10th March 2008, 5:55 PM
Sounds cool, I just saw this for the first time on Amazon, I pre-ordered both. I figure I can atleast see if it's going to be good, since I've never read a Pokemon Manga before I'm interested in seeing if I'll like it or not.

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh
11th March 2008, 12:39 PM
I'm glad they're releasing it. I've been intirgued by it ever since I got the first chapter in a Coro Coro magazine.

Healing-D-Vision
13th March 2008, 8:44 AM
Originally posted by Super-Staff
Just because it's a different style from Pokemon Adventures, doesn't make it 'funky'.

No, I think it looks funky, especially Dawn.

and I don't assume all Pokemon mangas look like Special.

So don't you dare take what I said and make it out into a bad thing.

the fake scanlation (http://imageboard.pocketmonsters.net/Manga_Scans/src/119325222249.jpg)

Super-Staff
15th March 2008, 9:47 PM
No, I think it looks funky, especially Dawn.

and I don't assume all Pokemon mangas look like Special.

So don't you dare take what I said and make it out into a bad thing.

the fake scanlation (http://imageboard.pocketmonsters.net/Manga_Scans/src/119325222249.jpg)

Yeah, well, I'm sick of fans trashing on the other Pokemon mangas just because they don't have the 'Pokemon Special' label on the cover. >:/

Blackjack Gabbiani
16th March 2008, 8:51 AM
Something can look funky completely by itself without comparing it to anything else.

Healing-D-Vision
16th March 2008, 11:42 AM
Yeah, well, I'm sick of fans trashing on the other Pokemon mangas just because they don't have the 'Pokemon Special' label on the cover. >:/

If I may ask, what exactly gave you the illusion that I was comparing it to Pokemon Special in a negative light

I have been a fan of 'The Electric Tale of Pikachu' since 1999, before Pokemon Special came to light, When I bought the first Pokemon Video and it came with the free first issue.

Originally posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
Something can look funky completely by itself without comparing it to anything else.

Thank you

Super-Staff
16th March 2008, 4:17 PM
If I may ask, what exactly gave you the illusion that I was comparing it to Pokemon Special in a negative light

I have been a fan of 'The Electric Tale of Pikachu' since 1999, before Pokemon Special came to light, When I bought the first Pokemon Video and it came with the free first issue.

I was probably jumping the gun, yes. Lately, I've seen a lot of Pokemon manga bashing and people assuming that the other manga are just 'rip-offs' or not official and it gets me a bit testy. So, I'm sorry for making stupid assumptions based on your statement.

Though, despite thinking it's funky, would you still read/buy the manga when it comes out?

Healing-D-Vision
16th March 2008, 10:11 PM
Though, despite thinking it's funky, would you still read/buy the manga when it comes out?

Most likely. It has never stopped me before from other manga.

MidnightScott
1st April 2008, 12:03 AM
I just ordered it on Amazon, it says it is already in stock so. Can't wait :D

~Scott;229;

MarshtompMan
4th April 2008, 2:10 AM
This is great!

Even though I love Pokemon Adventures:p but this is cool,too!

rocky505
5th April 2008, 5:07 AM
it was funny when hareta bit the team galactic grunt on the butt or when he hit the cameraman in the nuts with his poke ball and piplup got stuck.

MarshtompMan
5th April 2008, 5:06 PM
it was funny when hareta bit the team galactic grunt on the butt or when he hit the cameraman in the nuts with his poke ball and piplup got stuck.

A classic. :)

Zabi
5th April 2008, 5:40 PM
I am going to go buy it now. I saw it on Wednsday, and I wasn't sure if it was PokeSpecial or not. I then saw this. Will there be a second volume coming out?

Phatkav
5th April 2008, 5:43 PM
So did anyone get it yet?

I checked chapters and it says April 10th for us Canadians.

Zabi
5th April 2008, 6:33 PM
Well, I didn't buy the Pokemon manga, because they had Bleach 13 there...Aw well, next time I go, I will buy it.

Aaron_fan
5th April 2008, 10:26 PM
Sorry if I sound really ignorant here, but judging by the summary DP Adventure doesn't seem too much different from DP Special. What's the difference between them?

Oh, and Zabi, the second volume will be released on September 2, I think.

MidnightScott
5th April 2008, 10:55 PM
I got it in the mail today. If anyone is wondering what manga it is, here is a scan of the Japanese version: http://i6.*******.com/2415wgh.jpg

Known in Japan as "Pocket Monster Diamond Pearl Monogatari"

Looks cool. The next volume comes out July 1st according to Amazon.com

I just finished it. It says at the end of the Manga "Volume 2 available August 2008", yet Amazon lists the 2nd volume for July 1st...

~Scott;229;

MarshtompMan
6th April 2008, 4:39 AM
Sorry if I sound really ignorant here, but judging by the summary DP Adventure doesn't seem too much different from DP Special. What's the difference between them?

Oh, and Zabi, the second volume will be released on September 2, I think.

I got it in the mail today. If anyone is wondering what manga it is, here is a scan of the Japanese version: http://i6.*******.com/2415wgh.jpg

Known in Japan as "Pocket Monster Diamond Pearl Monogatari"

Looks cool. The next volume comes out July 1st according to Amazon.com

I just finished it. It says at the end of the Manga "Volume 2 available August 2008", yet Amazon lists the 2nd volume for July 1st...

~Scott;229;

July, August, or September, which is it?!?!

Super-Staff
6th April 2008, 11:08 PM

Um, they're set in different universes, even if the characters are based off the D/P game protagonists like in PokeSupe. But yeah, this manga =/= Pokemon Special.

Mileyangel
7th April 2008, 11:48 PM
Pokecommunity is scanning it.

Super-Staff
8th April 2008, 8:19 PM
Pokecommunity is scanning it.

Um. They shouldn't.

The manga's already being translated and sold in the US. :/

Mileyangel
9th April 2008, 11:32 PM
Um. They shouldn't.

The manga's already being translated and sold in the US. :/

I think it's for people in other countries and people who can't or don't want to buy it.

Super-Staff
9th April 2008, 11:48 PM
I think it's for people in other countries and people who can't or don't want to buy it.

If it's in English, then they still shouldn't because it's not only illegal, it also takes away money that VIZ could be receiving, which in turn, gives them incentive to release more Pokemon manga in the US.

Tabby Catty
10th April 2008, 1:45 AM
Cool! I'm so gonna get it, that is, next time I go to the bookstore, lately I've been kind of busy.

WaterKrystal
30th April 2008, 4:48 AM
I finally got my copy of this book, I like it so far. Haven't got to read to far into since I've been busy, but I can't wait for the 2nd book to come out.

littlerain
30th April 2008, 6:29 PM
Its always really hard for me to find the pokemon comics in my book stores because they are always scattered between the kids section and manga/graphic novel section.

Also most online stores say it is coming out July 1st but maybe it will not be in book stores until august?

midnightslade
30th April 2008, 6:56 PM
I'm almost certain it'll be July. Many comic books (and magazines for that matter) stamp the name of the next month on the issue, as to not appear old a couple weeks after it's release so that people buy it thinking it's new. Being that the book itself says to look for the next volume in August, but the actual Author lists July as the release on Amazon.com, I think it's safe to assume July.

By the way, I absolutely love this series, hope it continues for a while. But I have to wonder, why all the Dialga love? I mean I like him better than Palkia, but I feel like Jun should be looking for Palkia, y'know, to diversify.

Mileyangel
30th April 2008, 10:58 PM
The first volume is already in stores, if that's what you're asking. I saw one in the manga section at Borders.

midnightslade
30th April 2008, 11:23 PM
The first volume is already in stores, if that's what you're asking. I saw one in the manga section at Borders.

No, speaking of volume 2. I didn't know they sold them in Borders though, that'd make my life easier.

Juuchan17
30th April 2008, 11:32 PM
I snagged the first volume a month ago and absorbed it. It was rather funny in several parts but it still maintains the adventure of a Pokemon Trainer going on a journey.

(Except Hareta seems too . . . gah. He's too much of a clueless hero to me, but he's still likeable. He has good taste in Pokemon too . . . so I guess I can like that side of him!)

I can't wait until the next volume! *hopefully it'll arrive in July . . .*

- Juuchan17

Aaron_fan
1st May 2008, 5:05 AM
Yeah, Hareta is a bit too clueless. Kind of like Goku. Sure, it's cute at first, but over time it gets a little dull.

I hope Jupiter makes an appearance, and I know Cyrus is going to show up, so I'm waiting eagerly for that...and I hope we see Jun again, too. Though we didn't see much of him, I liked him.

Does anyone know if the dialogue is different from the Japanese version?

Juuchan17
1st May 2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah, Hareta is a bit too clueless. Kind of like Goku. Sure, it's cute at first, but over time it gets a little dull.

I hope Jupiter makes an appearance, and I know Cyrus is going to show up, so I'm waiting eagerly for that...and I hope we see Jun again, too. Though we didn't see much of him, I liked him.

Does anyone know if the dialogue is different from the Japanese version?
Yeah, I agree. Exactly how old is this kid?

I hope so too . . . The TG grunts were rather dull (with exception of a certain move by Hareta . . . I'm not ashamed to admit that I LOL'd at that.), so here's hopin' that the big guns of Team Galactic make this series more interesting . . . especially Cyrus. Gah, that would be nice. XP

And yes, I want more Jun too. He's such a perv for Mitsumi. XD

And to answer your last question: I have no clue. I'm curious to know that too.

- Juuchan17

midnightslade
2nd May 2008, 6:52 PM
^^ I think Hareta is 12, being that's the age you can become a Pokemon trainer and Rowan sent Mitsumi to look for Hareta on a certain day. It'd explain his childish nature. I'd like to know how old Mitsumi is. She's much taller than Hareta and seems to be almost like a mother, so maybe she's an adult? I think Jun fits somewhere in between Hareta and Mistumi in terms of age.

Juuchan17
2nd May 2008, 10:27 PM
^^ I think Hareta is 12, being that's the age you can become a Pokemon trainer and Rowan sent Mitsumi to look for Hareta on a certain day. It'd explain his childish nature. I'd like to know how old Mitsumi is. She's much taller than Hareta and seems to be almost like a mother, so maybe she's an adult? I think Jun fits somewhere in between Hareta and Mistumi in terms of age.

Hmm . . . well, I think he's more like a 10, if you ask me. If Hareta was 12, I hope he'd be more . . . mature at least, despite his wild-child nature.

Mitsumi . . . maybe she's about 15ish? She acts much more mature than Hareta, and you're right - she does act like a mother-figure to Hareta. Also . . . by her figure, you'd think she was into puberty by now, right? (but of course . . . as we've learned in so many other manga, figure means nothing. LOL)

Jun . . . he might be about 12 - 13ish. (Which supports your theory)

Does it say ages in the book, or did I miss something when I was reading it?

- Juuchan17

midnightslade
3rd May 2008, 4:32 AM
I don't recall them ever mentioning age. It's only implied that Mitsumi is older by the way she acts.

Also, i think Mitsumi has to be at least 15, 16 because she's Rowan's assistant, and that's no kid's job.

HoennMaster
3rd May 2008, 4:18 PM
I wish I had known about this earlier, I just found out about it today on pokemon.com.

Also, amazon says September for Vol. 2

midnightslade
4th May 2008, 12:25 AM
Also, amazon says September for Vol. 2

That's new, it said July 1st when volume one was released. How disappointing.

HyperCyber
4th May 2008, 1:06 AM
I like the art style, but I don't know if it will be more "battle-orientated" or else. I would love to see PokeSup battle styles in there though.

Juuchan17
7th May 2008, 10:36 PM
I don't recall them ever mentioning age. It's only implied that Mitsumi is older by the way she acts.

Also, i think Mitsumi has to be at least 15, 16 because she's Rowan's assistant, and that's no kid's job.

You're right - they don't mention age (with exception of Rowan mentioning about him keeping Hareta in the forest with the Pokemon . . . OMG, why does this sound a bit like Tarzan or something? Is anyone else - that has at least read the first volume - noticing this as well?). I think I already mentioned that size-wise (height, I mean), Mitsumi is like a guardian to Hareta now that they're starting their journey and all . . . very Dragonball-esque, if you ask me.

Gah, now I'm going to start picturing Hareta and Mitsumi as Goku and Bulma! ohmygosh . . . gah . . . *dies*

- Juuchan17

midnightslade
7th May 2008, 10:50 PM
Other than the boy in the wild thing, I don't see the connections to Tarzan (or George of the Jungle, whichever you prefer). It's just a gimmick and I try to ignore Hareta's origin (because somehow he can speak English...)

And I never saw the Dragonball connection but, dear Lord, you struck the nail on the head. I really hope it doesn't play out too much like that, I'm hoping Mitsumi will do some battling or have some notable character progression (besides just playing hard to get with Jun). Does she have a Pokémon? I can't recall.

ShinyVaati
7th May 2008, 11:03 PM
Does anyone know where to get it, other than online? Cause I can't find it in any bookstore.

Blackjack Gabbiani
8th May 2008, 7:57 AM
Try special ordering it. My bookstore wouldn't have gotten any in either if I hadn't ordered it in advance, but an order should be easily obtained.

Healing-D-Vision
8th May 2008, 8:50 AM
I have a copy of last months Coro Coro comic, The Japanese story apparently is at it's climax, since Hareta is at Spear Pillar with Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Cyrus and.....

he(Hareta) has a Regigigas? oh, and Dialga is summoned and knocks out Regigigas, and Hareta sends out his Empoleon

and there seems to be an alternate story, since there is another chapter in the book where he meets a Shaymin, and it rescues both Hareta and Mitsumi, and what appears to be a small shipping moment (just them thanking each other for always rescuing each other, then saymin creates a beautiful flower field surrounding them)

Sorry if anyone diddn't want to know :X Might post snipets if people want them

Aaron_fan
9th May 2008, 1:01 AM
Huh...so Saturn didn't stay at the labs like in the games, then? Darn, I was hoping Hareta would see him at the headquarters again - I was wondering what he'd say to him, since the bad guys only seem to show up when the main character needs to fight them, and I find that kind of a shame. :\

Do you know how long the story goes? As in, how many chapters, total, so far?

And...I guess you could post a few snippets. The alternate story sounds kind of intriguing too. I mean, what else haven't we seen?

midnightslade
9th May 2008, 1:36 AM
If you could, next time but that in spoiler brackets. I really didn't want to know the little I did read. But I too want to know how long the series is. I hope it's not just a one-shot thing.

unown?
9th May 2008, 10:51 AM
i own a copy. i can't wait for the second! :D

Juuchan17
9th May 2008, 10:10 PM
Other than the boy in the wild thing, I don't see the connections to Tarzan (or George of the Jungle, whichever you prefer). It's just a gimmick and I try to ignore Hareta's origin (because somehow he can speak English...)

And I never saw the Dragonball connection but, dear Lord, you struck the nail on the head. I really hope it doesn't play out too much like that, I'm hoping Mitsumi will do some battling or have some notable character progression (besides just playing hard to get with Jun). Does she have a Pokémon? I can't recall.

Well, in the first chapter (note: I'm going by the English version released by VizKids . . . because I lacks in the Japanese version. Although I'd like to see if they do anything differently in its original script . . . *curious LOL*), I saw it as Hareta naturally had that natural bond with Pokemon, almost to the way that he acted more like them than a human kid that would be around his age (whatever age that may be . . . I'm still thinking he's 10-ish). But yeah, I'll join ya on that whole "ignore it" thing . . . I think it just makes him stand out as a trainer, that's all. (which it kinda does when you think about it . . .)

Don't worry - it took me a while to catch it too. (I read DB loooong before this . . . and after rereading it again, that's what I'm starting to see. Scary . . .) Clearly Mitsumi is knowledgeable of Pokemon (why else would she be Rowan's assistant?), but I don't think she has a Pokemon on her like Hareta and Jun do (Jun has two, if I remember correctly - a Starly and a Turtwig). She needs one though . . . I really don't want to see her become the "stereotypical girl always in need of help despite being smart" thing - AKA be too dependent on our reckless young hero, Hareta. Step up to the challenge, Mitsumi! *cheers*

THEORY: Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the final starter is on her once she and Hareta began on their journey . . . (it would make sense, right? If Jun has Turtwig, and Hareta has Piplup . . . eh? All works?)

- Juuchan17

Jason-Kun
16th May 2008, 12:57 PM
Dawn also has a Starly from when she ordered a starly to help Hareta. Going on that, I say she has one.

Yeti
17th May 2008, 3:58 AM
I bought Volume One and I must say it's a lovely manga! I love how much Team Galactic appears!
AND HOLY SHOOT JUPITER APPEARS?! SHOOT SON SHE'S NEVER IN ANYTHING! /fangirlmode
Yes post snippets!
PS Can't wait for Volume Two to come out ;;

Healing-D-Vision
17th May 2008, 9:34 AM
First thing's first:

I do not know how many chapters it's been, it does not say :/

I have a copy of April's and May's(last months) issue and am waiting for June's to arrive(I have a subscription) could be a few more weeks :/

another tidbit; I do not have a scanner, so all the snippets are via digital camera

WARNING, CONTAINS SPOILERS! DONT' LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!(except for the last two, as the Shaymin is what I am assuming is a filler chapter)

sinppet 1(SPOILER) (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Mr_lostit/Picture080.jpg)

Snippet 2(SPOILER) (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Mr_lostit/Picture081.jpg)

Snippet 3 (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Mr_lostit/Picture079.jpg)

Snippet 4 (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Mr_lostit/Picture083.jpg)

Enjoy...

midnightslade
17th May 2008, 7:28 PM
So... I don't get it. The Shaymin chapter occurs separately from the main story and is just there for the hell of it? Is it like a hype for the new movie or something?

Eefi
18th May 2008, 12:41 AM
I got my English-version of DP Adventure last week. I love the humor! Hareta is really funny! I feel sorry for Piplup every time Hareta throws the poke ball to call Piplup out! ^_^

Healing-D-Vision
18th May 2008, 7:03 PM
Originally posted by midnightslade
So... I don't get it. The Shaymin chapter occurs separately from the main story and is just there for the hell of it? Is it like a hype for the new movie or something?

Yes, Since it was a separate chapter than the one it initially came with. Also, in the Shaymin chapter, Hareta sill has a Piplup, whilst in the chapter later in the mag, he has an Empolean.

Kaika
18th May 2008, 9:30 PM
Eh, at first I wasn't very keen on it, the characters are drawn funny and I guess I'm just too old for some of the humor, but, it definately grew on me.

Juuchan17
23rd May 2008, 6:27 PM
I got my English-version of DP Adventure last week. I love the humor! Hareta is really funny! I feel sorry for Piplup every time Hareta throws the poke ball to call Piplup out! ^_^

Yeah, the humor's pretty good . . . for a VizKids manga. And who doesn't feel sorry for Piplup? That poor thing - I'm not sure how it manages to deal with Hareta's complete bubbleheaded-ness and all!

Oh, well - more good hope for Volume 2, yes?

Healing-D-Vision: Actually, I feel rather tempted to check out those spoilers, but they sound rather good. Typical climatic fodder, it seems to me . . . but I might take a little peekie at 'em . . . later on perhaps. LOL Usually, I'm not a fan of being spoiled, but since I'm enjoying the direction that this story is going, I may not be able to resist for much longer! (Kyaaaa.) But thanks for the images anyway! (Although the Shaymin filler story sounds interesting . . . *tempted?! oh noes*)

- Juuchan17

Empoleon 22
1st June 2008, 4:46 PM
I looked on Amazon.com yesterday and it has a picture of volume 2 and the cover lookes really cool.

Juuchan17
3rd June 2008, 11:18 PM
I looked on Amazon.com yesterday and it has a picture of volume 2 and the cover lookes really cool.

OMG . . . That cover is awesome . . . *GAH . . . dies*

Now I really can't wait to read what happens next! And . . . is that who I think it is on there . . .?

*le gasp* I think it is . . . Yeah, I'm buying it the first day I see it in the stores (I would preorder it, but I'm kinda . . . well, broke. WAH.)!

- Juuchan17

Jason-Kun
9th June 2008, 6:16 AM
OMG . . . That cover is awesome . . . *GAH . . . dies*

Now I really can't wait to read what happens next! And . . . is that who I think it is on there . . .?

*le gasp* I think it is . . . Yeah, I'm buying it the first day I see it in the stores (I would preorder it, but I'm kinda . . . well, broke. WAH.)!

- Juuchan17

You're not the only one who's broke. I have..less than a dollar to my name and I am not going to ask my parents for money. Are we sure of the date it comes out on sale yet or are we still waiting?

Aaron_fan
9th June 2008, 6:22 AM
Are we sure of the date it comes out on sale yet or are we still waiting?
Amazon says it's going to be released on September 2nd. That's...really all we got to work with, I think...I don't know when it comes to actual book stores, though - I don't know much about that kind of thing. Same day, I'm guessing?

Louispierce
9th June 2008, 7:27 PM
ZOMG volume two looks uber awesome
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/louispierce/51bTRnNfPzL__SS500_.jpg

Blackjack Gabbiani
10th June 2008, 11:04 AM
Cyrus on the cover? Interesting...

Juuchan17
18th June 2008, 12:49 AM
Cyrus on the cover? Interesting...

Indeed . . . and is it just me, or does he look rather . . . hot?

-////- . . . awkward . . .

- Juuchan17

ShinyVaati
18th June 2008, 12:55 AM
ZOMG volume two looks uber awesome
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/louispierce/51bTRnNfPzL__SS500_.jpg

meh, Riolu is the only thing that it makes it cool. Vol. 1's was better.

Aaron_fan
18th June 2008, 12:56 AM
Indeed . . . and is it just me, or does he look rather . . . hot?

-////- . . . awkward . . .

- Juuchan17
I don't know about that, but it's nice to see Cyrus not looking drunk, dead or demented.

Jason-Kun
18th June 2008, 3:37 AM
That..doesn't look like Cyrus. Last I checked Cyrus had bluish green hair, not pinkish red. Maybe it's one of the commanders?

Aaron_fan
18th June 2008, 3:40 AM
That..doesn't look like Cyrus. Last I checked Cyrus had bluish green hair, not pinkish red. Maybe it's one of the commanders?
That's just a filter effect with whacky shading. None of the known commanders have hair like that. You can see his collar. Quite frankly, it could be no one else.

Blackjack Gabbiani
18th June 2008, 11:30 AM

Last I checked, he had solid grey hair. But anyway, it's the lighting. If you notice, he's drawn entirely in red.

Juuchan17
22nd June 2008, 12:25 AM
I don't know about that, but it's nice to see Cyrus not looking drunk, dead or demented.

Well, at least he's smiling . . . unlike with other images I've seen of him. No offense, but that smile makes him cute. SRLY.

sigh . . . I have no life.

The release date seems to change a lot. I think one of the back pages of Vol. 1 said that Vol. 2 comes out in July, Amazon.com says September, and heck, I've heard a random August around here. (I think someone said it on here . . . I'm not sure.)

I'm placing my bets on July. Hopefully by then I'll have some tax money and I'll cherish my copy. Forever . . . *kyaaaaaaaaa.*

- Juuchan17

spyroflame0487
25th June 2008, 10:36 PM
Hmm.

So, this is a real thing, and TRU didn't lie to me! I thought I was just seeing things when I first picked it up.

I kinda like Hareta, he's really funny, and the inclusion of Dialga also makes me intrested. So, does this mean he'll catch a Riolu then in the next one?

Louispierce
25th June 2008, 11:53 PM
Hmm.

So, this is a real thing, and TRU didn't lie to me! I thought I was just seeing things when I first picked it up.

I kinda like Hareta, he's really funny, and the inclusion of Dialga also makes me intrested. So, does this mean he'll catch a Riolu then in the next one?

Im glad that Hareta catches a riolu.
Riolu is under used and Lucario is over used.

Juuchan17
29th June 2008, 1:11 AM
Im glad that Hareta catches a riolu.
Riolu is under used and Lucario is over used.

Agreed. Besides, I think Riolu is cuter . . . personally.

I still can't wait for this next part . . . *giddy-giddy-giddy . . . kyaaa!*

spyroflame0487: Yeah, Hareta's funny, but I just hope he doesn't go too silly . . . only because that might be to the point of being stupid.

(Oh, wait . . . this is actually marketed to children! Well . . . at least most kids could probably relate to his total-high-energy personality and all. Well, gosh darn it!

. . . . wait, wait wait . . .

. . . .

. . . .

This is marketed . . . to children . . .

Did anyone notice anything that might possibly be not kid-friendly in the first volume other than me? (Just wondering if it was just me . . .)

O______O; You know, I think my brain just exploded.)

- Juuchan17

Aaron_fan
29th June 2008, 2:25 AM
I'm pretty sure Hareta's going to serious up soon, and...I'm kind of getting sick of the Lucario line, but better Riolu for now then Lucario immediately.

It's really not that much of a big deal, Juuchan. Really the only thing that kind of shocked me was when the Galactic grunt ordered a Poison Sting when Hareta was all bundled up. Those needle things looked about half a foot long, just stuck in him everywhere like a voodoo doll.

Louispierce
29th June 2008, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know if there has been an official release date fir this yet as in the back of vol 1 it ses july on amazon it ses sept and on the bookdepositry it ses august.

SmartD
29th June 2008, 5:13 PM
How come Palkia is never mentioned in the manga? Will it appear later on?

Louispierce
29th June 2008, 10:30 PM
How come Palkia is never mentioned in the manga? Will it appear later on?

i hope so i like him/her miles more than Dialga.

mudkip12
30th June 2008, 8:33 AM
Does anyone know if this will or already has been released in the UK? It looks awesome but i cant find it in any bookshops.

Louispierce
1st July 2008, 10:37 PM
Does anyone know if this will or already has been released in the UK? It
looks awesome but i cant find it in any bookshops.

I Live in England and have it. Im not sure weather its out in the bookshops
because iv not seen it in any but if you go here
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBSITE/WWW/WEBPAGES/showbook.php?id=1421522861
And buy it from a Uk website for Ł3.69 With free delivery Wich for a manga is realy cheep. They are usaly delivered in about
4-5 days and are delivered in a enverlope with bubblerap in so no chance of dammage i highly recogmend
buying it from here. Its were i get all my manga from and They have never let me down.

Hope this helps.

-Louispierce

mudkip12
3rd July 2008, 4:45 PM
^ thanks i'l try it, it looks really cool.

Louispierce
3rd July 2008, 6:14 PM
I went to a toykopop manga recon last night and blew all my money on manga but found Ł5 at school today so im gonna preorder volume two of D/P adventures later

Saiyan1415
7th July 2008, 6:55 AM
Well, in the first chapter (note: I'm going by the English version released by VizKids . . . because I lacks in the Japanese version. Although I'd like to see if they do anything differently in its original script . . . *curious LOL*), I saw it as Hareta naturally had that natural bond with Pokemon, almost to the way that he acted more like them than a human kid that would be around his age (whatever age that may be . . . I'm still thinking he's 10-ish). But yeah, I'll join ya on that whole "ignore it" thing . . . I think it just makes him stand out as a trainer, that's all. (which it kinda does when you think about it . . .)

Don't worry - it took me a while to catch it too. (I read DB loooong before this . . . and after rereading it again, that's what I'm starting to see. Scary . . .) Clearly Mitsumi is knowledgeable of Pokemon (why else would she be Rowan's assistant?), but I don't think she has a Pokemon on her like Hareta and Jun do (Jun has two, if I remember correctly - a Starly and a Turtwig). She needs one though . . . I really don't want to see her become the "stereotypical girl always in need of help despite being smart" thing - AKA be too dependent on our reckless young hero, Hareta. Step up to the challenge, Mitsumi! *cheers*

THEORY: Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the final starter is on her once she and Hareta began on their journey . . . (it would make sense, right? If Jun has Turtwig, and Hareta has Piplup . . . eh? All works?)

- Juuchan17

I'm only gonna answer the mitsumi's pokemon question:
2 days ago I saw the book when I followed my brother into the kids section of Barnes and Noble. At the end of the book it talks about the second book coming out and it says something about the continuation of hareta, mitsumi, and jun's journey to find dialga, with their friends : piplup, turtwig, and starly. That means that the starly that mitsumi used to fight the onix is hers.

Magical Pokemon
23rd July 2008, 6:59 PM
I am so excited, I enjoyed the first volume a lot.

Faerie
7th August 2008, 10:53 PM
It's a little odd, but I like it. I recently bought the first volume, and I liked it enough to buy the second one. By that time I'm sure it will have grown on me even more.

What I really appreciate is the fact that they didn't follow the games to a perfect T. The characters have different personalities, there are a lot of TG-related events that aren't in the games (which I greatly appreciated), and the gym battles are a lot less traditional. I especially liked Jun.

Juuchan17
10th August 2008, 2:32 AM
To Saiyan1415: I get your point. We all know Mitsumi's got a Starly, but it's only common sense that she would also have the final starter. It's a canon thing in the games, as well as in other manga based on D/P . . . so, it's just an obvious thing I suppose.

UPDATE: Thanks to a very great friend of mine on Live Journal, we have the cover for Vol. 3!

DP Adventure! - Vol. 3 (http://www.simonsays.com/content/destination.cfm?tab=1&pid=637427#see_all_books)

Yeah, this looks predictable . . . and somewhat curious. Any other thoughts?

- Juuchan17

spyroflame0487
17th August 2008, 8:55 PM
XP..has anyone actually seen Volume 2 out? It said August, and..it being the 17th already, I was wondering about it. But, I've never read that many Manga's, so...I don't know exactly how the release dates goes for these..

Aaron_fan
17th August 2008, 8:57 PM
Volume 2 is coming out on September 2nd, I believe. That's what it says on Amazon, anyway.

Louispierce
20th August 2008, 12:12 AM
To Saiyan1415: I get your point. We all know Mitsumi's got a Starly, but it's only common sense that she would also have the final starter. It's a canon thing in the games, as well as in other manga based on D/P . . . so, it's just an obvious thing I suppose.

UPDATE: Thanks to a very great friend of mine on Live Journal, we have the cover for Vol. 3!

DP Adventure! - Vol. 3 (http://www.simonsays.com/content/destination.cfm?tab=1&pid=637427#see_all_books)

Yeah, this looks predictable . . . and somewhat curious. Any other thoughts?

- Juuchan17

Im thinking that it is gonna be the cover as its on the book depositery and amazon now

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1421525747/thebookdeposi-21/
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBSITE/WWW/WEBPAGES/showbook.php?id=1421525747

Munchlaxy
20th August 2008, 12:39 AM
Hrm, I was able to find volume two at Otakon for $5 back on the 9th....

They also had the individual chapters of pokemon adventures in english..... I got two for $3.50, but they didn't have all of them and I'd already read most.

Anyway, I really liked Volume 2, and I think they did a great job with the characters and making it different than the games and other Pokemon manga.

Louispierce
20th August 2008, 12:53 AM
Hrm, I was able to find volume two at Otakon for $5 back on the 9th....

They also had the individual chapters of pokemon adventures in english..... I got two for $3.50, but they didn't have all of them and I'd already read most.

Anyway, I really liked Volume 2, and I think they did a great job with the characters and making it different than the games and other Pokemon manga.

wah u have vol 2 can u post some pics and scans plzzzzzzz i will be so greatfull ill give u a cookie <3

Munchlaxy
20th August 2008, 7:51 AM
wah u have vol 2 can u post some pics and scans plzzzzzzz i will be so greatfull ill give u a cookie <3

Yeah sure. It might take a few days for me to dig out my scanner though.

Oh, and I guess it might be a spoiler......

.... but yeah, she has an infernape.
Looks pretty cool too. She was also a higher up in Team Galactic

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th August 2008, 8:13 AM
Yeah, spoiler tags are there for a reason you know.

Also how come they have the cover for 3 when 2 isn't even in wide release yet?

hmmm
20th August 2008, 9:23 AM
i havent read the manga, but i was hoping to start when d/p came around to my neck of the woods

Juuchan17
20th August 2008, 8:37 PM
Yeah, spoiler tags are there for a reason you know.

Also how come they have the cover for 3 when 2 isn't even in wide release yet?

*figured as such . . . XD* But yeah, spoiler tags are good for stuff like that, 'kay?

You know, I have no idea. The cover bores me though, but I have many, many questions . . . *envious at Munchlaxy*

*seconds for a couple of scans* XP

- Juuchan17

hiou2
20th August 2008, 9:59 PM
I have read volume one but am waiting on wolume 2 now and I wanna just say I love this series, I am a newbie to manga but I am hooked (well, to this and bleach)

Magical Pokemon
24th August 2008, 12:56 AM
Does anybody know anything about this second volume, storywise?

spitboy56
24th August 2008, 2:59 AM
Yeah, well, I'm sick of fans trashing on the other Pokemon mangas just because they don't have the 'Pokemon Special' label on the cover. >:/ you aren't the ONLY one

Juuchan17
25th August 2008, 8:39 PM
Does anybody know anything about this second volume, storywise?

Well, this was the quick summary posted on the official Viz Media page for the second volume: Hareta, Mitsumi and their Pokémon friends continue on their quest to find Dialga, the Legendary Pokémon that rules time!

As they journey through the land of Sinnoh, Hareta and his partner Piplup grow stronger every day--while ruining Team Galactic's schemes and getting into plenty of Pokémon battles along the way!

In Celestic Town, they come across the first major clue to Dialga's whereabouts but discover that Cyrus, Team Galactic's boss, has beat them to it. After battling with Cyrus, Hareta's even more determined to improve his skills as a Trainer. Luckily, he meets just the man to help him do it: Canalave City Gym Leader Byron, one of the toughest teachers in all of Sinnoh. Will Hareta and Piplup be able to pass Byron's test at the Fortress of Steel?
So yeah, I hope that helps set the setting for the next volume . . . (two more weeks! YAY!)

(edit: Actually, a friend of mine on LJ has her copy of Vol. 2, (she's gonna have a couple of scans too) so I might have more "spoiler-cut" stuff for you guys . . . I mean, if you want them, that is . . .)

- Juuchan17

Faerie
25th August 2008, 9:36 PM
Hareta, Mitsumi and their Pokémon friends continue on their quest to find Dialga, the Legendary Pokémon that rules time!

As they journey through the land of Sinnoh, Hareta and his partner Piplup grow stronger every day--while ruining Team Galactic's schemes and getting into plenty of Pokémon battles along the way!

In Celestic Town, they come across the first major clue to Dialga's whereabouts but discover that Cyrus, Team Galactic's boss, has beat them to it. After battling with Cyrus, Hareta's even more determined to improve his skills as a Trainer. Luckily, he meets just the man to help him do it: Canalave City Gym Leader Byron, one of the toughest teachers in all of Sinnoh. Will Hareta and Piplup be able to pass Byron's test at the Fortress of Steel?
That makes a lot more sense than what I thought in the first place. Seeing the cover of Volume 2, I thought that the Spear Pillar events were going to happen in that volume.

But since it seems like the next event is just a skirmish with Akagi, I can understand why there are already 4 volumes out. (I think I saw volume 5 at Japanese bookstore, but I can't be sure...) I'm kind of anxious to see the battle between Akagi and Hareta - even if it's just a short introduction-type battle, it'll still be interesting because Akagi is so strong. I don't see how Hareta could possibly win.

As for later volumes, I think the other Legendaries might get involved at Spear Pillar, just because it's such an important, potentially world-changing event. That would explain why we saw Deoxys on the cover of V4 and Sheimi in a manga scan...

Juuchan17
25th August 2008, 11:08 PM
That makes a lot more sense than what I thought in the first place. Seeing the cover of Volume 2, I thought that the Spear Pillar events were going to happen in that volume.

But since it seems like the next event is just a skirmish with Akagi, I can understand why there are already 4 volumes out. (I think I saw volume 5 at Japanese bookstore, but I can't be sure...) I'm kind of anxious to see the battle between Akagi and Hareta - even if it's just a short introduction-type battle, it'll still be interesting because Akagi is so strong. I don't see how Hareta could possibly win.

As for later volumes, I think the other Legendaries might get involved at Spear Pillar, just because it's such an important, potentially world-changing event. That would explain why we saw Deoxys on the cover of V4 and Sheimi in a manga scan...

Nah - I don't think Viz would gip us like that, so it's a good thing. I, too, am curious to see how well (or badly, as it seems based on the summary) Hareta can handle his first encounter and battle with Akagi/Cyrus (Bah, I like his US name better . . . but either way, he's still hot XD), and see what he plans to do about getting stronger and all. So yeah, my earlier theory of this series being like Dragonball seems to be flushing down the toilet. XD (Or is it? *ponders*)

But yeah, Deoxys is gonna be on the cover of the third volume release for the US . . . but your theory about having the other Legendaries getting involved kinda makes sense. One can only hope we get to see that Shaymin story here in the US, because that would be cute. (LUV Shaymin, IMO . . .)

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess . . . but at least I like where this is heading!

- Juuchan17

Maxim
27th August 2008, 8:40 AM
I have Volume 3 and 4 in Japanese (but I don't have Vol. 2). It's very Ginga-centered. Gym Leaders apparently fight against Ginga. And everyone in that manga is ****in' powerful (Hareta catches Regigigas, Suzuna/Candice catches three other Regis). Mitsumi apparently betrays Hareta and becomes a new Ginga Admin. She has a bunch of powerful Pokemon. And the Sheimi chapter is just a side story. It has no bearing on the plot and it seems to take place before Mitsumi's betrayal. Huh, I'm starting to love Mitsumi, she's just an evil *****

Juuchan17
27th August 2008, 10:47 PM
I have Volume 3 and 4 in Japanese (but I don't have Vol. 2). It's very Ginga-centered. Gym Leaders apparently fight against Ginga. And everyone in that manga is ****in' powerful (Hareta catches Regigigas, Suzuna/Candice catches three other Regis). Mitsumi apparently betrays Hareta and becomes a new Ginga Admin. She has a bunch of powerful Pokemon. And the Sheimi chapter is just a side story. It has no bearing on the plot and it seems to take place before Mitsumi's betrayal. Huh, I'm starting to love Mitsumi, she's just an evil *****

Well, would it be sad if I said that I figured as much? XD

Based on what I've read/heard so far, I could see that happening with Mitsumi (Heck, I like her too. She's like the character that you would never expect to switch sides, no?).

By the way, Cyrus is crazy-odd in his debut in Vol. 2 (based on a couple of scans that I've seen). As usual, he's all for his goal of using Dialga to become the god of this new world he wants so badly (or as my friend and I call it, "God-Spazzing" . . . lol), but he's not exactly emotionless as he seems in the games or in PokeSpe (well, based on what I've read in the summaries on the site of course). He seems more . . . eh, over-emotional, you may say?

But yeah. Who doesn't love a series that really shows the baddies a lot? Besides, I like the Ginga-Dan in this form - they're interesting and so much better than old Team Rocket. XD *gets bashed by Rocket supporters*

And yeah, a summary for the upcoming Vol. 3 is up on Amazon now, too (including the really . . . eh, interesting(?) cover - NOTE: the summary may spoil readers!) and supposedly, it's not coming out until February 2009 . . . (Why such a long wait? omg. This series is worth the wait)

Gah, I envy you, Maxim. Too bad you can't scan any of it . . . (because that would make my day. Seriously.) or at least spill where you got it from . . .

*sigh*

- Juuchan17

Maxim
28th August 2008, 2:16 PM
Gah, I envy you, Maxim. Too bad you can't scan any of it . . . (because that would make my day. Seriously.) or at least spill where you got it from . . .

Well, I bought the books from Grimsg. She actually also ships Japanese mangas.

Anyway, is Volume 5 out already? I've seen it in several online stores but none of them had the cover picture. It seems like it's already available for Pre-Order but not out yet (but it's only my conclusion).

Anyway, what characters appear in Volume 2? Do we see any "Normal Trainers" (just like those from Gonbe chapter)?

Juuchan17
28th August 2008, 10:47 PM
Well, I bought the books from Grimsg. She actually also ships Japanese mangas.

Anyway, is Volume 5 out already? I've seen it in several online stores but none of them had the cover picture. It seems like it's already available for Pre-Order but not out yet (but it's only my conclusion).

Anyway, what characters appear in Volume 2? Do we see any "Normal Trainers" (just like those from Gonbe chapter)?

Ooh, that sounds great! Is the price pretty decent? *hook me up plz? & begs*

I have no idea on both of those questions. Although, I know that I should be getting my own copy of Vol. 2 within the next couple of days (maybe tomorrow if the mail's on my side! YAY, thank you amazon.com!), so I'll be able to tell you something.

Although I do know . . . that apparently Hareta and Mitsumi go to a Pokemon Contest and Hareta first meets Cyrus . . . I only know this via my friend's entry about Vol. 2, but I heard that he dresses rather good in a suit at this first encounter. ^////^ Any other stuff, I have no idea . . . except that Jun returns when Jupiter, Saturn and Cyrus go three-on-three or something like that . . . I'll have to get back with you on that, okay?

- Juuchan17

Louispierce
28th August 2008, 10:54 PM
Ooh, that sounds great! Is the price pretty decent? *hook me up plz? & begs*

I have no idea on both of those questions. Although, I know that I should be getting my own copy of Vol. 2 within the next couple of days (maybe tomorrow if the mail's on my side! YAY, thank you amazon.com!), so I'll be able to tell you something.

Although I do know . . . that apparently Hareta and Mitsumi go to a Pokemon Contest and Hareta first meets Cyrus . . . I only know this via my friend's entry about Vol. 2, but I heard that he dresses rather good in a suit at this first encounter. ^////^ Any other stuff, I have no idea . . . except that Jun returns when Jupiter, Saturn and Cyrus go three-on-three or something like that . . . I'll have to get back with you on that, okay?

- Juuchan17

I take it that you preorderd it to. I hope mine comes soon

Juuchan17
28th August 2008, 11:05 PM
I take it that you preorderd it to. I hope mine comes soon

Actually, no. I bought mine two days ago and got word that it's heading my way at this moment! (YAY.) If I'm lucky, my copy will be here tomorrow!

Good luck! Based on what I've learned of this volume, it's worth the extra cost of shipping! :D

- Juuchan17

Louispierce
29th August 2008, 11:46 AM
i just got it this morning and have nearly finished. its lots better than vol 1

Douger
30th August 2008, 7:03 PM
Ack, I'm trying sooo hard not to read the spoilers! :)

I only have volume one, and it's honestly a whole lot better than the anime.
It's much more realistic, and funnier too.

It's not the same thing in every volume like; Ash and his friends were adventuring along going to fight the next gym leader and OH NO! IT'S TEAM ROCKET IN A STUPID DISGUISE ASH AND HIS FRIENDS ARE TOO STUPID TO SEE THROUGH AND THEY WANT PIKACHU! "Pikachu, use thunderbolt on that electric-proof machine!"

lol I love the manga, and sorry if I sound stupid I only have 3 manga books. :D

Hareta is awesome.

Faerie
30th August 2008, 7:59 PM
I'm going to order volume 2 today, but from what I've seen of the scans and quotes, it looks GREAT. The plot is actually more interesting than the games. (I never thought I'd say that about this manga.) I'm glad that all three of the commanders are getting attention. In the anime, only one ever appears. Cyrus actually looks awesome (although he seems a little too...I don't know, not emotionless).

Louispierce
30th August 2008, 9:56 PM
Wooo My Copy Came Yesterday.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/louispierce/DSCN4645.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/louispierce/DSCN4648.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/louispierce/DSCN4649.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/louispierce/DSCN4650.jpg

Sorry I Cant Do Scans I Dont Have A Scanner.

rocky505
31st August 2008, 6:17 AM
volume 2 is excellent but they went too far with the galactic butt stuff.

Healing-D-Vision
31st August 2008, 11:09 PM
@Maxim:

I have a subscription to the Japanese CoroCroro mags themselves. and get the latest chapters. Nobody seemed to want more pictures since I posted the last one(the one you said in your spoiler)

Some major(ish) spoilers:

I can say that the story has shifted from Galactic, Dialga and Palkia and has gone to the Sinnoh League Championships, where the first battle you ses is Mutsumi vs. Cynthia which is an awesome battle.

We also meet a new character who I assume is from the Hoenn region (with evidence of his Absol and metagross) his name is "Kouya" (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Mr_lostit/Picture001-1.jpg), and did I mention he's a total douchebag? (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Mr_lostit/Picture002-1.jpg)

Yeti
2nd September 2008, 5:45 AM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/louispierce/DSCN4649.jpg
FHFHKSKAKAK TOP LEFT CORNER IS MASSIVE :V

I've got mine ordered... man I love this manga.

Someone who has it... do Saturn and Jupiter appear in this volume?? Poor neglected Jupiter never appears in anything =(

Aaron_fan
2nd September 2008, 6:07 AM
Someone who has it... do Saturn and Jupiter appear in this volume?? Poor neglected Jupiter never appears in anything =(
Yes, Jupiter appears, Saturn too. They show up near the middle of the volume, and don't really do much, but Jupiter does have a battle with Mitsumi.

Maxim
2nd September 2008, 2:04 PM
@Maxim:

I have a subscription to the Japanese CoroCroro mags themselves. and get the latest chapters. Nobody seemed to want more pictures since I posted the last one(the one you said in your spoiler)

Some major(ish) spoilers:

I can say that the story has shifted from Galactic, Dialga and Palkia and has gone to the Sinnoh League Championships, where the first battle you ses is Mutsumi vs. Cynthia which is an awesome battle.

We also meet a new character who I assume is from the Hoenn region (with evidence of his Absol and metagross) his name is "Kouya" (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Mr_lostit/Picture001-1.jpg), and did I mention he's a total douchebag? (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Mr_lostit/Picture002-1.jpg)

OMG! Awesome I want more pictures! Can I have Shirona?

The story has shifted from Ginga? So, what happened to Mitsumi? Is she still a Ginga Member, or did it end up with a clichéd "I have always been on your side."?

Anyway, thanks for a Kouya pic, I heard something about him at Japanese Wikipedia Article about this manga. Cool. Though I don't see his team as an evidence that he's from Houen. Ginga Admins have also used Pokemon which are not in Shin'ou Dex. Ihara does not seem to follow the game's Dex rules. Just like the anime...

So, the Pokemon League in that manga is a tournament? So, do we see Elite Four at all? And do we see Denji? The Wikipedia Article has no word about him.

Pics and Info will be appreciated.

Juuchan17
2nd September 2008, 10:30 PM
Maxim: LOL - teh spoiler tag is a FAIL. XD

But yeah, I've read Vol. 2 like, . . . . five + times, and it just gets better and better each read! Too bad we have to wait until Feb. 2009 for the next volume (in English) . . . .

*sigh*

And since I can't help myself, I luff to be spoiled. XD You are awesome, Healing-D-Vision! *glomps despite envy*

- Juuchan17

Healing-D-Vision
4th September 2008, 7:30 AM
@Maxim:

Spoiler tags reveal some stuff asked:

I started collecting the mags just as the final battle between Cyrus and Dialga and Hareta and Regigigas.

It does not say how or why Mitsumi had a change of heart(it does not say in the issues I have) (most likely of hareta, I suspect).

during the battle, Mitsumi makes a return with all the gym leader (except for Denji/Volkner which is very weird. because like I said, as soon as the battle is over, it goes straight to the League championships.

Which start out with a battle between Shirona and Mitsumi (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Mr_lostit/Picture025.jpg) which looks to be an awesome battle (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Mr_lostit/Picture027-1.jpg) as with the intensity in their eyes. (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Mr_lostit/Picture026-1.jpg)

Mitsumi forfeits the match by the way, not sure why. As you saw in the previous spoiler, Kouya defeats Jun with one pokemon, and with one attack. Which Jun tries to congratulate him, Kouya simply tells Jun to stop beinbg a trainer cause he's weak. (douchebag)

next we see hareta in his first match against none other than Flint/Ouba. (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Mr_lostit/Picture028.jpg) Hareta wins, by the way and goes on to the next round. That was all in August's issue(which came out in July)

The one fatal flaw about this subscription, they come a month late >_<!!

Typhoon77
4th September 2008, 7:33 AM
Maxim: LOL - teh spoiler tag is a FAIL. XD

But yeah, I've read Vol. 2 like, . . . . five + times, and it just gets better and better each read! Too bad we have to wait until Feb. 2009 for the next volume (in English) . . . .

- Juuchan17
Are you serious? :[ I got volume one and took a glimpse at number two, so the third one won come out to next year? Or what vol. does it leave off on?

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th September 2008, 10:11 AM
So vol 2 was cool, but crap, did they have to cut three gym battles down to three pages? And not even three pages *each* mind you.

Also, Riolu hatching after like five minutes was pretty pathetic. And if Riley wanted to beat the Onix so badly, why didn't he haul out Lucario? Type advantage and all.

But HOLY CRAP. He's about as removed from the games as anime Giovanni is to game Giovanni, but I REALLY like this Cyrus. Although I wonder what he was doing at the contest. Even this version of him doesn't seem the sort to go to one randomly. And in a suit no less.

As with pretty much any version of Cyrus, his age seems to vary depending on what he's doing. I wonder if they even *have* a canon age, or even a range, for him, since he seems to go from 20s to 60s at the blink of an eye.

And yes, this WAS the comic I had. I got an issue of something aaaages ago and all I remember of the mysterious Pokemon comic in it was that Cyrus was fighting someone on a rickety bridge.

Say, I have a question about translation. When Cyrus says "The sacrifice of thousands, even tens of thousands, of pokémon means nothing!", the background shows a graveyard. Was he *really* only talking about pokémon?

(also dammit blackjack, stop shipping Cyrus with your original NON POKEMON villian.)

Juuchan17
4th September 2008, 9:08 PM
So vol 2 was cool, but crap, did they have to cut three gym battles down to three pages? And not even three pages *each* mind you.

Also, Riolu hatching after like five minutes was pretty pathetic. And if Riley wanted to beat the Onix so badly, why didn't he haul out Lucario? Type advantage and all.

But HOLY CRAP. He's about as removed from the games as anime Giovanni is to game Giovanni, but I REALLY like this Cyrus. Although I wonder what he was doing at the contest. Even this version of him doesn't seem the sort to go to one randomly. And in a suit no less.

As with pretty much any version of Cyrus, his age seems to vary depending on what he's doing. I wonder if they even *have* a canon age, or even a range, for him, since he seems to go from 20s to 60s at the blink of an eye.

And yes, this WAS the comic I had. I got an issue of something aaaages ago and all I remember of the mysterious Pokemon comic in it was that Cyrus was fighting someone on a rickety bridge.

Say, I have a question about translation. When Cyrus says "The sacrifice of thousands, even tens of thousands, of pokémon means nothing!", the background shows a graveyard. Was he *really* only talking about pokémon?

(also dammit blackjack, stop shipping Cyrus with your original NON POKEMON villian.)
I think the only reason they did that was to get ready for the main event of the volume, with the debut of oh-so-scary-god-spazzing-Ginga-bossie Cyrus. (Heck, I'm glad that Roark at least got more pages than most of the others anyway - he's so awesome. XD . . . gah, I'm such a dork.)

As for the Riolu thing, I thought that was far too quick and rushed also. (I wish that could happen in my games when I hatch eggs - one battle and CRACK! Egg hatch'd! bwahaha.) And I guess Riley could have helped out (or Lucario could have figured it out itself, being so good at sensing danger and whatnot . . . am I right?), but meh, he's not the star of the manga - Hareta is (major-dorkus).

And I agree - this Cyrus is much more . . . eh, likeable? (durr, he's evil, but awesomely evil, in a good way!) Not to mention quite trendy lookin' in the longer vest (it's hawt. . . . Ok, stop it plz.) and that suit . . . XD (Who would've thought that bad guys actually like contests? *shrugs*) But yeah, how old is he? (I'm guessing somewhere in the 30s or 40s . . . probably no older than early 50s at best)

And as for the statement on the bridge: I really don't know what he really meant, but I think they might have meant everyone, Pokemon included . . . stupid translators, yes? (It would have made more sense that way, based on his JP name that means "red future" and his whole major goal of wanting to become a god and have his own world and such . . .)

Aw, Cyrus-shipping of any kind is always fun. XD (Personally, I'd like to ship him with me, but . . . ^/////^ I'll stop spamming now . . .)

- Juuchan17

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th September 2008, 11:07 PM
Even if he *does* mean just Pokémon, he's cutting that number awfully short.

We had a discussion on LJ about how old Cyrus is, and I think the replies ranged from "disturbingly young, like 20" to late 40s. Which would still make drawing him as an old man inappropiate.

Although speaking of old men, anyone catch Cynthia's grandmother getting interested in Rowen?

Aaron_fan
4th September 2008, 11:29 PM
Although speaking of old men, anyone catch Cynthia's grandmother getting interested in Rowen?
I did. I thought it was very amusing for some reason.

I'm wondering about the grave scene as well, and if any lines were changed throughout the volume. Does anyone have the Japanese version?

I can...somewhat understand if the reason they decided to cut out three Gym matches was so they wanted to focus more on the story, moving along, you know, but I thought all of the Gym Leaders were going to have a chapter to themselves...
Um. How many volumes is this series anyway? Five?

Now I'm wondering if they have a set age for Cyrus too. For any of Galactic members, really. Or...anyone at all. I think all the commanders look slightly older here then in the Sugimori art, which I rather like. I don't know, I just don't see the whole Mars-is-a-teenager thing... -random-

I quite like this Cyrus as well. I hardly even know why, probably because he's so different from Special and the game, with all the emotions he displays. Then again, they're all rather different, aren't they? I mean, Mars seems rather calm here, whereas in the games she was whining a lot, and Jupiter's a complete fanatic whereas her game-self was cool and collected. It's like they switched personalities or something.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to February. This series is very neat.

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th September 2008, 12:57 AM
Jupiter in here looks like she's in her mid 40s, while Saturn looks like early 20s. In the games I got the impression that they were *all* in their 20s.

Yeti
5th September 2008, 2:34 AM
I got the impression the commanders were all in their 20's in the game too. Mars looked older in volume one than she did in the games, I'd say she's a different age than Saturn and Jupiter who I'd place as the same age, at the least. In volume two they look different ages though. Maybe the anime will enlighten us when they get around to appearing haha.
Cyrus could be anywhere lol... he looks so different depending on what he appears in xD I go with he's in his 30's for the most part.

Interesting they changed their personalities though.. artistic license I guess.

Man February can't come soon enough... though it seems like the story's rushing along almost. They could slow down a bit it seems, but if they're trying to keep the series short... Maybe I'm just not used to manga pacing lol.

Sir Marly
5th September 2008, 4:12 AM
So far I've only read Vol. 2. I didn't like Jupiter she looks old and creepy...
I would have preferred at least a page from each gym battle...
Maylene <3

uber gon
5th September 2008, 4:38 AM
I was surprised Mitsumi had a Leafeon and an Infernape. What's next Hareta with a Mismagius?

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th September 2008, 5:14 AM
I couldn't help myself (http://i36.*******.com/2easdi1.jpg). Text from Excel Saga vol 1.

Juuchan17
5th September 2008, 9:55 PM
I couldn't help myself (http://i36.*******.com/2easdi1.jpg). Text from Excel Saga vol 1.

I

Love

You.

XD (And it worked so well with Cyrus too! OMG . . .)

And yeah, I also noticed Cynthia's grandmother hitting on Rowan. That was a nice laugh. (Also, I'd like to see that happening in the future . . . perhaps it could actually work out?)

But what about the possibility of Jun and Mitsumi hooking up? (Since when they first met in Ch. 3 of Vol. 1, he instantly hit on her . . . although it's kinda obvious that she's much older than he is. Based on her own reactions, she's smart enough to try and repel him. ROFL.) Let's discuss . . .

- Juuchan17

uber gon
5th September 2008, 10:27 PM
I doubt Jun/Matsumi will work out.

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th September 2008, 3:38 AM
I

Love

You.

XD (And it worked so well with Cyrus too! OMG . . .)

I had the idea a while ago and was *really* hoping I'd be able to make it from vol 2.

On another note, going back to what we were saying about ages, Fantina is refered to as "gramma" (and gets mad), but she looks younger than Jupiter, whose age isn't talked about. I mean, that's kinda good, given that evil older women in these comics are usually the target of ridicule for their age and supposed vanity...maybe it's because Jupiter's self-centeredness isn't about her looks at all, but about her goal and her part in the organization.

koolhk
6th September 2008, 7:14 AM
Could someone please show me one or two manga scans of Mitsumi's electivire. I just really want to see him in it! :)

spyroflame0487
10th September 2008, 1:52 AM
I just have a quick question. Where is everyone picking them up at?

I've been trying Toys R Us..but..I've been unsuccesful in finding Volume 2....-__-...

Blackjack Gabbiani
10th September 2008, 11:11 AM
I got mine at Barnes & Noble. I special ordered it, but they wound up having a bunch of copies anyway.

Faerie
11th September 2008, 1:06 AM
Volume 2 finally came! I ordered it more than a week ago. The waiting was driving me nuts.

I really liked this one. I do have some complaints, but it's still quite good. The plot is far enough from the games to keep me interested.

Jun was perfect as always. I'm amazed at how well he's characterized in this manga. And even though I don't like the pairing in the games, his crush on Mitsumi is always fun. It was also interesting to see the interaction between them when Hareta wasn't around. He seems to get in the way of that kind of thing.

I was kind of annoyed that the kept the butt joke running. I mean, it's getting a little old - either get over it or have some other grunts do the work. That guy seems to be the head of the grunt population, though, so I'm sure he'll be with us 'till the end. Oh well.

Byron's gym was also really creative. I liked how it was set up to test the trainer as well as the Pokemon. But I was sorely disappointed that they only had three pages for the Maylene, Wake - I mean Crasher Wake, and Fantina battles! And Maylene was only in one panel and a chapter footer. How sad...

And now onto the stuff that has to do with the plot.

Team Galactic was pretty awesome. I had zero objections to Saturn and Jupiter. Jupiter's personality was changed a little, but it wasn't enough to make her a completely different person. It seemed natural, for some reason.

The battle between Jupiter and Mitsumi was especially fun, considering the dynamic between the two. I love seeing Jupiter's nasty side, which I've always known was there. I was disappointed that Saturn didn't do anything, but he knows Jupiter well enough not to get involved in her business, so it's forgivable.

This goes against everything the other people in this thread have said, but I don't like this Cyrus at all. He displays his emotions way more readily, and acts more stereotypical-villain-ish. I would be OK with that if he didn't claim that he'd thrown his emotions away, but he did. Yeah, great job you did with that, Cyrus. And what the hell? No eyebrows?

Mitsumi's relationship with Team Galactic is also fascinating. I want to know more, and now...My Akatsukishipping senses are tingling!

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th September 2008, 11:04 AM
Well, even in the games where he says that, it's still really REALLY obvious that he has them. Sentimentality even, given the whole Sunyshore thing.

Faerie
12th September 2008, 12:49 AM
Well, even in the games where he says that, it's still really REALLY obvious that he has them. Sentimentality even, given the whole Sunyshore thing.I'd have to say that it's even more glaringly obvious in the manga. I know it's a thing in this kind of manga that people react strongly to everything (lots of exclamation points), but for a character like him it's unnecessary.

And that may be true, but what is there in Sunyshore that would even help them at all? Team Galactic was only in three cities - Veilstone (their HQ's location), Eterna (has the statue and their Eterna branch), and Celestic (the cave).

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th September 2008, 5:32 AM
Gateway to the League? Innovative power? Heck, even just money.

Maxim
14th September 2008, 2:21 PM
I have a request.

To anyone who has Volume 2.

In the Volume 2, Shirona's (Cynthia's) Grandma, the Kannagi Town Elder appears, right? Can I have a scan of her?

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th September 2008, 12:39 AM
She's great, she has eyes for Rowen.

I'll see what I can do.

koolhk
16th September 2008, 9:58 AM
She's great, she has eyes for Rowen.

I'll see what I can do.

I doubt it because its currently only in Japanese but do you have Volume 4?

Blackjack Gabbiani
16th September 2008, 11:31 AM
Nope.

Anyway, I realized something about vol 2, and it's a big thing.

Hareta fights Cyrus somewhere outside Celestic Town. He jumps off the bridge and winds up being washed to Canalave.
But look at a map of Sinnoh. WHERE would that bridge have to be to get him in ANY body of water that connects with the one outside Canalave?

...also during that battle, Cyrus mentions Piplup's HP. I found that funny since you rarely hear anyone mention game mechanics outside the *game*. But it's kinda nice, since in the game, such things are discussed with abandon, so it's good to see that branching off into the spinoffs.

uber gon
17th September 2008, 2:15 AM
Nope.

Hareta fights Cyrus somewhere outside Celestic Town. He jumps off the bridge and winds up being washed to Canalave.
But look at a map of Sinnoh. WHERE would that bridge have to be to get him in ANY body of water that connects with the one outside Canalave?

Maybe Hareta got swept up by some disturbingly fast current.

Munchlaxy
17th September 2008, 5:36 AM
Maybe Hareta got swept up by some disturbingly fast current.

Could be a weird, super-rainy season..... >_>

Juuchan17
17th September 2008, 11:51 PM
Nope.

...also during that battle, Cyrus mentions Piplup's HP. I found that funny since you rarely hear anyone mention game mechanics outside the *game*. But it's kinda nice, since in the game, such things are discussed with abandon, so it's good to see that branching off into the spinoffs.

You know, I should have noticed that . . . but you're right. Maybe's its just some weird manga thing that the artist flopped on. (Meh, everyone makes mistakes, yes?)

(However, there is a bridge under Cycling Road, but I sincerely doubt that that is it . . . Other than that, I've got nothing. *shrugs*)

As for the HP thing, that does seem like a good thing to mention, even in a manga spin-off based on the game.

- Juuchan17

uber gon
18th September 2008, 12:10 AM
Could be a weird, super-rainy season..... >_>

Maybe not that, I didn't see any hint of rain, but who knows.

esm8m
21st September 2008, 6:21 AM
The only logical one I can think of is the bridge on Route 211, west of Mt. Coronet. It's relatively close to Celestic, although he would have had to have been in the river for a long time in order to get anywhere near Canalave.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying this manga as well, though I'm personally wondering where the names Hareta and Mitsumi came from.

TheRippedDeck
21st September 2008, 9:06 AM
I have a request.

To anyone who has Volume 2.

In the Volume 2, Shirona's (Cynthia's) Grandma, the Kannagi Town Elder appears, right? Can I have a scan of her?

I am a newfie but here is a scan.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/demonraiser/Pokemon%20DP%20Adventure/PokemonDiamondPearlAdventureVol2003.png

I still do not know why you would want to see this.

Maxim
21st September 2008, 11:08 AM
I am a newfie but here is a scan.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/demonraiser/Pokemon%20DP%20Adventure/PokemonDiamondPearlAdventureVol2003.png

I still do not know why you would want to see this.

Because I want to compare her with her PokeSpecial self.

Thanks anyway.

Shadow the Hedgehog
21st September 2008, 1:25 PM
Yeah. I've been reading these......

He has like 5 badges already. He doesn't mess around.

Shadow the Hedgehog
21st September 2008, 1:27 PM
Er.... double post. Sorry.

TheRippedDeck
21st September 2008, 10:16 PM
There was this one part I really couldn't believe....

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/demonraiser/Pokemon%20DP%20Adventure/PokemonDiamondPearlAdventureVol2006.png

I can take any volume two requests but just do not expect me to upload the entire graphic novel.

Faerie
21st September 2008, 11:31 PM
There was this one part I really couldn't believe....

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/demonraiser/Pokemon%20DP%20Adventure/PokemonDiamondPearlAdventureVol2006.pngIt is ridiculous, but remember, this manga was written by a shonen maga-ka, so of course it's going to have completely physically impossible sequences. :P

TheRippedDeck
22nd September 2008, 7:50 AM
Well it turns out I have access to a Kinokuniya (the one on 41st Street in New York) that sells raw Pokemon manga. Unfortunately they are out of stock for Pokemon DP Adventure (they do not even have volume 2 in Japanese, I suspect someone else bought it because I saw it there last time). Because I speak no Japanese, asking for an order is nearly out of the question.... ;078;

Anyway someone asked for a Cynthia scan.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/demonraiser/Pokemon%20DP%20Adventure/PokemonDiamondPearlAdventureVol2007.png

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd September 2008, 10:36 AM
Sure you can. Find out the ISBN number of the original and ask for it by that.

TheRippedDeck
22nd September 2008, 8:29 PM
Sure you can. Find out the ISBN number of the original and ask for it by that.

Unless I am missing something, I need to know the original Japanese title to find out the ISBN... and I do not know how to speak or read Japanese.

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd September 2008, 3:12 AM
According to this (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_and_Pearl_Adventure%21), the Japanese title is "Pokémon DP".

I'm not sure why speaking no Japanese would be an issue there. Given that Kinokuniya sells books from all over Asia, bilinguality is almost a necessity, and then compound in that they're working in an English-speaking area...
There's a bunch of English speakers, even native, at the Kinokuniya here, and I can't imagine it'd be *that* much of a different situation there.

TheRippedDeck
23rd September 2008, 5:00 AM
According to this (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Diamond_and_Pearl_Adventure%21), the Japanese title is "Pokémon DP".

I'm not sure why speaking no Japanese would be an issue there. Given that Kinokuniya sells books from all over Asia, bilinguality is almost a necessity, and then compound in that they're working in an English-speaking area...
There's a bunch of English speakers, even native, at the Kinokuniya here, and I can't imagine it'd be *that* much of a different situation there.

The time I was there, no one working the counter was of Asian descent, and did not speak Japanese (perhaps the bilingual workers were off duty). I snatched volume one off the shelf and asked if they would have the later volumes shipped. Turns out (they) did not see the series on the list and said they do not order specifically because they could not speak Japanese. Well I was not going to be allowed to see order lists so I stopped there. Either the title was on the list but they did not see it, or it was not ever on the list and their priorities are not to ship a series more than once. They did not have the English series either. I had to travel to Barnes and Noble. ;355;

Stage On
23rd September 2008, 6:50 AM
I saw Volume 1 at the comic store on saturday and took a look at it out of curiosity.

Liking the art style I picked it up and added it to the small pile of books I was going to buy.

When I got to the counter he happeend to have 2 copies of volume 2 sitting their as well and I couldn't help but pick up on of those as well.

I can't wait to sit down and read it once I have a bit more time. It's nice seeing more pokemon manga in english again. Viz just better darn well make sure to bring over the entire thing becuse I don't want to start importing it from Singapor like I do Pokemon adventures (and eventual pocket monsters when I have the cash for it)

Assumging chuangyi even translates it themselfs

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd September 2008, 8:36 AM
Turns out (they) did not see the series on the list and said they do not order specifically because they could not speak Japanese.

That's REALLY strange. When you work for an import store, you have to have SOMEONE there who can speak/read the languages of the countries you order from...

But then I'm applying reason, aren't I?

Anyway, this series has basically given me an appreciation for the Galactics, in all their versions.

RedpokemonBattling025
23rd September 2008, 8:53 AM
does anyone have a scan of herata with all his pokemon

kazuki_PP
23rd September 2008, 6:41 PM
Here you have Hareta´s Team: WARNING SPOILERS

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6826/dpav296yg4.jpg

kazuki_PP
23rd September 2008, 6:43 PM
Here you have Hareta´s Team: WARNING SPOILERS

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6826/dpav296yg4.jpg

Faerie
24th September 2008, 3:28 AM
Anyway, this series has basically given me an appreciation for the Galactics, in all their versions.Awesome. I personally find it interesting to see the different ways they're portrayed in their different incarnations, whether it be the games (which I view to be the authority as far as characterization), anime, PokeSpecial or DPA. I didn't like them much at first in this manga, to be honest, but I'm getting used to how different they are from DP.

It's the same with the other teams too. I started to notice it more with Team Rocket recently.

This isn't really important, but my school book fair had DPA volume 2! I was so suprised, but I also thought it was a little unfair (no pun intended). I had scoured all my local bookstores for it, but when I couldn't find it I just bought it online. And then it showed up at my school, of all places. I don't think anyone bought it, though. :P

RedpokemonBattling025
24th September 2008, 10:21 AM
where's piplup

Magical Pokemon
28th September 2008, 12:26 AM
Yes, how come Piplup is not in that panel?

XSilverStarboyX
28th September 2008, 6:48 AM
I saw it in WalMart the other night, but Im not sure about it. I think I might go ahead and give it a try sometime;152;

ShinyVaati
28th September 2008, 7:09 AM
Yes, how come Piplup is not in that panel?

In that chapter, Riley tells him that's he's overtraining Piplup. So Herata only uses the other Pokemon he had with him (Luxio and Misdreavus), and the Pokemon he caught in the this chapter. (Zubat, Onyx, Geodude, and Riolu)

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th September 2008, 7:47 AM
So I saw volume 5 at the Japanese bookstore today. I snapped a picture of the cover, but it was all wrapped up so I couldn't flip through it.

The cover has
Mitsumi in a Galactic uniform

Faerie
28th September 2008, 9:06 AM
So I saw volume 5 at the Japanese bookstore today. I snapped a picture of the cover, but it was all wrapped up so I couldn't flip through it.

The cover has
Mitsumi in a Galactic uniformOooohhh. I'm not surprised, but that sounds nifty.

I didn't know she stayed with them that long into the series. Do you know anything about how much they're dragging out this plot device? It feels like a lot.

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th September 2008, 9:42 AM
She may have been convinced back in, or brainwashed (she also had the blue hair of a grunt, although her hair's styled the same way it's been). The cover also had Cyrus and Dialga...and Hareta taking up the foreground, as is apparently in his contract

Faerie
28th September 2008, 7:30 PM
Dammit, Hareta, give someone else the limelight. But I seem to recall seeing a scan of the cover of some volume with the dustcover taken off, and it had Akagi in the foreground saying something and Hareta behind him sweatdropping. I'm pretty sure it was just a gag thing, seeing as that's what normally goes under the dust covers.

I don't know about you, but I'd love to see Jun on a cover. He's great. Has he been one one yet?

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th September 2008, 9:38 PM
If anyone wants to see that cover, here's the picture

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/Scans/dpa5cover.jpg

Faerie
29th September 2008, 12:20 AM
Super, thanks. It seems like the art has barely changed at all since the beginning of the series. I guess it only seems strange to me because the manga I read tends to be the first or second manga that the author has drawn, but I don't know. I guess there's not a lot of variation in shonen manga...? (I read more neutral than anything else, and sometimes shojo if it's good.)

TheRippedDeck
29th September 2008, 7:29 AM
If anyone wants to see that cover, here's the picture

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/Scans/dpa5cover.jpg

That image is oh so disturbing.
I like it. Mitsumi's hairstyle matches the outfit (in an evil sense).
Cyrus once again is the greatest.
Dialga, please appear in that volume.
Pity I will never see it until 2009.

Yuitheeevee
6th October 2008, 2:26 AM
i just got the 2nd volume today(i got the 1st when i was with mydad's. apparitally if you read 14/7 and then stop for 2 1/2 weeks you'll read anything. but that's not why i got it, i love pokemon and i read manga randomly) and finished it. what happened with mitsumi? i figured that she was apart of team galactic at one point of time cause

jupiter(her hair is weird,ooks like a medicam) called her a traitor, she wasshaking when cyrus approched her and he tol herita(isthat the kid's name) that he knows her

but i want details?! if any o you people know pm me please. i like suspence but i can't wait til next year, it's too far away.

awsome cover, the outfit suits her.

Magical Pokemon
12th October 2008, 10:13 PM
In that chapter, Riley tells him that's he's overtraining Piplup. So Herata only uses the other Pokemon he had with him (Luxio and Misdreavus), and the Pokemon he caught in the this chapter. (Zubat, Onyx, Geodude, and Riolu)

Oh, ok thank you. I saw the 5th cover's volume it looked cool. Can somebody post the covers of the third and fourth volumes for me, please? How come it takes so long for the translators to release each volume in america?

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh
13th October 2008, 2:51 PM
Volume 3 follows the battle at the lake after TEam Galaxy blows it up. Hareta fights against Saturn's Toxicroak, Bronzong, Rhyperior and Gallade and manages to win, mainly because of Piplup's SUrf attack. The Gym Leaders are also present and help in the fighting but have to run when the lake is fille dup. Saturn escapes with the Legendary Pokemon (Uxie?) when Cyrus interrupts with his Gyarados. The volume ends with the image of Mitsumi, along with her Infernape, Glaceon and Milotic, standing over a defeated Jupiter at Snowpoint
Volume 4 picks up where 3 left off, with Jupiter gettign a phone call form Cyrus demanding to talk to Mitsumi. After talking with Cyrus, Mitsumi watches as Jupiter's Tangrowth knocks the on looking Jun out cold and goes off with her. AT Snowpoint City, HAreta meets up with Cnadice who has apparently caught Regirock, Regice and Registeel. Hareta challenges her with Riolu who evolves during the battle. Candice then takes Hareta to the Regigigas statue and awakens it, the POkemon runs wild, especially when a Galactic Grunt attacks. Regigigas is calmed down by a Surf form Piplup and decides to go along with Hareta.
In the next chapter, Hareta meets up with the gym leaders at Team Galactic's base. They fight there way through it before Gardenia steps on the wrong Warp point and is snet into a dark room, getting attacked by a mysterious shadow. Through a TV, Hareta and Bryon are informed by Jupiter that all the GYm Leaders have been defeated and are invited to go htough a Warp Point, taking them face to face with Galactic Mitsumi who vicously attacks Hareta with INfernape, Leafeon and Milotic and quite easily tkae out Hareta's team. After discovering that Cyrus has taken Mitsumi's Eevee captive, HAreta manages to tkae out Mitusmi's team with Piplup and Regigigas. Volume ends with Mitsumi sending out Electivire and Dusknoir.

Picking up where the last left off, Mitsumi launches vicious attacks with her tow Pokemon, defeating Regigigas with DUsknoir she begins attackign Hareta himself with Electivire. Regigigas attempts to crush Mitsumi with his claws, but Hareta orders him to stop, he's answered by a punch form Electivire but refuses to believe Mitsumi is really evil. After giving her an manga-typical speech he orders Piplup to attack the window Cyrus is watching thorugh and actually runs up the water sput to talk to Cyrus face-to-face. After falling, Hareta launches a double surf attack with Regigigas and Piplup at the wall, causing the building to begin to collapse. Mitsumi pushes Hareta into a Warp Point to escape and stays in the battlign room, waiting as the building collapses around her.
Hareta finds himslef face to face with Cyrus who tells him Mitsumi is still in the room. Hareta tries to go back but the Warp Point has been turned off. He and Piplup follow Cyrus into a room with the lake trio trapped in machines. Cyrus explains his plans, and when the trapped Pokemon begin to screma, HAreta attacks Cyrus but is stopped by Saturn and his Rhyperior. With a sudden burst of strength, Hareta topples Rhyperior but is too late to stop the formation of the red chain. The building finally begins to topple over and Cyrus and Saturn escape in a heliocopter, but not before Cyrus gives HAreta the Masterball.
Hareta is saved by Jun and his Dragonite who meet up with the GYm Leaders outside. Mitsumi was apprently saved by the lake trio and is reunited with her Eevee. She tkaes an Everstone away form Piplup who immediately evolves form Piplup to Prinplup and then again inot Empoleon. Hareta prepares for the final battle.
At Mt Coronet, Cyrus begins to summon Dialga with the red chain, arriving there with Jun and his Draognite, Hareta is intercepted by Jupiter and Mars after beginning knocked down by the intial shockwave of Dailga's summon and a battle ensues with Jupiters Crobat and Mars' Magnezone. In the midst of battle, the usual Galactic Grunt ties up Hareta with his Wurmple's String Shot. Evryone is shocked when Cyrus appears at the top of the mountain, with Dialga, tied up by the red chain, behind him. Dialga attacks and knocks out Regigias with a Time Roar and Cyrus once again talks about his plans, upsettign Mars. Cyrus doesn't waste any time and attacks Hareta, Mars and Saturn with an Ancient Power attack, but is blocked by Empoleon Hareta escapes from his cacoon and rushes at Dialga.
Cynthia and ROwan appear on the scene and Rowna expresses his concerns on Palkia appearing. HAreta continues to rush at Dialga, but Empoleon is defeated by a consequetive Dragon CLaw, Ancient Power and Time Roar, but not before using Rain Dance. Jupiter takes the chance and attacks Jun, distracted by the flash of light form Time Roar, with her Crobat, she is quickly defeated by Cynthia's Garchomp who appears form nowhere. Jupiter questions Cynthia and ROwan's presence but and ROwan tells her of his concerns. Teh three then rush up the mountian where they find Cyrus standing over a defeated HAreta. Dialga begins to use its powers to resuurect the ruins around it after Mars screams at Cyrus to stop, Empoleon manages ot get on its feet, and much to HAreta's dismay, launches a suicide rush at Dialga. Luckily for Empoleon, the lake trio show up and smash the Red Chain binding Dialga. Dialga is reverted to normal. All seems well, before Palkia appears.
Plakia and Dialga launch themsleves into a deadly battle, creating a massive void aorund Spear Pillar Hareta runs to stop them but is caught by Rowan, after seeing Hareta's Master ball, Rowan allows for HAreta to go on. WIht the help of the attacks form Mitsumi and the Gym Leaders, who arrive ont he scene and HAreta's own Pokemon, Hareta makes it to Palkia and throws the MAster Ball at it, but before it can catch it, Plakia teleports behind the ball and destroys it. Palkia KOs the Gym Leader's Pokemon and Regigigas and attempts to escape into another dimension. Hareta jumps onto its back and literally forces its face into one of Dialga's attacks. WIht the combined attacks of all the Gym Leaders, Galatic Grunts and Admin, Mitsumi, JUun and even Cyrus, the two giant POkemon are defeated and the retrun to their own dimension (now with cute, happy eyes). The volume ends with HAreta waking up sourrounded by his friedns and declaring he wants to go out a battle more people.

There is also a Deoxys and Shaymin special in Volumes 3 and 4 respectively. The fianl team is HAreta with Empoleon, Luxio, Lucario, Onix, Misdrevous and Regigigas.

Yuitheeevee
15th October 2008, 4:26 AM
Volume 3 follows the battle at the lake after TEam Galaxy blows it up. Hareta fights against Saturn's Toxicroak, Bronzong, Rhyperior and Gallade and manages to win, mainly because of Piplup's SUrf attack. The Gym Leaders are also present and help in the fighting but have to run when the lake is fille dup. Saturn escapes with the Legendary Pokemon (Uxie?) when Cyrus interrupts with his Gyarados. The volume ends with the image of Mitsumi, along with her Infernape, Glaceon and Milotic, standing over a defeated Jupiter at Snowpoint
Volume 4 picks up where 3 left off, with Jupiter gettign a phone call form Cyrus demanding to talk to Mitsumi. After talking with Cyrus, Mitsumi watches as Jupiter's Tangrowth knocks the on looking Jun out cold and goes off with her. AT Snowpoint City, HAreta meets up with Cnadice who has apparently caught Regirock, Regice and Registeel. Hareta challenges her with Riolu who evolves during the battle. Candice then takes Hareta to the Regigigas statue and awakens it, the POkemon runs wild, especially when a Galactic Grunt attacks. Regigigas is calmed down by a Surf form Piplup and decides to go along with Hareta.
In the next chapter, Hareta meets up with the gym leaders at Team Galactic's base. They fight there way through it before Gardenia steps on the wrong Warp point and is snet into a dark room, getting attacked by a mysterious shadow. Through a TV, Hareta and Bryon are informed by Jupiter that all the GYm Leaders have been defeated and are invited to go htough a Warp Point, taking them face to face with Galactic Mitsumi who vicously attacks Hareta with INfernape, Leafeon and Milotic and quite easily tkae out Hareta's team. After discovering that Cyrus has taken Mitsumi's Eevee captive, HAreta manages to tkae out Mitusmi's team with Piplup and Regigigas. Volume ends with Mitsumi sending out Electivire and Dusknoir.

Picking up where the last left off, Mitsumi launches vicious attacks with her tow Pokemon, defeating Regigigas with DUsknoir she begins attackign Hareta himself with Electivire. Regigigas attempts to crush Mitsumi with his claws, but Hareta orders him to stop, he's answered by a punch form Electivire but refuses to believe Mitsumi is really evil. After giving her an manga-typical speech he orders Piplup to attack the window Cyrus is watching thorugh and actually runs up the water sput to talk to Cyrus face-to-face. After falling, Hareta launches a double surf attack with Regigigas and Piplup at the wall, causing the building to begin to collapse. Mitsumi pushes Hareta into a Warp Point to escape and stays in the battlign room, waiting as the building collapses around her.
Hareta finds himslef face to face with Cyrus who tells him Mitsumi is still in the room. Hareta tries to go back but the Warp Point has been turned off. He and Piplup follow Cyrus into a room with the lake trio trapped in machines. Cyrus explains his plans, and when the trapped Pokemon begin to screma, HAreta attacks Cyrus but is stopped by Saturn and his Rhyperior. With a sudden burst of strength, Hareta topples Rhyperior but is too late to stop the formation of the red chain. The building finally begins to topple over and Cyrus and Saturn escape in a heliocopter, but not before Cyrus gives HAreta the Masterball.
Hareta is saved by Jun and his Dragonite who meet up with the GYm Leaders outside. Mitsumi was apprently saved by the lake trio and is reunited with her Eevee. She tkaes an Everstone away form Piplup who immediately evolves form Piplup to Prinplup and then again inot Empoleon. Hareta prepares for the final battle.
At Mt Coronet, Cyrus begins to summon Dialga with the red chain, arriving there with Jun and his Draognite, Hareta is intercepted by Jupiter and Mars after beginning knocked down by the intial shockwave of Dailga's summon and a battle ensues with Jupiters Crobat and Mars' Magnezone. In the midst of battle, the usual Galactic Grunt ties up Hareta with his Wurmple's String Shot. Evryone is shocked when Cyrus appears at the top of the mountain, with Dialga, tied up by the red chain, behind him. Dialga attacks and knocks out Regigias with a Time Roar and Cyrus once again talks about his plans, upsettign Mars. Cyrus doesn't waste any time and attacks Hareta, Mars and Saturn with an Ancient Power attack, but is blocked by Empoleon Hareta escapes from his cacoon and rushes at Dialga.
Cynthia and ROwan appear on the scene and Rowna expresses his concerns on Palkia appearing. HAreta continues to rush at Dialga, but Empoleon is defeated by a consequetive Dragon CLaw, Ancient Power and Time Roar, but not before using Rain Dance. Jupiter takes the chance and attacks Jun, distracted by the flash of light form Time Roar, with her Crobat, she is quickly defeated by Cynthia's Garchomp who appears form nowhere. Jupiter questions Cynthia and ROwan's presence but and ROwan tells her of his concerns. Teh three then rush up the mountian where they find Cyrus standing over a defeated HAreta. Dialga begins to use its powers to resuurect the ruins around it after Mars screams at Cyrus to stop, Empoleon manages ot get on its feet, and much to HAreta's dismay, launches a suicide rush at Dialga. Luckily for Empoleon, the lake trio show up and smash the Red Chain binding Dialga. Dialga is reverted to normal. All seems well, before Palkia appears.
Plakia and Dialga launch themsleves into a deadly battle, creating a massive void aorund Spear Pillar Hareta runs to stop them but is caught by Rowan, after seeing Hareta's Master ball, Rowan allows for HAreta to go on. WIht the help of the attacks form Mitsumi and the Gym Leaders, who arrive ont he scene and HAreta's own Pokemon, Hareta makes it to Palkia and throws the MAster Ball at it, but before it can catch it, Plakia teleports behind the ball and destroys it. Palkia KOs the Gym Leader's Pokemon and Regigigas and attempts to escape into another dimension. Hareta jumps onto its back and literally forces its face into one of Dialga's attacks. WIht the combined attacks of all the Gym Leaders, Galatic Grunts and Admin, Mitsumi, JUun and even Cyrus, the two giant POkemon are defeated and the retrun to their own dimension (now with cute, happy eyes). The volume ends with HAreta waking up sourrounded by his friedns and declaring he wants to go out a battle more people.

There is also a Deoxys and Shaymin special in Volumes 3 and 4 respectively. The fianl team is HAreta with Empoleon, Luxio, Lucario, Onix, Misdrevous and Regigigas.

thank you so much!

Magical Pokemon
18th October 2008, 1:47 AM

No, I was not asking for the summary. I was asking for the covers for Volumes 3-5.

Blackjack Gabbiani
18th October 2008, 5:42 AM
So if that's the ending, as the last few lines there seem to indicate...
What happens to everyone else? In particular Cyrus and the other Team members.
Also do we ever find out who this "friend" of Rowen's was that he was watching Hareta for?
And Onix and Misdrevous don't evolve?

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh
18th October 2008, 11:35 AM
No, I was not asking for the summary. I was asking for the covers for Volumes 3-5.

I didn't post them for you, I posted them for everyone.
@BlackJack

I bought a Coro Coro, and the chapter involved Hareta entering a tournment. Rowan also introduced Jun and Mitsumi to Hareta's father as Hareta battled, I premuse he was his friend. By then, Hareta's Luxio has evolved into Luxray but no, Misdrevouis and Onix do not evolve. You do not see what happens to the Team Galactic members, the last you see of them is when they're atatcking Palkia. It seems Pokemon D/P is going into a second season, with the appearnace of HAreta's father and Handsome.

Blackjack Gabbiani
18th October 2008, 11:50 AM
Very interesting. Although by then it couldn't be properly called DP, it'd have to be DPP or something.

Is the father anyone we know? Because there was a theory posed a bit ago that it could be a certain Platinum-exclusive scientist with connections to Rowen

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh
18th October 2008, 5:21 PM
No, he's no-one we know, he just looks like an older Hareta with his hair in a pony tail. He's seen in the crowd eating lots of bags of popcorn and rooting for Hareta. and his name appears to be Kaiser. The name of the series hasn't changed, it's still DP

Also, Volumes 3 and 4 covers:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/Bulbasaur_Trainer_James/IMG_0001_NEW.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/Bulbasaur_Trainer_James/IMG_NEW.jpg

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th October 2008, 5:51 AM
Kaiser eh?

Heh. There's a guy named Kaiser on the show, who's rather infamous because he's basically the entire reason the Dratini episode got banned. Well, "Kaizaa" is how people usually write it, but I think "Kaiser" is a pretty obvious transliteration.

Darkness Angel
19th October 2008, 6:24 AM
Nice to know how the comic ends though it will be a while before that last three vol's are out.

Yeti
19th October 2008, 6:33 AM
FXNXJHFJDKDKD HOLY SPUD :V massive sexcellence right thar.

Dude snap @ spoilers of ending. I hope there's a continuation and we see what happens to TG. And Hareta in a tournament? O: AND his father??
We don't know who his mother is, right? Wonder if she'll appear too.

Definitely a legit series. :V

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th October 2008, 11:04 AM
Yeti, it looks like the tournament *is* the continuation.

Yuitheeevee
19th October 2008, 3:59 PM
Yeti, it looks like the tournament *is* the continuation.

I really hope it is, that would b so awsome. plus it doesn't seem like that's the official ending. *routing for a sequel*

Magical Pokemon
19th October 2008, 8:55 PM
No, he's no-one we know, he just looks like an older Hareta with his hair in a pony tail. He's seen in the crowd eating lots of bags of popcorn and rooting for Hareta. and his name appears to be Kaiser. The name of the series hasn't changed, it's still DP

Also, Volumes 3 and 4 covers:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/Bulbasaur_Trainer_James/IMG_0001_NEW.jpg

Sorry, thank you though, I truely appriciate it.

HoennMaster
5th November 2008, 5:55 AM
I was really mad to find out that Hareta defeats three Gym Leaders in one chapter, come on! Also, does anyone know where to keep up with spoilers? Bulbapedia only has info for Volumes 1 & 2.

Magical Pokemon
6th November 2008, 3:35 AM
I was really mad to find out that Hareta defeats three Gym Leaders in one chapter, come on! Also, does anyone know where to keep up with spoilers? Bulbapedia only has info for Volumes 1 & 2.

I found that amazing, that means he is really strong, or the gym leaders are really weak. Plus, I believed they did that to continue the main plot of the story.

darklord18
8th November 2008, 2:00 PM
Just wondering if the other tag partner (Cheryl, Mira, Buck and Marley) are going to appear because it unfair if Riley the only one appearing right?

Maxim
8th November 2008, 2:11 PM
Just wondering if the other tag partner (Cheryl, Mira, Buck and Marley) are going to appear because it unfair if Riley the only one appearing right?

No one knows.

But since the DP Manga is already on its Platinum Stage, it's pretty possible that Hareta will head to Sakhalin Island soon (or maybe he already did). And when he's on the island, Buck is pretty likely to appear. So, who knows, maybe his Cafe also appears with all partner trainers. But that's just speculation. It's highly possible that Ihara just pissed on the other partners. But I believe he'll show Buck at some point.

darklord18
9th November 2008, 5:30 AM
No one knows.

But since the DP Manga is already on its Platinum Stage, it's pretty possible that Hareta will head to Sakhalin Island soon (or maybe he already did). And when he's on the island, Buck is pretty likely to appear. So, who knows, maybe his Cafe also appears with all partner trainers. But that's just speculation. It's highly possible that Ihara just pissed on the other partners. But I believe he'll show Buck at some point.

I really want to see Mira because 1 want to see what she look like in the manga, Don't really care for Cheryl but Marley and Buck could be put into the Top trainer cafe as you say but with Mira could appear anywhere but really hop they put Mira, Buck and Marley in it. I Don't want to see Riley again.

Wormow
30th November 2008, 1:10 AM
I just saw Volume 2 of this manga by Viz. Nice to see Jun ... with a Staravia.

omniouswind
2nd December 2008, 9:46 PM
Aww man, so the DPA! manga ends with 5 volumes? Those spoilers were most definitely epic. Sounds like it will be a good read whenever they're released here in America... Which will probably be in a while, unfortunately. I already finished reading volume 2 a while ago. :/
But it looks like there will be a continuation, which is awesome. Like darklord18 mentioned, I really hope other tag battle partners besides Riley appear, Buck and Marley mostly. I mean, if Hareta heads to the Battle Island, or whatever it's called, it's likely he'll meet up with Buck.

twyangziie
17th December 2008, 7:44 PM
Oh I loved the Electric tales of Pikachu as well, I only got one of it .

invisible-chan
19th December 2008, 3:15 AM
I've known of this for a while. I don't I'm going to buy it though. If someone scans and translates it and I like it, I may reconsider.

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th December 2008, 9:07 AM
Um...there's an English translation. You wouldn't have to resort to scanslations for it. I'm not sure where you're located, but since you're on an English-language board one assumes you at least read English.

Flip through it at the bookstore (provided it's for sale where you live and you wouldn't have to import it) and check it out.

sneschurch
23rd December 2008, 5:43 AM
dude, it can be found at walmart. I just got one yesterday and while it's not pokespecial, it's still cool. Read it man, it's a good read to say the least. Wierd art though.......

Mika555
27th December 2008, 2:48 AM
I have finish reading the first volume. I think the story itself was good.

I it about Hareta and he wants to meet Dialga and he is traveling with a girl name Mitsumi. It said that he is the grandson of Professor Rowan. Mitsumi, Professor Rowan's assistant is the is traveling with him. He is kind of naive when it come knowledge about the world. He is also battling gym leaders and has a rival name Jun who happen to be in love with Mitsumi. I find this exciting. I also have volume

SmartD
27th December 2008, 4:56 PM
Wow, lot's of stuff happened in the manga. Too bad it's over (in Japan anyway), but I hope we get a continuation wih Platinum. This wants me to buy the manga.

General Toxin
27th December 2008, 5:09 PM
Wow, lot's of stuff happened in the manga. Too bad it's over (in Japan anyway), but I hope we get a continuation wih Platinum. This wants me to buy the manga.
It's over in Japan? Damn, I need to learn to find out these things. :P Yea, I would like to see a platinum continuation. Yes, I wanted to buy the manga to, that's why I did get it for the holiday I celebrate (not christmas).

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th December 2008, 2:35 AM
According to this thread, the DP part is over but they started a Platinum plot with the same characters. So it's more of a continuation of the same story.

Akatsuki no Nerura
28th December 2008, 8:10 AM
:D Yay, happy to know people are reading this manga too.

X.X I wish the English chapters will come out already. Is it really that hard to find a person who can accurately translate the chapters..? O.o

Well anyway, to the people that don't like the butt gag, I personally love it. xD

sneschurch
28th December 2008, 6:59 PM
I find that gag kinda creepy really.

unown?
31st December 2008, 5:38 AM
i agree. it is weird how the swelling never stops...and things keep crashing into it :(

Jason-Kun
31st December 2008, 5:42 AM

How many volumes are out in Japan, do you know? I love the manga and I hope it isn't too short. The characters are just that awesome and loveable. I especially like Mitsumi.

Maxim
6th January 2009, 5:46 PM
DP Adventure Volume 6 released in Japan! HELL YEAH!

Does anyone here have it? I want to know some details about it, maybe with pictures. Do Handsome and Pluto debut in this volume?

SmartD
6th January 2009, 10:55 PM
How many volumes are out in Japan, do you know? I love the manga and I hope it isn't too short. The characters are just that awesome and loveable. I especially like Mitsumi.

There are 5 volumes (6 since they released a Platinum story). In the U.S., we have two with a third on the way. The art is kinda cute.

kazuki_PP
7th January 2009, 12:41 AM
Pok&#233;mon DP Adventure! Vol 6 Cover

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7954/dp6tc3.png

Bad Quality, I know xD

HoennMaster
17th January 2009, 6:36 AM
I haven't seen anyone post this over the last few pages, but the U.S. release of Volume 3 is February 3rd, and Volume 4 is June 2nd.

Coronis
21st January 2009, 6:17 PM
Volume 6 of DP Adventures indeed continues with the Platinum saga, featuring happenings at the Battle Frontier.

Basically, there is this powerful trainer named Kouya who is part of the international police force working with Handsome, and it seems like their intention is to track down Hareta's father Kaiser, who is also hunted by Pluto, because apparently he holds the key to enter the Distortion World, and Pluto's aim is natrually Giratina.

Coronis~

kaedemirumo
22nd January 2009, 10:24 AM
...Man, you guys have NO idea how much this thread totally cracked me up. :'D
Kaede is amused.

Hm, this seems pretty interesting...I should probably go buy it. XD *Adds to manga list*

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd January 2009, 11:45 AM
Would Kouya be the one who looks like the GSC Rival picked out his wardrobe? With the Absol and Metagross?

darklord18
23rd January 2009, 12:01 PM
Dose it say any thing about the tag partner?
Pluto after Giratina, I thought he be after Heatram.

PUR3N1NJA
24th January 2009, 12:24 PM
Pokémon DP Adventure! Vol 6 Cover

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7954/dp6tc3.png

Bad Quality, I know xD

should be a good read.

Maxim
24th January 2009, 4:38 PM
Could someone get me a good shot of Candice from this manga?

I would do this myself but my scanner doesn't work.

My preferred shot is from Volume 4, page 34, where she's pulling her hand forward. I think it's the best shot for her in the manga.

BlitzBlast
25th January 2009, 11:34 PM
I've only seen Volume 2.

Just from that, I have to say that the story seems nice.

I LOVE Jun's character. Can't wait to see if we get to see him vs Palmer.

Magical Pokemon
7th February 2009, 2:23 AM
How many volumes does the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure series have?

Has a "sequel manga series" started in Japan? And if so can somebody link me to the cover of the first volume?

SmartD
7th February 2009, 4:53 PM
How many volumes does the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure series have?

Has a "sequel manga series" started in Japan? And if so can somebody link me to the cover of the first volume?

As of now 6, actually it's still Diamond and Pearl Adventure, it now just has Platinum stuff in it.

Dia406
7th February 2009, 5:53 PM
I didn't see this manga but now I think I want to.

Magical Pokemon
7th February 2009, 8:01 PM
As of now 6, actually it's still Diamond and Pearl Adventure, it now just has Platinum stuff in it.

But, shouldn't the title be changed to: "Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platnium Adventure!" Or, do you suppose that would be too confusing?

Can someone please post a link to the cover of the fifth volume, please?

kaedemirumo
8th February 2009, 7:47 AM
I bought all the six volumes in Kinokuniya today.

It is made up of so much epic win. :'D Seems like Pluto's gonna make an appearance soon.

Louispierce
9th February 2009, 10:25 PM
i finished reading it yesterday and didn't care much for the deoxys mini story hopefully the shaymin/giratina mini story next volume

spyroflame0487
11th February 2009, 12:17 AM
Has anyone spotted the 3rd English Volume yet? It said something about Feb. 2009 for the 3rd Volume in the 2nd..

I've been looking, but it seems that there's only 1 and 2 out now..

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th February 2009, 7:45 AM
Yeah, I even posted a review of it (in its own thread).

You may have to special order it, depending on your store. But I got mine the day it was slated to come out.

Darkness Angel
11th February 2009, 11:35 PM
Just check your local Barnes & Noble or Borders. Just this past weekend I saw a copy of it.

Louispierce
19th February 2009, 7:08 PM
hi !
does anyone know where I can read pokespe DP arc online ?

No because its illegal.

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th February 2009, 9:14 AM
hi !
does anyone know where I can read pokespe DP arc online ?

Not only are we going to laugh at you for asking for scans, but we're also going to laugh at you for asking for SPECIAL scans in a DPA! thread.

ninjaboy00
22nd February 2009, 8:28 AM
i just bought volume 6 today and it is awesome. im suprised no one has translated this series. dont get me wrong special in awesome but come on this is also an awesome story right here. (i dont want give any spoilers so im gonna shut up now)

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd February 2009, 1:49 PM
I'm sorry, you're surprised no one's done WHAT?

I have three English volumes here to prove you wrong.

the1stpkmnfan
16th March 2009, 6:17 PM
I just bought and read Volume 3, and it's pretty cool. I've never read a lot Pokemon Manga in a while, but this one is pretty cool. Im thinking about getting the next one once it's released in June. But I better get the first 2 volumes first.

Juumou
19th March 2009, 7:33 AM
Looks interesting! I'm gonna check it out

Emo_Kirlia
4th April 2009, 5:26 AM
I got volume 1 and I gotta say...Roark is sexy in the Manga!

Also I cracked up laughing reading it in class when Hareta chucked the Pokeball and it hit the cameraman in the nuts.xD and when he bit the Galactic Grunt in the butt.

Ultra
9th April 2009, 8:37 PM
Pokémon, the lovable little characters who have become favorites in video
games, ... Genre: Adventure; Movie Type: Fantasy Comedy, Fantasy Adventure .....
(2006) • Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea (2007). Diamond and Pearl ...

Shadow_lugia991
11th April 2009, 5:52 AM
I read vol. 1 and 2 of the manga. To be totally honest, Cynthia and Mars are HOT! Kinda funny that Jun likes Mitsumi.
In vol. 2, Jun's like, "It's been to long! It is I, Jun, your true love!"
And Mitsumi's like, "My WHAT?!"
Haha! It's a classic xD

pika_97
11th April 2009, 12:49 PM
Oh, I already have Volumes 1 & 2 of it. But I couldn't find Volume 3 in my bookstore. It's kinda funny, but sometimes gross.

Chris646
13th April 2009, 8:24 PM
I loved this manga. I have all 3 currently available volumes and i have enjoyed all of them

SmartD
18th April 2009, 9:31 PM
I found the cover for volume 5 if anyone's interested:

http://www.nippon-export.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=26886

It looks so cool don't you think?

scelfex
20th April 2009, 2:17 AM
The DP adventures manga is good i own 3 of em and their good does any body now when the 4rd book comes out?

Yuppirox
20th April 2009, 4:06 AM
Hmm, this manga looks interesting...I think I'll go and get my hands on one of them myself. *runs to nearest bookstore* I always say I'll get one, but I end up lying to myself.^^;

Juuchan17
21st April 2009, 11:29 PM
eeeee, I have an UPDATE!

Amazon has now given us a date for Vol. 5 - October 6, 2009!

Plus, they have the updated cover too -As well as SPOILERS AHOY! (http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Diamond-Pearl-Adventure-5/dp/1421529238/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240349231&sr=1-7)

Just thought you guys might want to know!

- Juuchan17

spyroflame0487
6th May 2009, 1:02 AM
Sweet! Hmm...I wonder how many more we'll get, or if 5 is the end.

I recently picked up 3, but I was surprised it took so long for me to find it. Usually Walmart has it around the release, but it took like 3 months to find it!

I was also curious as to why the Deoxys chapter had to last so long. Not to say I didn't like it, but some of it could have been cut down, and gave us another chapter of the main story.

Mr. Joker
6th May 2009, 6:13 AM
I got volume 2 and 3 today. They are great. I love "Byebye Gramma" with Fantina. I loved it. As always Harata, is sweet and Jun is cool. Volume 4 is supposed to be out in June, anyone know what day? Also, I am hoping to see Mitumsi has with Team Galactic. And I loved how Mars can have a good side.

^^ I looked at Bulbagarden, and it sounds like there is more then 5 volumes, although I am not 100&#37; sure.

Hydration
28th May 2009, 8:47 AM
I really enjoy this series. Hareta is awesome but Mistumi is my favorite (she has some pretty tough powerhouses on her team). Battles are well thought out and clever strategies. Can't wait till the next one comes out in June. Yay!

**** There is however a certain fascination with a Team Galactic member's butt throughout the series... very odd yet hilarious.

drtomoe123
28th May 2009, 3:47 PM
I'm enjoying the series so far, but I'm definitely not loving it. My biggest problem is the same thing that someone mentioned before, the fact that Hareta is SO clueless, but he manages to take down anything in his way...a little too simple for me, you know?

But still, it's a nice series.