PDA

View Full Version : Scripts

SatoshixKasumi 4eva
13th March 2008, 10:10 AM
I was on Serebii chat earlier (normal, not Wi-Fi), and there was a lot of racism on there. Lots of people were ripping off Australians, but there was a rule saying no racism. just wondering, is it possible to have a script that kicks for saying racist things? Because I am Australian, and the things said really hurt, and I've been having a hard enough time. IF there is no script, is it possible to make one?

Kirby
13th March 2008, 10:17 AM
There are scripts that kick for certain racial slang words, I'm sure you know which ones I mean.

What exactly did they say? I mean there is only so much a script can do in cases like this. We can add racial words to the kick script, but that's just so easy to evade, and it's easy to be racist against someone without even using racial words :/

I'd suggest PMing an OP when you see this taking place :[ Or maybe getting their names I guess?

Misaki-chi
14th March 2008, 12:35 AM
if you mean what I said, it was about the country itself more than anything, and I'm sorry that you were offended. I will refrain from insulting countries in the future, but I certainly wouldn't call what I said racist, considering all I really said was that Australia is nothing to be proud of, and that was partly a joke, although i'm certainly not proud of my heritage, the same way I wouldn't be proud if I was from any other country, and I hate living here, but if you like it, kudos to you. but I will not deny that you have the right to be proud, and I'll keep it to myself in future. I am honestly sorry this happened. I'm also sorry if you've been deterred from visiting the chat, considering there really isn't much racism on #SPP at all, and what i said wasn't meant to be discriminatory against anyone. I assure you I will keep my comments to myself, and I hope you visit again. as for anything wergoheb said to DarkFlame about inferior races and whatnot, I'm not going to answer for wergoheb, so yeah. I really am ashamed, and that's why i'm posting here, to confess and apologise. Actually, I'd also like to clarify something: no racial insults were used by me, it'd be a bit of crap coming from me considering I'm descended from practically ever race of humans walking the Earth. Also, I think it's inaccurate to say 'lots of people' were ripping off Australians. i'unno. it's an opinion I need to stfu about in public, and I will. certainly no malicious intent was behind my words directed at ANYONE.

@Kirby: there were no active ops ~_~;

Kirby
14th March 2008, 1:39 AM
if you mean what I said, it was about the country itself more than anything, and I'm sorry that you were offended. I will refrain from insulting countries in the future, but I certainly wouldn't call what I said racist, considering all I really said was that Australia is nothing to be proud of, and that was partly a joke, although i'm certainly not proud of my heritage, the same way I wouldn't be proud if I was from any other country, and I hate living here, but if you like it, kudos to you. but I will not deny that you have the right to be proud, and I'll keep it to myself in future. I am honestly sorry this happened. I'm also sorry if you've been deterred from visiting the chat, considering there really isn't much racism on #SPP at all, and what i said wasn't meant to be discriminatory against anyone. I assure you I will keep my comments to myself, and I hope you visit again. as for anything wergoheb said to DarkFlame about inferior races and whatnot, I'm not going to answer for wergoheb, so yeah. I really am ashamed, and that's why i'm posting here, to confess and apologise. Actually, I'd also like to clarify something: no racial insults were used by me, it'd be a bit of crap coming from me considering I'm descended from practically ever race of humans walking the Earth. Also, I think it's inaccurate to say 'lots of people' were ripping off Australians. i'unno. it's an opinion I need to stfu about in public, and I will. certainly no malicious intent was behind my words directed at ANYONE.

I don't see any problem with something like this :[ It's like saying "Oh, Kirby you don't like illegal immigrants so you're a racist against Mexican people!!!"

The original topic creator made it sound like some horrible racial attack on Aussies.

HA HA HA!!!

Misaki-chi
14th March 2008, 2:54 AM
WHAT'S SO FUNNY >:[?

Fenix
14th March 2008, 3:00 AM

This why you should be one ;/

Misaki-chi
14th March 2008, 4:00 AM
This why you should be one ;/

NO U ;_; <3

seriously. you.

Kirby
14th March 2008, 5:20 AM
Hey how about both of you!!

It's what I've been saying for ages but no one ever listens to me!!