PDA

View Full Version : Next Pokemon Thread (Updated!) **YOUR OPINION =/= FACT!**

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Potentate Carpathia
27th January 2004, 2:22 AM
Okay well before the forums got deleted there were many threads containing what pokemon with Ash and May or Brock or whoever catch next/whose pokemon will evolve next and it was crowding the boards so I decided to make this thread. This thread you can post whatever you want whoever you want to catch/evolve a pokemon next and what pokemon. I'm only doing this to not crowd the threads because I didn't really like seeing, "What will be Ash's next pokemon". So any ideas?

Mine is May will catch a Swablu in the upcoming episode. Maybe Brock's Lotad will evolve but he never uses it so I highly doubt it.

Now post what you think and I kinda hope this helps to not crowd the thread and people getting really mad over there's to many threads on who will catch the next poekmon. Enjoy! Torkoal Greg

06/28/08 -- Remember, this is what YOU THINK, meaning YOUR OPINION, NOT FACT. You have no right to tell other people that they are wrong unless it is absolutely necessary and/or you are just correcting them on something. That's it - otherwise, you will receive an infraction for SPAM, kthnx.

JazzJazz
27th January 2004, 3:00 AM
I'll say it before anyone else does, I think there's a chance of James capturing the gulpin in the upcoming episode. I would really love James to get more pokemon, but I'm not sure I'm keen on him having a gulpin. It'd be kind of like Jessie with her seviper (the Hoenn equivalent of arbok), gulpin is the Hoenn equivalent of weezing... a poison blob. They should really broaden out the pokemon types that Team Rocket has, let not have it so full of poison types.

Grovyle
27th January 2004, 3:42 AM
Well, like a good majority of the people here, I think Brock's Lotad should evolve into Lombre, Haruka-chan will catch Swablu, and James will get Gulpin. I can also see Haruka getting a Spheal on their way to Mossdeep.

As for Ash, I can see several Pokemon for him to catch. Absol, Duskull, Spoink or Vibrava all would go well on his team.

Evil Azurill
27th January 2004, 3:52 AM
I think Jesse or James should get a water type. Maybe an Azurill...heh heh. Actually, I can kind of see Jesse with a Milotic.

GoldenNoctowl77
27th January 2004, 5:00 AM
Here's what I believe:

~James's next Pokemon will be Gulpin and it will be caught in the Gulpin episode.
~May will get Swablu in the Swblue episode.
~Possible evolution of Lotad, but I'm starting to doubt it as they rarely every get rid of comic releases, but maybe a dopey Lombre would be cool.
~I think Ash's final capture will be a Kecleon.

Crystal Latios
27th January 2004, 6:47 AM
Kecleon for Ash? o.O He has never had a normal type pokemon. I would like to see him with psychic type or dark type. I have no idea which pokemon he should catch. I`m glad, May will catch Swablu. This pokemon suits to her.

Pokeballs
27th January 2004, 9:09 AM
well his taillow is a normal/flying u kno

Arnold
27th January 2004, 11:18 AM
Ash has had a few Normals.....don't you remember th big tub o fun Snorlax and then Pidgeotto/Pidgeot, Tauros too ^^

Anyways...Lotad best evolve to Lombre.....and then to Runpapa =P

Would Love to see it pop out randomly and start dancing around ^^;;

Rappy28
27th January 2004, 11:58 AM
I could easily see May catching a Swablu and Brock's Lotad evolving (cuz Lombre is cool =P)...

But James catching a Gulpin ?

NO WAY IN HELL !!!!

I've hated Gulpin since I've started playing Pokémon Sapphire, which means for a year. I'll be really angry if he catches the damn living stomach... Poison type ? Why would Team Rocket need another one since they've got Seviper ? And about Gulpin being funny... do you really want the poor guy to be harassed by each of his Pokémon ???? *pants* Sorry, but I strongly dislike poison Pokémon...

James needs a Trapinch. That's it. A cute ground type Pokémon (which will make battles against Pikachu maybe a little more interesting) who can dig holes, has a big mouth (litterally) and chomps down on everything (doesn't THAT suit James as well ?).
However I doubt it'd evolve, maybe to Vibrava, but Flygon ? After all, we're talking about Team Rocket here...
*pictures Team Rocket with a Flygon, kicking the fat rodent's *** with an Hyperbeam, an Earthquake and a Dragon Claw*
>DD

Either that or a Tropius. It's big, it's a grass type, it can fly and has got bananas growing around its neck, which would solve Team Rocket's food problem.

IMO both of them would be a lot more useful than a sticky stomach holding a bunch of bottlecaps...

But that's just me.

Archangel R.J.
27th January 2004, 12:01 PM
Here's what I thin:

Ash - His next Pokemon will be Grovyle, who evolves from Treecko not too far from now.

Brock - He will either catch a Solrock or evolve his Lotad (or both) in the upcoming "Solrock vs. Lombre" episode.

May - Will catch a Swablu in the upcoming episode

TR - James will get another Pokemon, possibly a Gulpin or even a Trapinch, in the near future. Jessie won't get anything else for the rest of Hoenn.

Crystal Latios
27th January 2004, 12:07 PM
I could easily see May catching a Swablu and Brock's Lotad evolving (cuz Lombre is cool =P)...

But James catching a Gulpin ?

NO WAY IN HELL !!!!

I've hated Gulpin since I've started playing Pokémon Sapphire, which means for a year. I'll be really angry if he catches the damn living stomach... Poison type ? Why would Team Rocket need another one since they've got Seviper ? And about Gulpin being funny... do you really want the poor guy to be harassed by each of his Pokémon ???? *pants* Sorry, but I strongly dislike poison Pokémon...

James needs a Trapinch. That's it. A cute ground type Pokémon (which will make battles against Pikachu maybe a little more interesting) who can dig holes, has a big mouth (litterally) and chomps down on everything (doesn't THAT suit James as well ?).
However I doubt it'd evolve, maybe to Vibrava, but Flygon ? After all, we're talking about Team Rocket here...
*pictures Team Rocket with a Flygon, kicking the fat rodent's *** with an Hyperbeam, an Earthquake and a Dragon Claw*
>DD

Either that or a Tropius. It's big, it's a grass type, it can fly and has got bananas growing around its neck, which would solve Team Rocket's food problem.

IMO both of them would be a lot more useful than a sticky stomach holding a bunch of bottlecaps...

But that's just me.

I understand you. Gulpin isn`t pretty for me too, but...writers have another taste. James has had poison type pokemon for long time. I think, he will catch new POISON pok again.
Flygon would be a nice pokemon for James, but how we know, Jessie and James have to lose with Ash and co. so they need weaker pokemon than Flygon, who will lose with Pikachu. Flygon is to powerful.

Lupin
27th January 2004, 1:28 PM
i reckon that Brock will get either an Aron or a Lairon coz it suits him.

May will get a Sealo or a :333:

Ash will get a :291:

Andyman
27th January 2004, 4:13 PM
Yeah Lupin...Aron and Lairon does suits Brock...hoping for Ash catching Beldum..Imagine Ash with Metagross...I don`t think it`s gonna happend, but I hope...

Rappy28
27th January 2004, 4:19 PM
I understand you. Gulpin isn`t pretty for me too, but...writers have another taste. James has had poison type pokemon for long time. I think, he will catch new POISON pok again.
Flygon would be a nice pokemon for James, but how we know, Jessie and James have to lose with Ash and co. so they need weaker pokemon than Flygon, who will lose with Pikachu. Flygon is to powerful.

That's what I said, Flygon is too powerful to be a Team Rocket Pokémon. I can only dream... u_u
If James somehow catches a Trapinch, I think it'd stay like that, or maybe just evolve into Vibrava. Flygon ? Nah, now that's not how the writers' mind works. =P Besides, another trainer already has a Flygon. (the shadowy figure from the recent Delcatty episode definitely had a Flygon to his side)
Oh, and since Trapinch is a desert Pokémon, it'd get along well with Cacnea. ^_~

Yeah, so, back on topic... James is gonna catch a Gulpin. May the writers rot in hell.

Evil Azurill
27th January 2004, 4:25 PM
Why does everyone think Ash should have a Beldum? It's not that great of a pokemon if you ask me...but that's just my opinion. Somebody should catch a Bagon. Maybe Ash.
I think may should have an Azurill. When she tried to catch one, I was disappointed when she didn't get it.

*Murkrow
27th January 2004, 6:16 PM
For some reason I've just got the idea in my head of Ash getting a Spoink/Grumpig, don't ask why, I can just imagine him running after it as it manically bounces around xD But then again, I'm weird. Other than that, I hope he'll evolve some of his current Pokés rather than catch anymore, maybe not Corpish, but Treecko and Taillow, it's annoying when he starts facing evolved trainers/gyms with un-evolved teams and managing to beat them all<personal opinion! Don't kill me because of the way I view the animé.

I can see May getting Swablu, it's cute, and does suit her. I can also see it evolving, ok, Altaria might sem to powerful for her, but, I don't know, it just suits her^_^

I hope Lotad evolves sometime soon, I'd like there to be at least one evolution in each of A/B/M's teams. The idea of Brock getting Solrock(as suggested by R.J), it'd be a throw-back to when he was a Rock type trainer.

I still wish James had got Zangoose though, though that might be favouritism butting in^_^

Snorunt conservationist
27th January 2004, 7:34 PM
As i said before,Ash for a Snorunt,and I think a Gulpin for James(what else, NOT SNORUNT!!!),a Tropius for Brock as Brock likes docile pokemon(maybe Aron, but it Shouldn't evolve), and for May either a Swablu(but she Has Beautifly)or Barboach/whiscash

JazzJazz
27th January 2004, 8:59 PM
What about Jessie? No one ever says anything about her line-up, possibly because she's always has more pokemon than James. I think it's time for wobbuffet to go... he's has his fun. They need to make way for a new source of Team Rocket's comic relief.

SpaZZ
27th January 2004, 9:22 PM
LOL that's what I also said.
That would be great material....

Trapinch would also be cool, no more digging for Meowth and James:D
and besides, strong pokemon always are weaker when used bij J&J....

pikasaiyan
27th January 2004, 9:44 PM
Ok well I think that it is quite evident that May will catch a swablu or start to think about catching one although it is slightly possible that they just come across some. Brocks lotad evolving, is slim but it is also possible. I still do not see why everyone is speculating James to catch Gulpin. Based on the title it shows no evidence that anyone will catch him, it just makes me think that gulpin repels trainers and the only way I could see James end up with him is if it beats pikachu or repels him or something like that. I would rather not see gulpin caught by anyone cause i personally am not a fan, but what can you do. Im also hoping that ash's next pokemon is spoink or a grumpig, that would be an amazing addition to his team.

poke07
27th January 2004, 10:21 PM
Well i think that james may have gulpin next. and also an episode doesent to do about anything in the title. I just think some uses for gulpin with james to have. Liek the sticky hold ability. It can be used as a comic relief. Have james use it to hold his bolttle cap collection. Or his other stuff. Whos knows mabye it may have team rockets brains. or Use it to put ash & co in a sticky situation. Ah the possibilities they could think of.

Lupin
27th January 2004, 10:29 PM
My Theroy updated.

Ash = i still reckon he will get a bug type of some sort cos he always does, like :291:

May = I agree on the :333: theory, but i also reckon she will get a :363:

Brock = The :270: to :271: theory sounds promising, like i said before i reckon he will get a :304:/:305:

James = what about a :274:. it's a grass type (james favorite i'm guessing) and it's quite funny/cool looking

Jessie = even though she doesn't need another one (she has enough), what about a :355:. It suits her, i reckon.

Kazuki Mirai
28th January 2004, 12:54 AM
Flygon for evil trainer? No way!!
I think Ash should fit with Flygon, Tropius, Absol, and Kecleon. Many reasons, Ash is like a Dragon tamer (Remember Charizard?) Ash is like a pro to get an Absol, Tropius would fit him since it reminds me of Bayleef, He would catch Kecleon in order to stop it from causing trouble (Remember Snorlax?) and I realy wish that he could get a fully evolved Pokemon except Pikachu (Sceptile, Swellow, and Crawdaunt).
Brock would get a Snorunt because ice is near water and it reminds me of Geodude, I was hoping for him to evolve Mudkip and Lotad into Marshtomp and Lomb're.
May would get Pokemon that is cute (remember Beautifly, Skitty, and Torchic?) like Swablu and evolve it into a Altaria.

I don't think Team Rocket will get a better Pokemon.

sCiZoR
28th January 2004, 1:59 AM
Well, just for the record, in AG60, Flygon made an appearance (with a person resembling Lance a lot). It defeated Ayune's Skitty using Flamethower (I think):

Click here to see the pic (http://mysite.verizon.net/a.acquahabbiw/pics/AG60.jpeg)

(¦)§ Myš†
28th January 2004, 2:41 AM
well i can see may getting a :333: and ash getting a :371: just cuz yeah it would own cuz i love dragons and they need more dragons

Kazuki Mirai
28th January 2004, 4:15 AM
Flygon is definetly using Flamethrower because Hyperbeam is a big orangish red energy blast with yellow aura surrounding it and Dragonbreath is a green color version of Flamethrower. I still hope Ash will get a Flygon since it is in the bug egg group and it resemble the combination of a dragonfly and a dragon plus Ash always get a bug pokemon like Heracross and Butterfree how about the bug breed like Flygon.

Blaze_Kicker
28th January 2004, 6:42 PM
What about Ash & co. catching one of these pokemon: :295: or :311: or :312: and maby :309:

Sceptile Trainer
28th January 2004, 7:06 PM
Ash- His Treeko evolves into grovyle :253:

May- Swablu it just fits her :333:

Brock- He catches a Aron :304:

James-He needs loads more pokemon so his cacnea evolves into a cacture (think of him giving James a hug) :332:

Jessie- She has to many!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JazzJazz
28th January 2004, 9:08 PM
What about Ash & co. catching one of these pokemon: :295: or :311: or :312: and maby :309:

I don't see anyone getting any electric types, it might steal pikachu's, well, thunder... it's his job to do the trademark thunderbolt which sends Team Rocket off.

Lupin
28th January 2004, 9:10 PM

nar. they won't give another member of thre group an electric type. It would upset Pikachu too much. lmao.

Yami Ash
28th January 2004, 9:13 PM
Gulpin sounds right.

After all, seviper is just a replacement for Arbok, snake for a snake, and Cacnea is just a replacement for Victreebell, grass type for grass type, almost the exact same physical comedy.

Yoshi
28th January 2004, 9:24 PM
Ash's Treecko will NOT evolve. He still has Treecko in the 7th movie and that comes out in July in Japan. I think Ash will not catch another Pokemon for AGES. I can see James getting Gulpin, Brock's Lotad evolving and May getting Swablu.

cameronius
29th January 2004, 1:23 AM
This is what I think:

Ash- probably get Absol

Brock- Mudkip will evolve into Marshtomp

May- I agree with Swablu

Jesse- None for awhile

James- Trapinch. It might evolve late in the season.

Eternal Eievui
29th January 2004, 2:22 AM
I feel Satoshi should get a Spoink, Haruka a Swablu, Takeshi an evolution of Lotad (Lombre), and Kojiro getting Gulpin...

Kazuki Mirai
29th January 2004, 3:28 AM
I could see why people want team rocket with powerful pokemon and rare pokemon is because they respect team rocket and usually sick of them losing sorry for being such a smart mouth but I still did notice even though if James catch a Trapinch it still would lose because despite the disadvantage of Pikachu, it would finish it off with its Irontail and thunderbolt even though it is a ground type, we saw Pikachu defeat Geodude, Golem, and Marowak. But I think he should've got that Gyarados he kicked but Misty have to take it see the special.

JazzJazz
29th January 2004, 5:10 AM
A lot of people are saying trapinch for James... but the group has already passed through the desert. I know the in-game locations of pokemon don't really have too much bearing in the anime, but it's just something to think about.

Senator Kiwi
29th January 2004, 5:32 AM
I can see James getting a Whismur that won't shut up. ANd maybe James will catch a Skakoth.

Crystal Latios
29th January 2004, 7:22 AM
James and Slakoth? Nah. I`m sure, he will catch that Gulpin. He has had Weezing, so now he will catch next, poison type pokemon.

Some people says, Slakoth will be for Max. Awww...I hope not. Max should catch his first pokemon, and it should be Ralts.

Yami Ash
29th January 2004, 7:57 AM
Is Max ever going to catch a pokemon? It seems like every other episode he befriends one, shouldn't one of those stick around?

Shutterfly
29th January 2004, 9:07 AM
Is Max ever going to catch a pokemon? It seems like every other episode he befriends one, shouldn't one of those stick around?

He isn't ten yet.
You must be ten before you can be a legal Pokemontrainer and catch some of them!
Remember that Ash had to wait before he could go on his journey!

First sentence from Pokemon in holland:

Hi,I'm Ash Ketchum,and now that I am ten years old,I finally may become a pokemon Trainer!

offcourse it was dubbed in our language! ^^

Rappy28
29th January 2004, 11:47 AM
I could see why people want team rocket with powerful pokemon and rare pokemon is because they respect team rocket and usually sick of them losing sorry for being such a smart mouth but I still did notice even though if James catch a Trapinch it still would lose because despite the disadvantage of Pikachu, it would finish it off with its Irontail and thunderbolt even though it is a ground type, we saw Pikachu defeat Geodude, Golem, and Marowak. But I think he should've got that Gyarados he kicked but Misty have to take it see the special.

¬_¬

First, I absolutely never said I wanted James to have a Flygon. Hey, what would the point be if Team Rocket ever WON a battle ??? Hell no, it'd be like, Coyote catching Road Runner, it'll NEVER happen, and that's why I love Team Rocket !
Of course Pikachu will still win, using Iron Tail or Quick Attack or whatever, because of all that "good-guy-must-always-win-yay!!!" crap, but maybe it'll add something to the battles, with its Dig and Sand Tomb.
Oh, and about its evolutions... I could see James with a Vibrava. Fine. But Flygon ? The big dragon Pokémon with kick-*** attacks such as Earthquake, Hyperbeam, Sandstorm and Dragon Breath ? Uh no, thanks, I'll keep that for my mental fanfics. XD (which I actually imagine and all, but never write them down)

Jessie ? Blah, too much Pokémon for you, dear, you'd better let your teammate catch some.

As for Ash, I agree with what some people said... Fear da Spoink ! XD

Yami Ash
29th January 2004, 6:54 PM
He isn't ten yet.
You must be ten before you can be a legal Pokemontrainer and catch some of them!
Remember that Ash had to wait before he could go on his journey!

First sentence from Pokemon in holland:

Hi,I'm Ash Ketchum,and now that I am ten years old,I finally may become a pokemon Trainer!

offcourse it was dubbed in our language! ^^

Except in the bellsprout tower episode, little 5 year old Zach caught a bellsprout, and all those little kids in another episode caught dunsparce.

10 is the age at which they can start battling, sure, but you don't have to be 10 in order to catch pokemon.

JazzJazz
29th January 2004, 9:15 PM
Except in the bellsprout tower episode, little 5 year old Zach caught a bellsprout, and all those little kids in another episode caught dunsparce.

10 is the age at which they can start battling, sure, but you don't have to be 10 in order to catch pokemon.

Exactly, young "trainers" can still have pokemon... care for them and the like, but they just can't use them for official battles.

Lupin
29th January 2004, 9:42 PM
Exactly, young "trainers" can still have pokemon... care for them and the like, but they just can't use them for official battles.

what about that school were Max joined for the day. They all had pokemon and battled with them.

the winstrate
30th January 2004, 11:27 PM
how old is max to being a pokemon trainer? he dosn't seem, or act that old. mabey in a long time he will be old enough to register to become a pokemon trainer?

Yami Ash
31st January 2004, 12:09 AM
I'm betting 8 for Max's age.

EDITED: corrected a mistake.

JazzJazz
31st January 2004, 3:46 AM
Whatever the situation with Max, he's probably going to become quite a skilled trainer... it doesn't matter what pokemon are "suited" to him, he will be able to handle whatever he gets... if he even ends up getting a pokemon at all!

chad504
31st January 2004, 7:52 AM
Ash - He will never catch a :359: because it would probably defeat all his pokemon

Torkoal was a good addition to his team. It replaces Charizard. A pretty powerful one for Ash anyway

Treeko will probably evolve. Remember that one of the starters evolves (Charizard and Bayleef) So I'm guessing that Treeko evolves into Grovyle.

May- She'll catch a very weak pokemon. Her Torchic should run away already

Although Skitty is pretty tough.

Brock- Catch a rock pokemon. Ever notice that Brock has not caught one single rock pokemon ever since he's traveled with Ash.

Max- He'll probably get the strongest pokemon out of all of them

Jesse and James: They need a poison type like Gulpin. All Rockets have poison. They possibly need a fire pokemon. They could beat up Pikachu if they had a rock type pokemon. (Never thought of that did they)

Seviper is a lame pokemon. It's so weak. It got captured by team rocket.

Cacena will probably not evolve due to it never really battles. It only hugs James

JazzJazz
31st January 2004, 9:06 PM
Ash - He will never catch a :359: because it would probably defeat all his pokemon

Another reason to rule out absol is that fact that it appeared in the 6th movie as something of a legendary (kinda)... I doubt they'll give him a pokemon like this, not after seeing the special relationship it has with jirachi.

chad504
31st January 2004, 9:37 PM
That's why people should stop talking about Ash catching an absol. They treat it like a legendary. And Ash will never catch a legendary pokemon

water trainer
31st January 2004, 10:01 PM
has no one thought that brock might catch a sorlock and theres a trainer with a lombre and brock uses lotad to catch sorlock and may yeah i think she will catch swablu but don't you think its a short time she just got a skitty not to long ago and the gulpin one james doesn't need another weak pokemon besides don't ya think team rockets pokemon would be mostley green (cacnea,dustox,gulpin)i think james should catch baltoy hey james might catch a lombre or sorlock no one thought about that did they!

JazzJazz
31st January 2004, 10:14 PM
has no one thought that brock might catch a sorlock and theres a trainer with a lombre and brock uses lotad to catch sorlock and may yeah i think she will catch swablu but don't you think its a short time she just got a skitty not to long ago and the gulpin one james doesn't need another weak pokemon besides don't ya think team rockets pokemon would be mostley green (cacnea,dustox,gulpin)i think james should catch baltoy hey james might catch a lombre or sorlock no one thought about that did they!

We're already looking at two possible captures for the three upcoming episodes (May with swublu and James with gulpin), I highly doubt a third is possible... or even the two for that matter. If anything happens in the solrock/lombre episode it'll be lotad's evolution... but even that's doubtful.

Lupin
31st January 2004, 10:54 PM
We're already looking at two possible captures for the three upcoming episodes (May with swublu and James with gulpin), I highly doubt a third is possible... or even the two for that matter. If anything happens in the solrock/lombre episode it'll be lotad's evolution... but even that's doubtful.

i agree. I like the idea of lotad evolving, but don't forget how long it took for brocks other pokemon to evolve. It took zubat two wholes seasons to evolve (i know that brock wasn't with them in the second season, but it must have gotten some experience from Prof Ivys place).

Senator Kiwi
1st February 2004, 12:31 AM
I would love to see James get an :309: Elecktrike(or anyone for that matter) but i still can't get the idea of a Whismur that wont' shut up outa my head.

BuffyBoy
1st February 2004, 2:01 AM
Ash- ???
May- A Spheal or Ralts
Brock- An Aron doesn't sound bad
James- A Feebas (he is a sucker for getting tricked)

Taillow123
2nd February 2004, 9:27 PM
I think ash will catch a absol or grovyle if treecko evolves. :276:

Potentate Carpathia
2nd February 2004, 9:52 PM
I hope May catches a Feebas. She could use Milotic for the contest in Lilycove. Well, if shes going to catch Feebas itll be alsomt after the 5th gym battle. Ill havta wait a little longer.

Crystal Latios
2nd February 2004, 10:12 PM
I hope May catches a Feebas. She could use Milotic for the contest in Lilycove. Well, if shes going to catch Feebas itll be alsomt after the 5th gym battle. Ill havta wait a little longer.

Oh yeah, she should have so nice pokemon like Milotic. Only I see one problem: Feebas isn`t the prettiest and the cutest, and May likes *only* cute and sweet pokemon, so maybe she won`t catch it, because it doesn`t look good. But, maybe she will see Milotic again, and she would like to have it on her team? Who knows?

About Ash. Now I think, he should catch that first evolution of Flygon.
Ash has never had a dragon. Well, he has had Charizard, but Char isn`t a real dragon only fire pokemon.

About Brock. I think, he should come back to his good, old rock pokemon. So maybe he should catch Solrock. Sorry, but I think, Brock looks better with rock pokemon, and his name suits to this type of pokemon.

Potentate Carpathia
2nd February 2004, 11:21 PM
I guess but maybe she'll be like, Oh, Feebas evolves into Milotic I want it. Or something along those lines. I can see her with a water pokemon too.

Yami Ash
3rd February 2004, 12:39 AM
That would be fun: Seeing May try to train a really ugly pokemon because she knows it'll evolve into a really beautiful one.

Kazuki Mirai
3rd February 2004, 1:37 AM
Absol is treated like legendary because it was one of the most favorite dark Pokemon in the game.

JazzJazz
3rd February 2004, 2:38 AM
That would be fun: Seeing May try to train a really ugly pokemon because she knows it'll evolve into a really beautiful one.

There's a chance for a few chuckles there, her calling it out and quivering before reminding herself why she's training it... "It'll turn into a milotic, it'll turn into a milotic...".

Potentate Carpathia
3rd February 2004, 3:08 AM
Acctually she kinda wouldnt be able to train a Feebas well. Think about it, how often does she battle and when she does is there always water around? Theres no way she'd be able to train it that good even though all she needs is 12 pokeblocks and raise it a tiny bit.

Mihara Kamikazi
6th February 2004, 11:27 PM
Acctually she kinda wouldnt be able to train a Feebas well. Think about it, how often does she battle and when she does is there always water around? Theres no way she'd be able to train it that good even though all she needs is 12 pokeblocks and raise it a tiny bit.

Milotic would be a great Pokemon for Misty, in my opinion.

~Mihara

JazzJazz
7th February 2004, 3:05 AM
Milotic would be a great Pokemon for Misty, in my opinion.

~Mihara

The action of giving May any water pokemon would immediately have her compared to Misty... everyone will jump in and say that Misty could train it better or it'd be better suited to her. For these reasons and more I don't think we'll see May with any water pokemon, Ash and Brock kinda have it covered for the group anyway.

Pokeballs
7th February 2004, 7:42 AM
i think may will catch a swablu and later have it evolve into altaria, i mean it's pretty small, only about 3 feet tall

JazzJazz
7th February 2004, 8:58 PM
i think may will catch a swablu and later have it evolve into altaria, i mean it's pretty small, only about 3 feet tall

Swablu is certainly a possibility, though it's been diminished a little since Brock's lotad just evolved (yes, I know captures/evolutions can happen in consecutive episodes, but it's rare). May is suited to those types which seem "gentler", she doesn't need to rely on her pokemon for battling as much as the others... her focus is on their appeal and skills in contests.

Pokeballs
8th February 2004, 3:19 AM
how bout a slaking for ash, it'll be his hoenn snorlax, but he'd have to capture it as slaking not as a slakoth
it'd be kinda cool but highly doubtful

JazzJazz
8th February 2004, 5:40 AM
I was just thinking how cool it would be to have one of the characters engage in a tarde with some trainer that they meet along the way. Not some lame, accidental trade like how Jessie got wobbuffet... I'm talking a proper, legitimate trade. However, I know it'll probably never happen...

Pokeballs
8th February 2004, 7:26 AM
although it would be cool i can't see the main characters giving up one of their pokemon, cept maybe jassie and wobbufet

Plusle 07
8th February 2004, 2:46 PM
The only Pokemon on Team Rocket's current lineup who could evolve beside Meowth (which likely won't happen) is Cacnea. I do see Cacnea evolving. Surprisingly, it has a lot of experience (in my opinion, it puts up a much better fight than Weezing or Victreebel ever did.)

Gulpin for Team Rocket? Not hardly. I can see James with a sneaky, sly Linoone (because Butch has Mightyena) and Jessie with a screeching, annoying Banette (because Cassidy has Sableye.)

Kenta Steel
8th February 2004, 4:36 PM
May: Swablu
Why?
This:

Now Swablu and Alataria Really Fits May because of Clouds and the sky what May Dreams of.
AND I think May will More Dream of an Alataria After Ash did the Gym Battle with Wiona. Because when they are there Swablu isent Evolved Yet For sure.

Well this is my theory

Potentate Carpathia
8th February 2004, 5:22 PM
I was just thinking how cool it would be to have one of the characters engage in a tarde with some trainer that they meet along the way. Not some lame, accidental trade like how Jessie got wobbuffet... I'm talking a proper, legitimate trade. However, I know it'll probably never happen...

Ash already tried a trade and you know how he felt so know it porbably will never happen. Anyway I hope May catches a Swablu and keeps it as a Swablu.

pikasaiyan
8th February 2004, 7:53 PM
I am really getting confident that May will catch a Swablue because it is becoming apparent that she is going to use a different pokemon for each contest she participates in, until that pokemon wins a contest. So unless she is going to stop neglecting torchic and enter it into a contest, then I'm pretty sure that she is going to catch swablu.

JazzJazz
8th February 2004, 9:46 PM
Ash already tried a trade and you know how he felt so know it porbably will never happen. Anyway I hope May catches a Swablu and keeps it as a Swablu.

That was unique, butterfree was his first pokemon so I can see why he wanted to reverse the trade. He's a lot more mature now so perhaps he can see the benefits of trading. Anyway, it doesn't have to be Ash who trades...

Lupin
8th February 2004, 10:17 PM
I am really getting confident that May will catch a Swablue because it is becoming apparent that she is going to use a different pokemon for each contest she participates in, until that pokemon wins a contest. So unless she is going to stop neglecting torchic and enter it into a contest, then I'm pretty sure that she is going to catch swablu.

Thats a good theory that. I hope that she does enter torchic in one though cos i love her torchic.

Yami Ash
8th February 2004, 10:32 PM
Thats a good theory that. I hope that she does enter torchic in one though cos i love her torchic.

I'd wait until it's Blaziken (I've just kind of grown to believe it will evolve into it eventually) before we see it in a contest.

Potentate Carpathia
9th February 2004, 8:48 PM
Well, according to the newest AG title Treecko is most likely evolving. But I dont no because if this is right and James and may catch pokemon that will be four episode about Catches and evolutions so I dont think James will catch a Gulpin and Mays chances kinda went down the drain.

Crystal Latios
9th February 2004, 9:20 PM
Maybe Treecko will really evolve? *GM is scared* but.... Ash needs stronger pokemon in his team. Bye bye old, good Treecko, now you will be Grovyle.

Torkoal Greg, I think James will catch that Gulpin;) He just need more pokemon (poor guy, has only one, little poke u.u ) and Gulpin is a good
chance for him: little, poison pokemon^^

Wolf Goddess
10th February 2004, 3:51 AM
I think Ash sould catch a Trapinch. A female would be nice too.^_^ I think it would be funny for Ash to catch Febass. Just think of May thinking it's soo ugly she's shoveing Pokeblocks down its throat. Then it evolves into Melotic, and she wants it. But it hates Pokemon Contests and refuses to do them when she borrows it from Ash.

JazzJazz
10th February 2004, 4:27 AM
Torkoal Greg, I think James will catch that Gulpin;) He just need more pokemon (poor guy, has only one, little poke u.u ) and Gulpin is a good chance for him: little, poison pokemon^^

If he truly needed another pokemon he would've gotten it long ago... he's only had one pokemon (weezing/cacnea) for some time. I really hope he does get another soon though...

Wolf Goddess
10th February 2004, 5:34 AM
I think James should catch Gulpin. May should catch Swablu. I hope Brock gets a rcok type, even if he likes water types now.

Plusle 07
10th February 2004, 6:12 AM
If the newest episode title means what it means, then Grovyle will be Ash's newest Pokemon.

It'd be nice if Team Rocket caught Loudred and then it evolved into Exploud. Not Jessie or James, just as a team member like Meowth. It'd be hard to make a Pokemon like that seem as pathetic and weak as the rest of their team.

JazzJazz
10th February 2004, 9:12 PM
I hope Brock gets a rcok type, even if he likes water types now.

Given that Brock's lotad is set to evolve in the next episode I don't see his next capture being for some time... though we could, as has happened in the past, be surprised.

ATKtrains
10th February 2004, 9:56 PM
Okay here's what I think:

Ash: I think he'd look cool with a Grumpig or Spoink. Or perhaps a Kecleon.

May: Swablu, or Shroomish.

Brock: I really don't know. Makuhita maybe?

Those are just my ideas. They could catch any Pokemon as the series goes on. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Plusle 07
11th February 2004, 3:58 PM
Okay here's what I think:

Ash: I think he'd look cool with a Grumpig or Spoink. Or perhaps a Kecleon.

May: Swablu, or Shroomish.

Brock: I really don't know. Makuhita maybe?

Those are just my ideas. They could catch any Pokemon as the series goes on. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I think if Ash was to have Kecleon, he would have had it. There have been two anime appearances of Kecleon already (well, three if you count Greeny, Reddy and Harrison's Kecleon) and they were not wild Kecleon. I don't know. Spoink doesn't seem like an Ash Pokemon. If Ash were to catch a Psychic type, I'd rather see him with Ralts, because according to the Ruby/Sapphire Pokedex, a Gardevoir is very protective of its trainer and will risk its own life for them. Ash's Pokemon are very loyal to him, so even though Gardevoir seems like a more feminine Pokemon, I could see it trying to protect Ash in the heat of a battle. I also would like to see Ash catch Breloom for a Fighting type in his arsenal.

I don't think May should catch Swablu, but knowing the writers' ways... we'll see. Shroomish, eh... Brock's already Lotad/Lombre. No more Grass types for a while. May with that Azurill from episode 2 maybe... or May with Luvdisc. I don't know really.

Brock and Makuhita sounds like an odd combination, but it could be done. I'd much rather prefer Brock with Mawile or Brock with Aron/Lairon.

JazzJazz
11th February 2004, 9:27 PM
I think if Ash was to have Kecleon, he would have had it. There have been two anime appearances of Kecleon already (well, three if you count Greeny, Reddy and Harrison's Kecleon) and they were not wild Kecleon.

Ash capturing torkoal proves that seeing a trainer with a pokemon does not mean that one of the characters cannot catch one of those pokemon in future episodes...

Plusle 07
13th February 2004, 1:51 AM
I know that. I was just saying that it's been a long time since Kecleon has appeared. It's made its appearance, come and gone. I didn't think there was any reason for it now.

Wolf Goddess
14th February 2004, 6:41 AM
I think Ash's Treecko will evolve. I'm still hopeing he will catch a Trapinch. It'd be perfect. Mabye a Spoink. He needs a Psychic.

Kenta Steel
14th February 2004, 8:48 AM
Or Maybe a Bagon would fit in the story!

Pikachu Rocks!
14th February 2004, 9:23 AM
Treecko needs to evolve into grovyle then sceptile and Ash also needs a flygon because at least one of the main characters needs a dragon Pokémon. A grumpig would be good too. May needs a swablu that will then evolve into altaria. Brock needs an exploud.

Lupin
14th February 2004, 8:17 PM
i dount that Ash will get a psychic type as it doesn't suit him. If he does get a trapinch (a good replacement for phanpy), it will properly only evolve once and stay that way. I can't see Ash with a Flygon.

Kenta Steel
14th February 2004, 8:48 PM
Same here. Ash dosent Like to Evolve Squirtle and Bulbasaur are still in their First Form After SOOO Long.

Kazuki Mirai
14th February 2004, 8:57 PM
Yes, I could see it now, Ash catching a Bagon in the Meteor Falls, or maybe catching Trapinch somewhere that's not a desert, it happened the same thing with Cacnea why not Trapinch? A dragon type or breed would be good for Ash, look he got a Totodile, Charizard and Treecko that soon to evolve.

JazzJazz
14th February 2004, 8:58 PM
Treecko needs to evolve into grovyle then sceptile and Ash also needs a flygon because at least one of the main characters needs a dragon Pokémon.

I'm so tired of all this NEED talk. The fact is that the characters manage with whatevers the writers choose to give them. If Ash had a team of 6 dunsparce he'd somehow manage, despite what people say he NEEDS. Sure, a dragon-type would be nice for someone, but don't go thinking that it's essential.

Link
14th February 2004, 9:04 PM
I could see him with a Trapinch

Plusle 07
15th February 2004, 12:29 PM
I agree about the whole needing thing. Captures and evolutions and gym battles are what makes the show unfold, but I still see everyone watching the filler episodes because they're new, not necessarily because of their content. Nobody needs to see any new captures or evolutions, but it'd be nice to have at least two of Ash's Pokemon evolve, and for him to capture maybe one or two more. I also still believe that May should make Skitty evolve because the writers are making a puny little cat look like a hotshot.

nlsanders
15th February 2004, 1:16 PM
when then the heck is may's torchic going to evolve?

Crystal Latios
15th February 2004, 1:20 PM

I hope- it will never evolve. Combusken and Blaziken don`t suit to May.
She likes only cute pokemon.

Gravy
15th February 2004, 1:25 PM
I hope- it will never evolve. Combusken and Blaziken don`t suit to May.
She likes only cute pokemon.
Agreed. And I fail to see why so many people insist otherwise ;o Although, personally I think Combusken is actually cute ^^; But otherwise, it wouldn't happen. I don't understand why so many people are absolutly obbsessed with evolutions lately.

Yami Ash
15th February 2004, 6:59 PM
Didn't May like the look of Blaziken when she saw it in her pokedex?

Plus I'm pretty sure it's got some good contest moves.

Potentate Carpathia
15th February 2004, 7:10 PM
May did say in the episode "A Bite to Remember" she would love to have a Combusken. I dont think Torchic will evolve but there is the possibility.

JazzJazz
15th February 2004, 9:21 PM

Like the majority of the group's pokemon, probably never...

Sceptile Trainer
16th February 2004, 8:33 AM
Torchic is a sweet little cute pokemon witch suits may.
Combusken is kinda' cute.
Blaziken, No way

Torchic could evolve into Combusken
But never into blaziken

New_Trasey
16th February 2004, 10:16 AM
Torchics evolve will make her team stronger.
but I think torchic will stay as it is.
who should be the clown if it evolves

nlsanders
16th February 2004, 2:35 PM
LOL i think ash brock and max would be very surprised if torchic evolved into blazekin

JazzJazz
16th February 2004, 9:22 PM
Torchic could evolve, we have seen female characters with really strong pokemon before... if May ended up with a blaziken it'd be a mirror for Liza with Ash's charizard and her own Charla.

Lupin
16th February 2004, 9:38 PM
Torchic could evolve, we have seen female characters with really strong pokemon before... if May ended up with a blaziken it'd be a mirror for Liza with Ash's charizard and her own Charla.

It would be funny to see May with a Combustion, but i'm still hoping she will get a Speal.

ultimatecharizard
16th February 2004, 10:45 PM
Here's what I hope he gets: :284: :355: :326: :340: :289: :330: :365: :357: :321: plus all his pokemon that he has should evolve!

Cyndaquil
17th February 2004, 6:51 PM
A whiscash will suit Brock 100% (ground/ water) so i think he'll get 1. Also i think Misty has a Blastoise as in the new movie there is 1 and i think she'll do a cameo.

JazzJazz
17th February 2004, 9:20 PM
A whiscash will suit Brock 100% (ground/ water) so i think he'll get 1. Also i think Misty has a Blastoise as in the new movie there is 1 and i think she'll do a cameo.

Could be a cameo from Gary...

Plusle 07
18th February 2004, 9:03 AM
Yes. I am almost positive in my thinking that Harrison and Gary will return. Blaziken and Blastoise being main Pokemon just seems too unusual otherwise...

Also, I never thought about Brock getting Whiscash. That sounds very interesting, considering the Ground/Water type combination. I also think Quagsire would suit him, but Brock's not going to get Quagsire any time this season or next. I think if Brock were to ever get Whiscash, he'd catch it as a Barboach first. Very interesting.

Alfonso
18th February 2004, 11:47 AM
My theory is that Lapras will return, to help Ash and co. across the huge sea parts of Houen. I mean, she's already appeared once after leaving, in the 'Lapras of Luxery', so whats to say she won't again? Ash *would* need her, unless say, they used ferry's for everything, but that would be boring. Let's see... Ash would need her after Lilycove, which seems like the perfect placefor her comeback. Perhaps there will be a small on-sea mini-saga... wishful thinking, I know. ^_^o

JazzJazz
18th February 2004, 9:25 PM
Yes. I am almost positive in my thinking that Harrison and Gary will return. Blaziken and Blastoise being main Pokemon just seems too unusual otherwise...

Also, I never thought about Brock getting Whiscash. That sounds very interesting, considering the Ground/Water type combination. I also think Quagsire would suit him, but Brock's not going to get Quagsire any time this season or next. I think if Brock were to ever get Whiscash, he'd catch it as a Barboach first. Very interesting.

I don't see him with either of these pokemon, simply because they seem to have that "dopey" quality... and Brock already has this quota filled with lotad/lombre.

poke07
18th February 2004, 10:39 PM
Why not have ash and company steal team rockets magikarp sub and sail across the ocean like they stoled team rockets baloon last couple times. Or they can get a boat.

JazzJazz
18th February 2004, 10:46 PM
Why not have ash and company steal team rockets magikarp sub and sail across the ocean like they stoled team rockets baloon last couple times. Or they can get a boat.

I only see that happening once... there's a few different journeys that they'll have to take across Hoenn's waters before the series is through.

Pokeballs
19th February 2004, 6:11 AM
how about sum1 catching a wailmer to hitch a ride on, they're pretty big
i do like the idea of stealing the sub tho...

chad504
19th February 2004, 6:48 AM
how about sum1 catching a wailmer to hitch a ride on, they're pretty big
i do like the idea of stealing the sub tho...

Yeah! Ash will probably get a pokemon such as Wailmer to ride on and possibly use it for batttle. Or they might get Mr. Briney to make the trip for them (unlikely).

Alfonso
19th February 2004, 12:00 PM
Yeah! Ash will probably get a pokemon such as Wailmer to ride on and possibly use it for batttle. Or they might get Mr. Briney to make the trip for them (unlikely).

Wailmer is way to small for Ash, May, Max and Brock to fit on. Wailord could fit them on easily... but... well, I just can't see Ash with a Pokemon that big. And I definatly couldn't see them all riding on it... I mean, that things bigger than Ash's ego! ^_~

Maxinator
19th February 2004, 12:29 PM
May with Feebas isn't too far-fetched, remember how Misty loved Tentacruel? Thats not exacly cute is it? She could also get an Eevee, that would suit her, but, we're in Hoenn now..

Ash should get a Absol, but he won't. Treeko and Tailow need to evolve. He should get rid of the fugly lobster they call Corphish, and give more moves to Torkoal! He could probably catch a :358:, It seems the kind of Pokémon he would have

Brock, wouldn't he be cool with a :217:? It ain't gonna happen though.

Shakespeare's Twin
19th February 2004, 9:46 PM
Ash
Next to evolve: Treecko. I hope they do something where almost all of Ash's Pokemon evolve in a short period of time. Maybe in the big battle with Norman? Taillow and Corphish desperatly need an evolution too.

Next to capture: Absol or Spoink. I don't consider Absol legendary, and I think Ash's current team is good to go until he can find a big new Pokemon to capture. Either Absol or Spoink would make a good Pokemon for Ash to capture. Spoink would make a good one, but I just can't see it lasting in Ash's team for too long.

Next to leave: Treecko/Grovyle. It just doesn't seem to be an infinite pat of Ash's team. It will be his best Pokemon, but something will come up and it will have to leave. I can also see Torkoal leaving, but I have a feeling after Treecko/Grovyle.

Brock
Next to evolve: Mudkip.

Next to capture: Aron or Baltoy. Just seem to fit his character.

Next to leave: Lombre. I can just see some reason for this thing to go. I wish it would becoe Ludicolo first, though.

May
Next to evolve: Torchic.

Next to capture: Swablu.

Next to leave: Beautifly.

Jessie
Next to evolve: Ralts.

Next to capture: Ralts.

Next to leave: Dustox.

James
Next to evolve: Gulpin.

Next to capture: Gulpin

Next to leave: Cacnea/Cacturne. I can see Canea evolving then leaving in the same episode.

ultimatecharizard
19th February 2004, 10:20 PM
Hoenn is supposed to be anti-Johto so I believe NONE of these pokemon are going to leave! I'm almost positive of this. It seems that you think everyone is going to let a pokemon go.

Togemon
19th February 2004, 10:26 PM
I think Ash should catch ...
A Spoink. Its a cute & tough pokemon, and I'll give Ash his first real Psycic type.
And I hope Treeko will evolve, it earned it.

I think Brock will catch a...
Wailmer/Walord. Only when they reach Lilycove, since they need a Pokemon to travel around for for the last two Gyms. But then I see him giving it away when they get too the League, or if they go back to Littleroot town, since it basicly be usless. Now if he catches a Wailmer, then it'll evolve into a Walord, but he he caught is as a Wailord, then I see Mudkip evolving near the end of Hoenn.

As for May...
As of now, I see her catching a rby/gsc Pokemon in the Safarie zone.

And I have no clue for Team Rocket, but maybe Cacnea's evolution.

cameronius
23rd February 2004, 7:26 PM
I think Ash's Treecko will evolve in the episode about Exploud and Grovyle. I came to tha coclusion because of the Solrock vs. Lombre one. Lotad evolved, why not Treecko? Brock should catch a Whiscash. It would suit him well (he then could have a ground Pokemon finally in Hoenn). Team Rocket will get an annoying Pokemon following it (like Delibird in Johto).

JazzJazz
23rd February 2004, 9:06 PM
Brock should catch a Whiscash. It would suit him well (he then could have a ground Pokemon finally in Hoenn).

As I've said before, whiscash seems like it'd be portrayed as dopey in the anime... Brock's "dopey pokemon quota" is already filled with his lombre, if he got a whiscash it'd be a bit of overkill.

Snorunt conservationist
23rd February 2004, 10:14 PM
Snorunt all the way

May-Whiscash.

Brock-Lunatone.

Plusle 07
23rd February 2004, 10:15 PM
Speaking of Delibird, has it technically stopped following Team Rocket or could it pop up at any time? I'd like to see an episode of Delibird versus Snorunt, Ice types clashing. And then perhaps instead of Team Rocket catching another new Pokemon, Snorunt could learn to follow them as well.... :)

Scaevola
24th February 2004, 1:53 AM
I personally think ash should catch an absol over a spoink/grumpig. it just seems to fit his personality better than a spring with a pearl on its head.

Plusle 07
24th February 2004, 4:04 PM
I have a feeling that Spoink/Grumpig's anime debut will show up within the next ten new episodes, but I do not think Spoink matches Ash's personality. Ash with a pig? Doubtful.

poke07
24th February 2004, 7:30 PM
I think theres a few choices for ash that is bagon, meditate and kecleon and castform these are the best suitable I can find.

JazzJazz
24th February 2004, 9:28 PM
Any money that the next pokemon Ash captures will be way out of left field, a pokemon that nobody expects him to get.

Magical Leaf
26th February 2004, 12:03 PM
Hmm......i'm not saying that this is what should happen, merely what I think will happen.

Ash: Possibly catching a Trapinch or Bagon, once fully evolved they would be the perfect replacement for Charizard.
I really wouldn't like to see him with a Sceptile, but I can see it heading in that direction. In Kanto Bulbasaur never left its first stage, in Johto Chikorita got to its second stage, so in Hoenn Treecko may reach its third stage evolution.
Taillow will most likely evolve into Swellow, but will leave soon after.
Torkoal.....I don't really have any predictions for that. He may stay he may go, it was a pretty surprise catch to begin with so who knows what will happen.
Corphish I can see staying unevolved for a long time, possibly until near the end then making a surprise evolution. It seems to just be a replacement for Krabby/Kingler.

Brock: I'd love to see him with a Ludiculo that attracts all the ladies with its dancing, but they pay no attention to Brock at all. I can just imagine it now.....
Brock: "They're supposed to be falling in love with me, not you!"
Ludicolo: "Ludi!" *dance dance dance*
He does seem to be lacking the rock pokemon he was famous for, a Solrock would set him straight, or maybe even a Baltoy or Numel.

May: Some people are saying she should catch Spheal and Swablu, I agree that these would suit her. If Spheal ever evolved then it would not go past its Sealeo stage, since Walrein isn't that cute. Swablu most likely would evolve and then possibly leave, depending on whether or not Ash caught the aformentioned Trapinch or Bagon since the team would be a little overpowered with 2 dragon pokemon.
Torchic would look good as a Combusken and would be able to retain its funny and cute charm, but Blaziken seems far too serious and strong for her.
Stone evolutions aren't very common in the anime, so i'm not sure if Skitty would ever evolve.
And I could also see May with a Spinda, I have no idea why. Maybe after seeing her try to get Torchic to battle, the results would be hilarious trying to get Spinda to fight. And it would fill the gap left by Misty and Psyduck.

Jesse and James: No more pokemon for Jesse, she needs to sit back and let James have some fun. Gulpin seems to be a popular guess for his next catch and I agree, most likely that will be the one to evolve as well, instead of Cacnea, who should stay small cute and comical.

Celebii
27th February 2004, 12:30 AM
Hey! Did you guys see? They updated Ash's profile with Grovyle. So it means...... Ash has a Grovyle Ash has a Grovyle Ash has a Grovyle Yay!!! But I hope his attitude is better than Charizards!

JazzJazz
27th February 2004, 5:06 AM
Hey! Did you guys see? They updated Ash's profile with Grovyle. So it means...... Ash has a Grovyle Ash has a Grovyle Ash has a Grovyle Yay!!! But I hope his attitude is better than Charizards!

Ash is a much better trainer now and, while we may see grovyle rebel a little so soon after evolving, I don't think it'll take Ash anywhere near as long to control it compared to the trouble he had with charizard.

Ash's new pokemon
27th February 2004, 6:38 AM
Any money that the next pokemon Ash captures will be way out of left field, a pokemon that nobody expects him to get.

Are you pyschic, because you just read my mind. When Ash goes to back to Rustboro they go to the Devon Corporation. Where they have perfected the Fossil machine, they use it and then a Anorith pops out. The first person it sees is Ash and from then on out he becomes a member of the Ash's team.

JazzJazz
27th February 2004, 8:09 PM
Are you pyschic, because you just read my mind. When Ash goes to back to Rustboro they go to the Devon Corporation. Where they have perfected the Fossil machine, they use it and then a Anorith pops out. The first person it sees is Ash and from then on out he becomes a member of the Ash's team.

Given that we've seen a lot of the anime follow the journey you go through in Ruby/Sapphire I can honestly see this happening. However, the fact that they didn't find a fossil when they went through the desert adds a touch of doubt.

poke07
27th February 2004, 11:38 PM
Given that we've seen a lot of the anime follow the journey you go through in Ruby/Sapphire I can honestly see this happening. However, the fact that they didn't find a fossil when they went through the desert adds a touch of doubt.
Yes that is true but the anime dont always follow every detail as the games do.

Silver Ryu
28th February 2004, 4:48 AM
Well, here are my ideas:

Brock: :328: , :337: or :338:
Ash: :359: ! :359: ! Ash needs an :359: !
May: :350:

Now, when I say May needs a Milotic, you're probably wondering this: "But to get a Milotic, she'd need a Feebas first, and there's no way she'd get that!" Well, here's my theory:
May accedently catches a Feebas, after fishing for it, and being appaled by its ugliness. In a desperate attempt to make it less ugly, she feeds it tons of Beauty pokeblocks. Eventually, it evolves, and Max spouts some information on how Feebas evolves when its beauty condition is maxed out. May is delighted with her beautiful new Pokemon. Then, either from her own thoughts, or from Max, she finds out that since its maxed out beauty condition caused it to evolve, that means it would be perfect for contests.
It's the best Pokemon for her! Beautiful, and the perfect contest Pokemon!
Ash soooooo needs an Absol! He's never had a Dark type before, and Absol is the perfect Pokemon for Ash's sixth slot!
I agree that a Lunatone or Solrock would fit Brock well, but you're probably wondering about that Trapinch. Well, I really think Ash needs an Absol, and I think that as a Ground, or part ground if it evolves, which it must if Brock gets one, it would be good for him. And Ash and crew have never had a Dragon type before, and it's time for them to get some new and unusual types. (And no, I'm not suggesting this because I'm a Dragon Pokemon fan!) And it might be funny:
Brock: Go, Trapinch!
Trapinch: *Comes out, and bites Brock on the butt*
XD XD XD!
Well, this is just my opinion.

Rei_Zero
28th February 2004, 5:21 AM
Remember, they may not need to fossil for a fossil pokemon. No doubt Devon Corp. will have one to test with. If anything, I think it would be great if Ash and Brock both had a fossil pokemon. It would be even better if Ash got an anorith and Brock got a lileep and the two pokemon remember each other as foes.

Crystal Latios
28th February 2004, 12:44 PM
I don`t know why, but I don`t see Ash with Absol. Also, if his Corphish evolves, he will have a dark type pokemon. Of course, I hope, it won`t evolve, because I love this little "Hei Hei".

New_Trasey
28th February 2004, 12:48 PM
I dont think Corpish will evolve.
It use to be only one of his pokemon "graas-fire-water"
that evolves. abnd this time it was treecko.

But he has only had one waterpokemon evolution "krappy-kingler"
So maybe its one time with a new.
If Corpish evolves I dont think it belog to Ashs team. (to strange)

Rappy28
28th February 2004, 1:23 PM
Ash :
-I think Corphish will evolve, but I hope not ; like everyone, I love his hei hei ! Shiza shiza just wouldn't be the same...
-Absol ? No way... It is almost considered a legendary in the 6th movie, and it's a pure Dark type... And it's cool ! There's no way Ash could get that uber cool Pokémon !!!! >_< He already has Grovyle acting as the bad-*** of the group !
-I think a totally unexpected Pokémon would be nice... Something like Baltoy or Shuppet. But not Trapinch. No. He can't have our Trapinch, precious. *hugs tightly James and Trapinch*
-Either Baltoy/Shuppet... or Beldum. Face it, the hero gets one in the game, maybe when Team Twerp will arrive at Mossdeep, Steven will give him Beldum, who knows...

May :
-I think Skitty will evolve someday. But not now. As for Torchic, nah, I don't think it will. It's just too cute like it is. *Cyndaquil syndrome*
-Hey, maybe May should catch a... Mawile !! I love the little thing, and its real face is actually very cute ! It could be a running gag, acting like a crybaby when it's released, and then wanting to chomp down on everyone. XD
-Uhh... Spheal ?

Brock :
-MAKE LOMBRE EVOLVE !!!!
-As for Mudkip, I don't know. It shouldn't evolve, seeing as it's cute an' all, but on the other hand, its evolutions are Water/Ground types, an interesting combination for Brock.
-Bar-boach, Bar-boach, Bar-boach !

Eternal Eievui
28th February 2004, 1:37 PM
Satoshi:
Grovyle - Evolve! I want to see you evolve!!! (2nd Bulbasaur)
Corphish - Evolve if you want to, I hardly care (2nd Crabby)
Taillow - You must evolve, maybe you might actually do something (2nd Noctowl)
Pikachu - This thing never evolves
Torkoal - ^As above (2nd Cyndaquil/Squirtle)
Spoink - A Psychic type! Yeah! And a pig too! Wee! (2nd Primeape!)

Haruka:
Torchic - Evolve for a Tough Contest!
Skitty - Cute, your fine.
Beautifly - You need to be a bit more used.

Takeshi:
Mudkip - Meh, evolution?
Lombre - I want to see Ludicolo! Evolve!
I have no more pkmn in mind for Takeshi...

Crystal Latios
28th February 2004, 3:00 PM
And here is my idea:)

Ashy Washy
Pikachu- it will never evolve
Corphish- no no no! Stay sweet Corphish. I hope, it will never evolve. It
is strong, so it doesn`t need evolution.
Torkoal- hehe
Taillow- evolution! It really needs evolution. Taillow has never won a battle. It is the weakest Ash`s pokemon.
Grovyle- I really hope, it will evolve, like Charmeleon.
I have no idea- which pokemon Ash should catch. I know, it should have a psychic type of pokemon or maybe dark.

May
Torchic- it shouldn`t evolve. May likes cute pokemon, and Combusken isn`t so cute. Also, Torchic is my favorite pokemon and I wanna see it all the time:)
Skitty- I hope it will evolve. Maybe not now, but later.
Bautifly- it should stay with May.

Brock
Lombre- awww.... it should evolve. Lombre is sweet but Ludicolo is stronger and I think- funny too.
Mudkip- it shouldn`t evolve. It is so sweet and not so weak. If Ash`s pokemon don`t evolve, Mudkip shouldn`t evolve too.
Foretress- it should stay.

New_Trasey
28th February 2004, 3:02 PM
And here is my idea:)

Ashy Washy
Pikachu- it will never evolve
Corphish- no no no! Saty sweet Corphish. I hope, it will never evolve. It
is strong, so it doesn`t need evolution.
Torkoal- hehe
Taillow- evolution! It really needs evolution. Taillow has never won a battle. It is the weakest Ash`s pokemon.
Grovyle- I really hope, it will evolve, like Charmeleon.
I have no idea- which pokemon Ash should catch. I know, it should have a psychic type of pokemon or maybe dark.

May
Torchic- it shouldn`t evolve. May likes cute pokemon, and Combusken isn`t so cute. Also, Torchic is my favorite pokemon and I wanna see it all the time:)
Skitty- I hope it will evolve. Maybe not now, but later.
Bautifly- it should stay with May.

Brock
Lombre- awww.... it should evolve. Lombre is sweet but Ludicolo is stronger and I think- funny too.
Mudkip- it shouldn`t evolve. It is so sweet and not so weak. If Ash`s pokemon don`t evolve, Mudkip shouldn`t evolve too.
Foretress- it should stay.

Well I dont have to tell mine
it looks like that.
thou I think Grovyle shouldnt evolve.
I think its best now.

the winstrate
28th February 2004, 5:50 PM
i hope grovyle evos soon, because grovyles are ugly.

Rappy28
28th February 2004, 7:54 PM
Well I dont have to tell mine
it looks like that.
thou I think Grovyle shouldnt evolve.
I think its best now.

Agreed, I think Grovyle should stay as it is, though it will probably evolve. Bleh. Grovyle is the coolest, while Sceptile is ugly. >_<

JazzJazz
28th February 2004, 9:09 PM
Ash :
-Absol ? No way... It is almost considered a legendary in the 6th movie, and it's a pure Dark type... And it's cool ! There's no way Ash could get that uber cool Pokémon !!!!

That's what I was thinking. Given how significant absol seems to be in the 6th movie (i.e its connection with jirachi), I don't see any chance of it becoming a member of Ash's team.

Kanto Trio
28th February 2004, 11:14 PM
I think the next pokemon Ash will capture will be a Spoink seeing that he could use a psychic type pokemon.

Plusle 07
29th February 2004, 2:54 AM
On the topic of Absol, I'm thinking of it to be more like Suicune. Ho-oh is the overall watcher and protector of Ash, but Suicune was more or less a moderate protector (who kind of was like a minion of Ho-oh's.) Ho-oh created Suicune, so do you think that perhaps Absol was created by another Legendary, Rayquaza perhaps (or Groudon/Kyogre?) No way Ash would ever get Absol, but it's possible that Absol could be protecting/following Ash one day (as it is shown in the opening of the American television series.)

Now after this Grovyle evolution, the next Pokemon I'm expecting to see on anybody's team is Swellow. I don't think Ash will evolve anymore Pokemon until after Fortree City Gym (where Taillow would evolve against one of Winona's birds, maybe Altaria) or have anymore caught. I don't think that May or Brock will be catching anymore Pokemon, but I do expect and hope that Lombre will evolve into Ludicolo in the Dancing Ludicolo Battle episode coming soon.

Lady Dragonrider
29th February 2004, 3:28 AM
Erm...Absol isn't a legendary as far as I know. There are more than one in the games, unlike Suicune who's supposed to be one-of-a-kind.

Grovyle
29th February 2004, 4:39 AM
Satoshi
Pikachu - I don't this little guy is never going to evolve. He's the flagship Pokemon of the game and anime. Sure, personally I'd love to see him evolve, but sadly it's not going to happen. :(
Taillow - Okay, the bird has to evolve. Let's face it, he's barely won any battles. He lost to opponents like Roselia and Machop, and he would've been beaten by Beautifly had Haruka remembered it's attacks.
Grovyle - Heh heh, I just knew this guy was going to evolve. X3 As for him evolving any further... personally I don't like the idea. Grovyle has a sleek bad-*** apperence to him, and evolving him into the goofy looking Sceptile would just hurt his image.
Corphish - Again, like Grovyle, evolving Corphish would likely hurt his personality. It's difficult to see a Crawdaunt acting the way Corphish does now. Sides, Corphish is pretty strong in his own right, and evolution is pretty unnessecary.
Torkoal - Torkoal needs to evolve in order t- never mind. ._.;

As for future members to Satoshi's team, I just can't see him with a Spoink. It's a little too much on the cute side, and as we've seen with the rest of Satoshi's group, the writers aren't just throwing cute stuff at him to catch.
Duskull would be a nice member to the team. A little cute, but not too cute like Spoink. I could see him like Haunter, being a goofy Pokemon that likes to joke around.
A few people commented on the idea of Satoshi getting an Absol. I kinda like this idea. Not only would it give him a better image to the viewers, but I could see it play a role in the plotline. Being a disaster Pokemon, it could predict an on-coming threat to the world, like Team Magma/Aqua awakening Groudon and Kyogre.
I can't really see Satoshi with a Trapinch. I mean, a ground type would work on his team, but I just don't like the idea of Satoshi having two short orange-ish Pokemon with pinchers. Maybe a Vibrava... but not a Trapinch.

Haruka-chan
Torchic - Seriously, I doubt little Torchic's gonna evolve. Haruka's taken the flag as the cute Pokemon owner, and personally I don't think Combusken is exactly what I'd call cute. >_>;
Beautifly - Uh... it's already evolved all the way! *runs*
Skitty - Again, I doubt it's gonna evolve. Sure Delcatty is cute, but Skitty is much more popular with it's target audience.

As for Haruka's possible other Pokemon, I could see Ralts, Spoink, Swablu or Spheal on her team.

Takeshi
Forretress - *mutters* I still think he should've brought Geodude with him instead... *coughs* Anyway, I dunno if he's going to lose Forretress or not.
Lombre - This little guy evolving is debatable. As I've seen in a few episodes, I've seen Takeshi using his lilypad as a tray to hold his medicenes and Pokefood in, and like his pre-evolved form, he's got a dopey personality. Evolving him would make Takeshi lose his tray, and his personality has a chance of totally changing to a hyperactive type. As much as I'd like to see a Ludicolo on the good guy's side, I dunno.
Mudkip - Dunno about this guy, I could see him reaching the Marshtomp level, but I dunno about Swampert.

Masato
A long shot, but I could see him with a Slakoth. Maybe when they get back to Veranturf, Masato will hopefully get along better with the Slaoth Norman offered him, and he'll bring it along with him on the journey.

Brave Fenc- erm, Musashi
She has enough Pokemon thank you very much. >>;

Koujiro
Cacnea - I think personally this little guy should evolve. If it does it better lose it's habit of hugging James. That would be just creepy. O.o;

Koujiro really needs some more Pokemon on his team. I mean, Musashi has three and he has one. How unfair is that?
A lot of people said he should've gotten a Gulpin. A novel idea, as it would be like having a replacement Weezing, but I have a better idea. Why not a Swalot? I could see it eating all the food in sight, like the Gulpins did in their debut episode. ^^
The Zangoose idea was interesting too, but I don't think we need another running gag with Pokemon being brought out. Cacnea's hugging gag is enough.
A Linoone would also be interesting. Can't say exactly why.

Lupin
29th February 2004, 3:00 PM
i agree with some people. Absol seems to rare for Ash to get and i can't see him with a Spoink either.

Gravy
29th February 2004, 3:34 PM
Erm...Absol isn't a legendary as far as I know. There are more than one in the games, unlike Suicune who's supposed to be one-of-a-kind.
Thats very true. But, it appears that Absol is being made out to be one of those pokémon that has a legendary-ish aura to it, what with its role in the 6th movie and its odd cameo with Lati@s in the opening.
Besides, he does already have 3 powerhouse pokémon now, so he doesn't really need another one does he? Grovyle, Torkoal and Corphish are made out to be tough types.

New_Trasey
1st March 2004, 8:55 AM
I think Absol is more like Unown.
not legend but exstremly rare.

But I hope we will see it with a trainer.

Nike
1st March 2004, 4:30 PM
The reason I don't think J&J would get a Linoone/Zigzagoon is its Pick Up ability would make it too easy

Steel Pikachu
2nd March 2004, 2:24 AM
Ash

Pikachu- will never evolve
Grovyle - will evolve into sceptile like charmeleon
Taillow - needs to evolve because it's too weak
Corphish - I don't think it will evolve
Torkoal - can't evolve

I also think brock's lombre will evolve.

JazzJazz
2nd March 2004, 2:58 AM
The reason I don't think J&J would get a Linoone/Zigzagoon is its Pick Up ability would make it too easy

Something just hit me... zigzagoon/linoone would be perfect for James. Having the pick-up ability, it could always find bottlecaps for him, etc... there'd always be room for a chuckle when he squeals about a rare bottlecap.

New_Trasey
2nd March 2004, 9:08 AM
Hmm
then I think it should be Liloone.
We havent seen that in an epi. yet. So I hope that James will get one.
It can be his new "growlithe"

Plusle 07
2nd March 2004, 9:54 AM
I'm glad people are agreeing with me. I suggested Linoone a while back for James. Other reasons in addition to the ones that are posted here are because Butch has a Mightyena, and to me, Mightyena/Linoone seem like opposite counterparts (such as Beautifly/Dustox, for example.) Kind of how Raticate stood in for Meowth on Butch and Cassidy's team.

Crystal Latios
2nd March 2004, 10:07 AM
Guys, we have another topic about TR`s new pokemon. Here we talk only about Ash`s&co new pokemon, ok?

chad504
3rd March 2004, 6:18 AM
Guys, we have another topic about TR`s new pokemon. Here we talk only about Ash`s&co new pokemon, ok?

(off topic)

Golden Mew! This is happening too much. There are so many topics on Ash and company's pokemon. You have a rule up or something. I see more than enough topics closed. This shouldn't be happening

Ash's new pokemon
3rd March 2004, 7:59 AM
I think that Taillow, Corphish, Grovyle will all evolve into thier final evolutions. I believe that Ash will get Anorith and Trapnich as his final two pokemon. That Anorith will be sent to Professor Oaks so he can study it and that Trapnich will evolve into a Vibrava.

New_Trasey
3rd March 2004, 8:06 AM
I dont think the 3 will evolve to their finals.
that have never happend So I dont think it will now.
I only think that Taillow evolves.

Plusle 07
3rd March 2004, 2:53 PM
Ash with Anorith? Why would they give Ash a prehistoric Pokemon? If they were to give somewhere a prehistoric Pokemon, or Anorith moreless, it'd be Brock because it's a Rock type (Bug too) and it can learn Water attacks (Brock is keen to water this season and still can be traced back to being a Rock Gym Leader).

If Taillow evolved and then left, then Ash could actually get a decent new Flying type.

poke07
3rd March 2004, 7:55 PM
Ash with Anorith? Why would they give Ash a prehistoric Pokemon? If they were to give somewhere a prehistoric Pokemon, or Anorith moreless, it'd be Brock because it's a Rock type (Bug too) and it can learn Water attacks (Brock is keen to water this season and still can be traced back to being a Rock Gym Leader).

If Taillow evolved and then left, then Ash could actually get a decent new Flying type.
Like what decent flying would he get like wingull. because theres not much flying types in hoenn no doubt that he will keep taillow if he evolves.

Lupin
3rd March 2004, 8:55 PM
Like what decent flying would he get like wingull. because theres not much flying types in hoenn no doubt that he will keep taillow if he evolves.

taillow evolving is a good possablity. And he will always keep him on his squad.

Shiny May
3rd March 2004, 8:59 PM
Yeah Taillow definately needs to evolve, it's a little bit too small to gain real strength and it would be nice. But I really doubt it for the moments since there are many evolutions or capture the last 20 episodes. So it might be slowing down for the next episodes.

Ash's new pokemon
3rd March 2004, 9:13 PM

After the "Stairway to Devon" episode where the writers have introduce the machine that could make extinct pokemon live again, like in the ruby/sapphire. I have assumed that there is a good possiblity that Ash & Co could get a fossil from the desert and have it revujenated like in the game. Especially how the ruby/sapphire storyline and the episodes are remarkably similar. Look at the gym battles, team aqua and magma, Briney and his wingull, steven, Winstrate family, pokemon contests and there are a few more people, places, and events that come straight from the game.

You bring up a good point that it could almost be that Brock could get Anorith instead of Ash. However all the pokemon Brock have gotten in Hoenn are at least part water types (Mudkip-only water but if evolves will get part ground type and Lombre is water and grass). Even though Anorith has water gun just like you said its a bug and rock type. I could see Brock getting a wingull. I just assume that MOST of the cool, powerful, rare pokemon go to Ash.

There was a post that remarked that Taillow was almost similar to Noctowl. I though Taillow was more like Pidgeot especially since they have quick attack, wing attack, and agility in common.

Lupin
3rd March 2004, 9:22 PM
After the "Stairway to Devon" episode where the writers have introduce the machine that could make extinct pokemon live again, like in the ruby/sapphire. I have assumed that there is a good possiblity that Ash & Co could get a fossil from the desert and have it revujenated like in the game. Especially how the ruby/sapphire storyline and the episodes are remarkably similar. Look at the gym battles, team aqua and magma, Briney and his wingull, steven, Winstrate family, pokemon contests and there are a few more people, places, and events that come straight from the game.

But the aminie usually follows the games.

JazzJazz
3rd March 2004, 9:40 PM
I believe that Ash will get Anorith and Trapnich as his final two pokemon. That Anorith will be sent to Professor Oaks so he can study it and that Trapnich will evolve into a Vibrava.

I see this happening, the whole sending a pokemon to Oak's for research thing. Ash will no doubt get more than a full team in Hoenn and the perfect excuse to make a spot available on his team for another pokemon is a need for Oak to study a pokemon he hasn't encountered yet (like he did with heracross).

poke07
4th March 2004, 12:38 AM
I see this happening, the whole sending a pokemon to Oak's for research thing. Ash will no doubt get more than a full team in Hoenn and the perfect excuse to make a spot available on his team for another pokemon is a need for Oak to study a pokemon he hasn't encountered yet (like he did with heracross).
Well that is no surprise to me because in each region ash alway get more than six pokemon. and the others sent to oaks. He may get three or four extra pokemon after his six on the way.

Yami Ash
4th March 2004, 1:16 AM
I dont think the 3 will evolve to their finals.
that have never happend So I dont think it will now.

No, Treecko (a starter), Corphish (a crab) and Taillow (a bird) evolving to their highest form is perfectly in keeping with tradition.

After all, Charizard (a starter), Kingler (a crab), and Pidgeot (a bird) evolved to their highest form in the first season.

New_Trasey
4th March 2004, 7:03 AM
yah, but he realised Pidgeot, left Charizard and Kingler stayed at Oak.

If it happenda again, he wont go with them, because then his team is powerful. And he have never had a really powerful team with him.
He have allways had some "weakers".

JazzJazz
4th March 2004, 9:17 PM
No, Treecko (a starter), Corphish (a crab) and Taillow (a bird) evolving to their highest form is perfectly in keeping with tradition.

After all, Charizard (a starter), Kingler (a crab), and Pidgeot (a bird) evolved to their highest form in the first season.

I don't think you should look at anything from past series for the basis of speculation, especially with AG. I don't think Ash's team will follow the same pattern that you described.

Yami Ash
5th March 2004, 5:57 AM
I don't think you should look at anything from past series for the basis of speculation, especially with AG. I don't think Ash's team will follow the same pattern that you described.

Except, for those of you paying attention, I was merely responding to a point brought up by New_Trasey, who said that it had never happened before, and showed him how it had, indeed, happened before.

JazzJazz
5th March 2004, 6:30 AM
Except, for those of you paying attention, I was merely responding to a point brought up by New_Trasey, who said that it had never happened before, and showed him how it had, indeed, happened before.

Sorry.

Anyway, another point, the fact that something has or hasn't happened before is irrelevant... anything is possible, the next pokemon to be captured/evolve could be almost anything (within reason).

poke07
6th March 2004, 8:46 PM
Since this is ag now and its unpredictable ash may capture a pokemon that is popular in japan that we havent thought of.

Lupin
9th March 2004, 8:56 PM
Since this is ag now and its unpredictable ash may capture a pokemon that is popular in japan that we havent thought of.

like what. What pokemon is popular in japan that isn't taht popular over here.

JazzJazz
9th March 2004, 9:12 PM
like what. What pokemon is popular in japan that isn't taht popular over here.

I think poke07 was referring more to the fact that the Japanese market a lot more products than we do and many of these pokemon focus on a few, very popular pokemon. Unlike in the West, where we don't see quite so many products and the ones we do see usually involves the starters or pikachu...

Ash's new pokemon
10th March 2004, 7:30 PM
Here is the rate of Ash catches and evolutions in Johto and so far in Hoenn.
Where the number corresponds to gym badges that Ash has won.

________________Johto______________________Hoenn
0-1____Chikorita, Heracross__________|_______Treecko, Taillow
1-2____Cyndaquill__________________|_______Corphish
2-3___Totodile, Noctowl____________|
3-4______________________________|
4-5 Chikorita evolved into Bayleaf ____|Torkoal, Treecko evolved to Grovyle
5-6 _____________________________| ?
6-7 Phanpy_______________________| ?
7-8 _____________________________| ?
After 8 Larvitar____________________| ?

Not everything is in perfect correlation with eachother, but I think the next time you see Ash capture a pokemon it will be between 6 and 7 badges.

JazzJazz
10th March 2004, 9:28 PM
Here is the rate of Ash catches and evolutions in Johto and so far in Hoenn.
Where the number corresponds to gym badges that Ash has won.

________________Johto______________________Hoenn
0-1____Chikorita, Heracross__________|_______Treecko, Taillow
1-2____Cyndaquill__________________|_______Corphish
2-3___Totodile, Noctowl____________|
3-4______________________________|
4-5 Chikorita evolved into Bayleaf ____|Torkoal, Treecko evolved to Grovyle
5-6 _____________________________| ?
6-7 Phanpy_______________________| ?
7-8 _____________________________| ?
After 8 Larvitar____________________| ?

Not everything is in perfect correlation with eachother, but I think the next time you see Ash capture a pokemon it will be between 6 and 7 badges.

It's pretty damn foolish to use this as a basis for any speculation. I again must voice my thoughts that thw writers do not rely on patterns from past series when building the teams of the main characters.

V Faction
11th March 2004, 2:48 AM
It's pretty damn foolish to use this as a basis for any speculation. I again must voice my thoughts that thw writers do not rely on patterns from past series when building the teams of the main characters.

Darn Tootin'! I've seen you bring that point up many times before and it's a very valid one. Patterns went out with the "3 Starters for Ash" one and so far, Advance has been chock full of surprises. It's nice to speculate and perhaps dip a little into using patterns as a basis for arguements, but like JazzJazz says it would probably be wiser to expect the unexpected.

Back to the topic. I have my own opinion that the Hoenn Saga will see much more evolution than the Johto Saga. And that's not just in Ash's case, what with Lotad to Lombre and Wurmple to Beautifly/Dustox. However; his seem to have a much higher chance overall. To me, Ash's current team appears to be ready to accept Evolution with open arms. Taillow and Corphish, both 2-Stage Pokemon, don't have to go through as much as, say, a 3-Stage starter Pokemon would have to experience to reach their evo level. I find that gives them the edge over the Johto Team (of course, aside from Cyndaquil and Totodile, Ash didn't have much else to evolve). And, I'm sure there will be another capture or 2. Though, my prediction is that any Pokemon caught after the battle with Norman will not be included under the list of evolution candidates (providing it has the ability to evolve). Only Ash's core Team has that shot, and like I said, it's a good one.

Manene!
11th March 2004, 3:19 AM
I think the next Pokemon they'll catch will be:

Ash:Kecleon
May:Feebas
Brock:Wailmer
Max:Castform
James:Sableye

Ash's new pokemon
11th March 2004, 4:55 AM

Well you'll be eating those words when Ash next captures a Anorith between the 6th and 7th gym. Seriously, this post like this whole thread is just speculation. I posted that message up for the question, the "chart" was more for kicks. I agree that the it very difficult to look at Kanto and Johto and say this is going to happen in Hoenn.

I think it will be another 10 to 20 eposides before Ash gets his next pokemon which could be in between 6th and 7th badges for him.

Plusle 07
11th March 2004, 1:19 PM
Anybody else thinking that the maximum number of Pokemon left for Ash to catch is two? I don't see more than one more to add to his team and another one to switch on and off (or possibly carry around like he did with Larvitar.)

This does not include evolutions mind you, and I also think that he has no plans of releasing any Pokemon (as nobody in Johto got the cut.) I think that May might release Beautifly some time within the next twenty episodes in a Butterfree-esque fashion. Having May and/or Brock release some Pokemon (even though Brock already gave up three) will build character development for characters other than the main one.

Plusle 07
11th March 2004, 1:22 PM
I think the next Pokemon they'll catch will be:

Ash:Kecleon
May:Feebas
Brock:Wailmer
Max:Castform
James:Sableye

James will very likely NOT get Sableye due to the fact that Cassidy has one. I don't think the writers would want to do that. Besides, if anyone else on Team Rocket is suitable for a Ghost Pokemon, it'd be Jessie and Banette.

Brock with Wailmer sounds fine, because one day it could be a Wailord and used as a ferry Pokemon (Ash doesn't have to be the one to have a ferry Pokemon.)

A lot of people still think Max is too young to get a Pokemon, but when the day comes, I'm banking on either Slakoth or Wynaut.

I can't imagine May with Feebas even for the reason that people think it will evolve into Milotic. If May was going to capture Milotic, she'd capture it in its evolved form rather than as a Feebas. I just can't see it happening. Milotic seems like too much to handle for May's team, as all of her current Pokemon are quite small compared to it.

Ash with Kecleon... I used to say no but now I don't mind. He could use a Normal type, especially one with the Color Change (Color Swap?) ability.

Crystal Latios
11th March 2004, 1:51 PM
Ash and Kecleon? Ewww...I don`t see that. Ash needs psychic type of pokemon. Also, we have seen Kecleon few times in Johto saga and Ash didn`t get it.

New_Trasey
11th March 2004, 1:55 PM
I would like to see Ash with Swalot.
It could be a new Muk.
Now where he have a new Bayleef (grovyle)

Alper
11th March 2004, 6:53 PM
I don't think so... Grovyle is'nt like Bayleef...

V Faction
11th March 2004, 6:56 PM
Plusle 07: Yeah, that's a good estimate. 1 more for a complete team and then another for rotation. Any more and it would seem like excess, which would be better spent giving the other characters Pokemon.

But May releasing Beautifly? That would require a very convenient plot device, as with all the time and effort she's put into raising her Beautifly for the contests, I am doubtful she'd be too reluctant to release it. If that does occur, I'd assume she'd get another Pokemon to fill in her ranks not too soon after.

I think the Anorith theory that was mentioned is pretty solid. Whether it be Ash or Brock that gets it, Anorith seems like a very good companion for the group. Sort of like Phanpy/Larvitar.

poke07
11th March 2004, 7:21 PM
A lot of people still think Max is too young to get a Pokemon, but when the day comes, I'm banking on either Slakoth or Wynaut.
Max can have a pokemon but he can participate in leagues, in gym battles or in competitions until he is ten.

JazzJazz
11th March 2004, 9:15 PM
Anybody else thinking that the maximum number of Pokemon left for Ash to catch is two? I don't see more than one more to add to his team and another one to switch on and off (or possibly carry around like he did with Larvitar.)

This does not include evolutions mind you, and I also think that he has no plans of releasing any Pokemon (as nobody in Johto got the cut.) I think that May might release Beautifly some time within the next twenty episodes in a Butterfree-esque fashion. Having May and/or Brock release some Pokemon (even though Brock already gave up three) will build character development for characters other than the main one.

I do feel that Ash will release at least one of his Hoenn pokemon before he gets to the league. As for number of captures... I'm hoping for a good, solid three more (one of which will probably be sent straight to Oak's and remain there until it's needed for the league, a la krabby).

Lupin
11th March 2004, 9:25 PM
Brock with Wailmer sounds fine, because one day it could be a Wailord and used as a ferry Pokemon (Ash doesn't have to be the one to have a ferry Pokemon.)

I use to think that it would be Ash that gets the ferry pokemon (as he did for Lapras), but know that Brock seems to be getting water pokemon i'm not so sure.

Plusle 07
13th March 2004, 1:49 AM
Brock does deserve the ferry Pokemon. Ash is hardcore about training his Pokemon to battle. Brock is a breeder, and it is a breeder who takes the love and the care to train his Pokemon to do physical tasks, such as ferry people across water, pull people through blizzards, etc. I never thought that Ash should've had Lapras. It should've been Misty, for more than obvious reasons (other than Lapras being part Water type.) I don't want to see the group traveling to another island or region and Ash's Pokemon be the one to take them there. They aren't going to be traveling by sea anytime soon as they'd be pulled under trying to ferry across with Mudkip, Lombre and Corphish. :) Of course, there's always a raft...

aerohatch
13th March 2004, 3:55 AM
norman will probable suggest to max to catch a slakoth
ash will catch a feebas which will evolve into milotic by hlp from may's pokeblock
brock might catch anothr rock pokemon like relicanth or aggron
may might catch a jigglypuff for her cute contest

Plusle 07
13th March 2004, 5:21 AM
Milotic is too majestic for Ash, in my opinion. Then again, it could be kind of like another Lapras, which I suggested would serve Brock better to have the new ferry Pokemon.

May is not going to get Jigglypuff. The purpose of Hoenn is to showcase Hoenn Pokemon and Hoenn Pokemon captures. The Jigglypuff from episode fourty-something might hang around and technically "follow" the group like Delibird did for Team Rocket, but I wouldn't expect her to get an old school Pokemon.

Max and Slakoth, is predictable. I say catch something that is not predictable. Wynaut is not predictable since Team Rocket's got a Wobbuffet, so I'd say let it happen.

Brock will not get Relicanth; it's labeled an extinct Pokemon and I don't think that extinct Pokemon will be given to anybody in the group (I don't think Aerodactyl will even be caught by Gary in the upcoming Hoso, as a cross-reference.) I think it's possible for Brock to have an Aron or Lairon, but I don't think it would ever become Aggron. It seems too much for him to handle.

My opinions people.

Plusle 07
13th March 2004, 5:28 AM
I do feel that Ash will release at least one of his Hoenn pokemon before he gets to the league. As for number of captures... I'm hoping for a good, solid three more (one of which will probably be sent straight to Oak's and remain there until it's needed for the league, a la krabby).

Are you thinking something like Taillow evolves into Swellow and stays in a village to protect a group of Taillow, or Corphish leaves to live with other Corphish at the sea, or what? I couldn't see Ash parting with Torkoal or Grovyle (especially if it is to become a Sceptile one day), but the other two I see. Swellow would leave in a Pidgeot-esque fashion, and yes it's repetitive, but the show has proven to do that quite a bit.

Personally, as I've said, I think Ash is going to keep these five and get one or two more. I think that May's Beautifly may leave similar to Butterfree's scenario, a mating season where Beautifly is leaving to start a family. I also think that Brock could let Forretress or Lombre go. Forretress could leave possibly for the reason that Brock appears to have moved on to Water types(although some excuse would be made up and turned into an episode). Lombre might even go; I'm beginning to have second thoughts of its evolution into Ludicolo; I'm thinking it might stay somewhere else in the future. Mudkip will stay with Brock, but one of the other two is possible.

Yami Ash
13th March 2004, 1:29 PM
Brock will not get Relicanth; it's labeled an extinct Pokemon and I don't think that extinct Pokemon will be given to anybody in the group (I don't think Aerodactyl will even be caught by Gary in the upcoming Hoso, as a cross-reference.) I think it's possible for Brock to have an Aron or Lairon, but I don't think it would ever become Aggron. It seems too much for him to handle.

My opinions people.

We know Relicanth is not extinct, we saw some in the second Hoenn episode.

Nameless
13th March 2004, 1:40 PM
Are you thinking something like Taillow evolves into Swellow and stays in a village to protect a group of Taillow, or Corphish leaves to live with other Corphish at the sea, or what? I couldn't see Ash parting with Torkoal or Grovyle (especially if it is to become a Sceptile one day), but the other two I see. Swellow would leave in a Pidgeot-esque fashion, and yes it's repetitive, but the show has proven to do that quite a bit.

Personally, as I've said, I think Ash is going to keep these five and get one or two more. I think that May's Beautifly may leave similar to Butterfree's scenario, a mating season where Beautifly is leaving to start a family. I also think that Brock could let Forretress or Lombre go. Forretress could leave possibly for the reason that Brock appears to have moved on to Water types(although some excuse would be made up and turned into an episode). Lombre might even go; I'm beginning to have second thoughts of its evolution into Ludicolo; I'm thinking it might stay somewhere else in the future. Mudkip will stay with Brock, but one of the other two is possible.

No, Ash won't be leaving any of his Honen pokemon, I doubt the writers would do that again. THey did it with his Kanto but they didn't do it with his Johto and as shown any Johto pokemon that left pretty much went to Oak's place. I think that's the best for the writers to do.

And Ash needs as many Honen pokemon as he can get. AG is a major change in Pokemon and in Johto and Kanto season Ash got rid of some of his pokemon, hopefully AG won't be the same.

As for pokemon for Ash to capture, I'm hoping for a Ghost/Psychic, or even a dragon pokemon, maybe a rock-type, he hasn't had any of those yet. I'm hoping for a Dusclops

JazzJazz
13th March 2004, 4:08 PM
Parting with his pokemon for the right reasons (sometimes wrong reasons in our eyes) has been a major part of Ash's journeys. I doubt the writers will exclude this element of his character from Hoenn. Someone will leave... who? Why? We'll have to wait and see.

[DeNi]zen
13th March 2004, 5:36 PM
I don't think Ash will catch Anorith. That just seems to far-fetched. All the pokemon Ash has caught so far have been relatively normal ones. I don't think the producing people will let him catch an ancienct pokemon

Ash's new pokemon
14th March 2004, 5:27 AM
No, Ash won't be leaving any of his Honen pokemon, I doubt the writers would do that again. THey did it with his Kanto but they didn't do it with his Johto and as shown any Johto pokemon that left pretty much went to Oak's place. I think that's the best for the writers to do.

And Ash needs as many Honen pokemon as he can get. AG is a major change in Pokemon and in Johto and Kanto season Ash got rid of some of his pokemon, hopefully AG won't be the same.

As for pokemon for Ash to capture, I'm hoping for a Ghost/Psychic, or even a dragon pokemon, maybe a rock-type, he hasn't had any of those yet. I'm hoping for a Dusclops

I don't think any of Ash's pokemon will leave but if he only got one more pokemon in Hoenn I wouldn't be suprise. I agree I like to see Ash get two more pokemon from Hoenn AND I hope the pokemon are not too similiar of pokemon than what Ash's has already caught in the past. You look at Ash's line up Treecko is a little different from the other two grass starters and Torkoal is a different from the other fire pokemon Ash has, but Taillow is too much like pidget and of course corphish is like Crabby. Spoink, Duskull/Dusclops, ANORITH, and vibrava/flygon would all be good choices.

Plusle 07
14th March 2004, 10:56 AM
How about the next Pokemon to follow the team be a Luvdisc that can't stop its affections for Ash and/or May, and it sends out Attract attacks all over the place? It probably wouldn't work, since it needs to be in water most of the time and it couldn't follow them on land. It'd be funny though.

Cyndaquil
14th March 2004, 2:27 PM
Maybe summit like a

Makuhita fer Ash
Whiscash fer Brock
Shroomish fer May
Nowt fer Jessie
Baltoy fer James (i dunno why tho)

Lupin
14th March 2004, 3:00 PM
Maybe summit like a

Makuhita fer Ash
Whiscash fer Brock
Shroomish fer May
Nowt fer Jessie
Baltoy fer James (i dunno why tho)

I dount that Ash would get a Makuhita as the only fighting type he has ever had was Primeape and he left him after something like 6 episodes,

Whiscash is a possiably for Brock

May won't get a shroomish as it isn't on the cute and cuddly scale too much.

Ash's new pokemon
14th March 2004, 6:08 PM
How about the next Pokemon to follow the team be a Luvdisc that can't stop its affections for Ash and/or May, and it sends out Attract attacks all over the place? It probably wouldn't work, since it needs to be in water most of the time and it couldn't follow them on land. It'd be funny though.

Since Luvdisc is a water type pokemon, even Brock might be the one to capture this pokemon. I like to see what happens if Brock had a pokemon that disobeyed him. He is probably too good of a trainer for that to happen to.

zen] I don't think Ash will catch Anorith. That just seems to far-fetched. All the pokemon Ash has caught so far have been relatively normal ones. I don't think the producing people will let him catch an ancienct pokemon

It is a stretch but I think it could happen. At this moment I give it a 70% of it happening. It will be more likely to me if Gary gets an aerodactyl in the special, then I can really see Ash getting an Anorith.

norman will probable suggest to max to catch a slakoth
ash will catch a feebas which will evolve into milotic by hlp from may's pokeblock
brock might catch anothr rock pokemon like relicanth or aggron
may might catch a jigglypuff for her cute contest

I don't know if max is close to the age where he can train pokemon. I always assume that once Hoenn is almost over with where Ash has gotten beat deep in the Hoenn Championships there will be an episode where Max gets his first pokemon. If his dad is the one to give him one it will be a slakoth. If he gets a starter from Prof. Birch then it will be a Treecko. In "There's no place like Hoenn" Max comments to May that if he had to pick one of the starters he would of chose Treecko.

With Milotic I am one of those people on the board that thinks that the pokemon is more suited to contests (May). HOWEVER, if Ash did get one it would be a powerful pokemon in his arsenal.

Yami Ash
14th March 2004, 6:18 PM
May's father was the same gym leader, and she still went to Prof. Birch to get her first trainer pokemon. Max'll probably do that, too.

JazzJazz
14th March 2004, 9:08 PM
I dount that Ash would get a Makuhita as the only fighting type he has ever had was Primeape and he left him after something like 6 episodes,

Don't forget about heracross (bug/fighting)... but he didn't stay around for long either. However, as I always say, the happenings of the past should never be looked to as a guide for future events... anything's possible.

poke07
15th March 2004, 12:48 AM
I don't think any of Ash's pokemon will leave but if he only got one more pokemon in Hoenn I wouldn't be suprise. I agree I like to see Ash get two more pokemon from Hoenn AND I hope the pokemon are not too similiar of pokemon than what Ash's has already caught in the past. You look at Ash's line up Treecko is a little different from the other two grass starters and Torkoal is a different from the other fire pokemon Ash has, but Taillow is too much like pidget and of course corphish is like Crabby. Spoink, Duskull/Dusclops, ANORITH, and vibrava/flygon would all be good choices.
I kinda doubt they have a prehistoric pokemon and a flygon here is a pokedex entry as why I doubt that he will have a flygon

Ruby Version
FLYGON is nicknamed the elemental spirit of the desert. Because its flapping wings whip up a cloud of sand, this POKéMON is always enveloped in a sandstorm while flying.

Sapphire Version
FLYGON whips up a sandstorm by flapping its wings. The wings create a series of notes that sound like singing. Because the singing is the only thing that can be heard in a sandstorm, this POKéMON is said to be the desert spirit.

Ash's new pokemon
15th March 2004, 1:01 AM
I kinda doubt they have a prehistoric pokemon and a flygon here is a pokedex entry as why I doubt that he will have a flygon

Ruby Version
FLYGON is nicknamed the elemental spirit of the desert. Because its flapping wings whip up a cloud of sand, this POKéMON is always enveloped in a sandstorm while flying.

Sapphire Version
FLYGON whips up a sandstorm by flapping its wings. The wings create a series of notes that sound like singing. Because the singing is the only thing that can be heard in a sandstorm, this POKéMON is said to be the desert spirit.

Ash will mostly like get a trapnich or vibrava than a Flygon. I am still believing that Ash could get an Anorith, somehow, someway.

Railith
15th March 2004, 1:28 AM
I'm thinking may is gonna get a feebas at some time which'll go milotic in a contest, that's what I'd do. Ash could get one of these :340:, :362: :351: :151: :357: :371: :320: :277: :303: ,or if we've lucky ,:000:

[DeNi]zen
15th March 2004, 2:10 AM
There's no way Ash will ever get a Mew. The publishing people would never allow a character to catch a legendary. Think about it, there's been 6 movies with legendaries. If Ash was going to catch one he'd have done it by now

Pkmn
15th March 2004, 4:29 PM
Railith...the last things in your post are just stupid...like any off the people would ever get a legendary (like mew) or MISSINGNO?! missingo isn't even a real pokemon...

Anyway I think Ash might catch :361: ...I am not sure though, it's just a guess

-Pkmn

Lupin
15th March 2004, 8:37 PM
zen']There's no way Ash will ever get a Mew. The publishing people would never allow a character to catch a legendary. Think about it, there's been 6 movies with legendaries. If Ash was going to catch on he'd have done it by now

you never know. He may get Ho-oH in the final, final episode.

Cobalt
15th March 2004, 11:49 PM
Lesse....

Brock needs a rock or a ground.
A Barboach would be cool, as would a numel.
Or a rock: Relicanth, maybe? Or a steel type--Mawile? Or a Snorunt?

Ash needs to ditch the Taillow. I usually am against the idea of the main characters randomly releasing all of their pokemon (Charizard, Squirtle, Butterfree, Lapras, Pidgeot, Primape, Haunter, Beedrill) but it needs to go. I could care less what else he gets.

May has a tough pokemon (Torchic), a cute one (skitty), and a beautiful one (Beautifly). She needs smart and a cool one. How about Castform of Spheal?

[DeNi]zen
16th March 2004, 12:03 AM
you never know. He may get Ho-oH in the final, final episode.

I seriously doubt it. I think what the producing people are trying to show is more of a symbolic representation, of something like Ash is destined to became the greates master yet. Based on what they've done yet far, it just won't happen

Max Damage
16th March 2004, 12:49 AM
Yo Cobalt, what exactly do you have against Taillow?

Manene!
16th March 2004, 1:09 AM
I doubt Ash will ever catch a lengendary pokemon because legendary pokemon usually are there to protect or guard something.

Yami Ash
16th March 2004, 1:21 AM
I doubt Ash will ever catch a lengendary pokemon because legendary pokemon usually are there to protect or guard something.

So maybe Ho-oh is there to protect or guard Ash.

Ash's new pokemon
16th March 2004, 4:41 AM
Yo Cobalt, what exactly do you have against Taillow?

Even though I am not Cobalt I have an opinion on the matter. I think that Taillow has been so neglected by Ash. The only time Ash uses it is if Team Rocket has stolen a pokemon or something is lost and Taillow must try to find it through the air.

JazzJazz
16th March 2004, 9:31 PM
I don't see taillow getting much more air time than it already is. I predeict that it will remain neglected and show up during the Hoenn League. During the League it'll probably defeat a powerful opponent and evolve... pulling a krabby, where it evolves without having seen it do a lot of battling.

V Faction
16th March 2004, 9:41 PM
The Hoenn League? That seems far too late for an evolution if Ash plans to keep it on his main Team. I'd rather see that happen at an event that's much sooner, around the 6th Gym to get specific. It sets up nicely for the epic Swellow vs. Swellow match that people keep chittering about. I honestly think it would be Taillow's one chance to shine. After the match, I don't care much about what happens, as long as it evolves then.

AmeldaS
16th March 2004, 10:28 PM
I don't care much about evolutions, I just want more captures! And specialy for May, she needs more Pokemon! Please!

JazzJazz
17th March 2004, 12:08 AM
I don't care much about evolutions, I just want more captures! And specialy for May, she needs more Pokemon! Please!

May needs more? She barely utilises the ones she has. I must again state that the characters don't NEED anything more, they manage to get along just fine with what they've got. Sure, it's nice when they get new pokemon or evolve their existing ones, but it's not essential.

Ash's new pokemon
17th March 2004, 5:39 AM
I don't see taillow getting much more air time than it already is. I predeict that it will remain neglected and show up during the Hoenn League. During the League it'll probably defeat a powerful opponent and evolve... pulling a krabby, where it evolves without having seen it do a lot of battling.

It might also pull a crabby and have Ash leave it at Oak's. If there is one pokemon Ash would leave behind right now it would be taillow.

I know this is really off this post, but have all of Ash's capture beside Treecko been close to where you can capture them in the games. I mean Taillow was caught right in the forest before Rustboro. Corphish was caught on dewford island but that doesn't seem too far from where you can capture it in the game. Then Torkoal was caught right after the gym in Lavarigde, close to the fiery cave where you can capture it. Hmmm...

JazzJazz
17th March 2004, 9:23 PM
I know this is really off this post, but have all of Ash's capture beside Treecko been close to where you can capture them in the games. I mean Taillow was caught right in the forest before Rustboro. Corphish was caught on dewford island but that doesn't seem too far from where you can capture it in the game. Then Torkoal was caught right after the gym in Lavarigde, close to the fiery cave where you can capture it. Hmmm...

So are you saying we should be thinking about where the characters are in the journey when forming our speculations? What about May and Brock's pokemon? How are they location-wise?

EvilTriad69
17th March 2004, 9:32 PM
you are so right! Pokemon captures are totally random in location

Lupin
17th March 2004, 10:05 PM
you are so right! Pokemon captures are totally random in location

yer. Remember that they saw a Bagon quite early on in the show.

poke07
17th March 2004, 10:08 PM
yer. Remember that they saw a Bagon quite early on in the show.
but that bagon belong to a trainer and it have evolved. a pokemon can appear anywhere andanytime.

Lupin
19th March 2004, 11:52 AM
OK, so what do u think Ash and the gang will capture in the Honem Safari Zone. I reckon it might be like the last one, only Ash will get a herd of Tropius. If he doesn't get a herd of them, i hope he gets a least one.

JazzJazz
19th March 2004, 7:58 PM
OK, so what do u think Ash and the gang will capture in the Honem Safari Zone. I reckon it might be like the last one, only Ash will get a herd of Tropius. If he doesn't get a herd of them, i hope he gets a least one.

There's no tropius in the Hoenn Safari Zone... I know that doesn't mean Ash (or someone else) won't capture one, but it doesn't help their chances. If they show the Hoenn Safari Zone in the anime, I'd like to see May or Max capture a Kanto/Johto pokemon there. They'd get all excited, having not seen these pokemon before (seeing as though they're both from Hoenn)... Ash and Brock wouldn't be so keen, given that they would've encountered a lot of those pokemon already in their past adventures.

PlusleMinun
19th March 2004, 11:07 PM
I think May's Torchic and Brock's Mudkip should evolve into Combusken and Marshtomp! Also, Ash's Grovyle should totally evolve into Sceptile and his Corphish into Crawdaunt. Brock shouldve captured that Sharpedo in the "Sharpedo Attack!"ep but he didn't. Since he is capturing Wtr Pokes this season I think he will capture a Wailmer when they get to Mossdeep City. I can also see Mayt capturing a Feebas and when she sees a person have a Milotic in a contest she gets obsessed with it and asks the person how he/she caught Milotic and he/she replys he/she evolved it from a Feebas by feeding it a lot of berries. Then May does to and finally hers evolves after Ash gets the 7th badge! <-- That's a whole lot of ideas I've had stuck in my mind for a while!

slopking17
20th March 2004, 1:57 AM
I can also see Mayt capturing a Feebas and when she sees a person have a Milotic in a contest she gets obsessed with it and asks the person how he/she caught Milotic and he/she replys he/she evolved it from a Feebas by feeding it a lot of berries. Then May does to and finally hers evolves after Ash gets the 7th badge!

Yeah, and if that does happen, then they'll see the Feebas, May will say something like, "Why would anyone want a pokemon that ugly?" and Brock will say something about Milotic, Ash will look in the Pokedex, and then May will want it so bad for the contest because of its evolution, so she'll catch it

Manene!
20th March 2004, 3:09 AM
I think Brock will catch a Wailmer and it will evolve right before they get to Sootopluse.

Potentate Carpathia
20th March 2004, 5:29 PM
Brock with a Wailmer makes sense and so does May with a Feebas/Milotic. I think the next capture is Brock, because you cna catch a Wailmer before you can catch a Feebas and then May. NJot sure anymore on what Ash will catch, hes in the air latley.

Nameless
20th March 2004, 5:45 PM
Hmmm, Ash is at the 5th gym now and yet he still doesn't have a full team. I've also been thinking, After Ash wins the 5th badge he's gonna have to go ALL the way back to Mauville Gym to get going. I figure maybe once Ash gets to mauville and then pass it to the flying gym the catches will start to increase. Since there's new pokemon in that region(In the map compared to the region Ash and co. are in right now).

I think a tropius might be a nice addition to Ash's team. It's a basic pokemon, flying and grass. And it's on the way to the air gym.

A duskull/dusclops would be nice too since Ash will have to go to that cementary to go after TA/TM if the anime follows the game.

Then there's Kecleon, someone else might capture it other than Ash. It is a honen pokemon right although it did get shown in Johto. And if it follows the game too then they'll encounter one troublemaker(Not blocking the path of course but probably doing something naughty).

These are possibilities because you do encounter them on your journey. It's just a guess.

Probably three more catches for Ash, one for the team and two for the reserves.

V Faction
20th March 2004, 5:48 PM
May with Feebas? The biggest pay-off of having a Feebas is getting it to evolve into Milotic. To do that, you must increase it's Beauty. Now, it seems to me that the Pokemon May gets fall into specific catagories, catagories that follow the different contest competitions. We have Smart, Beauty, Cute, Tough, and Cool. And as of right now, May has competed in and one 2 of those: Cute and Beauty. What I'm trying to get at is that May's already done with the Beauty Contest. She entered with Beautifly and won, and now she has little need of getting another Pokemon, which is very Beauty stat dominant, and using it in contests. For the time and effort it takes to get Milotic, the benefits are very small in May's case. And the idea that she'd want one after seeing another Trainer's in action... well, unless I'm mistaken, there already was a Milotic shown, in the contests. One would think that encounter alone would be enough to spark May's interest, but that was a while ago, and there doesn't seem to have been any word about it from May since. Right now, she has Beautifly (Beauty), Skitty (Cute), and Torchic (Tough) in her line up, which leads me to believe that the next Pokemon she captures will either have a very Smart or Cool influenced background.

Lupin
20th March 2004, 9:45 PM
There's no tropius in the Hoenn Safari Zone... I know that doesn't mean Ash (or someone else) won't capture one, but it doesn't help their chances. If they show the Hoenn Safari Zone in the anime, I'd like to see May or Max capture a Kanto/Johto pokemon there. They'd get all excited, having not seen these pokemon before (seeing as though they're both from Hoenn)... Ash and Brock wouldn't be so keen, given that they would've encountered a lot of those pokemon already in their past adventures.

Don't forget that the show doesn't nesserally follow the game in terms of pokemon locations.

JazzJazz
20th March 2004, 9:53 PM
Don't forget that the show doesn't nesserally follow the game in terms of pokemon locations.

I know this, but I think the Safari Zone could be an exception, given how they talk about it being a place where you can encounter pokemon that aren't native to the Hoenn region.

Potentate Carpathia
20th March 2004, 9:54 PM
May with Feebas? The biggest pay-off of having a Feebas is getting it to evolve into Milotic. To do that, you must increase it's Beauty. Now, it seems to me that the Pokemon May gets fall into specific catagories, catagories that follow the different contest competitions. We have Smart, Beauty, Cute, Tough, and Cool. And as of right now, May has competed in and one 2 of those: Cute and Beauty. What I'm trying to get at is that May's already done with the Beauty Contest. She entered with Beautifly and won, and now she has little need of getting another Pokemon, which is very Beauty stat dominant, and using it in contests. For the time and effort it takes to get Milotic, the benefits are very small in May's case. And the idea that she'd want one after seeing another Trainer's in action... well, unless I'm mistaken, there already was a Milotic shown, in the contests. One would think that encounter alone would be enough to spark May's interest, but that was a while ago, and there doesn't seem to have been any word about it from May since. Right now, she has Beautifly (Beauty), Skitty (Cute), and Torchic (Tough) in her line up, which leads me to believe that the next Pokemon she captures will either have a very Smart or Cool influenced background.

When did you get the idea May wont enter another Beauty/Cute contest. Even though she has won those two already she can still enter them at another contest house. She doesnt have to go on to a Tough, Smart or Cool contest, she can do what she wants at another contest.

V Faction
20th March 2004, 10:08 PM
When did you get the idea May wont enter another Beauty/Cute contest. Even though she has won those two already she can still enter them at another contest house. She doesnt have to go on to a Tough, Smart or Cool contest, she can do what she wants at another contest.

That's like Ash challenging a Gym Leader he already defeated for another badge. The Contests don't seem to have any regard for the different Ranks among houses like in the games, so there isn't actually any real purpose for May to reenter the Beauty contest again if she's already won. It would make sense that she's try out for the remaining contests in order to strengthen her other abilities.

Lupin
21st March 2004, 3:04 PM
That's like Ash challenging a Gym Leader he already defeated for another badge. The Contests don't seem to have any regard for the different Ranks among houses like in the games, so there isn't actually any real purpose for May to reenter the Beauty contest again if she's already won. It would make sense that she's try out for the remaining contests in order to strengthen her other abilities.

well her torchic could evolve, giving her cool part.

Crystal Latios
21st March 2004, 3:57 PM
well her torchic could evolve, giving her cool part.

...and I`m glad, he didn`t. Torchic is a cute, sweet, beautiful pokemon.
His evolutions aren`t so sweet anymore (sorry for their fans). Also, May likes
only sweet pokemon and I don`t see her with Combusken or Blaziken.

V Faction
21st March 2004, 4:18 PM
Sweet!? That thing's the devil! *Shakes fist*

Torchic can be sweet and at other times it can be overactive, which can be another form of being sweet or being tough depending on how you look at it. Torchic could definitely have a good future with that aggressive attitude in contests, as long as it learns to control itself. From the latest episode alone, we can see that Torchic is eager to deal hard damage if needed.

JazzJazz
21st March 2004, 9:08 PM
...and I`m glad, he didn`t. Torchic is a cute, sweet, beautiful pokemon.
His evolutions aren`t so sweet anymore (sorry for their fans). Also, May likes
only sweet pokemon and I don`t see her with Combusken or Blaziken.

Don't forget that, in the past, the anime has given the "cute factor" to numerous pokemon that people have dismissed as ugly. They've even managed to try giving charizard a bit of sweetness every now and then. If May was to end up with a combusken, I'm sure the animators could portray it in such a way so that it would complement May's personality.

Lupin
21st March 2004, 9:24 PM
Don't forget that, in the past, the anime has given the "cute factor" to numerous pokemon that people have dismissed as ugly. They've even managed to try giving charizard a bit of sweetness every now and then. If May was to end up with a combusken, I'm sure the animators could portray it in such a way so that it would complement May's personality.

Didn't Prof Oak say to Ash that he discovered that pokemon seem to take on the traits of the trainers who capture them.

PDL
21st March 2004, 9:29 PM
I'd like to see Max get a Castform, yes, you heard me... Max

how? he's too young to have his own pokemon you say? well here's something... when Ash and co. gets to the Weather insitution and somehow, Max saves it from TM/TA/TR, and as a gift, someone at the insitute gives him Castform, but since he's too young, it's given to May... so this Castform is shared between May and Max. as far as I know, this hasn't been done in the anime, but it would be interesting to see a pokemon being owned by 2 people. Max plays with it as pratice for when he gets his own pokemon and maybe May uses it in a Smart contest (with the whole weather attack/weather ball combo)

either way, I would love to see Castform on someone's team...

poke07
21st March 2004, 9:35 PM
I'd like to see Max get a Castform, yes, you heard me... Max

how? he's too young to have his own pokemon you say? well here's something... when Ash gets to the Weather insitution and somehow, Max saves it from TM/TA/TR, and as a gift, someone at the insitute gives him Castform, but since he's too young, it's given to May... so this Castform is shared between May and Max. as far as I know, this hasn't been done in the anime, but it would be interesting to see a pokemon being owned by 2 people. Max plays with it as pratice for when he gets his own pokemon and maybe May uses it in a Smart contest (with the whole weather attack/weather ball combo)

either way, I would love to see Castform on someone's team...
Well max can have pokemon but he cannot participate in gym battles, tournaments and leagues. There are people in the anime at maxs age whos has a pokemon.

JazzJazz
21st March 2004, 9:58 PM
Didn't Prof Oak say to Ash that he discovered that pokemon seem to take on the traits of the trainers who capture them.

Yeah, I recall him saying something to that effect... what pokemon was he referring to? Oh, no doubt it was pikachu. It was early in Kanto when he said this, right?