PDA

View Full Version : The Advance Wars Club

Skull-Kid
4th April 2008, 2:57 PM
Hello I didn't see a club like this so I decided to make one! welcome to the Advance Wars Club! Here we discuss the strategic war game Advance Wars!
The rules are as follows.

1.All forum rules apply
2.Try to stay on topic unless its pretty much finished anyway
3.If we have just started a topic don't make a new one
4.No flaming/spamming/cursing or one liners
5.If someone makes a banner give them credit for it NO STEALING
6.Don't say anyone is wrong unless they are very clearly wrong
7.If you break the rules 3 times you will be banned
8.If you have a name change please tell me
9.If you have a friend code I will put it next to your name if you wish
10.Have fun!

How To Join

If you want to join just say "I would like to join" and your favourite CO.

Owner
Skull-Kid

Co-Owners

1.DarkTyphlosion157
2.Blazios

Members List
Skull-Kid
DarkTyphlosion157
Blazios
Riukken

DarkTyphlosion157
5th April 2008, 5:07 PM
Lol, this is a bit empty.

*Joins*

>_> hmmm...you know what they say...

Zadia without an airport is as much use as a CO Zoneless Carter.

Blazios
5th April 2008, 5:31 PM
I would like to join. Favourite CO is Carter or Max.

Skull-Kid
7th April 2008, 11:12 AM
Ok we got two members you two can be co owners.First come first serve.Now on to a topic.

Catleia

Do you think because of her CO power it makes some other CO's useless? Or do you think differently?

I think she does make other CO's useless but she makes others useless is what makes her so great.Any other opinions?

DarkTyphlosion157
8th April 2008, 9:07 PM
Yeah. Trak, Zadia and Ed (Ed hating Catleia? ZOMG) All hate Lutia for her CP.

She is one of the top COs becuase of this, but it doesn't really help with the usage of other COs. They should have just done 'Overlord' (Really, how is Catleia an Overlord? Stolos maybe...) as some attack power boost, or maybe as a big mix of stuff, like how Jake was in Dual Strike.

Maybe...

Catleia
Overall Force Boost
CZ: 2
ATK: Up 10%
DEF: Up 10%
Overlord
+1 movement
+1 Indirect Range
ATK Up 20%

However, while she is superior CP wisethe three COs she outclasses with CPs have stronger CZ effects.

Zadia has only 1 CZ Space, but the CZ units gain a +40% ATK +20% DEF boost.

Ed only gets a +10% ATK Boost more than Cat.. No wonder Catleia makes him NU.

Trak, well, see Ed.

Overall, Catleia does make the three mentioned COs rather inferior. Except for Zadia, who gets a strong air boost, the other two are almost useless becuase of her existence. Plus they don't get awesome purple hair in the CO Colour Changing option. However, Catleia has one HUGE weakness that to some people (me, to an extent) makes her unusable. Click on the spoiler below to see it.

ANNOYING FAIRYTALE STYLE THEME!

Jargon Buster
CZ = Co Zone
CP = Co Power
Lutia = Catleia's original name (UK)

Skull-Kid
9th April 2008, 11:33 AM
They may have stronger boosts but they only effect a certain kind of unit where Catleia has an overall boost.However she would not match Zadia's incredible air force strength or Finn's walling air force.She may not match power but she has an overall boost hence OVERLORD.Also Catleia's theme is'nt that bad.i actually find it funny but yet again I am sometimes imature so :)

DarkTyphlosion157
9th April 2008, 8:06 PM
Ed and Trak have little extra CZ power over Catleia, and they don't affect all kinds anyway. Plus Zadia is useless on Wifi 75% of the time.

Finn gets a completely different CP to Catleia, so discussing him is pointless.

Ed and Trak are completely obselete thanks to Catleia, and Zadia sin't very good anyway. Remember, without airports, Zadia and here NLA partner Finn are useless. At least Catleia can't outclass Finn anywhere.

And an airforce isn't something to wall with...anyone would know that.

Skull-Kid
10th April 2008, 12:08 PM
Ed and Trak have little extra CZ power over Catleia, and they don't affect all kinds anyway. Plus Zadia is useless on Wifi 75% of the time.

Finn gets a completely different CP to Catleia, so discussing him is pointless.

Ed and Trak are completely obselete thanks to Catleia, and Zadia sin't very good anyway. Remember, without airports, Zadia and here NLA partner Finn are useless. At least Catleia can't outclass Finn anywhere.

And an airforce isn't something to wall with...anyone would know that.

True.Zadia nd Finn are useless without an airport but when there IS an airport you know you know you are in for a tough fight.I was versing a Finn player on an airport and OMG it was impossible.His bombers destroyed me!Trak is not completely useless because he is stronger and Ed is also stronger than Catleia.Its just Catleia does what they do better.At least Catleia can't put Carter,Larissa,Lili,O'Brian and Finn to shame.However people do't go for them because they want a win NOW character instead of a win LATER character.Plus Finn is about walling with airforce.

DarkTyphlosion157
10th April 2008, 9:21 PM
True.Zadia nd Finn are useless without an airport but when there IS an airport you know you know you are in for a tough fight.I was versing a Finn player on an airport and OMG it was impossible.His bombers destroyed me!Trak is not completely useless because he is stronger and Ed is also stronger than Catleia.Its just Catleia does what they do better.At least Catleia can't put Carter,Larissa,Lili,O'Brian and Finn to shame.However people do't go for them because they want a win NOW character instead of a win LATER character.Plus Finn is about walling with airforce.

How do you wall with an airforce? Most of the time, Anti-Airs and Missiles will put big dents in even a CO'd Finn Intercepter.

Plus Larissa is a win-now character too.

EDIT: Checked it. Anti-Airs do 42%, Missiles 61%. Maybe you CAN wall with them. (Assuming unleveled, max HP units)

Skull-Kid
11th April 2008, 9:52 AM
How do you wall with an airforce? Most of the time, Anti-Airs and Missiles will put big dents in even a CO'd Finn Intercepter.

Add Finn's CO power and you got yourself a wall that even Zadia would find hard to break.Ok time for new topic.

Zadia vs Finn

People have argued over this on other sites.Lets hope we don't.Who do you think is the better airforce? i think Finn.His attack ** is strong enough.You don't need all that power Zadia has.Plus he has more defence than Zadia.
So I say Finn.

Riukken
11th April 2008, 11:47 PM
I would like to join my favorite COs are: Greyfield, Hawke, and Adder.

Blazios
11th April 2008, 11:57 PM

Welcome.

Zadia vs Finn

I honestly am just as good with both. I like my air units, too. So I'll say both.

Skull-Kid
12th April 2008, 4:31 PM

Welcome to HQ! lol anyway Blazios.What one would you pick based on looks?

DarkTyphlosion157
12th April 2008, 5:17 PM
Zadia or Finn?

Finn. Woo-hoo!

How much defence do you get from Bad Company's 'large boost' anyway? 50%? or a bit less/more?

Skull-Kid
12th April 2008, 5:34 PM
Zadia or Finn?

Finn. Woo-hoo!

How much defence do you get from Bad Company's 'large boost' anyway? 50%? or a bit less/more?

Don't know.I never get to use CO powers really,I have usually defeated the opponent by then.Although I think it is 50%.It takes like 3 Anti-Airs to take down Finn on a B-Copter with CO power.THAT is why I go Finn.

Woo-Hoo!

Blazios
12th April 2008, 5:37 PM
lol anyway Blazios.What one would you pick based on looks?

Hmm... Finn looks cool... but Zadia has amazing music... I'll have to go with Finn. I don't know why, but I just will. I think.

Skull-Kid
13th April 2008, 8:36 PM
Hmm... Finn looks cool... but Zadia has amazing music... I'll have to go with Finn. I don't know why, but I just will. I think.

I personally prefer Zadia's theme song but I like the bit in Finns song where it goes well i can't really say it but you probably know what I mean.Like Grimms theme use to do the same.Where it would do a big build up to get to the good part.

pokecool
19th April 2008, 8:13 PM
I would like to join, my favourite CO is Sensei!!!
Just Coz i like his Copter Command!!!

tennisroller
24th June 2008, 5:17 PM
iwould like to join andy

tennisroller
24th June 2008, 5:23 PM
is this for day of ruin becouse i olny have dual strike

Blurrz
15th July 2008, 10:17 PM
Ah, I love Advance Wars, and I wanna join..

Favorite CO is Eagle.

In DoR my fave is Gage.