PDA

View Full Version : Is this an offence?

octoboy
5th April 2008, 1:40 AM
Simple question, is posting in a game which just got in so it will be noticed a bump offence?

If so, how do you get people to notice your game? New threads in the games section appear on the second page, where nobody looks, so what do you do to keep it from dying?

Why do they appear on the second page anyway?

Locke Yggdrasill
5th April 2008, 1:49 AM
Because they get sent back there because the more popular games are bumped so often. Also, you just have to wait for someone to notice it. If it dies, it dies.
Also, yes, any double post is an offence. Of course if you're not going to double post, then feel free to bump if your game is less than 30 days old.

PDL
5th April 2008, 2:41 AM
Because they get sent back there because the more popular games are bumped so often. Also, you just have to wait for someone to notice it. If it dies, it dies.
Also, yes, any double post is an offence. Of course if you're not going to double post, then feel free to bump if your game is less than 30 days old.

Exception: Fanfics on the fanfic forums are exempt from this rule, but only the author can bump his/her own thread that's older then a month, but only with the next chapter.

Locke Yggdrasill
5th April 2008, 3:23 AM
Exception: Fanfics on the fanfic forums are exempt from this rule, but only the author can bump his/her own thread that's older then a month, but only with the next chapter.
Of course, however he queried about the Games section and the reply that I made was specific to that and only that forum.

PsiUmbreon
6th April 2008, 2:30 PM
When I modded Games and Clubs I'd usually be lenient on double posting when it was their first post.

In forums where moderation is turned on, when you make a thread it does get posted in that forum. However, it's only visible to mods until it gets approved/unapproved. If it's approved it will become a normal thread, and if it's unapproved, it's deleted. While a thread is pending approval, if no one posts in it (which is kind of hard cause only mods can see it) it sinks to the bottom like any other thread. That is why by the time a mod gets to approving it, it may end up on the second or third page, and why I was/would be lenient on people double posting IF and only if theirs is the only post.