PDA

View Full Version : #spp-wifi issues

Ledian_X
6th April 2008, 5:26 PM
Lately, I've noticed an alarming trend in #spp-wifi. It seems that whenever I go in there, there's often people who ask for something like say an ev trained adamant lucario and when someone has one, the person doesn't take it and wants a physical moveset when all the moves it has are physical such as: blaze kick, shadow claw, counter and focus blast. Their response is usually something well..uneducated. Saying that the moves aren't physical when they are. I don't mean to whine or anything. But, I have to ask why these kids are like that. Common sense seemed to go out the door with them.

In contrast, there are kids in the chat that do not make reasonable requests. For example, they'd ask for something like ev trained level 1 pokemon or a shiny of a specific nature when shinys themselves have random nature and the odds of a shiny with a perfect nature are slim to none. A shiny should be a shiny. Chained or not. They're rare and if someone has a legit one, you take it. Don't ask stupid questions. Yes, there's personal preferences but we're talking about common sense. If someone offers you money with no strings attached, you take it.

You can argue that it's about personal preferences and in some cases you might be right. However, some people seem to not know what they're doing in there when someone offers something everyone else knows is a good deal. People make ridiculous demands and it has to stop.

That's what this topic is about. So, maybe more should be done against people who ask for illogical things. A rule could be put in place like the scammers rule. But, that's just what I think. I know these are kids-greedy kids- but sometimes it seems like they ask for the most illogical things and it has to be stopped.

If someone else has stories of illogical goings ons, please feel free to add. I know I am not the only one to have gone through this.

Here is the log with the lucario incident:

<Ledian_X> i have an ev trained lucario at lvl 31 with shadow claw, blaze
kick and focus blast. it's adamant
<dragonlord> no
<Ledian_X> ...you asked for an ev trained lucario didnt you?
<dragonlord> ya but i wanted a psyical attack. and ur moveset and lvl suk
<Ledian_X> it's adamant
<Ledian_X> it has physical attack
<Ledian_X> adamant boosts physical
<Ledian_X> and shadow claw is a physical attack
<dragonlord> no. want physical attack. want crunch.
Ledian_X> i dunno what your problem is. it's a physical lucario
<dragonlord> ya but moveset suck! I want a crunchign lucario
<Ledian_X> breed it yourself then. You aren't going to get anywhere with that attitude.
<dragonlord> GO AWAY!

LX

Water Adept
6th April 2008, 5:38 PM
I do have to agree with you, one of the reasons I don't visit the chatroom anymore, it just happens to be filled with scammer or people asking for something nearly impossible, I support you in this one.

mrdurp4
6th April 2008, 5:40 PM
hmmmmm lets see... oh i got one. a kid on wifi asked for my volt tackle pichue, and when i told him it was lvl 1 he said it was a hack and logged off. another time was when i was trading one of my lvl 2 ratattas, some kid told me it was a hack and lvl twos cant come from kanto

darkgamerGS
6th April 2008, 7:21 PM

Seems to me like a lot of wi-fi tards are... well... retarded... too bad we can't have a "You must be at least this intelligent (Picture of Homer Simpson here) to join this chan." Sure, that'd eliminate a lot of tards, but... oh well.

Ledian_X
6th April 2008, 7:27 PM
Well, we should do something, dg. It's getting past annoying dealing with these kids. Yes, they are kids. But, do they need to mouth off at you when you correct them? I mean, look at the log. Yes, people want specific things but maybe we can impliment a rule in the chat regarding requests. No insane requests and that if someone has what you're looking for, look into it and not be a total arse.

LX

Edit: not to mention the fact that people are accused of being hackers when they have legit pokemon. For example, I have a legit adamant infernape w/ shadow claw and hence called a hack and reported. Perhaps we do need that sign.

Delcatty
6th April 2008, 7:40 PM
Personally, I think they should be allowed to ask for what they want, provided what they want is possible to obtain. (ie, not hax, or pokemon that aren't allowed on SPP currently (darkrai and the like))

So what if you want a shiny with a certain nature? With all the people out there that have copies of the game (According to Serebii (when I asked) "As of December 31, 2007, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl combined have sold 14.17 million copies worldwide.") there's so many shinies that you'd be baffled. Now consider how many people chain, most with synchronizers. The number goes WAY up. Even if only 1/20 people have found a single shiny EVER (Which is underestimating from what I've seen), that's 708,500 shinies. That's SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND. Assuming that each was different until it restarted, that's still 1,445 shinies of EACH SPECIES. Therefore, if you have a 1/25 chance in getting the right nature, you have 57 shinies of that particular species in a single nature. Now consider the number of chained shinies with synchronizers. It's a large amount, to say the least.

Basically, what I'm saying is that it is by no means impossible to get a shiny of a certain nature. Now, if you want to take into account IVs, then it becomes more difficult, but it's still not impossible, seeing as there are IV breeders who sometimes get lucky and find a shiny in their eggs.

One person's view of ridiculous does not make it impossible. I personally have gotten a shiny, female, modest, nicknameable ralts from a friend. Is that so impossible? And no, before you say so, it is not hacked. It was wonderfully kind of her to give it to me. (THANK YOU RIYU! ;O; <33333)

Basically, what I'm saying is that it is not impossible to get what you want. A 'no "ridiculous" requests' rule would be almost impossible to enforce, since everyone's view of 'ridiculous' is different. Plus, that would eliminate of 3/4s (a rough estimate according to what you said is ridiculous) of what people are looking for. Aim high, and someday you'll probably find what you want if you don't give up.

Oh, and since I just saw your most recent post, I just want to add a few words. I'm not saying they should have been rude to you, but trading is somewhat like a business. You produce, they consume. The customer is ALWAYS right. They are the ones who decide whether or not they want what you have. In the end, if you can't provide, they can refuse. You can not make them accept what you have if they don't want it.

Ledian_X
6th April 2008, 7:49 PM
Oh yeah. Now some things are possible. Yet, some things aren't. Like ev trained level 1 pokemon. I've been asked if I had those. I have said no and been mouthed off at. Seems more like the kids have no respect but that's just me.

You do have a valid point about chaining. Still, it is hard as hell to get the specific pokemon and you have to admit some requests are out there.

LX

Delcatty
6th April 2008, 7:58 PM
Technically you can have an EV'd pokemon at level 1, but you'd have to do it REALLY badly. (ie, feed it 51 vitamins.) I know that's not your point; in this case I'm just being argumentative. ;P

But to be serious, yes, that one is pretty ridiculous. They can ask for it, but they should just find out eventually that it's not possible, and then they'll (hopefully) give up. If they are rude, you report them to an online (active) hop+, and that will get them banned. There is nothing we can do, however, for people who are asking for stuff that isn't the most realistic of requests.

Also, about requests being out there, just because it is incredibly difficult, it's not impossible. I have a modest shiny dialga with nice IVs (I don't remember the exact ones, but...) that is legit (I've gotten it hack checked.). It is possible to get things, provided the game isn't programmed against it (ie, the darkrai events was programmed to NEVER give out a shiny) Unlikely isn't impossible, so for now, I don't see how such a rule would work. ^^

Ledian_X
6th April 2008, 8:12 PM
Hmm. I agree with you again. I'll definitely be reporting these kids more with the tude and the insanity. Still, that ev stuff for level 1s is out there. I think I've had more outlandish requests. Those are the two more recent ones. Remember that one kid that demanded one of my pokemon? I think that's just a simple ban but damn.

LX

mrdurp4
6th April 2008, 9:11 PM
ah ledian i remember one time on wifi when you where gona trade a japinese lvl 30 mew, and the kid said it was fake and reported you. that is proof that spp wifi should have a age and IQ limit

Ledian_X
6th April 2008, 9:24 PM
Right! That mew. Everyone was going crazy over that in spp-wifi and claiming it was a hack. It took me going to Joe himself and asking if it was legit. He confirmed that it was real and even then, people claimed it wasn't. I think it turned out to be some European event mew. Oh well.

I say that if someone has a legit mew and says it's legit, you go in and see for yourself. If it isn't and you talk to him about you, you can turn the power off.

Another reason why common sense has failed some people.

LX

Shining Mew
6th April 2008, 11:12 PM
There are idiotic people on the internet, thats nothing new. We cant do anything to fix that. Not like we can enforce a common sense test before people join the chat.

Ledian_X
6th April 2008, 11:30 PM
Would be nice, though. I know it can't be enforced. I'm just bringing it up because I know others had this issue. People on the net are wicked stupid sometimes. But, I am going to report people more I guess.

Misaki-chi
7th April 2008, 7:11 AM
Oh, come on, we have nearly thirty rules. That's a lot to enforce and we breathe down their necks enough, I think :< If they want to spend hours there begging for things they'll never, ever get legit, that's their problem, not ours. Hell, probably nearly everything in #SPP-WiFi is hacked, but we can't MAKE them, so...

Jess: I wish we could, but we may as well detonate the chat to effectively destroy the idiots D:

randomspot555
18th April 2008, 8:35 PM
This seems to be as good of a place as any, but is the battle/trade chat down?

Misaki-chi
19th April 2008, 6:44 AM
Nope, it's up as always. It's possible that the java was trying to connect you to stardust or fusion [servers in the network], which are practically always broken, and were down for hours at the time.

For the record, this (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=94450) would have been a more appropriate thread in which to post, and chances are the first post could have solved your problem in any case. ^^;

Xx_Dialga_xX
5th May 2008, 9:56 AM
i was kicked from it once because i was going to trade a rayquaza for a shiny eevee and when i went to trade i noticed it was caught with a masterball at lv 2 on route 201 meaning it was fake, i said to the little kid that i dont want hacked pokemon and he started accusing me of scamming him and he went and started saying i was a scammer and i was kick >.< ban little kids from it! too many 8 year olds these days

randomspot555
5th May 2008, 11:43 AM
I agree. It's against the law for kids under 13 to be on message boards (in the US). Surely that can be applied to chat rooms too.

Erik Destler
6th May 2008, 5:07 AM
i was kicked from it once because i was going to trade a rayquaza for a shiny eevee and when i went to trade i noticed it was caught with a masterball at lv 2 on route 201 meaning it was fake, i said to the little kid that i dont want hacked pokemon and he started accusing me of scamming him and he went and started saying i was a scammer and i was kick >.< ban little kids from it! too many 8 year olds these days

use the scammed in spp-wifi thread then.
and provide more info.

I agree. It's against the law for kids under 13 to be on message boards (in the US). Surely that can be applied to chat rooms too.

think of a way to enforce that.

I mean really.
We have so many members below 13. :[

Mewx
10th May 2008, 5:00 PM
Personally, I think they should be allowed to ask for what they want, provided what they want is possible to obtain. (ie, not hax, or pokemon that aren't allowed on SPP currently (darkrai and the like))

So what if you want a shiny with a certain nature? With all the people out there that have copies of the game (According to Serebii (when I asked) "As of December 31, 2007, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl combined have sold 14.17 million copies worldwide.") there's so many shinies that you'd be baffled. Now consider how many people chain, most with synchronizers. The number goes WAY up. Even if only 1/20 people have found a single shiny EVER (Which is underestimating from what I've seen), that's 708,500 shinies. That's SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND. Assuming that each was different until it restarted, that's still 1,445 shinies of EACH SPECIES. Therefore, if you have a 1/25 chance in getting the right nature, you have 57 shinies of that particular species in a single nature. Now consider the number of chained shinies with synchronizers. It's a large amount, to say the least.

Basically, what I'm saying is that it is by no means impossible to get a shiny of a certain nature. Now, if you want to take into account IVs, then it becomes more difficult, but it's still not impossible, seeing as there are IV breeders who sometimes get lucky and find a shiny in their eggs.

One person's view of ridiculous does not make it impossible. I personally have gotten a shiny, female, modest, nicknameable ralts from a friend. Is that so impossible? And no, before you say so, it is not hacked. It was wonderfully kind of her to give it to me. (THANK YOU RIYU! ;O; <33333)

Basically, what I'm saying is that it is not impossible to get what you want. A 'no "ridiculous" requests' rule would be almost impossible to enforce, since everyone's view of 'ridiculous' is different. Plus, that would eliminate of 3/4s (a rough estimate according to what you said is ridiculous) of what people are looking for. Aim high, and someday you'll probably find what you want if you don't give up.

Oh, and since I just saw your most recent post, I just want to add a few words. I'm not saying they should have been rude to you, but trading is somewhat like a business. You produce, they consume. The customer is ALWAYS right. They are the ones who decide whether or not they want what you have. In the end, if you can't provide, they can refuse. You can not make them accept what you have if they don't want it.
Indeed.
Once I was asking my friend to trade something for her shiny mawile [She has billions of shinies]. So she saids sure and asked me what nature I wanted.
O: