PDA

View Full Version : Toxicroak/Croagunk Club V.2

Pages : [1] 2

Ash6K
11th April 2008, 6:30 PM
Hello! Welcome to the Toxicroak/Croagunk V.2. Please read the first post!

Just like the last club, we can talk about anything Croagunk or Toxicroak related. From anime, games, manga, or any random topics dealing with Croagunk/Toxicroak can all be discussed here.

Also like the last club, the co-owners and myself will have topic questions for people to discuss. Additionally, I have also thought that we could discuss/make funny quotes on any Croagunk/Toxicroak pictures as another form of discussion.

There will be one owner: me, and three co-owners that I've already picked.

From the last club:
The rules are
1 Stay on topic
2 Follow Forum Rules
3 No cursing
4 Only owner and Co-owners can change topic
5 No insulting others for useless posting,
if insulting occurs, it is minor one week ban or major month ban from the club
6 No asking to be a Co-owner
7 State why you like Croagunk/Toxicroak when first joining the club

Owner
1. Ash6K

Co-owners
1. Yonowaru in Chaos
2. Buizelfan61393

Members
1. Terry. T.
2. Psychic Politoed
3. Carlos74
4. Verona
5. Pokelover33
6. Wind
7. ShinyPalkia
8. Eevee bucket
9. Lemon-Lime
10. Croarupi
11. Ubernational
12. Dark Butterfly
13. Elrade

Other members:
1. Sarahpom83

Banner made by Terry. T.
http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/cards/562008/30363565e028555fbc8de7c4a45cc223.png

Enjoy and Have Fun!

Yonowaru in Chaos
12th April 2008, 1:12 PM
woot, its back!!! *tells Buizelfan*

Should we tell all the members about the new club or have you already done so?

Buizelfan can make the new topic when he gets back/

Terry. T.
12th April 2008, 2:21 PM
Hi, can I join? I'll make banners on request! I'll also be on as often as I can. Also, I'll ask one of my friends to join (it's a secret).

Yonowaru in Chaos
12th April 2008, 2:49 PM
Welcome Terry T.! I hope you have a fun time here at the club!!

About the banner, we'll gladly accept any fan art and banners (the one Wind requested is getting moldy anyway).

EDIT: Ranked up a few posts ago....only noticed it now. wooh!! Go Kingdra!!

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 3:05 PM
yay! i'm glad we're back. and welcome Terry T.

ok, i guess even though we've already had the topic, we'll do it again for new members.

Do you like Croagunk or Toxicroak and why?

Ash6K
12th April 2008, 3:14 PM
Yay! The club's back, wecome Terry. T. Anyway, I like Croagunk because of it's funny and hilarious in the anime and I like Toxicroak because it's a cool and pretty strong pokemon. Both are awesome!

Yonowaru in Chaos
12th April 2008, 3:22 PM
Toxicroak FTW in UU!

Anyway, Toxicroak (and most of the other Sinnoh Poison-types) is one of the only Poison-type pokemon that lives up to the name of Poison, unlike other sludge sacs like Swalot and Muk, and also the fact that it can do some pretty decent damage where it is. Nice moveset, but collides with not-so-good stats.

Also, Nasty Plot just makes me like it even more. ^_^

From an anime point of view, Toxicroak is pwnge in the hands of Saturn. Brock's Croagunk has an original personality and a call that is not spoiled by dubbers.

Also, Toxicroak's Japanese name pwns.

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 3:23 PM
i like Croagunk too from the anime (which is where i first saw it), because it was just an awesome pokemon. i also like it for reasons i'm not bringing up again to avoid more controversy.

Ash6K
12th April 2008, 3:28 PM
What's Toxicroak's Japanese name again? I know Croagunk's is Gregguru.

Yonowaru in Chaos
12th April 2008, 3:31 PM
Dokuroggu

A portmanteau of Doku meaning poison, and frog (which in katakana is furoggu)

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 3:31 PM
Toxicroak is Dokuroggu

Ash6K
12th April 2008, 3:56 PM
^ Awesome! Thanks, that is a pretty cool name :D

Anyway, did the other members from the last club get a message that this opened?

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 4:03 PM
yes they did YiC sent them

also Ash, i have to ask, you know the thing i mentioned in the last one, that wasn't really tolerated by Wind? well, what about that?

Auraninja
12th April 2008, 4:04 PM
Can I rejoin?

Psychic Politoed

Yonowaru in Chaos
12th April 2008, 4:05 PM
Of course, you can, organ pwner! (it took a while since Wind spelled your name and Bomberboy57's wrong in the old one)

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 4:06 PM
welcome back Psychic Politoed

Ash6K
12th April 2008, 4:25 PM
Welcome back Psychic Politoed! Anyway, about the topic you're wondering about Buizelfan61393, if it's okay with the other co-owners and members, then I won't mind.

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 4:28 PM
thanks Ash...now i wonder how many of the old members will come back...

Ash6K
12th April 2008, 4:30 PM
^ Well it will probably take a while for them to come back, I mean we were the only ones that talked last time remember. Once they get the message, I'm sure they'll stop by in the club.

I'm going to wait a while before posting a topic (Maybe until we reach the second page).

Oh btw, anyone can post pictures of Croagunk/Toxicroak so we could discuss them/make funny quotes or whatever. Something more interactive you know.

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 4:36 PM
oh you know i can...straight from the anime, i'll just have to look.

InfernapeIZCool
12th April 2008, 5:40 PM
Hey, present and accounted for (=

Ash6K
12th April 2008, 5:42 PM
^ Awesome yay! Anyway, we restarted the question of why do you like Croagunk and Toxicroak and why?

You know, so any new members can answer, then many be after like a few posts, we'll do another question.

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 6:09 PM
now i know Infernape didn't have a problem with the stuff i want to say last time. and i don't think YiC has a problem with it. but i'll wait...

anyway i hope all members will be more active than in the last one.

Ash6K
12th April 2008, 6:18 PM
^ Yeah, hopefully they'll be online soon. Anyway, I think it's time for a new topic:

Since Croagunk/Toxicroak is part fighting type, what type of martial arts do you believe it knows?

I think Karate and Judo for some reason. I think both styles are reasonable fighting styles for both Croagunk and Toxicroak.

Carlos74
12th April 2008, 6:20 PM
Can I join? I was member of the preveous club which I really liked.

Why do you like Crogunk and Toxicroak?
I think they look cool (and better than they're safari alter-igo's, Skorupi and Draipion) and Toxicroak is quite good in competetive battling.

Since Croagunk/Toxicroak is part fighting type, what type of martial arts do you believe it knows?
I don't know many martial arts but out the ones I do know I think might know karate because I think people who do karate should be quite agile, like Toxicroak.

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 6:21 PM
well i don't know much about martial arts, lol

welcome back Carlos74, hopefully this time you'll be able to do more in the club, considering you weren't a member for long.

InfernapeIZCool
12th April 2008, 6:29 PM
Judo. Not Jujitsu though.

Ash6K
12th April 2008, 6:32 PM
Welcome back Carlos74. I think Croagunk could also be a Muay Thai fighter. I remember that the reason it had bands in its stomach was because of that. I know that Croagunk wouldn't be a Tae Kwon Do or Kickboxer type of pokemon considering it doesn't use its feet a lot for attacks.

Carlos74
12th April 2008, 6:33 PM
welcome back Carlos74, hopefully this time you'll be able to do more in the club, considering you weren't a member for long.
Yeah. I'll try and be as active as I can. I also try to do some sprite work of Toxicroak like Ash6K asked on the other page.

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 6:51 PM
ok, all we need left is to hear from:

-Cyber Cyclone
-Krankshot17
-Verona
-Pokelover33 (who said he was coming back) and
-bomberboy57

Ash6K
12th April 2008, 6:52 PM
^ Ok thanks for the update Buizelfan! Hopefully they got the messages we've sent them.

Terry. T.
12th April 2008, 7:17 PM
Well, I will make a Trainer's card for club members, with Toxicroak and his Poison buddies. Also, I'll get my friend to join. Don't forget, I'll be here whenever I can. I will PM the card link to you, so you can put it on, Ash6k.

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 7:19 PM
thank you so much. finally we'll have something that makes us feel like a club. and please come on whenever you get the chance. we need active members.

Ash6K
12th April 2008, 7:25 PM
Thanks Terry. T. That would be great for the Toxicroak/Croagunk Club :D

Terry. T.
12th April 2008, 7:36 PM
I've sent the link for the trainer's card. It has 6 different poison Pokemon and Toxicroak.

Verona
12th April 2008, 8:19 PM
Hey about the memberlist! You forgot me! Hehe!

InfernapeIZCool
12th April 2008, 8:23 PM
No, Toxicroak and Croagunk are Ultimate Fighters!

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 8:28 PM
Hey about the memberlist! You forgot me! Hehe!

no we didn't forget you. we just want all the old members to rejoin just to make sure they still want to be members

Terry. T.
12th April 2008, 8:29 PM
About the martial arts... Karate and Judo for Croagunk, just Karate for Toxicroak.

Carlos74
12th April 2008, 8:30 PM
Like I said before, I've done some sprite work on Toxicroak. I'll do some more tomorrow. Here is the one I've done so far:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/Carlos_74/TBD.png
I call it "Bandagecroak", its hard to figure out why! If any cn come up with a better name, please let me know.

Ash6K
12th April 2008, 8:32 PM
Welcome back Verona!

Awesome sprite Carlos74! I really like the bandage look. It really shows the fighter in Toxicroak. Very cool!

Carlos74
12th April 2008, 8:35 PM
Awesome sprite Carlos74! I really like the bandage look. It really shows the fighter in Toxicroak. Very cool!
Thanx. I didn't know if anyone would really like it because I haven't sprited in a while.

Pokelover33
12th April 2008, 8:41 PM
I would like to re-join, and I will be more active, this I sware

Buizelfan61393
12th April 2008, 8:50 PM
yeah Infernape, you don't mind me talking about my attraction to croagunk, do you? Ash6K doesn't as long as the other co-owners don't.

Yonowaru in Chaos
13th April 2008, 2:20 AM
Well, it seems like you spent the whole night partying WITHOUT me. But jokes aside:

@Verona/Pokelover33/Carlos74: Nice to see you back!! Just so you know, all three of your sigs link back to the old Toxicroak Club (you know, the Windy one).

@InfernapeIZCool: Welcome back. In case you didn't know (which I highly doubt), me and Buizelfan have been made co-owners.

@Carlos74: Great spriting there, would you like a WBG?

@Ash6K: Funny, I seem to think of Toxicroak as someone who does tai chi...

@Buizelfan61393: I don't mind.

InfernapeIZCool
13th April 2008, 2:27 AM
I do know that.

Yonowaru in Chaos
13th April 2008, 2:31 AM
yes, well, I was hoping to trigger a new topic (i had no ideas), but since you didn't:

If Brock's Croagunk evolved, do you think its personality would change?

^^Mainly because I can't really picture a Toxicroak with Croagunk's personality right now, and hey, Charmeleon changed.

Buizelfan61393
13th April 2008, 2:31 AM
@infernape and of course you don't mind pokephilia right? (since you're in the club)

i think croagunk would mature somewhat and like YiC said not have that...playful charm, i guess i'll say that croagunk has. almost like a young girl in puppy love

Yonowaru in Chaos
13th April 2008, 3:40 AM
And then there's the fact that Toxicroak without the angry eyes looks weird.

InfernapeIZCool
13th April 2008, 3:42 AM
No, I don't think so. It's the main reason people love Croagunk so much, is his personality.

Yonowaru in Chaos
13th April 2008, 3:45 AM
Maybe, it'll be fun to see how the anime depicts Toxicroak in Croagunk-personality.

@InfernapeIZCool: I think Buizelfan wants a question anwered up there.

Wind
13th April 2008, 4:05 AM
It will come back on but, very very rarely only because it is too hard to just pull myself away like that so, put me on the member list but, some random time I'll never come back and I will not be on alot but, I will be sometimes.
(Do you understand?)

Buizelfan61393
13th April 2008, 4:13 AM
Welcome back Wind...sort of.

InfernapeIZCool
13th April 2008, 4:16 AM
No, I'm quite confused.

Buizelfan61393
13th April 2008, 4:17 AM
what are you confused about, infernape?

Wind
13th April 2008, 4:17 AM
I'll try to be on every other day and every once in a while every day but, I'll slowly disappear.

@InfernapeIzcool- Did I answer your question?

@co-owners/owners- Can I join the club I did own in the past?

Buizelfan61393
13th April 2008, 4:21 AM
of course Wind, i see no reason why not

Wind
13th April 2008, 4:42 AM
Thank YOu but, let's see what the others have to say.

Yonowaru in Chaos
13th April 2008, 4:47 AM
Seeing as InfernapeIZCool got banned 11 minutes ago, should we have a new co-owner?

In (un)related news, Wind is back and I welcome him!

Wind
13th April 2008, 5:17 AM
Thank You again and I'm not sure why he got banned.

@ topic- I think that Croagunk's personality would change alot.

Yonowaru in Chaos
13th April 2008, 5:19 AM
Thank You again and I'm not sure why he got banned.

@ topic- I think that Croagunk's personality would change alot.

Here's the link (http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=312087&page=42).

Which is why the writers would delay the evolution until very late DP to make the most out of Croagunk's personality.

Wind
13th April 2008, 5:25 AM
Yeah, your most likely right about the evolution

Buizelfan61393
13th April 2008, 5:43 AM
i hope croagunk doesn't evolve. but who knows...maybe someday, toxicroak will grow on me.

Wind
13th April 2008, 5:45 AM
He should because he is the second best (Behind only Hounchkrow)

Buizelfan61393
13th April 2008, 5:51 AM
well it is a matter f opinion,but like i said, maybe toxicroak will grow on me, who knows?

Yonowaru in Chaos
13th April 2008, 6:08 AM
Yes and any 'character development' of Toxicroak would naturally be Saturn's Toxicroak.

Wind
13th April 2008, 6:37 AM
Yeah most likely.

Carlos74
13th April 2008, 1:50 PM
@Carlos74: Great spriting there, would you like a WBG?
Emmm... what's a WBG?

Current Topic: I dunno cuz I don't watch the anime.

Yonowaru in Chaos
13th April 2008, 2:23 PM
Emmm... what's a WBG?

Current Topic: I dunno cuz I don't watch the anime.

White-be-gone, as in, no background at all. There are a few spriting shops that I know who does this kind of thing.

Ash6K
13th April 2008, 2:40 PM
Wow, a lot has happened since I was gone. Well anyway, welcome back Wind and Pokelover33!

Anyway, I saved Infernape's spot so once he comes back, he could have it back if he wants.

Anyway, if Croagunk evolves, I don't think it will lose its personality. I mean the writers have let most pokemon keep their personalities and if they do change, it's for the better (i.e. whiney Bonsly evolves into loyal Sudowoodo). Sceptile was still cool with a twig in its mouth, Donphan was still playful, Bayleef still liked Ash, etc. Especially since everyone likes Croagunk for its personality, I don't think the writers would want to change that as well.

Yonowaru in Chaos
13th April 2008, 2:50 PM
Wow, a lot has happened since I was gone. Well anyway, welcome back Wind and Pokelover33!

Anyway, I saved Infernape's spot so once he comes back, he could have it back if he wants.

Anyway, if Croagunk evolves, I don't think it will lose its personality. I mean the writers have let most pokemon keep their personalities and if they do change, it's for the better (i.e. whiney Bonsly evolves into loyal Sudowoodo). Sceptile was still cool with a twig in its mouth, Donphan was still playful, Bayleef still liked Ash, etc. Especially since everyone likes Croagunk for its personality, I don't think the writers would want to change that as well.

It'd be hard imagining a Toxicroak without the Croagunkness it currently has (maybe because its so large, that people are going to notice it, unlike Croagunk which is smaller, and therefore much easier to be seen going off on its own). As for the fact that the writers wouldn't want to change Croagunk's personality, maybe they'll make it evolve when Croagunk's potential runs dry of new ideas (which is to say, very very late DP).

Carlos74
13th April 2008, 3:39 PM
White-be-gone, as in, no background at all. There are a few spriting shops that I know who does this kind of thing.
It's fine.

Wind
13th April 2008, 5:39 PM
What insted of changing Croagunk's personality, it increased it and deepened it when he evolved.

Akira_Toya
13th April 2008, 7:44 PM
May I join, please? Toxicroak is my favorite fighting type.

Buizelfan61393
13th April 2008, 8:19 PM
Hi Akira_Toya, welcome to the club, just wait for Ash6K to put you on the list.

Carlos74
13th April 2008, 8:34 PM
Hi Akira Toya!

I've done another piece of Toxicroak spritework. A mug-shot. Here it is:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/Carlos_74/TBD2.png

Pokelover33
13th April 2008, 11:16 PM
Hmm...If it evolved it's personality would be the same.

Ash6K
14th April 2008, 12:02 AM
Hi Akira Toya!

Welcome Akira_Toya!

And your sprite is awesome! I like it. Toxicroak looks fierce! I like how the red lining on its lips isn't too thick since some pictures I've seen of Toxicroak has thick red lips which look like lipstick. Your's is just right! It's awesome! What does anyone else think?

Wind
14th April 2008, 12:32 AM
I think the picture is really good...I do like it.

Buizelfan61393
14th April 2008, 12:35 AM
i really like it too and agree with Ash on the lips thing

Verona
14th April 2008, 12:38 AM
Ash6k, if the topic is closed about the personality, why don't you make a new topic for the people here who loves to show their artworks they made of these Pokemon? Just a idea! He he! ^^

Buizelfan61393
14th April 2008, 1:43 AM
you don't need a topic. if you have artwork or anything, just post it.

Yonowaru in Chaos
14th April 2008, 2:50 AM
Hi Akira Toya!

Welcome Akira_Toya! Hope you have a fun time here partying at the club (hope you've read the rules and all!)!

Great sprite work there, though I must say that its eyes look a bit too small in relation to its head. Its a great sprite, though!

P.S. When Terry T. comes back, Ash6K, maybe we should ask him to do a banner for the club!

Buizelfan61393
14th April 2008, 2:55 AM
pokelover33 said he was going to get the banner for the club...it has an awesome toxicroak pic that he's using

Wind
14th April 2008, 3:00 AM
Yeah, I have already lost faith in Frozenlightninig

Yonowaru in Chaos
14th April 2008, 3:05 AM
So should I, really...

Anyway, Buizelfan, do you mind making a new topic?

Buizelfan61393
14th April 2008, 3:50 AM

What do you think of Croagunk's role in the anime?

i think croagunk doesn't get enough time in the anime and whenever she does, it's always the same thing, as in she never does anything differently. it's always a poison jab on brock. i think the writers should get a little more creative with croagunk.

p.s. also since Ash said it was okay (as long as the co-owners were okay, YiC doesn't and Infernape doesn't have an opinion right now) to talk about my attraction to Croagunk, i will, if i feel like it

Yonowaru in Chaos
14th April 2008, 3:53 AM
Well its been a long time (wait, what am I talking about? there NEVER was a time) when Croagunk did anything life-saving/life-changing and stuff. The only ones I remember are:

-Oreburgh Gym Battle: Croagunk walks off and meets TR
-Dress-Up Contest: Croagunk catches the egg and wins the contest.
-Brock VS Saturn (self-explanatory)

Thats about it.

Buizelfan61393
14th April 2008, 4:10 AM
oh yeah, i loved it when croagunk was dressed and acted like a politoed, it was really cute and funny (not to mention it actually won)

Yonowaru in Chaos
14th April 2008, 6:33 AM
do you hav a pic of poli-gunk?

Buizelfan61393
14th April 2008, 6:49 AM
yes i do:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3852/c3pf9.png
and while i'm at it, i'll repost some of the pics from the other club:
my favorite:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7782/c1nj6.png
another funny one (that somewhat turns me on): http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1695/croagunkpicxw4.png
and Ash6K's favorite:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/6272/c2rc3.png
and a new one (requested by YiC)
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/92/c4pb6.png

Carlos74
14th April 2008, 2:16 PM
Great sprite work there, though I must say that its eyes look a bit too small in relation to its head. Its a great sprite, though!
Ok. I was thinking about doing another mug-shot but for Bandagecroak, so i'll try to make the eyes bigger.

@BuizelFan, that pic of croagunk as Politoad is really funny. I think I may have to start whatching the anime!

Terry. T.
14th April 2008, 3:52 PM
Hi, I'm back, and I'll do a banner. I'll see if it works this time!

Carlos74
14th April 2008, 6:52 PM
I've done a mug-shot of Bandagecroak, I've just used the last mug-shot and added bandages (apart from making the visible eye bigger like YiC said I should). I'm not so sure about the lighter shading on the bandages but here it is anyway:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/Carlos_74/TBD3.png

Also, thanks for all the comments everyone. :D

Buizelfan61393
14th April 2008, 7:51 PM
i guess that means we'll have two banners

1 by Terry T
1 by pokelover33

just letting everyone know

Pokelover33
14th April 2008, 8:30 PM
The banner is done http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/Sarahpom/pkmnBanner7.png

Don't forget to say credit to Sarahpom83.

Buizelfan61393
14th April 2008, 8:52 PM
awesome banner...and hopefully the typo will be fixed shortly

Akira_Toya
14th April 2008, 9:25 PM
Croagunk's role in the anime? I think that it is just a comic relief Pokemon that wins and succeeds in random things due to coincidence, like when it won the costume contest.

Sarahpom83
14th April 2008, 9:59 PM
Hello may I join, and I'm glad to see that some of you are using the banner I made, I thought I only made it for one person to use, I didn't know it was going to be for everyone but that's cool that you are using it, I like how odd this pokemon is, I really want to get the talking plush of him that Wal-Mart has, he's just so cute in my point of view, at first I thought he was weird but watching so much of him, I've grown to love him. Croagunk reminds me of my fiance in a way.

I'd be happy to make more banners

Buizelfan61393
14th April 2008, 10:10 PM
hi Sarahpom83,

welcome to the club. the banner is awesome, although there is just one typo in it, that we would glaly appreciate be fixed.

anyway, yes croagunk and toxicroak are rather odd pokemon. i don't know whta about croagunk makes me like it...so much that i would be attracted to it, which i am.

the current topic is, What do you think of Croagunk's role in the anime?

Sarahpom83
14th April 2008, 10:15 PM
there isn't like any rules on how to join the club?

also what are u talking about there is a typo in the banner?

Buizelfan61393
14th April 2008, 10:19 PM
well, i'm just generally saying welcome, Ash6K says in the end who joins, but i'm just saying welcome. although maybe we should make joining rules...unless we have some already? i do know you hve to make sure you're going to be active

the typo is that it says Coragunk and not Croagunk

Ash6K
14th April 2008, 10:56 PM
Hey! I'm back from school!

Anyway, I like Croagunk's role in the show. It's so funny with its Croagunk mannerisms. Those pics Buizelfan....YAY! Those pics are totally reasons why I love Croagunk and its role on the show.

As for Carlos74's bandaged Toxicroak...it's awesome! It totally is rockin'!

And for the banner, thanks Sarahpom83, and welcome to the club! The banner also rocks and I like the color style!

Buizelfan61393
14th April 2008, 11:00 PM
Ash6K: what time do you get out of school, just curious?

anyway, yeah i really love those pics too, and once again, i can get any pic i can think of pretty much.

and i don't know if the club is the cause of it, but lately i've been having more feelings for croagunk than usual, it's weird.

Ash6K
14th April 2008, 11:06 PM
Well from Mondays to Fridays it's: 7:20 am to 2:20 pm but I have One Act rehearsals and/or AP Euro study sessions until 4:00 pm. I'm not home until 4:30 ish so I try to go to the club right away after I come home.

Buizelfan61393
14th April 2008, 11:11 PM
speaking of my attraction, i'm writing a fanfic, that in the near future will have croagunk in it (she will appear in chapter 5, currently three chapters are available to read, chapter 4 is being written currently) so pm, if you're interested, and you have choice of censored or uncensored (but not for language)

Ash6K
15th April 2008, 12:09 AM
Hey Sarahpom, I got a question about your banner. Where did you find that Toxicroak picture? Did you make it or what? It looks really cool!

Wind
15th April 2008, 2:50 AM
Please pm me if you'd like to read this story I'm typing, Croagunk is the main character's main pokemon, I just finished chapter 10.

Yonowaru in Chaos
15th April 2008, 3:22 AM
Hi, I'm back, and I'll do a banner. I'll see if it works this time!

Welcome back. Good luck on making the banner!

I've done a mug-shot of Bandagecroak, I've just used the last mug-shot and added bandages (apart from making the visible eye bigger like YiC said I should). I'm not so sure about the lighter shading on the bandages but here it is anyway:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/Carlos_74/TBD3.png

Also, thanks for all the comments everyone. :D

Great work! I really can't think of anything else to comment on...

The banner is done http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/Sarahpom/pkmnBanner7.png

Don't forget to say credit to Sarahpom83.

Great banner (despite the typo!)

Hello may I join, and I'm glad to see that some of you are using the banner I made, I thought I only made it for one person to use, I didn't know it was going to be for everyone but that's cool that you are using it, I like how odd this pokemon is, I really want to get the talking plush of him that Wal-Mart has, he's just so cute in my point of view, at first I thought he was weird but watching so much of him, I've grown to love him. Croagunk reminds me of my fiance in a way.

I'd be happy to make more banners

Welcome! What can I say (except for having a great time!).

Hey! I'm back from school!
Anyway, I like Croagunk's role in the show. It's so funny with its Croagunk mannerisms. Those pics Buizelfan....YAY! Those pics are totally reasons why I love Croagunk and its role on the show.

I think a change in topic is in order. Buizelfan wants me to change the topic before he does so here it is:

If Croagunk and/or Toxicroak were put in to real life, what do you think would happen?

Buizelfan61393
15th April 2008, 5:02 AM
well, to some of you, it's no question what would happen to me if Croagunk was real. it's number 3 (really 2...) on my attraction list. i'd go out to get one, and (as simple as i can make it) love it like a real life partner...yes this is how pokephiles think.

Sarahpom83
15th April 2008, 2:29 PM
The name on the banner should be fixed.. I didn't know it was wrong, it was requested to do that and the font was like that, I just copy and paste the wording.

any ways
If Croagunk and/or Toxicroak were put in to real life, what do you think would happen?
um lets see here, I like Croagunk more then the other one, if it was real I'd have it with my team along with Aipom, and Pikachu and Chimchar and Meowth. most of my other favorite pokemon.

EDIT: also the one pokemon picture came from http://www.arkeis.com/home.htm

Yonowaru in Chaos
15th April 2008, 2:35 PM
What, you mean this one:

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/toxicroak.png

Also, due to Buizelfan's IMPLICATION of me doing not-so-much for the club:

http://darksilvania.deviantart.com/art/Toxicroak-Evos-75512957

Here's some fan-art of the fake-lutions of Toxicroak

http://lydario.deviantart.com/art/TOXICRAP-67914895

And heres some fan-art of a cool Toxicroak pose.

http://crazylink.deviantart.com/art/Croagunk-81084844

A bit of Croagunkness.

http://chromosomejenova.deviantart.com/art/Croagunk-in-the-Swamp-74779867

And a personal favourite.

Oh yes, and my topic:
I guess I'll catch it and release it in my swamp with a few of his Poison-type buddies (sse the sig) and I'll watch them play around for a while. If they're in the mood, I'll train them for a while.

And, oh yes, Toxicroak and friends have to go on 'admin duty', hehehe.

Carlos74
15th April 2008, 3:16 PM
YiC: Those Toxicroak evo's are really cool. So are the other ones. Did you do them, or did you just find them from other peple?

Topic: I train up my Croagunk untill it was a Toxicroak then I'd have it as a companion and train it up on chava's (if there wasn't any other pokemon to train it on that is).

Edit: I fogot to say hi, Sarahpom, and that banner you made is relly cool.

Yonowaru in Chaos
15th April 2008, 3:19 PM
Of course I didn't...I suck at drawing... (unless its 2D XD)

No I just hang around deviantart a lot, trying to find better tips at drawing anime. Don't have a scanner anyway....

Carlos74
15th April 2008, 3:28 PM
Of course I didn't...I suck at drawing... (unless its 2D XD)

No I just hang around deviantart a lot, trying to find better tips at drawing anime. Don't have a scanner anyway....
Oh. I've never been on deviant art before... apart from them links you sent.

Wind
15th April 2008, 9:07 PM
Those artworks are really cool, To answer the topic I'm not really sure, just I'd get one after I got Hounchkrow.

Terry. T.
15th April 2008, 9:25 PM
Well, it's a secret signature for the club.

Croagunk, the jabber-;453;
Toxicroak, the evolve of the jabber-;454;
Croagunk is cool, and so is Toxicroak,
And I love them, and you should too!

Buizelfan61393
15th April 2008, 10:37 PM
thank you so much, now the typo is fixed!

Ash6K
15th April 2008, 10:52 PM
What, you mean this one:

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/toxicroak.png

Also, due to Buizelfan's IMPLICATION of me doing not-so-much for the club:

http://darksilvania.deviantart.com/art/Toxicroak-Evos-75512957

Here's some fan-art of the fake-lutions of Toxicroak

http://lydario.deviantart.com/art/TOXICRAP-67914895

And heres some fan-art of a cool Toxicroak pose.

http://crazylink.deviantart.com/art/Croagunk-81084844

A bit of Croagunkness.

http://chromosomejenova.deviantart.com/art/Croagunk-in-the-Swamp-74779867

And a personal favourite.

Oh yes, and my topic:
I guess I'll catch it and release it in my swamp with a few of his Poison-type buddies (sse the sig) and I'll watch them play around for a while. If they're in the mood, I'll train them for a while.

And, oh yes, Toxicroak and friends have to go on 'admin duty', hehehe.

Those are kick butt pictures! I think they're awesome :D (Especially the green Toxicroak)

Anyway, if Croagunk and Toxicroak were real, I'd have them be my buddies and I'll be Ash-like and train them, take care of them, etc. I'd have a fun with them, especially if I could have them Poison Jab someone haha!

Buizelfan61393
15th April 2008, 11:02 PM
poison jab other people? yeah that would be pretty awesome, even an affectionate poison jab on me wouldn't be bad once in a while O_O

Ash6K
16th April 2008, 12:05 AM
So...new topic!

What color besides the original would you prefer for Croagunk/Toxicroak and why?

After seeing the green Toxicroak, I was wondering what other colors could be perfect for Croagunk and Toxicroak. I would like a more darker coloring for Croagunk/Toxicroak as well as the original. I mean my favorite color is black and I think it would look pretty cool for Croagunk/Toxicroak to have some black/dark colorings.

(Also, just a heads up...I'll allow two topics to be posted at the same time for a certain amount of time to add more discussion)

Akira_Toya
16th April 2008, 12:51 AM
What color besides the original would you prefer for Croagunk/Toxicroak and why?
A black and white Toxicroak and Croagunk, because Go stones are [normally] black and white.

Wind
16th April 2008, 1:46 AM

I'd like to see a Brick Red and Navy Blue coloring.

Yonowaru in Chaos
16th April 2008, 1:58 AM
hmm, an alternate colouration?

Well, hows about orange?

Fantacroak!

Anyway, I might upload a picture of my idea later on on Fantacroak!

Akira_Toya
16th April 2008, 2:48 AM
Or Coca-Croak.

Buizelfan61393
16th April 2008, 2:58 AM
i'd like to see a much darker blue croagunk and toxicroak, only because that would make them look more fierce. otherwise not too much change (sorry, my favorite color is blue)

Akira_Toya
16th April 2008, 2:59 AM
i'd like to see a much darker blue croagunk and toxicroak, only because that would make them look more fierce. otherwise not too much change (sorry, my favorite color is blue)
What would be cooler is a light blue/teal/aqua kind. Like Mr. Game & Watch's alt. color.

Buizelfan61393
16th April 2008, 3:07 AM
What would be cooler is a light blue/teal/aqua kind. Like Mr. Game & Watch's alt. color.

actually shiny versions of the pokemon are already like that.

Yonowaru in Chaos
16th April 2008, 4:12 AM
Anyway, heres Fantacroak:

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/PaletteSwapper/Test%20Colours/?action=view&current=fantacroak-1.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/PaletteSwapper/Test%20Colours/?action=view&current=fantacroak-1.jpg)

I got the outline from somewhere else, but the recolouring, I did.

Its my first re-colour, by the way.

EDIT 1:Did another one BTW:

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/PaletteSwapper/Test%20Colours/?action=view&current=strawberrymilshake-croak.jpg

EDIT 2: At the request of Buizelfan61393

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/PaletteSwapper/Test%20Colours/?action=view&current=subterraneanhellcroak.jpg

Carlos74
16th April 2008, 1:17 PM

I think dark black where the blue orignally is, silver where the grey lines down it's sides are, dark/ brick red for the ball type thing on it's throught (don't know what to call it...), dark/ brick red for its claw and lighter red for it's eyes.

Edit: I've re-coloured a Toxicroak sprite in the colours I thought will look good on Toxicroak. I've used Orange rather than red for the claw's and stuff though.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/Carlos_74/TBD4.png

Sarahpom83
16th April 2008, 1:44 PM

well this is my thought for a female version of Croagunk/Toxicroak that they should be like a Purple/Pink color it be easy to decided the sex of the pokemon if they where more female like colors, but I still like the colors they are at now but for a female look would be cuter.

Yonowaru in Chaos
16th April 2008, 1:55 PM

I think dark black where the blue orignally is, silver where the grey lines down it's sides are, dark/ brick red for the ball type thing on it's throught (don't know what to call it...), dark/ brick red for its claw and lighter red for it's eyes.

Edit: I've re-coloured a Toxicroak sprite in the colours I thought will look good on Toxicroak. I've used Orange rather than red for the claw's and stuff though.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh294/Carlos_74/TBD4.png

Its called a vocal sac, or simply, the sac! Nice sprite there too!

well this is my thought for a female version of Croagunk/Toxicroak that they should be like a Purple/Pink color it be easy to decided the sex of the pokemon if they where more female like colors, but I still like the colors they are at now but for a female look would be cuter.

Yeah, I did one up there, although its more of a honey milk + strawberry croak.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/PaletteSwapper/Test%20Colours/?action=view&current=barbiecroak.jpg

^^@Sarahpom83, I hope I've done a good job on this one.

Sarahpom83
16th April 2008, 2:30 PM
Its called a vocal sac, or simply, the sac! Nice sprite there too!

Yeah, I did one up there, although its more of a honey milk + strawberry croak.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/PaletteSwapper/Test%20Colours/?action=view&current=barbiecroak.jpg

That's cool, I was kind of going to draw one of Croagunk, but the edit of Toxicroak is cool. I'm rather blank so I don't know what else to say.

Terry. T.
16th April 2008, 4:20 PM
Maybe there should be a drawing of Poli-gunk in the club... sorry though, I don't have a scanner and I'm very bad at drawing.

Buizelfan61393
16th April 2008, 7:52 PM
i wonder who in the club would be brave enough to do it?

Wind
16th April 2008, 9:53 PM
How would a Poli-gunk even look like?

Buizelfan61393
16th April 2008, 9:56 PM
the pic from the anime was already posted:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3852/c3pf9.png

Akira_Toya
16th April 2008, 10:28 PM

Now that is too cool.

Ash6K
16th April 2008, 11:38 PM
Wow awesome pics Yonowaru and great sprite Carlos! All of them look really awesome and creative. I like it!

Yonowaru in Chaos
17th April 2008, 2:51 AM
thank you everyone!!^^

i didn't do a great job on the toes though, they look like squashed oranges.... XD

anyway, i might be able to edit Croagunk's colours for a Poli-gunk..

EDIT: no, it was too hard...the swirl was too hard for someone so noob like me...

Sarahpom83
17th April 2008, 1:45 PM
I could maybe draw it, but I would have to finish all my request first. But I love to draw and I could also draw some pictures to make other banners or just find some images off the web to use...

Buizelfan61393
17th April 2008, 8:49 PM
thanks Sarahpom, that would be greatly appreciated (and funny at the same time) :D

Wind
17th April 2008, 8:50 PM
Ohhhh okay I thought you were talking about Poliwag/Croagunk. The Politoad/Croagunk slipped my mind.

Ash6K
17th April 2008, 10:44 PM
So Buizelfan, you said you have a topic you wanted to post? Do you wanna post it now?

Buizelfan61393
17th April 2008, 10:49 PM
okay, well there are many opinions on the Brock/Croagunk relationship so i wanted to see what everyone else thought.

What is your opinion on the Brock and Croagunk's friendship?

i think that Brock's Croagunk is indeed female, and that she secretly has a crush on Brock, however, Brock doesn't exactly feel the same way, nor is he even aware of it. i always think it's a cute recurring side story of the show.

Ash6K
17th April 2008, 11:04 PM
I think Croagunk is male for some reason. I don't know, the deep voice gets to me. But anyway, I think that Croagunk and Brock are buddies even though Croagunk doesn't really show it. It seems that Croagunk is a loyal, weird (in a funny way) pokemon and I think its Poison Jabs towards Brock is like when Max pulls Brock's ear. That's my thought.

Buizelfan61393
17th April 2008, 11:12 PM
well i don't think the voice should be much of a factor, most of the pokemon have the same voice regardless of the gender.

Sarahpom83
17th April 2008, 11:37 PM
What is your opinion on the Brock and Croagunk's friendship?

Yeah Brocks Croagunk seems female like to me for some reason, like she's Jealous that Brock keeps falling for girls, but Brock doesn't realizes that his Croagunk likes him back like Buizelfan61393 said.

And about all pokemon sounding the same, I thought Pikachu was female, but I know its male now, and Buneary well of course it sounds female and it is female. Piplup I'm not sure about, male?

Buizelfan61393
17th April 2008, 11:44 PM
i think dawn's piplup is male, not sure why. of course there is almost solid proof that brock's croagunk is female, the bands on its stomach correspond to where a female croagunk has them in the game

Akira_Toya
17th April 2008, 11:56 PM
That whole thing with the Poison Jab is just comic relief to appeal to six year olds.

Buizelfan61393
17th April 2008, 11:58 PM
but it has a deeper meaning to us older fans

Akira_Toya
18th April 2008, 12:03 AM
but it has a deeper meaning to us older fans
Deeper meaning? Hmmmm.

Buizelfan61393
18th April 2008, 2:31 AM
the deeper meaning being all the stuff we were just talking about.

Akira_Toya
18th April 2008, 4:02 AM
I guess that's true, but only if you WANT it to have a deeper meaning.

Buizelfan61393
18th April 2008, 4:08 AM
yeah wel...i do...

Akira_Toya
18th April 2008, 4:15 AM
Okay then. But I thought that Croagunk was male. So, unless it's a GAY Croagunk...

Buizelfan61393
18th April 2008, 4:35 AM
well that's a whole different discussion.

Yonowaru in Chaos
18th April 2008, 8:42 AM
That whole thing with the Poison Jab is just comic relief to appeal to six year olds.

Remember that the audience of the show in Japan is considerably older as well. 4Kids just 'stupidified' it.

Akira_Toya
18th April 2008, 11:09 AM
Remember that the audience of the show in Japan is considerably older as well. 4Kids just 'stupidified' it.
So there's a deeper meaning meant to be understood in the sub, but in the dub it's just idiots thinking that you stop watching Pokemon when you turn ten.

Yonowaru in Chaos
18th April 2008, 11:42 AM
Maybe there isn't, but many things in the anime can be taken as having a deeper meaning, and not just for comic relief or whatever. Pokemon hasn't gone that downhill.

Sarahpom83
18th April 2008, 2:52 PM
um excuse me, but I'm an adult! and I've loved pokemon since I was 14 and I'm 24 now (ew don't like that age) I'm getting old.... any ways and I love pokemon a lot, I collect stuff from it, got all games to it, ect.

So pokemon is for any age. also my fiance likes it, and my son is starting to like it, he likes Chimchar and Pikachu

Yonowaru in Chaos
18th April 2008, 3:22 PM
um excuse me, but I'm an adult! and I've loved pokemon since I was 14 and I'm 24 now (ew don't like that age) I'm getting old.... any ways and I love pokemon a lot, I collect stuff from it, got all games to it, ect.

So pokemon is for any age. also my fiance likes it, and my son is starting to like it, he likes Chimchar and Pikachu

Yes, well I'm not discriminating anyone who watches the anime (and is deemed 'too old' for it), I'm just saying that the American dubbers (as well as Pokemon USA in general) targets Pokemon to 12 years and under.

I mean, heck, we're all 'too old' for the anime.

But I can tell that the Japanese version targets older viewers and fans (to the point that it might even be unsuitable for under 5 year olds, maybe).

But maybe that's just me.

Sarahpom83
18th April 2008, 3:27 PM
my son is 2 and he loves them but not as much as I do, I don't think I'll ever stop liking them kind of like I don't hate the power rangers because I still love the first ever season! I think it was 1st, 2nd and 3rd seasons of Power Rangers after that it got weird, but ever once in a while I'll catch one of the new ones and watch it for the hell of it. and there are a few other things I watch with my son to help him learn.

So no one is ever to young or to old to like something, when I was in the pokemon league when we had it around here, they stopped having it and I wish I could open one up for those around here, but there was a 33 year old that liked pokemon and battled with cards and I was like wow, I'm sure by now that person is like 38 or something.

Yonowaru in Chaos
18th April 2008, 3:31 PM
my son is 2 and he loves them but not as much as I do, I don't think I'll ever stop liking them kind of like I don't hate the power rangers because I still love the first ever season! I think it was 1st, 2nd and 3rd seasons of Power Rangers after that it got weird, but ever once in a while I'll catch one of the new ones and watch it for the hell of it. and there are a few other things I watch with my son to help him learn.

So no one is ever to young or to old to like something, when I was in the pokemon league when we had it around here, they stopped having it and I wish I could open one up for those around here, but there was a 33 year old that liked pokemon and battled with cards and I was like wow, I'm sure by now that person is like 38 or something.

Yes, once I was in a tournament held by a Pokemon Tour celebrating the release of Diamond and Pearl and I was battling this 35-year old man who had a, I think, Bronzong (who was no match for my Vespiquen) and a CB Rapidash and another one which I forgot what it was...

Anyway, my point is that its great to see that Pokemon is appealing to older fans as well as the younger ones. And congratulations, Sarahpom, for being one of them (I'm not calling you old by the way...)

Also, I think we're getting very off topic here.

Sarahpom83
18th April 2008, 4:56 PM
yes very off topic lets talk about the two pokemon this club is for again >< but myself I need to go and go ask Lisa which shorts look better for Samuel's outfit I'm not good with matching clothing together. and to ask her about the picture size. He's getting pictures taken at 1 and well yeah..

any ways

Do you think they should have created a baby form for Croagunk?
I think so, I'm sure it be cute, I might try to make one, is he like based of a toad? or something

Pokelover33
18th April 2008, 5:56 PM
Do you think they should have created a baby form for Croagunk?

Yes, baby forms are so nice,and hopefuly, they will make one in the next gen, or the 3erd game in the d/p games

Buizelfan61393
18th April 2008, 9:06 PM
i would like to see a baby form of Croagunk...i'm pretty much imagining the same shape of Croagunk just with bigger eyes ^_^

p.s. sorry i'm not posting much, i've been a little depressed...

Akira_Toya
18th April 2008, 9:33 PM
Yes, well I'm not discriminating anyone who watches the anime (and is deemed 'too old' for it), I'm just saying that the American dubbers (as well as Pokemon USA in general) targets Pokemon to 12 years and under.

I mean, heck, we're all 'too old' for the anime.

But I can tell that the Japanese version targets older viewers and fans (to the point that it might even be unsuitable for under 5 year olds, maybe).

But maybe that's just me.
Oh! I'm not too old!
So, what's the cause for the depression, Buizelfan?

Buizelfan61393
18th April 2008, 9:44 PM
oh just something that happened in another club, anyway, i'm watching the newest Japanese episode soon and i will report on the Croagunkness of the episode as usual

Sarahpom83
18th April 2008, 9:48 PM
you shouldn't get dressed over another club, be happy! and if I have time I'll draw a fakemon baby for the pokemon, I just kind of tired and don't feel like doing anything today really.. I want to take a nap but I don't know if I can fall asleep or not..

oh also I guess my club has finally been expected, if you guys like any of these Rodent/Mice Pokémon "Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Minun, Plusle, Ratatta, Raticate, Sandshrew, Sandshlash, Azurill, Maril and Pachirisu" then come join my club, the link is in my sign.. It just opened.

Buizelfan61393
18th April 2008, 9:52 PM
sort of ironic you'd say that about clubs (it actually happened yesterday and still feeling the sadness)

i will be home all week next week and therefore on the computer, so hopefully i'll be able to think of new topics, but the downside is nobody's on...usually

Sarahpom83
18th April 2008, 10:08 PM
sort of ironic you'd say that about clubs (it actually happened yesterday and still feeling the sadness)

i will be home all week next week and therefore on the computer, so hopefully i'll be able to think of new topics, but the downside is nobody's on...usually

Just try to cheer up, oh and I sent you a note hopefully it well help you out, and when I can I'll draw a picture of the Croagunk Politoed version thing from the cartoon and also a idea for a fakemon baby form.

Ash6K
18th April 2008, 10:38 PM
I think a baby form of Croagunk would've been cool. But at the same time, I'm happy to catch Croagunk right off the bat since usually, the lowest level pokemon are caught more than evolved forms.

Anyway...random question, but to those who keep track of the Japanese anime, does anyone want to see a Croagunk battle/Poison Jab Brock when you-know-who's around?

Buizelfan61393
18th April 2008, 10:48 PM
i'm confused, who's you know who?

Contest Master Mikuri Enters!!

i'm getting so tired of saying this but...a poison jab then nothing for the rest of the episode as far as Croagunk is concerned.

Ash6K
18th April 2008, 11:13 PM
May

I put it in a spoiler just in case some people don't want to hear spoilers. So speaking of that, since Japanese episodes can come up in conversation, I need to know which people are okay with spoilers, and which people arn't.

Buizelfan61393
18th April 2008, 11:15 PM
i keep up with the japanese anime so i'm good, so is that person the you know who you were referring to?

Wind
18th April 2008, 11:16 PM
I know most of them anyway (sorry for not being on as much)

Ash6K
18th April 2008, 11:41 PM
^ Yeah, I was referring to May. I would love to see her reaction when Croagunk stabs Brock because it's bound to happen.

Buizelfan61393
18th April 2008, 11:49 PM
not from Brock flirting with May of course, Brock would never do that. it sure would be funny, except most of the time nobody seems to take any notice when Brock gets poison jabbed, except maybe once or twice, i would like to see more of other people's reactions

Ash6K
19th April 2008, 12:05 AM
Well since Max and May noticed Misty when she did it, I think May could notice Croaunk if it does stab Brock. I could totally see Croagunk stab Brock after he flirts with Nurse Joy and then May's in the corner with some funny reaction.

Buizelfan61393
19th April 2008, 12:08 AM
i guess that's true, now how would Max react, you know, the one who actually did the pulling of Brock's ears?

Yonowaru in Chaos
19th April 2008, 2:31 AM
Had a fun party? XD

Anyway, a new baby form would be cool (so it can learn extra moves) and I can't wait to see Sarahpom's Poli-gunk and baby Croagunk pics!

So, stumbling across May, I already saw the pics before you spoilered it, Ash6K, lol.

Sarahpom83
19th April 2008, 4:06 AM
I saw the picture of May when I clicked on the site because every day I see if Serebii.net has something new on its page, it does, I though wonder what happened to the owner of " http://pokemonelite2000.com/index.html " he hasn't posted anything in like two months I think. But I saw that mays little Eevee evolved into Glaceon, I haven't seen a video about it but I try not to watch any of the new pokemon episodes I try to wait for the English ones to come out.

And Brock won't flirt with younger girls, I don't think I have ever seen him go after a younger female before, only older ones about his age because after all he's about 17 or so, and May, Dawn, are like what 11? Ash should be about like what 15 or something by now? Misty about the same...

Buizelfan61393
19th April 2008, 4:11 AM
actually Ash should be 20 at this point, maybe even 21.

Yonowaru in Chaos
19th April 2008, 4:13 AM
I think Brock is around 18, Ash around 17 and Misty's around 14-16. Maybe younger even.

Anyways, before the topic derails, lets have a new one!

Do you think Croagunk will ever stop Poison Jabbing Brock?

My answer: err...no.

Buizelfan61393
19th April 2008, 4:15 AM
oh...no, and i hope she doesn't ever stop.

Sarahpom83
19th April 2008, 2:39 PM
Do you think Croagunk will ever stop Poison Jabbing Brock?

I'm guessing no, since there isn't anyone else to pull him around way from girls when he goes like that, Ash I don't think he has ever done anything like that to Brock and I think Misty was the one right? Then it was Max and now well its his own pokemon, I think its kind of funny, you would think Brock would know he would get a poison jab done to him each time he goes bloggy for a girl.

Buizelfan61393
19th April 2008, 6:19 PM
or perhaps...he likes it O_O?

Yonowaru in Chaos
19th April 2008, 6:24 PM
or perhaps...he likes it O_O?

Judging from Brock's expression during a poison jab and the fact that he is usually interrupted whilts being poison jab, I think this is a plausible argument.

hmm...maybe at some point in time, Brock would eventually stop flirting and get married...to the dismay of Croagunk who will relentlessly poison jab him day and night.

Ash6K
19th April 2008, 6:38 PM
I hope Croagunk won't stop stabbing Brock. Because we all know, there's nothing like a good STAB.

Also, I think the stabbing and dragging Brock across the floor would be too funny to let go.

Buizelfan61393
19th April 2008, 6:49 PM
indeed it would be, and i still argue that to some degree brock may in fact like it, although i'm not sure even croagunk's power can keep brock away from girls

Ash6K
19th April 2008, 7:14 PM
If Croagunk ever evolves...I bet the Posion Stab would hurt even more! I mean the red claw that Toxicroak has, ouch! Anyway, Croagunk is the best pokemon for Brock since...well I don't know haha!

Buizelfan61393
19th April 2008, 11:30 PM
i think it's time for a new topic (thanks to Sarahpom83 for it):

Which one would win in a fight, Croagunk or Politoed, and why do you think so?

lol, i think Croagunk would win, idk why just doesn't seem Politoed (at least Misty's) was always serious

Ash6K
20th April 2008, 3:46 AM
I think Croagunk is a more fiercer pokemon than Politoad. I mean it has Brick Break, Poison Jab, etc. I think it's a lot more stronger than Politoad imo.

So because of that, I think Croagunk will win!

Yonowaru in Chaos
20th April 2008, 3:52 AM
I hope Croagunk won't stop stabbing Brock. Because we all know, there's nothing like a good STAB.

Pun intended?

i think it's time for a new topic (thanks to Sarahpom83 for it):

lol, i think Croagunk would win, idk why just doesn't seem Politoed (at least Misty's) was always serious

Unless Politoed had access to Psychic...
I haven't seen much of Politoed in the anime, except for the one with the cheerleaders and all, so I can't really judge strengths between the two.

Pokelover33
20th April 2008, 1:32 PM
I'd hate to say it but the only way Crogunk could win is if it had dryskin.

Yonowaru in Chaos
20th April 2008, 1:34 PM
Yes and of course, Croagunk in the anime only has Anticipation.

Pokelover33
20th April 2008, 1:36 PM
It would also depend on whare they were battling, that would be an intrusting fight.

Yonowaru in Chaos
20th April 2008, 1:44 PM
And also if Politoed knows Perish Song.......

Ash6K
20th April 2008, 4:57 PM
^ Yeah, pun intended lol. Anyway, with the episode of the tag battle coming up, hopefully we could get more Croagunk pictures. Speaking of pics, does anyone have more pics to share?

Buizelfan61393
20th April 2008, 8:48 PM
hm? what episode with a tag battle? anyway, you know i can get any pic form the anime

Sarahpom83
20th April 2008, 10:58 PM

Hmm well lets see it depends, ether one could beat each other, if you battle with someone else to test it out and be the same level then we'd really find out. But in my point of view I think both can win

Yonowaru in Chaos
21st April 2008, 4:41 AM
hm? what episode with a tag battle? anyway, you know i can get any pic form the anime

I think Ash6K means the Wallace Cup

Terry. T.
21st April 2008, 6:52 PM
I think Politoed, because he's harder to get than Croagunk, and Politoed has Perish Song, so I guess that Politoed has a VERY easy win. Probably, anyway.

Ash6K
22nd April 2008, 12:39 AM
I think Ash6K means the Wallace Cup

Actually, there's going to be a tag battle for a restaurant. You could try and find the vid for the preview and it shows May with Glaceon and Dawn with Buneary doing a double Ice Beam. There's another clip where Brock is shown using Sudowoodo so hopefully he'll also use Croagunk.

Anyway, does anyone have a new topic to share?

Buizelfan61393
22nd April 2008, 3:38 AM
i have a topic:

Do you think Croagunk and/or Toxicroak would work better on the "good guy" side or the "bad guy" side

i think it's better suited for the bad guy side, because, Croagunk just how it looks, makes it look evil. Also, i could see Croagunk easily working with Team Rocket...just no Brock's apparently

Yonowaru in Chaos
22nd April 2008, 5:15 AM
Bad guy, probably. But it doesn't rule Croagunk/Toxicroak out of good humour! And Croagunk right now is kind of on the 'bad-guy' side of the good guys, rather anti-social and all.

Carlos74
22nd April 2008, 4:30 PM
Sorry for being gone for so long everyone I think I've missed about three topics.....

anyway

Do you think Croagunk and/or Toxicroak would work better on the "good guy" side or the "bad guy" side

I think Toxicroak suits more of a "bad guy", but Croagunk could be either.

I'm not so sure about in the anime becasue I haven't seen Politoad yet (and I don't think I will becasue I have to go too school when it's on), but if it were competitive, then Politoad would just pwn it with Psychic.

Will Croagunk ever stop Posion Jabbing Brock?

I very much doubt it, because its kinda funny and otherwise all the episode would be is Brock just flirt's all episode with nurse Joy.

Should there be a baby form of Croagunk?

Yeah, that or an evo of Toxicroak. If there is in the 5th gen, then it should be able too learn some handy moves that Croagunk and Toxicroak can't at the mo.

Buizelfan61393
22nd April 2008, 9:00 PM

I'm not so sure about in the anime becasue I haven't seen Politoad yet (and I don't think I will becasue I have to go too school when it's on), but if it were competitive, then Politoad would just pwn it with Psychic.

well...the anime is on Saturday morning, when i'm sure very few people go to school. and misty previously had a politoed but is no longer in the anime, however there are plenty of places online to download/watch the anime from previous years

but anyway, welcome back Carlos74

Ash6K
22nd April 2008, 11:17 PM
Welcome back Carlos74! Anyway, I think Croagunk seems more of the funny, weird good-ish guy that seems to be doing his own thing. Also, it seems that Croagunk is a more a funny pokemon that helps you imo. Like in Mystery Dungeon 2, a Croagunk helps you in like one of the town places or something...

And then I see Toxicroak being more a bad guy because it looks fierce! I mean the eyes and claws are totally threatening and the name itself screams danger. So I think Toxicroak is more of a bad guy, and Croagunk is more of a good guy.

Carlos74
23rd April 2008, 4:42 PM
well...the anime is on Saturday morning, when i'm sure very few people go to school. and misty previously had a politoed but is no longer in the anime, however there are plenty of places online to download/watch the anime from previous years

but anyway, welcome back Carlos74
Oh. I was whatching it in the hols and it was on every morning. Unless that was just cuz it woz the hols...

Ash6K
25th April 2008, 12:29 AM
I've seen pictures of the next episode and I must say, it's sad to see that there wasn't much of Croagunk in that episode. Hopefully we'll see more of it in the future Wallace Cup Arc. Anyway, since the club has sort of been a little inactive...we need something fun to do in the club and anyone that has ideas, please post them so we could do something cool.

Anyway I'm going to post a topic:

What special moves would you like Croagunk/Toxicroak to learn in the future that it doesn't know now?

I would say Cross Poison. I mean, if it can learn Cross Chop through breeding, why not learn Cross Poison right?

Buizelfan61393
25th April 2008, 1:38 AM
i think we did something like this in the other club, didn't we? where we made up moves that Croagunk and Toxicroak should know.

everbody i'm sad to report that (whether you know what it is or not) in the war between Pokephiliacs and Bulbagarden Forums, Croagunk was unfortunately brought up and made fun of...

Yonowaru in Chaos
25th April 2008, 8:17 AM
^^BLASPHEMY!

Well, I think Toxicroak should learn Gunk Shot as well, since it can learn Mud Bomb, so why can't it learn Gunk Shot?

Ash6K
25th April 2008, 10:58 PM
i think we did something like this in the other club, didn't we? where we made up moves that Croagunk and Toxicroak should know.

everbody i'm sad to report that (whether you know what it is or not) in the war between Pokephiliacs and Bulbagarden Forums, Croagunk was unfortunately brought up and made fun of...

Well they don't know Croagunk like we know Croagunk ;)

Anyway, we kinda made up moves but my topic is for existing moves that occured.

At the same time, I got a new idea for the club...I was thinking of having some interactive game like trivia or whatever for the club. Is that a good idea? Also, it would be great if the members get pm'd about this new thing I'm thinking of so they could be a part of it.

(P.S. just to let you know, I might not be on most days to post. I have like an AP exam in two weeks and I basically need to read a billion pages of notes. I will check on the forum from time to time though).

Buizelfan61393
25th April 2008, 11:07 PM
okay, me and YiC will take over for the time, i suppose, and the other member will be notified.

Ash6K
25th April 2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks, I can't wait for school to be over. That way I can spend more time on the club.

Sarahpom83
25th April 2008, 11:40 PM
hmmm I still think its good on the good side, even thought its final form does seem a bit kind of nasty.

What special moves would you like Croagunk/Toxicroak to learn in the future that it doesn't know now?
not very sure about this, I guess Cross Poison and any other strong poison type attack that is out there

and sorry for not being around as much, I forgot because no one had posted in a while, and I wish I could get more people to join my club, which is the next place I'm stoping by since I had to also reply on the Aipom club since no one had posted there in a while and finally did.

Buizelfan61393
25th April 2008, 11:45 PM
yes, it's true, for some reason, nobody has posted too much anywhere lately...but hopefully it will speed up again.

and announcemt: Akira_Toya was banned so what do we do with banned members in this club?

Ash6K
25th April 2008, 11:52 PM
I'll take his name off and if his ban is lifted, he could come by and rejoin. So do you wanna start the Croagunk trivia?

Basically I or the co-owners ask a question pertaining to the anime, games, manga, etc. The person who answers the question first...and correctly gets a point. Now I don't know about prizes but maybe a special banner can be made for them?

So before I post the trivia question...what does everyone think?

Buizelfan61393
25th April 2008, 11:54 PM
i'm good with it, how many members are still active nowadays...?

Ash6K
26th April 2008, 12:00 AM
^ You, me, Yonowaru, Sarahpom83, Carlos74, Pokelover33, and I've seen a tiny bit of Terry T. lately. Also, since Wind specifically said that he can't be around the club all the time, I think he's okay with how much he's done here.

Buizelfan61393
26th April 2008, 12:10 AM
wow...it seems like a lot more when you nme them all, lol

Wind
26th April 2008, 1:07 AM
Hey! I'm back, I'll try to be active.

Yonowaru in Chaos
26th April 2008, 6:56 AM
Trivia, eh? So its like Croagunk trivia or pokemon trivia in general?

Ash6K
26th April 2008, 6:16 PM
^ Croagunk related although it could have any other pokemon in it as well. Like for example you could say who battled Croagunk in epsiode whatever.

Does any of the co-owners have a question that they thought of to start it off? (Btw, we could still do topic questions as well as trivia)

Buizelfan61393
26th April 2008, 6:40 PM
i have one:

Where do we first meet Brock's Croagunk?

Wind
26th April 2008, 6:56 PM
All I know is that Brock catches Croagunk in episode 8, Gymbailer maybe route 203?

Buizelfan61393
26th April 2008, 7:03 PM
well i mean, where is Croagunk?

Wind
26th April 2008, 7:14 PM
Standing behind Brock?

Ash6K
26th April 2008, 7:19 PM
^ Are we going to have a point system and some sort of prize? Just wondering since I don't know what everyone else thinks...we could do just trivia for fun I suppose. But anyway, I think I know the answer. I won't say since I'm moderating the game but I'll give a tiny hint. You were almost close to the answer, Wind, on your first answer.

Buizelfan61393
26th April 2008, 7:40 PM
Wind's first answer was close, but the second anwer was more the type of answer i was looking for.

Wind
27th April 2008, 3:21 AM
Sitting down on route 203?

Buizelfan61393
27th April 2008, 5:39 AM
well, i don'tthink you could say croagunk was on Route 203 (since they never said), i mean like what was going on when croagunk was first seen (hopefully, this should be much clearer)

Wind
27th April 2008, 2:46 PM
(I think each user should only get three guesses on each question and so, I can't ask anymore)

Yonowaru in Chaos
27th April 2008, 2:48 PM
One of the only episodes I didn't see... I only remember seeing Marowak and Scizor...

Well lets just say before Oreburgh Gate.

ShinyPalkia
27th April 2008, 3:25 PM
Hi! Can I join? I'm a big fan of Croagunk and Toxicroak.I can maybe draw pictures of them.

Yonowaru in Chaos
27th April 2008, 3:33 PM
Members are always welcome, especially artists!

Welcome to the club and make sure that you post every so often (so we won't put you on the forgotten list)! Read the rules, and such...

Ash6K
27th April 2008, 3:51 PM
Welcome ShinyPalkia! It's awesome that you're able to join :D

Anyway, right now we're answering a trivia question on where do we first see Croagunk in the anime.

Do you know the answer?

ShinyPalkia
27th April 2008, 4:12 PM
Welcome ShinyPalkia! It's awesome that you're able to join :D

Anyway, right now we're answering a trivia question on where do we first see Croagunk in the anime.

Do you know the answer?

Of course. :D Me happy.
It's Gymbaliar.Right?

Yonowaru in Chaos
27th April 2008, 4:13 PM
Yes, but we're really referring to screenshots and such...

Trust buizelfan to make up such a hard question, XD

Ash6K
27th April 2008, 4:46 PM
Can I give out a hint? Because I think I know what scene Buizelfan's talking about lol...

Wind
27th April 2008, 6:04 PM
I think the answer is Croagunk sitting behind Brock croaking.

Buizelfan61393
27th April 2008, 7:39 PM
i can't believe no one i getting this one (although you can imagine i've watched this episode quite a few times)

Yonowaru in Chaos
28th April 2008, 8:12 AM
Not doing buizelfan's job (since he can probably do this better and quicker), but I found a really XD picture of Croagunk.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/PaletteSwapper/Anime%20Pics/Croagunkftw.jpg

And another one.....

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/PaletteSwapper/Anime%20Pics/Croagunk.jpg

ShinyPalkia
28th April 2008, 3:48 PM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/292/croagunkjb5.th.jpg (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=croagunkjb5.jpg)
I hope it works,I have never before put a link.Is that good or should I change it?
About the pictures: I just quickly drew them yesterday.Please tell me what you think about them, but please, don't be too hard, before them I had drawn only one Croagunk picture.

Carlos74
28th April 2008, 7:10 PM
Sorry for not being around much lately everyone, I've gotten mario kart wii a cuople of days ago and I've been playing on it non-stop.

Trivia
I think it's a good idea and it should keep going (as well as topics of course), but could some questions be done that aren't about the anime (since i haven't seen much of it as I've said before).

Should Toxicroak/ Croagunk learn any moves that it can't already learn?
Yeah, this is an old topic but I still wanna answer it... Anyway, I think it should learn Cross Chop because Drapion and Crobat can learn it so why shouldn't Toxicroak learn it? It should also learn Gunk Shot and possibly slash or night slash.

Shiny Palkia
Welcome to the club (even though you've been here a while now) and those pictures are pretty cool. The only think to improve them is to make the arms and legs look a bit more bandy and flexible and maybe colour or shade it.

Buizelfan61393
28th April 2008, 7:42 PM
Not doing buizelfan's job (since he can probably do this better and quicker), but I found a really XD picture of Croagunk.

nice pics, but you can trust me that there are many more XD-worthy pics from the anime

I hope it works,I have never before put a link.Is that good or should I change it?
About the pictures: I just quickly drew them yesterday.Please tell me what you think about them, but please, don't be too hard, before them I had drawn only one Croagunk picture.

not bad at all, i felt the same way from drawing Croagunk, but i may suggest what Carlos74 said, about making he arms and legs look a little more flexible, and also making Croagunk a little thinner, as well. keep up the good work, we like artwork

Trivia
I think it's a good idea and it should keep going (as well as topics of course), but could some questions be done that aren't about the anime (since i haven't seen much of it as I've said before).

of course, not everyone is going to get every question, but i just specialize in the anime, since i really haven't gotten to play the game much yet. the questions can be anything Croagunk/Toxicroak-related. that is only the first question

Carlos74
28th April 2008, 8:18 PM
of course, not everyone is going to get every question, but i just specialize in the anime, since i really haven't gotten to play the game much yet. the questions can be anything Croagunk/Toxicroak-related. that is only the first question
Cool. I've got a question then, a nice simple one:
At what level does Croagunk evolve into Toxicroak?

Answer - Level 37.

Buizelfan61393
28th April 2008, 9:51 PM
well, we're not done with the first question, but first of all Ash6K, can only the owner and co-owners post questions, or can anyone?