PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Series Club

Chelc
13th April 2008, 3:25 AM
"About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him — and I didn't know how dominant that part might be — that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."

Welcome to the Twilight Series Club! Twilight is a series of novels by Stephenie Meyer, which follow the story of Isabella Swan and how drastically her life changes when she falls in love with a vampire named Edward Cullen. Yeah, Twilight has been getting a LOT of recognition lately with the movie and all, and I've seen a couple threads dedicated to it here on the forums, so I thought a Club would be appropriate and something all of us fans can all enjoy.

Here, Twihards fans can discuss the novels, ask and answer each other's questions, share thoughts and opinions on characters and pairings, predict the outcome of the next book, Breaking Dawn, and there's no way around not discussing the upcoming movie and the cast themselves. Basically, anything related to the series, we can/will discuss. Once things get set up, aka, a fair amount of people join this place, I'll choose two co-owners and a moderator, and I'll split the member list into Team Vampire, Team Werewolf, and possibly Team Switzerland to shake things up a bit.

Before joining, though, please read these rules!
1. All SPPf and Club rules apply. Read them before reading/going on if you haven't done so already.
2. Everyone is probably going to have different opinions and viewpoints on certain characters and pairings, so please, please, PLEASE do NOT bash. You WILL be infracted by me if you bash a character, pairing, or someone's opinion in any sort of way. Basically, respect one another - we don't need any vampire vs. werewolf brawls going on in here regardless of how freaking awesome it would be.
3. In order to join, you MUST have at least read Twilight. If you haven't read New Moon or Eclipse or one of those two yet, that's okay - though I really hope you do sometime in the near future.
4. PLEASE use spoiler tags if you're going to discuss ANY of the events in Eclipse. This rule is subject to change once everyone joins and explains how far they are into the series.
5. FANGIRLING/BOYING IS ALLOWED BUT WE CAN'T DO IT ALL OF THE TIME. It tends to get spammy sometimes.
6. Posting images is alright, but no more than three per post.
7. If you are going to post fanart, don't forget to credit the artist.
8. We can chat about irl/different topics in here, but if you want to do so, please also include something Twilight related so it is not SPAM.
9. DO NOT ask to be co-owner. You will be infracted if you even try.
10. Have fun here and don't be afraid to share your opinions or ideas! We're all fans here, and we can be friends, too!

* Repeatedly breaking any of these rules/asking about something that has already been clarified in the rules can either result in a ban or warning. If a ban is decided upon, I will decide how long it will last or if it is permanent.

Banners
None yet! Feel free to create and submit some, though!

1. Chelc - Owner - Team Switzerland
2. raglflagl - Team Switzerland
3. Golde - Team Werewolf
4. Icicle - Team Vampire
5. Silverwinged - Team Vampire
6. Wind - Team Vampire
7. CharizardAngel - Team Vampire
8. Normalize - ?
9. madhatter715 - Team Werewolf
10. Genkiness - Team Switzerland
11. Icerider - Team Vampire
12. Randomosity - Team Vampire
13. AmberFire284 - Team Switzerland
14. Mimori Kiryu - Team Vampires

In order to join, you MUST answer this topic!
What got you into the series, and how far are you are into the series? Who is your favorite character(s) and what is your favorite pairing? Also - Vampires, Werewolves, or Switzerland? Feel free to add any other thoughts/opinions on the series if you want to!

raglflagl
13th April 2008, 3:30 AM
heeey Chelc!

What got you into the series, and how far are you are into the series?
uhm, can I answer who? If so, it was Chelc ):
and all her "READ TWILIGHT!"

So far, I reached chapter 2 of New Moon x_x

o is your favorite character(s) and what is your favorite pairing?
Favorite Character: Alice Cullen

first impressions mean everything to me D:
So uh, the way she was introduced probably. Also seeing the future = ftw.

Favorite Pairing: Edward Cullen x Isabella Swan :D

Uhm, as far as I know, it's canon, right? Since the first book has lots of kissing between Bella and Edward (I think >>).
Lots of hints there. So uhm, yeah.. >>;

Vampire, Werewolves, or Switzerland?
Uhm, I don't know what Switzerland has to do with this so far >> so uhm, vampires.

I don't know why I chose it though, probably it was because of them being immortal, or the fact that their strongest sense/feature gets increased when they become vampires ;D, like Alice's future seeing D:

So, are there right or wrong answers? :P
Also, I still don't care if it's a girl's book, it's cool ):

Golde
13th April 2008, 3:32 AM
I'd like to join, please...
I've read all 3. It is a really good series so far. My only complaint is it's a tad bit slow. I like the Werewolf team, ftr.

...I may start a topic...

Who is your favorite character?

...Shoot, Jake, I believe? It's been forever. But he's awesome! :D It would be amazing to be a werewolf native american. Except for the whole Reading my mind ALWAYS thing

Chelc
13th April 2008, 3:46 AM
Welcome to the club, Rag and Golde! :D

What got you into the series, and how far are you are into the series? Who is your favorite character(s) and what is your favorite pairing? Also - Vampires, Werewolves, or Switzerland? Feel free to add any other thoughts/opinions on the series if you want to!
I saw it at Borders last year, and was like, "OMG THAT COVER LOOKS COOL. I want to read it!" and then I read the back, and I was like, "Vampires? Mmm...probably won't be that great, but I'll read it, anyway." So, I bought it, was proved wrong, and instantly became obsessed. I finished Eclipse about a month or so ago, so yeah. My favorite characters are Bella, Edward, Jacob, and Alice. I can't help but love Emmett as well. Bella and I share some qualities (like sleep talking...lmao and I can just relate to her the most), Edward just keeps on dazzling me, Jacob is too cute and I can't stand the hate he gets - he deserves more love, and Alice...is awesome. I love her backstory and personality. As for pairings, Edward x Bella, obviously. They're so in love with each other and it's just amazing. Alice x Jasper and Emmett x Rosalie because of their backstories and they're like...canon. I did support Jacob x Bella for a while and still like it to an extent, but I don't fully support it. Oh, I'm Team Switzerland, btw. I love The Cullens and The La Pushe Pack, and could never choose between them. Plus, Edward and Jacob...yeah. <3 :x

Icicle
13th April 2008, 4:18 AM
Um. Twilight? EFF YEAH :x

All the girls in my school where reading it, and saying how amazing it was. So I went to Borders to pick it up and fell in love with it instantly. I've read all three books and patiently impatiently waiting for Breaking Dawn, even if I'm scared for it D:

Who is your favorite character(s) and what is your favorite pairing?
I love Bella, Edward, Alice, Jacob (Um, yeah. I'll never fully admit to it though! YOU'LL HAVE TO BURN ME AT THE STAKE TO DO THAT :x). My favorite pairing is Bella x Edward :x

Also - Vampires, Werewolves, or Switzerland?
CAN I BE ON THE FENCE?! Um. I guess Vampire XD

raglflagl
13th April 2008, 4:23 PM
uhm, dead club? DD:

Topic:
Favorite quote from the series? Why?
"Do I dazzle you?" has to be my all time favorite quote - so far.

For the reason, it's probably it leads to Edward/Bella >:D.

Your turn (:

Silverwinged
13th April 2008, 7:41 PM
Wow a Twilight Club. x)

The question is WHO got me to read it and not what. Yes, Chelc told me about it and i wanted to buy it. XD I finished reading the first book and planning to buy the second one very soon.

Edward so far and the pairing i love is Edward x Bella. x)

Also - Vampires, Werewolves, or Switzerland? Feel free to add any other thoughts/opinions on the series if you want to!
Umm... Vampires. oO I don't know what's about Switzerland but i guess i will find out in one of the next books. ^^

Golde
14th April 2008, 2:04 AM

"You are exactly my brand of heroin."

It is amazing.

Wind
14th April 2008, 2:42 AM
Can I join?

What got you into the series
We were reading in school last month

how far are you are into the series?
I read the first one and I'm trying to borrow the second one.

Who is your favorite character(s)
I don't know why but, I like Charlie and Alice

what is your favorite pairing?
Alice and Jasper

Vampires

Chelc
15th April 2008, 3:26 AM
;_; THANK YOU ALL FOR JOINING. You're all added to the members list! Hopefully we get some more members soon...

"It's so hard to describe. It's not like love at first sight, really. It's more like . . . gravity moves. When you see her, suddenly it's not the earth holding you here anymore. She does. And nothing matters more than her. And you would do anything for her, be anything for her. . . ." Jacob Black <3

Why? He's f-ing adorale, that's why. *SHOT*

Wind
15th April 2008, 4:04 AM
Favorite quote from the series? Why? (I might be quoting this wrong)
Hell's not so bad if you have an angel with you

- Emmet Cullen

I don't know why I just find this qoute cool,funny and true

CharizardAngel
22nd April 2008, 1:15 AM
Ooh, can I join, please!?
I got into the series because my friend told me it was good and it looked interesting. I read them all.
Alice, Edward/Bella
vampires

Normalize
24th April 2008, 12:10 AM
Can I pleas join? I read all three books and know the names of the next two. Breaking Dawn and Midnight Sun.

themadhatter715
24th April 2008, 12:24 AM
Oh my! :3 What a lovely club!

My sister told me it was good and I should read it. ^^ I read the entire series.

Oh my, I like just about all of them! I love Edward and Bella. They're such a good pairing. Although, I'm still sad to see Jacob without his true love. Poor Jake! D:

Also - Vampires, Werewolves, or Switzerland? Feel free to add any other thoughts/opinions on the series if you want to!

Werewolves. I love vampires, but I don't think I could stand feeding on blood. D:

Chelc
24th April 2008, 12:42 AM
Ah, sorry about the random leaving. XD; I was on hiatus for a little bit, but I'm back now! Welcome to all of you!! I thought this place was going to die for sure, but I guess SPPf has more Twilighters (OFFICIAL FANBASE NAME NOW ACCORDING TO MTV) than I thought it did. All of you will be added to the list shortly. :3

EDIT: Normalize, what Team would you like to be on?

Although, I'm still sad to see Jacob without his true love. Poor Jake! D:

I KNOW. I feel so bad. Jacob is such a sweetheart. ;;

Alright, since I'm pretty obsessed with keeping up to date with ALL of the Twilight movie news atm, I was wondering what you guys thought of the cast, and your thoughts on Twilight becoming a movie. If you aren't up to date, I suggest checking through EdwardAndBella.Net (http://edwardandbella.net/). They have all of the interviews with the cast uploaded to YouTube and even on-set videos thanks to the Twilight Moms, as well as most/if not all of the information on the movie that has been released so far. I'll post my thoughts after I get to updating the first page. =)

EmbersBackUpSinger
24th April 2008, 12:47 AM
OMG!

What got me in Twlight: My BFF Taylor
Favorite Charecter: Bella And Edward. Edward=Uber coo Dracula. Bella i imagined to pretty.
Vampires. So Mystic yet so cool.

I am only a little into the first book. didnt get to finish taylor wanted it back

Normalize
24th April 2008, 11:08 AM
Vampires Please! If we ever get member ranks is so call the Alice Rank. She is my favourite charcarter.

Who is your favourite werewolf and vampire
Alice and Leah.

themadhatter715
25th April 2008, 12:58 AM
I KNOW. I feel so bad. Jacob is such a sweetheart. ;;
Bella shouldn't have had to decide! I wanted her to have both of them!! D:

Alright, since I'm pretty obsessed with keeping up to date with ALL of the Twilight movie news atm, I was wondering what you guys thought of the cast, and your thoughts on Twilight becoming a movie. If you aren't up to date, I suggest checking through EdwardAndBella.Net (http://edwardandbella.net/). They have all of the interviews with the cast uploaded to YouTube and even on-set videos thanks to the Twilight Moms, as well as most/if not all of the information on the movie that has been released so far. I'll post my thoughts after I get to updating the first page. =)

I'm DREADING the movie. I don't want it to ruin the lovely pictures I have of all the characters and the entire setting in my head. Oi. And I don't think any actor could portray ANY of the Cullens, nor do I think an actress could portray Bella. My plan is to turn off the TV if I see any commercials for it. Ugh.

Some movies that were made from books are good, but I don't think anything could be better than the books in the Twilight series. No movie could ever match it in quality. I mean, some movies like To Kill a Mockingbird and The Lord of the Rings were decent, but I don't think the "inhuman" beauty describing the vampires can be modeled by a human (hence the inhuman part). I really wish they weren't making it into a movie.

Also, I read online, "Twilight - Will it be the next Harry Potter?" or something along those lines. Holy crap, I almost barfed. And then I almost kicked my computer. I'm sorry, but I hate the Harry Potter series. J.K. Rowling is such a bad writer and any 4-year-old could have made up that plot. I couldn't believe when they compared the two.

Normalize
25th April 2008, 1:03 AM
Has anyone here every wondered what would happen if a Vampire bite a Werewolf? Would it be like some uber-superhuman? Or would the two mortal genes kill each other?

themadhatter715
25th April 2008, 1:31 AM
Hmm. I don't think it would do anything. It just seems like werewolves would be immune to the poison.

Genkiness
25th April 2008, 5:38 AM
awesome! a twilight club!

What got you into the series:
My friend. She practically begged me to read the book XD

How far are you in the series?
Well I read Twilight. Awesome book. I read it in 4 hours straight >_>
I had New Moon... but then I got discouraged when I saw the title of chapter 4 or so and got a bad sense of foreboding.... I guessed right

I couldn't believe that they took out Edward out of half of the book! T_T

And because of that event... I just couldn't read New Moon...
I'll probably give it a try again when I have time though XD

Edward Cullen. Love him. lol
Edward x Bella. they're just meant to be together.

Vampires, Werewolves, or Switzerland?
Um... I'll go with Switzerland
I prefer vampires over werewolves, but i'm deathly scared of blood
So let's go with snow and Switzerland XD

Why do I like this book?
Actually, I don't really know. Maybe it's the fantasy and romance. The suspense at the end was killing me. And I suppose just wondering how the relationship between Edward and Bella develop considering that one's a vampire, and one's a human. It's just full of suspense and twists that keep you waiting and wanting for more

Yep. That's about it for now.

themadhatter715
25th April 2008, 4:48 PM
And I suppose just wondering how the relationship between Edward and Bella develop considering that one's a vampire, and one's a human. It's just full of suspense and twists that keep you waiting and wanting for more.

I agree. I love the fact that Edward could easily kill Bella in a heartbeat. And the fact that he doesn't. I also love that Bella knows that and that she still trusts him. It's like the ultimate trust, and therefore the ultimate love. And it goes beyond human comprehension. Even Bella's love is beyond. Not only that, I love relationships between different species xD (Vampires ARE a different species, aren't they?)

raglflagl
29th April 2008, 3:50 AM
I died big time D:!

Who's your favorite werewolf and your favorite vampire?
Well, the vampire who I like the most is Alice Cullen. She's probably my favorite because of her powers to foresee the future, other than that.. i don't know? I'm starting to like Rosalie a little bit too.

For my favorite Werewolf.. well, I can't really say but I'm pretty attached to Jacob. I don't know why though, probably his friendly(not loving *shot*) bond with Bella. I'm not sure though.

Also, if possible, could I change from Team Vampire to Team Switzerland? D:
If not, then it's alright :D.

themadhatter715
4th May 2008, 2:55 PM
Who's your favorite werewolf and your favorite vampire?

Well, I'm pretty fond of Jacob. He's a sweetheart.

Favorite vampire...hmm. It's hard to pick between Edward, Alice, and Carlisle! D: So, I pick all of them! :'D

Icerider
4th May 2008, 11:30 PM

My friend got me into it and then i was hooked. Ive read the whole series and waiting for Breaking Dawn...

Favorite characters are jasper and rosalie.
Favorite pairing is rosalie/emmet

Vampires

Randomosity
5th May 2008, 3:52 AM
Well, my friend started reading it three years ago, so that's when I heard about it. But I started it last year, because I saw Twilight and New Moon at a book fair.
I've finished all three books =D

My favorite character would have to be...Emmett. Teddy Bear, gotta love it. Plus, he'd do just about anything to make Rosalie happy even though she's snobby =P He's just so funny. "Wow, I'm really glad Edward didn't kill you!"

I want to say Switzerland, as it was one my my favorite lines in Eclipse, but I'm a Vampire at heart. Vampires most definetly =D

Stupid questions I've thought of -So...do Vampires go to the bathroom? I mean, if they ingest blood there's some stuff in there they may not need, got to get it out somewhere.
It's also never mentioned that any of them shower. But they must, right? I mean, after hunting they need to clean up.

Golde
5th May 2008, 3:58 AM
Randomosity, your name fits.

I always expected them to use the bathroom only when they eat food, which would be one of the reasons they didn't like to do that. I know I wouldn't. Blood, I'm at a loss.

Icicle
5th May 2008, 2:42 PM
Stupid questions I've thought of -So...do Vampires go to the bathroom? I mean, if they ingest blood there's some stuff in there they may not need, got to get it out somewhere.
It's also never mentioned that any of them shower. But they must, right? I mean, after hunting they need to clean up.

I'll answer the the topic questions later xD

But Vampires don't go to the bathroom. They use the blood up, much like we use up fat/proteins/carbs/ect. It's used for energy and burns up.

And they do shower, because they gotta get all the dirt and stuff off their bodies, right?

All my information is off this site.. I don't have the link but it's all information out of the lovely author's mouth :x

Also, they only eat "human" food to blend in, and when they do that.. they have to basically throw it up. Since they can't digest it.

rune the 1st
6th May 2008, 12:46 AM
I've only read the first book and I sorta got the expression that Bella couldn't do anything without the help of a supernatural being.
Does she get better in the other books?

AmberFire284
6th May 2008, 5:22 AM
Ooh! A club for Twilight!

I finished all three, and am waiting for the fourth.

Alice is my favorite since she is awesome! My favorite pairing is EdwardxBella, even though I personally think Edward's too... nice.

Switzerland means neutral right? I pick that!

Favorite quote(s?):
Well, it used to be my sig until I took it out. “You should know I’m breaking the rules right now. Well, not technically, since he said I was never to walk through his door again, and I came in through the window… But still, the intent was clear.” -Edward

“Your bad luck seems to get more potent everyday. Do you realize that your insatiable pull for all things deadly was strong enough to recover a mutant pack of cabnines from extinction? If we could bottle your luck, we’d have a weapon of mass destruction in our hands.” -Edward. Since it's just so true.

“I told him you were going to corrupt my youthful innocence.” -Jacob

Oh, I don't know if conversations count, but I'm sticking it here anyway, if no one minds.
“Bella?”
“Yes?”
“Are you alright?”
“Yes.”
“Distract me.”
"I’m sorry… What?”
“Just prattle about something insignificant until I calm down.”
“I’m going to run Tyler over tomorrow morning before school?”

Icicle
6th May 2008, 1:02 PM
I've only read the first book and I sorta got the expression that Bella couldn't do anything without the help of a supernatural being.

It's not so much that she can't do anything without help, it's more like the forces that act against her (including her bad luck) are just too great for a mere mortal to handle on her own. But sadly, that aspect of Bella is the same through the other books.

But as far as her taking it more upon herself to work things out, I guess you can say that does get better.

Favorite Quote
"Fall down again?"
"No Emmett, I punched a wearwolf in the face!"

It's probably not perfect xD! I have more.. will edit at school :x

Randomosity
7th May 2008, 1:11 AM
She's just got bad luck =/
Edward mentioned that if they could bottle it, they'd have a weapon of mass destruction on their hands.
She's perfectly capable of doing things herself. She came up with that plan to tell Charlie she's leaving so she can avoid James in Twilight, didn't she?
Plus she does something very brave in New Moon, and she doesn't seem so frail then either.

EDIT - MOVIE POSTER!! (http://moviesblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/050608_twilightposter.jpg)
My gosh, his eyes <3

Mimori Kiryu
19th May 2008, 6:55 AM
ooh, a Twilight fanclub. *jumps on bandwagon* I'll join! ^_______^

What got you into the series?

The first time I saw Twilight was maybe a year and a half ago at a local Books-A-Million and I read the back of the cover. It was mildly interesting and sadly, I didn't have the money. So, I decided against buying it. A couple of weeks later, my best friend Alissa came up to me, fangirling over this series she said she didn't have anyone to talk to about. I thought she was talking about an anime or something but then she pulled Twilight out of her purse (along with New Moon, which had come out by this time) and I dove in. It all leads me to this now - an obsessed fangirl. <3

How far are you are into the series?

I can proudly say I have read each book three times and I plan on reading them each again before Breaking Dawn comes out in August.

Who is your favorite character(s)?

Edward (duh XD), Alice and Jasper. <3

What is your favorite pairing?

Alice x Jasper. God do I wish there was more on them. ;____; And of course, I support Edward and Bella. Would I even be reading the series if I didn't?

Vampires. srsly. <3

I have several.....

"What if I'm not the superhero? What if I'm the bad guy? - Edward Cullen

oh, geezum, Edward. We don't care one way or another. <3

"Look after my heart. I've left it with you." - Edward Cullen

*faint*

"Stupid, shiny Volvo owner." - Bella Swan

hahahahahahahaha. *cough*

"You are exactly my brand of heroin." - Edward Cullen

*faint x2*

"So eager for eternal damnation." - Edward Cullen

but of course we are! *flings*

...and many more. XD

Who is your favourite werewolf and vampire?

Alice is my favorite vampire and I don't have a favorite werewolf. D:

yayayayayayay. I'm on a Twilight high now. And, omg, please tell me you all have seen the Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBvOhfL4mYw) for the movie! *doesn't want to wait until December*

Golde
20th May 2008, 1:29 AM
And of course, I support Edward and Bella. Would I even be reading the series if I didn't?

FTR, I support Bella X Jacob. I still read the books :p

Welcome, Mimori Kiryu!

I love that poster! Cool txt, as well.

Mimori Kiryu
20th May 2008, 6:40 AM
FTR, I support Bella X Jacob. I still read the books :p

Welcome, Mimori Kiryu!Yesh, but there must be some reason you continue reading even though you know that pairing isn't probably going to happen. D:

Thanks for the welcome. ;D

I know this club is about Twilight, but has anyone read Stephenie Meyer's new book, The Host? I'm interested in it, but I want to make sure it's worth the twenty-five dollar hardback. ^^;

Golde
21st May 2008, 3:43 AM
Yesh, but there must be some reason you continue reading even though you know that pairing isn't probably going to happen. D:

Because, UH! How do you not see my POV?

It's an awesome romance involving Werewolves and Vampires! AHH!! With action at times, too.

I love the supernatural. I cannot read anything not. Maximum Ride, this, Uglies, all books I adore, none of which could actually happen.

Plus I'm curious to see how the whole, marriage -> unspeakables -> her becoming a vampire works out. :\

And no, never heard of the book. Sorry.

Golde out :p

AmberFire284
21st May 2008, 9:34 AM
I know this club is about Twilight, but has anyone read Stephenie Meyer's new book, The Host? I'm interested in it, but I want to make sure it's worth the twenty-five dollar hardback. ^^;

Me! I read it! Wahaha... Well, it's the typical guy's so... perfect... It's pretty much a love triangle/square... It's not bad (it's her sappy romance style), but it came to my country paperback.

Oh, I have a question!
What do you think Bella will bring with her if she turns vampire? (Please note the if)

I hope it's not her clumsiness...

Chelc
22nd May 2008, 12:42 AM
...holy crap. C: This place is alive. lmao, omg. I'm a terrible owner. I'm sorry, guys. I never saw this Club on the first pages, and just assumed it died. I'm glad to see there are some Twilight fans here and this place is staying alive! I'll definitely be here more often now!

All of the people who recently joined will be added to the list, btw!

Has anyone here every wondered what would happen if a Vampire bite a Werewolf? Would it be like some uber-superhuman? Or would the two mortal genes kill each other?

Well, that's something to think about. I don't know what would happen, actually. I agree with the werewolves being immune to the poison, though. It doesn't seem like anything would happen. If anything, though, I think the two mortal genes would kill each other. I can't imagine a WolfVamp existing. :p

I'm DREADING the movie. I don't want it to ruin the lovely pictures I have of all the characters and the entire setting in my head. Oi. And I don't think any actor could portray ANY of the Cullens, nor do I think an actress could portray Bella. My plan is to turn off the TV if I see any commercials for it. Ugh.

Some movies that were made from books are good, but I don't think anything could be better than the books in the Twilight series. No movie could ever match it in quality. I mean, some movies like To Kill a Mockingbird and The Lord of the Rings were decent, but I don't think the "inhuman" beauty describing the vampires can be modeled by a human (hence the inhuman part). I really wish they weren't making it into a movie.

Also, I read online, "Twilight - Will it be the next Harry Potter?" or something along those lines. Holy crap, I almost barfed. And then I almost kicked my computer. I'm sorry, but I hate the Harry Potter series. J.K. Rowling is such a bad writer and any 4-year-old could have made up that plot. I couldn't believe when they compared the two.

Aww...XD Well, I can't say that I know how you feel. I guess I can't help but be excited for it, though. Stephenie is really involved with the movie - hell, she even got to call up Muse and My Chemical Romance because she wanted them on the soundtrack. She seems to love Robert and Kristen, as well as everyone else on the cast, too, saying its like her characters have finally come to life. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if the author is this involved with the movie, and is liking everything thats going on so far, it can't be all that bad? I mean, I don't think anyone pictures Edward and Bella or anyone the same way, and the book(s) will always be better than the movies, but they're working hard and making sure they don't disappoint the fans - though I guess we'll find out in December. :P

As for Harry Potter vs. Twilight, I don't see why people are comparing the two. Sure, Stephenie and J.K. Rowling are both bestselling authors, but that's it. Vampires and wizards...totally different. Plus, Twilight is more of a love story, while Harry Potter just...isn't. It's starting to get on my nerves, too. They aren't the same at all. :rolleyes:

Like everyone else has said, it's just her bad luck - and the situations she gets herself in...well, yeah. And half of her friends are monsters, so...XD Sure, she gets down and feels helpless at times, but I think everyone feels like that sometimes. You really have to read New Moon and Eclipse, imo. :x

EDIT - MOVIE POSTER!! (http://moviesblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/050608_twilightposter.jpg)
My gosh, his eyes <3

God, I like died when the movie poster came out. I probably stared at it for like an hour or something, and I watch the trailer everyday, rofl. D: RPattz looks amazing. <3

Alice x Jasper. God do I wish there was more on them. ;____; And of course, I support Edward and Bella. Would I even be reading the series if I didn't?

I KNEW YOU WOULD BE HERE SOONER OR LATER. ;D Yes, moar Alice x Jasper plz. I'm hoping for some in Breaking Dawn. ;_; As well as some Emmett x Rose. Ahhhalsjdakljsd Twilight pairings.

Also, guys, let's not have any Edward/Bella vs. Jacob/Bella in here, k? Remember, BELLA IS SWITZERLAND. Thank you. :P

Oh, as for The Host...my mom and I went out and bought it last weekend. 30% off at Borders oh yeah. Anyways, yeah. She finished it, and I'm about to start it. She said it's very detailed, and in order to understand it, you really have to concentrate XD; - but hey, it's by Stephenie, and if Twilight is amazing, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy The Host, too... and I don't even like Sci-fi, lawl.

ALSO! If you haven't already, RESERVE YOUR COPIES OF BREAKING DAWN. When I bought The Host, Borders asked us if we wanted to reserve our copy, so yeah. Your local bookstore might even be holding a midnight release party! Yeah, the Borders here is holding a Breaking Dawn Midnight Release Party, with games and stuff (lmao, who knows how it will work, but it sounds fun!), where Twilight fans can get together and just fangirl/boy/whatever together. :X Just wanted to let that be known. XD;

What do you think Bella will bring with her if she turns vampire? (Please note the if)
Hmm...that's a hard question to answer. Well, Edward is unable to read her thoughts, so maybe something to do with her mind. I'll try to elaborate on this later.

raglflagl
22nd May 2008, 2:51 AM
lol, this club lives.

Bella will probably bring the ability to withstand any mental distortion powers or mind-based powers like Edward's. If I'm right, anyone feel free to shoot me :P.

If it doesn't have to be that, I'd say, her bad luck. She could probably pass it on to normal people at her own will.. or not?

Walcott
22nd May 2008, 3:21 AM
Hey.... um, yea. I haven't read Twilight, but I am a few pages from finishing New Moon. Yes, I began with Book #2, but I wasn't sure if I could join or not. It says I must have read Twilight, but if I've read the 2nd, could I still join. Sorry if I can't, and please don't infract me...

I got into the series because I saw so many people reading the books and heard about the movie coming later this year.(In the U.S. anyway) I haven't read Twilight, but I've read New Moon. I am going to read Twlight and Eclipse though.

My favorite character is Edward! I love vampires and think he's just an awesome character to care so much about Bella, and that he'd do anything to protect her.

My favorite character pairing is Bella Swan x Edward Cullen. I think this answer is prolly said by everyone, but oh well. They are just amazing and so cute together. I know I'm a guy and this is a Romance Fic, but who cares!

Vampires all the way!!

Feel free to add any other thoughts/opinions on the series if you want to!

I wont say anything since I'm unsure if I'm accepted or not. I understand if I'm not, but please consider that I've read at least one of the books and know what they are about.

Mimori Kiryu
22nd May 2008, 5:49 AM
Of course I was going to be here, Chelc. You expect me not to be? XD;

And I know Bella's Switzerland, but it's obvious she's chosen Edward. <333 lolololololol

I'm also praying that there's more Alice x Jasper, Rosalie x Emmett in the following book. Might as well add in Carlisle x Esme into the mix - they're young enough for some action. ;D

And ya know what's awesome? My mom and dad bought me all three books for my birthday on Tuesday and they reserved Breaking Dawn for me too! I was so excited. XD

If she does, which I freaking hope so, I hope she brings her attitude, emotions toward Jacob (what, she's not Bella if she doesn't care for him, really.) and her memories of her human life. So...yeah. XD

Randomosity
22nd May 2008, 12:08 PM
I'd like to object to the fact that, despite reminding Chelc this club exists, I have yet to have my name added to the Member's List. I feel very unloved

-Movie Page (http://twilightthemovie.com/)
The teaser trailier is on there already, I can't believe it is out so soon.
-They're also making Bella's engagment ring, so people can buy it. They're only in prototype stage, but they already have her bracelet (http://twilightteez.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_47&products_id=48) from the third book avaliable.
-And lastly, the tagline for the next book it that it will "Take your breath away." As in not breathing. Like Vampires (Well, they breathe but they technically don't HAVE to, according to Edward.). Like Bella should be.
(Randomosity = Current events Share-er xDD)

Something with her mind. Not quite an Alice future type thing. She might be able to mess with people's thoughts, make them think something (Sort of like Edward - reading people's mind - and Jasper - Manipulating people, just not emotions, their thoughts) that they weren't originally thinking.

Does anyone think Bella will still be immune to all those powers that have to do with the mind? Like, will Edward be able to read Bella's mind if she turns into a Vampire?

AmberFire284
23rd May 2008, 7:56 AM
Does anyone think Bella will still be immune to all those powers that have to do with the mind? Like, will Edward be able to read Bella's mind if she turns into a Vampire?

Some people think it has something to do with the ability she'll have... and I do think so, personally.

Randomosity
23rd May 2008, 7:59 AM
That would be sad, methinks. Edward not being able to read Bella's mind is what set her apart from everyone else to Edward. He can even read the werewolf's minds. The fact that Bella might turn out to be the same as everyone else is kind of disappointing. If that does happen, she should have some amazing ability to make up for it ;)

Mimori Kiryu
23rd May 2008, 11:03 PM
I personally think that Bella's thoughts will still be unable to be heard by Edward and that's what makes her different from everyone else. I mean, I thought the original reason that Edward couldn't read her thoughts was because she was his Chosen One, you know? Even if she turns into a vampire, she'll still be the only one for him, so I don't see why all of the sudden he'd be able to read her thoughts.

Normalize
23rd May 2008, 11:17 PM

Her awkwardness, i have become accustom to it.

Favourite Vampire Ability

Alice's, her makes them alot of money.

GiratinaShaymin<3
14th June 2008, 6:33 PM
I love this Series! Can i join?

I have read New Moon Twilight and i am on Eclipse. Breaking Dawn sounds awesome and same with midnight sun.

I am on team vampire fo sho.

kingortiz
24th June 2008, 11:01 PM
I would love to join

My sister has all 3 books and she let me read them and they were awesome. I'm almost done reading eclipse.

My favorite characters are Victoria, Emmett, and Alice. I love Victoria for being so evil and Emmett and Alice are cool.

Favorite Pairing- Victoria & Riley

Vampires, no doubt

Feel free to add any other thoughts/opinions on the series if you want to!

It's Great!

Tom1357
24th June 2008, 11:29 PM
May I join? I read all three books, and can't wait till Breaking Dawn comes out.

Normalize
27th June 2008, 2:08 AM
Where is Chelc? A club made for a book this good shouldn't die!

If I could I would let you two become members but I don't knwo if I can so sorry.

So, where ever you are Chelc, this club needs you so please help!

AmberFire284
27th June 2008, 10:22 AM
Um, actually, the last time I saw her was in the CS forums, a few days ago. I think she's busy... ^^;;

Well, Chelc? Where... are you? Just so you know... This is not dead... so, um, Hi?

Well, um, I think Tom1357 needs to answer the question, right?

The questions:

In order to join, you MUST answer this topic!

Oh, um, do we need a topic? I think we do?

Which is your favorite part in any of the books, why?

Well, I think my favorite part is when Edward and Bella banter, it's just so fun, you know? Ahem:
“Bella?”
“Yes?”
“Are you alright?”
“Yes.”
“Distract me.”
"I’m sorry… What?”
“Just prattle about something insignificant until I calm down.”
“I’m going to run Tyler over tomorrow morning before school?”

And anytime Alice plans a kidnapping. Some things are a classic.

CharizardAngel
28th June 2008, 2:07 AM
Which is your favorite part in any of the books, why?

My favorite part was when Alice "kidnapped" Bella in Eclipse, it was so funny.

off topic- If anyone preordered Breaking Dawn from Barnes and Noble to be shipped to them, what is your ship date, because mine says July 2. I'm hoping there is a mistake and I get it early. I'm just wondering if it says a date before it comes out on everyone else's order, but you'll still get it on the right day.

Voodoo-muffin
28th June 2008, 2:22 AM
really great series i instantly fell in love with it when it first came out =D

tbh im a bit worried about how the movie will turn out i mean i was upset with the casting (well only edward) but he soon grew on to me a bit
but im sure itll be good x3

cant wait till Breaking Dawn and Midnight Sun =D