PDA

View Full Version : How to get hidden power flying on a magikarp?

congo kong
16th April 2008, 9:55 PM
I've read all the info. about DVs and all that in affecting what hidden power a pokemon has and its strength. I've even seen the calculator for it. I'm still confused though. I want to have a Gyarados with hidden power flying, and also a good nature (Adamant, impish, careful, jolly). So when I breed a bunch of magikarps with hidden power and they come out at level 5, how can I look at their stats and know what their hidden power is and what strength it is without fighting wild pokemon? Can I just tell from what its attack, defense, special attack, and special defense are at level 5 on just what its hidden power is?

Ellie
16th April 2008, 10:46 PM
This belongs in a game help forum, not the Newbie Lounge.

Usually people tell by Rare Candying to a higher level without saving and look at the stats. If you're breeding in DP (though I doubt you are if you're looking for Hidden Power on a Gyarados), you can do an "IV Battle" where you set the battle to level 100 with someone so you can check the stats.

Angeling
17th April 2008, 12:23 AM
This belongs in a game help forum, not the Newbie Lounge.

Usually people tell by Rare Candying to a higher level without saving and look at the stats. If you're breeding in DP (though I doubt you are if you're looking for Hidden Power on a Gyarados), you can do an "IV Battle" where you set the battle to level 100 with someone so you can check the stats.
Yes, wrong section.