PDA

View Full Version : I don't get the rules.

mimefan
20th April 2008, 12:06 PM
I was telling someone not to do something otherwise they'll get banned and I got an infraction. I was wondering what was the infraction all about.

Mr. Yoshi
20th April 2008, 12:07 PM
Minimodding.

Yonowaru in Chaos
20th April 2008, 12:08 PM
I think this classifies under mini-modding, or if they SPAMmed, you replied to the spam. (they usually give the reason, by the way).

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll expire sooner of later...

Conquistador
20th April 2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah, watch that minimodding... I remember when I was an ickle newbie and got a warning for it too.

Most of the time it depends on the mods; mods' opinions of what constitutes as mini-modding can differ greatly. It's always best to just be safe rather than sorry.

EDIT: Eh, as nobody has explicitly stated what mini-modding is, here's what it says in the rules;

3. Do not attempt to mod yourself.

This is called mini-modding. Basically, do not correct people if they're doing something wrong. On the top right of posts, there's a a report button () that you can use to report a person's post. And please do not post in threads saying something like "Good this has been answered and should be closed." That is mini-modding spam.

Virtual Headache
20th April 2008, 12:28 PM
It was from me.
You got an infraction for replying to spam. The person who made the thread you were posting in was obviously a troll so giving them the attention they wanted (by replying to their thread), didn't help the situation. In future, report them, it's the staff job to handle rule breakers.

mimefan
21st April 2008, 8:34 PM
Oh thanks.

facetious
21st April 2008, 8:41 PM
I don't get half of the rules either, but I have a forcefield so that's okay.