PDA

View Full Version : Best Evolution Method

Pages : 1 [2]

PocketmonMaster
29th September 2008, 7:52 AM
I like the classic, let's make a Pokemon so powerful, and bulging with muscles, that it will actually shapeshift and gain even more strength. Levels are the purest (and common) way to evolve Pokemon. If they weren't so good, then why would they be so prevailent?

cascade88
29th September 2008, 7:56 AM
I dunno, I've always just preferred levelling up my Pokemon. Obviously for some you need stones, but for me, levelling up is really the best way to go.

Princess Of Water
29th September 2008, 8:02 AM
Area Lv Up It's So Esey:)

ninjascyther
29th September 2008, 5:48 PM
In terms of dex-filling, my most preferred method would be by evolution stone (if the stone can be bought at shops. ie Kanto). But in the end, the thing that makes pokemon games rewarding/enjoyable is the sense of achievement that follows effort. And there is nothing like the feeling when that dragonite/tyrannitar finally reaches lv 55. Thus, I would have to say level up is the best method of evolution. ;123;

(s.i.e)
29th September 2008, 6:15 PM
i prefer to use the stones for these things, most of the stones are easy to find underground and it's fun to excevate them plus it is very easy to use.

The_Landlord
30th September 2008, 4:56 AM
How about Level up with an item attached at night? It gives us two of the greatest Pokemon in history, Gliscor and Weavile

Silent Conversation
30th September 2008, 3:16 PM
I say level up because all the other ways, you could say an extremely weak, fully evolved pokemon. By levelling up, the game forces the evolved pokemon to be a decent level.

Pokelight_Admin
30th September 2008, 3:57 PM
Level up.

It involves less frustration and less hassle. I would rather have a Pokemon evolve through training. It feels like a greater accomplishment.

eonmaster_457
30th September 2008, 4:14 PM
Leveling up definitely. I think I just want to stick to the classic.

manectricrox
30th September 2008, 4:17 PM
i think the evo stone way is easier becaus you can evolve it w/e the lvl and you just have to buy the stone or find it and they're usually not that hard to find.

manectricrox
30th September 2008, 4:20 PM
How about Level up with an item attached at night? It gives us two of the greatest Pokemon in history, Gliscor and Weavile

and i totally agree with you landlord Gliscor and Weavile are my fave pokemon!!!!!! w00t

Slowking[George]
30th September 2008, 6:07 PM
Evolution stones of course, they are quick! But I also like levelling up.

LordLati
1st October 2008, 5:56 AM
Evo stones, mostly because I became addicted to them in red and blue... Level up is nice as well (although a tad time consuming in some cases).

My least favorite would have to be feebas' method. !) bc I stink at making poffins, 2) bc it's really annoying to do, and 3) bc I hate contests. Trading with an item is also kinda annoying especially in porygon-z's case.

Shiny qwilfish of doom
1st October 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolution stones,just need a stone and poof,evolution.

palingensia
1st October 2008, 11:02 AM
I think levelling up is the most realistic, and it doesn't require you to do anything special.

Dr.d
11th October 2008, 3:36 PM
i prefer to use the evolutionstones, i don't have to do anything difficult with it.

the_eevee_breeder
12th October 2008, 4:53 AM
I like evolulution stones. :-)

Master Marc Spirt
12th October 2008, 4:58 AM
I have to agree with Level up because its quicker than the other ways to evole pokemon.And some times you have to get the lots of the evoltion stones and you have to travel far just to evolve that evee of yours and you have to log on wifi just to trade and evolve your pokemon so its easier leveling up.

Mr. Mudkip
12th October 2008, 7:40 AM
I like leveling up. You can do it anywhere, anytime.

big bad deoxys
12th October 2008, 10:28 AM
leveling them up defenitly my favourite.

johny2hai
13th October 2008, 5:36 PM
the one 1 i like is leveling up in a certain area but the tyrogue is very interresting

gyarados151
13th October 2008, 7:00 PM
I like to evolve the;349;way because I find it the most difficult, and it makes me feel as if I've achieved something, I also like to evolve Dragonair (Leveling up) because it evolves at the Highest level so far, LV55.

Kamineko
13th October 2008, 9:34 PM
I like the 'evolve-your-Pokemon-in-a-certain-area' method.
It's pretty interesting. ^^

The Dean of Suds
14th October 2008, 2:58 AM
Having a specific pokemon in party, it simplified things so much for my mantyke.

Ceecee-typhlosion
15th October 2008, 8:54 AM
evolution stone, or areas
they are the quickest, and it doesn't take so long to do it, unless you are right at the beginning of the game or something like that

Shadow Tepi 8
15th October 2008, 12:00 PM
I prefer:
Leveling up
Evolution stone
Areas

Adeku
16th October 2008, 4:48 AM
My two favorite ways of evolution are by leveling up to a certain level and the evolution stones.

XXXD
16th October 2008, 2:27 PM
i dunno about my fav method, but my least favourite would be trading. i mean, you have to sit through that stupid "whoosh, pokeball in the sky" cutscene, and besides, what if you're playing on an emulator?! i reckon the trading was just implemented as another selling point of the games. it may havee been cool the first time, but after several hundred trades, i'm starting to see it differently.

kirby8933083
17th October 2008, 5:36 AM
I'm a fan of the evolution stone methods. But, let's face it, leveling up is really the way to go. I'm personally sock of all these different ways of evoing. I mean really, trade after eating a spicy poffin, while you also have a magikarp name Nanda in your party and the pokemon must be holding a light ball to evolve. Can't it just stay simple?

Moo66
18th October 2008, 3:14 AM
I like specific pokemon in party because it seems unique and different to me.

Nidogod
18th October 2008, 5:47 AM
Going for an underdog and saying learning certain moves. This only applies to one move though, that being ancient power. I thought it was damn clever to make an icy furball a full blown mammoth, a dragonfly a prehistoric beastly insect, and a pile of vines an overgrown forest by learning a move that points at how things may have been in the distant past. I don't like the other move evolutions at all, but that one appeals to me so much that I'm going with it.

Dragon Dance
18th October 2008, 6:27 AM
i like evolution stones, fun to use for some reason (and easy). i guess i like to find the stones also.

SilverLanayru
18th October 2008, 7:37 AM
For me, I enjoy the most out of leveling up pokemon in a normal way. My favorite second way would be evolution with items (that don't involve trading/tradebacks) :]

CaptainCombusken
18th October 2008, 5:08 PM
yep, forgot happiness (but that counts as level up, no?)

Maruno
18th October 2008, 7:35 PM
yep, forgot happiness (but that counts as level up, no?)
The poll misses out a lot of methods, and includes "the Tyrogue way" which is technically incorrect (Tyrogue evolves by Level Up regardless of the outcome). Here's my best attempt at listing all the methods and their nuances:
Level up (at a given level or higher)
Level up in a specific area
Level up with a held item
Level up with max beauty - (Feebas)
Level up when happy
Level up when happy at a certain time of day
Level up when a certain gender (at a given level or higher) - (Combee)
Level up knowing a certain move
Level up with specific pokémon in party - (Mantyke)
Evolution stone
Evolution stone when a certain gender - (Kirlia, Snorunt)
Trading
Trading with held item

These are factors that affect what a pokémon evolves into, but are not evolution methods themselves. The first two depend on Level Up, while the third depends on another evolution (which is also Level Up):
Personality - (Wurmple)
ATK/DEF comparison - (Tyrogue)
Having a space in party and a spare Pokéball - (Nincada to Shedinja)

cbiesra
19th October 2008, 7:47 PM
I really prefer evolution stones.
With stones you just spend 2000 poke' or find one randomly and your done evolvig them.
It's the easiest way if you ask me.

goinGreen
19th October 2008, 8:35 PM
Level Up, and Area Up. Area up would be better, but there's a reason.

If they combined the two, we'd have the perfect pokemon... like, I don't really want to have an evolved pokemon at level two, just because I hatched it and brought it to an area. I've done this, with Leafeons. If there was a level requirement upon gaining a level in a certain area, I'd like area training much more. For basic pokemon, like a Pikachu -> Raichu evo, area training isn't necessary. But if you wanted to evolve Corsola into something that could withstand colder waters, then area-level up would be much better.

In fact, as well as area-level-up, there should be some pokemon that would area-transform. Like, imagine a Burmy in a snowstorm near the Ice Rock. It'd transform into an ice-type burmy, and if it got to the certain level, it'd turn into an Ice type Wormadon. Or having a Mightyena at that same rock. It wouldn't evolve again, but turn into a different form with thicker fur (more defense,) and maybe have some different moves.

Attack Up is very similar to Level Up, except that you have the option not to evolve it. If every pokemon wouldn't simply learn the move to level up in a normal moveset, but instead had to be bred to learn a move, I'd like it much more. For example: Let's say that we had a Surfing Pikachu that had a Pichu that knew Surf (just go with it.) At friendship, if the Pichu still knew Surf, it'd not evolve into Pikachu, but instead evolve into Pikablu. Yeah, I doubt that'd ever happen, but an evolution LIKE that would be nice.

superluis5
20th October 2008, 7:02 PM
my favourite way of evolution is leveling up pokes

Maruno
20th October 2008, 9:20 PM
Level Up, and Area Up. Area up would be better, but there's a reason.

If they combined the two, we'd have the perfect pokemon... like, I don't really want to have an evolved pokemon at level two, just because I hatched it and brought it to an area. I've done this, with Leafeons. If there was a level requirement upon gaining a level in a certain area, I'd like area training much more.
I agree with that. Limited Area Up would be a great evolution method to have, since it makes sense.

For basic pokemon, like a Pikachu -> Raichu evo, area training isn't necessary. But if you wanted to evolve Corsola into something that could withstand colder waters, then area-level up would be much better.
Do you mean have two alternate evolutions of Corsola, and have one of them be gained through (Limited) Area Up and the other be gained through regular Level Up? Perhaps, although I'd imagine some EV training would be better for that (or whatever the Pokéworld equivalent is, since your example of having it withstanding cold waters isn't a feature in the games).

In fact, as well as area-level-up, there should be some pokemon that would area-transform. Like, imagine a Burmy in a snowstorm near the Ice Rock. It'd transform into an ice-type burmy, and if it got to the certain level, it'd turn into an Ice type Wormadon. Or having a Mightyena at that same rock. It wouldn't evolve again, but turn into a different form with thicker fur (more defense,) and maybe have some different moves.
This sounds like area-related EV training. Every battle you take part in at a certain location would also give however many EVs in the specified field as well as whatever you gain from the battle (e.g. DEF/SPDEF for being in a cold region).

But once you get into that, you'd have to arrange for different movesets for every pokémon (if you're having them at all), and that's a lot of hassle. I'm not even sure that there would be many/any ways that a specific location will influence a moveset change.

And I don't think Burmy/Wormadam would be suitable for Ice Cloaks.

Attack Up is very similar to Level Up, except that you have the option not to evolve it. If every pokemon wouldn't simply learn the move to level up in a normal moveset, but instead had to be bred to learn a move, I'd like it much more. For example: Let's say that we had a Surfing Pikachu that had a Pichu that knew Surf (just go with it.) At friendship, if the Pichu still knew Surf, it'd not evolve into Pikachu, but instead evolve into Pikablu. Yeah, I doubt that'd ever happen, but an evolution LIKE that would be nice.
It's certainly possible, but I'm not sure it's worth it. But what do I know? Party Up and Beauty Up are each exclusive to one pokémon (Mantyke and Feebas), so it being "worth it" or not doesn't matter.

palkia1
21st October 2008, 4:39 PM
I like the classic level up evolution the best. Evolution stones are probably my second fave. I just find some of the evolution methods stupid (mainly Tyrogue, Feebas and certain move evolutions)

TR_Jessie
22nd October 2008, 2:28 AM
I just love it when pokemon level up in certain locations!

It makes the game adventurous and a bit more like real life.

redpanda
22nd October 2008, 2:59 AM
I like it best when you just level up. It's a bit more challenging and rewarding than many of the other methods to me.

Bobby Frank JR
1st November 2008, 10:24 PM
it would have to be the classic level up.
but area and stone give you some cool pokemon

PokeCrossbow
2nd November 2008, 7:25 AM
I liked how leafeon/Glaceon Evolved in that snowy/Grassy places ^_^; its like magic xD

Same for the cave evolution~

Rocky28940
2nd November 2008, 11:57 AM
I like levelling up because it's what most Pokemon do, it is also more fun if you don't know when they evolve so that it comes as a surprise when you evolve it!

kinder surprise
2nd November 2008, 11:59 AM
happiness coz i evolve them at level 2 while EV training with Proteins etc

Cuthrout
2nd November 2008, 12:14 PM
I like Giving certain stones is pretty good. trading aint great cos you have to have someone else to do it aking it tedious

PokeCrossbow
3rd November 2008, 5:10 AM
I was thinking of a new evolution method, 2 pokemons combine while they are in party o.o

Same as slowpoke+shelder = slowbro, wouldn't it be fun to be in the new pokemon games? My example isn't like required pokemon to evolve a current one like mantyke/remoraid = mantine.

leon25270
3rd November 2008, 2:56 PM
I like level-up because:

1) Most Pokemon that evolve via level up will still have access to at least most of its pre-evolution's moves.

2) It gives you that "Oh, I've worked so hard!" feeling.

3) It's easy.

Maruno
4th November 2008, 4:06 AM
I was thinking of a new evolution method, 2 pokemons combine while they are in party o.o

Same as slowpoke+shelder = slowbro, wouldn't it be fun to be in the new pokemon games? My example isn't like required pokemon to evolve a current one like mantyke/remoraid = mantine.
The one major problem with that is, which of the component pokémon's stats will the result have? It can't be the sum of both because of obvious reasons, and it'd be very difficult to take the average of each stat (inc. personality and so forth).

King Edwin
4th November 2008, 4:54 AM
Using a stone is probably the easiest but leveling up or happiness provides a bit more challengee.

GiratinaRay
4th November 2008, 2:01 PM
I say leveling up. It makes a challenge and it is fun. There is nothing like getting back to the basics!

PiplupMan
4th November 2008, 4:23 PM
I prefer leveling up it will get stronger that way and it is good for battleing in other places.

kev40293
14th November 2008, 12:18 AM
i like leveling up in an area because it makes you go places you may not normally go.

theschmizz
14th November 2008, 3:08 AM
levelling up is straightforward, but i like evolution stones the most. because its challenging to get a pokemon to learn all of its moves, then evolve it, and i think that its rewarding at the end.

Dragon Chimchar
15th November 2008, 11:36 AM
i like leveling up best
:D

Micha
15th November 2008, 3:43 PM
Level up :P Plain and simple and I just like it.. Well.. Except for pokemon that needs like lvl 45-55, if you just level them to get pokedex entry it's really annoying..

The one I hate.. Feebas style >_<

Night Shadow
15th November 2008, 10:23 PM
Well.. Except for pokemon that needs like lvl 45-55,

Of course it is annoying! And those pokes are usaually the best

TheSmiley
16th November 2008, 11:48 PM
Stones easy fun and the resoult is often super cool like mismagius, flareon or togekiss ^^

pokemaster001
17th November 2008, 12:10 AM
my favorite is area level up(it's fun, it gives you a point in traveling)
least favorite is feebas(hey, I can't make poffins)
and will someone please tell me what the difference is between geting ;292; and ;291;?

-Hayward-
17th November 2008, 3:15 AM
*enters topic*

<_<

>_>

*votes for leveling up*

<_<

>_>

*leaves*

PS. Second favorite method = Using Stones

Reyairia
17th November 2008, 5:19 AM
my favorite is area level up(it's fun, it gives you a point in traveling)
least favorite is feebas(hey, I can't make poffins)
and will someone please tell me what the difference is between geting ;292; and ;291;?

If you have an empty space in your party you'll get ;292;, if not just ;291;.

mudkip master
17th November 2008, 7:55 AM
useing the stone is fun i like useing water stones most and also moon stones are good too because i like the pokemon they evolve

JoeeJoee
18th November 2008, 7:58 AM
Level up, it's simple and original. It also makes sense in the Pokémon's growth as it grows stronger it should evolve right?

Reyairia
18th November 2008, 8:01 AM
levelling up is straightforward, but i like evolution stones the most. because its challenging to get a pokemon to learn all of its moves, then evolve it, and i think that its rewarding at the end.

I agree, if your pokemon evolves by leveling up, you often forget that it might learn some moves later on and that it's better to have it learn them and afterward leveling it up. Knowing a certain move also works.

JaimeGreenan
18th November 2008, 8:29 AM
I like Knowing a certain move which IS linked to levelling up

A-Burrito
18th November 2008, 9:15 AM
i like leveling up pokemon, but stones are my favourite (then trading), stones are really easy

mR.tOp37
19th November 2008, 3:12 PM
i like leveling up. easy. simple. and classic. :D

-$Ci(-P-)$-
19th November 2008, 4:37 PM
leveling up, its just simple and you learn how to battle (against weak pokemon).

Mew's desire
20th November 2008, 1:31 PM
I like using EXP.share, it certainly helps. I made my Chansey evolve!!!!
YAY!!!!!

Jessie&James
20th November 2008, 1:32 PM
I level up. Just level up.

EnteiFirecracker
20th November 2008, 2:21 PM
I use all types of methods to Evolve my Pokemon. I love evolution :)
But my favourite is the simpliest, level up :)

MorseCoder
20th November 2008, 2:44 PM
Trading would be the Fun part, Especially with the 3rd Gen Games, I still have My Link Cables and Fr/Lg/E Gamepaks to Trade with.. ^_^

skittyisthebest
24th November 2008, 12:10 AM
Leveling up is the best.

Xemik
24th November 2008, 12:14 AM
i like trading best.

leveling up gets boring after a while just doing the same stuff over and over....

trading is exciting and ppl do it less so when i trade and it evos, i get all happy

:)

The Dean of Suds
24th November 2008, 12:56 AM
The feebas way.

Beckie
24th November 2008, 12:04 PM
Stones <3
Level them up is okay as well, but when they need a high level to evolve it's not funny anymore xD

contester Ccbueno
24th November 2008, 12:34 PM
level up..

Fire Storm
24th November 2008, 9:35 PM
I like using evolution stones. Its not common, and you have to locate the stones before its an option. Afterwards, picking when to evolve requires premeditation and can affect outcome. Often times, these are the more dramatic changes. Lastly, there is only one pokemon that evolves with stones that I do not really like.

All of these reasons are personal....

Arceus Master
24th November 2008, 9:54 PM
My favorite evolution method is Level Up because once you know what level a pokemon will evolve at, it's just a matter of getting it there and when you get close, you get excited to it's suspenseful and much more rewarding in the end.

superjesus1
25th November 2008, 11:17 PM
I like the good old level up mainly because deciding when to give my gligar the razor fang to hold was a pain if it just evolved at a set level i wouldnt have had to um and ar for ages XD

Dartsa
26th November 2008, 10:19 PM
I prefer the good ol' fashoined way of leveling up; simple and effective.

Umbreon_13
26th November 2008, 10:24 PM
evolution stone because it is quick and it can be done at any level so it can be slow

THUNDER!!!
12th December 2008, 5:09 PM
The esiest way, leveling them up!

Igottapoo
12th December 2008, 5:54 PM
Level up is my favorite way. But I suppose a few other ways are fine

Tomato-kun
12th December 2008, 8:57 PM
Leveling up is fun!
You develop a good relationship with your Pokemon the more battles you win,and they grow stronger.

I'm not one for stone evolutions,though I have had all the Eeveelutions,and multiple Raichu(3 I think).
You don't know if your Pokemon wants to evolve or not.

I stink at Poffins,they either don't come out dry or I don't have any berries(I really don't have any right now),I can never evolve a Milotic.

Tyogre method,isn't that just leveling up?

Anyway,I like leveling up the best.

Gibernau
12th December 2008, 9:55 PM
Level up was the most "fun", and in my opinion, the best.

Sonic15
13th December 2008, 3:23 AM
Level up is my Pick. It seems the best, its fun, it gives you something to do, you can choose when you want them to evolve, and so on.

Typhlosion Trainer
13th December 2008, 4:55 PM
Leveling up and area level up is the best.

surfer treecko
13th December 2008, 7:25 PM
Leveling up. Simple, and easy.

Zog the Stout
14th December 2008, 6:37 PM
I think most pokes are definitley best off as Level Ups, but in my opinion, the most inventive way that I would like to see more of is the Tyrogue Way.

Zog

NINJA PENGUIN2
14th December 2008, 6:45 PM
My favorate way is probably either the Shedinja/Ninjask way Or the gilgar/wevile way (lv up at night with item

TurtwigFan1
14th December 2008, 6:51 PM
I prefer level up, it's easiest and it shows you that your Pokémon is getting stronger.

GarchompHata
14th December 2008, 7:00 PM
Place evolution.

Illusione-Tempus
15th December 2008, 10:31 AM
The Feebas method, for we can win contests by that ^_^

PikaCharmander
16th December 2008, 12:38 AM
I pick leveling up because thats all I do, lol.

Firehawk10590
16th December 2008, 1:28 AM
Probably the Tyrogue way, because it's fun and different.

80p
16th December 2008, 4:08 AM
I would rather prefer the old level up method, feebas way is hardest cuz i still dont know how to do it lol

Mega Steelix
16th December 2008, 8:18 AM
I think leveling up is the best way to determine if a pokemon is strong enough to evolve.

Champion Jared 14
17th December 2008, 8:46 AM
I don't like that you have to level up riolu with max happiness during the day to make it evolve. I've been leveling it up all night and I totally forgot that... Wasted all that time, and I could've began my breeding for new riolus a LONG time ago... But I'm still a fan of stone evolutions. Buy or get the stone, apply to pokemon, call it a day. If only these pokemon could all keep and learn moves from their previous forms...

But I also like the place-based evolutions, and I like the new stones as well.

brandyjay
17th December 2008, 8:54 AM
Why is there no happiness the only reason I like crobat and espeon is because they evolved this way for me so thats my favorite. And I haven't ticked any so there!

HoennMaster
17th December 2008, 11:02 AM
I kind of like the stones, but Happiness it unique because it makes you connect with your Pokémon.

noobiess
17th December 2008, 11:04 AM
'level up' is the best because you just have to wait (it's just annoying when you have a pokemon that you don't want to evolve) the evolution stones are better in that but the annoying thing is when you use them too soon you miss so many good moves

LostLove
17th December 2008, 11:09 AM
I use the the old version of leveling up but I think Happiness is still the best and I don't understand why it isn't on there so I haven't ticked any c:

brandyjay
17th December 2008, 11:13 AM
I use the the old version of leveling up but I think Happiness is still the best and I don't understand why it isn't on there so I haven't ticked any c:

Go happiness, it is the best because it gives you connection with your pokemon and gives the games a feel of raising a team and not an army.

Larry
17th December 2008, 1:04 PM
I like trading with an item because you can do it by yourself on the GTS.

TheCookieCutter
17th December 2008, 1:51 PM
I kind of prefer stone evolution. Sinnoh introduced 3 new stones as well.

pika3
17th December 2008, 1:57 PM
I prefer the leveling and leveling w/ a move because that way you know when your pokemon is gonna evolve. Evolving with the stones is just too hard because it is really hard to find stones(especially the newest ones), and evolving the Feebas and Tyrouge way just takes too much time.

BoomDude
17th December 2008, 2:05 PM
What about friendship evolving?
Iike move lvl up after friend ship

Maruno
17th December 2008, 4:53 PM
The poll above isn't an exhaustive list of all the possible methods of evolution. See below for the list I compiled.

I prefer the leveling and leveling w/ a move because that way you know when your pokemon is gonna evolve. Evolving with the stones is just too hard because it is really hard to find stones(especially the newest ones), and evolving the Feebas and Tyrouge way just takes too much time.
The Feebas way does seem to be really annoying. I've never had a Feebas, so I wouldn't actually know. It's interesting, but I don't like it.

What about "the Tyrogue way" takes too long? It's Level Up, beginning at Level 20. You may have a bit of trouble sorting out the stats to decide which pokémon it evolves into, but that's not the method - it's something else.

The poll misses out a lot of methods, and includes "the Tyrogue way" which is technically incorrect (Tyrogue evolves by Level Up regardless of the outcome). Here's my best attempt at listing all the methods and their nuances:
Level up (at a given level or higher)
Level up in a specific area
Level up with a held item
Level up with max beauty - (Feebas)
Level up when happy
Level up when happy at a certain time of day
Level up when a certain gender (at a given level or higher) - (Combee)
Level up knowing a certain move
Level up with specific pokémon in party - (Mantyke)
Evolution stone
Evolution stone when a certain gender - (Kirlia, Snorunt)
Trading
Trading with held item

These are factors that affect what a pokémon evolves into, but are not evolution methods themselves. The first two depend on Level Up, while the third depends on another evolution (which is also Level Up):
Personality - (Wurmple)
ATK/DEF comparison - (Tyrogue)
Having a space in party and a spare Pokéball - (Nincada to Shedinja)

Wiimote
20th December 2008, 2:07 AM
Leveling up is the most efficient way, in my humble opinion.

burninator59
28th December 2008, 8:02 AM
eevee should have a level-up evolution. it already has stones and area evos, it should have a level-up. also a trading evo

Chou
28th December 2008, 4:56 PM
I like level-up evolution the best. It's the least complicated.

ArabGamer
28th December 2008, 5:56 PM
^ I'd have to disagree with you. Stones are the least complicated way because all you have to do is give it to the pokemon, but I prefer leveling up, it produces better pokemon :D

PsychedelicJellyfish
28th December 2008, 6:07 PM
Stone evolutions are the quickest and they're fairly easy, but I find levelling up to be more enjoyable.

ArabGamer
28th December 2008, 6:18 PM
^ Thats what I just said! ;)

1ee7leader
28th December 2008, 6:20 PM
^ Thats what I just said! ;)

So, anyone can say that!
Stone evolutions are great but leveling also is good as it is one of the main parts of the game.

Zazie
28th December 2008, 8:33 PM
Leveling up is my favorite, but I also like stone and other item induced evolutions as well. I do not like the trading ones too much because you have to trade to get them but these evolutions aren't essential. I really hate the way feebas eveolves, it is way too much trouble.

Palkia Keeper
28th December 2008, 11:43 PM
I like the tyrogue way, and trading

burninator59
29th December 2008, 5:42 AM
the trading with items, evolving in a certain place, and knowing a certain move ones are too complicated and would be impossible to figure out without knowing beforehand

spacialrend_palkia
29th December 2008, 8:02 AM
level up and evolution stones are my favorite.

Pikamiki
30th December 2008, 1:26 PM
i'd say level up is best since it gives a much greater satisfaction

Pearl's Perap
30th December 2008, 1:43 PM
I quite like the idea of evolving pok&#233;mon by leveling them up in certain areas, that was quite a nice addition with the fourth generation.

M-Dub
31st December 2008, 1:36 AM
Stones! Eevee and its Gen. I evos are some of the best Pokemon in the games!

Jimb113
4th January 2009, 11:26 PM
i quite like move evolutions cos if they improve it would give u something to do when ur bored

Khanio's cookie
4th January 2009, 11:35 PM
I use the level up mehtod, Evolution Stones mehtod and trading.
I love when pokemon evolve it is making it much more fun to play pokemon! :)

foxyman1167
4th January 2009, 11:37 PM
Leveling up to a certain level is the original and the best way to go. The addition of location level up was cool too.

Turquoise
4th January 2009, 11:50 PM
This is a stupid poll, I shall not lie. But ya, I like the idea they had with Feebas, but they haven't followed through yet.

ShinyCollector007
5th January 2009, 2:05 AM
Stones sooo easy. Lv. Up is the most fulfilling, but Stoineds is easier

Palamon
5th January 2009, 2:46 AM
simple leveling up is the best for me...
You don't need anything just let it level up and it evolves at that level and over if caught higher than the level

t00lb0x31
5th January 2009, 2:55 AM
i feel more satisfied by level up and certain moves and area level up. stones are a cheap way for evolution, for the ones that barely learn any moves after evo except for eeveelutions and some other ones. i never really liked the trading for evos, too time consuming. feebas way a long time too.

Shadow Tepi 8
5th January 2009, 5:50 AM
Leveling up is the easiest and least complicated way to evolve. I like area level-ups coo as well, it's unique.

Lucario_Dragon
5th January 2009, 11:20 AM
I like the level up method most as trading can become difficult for some players.
If it is ok, i would like to point out my least favourite:
Eevee > Leafeon
Because the original eeveelutions used the stones. There is a leaf stone, why not use that instead?

woliwo
5th January 2009, 11:49 AM
Evelutions stones is mostly the fastest and the most easy way.
Simple level up is mostly good as well, but to need get level 40 and even 55 can be anoying.

COKTAL
5th January 2009, 2:04 PM
I like leveling up. Easy and simple. No going around looking for stones, no trading to evolve, and no pokeblocks/poffin!

The Flash
6th January 2009, 11:06 PM
i like trading the most. not many pokemon evolve that way. and having a level 16 alakazam is even easier now with the addition of wireless communtication. i'm not a fan of area evolution cuz i don't like the new eeveeloutions or magnezone or probopass. the stones are rather cheap, but very effective. and the tyrougue way is cool cuz only he can evolve that way.

The Flash
6th January 2009, 11:07 PM
sorry. my computer is stupid. double post, my bad.

plopagon123
7th January 2009, 10:41 AM
I'd say that the best evolution method would be the stones, if they can easily be bought, like in FR and LG. But lately, it's like, you have to find them (like in the Hoenn games) and/or dig up for them (Diamond/Pearl). Unless stones can be bought, I'd say that leveling up the Pokemon would be the best way to level up a Pokemon. Even if it takes a while, you would be spared from the trouble of looking for a partner, having to trade and trade back. Hmmm, held item and a level up would be the second, just like in Weavile or Gliscor's case. Level up by happiness alone is just torture...

shadowkami
7th January 2009, 5:17 PM
I like evolving via evolution stones. They're quick and simple. Evolving via level or happiness is too long.

Corbulo
10th January 2009, 7:45 AM
i like leveling up best because it is easy and i hate using the evolution stones best the pokemon it evloves into does not learn many lvl up move most of the time

btw do not click on plopagon123 link in his sig it is just spam and a real pain and if you click close on the window it another window pops up and you have to keep clicking ok until it closes

Darkrainer
10th January 2009, 3:12 PM
I know that this is unoriginal, but I always just like to level mine up. That's my favorite way to evolve my Pokemon.

Agent_Kennedy
11th January 2009, 11:30 PM
I love the area evolution the best. It just seems like a really cool concept to me :D

fschulze47
12th January 2009, 1:14 AM
evolution stones are awesome, and normally the results are, too. I like how easy they are to get in D/P

cmitch25
12th January 2009, 1:42 AM
I like freindship evolution because it takes time and is rewarding at the end.

Yogurt
12th January 2009, 2:37 AM
Using stones is probably the easiest way.

#Chimecho#
12th January 2009, 2:59 AM
I like friendship, daytime/nighttime, area and regular level up. Stones i never really liked. Trading seemed so hard, since i was lazy :P

groundonman
20th January 2009, 5:52 PM
give a pokemon a exp share
simple

suicune lover
20th January 2009, 7:33 PM
Stones.There easy to get and require no training watsoever.

Kiara
22nd January 2009, 1:37 AM
I love the feeling of getting my Pokemon to the right level and seeing the good ol' evolution screen after the battle to prove that I've done my job.

Filsk_Darkrai
4th February 2009, 12:47 AM
I like the pokemon level up. Just use an Exp Share and battle.

MadMoose
4th February 2009, 1:37 AM
I like evolving my pokémon by leveling them up. It's much more satisfying for me than using an evolution stone or trading it. Learning a move would be ok too, since you still have to level up to learn the move.

Soiherdyouliekme
4th February 2009, 1:50 AM
Levelling, least complicated way.

InfamousMrJ
4th February 2009, 1:51 AM
Well, level up is always the greatest way, and a favorite, of course, but one of the most interesting is area based evolution. Such a neat concept, really.

Penguinist Trainer
5th February 2009, 7:33 PM
I like when pokemon have multiple ways to evolve. My favorite evolution is with the stones, mainly because they can be difficult to obtain and I can level it up when I choose. But I also like pokemon who can evolve in different ways. Eevee using the many stones or special rocks. Snorunt evolving with either stone or leveling up. Gloom evolving into 2 different forms. Even the Chu family needing a friendship evolution to evolve Pichu into Pikachu and a stone to evolve Pikachu into Raichu. I like having a variety or methods available rather than a cut and dry 1 way and 1 way only.

pidgey rules
5th February 2009, 10:32 PM
Happiness and stones or Day/night level up evolution

foxyman1167
5th February 2009, 10:56 PM
Well I like the old school level-up evolution, definitly makes the most sense, as a Pokemon grows up and becomes stronger. I also like the happiness evolution, also makes sense, but the trade evolutions don't really make sense.

Orphee
5th February 2009, 11:08 PM
the level up evolution is the best... the worst... trading -_- (i dont like that way >_>)

Pinksizzors
5th February 2009, 11:23 PM
I like evolution stones, because you can chose exactly when to evolve your pokes without an everstone or having to hammer th B button everytime you level your poke up. I despise the trading way. Unlike a seeming large proportion of the pokemon community I don't have multiple DSes so I have to trade over wifi to evolve my pokes, which isn't always safe.

Imposibibble
6th February 2009, 5:39 AM
I like the old fashioned level-up method.
Followed closely by stone evolution.

2 of the 3 methods to evolve back in RBY. (I didn't like trade-I had no one to trade with back then).

Dragon Rules
6th February 2009, 5:45 AM
I like evolving by evolution stones,simple.

Twilight_Tiger
10th February 2009, 6:29 PM
Like alot of other people I like the leveling up way. Stones are ok. Area evolution and friendship are interesting, but out of all of them trading is the worst.

Brazed
10th February 2009, 8:41 PM
For me it's leveling up and using stones. The easiest and most efficient way in my opinion.

MKFC
10th February 2009, 9:16 PM
For me it's either happiness or good ol' level up.

Charizard The Great
11th February 2009, 1:39 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt, levelling up. It is by far the most satisfying way for me, as it proves you can raise Pokemon to a certain level.

Levelling up, as opposed to trading (unless trading by yourself), for example, means you feel close to the Pokemon.

Phoenix king
13th February 2009, 8:38 PM
I like the leveling method alot, that is followed with Stone evelution.
The trade to evolve I do not like (I have no one to trade with).