As the title says, What is your favourite method of evolving a pokemon
the criteria are :

-Level up- getting your pokemon to a certain level
-Evolution stones- Obvious
-Area level up- Like Glaceon and Leafeon, or Magnezone
-Trading (w/o item)- Like Gengar or Dusknoir
-Specific pokemon in party- Like Mantine
-Know certain move- Knowing a certain move to evolve- eg. Lickilicky
-The Feebas way- Max'ing a certain stat (beauty, cool,cute, tough, smart) and then leveling up
-The Tyrogue way- Certain stat at a particular level deciding which pokemon it will evolve into.

I like the " know certain move", because it puts the pokemon into a right place for evoulution via learning a move which is more suitable to its evo.

Post your favorite and why?

Mr. E Goods
23rd April 2008, 12:53 PM
i like to evolve pokemon by leveling them up

Larry
23rd April 2008, 1:09 PM
I love the good ol' level up...easy...

shiny meta
23rd April 2008, 1:29 PM
definitly level so much more fullfilliong and easy

Walking Contradiction
23rd April 2008, 4:17 PM
I like the method of having to know a certain move best, after the obvious level up method.

skarmory227
23rd April 2008, 4:47 PM
Leveling up makes you feel like you accompolished something when it finally evolves.

Cal
23rd April 2008, 4:50 PM
Leveling is probably the best way as you know that you have put work into acheiving the final results in comparison with other methods which can just be the easy way round.

NoDice
23rd April 2008, 4:59 PM
Ive gotta say that leveling up to me, is the best way to evolve your Pokemon. Its the staple play mechanic the series was built on, and its by far the most rewarding way of evolving. In a close second comes the "new" idea of move knowledge leveling up- which is basically the same as general leveling up to evolve and that similarity is why it is second. I hate- Trade evolving w/ or w/o items, and I dont really care for stone evolving either- simply because most stone evos dont learn anything new and have to be tutored.

razor fire
The feebas way, area level and regular level up. don't like using stones.

Volteon
Knowing a certain move of course!
Breed two Aipoms with Double Hit.
Baby Aipom will have Double Hit

Aipom evolves in level 2! :D

But IMO the most creative is with certain Pokémon in party and Tyrogue way.

PurpleMew
23rd April 2008, 5:00 PM
I prefer to level my pokemon so they evolve because i feel better raising them

Will-powered Spriter
23rd April 2008, 5:07 PM
I quite like the Nincada into Ninjask & gives Shedinja. Useful on Colouseum.

Lvl up is the simplest though.

Abysmal Zero
23rd April 2008, 5:10 PM
It's a close tie between leveling up and using the stones, but I'm going to go with the latter. Although if every pokemon evolved by stone, that would stink.
But I feel that after leveling up every pokemon to evolve, the stone pokemon are some of the tougher pokemon, and they're like a mental break. An easy way to finish the pokedex.

Take Eevee for example. The most solid evos are the stone ones. The next best one is Umbreon, who evolves through happiness.
But Leafeon and Glaceon, who evolves through area level up are terrible. Now, while this is probably coincidence and laziness on the programmer's part, I still feel that Vaporeon is the toughest one, and it evolves by stone.

But then again, in the older games you only got so many stones, and by the time you found one you'd trained your Eevee pretty well, if you chose to have it on your team. In Diamond/Pearl however, you can find tons in the Underground early on in the game, before you ever get an Eevee.

But meh, I'm babbling now.

Sookie
23rd April 2008, 5:18 PM
I like the area level ups. I'm not sure why, but it's fun for me ^^;;

phantom1113
23rd April 2008, 6:48 PM
stone's are defenatly the easiest one. especialy when you don't like to level up pokemon like me (I'd rather just start wifi battling right away >.>)

PokInfinity
23rd April 2008, 6:52 PM
-Trading (w/o item)- Like Gengar or Dusknoir

Dusknoir needs a reaper cloth in order to evolve by trading.
But I like trading evos. Like Alakazam and Gengar.

(s.i.e)
23rd April 2008, 6:57 PM
i allways liked the evolution stones most.
you just use it and poof... new evolution.

leveling can take a long time sometimes if you ask me.

Amonitas
23rd April 2008, 7:24 PM
Hey, you forgot happines and nincada style evolution, I love happiness, I hope they make it more useful than just to learn Draco meteor.

rekreatur
23rd April 2008, 7:25 PM
I like the evolution stones the best.

phantom1113
23rd April 2008, 7:54 PM
Hey, you forgot happines and nincada style evolution, I love happiness, I hope they make it more useful than just to learn Draco meteor.

you forgot return/frustration ;)

Amonitas
23rd April 2008, 7:58 PM
Return is rather okay move and frustration is useless, so I didn't care to mention them.

Vycksta
23rd April 2008, 8:03 PM
How about making a Pokemon hold a Razor Claw and then evolving it at night? 8D? *bricked for bias*

In all seriousness, I prefer the tradtional evolution style of leveling up. As someone who likes to train their Pokemon it's very rewarding... expecially when it's a Pokemon like Tyranitar or Salamence who evolve at level 55.

phantom1113
23rd April 2008, 8:04 PM
Return is rather okay move and frustration is useless, so I didn't care to mention them.

the're great believe me.
frustration isnt useless I use it when I don't feel like getting up my pokemon's happyness.

those 2 move are great on physical normal types since it gets awesome Stab

Amonitas
23rd April 2008, 8:04 PM
Salamence is 45 I think.

bugman03
23rd April 2008, 8:13 PM
Happyness! (not on the list :( ) that way it's a surprise if your just training normaly.

hello moto
24th April 2008, 1:01 AM
Sorry, for not adding Happiness, i was doing the poll from top of my head, completely forgot Happiness >_<. I didn't add Nincada style because, it's a normal level up for Ninjask, it is only Shednija you get in bonus which i thought Nintendo won't do again.

-BJ-
24th April 2008, 1:13 AM
After leveling up, I like the happiness method the most. It makes me feel good when my Pokemon respects and likes me before it evolves.

Mobile Suit Pilot
24th April 2008, 1:18 AM
I like leveling up the best because it feels like you have to "train" your pokemon to a certian extent.

Cool Frood
24th April 2008, 1:50 AM
Having a specific pokemon in your party. I've wondered about the Mantine/Remoraid thing, and now it (slightly) seems to make sense!

Pinata Panda
24th April 2008, 1:55 AM
yeah leving them up is best but i need to trade to get me fav pokemon GENGAR HES AWESOME (see sig)

ground tamer
24th April 2008, 5:56 AM
Like Vycksta said, my favorite way of leveling up is by the good old level up sequence. The feeling of accomplishment gives you satisfactory over the job you have done with that pokemon, thus making the training worth the while.

Volteon
24th April 2008, 6:00 AM
Having a specific pokemon in your party. I've wondered about the Mantine/Remoraid thing, and now it (slightly) seems to make sense!
What doesn't really makes sense is that this is the first gen. Remoraid doesn't appear in Mantine's sprite =S

Jazzy
24th April 2008, 9:23 AM
I like levelling up. Its graet to just finish off someone and suddenly be surprised as it evolves- also its so nice when you dont see it coming.

Amonitas
24th April 2008, 1:29 PM
Happines is awesome, you have to do many things like massages, you have to interact with it and then it just suddenly evolves, how awesome.

Dusknoir08
24th April 2008, 6:28 PM
level up cos its the easiest. lol

ger9119
24th April 2008, 7:01 PM
i love just leveling them up i hate though happyness evolution and the feebass way ugh

Dattebayo
25th April 2008, 5:58 AM
I like evolving Pokemon mostly by leveling them up.

skylight
25th April 2008, 6:14 AM
for me evolving pokemon through leveling up is a bit annoying at times when i don't want a pokemon to evolve bec i either have to attach an everstone or press the B button everytime it levels up.

VTUSH
25th April 2008, 6:34 AM
I like evolving my pokemon by leveling up because it's easy and makes them more powerful in the process

Jacol Beyros
26th April 2008, 8:27 AM
i prefer the evo stones cause theyll only evolve when u want them to. no pressing b or giving them an everstone.

Deceptionex
26th April 2008, 8:38 AM
I like the creativity of the leafeon and glaceon way since its a area limit which gets you to train there and occasionally finds a pokemon which gives EV points.

Amonitas
26th April 2008, 11:50 AM
for me evolving pokemon through leveling up is a bit annoying at times when i don't want a pokemon to evolve bec i either have to attach an everstone or press the B button everytime it levels up.
Whoa! Such work! ''presses B'' How can you do that? LOL

dragoniteKnight
26th April 2008, 7:16 PM
evo stones, for me it feels like more freedom, and it allows me to watch tv a ev train my pokemon without hoping it doesnt evolve.

WaluigiRC91
26th April 2008, 7:57 PM
Yeah I prefer stone evolution. I wish leafeon was by the leaf stone! Also the max beauty method

FireEmblemAddict
26th April 2008, 8:42 PM
I would say my favorite is by using a stone. Because then, you have a choice of when to evolve it. I wish more Pokemon evolved by stones, though.

Regan
27th April 2008, 2:00 AM
Area level up. It makes sense that under certain conditions a Pokemon evolves

WaluigiRC91
27th April 2008, 3:35 AM
That does make it realistic but so does stone evolution. There could be some kind of micro organisms on it that trigger evolution

Pimplup784
27th April 2008, 4:13 AM
I like the classic way, leveling up!!!

Kashmir
27th April 2008, 10:18 PM
Personally, I find the Tyrogue way is fail. DX It never works for me!

I'll have the national Dex in R/S/Fr/Lg, and I breed Hitmonchan, or Hitmonlee, depending on which one I got that time around. I get a few eggs, trade them around my games, and level them all up, trying my hardest to get the stats equal. >> It never works.

Let's say I even had the stat needed to get Hitmonlee higher than the one needed for Hitmonchan. If Hitmonchan was the parent, it'll setill evolve into a Hitmonchan. So ghey. >_<

Count Drosselmeyer
27th April 2008, 10:28 PM
Level-Up is the most basic and effective, I think. If the Pokemon evolves by learning a specific move, you could always miss out on the evolution if you don't like the attack and be never the wiser.

...if you don't already know how it evolves, that is.

Namikaze
28th April 2008, 12:03 AM
evolution stones, they give you so much control over a poke. second best is level evolution. you cant trust anyone in trades anymore.

FurryTrousers
28th April 2008, 1:25 AM
I Elite 4 them in Diamond. Pretty easy. Sure, takes up a bit of your time, but it gets your Pokemon to over 20+ levels (seriously). Evolution Stones are handy for a select few Pokemon. I still like leveling up.

Timberwolf21
28th April 2008, 3:14 AM
just level up, but my favorite would hav to be the neat twist of specified places needed to go & then work up a level

Biscoti
1st May 2008, 6:08 AM
Personally for me lvl up, but happiness does give way for lots of possiblilties.
Level 3 blissey ftw =D.

Femme Fatale
1st May 2008, 8:59 AM
I like the Beauty method for Milotic, but it's rather difficult x.x XD

You missed the Shedinja method on your poll =o! That's my favourite <3

Hydrohs
1st May 2008, 1:05 PM
I like level personally, that way I can keep going through the Elite Four training my other Pokemon as well. =D

Dark Arceus
1st May 2008, 6:03 PM
Always liked the original method of levelling up, although I also like stones because it saves time and training if you just want to complete your pokedex.

Mattyz
1st May 2008, 7:48 PM
I think levelling up is the best way! :D

Bomb.Exe
1st May 2008, 10:13 PM
I like evolution stones because you can evolve them whenever you want to.

jabs4
1st May 2008, 10:23 PM
Basic leveling up for sure. Its simple and has no strings attached. You know what you have to do for you pkmn to evolve and you don't need to worry about stones, locations, stats, & trading.

NeonGardevoir
1st May 2008, 10:26 PM
I like the leveling up method and the stones.They're both easy.

~Mesprit~
2nd May 2008, 11:17 AM
I have TWO favorites. Listen carefully:
- Level Up - the oldest method in the world
- Evolution Stones - the easiest and the most confortable. I can evolve pokemon when I want

The methods I dislike:
- trading with an item - I have nobody to trade with
- pokemon but know a certain move - so I must delete 1 good move it learnt because if I don't do it, it won't evolve
- Feebass strategy - gosh, I need many poffins/berries to feed it. This is annoying because I don't like cooking them.

Treskalle
2nd May 2008, 3:07 PM
I like the Area level up, but thats mostly for leafeon/glaceon, because I like just going around in the game, and with that method i can go around with a reason

DragonTamerBrandon
4th May 2008, 2:52 AM
I choose Level-up method. That's because you get to watch your Pokemon grow as you raise it. I know I'm talking like it's real life or something, but I'd much rather raise a Pokemon then just evolve it right away and have it with minimum amount of decent stats. :)

DieChavsDie
4th May 2008, 1:03 PM
Specific Pokemon in the party is novel, interesting and should be more used (I personally hope Mantyke/Mantine will be popular enough to stay in Regional Dex in future gens, as this means Remoraid/Octillery will have to be there too (Yayness))

Theneedleman
4th May 2008, 3:29 PM
My favorite method of leveling is actually area level up. In my opinion it is even easier then manually training a Pokemon.

pikakid
4th May 2008, 3:35 PM
i dont care how they level i just want to make them stronger

MidnightStorm
4th May 2008, 4:34 PM
Leveling up is the most standard and most other ways are fine as well but most of the time I don't care too much.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
4th May 2008, 4:54 PM
I say my favourite is the good ol' leveling up. Feels rewarding to finally have a Dragonite.

I also like the area level up, gives a whole new meaning to enviromental factors xD

Beurre
4th May 2008, 6:10 PM
I don't know...Levling up seems so...boring.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
4th May 2008, 6:15 PM
I've voted for Area Level Up. It just brings a whole new dimension into the games I think, much as the same way did for the time sensitive evolvers. I also quite like the 'Move-known' way too.

MilesVulpixPrower
4th May 2008, 8:52 PM
Basic method leveling up but....in the day care is quite easy to level up.;munchlax;

Omas
7th May 2008, 10:10 PM
Evolution stones are my favorite, because you can wait as long as you want before you evolve it.

dragoniteKnight
8th May 2008, 12:02 AM
That does make it realistic but so does stone evolution. There could be some kind of micro organisms on it that trigger evolution

if i remember correctly the stones emit radiation that makes pokemon evolve, i just cant remeber where i heard that lol

Forretress Fan
8th May 2008, 12:09 AM
I've always loved leveling up b/c then you know what you need to gain more power. Besides its just so common I can't like any other way, Feebas requires too much work!

Pseudo-Unlegendary
8th May 2008, 11:05 PM
level up is the best way, the feebas way annoys me especially because it doesn't even evolve unless it is some kind of beauty nature

DW_Inuyasha
8th May 2008, 11:36 PM
I'm old school, I prefer just leveling the buggers up. =D

Jounin Elite
9th May 2008, 4:13 AM
I like the stones, it's just so quick and easy, and now they made it so that you have basically a limitless amount of evolution stones, with the underground tunnels added.

crazymoose
9th May 2008, 4:15 AM
i like using stones, especially fire stones (ninetales!)

IceWater3000
9th May 2008, 2:35 PM
I personally prefer the leveling up in a specific area.

Krake
9th May 2008, 2:49 PM
Leveling up, simply because the Pokemon can pretty much grow on its own.

Isaac
10th May 2008, 3:11 PM
I like stone evolutions
and area evolutions best

golden jirachi
11th May 2008, 5:25 AM
I like the Tyrouge, Stones , Lvl up and Area evo Style. But I LOVE the Feebas way. It's just like so Challenging.

Brado
16th May 2008, 9:41 PM
Good 'ol levelling up gets my vote

mew..
16th May 2008, 11:45 PM
i like feebass's way of evo. its challenging to get the berries, blend them, and then feed them :P

Connor69
17th May 2008, 1:11 AM
Lvling up or the area ones.

really creative with the Tyrouge one aswell.

Quilivi
17th May 2008, 2:20 AM
I like the Tyrouge Method the best, the evolution all depends on how you raised them. :3

PKMN Legend Anthony
17th May 2008, 12:14 PM
level up 10char

Luxray_Masta_211
17th May 2008, 12:43 PM
I like level-up evolutions, because to me they have more logic, as Pokémon grow. Although the others are creative as well.

Ikito
17th May 2008, 12:43 PM
Level Up ftw.

Noheart
17th May 2008, 1:57 PM
Just Leveling up, so you dont have to do all the other crap :D

sitekickdude1432
17th May 2008, 4:29 PM
wow the area evomethod... its so unique so different

^_^+ its SWEET!!!!!

$Cash$
17th May 2008, 4:29 PM
Evolution stones.. i'm a lazy guy

ash5550
17th May 2008, 4:35 PM
Level Up ftw.

TENCHARLIMIT

Absol trainer
17th May 2008, 5:33 PM
The good old level up method gets my vote

Doti
18th May 2008, 8:35 PM
Just about any method besides trading. I don't know anyone who has D/P or even a DS, since I have both Diamond and Pearl. No stores I've ever been to sell a Wi-Fi connector. Meaning I'll never get to train a Rhyperior, Electivire, etc. :(

Shinobi5878
19th May 2008, 5:34 AM
I prefer leveling up...its just easier...cept tyranatar/dragonite/metagross/garchomp...they take forever...worth it though...

Apollo527
19th May 2008, 8:34 PM
The old fasion way level them on up. :D

hideki101
19th May 2008, 8:58 PM
Leveling is the best, hands down.

the absolute worst IMO would be trading or trading with an item. both prevent getting some of the stronger pokemon without access to Wi-Fi or another person with a DS

Dark-Oracle
19th May 2008, 9:38 PM
I prefer to Level Up my pokemon.

hello moto
20th May 2008, 8:47 AM
So level up is the most favorite, i always found it preety boring but it is easy and the most traditional.

I am surprised that trading got some votes ( 2), i dislike that, it limits what pokemon you have, especially when you are older gamer and don't have friends who play pokemon, and don't have Wi-fi.

Winter02
20th May 2008, 7:17 PM
Stones.
It's very handy and easy to use.

Mega Weavile
20th May 2008, 10:14 PM
I like the evolution stones

Marco612
21st May 2008, 12:52 AM
I like leveling up stones and happiness evolution methods.
u also forget certain time of day evolutions
and gender evolutions

Marco612
21st May 2008, 1:12 AM
I like leveling up stones and happiness evolution methods.
u also forget certain time of day evolutions
and gender evolutions

LightingKimba
21st May 2008, 4:08 AM
The one I'm used to dealing with was always leveling up. The one I pick for lulz is happiness. I seem to be the most unkind person ever, yet I somehow evolve my pokémon in that way. :p

Cryptozoologist
21st May 2008, 5:41 AM
Bait And Switch- Have your weakest Poke in front than immediately switch to a stronger Poke.

Patman
21st May 2008, 1:07 PM
levelling is the best way i think...all the others are annoying or weird (although i don't mind the stones...but the trading annoys me)

MyTwistedLight
22nd May 2008, 3:16 AM
I prefer leveling up, followed by stones...

Discharge
23rd May 2008, 2:28 PM
I personaly like the tyrogue way, little more randomness in it (allthough can be cheated) and almost all pokemon should have more than 1 evolving tree. That would make pokemon even more interesting.

I also love how magnezone evolves. Kinda reminds me of some pokemon episode about 9 years back from here D:

Turtwig Master
23rd May 2008, 3:51 PM
Level up

10char

King Lawliet
23rd May 2008, 9:57 PM
The feebass way, annoying but credit for originality

Its.NiGHT.Now
24th May 2008, 2:58 PM
Yeah, I like the variety, but alot of us don't have WiFi/Friends with the game/Another DS w/ Ranger so it's almost impossible to get the national dex without hacking.
Leveling up is so easy, and old fashioned xD

Flamestar
24th May 2008, 7:01 PM
I train most of my Pokemon by leveling them up. It's the most traditional way and you have the most control of what your Pokemon learns. Plus, your friendship with your Pokemon grows as well. The rest of the time I use evolution stones to get them to their final form.

One Dollar
25th May 2008, 1:57 PM
Level up is quite nice, but sometimes it is kinda boring (Tyranitar, Salamence, Dragonite)...

Evolution Stones aren't so nice, but at least they are fast...

Magmar Master
25th May 2008, 3:09 PM
I voted feebas becuase its fun

although tyrogure would be fun evolving if you didn't know how it worked

Lament
25th May 2008, 3:34 PM
The Glac/Leafeon evolution idea was a good innovation, IMO. But Friendship evo is my fave. No drawbacks move-wise, like with the stones. The only bad thing is that you have to walk loads, get massages, the soothe bell...-_-

Dither1
25th May 2008, 3:49 PM
right now I'm trying to complete my pokedex so I like pokemon that evolve with a certain stone because its easiest and quickest

palkia787
25th May 2008, 4:41 PM
my favourite way of evolving pokemon is levling them up

rangersgreg
25th May 2008, 5:35 PM
Levelling up, it's the traditional way. I suppose the Feebas way is to challenge players and reward them with an amazing Pokemon, Milotic.

rangersgreg
25th May 2008, 5:35 PM
Levelling up, it's the traditional way. I suppose the Feebas way is to challenge players and reward them with an amazing Pokemon, Milotic.

rangersgreg
25th May 2008, 5:36 PM
Levelling up, it's the traditional way. I suppose the Feebas way is to challenge players and reward them with an amazing Pokemon, Milotic

rangersgreg
25th May 2008, 5:36 PM
Levelling up, it's the traditional way. I suppose the Feebas way is to challenge players and reward them with an amazing Pokemon, Milotic

rangersgreg
25th May 2008, 5:37 PM

rangersgreg
25th May 2008, 5:40 PM

Lament
25th May 2008, 7:00 PM
Hi rangersgreg. Nice multiple posting there. =]
Anyway, You missed friendship off the poll.
I liked the Area evolution as a second favorite, but you might not get the levels you want, since the amount of Exp revolves around the Pokémon in that area. =/

The Tyrogue way was too fiddly for my liking.

Kyogre35
25th May 2008, 10:47 PM
I voted for Evolution stone so you can choose when and if you wnt to evolve the Poke.

Redblood012
26th May 2008, 8:58 AM
area level ups are interesting to me too bad that there are not alot that can be done

PokEMoNMastER595
26th May 2008, 9:03 AM
I like the certain move the best because it gives the Pokemon a move for its evo. My second fav is level up because it is the classic.

honey_clover112
26th May 2008, 11:01 AM
Totally Level up and Evo Stones. Evo stones are easier. And leveling up is boring to do, but at least the hard work pays off? ;D

;006;

goldfan
26th May 2008, 11:20 AM
Looking at the poll resuts I'd say it's pretty eunanemous for leveling up, LV FTW!

garydavexxx
26th May 2008, 3:54 PM
Does any one have a link for a step by step guide to ev training?

PedroTheDude
26th May 2008, 5:22 PM
Levelling up as after your Pokemon evolves you feel satisfied that you earned it.

MasterTrainer_J
26th May 2008, 6:09 PM
u forgot to add happy level evolution

aerisLana
27th May 2008, 11:07 AM
My kind of method is leveling up Pokemon. Although I also use some certain stones/items to evolve my Pokemon, I level the Pokemon in their early stage first. Then, once they learned the skill that they really need, that's the time when I evolve them using an item.

--wishmaker
27th May 2008, 12:00 PM
I'd say levelling up - the natural way.
I don't mind stone evolutions.
Personally I dislike trade evolutions because it's impossible if you have no one to trade with.
Also knowing a certain move or area evolution, but that's probably just because I don't lke the Pokemon that evolve in those ways. :P

fireblast_10
27th May 2008, 3:49 PM
I like evolving by stones. It's SO much easier. However the stones are annoying to get, it takes ages...but still, I have loads of each now so it doesn't bother me lol.

Rokroad
27th May 2008, 4:08 PM
Lvl up, I hate the trading part !

starterlover1
28th May 2008, 1:07 AM
Contest condition is the best. Not only do you get an excellent contest pokemon, but you end up with an amazing pokemon in general - Milotic. It's quite unique.

Titan
18th June 2008, 5:56 PM
I go with old school leveling up! It just seems like it's the way things should be done. But I guess I like evolution stones a little too.

buttbug
18th June 2008, 6:01 PM
Level up.

I really dislike the stones. I don't want a level 5 Arcanine that only learns 1 attack. :P

I also don't really like trading, because my Pokemon will hate me for it when I get them back :( Besides, I feel like I wasted a rare item if I evolve, let's say, Scyther into Scizor without the Scizor having a good nature and good moves, etc.

Chilling Blastoise
19th June 2008, 11:24 AM
Wow I didn't think somone would post about this.I like the leveling up simple way.

SHUCKLE MAN
19th June 2008, 2:32 PM
I like levelling up, but I also like 'The Tyrogue way'. It gets us to think about EVs while we're training him up to get what we want.

Sharks Shouldn't Fly
19th June 2008, 4:44 PM
I like leveling up; it's probably my favorite way-it's very straightforward.

I don't like stone evolutions much because evolved forms tend to not leanr new attacks. >>

and now that I've learned the trick to trade evolutions in the GTS, I like those a lot more. :'D (Whoooooo, Kingdra and Gorebyss! X3 )

Argon
3rd July 2008, 3:12 AM
Ar: I like levelling up my pokemon to get them to evolve. It took a long time to get a Garchomp, but there was some pride in it...

Fire Hero
3rd July 2008, 11:41 AM
Level up is the best way. Easy and fun. I like hapiness too because it has the susprise element (when you're not checking the Pokétch every minute).

spidey7000
3rd July 2008, 11:51 AM
I like Evoloving pokemon using stones. Its the easiest!

SharpedoX
3rd July 2008, 1:40 PM
For me, the best evolution method would be good old level-up, but evolution from hapiness is 2nd and area level up is 3rd.

Raptor ruler
3rd July 2008, 2:02 PM
I like stones because it's usually a break from training your Pokemon and you complete the DEX Faster

Artica
3rd July 2008, 2:29 PM
stone because its faster :P

Larry
3rd July 2008, 5:04 PM
the classic level up is my favorite...

groovitational snubbul
7th July 2008, 8:40 AM
i rekon da tyrouge way. it makes sense

Hakajin
7th July 2008, 10:29 AM
I kind of like evolution stones, for some reason. I always feel like I'm evolving them too fast, but... it's just kind of exciting when you finally use it. And I liked the edition of new stones in the 4th gen. I also like evolving by leveling up... but I hate evolving by trading. No one really trades Pokemon like that permanently, they just trade and trade back. I think it's kind of pointless.

Momentalwolf
8th July 2008, 7:28 AM
Leveling up because you train it to a high level unlike my lvl 3 leafeon and trading is the worst way ever since you can trade them at any level

BoneBurry
8th July 2008, 12:55 PM
i just love the tyrogue way :P
i'm making hitmonlees and hitmonchans and hitmontops the whole time :P
kinda fun and they sell good XD

Blake.S
8th July 2008, 3:26 PM
I like place because It is sort of like the pokmon is adapting to the environment. And they didn't mention happiness.

bob_starnock
8th July 2008, 4:11 PM
i think area level up works really nicely, but probably only for pkmn with alternate evolutions. the standard is still a lot of fun

Otter16
8th July 2008, 4:40 PM
I like level up, but i think area level up is a very cool new way to evolve.

Darkvolt
8th July 2008, 5:01 PM
I like leveling Pokémon up best. I know, I'm old-fashioned. xD Besides that, my next favorite is evolution stones. You can control exactly when you want the Pokémon to evolve without having to press the B Button or give it an Everstone. Plus Growlithe evolves that way, and I love Growlithe. xD

ShinyPalkia
8th July 2008, 5:32 PM
Actually, the evolution method that I like most is the "area level up". You can evolve your Pokemon when you want and it gives some nice special meaning for the place if there's Pokemons who can evolve only there.

cecil
9th July 2008, 11:24 AM
The area lv-up evolution, something new and interesting to be brought here... Although leveling up normally is simpler.

Slain_the_Weavile
9th July 2008, 11:54 AM
Leveling up to a certain level. Always and forever will be my favorite way of evolution.

Arande
9th July 2008, 12:53 PM
The good ol leveling up way. Though stones aren't that bad, and knowing a certain move can be useful to have pokes evolve at low levels, (IE: easy way to breed to get lv 1 yammas that know hypnosis and ancient power)

Trading at all is the worst cause: A) you have to be able to trade to begin with, and B) The other person may not necessarily trade you back <_<

Slain_the_Weavile
9th July 2008, 1:07 PM
In order, 1 being my favorite, here's the ways I like best (even though I already mentioned what I liked best I just thought I might mention which comes in 2nd and 3rd and whatnot).

1) Leveling up
2) Stones
3) Certain move
4) Area
5) Specific Pokémon
6) Tyrogue way
7) Feebas way

As you can see, I hate the last two ways.

Grovyle_Fan
9th July 2008, 1:34 PM
Definitely the level-up way. It's the original way and when your pokemon finally evolves you are rewarded for your hard training

Boomguy
9th July 2008, 2:12 PM
leveling up is the easiest ways

instead of trading have level up with items

Stones are really needed for some evolutions, like Eevee and Gloom

_outrage
9th July 2008, 4:47 PM
lvl up. definetly not the easiest way or the most efficient, but its definetly the most rewarding. stats-wise.

Cutthroat
16th July 2008, 8:43 AM
I like leveling up because you definately get more enjoyment out of it when you've actually trained the pokemon and put in the effort. :]

groovitational skiing9867
16th July 2008, 12:39 PM
i hate the trading with items cuz
A. your pokemon hates you
B. you lose the item

i like the area evolution and the specific move one

AEROBLASTER
16th July 2008, 10:12 PM
Leveling up just gives me more excitement than the other methods. I also feel more accomplished.

groovitational snubbul
16th July 2008, 11:10 PM
i stick by the tyrouge way it makes sence, if you have more attack you get one, more defence another and if stats are equal you get hitmontop!!

Amonitas
16th July 2008, 11:33 PM
I want some new pokemon to evolve by trading without the damn items, I love machoke, haunter, and kadabra for the reason.

Nicholas95
17th July 2008, 9:00 AM
I like trading, because it's the easiest way to evolve am I right?

HarleyScarow
18th July 2008, 4:33 AM
Any method in which it's possible to get a Level 1 or 2 Pokemon of its highest stage, like Porygon-Z.

Steven ain't my even
18th July 2008, 5:15 AM
The area lvl up is probably the easiest, you could use just one rare candy and get a evolution without having to track it's EVs

Shygirlfrumfl
18th July 2008, 5:31 AM
The best evolution method imo is leveling up it doesnt take that long to do really. =/ I also like using the evolution stones they're useful to use if you really want to evolve your Pokemon quickly.

Cutty
18th July 2008, 1:51 PM
Level up, the traditional way, thank you.

My least fave is Feebas way. I luv Milotic tho.
More b/c I hate making poffin and planting berries.

shinygroudon232
18th July 2008, 6:01 PM
Area level up, certain move level up, all of the new and intricate ways of evolution are probably my favorites. But, you guys forgot about the best one, the shedinja method!!

pokemaniac10
18th July 2008, 7:02 PM
I like the good old level up to certain level best. makes me feel like I accomplished something.
I personnaly hate the trade evolutions(not the pokemons themselves, Gengar rules.) but I have no friends that live close to me with a link cable,wireless adapter, and there like 5 miles from me and school is the best place to trade my pokemons to them, but its WAAY too risky. the GTS makes it easier so thats good. but I still hate trade evolutions. tyrouge one seems cool but getting that hitmontop seems hard. the Feebas way seems annoying, but Milotic is awesome so that makes up for it. thats pretty much my opinions. dont mind if you like trade evolutions, but I personnaly hate it.

EeveeSkitty
19th July 2008, 12:35 PM
Level up. So simple to do. I hate the Trade with item one because before WI-FI was here I had no one to trade with becuase no one at school liked it or had a gameboy and link cord. I still don't like it much. Of course next is move lv up. It is great when you can evolve so low lv and quickly. With the EXP share it is quite interesting to see a Lv 1 pokemon gain the exp. Bob grew to Lv 2, Bob grew to Lv 3, Bob grew to Lv 4 etc. I took one to the elite four...he he

Milover
23rd July 2008, 1:23 PM
I prefer using the stones in D/P I have so many!!! what do I do with them???? i do wish that the creators would come up with more pokemon to use them

Steven ain't my even
23rd July 2008, 7:46 PM
The only trouble with the stones is that the new ones are so hard to find now.

Shiny_Gible
23rd July 2008, 7:50 PM
I prefer the good old level up, although i find the area level ups cool too.

Blivsey
24th July 2008, 5:13 AM
Good ol' level up. Easiest to remember.

I would choose Evo. stones, but somehow I can never find enough water stones, whereas I have plenty of spare Fire, Leaf and Thunder Stones. In other words, the need for the stones is not evenly distributed. Only two Pokémon use Thunder Stones, whereas something like ten need Water Stones. Ugh.

Also, Friend Evolution is highly irritating.

Zesqio
24th July 2008, 4:47 PM
Level up is good, and I like the idea of leveling up with attacks. I find happiness obnoxious. I spent too long evolving Munchlax to Snorlax to get that one Poketch app.

Zesqio
24th July 2008, 4:53 PM
Level up is good, and I like the idea of leveling up with attacks. I find happiness obnoxious. I spent too long evolving Munchlax to Snorlax to get that one Poketch app.

Elite Four Muadita
24th July 2008, 4:57 PM
hapiness and move are my favorite

NINJA PENGUIN
24th July 2008, 5:06 PM
i like stones no effort no bother.. only downside new stones are hard to get, eg shiny, dawn and dusk

goo_lord
25th July 2008, 7:37 PM
leveling is the best!

goo_lord
25th July 2008, 7:39 PM
leveling is the best!

yungurban
27th July 2008, 2:39 AM
leveling is by far the best and least annoying

greategret
27th July 2008, 3:59 AM
What about happiness

redx125
27th July 2008, 4:29 AM
leveling its the most logical

Mamoswine Power
31st July 2008, 6:16 PM
Leveling up is my favorite way, Its the easiest way and you can do it anytime you want.

deltapiplupx
2nd August 2008, 12:53 AM
level up or friendship is the easest
Level up all you have to do is battle
friendship all you have to to is walk with them

EmpoleonRules
3rd August 2008, 5:43 AM
Leveling up its the old fashion way

Ms. Mime
4th August 2008, 3:19 AM
I like to level up my Pokemon, followed by using stones.

It is great when you can evolve so low lv and quickly. With the EXP share it is quite interesting to see a Lv 1 pokemon gain the exp. Bob grew to Lv 2, Bob grew to Lv 3, Bob grew to Lv 4 etc. I took one to the elite four...he he

I did that once. My Pokemon evolved from lv.1 to lv. 20 in the first battle, and I was like "When does this end?!"

mewfanforlife
5th August 2008, 4:29 AM
I like level up because I often neglect to train Pokemon I evolve other ways.

JMS719
5th August 2008, 5:02 AM
I prefer leveling up because I'm used to it by now. I hate trade evolution the most!

Magnezone2022
5th August 2008, 8:48 PM
Level up. Level up in location. Stones. Level up w/ move. They're all easy, even the stones, once you find the right stone.

WynautQueen
6th August 2008, 3:01 AM
I love evolving Pokemon with stones. There's something about presenting a beloved Pokemon with a gem that makes it evolve that's elegant and poignant.

graymonkey0
6th August 2008, 5:11 PM
the best has to be leveling up
even though its more work its more fun knowing you raised him up

SapphireSwampert
6th August 2008, 9:05 PM
I eneded up liking Area Level up, since...um, it's different?It's pretty cool they'd do something like that...

Roserawr
6th August 2008, 11:00 PM
I like both leveling up and using stones. . . .

Or els I wouldn't evolve my Roselia </3

Ayak22
7th August 2008, 1:14 AM
I think It's pretty amazing how ninjask evolves into a different pokemon depending on whether you have a space in the party or not.
Either that, or area evolution, which is amazing.

WishmakerX
7th August 2008, 3:15 AM
I think It's pretty amazing how ninjask evolves into a different pokemon depending on whether you have a space in the party or not.
Either that, or area evolution, which is amazing.

I love the nincada way to evolution. They really need to make more evolutions like that.

Birds of Paradise
7th August 2008, 5:00 AM
My favorite is by evolutions stones, especially since I like a lot of the pokemon that evolve by the stones. My next favorite would be leveling up, since they learn moves while they are at it. I hate evolution by trade+item, since I only have one ds and I'm too scared of loosing my pokemon on wifi. I did meet one very nice and honest person who helped me evolve my electabuzz into electivire, and I even got to hold their electivire as the hostage pokemon until we traded back. Location evolution is ok, so long as they dont make the future locations deep in a cave. I have less patience walking all the way into and out of the cave. Luckily I don't particularly like many of the pokemon that evolve by a certain move. And I love evolution based on mood (espeon and umbreon ^-^)

Icy_Snorunt
16th August 2008, 10:48 PM
My favorite has got to be Happiness!
^_^
It makes me happy to know I trained him/her well and likes me (although it is just a game)

Shadow Tepi 8
17th August 2008, 6:59 AM
I like evolution by stones, happiness and area evolution because Eevee evolves in each of thos ways. After that will probably be by level-up.

burgaz62
17th August 2008, 10:50 AM
i like happiness the best because you have to show it likes you enough, and that can take time

Blurrz
17th August 2008, 10:57 AM
Lvling up. All those other methods either take way too much time, or your movepool becomes abysmal.

pkmn_luver_95
17th August 2008, 11:44 PM
I think the area leveling up is so cool.

It makes sense. =D

Dig-kun
18th August 2008, 2:10 AM
The best is leveling up
Well, it´s a way you get more happier with the results, you have been training it and working hard for it to evolve.

For example, the evolution stones are just to use, no work

The tyrogue way, is kinda complicated cuz it has lots of evo and if the person looks for one and dunno what´s gonna turn to what, it can lose its IVs, for example.

The feebas way, is not discovered by anyone, if it wasn´t famous.
I would never know it at my sapphire without getting searching

Leveling up at a certain area, it´s not really hard and ther´s not work, excluding going to the area (What a hard thing)

Trading is not good (at least for me) cuz I don´t know practically anybody that has a DS, just few and rarely talk to them. So, I have to look for in here, and sometimes the time hour doesn´t allow me to trade.

Well, th best one is the leveling up

RK Blaze
19th August 2008, 7:09 AM
Leveling up, learning moves, then area leveling. I hate trade evolution, because in previous gen games once you got your Pokemon traded back, they didn't know you anymore. I'm not sure if it's the same in this game...

Kwill
20th August 2008, 10:45 AM
I like the evolution stones the best.

DevilPunk
20th August 2008, 1:18 PM
trading w/o item ^^ it's awesome :P

JohtoPwns
20th August 2008, 3:35 PM
I like the leveling up method most ..

MetalHarpey
20th August 2008, 3:42 PM
Well I like the trading method
I was never able to trade with anyone before,
but now I can and I love it!
Especially when they evolve!!

Umbreon-dana
20th August 2008, 3:43 PM
I like Area Evolutions, for a few reasons really:
1. I like all of these Pokemon
2. It's simple and easy, just be in a place (Route 217, Eterna Forest, etc.) and level up, no required moves or happiness or stones.

-Giga-
20th August 2008, 11:01 PM
The Tyrogue way is the coolest by far.
But my favorite are the classic Evolution Stones.

Melloyu
22nd August 2008, 1:54 PM
the leveling up method is the easiest of them all, don't need too do extra stuff, just level them up :D

Wulava
22nd August 2008, 4:28 PM
I'm more into hard-earned accomplishments so, it is no doubt that the best way to evolve a Pokemon is through "leveling up". So, I totally agree with Melloyu. My Pokemon should undergo serious training to reach a certain level for evolution and that's quite an achievement.

"Leveling up" a Pokemon is part of every evolution method. You can't evolve without it, however with the exception of "Evolution Stones", especially Eevee. Area-specific, Trading, Party Pokemon-specific, Move-specific, Feebas/Tyrogue, and Happiness (not included in the poll) evolutions all require leveling up.

Maruno
22nd August 2008, 6:07 PM
Does trading require levelling up? I know you can have a legitimate Porygon-Z at Level 1, and that needs to be traded twice.

Level up
Level up in a specific area
Level up with a held item
Level up with max beauty
Level up when happy
Level up when happy at a certain time of day
Level up when a certain gender (at a given level or higher)
Level up knowing a certain move
Level up with space in party
Level up with specific pokémon in party
Evolution stone
Trading
Trading with held item

That's all the evolutionary methods (I'm not considering the Tyrogue effect, where the stats/personality value affect what it evolves into - the method is still level up). Most of them involve levelling up, but not all of them.

Night Shadow
22nd August 2008, 10:13 PM
I like trading pokemon with an item

PKMNfossilfreak
23rd August 2008, 12:53 PM
The normal level-up method is nice and normal( XD ),
but the item-trade-method is cool and all the other one's are also very nice:
it adds a lot of depth in the way of Pokemon-training! :-)

HOMG
24th August 2008, 5:54 AM
I prefer evo stones and trading because some people...like myself...made the mistake of leveling rare shinies up to level 100 without considering that there may be a new evolution of it in the next generation...PLEASE LET TOXICROAKS NEXT EVO BE WITH A STONE!

golduck#1
24th August 2008, 6:38 AM
i say level up or stones or trading. i like stones the best. dont no why tho

Hamo
24th August 2008, 6:42 AM
if you are a competitive battlerer what way is to lvl them up other then by lvling up..okay that didn't sound right so for most of us fighting trainers to lvl up is how competitive battlers lvl up i mean if they challenge some random trainer who gives a lot of EXP their Evs can get messed up seriously

the_showstopper
24th August 2008, 7:12 AM
I prefer stones. They're easy to get in FRLG (just buy em) and you can get stones easily in the underground. I don't see why so many people like leveling up to evolve though. I hated it when i have to get my dragonair up to lv 55 to evolve it T_T.
Trading with or without item just sucks... and the worst part is LOTS of good pokes eveolve using that method. Can't we be anti social and still have good pokes? What if someone cheats you of a pokemon?

amodestSNORLAX
25th August 2008, 5:19 AM
I like leveling up the best but after that having a pokemon know a certain move is cool too.

Parasite
25th August 2008, 8:53 AM
Stones are the best! Eevee and its evoulutions are the best!

freeganXL
25th August 2008, 4:03 PM
I prefer levelling up and stones. I hate having to trade (purely because I don't have anyone else to trade with and haven't gotten the wi-fi set up). Actually I don't really like any of the other methods shown on the list above. Levelling Up and Stones ftw!

shinystaraptor
27th August 2008, 2:56 AM
i personally like the stones because they are the quickest

mew801
27th August 2008, 9:14 AM
i like to level up the best caus its so much more fulfilling!! and its kool watching your pokemon evolve!

Blueties
28th August 2008, 11:39 PM
Tyrogue method.

Because its by far, the most interesting one

shinystaraptor
29th August 2008, 1:01 AM
i personally love the old level up
it reminds me of my first pokemon game yellow

Gengargangster
30th August 2008, 3:54 PM
ja, ook mijn eerste pokemon-game was pokemon yellow, en ook ik houd er meer van om pokemon gewoon op de oude manier te trainen, net als vroeger...

yeah, my first pokemon-game was pokemon yellow too, and my favorite way to evolve pokemon is just to level them up, just like the old times, yeah...

shinystaraptor
30th August 2008, 4:16 PM
the best evolution method is happiness
all pokemon should have to evolve by happiness

Indragon
30th August 2008, 8:03 PM
Well, I personally have a liking for the good ole level up - simple, fun and rewarding :)

but then, tyrogue and milotic get a mention for being really innovative

Faerie
30th August 2008, 8:12 PM
I'm a sucker for the old "level up" method. It's more satisfying than the others.

Atoyont
30th August 2008, 10:48 PM
Leveling up is definitely the simplest and easiest form to remember.

For me, trade-with-Item is the worst, because, typically, there's only one of the item needed per game.

Unknown Egg
30th August 2008, 11:45 PM
I definitely like the stones the best. I'm lazy :P.

Dragon_Type_Master
31st August 2008, 2:28 AM
I definatly like level-up. It seems more rewarding. :D

(s.i.e)
31st August 2008, 1:35 PM
i prever to use the stones, easy to get and easy to use, that's why the most eeveelutions are very comfortable for ingame use.

klonoa
1st September 2008, 3:55 PM
I like the having to learn a certain move, its like a level up but it gives the pokemon abot more a background story, i.e. the whole 'ancient power' evolution set.

EspeonMaster
3rd September 2008, 2:37 PM
I prefer the level up method

EspeonMaster
3rd September 2008, 2:37 PM
EDIT:Sorry for the double post.

Sodo_Rocket
3rd September 2008, 11:16 PM
Level up- It's simple and gives you a chance to see how the pokemon fights.

tg84654
29th September 2008, 5:03 AM
i like to level up cause you get to learn different moves along the way and decide if you want to evolve with the moves you have or level up more to learn a move at an earlier level then if you evolve.

defno
29th September 2008, 6:22 AM
I say leveling up because you work for it but not too much, its just right.