PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Movies

DIARUGA Trainer
26th April 2008, 3:47 AM
What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? (can be more than one if necessary)

EmbersBackUpSinger
26th April 2008, 3:48 AM
uhmm really no movie is scary to me.

chitchatcrap
26th April 2008, 3:54 AM
ello america! gawd save the kween!

hevver
26th April 2008, 4:00 AM
The Hills Have Eyes (2005)
Amityville Horror (2005)
I Am Legend
The Grudge

Dattebayo
26th April 2008, 4:46 AM
Sleepy Hollow, enough said.

Sk@rmory288
26th April 2008, 5:00 AM
None, so far.

I need a challenge, lol.

gtab x3
26th April 2008, 5:11 AM
One missed call was somewhat scary

DIARUGA Trainer
26th April 2008, 5:13 AM
One missed call was somewhat scary

was that even any good? all the reviews I read said it was crappy

gtab x3
26th April 2008, 5:45 AM
the ending was because at the end you are like what just happened?

Rave
26th April 2008, 6:18 AM
I heard the first and old version of The Omen, is some pretty scary ****.

hevver
26th April 2008, 7:00 AM
I heard the first and old version of The Omen, is some pretty scary ****.

Yeah but IMO the new one is better.
The problem with the new one is that the
boy looked annoying.

The Exorcist.
That movie made people faint in
its first show. It's pretty disturbing, especially
the Director's Cut.

Valkyrie X
26th April 2008, 7:06 AM
Halloween (old one) scared the piss out of me when I first watched it. :/

crazyW01f816
26th April 2008, 7:17 AM
All old horror movies are scary, today's scary movie's are just ridiculous nonsense.

Valkyrie X
26th April 2008, 4:45 PM
All old horror movies are scary, today's scary movie's are just ridiculous nonsense.

Qft. The only "recent" horror movies that were scary at all were The Ring and The Grudge. Everything else just...failed (Prom Night anyone?).

Halloween still tops my list, though...But I do believe The Exorcist deserves a mention for all the shock it spread in its day.

FlareonJupiter
26th April 2008, 5:09 PM
Carrie (1976)

Don't know who was scarier - Carrie after she gets the blood dumped on her, or her mother with that butcher knife!

hammy_ham_ham
26th April 2008, 6:02 PM
Carrie (1976)

Don't know who was scarier - Carrie after she gets the blood dumped on her, or her mother with that butcher knife!

I have to agree- the sight of her covered in the blood going down into the flames is quite memorable, as is her mother being crucified by kitchen utensils.
But I think the most charged bit in the movie is when she's trying to take away her mother's body and pretend it isn't real, but her mother's hand is still stabbed into the wall.

Although, I did laugh briefly when it occurred to me that her mother was right- the dress was red. Eventually.

WestCoastNinja
27th April 2008, 8:44 AM
I dont get scared by movies. >_>

Azure Wolf
27th April 2008, 8:47 AM
Exorcist
The Grudge
The Ring.

Ethan
27th April 2008, 8:54 AM
Pinhead( Or was it pinface?) Enough to give grown men nightmares.

Geist
27th April 2008, 9:52 AM
And nobody mentions Alien? I'm disappointed.

ForeverFlame
27th April 2008, 7:04 PM
The Little Mermaid used to scare me when I was a little kid! :3

Gentleman Skeleton
27th April 2008, 7:34 PM
The only movie to ever scare the living **** out of me was The Thing. I've seen The Exorcist at ten, The Omen at eleven, Child's Play at eight, even The Shining at thirteen and none of them scared me as much as The Thing.

noobers
27th April 2008, 8:46 PM
Qft. The only "recent" horror movies that were scary at all were The Ring and The Grudge. Everything else just...failed (Prom Night anyone?).

Halloween still tops my list, though...But I do believe The Exorcist deserves a mention for all the shock it spread in its day.

I didn't care too much for The Grudge, but I loved how The Ring used little gore and was still scary (unlike some filmmakers who believe mindless gore is always scary).

I'd say The Exorcist was the scariest movie I've ever seen.

~Hikari~
28th April 2008, 3:35 AM
the only movie that can ever scare me is The Extorcict

Carlisle
28th April 2008, 3:38 AM
Halloween (old one) scared the piss out of me when I first watched it. :/

Omfg yes. I saw that in the 6th grade and it seriously scared the **** out of me. Now it's one of my favorite movies. Some parts of it still creep me out.

....and I'm so obessed with the movie I've looked up the houses in it. ..Yep, right on 1537 Orange Grove...LA...the house Annie baby sat in...on for sale...>> Though, it looks completely renovated...
http://1537orangegrove.com/

HK
28th April 2008, 10:34 PM
It's a toss-up between Alien and Poltergeist, really. The former is more consistent, but the latter is the only occasion when I actually hid my eyes behind my hands (THAT ****ING CLOWN DOLL!).

Mr. Fudge
2nd May 2008, 9:17 PM
The Exorcist, by far. Though the Chucky movies used to freak me out when I was younger.

Rave
2nd May 2008, 9:28 PM
It's a toss-up between Alien and Poltergeist, really. The former is more consistent, but the latter is the only occasion when I actually hid my eyes behind my hands (THAT ****ING CLOWN DOLL!).

I fail to see how Alien is such a scary movie.

bobjr
2nd May 2008, 9:34 PM
I fail to see how Alien is such a scary movie.

I guess it has the whole trapped in space without a way to escape appeal.

Phantom Gardevoir
3rd May 2008, 7:53 PM
Stephen King's IT. OMG, that movie scared the **** outta me. The ending was ridiculous, though.

The original Halloween scares me, too. And anything with Chucky, Freddy Kreuger, and The Ring. Also anything that concerns the devil (Exorcist, Omen, etc...)

...I actually scare pretty easily, lol.

Brettt
3rd May 2008, 8:11 PM
Not that scary of a movie, but Vacancy for me. Not the fact that it was a scary thriller, the movie itself didn't scare me at all, but the fact that Snuff videos like that exist in real life scared the living sh!t out of me.

I don't particularly like scary movies, I get scared easily, and I can never get it out of my head.

diamondrulez
3rd May 2008, 9:39 PM
"It' scared the urine out of me, literally, now I am afraid of clowns. "White Noise" was pretty scary too

Narutopokedude
3rd May 2008, 10:55 PM
Cloverfield

Only because it would be so realistic (you know, if a monster attacked) ^-^

diamondrulez
3rd May 2008, 11:11 PM
Cloverfield

Only because it would be so realistic (you know, if a monster attacked) ^-^

tis true. tis true indeed

Lord Scalgon
4th May 2008, 4:10 AM
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky.

Just YouTube search it. I don't even think I should explain it.

diamondrulez
4th May 2008, 5:07 AM
Iron Man

9/10

Awesome movie, very well done. I love the weapons used and the amount of 'realism'

A must see

that movie scared you? You also wrote it in the form of the "Last Movie you saw" thread

Narutopokedude
4th May 2008, 5:19 AM
that movie scared you? You also wrote it in the form of the "Last Movie you saw" thread

Oops, I thought I was in another thread. *deletes other post*

And no, Iron Man didn't scare me, lol ^^

Mystify
4th May 2008, 5:40 AM
Aliens

It's not even a horror movie, but I saw it when I was very young. I couldn't get to sleep for months.

xXMew~LucarioXx
4th May 2008, 5:46 AM
Stigmata

A movie about Jesus torching a girl for not believing in God. D: Scarred me for life!

SkinnySweatyMan
4th May 2008, 6:47 AM
1408 hands down. I don't really see how The Ring is scary, but a lot of people are scared by it. It's not the events that are scary, but it's scary psychologically.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
4th May 2008, 7:10 AM
The one movie that really got to me was Species. That is really the only movie that scared me, I had horrible nightmares for days. The other ones I've seen didn't faze me much, or not close what I saw Species.

XSilverStarboyX
4th May 2008, 7:16 AM
This may sound really stupid but Grizzly Rage was the last movie to scare me. I guess its because a bear really can attack you, I have to walk at night a lot, everyone died in the movie;152;

aquajet16
4th May 2008, 8:02 PM
For me it's T-Rex 3D. This is a 3D film I've watched about Dinosaurs. I find it scary because, due to the 3D effect, I think that the dinosaur on screen is right in front of me. Like it was gonna eat me.

Weezing110
5th May 2008, 12:07 AM
Shutter the Thai version was pretty scary. I haven't seen the American version though, but I'm sure its more scary.

absoluteSoul
5th May 2008, 12:32 AM
The Ring. It scared me so much that I refuse to see any oblong-shaped mirrors for about 2 weeks... Oh, and take phone calls too.

corky677
5th May 2008, 5:46 AM
no movie is scary to me. so none.;078;;165;

Ichi
5th May 2008, 6:25 AM
The Audition was somewhat scary in that 'creepy girlfriend' kind of way.

No new movies could ever scare me. If they're not shitty attempts at originality with lack of any type of terrifying characteristics, they're crappy rehashed older movies that weren't even frightening to begin with.

aquajet16
5th May 2008, 7:42 AM
Add Shutter and I know What You Did Last Summer to the list.

aerisLana
5th May 2008, 6:50 PM
Deep Blue Sea. Oh yes, I hate & fear sharks... and to add that, I'm scared of all the shark movies. But when it comes to monsters, zombies, and etc, I don't get scared easily.

Noria
5th May 2008, 11:39 PM
Seems to me like *some* of the horror films of today try too hard. (I.e. excess blood/gore scenes..)
But maybe that's just me.

I'll say.. those old Friday the 13th films.
EDIT: The last movie to actually give me nightmares, though, was The Ring, which was because of that scene where Samara is finally out of the TV and is just all static-y and suddenly hovers really fast towards Noah.. I don't think I make sense, but yeah. Don't mind me.

Narutopokedude
6th May 2008, 12:53 AM
Hostel, very sick movie...