PDA

View Full Version : The RENT fanclub

Angelic Pika
27th April 2008, 1:52 PM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t96/Sparkie_ChuChu/banners/RENT.png
The one and only: RENT.

[ RENTinfo ]
Rent can be considered a rock musical or an Operetta, with music and lyrics by Jonathan Larson inspired by Giacomo Puccini's opera La Bohème. It tells the story of a group of impoverished young artists and musicians struggling to survive and create in New York's Lower East Side in the thriving days of the Bohemian East Village, under the shadow of AIDS.

In 2005, Rent was also adapted into a motion picture that features most of the original cast members. Certain plot elements were changed slightly, and some of the songs were changed to spoken dialogue. This movie features Rosario Dawson as Mimi and Tracie Thoms as Joanne. The original Mimi Daphne Rubin-Vega was pregnant at the time they were making the movie and the original Joanne Fredi Walker thought she was too old to play Joanne.

[ RENTrules ]
Be sure to read, obey and hug the rules. Never break one or it will result in a ban/strike/kicking arse out of the club.
oo1. Follow all SPPf Rules and Club Rules. Please, they aren't that hard.
oo2. No fighting/flaming please.
oo3. No SPAM-ing, or double/triple/quadruple posting. I like to keep this thread clean.
oo4. Swear words are okay. Keep them to a minimal though.
oo5. One-liners are considered as SPAM so, don't do them.
oo6. When posting screenshots or pictures please put them in spoiler tags if large.
oo7. Shipping talk between cast members are alright, but please don't bash other people's shipping talk.
oo8. Stay on-topic. Yeah you can post bits of off topic-ness but please, have some RENT love in your post.
oo9. When strikers and rule breakers emerge; a list will be made.
o1o. Imagine! Think creativity whenever posting a new topic and such.
o11. Have fun, RENTheads!

[ RENTheads ]
Here are the RENTheads and are the people who are of course in the club. We rock of course.
OWNER • Angelic Pika
CO-OWNER • Mr. Yoshi
MEMBER • Icicle
MEMBER • HyenaHaze
MEMBER • LinksOcarina
MEMBER • Fused

[ RENTgoodies ]
I'll put in whatever awesome goodies everyone has for the club. That includes banners, icons, and the usual trivia and such. :3 They are linked to the maker so.. give credit!
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff224/toXic_1995/RENT.png (http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=79836)

RENT is love, do not deny. ;D
SPPf RENTheads unite! <3

The layout of the first post is made by me. If it seems similar to
your own layout, that would be purely coincedence. Please don't
flame me for that. Pure coincedence, folks AND IF YOU COPY...
THIS, YOU SHALL GO TO [ HELL ]. Love you, guys so -much-.. ;D

Mr. Yoshi
27th April 2008, 2:53 PM
YES! IT GOT APPROVED! Well, yeah, since I'm already in the list... Can I make a topic? O:

Basic topic;
Who's your favorite character in RENT and why?
Angeeeel <3 Hah, he's she's my favorite! Why? Basically because she's the most lively one, and she puts the whole group together! He's the one that ... makes the group the group! She's also the one that caught my eye at Today for You, Tomorrow for Me [or whatever the song was called :/] Santa outfits ftw XD; too bad
she died DDDDD:

I seriously cried at the wake thing when Collins sings I'll cover you [reprise] I was like T_T; -gets goosebumps- Loved it, srsly.

You?

Angelic Pika
27th April 2008, 3:16 PM
I luff Mark Cohen. <3 Total hot guy. *drools* Mark Cohen is awezum love, don't deny. His attitude is just so cool, and how he helps others and how he films! OH GOD I LUFF HOW HE FILMS. <3

Mr. Yoshi: As you may already know, I cried at that part too. D: It was just so .. wrong. WHY?!

And I suggest PM'ing some RENT heads we already know? =coughIciclecough=

Icicle
27th April 2008, 4:59 PM
HI GUYS <3

I want in like.. right now XD! I love RENT. I'm considered one of the biggest RENTheads ever by my few RENThead friends XD! Seen the show on Broadway four times and I saw the tour once. Probably gonna see it again in the near future and will see the tour multiple times next year (ANTHONY RAPP AND ADAM PASCAL ARE GONNA BE IN IT, FTFW <3) >_>;;

To be honest.. it's a tie between Mark and Roger (in bed). Mark because I relate to him so so much. He "hides" behind his camera and is afraid to be left all alone, and I'm pretty much the same but I "hide" behind writing and "drawing" and Roger because he had so much crap go bad in his life as have I and I had a pretty bad vice (cutting not drugs, lol). And um. There you have it :x

Mr. Yoshi
27th April 2008, 5:34 PM
Welcome to the club, Icicle! I'm so jealous of you ;; I haven't seen the Braodway yet. But then, I think the movie'll be better since... recorded voices and stuff. Unless they record the voice of the cast in the Broadway, too. And Tracie Thoms [Joanne / Joan / however you spell it >_>;] isn't in the roadway, and she's, like, my second favorite character D: But if ever they come here, I'll be sure to watch -crosses fingers-

Icicle
27th April 2008, 5:56 PM
Broadway is actually very good. I thought I was gonna hate it because it wasn't the movie cast and it wasn't the movie. But man.. they have good voices ;-;! And it ends on Broadway Sept. 7th ;______________;! (Was supposed to close June 1st, but ticket sales pushed for an extension).

The new tour schedule isn't up on the RENT site (which is here (www.siteforrent.com) btw >>) but if you look around on myspace (or I can get the link) and find Anthony Rapp's myspace he was the tour schedule on his blog there (it's still subject to change though).

And I will agree though.. Tracie Thoms is a great Joanne ;-;! And Rosario is like.. teh best Mimi ever ;-;

Oh, and here's some pics of the main cast outside of the theatre on the last night of Anthony and Adam's Broadway run over the summer here (http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i188/EmoxTenshi/rent100707/) (Okay. It's mostly Anthony.. but like... fangirl here :x). I was so close at the barricade :3~ And I have some videos from that night (zomg, I broke rules :x) here (http://youtube.com/user/RENTheadxIcicle) It's mostly audio for the earlier songs because I was scared of getting caught.. xD;

Angelic Pika
28th April 2008, 3:23 AM
Hi there. *shot*

Clicking your linkies when my internet ISN'T acting stupid >> Crap internet.

Gah, I've always wanted to watch the musical. Must go to America x3 They say the musical has more feeling and blah blah. Is that true? O:

New topic: Which is your favorite song, and why?
Answering later. I am not letting this club die. ;3

HyenaHaze
28th April 2008, 3:41 AM
I'd like to join! I'm a RENT-aholic. *sigh* Best thing ever.
Which is your favorite song, and why?
Uhm, Will I. It's sad.

Maurine. Sexy lesbian booty, etc.

Icicle
28th April 2008, 3:49 AM

More like bisexual. Maureen will screw anything with two legs methinks >>;;

Oh god. That is so hard XD! Um.. right now it's La Vie Boheme (A :x) because it's so up beat and shows like all the cool things about the bohemian life 8D!

And yeah the play has a bit more feeling because it's really them on stage and they really play off the auidiance. Like when I went over the summer the crowd was really into it (because Anthony and Adam being there) so the actors really got into it to get more of a reaction from the crowd 8D

Angelic Pika
28th April 2008, 4:16 AM
HyenaHaze: Welcome to the club. ;3 Any RENT-aholic is welcome. xD

I second that. =shudders=

Yeah, I know that's why I'll just answer it now. x3
For me it's a tie between Another Day and La vie Boheme. Oh my god, Another Day is just so confusing: the other one's angry while the other one's affectionate. x___x; But it's still awesome. Forget regret or Life is yours to miss.. Oh yeah.. La vie Boheme is totally awesome, don't care if A or B. They're just awesome. Lively upbeat. If the house is quiet, I'll hum to it and they'll ask, "What the hell?"

Of course the crowd would be so thrilled. Anthony and Adam <3 =shooooooot= Hmmm, reactions do trigger other actions ..? Bah, but you're right about that. >3

LinksOcarina
28th April 2008, 4:19 AM
I'll join for now. I love the play, plus since it's closing down in two months I will probably see it once more before it goes away for a while. I think I will probably get tickets again before it goes.

As for favorite song, I have to say La Vie Boheme A and B, one of the best songs for the counter culture and for people who love life.

Icicle
28th April 2008, 4:26 AM
I'll join for now. I love the play, plus since it's closing down in two months I will probably see it once more before it goes away for a while. I think I will probably get tickets again before it goes.

Um. It's closing down in like five months now. It got an extension from June 1st to Sept. 7th :3. Wow someone else in my general area that likes RENT XD (I'm In NJ, but closer to the city.)

LinksOcarina
28th April 2008, 4:52 AM
I live in New York anyway, so it's close by.

Angelic Pika
28th April 2008, 5:07 AM
-blows whistle- Please lessen the one-liners, kthx. x3 Make a new topic, or whatever. Just don't do 'em. ;3

LinkOcarina: Welcome to the club. I see a New Yorker, yes? Is it really that horrid in NY? [they said it is. they pertaining to my relatives, family and some friends]

Now, I've seriously run out of topics so you guys make one. xD

Mr. Yoshi
28th April 2008, 5:16 AM
Oh, and here's some pics of the main cast outside of the theatre on the last night of Anthony and Adam's Broadway run over the summer here (http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i188/EmoxTenshi/rent100707/) (Okay. It's mostly Anthony.. but like... fangirl here :x). I was so close at the barricade :3~ And I have some videos from that night (zomg, I broke rules :x) here (http://youtube.com/user/RENTheadxIcicle) It's mostly audio for the earlier songs because I was scared of getting caught.. xD;
OMG YOU RULE BREAKER ;; damn, I wanna have some of my own DDD: Gah, good thing you didn't get caught =3= If you did, then we wouldn't have these videos xPP

I'd like to join! I'm a RENT-aholic. *sigh* Best thing ever.
Uhm, Will I. It's sad.

Welcome to the club, HyenaHaze!

oo; I lol'd.

As for favorite song, I have to say La Vie Boheme A and B, one of the best songs for the counter culture and for people who love life.
Welcome to the club, too~ : D

Um. It's closing down in like five months now. It got an extension from June 1st to Sept. 7th :3. Wow someone else in my general area that likes RENT XD (I'm In NJ, but closer to the city.)
;; I should go there before it closes, but what are the chances :/ That's, like, school time for me DDD: And I live all the way here, in the Philippines T_T; Which sucks, since it's an 18 hour [?] Trip from here to there, and summer vacation's almost over D:

Hm, damn, that's hard. Another Day is the first song I heard, and I fell in L O V E with it, srsly. No other road, no other way, no day but today Waaah, okay, that's one... I also love I'll Cover You [the one with Collins only =3=] Because in that part, I cried ;; Especially when everyone joins in Woaaah, awesome -goosebumps- But what about La Vie Boheme? One of the liveliest songs in the movie / Broadway? -memorizes the first part- xPP It's awesome to ahve all of them sing together <3
Sisters?
We're close.
xPP ... Also Seasons Of Love, great song, especially when all of them are singing together in the same tune oo; Damn, I can't decide ;;

What do you think of RENT shutting down?
will answer later =3=;

Icicle
28th April 2008, 6:24 AM
I AM A RULE BREAKER 8D! I would have had the finale (complete with Anthony and Adam hugging and being all ;____; ) but one of the dudes was at the side doors (where I was sitting. REAL EASY TO GET OUT TO SEE THE CAST 8D) so I didn't wanna risk it, I do have a pic someone gave me somewhere)

I'm very upset ;_;! I love RENT with all my heart and it's weird to see it go after only 12 years while other shows went on much longer ;-;! But I understand why it's closing and it still makes sad ;-;

HyenaHaze
28th April 2008, 4:01 PM
Is sad. I never even watched the broadway-thing! >_>

Mr. Yoshi
28th April 2008, 4:05 PM
DDD: ;o; I never got to watch the Braodway! And I only knew about it last year, so... I only got to know it for a short while T_T; Well, not everyone is lucky D: I guess I'm one of them </3

Fused
28th April 2008, 10:18 PM
OMG! I love this movie!

Maureen, hands down. She's so weird but original. She;s not afraid to be herself, whether it gets her in trouble or not. I can totally relate to that.

That's a tie between La Vie Boheme and Finale B. I love the down-to-earth attitude in La Vie Boheme but I also just love Finale B, because its just a really good song.

The stupidest thing in world history. RENT was one of the most successful musicals on Broadway, and its sad to see a true legend go down. *tear*

Icicle
29th April 2008, 5:29 AM
I just wanna point out guys, all though Broadway show is ending as far as I know.. the tour is not. So you'll still get a chance to see the play (They even go outta the US) 8D. It really is sad.. despite it's popularity.. it still isn't getting enough money. They were still having trouble getting money when Anthony and Adam were back over the summer x.x;

But they did get enough money to warrent an extension.. so here's to hoping they get more money >_>;

Angelic Pika
29th April 2008, 8:11 AM
Kinda sad. It was the best of the best. And Anthony Rapp.. ;-; WHY?!

Fused: Welcome to the club. -addstolist-

Icicle: Isn't that just weird. It doesn't get enough money but it's popular? Weeeeeiiiiirrrrd.

Mr. Yoshi: If the tour isn't ending, like Icicle said, then they might come to our country..! Yez!

Mr. Yoshi
29th April 2008, 10:27 AM
I just wanna point out guys, all though Broadway show is ending as far as I know.. the tour is not. So you'll still get a chance to see the play (They even go outta the US) 8D.
Oh : D -cheers up- I feel much better now~ : D Thanks for the heads up

Mr. Yoshi: If the tour isn't ending, like Icicle said, then they might come to our country..! Yez!
Yeah, but we live, like far D: Plus, if they do come here, it'll probably be extremely expensive x____x So I might not be able to watch ;o;

EDIT;
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff224/toXic_1995/RENT.png
sorry, I tried ;o; Selective colring just hates me D:

Woah, it's friggin big oo;

Icicle
29th April 2008, 9:05 PM
Icicle: Isn't that just weird. It doesn't get enough money but it's popular? Weeeeeiiiiirrrrd.

It is weird ._.; But like.. a lot of people go are like the same groups of people and they only fill like to 50% capacity sometimes. And a lot of people do the lottery (the lottery is about two/three hours before each show (like 11 for the 2:00pm and 5 for the 8:00 pm) and you put your name in (and $20) and you can win two tickets to one of the first two rows. So a lot of money goes towards that and $20 in the long run isn't as good as like $50 or $110.

Mr. Yoshi
1st May 2008, 7:28 AM
THIS CLUB SHALL NOT DIE

Which is your favorite couple in RENT?

Will answer later ;D And welcome to the club, to new members!

Angelic Pika
1st May 2008, 7:33 AM
THIS CLUB SHALL NOT DIE
... ahahahhahahhahaha!!! roflmao.

It is weird ._.; But like.. a lot of people go are like the same groups of people and they only fill like to 50% capacity sometimes. And a lot of people do the lottery (the lottery is about two/three hours before each show (like 11 for the 2:00pm and 5 for the 8:00 pm) and you put your name in (and $20) and you can win two tickets to one of the first two rows. So a lot of money goes towards that and $20 in the long run isn't as good as like $50 or $110.
Awww. It's like so sad. Just 50%? Damnit RENT needs more fans. ):

Which is your favorite couple in RENT?
--> Roger x Mimi. ..it's cute?

And adding your banner to first post. :3

Icicle
1st May 2008, 9:13 PM
Which his your favorite couple in RENT?
Roger x Mimi and Angel x Collins in terms of canon because they both kinda defy odds and stuff for their relationships.

Non canon.. I can't help but have crack love for Roger x Mark XD! I have some of those one shot fan fiction, if any one cares to see it. Just ask and I'll post it.

Mr. Yoshi
2nd May 2008, 9:15 AM
Which his your favorite couple in RENT?
Maureen x Joanne XD; Especially in Take Me Or Leave Me and how they're the exact opposite people, one's ****ty, the other is proper and stuff XD; I think it's really cute =w= But I never thought of Mark and Roger as a pair, but now that Icicle has mentioned it, yeah! Like in Goodbye Love <:

Icicle
2nd May 2008, 2:20 PM
EXACTLY! XD;

I can pull out a list of hints if you'd like and post some of my fan fiction (well the fan fics later because ff.net is blocked at my school ;______; ) for them XD! Like they can go both ways.. friendship and lovers because of how close they are :3. I think I might write a one-shot off my LJ fan fic community now and post it before I leave class xD;