PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that Ash and co. will ever meet the old trainers he met ages ago?

Lauraeevee
30th April 2008, 5:25 PM
I believe that he'll never see any of the trainers he maybe a few but not all of them and maybe he will challenge them to a battle

porygonfan
30th April 2008, 11:24 PM
He should, they make too many new trainers.

For us fans who knew and loved the original season, bringing back some old trainers will spark our interest to see what they have been up to, and if any of them got stronger than Ash!

Mrmagius
30th April 2008, 11:33 PM
yeah I do, but not all of them.

I really want Aya and Giselle to come back into it for a few episodes each, that would be ace!

JakeSteel
30th April 2008, 11:35 PM
I think maybe Misty again, or May, but not some random trainer he met for like 20 seconds.

Mrmagius
30th April 2008, 11:38 PM
Well he's already met May and they dont really count anyways, they were his companions

A.I.P.
1st May 2008, 1:15 PM
No. It'd be nice to see Samurai, the kid who STOLE Lickitung(you know he did), or any of the league rivals(Ritchie or Harrison plz), but we most likely won't.

I guess out of what I listed, Ritchie has he best chance of geting a cameo in the main series. He got one or two episodes in Chronicles on Cinnabar and one of the Sevii Islands, IIRC.

CyberCubed
1st May 2008, 2:38 PM
No, the only reason why old characters returned in the older seasons is because the cast was limited back then. All we had were Ash/Misty/Brock and Gary. So supporting characters like Richie and Casey could show up.

Now we have too many former main characters, Misty/Tracey/May/Max, on top of too many former rivals Gary/Drew/Harley on top of the current cast Ash/Dawn/Brock and the current rivals Paul/Zoey/Kenny.

Now that we actually have REAL main characters to show again, instead of boring filler characters, the writers instead to show the characters people actually care about.

Most of those old filler characters have absolutely nothing to add to the current anime.

Kamex
1st May 2008, 10:53 PM
Most of those old filler characters have absolutely nothing to add to the current anime.
Not necessarily. It should be pretty easy to simply replace a new filler-character-of-the-day with an old one. Even if it's a bit strange to see such an old character return, the only difference between that and a new filler character would be that there would be some extra sense of continuity and nostalgia mixed into the episode, which can't be a bad thing.

Of course, there's no reason to believe most viewers will remember them anyway, so I guess it won't really matter to the writers. Meh.

CyberCubed
2nd May 2008, 12:23 AM
They tried that in Johto though, and it wasn't too interesting. When Duplica appeared again in Johto, the episode was rather meh, like most Johto fillers.

When Todd reappeared in Johto for 3 eps, the only good ep was the last one with Articuno. Suzie re-appeared but only for Brock to give Vulpix back to her.

My guess is that when they actually *did* bring back old filler characters during Johto, nobody seemed to care, so they stopped doing it.

That's not to say old characters shouldn't return if they have a purpose. We had Lance return in Hoenn, Solana the Pokemlon Ranger return in D/P, Mr. Goodshow was in all three leagues, Casey got some nice special episodes, etc.

Valorous
2nd May 2008, 1:09 AM
i would actually laugh if i saw AJ of the "100 wins gym" again. Nice rematch...
Pikachu vs Sandslash (assuming it evolved)

~Mesprit~
2nd May 2008, 11:47 AM
AJ
Giselle
Aya
Jeanette Fisher
Samurai

They should appear in the show again because they have been the most interesting and "colorful" characters we have had. That will be a big surprise if they come back. However, probably their appearing will never take a place :/ I am a realist.

Tri hawk
2nd May 2008, 9:20 PM
More than likely we'll see some of them again. If so, then Samurai and Gligar man should make a return, in my opinion.

Chimchartrainer07
7th May 2008, 1:51 AM
I want to see AJ come back he could replace Paul as the main Rival.

LegendKeeper
7th May 2008, 2:07 AM
i would actually laugh if i saw AJ of the "100 wins gym" again. Nice rematch...
Pikachu vs Sandslash (assuming it evolved)

I have to agree with that. I mean, I remember when they promised to meet and battle again, it seems like they make Ash make a bunch of empty promises. Seeing these people again would be awesome. Like, what is Giselle like now after Ash and co. beat her? Has A.J. accomplished his dreams and become a lot stronger and maybe won the Indigo league? They leave to many holes in the anime. It would be nice if they could close them up so Ash does not seem like an idiot.

Pseudo-Unlegendary
8th May 2008, 10:51 PM
I think they should do that but they probbably won't because they eant to showcase new pokemon that old trainers likely wouldn't have.

i'mblue92
13th May 2008, 3:13 PM
I hope he meets a few of them in the Sinnoh Pokemon League. That would be kind of cool. That way the writers don't have to go into story about them but still bring them back and have Ash remember who they are. I want to see Ash fight the Samurai again and maybe see Casey and Ritchie again.

Sceptile15
2nd August 2011, 9:56 PM
wil ash meet dawn, may, misty and max again now in the 5th gen? or is this a totaly new start for ash? since he have caugth so many pokes and just beaten 3 gym's? remindes me og kanto... really hope he'll meet them again and use he's older pokemon's again!

Valkyrie Cain
2nd August 2011, 10:01 PM
I hope he'll meet Dawn,May,Max,Brock,Richie,Paul and Casey again. XD
But he might only meet a few of his friends. =/

Sceptile15
2nd August 2011, 10:09 PM
He should, they make too many new trainers.

For us fans who knew and loved the original season, bringing back some old trainers will spark our interest to see what they have been up to, and if any of them got stronger than Ash!

i agree, really hope the black and white season is not a new start for ash... since he hace caugth 8 pokemon's at this point, kida remines me of kanto... really hope I am wrong.

couplesupporter
2nd August 2011, 10:21 PM
I don't know about Trainers but I really want to see Sabrina come back since she changed

Shooti
8th August 2011, 2:39 AM
If it's about COTD or short term rivals like Richie, Morrison, Tyson or Casey then I'm inclined to say NO. But I think he will battle again someday with few of his past travelling companions or long time rivals like Gary and Paul.

AgentPierce
11th August 2011, 4:43 AM
Seeing as freaking Jessiebelle showed up waaay later in D/P, then any old character returning isn't too much of a stretch, IMO.

Pokémaniac Pez
9th September 2011, 12:21 AM
i havent saw the newer series, did Ash ever meet Richie again?

GetOutOfBox
9th September 2011, 1:22 AM
I seriously doubt it, other than a possible re-union episode at the end of the anime (if it ever happens). The writers have never really cared about continuity, as seen with the GS Ball, Pidgeot ("I'll see you again when we get back from Valencia Island, Pidegeot!" :( ), the first trainer Ash ever battled with ("I'll see you at the league Ash!"), etc, etc.

Not that I don't want older trainers coming back, but the writers are pretty much rock bottom in terms of quality, so I'm not expecting much.

OshyHikari
9th September 2011, 2:16 AM
I seriously doubt it, other than a possible re-union episode at the end of the anime (if it ever happens). The writers have never really cared about continuity, as seen with the GS Ball, Pidgeot ("I'll see you again when we get back from Valencia Island, Pidegeot!" :( ), the first trainer Ash ever battled with ("I'll see you at the league Ash!"), etc, etc.

Not that I don't want older trainers coming back, but the writers are pretty much rock bottom in terms of quality, so I'm not expecting much.

I'd probably like to see them again, but remember the anime probably won't end anytime soon cos the games increase the anime's popularity.

#chelloressurection
9th September 2011, 2:20 AM
I think probably at the end he will reuntie with some, or similar to what he did with may in D/P

Miar
9th September 2011, 4:02 AM
i havent saw the newer series, did Ash ever meet Richie again?

Yes, in mid-Johto (Whirl Islands). After that, no.

But he wasn't just a one-shot character. Real one/two-episode characters are generally made and then thrown out. They'll never meet again.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if we never met Brock again. But that's something different.