PDA

View Full Version : Question for the older gamer?

Silver83
12th May 2008, 10:30 PM
Do you get verbal abuse from people on wi-fi chat because of your age?

xNarutoUzumaki9x
12th May 2008, 11:03 PM
No, mainly I get it from school. But that's neither here nor there, really...

Shuko
12th May 2008, 11:04 PM
Do you get verbal abuse from people on wi-fi chat because of your age?Generally speaking I don't really bandy about my age in either chat. If someone asks me personally about it, I'll tell them, and at that point any and all teasing is fair game, in my book. :p I still love playing pokemon games at my age (27), and I know a fair number of people nearly twice that who enjoy playing it too. If other people have a problem with that, it's their business, not mine. Who says the kids get to have all the fun anyway?

Anyway, in answer to your question, I've had a few people tell me I'm too old for it, but never in a really mean way. As long as you're good natured about the teasing, it shouldn't escalate to the level of abuse, lol.

As much as I hate to say it, though, I think it's been easier on me because I'm a woman. For some reason, people tend to be more accepting of "childish" activities when someone of the female persuasion does it, at least moreso than the males. That's wrong, but it's something I've noticed, just the same.

~Heaven Help Us~
12th May 2008, 11:07 PM
not really, but if i did i wont give a damn.