PDA

View Full Version : who has read mein kampf?

cradle_of_filth_rock
22nd May 2008, 9:40 PM
who has read it??

i havnt but i think it may be an iteressting read (and no i do not condone the crazy **** hitler did)

Brettt
22nd May 2008, 9:42 PM
I have. Its very incomprehensible and boring. A definite two star (not recommended).

HyenaHaze
22nd May 2008, 9:55 PM
I have. My favorite part was
"The bigger the lie, the more people who will believe it."

Geist
22nd May 2008, 11:26 PM
Sure didn't. I'm not even sure if that would be legal over here.

Rave
23rd May 2008, 12:13 AM
I feel this belongs in entertainment.

And no.

intergalactic platypus
23rd May 2008, 12:50 AM
I've read excerpts. Hitler is an atrocious writer

cradle_of_filth_rock
23rd May 2008, 12:56 AM
ive been told its an intersting read (by my history teacher)

i would love to read it its also i good way of seeing how deluded hitler was

just rememberd i think i have read a extract from it where he was talking about jews it was kind of funny how much he hated them even tho they are normal people who just happern to belive in another god and crap (dont have a clue about jew stuff :D)

Sunkern
23rd May 2008, 12:56 AM
Read excerpts and stuff in History classes years ago.

It's not really a good read unless you're a 1930's post Versailles nationalistic German.

cradle_of_filth_rock
23rd May 2008, 12:57 AM
ive been told its an intersting read (by my history teacher)

i would love to read it its also i good way of seeing how deluded hitler was

intergalactic platypus
23rd May 2008, 1:07 AM
Its self indulgent, long winded, horribly written, boring as all hell and full of delusional stuff. It doesn't tell you too much about Hitler except for the fact he was utterly self obsessed

Brandon-kun
23rd May 2008, 1:07 AM
I can barely pronounce the title, what makes you think I'll read it?

HyenaHaze
23rd May 2008, 1:10 AM

Resisting...urge...to facepalm....

It's translated into whatever language you speak, tard. Also, it's not that hard to pronounce.
Mein= Mine
Kampf= compf.
*sigh*

Profesco
23rd May 2008, 1:47 AM
Nope, I never bothered to. I've wanted to. I've read boring things before, after all.

bobjr
23rd May 2008, 3:17 AM
It is a crappy piece of writing. The one book I burned after reading, and I've read Howards End.

Artorias
23rd May 2008, 3:51 AM
I have never read about his kampfy chair.

Aggron95
23rd May 2008, 4:03 AM
I read the German language version. Took me 4 months. It was very interesting.

DragonDance
23rd May 2008, 4:04 AM
Being interested in Hitler, I picked it up, and honestly tried to read it, but it was so ****ing boring, and pointless.

=/

lol'd

Brandon-kun
23rd May 2008, 4:38 AM
Resisting...urge...to facepalm....

It's translated into whatever language you speak, tard. Also, it's not that hard to pronounce.
Mein= Mine
Kampf= compf.
*sigh*
Jesus.

10char

PLANES CURE TOWERS
23rd May 2008, 5:15 AM
Haha wow please get out of misc - you're obviously not intelligent enough to be posting here.

Anyway yeah I read it, and actually enjoyed it. reading about someone who is as self obsessed as I am really opened my eyes as to just how awesome I am. I'd recommend it to anyone.

HyenaHaze
23rd May 2008, 5:55 AM
Haha wow please get out of misc - you're obviously not intelligent enough to be posting here.

Anyway yeah I read it, and actually enjoyed it. reading about someone who is as self obsessed as I am really opened my eyes as to just how awesome I am. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Whatwhatwhat?
Josh just agreed with me........
This is akward......

Also, the book was very eye-opening into Hitler's thoughts.

RockLobster89
23rd May 2008, 6:32 AM
From a historical standpoint, it is extremely important and signifigant, especially in the realm of looking at the various events that preceded Hitler's rise to power.

The_Panda
23rd May 2008, 10:36 AM
Yes I've read Mein Kampf. Twas horrible and boring though. And it is rather ironic this was put into "entertainment".

SlipKnoT
23rd May 2008, 4:59 PM
No. I do find the events surrounding WWII and Hitler interesting, but only because he was so very sick, racist, corrupt, and deluded. I don't want to read something that I know I'll hate.

just rememberd i think i have read a extract from it where he was talking about jews it was kind of funny how much he hated them even tho they are normal people who just happern to belive in another god and crap (dont have a clue about jew stuff :D)
Anyone that writes like this deserves a severe, fatal beating.

Randomosity
23rd May 2008, 5:06 PM
Haven't read it. Not sure if I want to. If I do, I'll wait a few years =P, don't exactly want to start it until I'm older

Tomato Jr.
23rd May 2008, 11:17 PM
i have read extracts, bur never the whole thing.
Either Hitler was an terrible terrible writer or the translation is poor.

Hunter_RuLe
24th May 2008, 12:27 AM
i have read extracts, bur never the whole thing.
Either Hitler was an terrible terrible writer or the translation is poor.

Hitler was a terrible writers. The whole book looks like it is randomly put togehter as the parts don't make much sense together. The subject of a obsessed man with the most idiotic ideas might be interesting for sceince, the boring way it is written is certainly not.

Mein Kampf = My Fight/Struggle.