PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new Op?

Locke Yggdrasill
30th May 2008, 9:48 PM
I find that chatrooms, like most things, are in a constant state of flux. People coming in, people going out, staff getting promoted, staff getting demoted, etc. So with that said, some adjustments are obviously needed as things change. I've noticed over the past few days that there are generally more SOps on than normal operators, and generally speaking SOps are just there to look pretty. They've earned the right to be there and have their arses kissed by anyone who wants to. They primarily do stuff behind the scenes, much like administrators of forums, while the lower staff handles the smaller, trivial things like upkeep of the bans and stuff like that. However, at the moment, there's Serebii on as owner, 4 users on as admin/protect, and 2 users on with operator status. Now it's not too big a deal seeing as the chatroom's been running smoothly, but if we keep promoting users to SOp right as they get Op, we're going to end up like #bulbagarden, who completely knocked out an access level because all their HOps get promoted too quickly. So what I'm suggesting is that we take one of the HOps (who seem to be in great supply these days) and promote them to Op, to even things out a bit. Anyone feel the same way, or am I, as always, delving too deep into this community?

tl;dr: If you're interested, go back and read. :(

Nibelungenlied
31st May 2008, 3:29 AM
I don't see what the problem is. It's not like SOps can't do anything, and it's not like halfops can't kick or ban. Is that not the most important ability any channel operator has at its disposal? The point of channel operators isn't to look pretty or be equal, it's to enforce the rules... forcefully.

Locke Yggdrasill
31st May 2008, 3:35 AM
I mean there's no problem as it stands, however I just see it as a room for improvement. It's working out pretty okay right now. However if the promotion cycle continues and nothing is left to compensate for the Ops, then that's where a problem might-could arise.

Forretress Fan
31st May 2008, 3:48 AM
Locke, This is true but I mean with the addition of 2 new status positions, Really just seperating them, The Promotion of the Hops & Ops have increased dreadfully. And the voices are becoming increasing too long, I don't think the status of Voice is really any signifigance in #SPP, its only to allow certain users to talk when the channel is quieted, and what's the purpose of Quieting #SPP? Destroy the Voices, if Some of the OPs aren't active put them down to Hop. Not the greatest solution but IMO it works.

Nibelungenlied
31st May 2008, 5:09 AM
I don't see what potential problem could arise, either. That is, unless all of the people Joe gives power to are tools that are just in it to get to the highest status possible so they can look cool, then stop caring. But if that's the case, it's because whoever gave those people power had bad judgement.

PLANES CURE TOWERS
31st May 2008, 5:17 AM
answer; no.

Leona
31st May 2008, 6:48 AM

ok what the hell seriously :\

facetious
31st May 2008, 6:48 AM
Keep pestering them and you'll eventually be appointed a la Eszett.

Locke Yggdrasill
31st May 2008, 6:52 AM
Keep pestering them and you'll eventually be appointed a la Eszett.
You think I want to put up with 300 retards wanting Darkrai every hour? I'll pass on that, k thx. That's why I want some people there to take care of it, I don't want it to be me.

answer; no.
Works for me.

facetious
31st May 2008, 12:25 PM
You think I want to put up with 300 retards wanting Darkrai every hour?
That never stopped Erik Destler, Leona or any of those other so-called "cool people" accepting the responsibility, did it?

Face it, you're the retard if you don't believe working alongside Serebii Joe is simply the coolest thing ever.

Locke Yggdrasill
31st May 2008, 2:30 PM
That never stopped Erik Destler, Leona or any of those other so-called "cool people" accepting the responsibility, did it?
To each his own, I guess.

firepokemon
1st June 2008, 2:15 PM
I really don't get what the hell is with SPP and everything must be even? You're basically saying someone should be aopped because it will make things look more even. Well really whats the point? And who out of the halfops (some of who are retarded) does one choose?

Erik Destler
2nd June 2008, 9:27 PM
None of them.
This is a foolish topic.

We don't need any new ops in SPP, really.