PDA

View Full Version : Whats the most shocking or jumpiest horror film you've seen?

MewMan
4th June 2008, 10:33 PM
I scare so easily, so I was wondering what the jumpiest or most shocking films you have seen are. You know, the films that build the suspense and then make you jump out of your seat.

Kipcha
4th June 2008, 10:44 PM
Well, I am more for the mind game horror then slasher, so I don't know but some I recommend are...

Stephen King's 1408 (Only watch it once though. It is one of those one time only things)
The Messengers
Vacancy
Stephen King's Pet Semetary
The Sixth Sense
Signs
White Noise 2 (Make sure it is 2, not 1)
THESE ARE THE BEST JUMPY FILMS! Any of the Final Destination movies, I had a headache afterwards I was so into it (There are 3 in case you don't know)

Some I haven't seen but I have heard their good are...
30 Days Of Night
Dead Silence

Anyways, all I can think of. But yeah, if your looking for jumpy, Final Destination 1,2 and 3 are your best bet.

Edit; I have to agree, Cloverfield was one awesome film. Just be ready for a bit of a headache afterwards because of trying to concetrate on things while the camera is jumping around. :P

Mrmagius
4th June 2008, 11:52 PM
The ring. Brilliance incarnate. Cloverfield comes a close second though.

Dread Advocate
5th June 2008, 1:05 AM
by shocking do you also mean like so sickening that it is just too much for you to handle?

diamondrulez
5th June 2008, 1:25 AM
I Am Legend
Black Sheep (Not the Chris farley one, the New Zealand one about mutated sheep that eat people)

Nidogod
5th June 2008, 2:25 AM
Shocking? Se7en, without a doubt. Scary movies don't really bother me anymore, but I remember as a kid, the 1998 remake of The Haunting and The Exorcist both gave me nightmares. Jaws also kept me out of any sort of water for 2 good years.

Kipcha
5th June 2008, 2:30 AM
Black Sheep? No offense, but are you serious? That movie was so awful I giggled through the whole thing. It was just... so stupid. No offense, but I just found that movie so totally awful it was hilarious.

diamondrulez
5th June 2008, 2:33 AM
Black Sheep? No offense, but are you serious? That movie was so awful I giggled through the whole thing. It was just... so stupid. No offense, but I just found that movie so totally awful it was hilarious.

Sure it was funny, but it had the suspense factor, when the sheep appeaared out of nowhere, I was scared. I was also disgusted when the sheep attecked those business people.

HyenaHaze
5th June 2008, 2:35 AM
I'm vouching suicide club.
Just walking along, minding your own buisness....

BODIES FLY OFF A ROOF

:3

Kipcha
5th June 2008, 2:36 AM
Yeah, that was pretty gross... I was also pretty grossed out when tht guy ate the rabbit (The only part I was actually upset, I have bunnies :P ) but first of all, when that first guy got bitten by the embryo sheep thing, I just laughed. His ear went all elastic. And then how they killed all the sheep by lighting a match. It had its moments, but it was still funny, considering sheep have no top teeth.

Aggron95
5th June 2008, 2:37 AM
Shocking? My Super Ex-Girlfriend, its shockingly bad.

aquajet16
5th June 2008, 2:44 AM
Are Psychological Thrillers allowed? Well if yes, then Saw 4. I find it shocking.

Willow's Tara
5th June 2008, 4:34 AM
Sure it was funny, but it had the suspense factor, when the sheep appeaared out of nowhere, I was scared. I was also disgusted when the sheep attecked those business people.

I saw a preview for that movie somewhere, don't remeber if it was in the cinemas or on a video, but I do remeber thinking that's ridiculous, sheeps don't even have sharp teeth.

Anyways:
The Cult isn't too bad, kinda weird especially the ending
What lies beneth is quite suspenseful if you ask me.

I don't watch real scary movies thought, you might find The Grudge something like it but I didb't find it scary, despite the lights were off (Perhaps Supernatural's Bloody Mary or some ghost from somewhere made me less scared because they reminded me of that)

Locke Yggdrasill
5th June 2008, 4:57 AM
The Ring, personally, however I'm not a horror movie connoisseur.

cascade88
5th June 2008, 5:15 AM
Stay Alive freaked me out. Although it was most likely just due to the fact that I play video games a lot, and the prospect of one of them being able to supernaturally kill me....well, it just freaked me out. Especially when the controllers would vibrate. Now everytime my controller does that I think about that movie.

MewMan
5th June 2008, 6:28 PM
Aha, I've seen the original Black Sheep. It was ridiculous, imo.

Psychological films don't scare me at all...I prefer jumpy films, definitely.

~Sirnight~
5th June 2008, 6:35 PM
I don't usually find myself watching those types of movies. I was always on the edge of my seat during Cloverfield, though. Especially after the encounter while going into the subway. Made my flinch factor go up whenever they were in a big open area.

the_w0lf
6th June 2008, 3:23 PM
At the time, the Ring scared me. It's the only American adaptation of a Japanese film that isnt terrible. I appreciate the fact that it scared me at the time but it doesn't anymore, good film though.

diamondrulez
6th June 2008, 3:29 PM
White Noise. That scared me because to get to the input for the DVD player, you have to go through four static channels, so after that I was afraid of static and cell phones for three weeks. It was good though. The second one is incredibly dumb. DO NOT WATCH IT!!!! It sucks big time.

The Admiral
6th June 2008, 3:56 PM
Expelled. ...Oh, you meant like an actual horror film... Actually, I have no idea. I don't watch many.

The second one is incredibly dumb. DO NOT WATCH IT!!!! It sucks big time.

Are you surprised about this? Most horror-film sequels are ****.

the_w0lf
6th June 2008, 4:05 PM
^Actually, most critics found the second one to be less boring and more jumpy. I haven' seen it yet but I'd give it a chance seeing as the first white noise was garbage.

mewfan1
6th June 2008, 4:35 PM
The first White Noise sucked big time. I don't even want to see the sequel.

The jumpiest movies for me would have to be:

Signs
I am Legend
An American Haunting

and some other movies I can't remember.

The Most Shocking movie for me would be:
28 Days Later

Clash
6th June 2008, 4:36 PM
EP1: Pokemon! I Choose You!

Ri-Chan
6th June 2008, 9:10 PM
Sinple for me, the strangers.
Half the time i was closing my eyes or screaming.
*slept with lights on*

Others include
Jaws:floating head scence
Scream 1-2-3:all had me 'scrreaming'
Prom night;jumpt out of seat once or twice
Shutter:scary

Nidogod
7th June 2008, 12:15 AM
Sinple for me, the strangers.
Half the time i was closing my eyes or screaming.
*slept with lights on*

Others include
Jaws:floating head scence
Scream 1-2-3:all had me 'scrreaming'
Prom night;jumpt out of seat once or twice
Shutter:scary

If these seriously scared you (with the exception of Jaws), I recommend that you don't ever watch a real horror movie or you might die of a heart attack.

Dattebayo
7th June 2008, 5:00 AM
My is Sleepy Hollow. I saw this as a child, and it got me scarred for life due to so much head chopping.

Ethan
7th June 2008, 8:16 AM
I can't really say. When I was little my mom worked and dropped off at my grandmother's sometimes. She had a huge movie case and let watch whatever I wanted. Naturally I picked the movie with the doll on the cover. Well it turned out to be Chuckie. I had nightmares until I was like...12 I think.

mimefan
7th June 2008, 2:12 PM
The Ring. 10charelimit will kill you in 7 days.