PDA

View Full Version : Are you more adept at single or double battles?

Pages : [1] 2

Lostelle
5th June 2008, 10:36 AM
I'm curious again.

My team is better set up for one on one bouts, but they can handle a double battle. I think it's interesting that I destroy my couin and his team (that I specifically bred and gave movesets to beat mine) in single battles, but he occasionally slaughters me in a double battle.

Titan
25th June 2008, 6:04 PM
I enjoy both but I think I tend to do better in single battles.

Otter16
25th June 2008, 6:11 PM
I like double battles so I train my team for double battles instead of singles.

BlazikenGurl
25th June 2008, 6:38 PM
I do better in one-on-one battles.

crazymoose
25th June 2008, 6:40 PM
singles for me. that way you don't have to worry about eq/surf destroying your second poke, unless you plan ahead for that kind of stuff...

Sharks Shouldn't Fly
25th June 2008, 6:45 PM
I prefer single battles; or RSE doubles where Surf doesn't hurt your partner. That always kills me. >>

Amonitas
25th June 2008, 6:48 PM
I prefer single battles; or RSE doubles where Surf doesn't hurt your partner. That always kills me. >>
Have you read smogons double battle guide? Use a pokemon with water absorb or something with your pokemon that sweeps with surf, you heal your partner when killing your foes.
I love doubles, but my team is single, maybe I do a doubles team when my single team is done.

GiratinaShaymin<3
25th June 2008, 6:49 PM
Singles i do better in.

(s.i.e)
25th June 2008, 7:02 PM
i can do both if needed, i use my teamies in every situation,
of course it doesn't work allways but if you do the hard way then you learn better.

Blaine's Cousin
25th June 2008, 7:17 PM
I do both. My original team was designed to be used on both singles and double battles. People is much more accostumed to do single though, so i reserve the use for either request or PBR for doubles.

griffins_guardian
26th June 2008, 1:48 AM
I do more single (Shoddy & all)

I think double's more fun.

Arande
26th June 2008, 3:42 AM
I prefer doubles. More tricks to take advantage of. (protect is more useful, helping hand, cherrim, just a few off the top of my head)

ground tamer
26th June 2008, 4:49 AM
I do better in the double battle scene. Weird, sincei hate double battles

Lugia Tamer
26th June 2008, 5:02 AM
There aren't many people who play doubles competitively, even though Nintendo insists on having all it's tourneys in double battles. I do singles.

Black Murder Heavangelon
26th June 2008, 7:43 AM
I can only do double battles. And even then, i play competitively.

Wiimote
26th June 2008, 7:45 AM
My main teams do much better in doubles, especially my Trick-Hail Team. >_>
I like double battles a little more, anyway. They're more epic in my opinion.

noobers
26th June 2008, 8:03 AM
Singles. The only time I ever have doubles battles are in-game.

Ventus3
26th June 2008, 8:12 AM
I honestly do better in a double battle because my pokemon choicing are usually pokemon that have double battle moves. I like using the Sunny day/solarbeam combo when I'm partnered up with a person that uses grass type pokemon ((my Japanese friend)) and my sister likes to do the Toxic/Facade combo, yeah I think out double battling a lot more than I do with single battles.

Comis Patronus
26th June 2008, 8:15 AM
I can handle both...but doubles are more exciting. :3

Lostelle
26th June 2008, 10:04 AM
I've chosen to embrace double battles. I just have to raise a completely new team.

maxx unlimited
26th June 2008, 10:10 AM
Double battles because my pokemon have type combos.

VTUSH
26th June 2008, 1:07 PM
My team is better at singles especially with my curselax, but my team can also adapt to doubles but not as good.

SkittyOnWailord
26th June 2008, 2:01 PM
Definatly singles. I'm sort of good at doubles but I hardly ever play them.

mew..
26th June 2008, 3:34 PM
my teams are adept to both double and single, but i usually play singles.

ChariMence
26th June 2008, 10:29 PM
I HATE Double Battles!! I went *gets out map of Sinnoh* from Solaceon Townup to route 210, then turned to route 215 [where it's raining] to Veilstone City. Oh snap! A double Battle right before Veilstone! So I went back to Solaceon to avoid it, then went down to Route 209 to Hearthome City, down to Route 212 to Pastoria City. From there I went to Route 213, to Valor Lakefront, up to Route 214 and finally, up to Veilstone! Yup. all that just to avoid one double battle. The stupid thing is, I oculd have just talked to one of them first and then another person! >.<

By the way this was a long time ago when I had just begun on Diamond [for a second time] and did not have Fly and only 3 badges I think. Yeah I think it was 3, so I could have gotten the badge from Pastoria first, then the 4th badge XD lawlz

Blazing Inferno
26th June 2008, 11:16 PM
I'm definately better at singles, but my team can handle a double battle too.

hello moto
27th June 2008, 8:24 AM
I like singles better, even though i do both of them.

bookist
27th June 2008, 11:49 PM
doubles i enjoy them more instead of who has the strongest garchomp or who's pokemon is the better sweeper. Thats all i play when i do singles anyway.

Savage X
28th June 2008, 12:22 AM
I generally stick to single battles, however I do enjoy the occasional double battle to have a little fun with seeing how it turns out.

iamnotiangibson
28th June 2008, 12:29 AM
Singles, only because I don't really like double battles that much.

Larry
28th June 2008, 12:49 AM
I just like double battles better...

_outrage
9th July 2008, 5:04 PM
i can do both, but doubles is def more exciting

mr bubba8668
9th July 2008, 5:32 PM
I do doble battles i just am so much better at doubles

mr bubba8668
9th July 2008, 5:32 PM
Sorry double post

SHUCKLE MAN
9th July 2008, 9:30 PM
I think I'm better at singles when playing competitively. Doubles is more fun, but when playing it properly, against expert trainers, it's just too complicated for me.

SHUCKLE MAN
9th July 2008, 9:32 PM
I think I'm better at singles when playing competitively. Doubles is more fun, but when playing it properly, against expert trainers, it's just too complicated for me.

eevee worshiper
9th July 2008, 9:40 PM
I like doubles with the original 3 eevee evolutions especialy vaporeon/milotic combo becuase surf is really good '-'
oh and I build teams that really support each other it works really smooth~

Harty4United
9th July 2008, 9:47 PM
prefer singles as it has more skill to work with u and 1 pokemon

RDSchley
9th July 2008, 9:49 PM
Double battles are my cup of tea, singles are too linear for me. Double battles actually require more skill than singles because there are moves are become much more effective in double battles such as captivate and leer in which you can reduce both pokemon stats. So far ive got 1 double battle team and im working on a raindance team. its more difficult than i thought it would be...

Pikawho?
9th July 2008, 9:55 PM
I'm alot better at double battels than I am at single. I consider myself a decent single battler, but I'm definately really good at doubles.

Shinobi5878
10th July 2008, 5:44 AM
I don't mind either. Singles is for fun...but doubles seem to be more competitive though. Because you have to worry about two poke's instead of two. My team is better for singles though...but I like doubles.

Boomguy
10th July 2008, 6:12 AM
i like both. There is more stratergy involved in doubles than singles

Thats why people do better in singles than doubles

Shiny Noctowl
10th July 2008, 6:29 AM
I like doubles better because there's more strategy involved than in singles. And Choice Specs Typhlosion with Eruption while Sunny Day is in effect is amazing in dobules.

congo kong
10th July 2008, 6:30 AM
By far doubles.

I hate single battles. The strategies are much more limited, and switch-outs are much more frequent. When in a singles battle and your opponent has a type that WILL kill your pokemon if it stays in, you figure you mine as well switch. It's a predictable but effective strategy. Then you switch in a pokemon that has the edge against your opponent, and the next turn they do the same thing you did.

However, in double battles switch outs are not the only option, because you have your ally to either take out the threatening opponent or perform a maneuver to make the situation less troubling. And with the more diverse strategies type advantages aren't quite as important.

Golde
10th July 2008, 7:07 AM
Singles, just never tried those pesky doubles.

groovitational skiing9867
10th July 2008, 9:32 AM
i like doubles more but im better at singles

EeveeSkitty
10th July 2008, 10:09 AM
I'm way better at single battles but that may because that is what my pokemon are designed for and i'm more used to it. So I vote single.

EeveeSkitty

Laser Shuckle
10th July 2008, 10:35 AM
double battes for me

Absol trainer
10th July 2008, 11:22 PM
Single battles, I can't get bothered to make a whole double battle team.

mooses
11th July 2008, 1:31 AM
I do better in single battle, but if protect work on more than one then i would be okay in double battle( not very good right now).

cecil
11th July 2008, 4:34 AM
Uh, double battle is quite interesting, but I'm much more comfortable in single battle. Vote for single battle..

Master Leo
11th July 2008, 4:59 AM
I do singles and doubles but by far, I am way better at double battles. I guess beacuse they make me concentrate more.

Sadarac
11th July 2008, 6:27 AM
i do good with both. incidently my modified in game team.(has some pokes i also use competetively) is the best in both. my new competetive team that im nearly done with will be more for singles though becuse i like them more.

Fire Hero
11th July 2008, 3:24 PM
I usually battle single but I prefer double. I'm now training a new team which does better in doubles than in singles too.

swampert55
11th July 2008, 6:43 PM
Since I abuse Water Absorb for self-healing on a water-type Surf team, my team is absolutely useless in singles (except Swampert-he's excellent in either).

Dusk Vampire Kamui
12th July 2008, 10:39 PM
Hmm, I'm do single battles more often, but I'm also adept to double battles.
When I do double battles, I feel like my pokemon are really working together. I can also create combination strategies to my advantage.

aerisLana
13th July 2008, 8:56 AM
Well, I prefer single battles. I only have a few teams for double battles, so yeah, I'm more into single battles.

KMANN2
13th July 2008, 10:31 AM
The other day on pokemon emerald battle factory my team was about to die, I had left an Aggron and another poke who was almost dead and the opponent had 2 pokemon left.

I used swagger on my own Aggron and he 1HKO'ed the opponents pokemon.

It was just so epic.

lightdash
13th July 2008, 10:36 AM
Double I suppose. Or so that is what my Battle Tower records claims. In Double Battles, you could plan out your strategy more than single-battles since there are so many factors to consider.

EnteiFirecracker
13th July 2008, 11:51 AM
I prefer the traditional single battles. I liked double battles when they were new in R/S but they just got a bit boring for me, after awhile.

HarleyScarow
13th July 2008, 12:18 PM
Doubles.

I don't know why people are comparing them, though. They're two completely different metagames.

Slain_the_Weavile
14th July 2008, 5:14 PM
I do better in single battles, but I have made teams for double battles.

Frost Fang
14th July 2008, 9:17 PM
I'm more into double battles. I "team up" my Pokemon, like Gyarados and Steelix. Steelix's Earthquake is extremely useful when against an electric type and it doesn't hurt Gyarados, and Gyarados's Aqua Tail does good against Fire-Types. What I try to do is to raise Pokemon to be able to cover its partner's weaknesses.

Irith_Locke
15th July 2008, 12:19 AM
I like doubles more, because it's more exciting than singles IMO. There's more things that can happen in a battle, and people are just generally more creative.

That being said, I'm way too lazy to make a team for it, so I play singles, and I'm probably better at those.

mewfanforlife
15th July 2008, 2:20 AM
My team is designed for single, but I have a second, not as well trained team for double.

--wishmaker
17th July 2008, 10:48 AM
I prefer Single battles and my team is designed for such. There are more ways to upll off combos and things in Double battles though, so they're probably more exciting.

Mercinator
17th July 2008, 7:00 PM
I enjoy Single battles more hah its easier to manage and requires less brain power to figure out a good double team

shinygroudon232
17th July 2008, 7:52 PM
Singles. MUCH easier to manage.

Cursed Rayquaza
17th July 2008, 8:14 PM
I'm not great at either, but I enjoy building doubles teams, there are just so many strategies. It's interesting to see how some mediocre singles pokemon become valuable team players in doubles.

Edit: Rank up! w00t!

burgaz62
18th July 2008, 12:49 PM
i'm better at double battles, because of all the combinations eg leafeon and luxray can kill 2 opponents at once with razor leaf and discharge. double quick attacks, is an easy way to pick off one opponent, thats been a lot of trouble. and a combination of roar, and spikes at the same time can be effective. it's a lot easier to set up one pokemon, for battle, when there are two pokemon eg. follow me while breeloom uses spore, to sleep the other pokemon, then both of your pokemon buff up

Cutty
18th July 2008, 1:44 PM
Singles. But I hope there more double battles tho.

BaldWombat
19th July 2008, 1:18 AM
I'm much better at singles but doubles can be a lot more challenging.

groovitational snubbul
19th July 2008, 2:46 AM
i prefer double i think generally involves more stratgey bt eq/surf/discharge are a real pain unless you plan well

honey_clover112
19th July 2008, 8:26 AM
I'm better at Singles. Seriously. Though I like Double Battles more. xD

;006;

Walking Contradiction
19th July 2008, 10:02 AM
I picked single battles, because in double battles I tend to have two single battles going on instead of using some fancy Protect strategies. Too lazy to actualy make any double battle Pokemon.

the one
20th July 2008, 4:13 AM
I do singles

jaxonferz
20th July 2008, 4:22 AM
uhh, ive never actually had a battle with someone except my freind(and sux sooooo much no offence to him luckily he isnt on the forums.) but on battle tower i tend to choose double battles. idk y but i do

HazzaY2J
20th July 2008, 9:30 AM
My team is set up for 1 on 1.
So Single battles.

phionebaby56
13th August 2008, 11:12 PM
both but I'm in single battles better

Witchan
13th August 2008, 11:17 PM
Double battles is better than usual.

Metamence
13th August 2008, 11:26 PM
i choose single becuz my team is more better for it.cuz my ninjask will be ganed up on and its a subsituter and it wont get any attack boost and baton pass wont be able to carry over subby

Night Shadow
13th August 2008, 11:27 PM
Double because I like it better and I'm good at it

Detonation
13th August 2008, 11:28 PM
I train my team for singles but i like to play doubles cause its just different from normal battles lmao

TheJester
14th August 2008, 12:39 AM
I consider myself good at both, but I hate double battles. So I guess you could say I am more uh... "adept" to single.

amodestSNORLAX
14th August 2008, 3:41 AM
I'm better with single battles. my team isnt set up for doubles.

Vaporeon4evr
14th August 2008, 3:55 AM
I live for singles. In emerald, I originally believed you could only get frontier symbols in singles, so since that day, I have done nothing but train for singles.

Vaporeon4evr
14th August 2008, 3:56 AM
I live for singles. In emerald, I originally believed you could only get frontier symbols in singles, so since that day, I have done nothing but train for singles.

Pkmnmaster48
14th August 2008, 4:00 AM
I'm used to Single battles.

latios reborn
14th August 2008, 4:03 AM
Double for me

Shadow Tepi 8
14th August 2008, 12:39 PM
I seem to be good at both but i also really like Multi battles

Pokenicks
14th August 2008, 2:22 PM
I'm usually better at double battles rather than single. In double battles I usually make up strategies really fast, and they turn out to be pretty good and useful :)

graymonkey0
14th August 2008, 4:43 PM
single because thats what i train my mons for
and i hate double battles

Umbreon-dana
14th August 2008, 6:06 PM
Singles. I don't practice doubles much.

Holo386
14th August 2008, 6:09 PM
i am competing in regular multi battles as for now next up i might have a excellent double battle team

weavile33
14th August 2008, 6:16 PM
Singles. Doubles are fun but im not really used to them so I dont no as many strategies.

weavile33
14th August 2008, 6:17 PM
Singles. Doubles are fun but im not really used to them so I dont no as many strategies.

weavile33
14th August 2008, 6:18 PM

MetaKnight
14th August 2008, 6:47 PM
singles. period.
my team is set up dor singles while in doubles eq destroys 2 pokemons.

Sephiroth_Strife
14th August 2008, 7:02 PM
For now, I only do single battle teams, primarily because I've not yet beaten the story mode. (Metal Gear Solids 1, 2, and 3 have been absorbing my gaming time, okay?! lol) I don't even enjoy the double battles in story mode, so singles all the way!

fyzdino
14th August 2008, 8:44 PM
I normally only do singles but doubles are better for strategy e.g. the infamous regigigas+skill swap

fyzdino
14th August 2008, 8:45 PM
I normally only do singles but doubles are better for strategy e.g. the infamous regigigas+skill swap

Shadow X33
14th August 2008, 9:07 PM
I can do either but my team seems more suited for double.

MasterC
15th August 2008, 12:47 AM
Double Battles Rock!

Jirachi_Star
15th August 2008, 12:50 AM
I do Single mostly. I like them better too.

Shiny Magmortar
15th August 2008, 1:11 AM
I can hold my own in both. I usually do singles, since that's the popular choice for battling. But sometimes I'll go and have a double.

Dawn of Gallade
15th August 2008, 1:22 AM
I really like double battles but I'm only okay at them. I'm good at single battle but I'm no expert. I EV train and IV breed but I'm bad on prediction and switching for both me and my opponent. But there are a few Pokemon I'm really good with. I even normally manage to take down Garchomp with my Gengar or Bronzong.

kirby8933083
15th August 2008, 6:13 AM
I used to like double battles, but now I have a preference for single battles. I don't know why, I guess I like to handle things one at a time.

DIZZI
15th August 2008, 6:16 AM
im more adeptted to single battles although ive adapted a few strategies for double battles, I.E. Tyranitar's Sandstream ability, coupled with FLygon's Sand Veil ability

Dawn of Gallade
15th August 2008, 1:40 PM
im more adeptted to single battles although ive adapted a few strategies for double battles, I.E. Tyranitar's Sandstream ability, coupled with FLygon's Sand Veil ability
I thought Flygon had Elvitate and Garchomp had Sand Viel?

I think you got them mixed up but it's no big deal.

I have one Double Battle strat.

Roserade with Worry Seed and Slacking.

Icy_Snorunt
16th August 2008, 9:58 PM
It depends
Although I stick mostly to doubles
I always usually get swept in Singles, so yeah =/
but I always have different teams
Some of my Pokemon Teams for Singles and some of my Pokemon Teams for Doubles
I have different tactics and strategies for each
For Singles, I try to pull off a sweep or take out most of the opponents team
But for Doubles, I don't hurry as much and take my time enjoying crippling the opponent and slowly killing them aswell as use movesets to support my other Pokemon
=3

Squirtle90
17th August 2008, 3:58 AM
I do more one vs. one battles but I think double battles are much more interesting and involve a lot more strategy with each pair taking advantage of its teamate's strengths and weaknesses.

Xilliam65
17th August 2008, 5:16 PM
It's Doubles for me because my team pairs consist of:
Raichu/Blastoise
Charizard/Venusaur
Machamp/Snorlax

Xilliam65
17th August 2008, 5:17 PM
It's Doubles for me because my team pairs consist of:
Raichu/Blastoise
Charizard/Venusaur
Machamp/Snorlax

-Giga-
17th August 2008, 6:32 PM
I do much in Single Battles, but the true talent is in Double Battles.

pkmn_luver_95
17th August 2008, 11:24 PM
I like double battles, but I'm better at single battles. Less type matching and I don't have to worry about taking care of two Pokemon at the same time.

Murra Myrrh
18th August 2008, 3:44 AM
I personally love doubles better. I love useing stratigy to win my battles, not that singles don't use stratigy, just that doubles require a lot more. Not to mention all my pokemon can show me and my oponite that they are BAMF in their own right.

Cappie
18th August 2008, 11:29 AM
I like single battles the most but I don't dislike doubles, they can be pretty fun too if you have a good strategy :)

Melloyu
18th August 2008, 1:57 PM
both of them are fun, but I prefer single battles

plopagon123
19th August 2008, 10:15 AM
I can say I'm good at both, but I think I do better in double battles. Because I can like, err, do some sort of a combo. It's hard to explain but I think I'm better at it than single battles.

~PokeP

PoketrainerSean
19th August 2008, 10:26 AM
I'm curious again.

My team is better set up for one on one bouts, but they can handle a double battle. I think it's interesting that I destroy my couin and his team (that I specifically bred and gave movesets to beat mine) in single battles, but he occasionally slaughters me in a double battle.

That's basically the boat I'm in. I've designed my team to work well as a Singles team, and yet somehow they BRILLIANTLY support each other in Doubles! It was just a fluke, I swear, but I'm so happy about it.

sacred_fire
20th August 2008, 9:56 AM
My team's quite used for singles match, so I stick with it...

Kwill
20th August 2008, 10:34 AM
i like single battles there something about double i don't like i don't know what it is

MetalHarpey
20th August 2008, 4:33 PM
Mine are best at doubles, but at singles it's usually one hit KO

EspeonMaster
3rd September 2008, 2:41 PM
I like single battles.

Protoman EXE
4th September 2008, 3:33 AM
I am best at doubles

Short Wing
4th September 2008, 11:17 PM
I'm best at single, but I do okay in double battles, I think they're kinda fun and exciting, a nice change from normal battles.

DevilPunk
5th September 2008, 6:32 PM
singles as it's the most common battle style ever
except for pokemon battle revolution though...

Connor™
5th September 2008, 8:42 PM
i used to be amazing at double battles but i geuss i got rusty XD. now i stick to single battling although i do sometimes try my luck at doubles lol.

Blueties
6th September 2008, 12:40 AM
Singles. I dislike doubles very much.

Hydrohs
6th September 2008, 1:03 AM
I don't know if I'm more adept at either, but I chose single because I prefer that over double. But occasionally I like to double battle for fun.

Aptenodytes
6th September 2008, 2:30 AM
I'm more adept at single battles in-game, but I prefer double battles. It's really too bad that there are so few opportunities for double battles in Diamond/Pearl.

Competitively, I have absolutely no idea. Probably single battles since I would lose much quicker if I played somebody in a double battle.

SapphireMyuu
6th September 2008, 3:10 AM
Competitively I'm better at single battles. Double battles are a little harder for me since I tend to overuse EQ.

I like double battles more though which is probably why I play battle revolution, XD, and Colosseum a lot.

DanChimchar
6th September 2008, 3:41 AM
I'm good with both I like both but single gives more exprence to that one pokemon your training

shinystaraptor
6th September 2008, 6:52 PM
i like singles better because i tend to use earthquake with my garchomp which would kill most of my team pokemon in doubles besides azelf with levitate

Petal
7th September 2008, 2:29 AM
Doubles are much more fun for me so I try and make a team suitable for double battles :)

Cuthrout
7th September 2008, 11:11 AM
singles deffently i cant stand double battles because they end up going on forever... i like to make the battle over and would rather have a short battle with me losing than a long battle with me winning... not that i lose =P cos i rarely battle

golduck#1
7th September 2008, 12:09 PM
easy for me . single i dont like double any more

the_showstopper
7th September 2008, 12:29 PM
i like doubles, but i suck at it. so i usually do single unless the challenger says he/she does doubles as well.

Luxray_Masta_211
7th September 2008, 1:34 PM
My teams were made for single battles, but are OK in Double Battles. Annoying because I only hyave 1 Flying type and nearly all mine have EQ...

yungurban
7th September 2008, 10:38 PM
Singles but im trying to make a double battle team

pokemaniac10
9th September 2008, 3:21 AM
My team is more adapt to single battles. Everytime I think of a strategy, it involves only one pokemon at a time. Im not the type of person that uses sunny day+solarbeam strategies so Im not that good at double battles.

pokemaniac10
9th September 2008, 3:26 AM
My team is more adapt to single battles. Everytime I think of a strategy, it involves only one pokemon at a time. Im not the type of person that uses sunny day+solarbeam strategies so Im not that good at double battles.

blackrose
9th September 2008, 9:34 AM
I usually only do single battles because my team isnt made for double battles.

Dragodynamite
9th September 2008, 9:45 AM
When I make my team I always think Double Battles. And give them a great strategising to make them ready for a double battle.

So yeah, Double Battle.

ChaosAngel
12th September 2008, 7:03 AM
I prefer single battles due to that my team does well only singles. I'm not that much a fan of double battles, but it's fun, though.

Skulblaka
13th September 2008, 1:00 PM
im trying to make a team so it has moves super effective against all pokemon types for double battles. I way better at doubles then singles

Petal
13th September 2008, 1:05 PM
My current team consists of a Rain Dancing support Ludicolo, and a sweeping Swift-Swim Kabutops are my openers in a double, so double battles are more fun, although my team can handle single battles well.

Swampert_22
13th September 2008, 3:47 PM
For me its double idk y i think its because i started out in 3rd gen

kittylitter
13th September 2008, 5:52 PM
definately singles

diamond trainer
14th September 2008, 4:29 AM
singles for me, but I do like double battle, Ive found out my teams really dominate on double battles.

Miltank Lover
14th September 2008, 8:03 PM
I tend to have teams for both but in general I prefer double battles because I like it when my pokemon work together example: Wailord + Mantine, T-tar + Garchomp abusing protect :D

MayRules
14th September 2008, 8:19 PM
Single Battles, my team is really horrible in double battles but that's probably because I don't train with double battles in mind.

myself
15th September 2008, 12:46 PM
i have a singles teams with singles strategy
but then i have a doubles team with doubles strategy in it

but i def perfer doubles

sparky trainer
15th September 2008, 6:58 PM
i love double battles i like the sunny day solarbeam combo

PurpleMew
15th September 2008, 7:21 PM
i prefer double battles for some reasons.

CharizardMaster
16th September 2008, 3:43 AM
I really don't have a clue, double battles are fun but I seem to do better at singles.

TR_Jessie
17th September 2008, 2:47 AM
Totally doubles for me. I absolutely love them; they have more strategy. ^_^

purple-tangerine
17th September 2008, 3:16 AM
I prefer singles - whenever I do doubles, I end up hitting my own pokemon somehow :P pretty silly of me,but meh.

Jolteonmaster2
17th September 2008, 4:06 AM
RSE doubles, not so much on 4th generation since Surf now attacks your partner. I killed Riley's Lucario with my Floatzel.

TrainerxDiana
17th September 2008, 5:57 AM
Easily singles for me... Earthquake and Surf are used a lot on my team.

~Fraxy~
17th September 2008, 9:41 AM
I prefer singles - whenever I do doubles, I end up hitting my own pokemon somehow :P pretty silly of me,but meh.

Easily singles for me... Earthquake and Surf are used a lot on my team.

Exactley why i like single battles better, plus there is a whole new level of strategy to double battles and i have only just got how to do singles

threehoboswithshaymin
17th September 2008, 10:13 AM
I prefer double battles because my team suits it. I raised them for single but they just don't do well.

Ayindree
17th September 2008, 10:23 AM
I can do either. It's not all that hard for me.

Bulbatordile
17th September 2008, 5:37 PM
Both are fine. Although I'd say singles because its what I've been used to since first playing pokemon. I like both.

Tomato-kun
17th September 2008, 9:57 PM
Single battles.
The ingame double-battlers aren't very good battlers(like basically ever trainer ingame).

Riley was awesome o///o ...>> Even though I can't remember our battles,and he stinks in the Battle Tower.

The Buck-ster was okay,I can't remember battling with him though.

Marley..She only used Extreme Speed and Firefang(and the occasional Agility,and Helping hand,of course)

Cheryl...Cheryl stinks at attacks with her Chansey! Egg Bomb hardly ever hits,she kept on using Softboil even when her Chansey was relitivley fine(only a few HP points lost),and she used Refresh at the end of the battle(she was poisoned/paralyzed in the beginning of it O_o)

Mira is the youngest,but most definatly the best double battler..Though in the cave,she was sort of odd,maybe she was scared.

Gloomshrub
17th September 2008, 10:16 PM
Singles for me.
I haven't done much doubles, so maybe I would enjoy it more if I practiced.
But I agree, hitting your own pokémon sucks!

Gloomshrub
17th September 2008, 10:17 PM
Singles for me.
I haven't done much doubles, so maybe I would enjoy it more if I practiced.
But I agree, hitting your own pokémon sucks!

Krake
17th September 2008, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty good at both of them, but I'd have to say I like Double Battles more. They're just more fun IMO.

Tadashi
18th September 2008, 2:59 AM
I'm used to Singles, because of Adventure mode (lol), so I'm pretty good at those.

However, I love Doubles better, because my Pokemon can cover each others' type weaknesses (ie: Electivire covering Dragonite against a Milotic).

Riley was awesome o///o ...>> Even though I can't remember our battles,and he stinks in the Battle Tower.

Really? He's good with my Team... I remember once I teamed up with him the Battle Tower. My Scizor and his Gallade went on a total smack-down without effort =^-^=

The Buck-ster was okay,I can't remember battling with him though.

First time I paired with him in the Battle Tower, we faced a ton of dragons (Garchomp, Aerodactyl, Flygon and Salamence), with a Regice... and we STILL lost because he KO'd both my Pokemon with Earthquake. Needless to say, I won't be pairing off with him anytime soon...

Marley..She only used Extreme Speed and Firefang(and the occasional Agility,and Helping hand,of course)

Pff, all I ever got was Helping Hand and Agility. I did all the work and Arcanine fainted after 2 or 3 hits EVERY TIME.

Cheryl...Cheryl stinks at attacks with her Chansey! Egg Bomb hardly ever hits,she kept on using Softboil even when her Chansey was relitivley fine(only a few HP points lost),and she used Refresh at the end of the battle(she was poisoned/paralyzed in the beginning of it O_o)

Same as above.

Mira is the youngest,but most definatly the best double battler..Though in the cave,she was sort of odd,maybe she was scared.

Yes, I pair with her a lot ^_^ She's the best of everyone you can team up with, lmao.

darklord18
18th September 2008, 7:03 AM

I only team up with Mira and I don't understand why people don't like her. (she the best one out of all five when first meet her and when you team up with her, Her Alakazam and my luacario was unbeatable.) It thank to her, I got up to a 32 winning streak before losing. I can't wait till Platinum come out so I can battle her and team up with her.
(off topic) The only thinks that bug me is, how can you get lost with a pokemon that know flash and how did you get pass the rock with a pokemon that doesn't know rock smash and what her long hair? (off topic)

Single I got a 25 winning streak so I like teaming up with Mira.
Edited I got a 35 wining streak in multi battles yesterday.

Shadow_Blaze
18th September 2008, 8:32 AM
I pwn in both single and double tyvm >_>

shineygarchomp lvl100
1st October 2008, 11:56 AM
I am better at singles than doubles.My record in doubles is pretty bad but my singles record is good.I hate hitting my own pokes with surf and eq.

cascade88
1st October 2008, 12:15 PM
Oh, I'm far better at single battles. Double battles just aren't my cup of tea.

Golden Metagross
1st October 2008, 12:16 PM
I think that singles are better because then you only have to concentrate on only One Pokemon. I don't mind doubles. But they are kinda annoying.

Slowking[George]
1st October 2008, 6:35 PM
I'm good at both, although I must say I can handle a single battle much more easier. If I'm losing, there is more chance I can turn a single battle around rather than a double battle.

PocketmonMaster
2nd October 2008, 1:53 AM
I prefer Doubles over Singles. While I am competant at both, my Pokemon naturally compliment each other. My almost spammy use of weather-effects strengthens my team, and when put in a 2 on 2 situation, the results for the other team can be disasterous. Besides, Doubles just have a little spark, creating a fun and exciting field for battling.

Killer Grunt
2nd October 2008, 3:46 PM
i prefer singles but can hold my own in doubles aswell

griffins_guardian
2nd October 2008, 4:02 PM
I love doubles, but I'm better at singles.

(s.i.e)
2nd October 2008, 8:47 PM
i'm more in between, i can do single and double if needed i enjoy them both as long as the enemy team arn't all walls.

Souperman22
2nd October 2008, 10:33 PM
I like singles. That way surf, one of my Palkia's (essentially my main killer) main moves doesn't faint my other star Pokemon (Infernape).

Venusaur Master
2nd October 2008, 10:54 PM
i used to only like single battles but now i'd rather have double battles the old earthquake and leviation combo my fav

TurtwigFan1
2nd October 2008, 11:00 PM
I like singles, but I prefer doubles!

zeussy
2nd October 2008, 11:11 PM
I prefer doubles ..luxray and gyrados/kyogre my favourite pairs..I mean 100% thunder hits woo! plus using earthquake with a flying type with u is pretty fun as u can get a powerful attack in without hurting ur own pokemon.

not to mention doubles are more strategy ..In singles u can crush ur opponent with pure power , and although that is fun (very :D) the complexities of a double battle appeal to me more

Pokelight_Admin
2nd October 2008, 11:39 PM
It depends on the situation. If I am training (IV, EV, etc.), I would prefer double battles. I would rather work with Single Battles because they go along much quicker.

Flame_blader1
3rd October 2008, 12:43 AM
singles overall, but doubles once in a while is fun XD

Random546
3rd October 2008, 3:50 AM
I do better in double battles because you can use two pokemon at once!

Shiny qwilfish of doom
4th October 2008, 12:22 PM
i perfer doubles,the more the merrier.

palingensia
4th October 2008, 2:44 PM
I hardly double battle, so I'm gonna have to go with single battle =)

eonmaster_457
4th October 2008, 3:00 PM
i prefer single battles.
that's because although i can double battle, i feel that it's pointless unless i have some sort of combination, which i am too lazy to conjure up.

Night Shadow
4th October 2008, 4:55 PM
Everyone loves single. I like double the most. My idea is an all out battle with all 6 pokemon

Blivsey
4th October 2008, 5:05 PM
I'm much better at singles, if only because they've been around longer and they're so prominent in the metagame. I'm just so used to them now.

On the other hand, I don't mind double battles. They're an interesting twist and open up a whole new layer of strategy.

Darth Floe
4th October 2008, 10:08 PM
Double Battles, classic Earthquake with levitating combo.

Kyogre853
5th October 2008, 12:13 AM
I am better at double battles because I get to use more pokemon.

Vekachu
5th October 2008, 1:18 AM
At both my teams are good but im a bit better on singles.

GiratinaRay
5th October 2008, 10:19 PM
I am very good at each, double and single, but personally I am better at single.
So yeah...

diddykong
5th October 2008, 10:24 PM
I am really much better at Double battles, and enjoy them more. They just give battling a more tactical feel, as you can send out two Pokemon that counter each other's weaknesses, and use move combinations such as the Belly Drum/Psych Up duo.

{HI}343
6th October 2008, 1:25 AM
I fare better in double battles

I like how double battles make you think outside the box more.

King Edwin
6th October 2008, 4:01 PM
Im okay in double and single but i do a bit better in double cause I can double team on a pokemon. So yeah, I like double more.

Dr.d
11th October 2008, 3:32 PM
although i'm more adept to single battles i'm also in for a double battle, i like both so i'm not complaining at all.

Psychic_Fire_Mistress
11th October 2008, 6:27 PM
I perosnaly like the single battles. I think it goes faster then
double battles but I like battling with default friends (like Riley)
and single battles are always fun =D

The_Real_Tyson
11th October 2008, 6:53 PM
Single Battles are FTW.

Unless you are doing like a roulette or metronome battle then doubles.

Torpoleon
13th October 2008, 2:12 PM
I like single battles.

The Dean of Suds
14th October 2008, 3:00 AM
I generally train my teams for one on one battles, so they usually fare better than in competitive double battles.

DonDemio
14th October 2008, 4:53 AM
I have always been more of the single, lone type... Oh what were we discussing? I thought it was about my love life....(Crude humor....)

Anywho.... I always set my teams up for singles. I think it shows the talent of the pokemon better. I dabbled in doubles, but i'm more adept at singles.

manifesto
14th October 2008, 5:26 AM
me and my brother made a team for multi battles that works together really well.

i'm generally best with single battles though i like double battles more due to their challenge.

ShinyPalkia
14th October 2008, 11:46 AM
I have been used to single battles ever since I got Red, so simple single battles for me. In double battles it's annoying that I often forgot not to use Surf or Earthquake and so I end up "killing" the another of my two Pokémon. Also, my team is not suited for double battles, and I find it fairer and cooler when there's only two Pokémon fighting against each other.

Sapphire Phoenix
15th October 2008, 2:55 AM
I perfer to do double battles, simply it's easier on me. But my teams are made for single battles, and I have more experiance at them.

the_eevee_breeder
15th October 2008, 3:52 AM
My first team-Torterra, Luxray, Golduck, Rapidash, Lucario and Weavile-were more adept at single battles rather than double. But my second team, my special one that I'm raising-Glaceon, Flareon, Leafeon, joteon, and Vaporeon- is designed to be better at double battles. I like double battles better anyway. They're more interesting.

Kamineko
15th October 2008, 7:14 AM
I prefer singles since I can never prepare well enough to create a solid strategy in a double battle.

Adeku
15th October 2008, 7:19 AM
Im a Single Battling kind of guy.

I do have an ocasional double battle.

Shadow Tepi 8
15th October 2008, 12:36 PM
i tend to be competent in both
i have teams made for singles and doubles

The Tail
15th October 2008, 12:38 PM
I enjoy double battles, because its easier to pull off good combos.

Hery
16th October 2008, 4:38 AM
I am way better in doubles, having 2 on the front, they can help each other and there's way more strategy

TobiasBR
16th October 2008, 4:59 AM
I prefer single battles because I'm kinda old schooled and double battles didn't exist in 1st and 2nd gen, so I'm not used to them, but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

latios reborn
16th October 2008, 5:01 AM
Yeah i'm more inept at double battles.

AEROBLASTER
16th October 2008, 9:29 AM
While my team was more meant for Single Battles, I still enjoy some double battles whenever I can. I think Double Battles just give me the fun that I look for in the game.

MegaGalvatron
17th October 2008, 5:12 AM
I'm better at Single battles. A lot of my Pokemon have Earthquake and Surf.

the1stpkmnfan
17th October 2008, 5:29 AM
I like both. It's not a competition to me

foxyman1167
21st October 2008, 1:51 AM
im generally better at double battles because i like em more and most of my team is adaptable to double battles

Evilyn
21st October 2008, 10:04 PM
Both are fun. But I suck at Doubles.

FrendlyNiegborhoodTrainer
21st October 2008, 11:45 PM
Singles, cuz i can plan and battle better!

~Roey~
23rd October 2008, 8:29 AM
I do better in Doubles in the Battle Tower than I do in singles, haven-t done any wi-fi double battles though, only singles

Sunraichu
23rd October 2008, 9:53 AM
I prefer singles, you can use Surf/Earthquake without harming your own team.

xAngel_Of_Sorrowx
23rd October 2008, 10:06 AM
when i train my pokemon i tend to focus on making them stong and giving them powerful moves so whoever battles me will hopefully be knocked out quickly and without hassle. so i think because of that theory my team is better off for single battles really. but if i enjoy double battles more for some reason.

Mr. E Goods
25th October 2008, 1:39 AM
l do better in singles

chubb-o-wub
27th October 2008, 12:09 AM
My team fares in doubles easier than singles. Hail Team works well here. Abomasnow uses Protect, Mamoswine uses EQ... Blizzard never misses and hits both opponents... Glaceon sweeps... all too awesome.

Mysterous64
27th October 2008, 12:30 AM
I find that i am better and singles for unknown reason's double takes more skill to control both pokemon.

xdragonx
29th October 2008, 12:48 AM
Admittedly, my team is better off in single battles against foes. I've also set up mostly for one-on-one... but I do have a few Pokemon that can act as support for my main attackers when it comes to double battles.
I enjoy doubles much more though--I find them more challenging and exciting. Also, I like to see my Pokemon out and fighting side-by-side; it gives me more confidence as a trainer. (=

But I have to say, Earthquake and Surf are partially crippled for choices to attack the opponent because of the risk of hurting your own Pokemon--unless the venerable one is part Flying or has Levitate. This can be strategically planned and set up, however, so it isn't that much of a problem. But it's still a hindrance, I must say.

manifesto
29th October 2008, 2:33 AM
i like double battles better. they're more exciting...but multi-battles are where i shine. me and my brother team up and have an amazing combo.

the only annoying thing i notice though...is the moves that hit both the other pokemon's power is cut in half...kinda suckish. but i guess that's the fun of it.

CRUSH10055
29th October 2008, 3:23 AM
I like double battle better because my team is better in double.

GDE
31st October 2008, 4:00 AM
I suppose it depends on the team I'm using :O
EDIT: rank up :D

Mrpuc
31st October 2008, 6:22 PM
I prefer single battles definately but double battle cam be good for training.

rekreatur
31st October 2008, 7:22 PM
My team was built for single battles, so I guess my answer's singles. I wanted to make a team for doubles too because they just seem more fun but I changed my mind after a while and quit battling instead :l
Now the only thing I do in D/P is chaining for Shinies so all the battles I have are single xD

Noheart
31st October 2008, 8:13 PM
Doubles, definitely. I seem to win most of them on PBR Wifi.

Blazios
31st October 2008, 8:16 PM
Out of the 50ish things I've fully trained, 2 are for double battles (And they were for Mysterial. Still failed to QC Groudon). So definitely single.

PokeGirl*
1st November 2008, 12:31 PM
I like more than double battle, because they can more easily win the battles.

Bobby Frank JR
1st November 2008, 10:16 PM
I prefer double, they offer more strategy's and my team is well set up for them, like my gastrodon has muddy water instead of surf

Silent Conversation
2nd November 2008, 2:30 PM
I could probably handle both, but I prefer single battles. I don't know, I just like the feeling of simple 1 on 1 battles.

Dragon Chimchar
2nd November 2008, 8:10 PM
im good at both
but ive won more double battles

Darkhonchcrow
2nd November 2008, 9:35 PM
I prefer Single battles because it is harder to win and also Surf, Eq etc doesn't hurt your team.

BaldWombat
3rd November 2008, 12:59 AM
Singles. I do well in doubles but my pokes are not setup specifically for it.

oske
3rd November 2008, 1:47 AM
I'm better at single battles, I'm sure XD would make it easier to get used to, isn't XD all doubles?

Mr. Mudkip
3rd November 2008, 2:09 AM
Singles, and I honestly think they take more skill.

ironknight42
3rd November 2008, 3:45 AM
I do better at singles when I was devising sets they were all for single battles now the only time I think of it is when I am running so I don't get tired of it.

leon25270
3rd November 2008, 6:24 PM
I focus more on breeding Pokemon for single battles than double battles...
So, I guess I'm more skills in singles, more than doubles, at least...

Flamer
3rd November 2008, 8:32 PM
I'm better at singles. I have a few nice combos for double battles, but I don't have nearly enough practice with them. They are more exciting though.

TR_Jessie
5th November 2008, 9:26 PM
Most definitely, doubles.

There is more strategy and more fun.

Saberu
5th November 2008, 10:05 PM
I'd say singles, because I use moves that would hurt my partner.
Although, my sunny-beam combination is strictly for doubles.
I like double battles more, though.

Jaguar297
6th November 2008, 1:26 AM
I'm better with double battles than single. Its easier with those moves that don't hit your own self.

wilechase
6th November 2008, 2:39 AM
im better at singles just cuz i nvr got into doubles that much so meh