My Current Team ( I got 2 badges)

Linoone
Level 23
Item:None (Pickup ya know)
Ability:Pickup

Attacks:
Tackle
Sand-Attack
Mud Sport (its gonna help me beat Wattson)
Headbutt

Nature:Bashful

Stats:
77 HP
43 Attack
39 Defense
33 Spp. Attack
38 Spp. Defense
59 Speed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Swellow
Level 22
@ Item:None
Ability:Guts

Attacks:
Wing Attack
Double Team
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

Nature: Hardy

Stats:
62 HP
46 Attack
35 Defense
30 Spp.Attack
28 Spp. Defense
63 Speed
Skitty
Level 22
@ Item: None
Ability:Cute Charm

Attacks:
Assist
Tackle
Doubleslap
Attract

Nature:Careful

Stats:
59 HP
29 Attack
28 Defense
22 Spp. Attack
26 Spp. Defense
34 Speed
Loudred
Level 22
Item:Silk Scarf
Ability:Soundproof

Attacks:
Pound
Uproar
Rock Smash
Howl

Nature:Sassy

Stats:
71 HP
39 Attack
24 Defense
40 Spp. Attack
33 Spp. Defense
28 Speed

ForgotN
1st January 2005, 11:15 PM
All right, something just stupid/fun instead of crazy competitive. It is challenges like this that make me buy each new pokemon game as it comes out. Anyways, my monotype team.

I started with torchic, did all the story junk, and then went to catch the birds for my flying team. Wait, while i was searching for a tailow a surskit attacks me. Taking this as a good omen I catch the surskit, ditch my lvl 4 wingull, and start a monobug team. A nice challenge. I go into the grass just north of littleroot and catch the first two Wurmples that I find and start training my three bugs. In another one-in-a-million chance my two wurmples evolve into Cascoon and Silcoon. I can just feel the good bug Mojo that is coursing through my game.

anyways, I am in the petalburg woods with these three pokemon:

Surskit Lvl 9
Bubble
Quick Attack

Dustox Lvl 10
Confusion
Tackle
Posion Sting
Harden

Beatifly lvl 11
Absorb
Tackle
Posion Sting
Harden

yea I know im not very far but i had to work last night. Give me a break, sheesh. :)

xninex
13th January 2005, 3:16 AM
You know, anyone considering a water team could definitely use swampert. Since water types are weak to electric, he is perfect to take out electric types. He is immune to electric attacks and learns earthquake on his own (sweet). A water/flying would also be good since they don't have to worry about grass types (and the flying attacks would take them out.. ie. pelipper). Ludiculo would also be good for the team since it is weak to neither electric or grass... hmm... think I might start a water team myself...

;212; Xnn ;212;

blackfoxnick565
14th January 2005, 1:05 AM
On Ruby, I'm doing the monotype normal, so here it goes:

I chose Torchic and did the story stuff and caught a Zigzagoon with an Adamant Nature and I deposited Torchic. I now went off and battled the trainers while on my way to meet my father. I helped Wally and now I head to Petalburg forest and searched for a Slakoth and caught it. The Slakoth had a Naive Nature. I defeated the Grunt and the 2 bug trainers and headed towards Rustburo and head over to Route 116 and catch a Skitty. I found a Skitty luckily and caught it. I also found a Whismur and Taillow and caught them both. So far here is my team:

Zigzagoon
Adamant
Tackle
Growl
Tail Whip
Headbutt

Taillow
Lax
Peck
Growl
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

Skitty
Hardy
Growl
Tackle
tail whip
Attract

Slakoth
Naive
Scratch
Yawn
Encore

Whismur
Adamant
Pound
Uproar
N/A
N/A

I know they're weak but I just started last night.

Yuugis Black Magician
17th January 2005, 5:48 PM
I'll join, playing my friends Sapphire. I started off by naming myself Brendan, don't know why. Anywho, after me-ifying my bedroom I decided to check out the TV, but I had missed my dad at the Gym, so I decided to go next door. After saying hi to the neighbor's kid, I decided to go look for Professor Birch to recive a Pokémon. Funny thing is, I found his being chased by a Poochyena, to save him, he told me to find a Pokémon from his bag, that he had dropped, and fight with it.

I quickly grabbed the Mudkip from the bag and released it to reveal a small blue mudfish, it looked happy to see me. "Tackle attack!" I shouted and after to strong tackles the dog Pokémon ran off for a later time. I sighed and returned to the lab with Professor Birch, who gave me the Pokémon, I decided to call it Swamp. After that I went up North to find May again, she was studying the Pokémon of Route 103, after doing so training, I leveled up my Swamp until it knew Med-Slap, after a firece bout I took her Treecko down with some strength to spare.

After returning to the Lab Professor Birch gave me a PokéDex too. May handed me five Pokéballs to use to capture more Pokémon. After that, my mom saw me leaving and gave me some spiffy new running Shoes so I could get around easier. After running for a few hours I stopped by Odale Town for that free Potion I had forgotten about. And then After that, I began training some more, until I found myself a Lotad, I caught the little thing and named it Costal.

After training Costal a little I made my way to the Petalburg Gym where my dad had me help Wally capture a Pokémon before he moved away to a clearer place. After that I did little training on Petalburg beech. And then it was off to Petalburg woods. There I trained my Pokémon harshyly, they all nearly fainted from the poisonousness of the forest, but swamp prevailed and we manged to escape to Rustboro barely alive. After healing I went south to find whatever trainers I could.

After battling at the Gym Both Costal and Swamp evolved and were ready for some more fighting. (Actually Costal evolved outside of the cave place). I swiftly won my first badge and then went to help out the old timer. After retriving the document and Peeko I got the parcel's that needed to be delivered and I set off, with my new Pokénavi in hand. After traveling the dark Granite Cave's and learning Natural Powder was sweetness on the beach, I delived the letter to Steven and ignored the gym for now. Now, I landed on the Slateport Beach, ready for some more training, and to check if any new water types were around.

;271; Costal & Soft Sand
Lv. 18
Absorb
Nature Power
Growl
Astonish

;259; Swamp
Lv. 19
Water Gun
Tackle
Mud Shot
Bide

Name: Brendan
Money: 10852
Pokédex: 5
Play Time: 3:20
Badges: Stone Badge
I.D. No. 37238

HM Slaves:

Zigzagoon: Cut

PowerVaporeon
18th January 2005, 12:42 AM
I'll take up the Flying type for my ruby version.
Day 1:
I chosed Treecko (don't know why) as my first pokemon and i bet my rival when treecko was at lvl 5.
I went to Birch lab so he gave me the pokedex and my rival gave me 5 balls.
I decided that i had to catch a Wingull first and I called it "Prudencio" i deposited my Treecko and then i catched 3 Zigzagoon for the items and HM slave. I trained Purdencio to lvl 12 and now i'm lokking for a Taillow.

Current Pokemons
Wingull: "Prudencio" lvl.12
Modest
Atks:
Water Gun
Growl
Supersonic

Yuugis Black Magician
18th January 2005, 1:04 AM
Well, I managed to swueeze my way around Slateport and I took care of Team Aqua and I caught another HM Slave, Electrike, for Flash. Next I trained my Pokémon and ran off to Maueville, but first I battled my my rival, won, but Costal took a hit and was beaten by that darn Grovyle. But, Swamp took care of that jerk with ease. After Beating my rival I went and go me a Mach bike, and decided to whoop some can on the bike route. After all this training and fighting, I decided to rest for a while.

;271; Costal
Lv. 22
Absorb
Nature Power
Fake Out
Astonish

;259; Swamp & Soft Sand
Lv.24
Water Gun
Tackle
Mud Shot
Foresight

Ziggy: Cut
Electrike: Flash

Well, that's all for now.

~YBM

PowerVaporeon
18th January 2005, 5:00 AM
Day2:
I had been lokking for a Taillow for half an hor and finally i found 1 in lvl 4 I caught it and i went to beat the beach runner trainer.
Taillow called "Carmela" won the fight against the Seedot and reached the lvl 6 and Prudencio won against Taillow. I fought against the Magma soldier with Taillow and i won. Then i decided to go to the gym when my Wingull was at lvl 14. When i was fighting against the leader's Geodude my Wingull was at lvl 16 and when i bet (don't know the correct form on the verb beat in past tense) it it reached the lvl 17.
The fight against Nosepass was very hard.
Wingull: Used Watergun (took 1/3 Nosepass HP)
Nosepass: Rock Tomb (Wingull was at 2)
Wingull: Watergun again
Nosepass: Rock Tomb and Wingull fainted.
I put a slave and revived Wingull, then he gave a potion to his nosepass and i did the same with wingull, but the salve died.
Wingull: Water Gun
Nosepass: Rock Tomb
Wingull: Water Gun
Nosepass: Potion
Wingull: Water gun and i won the gym.
Now i decided to take a rest.

Day 3:
I fought against the magma soldier again and i beat it with Carmela so he gve me Peeko, the Devoin worker gave me the Great Ball and the Boss of the Devon company gave me the Pokenav.
I went to the fighting island (don't know the name in english) and the first thing I did was to beat Brawly, Carmela beat Machop and Makuhita and there's when my Taillow evolved to Swellow.

Current Pokemon:

Lvl 17 Wingull: Prudencio
Male
Water Gun
Growl
Supersonic
Wing Attack

Lvl 22 Swellow: Carmela
Female
Wing Attack
Double Team
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

Flames Galore
26th January 2005, 3:48 AM
I am doing the fighting type challenge.

Fighting Type Mono Team Challenge

Day 1: Named myself Kapow. Got Torchic as a starter, who I nicknamed Blaze. Saved the old Professor, and went to battle his daughter, who I whooped. I raised my Torchic to level 7, and it grew to level 8 after the battle. I beat two trainers, raised my Torchic to level 10, and caught an HM slave and item grabber, an Zigzagoon level 3, nicknamed Scavenger. As I entered the Petalburg forest, Blaze was level 13. I found a Shroomish level 5, and threw a pokeball, catching my second team member, whom I nicknamed Taki. I backtracked to train Taki, raising her to level 9 before proceeding into the forest. I kicked the grunt’s butt, raising Taki’s level in the process. Coming out of the forest, my pokemon were:

Blaze/Torchic Lv. 14
Scratch
Growl
Focus Energy
Ember

Taki/Shroomish Lv. 11
Absorb
Tackle
Stun Spore
Leech Seed

Scavenger(Slave/Item Grabber) Lv. 3
Tackle
Growl

I then looked for a Slakoth to ingame trade for Makuhita. I couldn’t find one, so I gave up. I then beat some more trainers, grabbed the many items in Rustboro, and challenged the gym. My pokemon were:

Blaze/Combusken Lv. 16
Double Kick
Peck
Focus Energy
Ember

Taki/Shroomish Lv. 14
Absorb
Tackle
Stun Spore
Leech Seed

Tackle
Growl

Taki wiped both pokemon out easily. She made Roxanne use her potions on Geodude, wiped it out with a few absorbs, and stun spored, leech seeded, and drained Nosepassand. Nedless to say, I got my badge. I healed my pokemon, taught Scavenger cut, and went after the Devon Goods. Midway through the area, Taki has learned mega drain, and so at the end of day 1, my pokemon are:

Blaze/Combusken Lv. 16
Double Kick
Peck
Focus Energy
Ember

Taki/Shroomish Lv. 14
Mega Drain
Tackle
Stun Spore
Leech Seed

Tackle
Growl
Cut

Yay!

MrGuy
31st January 2005, 8:59 PM
I'm starting with Ground.

Day 1: Well, I picked Mudkip beat the Poochyena. I went up to meet May, that's where I stopped.

blackfoxnick565
1st February 2005, 4:49 AM
I found my Ruby and here we go:

I defeated Flannery then Norman after some training. I deposited Loudred and got surf. I taught surf to my Linoone. They are all now level 32 and higher. I taught Delcatty Ice Beam and Thunderbolt and beat Winona. I got the red orb and now flew to Slateport and and watched as Maxie dive in the submarine and drive off. I flew to Lilycove and defeated my Rival. I went into the Safari Zone and got a Girafarig and Doduo. That's has far as I gotten.

Zangoose@ Macho Brace
Sassy
Moveset:
leer
quick attack
swords dance
crush claw

Linoone
Adamant
Moveset:
Surf
cut
tail whip
fury swipes

Spinda
Serious
Moveset:
Secret power
hypnosis
Dizzy Punch
Psybeam

Delcatty@ Silk Scarf
Hardy
Moveset:
Sing
Ice Beam
Facade
Thunderbolt

Doduo
Hasty
Moveset:
Pursuit
fly
tri attack
rage

Girafarig
Brave
Early Bird
Moveset:
Astonish
Confusion
Stomp
odor sleuth

Flames Galore
4th February 2005, 3:59 AM
Whoa, haven't done this in a while. Small update:

Plowed through the route, and beat the poochyena in 1/2 a double kick. Went to Mr. Briney's house and went to Dewford. I picked up some things from people and went into Granite Cave. I first caught a Makuhita which I nicknamed Russo (no idea why). Gave Steven the letter and healed my pokemon. I started training Russo, who had started at level 7, and in the process found out that Makuhitas aren't that great of pokemon. Anyway, it's now at level 10. Go me!

SakonUkon
7th February 2005, 1:24 AM
I took the challenge on my first file on my Sapphire.

My Water Team:

Swampert lv 100
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Earthquake
- Surf

Tentcruel lv 100
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Confuse Ray
- Mirror Coat

Milotic lv 100
- Surf
- Toxic
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

Kingdra lv 100
- Surf
- Substitute
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam

Gyarados lv 100
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roar
- Return

Politoed lv 100
- Metronome
- Psychic
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Atlantius
7th February 2005, 2:37 AM
I've come up with another challenge to be used! The One-Pokemon-Only Challenge. You must defeat the Elite Four (and play through the rest of the game) with only one Pokemon (plus your starter and any HM slaves). You may trade over an egg, so if you want to try it using your favorite Pokemon or something, feel free. If Dias wants to edit this onto the main post, more people might see it.

I'm currently doing this on my Ruby version with Torchic for TMs, but I'll be doing it officially with a Spheal later on.

Pwner9999
7th February 2005, 11:40 AM
OMG, I recently joined the forums, saw this thread and I thought "Hey, I bet I could do this with fighting". Well, actually I have done it before, but this time I'm going to do it with only one pokemon, my Torchic. This is going to be fun.
Update:
I started with Torchic, beat the Poochyena and proceeded. I trained up to level 12 (OMG) and beat May's Mudkip with 3 Embers. Then I went back, bought heaps of pokeballs (got running shoes to) and caught 5 Ziggy's. (Rare Candy). So far they have given me lots of things, Proteins, Super Potions, Ultra Balls, Nuggets etc. Then I levelled up and fought Roxanne, with my new Combusken!

1 Double Kick took Geodude into the veeeeery low HP, then Geodude used Defense Curl. Roxanne used a Potion, but I used Ember. Roxanne used another potion, I used Ember. Then one Double Kick took it out. Roxanne sent out Nosepass (duh). I used Double Kick to wipe out about 2/3 of its health. It used Harden. Pah. 1 Double Kick took it out. I saved there and then. More updates tomorrow (or maybe even today)
EDIT/UPDATE:
Lol. I finally got up to Brawly, after doing all that **** that I was supposed to do. I caught a Lotad (LVL4) to be a Flash/Surf slave, then I proceeded into Brawly's gym. Before long, I was in a battle with the Fighting Gym Leader. Here's what happened.
He sent out Machop, I sent out Combusken Lvl 21
I Pecked him, taking of 2/3rd of his life, then he Leered me. I hit him with another Peck and he fainted, my Combusken grew to lvl 22! Yay! He sends out Makuhita. I Peck him, which takes approx. 55 % of his life off. Then he used Arm Thrust, which hit me five times, taking my life down to 29 HP. OMG!! I used another Peck and ended the battle.
Team-Fighting Mono Challenge
Combusken Lvl 22
Double Kick/Tackle/Ember/Peck
5 Ziggy's. (Cut HM, plus all that Tackle and Tail Whip crap.) Lvls 3-5
Also have a Lotad Lvl 4 in PC.

PowerVaporeon
10th February 2005, 11:28 PM
I got bored with the Flying type challlenge so i decided to start a fighting one.
Day 1:
My first pokemon was a Torchic called Arlequin who I trained to lvl 7 to beat easily May's Mudkip with a Scratch and a Critical Scratch.
Arlequin was at lvl 14 when I met my other Friend a female Shroomish who I called Punchi at lvl 6 I decided to catch him brcause in that moment I remembered that it evolved in a Fighting type.
I continued training Torchic to evolve it.
I was looking for a Slakoth for 15 minutes and I catch it at lvl 5 I went to the house next to the gym and I traded it for a Makuhita called Makit.
I trained Punchi and finally she evolved.
I went to beat Roxanne and it was very easy, 2 double Kicks killed Both Geodude and Nosepass.
Day 2:
I saved Peeko beating the Magma Grunt with my Makit it was a lvl 13 when i recieved the PokéNav, then i went to the owner of Peeko house and he go with me to Dewford Town
I beat Brawly easily with Breloom and give the Letter to Steve.
Finally i beat the team Magma in Slateport City museum where my Makit evolved into Hariyama.

Current Pokémon:
;256; : Arlequin
Double Kick
Peck
Focus Energy
Ember

;286; : Punchi
Nature: Hasty
Heatbutt
Mega Drain
Stun Spore
Mach Punch

;297; : Makit
Arm Thrust
Focus Energy
Vital Throw
Whirlwind

shinyflyquaza
13th February 2005, 9:14 PM
Ground type

Day 1 : picked up mudkip, trained it to marshtomp, and gonna defeat may, then defeated every trainer on my way to the first gym, then catcht a nincada and trained it to lvl 18 , then gonna look for steven, and trained my nincada to lvl 29. then defeated the second gym, with my marshtomp ( lvl 27 ) and nincada ( lvl 29 )

Day 2 : have defeated all trainers on the way to mauville gym, defeated wally with ease, having a marshtomp lvl 35 and a nincada lvl 37, then defeated the whole team with marshtomp, then he finnaly evolved to a swampert, defeated everyone on the road to gonna defeat team magma, catcht a sandsrew, and trained it to lvl 28, it has evolved in a sandslash, have defeated the 4th gym with ease, then i have looking for a trapinch and a baltoy, and i have catcht them both, then i just think to catcht a numel and train it to lvl 23

Day 3 : trained trapinch to lvl 37 and evolved it to vibrava, also have trained numel to lvl 33 to get a camerupt, have trained sandslash to lvl 37

Day 4: trained baltoy to lvl 38, and have evolved it into claydol, have trained vibrava to lvl 45, and evoled it to flygon

team match up

;344; ;290; ;330; ;323; ;260; ;028;

Atlantius
18th February 2005, 1:50 AM
Eh, that's on the R/S forums.

Heh.

Except I made this post before that was created =/.

blackfoxnick565
19th February 2005, 12:36 AM
For Ruby:

I'm training Clarity, my male Skitty. He's currently level 19. I'm training for the 8th gym match. I know, but I need to train my other pokemon.

Missingno. Master
25th March 2005, 3:07 PM
I know Poison wasn't one of the listed types, but I started a Poison challenge anyway.

Day one (I had a lot of spare time, so I got pretty far that day)
Started with Mudkip, and caught a Wurmple ASAP, and deposited Mudkip. after winning many diffucult battles, Wurmple evolved into Cascoon, like I hoped. I followed the regular storyline up to Rustboro, all the while training my Cascoon. After some additional training in route 116, it evolved into DUstox. I tried taking on Roxanne, and lost rather quickly. I raised Dustox up to Lv. 15, and won the next gym battle. As soon as I reached Dewford, I cgot my Old Rod and caught a Tentacool. THen, I went to Granite Cave, deliverd the letter, and caught Zubat. I then proceded to beat Dewford Gym, whiich was easy thanks to Dustox's Confusion and Gust attacks. Moved on to Slateport, delivered the Devon GOods, and went north for some training. I caught a GUlpin in the process. After some tough training, I was able to beat May. Saved; In front of Winstrate House
Pokemon (All are Male);

Tentacool, lv. 13
Mild Nature
Attacks; Constrict, Poison Sting, Supersonic

Zubat, lv. 16
Lonely Nature
Attacks; Steel Wing, Supersonic, Leech Life, Bite

Gulpin, Lv. 17
Modest Nature
Attacks; Sludge, Yawn, Poison Gas, Amnesia

Dustox, Lv. 23
Calm Nature
Attacks; Confusion, Poison Sting, Gust, Moonlight

blackfoxnick565
31st March 2005, 1:16 AM
I got Clarity to level 40 and all my others to level 40. I only am using 5 pokemon right now. I defeated Wallace and got my pokemon to level 44+. Here's my team:

Zangoose@ Lax Liscense
Sassy
Attacks:
Shadow Ball
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance
Crush Claw

Clarity( Skitty)@ Nothing
Calm
Attacks:
faint Attack
calm mind
baton pass
Ice Beam

Spinda@ Nothing
Serious
Attacks:
Water Pulse
Hypnosis
Dizzy Punch
Psybeam

Delcatty@ Silk Scarf
Hardy
Attacks:
sing
facade
ice beam
thunderbolt

Linoone@ Nothing
Adamant
Attacks:
Surf
Cut
Rock Smash
Slash

Delcatty is the weakest and wondering what normal pokemon to add to my team.

orangekows
16th April 2005, 11:32 PM
i have a bug/grass team. i dont care if its not following the rules because they all have a weakness to fire. i have

beautifly lv 19
modest

gust
absorb
poison sting
stun spore

shroomish lv 19
naughty

mega drain
tackle
stun spore
leech seed

dustox lv 19
lax

harden
confusion
gust
protect

nincada@exp share
lv 9
jolly

scratch
harden
leech life
silver wind

roselia lv 13
bold
absorb
growth
poison sting
stun spore

blackfoxnick565
20th April 2005, 12:35 AM
It has to follow the rules. That deserves a warning. You're supposed to follow the rules like the rest of us.

orangekows
20th April 2005, 12:45 AM
oh well, sorry i actually stopped playing it because i got bored.

smahlt
22nd May 2005, 6:57 AM
This is an awesome idea! I'm gonna give it a try using Normal, since I practically never use Normal types. I'll have an update tomorrow if I can get on.

smahlt
23rd May 2005, 3:04 AM
Alright, I'm doing a Normal-type challenge. I started with mudkip, and first chance i got, I caught a Zigzagoon and dumped Mudkip in the PC. I trained a bit, then saw that I was getting cheated out of Attack. (2 levels in a row of +0 attack) I caught two more and picked the better one and kept the rest for the Pickup ability. Later, I caught a Taillow and a Whismur.

My Team:
Zigzagoon ;263;
Level 15
Headbutt
Growl
Tail Whip
Tackle

Whismur ;293;
Level 18
Pound
Uproar
Astonish
Howl

Taillow ;276;
Level 15
Wing Attack
Peck
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

Plus two not-used low level Zigzagoons that have benifited me very well with Pickup. (3 nuggets, 2 protein, 16 Super potion, 4 Rare Candy, 4 Ultra Ball, 1 master ball (Kidding about the Master Ball :P))

Anyone else who is doing Normal, do you have any suggestions for beating Roxanne? Because I got killed before her Geodude was even half dead.

xSpiritedAwayx
7th June 2005, 12:12 AM
This is my Emerald team. I really don't look for strategy and combos, just strength. Oh, I don't use Uber-Pokemon:

Blaziken Lvl : 57 ;257;
Gentle:Blaze
Focus Band

Moves:
Fire-Blast, Fire-Punch, Double Kick, Blaze Kick

Glalie Lvl 56 ;362;
Rash:Inner Focus
Item:Nevermeltice

Moves:
Crunch, Icy Wind, Ice Beam, Blizzard

Tyranitar Lvl 58 ;248;
Careful:Sand Stream
Items:none

Moves:
Crunch, Thunder, Rock Slide, Blizzard

Milotic Lvl 59 ;350;
Naive:Swift Swim
Item:Left Overs

Moves:
Ice Beam, Surf, Water Pulse, Mirror Coat

Salamence Lvl 55 ;373;
Bashful:Intimidate
Item:none

Moves:
Fly, Rock Tomb, Flame Thrower, Dragon Claw

Manectric Lvl 51 ;310;
Brave:Lightning Rod
Item:Black Glasses

Moves:
Bite, Shock Wave, Rain Dance, Thunder

~Ralts~
19th June 2005, 1:20 AM
(a possible bump...)
I'm getting bored on my Sapphire Contest team, so I'm starting a Fighting chalenge on my Ruby. First, I gotta find where I put it .0.

Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!
1st July 2005, 1:30 PM
I am doing a Water type team.
Got Mudkip.
Beat May.
Lets see.. Gym battles?
Roxanne: EASY
Brawly: Gonna have to rely on Wingull...
Wattson: Lets hope that Mudkip has evolved...
Flannery: EASY
Norman: Meh-ish.
Winona: Let's hope I have a Gyarados that knows Thunderbolt...
Tate and Liza: EASY
Wallace: Let's hope I can get a Tentacruel with Giga Drain...

Zora
5th July 2005, 7:01 AM
My team is in my TC which is my SIG. It is Water.

Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!
7th July 2005, 1:44 AM
Well, I am doing a normal type team.
Chose Treecko.

Pandough 10
11th July 2005, 2:17 AM
Yo. I've been doing Normal. So far I have a Lv. 16 Taillow (Apple) a Lv. 10 Whismur (Tang) a Lv. 12 Slakoth, and a Lv. 12 Zigzagoon (Sprint.) Plus I have a Lotad and a Marshtomp.

KewlBrettC_the_Tormentor
30th July 2005, 6:22 PM
I chose the Grass

Current team:

Grovyle Lv. 23
Female
Pound
Bullet Seed
Cut
Pursuit

Breloom Lv.24
Male
Leech Seed
Mach Punch
Headbutt
Mega Drain

Lombre Lv.24
Male
Absorb
Astonish
Nature Power
Fake Out

Nuzleaf Lv.25
Pound
Nature Power
Torment
Fake Out

Roselia Lv.28
Poison Sting
Mega Drain
Leech Seed
Magical Leaf

Game: Emerald (The 2nd One I Bought)
Badges: 4
Pokemon: 54/202
Yeah i may not be able to train some but i catch them...

Darkeggy
6th August 2005, 4:46 AM
overall, each pokemon in my team is the apex of it's breed.

This made me lol a bit.

EDIT: I'll do some Mono-type team besides water(I already did it), and post it in Competitive, since I have no intention of playing Pokemon outside NB/Gamecube anymore. I already finished the pokedex(thank you AR), and I can own my brother whenever the hell I want on the Gamecube.

Golden Groudon
6th August 2005, 5:49 AM
King_Panda is a *******. Period

leafgreen386
6th August 2005, 6:04 AM
Please. Make a thread and get that team rated. I can't do it here as it would take up too much space, and would likely develop into a flamewar fast.

Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!
11th August 2005, 5:28 AM
Starting fighting.... Still on ruby...

Started this a while ago...

Torchic Lv.10
Impish
Male
Scratch
Growl
Focus Energy
Ember

Beat May,Got the pokedex, Trained Torchic

Hmmm... Gyms?

Roxanne: Relying on Shroomish and/or Combusken
Brawly: Combusken
Wattson: Going all out... Do not turn off the power.
Flannery: Keeping Breloom Out of this one
Norman: Mmmm... CAKE!
Winona: Run Awaaaaaay!!!
Tate and Liza: Go! My whole team!
Wallace: Breloom

shadow charmander
11th August 2005, 4:47 PM
i shall do normal..since i have no experience with these... started with torchic. went aroung and fought rival.came back, got pokedex and then caught a few zigzagoons for item picking and training. dumped torchic in box.trained both to lvl 10 and went and helped wally catch his ralts. went to foerst. caught taillow, and after lots of searching, a slakoth.trained taillow to lvl 12,slakoth to 10, and my zigzagoons to lvl 14 each.fuoght aqua member. owned his poochyena.exited forest.fought all the trainers on my way up to rustboro city.went over to field near the rusturf cave and spent a long time trying to find skitty.fianlly found one.

got tired of playing...will update soon maybe..unless i forget..

Golden Groudon
11th August 2005, 5:16 PM
Wallace: Breloom
I hope you know that grass typpe attacks on breloom is horrible. Not to mention that milotic has killer S-Def. Go with sporepunch.

aipomkong
11th August 2005, 5:17 PM
I'm wondering whether to do mono Zigzagoon or not

mimic
11th August 2005, 10:07 PM
This is my Emerald team. I really don't look for strategy and combos, just strength. Oh, I don't use Uber-Pokemon:

Good Luck With that you noob

Golden Groudon
11th August 2005, 10:13 PM
Good Luck With that you noob
-________________-

Ultimate Flyzard
13th August 2005, 2:47 PM
WOW!! Something worth trying on my pokemon ruby version. I think i will have a bash at this and the type i choose is fighting.

Team so far:-

Lv 5 Torchic
scratch, growl, N/A, N/A

So far i have saved the professor and got to the city above littleroot town.

this is going to be fun lol.

Darkeggy
13th August 2005, 5:14 PM
Of course. It'd be impossible if you didn't.

toxicshadows
19th August 2005, 11:36 AM
I will go with normal type

firewater
21st August 2005, 1:34 AM
Hi I am new here and spotted this and chose the water mono

day 1

picked mudkip and beat rival and the poochena after I beat them I caught 4 zigzagoons 3 for items 1 for hm's and a wingull but I get rid of the wingull after doing this I battle all of the trainers from oldale to petalburg and watched wally catch ralts. after this I go through the forest beating every thing with mudkip. When I leave I face my first conflict in the double battle as I do not wish to level up the zigzagoons so I faint all 4 then I beat the seedot and lotad with mudkip. After this I go to rustboro and heal mudkip. once I do that I fight all of the trainers up to the cave evolving mudkip in the process after I finish this I fight roxanne and her pokemon winning with ease. Then I save peeko and retreve the package from the team magma grunt and go to dewford.

Team

marshtomp (blaster)(male) L.17 ;259;
hasty
water gun
mud shot
bide
tackle

4 zigzagoons

Day 2

When I reach dewford I go and catch a magicarp and ditch one of the zigzagoons then I go to the tunnel leveling up magicarp in the process after I give the letter to steven I go and battle brawly again winning but It was harder than last time.After that I go and deliver the devon goods. After I do this I immediately get the expience share and raise magicarp to evolve once it evolved I fight the rival whick with my new gyarados was very easy as it's dual type protected it from absorb. after I defeat her I go on to mauville city .

Team day 2

Marstomp L.25 (blaster) ;259;
hasty
water gun
mud shot
bide
tackle

Gyarados L.21 (gyra) (female) ;130;
sassy
tackle
bite
splash

Bloody Banette
21st August 2005, 2:40 PM
I'll take the Water challenge.
Day 1:
Got Mudkip from Birch and I named him Makaay. I was fighting wild poke's when i found a shiny Wingull :) so i caught it and named him Pizarro. Trained Makaay up to lvl 8 and beat May then I caught some Zigzagoons for Hm slave and for items. Helped wally to catch Ralts and evolved Makaay. After that I decided that it was time to beat Roxanne.
Pizarro against Geodude: Pizarro used water gun and Geodude's HP went down to 1, then Geodude used Rock Tomb and Pizarro Fainted.
It was the turn of Makaay: Roxanne used a Potion on Geodude, but the Water Gun killed Geodude.
I used Water Gun twice to kill Nosepass.

Marshtomp (Makaay) Lvl 17 ;259;
Quiet
Water Gun
Mud Shot
Growl
Tackle

Wingull (Pizarro) Lvl 12 ;278;
Careful
Water Gun
Growl
Supersonic

IrkenAdolescent
22nd August 2005, 9:30 PM
I guess I could give this a shot *restarts Ruby for the 1,000,000th time*. I'm gonna go with a mono-type Water team, my starter being Mudkip of course.

Day 1:
I named myself Giovanni (One of the coolest names around), set the clock, grabbed the Potion from my PC, met May, picked my Mudkip, whooped the Poochyena in 5 seconds, and went off to see May again. Fought May. Easy. Caught a Wingull and a Zigzagoon (for items and Hms). Went through the forest, and beat the Magma guy easy. Trained Mudkip to lv. 15, and trained Wingull to level 11.

Giovanni:

Mudkip@nothing
Level 15
Jolly Nature
Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap, Water Gun

Wingull@nothing
Level 11
Quirky Nature
Growl, Water Gun, Supersonic

Zigzagoon@nothing
Impish Nature
Level 3
Tackle, Growl

firewater
23rd August 2005, 3:19 AM
I have done a few things in the last 2 days

I crushed wattson,flannery,and norman

beat team magma at Mt chimney

caught a corphish

and I am on my way to fortree

Team

blaster (swampert) L.38
hasty
surf
take down
mud shot
bide

Gyra(Gyarados) L37
sassy
secret power
surf
dragon rage
twister

Corpal (Corphish) L.18
quirky
surf
vicegrip
harden
leer

2 zigzagoons

Bloody Banette
23rd August 2005, 3:57 AM
Day 2 and 3
Rescued Peeko and went to Dewford Town, there i gave the letter to Steve and Beat Brawly easily with Wing Attack of my shiny Pizarro. Got the fishing rod and caught a Tentacool and named him Ballack. Got the exp share and then I beat the Magma guys at slateport.
Meanwhile Tentacool was growing up with the share till he reach lvl 15, then with Makaay then crushed Watson. When I was going to Fallabor Town Pizarro evolved into Pelipper, Ballack evolved into Tentacruel and makaay evolved into Swampert. Finally I arived Lavaridge and beat Flannery easily with Balack and his Bubblebeam.

Swampert (Makaay)(M) Lvl 36
Mud Shot
Water Gun
Tackle
Growl

Pelipper (Pizarro)(M) Lvl 31
Water Gun
Wing Attack
Supersonic
Protect

Tentacruel (Ballack)(M) Lvl 30
Docile
Bubblebeam
Acid
Thief
Supersonic

Blaziken05
25th August 2005, 5:46 PM
I decided to do a mono fighting team, so I chose Torchic. After beating up on wild Pokemon for over an hour, it eveolved into Combusken. I preceeded to beat May into oblivion and made my way to Petalburg and beyond. Caught a Shroomish for a SporePunching Breloom, then leveled it up to 17. Defeated Roxanne easily and went to Dewford. Caught a Makuhita and gave Shroomish an everstone until it learns Spore. Beat Brawly, and plan to beat my rival next.

Current Team:
Combusken lv. 23
Moves that it will know: Overheat, Sky Uppercut, Swords Dance/Bulk Up, Rock Slide

Shroomish lv. 22@everstone
Moves that it will know: Spore, Focus Punch, Sky Uppercut, Leech Seed

Makuhita lv. 22
Moves that it will know: Substitute, Focus Punch, Rock Slide, EQ

Edit: All are now at lv. 32 or 33, and I got my third badge.

Dark Venusaur
30th August 2005, 6:03 PM
I will pick normal types because they can learn more TM's and HM's then any type of Pokemon.

godhead3
5th September 2005, 5:58 AM
;384; ;382; ;009; Rayquaza Lv70 Blastoise Lv100 Kyogre Lv100 3 from my ruby party

_Jolteon_
7th September 2005, 4:53 AM
i did the challange and beat the elite four with:
dustox lv 53
tentacruel lv 54
vileplume lv 52
crobat lv 53
seviper lv52
i had hm slaves but never used them for battle.

it was hard with all poisons, especially at the beginning trying to beat gyms with tentacruel and zubat that knew no attack moves. but evenually destroyed them by confusing them.

plus dustox sucked, yet i liked using him.

amphoros
20th September 2005, 6:24 PM
I will use ground type but will get rid of mudkip a soon as possible because i think its cheating

buffylover56@aol.com
22nd September 2005, 9:01 PM
I'll do the Grass challenge!

Dragnitar
24th September 2005, 8:21 PM
My first choice was electric, but thats not one of em'
My second choice was fire ,but that;s not one of em' either
My Third choice is water
My fourth choice is bug(i might think about doing this type)
My fifth choice in fighting
My sixth choice is normal
My seventh is flying
My eighth ground
My ninth in grass(i hate grass types!)

My Official choice is Normal(To be just like Norman)

firewater
27th September 2005, 10:26 PM
I stopped my water challenge but I may start over

teampez
28th September 2005, 2:33 AM
ill proably do bug
edit: started with torchic did all the stuff up inill the point where you get pokeballs. I caught a wurmple evovled into a cascoon the into a dustox. whent onto route 102 fought most of the trainers and dustox reached lv 13. skipped most trainers and caught a nincada.
team
dustox lv 13

nincada lv 10

edit: Woot havent updated in about a month. But anyways a went through hoenn basicly with shedinja and ninjask. My dustox turned out to be worthless<(. I didnt catch any other bugs intill heracross in the safari zone(took alleast 15 safari balls to catch.)

I beat the elite thanks basicly to shendinjas wonder guard and heracrosses brick break.

MetaKnight
24th October 2005, 10:53 AM
I'll Do A Steel Type Team But Is It Alright If I Don 't Defeat The Gyms Because Of The Shiny I Have? I Don't Have Another Game To Trade It To!

team aqua leader lee
29th October 2005, 8:03 PM
i am doing a grass type team and so far i have got

lvl43 sceptile@none
quiet
leaf blade
aerial ace
pursuit
quick attack

lvl45 ludicolo@none
modest
rain dance
surf
ice beam
giga drain

lvl47 shiny cacturne(lucky me)@ none
hardy
needle arm
cotton spore
faint attack
ingrain

lvl41 Breloom@none
brave
mach punch
leech seed
sky uppercut
stun spore

lvl48 tropius@none
lonely
fly
body slam
sunny day
solar beam

lvl13 marill@none(HM SLAVE DON'T USE FOR ANY BATTLES)
strength
rock smash
waterfall
dive/surf

Rufinito18
5th November 2005, 5:03 AM
i decided to do an all ground mono team

Right now i have

-Marshtomp lv 31
-Numel lv 19
Heading for meteor falls

pokemon i intend to add

Trapinch, baltoy, sandshrew. phanpy

EDIT:

Mind road

Vivraba lv 35
Camerupt lv 33
Swampert lv 42
Blatoy lv 31
Sandslash lv 30
Phanpy lv 27 ( just caught)

Jerichi
14th November 2005, 3:54 AM
I have choosen to do Flying mono type because of there varity.
Aria
ID29940
Rock Road
I started by picking Mudkip to ease up the rival battles (I'm playing as a girl because i'm a boy in my others. I beat Brendan and deposited Mudkip after cathing a Wingull, nicknamed Waterskim, training on my way to Rustburo. I caught a Tailow, nicknamed Swallow, leveled up, and fought Roxanne. It took me 2 tries and won using only Waterskim with a Supersonic/Water Gun combo.
After the battle, I caught a Nincada, named Ninjafly, and fought the Aqua Peon. I just got to DEVON CORP. and will train my Nincada tomorrow.
NEW!!Knuckle Road
I caught a Slavezagoon on the way to the dock. I then crossed to Dewford and fought the other trainers in Brawly's gym. I fought the fisherman at the top. I whent in to Granite Cave and trained, gave Steven his letter and cought a Lv. 10 Zubat, named Thrashbat. I went to Sleport fought 2 trainers and talked to Stern's assistant. I whent back to Dewford and whent to train.

Lv.16Waterskim/wingull
Lonly@none
Growl
Water Gun
Supersonic
Wing Attack

Lv.14Swallow/Tailow
Jolly@none
Wing Attack
Growl
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

Lv.12Ninjafly/Nincada
Mild@none
Scratch
Harden
Leech Life
Sand-attack

Lv.10Tharashbat/Zubat
Hardy@none
Leech Life
Supersonic
-
-

Lv.6Slave/Zigzagoon
Docile@none
Tackle
Growl
Tail Whip
Cut

TOY MACHINE
23rd November 2005, 4:47 AM
i did water i decided no tto post till end but here it is

Walrien
adament

Surf
Ice Beam
toxic
encore

Kabutops
brave

blizzard
endure
flail
rock sldie

Lanturn
docile

thunder
raindance
thunder wave
surf

Starmie
modest

thunderbolt
recover
psychic
surf

vaporeon
modest

baton pass
acid armor
hydro pump
substitue

:) there it is took about 5 days all at level 60-65 this is great cus i needed good waters and they were a traded as eggs :) so no clus at natures and what not

Blazing_skils6
25th November 2005, 11:02 PM
Well, I decided to start a fighting challenge on my Sapphire.

So I started by choosing torchic. KIlled Poochy way to easily and nicknamed my Torchic^Uppercut^. Lvled Uppercut till lvl 7 and beat May's mudkip. Got pokballs and dex. lvled uppercut to lvl 10 and I managed to catch a slakoth and a shroomish. In rustoboro city, traded slakoth for makuhita^ Maki^, lvled him till 12.I was so angry when I discovered he wasn't obeing anymore. O well, i'll train him later. Shroomish is now lvl 16 so I decided to take the gym. While running to the gym, Uppercut EVOLVED!! Beat Roxanne to easily. I was just mega daining her pokémon.

2 gym

Right after beating Roxanne I went to the 2 gym. Brawly was to easy Combusken took care of his pokémon with peck.

I went to the granite cave right after to train intensily maki. After destroying ALOT of aron, I managed to level uppercut and shroomish to lvl 21 and 22.

Running for 3 gym

Right after, I went to Slateport beach and killed every single pokémon. My shroomish evolde into Breloom. Whent in the name deleter's house and named Breloom^kikroots^. Destroyed Team aqua and saved at the pokemon center.

My pokémon are now

;286; kikroots lvl24@nothing
-Mach Punch -Stun Spore
-Mega Drain -Leech seed

;297; Maki lvl 24@nothing
-Tackle -Headbutt
-Arm Thrust -Vital Throw

;256; Uppercut lvl 26@nothing
-Scratch -Peck
-Double Kick -Ember

blackfoxnick565
3rd December 2005, 3:56 PM
I'll start a ground mono-team... Been awhile and want to see if this'll work. I will be starting with Mudkip.

firewater
5th December 2005, 1:56 AM
I'l do a mono water team

chose mudkip

Team

Mudkip L.5;258;
brave
tackle
growl

firewater
5th December 2005, 8:23 PM
I beat

roxanne easy
brawly easy

caught 5 slavezoons and a magicarp

my hardest battle was my rival since I tried to beat her grovile with marshtomp but I lost 3 times until I realised I needed to evolve gyrados which I did and easily beat her

my team

Marshtomp;259; L.25
brave
water gun
mud shot
bide
tackle

gyrados ;130; L.20
tackle
splash
bite

4 slavezoons

meganium5000
6th December 2005, 3:07 AM
Go MILOTIC Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Mudkip of DVN
13th December 2005, 10:18 PM
I can't help posting this- I've done this (in both Ruby and Sapphire) so many times using Water or Grass (with occasional slave Zigzagoons). Other types probably could be a bit of a challenge, though.

intergalactic platypus
14th December 2005, 11:27 PM
hmmmm....i guess ill give grass a try for added challenge. for my start, i picked treeko from birch and went through the games opening rounds without trouble. i expect things to get interesting fairly soon when i head to the forest and catch my first lotad...im already thinking of a team, but im torn between cacturne and shiftry for the dark grass slot...but yeah ill update when the time comes. IMPORTANT EDIT: i think someone stole my GBA. im not sure yet, but if i cant find it soon enough ill have to get a new one. it contained my emerald, so now i only have LG...but im sure ill find who took it. ANOTHER IMPORTANT EDIT: it was recovered. i whipped roxanne with lotad, which evolved into lombre afterwards. treeko also evovled, and i now have shroomish. im on my way to drop off the package in dewford; but im starting to experience a bit of trouble running into grasses many weaknesses

XANA2.0
21st December 2005, 12:54 AM
I am starting a Grass type challenge
First i started with Treecko:male, modest,lv6, pound and leer

Shadowcat
27th December 2005, 4:44 AM
I started a Water Mono Type Team Challenge.

Day One
On my way with my starter, Mudkip. I nicknamed him Kipper, and I was off. After training him to Level 10, I found it easy to beat May. With three Tackle attacks, I finished off her Treecko. After that, I was off to Route 102 to do some training, and find a Surskit to help me. Now, with Kipper currently at Level 12, I'm still looking for a Surskit. But, for some strange reason, I keep finding Ralts. Now, off to find that Surskit!

Boring Story on my first Mono Type Team Challenge Day.

Neo
27th December 2005, 6:33 PM
I too started a Water Mono challenge on my Ruby. Just so I'm clear, can I trade over Lotad from Sapphire?

So far I have Mudkip and Wingull, just approaching Petalburg City for the first time.
Mudkip @ Lv 12
Quiet nature
HP: 34
Atk: 23
Def: 18
Sp Atk: 18
Sp Def: 17
Speed: 14

Wingull @ Lv 6
Docile nature (not keeping this Poke)
HP: 21
Atk: 9
Def: 9
Sp Atk: 13
Sp Def: 9
Speed: 15

Will update after each gym

EDIT: I'll update now.
In Dewford now, and ?I have caught a Magikarp now. Decided I'm not going to bother with natures because, well, I can't be bothered. This is my team at the moment:

Marshtomp @ lv 16
HP:49
Atk:34
Def:29
Sp Atk:26
Sp Def:27
Speed:21

Wingull @ lv 16
HP:41
Atk:17
Def:18
Sp Atk:26
Sp Def:18
Speed:33

Magikarp @ lv 10
HP:24
Atk:8
Def:14
Sp Atk:10
Sp Def:11
Speed:23

firewater
28th December 2005, 8:57 PM
Now I have beaten Norman gotten surf and am going to the abandoned ship

Swampert
brave
L.36
surf
mud shot
take down
bide

gyrados
L.34
gentle
Secret power
bite
dragon rage
surf

on my emerald i am doing a grass challenge

my team

treeko l.5
timid
pound
leer

Neo
30th December 2005, 7:55 PM
Won't update every gym now, probably every 2 gyms.

Well, now I've beaten Wattson and am looking for a HM slave to put Rock Smash on. This is my team so far.

Gyarados @ Lv 21
HP: 72
Atk: 60
Def: 35
Sp Atk: 35
Sp Def: 52
Speed: 45

Wingull @ Lv 24
HP: 58
Atk: 24
Def: 26
Sp Atk: 37
Sp Def: 25
Speed: 49

Marshtomp @ Lv 24
HP: 69
Atk: 49
Def: 43
Sp Atk: 37
Sp Def: 39
Speed: 31

firewater
1st January 2006, 6:02 AM
Update on ruby I have 6 badges as Swampert beat winowna by himself my only problem was when it was swampert vs peliper as surfs did very little to it. I also caught a tentacool and psyduck

but my team now is

Swampert L.42
brave
surf
ice beam
mud shot
muddy water

Gyrados L.39
gentle
surf
secret power
hp water
twister

golduck L.33
hasty
surf
psych up
screech
confusion

Tentacool L34
bold
giga drain
surf
acid
bubble beam

and a tropus and another psyduck for HM's

and on emerald I am training for my team of

treeko L.12
timid
absorb
QA
pound
leer

lotad L.11
astonish
absorb
growl

shroomish L.12
absorb
stun spore
tackle
leech seed

nuzleaf L.14
nature power
bullet seed
harden
growth.

shanewinnie
2nd January 2006, 3:44 AM
where is the newbie place

Brown Bomber
3rd January 2006, 7:41 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=33344

LeBlah
7th January 2006, 12:59 AM
Heehee, I've done two mono-type challenges (first time with Psychic/Ghost, I know that isn't MONO, but oh well, and the second time with Grass. Therefore, I hate Flannery's guts, and a Gloom with Sleep powder is your best friend)! But the second time I gave up after Norman.

Air Dragon
9th January 2006, 6:33 PM
Hey this sounds interesting! is it too late to join in?
If not, i pick the normal type for Ruby and the flying type for sapphire! i'll restart and keep in touch! Later!

Neo
10th January 2006, 5:50 PM
Well, I've beaten Liza&Tate now, and it was surprisingly easy actually. Because of my Pokes all bein in the 30s, I thought it would be hard, but I have to thank critical hits for my win lol!

This is my team now:

Swampert@Lv37
Quiet nature
Take Down
Ice Beam
Mud Shot
Surf

Gyarados@Lv38
Hasty nature
Thrash
Hidden Power {Fighting}
Bite
Dragon Rage

Crawdaunt@Lv31
Brave nature
Vicegrip
Bubblebeam
Knock Off
Protect

Starmie@Lv33
Quiet nature
Recover
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf

Lanturn@Lv31
Bold nature
Thunder Wave
Water Gun
Spark
Confuse Ray

Clamperl@Lv28
Hasty nature
Clamp
Surf
Rain Dance
Iron Defense

Will update next after I beat Wallace (which could take a while :s)

firewater
11th January 2006, 3:37 AM
I quit the Grass challenge and on the water one I am trying to beat the magmas in liyicove

team
golduck L.33
hasty
confusion
psych up
surf
screech

tentacool L.34
bold
giga drain
acid
bubblebeam
wrap

Gyrados L39
gentle
secret power
surf
hidden power
twister

Swampert L.42
brave
muddy water
mud shot
surf
ice beam

Jimmy P.
23rd January 2006, 5:42 AM
Hmm... sounds interesting. I think I'll do a Psychic type challenge on Sapphire.
I will update once I have something to update about.
-MS
EDIT: Okay, started the game with Torchic, beat the rival, blah blah blah. Ended up catching a Ralts and immediately started to train it up to level 6. Once it learnt Confusion I dumped Torchic in the box and then headed for Petalburg to help Wally catch his Ralts.
ATM I am in Petalburg Woods, where I caught a Shroomish, and got it up to level 7 where it learnt Stun Spore, which I will use later to get an Abra. I also dumped that in the box, and decided to tackle the Aqua grunt. And silly me, I forgot that Confusion wouldn't work against Poochyena. Luckily I saved just before it.

Current Party:

Ralts, Lvl 8
Female
Gentle
Growl, Confusion

Neo
23rd January 2006, 5:26 PM
Hmm... sounds interesting. I think I'll do a Psychic
ATM I am in Petalburg Woods, where I caught a Shroomish, and got it up to level 7 where it learnt Stun Spore, which I will use later to get an Abra. I also dumped that in the box, and decided to tackle the Aqua grunt. And silly me, I forgot that Confusion wouldn't work against Poochyena. Luckily I saved just before it.

I think that the reason Psychic isn't put onto the list at the front of the sticky is because of these reasons. Plus, I don't think that you're allowed to catch a Shroomish to help you catch a Abra. I always found that the easiest way to catch Abra was with an item called the Great Ball. Throw and hope with Abra I say! :D

And I've decided to stop my mono-type challenge, as I always seem to get bored with Ruby and Sapphire once I've got up to or beaten the 7th gym. Just seems to be really uninteresting from then on.

Jimmy P.
25th January 2006, 7:37 AM
I don't want to come off as rude, but I'd like to take the Psychic one so I can test myself.
Anyways, Ralts is now level 11, and has learnt Double Team. I am in Rustboro City.
-MS
EDIT: Eh, WTF, I think I'll change to a Flying type challenge.

Neo
25th January 2006, 5:59 PM
I don't want to come off as rude, but I'd like to take the Psychic one so I can test myself.
Ok, I'm sorry, but I just thought that doing a whole game through with a Psychic team is quite hard. Well, I suppose it doesn't even matter now anyway now that you're doing a Flying type :D

Air Dragon
27th January 2006, 9:23 AM
Guess i failed the normal type challenge. during the battle with roxanne, i used treecko as a last resort after my taillow, zigzagoon, slakothand whismur all fell to geodude. my skitty eventually beat it, but fell to nosepass due to low HP. as Treecko was the last one left, i used him in desperation and won. that counts as cheating, right? oh well, back to square one i guess. if this scenario doesn't count, let me know so i can put treecko in the pc and focus on the normals. if it was cheating, let me know so that i'll restart posthaste.
The flying challenge has just begun. started with mudkip. caught a wingull, taillow and nincada. now in Rustboro and will report status later! See ya!

Jimmy P.
30th January 2006, 3:21 AM
Okay, updating on my Flying type challenge.

Caught a few Wurmples incase they didn't evolve into Silcoon, and one by one, I started to train them. I also caught a Wingull before heading for Petalburg.
The first two Wurmples evolved into Cascoon, so I decided to get a Silcoon from Petalburg Woods instead. 'Neways, after helping Wally catch his Ralts, I proceeded to Petalburg Woods, where I caught a Taillow and a Silcoon. I also caught a Ziggy for Pickup power.
ATM I am in Petalburg City, because I went back to heal my Poke's.
-MS

Taillow (Beakster) Male
Impish
Level 9
Peck, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack.

Wingull (Scoop) Male
Lonely
Level 8
Water Gun, Growl, Supersonic

Silcoon (Bella) Female
Lax
Level 5
Harden

Zigzagoon - Female
Careful
Level 5
Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip

Air Dragon
31st January 2006, 11:20 AM
As promised some time back, here's my status:

Version: Sapphire
Type: Flying
Trainer Name: Lan
Game Time: ca. 28 hours

Team:
Swellow @ Silk Scarf
LV 36 Female
Adamant
Guts
Stats:
HP = 104
Attack = 73
Defense = 57
SP. Attack = 41
Sp. Defense = 51
Speed = 105
Techniques:
Endeavor
Wing Attack
Steel Wing
Quick Attack

Crobat @ Amulet Coin
LV 36 Male
Docile
Inner Focus
Stats:
HP = 116
Attack = 75
Defense = 65
SP. Attack = 67
Sp. Defense = 66
Speed = 107
Techniques:
Air Cutter
Wing Attack
Astonish
Bite

Pelipper @ None
LV 36 Female
Rash
Keen Eye
Stats:
HP = 101
Attack = 45
Defense = 87
SP. Attack = 80
Sp. Defense = 54
Speed = 63
Techniques:
Stockpile
Shock Wave
Swallow
Wing Attack

Ninjask @ None
LV 38 Female
Jolly
Speed Boost
Stats:
HP = 100
Attack = 83
Defense = 52
SP. Attack = 43
Sp. Defense = 55
Speed = 154
Techniques:
False Swipe
Dig
Leech Life
Metal Claw

Story line:
- Started with Mudkip. Nicknamed him Muddy (thx for the idea Breezy!)
- Caught a Wingull on Route 103
- Beat May no sweat.
- Followed regular storyline to Rustboro City.
- Caught a Nincada on Route 116
- Got my butt whupped about ten times by Roxanne before winning the Stone Badge.
- Followed the regular storyline through to Dewford Town.
- Caught a Zubat in Dewford Cave.
- Gave Steven the letter and taught Taillow Steel Wing.
- Got beaten by Brawly about six times before finally downing Makuhita for his Knuckle Badge. (OH, the abject shame!)
- Followed regular storyline through to Mauville City.
- After evolving Zubat to Crobat, Wingull to Pelipper and Taillow to Swellow plus getting fried only God knows how many times, I finally wore down Wattson with Nincada to earn a Dynamo Badge.
- Followed the regular storyline to Fallarbor Town, catching two Skarmory on the way.
- Moved on to Route 114 and caught a Swablu.
- Followed storyline through to Lavaridge Town, beating Team Aqua on Mt Chimney.
- Beat Flannery on my first try (WOOT!) with Swablu, Swellow and Pelipper to earn a Heat Badge.
- Made my way back to Petalburg City Gym.
- Fell to Norman three times before beating him for a Balance Badge.
- Recieved Amulet Coin from Mom and got to Route 110 via Route 103.
- Made my way to Fortree City and healed up.
- Pushed on past Fortree all the way to Lilycove City.
- Walked back to Fortree, evolving Nincada on the way.
- At current location.
- I'm currently stuck between finding a Tropius to catch (where the heck are you, you crazy banana trees, you!) and deciding where to raise a Skarmory, Xatu or a Dragon/Flying Combo to fill in the last slot.
Later!

Twilight Umbreon
9th February 2006, 3:56 PM
Say, if you did this in Emerald, does it count? Because I went through Emerald with Mono-Water recently, here's teh final team:

Swampert
Kingdra
Walrein
Starmie
Milotic
Tentacruel

all level 50

*umbreon*masta*1*1*
24th February 2006, 8:50 PM
hi can i start and use fighting type plz

darkpkmn fan1
25th February 2006, 10:28 PM
can i start one. i would like to do dark but it isnt on the list.so can i do dark

trouble440
1st March 2006, 10:43 PM
Hi i'm new here. this looks fun i'll try with bug

PkmnTrainerJ
1st March 2006, 10:52 PM
I've just started on my Emerald.

Water Team: Mudkip - Level 8
Next Planned Capture: Marril/Lotad

trouble440
2nd March 2006, 3:47 AM
I started off with treeko and killed the poocheyna. Then I trained it up to lv. 7 and also killed May. as soon as I go the pokeballs I caught a lv. 4 wurmple and ditched treeko. Then I trained wurmple up to a beautifly while looking for surskit which I finally found. Then I moved on to the forest and beat the aqua member. When Igot to Rusboro I caught a nincada and used my zigzagoons rare candys and training to get it to lv.10

my pokemon are:
lv. 14 beautifly: gust, string shot, absorb, tackle
lv. 12 surskit: bubble, quick attack
lv. 10 nincada: scratch, leech life, harden, sand attack
now I am training to face Roxanne
;284;

Air Dragon
2nd March 2006, 10:30 AM
Hey all! Feedback time!

Trainer: You know my name...
Time: 62:53
Pokedex: 52
Type: Flying
Current Location: Slateport City training for Victory Road...

Team

Nickname/Species: Cross/Crobat
Level and gender: 45/Male
Nature: Docile
Ability: Inner Focus
Item: Leftovers

Stats:
HP: 145
Attack:95
Defense: 81
Special Attack: 86
Special Defense: 85
Speed: 138

Techniques:
Air Cutter
Wing Attack
Astonish
Bite

Nickname/Species: Pelipe/Pelipper
Level and gender: 45/Female
Nature: Rash
Ability: Keen Eye
Item: Magnet

Stats:
HP: 127
Attack:59
Defense:109
Special Attack: 103
Special Defense: 67
Speed: 82

Techniques:
Stockpile
Shock Wave
Swallow
Wing Attack

Nickname/Species: Sonic (cuz she's the fastest thing alive...)/Ninjask
Level and gender: 45/Female
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Speed Boost
Item:Amulet Coin

Stats:
HP: 118
Attack: 100
Defense: 63
Special Attack: 54
Special Defense: 66
Speed: 183

Techniques:
Slash
Dig
Fury Cutter
Metal Claw

Nickname/Species: Sky/Skarmory
Level and gender: 35/Female
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Sharp Beak

Stats:
HP: 100
Attack: 66
Defense: 107
Special Attack: 33
Special Defense: 56
Speed: 67

Techniques:
Agility
Swift
Air Cutter
Steel Wing

Nickname/Species: Bagon/Bagon
Level and gender: 40/Female
Nature: Calm
Ability: Rock Head
Item: Everstone

Stats:
HP: 94
Defense: 63
Special Attack: 46
Special Defense: 45
Speed: 57

Techniques:
Leer
Headbutt
Dragonbreath
Flamethrower

Nickname/Species: Tropic/Tropius
Level and gender: 41/Male
Nature: Rash
Ability: Chlorophyll
Item: Miracle Seed

Stats:
HP: 139
Defense: 79
Special Attack: 79
Special Defense: 74
Speed: 51

Techniques:
Fly
Magical Leaf
Body Slam
Solarbeam

Progress:
- Beat Winona on the first shot for a Feather Badge.
- FINALLY caught my Tropius! WOOOOOOOT!!
- Flew back to Lilycove and moved onto Mt Pyre after stopping at the Safari Zone.
- Recieved the Red Orb.
- Followed Team Aqua by foot to Slateport City.
- Flew back to Lilycove and drove out Team Aqua.
- Surfed onto Mossdeep City on the back of my faithful Mudkip Muddy.
- Explored Shoal Cave for a bit of training.
- Beat Liza and Tate on the first shot with a full team assault for the Mind Badge.
- Recieved HM08 from Steven.
- Dived for Sootopolis City.
- Flew back to Mossdeep City and tracked those stupid Team Aqua losers to the Seafloor Cavern.
- Chased that dumb Kyogre to the Cave of Origin and kicked his Sea Basin butt into next Friday...heheheh...
- Challenged Wallace and the Sootopolis City Gym and won the Rain Badge.
- With Waterfall, I moved back to Fallarbor Town to catch a Bagon.
- After some move deleting in Lilycove, flew onto Mossdeep and surfed to Ever Grande City Pokemon Centre.
- After some thought, switched Gale, my Swelow for the second Skarmory I'd been able to catch to try something new.
- After healing up, moved back to Lilycove for more move deletion and back to Ever Grande.
- Surfed to Pacifidlog and got TM27.
- Surfed through the rapids and prematurely opened the Regi key. Nothing happened...
- Surfed on to Slateport, which is where I am now, wondering where to go next to train...

Well til next time guys! Later!

magnemiteZ
2nd March 2006, 8:37 PM
I have never noticed this thread before!! XO

Right, I have had a mono Fighting team in Sapphire, Leaf Green, and Emerald.

My Emerald one is the best, and it is (All level 100)...

Heracross@ Shell Bell
Jolly Nature
Evs-254 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Def
-Brick Break
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

Machamp@ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Evs-252 HP, 254 Attack, 4 Sp Def
-Bulk Up
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-EQ

Breloom@ Nevermeltice
Mild Nature
Evs-252 Speed, 160 Sp Attack, 98 Attack
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Spore
-Sky Uppercut
(This shames me but I needed a Grassie)

Medicham@ Leftovers
Bashfull Nature
Evs-252 Speed, 120 Attack, 138 Sp Attack
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Brick Break
-Shadow Ball
(Again, ashamed, but I needed something with Psychic)

Poliwrath@ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
Evs-200 HP, 180 Sp Attack, 130 Attack
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Brick Break
-Belly Drum (Not sure whether I want to remove it or not)

Blaziken@ Focus Band
Naive Nature
Evs-200 Speed, 160 Sp Attack, 100 Attack, 50 HP
-Flamethrower
-T Punch
-Sky Uppercut
-Aerial Ace

I Also have a Hitmonlee,
Hitmonlee@ Kings Rock
Jolly Nature
Evs-252 Speed, 254 Attack, 4 Defence
-Brick Break
-Bulk Up
-EQ
-Rock Slide

Hitmonchan@ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Evs-252 Attack, 200 Speed, 58 HP
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Bulk Up
-Mach Punch

Hitmontop@ Scope Lense
Adamant Nature
Evs-200 Speed, 252 Attack, 58 HP
-Triple Kick
-Rock Slide
-Bulk Up
-Mach Punch

Right this last one is not good in any way except the fact that I love him, and I only trained him to be a Fighting Pokemon. That is all!
Tyrogue@ Black Belt (Very Fighting Like)
Jolly Nature (It just seemed Right)
Evs-252 Speed, 254 Attack, 4 HP
-Hi Jump Kick
-Mach Punch
-Bulk Up
-Return

Bloody Banette
9th March 2006, 12:39 AM
I'll take the Bug challenge in my Sapphire.
I named the trainer Seth (I was too lazy to create a new name) got Treecko and defeated May very easily then I came back to the laboratory of Birch who gave me the pokeballs. When I was going to start looking for a Wurmple a very special one appeared, he was purple and I managed to catch it. I named him Wunder (yes, miracle in German). I raised him to level 10 and he became a beautiful moth, my beautiful Dustox.
After raising Dustox 'till level 10 I caught another Wurmple, a female one, who became a Silcoon.

Current Status:
Trainer: Seth
Badges: 0
Pokemon:

Wunder, Shiny Dustox Lv. 10
Tackle, Poison Sting, Harden and Confusion

Silcoon Lv. 10
Tackle, Poison Sting, Harden, String Shot.

trouble440
9th March 2006, 4:12 AM
I got to the third gym and decided to quit because it was getting boring;376;

Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!
9th March 2006, 5:43 PM
I'm doing a Water Type Team. Is it okay if I do it on Emerald, because I have lost my Ruby and Sapphire. Will edit later!

fhqwhgads
15th March 2006, 3:16 PM
I switched to Fighting.

Name: ???
Pokemon: Makuhita(13), Shroomish(16), and Combusken(16).
Badges: 1
Just got the Everstone.
Beat every Trainer in Brawly's Gym, too.

sano72
20th March 2006, 2:33 AM
hola well i started with a mono grass team on saphire my trainers name is Seth i was to lazy to make up name of my own. Im right now in petalburg woods training my Shroomish so nothing has really happened yet cept i murdered May and the others trainers.

Here is my team

;252; Treeko: lvl 12
moves: Quick attack,absorb,pound,leer.
nature:impish

slave 1-3 (zigzagoons hm slaves and item finders.)

;270; Lotad: lvl 10
moves: astonish, absorb, growl
nature: Naive

;285; Shroomish: lvl 6
moves: Absorb, tackle
nature: Timid

Xtra
22nd March 2006, 7:49 PM
I want to do this, but I don't want to restart my Emerald version. So, if it's okay, I'll be using an emulated version, and I choose water.

I already got a Mudkip, and it's at Level 7 after beating May. I got my Pokeballs and my shoes, and...that's it for now.

pokekid77
25th March 2006, 11:35 PM
help pokekid77 on his team

Pollen
27th March 2006, 10:01 PM
Just noticed this thread myself. Sounds fun. Thinking of starting a ground team.

Does emerald count by the way? I like my team on sapphire and I just started over the other day on emerald, so I'd be more willing to give that up than my sapphire team.

firewater
31st March 2006, 3:17 AM
starting yet another water mono

team-

mudkip-Rhone L.7
brave
tackle
growl
mud slap

just beat the rival

magnemiteZ
31st March 2006, 3:23 PM
help pokekid77 on his team
Why is one speaking in the 3rd person?

Tayuri
1st April 2006, 4:59 PM
Oh my, must start this. ^^ Sounds like incredible fun.

I will do mono-ground on my Emerald... As soon as I charge my SP.

...Which is currently having severe battery problems- I twitch, it resets.

Huh, Only half my ground team will learn EQ naturally.

Name: Tayuri
Pokedex: 12 (Why bother for this? xP)
Badges: 4
Current Location: Training Sandslash in Route 10

Pokemon:

Marshtomp@ Nothing, Lv. 31
Mild Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Defense)
-Water Gun
-Mudshot
-Tackle
-Take Down

Graveler@ Nothing, Lv. 30
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp.Atk) (ahahah!)
-Rollout
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Selfdestruct

Sandslash@ Nothing, Lv. 27 ***Nimbalo
Docile Nature (+0, -0)
-Slash
-Poison Sting
-Scratch
-Defense Curl
Its so lame....

Baltoy@ Nothing, Lv. 22 ***Genkaku
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
-Mud Slap
-Psybeam
-Rock Tomb
-Selfdestruct

Numel @ Nothing, Lv. 30
Rash Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Sp.Def)
-Magnitude
-Tackle
-Ember
-Takedown

Trapinch@ Nothing, Lv. 23
Quirky Nature (+0, -0)
-Bite
-Sand-Attack
-Faint Attack

firewater
2nd April 2006, 9:46 PM
I cught a lotad and watched wally catch ralts then i defeted all of the trainers and went to the rustbouro gym.

i won with lotad after I left it in to fight nosepass and it evolved so my team is

lombre L.15
mild
nature power
absorb
astonish
growl

and

Marshtomp L.17
mud shot
water gun
bide
tackle

i'm about to save peeko

Michael
16th April 2006, 7:41 PM
Well here is my current mono-water type team. I am having some difficulties finding an appropriate water type pokemon to fly around so i have been stuck using Pelipper for the time being. I am in the process of training for the Elite Four.

Lanturn @ Careful
Lv. 27 @ Illuminate
Spark
Water Gun
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt

Ludicolo @ Bashful
Lv. 51 @ Rain Dish
Dive
Ice Beam
Rain Dance
Giga Drain

Swampert @ Docile
Lv. 54 @ Torrent
Surf
Ice Beam
Brick Break
Earthquake

Pelipper @ Mild
Lv. 39 @ Keen Eye
Fly
Protect
Water Gun
Supersonic

Starmie @ Timid
Lv. 54 @ Natural Cure
Surf
Recover
Psychic
Thunderbolt

Walrein @ Docile
Lv. 54 @ Thick Fat
Rest
Encore
Toxic
Ice Beam
All those pokemon in italics are currently in the process of being trained up to an appropriate midlow-50s level to beat the Elite Four. I was previously using Tentacruel throughout the game but switched for a Lanturn because of its usefulness against Champion Wallace's pokemon.

StrayedBullet
20th April 2006, 10:37 AM
Hmm... I might start a mono-bug team on my Sapphire... tomorrow.

-SB ;001;

Mr. Bikini fan
20th April 2006, 9:46 PM
Now that took me 999:59 for this thing no serious i chose torchic and you frobiddened it and i only have these pokemon and i must say to you dias.

This challenge was inappropriate and useless.

Corsola lvl58
Moves
(Not telling)

Kingdra lvl 54
Moves
(Still not telling)

Azumarril lvl 50
Moves
(Not telling)

Milotic lvl 45
Moves
(Sorry i'm not telling)

Peplipper lvl 58
Moves
Not telling

and

Luvdisc lvl 33
Moves
Attract
Surf
Waterfall
Charm

There end of. and i'm not doing it on my ruby so this is the same as th other inappropiate challenge to emerald so R/b/y ones were hard and i say when i enter a monotype challenge and read there forbidden rules they don't get excuses!!

firewater
6th May 2006, 11:49 PM
i had lost my emerald and ruby so it has been a while, they are both still mono water and here they are

emerald

lombre L.18
mild
rain dish
miracle seed
astonish
growl
absorb
nature power

Marshtomp
brave
torrent
mud shot
tackle
bide
mud shot

Magicarp L12
admant
splash

and ruby

tentacool L.34
bold
giga drain
bubble beam
acid
wrap

Swampert L.42
surf
muddy water
ice beam
mud shot

gyrados L.40
surf
hydro pump
twister
secret power

Golduck L.34(may stop using)
surf
screech
psych up
confusion

jordman
9th May 2006, 2:59 AM
i am goin to do ground cause they have always interested me...i will start later though!

ShinyFufu
9th May 2006, 4:03 AM
If this thread is opened about a year from now, I will do either flying, water, or normal

SneazzL.com
9th May 2006, 7:58 PM
i love this tread wy dont we restart it again:) because they posted over a year ago

jordman
10th May 2006, 5:33 PM
i got to rayquaza with ground-only team!

time: 32:45

pokemon

sandslash@careful

level-51

slash
swift
strength
rock tomb

swampert@docile

lvl-57

earthquake
muddy water
surf
water pulse

flygon@mild

lvl-65

dragonbreath
crunch
sandstorm
dragon claw

claydol@jolly

lvl-61

cosmic power
sandstorm
ancient power
ice beam

donphan@mild

lvl-51

earthquake
sandstorm
toxic
double team

rhydon@brave

lvl-62

earthquake
take down
flamethrower
thunderbolt

firewater
10th May 2006, 11:12 PM
my little brother took his ruby back so i am only doing emerald

emerald team

Gyrados L.23
admant
intimidate
bite
tackle
splash

Marshtomp L.24
brave
torrent
water gun
tackle
bide
mud shot

Lombre L.23
mild
rain dish
nature power
astonish
absorb
fake out

I beat wattson using only marstomp but his manelectric lasted 5 mud shots, with the help of super potins, and i'm now fighting the winstrates

hey if i give a slave zigzagoon ex-share so it can give me better items is this legal since i am doing emerald and pick up users need to level up to get better items?

Manene
16th May 2006, 3:22 AM
I think I'll start a Water-type challange *hunts down Ruby and restarts it, again*.

Okay, so I go through the boring intro sequence. Then I got out of the truck, withdrew the Potion out of the PC, and reset the clock to 11:15 A.M. Then I watched the end of the Pokemon News and met my rival. After that, I watched Birch suffer for about a minute. Then I got Mudkip out of his bag and got rid of that Poochyena. So Birch gave me the Mudkip and named it MudBlast. I trained on some wild Pokemon I met on the way to fight my rival. Then I checked MudBlasts IVs (and let me tell ya, they were great). After that I bought some stuff and found my rival up north. After I beat her rear end, I headed back to the lab and got the Pokedex, Pokeballs, and Running Shoes. Then I spent a loooong time searching for a Surskit. When I finally one, I caught it and named it Muffet. It was at lv.3. Well this is the end of my update, so I bid you adau!

;258;MudBlast: Sassy nature Lv.12

;283;Muffet: Quiet nature Lv.3
Bubble
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
5-16-06

Okay, so I did some more stuff today. I started training Muffet and got her to lv.10. She also learned Quick Attack. I got to Petalburg Woods and caught two Zigzagoons for items (don't worry. They will do no battling what so ever). Then I fought the lame old Magma Grunt. He wasn't too hard. I finaly got out of the forest and got up to the point in the game to right before you fight your first double battle. That's were I stopped for the day.

;258;MudBlast Lv.12 Sassy nature

;283;Muffet Lv.10 Quiet nature
Bubble, Quick Attack

-Manene out;manene;

Air Dragon
20th May 2006, 11:45 AM
I restarted my Normal type challenge and have now bested all eight gyms! Here's the current line-up:

Ruby (Normal) Team-In-Training

Ziggy/Linoone @ None
Lv 49
Hasty Nature
157/96/64/73/70/138
Thunder
Iron Tail
Pin Missile
Dig (May replace with Headbutt)

Viggor/Vigoroth @ Everstone
Lv 48
Quiet Nature
159/102/90/80/68/104
Counter
Slash
Slack Off
Facade

Whis/Loudred @ Everstone
Lv 48
Naive Nature
154/80/54/96/46/69
Stomp
Shadow Ball
Secret Power
Fire Blast

Katt/Delcatty @ None
Lv 48
Quirky Nature
133/84/84/71/66/94
Thunderbolt
Assist
Heal Bell
Double-Edge

Kaiten/Spinda @ None
Lv 49
Brave Nature
136/79/81/73/76/65
Dizzy Punch
Uproar
Faint Attack
Psychic

Cloud/Castform @ None
Lv 48
Brave Nature (shoot...)
143/85/85/86/78/82
Weather Ball
Rain Dance
Ice Beam
Sunny Day

I was also able to finish the Sapphire monotype challenge too! This was the final lineup when i beat Rayquaza...

Sapphire (Flying) Monotype Team
Play Time - 88:07
Money - 114145
Pokedex - 69

Pelipe/Pelipper @ Leftovers
Lv 55
Rash Nature
155/72/134/126/81/102
Ice Beam
Shock Wave
Water Pulse
Wing Attack

Sonic/Ninjask @ None
Lv 53
Jolly Nature
138/117/74/63/77/215
Slash
Dig
Fury Cutter
Metal Claw

Cross/Crobat @ Amulet Coin
Lv 53
Docile Nature
172/114/96/104/100/165
Poison Fang
Astonish
Bity
Fly

Sky/Skarmory @ Sharp Beak
Lv 54
Jolly Nature
156/110/170/53/86/110
Spikes
Aerial Ace
Air Cutter
Steel Wing

Tropic/Tropius @ Miracle Seed
Lv 53
Rash Nature
187/89/107/106/96/68
Magical Leaf
Body Slam
Solarbeam
Earthquake

Drayce/Salamence @ None
Lv 55
Calm Nature
193/153/113/146/123/138
Crunch
Double-Edge
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

trouble440
29th May 2006, 3:39 PM
I think I'll start a normal mono challenge on sapphire

KingBattlus
30th May 2006, 8:25 AM
it was either a grass, ground or a bug team, but i think grass is a little more fun so i'll try that... a solid team of ground types would leave me with a mudkip for too long, and a bug team lacked the diversity and decent movepools. i looked ahead and it seems the final team will probably consist of:

sceptile, ludicolo, shiftry, vileplume, tropius, and cradily

the fr/lg thread didnt really take off like this one, but if someone wants to start one, i'd be willing to give that a go on my leafgreen game too...

Spartan 37
30th May 2006, 9:03 AM
it was either a grass, ground or a bug team, but i think grass is a little more fun so i'll try that... a solid team of ground types would leave me with a mudkip for too long, and a bug team lacked the diversity and decent movepools. i looked ahead and it seems the final team will probably consist of:

sceptile, ludicolo, shiftry, vileplume, tropius, and cradily

the fr/lg thread didnt really take off like this one, but if someone wants to start one, i'd be willing to give that a go on my leafgreen game too...

Try Breloom. You could use a Fighting type.

KingBattlus
30th May 2006, 4:15 PM
you're absolutely right spartan, breloom would be a worthy addition. i had him on my other game but overlooked him this time... i'm not sure why though, very potent (and underrated imo). sadly, however, i also forgot that to get a shiftry i'd need to trade with ruby, which i don't have (and can't do with the rules)

so i started up today and got myself a modest treecko, leveled him up for a while, spent over an hour trying to get a good natured lotad, but finally got an acceptable sassy natured one. when i saved treecko had made it to level 15 and lotad to level 12, haven't left petalburg city yet, but next stop will be the petalburg woods for my shroomish. i'm thinking i'll wait until treecko learns mega drain before i evolve him for its healing power, and then evolve in time to learn leaf blade (take's a while to get dragon claw but rest assuredi wont waste an attack slot with two of the same type) and as for lotad, rain dance is a must for swift swim to kick in, (and none of my team really need to utilize the sunnyday/solar beam combo) and it also halves fire damage which will be helpful when dealing with flannery and other fire types, especially if lotad faints and i'm stuck sending out someone more vulnerable.

as far as breloom goes, what attack combo do you recommend? i was thinking spore, focus punch, for sure, but then what? leech seed is always useful, mach punch is good because he has poor speed, sludge bomb hits hard, hidden power is an option but i hate using it and the right type is hard to come by. thanks in advance
--kb--

Dom94
30th May 2006, 6:19 PM
My cousin and I are doing a Water type challenge.I'll post his progress for him.

EDIT:He has got:

Mudkip
Rash
Tackle
Growl
Mud-slap

Wingull
Gentle
Water Gun
Growl

Zigzagoon(HM Slave)
Timid
Tackle
Growl

WhiteWizard42
30th May 2006, 7:49 PM
as far as breloom goes, what attack combo do you recommend? i was thinking spore, focus punch, for sure, but then what? leech seed is always useful, mach punch is good because he has poor speed, sludge bomb hits hard, hidden power is an option but i hate using it and the right type is hard to come by. thanks in advance
--kb--
sporepunching is a great strategy, but for breloom to get spore you need to keep it unevolved until level 54, which you probably don't want to do if you're just trying to get through the game.

sludge bomb/mach punch/sky uppercut/leech seed, IMO that's the best in-game set.

trouble440
31st May 2006, 2:03 AM
Progress: went through the whole boring beginning, got torchic, beet may and caught a lonely ziggy. trained ziggy up to lv. 12 and caught a mild slakoth (wish it was adamant)

Mazo
1st June 2006, 2:25 AM
Started the Water Mono Challenge on Emerald.

Called myself Mazo
Grabbed the potion and set off to my neighbours and met a girl called May. Then I took my morning stroll when a so called 'Professer' gets attacked by a little Zizagoon.I chose Mudkip ,which I later named Mizzy, destroyed the Zizagoon. Trained Mizzy up to 9 then fought May and caught a Lotad and named it Umbrella lved it to 7.
Later watched Wally catch Ralts and then trained some more.Caught my Ralts for a flash slave named it Flaz.Caught a female Marill at Lv5 - named it Liz.

;258; Mizzy Lv12
Water Gun
Tacke
Mudslap
Growl

;270;Umbrella Lv10
Astonish
Absorb
Growl

;183;Liz Lv5
Tackle
Growl or Tail Whip

Manene
2nd June 2006, 1:42 AM
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been doing other things.

I finally got to Rustboro. I got an HM01 (Cut), bought items, and healed my Pokemon upon arriving. Then I went off to Route 116 and fought all off the Trainers. But after I battled the Hiker, Mudblast evolved into a a Marshtomp. After that, he learned Mud Shot. After that, I went back to Rustboro and whooped Roxanne's butt. After she forked over the Stone Badge and her TM, I went back to Route 116 and got the Devon Goods and saved Peeko from the Magma Grunt. Then I went to the Devon Corp. Building and got the Letter. Then I went to Briney's house and had him take me to Dewford. Right when I got there I got the Old Rod and got myself a Magikarp and nicknamed it Karpinator. It was at level 10. Then I went and healed my Pokemon. Then I trained Karpinator while delivering Steven's Letter (Sadly, Karpinator was only at level 11 when I got out of Granite Cave). He gave me a TM47. I healed my Pokemon as soon as I got to Dewford. Well, this the end of my post, so I bid you audu!

;259; MudBlast Lv.18
Tackle, Mud Shot, Growl, Water Gun

;283; Muffet Lv.12

;263;x2 Lv.5 & Lv.6
(They do no battling. They just get items, so you don't need to know their moves.)

;129; Karpinator Lv.11
Splash

Manene out;manene;

KingBattlus
2nd June 2006, 2:34 PM
sorry it's been so long my internet has been down. i've been busy, just got a second job, so i haven't played too much but here's what's happening. i'm somewhere in the granite cave and my shroomish is around level 19, my lotad at 20, and my treecko at 21. lotad is a pain in the butt to raise, his hit points are so bad, but oh well, once he learns rain dance he'll be much improved. so i'm almost to steven, i've already beaten brawly--tough battle, by the way. had to a use a couple of pick upped revives, but leech seed saved the day. so far brawly has been the only battle even remotely difficult for me.

treecko learns mega drain soon, then i'll evolve him and learn leaf blade, go from there.
dragon claw, leaf blade, detect, and i'm unsure about the final move for him, a special hp would be nice, but if that doesn't work, any ideas?

*i'm in sapphire so no thunderpunch and i'd rather not breed for crunch, i know that limits the options.

also, i'm sure that spore is going to take a LONG time to learn, but i do have XD and the colosseum on there is relatively competitive so i'll probably pull over a couple guys from here and my leafgreen game to see how they fair. i think that if i don't put spore on a breloom it's basically a waste, even if it does take that long. if there's some way to manipulate the move relearner so he learns it, is that possible? or would he still have to be a shroomish?

Manene
3rd June 2006, 1:05 AM
Update:

Alright. I went into Brawly's gym and kicked the gym trainer's butt. Then I went and fought Brawly. Guess what happened. He kicked my butt. I got transported to the Pokemon Center. I then gave MudBlast a Rare Candy that I got from my Zizagoon. Then I went back to challenge Brawly again and saved before battling him in case I lose. Then I battled him. I took down his Machop with ease. Then he sent out his Makuhita. It used Sand Attack and then Bulk Up 2 times while I got in 2 Water Guns on him. Then he started using Arm Thrust. It almost took me down, but I used a Super Potion and killed him with a Water Gun. Then he forked over the Knuckle Badge, $1800, and his TM08 (Bulk Up). Then I got Briney to take me to Slateport Beach. Then I started fighting trainers when I got there. Then I dominated the Seashore House. Then I entered Slateport, but left towards the Bike Path to level up Karpinator. After a few wild Pokemon, he learned Tackle. Then I went back to Slateport and talked to Doc. Then I went to the Museum and talked to all the Grunts before going upstairs. Then I fought 2 Grunts with ease. Then I gave Stern the Devon Goods. That's where I saved. Well, this is the end my update, so I bid you audu

;259;MudBlast Lv.21
Tackle, Foresight, Mud Shot, Water Gun

;263;x2 Lv.5 & Lv.6
(They do no battling. They just get items, so you don't need to know their moves.)

;283; Muffet Lv.12
Bubble, Quick Attack

;129; Karpinator Lv.15
Splash, Tackle

Manene out;manene;

Dunsparce
3rd June 2006, 1:45 AM
i think that if i don't put spore on a breloom it's basically a waste, even if it does take that long. if there's some way to manipulate the move relearner so he learns it, is that possible? or would he still have to be a shroomish?

Breloom CANNOT learn Spore. Only Shroomish. Don't make the same mistake I did ;-;

It's gonna be hard, but in the end it's worth it once you have the Sporepunch combo u.u

Missingno. Master
3rd June 2006, 2:07 AM
A question. I just started a Normal team, and I was wondering, can I breed an Azurill for it?

Progress so far;

Day 1; Location- Rusturf Tunnel

Started with Mudkip, fumbled through till I got Pokeballs, caught Modest Male Zigzagoon on Route 101 at lv. 3. Deposited Mudkip in PC, continued. Near Petalburg Woods, caught lv. 4 Hardy Male Taillow. In Petalburg Woods, spent 10 minutes searching, finally caught lv. 5 male Careful Slakoth. Continued on, began training in Rusturf Tunnel. Caught lv. 7 Whismur there (didn't check nature yet).

Team (Everyone's male);

Whismur
Lv. 7
Nature Unknown
Pound
Uproar

Slakoth
Lv. 7
Careful
Scratch
Yawn
Encore

Taillow
Lv. 10
Hardy
Peck
Growl
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

Zigzagoon
Lv. 9
Modest
Cut
Growl
Tail Whip
Headbutt

Altaria Lover
4th June 2006, 11:35 AM
I'm doing A Bug Team! I have now made some progress so here goes:

Nincada Level 16

Cut
Fury Swipes
Sand Attack
Leech Life

Beautifly Level 14

Harden
Absorb
Gust

Dustox Level 15

Tackle
Poison Sting
Gust
Confusion

Badges: 2
Play Time: 4:21

Beat Roxanne With Nincada, 6 Sand Attacks on Each of her PoKeMoN then Leech Life/Cut 'til they died. Nincada also grew a level!! I can't wait for ;291; and ;292; !

Brawly just.......died. Gust from the two others + Dustox's Confusion= One dead Machop/Makuhita combo.

Just given the Letter to Steven, and am now standing on Slateport Beach, pummeling everyone in sight to get Ninjask And Sheddy.

Altaria Lover
5th June 2006, 9:58 PM
Okay, Now, I'll update again!

Illumise Level 24
Impish Nature

Quick Attack
Shock Wave
Moonlight
Wish

Beautifly Level 25
Modest Nature

Absorb
Gust
Mega Drain
Stun Spore

Ninjask Level 24
Lax Nature

Fury Cutter
Cut
Leech Life
Double Team

Shedinja Level 24
Lax Nature

Fury Cutter
Cut
Leech Life
Double Team

Dustox Level 24
Rash Nature

Gust
Moonlight
Confusion
PsyBeam
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wattson=Hard.

Voltorb Died to three Beautifly Mega Drains, Electrike to Shedinja-ness, Magneton to.......God how did I kill that thing? Oh yeah, A load of Fury Cutters from Ninjask and Shedinja, with them both surviving. For Manectric I just Killed it with Shedinja because it had no move to kill me. I'm just tearing those people who call themselves 'the Winstrates' to pieces, then.....Well I'll have to wait and see!

Badges:3
Play Time:17:54 ( I left it on overnight by accident )

Edit: 386th Post in this thread. 386 PoKeMoN! W3rd

Darkness Catcher
6th June 2006, 7:28 AM
yeah yeah ok

Aipomobsessor
15th June 2006, 10:10 PM
I'll take Bug!

*Waits for a chance to restart*

Current Team:

Cascoon Lv. 8
Tackle
SS
Poison Sting
Harden

Silcoon Lv.9
Same Moves

Also have a Lv. 2 Zigie for picking up items.

Heading for Rustbordo!

Beat Evil Roxxane and easy Brawly

Team:
Lv. 13 Nincada
Lv. 15 Dustox
Lv. 17 Beatifly
Lv.2 Zgoon( Pickup/HM)

dont triple post. use the edit button

Akayfortyseven
19th June 2006, 6:27 PM
Both of you, shut up. He triple posted, which is against the rules, and he could have edited it. Ezra, you need to stop being rude and ive seen you double post many times, and you dont need to spam the topic further.

ahem.

im thinking of starting a mono challenge on my new sapphire, possibly fire type as i never raise a team of six;

Name: Adam

Team:

Blaziken
Ninetales
Torkoal
Magcargo

dang... thats all the fire pokemon that are in it >_>. I think this is going to be tough, but fun. I will trade them to XD later to join Arcanine, Moltres and Typhlosion to do the orre colloseum. Ill update later.

Dom94
19th June 2006, 6:30 PM
Both of you, shut up. He triple posted, which is against the rules, and he could have edited it. Ezra, you need to stop being rude and ive seen you double post many times, and you dont need to spam the topic further.

ahem.

im thinking of starting a mono challenge on my new sapphire, possibly fire type as i never raise a team of six;

Name: Adam

Team:

Blaziken
Ninetales
Torkoal
Magcargo

dang... thats all the fire pokemon that are in it >_>. I think this is going to be tough, but fun. I will trade them to XD later to join Arcanine, Moltres and Typhlosion to do the orre colloseum. Ill update later.

You forgot Camerupt!

Akayfortyseven
19th June 2006, 6:39 PM
Oh yeah! thanks for that, another water weak though >_>.

I just restarted, and currently a, reseting for a naive or lonely torchic.

Akayfortyseven
19th June 2006, 7:26 PM
Thanks dude :), but it doesnt mean you need to go to his level by spamming to, k?

Anyway, i am now at rustboro and am currently in battle with roxxanne with combusken, i cant wait for my torkoal...

Lovrina addict 4ever!!!!
1st July 2006, 11:21 PM
I'll be doing a Bug Type Team on Ruby.

jordman
6th July 2006, 11:25 PM
WOOT!!!!!!! defeated the elite four with my fighting mono-type team!!!!!

this is my team after the elite four:

hariyama lvl 51
machamp lvl 57
machoke lvl 54
medicham lvl 55
breloom lvl 51
blaziken lvl 53

it was so tough.......especially drake

SneazzL.com
7th July 2006, 11:50 AM
Finishid my monotype challenge with bug in ruby
team:

Ninjask:51(opener Bpser)
Armaldo(thabombofmyteam):63(63 after the e4)
Beaufifly:47(useable)
dustox:54(same as the above)
Zigzagoon:4(hmslave rofl)
Shedinja:49(helpt me alot)

Air Dragon
8th July 2006, 9:05 PM
My normal type ruby challenge is complete! after beating rayquaza, this is how my team looks:

Nickname/Species@Item
Level
Nature
Ability
HP/ATT/DEF/SP ATT/SP DEF/SPD
Move #1
Move #2
Move #3
Move #4

Cloud/Castform@None
Lv 52
Brave (bleah to all who ev train!)
Forecast
157/94/92/94/86/91
Weather Ball
Rain Dance
Ice Beam
Sunny Day

Viggor/Slaking@Amulet Coin
(Evolved it by mistake...)
Lv 52
Quiet
Truant
249/195/119/135/84/124
Counter
Reversal
Slack Off
Facade

Ziggy/Linoone@Magnet
Lv 52
Hasty
Pick Up
167/104/68/78/74/146
Thunder
Iron Tail
Pin Missile
Dig

Katt/Delcatty@Silk Scarf
Lv 52
Quirky
Cute Charm
148/91/91/79/72/102
Thunderbolt
Assist
Heal Bell
Double-Edge

Kaiten/Spinda@Blackglasses
Lv 52
Brave
Own Tempo
144/84/87/78/81/71
Dizzy Punch
Uproar
Faint Attack
Psychic

Whis/Loudred@Charcoal
Lv 52
Naive
Soundproof
170/87/60/105/51/74
Rest
Shadow Ball
Sleep Talk
Overheat

Trainer Data
Name: Otto
Cash: 136,627
Pokedex: 52
Time: 60:51

P.S. Got a new emerald pack to start a water type monochallenge! Currently at Dewford Island with the following:

Mudkip/Mudkip@None
Lv 15
Relaxed
Torrent
40/26/25/23/20/18
Tackle
Bide
Mud-Slap
Water Gun

Lombre/Lombre @ Miracle Seed (Temporary)
Lv 15
Relaxed
Swift Swim
46/22/26/23/30/21
Astonish
Growl
Absorb
Nature Power

Marill/Marill@None (Temporary)
Lv 15
Rash
Thick Fat
46/14/24/15/20/17
Tackle
Rollout
Tail Whip
Water Gun

That's all for now! Later!

firewater
9th July 2006, 5:11 AM
I'm doing a fighting challenge on ruby, my team is

combusken L.16
lonely
ember
peck
scratch
double kick

and

shroomish L.15
lonely
mega drain
leechj seed
tackle
stun spore

Blaziken2570
12th July 2006, 6:10 AM
I'll do water, but I have to find my sapphire first. I'll edit then.

firewater
13th July 2006, 9:57 PM
well I delivered the letter,and caught a Makuhita . After getting makuhita to level 16 i challenged brawly and his trainers. the trainers were easy but brawly's machop pwned everyone, luckly i had a revive from pickup for combusken who trashes machop, but then makuhita came out. well after a critical hit in a 5 set of arm thrusts makuhita was in a positive situation as both of us were at the next hit wins stage. makuhita rolls with an arm thrust that leaves combusken with 3hp, but then combusken pecks it for the win... YAY now to deliver the letter and beat wattson

Combusken(blaze) L.18
blaze
lonely
scratch
peck
double kick
ember

Shroomish(blade) L.17
lonely
effect spore
mega drain
leech seed
tackle
stun spore

Makuhita L.16
impish
guts
rock tomb
vital throw
arm thrust
tackle

firewater
14th July 2006, 4:55 AM
my brother takes his ruby back so yet again i must withdraw

DragonDance
23rd July 2006, 3:03 AM
Eh. I'm bored. I'll do fighting on Sapphire.

CJV1
25th July 2006, 8:49 AM
ill try fighting or grass what do you reccomend based on gym leaders

tb0mb
2nd August 2006, 6:40 AM
Hi, I'm going to start this soon, but I was wondering if I can do this on my Emerald because I dont have Ruby/Sapphire

Lathspell
2nd August 2006, 7:55 AM
Yeah, I was going to ask the same thing, planing to do something I always wanted, a Mono Grond Team :D. Can I use Emerald, to actually do something with that team once I'm done? I mean the BF ;)

howdodo
2nd August 2006, 8:21 AM
hey can u use legendaries im gonna choose water on sapphire and with kyogre and all....

Lathspell
2nd August 2006, 12:34 PM
Well, I quit Emerald, I have my own team there anyway. Started a Mono Ground on Ruby (he he, Groundon, he he). Anyway, Chose Mudkip (restarted about 15 times to get a female, I'm planing for a Curselax :D), wasted the opponent easy, then got 5 Zigzagoons for Pickup purposes (and hey, it works great, I already have Ultra Balls, Revives and Full Restores). Roxanne was child's play, Mud Shot was a Two Hit KO on Nosepass. Got a Nincada for Flash in the Granite Cave, and I was off to the second Gym. The Fighting Gym wasn't a chalenge either, Marshtomp went through them like a knife through butter. Beated the two fishermen on the island, got Flash and now I'm off to finding Steven. More on that later :D

sails17
10th August 2006, 7:06 AM
K, I quit my scramble teams, cuz I liek to make my own teams, so I'm taking a Ruby mono water type,cuz I already started with Mudkip. So far:

Mudkip lv.10

BattlePikeKing140
10th August 2006, 6:37 PM
I did A LOT last night. Once I landed in Dewford, I went to the cave and caught a Geodude, dubbed him Goroun, and then went to the gym to kick some fighting type butt. After I beat Brawly, I delivered the letter to Steven, went back to Rustboro, got the Exp. Share, then went to Slateport. Raised Goroun to level 23 and Numakorou to level 25 (I renamed my Marshtomp). I tried to beat my rival but lost miserably twice. Third time around I just barely beat her. Then I moved onto Mauville where I beat Wally and obtained my third badge quite easily. It was then that my Geodude evovled into a Graveler.

After Mauville I caught myself a Numel, nicknamed him Bakuuda, and trained him to be even with the others. They were all level 30 when I challenged Maxie. I beat him quite easily, too. Then I went to Lavaridge, beat up on Flannery, obtained the Go-Goggles, and moved onto the desert where I trained a bit and also caught my Trapinch which I named, Nakuraa. Then I beat all the trainers in Petalburg City Gym only to lose to Norman. I had almost beaten him, but he beat me. Then my Numel evovled and I am going to challenge Norman again. Also, should I teach my Marshtomp Surf or should I let him learn Muddy Water?

Current Team:
Numakorou the Marshtomp Lvl 32
Take Down, Growl, Mud Shot, Water Gun

Bakuuda the Camperupt Lvl 33
Rock Slide, Ember, Magnitude, Amnesia

Goroun the Graveler Lvl 32
Tackle, Rollout, Magnitude, Rock Throw

Nakuraa the Trapinch Lvl 20
Bite, Sand-Attack, Faint Attack

Final Team:
Swampert, Rhydon, Golem, Flygon, Camerupt, and I need a sixth member!

Lathspell
12th August 2006, 12:33 PM
Well, time for an update on the game. Found Steven and left for Slateport and from there, on to Mauville. The rival was really easy, as Kaspersky was a bit overtrained, being the only poke on the team, not named Zigzagoon. The Electric Gym was a breeze, of course, Kaspersky (Mashtomp) couldn't be touched. In the meantime, my fishers brought me a LOT of money, and I was full with Revives and Full Restores. Now I was heading towards the Fiery Path, and towards the secon member of my party. Caught a Numel, named it Firewall.I tried to get a male this time, since He learns all the moves he needs, and I might breed Rock Slide from him. I ezitated in catching a Sandshrew up in the mountains, as he kind of...you know...But I caught one anyway, he will rott in my computer. Numel totally wasted Maxie, and then laid waste to most of the Fire Type Gym. That's when my Firewall evolved into a Camerupt! *hump*. Well, I sailed back to Petalburg, to beat up my father. This Gym gave me the biggest problems. In the Fire Gym, Kaspersky evolved too, and Swampert in an opponent to reckon with. Still, Norman's two Slakings weren't easy at all. Infact, it took me about 5 minutes to kill them, and plenty of potions. That's quite alot, considering that the other Gym Leaders took only about a minute of my time. Got Surf, planted that on Kaspersky, and I was off to the Desert, where two more members will join my team. Caught a bunch of Trapinches easy, to find the right nature and everything, when I found the perfect one, I named him Norton. Then, for about 20 minutes, I scoured the place for the fourth member of my team, AVG, namely Baltoy. Finally found him too, and back to Mauville. I got to Wattson, and he sent me to New Mauville, where I thought it would be a great place to train my new ground pokes, since it's all electric in there. Still, I got bored pretty fast, and called it a day.

My team as of now: Kaspersky (Swampert), Firewall (Camerupt), Norton (Trapinch) and AVG (Baltoy).
The final team, as posted in the RMT part, will be Swampert, Camerupt, Flygon, Claydol, Donphan and Rhydon. And I can't think of better names for antiviruses. Oh, wait, got some :P.

KingBattlus
16th August 2006, 7:14 AM
after getting utterly frustrated walking around in circles forever hatching those damned eggs on leafgreen, i ordered an emerald today and while i wait for it to arrive so i can really begin breeding, i decided to take on the mono bug challenge. going with dustox, masquerain, heracross, armaldo, shedinja and ninjask. armaldo and heracross hit hard, dustox and masquerain for annoyances and catching pokemon, ninjask leads and BPs and shedinja is mostly for specialized cases when you know it won't get KOed. movesets are still rough as i want to keep my TMs intact for when i need the Earthquake TMs and such, but that's the jist of it. have my dustox going already, looking for surskit.
-kb

ChaoticArchangel
16th August 2006, 10:31 PM
I never actually bothered to post in this thread but I've done two monos.. I'll post up my last mono team.

Sceptile/Apple
Level 53
Dragon claw
Leaf blade
Agility
Slam

Breloom/Raspberry
Level 49
Sky uppercut
Mega drain
Leech seed
Counter

Ludicolo/Pineapple
Level 48
Surf
Ice beam
Giga drain
Theif

Vileplume/Cherry
Level 50
Sludge bomb
Petal dance
Sleep powder
Aromatherapy

Cradily/Grapefruit
Level 49
Ancientpower
Earthquake
Ingrain
Toxic

Tropius/Banana
Level 47
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Body slam
Fly

That was a grass mono in case you haven't realised.. My other mono was water and my team was Swampert, Gyarados, Milotic, Starmie, Ludicolo and Gorebyss.. but I don't remember the movesets.. so I can't post them. My next mono will be flying, and when I'm down with my scramble challenge I'll start putting my progress here ^^

firewater
20th August 2006, 1:59 AM
i'm trying a bug mono, MY GOAL IS TO NOT QUIT, and my team is now

L.4 wurmple
bashful
tackle
string shot

L.4 Wurmple
quirky
tackle
string shot

Mudkip L.8
tackle
mud slap
growl

looking for surskit

KingBattlus
20th August 2006, 7:56 AM
well quick update...
i've beaten two gyms. i have four of my six planned pokemon, and two zigzagoons for pick up/HM purposes. all of my team is at level 20, and i'm in between mauville and slateport.
dustox- moonlight, protect, gust, confusion
surskit- bubble, quick attack, water sport, i forget
ninjask- double team, fury cutter, scratch, screech
shedinja- same as ninjask

will go with this team until i can catch a heracross in the safari zone and revive anorith for an armaldo

-kb

DarkPyro
24th August 2006, 8:49 PM
Though i've never posted here mentioning it, I've done a mono-water team through Emerald. Here are the final stats for it...

Swampert-lv 50
Surf
Ice Beam
Return
Earthquake

Milotic-lv 50
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Er...something

Kingdra-lv 50
Surf
Ice Beam
Twister (Couldn't raise a non-water for Dragonbreath...)
Rain Dance

Walrein-lv 50
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Body Slam

Tentacruel-lv 50
Surf
Ice Beam
Sludge Bomb
Confuse Ray...or was it Barrier...

Crawdaunt-lv 50
Surf
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance

Beat the E4 with this team

OJG
6th September 2006, 8:46 PM
Need to decide 6 Pokemon out of:

Meganium, Sceptile, Bellosum, Vileplume, Cradily, Tropius, Cacturne, Roselia, Jumpluff, Ludicolo, Breloom .I might need to use Tropius for Fly and Ludicolo for Surf. I'll probably trade a female Hoppip and Chikorita from Colosseum, with ice Beam TM attached to teach to Ludicolo for Winona, maybe a Leaf Stone.

howdodo
7th September 2006, 2:21 AM
did u not read it? u cant trade at all u can only use that one game it has to be one of the gem games

TheBlueDragon
13th September 2006, 3:27 PM
Question: why isn't poison on the list?

PatTar
14th September 2006, 12:43 AM
not enough poisons in the game, probably.

Muk, weezing, and crobat are the ones i can think of.

but then, they're are many Grass/Poison types.

TheBlueDragon
14th September 2006, 3:34 AM
Just from the top of my head, there's Dustox, Crobat, Tentacruel, Vileplume, Swalot, Seviper, Roselia... more than enough for a team.

PatTar
14th September 2006, 7:20 AM
oh

forgot a LOT of those.

OJG
16th September 2006, 8:43 PM
I'll do Grass/Ground/Psychic/Rock on Sapphire. 1st poster picks the type.

Tazzler
16th September 2006, 8:47 PM
Ludicolo, Tropius, Sceptile, Roselia, Cacturne, Cradily.

OJG
16th September 2006, 9:12 PM
Thanks, can I trade level 5 Tropius, Lileep, Cacnea to my game or do I have to wait until they are available? And also can I use a Vileplume instead of Roselia?

Tazzler
17th September 2006, 12:15 AM
Fine, I just like Roselia.

Good thing with this mono is that you can Surf and Fly.

Dan©
23rd September 2006, 7:08 PM
I started my challenge yesterday

After playing about 4 hours, I have this team

Vigoroth: lv 18
Encore
Scratch
Slack Off
[forgot?]

I made the mistake of not waiting to get Faint Attack... =/

Zigzagoon lv 17
Headbutt
Tackle
Sand Attack
[again, I forgot lol]

Tailow lv 18
Wing Attack
Peck
Quick Attack
Focus Energy

Skitty lv 7
Default Moves

No badges
I've basically just roamed in grass, picking up with my three Zigzagoons [two at lv 3, other at 18] hoping to run into a Rare Candy, or Kings Rock... No luck thus far.
Gym is going to be a pain, I figure If I get Vigoroth to 20, Loudred to 20, Swellow 22, Linoone 22, and Skitty 18 or so.. I'll be able to beat Roxanne by just vollying with Headbutts + Kings Rock [hopefully]

Psychic-Master
24th September 2006, 5:32 AM
i think ill start a Fighting mono-team on my emerald,

[EDIT] a few minutes after i made this post i started stated over my game.

when i saved last night around 1 am i had

a modest torchic @ level 13
and a careful sroomish @ level 9

***goes off to play more :)***

Dan©
24th September 2006, 1:49 PM
Beating Roxanne wasn't as hard as I wouldve imagined actually

I did it with Vigoroth 19
Linoone 20
Swellow 22
And just powerhoused through
I waited for Nosepass to use block, and I encored it.
Then just fury swipped my way to a win, both potions were used on geodude 1, which I let Linoone toy with.

Brawley was really easy, I used Vigoroth throughout the gym for training purposes, and used my 3 main pokes against Brawley.
Swellow took down Makuhita for the win.

Currently I'm training in front of the daycare with 2 badges

My team is as follows
Swellow lv 30
Endeavor
Wing Attack
Thief
Double team

Vigoroth lv 28
Scratch
Endure
Fury Swipes
Encore

Linoone 27

Headbutt
Tackle
Sand Attack
Tail Whip

I really should've kept Mud Sport on Linoone, but I deleted it, then realized it could've helped against Watson... Whatever.

I'm debating on whether to train Skitty [lv 7] or Wismur [lv 6] right now, since I don't think its vital for me to have a 5 man team, when I can easily dominate throughout most of the game with just 3 guys [1 actually].

Then train in the end with exp. share...

Either way, pending time, I'm going to try to evolve Vigoroth today... before Watson... or until I find a Kings Rock on my Zigzagoon anyway.

Tyhone
25th September 2006, 9:02 AM
This might of already been asked but can you use two diffrent types example: Water - Flying?

Dan©
25th September 2006, 8:59 PM
To be honest Tyhone, you can do whatever you want to, its your game... and you won't be shot if you don't follow the rules... however, my guess is, you need to follow the rules of the challenge, to post in the challenge with updates.

I don't think you can use water - flying, unless your type of choice is Water, and you have a Wingull on your team, and the other 5 are flying

BeetleBum
26th September 2006, 2:11 PM
Here is my mono flying team:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=150600

I made this team before realising there was a mono competition so they're already competing in the battle frontier. Sorry!

I've been raising a PERFECT gyarados to replace one of them actually... possibly Tropius because I don't use him much.

Emuritto
2nd October 2006, 2:11 AM
Grrrg I can't use my mew.....or my regirock,regice,registeel,groudon,latios,latias,or even my raquaza.....How high can the lvl be?

Emuritto
2nd October 2006, 2:13 AM
You can't use evoulutions?

Emuritto
2nd October 2006, 2:14 AM
Can I Use My Lugia???

Massa
2nd October 2006, 7:12 AM
Deciding to use bugs, hurrah.

Chose torchic as my starter, beat the poochyena easily, and went on to beat may with it. Caught two wurmple, and trained them to level 7, with luckily both of them evolving in to different pokemon. Ran around looking for surskit, found a male one. Am currently running around looking for a female one for breeding purposes. In the process, both Cascoon and Silicoon evolved into Dustox and Beatifly respectively.

Just finished the Wally + Norman business, pokemon currently:

Surskit (forgot to name it D: ) Level 12
Bubble
Quick Attack
--
--

Beutifly (Super Fly) Level 12
Tackle
Absorb
Harden
Poison Sting

Dustox (Dijion) Level 12
Tackle
Confusion
Harden
Poison Sting

Zigzagoon-caught for pickup

Hoping to catch a Marill at some point and go through the tedious process of leveling it to 46 so I can get a surskit with Hydro Pump and Rain Dance, so I won't die at Flannery. Hurrah for me D:

whiscashuckle
23rd October 2006, 1:18 PM
Mono-type challenges are great fun! On all the games I recently started I've been doing mono-types with my friends. I've been doing Ground on Ruby, though I haven't quite followed the rules (I started this quite a while ago) and I am already up to Victory Road...

Still, my current team is:
Swampert
Camerupt
Flygon
Whiscash
Claydol
Rhydon

It's really good fun, but quite a challenge sometimes.

-Whiscash ;340;

whiscashuckle
23rd October 2006, 1:31 PM
I'm doing grass type on emerald at the moment. My team is;

Sceptile
Bellossom
Cacturne
Breloom
Tropius
Ludicolo

Mono-type challenges are so fun!!!

-Shuckle ;213;

whiscashuckle
23rd October 2006, 1:33 PM
Deciding to use bugs, hurrah.

Chose torchic as my starter, beat the poochyena easily, and went on to beat may with it. Caught two wurmple, and trained them to level 7, with luckily both of them evolving in to different pokemon. Ran around looking for surskit, found a male one. Am currently running around looking for a female one for breeding purposes. In the process, both Cascoon and Silicoon evolved into Dustox and Beatifly respectively.

Just finished the Wally + Norman business, pokemon currently:

Surskit (forgot to name it D: ) Level 12
Bubble
Quick Attack
--
--

Beutifly (Super Fly) Level 12
Tackle
Absorb
Harden
Poison Sting

Dustox (Dijion) Level 12
Tackle
Confusion
Harden
Poison Sting

Zigzagoon-caught for pickup

Hoping to catch a Marill at some point and go through the tedious process of leveling it to 46 so I can get a surskit with Hydro Pump and Rain Dance, so I won't die at Flannery. Hurrah for me D:

If you're doing bug, get a shuckle!!!!!! I know you can't catch it on r/s/e, but you can always trade it from another game.

-Shuckle ;213;

EDIT: Eeeeek! I apologise for the triple-post! This was made when I was sharing an account with shuckle_is_the_best (he still double-posted though...)
Also, in reply to what shuckle_is_the_best actually said, it says on the first post that you can't trade from other games, so they wouldn't be able to get Shuckle anyway...
-Whiscash ;340;

cuse92
26th October 2006, 10:42 PM
i think it would be fun to do a mono challenge for LG and FR

iskate4nobody
30th October 2006, 1:22 AM
i cant decide.
Should I do Water or Ground?
Water Team: Swampert, Ludicolo, Pelliper, Wailord, Wishcash, Milotic/Crawdaunt
Ground Team: Swampert, Flygon, Claydol, Camerupt, Wishcash, Rhydon
Thanks.
Hurry so I can restart!

Mew_Myuu
2nd November 2006, 11:12 AM
electric team:

Pachirisu lvl 79

Rotomu lvl 77

Jibacoil lvl 77

Lanturn lvl 78

Zapdos lvl 79

Pikachu lvl 80

(this isn't a real team, it's just one i made up right now)

iskate4nobody
2nd November 2006, 11:12 PM
Read the first post Mew. This is for Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.

Absol!
6th November 2006, 10:56 PM
I will be doing a Water Type Challenge on Sapphire. Sounds like fun!

Here is the team I plan to use -
Mudkip line
Lotad line
Wingull line
Carvanha line
Spheal line
Chinchou line

But I won't be starting it for a while.

Clyde the master
3rd December 2006, 11:49 PM
Right, so I did the normal version.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Got a female torchic, named it Boo for reasons unknown to mankind.
Mutilated rival's mudkip.
Caught a Zigzagoon, named him Slips.
Fell asleep while waiting for wally to take his time catching a ralts.
Caught a taillow, named her Starr.
Went through Peltalburg woods.
Got bullet seed.
Caught a wismur, named her whistle.
Backtracked to the woods and caught a slakoth named Dash.
Caught a skitty, named her Skipp.

Skipp:
Female Skitty lv. 12
The leader of my team. Double battle partner with Slips.
Growl
Tackle
Tail Whip
Attract

Starr:
Female Taillow lv. 13
Secretive. Cold. Disturbingly quick level up.
Peck
Wing Attack
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

Boo:
Female torchic lv. 7
Feels left out from lack of use.
Sctatch
Growl
Focus Energy
----

Whistle:
female whismur lv. 7
All-hearing. Team's news source.
Pound
Uproar
----
----

Slips:
Male Zigzagoon lv.12
First team member. Team's second-in-command.
Tackle
Growl
Tail Whip
Headbutt

Dash:
Male slakoth lv. 5
Friggin' retard. Pointless existance.
Scratch
Yawn
----
----

SHUCKLE MAN
9th December 2006, 3:37 PM
Just a question. Can we use a cheat cartridge to get a team of 6 Pokes of the type at L.5, and then carry on the game as normal, because some of the types are hard to do as you cant get many of the type for a long time in the game?

WhyteMage
22nd December 2006, 1:07 PM
Hi. I decided to do a mono-ground type team. I haven't started yet, but I have been planning my team, and how to go about things, like Wallace...

Proposed Team:
Swampert
Rhydon
Claydol
Camerupt
Groudon (just in case)
Flygon

Hah, I only just realised that Ground and Water are the only types with legend support.
Edit: Or not, turns out flying gets Rayquaza.

PokemonMan66
4th January 2007, 9:58 AM
Hmmm.... will i start a new game therefore sacrificing my best team ever just to do a mono team... okay, i will. I'm doing bug.

Will start with treeko but will put 'im in a box as soon as i catch a surskit.

Edit: Still trying to catch surskit got a wurmple and a silcoon, waiting till midnight so i can get a cascoon.

Edit (again): After much thought i have decided to do a mono-normal team. Restarting............. NOW!

Hector
6th January 2007, 3:30 PM
Hello im new there and im interested in that monotype thingie. i will start bug team. Please apologize my poor english, im from Czech and im 14.
------------------------
Ok then, i started with mudkip for water hm. i beated my rival and catched 2 wurmples. i will inform you later whats happening.
------------------------
My team:
Wurmple - Male - Lvl.3
Hasty nature
Tackle
String Shot
---
Wurmple - Female - Lvl.3
Impish nature
Tackle
String Shot

PokemonMan66
8th January 2007, 11:06 AM
My team so far is-
Lv14 Zigzagoon
Naughty Nature
Tackle
Sand Attack
Tail Whip
Headbutt

Lv13 Whismur
Jolly Nature
Pound
Uproar
Astonish
--------

Lv14 Taillow
Modest Nature
Wing Attack
Growl
Focus Energy
Quick Attack

I have been training in rustboro for a while and still haven't beaten Roxanne.

Edit: Restarting the challenge, again, but this time i'm doing a mono grass team (i am very impatient)

Edit (again): I called my trainer Leif. (Leaf, Leif, Get it?)
1. Thumped the Poochyena.
2. Got Treecko, nicknamed it Blade.
3. Beat a wurmple and a zigzagoon to get to lvl6, learned absorb
4. Beat May and got to lvl7
5. Got Pokedex and running shoes
6. Beat Roxanne yada yada yada
7. Evolved Blade
8. beat all of the trainers in the 2nd gym.

My team now:

Lv16 Blade (grovyle)
Fury Cutter
Pound
Quick Attack
Absorb

Lv15 Mush (shroomish)
Bullet Seed
Leech Seed
Absorb
Stun Spore

Lv14 Lombre (soon to be named Mr. Sombrero)
Astonish
Growl
Absorb
Nature Power

I rule (not)

Ryze
22nd January 2007, 6:14 AM
I guess i'll try this challenge to :). i'll do a mono bug team than? ;347;

So i don't double post i'll just put my small amount of progress here...

Well i started my journey by getting a treecko from the bag (so i can get a good challenge from may...a torchic).After quickly owning May and getting my poke balls i caught a few Wurmple, depositing Treecko in the box. The first Wrumple evolved into a cascoon, second, cascoon, third, cascoon. It went on like that for a while until i gave up. After that i bought some more poke balls and searched for a surskit for a few hours. After i found one i had a Dustox, woot . I quickly beat the trainers on my way to my Dad's gym. After watching Wally catch a ralts (good for him) i went into Petalburg woods and caught myself a silcoon, finally.

My Team

Dustox Lvl 11
Mild Nature
-Tackle
-Confusion
-Poison Sting
-Harden

Surskit Lvl 12
Lax Nature
-Bubble
-Quick Attack

Silcoon Lvl 5
Brave Nature
-Harden

cybermew
9th February 2007, 9:55 PM
Ok, I'm gonna start a water one. Just one question, are we allowed to breed for moves and then trade them onto the version we're playing?

jamespaul100
20th February 2007, 1:52 PM
Nah your not sorry.

inmyhead
27th February 2007, 10:43 PM
I took Bug Challenge. Hahaha I already beat E4.

Level 66 Shedinja: Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Earthquake, Slam ;292;
Level 68 Dustox: Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Moonlight, Silver Wind ;269;
Level 66 Masuerain: Hydro Pump, Rain Dance, Silver Wind, Hyper Beam ;284;
Level 68 Ninjask: Swords Dance, Double Team, Sillver WInd, Hyper Beam ;291;
Level 69 Beautifly: Swords Dance, Gust, Morning Sun, Giga Drain ;267;

VENUSAUR
7th March 2007, 12:20 PM
I will use a mono water team. I will update as soon as something happens

VENUSAUR
7th March 2007, 12:21 PM
I will use a mono water team. I will update as soon as something happens

VENUSAUR
7th March 2007, 12:21 PM
whoops, sorry for double post

VENUSAUR
8th March 2007, 8:28 AM
Okay, here goes;

I got Mudkip as my starter and named it Muddy. Lvd it up to 7 and challenged May. Destroyed her. Then i talked to Birch and blah blah blah. Caught a Wingull and a Lotad and named Wingull Wings, Lotad Moss. I went through Petalburg woods after helping capturing Wally's Ralts. I went NE of Rustboro Gym and currently training in the wild there. Team update;

Muddy Lv. 13- Water Gun, Tackle, Growl, Mud Slap
Wings Lv. 11- Water Gun, Supersonic, Growl
Moss Lv. 11- Astonish, Growl, Bullet Seed, Absorb

Ludakrix
8th March 2007, 7:18 PM
I decided to make a mono-ground team, using only 3 pokemon

Swampert
Camerupt
Flygon

I started out and beat Roxanne with my Marshtomp (Yes, Marshtomp) that was level 18 (no extra training, just killing everything that goes by me).

I plan to have a Swampert by Flannery, along with three Zigzagoons (Item Pickupage) and a mid 20's Numel.

So heres my team so far

Marshtomp (Fish) Lv. 19
Mild (+Sp. Atk, -Def.) - I always get Mild on starters, my charizard in Fr is mild lol

Tackle
Growl
Mud Shot
Water Gun

along with two Zigzagoons :D

Edit: okay i lied, i caught a Geodude at Dewford. :P

Master Logan
9th March 2007, 2:37 AM
Oh yea that is kool i have many pokemon but the only game i mainly play is ruby i have a:
Kyogre lv 100
quirky
blue
sheer cold
thunder
water spout
double edge

mew lv 100
pink---->bashful
pyshic
flamethrower
transform
dragon claw

mewtwo lv 100
serious--->purple
thunderbolt
shadowball
recover
flamethower

Latias lv 100
sassy-->blue
luster purge
recover
earthquake
solarbeam

groundon lv 100
hasty--->red
earthquake
fissure
fire blast
eruption

blissey lv 100
quirky-->pink
double edge
egg bomb
fire blast
thunder
and many more

Ludakrix
9th March 2007, 2:50 AM
Oh yea that is kool i have many pokemon but the only game i mainly play is ruby i have a:
Kyogre lv 100
quirky
blue
sheer cold
thunder
water spout
double edge

mew lv 100
pink---->bashful
pyshic
flamethrower
transform
dragon claw

mewtwo lv 100
serious--->purple
thunderbolt
shadowball
recover
flamethower

Latias lv 100
sassy-->blue
luster purge
recover
earthquake
solarbeam

groundon lv 100
hasty--->red
earthquake
fissure
fire blast
eruption

blissey lv 100
quirky-->pink
double edge
egg bomb
fire blast
thunder
and many more

wow, can someone say spam

read the first post if you wanna take the challenge

The challenge is about making a team with a single type specified in the first post.

jamespaul100
10th March 2007, 12:46 AM
yeh ur such a noob, cant you read?

Dom94
10th March 2007, 1:18 PM
I'm thinking of starting a Flying type challenge because every Flying type has a second type.

Dissolute
12th March 2007, 8:59 PM
Well, having done a ghost type challenge (Yeah, after that I know why it's not offered in this thread. THREE POKEMON (4 if you choose ninjask).

So I figure for my second challenge I'll try Normal types.

nubinator
15th March 2007, 6:15 AM
Im busy with Tests/HW and stuff for the next few days but I'll start a Fighting MonoType Challenge.

Drach
16th March 2007, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure whether it's allowed but I've started a poison team >_> and this was how i faired over the past 2 1/2days of playing.

Oldale Town

- Obtained a treecko from Birch and gave it some crap name.
- Challenged May.
- went off to catch a wurmple aka moth, which lvled to lvl 10 and bcame a dustox (MY FIRST POSION TYPE!!).
- Treecko was fired from the crew T_T

Rustboro

- Moth advanced to lvl 18 after tons of pokemon encounters and trainer battles.
- Moth further lvled another 2 levels and learned moonlight =)
- Roxanne was a breeze, the geodudes exited with a hit of confusion and their low sp .def didn't make things better.
- Almost got pwned by Roxanne's nosepass with her fearsome rock tomb, but a round of protect saved Moth's skin by a few inches. XDD
- Defeated team Aqua's grunt and boarded MR Briney's boat bound for Dewford ^^

Dewford

- captured zubat which i named Batty
- Lvled batty to Lvl 18
- caught a tentacool using the old rod which i renamed - stinger
- lvled stinger to lvl 18
- navigated through the cave and delivered the letter to steven without the usage of flash and escaped to staleport with a more important mission in mind

Slateport
- Captured my 3rd and 4th posion pokemon, a gulpin (LilyI) and an oddish(LilyII).
- lvled them to 18 and 21 respectively with the help of team Aqua and some other incompetent trainers.
- Returned to Dewford

Dewford
- challenged Brawely, with this lineup: Gulpin (LILY I) lvl 18, oddish (LILYII) lvl 20, Tentacool (Stinger) lvl 18 ,Dustox (Moth) Lvl 21 and lvl 16 zubat (batty).
- Machop fell with 2 hits of Moth's confusion, while Meditite was a little harder since it was also part psychic. Moth had to pull off 3 gusts to ward off Meditite due to Brawley's spamming of potions... *MEH* Makuhita also fell easily with confusion and the knuckle badge was rightfully mine!

Battled May

- Wingull was a total beefcake with supersonic, luckily luck was on my side and i managed to pull off a posion sting which left wingull dead XDD
- Lombre fell easily to posion and a dose of gust.
- Combusken was intimidating at first, but Moth wrapped up the battle nicely with a gust, with a little help from oddish's sleeping powder

-MORE UPDATES TOMMOROW!-

swampert14
22nd March 2007, 6:23 PM
I am going to start a ground type challenge

For my starter i chose mudkip beat the first gym at level 14 with water gun

second gym mudkip evolved in marshstomp and I won by using water gun and mudshot I beat my rival easily beat team aqua and I am going to do the third gym when i level marshstomp to level 24 . it is at lv23

here is the team I am going to use

Swampert
Camerupt
Flygon
Claydol
Sandslash
Graveler

swampert14
22nd March 2007, 6:28 PM
I am going to start a ground type challenge

For my starter i chose mudkip beat the first gym at level 14 with water gun

second gym mudkip evolved in marshstomp and I won by using water gun and mudshot I beat my rival easily beat team aqua and I am going to do the third gym when i level marshstomp to level 24 . it is at lv23

here is the team I am going to use

Swampert
Camerupt
Flygon
Claydol
Sandslash
Graveler

OJG
30th March 2007, 12:14 AM
Might do an almighty Dragon type one for hoo-ha's. I'll trade the egg's of Trapinch, Dratini, Horsea, Swablu and Bagon to Spphire.
OR
Psychic with Jynx, Alakazam, Exeggutor, Espeon, Starmie, Xatu.
OR
Steel with Aggron, Magneton, Skarmory, Steelix, Scizor, Metagross.
Choices choices!

derek83
16th April 2007, 3:24 AM
WE CANT DO FIRE!!! ahhhh!
lol that wasnt yelling

i guess i'll do grass
starting tomorrow

PokemonMan66
21st May 2007, 10:07 AM
OMG! i took one of these challenges AGES ago but never finished it. screw my scramble challenge i'm starting one of these. ok umm. which type. Ummm... grass yes grass

SinnohNinja
3rd June 2007, 7:10 PM
Wots the point of saying ur gonna do a monotype team then dont

thats just nobbish, atleast say that ur not doing it nomore!

Lord Homer
12th June 2007, 3:16 PM
I wil do a Ground challenge

Lord Homer
13th June 2007, 11:51 AM
Ground Challenge

Day One:
I choosed Mudkip, in the beginning beated the Poochyena easily, and trained Mudkip to lv. 12 before I beated May's Treecko. When I got the pokedex and pokeballs I catched 5 Zigzagoons as Pickup and HM-slaves. I've got:
18 Super Potions
8 Full Heals
3 Full Restores
4 Rare Candys
4 Revives
2 Ethers
2 Nuggets
8 Ultra Balls
I helped Wally, catch his Ralts beaten all trainers on r. 102 and 104, evolved Mudkip before I entered the Petalburg Woods, I beated teh trainers and the grunt Marshtomp was level 20 when I entered the gym beaten it really easily. I saved Peeko and all beated all trainers on r.116 tooked the ferry too Dewford, where I am now.

Pokemon:
Marshtomp lv. 24 ;259;
HP: 76
Attack: 50
Defense: 36
Sp. Attack: 41
Sp. Defence: 46
Speed: 40
Attacks:
Tackle - Foresight
Mud Shot - Water Gun

5 Zigzagoon slaves

PoKeMoNmAsTeR08
17th June 2007, 9:25 AM
I will be doing WATER.

Emerald Team Now Has:(I am currently at Sootopolis,defeated Juan/Rayquaza NOT defeated)
Swampert Lv.47
Moves: Muddy Water Earthquake Protect Take Down

Lombre Lv.46
Moves : Nature Power Rain Dance Water Pulse Giga Drain

Walrein Lv.44
Moves: Ice Ball Body Slam Ice Beam Surf

Milotic Lv.45
Moves : Twister Water Pulse Ice Beam Recover

Whiscash Lv.43
Moves : Earthquake Waterfall Magnitude Blizzard

Crawdaunt Lv.45
Moves : Brick Break Crabhammer Ice Beam Swords Dance

PoKeMoNmAsTeR08
17th June 2007, 9:43 AM
Brother is doing FLYING
His Team:(He is currently at Sootopolis City with WATERFALL and DEFEATED Juan/Rayquaza NOT DEFEATED.)
Altaria Lv.54
Moves : Flamethrower(MGC) Ice Beam(MGC) Sing Dragonbreath

Gyarados Lv.51
Moves : Water Pulse(J) IceBeam(AS) Thunderbolt(W) Hydro Pump

Tropius Lv.50
Moves : Sunny Day Solarbeam(SZ) Fly Giga Drain

Salamence Lv.55
Moves : Dragon Claw(MF) Earthquake(AH) Brick Break(S) Fly

Pelipper Lv.50
Moves : Surf Stockpile Swallow Spit Up

Beautifly Lv.53
Moves : Giga Drain Silver Wind Shadow Ball(MP) Stun Spore

shinybagon
12th August 2007, 8:29 PM
Water Type Challenge
I was doing scramble challenge. I started but got bored of it quickly. So, I started a while ago, after I exploded from training Aron. So, here is my current updates. I haven't decided on Bug or Water.

Littleroot

- Choose Mudkip. Easily Pwned The Pooch and Brendan.
- Got The 'Dex & Running Shoes
- Trained Mudkip to Level 10

Town With Wally

- Went with Wally for Ralts
- Met Scott.
- Caught Calm Lotad. Level Up To 10

Rustboro

- Level All Pokes Up To 15 In Grass and Gym
- Lotad Evolved To Lombre
- Owned Roxanne
- Got Match Call

Dewford

- Fished For Adamant Magikarp.
- Fished For Hasty Tentacool.
- Trained Up Karp & Tenta to Level 15
- Trained Mudkip & Lombre to Lv. 20
- Mudkip Evolved To Marshtomp
- Trained Karp & Tenta To 20
- Karp Evolved

Going to Battle Brawley Soon.

Updates Later Today Or Tomorrow

Ryuusei
23rd August 2007, 2:09 PM
Started one of these... So far...

Grass Type chosen. Team was roughly planned out and I got Treecko as my starter. Rushed through May and went off to the grass to train him. Got him up to Level 14 before heading into Petalburg Woods to catch a Shroomish. Currently training Shroomish so that I can hand over Roxanne's arse on a silver platter.

PokemonMan66
14th October 2007, 12:23 PM
wow havent been doing this, ANYWAY
i got started on this after putting it off for months, got treecko and shroomish and i'm up to roxanne

U DIE TONIGHT
26th October 2007, 9:33 AM
Going to start a....fighting challenge. Right now.

Currently resetting for hasty/naive torchic.

TMiles11
22nd November 2007, 5:31 PM
Though I'm sure noone reads this anymore, I've begun a fighting type team.

I have just reached fallobar town with

Machop-Rocky
Breloom-Chan
Hariyama-Makit
Combusken-T Bone

dreading the flying type gym leader.
last time I battled her with a mono-fighting type team, it was near impossible to win.

OJG
18th January 2008, 7:16 PM
Are we allowed to do a challenge on FR/LG in this thread? 'Cause this is the 3rd gen In-Game team rate.

If that's the case, I might do fire, as I can get 'Zard/Arcanine/Flareon/Rapidash/Moltres (are we allowed to use legendaries?). I might also do a grass team of Venasaur/Exeggutor/Vileplume/Parasect/Tangela.

On my Spaphire cart, I will do the same type but with different pokemon.

2sick4u_101
9th March 2008, 6:58 AM
I recently did a monotype on gold, thought it was kick ***, and now i am doing one here.

Chose poison, because its variety is sweet, and set off.
What bugs me is people always ***** about getting to many cascoons.
Heres my problem: I get them about every time santa masturbates.
Rarely, of course.
BUt after an hour, i got my first one, with crap ev's, but who cares? its not like i was going to finish the game with a dustox in my party.

Anyway, im too lazy to put all the events, so here goes:
-beat roxanne after a crapload of levels for dustox
-dewford, and my party went to 3 members. tentacool and zubat were the additions.
-slateport, or however its spelt, couldnt care, and magma were nothing to me (im playing ruby, which means no seviper, crap.)
-gulpin was added, the early sludge learning dynamo.
- may was nothing to me. crushed the "virgin" and moved on.
- Forgot harbor mail, cause chicks too lazy to walk 100 ft for it, i had to go back and get it.
- Got mach bike, put tentacool in day care and rode backwards and fowards til it learned bubble beam.
- got roselia, trained it.
- blah blah blah.
- Im at fortree, after alot moveset adjusting.

My team: some catchy poison team name

;317; Level: 32 Item: None.
Shock wave
Toxic
Strength
Sludge

This guy would make a great tank, but his move pool is way to diverse for the restraints of tankness

;169; Level: 32 Item: King's Rock.
Double team
Confuse Ray
Toxic
Fly
My super annoying crobat. I love flying while my foe is too retarded an cofused to attack while toxic does its work.

;315; Level: 33 Item: Macho Brace.
Giga drain
Growth
Grasswhistle
Leech Seed
This thing is nearly impossible to kill, since the only thing it has trouble with are skarmorys. It just takes your health and growths until giga drain is strong enough to take down an entire team. PP is ****, though.

;109; Level: 33 Item: None.
Facade
Thunderbolt
Sludge
Haze
It shocked me that koffing has more special attack then attack ( possibly due to its nature), which is going to lead into this guy being a pretty freaking sweet special sweeper.

;073; Level: 35 Item: King's Rock. (thank you zigzagoon.)
Hidden power [electric]
Ice Beam
Sludge Bomb
Surf
I treat this guy as my starter, as once you get through the bullcrap known as tentacool, it rules. Hidden power will soon become screech or swords dance.

There you have it, and dayumn, i love my team.

Flygon44
19th March 2008, 3:45 PM
;026;

Level 73

Thunder

Thunderbolt

Sweet kiss

Flash

;332; Shiny

level 48

Ingrain

Solarbeam

Needle arm

flash

;330;

level 50

Dragonbreath

Fly

Rock smash

strength

;321;

level 44

Dive

Waterfall

Surf

Water spout

;038;

Level 39

Secret power

Confuse ray

Overheat

Flamethrower

;334;

Level 62

Sky attack

Sing

Fly

Secret power

;330;

Mister Pokémon
19th March 2008, 4:07 PM
I don't see the "mono" in there. This thread is for teams, that include only one type (and maybe secondary type). 2sick4u has a great example in this page.

Dragon Chimchar
22nd March 2008, 10:49 PM
I did a mono on Ruby using just bugs
i started with mudkip
beat May with lv/6 mudkip
got pokeballs
wandered around and caught a wurple called it Queeno
put muddy in the box
trained up Queeno
it evolved to silcoon
found a surskit and caught it
nicknamed it Nori

my team is
Queeno lv/7
jolly
atks
Tackle
String shot
Poison sting
Harden

Nori lv/5
serious
atks
Bubble

Dresden
23rd March 2008, 12:28 AM
I was thinking about doing this, until I read the very first post. No poison, psychic, fire, ghost? You took out the best frickin' types in this game. No thanks.

orion155
23rd March 2008, 8:14 PM
this sounds quite interesting. i think ill do water. i chose mudkip. then i lvl'd it up to 8 and 2hko'd May's treeko. i then did all the stuff afterwards. i was searching around for a wingull and finally found one. woot. i then beat everyone on the way to petalburg and watched wally capture a poke. i then killed everybody on the way to rustburo and then beat roxanne. i am now in pursuit of team magma.

also, am i allowed to use a castform with rain dance?

skarmory227
25th March 2008, 1:16 AM
I know that this isn't allowed, but I will do psychic just because of the vast dual types that psychic has. I am planning my team to be something like Claydol, Starmie, Xatu, Jirachi (not for the challenge, I just always wanted to raise one (I know this breaks another rule, but I just want to have a little fun)Yes, the jirachi will be legit. I have the bonus disk)Medicham, Exeggutor. Please don't scold me for breaking the rules as I will be breaking 3(the third being breeding pokemon and trading in to the game). I just want to have a little fun to keep pokemon entertaining
So far, I have the following:
Torchic

sidsean94
25th March 2008, 2:49 PM
Well i Didnt fell like reporting my day to day events so ill skip to the current situation
i have two badges and in verdanturf

my pokes

Combusken @ -- lv 30
female bashful
-bulk up
-double kick
-ember
-peck

Breloom @kings rock lv 26
female hardy
-leech seed
-mega drain
-headbutt
-mach punch

Hariyama(Makit) @ Quick Claw
male bashful
-Fake Out
-tackle
-vital throw
-arm thrust

well im in agood position to thrash wattson but i intend on training to level 32 before trying.
Will machop be a good choice later???

orion155
25th March 2008, 5:15 PM
well i beat the grunt and saved all the ppl there. I then moved on over to dewford with my marshtommp and wingull. i beat the crap out of Brawly's gym, give steven the leter, and then went to slateport. i beat the beach but then decid3ed to not fight any one else so i could train the marill that i would catch later on them. i caught marill (nickname Pikablu) and i trained up to 18 where it evolved. i then beat every one wattson, team magma, and flannery and am now on the way to norman's gym. i might train up first though

Marshtomp @Soft sand
level 35
take down
growl
mud shot
water gun

Pikablu @none
level 31
tackle
rollout
tail whip
bubblebeam

Pelipper @king's rock
level 31
water gun
wing attack
protect
mist

Dragon Chimchar
28th March 2008, 11:10 PM
After beating everyone in Petalburg woods with my new Cascoon wich i lovingly called Cah my amazing Queeno evolved into a Beautifly and Nori learned Quick Attack.After beating those stupid twins and the armada of crummy Magikarp Cah evolved into a Dustox.I trained my team in the grass and caught a Nincada which i called Kit.Battled Kit against the other trainers but gave her a rare candy to prepare for the rock gym!

Kit lv/9
mild
atks
Leech life
Sand attack
Harden
Scratch

Cah lv/10
careful
Tackle
Confusion
Poison sting
Harden

Queeno lv/11
jolly
Tackle
String shot
Poison sting
Absorb

Nori lv/11
serious
Bubble
Quick attack

skarmory227
29th March 2008, 6:36 PM
Finnally made it to mauville after all of the ordeals i went thru to get there. I never knew how horrible psychic 1st stage pokemon could be. Jirachi is the only good pokemon I have. My team so far:

Exeggcute(Eggya) F lv. 20
Confusion
Hypnosis
Giga Drain
Solarbeam

Natu(Xida) F lv. 19
Peck
Leer
Psychic
teleport

Meditite(Ares) M lv. 19
Confusion
Meditate
Reflect
Hidden power (Fire)

Jirachi lv. 20
Wish
Psychic
Rest
Swift

Staryu(Star) lv. 19
Tackle
Recover
Light Screen
Surf

Baltoy(Tops) @ soft sand lv. 19
Psybeam
Mud-slap
Rock tomb
Return

Staryu will eventually be a starmie when I get a water stone. (I am doing a psychic challenge)

Pokemon Trainer 619
2nd April 2008, 8:59 PM
This sounds fun. i will try a grass challenge since i always chose water before.
I know that breeding and trading isnt allowed but i am doing it for fun.if u think that bcause of trading i can not continue PM me

Anyways i started with treecko, saved the profs but and named treecko Cool Leaf.i trained to lv.7 before beating may.

Dragon Chimchar
6th April 2008, 12:02 PM
Ive given up with bugs so im doing grass or normal
expect an update soon;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;; 107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;; 107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;; 107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;;107;

inkace
8th April 2008, 10:27 PM
Cool. Grass on Sapphire as soon as my mom gives me back my Gameboy >=O

Brado
9th April 2008, 12:00 AM
This sounds awesome..I'm gonna start with Ground 'cause it's got some really strong poke's in there..

This is my predicted team

Swampert,
Flygon,
Camerupt,
Claydol,
ZIGZAPWN (HM slave)

I will update as soon as i start.
Btw awesome thread.

inkace
9th April 2008, 12:50 AM
Got it! Grass MonoChallenge
Day 1:
Treecko, named Geeko.
Docile
Pound, Leer
Owned May and Torchic.
Looked for a Lotad forever and finally found one!...and one-hit KO'ed it -_-;
But got it. Quirky nature, Astonish, Growl.
That's it for now...

Dresden
9th April 2008, 1:55 AM
I've got an idea for my Ruby I just got. It isn't a mono-type at all, but its definitely an unusual team. I'm thinking of doing a team that will just consist of stuff that's a combination of fighting/dark/psychic/ghost.

-Sableye
-Medicham
-Gardevoir
-Kadabra/Alakazam
-Hariyama
-Banette
-Absol

Comments?

inkace
9th April 2008, 4:45 AM
I've got an idea for my Ruby I just got. It isn't a mono-type at all, but its definitely an unusual team. I'm thinking of doing a team that will just consist of stuff that's a combination of fighting/dark/psychic/ghost.

-Sableye
-Medicham
-Gardevoir
-Kadabra/Alakazam
-Hariyama
-Banette
-Absol

This is a really cool idea, but make sure you have an HMSlave nearby =/

Umbreon_13
9th April 2008, 4:49 AM
i would do it but well i prefer fire and dark types and since i can't use either i won't but some advice for those who are doing it use grass type there the easiest to win with

Dresden
9th April 2008, 6:42 AM
This is a really cool idea, but make sure you have an HMSlave nearby =/

I decided against it this time through, but I'll keep it in mind. And yeah, HM slaves are an unfortunate necessity. All HMs but strength and surf suck.