PDA

View Full Version : It's digging time!

Pages : [1] 2

arceus03
8th June 2008, 6:16 AM
So, what is you digging skill? Do you use the hammer and dig rashly, or the pickaxe and dig carefully? And then,are you usually successful in unearthing everything, or does the wall crumble before you even manage to dig something? Apart from spheres, what are the items that you usually get? And what are your other experiences that you get from digging?

As for me, I usually use the pickaxe and dig in one of the 2x2 square, because an item's size is (if I'm not mistaken) more than 2x2. So far I've obtained one Hard Stone, a Max Revive, some shards, and once a Heart Scale. What are other rare items that you find? And how do you ensure that you can dig everything just before the wall crumbles? Do you just get plain lucky, or do you plan your digging carefully? Tell your stories here~

Ellie
8th June 2008, 6:42 AM
I get Heart Scales fairly often, and a bunch of Shards as well. But I've gotten almost all of the rare items at least once too.

I nearly always use the hammer. I start off my hitting each of the four corners until it's all the way down, then if I see something, pound around it to uncover it, and if not, then randomly pound until I see something or the wall comes down. Not really the best method, but hey, it's gotten me decent stuff XD

lucario x
8th June 2008, 6:57 AM
I get Heart Scales fairly often, and a bunch of Shards as well. But I've gotten almost all of the rare items at least once too.

I nearly always use the hammer. I start off my hitting each of the four corners until it's all the way down, then if I see something, pound around it to uncover it, and if not, then randomly pound until I see something or the wall comes down. Not really the best method, but hey, it's gotten me decent stuff XD

2 great minds thonk alike xp
i almost always find fossils but dont get them, rare bone, shards, and big diamond spheres. Talk about luck :p

(s.i.e)
8th June 2008, 11:10 AM
as for me i prefer to use the hammer, i'll
get what i want sooner or later^^

Lord of Music
8th June 2008, 11:12 AM
I use the hammer to find the big objects, then finish off with the pickaxe.

chorusco
8th June 2008, 11:22 AM
Pickaxe for Small objects. If i find a big object i use the hammer.

aerisLana
8th June 2008, 11:22 AM
Well, I always use Hammer tool at first to mash the wall deeper. When I find something, I use my Pickaxe carefully to get the item. Although sometimes, I always fail when I do that, probably because I become reckless sometimes when I want to dig faster. =P

Chimecho3000
8th June 2008, 12:01 PM
I just use the hammer and just smash everywhere, I usually get all the items.

I have found heaps of items underground. The only items I haven't found underground are the Dread Plate, Earth Plate, and Oval Stone (oh, and Shield Fossil for obvious reasons). Are Oval Stones Pearl exclusive or something? I can't believe I haven't ever found one. I have only ever found 1 Dome Fossil, and that was in my first save file, so I occasionally go underground just to hunt for one...no success yet. I have found plenty of the other fossils though, including roughly 10 Root Fossils...

Shiny qwilfish of doom
8th June 2008, 9:10 PM
i just use the pickaxe all the time. i use the hammer on rare occasions though.

BluBoy14
8th June 2008, 9:15 PM
I find lots of fossils, heart scales and some hard stones but i don't go underground because its boring even with a friend

•Moonbeam•
8th June 2008, 9:18 PM
I smash everything like hell with the hammer and slowly and carefully pick away everything else with the pickaxe. I often find rare objects like Heart Scales and Fossils.

Forretress Fan
8th June 2008, 9:30 PM
I pickaxe everything slowly If I am just doing this to pass time.

If I am searchibng for something I SMASH DAT WALL!

Find HEart Scales and Thunderstones & Firestones too much ;x

Ch0c0late Av3ng3r
8th June 2008, 9:41 PM
I always use the pickaxe, don't like the hammer lol I usually get everything that's there except the bigger fossils, because the wall crumbles before I finish grrrr. I tend to find shards and stones more often than not.

Edit: Mineral Trainer >.<

Umbreon-dana
8th June 2008, 9:42 PM
I use the pick-Axe to just dig around, then when I find something, I use the hammer to remove the surrounding area of the item.

The items I get most are Shards, Evo. Stones, Max Revives and Skull Fossils.

Although I got lucky once and got 7 Rare Bones in 1 go-through. 7 Rare Bones in ~30 minutes. :D

Edit: ~@_@~ Rank up.

Theneedleman
8th June 2008, 9:44 PM
IT'S HAMMMA TIMEEEEEEEE

Yeah I bash the crap out of the wall w/ ma hamma, usually getting me fossils/stones/shards the like.

Shimegami
8th June 2008, 9:47 PM
I usually just smash around with the hammer. If I'm running out of time, however, I usually switch to the pickax to try to dig out whatever I had currently found before the wall collapses.

Digging is my main source of income - due to all the evo stones I find and sell, I usually rack up anywhere from 20 to 50k at a time. XD

Cosmar
8th June 2008, 10:15 PM
I use the hammer to get through the dark rocks/to smash things quickly, but I switch to the Pickaxe when I find something good.

I get lots of Everstones, certain Fossils (usually Claw and Dome, IIRC), Water Stones, Leaf Stones, the occasional Fire Stone, the odd Heart Scale, sometimes an Arceus Plate, LOTS of Hard Stones, Shards, and I've found a few Rare Bones.

MidnightStorm
8th June 2008, 10:18 PM
I just bang that wall up with the hammer and find Heart Scales or Water Stones most of the time. Sometimes I'll find a gem to bury and find later.

PsychedelicJellyfish
8th June 2008, 10:19 PM
I use the pickaxe to locate items and then the mallet to quickly unearth them. The wall generally collapses before I finish, though.

Hydrohs
8th June 2008, 10:21 PM
I just take the Hammer and pound at the wall randomly until I find something, and then I pound around it until I get it. I usually get like half the things, I've gotten a few rare items, lots of fossils.

I really need to change my strategy, and incorporate the Pick Axe...

Hydrohs
8th June 2008, 10:22 PM
I just take the Hammer and pound at the wall randomly until I find something, and then I pound around it until I get it. I usually get like half the things, I've gotten a few rare items, lots of fossils.

I really need to change my strategy, and incorporate the Pick Axe...

Blazios
8th June 2008, 10:35 PM
I pick the mallet, close my eyes and hammer randomly.

PsychedelicJellyfish
8th June 2008, 10:37 PM

...And how well does that work?

Blazios
8th June 2008, 10:37 PM
...And how well does that work?

Surprisingly better than you would imagine.

hideki101
8th June 2008, 11:33 PM
I tend to use the hammer where there is a dark area surrounded by lighter, thinner rock to prevent the possibility of a solid rock underneath ruining my day. after I find something, I use the pickaxe and see if I can find the least amount of strikes to unearth it.

Phrexyian Garguantua
8th June 2008, 11:46 PM
I just flail the hammer around until I find something, which I then promptly smash out.
It works for me!

Blue_Ditto_256
9th June 2008, 12:34 AM
I use the hammer on the light brown parts at first, then switch to the pickaxe if I find something. I don't bother digging up the small spheres, and have gotten numerous rare items. Arceus Plates, fossils (but still no claw fossil), a couple of Iron Balls and once even an Odd Keystone.

Silverwing
9th June 2008, 1:10 AM
I use the hammer to clear away dirt, and if I find something I use the pick axe. This usually allows me to get everything, but occasionly the walls come down.

I've found a least one of everything underground except the moon stone, and some plates.

Deoxys Master 89
9th June 2008, 1:10 AM
I usually hammer at the corners and center and then go around to the spots i missed with the pickaxe. I usually haul off a large quantity of fossils, evo stones, hard stones, metal/iron balls, Shards, everstones (lots of these ones :P ), plates, etc.

I usually just leave the spheres (since i've got my own garden of them :D ) until i need more for my little sphere garden and i go for the rare objects.

So far my best room/cavern has been 2 plates, a water stone and an old amber (aerodactyl fosil), but i missed the water stone due to the excessive hammering i gave the walls prior to locating the stone :'(

I just hate it when a room with 4 items is full of grey stones that i need to clear off and a room with only 2 has the floor completely, or nearly completely cleared to the brown sand~ surface.

RedMoogleXIII
9th June 2008, 1:27 AM
I hammer around the lighter spots and use the pickaxe to finish up an item if the wall is close to crumbling. Also I cant seem to find a second Dome Fossil underground.

Pingouin7
9th June 2008, 2:00 AM
But Dome fossil is so frickin' hard to get!

I never got one, and the only Kabuto i got was from FR...

RICH
9th June 2008, 2:03 AM
i like to use the mallet until i see something i want then gently pick it out with the pickaxe. it works well for me i almost always get everything.

Fire Suicune
9th June 2008, 6:35 AM
I use the hammer randomly until I see a part of something, then I dig it out with the pickaxe.

I ahevm't played in a while, so I can't remember exactly what I usually get, but I remember seeing a lot of shards and Heart Scales...ESPECIALLY Heart Scales...

-F.S. out

Deoxys Arceus
9th June 2008, 6:44 AM
I use the hammer and when I see a part of something, I use the pickaxe and dig to get it out.
I often get Heart Scales (25+), Firestones (40+), Thunderstones (40+), Everstone (20+).
Sometimes I get fossils and I have more than 5 each.
And I have Icy Rock, Heat Rock, Smooth Rock and Light Clay more than 5 each.

arceus03
9th June 2008, 4:28 PM

LOL, that's a nice strategy. Maybe I ought to try that out :P

I use the hammer randomly until I see a part of something, then I dig it out with the pickaxe.

I ahevm't played in a while, so I can't remember exactly what I usually get, but I remember seeing a lot of shards and Heart Scales...ESPECIALLY Heart Scales...

-F.S. out

Oh moan... I've been digging lately, and still NO Heart Scales... Just my luck.. I've obtained something rarer than Heart Scales, [Rare Bone, Max Revive, Hard Stone etc] but... no Heart Scales.... --;

penguinofhonor
9th June 2008, 4:35 PM
I use the hammer and randomly smash things, then use the pick to get everything. I get loads of skull fossils and thunderstones. I avoid spheres like the plague, though. I carry around 2 99 spheres of each color just in case I want to buy something. I get helix fossils, heart scales, everstones, hard stones, and shards at a decent rate.

I've never gotten a water stone. And that's really annoying, because I want a vaporeon for my Eevee team, but I don't have a water stone. I've also never gotten any dome fossils or ambers for Kabuto or Aerodactyl.

Ghost Dialga
9th June 2008, 5:20 PM
I first hit the light spaces with the pick, but I never do that consecutively. Example: x[]xx[] Once the light spaces have been tested, I'll hit the dark ones then repeat the above step, and once those have been tested, I go for the rocky spaces. Once I find something I use the pick if it i completely in a light space, but if it's half and half I hit it with the hammer. If I'm really in a hurry, or there is a LOT of treasure around me, I'll just swing wildly with the hammer.
I usually get Fire Stones, Thunder Stones, Heat Rocks, Icy Rocks, Everstones, sometimes Fossils, and Shards. My greatest finds were a Water Stone which I got yesterday, and an occasional plate.

Ghost Dialga
9th June 2008, 5:21 PM
Oh come on, this is my third double post :( Please delete this message, Staff.

Mattyz
9th June 2008, 5:38 PM
I'm using hammer and if the wall is close to break I'm using pickaxe! I get a fire or thunderstone every time! :p I don't need them at all!

empoleon23
9th June 2008, 7:01 PM
So, what is you digging skill? Do you use the hammer and dig rashly, or the pickaxe and dig carefully? And then,are you usually successful in unearthing everything, or does the wall crumble before you even manage to dig something? Apart from spheres, what are the items that you usually get? And what are your other experiences that you get from digging?

As for me, I usually use the pickaxe and dig in one of the 2x2 square, because an item's size is (if I'm not mistaken) more than 2x2. So far I've obtained one Hard Stone, a Max Revive, some shards, and once a Heart Scale. What are other rare items that you find? And how do you ensure that you can dig everything just before the wall crumbles? Do you just get plain lucky, or do you plan your digging carefully? Tell your stories here~

Well i usually use the hammer...so far i have gotten every single plate and almost all the fossils...i have pearl so i cant get cranidos. i have gotten alot of revives and shards too! sometimes it gets aggravating when you keep losing some big shpere but it is always luck and chance.;136;

Victreebong
9th June 2008, 7:41 PM
I'm noticing a trend here... lots of people getting fire and thunder stones, lots of root fossils and skull fossils, no dome fossils, and 1< water stones... you guys are playing Diamond I imagine. When I played in Diamond (and I played A LOT in the underground), these were constantly what I got. It's easily the most addictive mini game of the series, screw berry blending.

My tactic is the one stated before where I swing the mallet in areas of soft dirt, close to rocks, and then chisel at the spaces if I see something poking through. I usually get everything on the screen, unless it's a heart scale because they are only 4 spaces.

Hard stones abound along with everstones, so I sell those along with rare bones. Plenty of the weather rocks, and lots of weather fragments. I've gotten, many, MANY of these items, and at least 3 ambers, which I imagine along with the iron ball, is the rarest of the items to unearth. i eventually had to get rid of (!) some heart scales because they capped 99 and were taking up another inventory slot...

MidnightStorm
9th June 2008, 7:47 PM
In Pearl, there are LOTS of Water stones, I've got to have 25 of those things.

Orihime
9th June 2008, 10:19 PM
i use the hammer on the thinnest layers, and use it continuosly until ther's inloy a tiny bit left

Mobile Suit Pilot
9th June 2008, 10:47 PM
I hammer in random spots and then if I see part of an item(a good item) then I pickaxe away.

Mobile Suit Pilot
9th June 2008, 10:48 PM
I hammer in random spots and then if I see part of an item(a good item) then I pickaxe away.

DarkTyphlosion157
9th June 2008, 11:07 PM
I usually ignore Spheres. Secret Bases never bothered me much unless I'm at a massive loose end.

Has anyone EVER got an Oval Stone? I spend a massive amount of time undeground, but never found one.

I usually hammer around, but carefully (but not too carefully) pickaxe out items.

ninny13
10th June 2008, 1:03 AM
i hammer the whole time. i don't use the pick-axe.
& i mostly get hard stones & fire stones. i have i think 18 fire stones at the moment -__-

Focus Aipom
10th June 2008, 1:07 AM
I always use the hammer until the wall is close to breaking(find fossils like that). Then I use the pick axe but mostly by that time the wall would crumble

Victreebong
10th June 2008, 1:36 AM
I did wind up getting an oval stone at one point. Like I said, spent a lot of time in the underground. I also missed one at some point, you know when you've got a little bit of chord left but you blew it all on wild swings?

And the sphere's are more for fan service with a little individuality twisted in. Who doesn't want a stuffed Turtwig in their corner...?

Britt
10th June 2008, 1:46 AM
I normally start with the hammer, and after I can see edges of fossils or other things, I'll take the pick-axe and just chisle away at what I want. Like, if I see a fossil, I'll start there, and then if the wall hasn't broken, I'll go after other things. I've already gotten all the fossils, and the Old Amber for Aerodactyl, but since I'm playing on Pearl, I'm still missing the Skull Fossil to get Cranidos.

Britt
10th June 2008, 1:49 AM
I normally start with the hammer, and after I can see edges of fossils or other things, I'll take the pick-axe and just chisle away at what I want. Like, if I see a fossil, I'll start there, and then if the wall hasn't broken, I'll go after other things. I've already gotten all the fossils, and the Old Amber for Aerodactyl, but since I'm playing on Pearl, I'm still missing the Skull Fossil to get Cranidos.

Cryptozoologist
10th June 2008, 3:54 AM
Pickaxe. I just like it more, I guess.

Imperial_Furret
10th June 2008, 4:14 AM
For the most part I take my time and pick at it with the pickaxe, but if I'm tired or have no patience at the moment I'll just say "Screw This" and dig in with a hammer.

I quite frequently get Shards and the Stones that increase the length of weather.

WhyteMage
10th June 2008, 7:53 AM
I usually pick away using the pickaxe. I usually dig out evolution stones. I never get heart scales when I want them.

LordLati
11th June 2008, 2:51 AM
I use the pick and dig in a pattern that is the most efficient at un covering the dirt, though the pattern varies based on the wall's pattern.
The only item I failed on digging up was a plate >_< I forget which one it was...

AEROBLASTER
11th June 2008, 10:03 AM
I use the pickaxe and dig sort of wildly unless I feel serious or see a rare item. For the last hit I always use the hammer

PsychicPsycho
12th June 2008, 6:27 AM
Generally what I do is just hammer away until I expose the lowest level, and then use the axe to pick away rock to totally expose any object I find. If I don't find anything at first, I hammer/axe around to expose areas to make sure that I didn't miss any plates.

I don't always get everything before the wall collapses, it's maybe half and half when it comes to that.

As far as the stuff I've found.....
Heart scales: 65+, Shards: 100+, Evo stones: 80+, Weather Rocks: 15+, Fossils: 40+, Spheres: 2000+, Plates: not sure, at least half a set (at least 8), and lots of other stuff.

As far as experience, nothing really special I guess. One time I dug in the same spot 5 straight times. Another time I found an iron plate, BUT MY BAG WAS FULL! AHHHHHH!!!!!!! Stupid bag.....

Some questions, though: Has anyone found multiples of the same plate? Has anyone found all the plates? (both 'no' for me) Does anyone else find that there are lots of places to dig near were you bury your spheres? Has anyone got any crystals from Mr goods? (get for doing 100 of the following: meet people, trap people, give items, dig fossils)

Chimecho3000
12th June 2008, 11:48 AM
Some questions, though: Has anyone found multiples of the same plate? Has anyone found all the plates? (both 'no' for me) Does anyone else find that there are lots of places to dig near were you bury your spheres? Has anyone got any crystals from Mr goods? (get for doing 100 of the following: meet people, trap people, give items, dig fossils)

Hey, I was actually thinking about that. So far, I have dug out all the plates except Earth, Draco, and Dread. I have not found any multiples. I did actually find a Draco, but the wall collapsed before I could get it....In my first game file, I think I found about 4-6 plates underground, I can't remember the exact number, but I do know they weren't duplicates. So therefore maybe you can only find 1 of each plate underground, or maybe you can only find second plates once you have dug out one of each.

I have dug out 82 Fossils/Rare Bones so far. I'm getting there...haven't found a single Dome Fossil yet...

skenasis
12th June 2008, 1:11 PM
I use the hammer unless I find an item I want, in which case I switch to the pickaxe. I've found at least one of everything you can find (both and Diamond only), except for some of the plates.

-Lympics
12th June 2008, 1:51 PM
I use hammer and randomly dig dig dig.. If i see spheres, then i will ignored that part.

Blivsey
12th June 2008, 6:43 PM
I use the hammer to take out big chunks of area until I hit something, then I pickaxe around it to take the thing out.

Manix
13th June 2008, 2:54 AM
I just bash the hell out of the wall with the hammer. Seems to work. Don't know how, though...

charizardtrainer16
13th June 2008, 3:47 AM
i go beast mode with my pick and hammer! i ROCK at getting kool treasures and stuff! (Oh come on I just HAD to throw the rock pun in there!) anyway, i think digging makes a great minigame for the pokemon series!

penguinofhonor
13th June 2008, 7:02 AM
Okay, something's up. I have 18 Fire Stones and 21 Thunderstones, but I don't have any Water Stones. Really annoying. I want to get a Vaporeon eventually.

I've been digging up spheres now, because I've wanted to get some more furniture for my secret base. I just got a red tent, which I think is awesome.

Enheritance
13th June 2008, 8:06 AM
When I first go Underground, I use the Pickaxe, but the longer I stay down I start to get irratable if I'm looking for something specefic then I strat to bash away with the Hammer xD The items I get the most of are Firestones. I've seen so many that I hate the sight of them now. I get alot of Heartscales too, but those are useful.

Aaron_fan
13th June 2008, 8:32 AM
If there's three items or more I use the pickaxe. If there's less I just hammer the hell outta the wall. I get a lot of Skull fossils, or whatever they are, the Cranidos fossils. I used to get a lot of Plates, though.

Spire
13th June 2008, 8:56 AM
I get a lot of Fire Stones, ThunderStones, Skull/Helix/Claw Fossils, and Heart Scales.

I'm guessing Water and Leaf Stones are a lot more common in Pearl, then.

arceus03
13th June 2008, 3:57 PM
Just discovered something today...
If you're near a digging spot and you touch the screen with the stylus, if the wall sparkles it indicates there's something hidden there.. Can also be used to unearth traps on the floor.
I know that you probably found this out anyway... -_-;

Bicoastal Mite
13th June 2008, 4:04 PM
Hammertime! I wildly smash the wall with the hammer and usually only sucessfully obtain 2 or 3 items per wall. A tip to get big spheres is to take the same type and bury them together. The size will increase but it will not be the added size! it'll just speed up the process instead of burying the spheres and waiting for 4-5 days... or more.

Kyogre35
13th June 2008, 4:05 PM
I use the hammer mostly. I get so many Heart Scales and fossils it's not funny.:D

@Arceus03: Yes you can find traps that way to.

Sharks Shouldn't Fly
13th June 2008, 4:09 PM
I just whack around with the hammer until I find something worth keeping.
Seems to work pretty well. :3

Drake Pokétrainer
13th June 2008, 9:21 PM
I use the hammer to do the heavy work. As soon as I've found something interesting I use the pickaxe to excavate it carefully.

naturegloom
13th June 2008, 9:34 PM
hammer!!!!
on my game heart scales are very rare,i find everything BUT heart scales,
i sent 1 hour digging and no scales!!
arghhhh
;292;

Doti
14th June 2008, 6:37 PM
I usually hammer the crap out of the wall and as soon as I get a glimpse of an item I carefully use the pickaxe. Then repeat the process until the wall collapses. As for items I've found so many plates it's annoying. 11 now, I think. Also tend to get fossils and evolution stones mostly. And no sign of Heart Scales whatsoever.

Btw, arceus03, I've been playing for almost a year now and I only noticed that two weeks ago. xD

Ceecee-typhlosion
15th June 2008, 12:11 PM
Just discovered something today...
If you're near a digging spot and you touch the screen with the stylus, if the wall sparkles it indicates there's something hidden there.. Can also be used to unearth traps on the floor.
I know that you probably found this out anyway... -_-;

It took me ages to figure that out too :)
i kept guessing where there were digging spots and stuff, then my stylus slipped on the touchscreen while i was underground and things started sparkling

i use the pickaxe to get items out, but i use the hammers if there are big rocks in the way

i get quite alot of heart scales, evolution stones and fossils, and quite a few plates aswell

it annoys me when i get spheres though
i keep burying them and then when i go back i can't get them out of the ground because my bag is full

arceus03
15th June 2008, 12:41 PM
It took me ages to figure that out too :)
i kept guessing where there were digging spots and stuff, then my stylus slipped on the touchscreen while i was underground and things started sparkling

Btw, arceus03, I've been playing for almost a year now and I only noticed that two weeks ago. xD

Looks like I'm not alone :p
Oh well, through that I at least manage to dig faster, and some few minutes after that, I found a Heart Scale xp

jorisw
15th June 2008, 1:09 PM
I just keep slamming with the hammer. BANGBANGBANG

Aquamarina
15th June 2008, 11:18 PM
I usually just use the pickaxe, unless I find something big.
I find a lot of heart scales, and I find water stones wayyy too often.
-_-

markomega
15th June 2008, 11:35 PM
I use the hammer way too much

Amonitas
15th June 2008, 11:58 PM
I always use hammer as my last weapon before it collapses, never in other things.

Amonitas
15th June 2008, 11:59 PM
I always use hammer as my last weapon before it collapses, never in other things.

shinycacnea
16th June 2008, 8:21 AM
Technique: big mallet thing for the main bashing, then little pick for the fine detail around the items.

What I dig up: I don't bother with spheres any more, don't need 'em. If it says there's 4 items, I'll dig far enough to see what they are but don't bother digging them out completely if they're spheres.

I'm usually after things like fossils, bones, max/revives, stuff I can sell.
I really like the underground, but get annoyed when the sparkles appear in a different area from the one I'm in

Argon
15th July 2008, 7:17 AM
Ar: I currently have too many spheres. Usually, I'd pick out the items that aren't spheres, and when I'd come to a sphere, to not dig it up so I would be able to save space to mine...

Laser Shuckle
15th July 2008, 10:05 AM
i just use the hammer on everything

BoneBurry
15th July 2008, 10:52 AM
i use the hammer on everything too :P there is some guy who buys stuff, like starpiece etc., for spheres. starpiece 31 pale or something like that. you should really look for him.

Ambellina
15th July 2008, 2:57 PM
I use the hammer to break up everything & then the ax to fine-hack XD Ugh, I never bothered with spheres >.< most annoying things ever

mew..
15th July 2008, 3:03 PM
ax to find a item, then hammer to get it. After fossils and shards mostly ;D

RDSchley
15th July 2008, 7:52 PM
I use my Bibarel's head and tail as a hammer and his teeth as a pickaxe... i hate the little -------!

mastergeorge
15th July 2008, 8:01 PM
I use the pick only. I dig up at least 5 fossils a day and I do not dig up spears. They get in my way. I dig alot.

Argon
16th July 2008, 9:34 AM
Ar: I get annoyed at the stones that get in my way...

groovitational skiing9867
16th July 2008, 12:51 PM
ive got 23 thunder stones and only 2 water stones!! also got 9 fire stones and 3 leaf stones oh and 17 sun stones

cecil
16th July 2008, 1:00 PM
I always use hammer for my first tool, until I'm able to see something, then I start to use the pickaxe to chip away them little by little. Often I manage to get everything, although sometimes I'm a bit unlucky.

Most of them stones, Fire Stones, and Shards. Occasional Heart Scales and any other items, such as Fossils...

Larry
17th July 2008, 4:15 PM
I always use the hammer...just....because.

Discharge
17th July 2008, 4:29 PM
hammer for big stuff anf pick for smaller.. Simple :F

shinygroudon232
17th July 2008, 4:57 PM
I use the hammerz to find the Itemz, then I use pickaxez to precariously dig them out with outstanding caution.

PikaMagia
17th July 2008, 5:23 PM
I bash the big rocks with the hammer before using the pickaxe. Like a few others have mentioned, I don't really bother with spheres. I'm more interested in fossils.
Though unfortunately most of what I find is spheres. Bah.

Volaro
17th July 2008, 6:11 PM
I pickaxe most of the time, ocassionally using the hammer If the wall has thick layers to pierce.

spyroflame0487
17th July 2008, 6:13 PM
XP..I just bash away blindly with the Hammer...mainly without a care in the world. It's not like there's anyone else down there!

I think I use the Pickaxe...maybe 3 times? It was right before the wall crumbled, and there was a fossil.

I've been looking for Plates, and only comming up with a huge supply of evolution stones, and Fossils..as if, they thought you would be searching for them..

As for Spheres, I just bury the small ones in front of my base, usually forget about em, and return days later to a size 99 Sphere. "It grew by 98 since you buried it!"

I fill up my bag with these, so I DON'T get more...

Ryze
17th July 2008, 6:39 PM
I usually only use the pickaxe, unless I get annoyed...Then I hammer everything uncontrollably. For some reason the wall collapses a lot when I dig.. :(

Frost Fang
17th July 2008, 6:41 PM
I go with the hammer until I find something, then I carefully unearth it with the pickaxe. I get a lot of shards, heart scales, and stones. Yesterday I got an Odd Keystone! Woo-hoo, those things are really rare. I get a lot of dome and skull fossils, my favorite.

(s.i.e)
18th July 2008, 6:50 PM
well lately i'm more busy searching for traps then searching for spheres but when i dig i use the hammer, there are plenty of other spots to find them.
there are exceptions, if i find something really interesting like fossils or plates then i use the pickaxe instead.

hello moto
19th July 2008, 2:17 AM
I just bash it with the Hammer, in hoping to find heart scales. I actually haven't gone to the underground for 6 months now :)

cbiesra
19th July 2008, 2:46 AM
I just use the hammer
I get WAY too many hard stones, heart scales, and fossils (always Omanyte, cranidos, or anorith, I've gotten one sheildon and one or two lileep) so yah, I don't dig up spheres any more cuz my bag fills up in two minutes when I do

cbiesra
19th July 2008, 2:49 AM
I just use the hammer
I get WAY too many hard stones, heart scales, and fossils (always Omanyte, cranidos, or anorith, I've gotten one sheildon and one or two lileep) so yah, I don't dig up spheres any more cuz my bag fills up in two minutes when I do

Leon
19th July 2008, 3:03 AM
I just use the hammer until I unearth part of something, then use the pickaxe to carefully unveil whatever I've dug up. Most of hte times I just find the regular gems, and fossils really.

starrywater777
19th July 2008, 5:10 AM
I use the pick axe in the none rocky areas, and bang around the hammer in the darker rocky areas. And when I'm bored I just bang the hammer around.

Yellow Torterra
19th July 2008, 5:53 AM
I wack the place with the hammer till I find something, then i use the pickaxe.
I have found too many fossils,evo stones and sellable things, also like 3 plates and many shards

honey_clover112
19th July 2008, 8:09 AM
I use the pickaxe. A lot. I use the hammer rarely, because I fail with it, actually. :/ Though I still get a lot of things using the pickaxe only.

;006;

Dark FireBird
19th July 2008, 5:35 PM
i use the hammer the most. come to think of it, i don't think i've ever bothered using the pickaxe actually, lol! i usually find loads of heart scales, coloured shards (especially yellow for some reason), hard stones, and everstones. i wish i could find more interesting fossils more often though... =/

Pokenicks
19th July 2008, 10:35 PM
I always use the hammer to make the square, then I use the pickaxe on the corners of the square, making the wall less faster to fall.

I usually find shards, spheres (no DUH), sometimes plates, and, not to brag, I also found 2 Odd Keystones :D

One of the only treasures I have failed to find is the Root Fossil, Lileep's fossil. I always use the radar before I go treasure hunting, I have a Platinum Flag ;)

-Espacio-
20th July 2008, 6:34 AM
I like using the pickaxe while digging underground, and I usually find Skull Fossils, Heart Scales, and Hard Stones almost every time. I have 19 Skull Fossils in my bag right now xD

Bolt the Cat
21st July 2008, 1:30 AM
I just dig randomly with the pickaxe until I find something. It usually works out for me, as I've gotten every treasure in the underground at least twice by that method. I barely even touch the hammer, unless I've gotten every item I want and there's something stupid like a sphere left. Then, I break out the hammer and smash random places for fun until the cave collapses.

Fire Hero
22nd July 2008, 10:26 AM
I usually get fossils, shards, stones, rare bones, weather rocks, and so on. I start with the hammer but when I find something I change to the pickaxe and carefully dig just the place where the treasure is.

Shinobi5878
22nd July 2008, 12:03 PM
I just pound away with the hammer...if I find something I want I tend to hammer in a more precise area. Other than that I don't care. Or I just run around in the under ground with friends lol.

SuppYo
23rd July 2008, 6:38 PM
I've dug 42 fossils between my two games, a ton of stons (mainly water and leaf), some plates, random items, an odd keystone, and a bunch of things that are slipping my mind right now.

Foo Fighter
23rd July 2008, 6:55 PM
Just hammer lots til you see somethin
And then dig around it with axe

FireTrainer92
23rd July 2008, 7:13 PM
Ya I use the hammer. I will only use the pick axe if I'm trying to get something while not making the hole collapse. I usually get lots of Heart Scales.

Shiny_Gible
23rd July 2008, 7:43 PM
I just recklessly pound with the hammer, unless I see something rare, then i use the pickaxe. Because if u start with the pickaxe, it takes a long time, and I'm impatient :D.

shinygroudon232
25th July 2008, 4:16 PM
Recently, all i've been searching for is heart scales.... And i am having the worst of luck... And apperently, my strategy of "finding items with hammer, and then carefully digging them out with the pickaxe" is working quite well.

goo_lord
25th July 2008, 7:44 PM
i SMASH the wall with hammer!!!

Metamence
25th July 2008, 11:24 PM
i use the hammer cuz im not patient and i need it now! and i get like plates and shards and mainly heart scales

RayRay
26th July 2008, 3:36 PM
i tend to hack away with the hammer, sometimes using the pickaxe if there is something rare which needs picking at (forgive pun) around the edges.

I seem to find LOADS of fire stones, and thunderstones, quite a few rare bones lately and went through a period of just finding hard stones and iron balls! That was annoying... Got a fair few fossils and all the Arceus plates as well, and some duplicates of those. I find a lot of small spheres as well which i tend to bury and then forget about, and find them ages later, all at Lv 99...

burgaz62
27th July 2008, 5:59 AM
i smash with whatever wherever til i get what i want. i have so many fire stones right now. and i have about twenty dome fossils. i'm so close to getting 100 fossils

the_showstopper
27th July 2008, 7:06 AM
I use the hammer to find the big objects, then finish off with the pickaxe.

I do it the other way around. Use the pickaxe to find some stuff, then hammer away!
I don't get much useful stuff really... just loads of rubbish spheres and an occasional shard or two. I've managed to get a fire plate though, so I'm not complaining.

Parasite
27th July 2008, 7:39 AM
I just carefully use the pickaxe, I mostly get Everstones

blueorangecar1
27th July 2008, 4:42 PM
i just use the hammer now since i never get small item's now.
i find shards most of the time

DoubleJG3288
29th July 2008, 8:09 AM
I go SMASH SMASH really quickly, and if I notice something of value, such as a heart scale, then I use the little pick to get it out carefully.

pkmnhippy
29th July 2008, 8:20 AM
I only hammer while avoiding spears (I got all colors size 99), I got heaps of heart scales (about 300), fossils (about 40 of each) and evolution stones (I sold them all)

Hive Mind
29th July 2008, 1:26 PM
I rarely use the Pickaxe. What I do, is I dig until there's the last stage of earth (you know, the one with the crack in the middle), I look in the crack, and if there's something shiny, I go psycho on that thing. I tend to use the Hammer in the center of everything, and try to make cracks and the before it. I only use the Pickaxe if there is only a little left before the wall crumbles, and there's some space to unearth something that a Hammer would get in two hits, but Pickaxe would get less than 4.

I've got a bunch of everything. I have 27 Odd Keystones. I have around 70 of each weather TM now.

But I once thought I'd get a rare Pokemon if I got 50 Rare Bones. Well, now I have 83, and apparently, that's not true.

Ghost_Hunter
29th July 2008, 8:48 PM
I just started using the Sinnoh Underground today(yeah, didn't really think to use it until today). I ended up getting a ton of Leaf Stones, Moon Stones and Root Fossils. I got a few water stones though. And a Draco Plate. I was mainly going for the Pickaxe in small areas and the hammer in larger areas.

Ghost_Hunter
29th July 2008, 8:49 PM
I just started using the Sinnoh Underground today(yeah, didn't really think to use it until today). I ended up getting a ton of Leaf Stones, Moon Stones and Root Fossils. I got a few water stones though. And a Draco Plate. I was mainly going for the Pickaxe in small areas and the hammer in larger areas.

zoozoo44
29th July 2008, 11:15 PM
i dig with the Hammer for the brown areas.. then once i find somthing.. i use the pickaxe

i found like 10 heartscales and never knew what they did untill i remembered that they were for Pastoria!

deltapiplupx
30th July 2008, 1:46 AM
pick ax is the way 2 go then go 4 the hammer

GarchompHata
30th July 2008, 5:48 AM
I once found a choice band. No Joke. No AR either. I also get many, many fossils.

Blurrz
30th July 2008, 8:39 AM
I actually got 10 Blue Shards. Waste of my time....

I also barried about 20 Spheres one time and forgot about it. Came back a month later and they were all Lvl.99. XD

Cuthrout
30th July 2008, 1:00 PM
i have found a splash plate, toxic plate, fist plate, dread plate and a sky plate i also found a odd keystone

graymonkey0
31st July 2008, 2:27 AM
i always use the hammer
i only go down there to get heart scales

Hive Mind
31st July 2008, 4:45 PM
I once found a choice band. No Joke. No AR either.

How the heck did you get a choice band?! What did it look like?

ddacua93
31st July 2008, 7:59 PM
I'm really slow at digging[I didn't know you could go underground without Wi fi] but I just use the pick ax.I haven't found anything good yet thoughD:

Super Shedinja
31st July 2008, 10:18 PM
I dig up a ton of stuff. I have at least 50 spheres in one area, all lv. 99. Also, I have at least 50 Thunder and Fire stones, 20 Water and Sun stones, and 3 Moon stones, 12 or 13 types of Arceus plates (total, maybe 25), 40 heart scales in the bag (I've used a ton), 30 Everstones, and a ton of other stuff.

GarchompHata
31st July 2008, 10:42 PM
How the heck did you get a choice band?! What did it look like?

Kind of red and Circular, the shape of a sphere, except with a hole in the middle.

SharpedoX
31st July 2008, 10:57 PM
I've found lots of stuff underground but, unfortunately, mostly are Spheres which I just bury in the Underground floor. I've also found an Earth and an Icicle Plate, Everstones, Shards of all colours and very rarely, Skull Fossils and Evolution Stones.

Like most have said I start digging with the Hammer and as soon as I spot an item, I use the pickaxe to avoid the colapse of the wall.

Question: Since I'm pretty new to the Underground can you find Dusk/Dawn/Shiny/Oval Stones there? Is there a way to get more?

I once found a choice band. No Joke. No AR either.

It's impossible to find one Underground, I've checked it, so, you're simply lying.

GarchompHata
1st August 2008, 2:15 AM
yes, i fooled you all. HAHAHAHA

GarchompHata
1st August 2008, 2:16 AM
yes, i fooled you all. HAHAHAHA

Hakajin
1st August 2008, 7:31 AM
I use the hammer first to cover larger areas, and then I use the pick when I find something so I can dig up that one thing.

Alkaide
1st August 2008, 8:16 AM
I use the hammer to scope out the items, and then once I find somthing I dig it out with the pickaxe.

Glacius9
2nd August 2008, 7:36 PM
I do evenly spread out strikes with the hammer. Then, after I find a valuable item or all 2-4 items, I go pickaxe on the items, most to least valuable. This technique (which I see many of us use) works for me, but I know there are better ones out there.

Does anybody else find craploads of fossils? I've found like 3 of everything (except no Old Ambers, 1 Root Fossil, and no Skull Fossils (I have Pearl)) and I hardly ever dig.

tigerd
2nd August 2008, 9:07 PM
Yesterday I got Old AMber!! Water STone, Leaf STone and Claw fossil.
I like to use both tools.

tigerd
2nd August 2008, 9:09 PM
Yesterday I got Old AMber!! Water STone, Leaf STone and Claw fossil.
I like to use both tools.

Ms. Mime
3rd August 2008, 9:13 AM
I use the Hammer to get at the big rocks, and when it's just few small rocks, I use the pickaxe. And when I'm lazy I just use the hammer randomly. :/

ZgonDuck
3rd August 2008, 10:39 PM
I use the hammer for the thick wall, then I go with the pick axe. It usually works about 50% of the time, and the fossils are worth it.

JohtoPwns
4th August 2008, 10:21 AM
I use the Hammer almost all the time .. I almost never succed to dig up everything .. Im not very lucky either .. I have recivied 2 Heart Scales, 1 Fossil and some few shards ..

Btw where can I get rid of my spheres ??

arceus03
4th August 2008, 3:23 PM
I use the Hammer almost all the time .. I almost never succed to dig up everything .. Im not very lucky either .. I have recivied 2 Heart Scales, 1 Fossil and some few shards ..

Btw where can I get rid of my spheres ??

You can trade them with the hikers to get stuffs, you can bury them (and never unearth it x] ) or you can just trash them.

Noheart
4th August 2008, 3:42 PM
I found all kinds of fossils except for Kabuto's. ( Their really hard to find in Diamond ) Other then that, I find all kinds of evolutionary stones, everstones, plates, heart scales, etc.

Blue Snover
4th August 2008, 3:48 PM
I must have dug in the underground 100 or more times and i usually alternate between the hammer and pickaxe, but i still can't manage to find what i am looking for, i have been looking everywhere for the Arceus plates and normally i can find them with no problem, but when it comes to finding the last 3 i am at my wits end.

I have every one except the Splash Plate, Iron Plate and Sky Plate, the fossils were no problem and i have started selling evolution stones because i have so many, but the last 3 plates allude me.

Well i guess i will just have to keep trying.

Silent Conversation
4th August 2008, 4:07 PM
I use the hammer until I see a bit of a sphere/item, then I use the picaxe to slowly dig it out.

About what I get, I get a lot of spheres, a few stones and I've gotten quite a few plates.

Luxray_Masta_211
9th August 2008, 11:41 AM
I use the hammer first to cover large areas, then I use the pickaxe if I find anything.

BoneBurry
9th August 2008, 2:04 PM
lol,im diggin as much as i can:P

OMG learn to read the first post, will ya?!

I'm still onley sigging for items,
getting all plates by time ^^

DryBones
10th August 2008, 12:13 AM
I chip away at the corners, I guess i'm pretty systematic about it all.

snowagerfangs
10th August 2008, 1:20 AM
I just go crazy with the pickaxe when i dig.

snowagerfangs
10th August 2008, 1:22 AM
I just go crazy with the pickaxe when i dig.

gardevoir11
10th August 2008, 1:48 AM
I dig randomly with the hammer, then pull stuff I see out with the pickaxe. As far as what I find, I always seem to find at least one Water Stone; I seriously find one every time I dig.

Elite Six Hector
10th August 2008, 2:14 AM
I usually just use the pickaxe. I don't usually look for anything specific, but for those of you who find a lot of Skull Fossils and Heart Scales, I'm with ya...

I might have to try the hammer tactic :rolleyes:

CharizardBlastoise
10th August 2008, 4:20 AM
I Useually Use The Hammer And Keep Hitting It Really Quickly, I Don't Tend To Dig Much Up Though

Mr.Palkia_7389
10th August 2008, 9:49 AM
I always use the hammer, it gets the job done quick. And I always want to find heartscales but I never can

Dark Arceus
10th August 2008, 10:36 AM
I use the hammer slowly, and when I see even the faintest glimmer of treasure I switch to my pickaxe.

ShacarterzOr
10th August 2008, 12:56 PM
I just bang around with my hammer until something shows up, I haven't successfully used my pick-axe in a while.

DanChimchar
11th August 2008, 1:10 AM
I use the Hammer and Since My Best Friend has a Ds and Pearl we go underground together to dig together. I also only have five badges and have plantinum flag underground and I beat all master ranks. P.S I'm no hacker

-Giga-
11th August 2008, 5:12 AM
I hammer the heck out of the wall! Only when I see something I like I will use the Pick-Axe. I found 44 Rare Bones in 1 week!
I also have this Lane of Spheres. It's long! I wish you could bring the spheres up with you to sell. Easy money.

Kikas123
11th August 2008, 5:27 AM
I use the hammer in several spots until I find something, then clean up with the pick, no cave ins for 10 Weeks! ;)

glalieguy
11th August 2008, 5:27 AM
I go wild with the Hammer and when I find a treasure.......I use the pickaxe.( oh man!! I get a lot of skull fossils!)

SpaceFox
11th August 2008, 7:12 AM
I use the pick and hit the weak spots to try to find something, if I to manage to find a part of something. I use the pick and try to get 2 or 3 squares in one hit(its possible, but hard). Then when the tough rocks are left over, I use the hammer and pound away.

Romke
11th August 2008, 9:51 AM
First I always use the radar on the computer to check were I can get treasure.

Keroro
11th August 2008, 11:36 AM
I just smash around with the hammer the whole time. I hope that doesn't say anything bad about my personality ^^;

Blurrz
11th August 2008, 11:37 AM
For the life of me, I can never find a gosh darn Leaf Stone in the Underground. And for some reason, I'm very good at avoiding Heartscales

Ugh.

Ikito
11th August 2008, 11:47 AM
I only use the hammer.

PurpleMew
11th August 2008, 12:09 PM
I tend to use the hammer to ware away te layers and then pick away with the pic axe.

marthick
12th August 2008, 2:02 AM
I just knock out a large chunk at a time with the hammer and pickaxe through the section if a spot something.

kirby8933083
13th August 2008, 6:59 AM
I prefer the hammer b/e its quicker and I think it knocks out more rock more effectively than the pickax.

Jirachibow
13th August 2008, 7:37 AM
I wack away with the hammer, the only time I use a pic is when I find a fossil or evo stone, and only have a few more hits before the wall collapses.

Shinozoku
13th August 2008, 8:15 AM
I've found that using the hammer doesn't put any more stress on the wall than the pickax (or so I don't think, I could very well be wrong though). I usually take the easier spots first, then spread out, sometimes overlapping, sometimes not, but I'm fairly careful. I get lots of Armor Fossils, Hard Stones, Iron Balls, Shards (not so many Yellow ones), various evolution stones (mainly leaf), lots of the rocks that extend moves, but only one Icy Rock so far. From time to time I'll fine a rarer fossil, a plate, and it's somewhat common for me to get heart scales.

Shadow Tepi 8
13th August 2008, 10:37 AM
i use the sledgehammer until i see something i can dig up then i use the pickaxe

mew801
13th August 2008, 11:27 AM
ive found all the fossils (including Old Amber!!! YAY!) and alot of hold items. ive also found plates. and HEAPS of heart scales, i have like 15! and heaps of evolutionary stones like fire stones and thunderdtones and waterstones. i like to pick away at the bits that only need one tap to uncover, but the harder ones, i use the big hammer. XD

Walking Contradiction
13th August 2008, 11:39 AM
I tend to save some time by just hammering away. If it comes down to unearthing an important object, I change to the pickaxe. I have 20+ of most evolutionary stones and shards, around 30 Heart Scales, and about 10 of each fossil, so I rarely go underground anymore.

Sunraichu
13th August 2008, 11:49 AM
I just use the hammer. The pickaxe doesn't hit enough for my liking. I also use the pickaxe if I see something tiny, like a Heart Scale.

BENDERWOOO
13th August 2008, 3:39 PM
;444;;444;I don't like digging all that much when I'm by my self, but when I'm with my friends its a blast, and it helps for the mining part.;444;;444;

zarb
13th August 2008, 5:17 PM
hammer and i usualy get like the somewhat useless damp stones and fossils

TheSequelReturns
13th August 2008, 9:41 PM
I mainly use the hammer at first. I find way too many shield fossils and everstones.

SuperWeb606
16th August 2008, 3:58 AM
ha I get all the stones.
I just hammer hammer hammer the pickaxe at something.

DIZZI
16th August 2008, 4:33 AM
im a hammer person, i hammer until i find something, sometimes i get it all, sometimes i get nothing, found a few shards, heart scales, evo stones, and fossils, the usual pickings

HOMG
16th August 2008, 10:10 AM
I gave up on the underground when I couldnt find a ??? Plate lol
I've gotten pretty much everything else
and yes the ??? plate is in the games coding. Goes with the move "curse" the only ??? type move in the game

plopagon123
16th August 2008, 10:40 AM
Most of the time, I use the hammer. That is, when I feel like playing around underground. But really, I would use the pickaxe first to locate the location of a random treasure. If it's big, I start using the hammer. If it's small, however, I just use the pickaxe to dig it out all the way.

~Plopagon

BloodthirstPriest
16th August 2008, 1:42 PM
I just use the pickaxe, until my last hit, I cheat by using the hammer.

Dawn of Gallade
16th August 2008, 2:15 PM
U use the hammer to unveil a lot of rock then then pix axe to get the fine details done. The only thing I don't like are fossils cause they are really big and hard to get out if you found hey toward the end.

DevilPunk
17th August 2008, 1:53 PM
I dug up 70 fossils ( most of them are claw fossils, 49?!?! )

Rose Spirit
22nd August 2008, 7:34 AM
I've found that using the hammer doesn't put any more stress on the wall than the pickax (or so I don't think, I could very well be wrong though). I usually take the easier spots first, then spread out, sometimes overlapping, sometimes not, but I'm fairly careful.

I think the hammer puts about 1.75-2x more stress on the wall than the hammer, but I still use this approach too. I'll start with thin spots, then overlap to thicker spots to make them into thin spots as well, just wailing away with my hammer. Then if I find something I use the pickaxe for detail. I generally find nearly everything, for rare items mostly Fire/Thunderstones, Everstones, and Red Shards. I don't think I've ever found an Oval Stone, though. It's something nice to pass the time. :3

Excitable Boy
22nd August 2008, 8:26 AM
1. Search using Radah.
2. Use Hammah on thin slabs.
3. Use Pick on thick rocks.
4. Pick away at everything else.

I only have about 45 Heart Scales because the Move Tutor's house is wallpapered with my others, I have found 100+ Fossils, and I am sick of Spheres.

Lin Kong Shu
22nd August 2008, 10:45 AM
Sometimes. I usually just go down there, to retrieve my lvl 99 Gems.
But when i smash, i use a hammer!
And just hit randomly.
Heart Scale, is what I get, most of the time.

chamo-chan
22nd August 2008, 6:27 PM
I smash with the hammer.

Just because I got used to it.

rekreatur
23rd August 2008, 12:15 AM
First I randomly hit the wall with a Hammer and if I find something that isn't a Sphere I use the Pickaxe to get the item.

I get Water Stones all the time >_>
I also found a bunch of Fossils and other stuff, even 3 Odd Keystones :/

Finnmonster
23rd August 2008, 12:45 AM
I use both, depending on my mood. What I mean is that I really go smashing frenzy when I feel irritated. I usually end up obtaining the stuff I don't need and miss those I'd love to get. I have plenty of everything, though, plates excluded. I play squirrel a lot... it seems like radar finds treasure spots near buried spheres, so I bury every single sphere I find next to my latest digsite. Then I forget them, and find them again days later. So I have pack full of lv.99 spheres in all colours. I also like to run into traps on purpose. Yeah, I have no idea how to behave down there.

6rdfar90
23rd August 2008, 11:06 AM
I have like everything...

Heart Scales, Most of the Fossils in triplicate - apart from the Dome Fossil, Shards, Hard Stones, Elemental Stones, in fact - looking at the items you can get underground...

I've got everything except the Armour Fossil, and the Dome Fossil.

Oh, and I don't know what I do... I just smash around, and then look for the lil cracks and everything...

Dusk, the Twilit Wanderer
23rd August 2008, 11:15 AM
I WILL SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER!

My strategy.

I have a lot of things, but I can't find Omanyte's fossil...

big bad deoxys
23rd August 2008, 1:29 PM
i use the hammer and i get shards nearly all the time.

pokemaniac10
23rd August 2008, 6:11 PM
I use my hammer when I first start. then, when I find something, I might use my Pick Axe. But I may use my Hammer instead depending on my mood.

kittylitter
23rd August 2008, 6:46 PM
i switch between the two as i need them.

Blade-zulah
23rd August 2008, 10:25 PM
I try to tap on the dark spaces in a pattern such that I reveal as much of the board as possible without ever having to tap on a light space (since that can make you hit one of those grey squares). When the top of the screen is about 50% cracked I look to see if there are any suspicious areas on the board (areas I haven't gotten near, ones where I can see a bit of color through the cracks, spaces where something has started to be revealed, etc) and tap at them with the pick. I usually pick up everything this way (although I'll usually deliberately miss the orbs).

Xenieon
23rd August 2008, 10:53 PM
I begin by using the pickaxe to dig carefully in random spots, to see if there's anything good. As soon as I find something, I use the hammer to dig it out quickly, and continue my search.
But, my last move is always a hammer, since the last part is enough for a pickaxe to break the wall, and if I use a hammer, I can sort of go past the limit to a certain extent since the hammer damages the wall more. So, I damage more parts of the wall, but the wall breaks at the same time.

Charr
24th August 2008, 1:08 PM
I usually use the pickaxe at random areas,and sometimes I just hit everywhere with a hammer!

I find a lot of fossils,shards,some Heart Scales,elemental stones [like Fire Stone],revives,and a couple of more items that I forgot.

Rulix
27th August 2008, 8:18 PM
I usually use a hammer for a few hits and then the pickaxe for the rest...
Works pretty well.
I've gotten many fossils, shards, stones, heart scales, and other items...

Redblood012
29th August 2008, 6:39 AM
i do get a bit lucky, finding almost everything from were i dig

Arceus1308
29th August 2008, 8:14 AM
Hammer..Hammer..destroy everywhere,no matter what happen.a lot of rare items and a whole bunch of fossils(20?)

Aquarelle
29th August 2008, 11:55 AM
I always use the hammer to unearth things faster than the little pickaxe. I like being able to find all the treasures as soon as possible. ^_^

I find a lot of shards underground. The red and blue ones are especially useful for me, since I often need them in order to get TMs for Sunny Day and Rain Dance. Other shards aren't as useful (or common for me) but I do like collecting them.

Stones/rocks are very common, too. I have a whole bunch of elemental stones, including 40+ Water and Leaf Stones. Then, I have more than twenty Everstones, (useful for breeding) and over thirty Hard Stones. Also, I have many of the rocks that prolong weather effects. (Damp Rock, Icy Rock, etc.) Some of them are useful as I have many Pokemon that rely on Sunny Day or Rain Dance.

I've found a fair amount of fossils and Heart Scales, too. I collect fossils mainly just for show, I've only used one of each in order to obtain the fossil Pokemon. At one point I had a whole bunch of Heart Scales, but I used a lot of them to teach moves to my Pokemon.

Occaisionally I find other items. I've found about six Odd Keystones, a few Iron Balls, and some of the plates, among other things. Sometimes I find Rare Bones, but I often sell them, since I'm usually desperate for money.

Lastly, I don't like digging up the spheres I find. (If I do, it's by accident.) I just don't find them all that useful. What I've done is bury a couple of each colour/type, and let them grow to maximum size. Then, I dug them up, and just let them sit in my bag just in case I ever do need them. (I've only used them a few times, to get some items, and a new Digger Drill.)

Dapuff
29th August 2008, 4:34 PM
I beat the clams out of the side of the poor cave with my trusty hammah! by doing this i can get to many treasure spots fast getting tons of treasure

Campbell
1st September 2008, 9:05 PM
I've gotten everything at least twice (except plates) I've dug up 73 fossils, 1639 spheres, & it I remember correctly it takes 25 hammer hits, or 49 pickaxe hits to break the wall, my technique is to reduce as much as possible to a half-layer with the pickaxe, digging into off-color cracks, and using the hammer when I can reveal something with 1 hammer hit that would take 2 or more pickaxe hits.

jiang
2nd September 2008, 2:55 AM
i only use the pick axe, seldom use the hammer. And i got all the items that are obtainable in the underground except for exclusive fossils. I have had almost all plates from there, many fossils and shards, revives, oddkeystones, stones and others...

Crasher
3rd September 2008, 9:32 PM
Eh, I usually use the pickaxe to find things then the hammer to get them out. I still need a heart scale for an Ice Punch Sneasel, but I can't find one >_<.

the wizard of up
3rd September 2008, 9:49 PM
i use the hammer to randomly smash then if i see a item i use the pickaxe
the latest items i have dug up 3 old ambers and a odd keystone and i have about 25 skull fosills

Chimecho3000
6th September 2008, 10:35 AM
Finally dug out that Draco Plate.

Also finally dug up my first Dome Fossil!!!! My 117th fossil. :)

EpicLunatic
6th September 2008, 12:37 PM
i use both... i smash the surfaces with the hammer, and when tiny corners of items are still coverd, i use the axe so that i dont crack the wall oo much... i have a lot of stones, and elemental rocks, along with the occasional fossil or valuable item

Aptenodytes
6th September 2008, 6:56 PM
I also use the hammer and just randomly click everywhere until something gets revealed. It's worked out pretty well so far, but it's pretty annoying when all you get is rocks underneath.

I have gotten every item there is to get underground, give and take a couple plates and the Odd Keystone (that item to get Spiritomb). I mostly start digging when I'm in a need of an evolutionary stone/heartscale, or if I'm really bored. I always throw away the shards though.

Pokemon Ranger Gregory
6th September 2008, 8:32 PM
Same here.Except the shards part

kirby8933083
6th September 2008, 8:37 PM
The one thing I'm doing now under ground is finding over 100 fossils so I can get something special from mister E-Goods. >_< Its super hard, I've only found maybe 20.

big poppa
7th September 2008, 1:42 AM
I like using the pickaxe to reveal things by digging in somewhere near the corners and middle and then use the hammer or pickaxe (depending on the size of the item) to get it out fully. It works pretty well IMO

Pikachu78
7th September 2008, 5:15 PM
I constently use the pickaxe and use the hammer only if there is a tiny bit left.

Slowking[George]
9th September 2008, 7:01 PM
What I have NEVER found is a Dome Fossil. D: I've found all the rest items available for digging at least once, but I've never a found Dome Fossil. ;O;

NINJA PENGUIN
11th September 2008, 10:06 PM
i dont dig now.... i dug up loads off plates and traded them for spheres, i brought all the starter dolls (and pika and snorlax lol) now i dont touch it

BlueEew
12th September 2008, 1:39 AM
I have found near enough everything. I have 12 of the plates. Four more to go. However I find it very, very hard to come across Moon Stones. Every other stone is easy to obtian.

Slowking[George]
12th September 2008, 5:51 PM
Hammer ftw! Although I use the pickaxe if it's too dangerous using the hammer.

Cutty
13th September 2008, 12:38 PM
Pickaxe. I like to destroy something neatly.

tinypearl32
14th September 2008, 12:25 AM
I usually take the hammer and smash a : : : so that I can see the deepest part of the wall in 6 places. If there's good stuff, I use the pick and carefully dig it out, especially if it's a Plate or an Evo stone. So far I've found one each of the Draco, Flame, Mind, Stone, and Zap Plates, and a few Thunderstones and Sun Stones. Tons of Heart Scales and Shards, though. I've gotten a couple of Everstones and Hard Stones, an Icy Rock, and five Skull Fossils. My favorite is finding Revives.

MayRules
14th September 2008, 1:21 AM
I mainly use the Pickaxe unless the situation calls for the Hammer. I've dug up 30-odd Spheres, a couple of evolution stones and a few Heart Scales so far.

Protoman EXE
16th September 2008, 12:07 AM
I nearly always use the hammer unless i need to use the pick for an item that i want.

*Jean Grey*
16th September 2008, 1:07 PM
I use the hammer a lot, especially when there are a lot of big rocks, then I use the pickaxe when I find something.

koipen
16th September 2008, 4:40 PM
I usually dig with Hammer. Always, to be precise. Most common are Leaf Stones (Anyone interested 37 Leaf Stones?), Water Stones (27 annyone?) and Heart Scales + Shards. I have all items from underground bar Oval Stone, Claw Fossil and Skull fossil (Pearl).

I usually Pound rapid on the wall. If it's small sphere, careful so that I won't take it, Fossil, bash around. Plates are simple.

BlueEew
17th September 2008, 3:33 AM
I have found near enough everything. I have 12 of the plates. Four more to go. However I find it very, very hard to come across Moon Stones. Every other stone is easy to obtian.

Well I give up underground and I just used trick on Cleffa and I got the two Moon Stones with in a half an hour. Who needs the Underground hey?

empoleon1720
17th September 2008, 4:48 AM
For the underground, I usually use the hammer in random places, then I use the picaxe.
I have found 3 plates in a row by that method. I have the Platinum flag, with an awesome secret base. :D

Tri hawk
17th September 2008, 8:04 PM
I'm more likely to use the pick, and pick in a systematic fashion to see if I can find anything poking out. If all else fails, it's hammer time. (Curses!)

TrainerxDiana
17th September 2008, 9:33 PM
I typically use the hammer until I see the corner of something...Then I use the pick to get things the rest of the way out.

Krake
17th September 2008, 11:15 PM
I use the hammer recklessly until something pops up. Then I gently pick it away.

Quanyails
19th September 2008, 12:41 AM
I consider myself to be an expert digger; I find just about everything in an area, except for the 2x2 spheres in the most inconspituous areas. My secret? I look for the colors of a square one tap before revealing it. If there is a color other than gray or dark gray, I know there is an item behind it. A red sphere would have a pixel or two of red one tap before seeing the revealed square.

If areas have 3x3 boxes of the same density of rubble, I use the sledgehammer. If it's less, I prefer using the pickaxe. I'm a bit conservative when it comes digging, but I gather many spheres and treasures that way. I've gotten multiples of many fossils, all of the plates, many 99 spheres, Stones, Heart Scales, Revives (& Max ones), and hold items with ease.

The number of spheres I have contribute to the amount of goods I have in my secret base; it took me quite some time to list all of the items when checking for duplicates.

So there you have it! My secret to success! :)

Quanyails
19th September 2008, 12:48 AM
I consider myself to be an expert digger; I find just about everything in an area, except for the 2x2 spheres in the most inconspituous areas. My secret? I look for the colors of a square one tap before revealing it. If there is a color other than gray or dark gray, I know there is an item behind it. A red sphere would have a pixel or two of red one tap before seeing the revealed square.

If areas have 3x3 boxes of the same density of rubble, I use the sledgehammer. If it's less, I prefer using the pickaxe. I'm a bit conservative when it comes digging, but I gather many spheres and treasures that way. I've gotten multiples of many fossils, all of the plates, many 99 spheres, Stones, Heart Scales, Revives (& Max ones), and hold items with ease.

The number of spheres I have contribute to the amount of goods I have in my secret base; it took me quite some time to list all of the items when checking for duplicates.

So there you have it! My secret to success! :)

A-Burrito
19th September 2008, 10:46 AM
i like digging & im quite good at it ... well sort of, when i want heart scales, i cant find them, & when i don't, they're everywhere

Tyla
19th September 2008, 1:35 PM
I just use the hammer and stab my DS' touch screen as much as possible in as little time as I could. I find it funny. :D

Kwill
20th September 2008, 8:14 AM
i hammer a at random spots and i see any thing i like i use the pick.

shadow0094
21st September 2008, 7:11 AM
I stab at my screen and hope that i dont break it!

Fail
21st September 2008, 12:05 PM
I whack it.

How games were ment to be played.

Night Shadow
21st September 2008, 4:17 PM
I use the hammer twice then pick axe. i get a lot of fossils

myself
22nd September 2008, 2:44 AM
im pretty good i go hunting for heart scales and shard for platinum

but i mainly use the sledge hammer

PocketmonMaster
22nd September 2008, 5:24 AM
I usually start off by randomly breaking the wall with the hammer - It's quick and easy. When I find something, sometimes I will continue with the hammer (just because), but I will usually switch to the chisel to retrieve the item.

Despite the fact that I have raised dozens of fossils, hundreds of stones/bones, 'who knows how many' gems and shards, I have only ever found one plate underground (bug). Nowadays I don't go underground that much, but its still fun to toy around down there.