PDA

View Full Version : The X-Men Club

mangaeyes
16th June 2008, 8:46 AM
Years ago, Professor Charles Xavier opened a school. On the outside the school was for gifted youngsters but on the inside he trained mutants and helped them control there powers. A mutant is somebody born with a gene known as the X-Gene and around about puberty time, there X-Gene is activated causing extraordinary powers. At Xaviers' Institute, they are trained to use there powers for good. Even though they are feared and hated by humans, they will fight to protect them from evil such as Magnetos Brotherhood. Magneto believes that mutants are the next step forward in evolution and that humans must bow down to them...by any means nessesary...However what he doesn't know is that Charles Xaviers pupils aren't only trained to use there powers for good, but that they are a superhero team known as the X-Men.

This club is for anyone who likes the X-Men. Whether its films comics or video-games. Discuss, ask questions and have fun!

Rules:
All serebiiforums rules of corse
No flaming others
No bad language
Try to use good english and not text talk.

Breaking a rule will result in a warning and if you break another rule you will be banned for a day and then forever.

Members:
Mangaeyes (owner)
Gardevoir Girl
Starfan42
Instant..123
Blue Snover

These are the only banners we have and they're incredibly rubbish. If you can make banners then please do :) You don't have to have a banner in your signature but if you do then please give credit and link it to the club.
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee28/Onyxlyfe/x-menwriting.jpg Credit to Mangaeyes
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee28/Onyxlyfe/x-men-2.jpg Credit to Mangaeyes
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee28/Onyxlyfe/X-Men1.jpg Credit to Mangaeyes
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee28/Onyxlyfe/brotherhood.jpg Credit to Mangaeyes

mangaeyes
20th June 2008, 8:34 AM
Gardevoir Girl welcome! I really want a fourth as well...have you ever read any comics? The english version called 'Essential X-Men' has just started a really cool story with Apocylypse so I suggest you read that :)

If an X-Man was a pokemon, what would its moveset be?
I think this:
Phoenix: Psychic, sacred-fire, fly, outrage
Wolverine: Rage, metal claw, slash, close combat
Storm: Thunder, raindance, blizzard, sunnyday
Rogue: Fly, strength, giga drain, leech life
Cyclops: Hyper beam, focus blast, foresight, solarbeam
Bishop: Absorb, hyperbeam, bide, bullet punch
Mystique: Transform, close combat, thief, pound

Starfan42
20th June 2008, 8:59 AM
I fell in love with the x men games, the second one left an opening for a third it seemed like, and they better make it. The movies were good but I hated how they "killed off" my two favorite x men characters, pheonix (although she can come back) and scott (although hes stil around in the comics...).
Any way instead of avalance and sunnny day storm should have blizzard and hail. and what about...
NIGHTCRAWLER
-teleport(duh)
-shadow sneak
-night slash(cuz its got part of his name)
-shadow punch
shadow stuff cuz he kinda comes out of nowhere in that cloud of smoke.
Cyclops
-hyper beam
-focus blast
-foresight
-focus energy
Quicksilver
-extremespeed
-sonic boom(from going fast)
-mach punch
-pursuit

Sorry I had way to much fun with that idea. I could keep going on and on.
P.S. the ninties x-men cartoon was THE best.

mangaeyes
22nd June 2008, 12:07 PM
GG who cares if you don't read comics? Thats the great thing about X-Men it so big you don't even need to have read a comic because there are games and films! Its a shame that your thinking of leaving...I hope you stay you don't ahve to check the club everyday you just need to post every now and again. Also welcome Starfan42!

Anyone else wanna join? It doesn't matter whether you've only seen 10 minutes of a film or whether you collect every X-Men comic in the world, this club is the place for you!!

New topic: Who is your favourite X-Man and why?
I like Emma Frost and Cyclops. Also Sage and Bishop. I know I should only pick one but its too hard!!

Starfan42
22nd June 2008, 11:49 PM
Who is your favorite x-man and why?

My two favorites are cyclops and jean/pheonix, because cyclops is a good leader and fighter, and the phoenix is nearly omnipotent. They werew also my favorite characters to play in x-men legends.

P.S.-Deadpool deserves an honerable mention for being the funniest, and another awesome character in X-men Legends.

Instant..123
23rd June 2008, 8:45 AM
GAHH!!! I'll definitely join.

And MangaEyes, the banner in your sig is awesome.

Who is your favorite x-man and why?

Jean Grey because ever since I saw her in the 1st movie I've ALWAYS wanted to be telekinetic and telepathic. And she is also awesome. (:

But then there's, Shadowcat, Toad, and Gambit.

EDIT:

They only killed off Cyclops in the movie coz James Marsden was too busy with Superman. He only had time to film one scene or something so they decided to kill him off. :@ Stupid Superman movie.

mangaeyes
23rd June 2008, 1:40 PM
Instant..123 welcome aboard.
If anyone else wants to make banners or userbars then go ahead!

Starfan42
23rd June 2008, 3:26 PM
I didn't know that...that superman movie wasn't even all that great (it was ok but meh), I would have much rather seen him in the x-men movie. BTW toad freaks me out...a lot.

mangaeyes
23rd June 2008, 4:19 PM
Also the director of X1 and 2 abandoned X3 so that he could do Superman. Its a shame because I think this really affected X3.
Also Starfan please no one-liners because mods really hate it.

Starfan42
24th June 2008, 6:23 PM
Sorry I'll try to keep it longer. I totally forgot about the change of directors thing too. That always affects the way a story is told, and lets face it, people are still talking about the x-men movies but I don't see anyone talking about that superman movie.

I did like that they gave some other characters like colossus more sscreen time. Also did you hear that nght crawler wasn't in the third one because his part was so small that the actor decided it wasn't worth the trouble of putting on the make-up for it? In fact he whole point of the x-men game for the GB Advance was to explain why nightcrawler wouldn't be in the movie.

mangaeyes
24th June 2008, 7:31 PM
Yeah I know...Colossus had about one line in X3 which was a shame...at least he got to do a fastball special with Wolverine lol.
Also a shame that Mystique is depowered...I have an idea that Apocylypse could resurect Phoenix alongside MrSinister to be his henchpeople and have Mystique, Magneto, ProfessorX and Cyclops as his horsemen.

Starfan42
25th June 2008, 3:05 PM
FASTBALL! I couldn't remember the name of that move to save my life(but I remembered you could do it in x-men legends). On the whole depowered thing, at the end of the movie it looks like magneto got his powers back ( I forget what happened but I remember it looked like he was controlling metal) so I'm assuming the antidote wears off. And Apocalypse doesn't have to revive phoenix does he? I thought the pheonix could resurrect itself ( I know the one in mythology can but I thought in the comics jean brought herself back).

mangaeyes
26th June 2008, 8:34 AM
Jean Grey is dead and the phoenix force lives on. But in the movies the Phoenix force isn't an entity its another side of Jean so I think she is dead.
Also how do we not know the cure is permanant, maybe Magneto is just too strong.

Starfan42
27th June 2008, 5:30 AM
Yea but if they screw that up for me I'm totally done with the movies, I was so dissapointed with the third one that I didn't even buy it.I was hoping in the fourth one that jean could ressurect herself and the resurrect scott, but theres not really any proof hes dead(all though that is pretty much what they alluded to).And maybe you're right about the magneto being to strong thing, because he is a "class five" mutant. But rouge can't lose her powers either and neither can mystique, that would tripley ruin it for me.(I hate that the movies deviate so far from the comics).

Good news: I heard marvel actually got their own filming studio so they can do the marvel movies however they please (prays for comic accuracy).

mangaeyes
27th June 2008, 7:42 PM
Class four. According to the girl whose name I can't remember, Jean/Phoenix was the only class five anywhere close enough to sense. But I also believe that Magneto hasn't completely lost his power. Remember at the end of the third movie, when he moved the chess piece just slightly? If he could get four shots of the cure and still be able to do that, I think the cure can wear off.

~GG~

Callisto is the one that can sense mutants.

Instant..123
28th June 2008, 7:44 AM
If they even do make a X-Men 4 movie, which I doubt, most of the original cast weren't signed on so I wonder how that will affect it... I read it somewhere on wikipedia, btw.

Colossus had about one line in X3 which was a shame

Lol, he didn't even have an accent.

Starfan42
30th June 2008, 12:09 AM
Shows how much attention I paid to that movie (sorry still X-tremely dissapointed with it). Personally I liked the cast, but I would like to just see the movies redone anyway with a slightly closer-to-the-comics plot, kind of like they did with that hulk movie,but its probably way to soon for that.

Instant..123
30th June 2008, 2:31 PM
Yeh, what's up with the new Hulk movie? I originally thought it was sequel because it was too early to remake Hulk again.

I liked the cast as well. The X-Men movies made James Marsden and Famke Jansen some of my favs.

Starfan42
1st July 2008, 8:36 PM
I believe the hulk movie was redone to make people actualy LIKE the hulk because (even though I never saw it) I heard that the first one was awful. I also read somewhere that the final line of the movie was something like "Because what if I told you we're getting a team together" or something like that which I think is the avengers,and so they needed a cool hulk.Which i hope leads to redoes of most of the marvel movies (except daredevil, that was pretty good) because I dislike toby mcguire(sp?) and want to see someone else be spiderman.

P.S.-I think we need a new topic, I'd start one but I can't think of a good one

mangaeyes
2nd July 2008, 10:38 PM
sorry for my absence, serebii kept freezing up for me and my internet has been a bit dodgy so sorry if I don't come on much.

Thanks for keeping the club going guys...anyone got a good idea for a new topic?

mangaeyes
10th July 2008, 8:36 AM
NEW TOPIC: Which comic book storyline(s) would you like to be the theme for a fourth movie?
Definately Apocylypse/Mr. Sinister for me. Dark Phoenix and Mr Sinister as Apocylypses henchmen (dark phoenix eventually becomes good again) and Prof., scott, mystique and magneto as Apocylypses horsemen (resurecting them all and giving them there powers back).

Instant..123
14th July 2008, 8:12 AM
Which comic book storyline(s) would you like to be the theme for a fourth movie?

Yeah, I didn't really read the comics but I know some of the storylines from X-Men Legends and wikipedia. But Apocalypse and Horsemen would be cool. I always enjoyed fighting him in Rise of Apocalypse.

Instant..123
14th July 2008, 8:13 AM
Which comic book storyline(s) would you like to be the theme for a fourth movie?

Yeah, I didn't really read the comics but I know some of the storylines from X-Men Legends and wikipedia. But Apocalypse and Horsemen would be cool. I always enjoyed fighting him in Rise of Apocalypse.

mangaeyes
25th July 2008, 7:54 PM
Yeah I thought the best Apocylypse story was in the X-men: Evolution cartoon. Sadly we didin't see Mr.Sinister though... :(

Blue Snover
11th August 2008, 6:00 PM
Hi i was wondering if i could join, i love the X-Men, i have seen all the films, and played the majority of the games, but i have not read any of the comics unfotunately.

I would like to the House Of M storyline, it would give them the opportunity to introduce my favourite character The Scarlet Witch (What a babe).

I think it's more likely that they are going to go with the Apocalypse story line though, because they are going to need a new big bad now that Jean Grey/Phoenix is dead.

Does any one know what happened to Cyclops?

I know that Xavier managed to move his mind into a new body, but that doesn't explain what happened to Cyclops, unless Jean wiped his memory and sent him away somewhere so she wouldn't have to hurt him.

mangaeyes
11th August 2008, 8:30 PM
Welcome Blue Snover.

I doubt they will do house of M as a movie but maybe one day. Also another X-Men is not likely either seeing as they wanna concentrate on the Avengers.

Also Cyclops died he was obliterated by Dark Phoenix.

Blue Snover
12th August 2008, 9:50 AM
Thats a shame, i would really have liked to see a new X-Men movie, but at least some od the X-Men are getting their own movies, i can't wait for Wolverine and Magneto.

I might get to see Scarlet Witch after all, because she was a member of the Avengers wasn't she?

I have also heard that Deadpool will be appearing in the Wolverine movie is that right?

By the way mangaeyes i am loving the club.

mangaeyes
12th August 2008, 3:28 PM
Scarlet Witch may well appear but if she does then so will Quicksilver.

Deadpool will be in Wolverines movie as well as Rogue and Sabretooth (i think Gambit maybe..?)

Blue Snover
15th August 2008, 5:45 PM
I love Deadpool, he is my 2nd favourite Marvel character after Scarlet Witch, i am not a big fan of Quicksilver though, but i suppose if they are doing an avengers film they will have to feature every character won't they.

Have they confirmed who will be playing Rogue & Sabretooth, i hope they stick with the original actors, because if it's not broken why fix it?

mangaeyes
16th August 2008, 11:30 AM
Its a new actor for Sabretooth and as far as I know its still Anna Paquin for Rogue.

Just to let you know I will be inactive for about a week becsue I'm going on holiday so see you soon!

Blue Snover
18th August 2008, 10:25 AM
Have a nice holiday mangaeyes, see you when you get back.

Does anyone know who the new actor for Sabretooth is going to be?

I'm glad they decided to keep Anna Paquin for Rogue, she plays the part really well, but i always thought that the original Sabretooth was the best, because he has the look of Sabretooth.