PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the Sky One

Pages : [1] 2

Lupin
26th September 2004, 4:44 PM
This may have already been metioned, but how come the UK isn't showning the new episodes. It keeps going back to Larvitars Mother episodes in Jhoto.

pitcher_ross
26th September 2004, 4:47 PM
The episodes will begin for a week on October the 23rd at 7:30am every morning. They will then resume their normal slot of being shown on Sunday at 7:30am and then being repeated the next Saturday.

The 23rd is a half term for people in school.

Us UK fans just have to be patient.

Factory Head Noland
26th September 2004, 4:48 PM
They new episodes are starting in the October half-term, one new episode per day. I think it's stupid that we have to wait until then! I can't wait!!

Sharpshooter
26th September 2004, 9:52 PM
I'd much prefer the American system, whereby they air a brand new episode each week. The Sky One schedule system's crap, what's the point in airing 9 episodes in a row and then show pratically nothing for another 3 months. Don't they understand that people will lose interest in the anime if it isn't shown consistantly? If I remember correctly, that's exactly how I lost interest in Pokemon the last time, when they aired a load of Orange Island episodes up until Charizard Chills, then decided not to show another new one for ages. Snore........

Factory Head Noland
27th September 2004, 5:02 PM
No they are showing a weeks worth of episodes at half-term and then continuing with them on Sundays.

Woohoo Rising Trainer!

MTC
27th September 2004, 5:06 PM
Anyone know when they're showing the 9 half-term episodes again, I'm in America that week and the week before

Factory Head Noland
27th September 2004, 5:23 PM
Last year when Advanced started, Sky One/Mix played all the new episodes on the Saturday (after the friday of the 2 new eps).

pitcher_ross
27th September 2004, 5:28 PM
If I remember correctly, that's exactly how I lost interest in Pokemon the last time, when they aired a load of Orange Island episodes up until Charizard Chills

Yeah, I agree. I was fed up of waiting for that next episode to begin, and it never did for ages.

Anyone know when they're showing the 9 half-term episodes again, I'm in America that week and the week before

I should imagine they will show the series first, and then repeat it, and repeat it again, and probably repeat it again!, so I guess you'll just have to wait and keep up to date with an episode guide.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
27th September 2004, 5:37 PM
hm.............it will take AGES to catch up! even in the hols when they did that it took half the hols to get to hoenn and that was 1 ep a day!

Factory Head Noland
27th September 2004, 5:39 PM
It was 2 eps a day.

27th September 2004, 5:49 PM
who's counting? that makes it even more longer!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate sky! let's create a mob and go to sky place and complain!

Factory Head Noland
27th September 2004, 6:08 PM
You could always e-mail them and complain, I do it all the time. I have the e-mail address if you want it.

Lupin
27th September 2004, 7:08 PM
who's counting? that makes it even more longer!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate sky! let's create a mob and go to sky place and complain!

What good will that do? They wouldn't listen to a bunch of kids and they will just tell us older ones that we are too old to watch Pokemon.

Factory Head Noland
27th September 2004, 9:09 PM
I don't think that they would do that, anyone can watch it whatever age.

Zack
29th September 2004, 1:38 AM
It's about time America got back ahead. Remeber when UK had episodes all the way up too Wat's with Watson and we were stuck on The Spheal of Approval.

Lupin
29th September 2004, 10:58 AM
It's about time America got back ahead. Remeber when UK had episodes all the way up too Wat's with Watson and we were stuck on The Spheal of Approval.

Huh???, we were ahead of America in terms of Pokemon episodes.

Factory Head Noland
29th September 2004, 9:56 PM
He's talking about the US.

Why should the US be ahead of the UK? We got Advanced before you guys.

MTC
30th September 2004, 6:21 AM
Has anyone bothered to realise that after the week of 1 episode per day, we'll be about equal with America

Brooklyn
30th September 2004, 10:16 AM
May as well face the fact. Sky One suck. They take too long with showing any shows. Its the same with Yugioh. They show all the new ones and then repeat them again. THen repeat those again and then show the new ones. A year after the US.
Its rediculous.

Dom Jordan
30th September 2004, 10:35 AM
Its not that long to wait. Its not as if they're gonna just show the 9 eps then stop- they're continuing weekly on Sundays from then. Works well IMO.

Factory Head Noland
30th September 2004, 9:07 PM
Well it's better to be equal than behind, I still think that the UK should be ahead though...

Sharpshooter
2nd October 2004, 10:22 PM
Uh why do you think that? Since it's dubbed in America, one would imagine that America should see it first before any other country. Anyway as someone was saying up there, we'll be equal by the time the nine episodes are played out here. The only problem I have is that all the discussion threads about the new episodes are pratically dead by the time we see them.

Ash Ketchum
2nd October 2004, 10:38 PM
I live in America, but I think Sky One will start showing them eventually. They have to. I don't think it's fair that the US and UK are always competing. Both KidsWb and Sky One should try and show they're episodes at the same time, so there would be no fuss.

Factory Head Noland
3rd October 2004, 12:45 AM
That would be a good way, US show them on Saturday's and the UK shows them on Sunday's - No arguing - perfect idea.

Lupin
4th October 2004, 4:17 PM
Uh why do you think that? Since it's dubbed in America, one would imagine that America should see it first before any other country. Anyway as someone was saying up there, we'll be equal by the time the nine episodes are played out here. The only problem I have is that all the discussion threads about the new episodes are pratically dead by the time we see them.

You could use the same arguement with Harry Potter though. It was created and printed here first, so we should get it a few days before you (we get it afew hours ahead due to the time difference).

Sharpshooter
4th October 2004, 5:14 PM
Just incase anyone's interested they've gone past "The Breeding Center Secret" for the first time on Toonami (i.e. today was Princess vs Princess), they're calling them "brand new" episodes would you believe! Should mean that we would be seeing the conclusion of the Kanto season at least. Just thought I'd say that since it is really our only alternative to Sky One.

MTC
4th October 2004, 5:29 PM
Just incase anyone's interested they've gone past "The Breeding Center Secret" for the first time on Toonami (i.e. today was Princess vs Princess), they're calling them "brand new" episodes would you believe! Should mean that we would be seeing the conclusion of the Kanto season at least. Just thought I'd say that since it is really our only alternative to Sky One.

ITV is also an alternative to Sky One, but they edit out so much that it hardly matters

I don't like it when they say they're brand new when they've been seen in this country before, I can tolerate ITV saying they're brand new, as they're new to terrestrial TV, but Toonami really shouldn't say they're brand new episodes.

Will Toonami keep going further or don't they have the rights to show too many episodes

Katsuya
4th October 2004, 5:44 PM
I think Toonami bought out Kanto & Orange Islands.

And what time is Pokemon on Toonami now? It got changed for "Megas XLR" and some Transformers crap if I remember.

ZTcrazy
4th October 2004, 6:08 PM
Sky one are very bad at keeping up on new episodes. When I thought I was going to watch 'What you Seed is What you Get!' on Sky, it turned out to be 'Address Unown'. Sky one should of aired it that day. Ah well, we'll have to wait more...

Sharpshooter
4th October 2004, 6:15 PM
The so called "new ones" are played at 4:30pm, it's also on at 6:30am, but it was "The Breeding Center Secret" that was aired at that time today (i.e. not Princess vs Princess like at 4:30pm today). That'd suggest that they're repeats of the day before lol.

I'm sure I've asked this before but when is it on ITV exactly? Last time I asked I got no reply.

pitcher_ross
4th October 2004, 6:22 PM

I didn't matter that they were dubbed in America for the last series, we were still ahead then. But yes, it is extremely annoying that all the threads are basically finished.

Still, think positive, only 19 days to go!

MTC
4th October 2004, 6:30 PM
I'm sure I've asked this before but when is it on ITV exactly? Last time I asked I got no reply.
Its on ITV on Sunday mornings as a part of "Up on the roof" (Which is part of GMTV) Last time i checked they were showing Season 6

Offtopic:

And what time is Pokemon on Toonami now? It got changed for "Megas XLR" and some Transformers crap if I remember.
I like Transformers Energon, its better than Indigo League Pokémon

Lupin
4th October 2004, 7:34 PM
Offtopic:

I like Transformers Energon, its better than Indigo League Pokémon

Also Off Topic: I don't think so. The orginal transformers was much better and I loved the Kanto season. It was certainally much better the Jhoto.

Factory Head Noland
5th October 2004, 9:32 PM
I like Johto better than Kanto.

Sky One have done it again! No classic episodes on Saturday OR Sunday! It's "The Match" instead....If I ever see Mr. Sky One.........

Sybot
5th October 2004, 10:11 PM
Gyaaaaah!

ITV is so rubbish but I'm forced to watch it as I have no Sky One

Point 1: They cut out the intro which is annoying as I have seen every intro (English and Jap) except the English Season 6. Oddly sometimes the Ep Name screen (with the map) is there, sometimes it isnt.
Point 2: They cut more stuff out! Especially TRs motto. In 'Gonna Rule the School' it went from the guy saying "the Pokeballs are gone" to TR taunting Pikachu as it tried to attack their Wurmple Mecha.
Point 3: The guy who presents up on the roof is so annoying! Especially the "previously on Pokemon!" thing he does after the ad break. Decapitate him Scizor! ;212;

Phew...rant over.
Back on topic I wouldn't actually mind seeing the Johto League on Sky One since I missed it the first time through.

Factory Head Noland
6th October 2004, 8:22 PM
Good thing!!!:

Toonami has started Season 2 of Pokemon at 4:30pm on weekdays! Today was "Riddle Me This" (such a cool title and episode!), in my opinion they are better than Sky One for actually HAVING episodes of Pokemon.

Sharpshooter
6th October 2004, 10:44 PM
Good thing!!!:

Toonami has started Season 2 of Pokemon at 4:30pm on weekdays! Today was "Riddle Me This" (such a cool title and episode!), in my opinion they are better than Sky One for actually HAVING episodes of Pokemon.

Yeah the thing is they actually show them at normal times too, none of this 5 o'clock in the morning stuff.

I think Ash's battles with Blaine must be the BEST set of gym match's I've ever seen! The concept of battling over a volcano just heightens the intensity in itself don't you think?! Especially when Pikachu looked like it was actually going to fall into the pit!

Lupin
7th October 2004, 7:11 PM
Yeah the thing is they actually show them at normal times too, none of this 5 o'clock in the morning stuff.

I think Ash's battles with Blaine must be the BEST set of gym match's I've ever seen! The concept of battling over a volcano just heightens the intensity in itself don't you think?! Especially when Pikachu looked like it was actually going to fall into the pit!

I agree. The Blaine gym match was one of the best in the whole season

Sharpshooter
7th October 2004, 10:45 PM
I agree. The Blaine gym match was one of the best in the whole season

Err....not of the whole season, but of the WHOLE bloody show!! I missed a lot of Johto gym matches so I might be wrong here, but I doubt there will ever be a gym match like that again. The battle with Sabrina would of been up there, but the whole "Haunter with a slick sense of humor" really buggered that up. When I was watching it today, I just realised how much the Hoenn region missed gym battles like that. For example, his battle with Watson, I mean urghhhhh......it just would be insulting to even think about comparing that with his battle against Blaine.......

Eneko55
8th October 2004, 8:35 PM
Sky one are very bad at keeping up on new episodes. When I thought I was going to watch 'What you Seed is What you Get!' on Sky, it turned out to be 'Address Unown'. Sky one should of aired it that day. Ah well, we'll have to wait more...

SKY1 should be getting back to the Advanced episodes soon, they went back a bit because it was the end of series 6, Watt's With Wattson, they aired it and went back to Johto.

Pokémon Master Josh
8th October 2004, 11:02 PM
Thank god they're starting again!

What time are they repeated on Saturdays, because I'm on my paper round at 7.30 on a Sunday!

Katsuya
9th October 2004, 10:04 AM
I must admit, I find myself looking forward to watching the pokemon on Toonami. I didn't catch yesterday's Ep, what was it?

I taped Volcanic Panic, Charizard V Magmar was better than alot of the current Pokemon battles.

pitcher_ross
9th October 2004, 10:06 AM
Toonami also show Pokemon in the morning, I was flicking though Sky this morning at 8-9 am and the episodes were Princess vs. Princess, and The Purrfect Hero.

Katsuya
9th October 2004, 10:22 AM
Woo, today's EP will most loiekly be Misty Mermaid!

Dewgong > Alot of Pokemon.

Water Spirit
9th October 2004, 11:02 AM
So aren't they showing any Pokemon episodes on Sky One until the 23rd October then?
¬_¬ Great. I don't really understand what the program 'The Match' is. It seems to have four one hour slots in a row! Is it really that good?

Anyway, I think Sky One is OK to some extent, after all it is the only channel where we can watch the up to date Houen episodes after the US - so I guess we can't complain too much... but that's just MO, so please don't bash. But they do seem to have irregular time intervals. I guess they've put them to a halt coz they're going to show them all in the half term, but I guess if they had show them on every Sunday AND in the half term then we would be miles ahead of the US and then they would run out of dubbed ones to show us. I've got nothing aginst them showing the eppys in the US first, after all it is dubbed there and I guess they have a bit more authority over it since 4Kids is an American company.

But after the half term, we shouldn't be that far behind the US so I guess that's OK - and it might end up being like someone said where the US show it on a Saturday and we have it on a Sunday.

Katsuya
9th October 2004, 11:28 AM
There was a time when

- Sky One went ahead of US in Yu-Gi-Oh, 2 shows every weekend

- Nickeloden shot past both with 4 shows every weekend

Toonami has a big advantage. If they've signed the whole of the show, then we could see them finishing Orange Islands by end of the year, moving onto Johto, which would be finished April-ish. By then, US would've finished Hoenn, Sky One nearing the end. Toonami has a very small chance of beating Sky One to the end of Hoenn.

Sharpshooter
9th October 2004, 1:51 PM
Toonami has a big advantage. If they've signed the whole of the show, then we could see them finishing Orange Islands by end of the year, moving onto Johto, which would be finished April-ish. By then, US would've finished Hoenn, Sky One nearing the end. Toonami has a very small chance of beating Sky One to the end of Hoenn.

Face it, Toonami is a cheapass show. The one in the uk only can afford about 5 different cartoons, hence why so much dragonball rubbish is put on there(I mean it must at least be on there about 20 times a day!). Toonami's budget for pokemon episodes is limited, it seems like it took them ages to be able to get the end of the kanto season! Never mind Hoenn lol.

Katsuya
9th October 2004, 1:53 PM
Ya know, they repeated Season 1 for like, a month or so.

Sky One repeat stuff for about 3-4 months it would seem.

Factory Head Noland
9th October 2004, 2:04 PM
Are the Orange Islands in series 2 up to "Charizard Chills"?

I also love the Ash VS Blaine battle, the music is just awesome and it's an excellent battle.

Sky One really need to pull their finger out and get real! They aren't even putting Pokemon on this weekend!

I now watch the retro eps on Toonami I like where they are atnow (not the beginning!) I like it when it's further in the show.

Sharpshooter
10th October 2004, 1:07 AM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I have serious doubts that Toonami will go past season one. It didn't advertise anything past the indigo league tournament it during it's commercial for the episodes.

Why is Dragonball/Dragonball Z on there so much anyway?! I know it's fairly popular, but surely it's not that much more popular than Pokemon! We'd be in poke-heaven if they showed as many eps of pokemon as they do of Dragonball Z, I mean like one day it was played between something like 12:00-5:00am and then 9:00-1:00pm!! wtf's that all about?!!

Factory Head Noland
10th October 2004, 1:11 AM
They have already had season 1, they are on to season 2 now.

I don't see the point in Dragonball Z, I watched a little bit once and I was like *SNORE* it's crap.

Kyo Sohma
10th October 2004, 1:14 AM
I live in the U.S,so have KidsWB.I hope Sky One catches up,so UK will have the same episodes shown at the same time as us,like U.S Saturday and U.K Sunday.

Brooklyn
10th October 2004, 12:49 PM
yeah, at last we are gettin new episodes.
Its taken far too long. But sky one suck i hate them.

Factory Head Noland
10th October 2004, 3:30 PM
Me to! We have to wait for ages for the new episodes!!

Sharpshooter
10th October 2004, 5:06 PM
At least they show episodes, the only problem is there timing is irregular. I don't mind them showing any pokemon season during the wait for the new episodes, preferably hoenn stuff so we don't lose too much interest in that particular region and because no one else shows it.

What I do dread is the fact that they're going to keep this cycle up of showing a set of new episodes every two/three months.

pitcher_ross
10th October 2004, 6:54 PM
Isn't this nice, all us UK people brought together in one thread!

I agree, with Sharpshooter007, Toonami probably won't go past the first series. There may be a chance that they will get the second, but I severely doubt they will show Johto - that lasted for ages!

What I do dread is the fact that they're going to keep this cycle up of showing a set of new episodes every two/three months

I don't really mind that, apart from they show it at ridiculous times, and will repeat all the episodes again for months after this season!

Lupin
11th October 2004, 1:33 PM
Isn't this nice, all us UK people brought together in one thread!

I know. I didn't think there would be so many of us wanting to complain to Sky.

Factory Head Noland
11th October 2004, 9:46 PM
Well Sky is crap!

Toonami have already gone past season 1 they are on season 2! (I've said this before)

Todays episode on Toonami was "The Battle Of The Badge", an excellent episode! Not soon until the Orange Islands!!!!!!!!!

Sharpshooter
11th October 2004, 9:51 PM
Looks like pokemon advanced challenge is appearing on 23rd of october as pitcher_ross correctly pointed out. Well assuming that the radiotimes (i.e one of the UK's leading TV guide's) is correct!

http://www.radiotimes.com/jsp/listings_search.jsp

Then type pokemon on the right hand box where it says "Search for a current TV programme by name". You get a list of the upcomming pokemon episodes on sky one/sky one mix (not including any other channels like toonami etc). I you look at the bottom, it says:

Sunday 23 October, 8:30am, Sky One:
Pokemon Advanced Challege (if you click on it says "What you seed is what you get"

Sunday 23 October, 10:00am, Sky One Mix:
Pokemon Advanced Challenge (Also "What you seed is what you get")

Sunday 24 October, 8:30am, Sky One:
Pokemon Advanced Challenge (wait for it........"Love at first flight" yes after all the dispute of being banned, we get to see it first time round lol)

Sunday 24 October, 10:00, Sky One Mix:
Pokemon Advanced Challenge (Love at first flight again)

Check every so often for more updates on whats coming up.

For some reason I don't seem to hate sky as much anymore. Just hope they stick to their word!

pitcher_ross
12th October 2004, 8:57 AM
The site I used is:

www.mydigiguide.com

If you type in Pokémon (with the é (press 'Contol Alt E') ) it shows you all the channels which screen it in the UK

Indeed, 'What you Seed is What you get' is on Saturday the 23rd
'Love at First Flight' is on Sunday the 24th
'Let Bagons Be Bagons' is on Monday the 25th

All of these are on the sensible time of 8:30 too!

Pokémon Master Josh
12th October 2004, 9:16 AM
So, logically, the week should look like this:

Saturday 23rd: What You Seed Is What You Get!
Sunday 24th: Love At First Flight!
Monday 25th: Let Bagons Be Bagons!
Tuesday 26th: The Princess And The Togepi!
Wednesday 27th: A Togepi Mirage!
Thursday 28th: Candid Camerupt!
Friday 29th: I Feel Skitty!
Saturday 30th: Zig Zag Zangoose!
Sunday 31st: Maxed Out!

YAY! Its at 8.30, that means I can watch it AFTER my paper round!

Lupin
12th October 2004, 6:45 PM
So, logically, the week should look like this:

Saturday 23rd: What You Seed Is What You Get!
Sunday 24th: Love At First Flight!
Monday 25th: Let Bagons Be Bagons!
Tuesday 26th: The Princess And The Togepi!
Wednesday 27th: A Togepi Mirage!
Thursday 28th: Candid Camerupt!
Friday 29th: I Feel Skitty!
Saturday 30th: Zig Zag Zangoose!
Sunday 31st: Maxed Out!

YAY! Its at 8.30, that means I can watch it AFTER my paper round!

Are you sure. Saturday and Sunday might be the Jhoto episodes and it will start on the Monday. I'm not saying you are wrong pitcher_ross, just looking at it another way.

Sharpshooter
12th October 2004, 7:11 PM
Are you sure. Saturday and Sunday might be the Jhoto episodes and it will start on the Monday. I'm not saying you are wrong pitcher_ross, just looking at it another way.

pitcher_ross send an email to Sky, they replied to him with the news that nine episodes would be played during half term. Then these get repeated sometime again in november on Sky One Mix I think.

Factory Head Noland
12th October 2004, 7:49 PM
Yeh it's new episodes on Saturday and Sunday aswell.

Lupin
12th October 2004, 7:51 PM
pitcher_ross send an email to Sky, they replied to him with the news that nine episodes would be played during half term. Then these get repeated sometime again in november on Sky One Mix I think.

Oh thats good then.

Wow, they actually repied to an email. Maybe we should send emails complaining.

Factory Head Noland
12th October 2004, 8:04 PM
They always reply to the emails I send them.

pitcher_ross
13th October 2004, 8:45 AM
They rarely reply to emails I send them, but I guess as there was so much interest, they felt obliged to reply.

What I believe will happen (and I'm quite sure of this) is they will start the episodes on Saturday the 23rd of October. They will then continue at 8:30 each morning until the next Sunday (Not the 24th!), the 31st.

The episode which is shown on Sunday the 31st will then be repeated the next Saturday (the 6th). The next episode will then be shown on Sunday the 7th, and then repeated the following Saturday, and the new episode on the next Sunday (you probably get the cycle here!)

Furthermore, for the next couple of weeks, they are continuing to show the Indigo league and The Orange League at the ridiculous time of 5:10 and 5:35 am!

Sharpshooter
13th October 2004, 3:26 PM
Watch out, make sure you check your listings carefully because the airing times are far more irregular than you think.

For example Let Bagoons be Bagoons gets repeated on monday the 25th at 11:40am on Sky One Mix (after being shown earlier that day at 8:30am on Sky One) and not at it's usual time of 10:00am. Also there are THREE pokemon episdoes of the regular kanto season on tuesday morning instead of two (starting at 4:45am and not 5:10am). And finally the repeat for "The Princess and the Togepi" on Sky one Mix is on at 11:30am this time and not 11:40am like said previously for Let Bagoons be Bagoons or even at 10:00am like the two previous episodes before that were!!

It seems that Sky don't care about Pokémon at all. They just slap it in anywhere when they feel like it, making way for what they would consider more important MORE IMPORTANT programmes such as Zoids and stuff.

Just thought people should take note of that anyway just incase people don't miss anything due to a crappy airing system.

pitcher_ross
13th October 2004, 5:32 PM
Sorry, I don't get Sky One Mix (I don't have Sky but I can still get Sky One - explaining further gets complex!).

Also there are THREE pokemon episdoes of the regular kanto season on tuesday morning instead of two (starting at 4:45am and not 5:10am).

Yes, that's correct, but only after Monday the 25th - no doubt to compliment the new series.

So can anyone work out where we will be in comparison to UK by the time the final episode of the half term is shown (the 31st of November) ?

Sharpshooter
13th October 2004, 6:58 PM
So can anyone work out where we will be in comparison to UK by the time the final episode of the half term is shown (the 31st of November) ?

First of all I think you mean "comparison to US" correct?

If so, I think now(I haven't checked the American listings) but it looks like it's

I Feel Skitty! - 16th October
Zig Zag Zangoose! - 23rd October
Maxed out! - 30th October

So we'll be one day behind the Americans by the time our half term schedule has finished.

DarkDeoxys
13th October 2004, 7:35 PM
sky one just keeps playin up U think waiting 4 pokemon is bad No NEW Yugioh Epiosde will be shown in uk til nxt year

Brooklyn
13th October 2004, 7:41 PM
what are u talkin about? New Yugioh episodes start next weekend on Sky One.

pitcher_ross
14th October 2004, 8:37 AM

If so, I think now(I haven't checked the American listings) but it looks like it's

So we'll be one day behind the Americans by the time our half term schedule has finished.

Yes, sorry, I did mean US, my mistake.
Thanks for working that out - it's just something I like to know.

Sharpshooter
14th October 2004, 7:12 PM
Speaking of Sky, does anyone know what happened to the pokémon movies? They never seem to get aired, I was checking the listing's again and there's no movies of Pokémon at all in upcoming months. Considering the amount of channels we get; Sky cinema one, sky cinema two, sky movies one, two.....nine (eleven standards ones I think) we should at least see ONE of them!

I was hoping to see pokémon the movie 2000 sometime, but knowing Sky it looks unlikely that I'll ever see that again unless I buy the god damn thing! Even any of the other 5 movies would be nice!

DarkDeoxys
14th October 2004, 7:16 PM
the 5th movie hasnt come out here yet!!! which is the latios/latias

Lupin
14th October 2004, 7:19 PM
Speaking of Sky, does anyone know what happened to the pokémon movies? They never seem to get aired, I was checking the listing's again and there's no movies of Pokémon at all in upcoming months. Considering the amount of channels we get; Sky cinema one, sky cinema two, sky movies one, two.....nine (eleven standards ones I think) we should at least see ONE of them!

I was hoping to see pokémon the movie 2000 sometime, but knowing Sky it looks unlikely that I'll ever see that again unless I buy the god damn thing! Even any of the other 5 movies would be nice!

They've show up to the third one on Sky Movies, but behond that I'm not sure.

Sharpshooter
14th October 2004, 7:19 PM
the 5th movie hasnt come out here yet!!! which is the latios/latias

Ah not to worry Sky will probably show that sometime when we're in our 40's lol.

My main query is if they are ever going to show them again?! Even the first one! I've been checking since about July for some Pokémon movies to be shown, but no luck, looks bad....

pitcher_ross
15th October 2004, 8:41 AM
Well, I emailed Sky months ago about this, when they were showing the 'Land Before Time' films in the morning, as I wanted them to show the Pokémon movies instead.

They replied, and said that they didn't own the rights to the films.

Whether they have any intention of buying the rights is beyond me.

Sharpshooter
15th October 2004, 3:51 PM
Well, I emailed Sky months ago about this, when they were showing the 'Land Before Time' films in the morning, as I wanted them to show the Pokémon movies instead.

They replied, and said that they didn't own the rights to the films.

Whether they have any intention of buying the rights is beyond me.

Well do you know does? No chance of Sky getting them now, they'll think the Pokémon fad's far long gone(even though there's enough people who'd still consider watching them!).

Meh looks like I have to buy it myself online, mind you they are cheap, about Ł6.99 on DVD I hear! Or so it said on Amazon....

pitcher_ross
15th October 2004, 5:46 PM
Channel 5 own the rights to the second movie, and they screened that a couple of months ago, but again, who knows if they'll show more?

Amazon and eBay are your best bets. See:
Amazon: Pokemon Heroes (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000BWVAB/qid=1097858363/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-6550996-5692410)

Amazon: Pokemon Jirahci... (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001XAMIQ/qid=1097858474/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-6550996-5692410)

Now there aren't any DVD's of Pokemon Heroes, but their are VCD's, which is what I plan to invest in.
eBay: Pokemon Heroes (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72407&item=6330843771&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

Now there aren't any DVD's of Pokemon Jirachi either
eBay: Pokemon Jirachi... (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27342&item=6329522384&rd=1)

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they are released on TV.

Sharpshooter
16th October 2004, 8:52 PM

Sorry I got that wrong, I forgot that "Love at first flight" was shown today in the US, it means that the 3 I mentioned above will be shown a week later:

I Feel Skitty! - 23th October
Zig Zag Zangoose! - 30rd October
Maxed out! - 6th November

Meaning we will be able see "Maxed out!" 6 days before the Americans! There's a shock....

Factory Head Noland
17th October 2004, 12:48 PM
I just looked over to next Sunday on Sky Mix (new name!) and it says "What You Seed Is What You Get!" on Saturday and "Love At First Flight!" on Sunday!!!

We are finally getting the new episodes!!!!!!

I couldn't see across to Monday because it won't let you go that far but it is new eps all week!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yellow
17th October 2004, 1:24 PM
I think Sky One and KidsWB should try and show the same episodes every week. There would be no problems or threads like this. It would just make more sense.

Factory Head Noland
17th October 2004, 1:27 PM
You are so right!

Sharpshooter
17th October 2004, 1:41 PM
We also get to see Zig Zag Zangoose before the US! It airs here at 8:30am, and airs there at around 10am, not only that but we are 5hrs ahead of America (eastern that is, 8 hrs western I believe). Meaning we get to see it at least 6hrs before they do! I guess Sky aren't to bad after all :P

Trillian
17th October 2004, 6:33 PM
I just looked over to next Sunday on Sky Mix (new name!) and it says "What You Seed Is What You Get!" on Saturday and "Love At First Flight!" on Sunday!!!

We are finally getting the new episodes!!!!!!

I couldn't see across to Monday because it won't let you go that far but it is new eps all week!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did that too, but the synopses for them are those for 'A Different Kind Of Misty!' and 'A poké-block party!' *Shakes head* Silly, silly Sky! But still, can't wait!

Factory Head Noland
17th October 2004, 8:52 PM
I know, I was confused when I saw them at first.

Lupin
19th October 2004, 7:00 PM
Well we have three days till we can see the new episodes. All I can say is. IT'S ABOUT TIME.

Factory Head Noland
19th October 2004, 8:26 PM
I can't wait! I'm counting down the days....

Sharpshooter
25th October 2004, 9:13 PM
The last time I looked on the radio times website they said that on the 6th november, Sky One would be showing the repeat of "Maxed Out!" Now what Sky usually do is repeat the eposide we saw on sunday, onto the next saturday. So if My prediction stands correct we should be seeing Pros and Con artists on 7th of november (i.e. a brand new eposide that wasn't part of the original 9 episode Bonanza). If that were the case then it would mean a brand new episode EVERY sunday!

I need to someone to confirm it for me though because the format on the radio times websites changed, and I can't seem to get anything on pokémon!

pitcher_ross
25th October 2004, 10:17 PM
Hmm, 'What's up with Sky One?'

I don't know! I'm really enjoying the PAC episodes every morning, especially the Trainers Choice.

Altaria
25th October 2004, 10:26 PM
Wow! It isn't often that UK viewers get to see episodes of anything sent through or created in the US first. I know Stargate SG-1 was seen in the UK first not that long ago because Sci-Fi channel in the US were doing odd things, but that is great.

So the Zangoose episode we see this Sunday a matter of hours before US peeps right? So what about episodes after that??? Will Sky continue showing new episodes every Sunday or will they revert to repeats for a while?

Factory Head Noland
25th October 2004, 10:31 PM
Tomorrow is "The Princess & The Togepi" and I can't wait! We get to see Misty again!!! Wahey!
So much for Advanced Challenge starting on September 5th...oh well we are getting the eps now!!

Brooklyn
26th October 2004, 10:15 AM
Princess and the Togepi was a good episode.
I hope they don't show repeats. that will get annoying.

26th October 2004, 10:33 AM
tommorow is a togepi mirage! pure ownage

Arc_Angel
26th October 2004, 11:17 AM
The princess and the Togepi was great today, I can't wait for The Togepi Mirage tomorrow.
Sky One'll most likely stop playing new eps after half-term. Urgh, its hard enough trying to see the new eps when I work at 7am or nights :(

Ultimate-Rayquaza
26th October 2004, 12:33 PM
This is cool! We saw prinncess and the togipe,(I never thought I get to think this about pokémon again)it PWNS!With a capital P!I never thought that Shedniga is acutually a good pokémon!Sky One has turned a new leaf(green!),but it will eventually revert(again).Untill then I'm wallowing in the new!

Factory Head Noland
26th October 2004, 1:25 PM
"The Princess & The Togepi" was so cool! It's so great to see Misty again!
Togepi is as cute as ever and the Colonel's Shedinja was so cool, it has such a high defense! It's Solarbeam was awesome! I was so pleased to see Misty's Corsola again aswell!
Tomorrow is "A Togepi Miracle" which will totally rule!

Sharpshooter
26th October 2004, 4:23 PM
Yep, just as I thought, the new episodes don't stop airing on Sky!

On the 7th of november - Sky One - 7:30am - Pros and Con Artists!
On the 7th of november - Sky Mix - 10:00am - Pros and Con Artists!

Therefore on every sunday from now on we'll be getting a new episode. That's more like it Sky....

Factory Head Noland
26th October 2004, 5:33 PM
Wahey! New eps every Sunday!! Just like old times!

Lupin
26th October 2004, 9:09 PM
"The Princess & The Togepi" was so cool! It's so great to see Misty again!
Togepi is as cute as ever and the Colonel's Shedinja was so cool, it has such a high defense! It's Solarbeam was awesome! I was so pleased to see Misty's Corsola again aswell!
Tomorrow is "A Togepi Miracle" which will totally rule!

I'm abit mad though. I'm going to the cinema 2moz at 12.00 so I'll miss that episode. Why can't they show them at 10.00 like they do normally on a Sunday.

Factory Head Noland
26th October 2004, 11:40 PM
You could always watch the episode at 8:30, I watch the episode at 8:30 on Sky One and then again on Sky Mix.

pitcher_ross
28th October 2004, 1:53 PM
An OK episode this morning, just one complaint:

Is anyone else getting fed up of the competition question interupting the episode? They should wait until the credits end, and the speaker can't pronounce the names properly - did anyone hear her say 'Togepi'? She said 'Toe-gap-ei'!!

Sharpshooter
29th October 2004, 10:00 AM
An OK episode this morning, just one complaint:

Is anyone else getting fed up of the competition question interupting the episode? They should wait until the credits end, and the speaker can't pronounce the names properly - did anyone hear her say 'Togepi'? She said 'Toe-gap-ei'!!

Yep, particularly since I've taped it, meaning every time I decide to watch it again, I have to put up with those crap questions!

I wont be seeing "Zig Zag Zangoose!" tomorrow, i'm off to a funeral(grandad died yesturday *cries*) Mind you I've never met him so I guess there's not too much emotional attachment involved.

Is it possible to set the VCR to record at 8:30am? I'll be needing too, since I've taped the first 7 episodes perfectly so far. (i.e. no ads in between)

pitcher_ross
29th October 2004, 1:28 PM
Yes, you can usually timer program your VCR. I wouldn't recommend trying to record around the adverts, you'll probably miss parts of the episode.

Factory Head Noland
29th October 2004, 2:11 PM
I tape the episodes aswell, I've taped all the episodes since "All In A Day's Wurmple!" and I taped the one's that I hadn't in the summer holidays when they played the start of the series.

Dayberie
29th October 2004, 8:17 PM
Hey! We're catching up! I missed last weeks episodes as well as the week before...>.< I miss What you seed is what you get, Love at first flight, and the two Misty episodes.... Tomorrow is the same as the US. Maxxed Out and Pros and Con Artists!

Sharpshooter
30th October 2004, 7:22 PM
I've only just got back home (I was 90 miles away elsewhere!), didn't see the episode today, what was it? Zig Zag Zangoose?

Does anyone know what chances there are of the 9 episodes to be repeated again? I heard they were supposed to be all aired again at some stage.

Lupin
30th October 2004, 7:35 PM
I've only just got back home (I was 90 miles away elsewhere!), didn't see the episode today, what was it? Zig Zag Zangoose?

Does anyone know what chances there are of the 9 episodes to be repeated again? I heard they were supposed to be all aired again at some stage.

I sure hope so since I missed a togepi mirage. They should have shown it at 10.00 like they normally do. It's cos they showed it at 11.30 that I missed it.

Dayberie
30th October 2004, 9:28 PM
Zig Zag Zangoose was okay I guess. Zangoose's cry it crap though, just sounds like every new Pokemon voice. Like a guy choking on a pork pie...

pitcher_ross
31st October 2004, 1:46 PM
Does anyone know what chances there are of the 9 episodes to be repeated again? I heard they were supposed to be all aired again at some stage

They'll probably repeat them when they get to the end of the series.

As for the Zangoose episode, either Seviper or Zangoose (I think it was Seviper) who had a really odd cry.

Sharpshooter
1st November 2004, 5:35 PM
So, the 9 episode saga for halloween has finished. So what was everyones favourite?

I think mine had to be "A Togepi Mirage!" followed closely by "Candid Camerupt!" Although I hate picking sad episodes, it was definatly action packed throughout(though the over-use of solarbeams were annoying). I did enjoy seeing Misty again, seeing the five of them together was good, more enjoyable!

Anyone else?

Factory Head Noland
1st November 2004, 5:45 PM
I really liked "What You Seed Is What You Get!", "Let Bagons Be Bagons!", "Candid Camerupt!", "I Feel Skitty!" and "Zig Zag Zangoose!".
They are all really great episodes.

Lupin
1st November 2004, 7:52 PM
Candid Camerupt was really good.

pitcher_ross
2nd November 2004, 8:45 AM
The best episodes were the pair of Misty episodes, I didn't really like Candid Camerupt or ZigZag Zangoose.

Alakazam
2nd November 2004, 7:51 PM
I feel Skitty was my fav.

I never got to see "What you Seed is what you get", I forgot the epi was on :(

ZTcrazy
2nd November 2004, 7:58 PM
I never got to see "What you Seed is what you get", I forgot the epi was on :(

That's a shame that you missed it, it was a great episode even though it was a filler.

Now that half-terms finished, Sky are going back to show the new episodes every week, I think. Now I have something to look foward to during the week!

Factory Head Noland
2nd November 2004, 9:00 PM
It wasn't really a filler because Treecko learned Bullet Seed.

Altaria
3rd November 2004, 7:29 PM
Well the only episode I missed (I think) was Zig Zag Zangoose which I think I am right in thinking is a filler episode; luckily our next two episodes are to do with May and her next contest so we have lots to look forward to! :)

Factory Head Noland
3rd November 2004, 8:11 PM
I missed "Maxxed Out" because I stayed at my friends house on Satuday night so I'll see it on Saturday!!

Sharpshooter
4th November 2004, 12:37 AM
Just confirmation of more upcoming episodes (source from www.radiotimes.com)

13th November 7:30am - Sky One - Pros and Con Artists!
13th November 10:00am - Sky Mix - Pros and Con Artists!

14th November 7:30am - Sky One - Come What May!
14th November 7:30am - Sky Mix - Come What May!

Sky are being gay at the moment with their schedule's. The episodes they put on between 5:10-6:00am are being rushed by the looks of it. At moment, we're coming the end of Kanto, but I thought it was a bit odd that by the 16th of november, "Bye Bye Psyduck" is on, and considering that we're currently on "Bad To The Bone" it doesn't mathematically seem correct, but ah of course Sky are skipping episodes! For example on the 10th of november both "Pallet Party Panic!" and "A Scare in the Air" are on, then the day after, it's "The Lost Lapras" and "Fit to Be Tide". You'll notice there, that there's no "Pokéball Peril" and a few other episodes should be shown inbetween "The Lost Lapras" and "Fit to be Tide".

B*stards - I was hoping that I'd get the chance to the tape the Orange Island episodes, (since my old tape for it has been taped over, I last taped them over 4 years ago so it that was expected). Well I can't now cause the order of episodes are buggered up, and there's no point in tapping something with missing gym battles etc.

pitcher_ross
4th November 2004, 8:38 AM
Yes, when sky did the orange episode last time, they missed out episodes at the start of the orange league. The showed the first, third, and fifth, so we didn't actually see Ash receive the GS ball or Brock leave.

What was the point of that?

Factory Head Noland
4th November 2004, 5:23 PM
The Orange Islands episodes are on Toonami at 4:30 everyday of you like them (I love them!)
Sky are just.....plebs! (But at least they air new eps!)

pitcher_ross
7th November 2004, 7:22 PM
Can anyone tell me the Trainers Choice for this morning episode (Pros and Con Artists), I missed it!

Sharpshooter
7th November 2004, 7:44 PM
Can anyone tell me the Trainers Choice for this morning episode (Pros and Con Artists), I missed it!

I taped the episode but I was too busy editing out the adverts to notice. Although I think it was:

Q:Trainers, which one of these would be best against Magneton?

Possible answers: Crobat, Lanturn, or Geodude

I couldn't be sure since I didn't tape the trainers part all that well. It was like, "Trainers which one of these-" "Then goes if you chose "Geodude" you right. I kinda messed up :P

I put a spoiler there just incase you wanted to work it out for yourself first. Although I assume you have enough Poké knowledge to able to work it out anyway:P

pitcher_ross
7th November 2004, 9:05 PM
Thanks Tom - i'll double check next Saturday. Thanks again!

Lupin
10th November 2004, 4:04 PM
I taped the episode but I was too busy editing out the adverts to notice. Although I think it was:

Q:Trainers, which one of these would be best against Magneton?

Possible answers: Crobat, Lanturn, or Geodude

I couldn't be sure since I didn't tape the trainers part all that well. It was like, "Trainers which one of these-" "Then goes if you chose "Geodude" you right. I kinda messed up :P

I put a spoiler there just incase you wanted to work it out for yourself first. Although I assume you have enough Poké knowledge to able to work it out anyway:P

Most of them don't make sence. I would have picked Lanturn due to it's absorb ability

Do you think this should be made a sticky, just so we Brits have a place to ***** about Sky One.

pitcher_ross
11th November 2004, 8:43 AM
Defintiely, it's great to see all the UK people who are on this forum.

Sharpshooter
13th November 2004, 4:31 AM
Right ok everyone, I'm sure you've read about the disscusion of the new 22 episodes not featuring Ash & co coming to America in late 2005. Most of us, including myself think it's the Hoso's that haven't been released outside Japan, rather than an all-American series, which would stink.

What does everyone think the chances are of these episodes coming to the UK via Sky One, or does anyone have any inside infomation of Sky One airing these episodes sometime in the future at all?

Most of the stuff that comes from KidsWB! air's here, I'd be bitterly disappointed if they weren't to be aired in the UK, especially if they were to be those suspected Hoso's....

pitcher_ross
13th November 2004, 8:53 AM
I hope so, the Hoso's look really good from the images I've seen. 22? I can only think of 14. If they are showing it at the same time as Series 8, where are they going to get the extra episodes from?

The 14 specials I think they might show are:

1. Raikou! Legend of Thunder
2. Brock! Save Pewter Gym
3. Revenge Match in the Cerulean gym
4. Tough Battle! Enter Team Rocket
5. Epic Battle at Oak's Lab
6. Misty! Get the Cascade Badge!
7. The Pichu Brothers
8. Pokémon Investigation! Search for Professor Oak!
9. Calling on Great Detective Meowth! Is Niece Azurill in Great Trouble?
10. The Seriousness of Misty's Match! Risking a Life?!
11. Team Rocket Special - The Origin of Love and Youth
12. Another Legend Of Celebi
13. Pallet Town, The Setting off of The Pokémon Trainer
14. Pokémon Researcher Gary and Aerodactyl!

There are indeed 3 specials announced so far in Series 8, but if Pokemon Chronicles is being shown alongside it, will they show it?

That still leaves 8 episodes free. While I really wish to see the specials, I personally dont believe they will be the specials. Seems a shame though, they have already created them, so all they need to do is translate them and re-dub them.

Sharpshooter
13th November 2004, 9:14 AM
Well first of all, there's 19 conifirmed Hoso's released in Japan, not 14! :P

Considering there's 22 anounced, I would of though KidsWB! in America would have had inside infomation into the fact that Japan might be creating 3 more Hoso's by the time it airs there (late 2005), hence maybe that's why they issued 22 episodes instead of 19.

That's how I'd look at it anyway.

Factory Head Noland
13th November 2004, 10:12 PM
I hope they come to the UK! It would be totally unfair if they didn't!
This should be stickied because it is a great place to talk to other UK people!

pitcher_ross
14th November 2004, 6:48 PM
Well first of all, there's 19 conifirmed Hoso's released in Japan

Yes, but if they are showing it "alongside" series 8, surely they wont show 'Misty and Luvdisc! Love Battle!', 'Casey and Charizard! Intensive Fire Training!' or 'Galloping Sky Legend! Richie and Moltres!'. Also, isn't it a bit late to show the first one, 'Slowking's Day', and 'Mewtwo Returns' is too long. That leaves 14.

Does anyone know the Trainers Choice (or is it WTP?!) for Come What May, this mornings episode?

Sushi
14th November 2004, 7:03 PM
Well, I don't really care if this "Season 8" is coming to us or not, I just hope that's not the end of Ash & Co. Maybe it isn't, if those episodes are the Hoso Specials *a bit relieved* I'd like to see the Specials with Misty! ;)

Lupin
14th November 2004, 7:03 PM
I hope they come to the UK! It would be totally unfair if they didn't!
This should be stickied because it is a great place to talk to other UK people!

I'll PM a mod and ask them.

pitcher_ross
14th November 2004, 9:07 PM
Well, I don't really care if this "Season 8" is coming to us or not
Season 8 will no doubt be screened on Sky One, but we'll no doubt have to wait ages after the end of Series 7 though!.

It would be really good to see the specials, but I bet they wont be the hoso's. They may even be better. Anyone with me? Probably not!! >_<

Lupin
16th November 2004, 7:22 PM
No go for the sticky idea. But lets try and keep this thread working as it is a great place to complain about UK TV being rubbish about not showing pokemon episodes.

pitcher_ross
16th November 2004, 7:25 PM
complain about UK TV being rubbish about not showing pokemon episodes

Perhaps a bit harsh there, Sky One are doing a good job at the moment don't you think?

And is this your most sucessful topic Lupin?!

;250;

Lupin
16th November 2004, 7:28 PM
Perhaps a bit harsh there, Sky One are doing a good job at the moment don't you think?

And is this your most sucessful topic Lupin?!

;250;

It is. I've only very created seven topics and this is the first to make it further than three pages.

Yes Sky One is doing a good job at the moment, but lets see how long they keep it up.

Pokémon Master Josh
16th November 2004, 7:45 PM
What time do the episodes get shown now? and on which channel? I'm doing my paper round from 7.30-8.15, and i missed "Pros and Con Artists!"

Waterlight
16th November 2004, 7:47 PM
Kind of off topic: Has Sky One shown the episodes where Misty Returns then leaves and Togetic Leaves yet ? (Ive Forgotten the names ), ive missed a few episodes so i don't know plz reply

Lupin
16th November 2004, 7:53 PM
Kind of off topic: Has Sky One shown the episodes where Misty Returns then leaves and Togetic Leaves yet ? (Ive Forgotten the names ), ive missed a few episodes so i don't know plz reply

Yes, both episodes were shown during Half Term (hoping they show them again as I missed A Togepi Mirage)

Waterlight
16th November 2004, 7:59 PM
Does anyone know the email address for Sky-one, Lol , last time i missed a major episode i e-mailed skyone (forgot the email) and they sent me a tape of it .lmao

pitcher_ross
17th November 2004, 3:05 PM
What time do the episodes get shown now? and on which channel? I'm doing my paper round from 7.30-8.15, and i missed "Pros and Con Artists!"

The episodes are screened every sunday at 7:30 on sky One. They are then repeated at 10:00 am on Sky One Mix. The episode which is screened is then repeated the next Satirday on Sky One at 7:30. Do you do your round on the weekend?

There are also Orange League episodes on VERY early at the time of 5:10-5:35, then 5:35 to 6:00 AM!

last time i missed a major episode i e-mailed skyone (forgot the email) and they sent me a tape of it

Hold on a minute. You missed an episode, emailed sky, and they sent you a video, free of charge, with the episode on it? I've never heard of this before, and it sounds a bit unlikely to be honest.

;250;

Sharpshooter
17th November 2004, 3:43 PM
Here we go again, he's me thinking that maybe this time Sky would surpass Charizard Chills in its morning schedule (5:10am-6:00am). But nope, it looks like they're going all the way back to beginning of Kanto again! Of course I don't mind seeing the Kanto region, since it was the best region by far but how many times have both Sky and Toonami shown these now?! I almost know the scripts of each episode it's that bad.

I'd like to see some Johto ones, or even some Hoenn repeats please....

pitcher_ross
17th November 2004, 4:02 PM
But nope, it looks like they're going all the way back to beginning of Kanto again

Really? According to the site I use, sky are screening very random episodes. Here's the lineup:

When the Orange League finishes on the 24th of November, with Charizard Chills, they are then screening just 1 episode on Firday the 25th, 'A Way Off Day Off' (series 2, episode 17) at 5:10

Monday the 29th: they are screening one episode at 4:45-5:10 'Bound for Trouble', (series 2 episode 28)

and thats it, they're not showing any more early morning episodes after that. I wonder why?

;250;

Sharpshooter
17th November 2004, 4:18 PM
Really? According to the site I use, sky are screening very random episodes. Here's the lineup:

When the Orange League finishes on the 24th of November, with Charizard Chills, they are then screening just 1 episode on Firday the 25th, 'A Way Off Day Off' (series 2, episode 17) at 5:10

Monday the 29th: they are screening one episode at 4:45-5:10 'Bound for Trouble', (series 2 episode 28)

and thats it, they're not showing any more early morning episodes after that. I wonder why?

;250;

Actually going back on that, I wish they would go back and repeat the Kanto season, it's better having that than nothing! Means I have to rely on Toonami for Pokémon now. *sigh*

Your infomation's correct, I checked www.radiotimes.com and they are strangely screening random episodes in no particular order.

Hmm, it also looks like the Americans are also getting way ahead of us again, they're airing doubles as we keep airing singles. Means they're gonna get more repeats though so it works both ways I guess.

Lupin
17th November 2004, 4:21 PM
Hold on a minute. You missed an episode, emailed sky, and they sent you a video, free of charge, with the episode on it? I've never heard of this before, and it sounds a bit unlikely to be honest.

;250;

I agree. That does seem abit unlikey. They'd more likey tell you when it is next showing.

pitcher_ross
17th November 2004, 5:39 PM
Hmm, it also looks like the Americans are also getting way ahead of us again, they're airing doubles as we keep airing singles.

Where exactly do people get a guide for US? I've always wanted to know for scheduling information.

Although that is bad, Sky One will probably treat us to a Christmas half term frenzy again to catch up.

</emailing sky one>

;250;

Sharpshooter
18th November 2004, 9:48 AM
Where exactly do people get a guide for US? I've always wanted to know for scheduling information.

Although that is bad, Sky One will probably treat us to a Christmas half term frenzy again to catch up.

</emailing sky one>

;250;

Infomation about the US and Japan scheduling system is a sticky thread on the animé section, at the top just above this one.

Someone should ask Dogasu if it's possible to allow that Sticky to be altered for UK scheduling times as well as US and Japan, since the UK and Ireland are probably the second most popular visitors after the Americans to visit this site.

pitcher_ross
21st November 2004, 3:15 PM
</emailing sky one>

OK, I did email Sky One and I asked:
"Dear Sky One,
Are you planning any special Christmas scheduling for Pokémon during the half term, or is it a bit too early to ask?!
Thanks, from
Ross Pitcher"

and they replied:

"Dear Ross
Thank you for you email about Pokemon.
I can confirm that the week beginning the 20th December there will be Pokemon episodes broadcast on Sky One.
Thank you for your interest in Sky.
Kind regards
Diana Allan
Viewer Relations"

Although this is a bit vague, it looks like they will be doing something, probably weekday episodes of Pokémon from the 20th of December!

;250;

Factory Head Noland
22nd November 2004, 6:34 PM
We haven't had weekday episodes on Sky One or Sky Mix for like a year now! I find it shocking!! Thank God for Toonami and their Orange Islands eps ^_^
I hope that there are weekday eps again because they are stopping soon on Toonami!*sniffle*

pitcher_ross
23rd November 2004, 11:07 AM
We haven't had weekday episodes on Sky One or Sky Mix for like a year now!

We had it last half term!

Sharpshooter
23rd November 2004, 3:30 PM
We had it last half term!

We do actually have them currently. All be it at 5:10am of course, some wierdos like myself get up to watch them at times :P. So I guess they count.

Factory Head Noland
26th November 2004, 11:51 PM
Did you know that Toonami has gone back to the first episode?!? Shocking!! They should just replay the Orange Islands again ^_^ it would make me happy!

Any word on Sky One/Sky Mix airing old eps on weekdays yet?

pitcher_ross
27th November 2004, 9:04 AM
Any word on Sky One/Sky Mix airing old eps on weekdays yet?

Yes, scroll up and read the email I wrote to sky one.

;250;

Katsuya
27th November 2004, 9:19 AM
I once asked some Sky people about The Wrestling Channel....got a quick response too. If only I could remember the address....

Factory Head Noland
27th November 2004, 11:10 AM
The email address is viewerr@bskyb.com if you want to email them about anything.

Anti-Richie
28th November 2004, 9:38 PM
According to Digital Spy, Sky One and Mix are repeating the first ten Season 7 episodes from the 20th December onwards. The episodes will be aired at 8.30am (Sky One) and 12.30pm (Mix) during weekdays. The previous days episodes will also be shown early at 5.30am on Sky One.

The latest episodes keep their regular slots of 7.30am (Sky One) and 10am (Mix) on Weekends.

This is how it looks at the moment:
December
Mon 20th - What You Seed Is What You Get
Tues 21st - Love At First Flight
Wed 22nd - Let Bagons Be Bagons
Thurs 23rd - The Princess and the Togepi
Fri 24th - A Togepi Mirage
Sat 25th - Going Going Yawn
Sun 26th - Going for a Spinda
Mon 27th - Candid Camerupt
Tues 28th - I Feel Skitty
Wed 29th - Zigzag Zangoose
Thurs 30th - Maxxed Out
Fri 31st - Pros and Con Artists

January
Sat 1st - Going for a Spinda
Sun 2nd - All Torkoal No Play

pitcher_ross
29th November 2004, 8:34 AM
According to Digital Spy, Sky One and Mix are repeating the first ten Season 7 episodes from the 20th December onwards

That's a shame, I wanted them to do new episodes. Make a note everyone, this is the first of, no doubt, endless repeats!
;250;

Lupin
29th November 2004, 12:53 PM
Nice to know that Sky One have a conact address.

Sharpshooter
29th November 2004, 3:28 PM
Disappointed that we couldn't use that paritcular slot to catch up with the Americans. Although repeating the first ten episodes of season 7 will allow to me to see "Zig Zag Zangoose" which I missed when it was first played during the halloween period. It's not all that bad then I guess :P

Lupin
29th November 2004, 6:49 PM
Disappointed that we couldn't use that paritcular slot to catch up with the Americans. Although repeating the first ten episodes of season 7 will allow to me to see "Zig Zag Zangoose" which I missed when it was first played during the halloween period. It's not all that bad then I guess :P

And the second togepi episode

pitcher_ross
12th December 2004, 6:51 PM
OK, I tried to make a new post with this information, but the forums aren't working properly. I also PM'd a MOD who unfortunately for some reason didn't create my post for me. Anyway....

Here is the UK christmas scheduling for Pokémon Advanced Challenge, for Sky One only. New episodes are in bold, repeat new episodes are in italics

Saturday 18th Dec: 7:30 am - 'Poetry Commotion'
Sunday 19th Dec: 7:30 am - 'Going, Going, Yawn'

Monday 20th Dec: 8:30 am - 'What you seed is what you get' (episode 1)
Tuesday 21st Dec: 8:30 am - 'Love at first flight' (episode 2)
Wednesday 22nd Dec: 8:30 am - 'Let Bagons be Bagons' (episode 3)
Thurday 23rd Dec: 8:30 am - 'The Princess and the Togepi' (episode 4)
Friday 24th Dec: 8:30 am - 'A Togepi Mirage' (episode 5)

Saturday 25th Dec: 7:30 am - 'Going, Going Yawn'
Sunday 26th Dec: 7:30 am - 'Going for a Spinda'

Monday 27th Dec: 8:30 am - 'Candid Camerupt' (episode 6)
Tuesday 28th Dec: 8:30 am - 'I Feel Skitty' (episode 7)
Wednesday 29th Dec: 8:30 am - 'Zigzag Zangoose' (episode 8)
Thursday 30th Dec: 8:30 am - 'Maxxed Out!' (episode 9)
Friday 31st Dec: 8:30 am - 'Pros and Con Artists' (episode 10)

Saturday 1st Jan: 7:30 am - 'Going for a Spinda']
Sunday 2nd Jan: 7:30 am - 'All Torkoal, No Play'

Saturday 8th Jan: 7:30 am - 'All Torkoal, No Play'
Sunday 9th Jan: 7:30 am - 'Manectric Charge'

Don't be surprised now if the MOD makes this identical post by accident!

;250;

Anti-Richie
12th December 2004, 8:36 PM
Yeah, I posted most of that on the last page of this thread.

I can't wait to see The Princess and the Togepi - I missed it the first time round.

Sharpshooter
14th December 2004, 7:20 AM
OK, I tried to make a new post with this information, but the forums aren't working properly. I also PM'd a MOD who unfortunately for some reason didn't create my post for me. Anyway....

The mod's don't care about UK issue's, particularly because they all happen to be American lol. Both the UK and Ireland have good followings on this board, I can't see why there's no sticky concerning UK airing times. Americans just think for themeselves it seems.

pitcher_ross
14th January 2005, 5:57 PM
OK, it seems the UK are being totally left out of all the action at the moment - we have no movies being screened at all. As usual, I have emailed sky one to ask if they will be showing the 7th movie as Kids WB and will post my response as and when I get it. For the mean time, *discuss*

Factory Head Noland
14th January 2005, 6:29 PM
I haven't seen this thread for a while!

Sky One are just annoying, I only like them for Sunday mornings at 10am lol. They really should show at least one Pokemon movie! Not even Sky Movies show any!!

Waterlight
14th January 2005, 6:37 PM

Sky One are just annoying, I only like them for Sunday mornings at 10am lol. They really should show at least one Pokemon movie! Not even Sky Movies show any!!

They have only ever had one movie on ever - the first. I doubt they'll put it on, as Pokémon doesn't have a bigger following as it used to.

OK, it seems the UK are being totally left out of all the action at the moment - we have no movies being screened at all. As usual, I have emailed sky one to ask if they will be showing the 7th movie as Kids WB and will post my response as and when I get it. For the mean time, *discuss*

Same as above, also though I doubt one measly E-mail is gonna make 'em show it :/ .

Sharpshooter
14th January 2005, 8:01 PM
Movies take AGES to come out in the UK, you remember when Pokémon: The Movie 2000 (that's 2000) came out in 2001? Six Months after it came out in America and almost a year after it came out Japan.

It's kinda odd, we get the episodes released around the same time as the Americans do, yet we're behind them for the movies? Strange. I remember for the for when Pokémon: The Movie came out here (watching it in the Odeon cinema's back in Ipswich) we were about 15 episodes into the Orange Islands saga, which meant regular viewers of the animé would relate to the movie looking somewhat out of date because Brock was in it.

I have the Destination Deoxy's movie downloaded in Japanese, yet to watch it cause of the all the exams I'm sitting this month, should be good though.

pitcher_ross
15th January 2005, 8:36 AM
Not even Sky Movies show any!!
Well, hopefully that will change soon, I have the reply back from sky:

"Dear Ross

Thank you for your e-mail about the 7th Pokemon Movie.

Unfortunately, there is no information available regarding this film. However, your interest in this has been noted and passed on to Sky Movies for their information.

Kind regards

Gordon Smith
Viewer Relations"

So unfortunately it doesnt seem we'll be getting anything soon.

Torkoal Stu
15th January 2005, 11:59 AM
Well, hopefully that will change soon, I have the reply back from sky:

"Dear Ross

Thank you for your e-mail about the 7th Pokemon Movie.

Unfortunately, there is no information available regarding this film. However, your interest in this has been noted and passed on to Sky Movies for their information.

Kind regards

Gordon Smith
Viewer Relations"

So unfortunately it doesnt seem we'll be getting anything soon.

well sky movies showed pokemon 2 and 3 recently! also we were have been ahead of america in episode because the uk saw watts with wattson about a month before america because america stopped showing them!

ChaosMage
15th January 2005, 1:27 PM
And we'll be catching up with episodes by the time the Lombre episode airs! We've got the Delcatty one tomorrow, and the contest will be soon after!

Torkoal Stu
15th January 2005, 2:08 PM
And we'll be catching up with episodes by the time the Lombre episode airs! We've got the Delcatty one tomorrow, and the contest will be soon after!

i know it gonna be great! love seening eps before america because they get everything else first and we are ahead in yu-gi-oh eps!

Sharpshooter
15th January 2005, 8:11 PM
well sky movies showed pokemon 2 and 3 recently! also we were have been ahead of america in episode because the uk saw watts with wattson about a month before america because america stopped showing them

Really?! When?! I've been trying to catch the 2nd movie for quite a while now but I can't ever seem to find it lol.

Last I heard channel 5 had the rights to the 2nd movie, but there's been no cigar from them either.

Factory Head Noland
15th January 2005, 11:28 PM
Channel 5 actually showed "Pokemon: The First Movie" not so long ago, I was happy to see it again ^_^ It rox!

Torkoal Stu
16th January 2005, 6:52 AM
Really?! When?! I've been trying to catch the 2nd movie for quite a while now but I can't ever seem to find it lol.

Last I heard channel 5 had the rights to the 2nd movie, but there's been no cigar from them either.

it has gone now, it was about 4 months ago which isn't too long ago!

ChaosMage
16th January 2005, 8:12 AM
Shouldn't ITV have it? Wait, no, they don't deserve it!

Torkoal Stu
16th January 2005, 9:07 AM
Shouldn't ITV have it? Wait, no, they don't deserve it!

don't sound cruel! but yeah!

ChaosMage
16th January 2005, 9:44 AM
ITV have screwed pokemon over a few too many times! They've skipped big chunks of episodes, cancelled it's slot many times and make it out to be for babies! I hate them!

Torkoal Stu
16th January 2005, 10:14 AM
ITV have screwed pokemon over a few too many times! They've skipped big chunks of episodes, cancelled it's slot many times and make it out to be for babies! I hate them!

good point

Sharpshooter
17th January 2005, 11:32 AM
It's even more unfortunate when there's a large number of Pokémon fans who don't get access to Sky and ultimatley rely on ITV for their source of Pokémon.

When was the last time ITV showed it exactly?

Torkoal Stu
17th January 2005, 5:15 PM
It's even more unfortunate when there's a large number of Pokémon fans who don't get access to Sky and ultimatley rely on ITV for their source of Pokémon.

When was the last time ITV showed it exactly?

september (yep it was september)

MaskedManAbsolkid
17th January 2005, 5:20 PM

The first three movies were shown.

And I may be wrong, but I think Serebii is from the UK.

They should show a movie. Japan have 8, while the UK have 4, and the US will soon have 7! Totally unfair!

pitcher_ross
17th January 2005, 5:34 PM
Just detracting slightly from the point here, what games have been released in America so far. I know Fire Red and Leaf Green have, Diamond ans Pearl are released soon, Ruby & Sapphire have, has Emerald? What exactly is Emerald, is it equivilent to Crystal when God and Silver were released? Finally, which games have been released in the UK?

ChaosMage
17th January 2005, 6:49 PM
We've had all the same ones as America so far. But I think they get Emerald a month or so before us.

Sharpshooter
18th January 2005, 5:31 PM
Just detracting slightly from the point here, what games have been released in America so far. I know Fire Red and Leaf Green have, Diamond ans Pearl are released soon, Ruby & Sapphire have, has Emerald? What exactly is Emerald, is it equivilent to Crystal when God and Silver were released? Finally, which games have been released in the UK?

All games that have been released in America have also been released in the UK. Pokémon Green is the only one that hasn't been released in the UK, but that wasn't released in the US either, just Japan.

Emerald is due to be released on the 25th of April this year, with UK to be expecting it around june-august time (possible birthday present! :D)

ChaosMage
18th January 2005, 6:11 PM
I'm getting Emerald for my birthday (and a DS)

Sharpshooter
22nd January 2005, 2:10 PM
Does anyone know if Johto's ever gonna be played on Sky again? I'm thinking of getting some DVD's now because of that. They might begin to show it within the next sixth months on Toonami, but it's not well edited.

What DVD's do people own here anyway? Quality-wise what are they like? Anyone got stuff from America? (i.e. NTSC region 1 DVD's)

Lupin
23rd January 2005, 3:09 PM
Ok, I may be wrong about this but I thought I'd put it up anyway. I have just checked the info for next weerks episode (as I do every week) and it isn't a new one. Its gone back to the Plusle and Minun episode where that kid wants to be trained by Ash.

Whats going on?

Factory Head Noland
23rd January 2005, 3:54 PM
So no "Disguise Da Limit"?!?!?!

I just looked and it says "What You Seed Is What You Get"...what's going on?!?!?!

I'm going to write Sky a very nasty email about this!! Can I sue them?? lol.

Sharpshooter
23rd January 2005, 4:05 PM
We wont be able to upgrade our Sky till thursday, so I missed about a weeks worth of Pokémon lol.

No "Disguise Da Limit!"? Typical, Sky usually play new episodes for a certain while, and then start back to the beginning again of that particular season. However when they start at the beginning they usually play the episodes once each day, and then by the time we get to Disguise Da Limit!, we'll more new episodes to follow on the days after, bit like what happened during half term last october. Not my preference now, I'd be much more happier if they were to play one new episode a week, instead of this disorganised scheduele.

Go Pokemonisgr8! Email them, make our feelings known that it should be one episode a week, not the wait a while and play new episodes all at once sort of thing lol.

Factory Head Noland
23rd January 2005, 5:23 PM
Email...........done! Very strongly worded lol.

Maybe it's just for one week because I remember when we first got Pokemon Advanced (which was before the US by the way! mwhahaha) after the episode "Tree's A Crowd", Sky One Mix (as it was called then) was suppose to go to the next episode but the next Sunday they went back to "Get The Show On The Road" for some unknown reason and the week after that they went onto "A Tail With A Twist".

"Get The Show On The Road" being the first episode of Pokemon Advanced and "What You Seed Is What You Get" being the first episode of Pokemon Advanced Challenge, maybe that's what has happened....well I HOPE that's what's happened....

Sharpshooter
24th January 2005, 3:26 PM
Guys - This isn't a one off I'm afraid. The week after next, i.e. for the sunday 6th Feb shows "Love at First Flight!". Something tells me there gonna keep doing this till easter holidays, and then play all the new episodes all at one time while schools out, like what they did with the wait for last half term during October.

We're talking perhaps as late as April here before we get to see some new episodes.

Factory Head Noland
24th January 2005, 10:18 PM
Email back!!

Thank you for your e-mail about the series "Pokemon".

Unfortunately, Sky One has no plans at present to broadcast the episode "Disguise Da Limit". It may be that this episode is not suitable for viewing at 10.00am. However, your interest in this has been noted and passed to Sky One for their information.

Many thanks for your interest in Sky.

Kind regards

Christina Rocca

Viewer Relations

I don't like her tone.....

OMG we had better get new episodes soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Factory Head Noland
25th January 2005, 7:43 PM
Sorry for the double post but I email Sky again asking why they stopped new eps and...

Thank you for your e-mail about Pokemon

I can confirm that new episodes from Year 7 commence on the 21/03/05 broadcasting Mondays to Friday from 8am.

Thank you for your interest in Sky One programming.

Kind regards

John Smith
Viewer Relations

March?!!?!?!!? I hate Sky!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharpshooter
25th January 2005, 8:11 PM
Told ya, they just continue to play repeats until they get a set of new episodes, say about 10 or so, and then play them all at once, expect this to be the last until season 7 (or year 7 as they call it) is finished. Presumably this is to be scheduled deliberately for the Easter holidays, Sky really do think this is entirely a kids thing, so they'll advertise the hell out of it in order to compete against other networks during the "skools out" period.

Unfortunate, but that's Sky, they've been doing this since Pokémon first aired way back in 1998 lol. Oh you need to change you sig by the way :P

pitcher_ross
26th January 2005, 8:35 AM
John Smith eh? That's probably just a code name!!

Never mind really, we just have to wait a while to see them all at once. Its a bit like that bus saying: you wait ages for 1 then they all come along!

Looks like we'll just have to be patient. *sigh*

Lupin
26th January 2005, 7:08 PM
Sorry for the double post but I email Sky again asking why they stopped new eps and...

March?!!?!?!!? I hate Sky!!!!!!!!!!!

Your not serious. We have to wait till MARCH for new episodes. What the hell are they playing at?

26th January 2005, 7:19 PM
Wtf???? March!!!!

I Cant Wait That F****** Long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I Hate To Know How Long It Is Till We Get The 5 And 6th Movie Never Mind The 7th!!!!

F*** You Skyone!!!!

Sharpshooter
26th January 2005, 7:52 PM
Movies will probably never get aired here, definately not on any of the Sky movies channels anyway, our only hope is Toonami.

Tenner says some idiots gonna post a new topic saying "OMG No New Episodes On Sky this week!!!111!11!" instead of looking at this thread.

kingboo30
26th January 2005, 10:58 PM
Well the U.S. was playing 2 episode per week(One on sat. and that one again on Sun. and a new episode on that same day) Now I think they are now just playing 1 a week, and the U.S just played Destiny Deoxys! Then it will play "taking the lombre home!"

Lupin
27th January 2005, 3:40 PM
Movies will probably never get aired here, definately not on any of the Sky movies channels anyway, our only hope is Toonami.

Tenner says some idiots gonna post a new topic saying "OMG No New Episodes On Sky this week!!!111!11!" instead of looking at this thread.

Well they don't know to look in this thread do they. And they would properly say it in the Episode Discussion section anyway (bringing up the episode and saying why isn't it being shown)

DarkDeoxys
27th January 2005, 3:41 PM
no more new eps til march!!!

im p***ed off now

Sharpshooter
27th January 2005, 3:45 PM
Well they don't know to look in this thread do they. And they would properly say it in the Episode Discussion section anyway (bringing up the episode and saying why isn't it being shown)

You would have thought "What's Up With Sky One?!" might have been a clue as to what's being discussed lol.

Lupin
27th January 2005, 6:23 PM
You would have thought "What's Up With Sky One?!" might have been a clue as to what's being discussed lol.

I have to say though that when I created this thread, I had no idea that we would be bringing together all of the british members who want to b***h about Sky One :).

pitcher_ross
30th January 2005, 7:48 PM
Well, my half term begins on the 14-18th of Feb, so including the Saturday and sunday before and after, the dates are actually the 12-20th. I've just checked mydigiguide, and there is no Pokémon on the 12th, instead for all Yu-Gi-Oh fans (not me), there is an entire morning of episodes from 7:00 to 9:00.

I'll check tomorrow when Sunday the 13th is added, and hopefully they'll have a similar morning. This is the one half term when I'm not revising for exams, so they'd better do something good.

Sharpshooter
30th January 2005, 8:48 PM
To view mydigiguide to the extent you did, you have to pay, and you did?

I just www.radiotimes.com myself, simpler :p

Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokémon are neck and neck in terms of ratings in both the UK and US(infact Pokémon was on later in the morning that Yu-Gi-Oh, that would suggest Pokémon is popular as it's allowing people to get up later), so for Yu-Gi-Oh to have 2 hours on saturday must mean we'll have two hours on sunday. Sky have always played Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokémon out fairly, so I cant see why they'd prioritise just for Yu-Gi-Oh over half term.

pitcher_ross
31st January 2005, 8:56 AM
Interesting, they've also done the same on Sunday the 13th, with another Yu-Gi-Oh morning.

No, I didn't have to pay. Go to mydigiguide.com, and in the top right hand corner choose the very bottom option (which should already be selected) of mydigiguide TV listings, and then type in Pokémon or Simpsons (any show on Sky One really, unless you want to find other channels), then click on the option 'Sky One' in the listing results. Then use the drop down box in the top left hand corner to choose the day. Not a penny spent!

Lupin
3rd February 2005, 6:53 PM

I just www.radiotimes.com myself, simpler :p

Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokémon are neck and neck in terms of ratings in both the UK and US(infact Pokémon was on later in the morning that Yu-Gi-Oh, that would suggest Pokémon is popular as it's allowing people to get up later), so for Yu-Gi-Oh to have 2 hours on saturday must mean we'll have two hours on sunday. Sky have always played Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokémon out fairly, so I cant see why they'd prioritise just for Yu-Gi-Oh over half term.

I like them both, but I do prefare pokemon loads more and wish they'd play that instead. I can't believe that we have to wait till March to see Treeko evolve.

Sharpshooter
7th February 2005, 3:41 PM
Unfortunatley there's no episodes on Sky for the following week after (that being 19th and 20th of feburary).

Yu-Gi-Oh get's it's fair share and we don't. Gits.

Geki
7th February 2005, 9:09 PM
The UK and Australia are both not getting new episodes for some reason, only the US and Japan are. I live in the US, and were already up to Gulpin It' Down and Exploud and Clear.

Factory Head Noland
7th February 2005, 9:50 PM
Have you seen Sunday and Monday on Sky One and Sky Mix??? It's creppy Yu-Gi-Oh all morning! It sux! (As does Y-G-O!). Where's the Pokemon exactly? WHERE IS THE POKEMON?!?!?

Man, I miss Johto...

Sharpshooter
13th February 2005, 7:31 PM
Oh by the way "Let Bagons Be Bagons!" is to air on saturday the 27th of feburary on both Sky One and Sky One Mix.

Yeah I know, like that's great news.....

13th February 2005, 7:39 PM
stuid sky one.......

i have to go to Nick just to see Yugioh!!

show new eps sky one!!

i hate them soo much!

Blazing Charmander
13th February 2005, 9:25 PM
I am missing new episodes. I hope that Sky One start airing them soon. We're falling way behind.

Oh well. At least i still have Waking the Dragons to watch on Nick until PAC starts airing again.

Factory Head Noland
13th February 2005, 9:27 PM
Have you seen the ammount of Y-G-O on Sky One and Sky Mix this week!?!?!?! There's about 6 episodes a DAY! And yet no Pokemon!
Y-G-O is one of the worst shows EVER!

Sky One is unfair! Bring on the Pokemon! I don't think we get new eps of Advanced Challenge until the 21st March! Shocking...

KasumiSatoshi<3
13th February 2005, 9:34 PM
Man, I miss Johto...

Agreed. This is definately not living up to my standerds as a stellar season, teh plot's kinda dying off... SOS? ;222;

Factory Head Noland
13th February 2005, 9:38 PM
Exactly! Hardly anyone misses Johto, I think Johto was the best region so far.

It had:
1) The best Pokemon (Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Noctowl, Totodile etc.)
2 The best storylines (Lugia saga etc.)
3) It was long (many, many episodes)
4) The battles were awesome (Silver Conference etc.)
5) Every Gym battle was great (Falkner, Whitney etc.)

Also Johto didn't bore me as Hoenn sort of is (sort of!).

Lupin
14th February 2005, 10:25 AM
Exactly! Hardly anyone misses Johto, I think Johto was the best region so far.

It had:
1) The best Pokemon (Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Noctowl, Totodile etc.)
2 The best storylines (Lugia saga etc.)
3) It was long (many, many episodes)
4) The battles were awesome (Silver Conference etc.)
5) Every Gym battle was great (Falkner, Whitney etc.)

Also Johto didn't bore me as Hoenn sort of is (sort of!).

Most of the reasons you have suggested are the reasons why people didn't like Johto.

1.) I agree that some of Ash's Johto pokemon were alright, but I prefare his Kanto and Hoenn.
2.) It was long because about 75% of them were fillers. There wasn't hardly any storyline at all to contribute to Ash's training or the Johto league.
3.) The Hoenn battles (both Gym and otherwise) were better because Ash was a better trainer and came up with great battle strategies to win.

Sharpshooter
15th February 2005, 10:30 PM
Johto was a fantastic region, I'd enjoyed most of the fillers, and not to mention the gym battles were awesome too. The only disappointing aspect was the tournament, cause Ash beat Gary lol.

"The Princess And The Togepi" is to air one day after on sunday (27th february), then that's it until next weekend it appears.

Anyone see the amount of Pokémon Toonami is putting on?! They're starting to air 8 episodes a day, neat stuff!

Factory Head Noland
15th February 2005, 10:42 PM
Anyone see the amount of Pokémon Toonami is putting on?! They're starting to air 8 episodes a day, neat stuff!

I know! There are many many episodes which I'm happy about.
When do you think they will start airing season 3?

Sharpshooter
15th February 2005, 10:48 PM
When do you think they will start airing season 3?

God knows, hopefully sometime before summer. If they intend to play this many episodes then surely they must also know that people are going to become bored at some stage of the current episodes.

I'm gonna email Sky about airing Pokémon back at 5 in the moring again, and this time ask if they plan to do Johto, or at least the remainder of the Orange Islands this time round. What's their email address?

Factory Head Noland
15th February 2005, 10:56 PM
viewerr@bskyb.com

I emailed them about airing seasons 3, 4 and 5 but they said they have no future plans at this moment in time to air them...I mean who really watches Dr. Phil at 4 o'clock on a weekday afternoon exactly?!

pitcher_ross
21st February 2005, 8:58 AM
Next week on Saturday, Channel 4 are showing another 100 greatest program, this time it's the 100 greatest Cartoons.

Does anyone have any initial predictions about what will be number 1 or where Pokémon will be?

I think it's fairly obvious that the Simpsons will be number 1. I'm not sure if Pokémon will even be in the top 100.

Sharpshooter
21st February 2005, 9:04 AM
Pokémon's on the list, VOTE NOW!! :D

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/cartoons/vote.html

Don't know where it'll come, there are 105 cartoons listed here, all it has to do is beat 5 cartoons and it'll get a shout!

Lupin
21st February 2005, 9:32 AM
Next week on Saturday, Channel 4 are showing another 100 greatest program, this time it's the 100 greatest Cartoons.

Does anyone have any initial predictions about what will be number 1 or where Pokémon will be?

I think it's fairly obvious that the Simpsons will be number 1. I'm not sure if Pokémon will even be in the top 100.

They've already done the 100 greatest cartoons. Simpsons DID win it and Pokemon came I think in the top 50.

pitcher_ross
21st February 2005, 10:23 AM
They've already done the 100 greatest cartoons

No, they did 100 Greatest Cartoon Characters, Homer Simpson was number 1, remember? I think Pikachu was there somewhere.

EDIT: The program I was thinking of was the 100 greatest TV characters, when Homer Simpson won. See: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/tv_characters/results.html

They also did the 100 greatest kids tv shows, Pokémn was 73 and Simsons was 1. See: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/kidstv/results.html

I've voted - really glad to see Wallace and Gromit there, The Snowman and Wacky Races there, I love these!

Lupin
21st February 2005, 7:09 PM
No, they did 100 Greatest Cartoon Characters, Homer Simpson was number 1, remember? I think Pikachu was there somewhere.

EDIT: The program I was thinking of was the 100 greatest TV characters, when Homer Simpson won. See: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/tv_characters/results.html

They also did the 100 greatest kids tv shows, Pokémn was 73 and Simsons was 1. See: http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/kidstv/results.html

Ok whats the difference between 100 Greatest Cartoons and 100 Greatest Kids Shows. Its the same thing practically. The only difference is that you can include cartoons made for adults (South Park for example)

Sharpshooter
21st February 2005, 8:06 PM
Ok some listings for march:

Saturday the 5th of March:

Sky One - The Princess And The Togepi! - 7:30am

Sky Mix - The Princess And The Togepi! - 10:00am

Sunday The 6th Of March:

Sky One - The Princess And The Togepi! - 5:20am

Sky One - A Togepi Mirage! - 7:30am

GMTV - (episode unknown for now) - 8:25am

Sky Mix - A Togepi Mirage! - 10:00am

Yes GMTV is to begin airing pokémon again finally.

Factory Head Noland
21st February 2005, 9:08 PM
I hope that GMTV air Johto, I haven't seen Johto on TV in ages. Didn't they stop airing Pokemon in Master Quest? Maybe they will air the rest of it but they may go onto Advanced.

Sharpshooter
21st February 2005, 9:10 PM
I last episode GMTV aired I believe was "Brave The Wave", which of course is in the advanced season, not sure if they'll pick up from it though.

Anti-Richie
21st February 2005, 9:27 PM
GMTV only aired Master Quest up to Espeon Not Included, but they did air the rest of season 5 on GMTV2 (on ITV2).

Pokémon Advanced didn't make it onto GMTV2, so that last episode aired really was Brave The Wave. They didn't even air the first 10 or so Silver convention episodes either, so in all only 18 episodes were broadcast by GMTV last year. It really is a waste of money, if they purchased the whole season and didn't show it.

Good news that they are finally airing Pokémon again. My guess is it will be the start of season 7.

Sharpshooter
22nd February 2005, 6:31 AM
My guess is it will be the start of season 7.

Oh god I hope not. Sky constantly play's episodes from season 7 all the time now, I don't get to see anything else, and also because I have them all taped anyway. So let's just hope it's somewhere in season 6, perhaps the aftermath of "Brave The Wave".

pitcher_ross
24th February 2005, 8:46 AM
Yes GMTV is to begin airing pokémon again finally

That's not a good thing!!!

I think they will start from Series 7 - just because its the latest season.

Sharpshooter
24th February 2005, 1:30 PM
Oh by the way I have some information regarding the Johto saga.

Dear Tom

Thank you for your e-mail about the programme Pokemon.

Unfortunately, we no longer have the rights to years 1 and 2, but year 3 will be played before the end of the year, however, there is no specific date at the moment.

Thank you for contacting Sky.

Kind regards

Donald McLean

Viewer Relations

Yeah great Rush-job. Before the end of the year probably means Christmas lol.

I think "year 3" might mean the Johto Journeys as well as the conclusion of the Orange Islands saga, since on two occasions they stopped at "Charizard Chills".

Unfortunatley that means the end to Kanto for Sky, you'll have to watch Toonami for those now. And possibly the end of movie rights for the time-being as well, since they totally ignored that question.

pitcher_ross
24th February 2005, 6:59 PM
Wow, i'm really surprised that they'll never show the first or seconds series again - I much preferred these to Johto, short and to the point I felt.

I guess we know now why they were screening them in the morning at 5:00.

I thought they would have brought the rights to the series' outright?

Sharpshooter
25th February 2005, 3:35 PM
Obviously not because as it seems to be less of a priority to Sky now unfortunately, especially with all that Yu-Gi-Oh bollocks being played like there's no tomorrow :rolleyes:

I was hoping they would have some movie rights, but it looks like we're just gonna have to buy those instead I reckon.

Lupin
25th February 2005, 10:47 PM
Unfortunatley that means the end to Kanto for Sky, you'll have to watch Toonami for those now. And possibly the end of movie rights for the time-being as well, since they totally ignored that question.

I was going to say that I think that Toonami owns all the rights to those seasons.

Factory Head Noland
25th February 2005, 11:00 PM
In one of the many e-mails I have sent them they replied saying that.

I think they have the rights to seasons 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. I hope they play seasons 3-5 soon...

pitcher_ross
11th March 2005, 3:47 PM
Are you sure that Pokémon is on the 21st, only I've just checked mydigiguide and it's not there?

Sharpshooter
12th March 2005, 12:23 AM
Yeah my radiotimes guide says the exact same, it doesn't appear to have any infomation on it, I'll email them over the weekend to see what the story is.

pitcher_ross
14th March 2005, 7:57 PM
OK, I've checked mydigiguide again, and it appears that Sky One are waiting until Good Friday (the 25th) for Disguise Da Limit, and the 26th is Taking the Lombre home.

Sunday the 27th is True Blue Swablu.

Will update for the next ween as soon as possible.

Torkoal Stu
14th March 2005, 8:08 PM
OK, I've checked mydigiguide again, and it appears that Sky One are waiting until Good Friday (the 25th) for Disguise Da Limit, and the 26th is Taking the Lombre home.

Sunday the 27th is True Blue Swablu.

Will update for the next ween as soon as possible.

Yeah! Thats what there doing! Because of holidays ect! But it isn't this week! For Sure!

Factory Head Noland
14th March 2005, 8:17 PM
I got the date as the 21st but they must have changed it...

What a stoooopid place to stop airing new episodes at, the MIDDLE of Contest episodes in a totally random place! I just have one question...WHY DID THEY DO IT?!?!

Torkoal Stu
14th March 2005, 8:23 PM
I got the date as the 21st but they must have changed it...

What a stoooopid place to stop airing new episodes at, the MIDDLE of Contest episodes in a totally random place! I just have one question...WHY DID THEY DO IT?!?!

It's what they do with Yu-gi-oh stop in the middle of a duel! Or stop in the middle of a battle in Pokemon! I want to see skitty again! But they stopped showing Yu-gi-oh now why?

Sharpshooter
14th March 2005, 11:27 PM
Yeah says it begins 25th of March on the radiotimes guide too. In addition, where I live, a local channel plan's showing the third movie as a treat for easter on the 24th.

To catch up with the Americans as of current, it'll take up to a week (2nd of April) to get Love, Petalburg Style! which was shown recently in the states. And not to mention they'll have another 2 new episodes by the time that's done. So in practise, if Sky play's enough episodes this time round, we could actually go past them lol.

Lupin
15th March 2005, 7:31 PM
To catch up with the Americans as of current, it'll take up to a week (2nd of April) to get Love, Petalburg Style! which was shown recently in the states. And not to mention they'll have another 2 new episodes by the time that's done. So in practise, if Sky play's enough episodes this time round, we could actually go past them lol.

Which will be a first :)

Mind you, we do get the new Harry Potter book before them due to the time difference

Hound_of_Doom
15th March 2005, 8:38 PM
Hmm, and Sky One's showing Gulpin It Down on the Monday, so it looks like I've got at least a week of new Pokemon episodes for Easter =D

MidnightScott
15th March 2005, 8:47 PM
Harry Potter is by J.K. Rowling, an English woman...she lives in England, thats why you got it first...I'm not into that stuff though. Oh well, can't wait for Ash's 5th Gym Battle! ^_^

-Scott-;229;