PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Rebellion

CelestialAbsol
19th July 2008, 9:23 PM
You know what I'm talking about. The situation where your Pokemon does not obey your commands. I was wondering if there was a page on Serebii.net that details this subject. And, if not, if anyone knows EXACTLY what brings about Pokemon Rebellion.

I already know they will rebel if they are a trade-over and are above the level your Gym Badges can handle (lvl 45 Pokemon when you can only control up to lvl 30). But what I'm wondering is if they will rebel if they were your Pokemon to begin with. Like, I have a Lvl 30 Gym Badge, and somehow manage to raise a Pokemon to level 50 or higher. Will they start to rebel?

Also, I was wondering, if I were to, say, trade a Pokemon to another version of the game (we're talking Diamond & Pearl here) raise the Pokemon to a really high level, then trade it back. Would the Pokemon be rebellious then?

I'd really appreciate the information.

;359;

Cousin_Dan
19th July 2008, 9:30 PM
Its simple if you own a pokemon that is a higher level than your badge allows it will disobey you whether you traded or not.

CelestialAbsol
19th July 2008, 9:35 PM
Its simple if you own a pokemon that is a higher level than your badge allows it will disobey you whether you traded or not."High level" constitutes what? I've gotten up to 10 levels over the badge limit and no rebellious activity at all. I want the detailed answer, not the simple answer.

drshoes22
19th July 2008, 9:36 PM
From my experience, your own pokemon that you catch never rebel. I'm not sure what happens if you trade them and then get them back though

PsychedelicJellyfish
19th July 2008, 9:42 PM
Any Pokémon can rebel EXCEPT your starter, to the best of my knowledge.

Legend of Lucario
19th July 2008, 9:44 PM
Pokemon do not rebel if you are the OT (Original Trainer). However if you traded Pokemon with someone, that persons Pokemon if he was the OT will not obey you unless you have the badge allowing you to hold Pokemon at that certain level. Once you have collected all eight badges they will obey you no matter what but if you have five badges that allows you to have Pokemon level 50 and below then any Pokemon that you did not catch will not obey you if they are over 50

CelestialAbsol
19th July 2008, 9:50 PM
Pokemon do not rebel if you are the OT (Original Trainer).
THAT is what I thought. So that means I can trade Pokemon to my game where I've already got all eight badges, raise them to a high level, then send them back to get through the rest of the mission with ease.

Why would I cheat like this?

Because I'm in a hurry, and I'm being freakin' CRUSHED here... Apparently I made some bad choices with some of the Pokemon I selected... (*is going through Diamond*)

the master123
19th July 2008, 10:27 PM
I remember once on my pokemon gold my sandshrew wouldn't obey me.

SHUCKLE MAN
19th July 2008, 10:49 PM
I'm actually surprised at the lack of knowledge about this.

Only traded Pokemon can rebel against a trainer. They only rebel when they are higher than the level the badges allow the user to control. For example, until beating the 4th gym leader in all the games, all traded Pokemon higher than L.30 will 'rebel'. Once you beat the 6th gym leader, you can train traded Pokemon to L.50 perfectly before they started disobeying. The last badge allows you to train traded Pokemon to L.100. If you have no badges, the highest level you can train a traded Pokemon without it disobeying is L.10.

What does a Pokemon do when it 'rebels'? Those of us that have played Pokemonm Colosseum are familiar with the concept. They act like shadow Pokemon. The disobeying Pokemon may choose not to attack (the in-game text says 'It turned away' or 'It's loafing around', it may hurt itself in its confusion, it may fall asleep (this is the worst), it may choose to use a random move from it's moveset or it may use it's hold item (so you may end up with an Oran Berry or a Salac Berry being used at 3/4 health!). The Pokemon can use the move you ask it to use though. In my experience, the more the Pokemon is over its level limit, the less it uses the move you ask it to, and it eventually gets to the point where the move you select means nearly nothing, and you Pokemon is usually either asleep or attacking itself.

I think this is based of Ash's Charizard from the anime or something. Anyways, I think you should all get a traded Pokemon over the limit just to see what it's like. It's quite interesting.

Glacier99
20th July 2008, 2:13 AM
They won't rebel if you caught them.

MasterCharizard15
20th July 2008, 2:16 AM
Pokemon you caught will never rebel.
Even if its at level.100 and you have no badges!
Traded pokemon on the other hand will!
Also illegal Mew and Deoxys won't obey regardless.

CelestialAbsol
20th July 2008, 3:00 AM
Thanks for the replies. I have now proven the majority of comments to be correct. I raised a Croagunk from level 22 to level 50 (evolved into Toxicroak) in my Pearl game (which is where my Pokedex is at 480), then sent it back to Diamond (where I hatched it from an egg). It did not rebel.

Chansey hunter
20th July 2008, 6:44 AM
Yes, here is the details:
*Your starter pokemon will NEVER rebel so long as it is in your game
*Traded pokemon WILL rebel if you don't have the proper badge
*Pokemon you catch, as far as i know (and from experience on LG) will rebel if you don't have the appropriate badge
*Migrated poke's are the same as traded poke's when it comes to rebelling (if you trade them to a game that the player hasn't got all badges yet)

NOTE: for point 3: tyhe caught poke I tested this on was a Beedrill I caught and leveled to lvl 30 something (after getting cascade badge) it started to ignore orders and fall asleep etc.

firewall
20th July 2008, 6:58 AM
@mastercharizard15; you are wrong about the illegal mews being rebellious. I run the anti-hacking club (gts guardians) and we decided to test the theory as a way of distinguishing if the mew came from faraway island or was hacked. I tested it on a lv.9 cherish ball mew from the gts and it was totally obedient. Some illegal mews are hacked well enough to obey, we also tried with other hacked mews we found. so far no disobedience.

On topic; I never had a pokemon disobey me ever. I saw someone else have it happen when they sent a high level venusaur to crystal version, back in those days, and it would always use a move other than the one requested, sleep in battle or just plain ignore the trainer. This person didn't have any badges.

I assume pokemon you catch can become rebellious since the issue of levels vs. badges is always emphasized in the game booklet since gen1.

I would like to test it out though.

VampirateMace
20th July 2008, 7:04 AM
Pokemon rebelled more in the older games... If I recall right, even your starter would rebel in red/blue... I haven't really tested it in newer games...

Chansey hunter
20th July 2008, 7:41 AM
Pokemon rebelled more in the older games... If I recall right, even your starter would rebel in red/blue... I haven't really tested it in newer games...

Yeah i think you're right about the older games.
In all the games from Hoenn upwards, your starter will not rebel.
As for G/S/C i haven't tested them yet.

KetchupO
20th July 2008, 11:29 AM
But what I'm wondering is if they will rebel if they were your Pokemon to begin with. Like, I have a Lvl 30 Gym Badge, and somehow manage to raise a Pokemon to level 50 or higher. Will they start to rebel?
Yes. Even Pokemon you catch will rebel if their level is too high and you don't have the badge necessary to control them. It's happened to me xD

olivercorp
21st July 2008, 3:42 AM
If you manage to get your starter pokemon to lvl 100 when you cant handle it because it was your starter it will obey you...i know because i had lvl 30 badge with lvl 42 starter!! (charizard)

eonmaster_457
21st July 2008, 11:32 AM
pokemon you caught are like good old friends, and traded ones are just like normal friends, so we can compare it to real life.

SHUCKLE MAN
21st July 2008, 12:30 PM
Pokemon you can catch yourself (so you are the OT) never, ever rebel, whatever level they are, whatever badges you have, whatever game you're playing in.

Traded Pokemon can rebel, but only if they are higher than the level that your badges allow you to control.

Whether or not the Pokemon is a starter has nothing to do with it whatsoever.

XM77
21st July 2008, 12:42 PM
I'd like to add that ingame traded Pokemon, like Farfetch'd (Ch'Ding) and Mr. Mime (Mimien) in FR/LG, WILL rebel if they're above the level limit. I had this happening with the traded Hariyama (Makit) in Ruby once.

LightingKimba
21st July 2008, 12:46 PM
Of course. They don't belong to you, since the OT is different. I DID once test out on Yellow what happens if your pokémon go above level. None of them seem to rebel, not even Pikachu, yet Charmander did.

Hive Mind
21st July 2008, 2:37 PM
I say it depends on happiness.

ItachiUchiha902
21st July 2008, 3:44 PM
If you caught the Pokemon, they will NEVER rebel to you.

SHUCKLE MAN
22nd July 2008, 11:43 AM
It doesn't depend on happiness.

And in Yellow, I think Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle had you as the OT (I know that's not actually true, but they didn't get boosted EXP).

hobby
22nd July 2008, 1:16 PM
It has been pretty much the same in all the gens, I have been trading pokemon to other versions and raising pokemon well above level limits since gen 1 and it has always been the same, although I have never had my pokemon use it's held item
Simply if you are the OT you can raise it to level 100 with no badges and it will always obey you, no other factors matter

Shiny_Gible
22nd July 2008, 3:19 PM
Yeah, pokemon rebel only if they have a different OT and are above the badge limit. I remember I traded my friend a Wailord lv 44 for his starter when he just started Ruby, and it was all like "Wailord fell asleep!". I was so surprised then XD.

SHUCKLE MAN
22nd July 2008, 3:39 PM
My friend was struggling against Wattson in Emerald, so I traded him a L.41 Lairon, and he still lost because the Lairon didn't actually get to use Earthquake due to all the sleeping, confusion, turning away, etc.

AEROBLASTER
24th July 2008, 9:48 AM
Trading and other similar factors have no role in pokemon disobedience.

Will-powered Spriter
24th July 2008, 11:49 AM
If a pokemon rebels, these are the causes:

You are not the OT, and it is a higher level then what your gym badge allows. If you have no badge, this is lvl 10.

If it is hacked.
Back when I was about 10, I hacked myself a ton of legends with the encounter codes. The mew and deoxys would NEVER obey or attack, regardless of my 8 gym badges. HOWEVER, all the other hacked pokemon, including a tri-island warp code deoxys would obey. This is for FR and LG, I don't know about DP.

FYI, non of these hacks remain on my games.

Noheart
24th July 2008, 4:04 PM
If it's under your ownership ( originally ), it doesn't matter how high your Pokémon's level is. The only Pokémon that rebel against you are traded ones.

Hive Mind
24th July 2008, 10:48 PM
If the Pokemon loves you, it will always obey you. It will obey no matter what if it is in the level limit. The higher level it is, and the more it hates you, the higher the chance it will not do what you tell you to do, and a higher chance of doing obscure non-moves, like falling asleep, getting itself confused, etc.

CelestialAbsol
24th July 2008, 11:24 PM
This thread should be closed. I've long since completed the mission that involved raising my own Pokemon above my badge limit.

They were caught/hatched by my Diamond trainer, transferred to Pearl, raised to level 50, fully evolved, send back, and did not disobey at all. No signs of rebellion whatsoever.

So the statements that, as long as you are the original trainer, they won't rebel, are all correct. It seems that only traded Pokemon rebel.

Thank you for your assistance.

Incidentally, it would seem that, in Diamond and Pearl, you can send Pokemon that are out of the Sinnoh Pokedex range (not on the list) to a D/P game that does not have the National Dex yet. As compared to the GBA games, where you are blocked from doing so.

My Diamond team is Empoleon, Honchkrow, Frostlass, Metagross, Toxicroak & Shiftry.
Frostlass, the Beldum line, and the Seedot line are all non-native Sinnoh Pokemon, and yet I was still able to send them to my Diamond game before I got the National Pokedex.