PDA

View Full Version : The Theme League

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

pirate555
26th August 2008, 12:55 PM
The Theme League
Welcome to the Theme League, a Serebii League that’s home to eight Gym Leaders and an Elite Four, as well as a host of regular challengers. We accept challengers and leaders of varied levels of battling skills.
The Theme League is so named because each Leader adheres to a theme that they have chosen themselves, whether it’s based on physical characteristics, types, names, etc. This can be beneficial for both challengers and leaders: Leaders can break out of monotype boundaries that can be difficult when addressing weaknesses, and challengers can battle imaginative teams that aren’t necessarily steeped in overused competitive battling pokes.

Whilst by defeating the League you can win rewards (currently a movie Darkrai and New World Lucario, generously donated by mew), it’s my hope that here you can also gain a greater sense of a battling community on Serebii, that often lacks in the individual battling threads.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk293/hetster33/TeamfeathersCustom.png
*Credit to Ken Sugimori for the images

0. Introduction
I. The Rules and Points of Interest
II. Thinking of becoming a leader?
III. List of Challengers, complete with total win counts.
IV. The Win Counts for this month (October competition)
V. The List of current leaders, see here for individual information for the Gyms
VI. Tournament for Leaders
VII. Frequently asked questions
VIII. Guess the Theme

0. Introduction

The Theme League is now Open! Serebii battlers can put forward a challenge, either by PMing leaders, or posting on this thread. Please specify which gym leaders you would like to fight first, so that we're aware of who's battling who.
You must defeat three gym leaders before challenging the elite four members. Anyone who defeats the entire theme league will get the prize:
Japanese Movie Darkrai (Level 100) , because I'm the generous sort!
And, generously donated by mew, a new world 08 Lucario!

I- Rules and Points of Interest

Welcome challengers! Pitch your challenge to this league and we'll take you on; here are some rules/points of interest:

-The first person to defeat all active members in the theme league wins a movie Darkrai, supplied by myself =P ;491;

-If you lose against a leader, you cannot rechallenge that particular leader for a week. Feel free to challenge other leaders though.

- You must defeat three Gym Leaders before challenging the elite four members. And just so you know, aside from the elite four, we're not in rank order, so don't necessarily except an easy challenge at Gym One . Apart from the Gym Leader/Elite Four boundary, you may challenge in any order.

-Follow the leader's rules! They're on the first post, if you have a query about their rules, PM them. Simple.

-I'll ask this, though I know it's not in my power. If things turn bad, please don't disconnect!

-Don't forget to claim your individual prizes if you beat a leader.

-If you want to make a full twelve battle challenge, I'll add you to the first post so the leaders are aware that you're around.

-If there is a gym spot not currently taken by a gym leader, then a defeat of all the active leaders still counts as an overall league win.

-Please try your utmost to avoid posting one-liners on the League Thread.

-Whether you win or lose, be a good sport :P We're all here to enjoy ourselves (I hope!)

-If you have any questions or concerns, you can post on this thread, or PM me - pirate555 - and I'll quite happily help you out.

II- Thinking of becoming a Leader?

No places currently available

III – Total Win Counts for current challengers

Femme Fatale: Win Count - 12 Leaders!
LordFeraligatr: Win Count - 8 leaders
"Freak owns": Win Count - 7 Leaders
Zog the Stout: Win Count - 5 leaders
CRAZIE GUY: Win Count - 2 leaders
Fireblast 10: Win Count – 2 leaders
Iggly: Win Count - 2 leaders
chimkong: Win Count - 1 leader
Cwidderb: Win Count - 1 leader
Doctor Is: Win Count - 1 leader
LucarioMan101: Win Count - 1 Leader
megatrainer:Win Count - 1 leader
napkin23: Win Count -1 leader
PokeCrossbow: Win Count - 1 leader
Shinydragonite179: Win Count - 1 leader
S.Bustathedog: Win Count - 1 leader
Vinyacoire: Win Count - 1 leader
PKMN WIFI BATTLER NICK: Win Count -
PsychicsRox: Win Count -
Pokewiz7o8: Win Count -
Drakai: Win Count –
LordCaedus: Win Count –
Raikou Fan: Win Count -
darkcrobat: Win Count -
flameswy: Win Count -
Rakki-Neko: Win Count -
SamuraiDragon1: Win Count -
Corpy: Win Count -
Lion Demon: Win Count -
Darkhonchkrow: Win Count -
Andrew1239: Win Count -
Goketsu: Win Count -
NightMarTheBook: Win Count -
Pikachu84: Win Count -
PikachuSam: Win Count -
old man: Win Count -
Andrew1239: Win Count -
Dusk Sweep 0x9: Win Count -
lpride21: Win Count -
heartless95: Win Count -
Crimson Loner: Win Count -
Stuberto100200: Win Count -
Manulja: Win Count -
DonDemio: Win Count -
AppleButter2: Win Count -

IV – The monthly win count for some competition yet to come.
The monthly win count for March is now being totalled! The challenger with the most battle wins under their belt by 31st March, wins a shiny Eevee with a Jolly nature, which I believe is untrained, though I'll double-check! There will also be a runner-up prize.

March Challenger Wins

V- The list of Current Leaders and their Gyms

The current Gym List is below:

Gym 1
Name: Mastadi
Friend Code: 5197 9725 6134
Gym Name: Heavy Weight Champions
Theme: Heavy pokemon (All my pokemon are 225 lbs or higher)
Leader's rules: Standard rules
Winner's Prize: The pre-evo of heaviest pokemon allowed in standard play, Metang, with IVs 27/31/27/X/31/31, Adamant Nature and Thunder Punch/Ice Punch/Trick/Icy Wind as it's moveset.

Gym 2
Name: The Baron of Fate
Friend Code: 0559 3332 7723
Gym Name: A different way to play, or the same old thing.
Theme: I have two.
Leader’s Rules: The challenger may face me once or twice. The first match is obligatory, against my trick room team. The second battle is optional, but you must fight this second battle if you wish to claim my gym's prize- a battle of the babies. A little cup battle.
If the challenger chooses to take on both battles:
~ They must win at least once, but must battle both teams, even if they win the first time.
~If they lose pathetically the second time, but win the first time, then they might not get the badge.
~Conversly, if they fail the first fight, but murder the second time, they might get the badge.
Standard rules for both.
a) For the Standard battle against my trick room team: No Deoxys, Garchomp, Platinum moves or Skarmory/Blissey/Cresselia combo. Lvl 100; no Ubers.
b) For the Little Cup battle: All pokes must be unevolved, but able to evolve, all pokes must be Lvl 5 or lower. These unevolved pokemon are not allowed in the Little Cup battle ~No Meditite, Tangela, Yanma, Syther, Sneasel, Rotom, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Gligar or Deepseatooth.
Winner’s Prize: A lvl one pre-evolution from anyone in my team.

Gym 3
Name:Ima_Penguin_95
Friend Code:2621-6665-0341
Theme:Lightning strikes twice.
I have two teams, one uses 3 electric types, with a pokemon which uses electric moves and a team which uses 3 normal types, with another pokemon who uses normal type moves. You must defeat both teams to claim your badge, however they do not need to be consecutive victories and you can decide which one to play first (you must use the same team against both teams)
Gym Name: Lightning Plains
Leader's Rules: Lv 100 Standard. YOU MUST USE THE SAME TEAM AGAINST BOTH TEAMS.
Winner's Prize: A bred member of my team (either), I can do some egg moves and any nature.

Gym 4
Name: Cousin Dan
Friend Code: 4854-7705-6762
Gym Name: Fun in the sun
Theme: Fight my Sunny Day team.
Leader's rules: Standard rules, no Ubers.
Winner's Prize: A Jolly Hoppip.

Gym 5
Name: VTUSH
Friend code: 5412 7659 0219
Gym name: Sinnoh Gym
Theme: 4th Generation
Leader's rules: 6v6 lv100 single, no ubers or legendaries allowed
Winner's Prize:lv1 eevee with wish and curse
Note to challengers: Can only battle on Friday/Saturday/Sunday

Gym 6
Name: Rodrigo
Friend code: 2492-5773-2282
Gym name: Pyrophoric Demise Gym
Theme: Currently- Mixed
Leader's rules: There will be two battles. The first one, a 6V6 level 100 double battle. The second one, a 6V6 level 100 single battle. No ubers. No legendary Pokémon. No hacked Pokémon.
Winner's Prize: Any starter, fossil, and maybe a shiny Pokémon.

Gym 7
Name: Zog the Stout (IGN: Anya)
Friend Code: 3824-1298-2121
Gym Name: The Hall of Claws
Theme: Dragons in Disguise
Leader's Rules: 6vs6 Lv100 Single. No Ubers, No Infernape
Winner's Prize: Baby version of any one of the pokemon you battled, with same moveset (where possible)

Gym 8
Name: Vinyacoire
Friend Code: 2922 4856 6227
Gym Name: Omnitype
Theme: Multitype (no, not Arceus)
Leader's rules: Challenger chooses five types for me NOT to use; the other twelve types will be represented in my team. And of course, Level 100 Single Battle with Standard Rules.
Winner's Prize: Egg or item of a beaten pokemon.

Elite Four - position I
Name: Femme Fatale
Friend Code: 3694 8742 1840 (in sig)
Gym Name: Delibird Cove
Theme: Poison-mono / Ice / Backwards
Leader's rules: Lv. 100 Single. Standard rules unless otherwise specified
Winner's Prize: Bagon - Modest (Egg move: Hydro Pump. TM moves: Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse), IVs: 31 / 17 / 19 / 31 / 31 / 31

Elite Four - position II
Name: Iggly
Friend code: 3180-2660-0622
Gym Name: Swarm Storm
Theme: Bug Pokémon
Leader's Rules: Standard, just dont bring repel.
Winner's prize: lvl 1 Bug poke with breed moves, your choice which.

Elite Four - position III
Name: SerenadeSP
Friend code: 1719 0461 0460
Gym name: Dual duel
Theme: Partner Battles
Leader's rules: 3 Double Battles using 2 pokemon each,the partnered pokemon used in each battle must have one of the following relationships;
-They must have the exact same typing(ex:Infernape & Blaziken)
-They evolve from the same pokemon(ex:Espeon & Umbreon)
-The game designed them to be partners(ex:Plusle & Minun) or rivals(ex:Zangoose & Seviper)
- No Ubers allowed.
--Champions must win 2/3 battles for their challenge to be considered a victory.
Winner's Prize: Timid Chimchar's with Overheat,Blaze Kick and Thunderpunch.

Elite Four - position IV
Name: Gotian
Friend Code: 5241 3959 8215
Elite Gym Name: Surprise Surprise
Theme: Different theme for each match (Roulette suprise / Solarburn Icy Hot / Gotian's wrath) See leader's rules for details.
Leader's Rules: There will be three battles, two must be won to succeed. You must retain the same team throughout these battles; however I will be changing mine each time. The battling rules for each theme/match are as follows:

Theme 1: 1st match, I choose 3 pokemon from my box and the opponent chooses 3 random numbers from my box for me to use those pokemon. 6 on 6 match standard rules, bliss/cress/skarm clause, no ubers. No Platinum moves.
Theme 2: 2nd match is the theme Solarburn Icy Hot. 1 uber is allowed for this match, the opponent will be allowed to switch for 1 uber on their team but the remainder of the team must stay the same.All other standard clauses apply, bliss/cress/skarm clause, and no stealth rock. No Platinum moves.
Theme 3: 3rd match Gotian's Wrath, There will be no cutsie pokemon on my team. Standard Clauses, no stealth rock, bliss/cress/skarm clause. No Platinum moves.
Prize: One of my specially bred pokemon from my team

VI - The Gym Leader’s March Challenge

The winner of this month's challenge among our twelve will win a shiny Exploud, level 66 - there will also, as with the challenger's competition, be a prize for the second-placed leader. Battles with challengers are counted, as well as battles against other leaders. Good luck!

March Leader's Win Count.

Current Leaderboard

VII – Frequently Asked Questions
These are questions that have been raised before by challengers:

“What are Standard Rules?”
Many Serebii battlers are already aware of this, but for those who haven’t come across the term before, or those who want to check the detail again, the list of Standard Rules can be found at this link ->
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=290790

"What Tiers can a challenger use in this League?"
Most gyms use standard rules and therefore accept pokemon from OU, BL and UU tiers. However, some gyms may accept Ubers, and some may omit individual pokes. Please check the individual gym leader information on this post before battling!

“What counts as an Uber?”
The list of Ubers that we adhere to is here ->
http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber
And yes, Garchomp is now on that list, so he counts as an Uber in the Theme League.

“I’ve already battled this leader recently outside of the Theme League and won, can I count it as a win for the League?”
Unless the Leader says that the win may count because it’s more convenient than a rematch, then you must battle again for the League. It is entirely up to the Leader’s discretion whether he/she faces you again; after all, they may not have been using their themed team at the time.

“What should I do if I have any concerns about the leaders?”
Post on the thread and/or ask them about it in a private message, or if it’s a more serious issue then contact me and I’ll consider what you have to say and deal with the problem at hand. This can range from concerns over inactivity, to Theme issues, rule breaking, etc.

“Are Platinum movesets allowed?”
You will need to consult the individual leaders here, many are fine with this, but some specifically disallow movesets from the new Platinum game.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk293/hetster33/TeamOrange-1.png
*Credit to Ken Sugimori for the images

VIII- Guess the theme
Just a small competition I thought I might run to make the league a little more interesting! Any leader or challenger who thinks they have the right answer can try. Today's 'Guess the Theme' has been thought up by Vinyacoire.

What links this themed team?

;182; ;062; ;034; ;475; ;135; ;113;

The prize is a level 51 distant land tropius. Post on the thread if you have an answer! Good luck =D

//Answer, by Gaias Hinuta: They all evolve using stones. Congratulations!

Thank you for visiting the Theme League today!
~Pirate~

goldfan
27th August 2008, 12:07 AM
Siging up as a challenger. Just so I can get that Regigigas, I'm assuming most of the leaders are still active?

EDIT: That makes me sound really stupid. I'm in it for the battles too, but I would like to take a look at Pokewisdomegiver's rules, they seem a little too much towards him winning. It like he doesn't want to lose. If i dont have kyogre or groudon I lose? effectively

mew..
27th August 2008, 1:01 AM
Alright, I'm offering the new world 08 lucario to whoever can beat the whole league, so can you add that to the first post?

BTW, new rules

: Mew..
1369-4797-1369
Weather and trick room, and a nice suprise.

I play 6 vs 6, singles or doubles depending on my team. My teams are picked by rolling a dice, so it's random which you get to battle. I will not accept hacks except legit hacks.

I do standards, and ubers.(one of my teams is uber, so if you get unlucky and get it, you can ask to change if you don't have an uber team)
My rewards are a random pokemon from the team you battled, picked by a dice.

Notes: my battling style is luck. I never know which team I will use. Since it's based on luck, you may face a different team every battle.

LordFeraligatr
27th August 2008, 6:48 PM
Do my previous victories still count ?
Still want to be a challenger - this is a great league !
Weebl33, Rodrigo and Cwidderb you up for challenges this weekend ?
if my previous victories still count - any of the elite four up for a challenge this weekend ?

pirate555
27th August 2008, 7:55 PM
Thanks Goldfan and Lord Feraligatr, I'll sign/resign you up =) I'm sending a PM to Pokewisdomgiver about the Theme League situation today as they haven't been active for a quite a long while, so I'll get back to you on that situation!
I can vouch that we have most of our gym leaders active, there are only a couple of shortfalls, and of them most are because 3 of our leaders have only started very recently.
LordFeraligatr, your previous victories definitely count, I had them saved, so I'll simply copy and paste them on the challenger list.
I'm updating your new rules now mew....A 'nice surprise' team? *Shows unbridled curiosity*
And finally congratulations to BDog1, who made it to the open gym place, Gym 3; welcome to the Theme League!
I will be able to take battles for a short time tonight, if anybody's interested in challenging me,
Pirate

Edit: Mew, I've tried to update your new rules as concisely as possible, have I left anything important out?

mew..
28th August 2008, 2:01 AM
well, you said they can change and use ubers, may want to rephrase that to

"you may ask for a different team, or play the uber team if you have a uber team."

So people don't get confused.

The suprise team is my main team, but i won't reveal it's theme until it's completed.

Gotian
28th August 2008, 7:43 AM
Ah man, why is it that every league is full on gym leaders or elite 4 members?

Anyways, since I cant join as a leader or E4 I would love to join as a challenger.

My name in game is Gotian just as it is here, my friend code is in my sig.

XxFal13N0n3xX
29th August 2008, 2:45 AM
eh, ill join as a challenger till my leader spot opens, my stuff in sig

"Freak" owns
29th August 2008, 9:35 AM
ive asked when i can have a battle and u havent imformed me yet

mew..
29th August 2008, 1:58 PM
I can battle most of these weekend, so if anyone wants to battle I'm free.

just pm me for the battle.

LordFeraligatr, I think we still have an un-attended battle we have to finish :D

pirate555
29th August 2008, 7:52 PM
Right, updates...
Changes to the leader list are being made now. Welcome to our newest Theme League leader, xxfallenonexx (mind if I type it like that?), who's taking over the position of Elite Four Member I. Welcome, and enjoy your time here!
"Freak owns", I'm adding you to the challenger list once more, I'm afraid most of the things that were being organised before the ending of the last thread weren't sufficiently followed up, which is probably why you never got a reply, sorry about that!
I'm going to struggle to find time to battle over the next day, maybe late this evening or early afternoon tomorrow I can battle. Otherwise, I'll be easier to find for a battle on Sunday =)
Thanks for challenging Gotian, I'll add you to the challenger list too, and if a new place comes up for a leader in the league (though we're almost fully active now), I'll make sure to contact you about it!
Pirate

Gotian
29th August 2008, 9:23 PM
Please let me know when we can start challenging. Im waiting anxiously as I train new teams, lol.

megatrainer
29th August 2008, 9:34 PM
i ll be a challenger and i would really want to battle gyms 6,7,1

Parchs
29th August 2008, 9:46 PM
i ll like to challegue the league just post me which gym i can fight in this days

King Of Darkrai
29th August 2008, 11:29 PM
I would love to beat this league..sign me up

VTUSH
30th August 2008, 12:05 AM
Parchs king of darkrai if you want to PM me for a gym battle now ill happily verse one of you so PM me now. Or anyone else for that matter

mew..
30th August 2008, 1:02 AM
could you copy and paste these rules? When they are shortened and such, it makes it hard to understand:

rules: 6 v 6 single or double, standard or uber, depending on the team- you may ask for a different team IF and only if you get the uber team, or play the uber team if you have an uber team of your own. Teams are picked by the rolling of a dice, and are therefore random.
prizes: a random pokemon from the team you battled, chosen randomly from the rolling of a dice.

johny2hai
30th August 2008, 2:50 AM
ill challenge this gym is gym 1 able 2 be challenged?

pirate555
30th August 2008, 10:02 AM
The current Gym situation is as follows:
Elite 4 position I and Gym 3 have only just been changed hands, and the new leaders do get a couple of weeks to prep if they need it, so they're inactive until then.
Gym 1 and Gym 6 have also recently changed leaders, however, they hopefully will open within the next few days.
Those who remember the earlier Theme League will remember that it had serious inactivity issues, so the overhaul of the gyms was due to that. Hopefully once the leaders are set up the League will be easier to challenge as a whole!

I've made all of the updates for leaders and challengers, welcome to the new challengers =) Seeing as there are quite a few challengers, I'll make myself available for a battle early this afternoon. Challengers can start their challenges whenever they like!
Pirate

VTUSH
30th August 2008, 10:48 AM
One challenger (parchs) has already veresed me just then and lost in a great battle. i'm on a 2 battle winning streak. LOL
anyone else cto challenge me before the day is out

Parchs
30th August 2008, 11:02 AM
Any gym leader that wanna fight with me just post me please, Weebl33, Rodrigo im ready post me

megatrainer
30th August 2008, 1:04 PM
i am ready to battle any of 1,6 or 7 gym leader(lucas,rodrigo or swidderb)

XxFal13N0n3xX
1st September 2008, 12:49 AM
PM me for E4 I battle

VTUSH
1st September 2008, 7:53 AM
Umm Fal13Non you can only battle the E4 if you have beaten three gym leaders and i don't see that you have on the first post. Only Lordfrelegatr

pirate555
1st September 2008, 11:11 AM
FallenOne's taken up the post of Elite Four Position I ^^ FallenOne, perhaps could you PM LordFeraligatr about his challenge? He's currently the only challenger who can battle you. Thanks!
I'm available for battles tonight, if you want to challenge. Also, if any challengers have a lot of trouble getting in contact with a leader, please let me know, so I can help sort it out =)
Pirate

Dracondix
1st September 2008, 2:19 PM
Um... I would like to challenge.

mew..
2nd September 2008, 2:01 AM
sorry i haven't been on much, but i haven't got much time to battle now that school started. I will be up for battles next weekend, or maybe tommorow if I get the chance.

Drakai
2nd September 2008, 12:27 PM
Please may I challenge the full 12 FC: 3780 6779 3500 name James

brntcookie
2nd September 2008, 1:53 PM
Can I please join/challenge? My FC is in my sig.

Drakai
2nd September 2008, 3:16 PM
Im ready for any challenges

Gotian
2nd September 2008, 3:22 PM
Anyone want to challenge me? Or any gym leaders I can challenge? I will be available to fight around 8pm tonight

Drakai
2nd September 2008, 4:17 PM
i will challenge you gothain my fc is 3780 6779 3500

pirate555
2nd September 2008, 5:37 PM
Unfortunately I can't battle challengers today, as I'm going out tonight. But look out for me tomorrow, I should be around!
Dracondix, Drakai and brntcookie, thank you for challenging =) I'll add you to the list of current challengers for the league.
Pirate

Cwidderb
2nd September 2008, 6:51 PM
ok i have decided to post on here as no one has pmed me about this yet so here goes...

I am open for battling for most of today, just Pm or post here,

thanks guys,
Cwidderb

Drakai
2nd September 2008, 8:30 PM
cwidderb i'll battle you now if that is ok

megatrainer
2nd September 2008, 8:44 PM
i want to battle cwiberb too!

Gotian
2nd September 2008, 8:44 PM
i will definately battle you when i get home, are we going to have specific rules, like no ubers?

Drakai
2nd September 2008, 8:50 PM
gotain can i have my arceus please? well, iff not i'll take out arceus and replace him with my himonlee k?

Gotian
2nd September 2008, 8:53 PM
no arceus, its not legal especially since its hacked. Even if it wasnt hacked It wouldnt be allowed, its too overly powerful

weebl33
2nd September 2008, 9:06 PM
weebl33 is here too,but may not be for long,in the electric leader btw,accepting all challengers ^^

Cwidderb
2nd September 2008, 9:14 PM
erm pirate i think the rules next to my name need rephrasing...

where it says legendaries allowed i meant no ubers but legendaries allowed.

I just had to sit by and watch a lugia rip through half of my entire team :P, congrats to Megatrainer i guess i will give you the victory because it didnt actually say no ubers even though i meant it.

anyone else probably have space for one more before i have to go.

phop
2nd September 2008, 9:30 PM
ill like to sign up as a challenger

IGN - paul
FC _ in sig

Gotian
3rd September 2008, 2:19 AM
im ready to battle anyone who wants to. So come on down.

Black Murder Heavangelon
3rd September 2008, 5:37 AM
To anyone who wants to challenge me, you will have to pm me that you want to challenge me. Only do so when I am online.

Drakai
3rd September 2008, 10:06 AM
lucas i'll fight u now if thats ok

Drakai
3rd September 2008, 10:12 AM
gotain ill battle you if lucas isn't i'll take my arceus and heatran out(because heatran has wonder guard) but can i keep my kyogre?

Drakai
3rd September 2008, 11:49 AM
Is anyone up for a battle i've got all day got to go at 4 (GMT)

Mandude
3rd September 2008, 12:14 PM
Put me down as a challenger, FC is in sig.

Drakai
3rd September 2008, 12:16 PM
mandude do u want a free battle i won't use hacks. btw arceus is legit. not hacked.

VTUSH
3rd September 2008, 12:19 PM
mandude do u want a free battle i won't use hacks. btw arceus is legit. not hacked.

Dude are you serious, do you think your arcues is legit?
Please don't tell me you hacked it because arcues can only be obtained via hacking.

Drakai
3rd September 2008, 12:31 PM
well it has a legit move set and i caught by going up to the hall of origin and blowin g the azure flute. also i have a darkai, shaymin, celebi, magma armour dexoys(GTS), jirachi(wonder guard GTS), shiny wonder guard mew (friend), the three dogs ho-oh, lugia, articuno, zapdos, moltres and a no guard mewtwo with OHKO moves.

VTUSH
3rd September 2008, 12:39 PM
well it has a legit move set and i caught by going up to the hall of origin and blowin g the azure flute. also i have a darkai, shaymin, celebi, magma armour dexoys(GTS), jirachi(wonder guard GTS), shiny wonder guard mew (friend), the three dogs ho-oh, lugia, articuno, zapdos, moltres and a no guard mewtwo with OHKO moves.

but you can't do that! The Event for arcues has not been released YET so it is impossible without hacking to get arcues. Also i'm pretty sure your shaymin is not legit, your wonder guard mew = hacked, magma armour deoxy = hacked, wonderguard jirachi = hacked, no guard mewtwo = hacked, who knows how many more hacked pokemon you've got sorry if you didn't know but you can't use them, it's better me telling you now before you go into a battle with them and get blacklisted.
Ok
i'm going to stop spamming this thread now.

Different note:

if anyone wants to set up a challenge with me this friday or weekend please pm me so we can set it up.

Drakai
3rd September 2008, 12:43 PM
i don't use any of them to win tournaments, i just use 'em for fun with my friends. on my trainer card the only other thing which is hacked is the heatran but i on ly use him for rock climb + defog. for other purposes (i.e battling i replace arceus and heatran with himonlee and metagross. (himonlee from my leafgreen and i got the beldum from my saphirre.)

Drakai
3rd September 2008, 12:45 PM
i will take out all my obvious hacked pokemon i have lots of legit hacked pokemon have have proper movesets and abilities.

Drakai
3rd September 2008, 1:15 PM
vtush if you want a list of hacked pokemon (including legits) the number is: 233 but i use about 10 of them for non competative battling but use afuuly legit team for tournaments.

JmH Reborn
3rd September 2008, 3:54 PM
Sign JmH as a challenger to this League...I hope the gyms are active...

megatrainer2
3rd September 2008, 4:01 PM
i have one badge and i want to challenge gym leaders 1 and 6(rodrigo and lucas)

Gotian
3rd September 2008, 5:36 PM
I was waiting last night for someone to fight me, but no one came online. Guess I will try again tonight. I will be on at 8PM

phop
3rd September 2008, 7:50 PM
just signed as a challenger yesterday, im lukin for a gym battle with any leader (ill be online for the next hour or so)

megatrainer2
3rd September 2008, 9:42 PM
i m looking for these two gym leaders where are they?

megatrainer2
3rd September 2008, 9:44 PM
i m looking for these two gym leaders where are they?

pirate555
3rd September 2008, 10:52 PM
Megatrainer, I just found this back a page posted by Black Murder Heavangelon:

To anyone who wants to challenge me, you will have to pm me that you want to challenge me. Only do so when I am online.
So try PMing him, hopefully that will work =)

Gotian, do you want to battle me tomorrow evening? I've not battled for a while, so I'm a little rusty, and I've not got time tonight.
JmH Reborn, Phop and Mandude, I'll add you to the challenger's list, enjoy your challenge!
Pirate

mew..
3rd September 2008, 11:48 PM
I'm just checking in, but tommorow i will be free for battles about this time.

So pm me around then.

Gotian
4th September 2008, 1:56 AM
Megatrainer, I just found this back a page posted by Lucas:

So try PMing him, hopefully that will work =)

Gotian, do you want to battle me tomorrow evening? I've not battled for a while, so I'm a little rusty, and I've not got time tonight.
JmH Reborn, Phop and Mandude, I'll add you to the challenger's list, enjoy your challenge!
Pirate

tomorrow at 8pm then? BTW I am available to battle anyone who wants to tonight, starting now

XxFal13N0n3xX
4th September 2008, 9:10 PM
open for all trainers that can challenge the E4

pirate555
5th September 2008, 9:06 AM
Gotian, you didn't seem to be online when I turned up (a little late) last night; but I can battle again on Saturday, or late tonight if you're around.
Does anyone else want to challenge me come Saturday?
Oh, and I have been banned from using the computer except for study purposes from Monday to Friday. Though I'll just step around the ban, it may mean I'm online a little less during the week,
Pirate

Black Murder Heavangelon
5th September 2008, 9:29 AM
I'm here to regrettably inform you all that I have been experiencng grave WiFi problems and won't be battling anytime soon.

Gotian
5th September 2008, 1:40 PM
pirate555 i will be available on saturday, tonight i have something to do. Next week might be a problem for me because hurricane Ike is going to hit over here on tuesday.

J-Double24
5th September 2008, 9:08 PM
Hm....i wanna sign up here, as challenger. My code and ign: John, 0430-6985-9335

mew..
6th September 2008, 2:07 AM
well, i can battle sunday night if anyone wants a battle.

Rodrigo
6th September 2008, 2:56 AM
Okay. I can only battle on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday because of school. But other than those restrictions, I'm good to battle. So challengers, well...challenge me!

Black Murder Heavangelon
6th September 2008, 9:39 AM
Coming back to tell you all that my WiFi is working again. With the exception of tonight, i will be available to battle whenever i'm online. Just remember, if you want to battle me and you see me online, there will be your chance.

ONLY if I'm online.

Gotian
6th September 2008, 6:04 PM
i am available for battling, if anyone is interested. My friend code is in my sig

pirate555
6th September 2008, 6:24 PM
Gotian: I've got to have tea in a bit, so to avoid the risk of having to cut the battle short, do you want to battle in an hour and a half or so?
J-Double24 - thanks for signing up! I'll add you to the challenger list, enjoy your time here.
Pirate

Ps. Good luck with Hurricane Ike, I really hope you miss the worst of it :s

Gotian
6th September 2008, 6:27 PM
sure i will be waiting like i am now, go to free battle. Im still reformating my team so this is a test run for what i have right now

johny2hai
6th September 2008, 10:20 PM
is gym 1 ready know?

pirate555
8th September 2008, 6:26 PM
I believe Rodrigo's now ready for battles, give him a PM and he may sort out a weekend battle. I'll give you a battle sometime too, just let me know what evenings you're free!

Just to let the leaders know, there's a challenger at Theme League HQ; I may try to persuade them to relocate here , but that might not be possible. For some reason Cwidderb, she's specifically challenged your battle thread first :P

Gotian, I have your winner's prize now, just let me know when you're available to get it - I'm aware that you might be sufffering some trouble from Ike, so I'll keep the bagon safe until you're ready to receive it ^^

Pirate

Gotian
8th September 2008, 8:03 PM
oh Ike missed us completely, it turned to cuba. Were getting really nice winds though. I wil be available around 8PM like always. So if anyone would like to battle around then that would be cool.

mew..
9th September 2008, 1:01 AM
Sorry, i was busy all weekend and couldn't battle like I hoped. Sorry people, but I can't battle until Thursday because of school.

Anyways, just checking in.

pipluppulpit
10th September 2008, 8:26 AM
This sounds like a great thing to do, but unfortunately I won't have lvl 100s for a while lol... will this league still be open after the competition is over? Or is the end of the competition the end of the league?

pirate555
10th September 2008, 8:45 AM
Nope, the league will continue after the first wining leader's challenge with a new first prize, and hopefully it'll keep running smoothly!
You don't necessarily need level 100s - You can always request to play with the wi-fi Level 100 battle mode, where your pokes are automatically raised to that level before battling. But if you don't feel ready to challenge yet, then don't worry! Come whenever you feel prepared.

I'll be available for battles tonight, as far as I know,
Pirate

mew..
10th September 2008, 2:11 PM
As far as i know, I can battle tonight and tommorow.

So if anyone wants to challenge me, I'm free tonight.

LordFeraligatr
10th September 2008, 4:13 PM
Mew, XxFal13N0n3xX, Weebl33, Black Murder Heavangelon, Rodrigo and Cwidderb you up for challenges this weekend ?

I'll PM you all as well, i'm in GMT time zone but will stay up late or get in early in order to battle you all.

Gotian
11th September 2008, 6:18 AM
i would love to battle anyone, im in eastern time zone and will be available all weekend. I want to fight more leaders specifically

pipluppulpit
11th September 2008, 9:06 AM
Nope, the league will continue after the first wining leader's challenge with a new first prize, and hopefully it'll keep running smoothly!
You don't necessarily need level 100s - You can always request to play with the wi-fi Level 100 battle mode, where your pokes are automatically raised to that level before battling. But if you don't feel ready to challenge yet, then don't worry! Come whenever you feel prepared.

There's a wi-fi Level 100 battle mode? Wow, I did not know that... do they retain their moves? I'm sorry if I shouldn't be posting this on the thread, anyone feel free to PM me about this. It's all very new to me o_O

Thanks for the help though!

Mandude
11th September 2008, 9:28 AM
Yes there is, all there moves, everything except their stats become boosted up to what they would be.
I may very well be off topic >.<

Femme Fatale
11th September 2008, 10:35 AM
I'll challenge ^^ didn't read anything specific on the first post about team retaining or posting so I'll assume I don't have to.

Any leader on now, I'll challenge first. Got a lot of work to do to catch up to the others =)

Xyden
11th September 2008, 12:17 PM
Same as above ^^

At least this is up and running unlike some other Leagues that are taking too long :/

So yeah anyone on to be challenged?

Cwidderb
11th September 2008, 8:05 PM
Just had an excellent game with Lordferaligator, Beat him by one HP !

pirate555
11th September 2008, 9:13 PM
Geez, that's close! Perhaps a battle worthy of putting in the HQ logs? :P
On the subject of our HQ, it's our 6 month anniversary (We actually made it that far...*blink* o_o) on Saturday, and I've got something small planned for that on HQ, so look out for it. It is small, but it's taken a bit of time to sort out...

Femme Fatale and Xyden, thanks for challenging! Would you like your names added to the challenger list? - It's not necesssary, but it's nice to have your win count posted somewhere on the thread.
As for your challenges, I'll be available for battles late tomorrow night, or Saturday afternoon/evening. Sorry I'm not easily available, it's been a busy first week back at college. Let me know when you're free! That applies to all the other challengers too,

Pirate

Gotian
11th September 2008, 10:42 PM
Last night I battled Black Murder Heavangelon and his gym and it went down to a 3v1 with me leading then with his last pokemon he was able to come back, it was a very good battle though I lost.

We had another battle for sport afterwards which went down to a 1v1 my gallade VS his darkrai and I managed to defeat him.

Pirate I would love to challenge you again if you have time this weekend also can you please answer my PM when you get a chance, thank you.

Vinyacoire
12th September 2008, 2:25 AM
Hey Pirate, good to see that you got the clan up and running again. I'm finally back on Wi-Fi and would like to be added to the challenger list. My gym team still isn't up and running (but I tested some of it and it didn't do too great anyway), so I suppose I'll try to catch up to LordFeraligatr's record...

pirate555
13th September 2008, 9:36 AM
Thanks Vinyacoire, I'll add you to the challenger's list, it's good to hear from you! And Gotian, I'd be happy to battle you again, perhaps I'll start covering my type weaknesses properly this time... :P

It's 6 months of Theme Leagueing today, so at HQ there's a small list of pokes I'm trading free to say thanks for your commitment; it applies to all the current leaders =) Alternatively you can PM me and ask for the list, if you prefer. Included are event celebis, mews and jirachis.

And to reiterate, I'll be available for battling later today!
Edit: This applies for today now too (Sunday)
Pirate

mew..
14th September 2008, 8:16 PM
I posted on it, :D

Anyways, I'm up for battles today and tommorow.

Darkhonchcrow
14th September 2008, 8:35 PM
Does Wobbafett and Garchomp count as ubers for challengers?

Gotian
15th September 2008, 4:19 PM
yes they do count as ubers, if they are on the uber list they are uber

Darkhonchcrow
15th September 2008, 5:35 PM
Thanks. I would like to be a challenger. This league looks really fun to challenge.

pirate555
15th September 2008, 10:01 PM
Excellent! I'll add you on to the challenging list now.
I myself will be available for battles tomorrow evening, I'll make sure to clear some time and be around let me know if you want to challenge (that appllies to everyone).

Gotian, I still have your bagon, I need to organise a good time to trade it =)

Also, apologies for any PMs I haven't replied to recently. For some unbeknown reason (part time, part lethargy) I've been shockingly bad at returning messages these past few days, but I'll try to rectify that tomorrow when I've got more time. That's all!
Pirate

Vinyacoire
15th September 2008, 11:37 PM
Which of the leaders is generally available around 11pm EST (preferably tonight)?

mew..
16th September 2008, 12:46 AM
sorry I haven't been on much, but I can't get on much because of school projects.

>.<

Anyways, I can battle friday-saturday unless my teachers give an unexpected test/project like they sometimes do.

"Freak" owns
16th September 2008, 1:21 AM
ive been on but not on the league im up for a battle against a gym leader, i dont care which one and i can battle in the next 4 hours so gym leaders please pm me

"Freak" owns
16th September 2008, 6:56 AM
c'mon i need a battle im behind the leader by 5 and if i dont get a battle now there is an even smaller chance of me winning, if there was any chance

Gotian
16th September 2008, 3:36 PM
pirate, sorry I havent been on recently, im back, what time is good for you eastern time?

pirate555
16th September 2008, 7:55 PM
Hmmm, Eastern Time I could probably be around at 6pm, it's quite late for me but possible as long as I stay awake :P So yes, I'll be on wi-fi then.

"Freak owns", I'll battle you in the weekend if that's okay, it seems that the time difference is too big to get it for another time as I have college during the day.

If anyone wants to challenge tonight, I'll be around a bit!
Pirate

"Freak" owns
16th September 2008, 11:35 PM
pirate im going to school, ill battle you if i cya on again.

bye

Gotian
17th September 2008, 12:47 AM
i got home later than i thought. im here to battle if anyone wants to.

No ubers, 6 on 6 battle, sleep clause and the bliss/cress/thingy.

if im fighting a gym leader its your rules

lucario_kid
17th September 2008, 2:07 AM
wow i want in i could win...

Gotian
17th September 2008, 7:44 PM
hey pirate im available today if you want to battle and trade. let me know

pirate555
17th September 2008, 8:12 PM
I can trade now, but I've got a load of work to get through tonight, so maybe we can save the battle for the weekend?

Thanks for challenging lucario kid, i'll add you to the challenger's list =)
Pirate

Gotian
17th September 2008, 8:26 PM
im going to trade you one of my speacially bred vulpix

pirate555
17th September 2008, 8:49 PM
Thank you for the vulpix! I may raise it for my Team with that moveset, I'd say ninetales fits the 'Angelic' criteria =)

And onto Theme League issues, I am now looking for a new leader.....EDIT: now closed

Pirate

mew..
17th September 2008, 11:00 PM
hey pirate, could i get the timid mew from the theme league HQ now?

I see that your on, so I was wondering if i could. ^_^

"Freak" owns
17th September 2008, 11:15 PM
pirate u up for a battle my new FC is

FC: 0688 7944 1989

first gym leader battle

VTUSH
18th September 2008, 9:57 AM
sorry for being very inactive lately but i've had to do alot of stuff (schoolwork, life etc.)
but i've also been training many pokemon. so i'm ready.
If anyone would like to challenge me feel free, tomorrow i'm going to start battling again if anyone wants a battle, i'm already going to battle freak owns

King Of Darkrai
18th September 2008, 2:02 PM
VTush I would like to rechallenge you when i get the chance. ill pm u more details

"Freak" owns
19th September 2008, 8:43 AM
Pirate 555 when your next on could you record a win for me i beat VTush 1-0 .

i would like to claim my prize VTUSH

VTUSH
19th September 2008, 8:44 AM
sure just go online

Cwidderb
19th September 2008, 10:13 PM
im on now if anyone cares....

:P

"Freak" owns
19th September 2008, 10:20 PM
cwidderb im up for a battle ive left you a pm im going online

"Freak" owns
19th September 2008, 11:39 PM
could i please get my prize cwidderb. the link did not open and i would like lucario if it is on the list.

Has my win been updated yet.

EDIT: ill trade same time tomorrow to tired going to sleep

Cwidderb
19th September 2008, 11:41 PM
just lost to Freak nice blissey btw I thought it was a wierd lead, and the paralysis on lucario didnt help :S

and had another great game against lord feraligatr, beat him so next week lordferaligatr? i always like battling you.

Cwidderb
19th September 2008, 11:44 PM
just lost to Freak nice blissey btw I thought it was a wierd lead, and the paralysis on lucario didnt help :S

and had another great game against lord feraligatr, beat him so next week lordferaligatr? i always like battling you.

LordFeraligatr
19th September 2008, 11:55 PM
Next Friday, same time ?

pirate555
20th September 2008, 12:49 AM
Hello! Nice to see battles going on, leaders around, etc.
Welcome to Gotian, who'll be taking on the Elite Four post now. Gotian's already proved a good challenger, so no doubt they'll excel as a leader!
"Freak owns", we have a battle tomorrow right? Who else would like to challenge then? It'll have to be arranged as I have family round, so I can't spend the day in front of a computer screen hanging around :P
I'm updating stuff on the first post now. That's two wins for you now, is it "Freak Owns"?
Also some leaders are still due an event just for being around; come and claim it at HQ or PM me!
Pirate

Gotian
20th September 2008, 9:10 PM
thanks pirate, make sure you post my rules and such. lord feraligator already wants to battle me

"Freak" owns
21st September 2008, 1:58 AM
just letting any gym leaders know that im on and would like to challenge them as soon as possible

heartless95
21st September 2008, 3:28 AM
ok i would like to be a challenger....

fc 2019 9025 3177

any gym leaders on want to fight???

Mandude
21st September 2008, 6:11 AM
Any leaders online? I'd like to have a go at my first challenge.

"Freak" owns
21st September 2008, 6:18 AM
leaders i am online and on two wins one more and i am able to challenge the elite 4, so please, leaders id like to challenge you.

Gotian
21st September 2008, 6:36 AM
you lost once to me already, hope to fight you again soon

"Freak" owns
21st September 2008, 10:17 AM
i need to battle someone black murder heaven or pirate can you please battle me

heartless95
21st September 2008, 6:08 PM
any leaders on????

heartless95
21st September 2008, 11:57 PM
any leaders on.......any?????

mew..
22nd September 2008, 12:53 AM
Well, I'm just checking in. And heartless, you double posted. If any leaders are on wanting a challenge, they will pm you ._.

Anyways, I'm making a new team so I won't be battling until I get it done. It's going good, though.

heartless95
23rd September 2008, 12:32 AM
god!!!!are eaders ever on????

heartless95
23rd September 2008, 12:41 AM
god!!!!are eaders ever on????

LordFeraligatr
23rd September 2008, 12:45 AM
Yes they are. There are two ways to challenge
Check the first page of the league about asking for challenges
1. leave a message here stating which gym you want to challenge, the times and days you can battle
2. you could PM them

LordFeraligatr
23rd September 2008, 12:49 AM
Yes they are. There are two ways to challenge
Check the first page of the league about asking for challenges
1. leave a message here stating which gym you want to challenge, the times and days you can battle
2. you could PM them

pirate555
23rd September 2008, 8:54 AM
LordFeraligatr summed up your options pretty nicely there :P

It's often difficult to find leaders online at a certain point in time; we all have school/college/work plus other errands which mean of course that we're harder to find here. Not to mention time differences which can be hellish sometimes for challenging - Your post last night was too late for me to possibly reply to.

That's why its best that challengers PM leaders or post times that they're available to battle later on. I can battle you later tonight as well as tomorrow afternoon/evening, so let me know if you'll be around on Serebii then and I'll send you a PM!

Speaking of crazy time differences - "Freak Owns", if I was to come on wi-fi at 11:30 tonight, would you be around? That'd be 8:30am your time I believe, but you may be busy. Perhaps I could come on earlier later if there's any chance of you being able to battle around then.
Pirate

Gotian
23rd September 2008, 10:15 PM
I try to keep myself available as much as possible. And so far I think I have battled lordferaligatr and Freak quite a few times now. I would love to battle other people too. Pirate I would like to battle you once more since Im sure your changed your team around.

pirate555
23rd September 2008, 11:07 PM
Absolutely I'll give you a battle when I see you around; how about tomorrow? I have a few new pokes I'd like to try out in battle, though I'll have to use level 100 mode as they're not all fully trained yet.
About your request for gym rules, I'll get back to you on that one - I'll ask a couple of challengers about it and see how they'd feel making three challenges and sticking to a concrete team, as they're the ones maing the extra effort, not me :P
Pirate

Gotian
23rd September 2008, 11:44 PM
well isnt that the idea of challenging the Elite 4? Using a concrete team to defeat all of them, instead of switching poke's to get their weakness and over power them? The main reason why I requested that is because if someone can win in that situation they deserve to be the champion, and trust me, I wont be unfair and choose OP pokemon because chances are that the challenger will have pokemon to cover all if not most of the different types they may fight against.

"Freak" owns
24th September 2008, 10:05 AM
i am finding it very hard to organise battles, it's not only that my time is zone very different from everyone elses but it is also that many people only have time to battle on weekends.

Please gym leaders, pm me.

mew..
24th September 2008, 1:47 PM
sorry I haven't been on much, but too much school work does that. I can battle as soon as I get my new team, which I only need 1 more member to complete.

pirate555
24th September 2008, 6:06 PM
well isnt that the idea of challenging the Elite 4? Using a concrete team to defeat all of them, instead of switching poke's to get their weakness and over power them? The main reason why I requested that is because if someone can win in that situation they deserve to be the champion, and trust me, I wont be unfair and choose OP pokemon because chances are that the challenger will have pokemon to cover all if not most of the different types they may fight against.
Okay, you've made your argument very well there =) I'll amend your rules for you then.

"Freak owns" would you possibly be available 9am your time or 3pm your time? Because I could be awake early or late to meet you in battle then, if that was possible.
I'm also supplying a runner's up prize, by the way, just to make sure the competition's still entirely open :P
I'll be available for battles quite a bit later tonight,
Pirate

"Freak" owns
24th September 2008, 11:44 PM
I can not make that time as i have school, but holidays are in two days and i will be available to stay up to battle. I can battle on at 6: 30pm my time sunday , and 9:30am your time sunday.

Gotian
25th September 2008, 8:34 PM
hey pirate I sent you a pm please make sure you read it i have an idea for something that i would like to do in the near future. btw I want to see some more battles, so far the most active people seem to be myself, lordferaligator, pirate, and "freak"

pirate555
25th September 2008, 8:47 PM
hey pirate I sent you a pm please make sure you read it i have an idea for something that i would like to do in the near future. btw I want to see some more battles, so far the most active people seem to be myself, lordferaligator, pirate, and "freak"
Sure, I'll send you a reply tonight. And lol at the name "freak" :P

If anyone wants to challenge, I'm around for half an hour or so now! Let me know if you want to battle me! And "Freak owns", I will make that battle time you arranged.
BDog1, how is your team coming along? You're ready for challengers now, right? Please let me know,
Pirate

SerenadeSP
26th September 2008, 9:12 PM
Sorry,I've been sick for most of the week and have to work the rest.

Yes but in the case of my Elite 4 challenge, most people will have to completely re-create their teams to battle me.

Gotian
26th September 2008, 11:08 PM
Well considering how we're the last two trainers before they are crowned the champion I think its fitting that our challenges be much different than any others. So I still stand by my rules.

"Freak" owns
27th September 2008, 7:26 AM
I am informing any gym leaders that i am on and ready to battle, if i win i will be eligible for battles against the elite 4. Could gym leaders please tell me there battle rules

LordFeraligatr
27th September 2008, 12:38 PM
Hi guys, how is everybody to those at school college or uni hows it like being back in term ?. Bdog1 (if your ready), weeble, cwidderb and the elite four this sunday i'll be able to battle any time except between 2pm and 5pm (GMT+1) or alday monday. If any of you are able to battle please PM me. Cwidderb and Gothian i'm looking forward to our rematches. If any of the gym leaders that i've already played would like a friendly match to test new pokemon or ideas please feel free to PM me.

Darkhonchcrow
27th September 2008, 12:47 PM
I'll battle VTUSH first.

Gotian
27th September 2008, 6:06 PM
you know you guys are breaking the 1 liner and challengng rules, so please stop. We have a good thing going here and I dont wanna see it get ruined.

and Lordferaligatr good luck and I will see you when you defeat the three E4 members before me.

Jacks_Mannequin
27th September 2008, 9:02 PM
Hey I'm signing up as a challenger. Just tell me which gym to go for (I would like the first gym)

Thanks

Black Murder Heavangelon
28th September 2008, 10:00 AM
Pirate, I have suspicion that "Freak" owns is a hacker.

On the first turn, my Weavile set up Protect and his Machamp's Dynamicpunch went through. I'll go confront him now.

"Freak" owns
28th September 2008, 10:03 AM
im not a hacker, how dare you accuse me of that. the no guard ability ensures all moves land without fail. also my phone stuffed up my wi-fi thats why it disconnected.

why would i dc i was beating you 6-5 and you had two pokemon on very low health

"Freak" owns
28th September 2008, 11:34 AM
could i please get my prize in a hour sorry for the inconvenience.

am i now eligible to take on the elite 4

Femme Fatale
28th September 2008, 11:34 AM
Any leaders online to battle?

Good game, Pirate. Sorry about the end; had to force your hand so to speak. Yay a badge ^^;;

pirate555
28th September 2008, 12:20 PM
Yep, congrats on those two matches this morning, I enjoyed them both ^^ And both times a Gengar really 'took my team to town', as it were, so I'll make some changes concerning that =P
I've updated win counts, but challengers please let me know if there any wins I've not accounted for yet. 3 Days to go until the September prize is awarded, but don't worry if you're behind, there'll be a new competition for the October month. Incidentally the deadline is at the end of September 30th (Heh, nobody pointed out I'd put September 31st!), so battles on Tuesday still count.

"Freak Owns", yep, you're now eligible to challenge the Elite Four.

Thank you for challenging Jacks mannequin, I've added you to the challenging list, as well as Lucarioman101, who's returned to resume their challenge; welcome!
I'll be around later again if anybody else wishes to challenge me,
Pirate

"Freak" owns
28th September 2008, 11:57 PM
black murder heavengelon would you like a rematch after your battle

your rules 1 uber. good luck, i wont be on serebii but ill be online

Gotian
29th September 2008, 4:52 AM
just to let people know when they fight me, I dont care how you got your pokemon as long as they have legit moves and stats. I know some people frown on this, but its fine in my book because some people (like myself) cant go to events because they dont have any here.

Femme Fatale
29th September 2008, 5:03 AM
just to let people know when they fight me, I dont care how you got your pokemon as long as they have legit moves and stats. I know some people frown on this, but its fine in my book because some people (like myself) cant go to events because they dont have any here.

Question about your rules: What's to stop you creating a counter team for each person after you battle them once? Seems a bit...stupid...to me.

Gotian
29th September 2008, 5:15 AM
just have to trust me, i wont make a counter team though, people like lordferaligatr and "freak" can account for that.

"Freak" owns
29th September 2008, 6:51 AM
gym leaders and the elite 4 i am ready for battle and i really need to win to get closer to lordferaligator

fc in sig, pm me for battle

Gotian
29th September 2008, 6:56 AM
well im on, but are going by the you need to challenge all the E4 in order? Thats a question thats been going through my head

"Freak" owns
29th September 2008, 6:59 AM
no elite 4 menbers r on besides you and mews banned.

Also r u sure you have to battle them in order because it doesnt say it on the first post

Gotian
29th September 2008, 6:59 AM
thats what I was asking, I wasnt saying it just asking cause i dont know

"Freak" owns
29th September 2008, 8:12 AM
so pirate heres the update

i beat gotian once today though i still need to beat him one more time to get the overall win

with one day left the league seems to me heading in lordferaligators favour but i still have a chance to win

pirate555
29th September 2008, 8:43 AM
I don't have time for battles now, I'm just on my way out.
- Just to make it clear though, you don't necessarily have to challenge the Elite Four in order. I want it to be as easy as possible for challengers to get their battles in, and if say, they had to wait a week for one leader to return from holiday (or a ban =P) it would really slow down their progress. Also, there hasn't been any sort of test for the elite four, so they aren't necessarily in rank order. Challenge in whatever order you like! The only order-feature that's important is that 3 leaders have to be beaten before starting to challenge the elite four; that's all. I may clarify that on the first post,
Pirate

bmcqueen1118
29th September 2008, 10:59 PM
u guys accepting challanges? if so im a good battler looking for a good battle

"Freak" owns
30th September 2008, 12:53 AM
gym leaders and e4 members i am available to battle so please pm me. two more wins gets me level with first place.

fc in sig

weebl33
30th September 2008, 10:28 AM
ummmm if anyone wants to battle me tonite 9pm + (GMT) plz message me

Cwidderb
30th September 2008, 8:29 PM
just wanted everyone to know ill be on for about an hourish now so gogogo

pirate555
30th September 2008, 8:47 PM
And this is the last day for challenges too before the September competition ends, so make the most of it!
I'm around for battles if anybody wants to challenge, keeping in mind I may be multitasking with homework at the same time :s
Pirate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: The competition for September is now over! Congratulations to our winner, LordFeraligatr, with the highest win count of 5 leaders, also to the runner-up, "Freak owns", who came in second.

Winner: Lord Feraligatr, Prize: Movie Regigigas, level 100 ;486;
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk293/hetster33/Leaguewinners.png

Runner up: "Freak owns", Prize: Aura Mew, level 10 ;151;
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk293/hetster33/leaguerunnerup.png

Please arrange a time to collect your prize =)

And now the October competition is open! I'm not fully decided on this month's prize yet, but I have some ideas, so get battling! =D
Pirate

Zog the Stout
1st October 2008, 12:42 PM
I don't know I'f I'd be very good, but I'd love to sign up for this if its not too late. Do challengers need themed teams too?

Zog

pirate555
1st October 2008, 5:38 PM
Don't worry, the Theme League is for people of all skills abilities to challenge, and I bet you won't be as bad as you think =)
We're always accepting challengers, this is (hopefully) a league with no start date or end date; the competitions just run on a monthly basis as an incentive to keep the challenging going. You can use whatever team you like, you don't need a theme - though if you want to make one for fun, that's perfectly fine too,
Pirate

Zog the Stout
1st October 2008, 6:14 PM
Awesome then, I'm in :)

As you can see by my Sig, I'm doing a Bug-Themed team, but thats not yet finished so it'll be a normal unthemed team for now.

Zog

EDIT: Any Gym Leaders online? I'm particuarly interested in fighting Weebl33 and Pirate555

Zog the Stout
1st October 2008, 6:15 PM
Awesome then, I'm in :)

As you can see by my Sig, I'm doing a Bug-Themed team, but thats not yet finished so it'll be a normal unthemed team for now.

Zog

EDIT: Any Gym Leaders online? I'm particuarly interested in fighting Weebl33 and Pirate555

Cwidderb
1st October 2008, 8:01 PM
Everyone I am online right now so challenge away. I would quite like a few challengers because recently only lordferaligatr has been battling with me.

Zog the Stout
1st October 2008, 9:55 PM
You still online for a battle, Cwidderb?

Zog

Jacks_Mannequin
1st October 2008, 10:46 PM
Hey ill have ago at the first gym ;476;
Just tell me when your ready

Gotian
2nd October 2008, 12:43 AM
pirate are gym and e4 members allowed to compete in the monthly contests?

Also "freak" im still waiting for our next match

"Freak" owns
2nd October 2008, 4:20 AM
gotian i can battle u now everythings sorted out

pirate555
2nd October 2008, 9:17 PM
I'm available for battles later tonight, if anybody's up for it! There is a small chance I may have to run, considering it's going to be late in my time zone and my parents are ultra-strict :s

pirate are gym and e4 members allowed to compete in the monthly contests?
Not these ones, because the maximum wins a challenger can get on the League is 12, and for a leader its unlimited. It's an interesting idea though, I could put a second 'leader's challenge' on, I suppose...Maybe next month!

Freak Owns, you still need your prize, I s'pose it'll be easiest to get it to you in the weekend?
Pirate

Zog the Stout
2nd October 2008, 9:31 PM
Pirate555, fancy a battle? Now?

Zog

Edit: OUCH! I got owned. Made some very amateur mistakes though.... Shoulda Dragon Danced against Milotic instead of Thunder Punching. And why I used Thunder Wave on a Poisoned Gallade I will never be able to know.... >.< Good match though, thats a very nice team Pirate555 :)

"Freak" owns
3rd October 2008, 6:13 AM
i am announcing my semi-retirement from the theme league and competitve battles.

i will be getting a new team and it might take a while, however as soon as its done i will be battling here at the theme league again.

pirate could we please arrange a time for me to get my prize is next sunday 9:30 am your time good for u.

pirate555
3rd October 2008, 8:09 AM
Good game Zog, and sorry I was such an earthquake fiend =P I'm not entirely sure why I switched milotic into a thunderpunching poke anyway...But otherwise I made relatively few mistakes for once! And wow, I'd never seen a magnezone in my game before =D

"Freak Owns", good luck with your new team! And yep, I can make that time to get you the Aura Mew.

I can only battle very late tonight, I'll be out all day. Look out for me then though!
Pirate

Femme Fatale
3rd October 2008, 2:02 PM
Update:

Just letting y'all know I beat CwidderB 4-0 in an awesome battle =D GG Cwidder ^^

Zog the Stout
3rd October 2008, 10:06 PM
Great battle, Cwidderb!

My god was that intense! Got you down to 1 with 3 left standing, and your last poke took out 2 of mine (3 Draco Meteor misses on the trot >.<).

Then I got 4 consecutive flinches with Zen Headbutt from Metagross.... And you won by a tiny margin of hp... Excellent battle, with a deceptivley hard team.

Zog

Cwidderb
3rd October 2008, 10:07 PM
yeah i always save the best till last ;)

Zog the Stout
3rd October 2008, 10:23 PM
So I see. Those Four flinches though.... I so nearly had you ;). I'm definitley up for a rematch next week :)

Zog

Cwidderb
3rd October 2008, 10:27 PM
lol i will put the focus sash on my lead next time :P

Zog the Stout
3rd October 2008, 10:31 PM
I would. In fact, when you used Counter on the switch and stayed in against Metagross, I was almost certain it had it already... Still, that was lucky for me :P

Zog

FlushtbPI
3rd October 2008, 11:33 PM
Siging up as a challenger. I basicaly can fight all the time. x'D So Any Gym Leaders online? xD
FC: 3566-4094-6187

PKMN WIFI BATTLER NICK
4th October 2008, 12:02 AM
I wont to be challenger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My FC IS 1762- 3337 -2784 NICK

VTUSH
4th October 2008, 12:59 AM
Yep any challengers want to verse me now??

PokeWisdomGiver
4th October 2008, 2:22 AM
Add me to the list of challengers Pirate, I think since I was gone for so long causing my league boot I want to see if I can beat some people:-)

Zog the Stout
4th October 2008, 2:23 AM
Ok, VTUSH, dude. Seriously not cool.

If you say to someone "I'll PM you when I'm finished battling so we can battle", you don't keep them waiting and then go offline without so much as a word, especially when its 1am. If you didnt want to battle me after your first battle, thats absolutely fine, but please at least have the decency to let me know so I'm not waiting for you to show.

Zog

VTUSH
4th October 2008, 2:46 AM
Ok, VTUSH, dude. Seriously not cool.

If you say to someone "I'll PM you when I'm finished battling so we can battle", you don't keep them waiting and then go offline without so much as a word, especially when its 1am. If you didnt want to battle me after your first battle, thats absolutely fine, but please at least have the decency to let me know so I'm not waiting for you to show.

Zog

mate, my internet stuffed up and i couldn't get back on for 40 minutes so how am i meant to conatact you????????????????????????
obviousely i can't reply if i'm OFFLINE!!

Femme Fatale
4th October 2008, 2:54 AM
I will battle, mr VTUSH^_^ Gotta use a different team because no legends are allowed D:

PKMN WIFI BATTLER NICK
4th October 2008, 3:29 AM
looking for a leader to go against
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FC- 1762 3337 2784

Femme Fatale
4th October 2008, 3:37 AM
Good game, VTUSH ^^
Pirate, I just beat VTUSH in a battle 5-0 =) Great game, VTUSH

PKMN WIFI BATTLER NICK
4th October 2008, 3:40 AM
VTUSH wanna battle for a badge

VTUSH
4th October 2008, 3:46 AM
Good game, VTUSH ^^
Pirate, I just beat VTUSH in a battle 5-0 =) Great game, VTUSH

hmmmm not so good battle for me, one of my worst good match though

POKEMON WIFI BATTLER NICK
i can't battle now gotta go to the library in a minute maybe later

PKMN WIFI BATTLER NICK
4th October 2008, 3:49 AM
ok later then

Dracondix
4th October 2008, 5:10 AM
Ok I guess I'll join this league. Have been in one since the death of the mystery league (which wasnt long ago :D)

Zog the Stout
4th October 2008, 11:48 AM
Fair enough, I suppose, VTUSH. Though I notice from your visitor messages managed to finish your last battle?

I admit I overreacted, I was pretty tired... Try today or tomorrow?

Zog

EDIT: Ok, so I lost, good battle though. Well played. Still tryin to figure out how those lot followed the "Smart" theme, however... ;)

VTUSH
4th October 2008, 12:42 PM
Fair enough, I suppose, VTUSH. Though I notice from your visitor messages managed to finish your last battle?

I admit I overreacted, I was pretty tired... Try today or tomorrow?

Zog

I checked and you weren't online when i posted those messages after the battle :/
Anyway you had your battle and i beat you fair and square. GG

PKMN WIFI BATTLER NICK
4th October 2008, 12:43 PM
any other leaders want to battle that is on

Zog the Stout
4th October 2008, 12:48 PM
I went offline about 1:20 GMT... I don't know when you posted those messages, but your opponent (I assume) posted some to you before that.

Anyways, as you say, we've had our battle and you won. Well played :)

Zog

pirate555
4th October 2008, 5:11 PM
Welcome to Pkmn Wifi Battler Nick and Dracondix, I've added you to the challenging list, have a good challenge! I hadn't realised the Mstery league had disappeared, it's a shame, we really need a good team of leagues to make this sub-forum more valuable to serebii...
I've also made other necessary updates such as win counts to the first post, it's fairly straightforward when you're all making sure to let me know what's going on, but PM me/post if i've missed anything significant out.
Good to see lots of battles going on here anyway, I myself should be around for battles for some of the time today and tomorrow, though not tonight.

I have this month's prize decided, and I think it's super! A little hard to let it go, but it's gotten dusty in my ingame PC....

Highest Win Count in October Wins: Shiny Roserade level 65, EV trained in Special attack and speed. (Non-beneficial nature, just to be clear) ;407;

Runner-up Prize: UT shiny golem (Graveler caught at lev 53, simply traded to evolve, no other training. Nicknamed 'Maestro') ;076;

So good luck everybody!
Pirate

PKMN WIFI BATTLER NICK
4th October 2008, 9:06 PM
looking for first gym leader or any other gym leader to battle

jaddev
4th October 2008, 9:17 PM
ok i wana be a challenger...

DEV/0602 3124 3143

btw im using my wii's internet :)
any gyms i will take on.

Old School Fanatic
4th October 2008, 10:41 PM
I wanna sign up as a challenger

Zog the Stout
4th October 2008, 10:53 PM
Can I just ask - Is it the most wins in the month alone, or the most cumulative wins at the end of the month (I.e - do the wins for September count?)

Zog

pirate555
5th October 2008, 12:31 AM
Can I just ask - Is it the most wins in the month alone, or the most cumulative wins at the end of the month (I.e - do the wins for September count?)
Good question - Currently it's cumulative, seeing as there's only a maximum 5 win count lead, however I'll probably have to change that system next month once the highest win count is unreasonably high for anyone to challenge in 30 days. It wasn't an issue before because the highest win count was only 2 or 3, so I overlooked the problem that there might be later on...Thanks for pointing that out, now I can plan for it =)

I can't battle any more tonight, it's late, but I'll be about again tomorrow!
Old School Fanatic and jaddev, thanks for your challenges, I'll add you to the challenging list on the first post - Good Luck!

On the subject of the challenging list, I'm removing some of the challengers who have been inactive for a long time now. If you're a challenger whose name is removed and you're thinking, "I've been planning a team all this time and I've nearly got it ready!" (I'm impressed by your effort if you actually took this long =P ) Or you still want to carry out your challenge and for whatever reason you haven't gotten round to it, let me know - I'll reinstate your name straight away! I just don't think it's useful to have a challenger list of twenty-five people where only ten have posted/PMed leaders more than once.
Pirate

PKMN WIFI BATTLER NICK
5th October 2008, 4:21 AM
if ur on VTUSH lets battle

PokeWisdomGiver
5th October 2008, 4:27 AM
Um hello Pirate I asked to be a challenger?

Darkhonchcrow
5th October 2008, 1:24 PM
I just had to get my final team. I am now ready to battle VTUSH now.

Darkhonchcrow
5th October 2008, 1:26 PM
I just had to get my final team. I am now ready to battle VTUSH now.

henri_27
5th October 2008, 3:37 PM
I wanna be a challenger too!

pirate555
5th October 2008, 6:39 PM
PokeWisdomGiver and henri 27, it's good to have you join us, you're very welcome! In fact, we're getting quite a few challengers now, and that can only be a good thing ^^
I'll be around for battles a little later, so if you want to challenge me let me know and I'll arrange a time with you,
Pirate

Edit: So, battle anyone?

Gotian
5th October 2008, 7:54 PM
I will be available for any E4 challenges in about 3 hours.

so i will post again when im ready

The Baron of Fate
5th October 2008, 8:01 PM
I would like to challenge the league. If any Gym leaders are on now, I will challenge any of them.

Gotian
5th October 2008, 9:49 PM
okay im on earlier than i said i would be so any E4 challengers who qualify im ready to battle

Femme Fatale
6th October 2008, 2:58 AM
Update:

I just beat Gotian in two awesome matches 5-0 and 5-0 =] Great playing, Gotian.

jaddev
6th October 2008, 3:53 AM
Are there any gym leaders available to battle atm???

Gotian
6th October 2008, 3:58 PM
yup great games fatal, next time though I will find a weakness in your team, its hard though.

weebl33
6th October 2008, 10:52 PM
yay 2 battles won =3

The Baron of Fate
6th October 2008, 11:11 PM
Any gym leaders on that would care to battle?

jaddev
7th October 2008, 12:08 AM
Any gym leaders on that would care to battle?

I am asking the same question.. :)

please pm me or post here, because i want to battle you guys!!! :)

lkelder0511
7th October 2008, 2:35 AM
I want to be in the this leage do i need to be challenged if so bring it on

Dracondix
7th October 2008, 3:32 AM
I'm free to battle ^_^

*edit* nvm >.>

PKMN WIFI BATTLER NICK
7th October 2008, 6:46 AM
looking for a battle from a leader PM me leaders

pirate555
7th October 2008, 8:45 AM
Sorry I wasn't around to battle yesterday, I'd let a lot of college work catch up on me and had to sort that out as a priority =P
Dracondix, either you posted really late (my clock says 2:30am) or you're in a different time zone - please let me know a time you can battle and your GMT so that you can challenge me ^^
Otherwise I've made updates to the challenger list, and I'll be around for battles later today,
Pirate

Femme Fatale
7th October 2008, 8:51 AM
As a note: I'm going to try and battle Weebl33 to even Mr. Lordferaligatr's record ^^

Also, a question about Falcon. He hasn't been active for at least three-ish weeks :\ How can I battle the inactive?

pirate555
7th October 2008, 6:19 PM
Thank you for letting me know Femme, I hadn't been aware of Fallen one's absence, because some leaders do prefer to operate by PM. But now Black Murder Heavangelon's taken over position one of the Elite Four, congratulations BMH! And thanks for stepping in ^^
If you've already battled him as a leader, the win still stands for gym 1, so just ignore whoever becomes the new leader in that position for your challenge. But you'll fight for a second time with his team for the Elite Four wins. Hope that makes sufficient sense...

So, new gym postion available! *Copies and pastes statement made in first post*;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After an exit and a mini-reshuffle, there is now a gym position available, Gym 1! If you want to apply, check first that:
1. You're around often on Serebii. We have a lot of active and regular challengers, so we need our leaders to be the same!
2. That you can prepare a team in 2 weeks! You'd need to start accepting challengers as soon as possible. And don't forget, you need a theme!

If you think that's fine, and you'd still like to apply for the position then PM me at pirate555 with this form filled in:

Name:
Friend Code:
Gym name :
Theme:
Rules:
Prize:

I will award the position on a first come first serve basis, to make this fair and open. Good luck!
Pirate
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I might be able to fit a battle or two in tonight, so challengers PM me if you're interested,
Pirate

lkelder0511
8th October 2008, 1:55 AM
can i join

VTUSH
8th October 2008, 2:04 AM
any challengers want to face me?

Dracondix
8th October 2008, 3:13 AM
pirate my time zone is +11 GMT therefore when I posted for a battle it was 12:32PM BTW I dont have enought legardies prepared so it'll have to wait

The Baron of Fate
8th October 2008, 3:29 AM
I have defeated the great VTUSH in an epic battle of wits!

*Just stating that i have won...*

PokeWisdomGiver
8th October 2008, 3:30 AM
Is VTUSH On now?

pirate555
8th October 2008, 8:24 PM
I'll be mentioning this regularly as long as it's still ongoing - We need a new leader in the Theme League for position 1 - Check the first post for further details, or my most recent post before this one^. Edit - Not any more!

I've made necessary updates to the first post, please check and ensure I've got it right!

Sorry to those who I missed last night, I'll try and arrange another time soon. Pkmn Wifi Battler Nick, I managed to make the 5:30am battle time (miraculous), but I didn't spot you on wi-fi. Perhaps my time-zone calculations were wrong, or wi-fi was just playing up. I'll do my level best to figure out another battle time.
And my apologies Gotian, I saw you on wi-fi last night, but I was awaiting a challenger so I couldn't battle you. Maybe next time I see you there!
Oh, and another wi-fi related thing; if as a challenger you find me on wi-fi and I suddenly disconnect, I may just be getting the appropriate team, so look out incase I come back within 2 mins =P

I can't battle tonight, I'm catching up with a lot of Uni-related work, and I assume that if my parents found me on my DS they might just break the device in half. Maybe tomorrow!
Dracondix, you can either train up a legendary, or I'll go without one for our battle, I should be able to manage, as long as you accept that the filler poke may not be quiet as 'angelic' looking!

To anyone challenging the elite four already, mew will be here on the 13th again, I believe =)

Pirate

The_Landlord
9th October 2008, 7:58 PM
I would like to join the league as a challenger. I may not be able to battle for a couple days, though. But I'll start issuing challenges soon.

PKMN WIFI BATTLER NICK
9th October 2008, 9:31 PM
LOL were u on Pirate i was on at 1:00 AM

PKMN WIFI BATTLER NICK
9th October 2008, 9:33 PM
yea i came a little late on. but i stayed on until 3:00 Am and then got off

Dracondix
10th October 2008, 4:06 AM
Meh it's ok Pirate. I'll start training some legendarys. I'll challenge u some other time.

I'll start from the begining. I'll challenge u weebl33

pirate555
10th October 2008, 8:54 AM
Welcome to the newest member of the Theme League team, Yellow Diamond, who will be taking over ownership of Gym 1! YellowDiamond, if you'd like a practise battle I'll be more than happy to do so, though timewise it may be difficult because I think there's a large time difference (Unless you like pming at 3am =P ).

Thanks, The Landord, I'll add you to the challenging list, enjoy your challenge and good luck! And feel free to delay your challenge by a little while if you need some time to train.

Pkmn Wifi Battler Nick, sorry I didn't stay on long enough to catch you; as it was 5:30am I figured I had to catch a bit of sleep before school, so I left at 12:45 your time. I'll come on at exactly the same time tonight though, so look out for me!

I may be available for battles late tonight,
Pirate

Doctor Is
10th October 2008, 10:34 AM
I'm interested in partcipating as a challenger. :D