PDA

View Full Version : A wild NEWBIE appeared!

sinnohandbeyond
10th October 2008, 9:09 PM
Wild NEWBIE appeared!
Wild NEWBIE used Protect!
Wild NEWBIE protected itself!

Wild NEWBIE used Introduction!
"Hi, my name's Meredith, but when I wander the Pokemon communities of the interwebz I generally go by "sinnohandbeyond!" which is ripped off the name of my hand-drawn webcomic I draw a page of about twice a year. I enjoy drawing, graphic design, writing, playing video games, sunny days, and the color orange. I rather detest cold rain, and people referring to me as a male when I'm quite clearly a girl."

FIGHT/BAG/PKMN/RUN?

Sammi
10th October 2008, 9:27 PM
FIGHT. SAMMI used Post!

hello there. read the rules, have fun, and all that other generic newbie welcoming.

Alexiel
10th October 2008, 9:51 PM
Alexiel used GREETING HUG!

It's super effective!!!

wants_latios_lots
10th October 2008, 10:51 PM
W_L_L threw a rock!

Welcome to the forums! Read the rules, or the Mechbot Ultror will come and...
well, just please, PLEASE read the rules.

Have fun! ;D

Pink Moogoo
10th October 2008, 11:27 PM
Pink Moogoo used SOMETHING!

...but NOTHING HAPPENED!

Hiya! To break the trend a bit, I'm also fresh and new to the site, so instead of a grand welcome and a "DON'T BREAK THE RUELZ", I'll just extend a little "Hi".

sinnohandbeyond
10th October 2008, 11:28 PM
Yay, a greeting from another omgnewperson, without vast omgwarnings about reading the rules! hooray!

still shinyless ^_^
10th October 2008, 11:56 PM
still shinyless ^_^ used Mimic!

Used Greeting hug!

hello!!! i'm semi-new so i'd like to say HELLO!! nice to meet ya!!
When are you no longer a newbie if anyone knows?

wants_latios_lots
11th October 2008, 3:46 PM
Um, there's no set time, I guess. Whenever you stop feeling new is a good indicator though. ;D

When you learn some names, some mods, and know your way around the site, then you're all good!

the master123
11th October 2008, 4:13 PM
The master123 used hand shake welcome to the forums!!!

Katharina27
12th October 2008, 6:30 AM
Hahahahaha! sinnohandbeyond, the most annoying thing about the internet is that stupid theory that if your a girl and your on a game forum or something just as geeky, your obviously a guy, because there is no such thing as a woman on the web. Thankfully I've never had to deal with that here but then again, most men wouldn't be caught dead wearing this avatar. Anyway, welcome!

Luckystar699
12th October 2008, 9:54 AM
Luckystar699 used Welcome! Hehe,anyways, like you, I am also new but I always read the rules so should you do the same. ^_^

Insidious_Dreamer
12th October 2008, 2:22 PM
Sup sinnohandbeyond, i be the one they call I_D - welcome!

mimefan
12th October 2008, 2:47 PM
Yeah well hi, you're gonna get banned but what the hell welcome to the forums.

Rikku
12th October 2008, 2:54 PM
BAG. Rikku used masterball!

sinnohandbeyond is captured.

Hi! welcome to the forums. Have fun and go wild.

Ebil McClucky
14th October 2008, 11:08 AM
Divine. used Cheezburger.

Wait,wrong move.

Welcome,obey the rules and avoid the trolls!

Angeling
14th October 2008, 5:00 PM
Yeah well hi, you're gonna get banned but what the hell welcome to the forums.
What the hell are you on? Why is he going to get banned for making a thread and trying to incorporate Pokémon aspects into his newbie thread? You're not even clear on your assumption.

Guys, it's fine to be welcoming newbies, but try to have some variety and not be posting in 932472357239352 threads. Posts do not count toward your postcount here, and it's rather robotic (or if you find that slightly offensive, unhuman-like) if you post about the same kind of post in every thread. You're not going to get modded that way.

Anyway, welcome to the forums and make sure to read both the Forum Rules (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=148029) and Signature Rules (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=146085), both which I went to link for you in this very post (just click the name) and both which you can read in the Announcements forum.

diywid
14th October 2008, 5:58 PM
diywid used Voice!

Hi, welocome to these forums. *trying not to sound robotic* I hope you have a good time here and stick to the rules, which Angeling has very kindly provided a link for.

mimefan
14th October 2008, 7:59 PM
What the hell are you on? Why is he going to get banned for making a thread and trying to incorporate Pokémon aspects into his newbie thread? You're not even clear on your assumption.

Guys, it's fine to be welcoming newbies, but try to have some variety and not be posting in 932472357239352 threads. Posts do not count toward your postcount here, and it's rather robotic (or if you find that slightly offensive, unhuman-like) if you post about the same kind of post in every thread. You're not going to get modded that way.

Anyway, welcome to the forums and make sure to read both the Forum Rules (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=148029) and Signature Rules (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=146085), both which I went to link for you in this very post (just click the name) and both which you can read in the Announcements forum.

Life, what you on. Anyway I don't mean he's gonna get banned straight away for opening an introductory thread what I meant is because the staff are extremely pushy with their rules (no offence intended staff) that they'll most of the time pick on the newbie so chances are he will get banned.

Angeling
14th October 2008, 8:53 PM
Life, what you on. Anyway I don't mean he's gonna get banned straight away for opening an introductory thread what I meant is because the staff are extremely pushy with their rules (no offence intended staff) that they'll most of the time pick on the newbie so chances are he will get banned.
Explain then. We do not "pick on" people; it's not our fault some (more like most) of the members don't read the forum rules. Way to overgeneralize to all newbies, huh? If you feel a staff member is abusing their power, you can tell me or another super moderator/administrator.

If you must continue replying to me, do so in PM. Thanks.

Eternal Flame
14th October 2008, 9:04 PM
Eternal Flame threw a master ball
Newbie deflected
Eternal Flame cried
Nice opening, I can see you have a sence of humour.

Ri-Chan
14th October 2008, 10:38 PM
Hi sinnohandbeyond!

Feel free to send me a friend request if you need friends!

Other than that, welcome! And listen to angeling, she knows what she's talking about! Other members here *cough* mimefan* would rather waste their time bashing mods because their too strict, but its their job, and these forums are soooooooooo huge (emphasis on so), that mods need to be strict.

So enjoy your time here at Serebii, and dont let post n00bs let you down.

blackrose
15th October 2008, 12:06 AM
blackrose used bag and throws pokeball
bing
bing
bing
click

wild newbie caught.
do you want to nickname newbie?
yes - sinnohandbeyond.

lol that was fun.

welcome to the forums have fun and read the rules!

Shiny qwilfish of doom
16th October 2008, 9:15 AM
Shiny qwilfish of doom used handshake!

welcome,have fun, and make sure to read the rules!

Lucazard
16th October 2008, 11:59 AM
i enjoy playing video games sport and eating food but im not chubby, i hope everyone has a good time

Undead_soul
16th October 2008, 12:05 PM
have a great time here. ^_^

the_eevee_breeder
16th October 2008, 7:51 PM
The Eevee Breeder used GREETINGS!

Hiya from one newbie to another!

mew_nani
16th October 2008, 9:54 PM
mew_nani uses group hug!
welcome, nya!
... what is that doing here...? *points to ;000;