PDA

View Full Version : I not exactly new, and I have a question

ZF911
16th October 2008, 8:52 PM
I joined a while ago, but I'm still a newbie. I had a question though:

When I tried to make a thread on the Diamond and Pearl board, it said a mod needed to view it first. When I made a thread on the anime board, it just posted it. Then it said a mod needed to look at it again when I tried to make another thread on the diamond and pearl board.

Why does it only do that with certain boards?

Blue Snover
17th October 2008, 11:02 AM
Some of the boards need a mod to authorise it, they need to make sure that you won't just make a thread and then go inactive.

I think that a few people have done that, so they juat want to make sure, so that forums don't get bogged down with dead threads.

There is usually no problem with getting authorisation, but don't worry if they don't get back to you straight away, because they have a lot of parts of the forums to watch over and not all of them get a chance to check their messages regularly.

Hope this helped.

ZF911
17th October 2008, 4:50 PM
It did help, thanks a lot.

I'm not sure how to lock/close/delete this. I'll let a mod do it.

Mr. Joker
17th October 2008, 4:59 PM
To delete this just go to thred tools and delete it

Angeling
17th October 2008, 6:37 PM
To delete this just go to thred tools and delete it
Or just wait until a staff member is available to close it.

But yes, certain parts of the forum require moderation because the section is super active and we don't want 34657651324684654 of the same kind of threads being made. There will be and ARE threads where a member asks a small question when a larger thread can answer that. In short, it's to keep the section orderly.

And once your question's been answered, you don't really need to post it. A staff member will come. : )