PDA

View Full Version : I keep getting this error message

Blackjack Gabbiani
31st October 2008, 1:27 PM
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@serebiiforums.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.2.6 Server at www.serebiiforums.com Port 80

But it's only when I try to post one thing. I've checked it over and over and over again and nothing is wrong with it--there's no bad code, and even if there was, the only thing that would result from it would be incomplete links. Nothing that I haven't seen posted.

So, since the post in question is a nomination for the fanfic contest, I tried to email it to the mod...and that failed. I had to go to her site and get her *direct* email address and send it to her directly. And I also sent it to the webmaster@serebiiforums.com address that the error message directs me to...and that came back immediately. Apparently that doesn't exist.

I know it's not a problem with the fanfic contest nomination site because I went there and posted a message consisting of "testing testing". That posted fine. But when I tried to replace it with the nomination text, it all failed again. However, I was able to delete the test post with no issue.

There's something seriously wrong here.

Yonowaru in Chaos
31st October 2008, 1:34 PM
It might be a problem (probably one-off, but no one can really be sure) with the new server relocation, in which case I suggest you might want to post it in this thread (http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=362748).

Serebii
31st October 2008, 2:10 PM
Did your post contain any unusual characters?

Dramatic Melody
31st October 2008, 3:36 PM
Happened to me, too. Quite a few times, which frustrated me a little.

It always happens to me when I have long text (posting and editing), so it won't work well in fics...

Serebii
31st October 2008, 4:01 PM
We'll look into it. As I've said, the new server i new so it will need some calibration

Blackjack Gabbiani
31st October 2008, 11:31 PM
Did your post contain any unusual characters?

Only the , that's the strangest thing in it.

Eon_is_not_the_end
31st October 2008, 11:36 PM
I had something happen like this about 2 days ago. I was typing out that I was offering an EVD pokemon in the trade forums, and when i hit "Post Quick Reply", it said "The page cannot be displayed". I'm almost certain that this was just some more downtime on the forums, but can someone help me confirm this please?

Blackjack Gabbiani
1st November 2008, 1:53 AM
Upon reviewal of my proposed post, it doesn't even have the é in it. It has no irregular characters then, only a URL link, a quote, and an italic in the quote (and that wasn't even there in my initial attempt at the post).

Perhaps a greater issue, though, is the fact that the error message displays an email address that apparently doesn't exist.

Blackjack Gabbiani
3rd November 2008, 1:38 PM
Sorry to double post but it *has* been a few days...

I tried again at the "back door" address and I got this message

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the 67.227.175.164 home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
You can also see a list of related sites.

HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Bear in mind I can reach it every other time. It's when I go to post THAT SPECIFIC POST that it fails.

theschmizz
7th November 2008, 1:35 AM
for about a week the whole serebiiforums.com site was not available to me, i tried it on multiple browsers too. this is the first day ive been able to get on.

facetious
7th November 2008, 6:21 AM
for about a week the whole serebiiforums.com site was not available to me, i tried it on multiple browsers too. this is the first day ive been able to get on.
That's a different matter to Blackjack's.

l2proxy

MorseCoder
10th November 2008, 2:13 PM
I have also that problem, I tried to post but the Page wouldnt load, and It said internal server error and so I posted.. and same thing.. and when the PAge FINALLY loaded.. WOW.. octiple posts..