PDA

View Full Version : Hello there

mywoodstock
3rd November 2008, 12:11 AM
Hi, Im new to the forums and just found the "new user" section so I'd thought I'd drop a little introduction.

I've been a Serebii fan for ages now constantly using the site to help in, of course, all things pokemon but have never thought to join the forums as I'm not really much of a forum person. I joined really because I am interested in getting into competative battling, which I am very much a newbie. I usually just play through each new game a few times with different starters/teams, not really putting too much thought into it but I have been reading the pokemon of the week section of the site a little and I like the look of it.

Any advice on where and how to start would be much appreciated, though I am waiting for platinum to be released to really get started.

Profesco
3rd November 2008, 1:55 PM
If you have Emerald version, throw yourself into the Battle Frontier. It's a great way to begin looking at Pokemon from a highly competitive point of view. Otherwise, the RSE and DP sections are good places to find other competitive beginners like yourself.

Welcome to SPPf, read the rules, and enjoy yourself. ^_^

Andy787
3rd November 2008, 7:11 PM
Welcome!!

Stay active..... and please, make yourself at home :)

mywoodstock
3rd November 2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks guys, I shall surely try to stay active. Been browsing around a bit and there are some pretty interesting reads round here :)

I've just had a bit of a go at the battle frontier and it deffinatly shows all the weaknesses in my current team but what the hey, im still learning!

SHUCKLE MAN
3rd November 2008, 11:08 PM
Hi. :)

You can check out the Advance In-Game Team Rate (http://serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118) section to check out other people's strategies for the Battle Frontier if you wish.

I suggest you take a look around and see which parts of the forum you most like the look of. I see you've already been to the Nintendo Discussion (http://serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27), which happens to be a section that I quite like. :)

Anyways, I hope that you have a great stay here. :)