PDA

View Full Version : New, but... kind of old.

Shinneth
4th November 2008, 7:31 AM
Shin's here to say hi! I've been relatively obscure in the Pokemon fandom most of the time; I've spent most years just sitting in the background and watching the fireworks. But since I don't really have any friends to chat about Pokemon with, I decided to spread out my wings and try out new places! I fully plan to lose my sanity. I'm 22, so... if there's a distinct smell of old fart in my mannerisms, that's why.

I just recently wrote part of my very first Pokemon fanfic (I've been generally writing fanfiction for over a decade), taking an interest in what's happening in the anime series as of late, and I've taken a liking to Pokemon Special as well.

So, beyond that... I'm big on fandoms like South Park, Digimon, the Tales of series, Sonic the Hedgehog, Earthbound, and other things. I'm really into Total Drama Island right now, and I'm all for nostalgia in cartoons and anime from the 80s and beyond. I was part of the last generation before the networks suddenly decided it was no longer PC to air cartoons from the past 20 to 60 years. Throw a nostalgic cartoon at me, and there's a good chance I watched and loved it.

It's weird, because I'm so into the nostalgia that I haven't really gotten into many series from this decade. So I write, I also draw, color manga, digitally alter things for fun, collect fanart, and make random left-field theories and musings. It may come off as rather silly and whimsical to you~

And that's enough for now. Feel free to throw questions at me. Salutations, everybody!

Ebil McClucky
4th November 2008, 8:18 AM
Welcome,have fun,obey the rules and avoid the trolls!

If you need a friend, just ask.

SHUCKLE MAN
4th November 2008, 8:31 AM
Hi Shinneth!

Don't worry, there are a lot of members in their early 20s here, so you won't be alone. :)

And I love nostalgia too. I play my Nintendo 64 more than my other consoles for that very reason (well, and I also think the games on it are far better).

Anyway, have a great time here. :)

mywoodstock
4th November 2008, 12:56 PM
Hi there,

Its funny really as up to two days ago I thought I was the only twenty-something to still be playing this game and now that Ive joined this forum it seems there are loads, which in a funny way is quite relieving :D

And I love nostalgia too. I play my Nintendo 64 more than my other consoles for that very reason (well, and I also think the games on it are far better).

Ha, agreed to the nth degree on N64's greatness! Nothing can quite match the likes of Goldeneye and PD in terms of replayability.

Wiimote
4th November 2008, 1:50 PM
Welcome. ^_^

Well, not much else I can say except, I hope you enjoy it here.

AEROBLASTER
4th November 2008, 2:32 PM
You seem... smarter than most of the new people here.

Blue Snover
4th November 2008, 2:51 PM
Welcome to the forums, from one old fart to another.

Hope you enjoy the forums.

diywid
4th November 2008, 4:18 PM
Hi there, Shinneth, I hope you enjoy using these forums. There is a fan fiction section on this website so you can show other people your work.

MarshtompMan
4th November 2008, 6:51 PM
Shin's here to say hi! I've been relatively obscure in the Pokemon fandom most of the time; I've spent most years just sitting in the background and watching the fireworks. But since I don't really have any friends to chat about Pokemon with, I decided to spread out my wings and try out new places! I fully plan to lose my sanity. I'm 22, so... if there's a distinct smell of old fart in my mannerisms, that's why.

I just recently wrote part of my very first Pokemon fanfic (I've been generally writing fanfiction for over a decade), taking an interest in what's happening in the anime series as of late, and I've taken a liking to Pokemon Special as well.

So, beyond that... I'm big on fandoms like South Park, Digimon, the Tales of series, Sonic the Hedgehog, Earthbound, and other things. I'm really into Total Drama Island right now, and I'm all for nostalgia in cartoons and anime from the 80s and beyond. I was part of the last generation before the networks suddenly decided it was no longer PC to air cartoons from the past 20 to 60 years. Throw a nostalgic cartoon at me, and there's a good chance I watched and loved it.

It's weird, because I'm so into the nostalgia that I haven't really gotten into many series from this decade. So I write, I also draw, color manga, digitally alter things for fun, collect fanart, and make random left-field theories and musings. It may come off as rather silly and whimsical to you~

And that's enough for now. Feel free to throw questions at me. Salutations, everybody!

You're welcome to join my Total Drama Island FanClub in the clubs section.

Shinneth
4th November 2008, 11:10 PM
Ooh, TDI club. Enticing!

You seem... smarter than most of the new people here.

Being on the internet for over a decade will force some common sense into you eventually, I guess. Either that or I'm just really good about being deceptive. Still, yeah. I was internet-abled since the days of AOL 2.0, so I had many a year to get the newbie out of me.

Thanks, everybody else! Didn't expect this much of a welcome. And yes, it is reassuring to know there's plenty of people in my age group here.