PDA

View Full Version : The Pokemon Of The Week Club

S.Bustathedog
12th November 2008, 8:24 PM
Curently closed may open up in the leter futer

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/uxie.pngWelcome To The PTW
Club!http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/dragonite.png

Hello and welcome to the Pokemon Of The Week Club; other wise known as the PTW. As you may have guessed from its name, this is a club where we discuss the Pokemon of the week from Serebii.net.

But before I say anything else here are the rules;

1) Follow the Serebii Forums rules
2) No SPAMING
3) No one-liners
4) Don't insult other people
5) MOST of all have FUN!!!

Just to make a point; pleasedon't ask to be a co-owner. I will PM you if I see fit.

Ideas And Policies:

In the PTW we discuss the following:

A) The Moves chosen and the other options provided.

B) The Evs, Natures and Items.

C) The Counters Listed.

I will now also post the sets that are on Smogon (i can't copy and paste from serebii.net) and we will discuss the counters the sets.

PM Myself, or any other co-owner, If you have any Ideas/Concerns surrounding this.

Rewards and Ranks.

In the PTW club, members are ranked according to their total points:

-5 Points: Banned
0 Points: Newbie
10 Points: Member
25 Points: Semi-Pro Member
50 Points: Pro Member
75 Points: Semi-Expert Member
125 Points: Expert Member
175 Points: Elite Member
225 Points: Champion Member
275 Points: League Champion
350 Points: Battle Brain

Every constructive post in this club grants you one point to add to your Score. Rude and Spam posts will result in two points being taken off.

You can get larger amounts of points through any of the following too:

5 for, Donating club fan art.
5 for, A reference to the club in you SIG.
10 for, A club banner in you SIG.
15 for, Creating a cool club banner.
20 for, becoming a MOD/member of our staff.
30 for, Creating amazing fan art of this weeks featured PTW.

Becoming a Member:

Member invites are sent out via PM. If you wish to join you can send a PM to me and I will notify the Co-owners off are new arivel. You can also join bye just posting "can I join and i ike cheesey beans" in your first post (you don't have to know anything about traning or competitive play as long as you like pokemon you will be exectpted)

Pokemon we have discussed
Cacturne
Dragonite

Fan Art
By Blue Ace (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7334838&postcount=1)

Topics
Why do you think Nintendo dissided to give Slamence Dragon Dance?
Do you think Dragonite could have been Uber, and why?

Banners

Whe putting them in to your sig just get rid of the star*

http://i37.*******.com/6e3ukz.png
http://i37.*******.com/6e3ukz.png
Credit to SapphireL

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/arceus03/tralalala.jpg
Credit to arceus03

Right here is the list off staff and Co-owners.

Owner - S.Bustathedog (HAHAHA you can't beat my power fools :D)
Claims: Lucario and the ever so famous yellow furball Pikachu
Co-Owner+ - Blue Snover (Semi-Pro Member 40)
Claims:
Co-Owner - Contestnoir888 (Semi-Pro Member 32)
Claims:

Moderator - Blue Ace (Semi-Expert Member 77)
Claims:
Moderator - Arceus03 (Newbie 23)
Claims:
Moderator - (vacant)
Moderator - (vacant)

Members:
-ForteXXX (Semi-Pro Member 25)
-Lucazard (Newbie 7)
-MasterCharizard15 (Newbie 1)
-Poke-freind (Newbie 2)
-exersiseman09 (Newbie 2)
-Leon25270 (Newbie 4)
-Raptor Ruler (Newbie 2)
-ShiyGarchomp lvl100 (Newbie 1)
-Rad3n
-LegendaryDarkrai [Newbie]

I will update the pionts and Members every week when the new POTW comes out.

Update: thinking of changing the Team mascots disscusing more with co-owners check back for more very weekend for updates.

Thanks to Arkies for the pics. (im looking for better pics to go at the top something a bit more orinal plz pm if you have some)

Blue Snover
16th November 2008, 10:21 PM
Looks as though i'm your first member.

I'd be happy to accept the invite and the co-owner job, i think i'd be good for the job because i co-own a few clubs and also moderate as well, so i know how to follow club rules and also enforce them.

My favourite pokemon is Snover and my favourite colour is red.

S.Bustathedog
16th November 2008, 10:24 PM
YAY first member Thanks Blue but I can't except you untill you state your fav coulour and why you think you would be good for the job ;)

EDIT: I will post the First Pokemon off the week when I have more than 4 members :) I will update soon, bye for now

Raptor ruler
16th November 2008, 10:47 PM
Hi I would love to join and hopefully be a co-owner. Reasons why, I've joined a few clubs and made one of My own and I've read the rules a few times.

My Favorite Pokemon is Staraptor and favorite colour is Green

S.Bustathedog
16th November 2008, 11:01 PM
Hi I would love to join and hopefully be a co-owner. Reasons why, I've joined a few clubs and made one of My own and I've read the rules a few times.

My Favorite Pokemon is Staraptor and favorite colour is Green

YAY a new member, I wont givey you the co- owner job just yet i dont think i put in don't ask but in the future there is a posibility :) ok i will add your name now.

ForteXXX
16th November 2008, 11:57 PM
K, I'll join. I have too many favorite pokemanz but I guess if I had to pick one it'd be Marshtomp. My favorite color is Blue. What these things have to do with POTW escapes me, well, I had posted some movesets to talk about earlier but Busta didn't want me, from lack of something else to post I will now say "DUUUUURRRR~!!!!" ^_^

S.Bustathedog
17th November 2008, 12:04 AM
ForteXXX thank you for joing I will add you to the members list and also when I said suggest the idea off making up sets I didn't mean like that, I am the only one who is aloud to post pokemon we can do Empoleon later on but for now could you plz delete your post or edit it.

Blue Ace
17th November 2008, 12:30 AM
I 2nd ForteXXX =/

I really don't know what is going on here?

ForteXXX
17th November 2008, 12:47 AM
I am the only one who is aloud to post pokemon we can do Empoleon later on but for now could you plz delete your post or edit it.
That's not fair :/ if you're the only one who can make movesets what do we do? I will edit my post with a big "DUUUURRRR~!!!" instead as I don't know what else to ^_^;;

S.Bustathedog
17th November 2008, 12:55 AM
I 2nd ForteXXX =/

I really don't know what is going on here?

OK It will become clear when I have one more member but It is late here and you might have to wait till tomoz.

That's not fair :/ if you're the only one who can make movesets what do we do? I will edit my post with a big "DUUUURRRR~!!!" instead as I don't know what else to ^_^;;

I didn't mean it like that I meant only on the Pokemon off the week which is what the club is about bith off you Re-Read the rules i will to and make it more clear.

P.S I will post the pokemon off the week tomoz as im tired and im going to bed.

when I have posted the pokemon off the week we will discuss:

A) the Movesets (Including, Evs, Natures and Traits/Abilitys) that have been posted on the main site.

B) the Pokemon itself (whether we like it or not and if there could be any changes to it like Types, Colours, Name and things like that.

And, C) Pokemon that counter it and also ones that cover its weaknesses.

that is it, and because Forte suggested that we talk about move sets people have made up for THE POKEMON OFF THE WEEK ONLY I will add that also to the list, also Blue ace if you are going to join plz submit it how i asked plz.

you can still ask to join you have to state your Fav pokemon, why you think you should be in this club (in stating plz say either you are here to learn or you know what you are doing ) and what you Fav colour is. (LOL)

Rad3n
17th November 2008, 7:57 AM
This is what they didnt want you to see.

Welcome To The POTW Club!

Hello and welcome to the Pokemon Of The Week Club; other wise known as the POTW. As you may have guessed from its name, this is a club where we discuss the Pokemon of the week from Serebii.net.

But before I say anything else here are the rules;

2) No SPAMING
3) No one-liners
4) Don't insult other people
5) MOST of all have FUN!!!

Just to makea(Space)point; pleasedon't ask to be a co-owner. I will PM you if I see fit.

Ideas And Policies:

In the POTW we discuss the following:

A) The Moves chosen and the other options provided.

B) The Evs, Natures and Items.

C) The Counters Listed.

We also discuss articles that need updating and how this week's POTW could be made better. At POTW, we believe that the Forum should have a bigger voice before POTW are posted on the main site.

PM Myself, or any other co-owner, If you have any Ideas/Concerns surrounding this.

Rewards and Ranks.

In the POTW club, members are ranked according to their total points:

-5 Points: Banned
0 Points: Newbie
10 Points: Member
25 Points: Semi-Pro Member
50 Points: Pro Member
75 Points: Semi-Expert Member
125 Points: Expert Member
175 Points: Elite Member
225 Points: Champion Member
275 Points: League Champion
350 Points: League Master

Every constructive post in this club grants you one point to add to your Score. Rude and Spam posts will result in two points being taken off.

You can get larger amounts of points through any of the following too:

5 for, Donating club fan art.
5 for, A reference to the club in you SIG.
10 for, A club banner in you SIG.
15 for, Creating a cool club banner.
20 for, becoming a MOD/member of our staff.
30 for, Creating amazing fan frt of this weeks featured POTW.

Spending Points:

Add a bloody shop >_>.

Becoming a Member:

Member invites are sent out via PM. If you wish to join you can send a PM to me or any other Co-Owner. Please don't clutter the thread with "Can I join?" PM is much easier.

Fanart

Pokemon we have already discussed

Right here is the list off staff and Co-owners.

Founder - S.Bustathedog
Co-Owner - Blue Snover (Semi-Pro Member {26})
Co-Owner - (vacant)

Moderator - Raptor Ruler (Newbie {1})
Moderator - (vacant)
Moderator - (vacant)
Moderator - (vacant)

Other Members:
-ForteXXX (Semi-Pro Member {27})

Spelling, grammar and suggestions in BOLD.

S.Bustathedog
17th November 2008, 11:29 AM
OK I have Updated the first post thanks to Rad3n, Now there has been some debate on what the name off the club should be the POTW or the PTW no we will have a vote on that and also are team mascote

these are the team mascots

Lucario
Infernape
Empoleon
Mew
Celebii (Shiney)
Manphy
Charizard
Pikachu/Pichu
Togekiss

I will anounce the winner in a couple off days so if you are joinijng remember to add what name you want and what team mascot out off the ones i have mentione above^.

BE HAPPY AND JOIN ;)

Rad3n
17th November 2008, 11:38 AM
Cacturne for Mascot! :\

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll76/_Rad3n_/fiveminutes.png

Lucazard
17th November 2008, 11:44 AM
Hi there, this club is interesting i might consider joining.
If this thread ever dies that would be embarrassing and this could also help serebii to choose the next pokemon of the week every single week, as he might take a consideration of the pokemon we choose

Blue Snover
17th November 2008, 11:44 AM
My vote for mascot will have to go to Charizard, because it seems like the best one out of the list of nominees.

It's also the one i've seen most as a pokemon of the week.

Lucazard, could you add to your post as one liners are not allowed.

Rad3n Cacturne isn't on the list so could you vote for one on the list please.

Lucazard
17th November 2008, 11:46 AM
My fav pokemon is charizard and my fav. colour is red.
My other pokemon is lucario and both is made into lucazard like my user name.

Rad3n
17th November 2008, 11:56 AM
99% Of クラブス Use Cha[rizard] as their masCOTs. Appo logies on the weir¥ fon. My キーボード イs Stuck on Ka taカナ。。。 「。。)¥

S.Bustathedog
17th November 2008, 11:57 AM
i also have realised that, charizard is the most popular from the pokemon of the week.

Im sorry to say this Luczard but you haven't followed the rules on how to join so could you plz follow them and edirt your last post and delte your first one. How ever because you had been told once then you will start with one warning I will PM you if opther wise.

PS I will edit this post when I have edited the first one.

EDIT: welcome to are newestt member luczard, (YOU WONT BER ISSUED WITH A WARNING)

Hi there, this club is interesting i might consider joining.
If this thread ever dies that would be embarrassing and this could also help serebii to choose the next pokemon of the week every single week, as he might take a consideration of the pokemon we choose

We don't pick we use his if he doesnt have one then me and the co-owners will deside on one. (Rad3n are you in or out?)

Rad3n
17th November 2008, 12:49 PM

I move that S.Bustathedog be removed from the club for breaking the forum rules and Double Posting.

xD

S.Bustathedog
17th November 2008, 1:02 PM
I move that S.Bustathedog be removed from the club for breaking the forum rules and Double Posting.

xD

Rad3n your not even in the club you havent said that you want to be and there is Half an hour difference in the posts but never mind I will edit now.

Update, ok guys I am njust wait for confurmation from Serebii/Joe, then I will post the pokemon of the week FINALLY!!

Raptor ruler
17th November 2008, 2:00 PM
Manaphy for Mascot wooo

S.Bustathedog
17th November 2008, 2:22 PM
Thank you for your vote Raptor ruler.

If any one wants to join just say and I will be happy to except you!
OK here is the First pokemon off the week I have put in alink to the page because I can't copy and paste at the mo but i will get back to you on that ASAP.

http://www.serebii.net/potw-dp/332.shtml

OK people rate and have fun!

S.Bustathedog
17th November 2008, 6:14 PM
OK I will go first so that you understand what im talking about ;).

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/cacturne.png

Cacturne, In my opion Cacturne could do better than UU, Maybe give it an evolution or give it some better moves like the element punches (I stand corrected but I have a feeling he already has them). Maybe raise his base speed bye what 30 or so and if they where to do that they should lower his ATK to 100 or 105 just to even it a bit.

Also why give is Sand viel? what is the point in that, I mean it is a grass type so would it be better to give it over grow or that on that raise its speed in sunny weather (can't remember the name :) ). OK I understand that in R/S/E you catch it in the desert but still IMO it wasn't a smart chocie. (don't qute this I know it is imune to sandstorm I was just saying)

Now I do have to say that this pokemons movepool in the PHY side is medicore to good but not the best I have seen around but here is a move set i have made up (all the movesets I have done will be checked against Serebii,Psypoke, and Smogon to make sure im not copying anything)

Note some off these have just been edited from smogon and serebii :)
My move sets:

This set is a spin on the PHY and SPEC sets

Cacturne @Focus sash
Gentle
Sand Viel
EVs: 252 HP/28 Sp.Atk/228 Atk

~Sub/Counter
~Focus punch
~Grassknot/Flamethrower
~Seed bomb/Sucker punch

Well the Evs are mainly basic first I had it and even 128 / 128 between spec and phy atk but then I thought that I have one Spec move so what is the point, With the moves I was thinking that they should counter as much as possible but I couldn't decide on which PHY STAB move I should have but im thinking now that it should be Sucker punch but Meh. As with the counter issue If i have it then a Gentle nature to activate my Sash if not then I have no idea wjhat nature to have maybe one off the ones that don't do anything, like Serious.

Set-up/PHY

Cacturne @Lefties
Adamant
Sand veil
EVs: 252 Hp/252 Atk/ 6 Spd

~Spikes
~Toxic
~Giga drain
~Protect

Now you are most likly thinking WHY toxic stall, and my answer is BEACUSE I FEEL LIKE IT, well the EVs and the nature are oviuse (I don't know how to spell it) then spike to get more damage on foes that switch in then use toxic if they switch toxic then keep going and then just stall with Protect and Giga drain

MY RANDOM SET OFF THIS WEEK IS

~Embargo
~Swords dance
~Thunder punch
~Dark pulse

COVER TO THE MAX (PS IM GOING TO THAT RANDOM BIT EVRY WEEK BUT YOU DON'T have to reply to it but to be onest don't you people do it ok!!! )

COUNTERS

Well I don't have a vast Knowledge of the UU teir but I would have to say a Blaziekien could beat this thing any day with well BB flarebiltz any thing super effective.

Right guys now you talk about what could be changed on this sets or any off the once from what Je has done put plz state which set you are talking about eaither Joe's or mine and what number down it is so we Know what your ares saying

P.S I hope you get it now :)

ForteXXX
17th November 2008, 6:35 PM
I demand to be removed of the title "N00B" for my skillz are far beyond my years; jk, I'm no expert, but I'm no n00by. Here's my opinion on the latest Pokemon Of The Week, Cacturne:

Move Sets

Dance-Punch-Punch

- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute / Seed Bomb
Item Attached: Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Okay, well for starters Cacturne is one of my favorite pokemanz so I like the set. I think putting Focus Sash over Lefties would be more beneficial as you don't have to predict your brains out to get a SD in. Uh, maybe a more specific EV spread instead of shoving all the EV's into speed have a specific target you need to outrun, though I can't contribute as I'm not good at UU nor plan to be. Thunder Punch could probably be used over Sub/Seed Bomb so you can get flyers like Swellow on the switch-in.

Sub-Seed-Punch-Punch

- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch
Item Attached: Leftovers
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
I like this set allot more, its one of the few subseeders who get leftovers recovery in SS(the others being Torterra and Breloom) I can only think of probably changing the EV's to a max leftovers recovery in health, but only a small investment.

Choice Specs

- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball / Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
Item Attached: Choice Specs
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
I like this set allot more, and would probably work really well in a TrickRoom team, but other then that I don't see this working as it only outspeeds Shuckle and loses to even the likes of Weezing :(

The other sets are just CounterSash and CounterSD, I see the CounterSash working but I don't like using one of my favs as a suicidal pokemanz :(

Anyway, that's my two cents.

S.Bustathedog
17th November 2008, 6:45 PM
thank you ForteXXX for doing the right thing, Ok people now it is clear to me you either rate some elses movesets (like mine) or as ForteXXX has done point out your views on Joes or mine OR make up your own Sets :)

Poke-friend
18th November 2008, 2:20 AM
Um, yeah. I guess I'd like to join. This seems fun. I recieved a PM. Does that mean I'm a member already?

Blue Snover
18th November 2008, 10:18 AM
OK I will go first so that you understand what im talking about ;).

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/cacturne.png

Cacturne, In my opion Cacturne could do better than UU, Maybe give it an evolution or give it some better moves like the element punches (I stand corrected but I have a feeling he already has them). Maybe raise his base speed bye what 30 or so and if they where to do that they should lower his ATK to 100 or 105 just to even it a bit.

Also why give is Sand viel? what is the point in that, I mean it is a grass type so would it be better to give it over grow or that on that raise its speed in sunny weather (can't remember the name :) ). OK I understand that in R/S/E you catch it in the desert but still IMO it wasn't a smart chocie. (don't qute this I know it is imune to sandstorm I was just saying)

Now I do have to say that this pokemons movepool in the PHY side is medicore to good but not the best I have seen around but here is a move set i have made up (all the movesets I have done will be checked against Serebii,Psypoke, and Smogon to make sure im not copying anything)

Note some off these have just been edited from smogon and serebii :)
My move sets:

This set is a spin on the PHY and SPEC sets

Cacturne @Focus sash
Gentle
Sand Viel
EVs: 252 HP/28 Sp.Atk/228 Atk

~Sub/Counter
~Focus punch
~Grassknot/Flamethrower
~Seed bomb/Sucker punch

Well the Evs are mainly basic first I had it and even 128 / 128 between spec and phy atk but then I thought that I have one Spec move so what is the point, With the moves I was thinking that they should counter as much as possible but I couldn't decide on which PHY STAB move I should have but im thinking now that it should be Sucker punch but Meh. As with the counter issue If i have it then a Gentle nature to activate my Sash if not then I have no idea wjhat nature to have maybe one off the ones that don't do anything, like Serious.

Set-up/PHY

Cacturne @Lefties
Adamant
Sand veil
EVs: 252 Hp/252 Atk/ 6 Spd

~Spikes
~Toxic
~Giga drain
~Protect

Now you are most likly thinking WHY toxic stall, and my answer is BEACUSE I FEEL LIKE IT, well the EVs and the nature are oviuse (I don't know how to spell it) then spike to get more damage on foes that switch in then use toxic if they switch toxic then keep going and then just stall with Protect and Giga drain

MY RANDOM SET OFF THIS WEEK IS

~Embargo
~Swords dance
~Thunder punch
~Dark pulse

COVER TO THE MAX (PS IM GOING TO THAT RANDOM BIT EVRY WEEK BUT YOU DON'T have to reply to it but to be onest don't you people do it ok!!! )

COUNTERS

Well I don't have a vast Knowledge of the UU teir but I would have to say a Blaziekien could beat this thing any day with well BB flarebiltz any thing super effective.

Right guys now you talk about what could be changed on this sets or any off the once from what Je has done put plz state which set you are talking about eaither Joe's or mine and what number down it is so we Know what your ares saying

P.S I hope you get it now :)

I think Sand Veil fits well with Cacturne, because it helps boost its defense stat.

I'd think i'd like to see it with the following moveset:

Dark Pulse
Drain Punch
Needle Arm
Shadow Ball

I think it's be best with an Adamant nature, and i agree about raising some of the stats and lowering others.

I think it should have a higher defense stat, because it is vunerable against fire and ice where as some types are usually only weak against one type.

It should also have a higher speed stat, that way it will have a higher chance of a first attack.

S.Bustathedog
18th November 2008, 10:53 AM
Um, yeah. I guess I'd like to join. This seems fun. I recieved a PM. Does that mean I'm a member already?

Say hello to two off are newest members, Contestnoir888 and Poke-freind.

I will add you two to the members list shortly.

Blue snover I like your set, you could just maybe replace Shadow ball with Energy ball for more overage.

I don't see how Sand veil is of any use to it it doesn't learn Sandstorm so that means you have to use up one of your team members with either sandstream or Sandstorm to back it up it just seems a waste to me. OK it does raise it's defence but not bye enoth so that it survies a hit (doesn't it raise it evasion?). Definatly a higher speed stat i mean look at Metagross what is the point in have Cacturne have a base (I think) that is 55 they could atleast have made it 90 i mean its not good but it isn't to bad either.

ok people carry on going, and i would like some more members if you don't get it no problem pm me or Blue snover and we will explain.

ContestNoir888
18th November 2008, 10:54 AM
these are the team mascots

Lucario-Maybe
Infernape-I really dont like Fire types much
Empoleon-Nice
Mew- Oh god!
Celebii (Shiney)-Sppf's mascot , so no
Manphy-Pokelight Forums, is gonna make the mascot I think Manaphy or Lanturn
Charizard-Too cliched
Pikachu/Pichu-Honestly, hell no
Togekiss- Cute but wouldnt be suitable for the mascot of PTW

My fav pokemon is Empoleon atm, and my fav color would be Navy Blue with a mix of Silver

Dark Pulse
Drain Punch
Needle Arm
Shadow Ball

I think it's be best with an Adamant nature, and i agree about raising some of the stats and lowering others.

Best nature imo is Naughty

Blue Snover, Adamant lowers Special Attack at the same time, and Dark and Ghost basically cover the same types, so, no, and yes, it raises EDIT:meant evasion

S.Bustathedog
18th November 2008, 11:43 AM
well I'm thinking that I will go with Mew but I don't Know any one who can make Banners. any one?

ow and i will go and add contestnoir888 and poke-freind now!

ContestNoir888
18th November 2008, 1:49 PM
Go to the Fan Art Sections, I'll check if my friend Aerislana can make an exception to make our banner, cuz her shop's closed I think Sweet May's work and Northern Light's are awesome too.

S.Bustathedog
18th November 2008, 2:04 PM
Go to the Fan Art Sections, I'll check if my friend Aerislana can make an exception to make our banner, cuz her shop's closed I think Sweet May's work and Northern Light's are awesome too.

ok thanks I will check it out,

also can people go and ask others if they want to join PLZ :)

leon25270
19th November 2008, 12:50 PM
I asked S.Bustathedog if I could join and I received the PM saying that I could join. Hi!

Cacturne @ Choice Scarf
Jolly (Speed+, Sp.Attack-)
Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Spd/ The rest of the EVs depend on you, your style, or your strategy.

-Sucker Punch
-Seed Bomb
-Brick Break/Superpower
-Thunderpunch

As mentioned in some Pokemon of the Week articles, Choice Scarf movesets can also be seen as "revenge kill" sets. Since it's a UU Pokemon, you can add it to a Sand Streaming OU team if you feel like it. It would actually benefit from a team that relies on Sand Storm, and that team could benefit from Cacturne. Sure, you could use other Pokemon to do a revenge kill, but we're talking about Cacturne right now, so let's stay on topic.

This is my version of a Choice Scarf set. Without Choice Scarf, Cacturne's Max Speed is 229. With the 1.5x Speed Bost from Choice Scarf, its speed goes up to 343.5 (I don't know if you must round up or down), thus outspeeding Pokemon as fast as Electabuzz and Scyther (assuming that they're not holding a Choice Scarf as well). Just check the Serebii site for the other Pokemon that Cacturn can outrun.

For those that Cacturne can't outrun, it can always "stab" his opponent with Sucker Punch.

For those Water Pokemon who used Ice Beam to KO a teammate, Cacturne has Seed Bomb in its disposal.

For those trainers who actually decide to use Ice Pokemon to take down your ground types, you can use either Brick Break or Superpower. Brick break because it doesn't have the negative effects of Superpower, but since it's a Choice set, Cacturne would most probably switch out a lot and you wouldn't have to worry about the lowered Attack caused by Superpower...

You could opt to add Thunderpunch for those annoying Flying-Types. You may never know.

Well, here's my three cents (yeah, three cents, not two). Feel free to point out the flaws.

Rad3n
19th November 2008, 1:01 PM
^ I still think that's a little bit off. If you check the speed tiers for UU, a CS Cacturne fits just above the middle. You say it can simply sucker punch but that is Cacturne's best aspect. Cacturne is better suited to a Choice Band any day Imo.

Something like this (Though this sucks) is an idea of what Cacturne can do.

Cacturne @ Choice Band
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant - Sand Veil
~Sucker Punch
~Focus Punch
~(Coverage Filler)
~(Coverage Filler)

Sucker Punch for Priority and Focus Punch for switches. Filler options include counter etc. but Cacturne needs Pursuit really bad.

A Choice Scarf Set might look a little more like this IMO:

Cacturne @ Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly - Sand Veil
~Destiny Bond
~Sucker Punch
~(Coverage Filler)
~(Coverage Filler)

Very simple but it could abuse destiny bond fairly effectively.

Personally I think that these two sets suck but it's the direction I'd think in.

arceus03
19th November 2008, 2:01 PM
As an early note:
I'm... not very good at rating online pokes. Uh, whatever.

I'm joining.

Blue Ace
19th November 2008, 4:13 PM
Just sign me up =/

I'd feel more comfortable if Rad3n joined too, intelligent people are needed to be taken somewhat seriously.

Also I haz art (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7334838&postcount=1)

I also have Kingdra, Registeel, Swampert, Pikachu, Grumpig, New Infernape, New Vaporeon, New Porygon2 art. Never added them to the thread as I made them after I had it closed.

Poke-friend
20th November 2008, 3:45 AM
I'll have a shot at it. I must warn you, my sets are pretty...not great.

Cacturne @ Focus Sash/Leftovers
Naughty Nature
252/atk/6 def/252 spd
-Counter
-Payback
-Revenge
-Needle Arm

Well, there. Concept is really simple: gets hit once, it hits back twice as hard. Cacturne can learn Sandstorm.
(oh no, epic fail...)

Rad3n
20th November 2008, 7:44 AM
I'd feel more comfortable if Rad3n joined too, intelligent people are needed to be taken somewhat seriously.

I'll join then for the same reasons as you ;) . I liked some of that art but not all of it. The colouring on it was pretty flawless. I was only really interested in the "extreme" angles. For example; Dusknoir is really interesting because of how it is presented. I don't know if I like or hate the Gengar but whatever: This isn't the right thread for that.

I think that Cacturne is a pretty unfortunate choice for discussion because it doesn't have any options not already outlined. It has enough moves for a Counter-Sash set. It has some useful STABs that can be manipulated into a Switch-Enforcer set. If Cacturne knew Pursuit it would be so much better. All else it has not discussed are choice sets. And there is ALWAYS a better choice user (Who tends to be doing something useful on your team already).

S.Bustathedog
20th November 2008, 12:37 PM
Thank you for joining Rad3n,

and i do think your right with Cacturne he doesn't have many chocies but MEH maybe the next POTW will we will just have to see.

Ok an update, The mascot has been decided as Uxie now if anyone could make a banner or userbar that would be great! thanks

bye

MasterCharizard15
20th November 2008, 11:04 PM
Can I join?
I have experience with Competitive Battling so I can contribute to a conversation about the PTW!

S.Bustathedog
20th November 2008, 11:07 PM
Shore mastercharizard, plz follow the rulse and have fun.

Im looking for a mod so look out it could be you!

MasterCharizard15
20th November 2008, 11:17 PM
;332;
Neddle Arm
Sucker Punch
Rock Slide
SandStorm
Now Why this crazy set works....
Neddle Arm-STAB,Rock,Ground,Water
Sucker Punch-STAB,Psychic,Ghost
Rock Slide-Bug,Ice,Flying,Fire,(Covers alot of weakness!)
Sandstorm-Ablitiy,

shineygarchomp lvl100
21st November 2008, 10:23 AM
Hl i am a new member S.Bustathedog pmed me and said i could join.
So this weeks Pokemon

Cacturne@Focus sash
Adamant
252atk 252spd
Counter
Focus punch
Sucker punch
Revenge
Cacturne plays the prediction game.Focus punch and Sucker punch for obvious reason.Counter makes it interesting if its facing a Physical sweeper which it cant Ohko with Sucker Punch it uses sash counter.Revenge is for Special sweepers
sash Revenge but its not as useful as Counter.This set needs a lot of prediction to work.

arceus03
21st November 2008, 2:08 PM
Cacturne would only perform well if someone before him has already set up a Sandstorm IMO.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa332.png
Cacturne, Hasty (+Speed, -Def)
Item: BrightPowder (Is this hold item actually allowed?)
-Swords Dance
-Seed Bomb
-Dark Pulse
-Brick Break
Entirely based on luck. Get a lucky Swords Dance boost and then sweep away. Brick Break is because it's awesome when combined with Dark.

Told you I'm not good at this =P

ContestNoir888
21st November 2008, 2:19 PM
Problem is Toxickroak resists all of the moves posted & is gonna Posion Jab/ Gunk Shot you to death, and Heracross is gonna slaugther it too, Focus Sash could be do better, provided, you have a Spinner to get rid of SR and Spikes..... Fire Punch for DrySkinCroak and Hera, if it leanrs it that is

S.Bustathedog
21st November 2008, 2:31 PM
Problem is Toxickroak resists all of the moves posted & is gonna Posion Jab/ Gunk Shot you to death, and Heracross is gonna slaugther it too, Focus Sash could be do better, provided, you have a Spinner to get rid of SR and Spikes..... Fire Punch for DrySkinCroak and Hera, if it leanrs it that is

I agre with you there, but i doesnt learn fire punch only T-punch :(,

I don't really like this pokemon but atleast we are safe from heracross (hera is ou or bl not uu) and it does get hit and most likely in one hit by many thing balzienken and toxicoark.

well the next POTW should be out in about 3 day so yer bye for now.

Rad3n
23rd November 2008, 3:18 AM
I agre with you there, but i doesnt learn fire punch only T-punch :(,

I don't really like this pokemon but atleast we are safe from heracross (hera is ou or bl not uu) and it does get hit and most likely in one hit by many thing balzienken and toxicoark.

well the next POTW should be out in about 3 day so yer bye for now.

Heracross is OU but Cacturne does see use in OU play. Being immune (and benefited) by sandstorm despite being Grass/Dark makes it a useful member as it adds to your type diversity.

Most Sandstorm teams consist of Steel / Rock / Ground types as they are immune to sandstorm.
Some sandstorm choices are good because they add a second type:
~Heatran (adds Fire)
~Scizor / Forry (adds Bug)
~Skarmory / Gliscor (adds Flying)
~Cacturne (adds Grass and Dark)
~Lucario (adds Fighting)
~Bronzong / Jirachi / Metagross (adds Psychic)
~Magnezone (adds Electric)
~Empoleon (adds Water)
~Tyranitar (adds Dark)
~Mamoswine (adds Ice)

Cacturne is a decent choice because it packs two types (albeit another set of painful weaknesses).

Poke-friend
24th November 2008, 2:25 AM
New POTW am I right?

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Inner Focus
6 HP/252 atk/252 spd
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

Standard issue. Sorry I couldn't be more creative. Mixed is cool too.

S.Bustathedog
24th November 2008, 3:44 PM
I'm sorry for not doing the POTW but im a bit bussy with things in my home I will try and get it up tonight some time if not then definatly tomorow.

ok for now you can chat about your Fav pokemon and what pokemon you used the first time you started the game :D.

Im also thinking off doing topics so the club is a bit more active can i have your ideas on this plz.

S.Bustathedog
25th November 2008, 12:35 AM
OK this weeks POTW is Dragonite one of my favs and one off are team mascots (more info on the mascots in good time my freinds)

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/dragonite.png

Poor old Dragonite stuck in that big bad gap between UU and OU iI feel orry for him and about half a dozeen other pokemon :(, but anyway this is what nintendo say about Dragonite in my Dreams "a nice addition that could get him out of that gap/rute is to give him a random move that covers a hell off alot with his others it's ow wait there aren't any arwell we will just give him crappy speed lowered atk and juck him in the swimming pool and see if he floats" well they could have given him better speed but noo they didn't so..... anyway I like Dragonite how he is I would use him anyday over Mence (i have used mence once for the BT).

And his abillity well that is a sight for sorw eyes aswell Inner focus in some ways is good and in some Bad. In Bad it gives him no extra hold over Mence and the Good well he is immune to flinching which in my opion is usless half the moves that have Finlch have a rate of 20% to 30% so not very good. im getting the feeling they disigned Dragonite Thougth he looked good then gave him not very good stuff to make him what theuy thougth back then "the best".

OK im pretty much going to make 4 sets each more or less my creation but im going to use smogon spreads cuz they seem better than mine :)

Defensive-Hazer

Dragonite @Leftovers
Lax
Inner focus
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Spe

Light screen
Haze
T-Wave/DD
Dragon claw/Outrage

OK you would have to use haze right at the end off your setting up and a couple of attacks in so that they don't expect it. DD for attack and speed boost or T-wave for the speed cut im not to sure i would have T-wave just to annoy the other peson more but then again DD i would rather have with Outrage so it's your chocie

Dargonite @Chocie scarf
Jolly
Inner focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 Hp

Thunderpunch
Outrage
Ice punch
Fire punch

Anice movepool that covers alot off things basic tatic switch in attack switch out rinse lather repeat. nothing much to say really!

Dragonite @Life orb
Jolly
Inner focus
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spd / 6 Hp

Flamethrower
Draco meteor
Roost
Ice beam

I didn't have a Chocie item on it for speacial im not to sure why but it just means you don't have to be switching in and out all the time. Flamethrower for fory and Scizor who would usually block this to hell Draco Meteor for the STAB and Ice beam for the likes off Mence othe Dragonite and mainly coverage.

Dragonite @Leftovers
Impish
Inner focus
EVs: 128 Def / 128 Sp.Def / 190 Hp / 64 Atk

Light screen
Protect
Toxic
Dragon Claw

OK the EVs are of my own creation im not sure what they are doing but they look good to me :D, this has the potencial to annoy the living day lights out off some one Light screen up then Spam Toxic the protect away the only thing is is this is walled by steel types especialy Heateran but to cover both at the same time would mean having to give up to moves (Cuz Skarmory block EQ)

Weel they are my movesets disscus make up and enjoy :)

Edit: added Stuff.

Ok New to the club are topics now I have added these because I fell the club isn't very active you can start topics but you have to have conformation from me :)

Why do you think Nintendo dissided to give Slamence Outrage?

Well I think they did it 1) so that it out classed Dragonite to give them a better gap between them and 2) Cuz they felt like it no I thing they did it just to PISS us all of and make nice little dragonit redundent (i used a big word :D)

Well in the Anime I think they could have made him more signicant, in the Games no because they have the 3 birds if they had made it 4 birds, 4 dogs and 4 pixes then yes he could have gone in with the 3 birds but as I say other wise a big fat NO

arceus03
25th November 2008, 1:29 AM
Salamence really outclasses Nite in Platinum due to the existence of Outrage move tutor. Dragonite will need something like Ice Beam/elemental punch so Salamence can't follow him around =\

Dargonite @Chocie scarf
Jolly
Inner focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 Hp

Thunderpunch
Outrage
Ice punch
Fire punch

Anice movepool that covers alot off things basic tatic switch in attack switch out rinse lather repeat. nothing much to say really!

I don't think Choice items are Dragonite's best area. It forces a lot of switching, and your opponent can use this as an advantage to set up Stealth Rock. The page on Serebii itself said that an Ice Beam will most likely be an OHKO if Nite has lose 25% of his health..

Dragonite @Life orb
Jolly
Inner focus

Flamethrower
Draco meteor
Roost
Ice beam

I didn't have a Chocie item on it for speacial im not to sure why but it just means you don't have to be switching in and out all the time. Flamethrower for fory and Scizor who would usually block this to hell Draco Meteor for the STAB and Ice beam for the likes off Mence othe Dragonite and mainly coverage.

Using Draco Meteor on a non-Choice Nite, though, is very risky. If you put him out for too long you'd be in trouble. IMO Dragon Pulse > Draco Meteor.

That's my two cents.

Ok New to the club are topics now I have added these because I fell the club isn't very active you can start topics but you have to have conformation from me :)

Why do you think Nintendo dissided to give Slamence Dragon Dance?

Well I think they did it 1) so that it out classed Dragonite to give them a better gap between them and 2) Cuz they felt like it no I thing they did it just to PISS us all of and make nice little dragonit redundent (i used a big word :D)

Salamence already has Dragon Dance XD
The new move they gave him was Outrage

No no no. Certainly not. As I told you, Salamence outclasses Nite in Platinum, so if Salamence isn't an uber, so isn't Nite. Garchomp is one maybe because of his high Speed and ability to Swords Dance, but Salamence can't Swords Dance.

Dragonite hasn't got the Speed either.

EDIT: I'm still learning, so flame me if you want =P

Tell me if you feel that something is not right, be it the about the colour, sprite, text, whatsoever~
For the link, right click > properties.

S.Bustathedog
26th November 2008, 8:04 PM
ok thanks arceus for pointing out my mistake in the questions.

well is anyone going to do this weeks POTW?

um no new updates on anything really we hav a user banner and a banner if you would like to put one off them in your siga and we also have a new banner on the way:)

bye

Rad3n
27th November 2008, 7:57 AM
I'd like to have the points and rank next to my name removed. I like being in the club but I don't want to be pitted against others for something as trivial as discussion.

I think Dragonite's best attribute is its defensive capabilities. It has all manner of walling moves and Dragon is decent defensive typing. It might be vulnerable to Ice and Dragon but it walls everything else out the door.

shineygarchomp lvl100
27th November 2008, 8:11 AM
ok thanks arceus for pointing out my mistake in the questions.

well is anyone going to do this weeks POTW?

um no new updates on anything really we hav a user banner and a banner if you would like to put one off them in your siga and we also have a new banner on the way:)

bye
Nobody is doing this weeks coz dragonite is completely over shadowed by mence.

Dragonite@Life orb/Leftovers
252spatk 180spd 76atk
EQ
Flamethrower
Draco meteor
DDance

Strategy:The all out attacker. Mence does the job better but its bulkier so it helps.Leftover for surviability and LO for power.Flamethrower and EQ for coverage.Draco Meteor for insane power and when spatk drops it can sweep with EQ.DDance for boosting attack and speed.

Coz two reasons
1)To make it stronger and make it more useful
2)To put more shame on Dragonite :D

S.Bustathedog
27th November 2008, 10:40 AM
I'd like to have the points and rank next to my name removed. I like being in the club but I don't want to be pitted against others for something as trivial as discussion.

Fine

Nobody is doing this weeks coz dragonite is completely over shadowed by mence.

Dragonite@Life orb/Leftovers
252spatk 180spd 76atk
EQ
Flamethrower
Draco meteor
DDance

Strategy:The all out attacker. Mence does the job better but its bulkier so it helps.Leftover for surviability and LO for power.Flamethrower and EQ for coverage.Draco Meteor for insane power and when spatk drops it can sweep with EQ.DDance for boosting attack and speed.

Coz two reasons
1)To make it stronger and make it more useful
2)To put more shame on Dragonite :D

Thanks, and who cares if it is completely over shadowed by Mence i manged to do mine in 5 mins so Meh

ok people if you don't want to do the Qs or the POTW what should i add to the club to make it more active send me a pm if you have any ideas.

leon25270
27th November 2008, 1:24 PM
This is just a gimick moveset. If you've been reading Serebii's past POTW articles, you'll probably remember this moveset.

It's Dragonite using Togekiss' Para-Flinch moveset strategy. (Disclaimer: I've checked both the POTW and Smogon's articles on Dragonite. Both mention the use of Thunder Wave and Roost, but they didn't mention Dragonite's flinching moves.)

Dragonite @ Razor Fang (Do Not Equip for Standard Battles)/ Leftovers
Adamant/Jolly
Thunder Wave
Iron Head
Roost
Focus Punch

Now, I'm going to compare Dragonite with Togekiss based on the Para-Flinch strategy.

One wouldn't need to worry about Dragonite's Speed since both Dragonite and Togekiss have a Base Stat of 80 for Speed. (If you want to make Dragonite faster, then be my guest.)

Both Pokemon can learn Thunder Wave. (Dragonite can learn it via Level Up while Togekiss requires a TM to learn TW. Take that, Togekiss! Ha! But then, that's negligible since you can get as many Thunder Wave TM's as possible in DP.)

Dragonite, thanks to those nice Move Tutors from Platinum, has Iron Head in its disposal. Like Togekiss's Air Slash, Iron Head has a 30% chance of flinching the foe. One good point about Iron Head is its 100 Accuracy Value, as opposed to Air Slash's 95 Accuracy value.

Disclaimer: Don't look down upon the Base Power of Togekiss' Air Shash (Base Power of 75 as opposed to the Base Power of 80 of Dragonite's Iron Head). Air Slash benefits from Flying STAB (Believe me. I looked up Smogon's Damage Calculation article and used their equation. I substituted constants into the equation and I remembered to factor in the propoer values for Attack and Special Attack, considering that Air Slash is Special while Iron Head is Physical).

Now, we have Roost. At least we don't need to breed or use up a TM for Dragonite to learn it. If you time it right, you could heal while your opponent is stuck in paralysis.

The final move for Dragonite is Focus Punch. Iron Head can't handle Fire and Water Pokes, but Focus Punch can. Think of Thunder Wave as a Pseudo-Substitute. If you time it right, you could land a successful hit on your opponent. Sure, it's a bit more risky than using an actual Substitute, but that's what makes it more fun! (Insert Smiley Here) Besides, you still have Roost, that is, if you're still alive to use it... (Insert Evil Laugh Here)

Now, for the items...

No Hax Items
These are all the items that relies on luck to activate. These items are: Brightpowder, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Razor Fang and Scope Lens. (Tell me if I missed some).

Note: Scope Lens and Razor Claw are considered Hax items, but they are the only one that is accepted normally in Wi-Fi.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=290790
The post where this quote was quoted from was last edited by Volteon on 11-3-2008.

Well, it looks like you can't use Razor Fang in Standard Battles. It's alright, since this is just a gimick moveset, a moveset for fun.

However, if you really want to use it in Standard Battles, just go with Leftovers...

As a final statement, I hope you guys would have fun annoying your friends with this Para-Flinching Dragonite, whose moveset was inspired by Togekiss' Para-Flinch moveset.

ContestNoir888
27th November 2008, 3:19 PM
Any of Nite's STAB moves may replace Focus Punch, it's a bit risky like you said. Dragon and Steel is only resisted by obviously Steels, or if you want for another attack EQ might work, as Steel+Ground is resisted Zong and Skarmory and the Rotom & Appliances.

Rad3n
28th November 2008, 12:29 PM
Togekiss Para-Flinches better than Dragonite due to serene grace. You shouldn't consider something with a 1/3 success ratio when you sacrifice power and coverage for that added effect.

Blue Snover
29th November 2008, 5:51 PM
Well i think the Para-flinch set was a good idea, But i agree with Rad3n you wold have a less chance cuz it doesn't have serene grace.

S.Bustathedog, posted as requested.

S.Bustathedog
30th November 2008, 10:53 PM
Well i think the Para-flinch set was a good idea, But i agree with Rad3n you wold have a less chance cuz it doesn't have serene grace.

S.Bustathedog
30th November 2008, 10:56 PM
OK check out the first post there is new info about what we do here and i keep getting the 500error so soz for the short posts and mods don't close im waiting for the error to go.

ForteXXX
1st December 2008, 1:01 AM
lol, MC-taichou, no offense but you aren't all that great at Competitive Battling xD Anyway, time-warping back to yesterday when Dragonite was the POTW:

Dragonite@ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Mild
EV spread: 112 Atk, 200 SpAtk, 196 Spd
Moves:
- Superpower
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

^That's Cerulean21's set and its pretty cool. Dragonite is inferior to Salamence, so what do you do? Make it not inferior, give it a job only it can do; use Superpower. It can kill Blissey and w/ SP and wreck havoc everywhere else, lots of fun.

Another fun set to run is Roost / Light Screen / Draco Meteor / Heal Bell, but that was already covered in the POTW.

Coming back to today, Chatot is a sucky yet cool pogey. It's main problem is BounceKarp outspeeds and OHKO's it every single time, hindering its ability to sweep majorley ;) I don't see much to talk about on it, I'm not a huge fan of UU but if I had to use it in OU I'd probably run:

Chatot@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tangled Feet
Nature: Hasty
EV spread: 6 Hp / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Moves:
- Hyper Voice
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power {Ground}
- U-Turn
It'd mainly be used for "counting" Heatran with HP{Ground} while outspeeding even ScarfTran. I could probably make a more detailed EV spread, but there's no point as its so fragile defense EV's would be a waste. Another use I could possibly see for Chatot is support:

Chatot@ Leftovers
EV spread: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 Hp
Moves:
- Chatter
- Taunt
- Encore
- Toxic
Most pokemon can only Taunt or Encore, this guy can do both. Comes in on walls and taunts those trying to set up SR, or if they set up when he switches in then I can Encore. Toxic is for walls that need to die and so it can actually do damage, and Chatter is just plain cool(only if it shouts "You're an idiot" though) and causes confusion. Though, I probably wouldn't use it outside of UU.

So yah, he's a really cool pogey, just not all that great and shouldn't be used outside of UU/NU =/

S.Bustathedog
1st December 2008, 6:02 PM
OK this weeks POTW is Chatot:

http://www.arkeis.com/images/pokemonfactory/chatot.png

Now seeing Chatot as POTW make ME want to train one, I like Chatot is is as the main site says a gimmick pokemon just one for show in my opion, but it can be usefull {thanks Platinum}. in my opion {yes another one} I think that this couldn't really hold its wait in OU it poor defenives and low stats overall hinder it BUT in UU i think it could go far. As far as it's ablitys go well Keen eye would always be my chocie it is a bit more usefull if you are playing no evasion clause but if not then it would have to be tangled feet.

ok now for the sets im thinking off doing three, and then the topics at the end.

Special sweeper

Chatot @Lefties
Tangled feet/Keen eye
Modest Nature

~Nasty plot
~Hyper voice
~Roost
~Heat wave

I like this set, I seem to like sets that have a healing move and a stat up move. This is just a basic set it's really very simple set stat up then heal if taken damage then Hyer voice or heat wave away.

Support

Chatot @lefties
Tangled feet
Bold/Calm nature
EVs: 252 Hp / 56 Sp.Def or Def / 100 Sp.Atk / 100 Spd

~Encore
~Taunt
~Roost
~Hyper vocie

I know blocked by Ghost types i know but it is a STAB move. simple lock the oponent in a PHY or SPECdepending on what you choce as you nature then hypervoce away if you want you can swap roost with Nastyplot.

Annoyer

Chatot @Lefties
Tangled feat
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Spd / 6 anything

~Swagger
~Feather Dance
~Toxic
~U-Turn

My own and im liking very annoying factor Swagger first turn if you think your slower then just U-Turn out, then Feather dance to negate the swagger rasie then toxic then U-Turn out to something that can wall im better :D

A counter in OU to Chatot is simple a Electravire could do it a Blissey or anything that resists normal and/or fire .

OK topics

In a simple set what would you have Chatots Chatter to say?

I would have it say either im better than you or Jog ON

Where do you think Chatot is better or more helpfull UU or OU?

In UU i would most likely make it a SPEC Swepper but in OU its to slow to do that so I would have it as an annoyer se above^

OK the you go.

P.S im haviong trouble with my sig i don't seem to be able to put in what i want if you can help i will send you a pm with more detail thanks bye:D

~

arceus03
2nd December 2008, 9:58 AM
Coming back to today, Chatot is a sucky yet cool pogey. It's main problem is BounceKarp outspeeds and OHKO's it every single time, hindering its ability to sweep majorley ;) I don't see much to talk about on it, I'm not a huge fan of UU but if I had to use it in OU I'd probably run:

Chatot@ Choice Scarf
EV spread: 6 Hp / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Moves:
- Hyper Voice
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power {Ground}
- U-Turn
It'd mainly be used for "counting" Heatran with HP{Ground} while outspeeding even ScarfTran. I could probably make a more detailed EV spread, but there's no point as its so fragile defense EV's would be a waste. Another use I could possibly see for Chatot is support:

Chatot@ Leftovers
EV spread: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 Hp
Moves:
- Chatter
- Taunt
- Encore
- Toxic
Most pokemon can only Taunt or Encore, this guy can do both. Comes in on walls and taunts those trying to set up SR, or if they set up when he switches in then I can Encore. Toxic is for walls that need to die and so it can actually do damage, and Chatter is just plain cool(only if it shouts "You're an idiot" though) and causes confusion. Though, I probably wouldn't use it outside of UU.

So yah, he's a really cool pogey, just not all that great and shouldn't be used outside of UU/NU =/

Erm, Ilforte, why would you give Chatot Hasty nature when he hasn't got any physical moves? For both sets, Timid could be better. Not that the defense drop really matters when his defense is already shaky, but..

And yes, although U-Turn is a physical move, it's not like it matters if he has a -Atk nature, not when U-Turn is just a move to get you out of the battlefield and not as a main attacking move.

But the sets are fine.

Special sweeper

Chatot @Lefties
Tangled feet/Keen eye
Modest Nature

~Nasty plot
~Hyper voice
~Roost
~Heat wave

I like this set, I seem to like sets that have a healing move and a stat up move. This is just a basic set it's really very simple set stat up then heal if taken damage then Hyer voice or heat wave away.

Support

Chatot @lefties
Tangled feet
Bold/Calm nature
EVs: 252 Hp / 56 Sp.Def or Def / 100 Sp.Atk / 100 Spd

~Encore
~Taunt
~Roost
~Hyper vocie

I know blocked by Ghost types i know but it is a STAB move. simple lock the oponent in a PHY or SPECdepending on what you choce as you nature then hypervoce away if you want you can swap roost with Nastyplot.

Annoyer

Chatot @Lefties
Tangled feat
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Spd / 6 anything

~Swagger
~Feather Dance
~Toxic
~U-Turn

My own and im liking very annoying factor Swagger first turn if you think your slower then just U-Turn out, then Feather dance to negate the swagger rasie then toxic then U-Turn out to something that can wall im better :D

But Chatter's confusion rate (if you have recorded your voice loud enough) should do better than Swagger+Feather Dance IMO. Even with Lefties on, Chatot won't even survive one hit. Even with Roost. The best thing (aka the ONLY thing) Chatot can do to keep alive while attacking would be to slap him with a Choice Scarf with Heat Wave/Chatter/HP Fight/Hyper Voice or Sash him and Nasty Plot can get in somewhere.

A counter in OU to Chatot is simple a Electravire could do it a Blissey or anything that resists normal and/or fire .

Chatot doesn't need a counter in OU. Nuff said.

OK topics

Tralalalala~
Nothing like a bit of singing to raise the spirit, eh? =P

Where do you think Chatot is better or more helpfull UU or OU?

He could be a counter to Cacturne & Shiftry in UU. But he should really be placed in the uber tier to play with Mewtwo and Arceus.

ContestNoir888
3rd December 2008, 3:02 AM
Chatot & OU dont mix, he'll get slaughtered up there, and with BounceKarps runnning around these days, he aint safe anywhere...

I LOVE YOU!!!!! Opponent gets confused & infatuated at the same time and smack him with a Heat Wave or HP Ground.

Where do you think Chatot is better or more helpful UU or OU?

Where do you think? UU -_-" obviously

And S, can we have make our own topics?? Or only you?

S.Bustathedog
3rd December 2008, 12:01 PM
You can make your own topics i don't personally like making them.

If no one has posted by tomorrow I will post the sets and counters from Smogon all two off them.

S.Bustathedog
5th December 2008, 2:39 PM
Well I would post the sets but there is only two so here they are:

{im doing this for OU i have no idea about UU but i will try}

Chatot @Leftovers
Tangled feet/Keen eye
Timid/Modest Nature
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

~Encore / Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fighting
~Nasty Plot
~Chatter
~Hyper Voice

Now a counter for this would be easy but it all depends on what the first move is If it is Enocre then anything with an Electric or Ice move could do it as long as its defenceses are high, HP [Ground] thats different im thinking that another flyinng type or maybe................a Cress {well cress could counter this with any move chatot has so lets leave this set and move on}

Chatot @Choice Specs
Tangled feet/Keen eye
Timid/Modest Nature
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

~Chatter
~Hyper Voice
~Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fighting
~U-turn / Sing

I personally prefer this set, a good counter for this in OU would have to be something that doesn't get a 2x on U-Turn {not hard} and also doesn't get a 2x on either Hp ground or Fighting now i can't think of one of the top of my head but i can think of Machamp a restalking one at that would do nicely.

ok people now your ideas, have fun

ContestNoir888
5th December 2008, 2:55 PM
I dont see the point in giving Chatot 4EVs in SpD, why not put it in HP? 3 I think to survive 4 Stealth Rock switch ins. Forretress would be a good switch in ( not counter) provided not on the Nasty Plot set, and be careful if Chatot carries HP Fire.

LegendaryDarkrai
6th December 2008, 1:02 AM
I would like to join my favorite pokemon is Darkrai and my favorite color is green

S.Bustathedog
6th December 2008, 1:20 AM
I dont see the point in giving Chatot 4EVs in SpD, why not put it in HP? 3 I think to survive 4 Stealth Rock switch ins. Forretress would be a good switch in ( not counter) provided not on the Nasty Plot set, and be careful if Chatot carries HP Fire.

Seems right but im not entirly sure on tha ATM.

Accepted, LegendaryDarkrai Have a nice time at the POTW club {lol i need to chage the name on the first page m eh i will do it when i get around to it}

Also people im thinking off adding a Sprite of a POTW next to are names you deicded which one {mods and co-owner get first pic i will keep a space open for them and then you will have to change them if a mod wants it}

ok i will edit the first post then im going to sleep

Edit two to a person for the sprites {well i need to find someone with sprites first lol i will edit name with the name for now}

S.Bustathedog
8th December 2008, 2:58 PM
well as no one seems to want to post and make this club active ATM me and the co-owners are going over some intresting stuff to add to the club i will be doing the POTW tomorrow as my mum is working on the computer to day

Poke-friend
9th December 2008, 3:56 AM
Here's a moveset I have for Dewgong:

Dewgong @ Leftovers/Damp Rock
Modest Nature
Ability: Hydration
252 HP/4 def/252 sp.atk
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest

Thank you smogon. In this set, Dewgong takes advantage if its Hydration ability. Because it cannot be affected by status conditions during rain, Dewgon will automatically wake up after it uses Rest. No need for Sleep Talk when you have rain. However, if you want to run the rainless set, ResTalk Dewgong works too.

arceus03
9th December 2008, 4:31 PM
Dewgong's balanced stat allows him to play both physically or specially. Serebii covered the special section, sooo....

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa087.png
Dewgong, Careful (+SDef, -SAtk) / Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SDef/Def
-Fake Out
-Avalanche
-Waterfall
-Return
Meh. Forget what I said earlier. His physical movepool is too shallow. His 2 priority moves do too little damage, even to those x4 weak and with a Choice Band slapped, says Smogon.

A set from Smogon caught my eyes.

Calm (+SDef, -Atk)
Item: Damp Rock/Lefties
Trait: Hydration
252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 Def
-Rain Dance
-Encore
-Surf
-Rest
Encore a stat up move and switch to a counter, or an Electric move then send Vire out.

Poke-friend
11th December 2008, 1:33 AM
I think Safeguard might help the team out. CB Aqua Jet sounds fun, though...

MasterCharizard15
11th December 2008, 2:05 AM
;087;http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa087.png;087;
Single Battle Sweeper
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk(Yeah I know everyone else has Rain Dance but, I don't like being unable to move for 2 turns! Excluding Chesto Berry)
Double Battle
Rain Dance
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest

shineygarchomp lvl100
11th December 2008, 9:07 AM
^with rain dance and hydration dewgong doesnt sleep for two turns.
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa087.png
Dewgong@Wise glasses
Hydration
Modest
252spatk 252spd 4hp
Surf
Ice beam
Hp elec
Rain dance

A all out attack set.Surf for stab.Ice beam and Hp elec for coverage.Rain dance for status and support.

Dewgong@Damp rock
Hydration
Calm
252spdef / 252hp / 4spatk
Rain dance
Rest
Surf
Safeguard

A all out defense set.Rain dance,Surf and Rest for obvios reasons.Safeguard for support.

@S.Bustathedog can you make my name shineygarchomp lvl100.

S.Bustathedog
11th December 2008, 11:42 AM
thanks you guys who have put something into this club =].

I have an anoucment:

Well these points really aren't doing much so I was thinking of doing something with them and maybe implement them somehow with shoddy now this is just a baby idea I thougth it up last night. Now what I need to know is if you people can get Shoddy or not if you already have it perfect.

I'm also not going to be very active in the next week so i wont be able to this weeks and next weeks POTW, this is cuz my grandparents are coming to see me and im getting a early christmas {i think IIRC a 17 early one =]}. so yer thanks peps.

I will stop by one day next week if i can im not promsing but i might be able to nab 10 mins on the computer if i do then i will start to edit the front page a bit im going to give it a new look. also i would apresiate it if you could give me your answer ASAP thanks.

noobiess
11th December 2008, 2:48 PM
I would like to join!!! i like to find movesets...
(if it helps i use shoddy)

MasterCharizard15
12th December 2008, 3:58 AM
;87;http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa087.png;87;
Horn Drill
Sheer Cold
Ice Beam
Surf
-This is evil when tagged with Machamp!
No Guard FTW!

arceus03
12th December 2008, 3:47 PM
^Trouble is most Shoddy battles have OHKO Clause active so it isn't used as much as for in-game purposes. And Sturdy Pokemon easily negates that, too.

Oh noobiess welcome and more importantly have fun ;)

noobiess
13th December 2008, 1:02 PM
thanks....

for dewgong I woudl say:
for double battle he has 2 chooses: supportif for other waterpokemon or a 1HKO'er with machamp

dewgong:
EV: all hp and defence (the rest sp def)
nature: + sp def - att
ability: hydration
item: damp rock
attacks:
- surf (for helping waterpokemon that have waterabsorb)
- helping hand
- rain dance
- rest

dewogong:
EV: all speed en HP (and sp def)
nature: + speed , - att
ability: thick fat
item: choise scarf
attacks:
cheer cold
(choose)
(choose)
(choose)

but for solobattle he has not much a big future: he has too low defence and special defence to last long even with rest/rain dance/hydration so I would go for the suprise effect or just as irritater...

dewgong:
EV: all HP and defence
nature: + sp.defence, - attack
item:damp rock/leftovers
ability: hydrotion
attacks:
subsistute/dive
toxic
rain dance
rest

I actually think this is not sooo effectif..but it's worth a shot

dewgong:
EV: speed and sp attack (and HP)
ability: doesn't matter
nature: + speed, - attack
item: choise scarf
attacks:
ice beam (for garchomps)/surf
perish song/encore
rain dance
disable

ok this seems crazy but it might work... I have a scarfed tentacruel with raindance too :p and it workes on shoddy :p ... but imagine: blissey vs garchomp: you know you are going to lose with blissey so you shitxh into dewgong and the gorchomp uses swords dance... oyu are faster because of choise scarf but the opponent don't expect that so he wants to kill your dewgong but you kill him first with ice beam... (but the surf is for people who have more problems with fast fire/ground/rock pokemon).. rain dacne is for enoying sandstormers/hailers... but you fist have to kill they abomasnow or tyranitar of hippodown!! but this works really good.. when they don't have sandstorm the arem ostly useless... encore and perish song are for pokemon who wants to gain stats or baton basser (that because he doesn't learn haze) disable is for anoying moses and you are faster so he can't stop it... i know t's a bit risky but tihs might work

(wow this is a logn text :p )

arceus03
20th December 2008, 4:20 PM
Uhhh.. Totally forgot about the new one >.<
Sorry!
*looks at date* I'm not reviving it, am I? :p

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa083.png

So, yeah. The spotlight's turned to Farfetch's this week. Here the link to Serebbi's and Smogon's page. Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/potw-dp/083.shtml), Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/farfetchd).

My thoughts: He certainly needs an evolution. Come on, GameFreak, you gave someone as useful as Porygon-2 another evolution, why not this lil' birdie? Anyway...

He could do with some Agility support from some Baton Passers, that is, if anyone ever intends to use him.

Item: Leftovers
~Toxic
~Sand Attack
~Attract
~Return/Aerial Ace
I'm not sure whether his defenses will last to pull some moves, but whatever. More of an annoyer, but switches make Attract useless.

Eh, I don't think we need to discuss this pogey's "counter" :p

noobiess
22nd December 2008, 11:12 AM
I owuld say:

item: leftovers
knock off/subsistute
SwordDance
agility
baton pass

you can send this one out against a grass pokemon and maybe they(ll swtch so you ca use subsistute/agility/sword dance and then baton pass or something

or

item: focus sash
agility
Sword dance
flail
night slash

just against a stong pokemon that would kill him and then just use ailty first (and when the oppoent switches you can use sword dance as a bonus) and then flail them away or night slash the gosts

but don't expect that he would do great thing because he probably won't :p

arceus03
22nd December 2008, 5:35 PM
I owuld say:

item: leftovers
knock off/subsistute
SwordDance
agility
baton pass

you can send this one out against a grass pokemon and maybe they(ll swtch so you ca use subsistute/agility/sword dance and then baton pass or something

Trouble is, this is only exclusive to XD Pokemon..
Still usable, I guess.

item: focus sash
agility
Sword dance
flail
night slash

just against a strong pokemon that would kill him and then just use agility first (and when the opponent switches you can use sword dance as a bonus) and then flail them away or night slash the ghosts

This could work, as after an Agility Farfetch'd is only outsped by Deoxys (Speed form) but if the opponent has a priority move he's screwed.

Oh, new PoTW already?

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa460.png
Abomasnow. The once-popular Pokemon, now his tier is.. Borderline. Forgotten.. Poor the abominable snowman~

Anyway, the pages from Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/potw-dp/460.shtml) and Smogon (http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/abomasnow).

So, hurm. One of the weather inducers, and this one is the only one who can induce Hail. While Hail is quite hard to utilize rightfully, (Sandstorm has 3 resistors at least) it is a somewhat useful effect that can annoy Focus Sashers. Well, at least Weavile is immune to Hail =\

Discuss!

PiplupKing
8th January 2009, 4:55 AM
can i join?

S.Bustathedog
8th January 2009, 10:56 AM
can i join?

well yer but not at the moment its sorta closed cuz im busy i might ask someone to keep it running but then gagain its dead so atm no

noobiess
10th March 2009, 7:28 PM
wow It has been a long time ago that i'v been here.but I had a good idea:

absol:
superluck
focus sash
EV: speed and attack
nature: + speed.. - sp attck

sword dance
sucker punch
baton pass
mean look

Ok here is the idea behind it. Your opponetn send out a psichic pokemon that absol could normally easely beat. So yo send out your absol... He switches and you use meon look... then you use baton pass and switches into a pokemon that can handle the oppient's pokemon.. It's the more offensive form of umbreon... think it will work actually :p I owuld fall for it :p