PDA

View Full Version : Do Your Friends Play Pokemon Competitively?

GarchompHata
15th November 2008, 11:00 PM
Do your friends play pokemon competitively? One of mine might, but I'm not sure if he said 'Evs' or 'Eevees'

SkittyOnWailord
16th November 2008, 9:44 AM
I have 3 real-life friends that play compedetively. They all EV train, try for good IV Pokemon and all of that.

Cappie
16th November 2008, 12:20 PM
I just recently got a friend who plays pokémon, I've never had anyone in real life that has the same interest in pokémon like me. But she doesn't play competitively, she has no wifi and she doesn't know about Evs, Ivs etc. I might have to teach her some things about it :)

Dartsa
16th November 2008, 1:14 PM
I have one friend who just goes through the game with his started and legendary and a few who play Mystery Dungeon. Hell, I once took my leaf green game to school and while someone was playing it they found a Shiny Diglett :O

(s.i.e)
16th November 2008, 6:31 PM
only one friend of mine does competitive battling from time to time.

OddMewtwo
16th November 2008, 7:53 PM
i have about 9 friends that plays pokemon. but 1 of them doesnt like pokemon anymore...........

BadIntent
16th November 2008, 7:57 PM
One person at my high school plays competitively. EVs, IVs and all. All of my other friends who play pokemon barely know the difference between attack and special attack.

Splitzman
16th November 2008, 8:01 PM
I have a friend who plays competitively, joined a group, EV trains, and we battle from time to time. Another friend, well... he's a player, but he's an uber abuser.

The Dean of Suds
16th November 2008, 9:27 PM
A couple friends who play, but they just action replay thier games to death, no point in even challenging them.

JaimeGreenan
16th November 2008, 9:29 PM
1 person does full ev's and iv's.
1 person just get the best ones.
1 person hacks.
1 person who is the best but doesn't have diamond or pearl just emerald and crystal

Rhypertank
16th November 2008, 9:37 PM
One of my friends gonna play Pokémon but he's waiting for Platinum. I told him he can't use Darkrai (his favorite Pokémon) in legal tournaments because it's an uber. So he will try to make a real team too. I just teach him the basics before he gets the game.

Darkrainer
16th November 2008, 9:47 PM
I play competitively. When I first got my Dialga, I accidentally EV trained it, but I'm not exactly sure how. But now I EV train and everything. My friend Brett doesn't know anything about EV's and all that stuff, but he has a strong team like mine and sometimes he nearly beats me O.o

TR_Jessie
16th November 2008, 10:02 PM
My friend is quite stupid. She doesn't know the first thing about competitive battling. I taught her about EV's, but she still isn't good at it. I have never personally met a person who IV breeds or even EV trains. So, what I am saying is, I have never, in person, met someone that I can't pwn.

Adeku
16th November 2008, 10:05 PM
One off my friends plays competitively.

He does know about evs but never ev trains.
I'm going to teach him ow to ev train soon.

PsychedelicJellyfish
16th November 2008, 10:24 PM
Yes, one of them. You may know him, his name is Blazios.

chubb-o-wub
16th November 2008, 10:41 PM
I have 2 friends that play Pokemon. One just plays casually, and the other knows about Serebii and all the game's mechs, but sucks coming up with movesets.

Blazios
16th November 2008, 10:48 PM
Yes, one of them. You may know him, his name... I forget.

Viva la Vida
16th November 2008, 11:06 PM
my best friend does and he is Night Shadow on Smogon

johny2hai
16th November 2008, 11:15 PM
i have two friends that play pokemon, i dont know if they still do. they played in game not compitivly

randomspot555
17th November 2008, 12:34 AM
I have 2 friends and a relative who play Pokemon. They know some of the basic game mechanics like chaining, but I'm not sure if any of them know about EVs or IVs. Though I do hope to teach the step-cousin about the competitive aspect.

Larry
17th November 2008, 12:47 AM
I have 4 that do...but none play cometitively

Pkmn Breeder Jack
17th November 2008, 2:29 AM
Unfortunately, no, I don't. I have a couple friends that still play every once in a while, just for fun, and my little bro is actually quite good at competitive battling, but I don't have any friends that do. I kinda retired from it, mostly because playing on Shoddy ate my time like you wouldn't believe. So yeah, no friends that do.

Dig-kun
17th November 2008, 2:37 AM
Well, I have 2 friends who play, but they play at the pc and thinking that league is the end of the game
¬¬
At least one
:P

The others one I know that play competitively are from the local tourney and I dont talk to them a lot
xD

MetallicCorrosion
17th November 2008, 2:46 AM
i have 4 friends that play but im the only competitive trainer...

Lord Scalgon
17th November 2008, 3:04 AM
I know two that plays competitively...despite the fact that one of them always uses shiny hacked pokemon (31 IV's across) when it comes to battles.

King Edwin
17th November 2008, 5:34 AM
None of my friends play pokeomon at all. They all think it is stupid.

Shard 567
17th November 2008, 5:42 AM
I have four friends who play D/P but only one of them plays competitively. The other three are too lazy to get into ev training and such :P

Mr. Mudkip
17th November 2008, 5:45 AM
I wish they did :/ however I got my cousin to AR a competitive UU team to battle me, so it's a start.

VTUSH
17th November 2008, 6:03 AM
Unfortunately i know no one that plays pokemon still except my brother but he doesn't play much. It's only me that competetively battles, but at least i have wifi to verse people. :D

Boomguy
17th November 2008, 6:14 AM
I never tell my friends that i'm playing this game

PocketmonMaster
17th November 2008, 6:30 AM
ALL of my friends used to play the first 2 generations, with only 3 or 4 carrying onto R/S/E. Now, I only know of 2 people who play D/P; and they're usually involved with other newer games.

I'm so lonely right now...

Sadarac
17th November 2008, 6:32 AM
well i think i may have converted my friend to competative but hes lazy and still hasnt even started on his team :( but i pwn him and my other friends so bad that i might stop playing. put my time into games like chess were people can always beat me if they are good enough :)

Shadow Tepi 8
17th November 2008, 10:22 AM
Some of my friends competitively battle and some are pretty good, even though I can beat them. Some of them aren't really good with EVs so I had to teach them until they got the hang of it. One of my friends is here-Mysterous64.

Femme Fatale
17th November 2008, 10:53 AM
One does but he's on GameFAQs *points* and therefore is evil.

kinder surprise
17th November 2008, 10:56 AM
haha two ppl here play, McFugget and noob pwnage, though there never on. though lots of ppl play.

i go to an academcially selective school:)

Miltank Lover
17th November 2008, 8:22 PM
I've got a few friends that play pokemon but I only know one person who plays competitive.

Jaguar297
17th November 2008, 8:23 PM
not at all, they are loose and relaxed and play for fun.

-$Ci(-P-)$-
17th November 2008, 9:01 PM
I never tell my friends that i'm playing this gamex2, if i would tell them, they would laugh so hard at me, so i better dont tell, nobody, unless you, know that im playing pokemon

JRCxyz
17th November 2008, 10:28 PM
well i have 4 friends that play in game but none competitively but my brother is actually pretty good and EV trains but he doesn't IV breed

ShinyLFC13
17th November 2008, 10:47 PM
x2, if i would tell them, they would laugh so hard at me, so i better dont tell, nobody, unless you, know that im playing pokemon

me as well if i told my friends i probably would only have 1 or 2 friends left but i know some people that play but they dont have a clue about EV's

Deboog
18th November 2008, 7:02 AM
Lol. I'm still trying to tutor my friend about compedetive battling. He thought metagross was a wall =P. I'm also trying to convince him not to waste his TM's but he's going to trow focus punch on a Hayley's shroomish when he evolves it. Oh well. At least it's Jolly.

JoeeJoee
18th November 2008, 7:33 AM
The majority of my friend's except for my best friend plays non-competitively. They think it's a great achievement to have Dragon Rush on Garchomp. Although in my honest opinion I believe that competitive battling ruined Pokémon in a way, I mean I don't even catch every Pokémon I see like I used to because they might not be of appropriate nature or have good IVs. Any of you people agree?

TurtwigFan1
18th November 2008, 5:49 PM
I have a lot of friends who play Pokémon, but none who play competitively.

Witchan
18th November 2008, 5:53 PM
Well, my friend doesn't play competitively, especially when he EV trains his pokemon, and me and him are bad partners in the battle tower. :(

-$Ci(-P-)$-
18th November 2008, 5:54 PM
me as well if i told my friends i probably would only have 1 or 2 friends left but i know some people that play but they dont have a clue about EV'syeah i know some guys i know are playing too, but they arent friends, dont know anything about EV's, and they keep it preferbly secretXD (just like me, but i do know things about EV's:P)

Blue_Ditto_256
19th November 2008, 5:45 AM
My best friend plays competitively. I introduced him to competitive play. At first, we just had the games, used the classic novice movesets, didn't know about EVs, IVs, or Nature differences. Then, after learning about competitive battling, I started going online (mostly on Serebii) to learn about it. I told what I learned to my friend. Now we both have Shoddy Battle and battle competitively.

[Ampharos]
19th November 2008, 6:03 AM
No. .-.
Never did.
I had some back in second grade that did their 'blastoise @lv100 pwn tiem'.
But no one that still plays it.
Brother does, but he doesn't do competitively.

Kyogre35
20th November 2008, 12:37 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAH...was that out loud?

Nope...my one friend taht plays Pokemon sees no use for any other moves than attack moves.

So no.

stephpage93
20th November 2008, 5:24 AM
Do your friends play pokemon competitively? One of mine might, but I'm not sure if he said 'Evs' or 'Eevees'

LOL. You're pic in your signature is hilarious. xD Sorry I'm off the subject of the thread though. o_o

EnteiFirecracker
20th November 2008, 1:26 PM
My friend considers himself better than me which I don't like because I restarted and he uses that against me. But yeah, I care for my Pokemon more :)

Yonowaru in Chaos
20th November 2008, 1:29 PM
No they don't, one knows what EVs are, but he doesn't play anymore.

mR.tOp37
20th November 2008, 2:04 PM
i believe that one of my friends play/battle competitively, im not sure if he still does now....

Annihalatrix
20th November 2008, 2:41 PM
I have a friend who plays competitively, as does my brother, my cousin( to an extent, he's still learning) and one other friend( who's in the same situation as my cousin). I usually win though as I do at almost everything I play.(D/P, SSBB/ Mario Kart and many more.)

Sorry if I sound full of myself.

Dragon Chimchar
20th November 2008, 7:14 PM
yeah my friends all battle competitivly
:D

Mew's desire
21st November 2008, 4:27 PM
The answer is......No.
I dont have Wi-Fi.

Joe the evilfox
21st November 2008, 4:45 PM
Nope, my friends don't even play Pokemon at all. =/

diablo_200525
21st November 2008, 5:07 PM
My cousin and i are competing to fill the pokedex on emerald.. So far i think i am winning....

Wiimote
22nd November 2008, 12:04 AM
No, sadly. However, my one sister does, if that counts. :/

Eon_is_not_the_end
22nd November 2008, 1:23 AM
Nope, and i'm not counting the friends that i have here on SPP.

MorseCoder
22nd November 2008, 3:53 AM
No, they dont understand the competitive aspect of Pokemon..

The Dean of Suds
22nd November 2008, 4:32 AM
One friend moved away, so I currently have one pokemon playing thread who knows not comptetitive battling.

Mysterous64
22nd November 2008, 6:42 AM
Pretty much all of my friends play it competitvly together
I am like second best methinks
i could be wrong...

Cutty
22nd November 2008, 7:07 AM
I don't have a real friend in real life who really play pokemon really serious like me either.

spidey7000
22nd November 2008, 7:34 AM
All of my friends who like pokemon are REALLY competitive about the games. Except for one. The all know about IVs and EVs. And NOW chaining too. A couple of months back i was the only one hu cud chain for shinies and i loved to show off and stuff!!

GarchompHata
26th November 2008, 10:31 PM
He said 'Eevees'. QQ

Pimplup784
26th November 2008, 10:42 PM
I have a friend that plays Pokemon, but I just got around to teaching him about IV's EV's, you know, the whole sh-bang.

Audio
27th November 2008, 1:06 AM
dont know any people that play competivly i suck at it too have hard time ev dont have the items, but wish i could get some help im nub even though i played pokemon from start yellow version

Yoshifan22
27th November 2008, 3:05 AM
yea, all of my friends play it competitively. except maybe 2.
yet none of them play it now x]

Devils725
27th November 2008, 4:12 AM
I only have a cousin who plays and i dont think he knows what an EV or IV is

MorseCoder
27th November 2008, 1:56 PM
Friends Dont see Pokemon As Competitive. They LAugh at it. they just dont know how to Play it, I also thought About it at first, Until Gen. 3 Came and then I saw Serebii then I saw Smogon.. and Those Calculations, Types, All of those Hard to understand things about Pokemon.. I understood them and I now Play Pokemon Competitively..

_Calm|Mind_
27th November 2008, 2:47 PM
I don't think that any of my friends even know that Pokemon can be played competitively.

Absol trainer
27th November 2008, 6:31 PM
I have a friend and a cousin who play it, but they both don't understand when I beat theyre ubers with my pokémon, so no, they don't play competetively.

-$Ci(-P-)$-
1st December 2008, 5:08 PM
i founded today out, that two other guys in my class are playing pokemon too 0.o only not competitive:(

ash-bally
1st December 2008, 5:11 PM
same here i found out in my english class my friend plays pokemon but only has 3 badges, lol

Guardian Spirit Raina
1st December 2008, 8:31 PM
I'm part of a Pokémon gaming group, and, yes, we all know about EVs and IVs and all that. However, only myself and the other girl actually utillize these.

Oh, and we always win, too.

Shepard
1st December 2008, 8:35 PM
I have 2 close friends; we all play competitively. It's nice to have a couple of people you play against often who keep you on your toes trainer-wise.

"Freak" owns
2nd December 2008, 6:18 AM
some of my friends play pokemon, however they are not competitve battlers as they no nothing about natures evs or ivs

Dig-kun
2nd December 2008, 3:43 PM
Well
Gonna still teach my brother about EVs or IVs
But it´ll take a long time
Since I said to him to catch at eleast 100 pokémon
=)

ArmorAndonomon
2nd December 2008, 4:01 PM
I wouldn't call him a close friend, but a kid who sits near me in my vocational plays, I'm just not sure he plays competitive, though.

Ism
2nd December 2008, 11:55 PM
Nope- I don't think she does. It would be cool, though. No one else I know plays Pokemon.

I should ask.

the_eevee_breeder
3rd December 2008, 12:09 AM
None of my friends even play pokemon.....

:(

gtab x3
3rd December 2008, 1:32 AM
None of my friends even play pokemon.....

:(

Same here....

Saberu
3rd December 2008, 2:34 AM
I don't think mine do.
I can't wait to battle them. :) Once with my non-EVed team, once with my badly EVed team. (my custom EVs tend to fail.)

Nolan Bentley
3rd December 2008, 2:48 AM
i have two that think they are so good. Now lets look at them.
1. Hacked poke -1
2 0 evs -1
3. Uber abusers-1
4. 4 attack moves on every pokemon in their box/party -1
5.AR abusers and still don't know what ivs are. -10000000000000000000000000
i pwn with little thought.

zergling4pres
3rd December 2008, 3:03 AM
One of my friends does, but, like me, he doesnt really have access to wi-fi at college... only at home.
I only have 1 other friend who plays pokemon, Tiffany, a mod! but she doesnt play competitively.
there were like 3 guys at my high school who played, but I only got the chance to fight one, who had 3 ubers. he got pwned.

Typhlosion Trainer
3rd December 2008, 5:47 AM
I have 4 friends who play. I beat 3 of them all the time, but the last one i haven't battled yet.

Guardian Spirit Raina
3rd December 2008, 7:37 PM
One of my friends does, but, like me, he doesnt really have access to wi-fi at college... only at home.
I only have 1 other friend who plays pokemon, Tiffany, a mod! but she doesnt play competitively.
there were like 3 guys at my high school who played, but I only got the chance to fight one, who had 3 ubers. he got pwned.

That's strange. Most colleges offer free wi-fi.

zergling4pres
3rd December 2008, 9:31 PM
That's strange. Most colleges offer free wi-fi.

yeah, but its slow and i cant get it in my dorm room... and i dont think it supports DSs either...

alakazam_1
6th December 2008, 11:59 AM
Of my two main real-life friends, one has no interest one had interest but I'm not sure if he still does. Even before I knew of complex mechanics, I would still beat him - he just used his starter and a legendary. :(

Shadow_Blaze
6th December 2008, 1:57 PM
my 2 cousins/best friends are accually the reson I started playing pokemon..I was 4 xD...they never got into EV training and Iown them on a regular basis

Surfer pikachu
7th December 2008, 8:01 AM
Only me and my bro play pokemon very well in my street but i have a friend that is easy to defeat because he do not know something about Ev's or iv's but I'm teaching him and his little bro

PsychicsRox
7th December 2008, 8:06 AM
They don't. They play pokemon but they don't know about EVs and IVs and they don't even understand STAB. And I have no intention of telling them. ;D

Mela
7th December 2008, 8:18 AM
LOL I only have about 4 DS friends and about 3 of them play Pokemon. I'm probably the most obsessed but I don't think that any of us are competitive players.

ArabGamer
28th December 2008, 6:30 PM
Only one of my friends plays pokemon properly....

Igottapoo
28th December 2008, 8:50 PM
None of my friends play Pokemon anymore. There might be one I don't know about though

Palkia Keeper
28th December 2008, 10:05 PM
I only have one real life friend that plays pokemon. I dont know if he plays competively,or if hes just obsessed with the game. I think he mostly just chats on forums and every once in a while fights with his Latis

mewfanforlife
28th December 2008, 11:55 PM
I only have one friend who plays competitively, and she spends much more time ensuring her Pokemon are perfect than I do.

spacialrend_palkia
29th December 2008, 8:09 AM
i have friends who are really good at playing competitively, but i don't know if they know anything about EV's. but they know the thing about natures though. sadly, they only play third gen games. i'm the only one who playes competitively on the fourth gen.

Guardian Spirit Raina
29th December 2008, 12:44 PM
Just knowing about natures isn't really playing competitively.

Palkia Keeper
29th December 2008, 5:41 PM
Well it could be competitive playing if they are playing with strategy and certain moves and such

Dragonking
30th December 2008, 8:12 AM
Well I only have 1 friend who plays to battle and he's pretty good. I could never beat him.

Shadow Tepi 8
30th December 2008, 8:59 AM
I've got several friends who play pokemon but only 2 or 3 actually play competitively. One of them is right here-Mysterous64.

Flamer
30th December 2008, 6:29 PM
Unfortunatly, none of my friends play Pokemon games anymore, well, not seriously enough to do competive battle or be able to trade anything decent with me. My brother plays it though, and cause of wifi I can battle and trade with all you nice people out there, so thats ok :)

chosen_one386
30th December 2008, 6:38 PM
All of my friends are too sorry to even pick up a Pokemon game, much less play competitively. The usual: they care too much about what people would think of them if they knew they played Pokemon. I don't even play competitively, but once I get a Wi-fi router...it's on.

PenguinBeam
30th December 2008, 7:05 PM
None of my friends play competitively, mostly due to the fact that I only know two other people who play Pokemon. One of them is my best friend, and he never takes anything seriously. The other one is my little sister, and I don't think she even knows how to play competitively.

Salavoir55
30th December 2008, 10:08 PM
At the moment, I'm living in a very Pokemon 'dry' area. Thus, I have very few friends who play Pokemon at all (lol, like two or three maybe). Even putting all my friends that I've ever made together, I can come up with only maybe 17-19 people (rough estimate, including siblings) who actually have played or still play the game.

Out of those, none even come close to playing competitively, and only one used to play--albeit only a very little--competitively via Netbattle. I myself don't actually 'play' competitively like I used to do. I rarely battle anymore, but I still count myself as playing competitively because I've kept up with the metagame and am fully capable of building a good team to use.

I don't play via Wi-Fi yet. I use Shoddy when I do my occasional, but rare, battling because of certain time constraints. In case that mattered as far as 'playing' went.

So yeah. In my circle of experiences, I alone play competitively.

SlipKnoT
30th December 2008, 10:13 PM
Only the ones on here.

MidnightStorm
30th December 2008, 11:15 PM
Only 1 friend I have plays Pokemon, well, played it. His DS broke and never wants to fix it or get a new one so really, no one I know even likes Pokemon.

Shiny_Gible
31st December 2008, 5:07 AM
I have a few friends who play Pokemon, but only 2 play competitively (the rest are just uber-abusers whose Pokemon have horrible stats...all nicked from GTS...they're the sort of people who think getting to Lv. 100 is a huge feat). They understand about EV's and IV's, et cetera, but they're not regular players or anything.

Mario23
31st December 2008, 5:20 AM
All of my friends hate Pokemon so none of my friends play Pokemon.

Mario23
31st December 2008, 5:21 AM
All of my friends hate Pokemon so none of my friends play Pokemon.

Edit:Sorry Staff members I didn't mean to double post I click the summit button twice cause it wouldn't go and I didn't think it would make me double post.

CharizardMaster
31st December 2008, 6:55 PM
None of my friends even play pokemon anymore, I assume they're waiting for platinum.

shadowkami
2nd January 2009, 4:48 PM
Nope. I'm like the only one that even knows about EV training.

Jimb113
4th January 2009, 11:02 PM
My mates always try and do better than me, so the answer is yes, they do (but they always lose)

Fanglongxi
5th January 2009, 3:04 PM
Same with shadowkami. None of my friends probably know anything about EV's and IV's, hehe

ShinyCollector007
6th January 2009, 5:51 PM
My friends play, but not competitivly they only abuse Ubers. I still beat them although I am not exactly a competitive player ( Other people breed and train for me for shinies, I am lazy) but with no trained Pokes I can still beat them

Shinobi5878
7th January 2009, 1:05 AM
Every one I know play's competitively. There's about five of us. We do the full EV spread and one does the IV thing and I try to do the IV thing but get to bored and frustrated and go with what I like.

mrglowy
7th January 2009, 1:25 AM
nope my friends are all g-angsters so they that i am a u know what but who cares i love pokemon but the funny thing is that i am new to it i am bad at the game and all haha

Juni44ever
7th January 2009, 1:30 AM
Well, they try to, but they don't put enough effort on it :(

cocoa_adele
7th January 2009, 11:49 PM
My friends barely play at all, and those that do arent very competitive =P

NINJA PENGUIN
9th January 2009, 9:09 PM
This time last year, i brought my first pokemon game on the recommendation of my friends, i didn't know the difference between dialga and palkia! now im the only one who knows how to ev train! They wont battle with me because i ALWAYS win. they use legends and still my garchomp beats them! MY friends dont play competitivly because the CANT! lol!

Zbynek
10th January 2009, 11:32 AM
This time last year, i brought my first pokemon game on the recommendation of my friends, i didn't know the difference between dialga and palkia! now im the only one who knows how to ev train! They wont battle with me because i ALWAYS win. they use legends and still my garchomp beats them! MY friends dont play competitivly because the CANT! lol!don´t laugh at them, u don´t know much about D/P
Garchomp is uber aswell, and is almost the best revenge killer on competitive against other Ubers
Legendary doesn´t mean Uber

oh and my friends don´t play pokemon competitive, they don´t have wifi and don´t know much about EV training etc ;)

Zhanton
12th January 2009, 6:16 AM
I don't have any friends who play pokemon...in fact I have only recently (in the past 6 or so months) learnt about competitive battling and EVs and IVs...but I've never EV'd a pokemon and I prob never wil

Da_Raichu_lova
14th January 2009, 7:23 AM
None of my friends have Pearl or Diamond. If they did they wouldn't have WiFi.

EDIT: Same here Zhanton, I never knew about them until I got WiFi and came back onto Serebii.

(s.i.e)
14th January 2009, 2:17 PM
only one of my friends are competitive from time to time.

Sapphire Phoenix
16th January 2009, 9:59 PM
None of my friends have DS's, so they don't have D/P. Many of them don't even play video games.

Imagine
18th January 2009, 6:21 AM
One of my friends do. He's so serious about it, that sometimes I don't think he ever plays for fun anymore, like he used to. D:

LordVader2719
18th January 2009, 6:37 AM
All my friends who play Pokémon do.

Pokewiz7o8
18th January 2009, 6:37 AM
As far as I know, none of my friends play pokemon... or even know I play. But, alot of cousins do.

Nightning
20th January 2009, 9:06 AM
two of my friends do, we also battle against each other a lot!

Shadow Tepi 8
20th January 2009, 12:28 PM
I've got several friends who play pokemon but only 2 or 3 actually play competitively. One of them is right here-Mysterous64. We battle a lot but I tend to win more since I've got more experience.

HoagiethePokeBreeder
20th January 2009, 12:44 PM
Well, I've got a handful (Maybe 7 or 8) that play, but I think that only one of them truly understands how to play competetively.

leon25270
20th January 2009, 1:07 PM
I have friends who play competitively, but not as competitively as the people who care about stuff like Pokemon tiers and the perfect Choice Bander. Me and my friends only go as far as Battle Frontier and tournament-among-friends.

lindsy95
20th January 2009, 1:30 PM
One. Shes a complete n00b though.

and one cousin who is also a complete n00b.

Well Im a n00b in competitev battleing so I shouldnt say anything. -shrug-

EDIT: Rank up~

Displeased Owl
20th January 2009, 9:34 PM
i think one of my mates does. the other plays more casually. i only EV train, no IVs and exact EV spreads. I'm fairly casual about the game.

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)
20th January 2009, 10:05 PM
none of my friends do (at least not that I know) they also don't know I do but maybe my friend got the same thing:P quz some was talking bout EVs and IVs etc xD

magicman7200
20th January 2009, 10:26 PM
yeah a couple of my friends play pokemon

AEROBLASTER
24th January 2009, 5:59 AM
I wouldn't last a second playing competitively, but also I wouldn't say that I often play D/P much anymore. When I did a lot, however, I only ever played with friends.

bookist
24th January 2009, 6:58 AM
Most of mine do not, but the ones that do usually play much more seriously than me.

Guardian Spirit Raina
24th January 2009, 8:43 AM
yeah a couple of my friends play pokemon

Doesn't answer the question... >.>

vbrasil
24th January 2009, 12:33 PM
Got 2 friends and a brtoher.All noobs =/
I only lost of them because sometimes I say: ''I can beat ya with only 1 Pokemon''
.....and I can't.=/

Miss_Pocket_Monster
24th January 2009, 3:46 PM
I've only got one friend who does, sadly.

I'm on Netbattle and such all the time. I'm admittedly not very good, but I quite enjoy nailing the nooblets. By nooblets I mean "people who use Ubers but have no clue how to use them". ;210;

MetalicSeadra
24th January 2009, 3:55 PM
Of all the friends that I know, four have played Pokemon games in the past. Two only play for the fun of it. The other two always set out together to fill every pages of their Pokedexs. However, they never seem to put any effort into raising Pokemon for competitive play.

zipzap713
25th January 2009, 10:53 PM
None of my friends play Pokemon at all. Only my younger sister and cousin play Pokemon at all. Non of us play it competitively though.

battle171
30th January 2009, 1:40 PM
Any of my friends that play Pokémon DPP either got it via R4, hack, don't know what on Earth is DV's and EV's, have no wifi, or a combation of the above. I'm the only one among that Ev trains, and I pwned all of them so badly... sigh...

Lucariofan-atic
30th January 2009, 2:21 PM
Two of my friend that play pokemon competitively, 1 of them hacks.

Umbreon-dana
31st January 2009, 4:21 AM
I know one real life person who plays Pokemon.

And he had no clue what IVs are.

So no, but I can get him into it, easy. >=]

Rip Hamilton
31st January 2009, 4:59 AM
No. My friends are completely cluless about EVs, IVs, natures, etc.

MKFC
1st February 2009, 10:51 PM
All but one of my friends, and he only EV trains them - doesn't know about batures and IVs.

Shiny Milotic
6th February 2009, 2:10 PM
Ugh most of my friends are stupid noobs, using non ev trained bad iv crappy nature hacked ubers. I still own them. I do have one friend who does do ivs and evs and natures and everything but yeah, he just copies me. (like I put a Jolteon in my team and he does the same)

COKTAL
7th February 2009, 3:44 AM
One of my friends does from time to time. He knows about all of the more in-depth info such as IV's, Natures, and EV's (he's actually told me the first time I heard about them). My other 2 friends know what they are, but they're not very good at it. One know's what EV's are, so he went out, completly erased his Staraptors EV's w/ berries, gave it a macho brace, and went and battled random pokemon near the resort area. The other is starting now, trying to get a Ralts for either Gallade or Gardevoir, I don't remeber which.