PDA

View Full Version : The Pokemon Ranger Club

Deoxysmatter
17th November 2008, 11:28 PM
The Pokemon Ranger Club

Welcome to the Pokemon Ranger Club. In this club, we talk about the amazing game series-branch Nintendo has brought us, Pokemon Ranger. The action in this game is much different than the other games, as this game isn’t turn-based, so you have to rely on skills and Pokemon of course.

If you want to join, please fill out this form:

Do you own either Pokemon Ranger:
Do you still play it/them:
Who’s your favorite character:
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger:

Here's an example:
Do you own either Pokemon Ranger: Both
Do you still play it/them:Yes
Who’s your favorite character: Male Ranger from PR2
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger: Riolu

Now for the rules (Obey them!!!)
1. All SPPf rules apply.
2. Have fun!

Members:
Deoxysmatterhttp://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj292/lucariolu/RioluRanger.jpg
IcyDragon0605http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj292/lucariolu/SnoverRanger.jpg
Torpoleonhttp://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj292/lucariolu/ChimcharRanger.jpg
>Entei<http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj292/lucariolu/GibleRanger.jpg
Darkhonchcrowhttp://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj292/lucariolu/ChimcharRanger.jpg

When you join, you may request an animation to be placed by your name.
(Note: My animator decided to mess itself up, and can no longer place an animation next to the name, but can place a picture. Sorry for the inconvienence.)

Join today!

IcyDragon0605
18th November 2008, 1:16 AM
Finnally! I would like to join!

Do you own either Pokemon Ranger: both
Do you still play it/them: yes
Who’s your favorite character: Male protagonist in PR 2
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger = Snover or Sheildon as my partner.

I think you should put the member's partner by there name, I would like Snover as my animation.

Just to be sure: I do not wish to be a co-owner.

Torpoleon
18th November 2008, 1:23 AM
Can join?

Do you own either Pokemon Ranger:I own the first one but will get the 2nd one
Do you still play it/them:No,but when I get the 2nd one i will play that one
Who’s your favorite character:The male Ranger in both games
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger:Chimcahr.But Munchalx as my partner

Can Chimchar be my animation?If you want a co-owner i will be good for the job.(I don't have to)

Draknir
18th November 2008, 2:22 AM
I'll join. If you need a Co-owner, I'll do the job
Do you own either Pokemon Ranger: Only the first one. Getting the Second on for Christmas.
Do you still play it/them: I have played the first one to death, and it is now boring, so no I don't. When I get Shadows of Almia, then I will play it to death.
Who’s your favorite character: The Male Rangers
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger: 1st one: Entei, 2nd one: Gible(Its so cute)
For the Animation, Gible, since Entei would probably be hard to do.

Darkhonchcrow
18th November 2008, 12:24 PM
Can I join?

Do you own either Pokemon Ranger: My brother has the first one which I play regulary and I am getting te second one for Christmas because it hasn't been released in England until the 27th/28th of November
Do you still play it/them: Yes quite regulary
Who’s your favorite character: the male Pokemon Ranger from the second game.
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger: Chimchar from the second one and Charizard from the first one.

I have seen screenshots of the game and this is how I know about the games aside from owning them.

Deoxysmatter
18th November 2008, 3:34 PM
Wow, This got accepted quick. Anyways, welcome to the club IcyDragon0605, Torpoleon, >Entei<, and Darkhonchcrow. In regards to Co-ownership, I'd like to see how everyone acts while posting, and I'll announce who the co-owner will be. In regards to >Entei<, an Entei Animation would actually be a little easier, so would you mind that? Just give me a little time to get it all.

Darkhonchcrow
18th November 2008, 7:26 PM
When you join, you may request an animation to be placed by your name.
(Note: My animator decided to mess itself up, and can no longer place an animation next to the name, but can place a picture. Sorry for the inconvienence.)

Please may I have a Chimchar next to my name please?

Here is a disscussion point:

Do you think the first Ranger game's story mode was a bit too short and easy?
I thought the game was too short and easy (apart from the last battle against the three dogs) because I managed to do it all (apart from the last battle) in less than a day!

Enigma
18th November 2008, 9:07 PM
I'll join.

Do you own either Pokemon Ranger: Both.
Do you still play it/them: I haven't played PR1 for a while, but I'm still playing PR2 (lol at the abbreviation for Pokemon Ranger. Public Relations - the sequel!).
Who’s your favorite character: The crazy, funny old guy from Boyleland. He reminds me of me when I was younger...
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger: I don't know if I have one. Maybe Staraptor, just because I'm too lazy to walk everywhere.

The length was okay, but it was way too easy. You could beat any boss within a minute. But with the new system where you can lift your stylus for a short time, PR2's much better.

Oh, and could you put a sableye next to my name?

IcyDragon0605
18th November 2008, 11:06 PM
Do you think the first Ranger game's story mode was a bit too short and easy.

Steelix and Entei were a pain in the neck, but the game was short and easy. But for me it was harder to complete the browser in the first one than in the other.

Deoxysmatter
18th November 2008, 11:30 PM
Welcome to the club, Enigma. I'm currently trying to get the pictures to put up there, and I'm almost done.
I think it was a little too straight forward, and your limited to your partner. I agree with Icydragon, they were all too easy, but w/ sneasel and vaporeon, steelix and entei were easy. Suicune, Billy, and Flygon were tough for me, however.

pokemon-expert-chris
19th November 2008, 5:42 PM
Can I join?

Do you own either Pokemon Ranger:I have the first one and I am probably getting the second one for christmas.
Do you still play it/them:I stopped playing it after I caught every pokemon but I restarted it yesterday and am playing it again
Who’s your favorite character: male pokemon ranger from the first game.
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger:Either Riolu, Mew or Darkrai.

Oh and can I have Darkrai next to my name?

Deoxysmatter
19th November 2008, 5:46 PM
Welcome to the club, pokemon-expert-chris. Of course you may have Darkrai next to your name.
I will get the pictures up as soon as possible, so don't worry.

pokemon-expert-chris
19th November 2008, 5:52 PM
Thanks for letting me join Deoxysmatter.
Yes it was too short (it only took me 2 days to finish it) and I only had a hard time beating Steelix, Entei, and Rayquaza, the rest were easy for me.

Mr. Joker
19th November 2008, 10:38 PM
i would like to join!!!

Do you own either Pokemon Ranger: I own two. (My money was going down so I traded ranger one for ranger two)
Do you still play it/them: I still play my two
Who’s your favorite character:I am going to have to say Ice
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger: Mime Jr.

Torpoleon
19th November 2008, 11:30 PM
Yes,but some parts were annoying and in PR2 it is better with like capturing a pokemon were if you lift the stylus you don't have to start over.

Darkhonchcrow
20th November 2008, 6:51 PM
I have another point:

Do you like the fact that the bosses have health bars?
I think it will be harder to beat them because they will have more moves to defeat the capture styler with.

pokemon-expert-chris
21st November 2008, 1:15 AM
Yes, it will make the game easier in one way but much harder in another because you wont have to worry about lifting the stylus but the bosses will be harder to beat because it will take more time taking their HP down and they will have more powerful attacks

Deoxysmatter
22nd November 2008, 1:33 AM
I kinda do, seeing as that's the whole point of charging your styler, and It'd be kinda hard to beat bosses like Spiritomb(The only boss I got a Game Over on.)

And on another note, I finally got the riolu and the manaphy events, and they were waaaaaaaay to easy in my opinion, I mean, TWO Tangrowths going down in 3 ROTATIONS! Way to easy, and one circle for the manaphy mission.

pokemon-expert-chris
22nd November 2008, 1:42 AM
And on another note, I finally got the riolu and the manaphy events, and they were waaaaaaaay to easy in my opinion, I mean, TWO Tangrowths going down in 3 ROTATIONS! Way to easy, and one circle for the manaphy mission.
Really? That is a bit dissapointing... I remember the manaphy mision from Pokemon Ranger 1 being harder than that... But, Oh well at least you can now transfer the pokemon to DPP...

Deoxysmatter
22nd November 2008, 1:51 AM
Really? That is a bit dissapointing... I remember the manaphy mision from Pokemon Ranger 1 being harder than that... But, Oh well at least you can now transfer the pokemon to DPP...

I know, and I'm going for a Decent IV'd Riolu, and a Shiny Manaphy(I'm crazy like that) I honestly liked the riolu mission's plot, and riolu was a little fun to capture(I like to redo the mission, He jumps around alot.

pokemon-expert-chris
22nd November 2008, 1:57 AM
I know, and I'm going for a Decent IV'd Riolu, and a Shiny Manaphy(I'm crazy like that) I honestly liked the riolu mission's plot, and riolu was a little fun to capture(I like to redo the mission, He jumps around alot.
LOL. I did the same with the shiny manaphy(tried to get it shiny) and I did it around my 50th reset or so( lucky me!). I cant wait for me to get Pokemon Ranger 2 for christmas, I want to see that riolu jump!

Mr. Joker
22nd November 2008, 4:29 PM
Im I in? I dont think anyone has confirmed it.

Deoxysmatter
22nd November 2008, 5:10 PM
Im I in? I dont think anyone has confirmed it.

Yes you're in. Sorry I didn't do that. Sorry.

Darkhonchcrow
24th November 2008, 5:58 PM
What do you think about this?

What do you think about different partner pokemon im PR2?

Deoxysmatter
24th November 2008, 8:32 PM
What do you think about different partner pokemon in PR2?
I actually like it. It's not like everyone likes Minun/Plusle, but I wish Riolu was the fighting one.

pokemon-expert-chris
24th November 2008, 10:55 PM
I like it to, that way you not only have one choice of unlimited pokemon assist. And you can change to the one you like the most or you think will be better for the kind of situation.

Deoxysmatter
30th November 2008, 3:43 AM
Hmmm, we need a new topic:
Was the boss pokemon too easy?
I honestly thought they were way too easy, especially Darkrai, as i didn't take any damage my first time.

pokemon-expert-chris
30th November 2008, 3:56 AM
Guess what everyone....I got Ranger 2 yesterday!
hmmm, all the bosses I have battled (last one was magnezone) were easy for me, so yeah I think they were easy...

IcyDragon0605
30th November 2008, 4:20 AM

Spiritomb and Darkrai kept me on my feet but all the rest were beyond easy.

Did anyone think that in Altru tower Tyranitar and Aggron was a boss? I did.....

Mr. Joker
30th November 2008, 4:37 PM
I thought that is was better then my minin in the first. I liked the whole idea of getting new partners!!!
Some were but pokemon like spiertomb were harder...

IcyDragon0605
1st December 2008, 4:22 AM
Can I create a newer topic?

Have you completed the Capture Arena in either game?

I did in Shadows of Almia, it was easy....

pokemon-expert-chris
3rd December 2008, 1:53 AM
Have you completed the Capture Arena in either game?
Well I finished the capture arena in PR1 (because I wanted to complete the browser) and it was very hard for me. I haven't even bothered to look for the Capture Arena in PR2 though...

Kindrindra
3rd December 2008, 5:50 AM
Can I join?
Do you own either Pokemon Ranger: I have both!
Do you still play it/them: Oh, ya!
Who’s your favorite character: Hmm... Both the PR2 Boy character and... the go-rock squad memeber that plays the drums... He was my fav in number one, and in two they gave him a significant personality! Epic!
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger: Well, my most used partner is Sheldon...

Have You completed the Capture Arena?
I finished the capture arena in number 2! not one though... Man, the bosses got soooo much harder when you battle them in the arena... Creselia turns into a nightmare.

Do you like the bosses having health bars?
Heck, yes! I liked how it made the bosses a worthwhile challenge. It really made them "Bosses".. Something I found funny was Lucario hopped around like a Riolu ^_^

I suddenly got an Idea for a topic!
Which boss was easiest for you in either game? What strategy did you use?
In my case, Spiritomb was the easiest... The one thing I hated was he had that darn attack where he makes a flame that follows you... for the rest:

Middle Rock: Dark Pulse. Stayed to the Corner of the screen and charged.
Top Right: I loved this one. He fired off a Ominous Wind, then stayed in the launch position long enough for me to get a bunch of circles in ^_^
Top Left: THE HAUNTED FLAME! NOOO! To tell the truth, I scribbled on the right of the screen till the flame died out.
Bottom Right: Orbs of energy. Same as Ominous Wind, Easy to get a lot of circles in once he fired.
Bottom Left: Shadow Ball. Hmm... It was rather standard... but it often broke my line since I always retreat to the Upper Right corner to stay away from attacks and/or charge.

See Ya Later!

tehmarS!
3rd December 2008, 8:01 PM
Ahh yes, I love this game! May I please join?

Do you own either Pokemon Ranger: both!
Do you still play it/them: more the second.
Who’s your favorite character: PR:SoA Male
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger: Pachirisu/Flygon. Flygon is big in these games for some reason!

pokemon-expert-chris
4th December 2008, 3:07 AM
Hello everyone! I just downloaded and completed the Darkrai misssion!
Frosslass. My strategy was very simple, I uses Shieldon's poke assist and I beat him in a 1-loop capture!

IceWater3000
27th December 2008, 12:45 AM
I would like to join

Do you own either Pokemon Ranger: I own both
Do you still play it/them:Yes(recently restarted PR1)
Who’s your favorite character:Solana or Kellyn
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger:Piplup/Pachirisu/Snover/Shieldon

TurtwigFan1
27th December 2008, 12:50 AM
May I join please?

Do you still play it/them: Yeah.
Who’s your favorite character: Kellyn, Murph and Lavana <33.
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger: Turtwig, my most used Partner.

In Ranger 1, Machoke was the easiest boss. One Makuhita Fighting-assist and it was as good as captured.

Have You completed the Capture Arena?

Both, I used Turtwig for all the top floor in 2.

Illusione-Tempus
4th January 2009, 1:43 PM
I love the ranger games, they're awesome. So may I join the club?

Do you own either Pokemon Ranger: Both of them
Do you still play it/them: I just got them 2 days ago, so yes
Who’s your favorite character: currently Crawford, maybe later somebody else
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger: Piplup, but I want one.

I want the Piplup picture. I love that cute little penguin.

pika pika pikachu
4th January 2009, 2:44 PM
Hi please may i join?

Do you own either Pokemon Ranger: I own both ranger games
Do you still play it/them: yep i still play them even the old one lol
Who’s your favorite character: Barlow because he is awesome
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger: well i have two favourites drifblim and drifloom

thanks

Deoxysmatter
4th January 2009, 4:38 PM
Yes, you may all join, just give me time to edit the first post. Sorry for not being Active, I've been busy with other stuff, but promise to stay active here. I wish I had time to answer all of your questions, but frankly, I'm busy.

Everyone, have fun here at the Pokemon Ranger Club.

*Minun*
5th January 2009, 1:58 AM
Do you still play it/them: Definetly
Who’s your favorite character: Lunick
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger: Metagross

This is an awesome Idea for a club

elfowlgirl
5th January 2009, 2:04 AM
Do you own either Pokemon Ranger: both
Do you still play it/them: yes
Who’s your favorite character: Female in PR1
Who’s your favorite Pokemon in Ranger: Eevee

Illusione-Tempus
9th January 2009, 8:37 AM
I'm back! I finished the Ranger 1 game in 4 days! Wow, my catching skill is awesome!

I also want to ask, where can I get Blaziken again at Ranger 1? And how to get more special missions?