PDA

View Full Version : SPPF Christian Alliance

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Pikawho?
21st November 2008, 5:09 AM
Hey there everyone, welcome to the Christian Alliance! As if the title didn't make it obvious enough already, this club is for any member of the Christian belief. Doesn't matter if you're Catholic, Protestant, or some other group that follows Christ--if Jesus is your hero, this is where you belong. If you wanna join just post saying that you want in and you'll be an official member! =D

For those interested in Christianity: look below for information about salvation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/Ruchia/Christian%20Alliance/ChristianAlliance.jpg
RULES

- All SPPf rules apply here. That means no bashing, no spamming, no sneaking around the censors, etc.

- Do not harass the atheist or muslim alliances (either by pm or through posting). Although we do not agree with their beliefs, planning against them or anything like that will not be tolerated. If you absolutely must tell them that they're wrong, go to the debate forum and argue it out there.

- Non-members are encouraged to ask any questions they have, concerning Christianity. If you want a more thorough answer on a topic, visit www.gotquestions.org. That site is run by more educated Christians and will probably answer your question better than we can. In the event you only post to pick at our beliefs or whine and carry on, you will be reported. The Christian alliance is a place where we are allowed to speak of our religion without people telling us it's wrong. If you see something you don't agree with, too bad. This isn't the debate forum people, so please go there if all you want to do is argue.

Edit: For an indefinite period of time, nonmembers are not allowed to post here. Lately tensions have been high, due to posts from nonmembers so we are restricting this privilege until things settle down. Please respect this request. (Non-members asking for membership are allowed to post.)

- Due to the mass amount of wars caused by the subject of homosexuality, we have created a rule concerning the matter. WE DO NOT HATE HOMOSEXUALS. Hate the sin and love the sinner, this is the idea we support. Because the Bible does cite homosexuality as a sin though, we will not approve of such behavior just as we would not support people stealing, lying, cheating, etc. Homosexual Christians are still allowed to join by all means, but please do not get upset when someone tells you it's wrong. Again guys, this is not the debate forum. If you want to argue over the matter, please look there. Since we believe the Bible is the word of God though, we obviously have a straight forward answer to "is this wrong?" and there's no point in even debating about it in the first place.

Owner - Pikawho?
Co-Owner - ShinySandshrew
Co-Owner - Jesusfreak94
Temporary Co-Owner - Salavoir55

??????
777rak
Abagoora
Absol 20/20
Absol Master
ades
Aggron459
Agenttopaz
Al Sadiyat
Amphy11
Andros129
AngelLatias
aquajet16
arcanumghost
Arcanine Royale
ArceusOwner
armaster1
Armored Dragon
Asaspades
ASB
Ash's Pika Pal
Asterveil
Avenger
azurill
Battlestar
Big bang theology
Bionickai001
Birdknight
BirdsandBoats
Blademaster_Jale
BlahItsChris
blaziken33
BrendanRuby
Bridge
Brute Root
BUG
Bunny1895
Buster Cannon
Captain Swampert
Carlisle
Cavalry
Cecilia
Cedric's_Memory
Champion Jared 14
Charizard_guardian787
Chelc
Ch0c0late Av3ng3r
chosen_one386
Classical1
Cleftboywonder
Comis Patronus
Crazedyanma
Crobatman
Crystalzapdos
CuteDrew667
Damis_the_Shadow_Warrior
darkfireprince
darkraigirl
Dark washu
DawgsFan247
Dead6
deathwilldie
derkins
Devlin
Dialga's Song of Time
dingr17
DizzyWorld
DJMonty
dotaitos15
Dragoness
DragonFire353
Dread_Advocate
Drinkwaterlaura
Dummy99
Dunning
Duzok
EmpoleonStaraptorStarch
enchantingjirachi23
EspeonFan
EternalSmasherSceptile
Ethan
EeveeFangOver
Evil Blissey
Felix Morrison
Fiery Blaziken
Fire_guy
Flair
Flame Of Udun
Flawlessazn
Fonzo123454321
ForteXXX
Frenchy
frogla
Gaara*
GastlyMan
gerbene5
Gita Sousha
Glajummy
GoldSilverCrys
Golden Wolf X
Gray
Granbull Guy
grim reaper
ground tamer
Gudabriel
Hagane_Gir
Hakuryuu
Halsey
Harryheart
Heart of Ice
henri_chung
Hildergarn
HoagiethePokeBreeder
HommeDor
honey_clover112
Hotaru Neko
HydroSwampert
h0v0r
i!Mr Poo-Poo Head!i
Ichi_Bozo
I dont know 2 A.K.A. quilava lover
Igloo
igsey
IM4MISTY
InfernapeIZCool
JackSP
Jacobii
Jao
Jenna
jesusfreak94
Jirachi650
JirachiMan
jojo0220
JoshDuddy
Joveeno
Kal-El
Kanto Trio
KazeNoRyu
Khybon
kingferret53
King of Rhinos
kirbical
Kirby010694
krackerjack
Kratos45
Ktai
Kuchappy
La Rousseau
Laser Shuckle
latioslegends
Leon Phelps
Levski
Lint
Live54
Lily
LittleRedRodeo
littlestchristian13
Lord King of the Moon
Lord Zeffy
LostFreak815
Lucario4ever
Lucario7777777
lucarioso
Lugia58
Mad_Hatter
Maes Hughes
Manaphy Mare
Mare Imbrium
Marikunin
masteroftime
May Ketchum
maxc43
MegaTravis
Megchan
MetalMario
Metagross_guy
MidnightStorm
mightylegion
Mimori Kiryu
MISTYFAN4EVER8887
MonopolyMoneyBag
moonchild
morefirepokemon
Ms. Mime
Ms. Togekiss
musicmaster4Christ
NapalmSillyPuddy
Nemmeh
neomew342
Nicodemus
Night Avenger
NINJA PENGUIN
nintendofreakgcn
Novan_Hero
Orenji-chan
Oromis
Pachirisu
pegweg
Peregrine
Perrytheplatypus
Pho
Pikachu Masta
pikadon92
Pikagirl92
Pikalover
PikamasterADV
Pikapika677
pkmn17
Pkmn Breeder Jack
pokeAjvmon
pokefan0234
Pokelover33
pokemaster394
pokemondude
Pokemon_Trainer_Xande
pokewalker
Pokewiz
PumpedAaron
Reco-Red
Redcell
Regiman
Regirock
ResidentEcruteak
Revan <Darkside>
Rikku
robdog
Roland54
RonRon
Roseyblood
Roseheart95
Rusaemfrlg
Sachiko
Salavoir55
Serebii93
SG1
Shadow_Lugia_Master
Sherwin
Shigeru_Kun
Shining Aruseus
Shiny Dialga
shiny gardevior
Shiny Ho-Oh
Shiny Kamex
shiney mew
Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
ShinySandshrew
Ship-Of-The-Line
showers_213
ShurikenChimchar
SirCharles
SilverLugiaJ
Slyph
Shnitzel_12
sniffy
Stantler66
Star Dust
Steelrush
squirtleboy12
Super Gullwing
SuperStarly
S'Vivon
Tabby_Catty
Taneka
TheFightingPikachu
The Thrashmeister
The Wayfarer
TotodileCharizard
Treeko3605
Tristapaige
Trooper Guy
Tsuriai
Typo
Tyranny of Tyranitar
UltimateNagash
Umbreon_Forever
umbreon freak
Umbreon Ruler
Valkyrie X
VDknuckles
Venusaur16z
Victinitrainer
Viridian91
Virtual Chatot
Voltaic
Voltaic Vagrant
Willow's Tara
weakestlink33
Weav-vile
wesman1224
Whitney
Wind
Winter02
Winterbreezesrule
Woodosudo
Xtra
xxBlackyxx
xxGlassRose
XxM!styxX
Xman96
YellowHat
Yeshua-is-Lord
yoshi1990
Zachjj
Zahnblade
Zalck
ziakra
Zincspider
zinraidragon
.Starbright.
*cRiTiCaL*hIt*
~Hikari~
~Fraxy~
#Chimecho#

BANNERS

Anyone may contribute banners (regardless of whether or not they are members of the club). If you have a banner, you must pm me it first. Once approved, you may announce it to errybody and I'll add it to the banner selections. If you were not the creator of the banner, you must first get permission from the creator and credit the mind behind it.

Credit must be given for all banners.

Shigeru-kun;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/Ruchia/Christian%20Alliance/christianbanner1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/Ruchia/Christian%20Alliance/christianbanner2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/Ruchia/Christian%20Alliance/christianbanner4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/Ruchia/Christian%20Alliance/christianbanner5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/Ruchia/Christian%20Alliance/Christianbana1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/Ruchia/Christian%20Alliance/Christianbana2.png

Abagoora;
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8/passionforgodsplitbanne.png

Tabby Catty;
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/5659/beaconofhopewh7.png

Yellow Hat;
http://i18.*******.com/34jbouv.jpg

Scenice;
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8497/singyourpraisecopybo9.png

Absol 20/20;
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/Ruchia/Christian%20Alliance/serebiichristianallianccq5.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/Ruchia/Christian%20Alliance/serebiichristianalliancmm2.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/Ruchia/Christian%20Alliance/serebiichristianalliancsp9.gif

Voltaic Vagrant;
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7402/christianbannerxz5.png

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/6486/christianbanner2jk6.png

Shinysandshrew;
http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad114/ShinySandshrew/Christian%20Alliance%20Banners/SPPFCABan1.png

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad114/ShinySandshrew/Christian%20Alliance%20Banners/Ichthus2.png

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad114/ShinySandshrew/Christian%20Alliance%20Banners/Ichthus_Jesus.png

The Gospel:
All humans know the difference between good and evil. We know how wrong it is to lie, cheat, steal, envy and whatnot...but we still do it. We do it because it's easy and makes us "happy". Regardless of how happy it makes us feel though, sin is sin. It is evil and disgusting. When evil is committed, it needs to be punished...and our punishment is death, our punishment is hell.

Because of the Lord's immense love for us though, He has given us a way to be saved. He has died in our place. Even though God does not sin at all, He took our sin upon Him (as if He was the one who committed it) and received the punishment that went along with it. He took our sin so that we would be made holy. So that we could ascend into heaven.

So why can't we save ourselves? Why can't we erase our sin? Can you go back in time? Of course not. Once you sin, it's done. The Lord will not let us be tempted beyond what we can stand, so no human has an excuse to sin. Everytime you commit evil, you had a way to resist it. There is no one to blame but yourself. Since we cannot undo our sin (and therefore someone has to be punished for that evil), the only answer is for us to die...or for someone to take our place. Evil must be punished or otherwise there's no justice, but God is just so someone had to die. And He died for you.

Just like a lawyer though...God's exchange does not apply to everyone. If you went to court and someone offered "here, I will take your place" that's fine and dandy, but...if you don't accept it? Well obviously it's no use to you. In order for them to take your place, you must accept them. Same with God. God died on the cross to forgive our sins, He was sinless and spotless, but made Himself sin for you and me...but if you don't accept His help, you still carry your sin. And then you will have to take the punishment.

"I have stored up You Word in my heart, that I might not sin against You." -Psalm 119:11 (ESV)

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."-Romans 5:1-5 (ESV)

Psalm 1
Psalm 66:16-20
Romans 5:1-5
Romans 8:28
Romans 12:1-2
Ephesians 2:8-10
Philippians 4:6-7
Colossians 3:23-24
Titus 2:7-8
Hebrews 4:12
Hebrews 12:1-2
James 1:19-20
1 John 4:10-12
------------------------------------------
Reboot of the CA approved by Medea.

Chelc
21st November 2008, 9:41 PM
I've always wanted to join the Christian Alliance. I'm trying to visit the Clubs forum more often again, and joining here would not only help me do that but hopefully become more...open about my love for Christ as well. It's something I really need to work on, and I know being here would help me with that a lot.

I'm Protestant (Lutheran), and I've been going to church since I was three-years-old. Going to church isn't exactly a big thing around where I live, so it's always been awkward for me to talk about with anyone but my family and other people from my church. So...yeah. I kinda just keep to myself, which is something I'm not so proud about doing. Like I said, I really want to be more open about my love for Christ. It's going to be a new goal for me.

Hope I can join. :] I haven't been to church in a while (we're having a lot of family problems at the moment, and it's been really hard to make it...which I feel really bad about - I pray everyday at home, but it's really not enough), and I really need a place that's at least sort of like church. XD; Thanks for listening to me, if anything.

ForteXXX
21st November 2008, 9:50 PM
I want to join~!!! I love Jesus and stuff~!!! I'm a Christian and I've been going to church since I was six. I think it'll be cool being here since I don't get to talk about Jesus all that much since whenever I talk to my Christian friends we end up talking about Bleach, or school, or video games >>; So yah, add me to the list! 8D

Kal-El
21st November 2008, 10:24 PM
Yay, I'll finally have a post on the first page. :P

Have any of you heard about the controversy with Hillsong Australia's latest album "This Is Our God"?

Basically, a guy who wrote the song "Healer", which is about God being a healer, was walking around being sick and stuff, and then got "healed". But then it turned out he was faking. So they had to do a recall of all original releases of the album and DVD (which had his testimony) and remove it.

Shame, it's a powerful song. We still use it at Church. :P

chosen_one386
21st November 2008, 11:45 PM
Woot! This is my first post in the new alliance!!!

Never heard of that song, Kal-El. Can you post some lyrics?

Well, I'm going through even more rough times. My physics grade is dropping like a brick...and I'm trying to get number 1 in the class again this year...Somedays, I wish I wouldn't have to get out of bed. I'm always in a panic after a test (like today) and until I get my results, I can't stop thinking about the test. My faith has been tested through this. I'm starting to wonder if God is telling me I need to focus on something else other than getting top average. Then again, I've gotten it for the past five years, and valedictorian is coming up next year...so...I don't know what to think. I'm just mentally, emotionally, and physically tired.

Kal-El
21st November 2008, 11:50 PM
http://www.6lyrics.com/music/hillsong/lyrics/healer2.aspx

Just don't worry about tests. It never really bothers me cos I know, no matter what, it'll end well.

DawgsFan247
22nd November 2008, 2:02 AM
I'd like to rejoin, please...

Also, any of you who read the last thread know that I have a prayer request or two, so yeah. It's kinda rough right now, but I do also have a praise. For any of you who know anything about Band, I had Chair Auditions a week ago, after having prayed fervently about it, and yesterday found out that I got second chair, playing the first (and highest) part. My director said it was cause I was not only good, especially for a freshman, but also because I was ambitious. So yeah, now I actually have a shot at some solos, which I play in class anyway. Happy really doesn't cover it. Nervous might, though. XD

Pikawho?
22nd November 2008, 3:27 AM
Welcome Chelc and Fort. Hope this place helps you grow in your love for Christ. :3

Dawgs, you don't need to re-join....>.> We only transferred to a different thread...>.>

I like the lyrics.

Gah. We need a new topic. I'll see what I can do....>.>

Anyone have a verse that they would like to discuss? Or a passage of scripture?

Pachirisu
22nd November 2008, 4:21 AM
Well guys, I have a praise report. Ok, in the other club, I made a post asking people to PM because I needed to talk to some one. Just to get some things off of my chest. Well, just about a week ago, I was in a very bad car accident. A car ran a red light, and hit my friends car. (on the passengers side) I can't explain to you, how it happened, but ever since then, I have been paralyzed from the waist down. The doctor said I was lucky to be alive, but I would never be able to walk again. It was shocking to hear that for me. I just can't explain what I felt when I was told that. At first I was almost angry at God. But I realized, that God let this happen for a purpose. I repented, and went on with my life. Just yesterday, I stayed up all night, just praying and talking to God, until I just passed out from exhaustion. In the morning, I got a phone call from some man. And the only thing I heard was "Get up, and walk!" I didn't know what to think of it. I heard the voice again and it said the same thing. I don't even know what came over me, but I only closed my eyes for just a second, and when I opened my eyes, I was standing! I started to walk and run and I just got on my knees and just thanked God over and over again. I couldn't believe what had happened. One moment I was sitting in a wheel chair and unable to walk, and the next I was running! I went to see my doctor, and he said that I was perfectly healed! I called everyone I knew and told them about it. I can't thank God enough for what he did! I am going to give my testimony at my church on Sunday, but I will always be in debt to God. I can walk again and I can run again, and I owe it all to God.

But I also just want to thank everyone who prayed for me, and I want them to know, that they helped more than they know.

Xtra
22nd November 2008, 4:49 PM
Wow, Parichisu, that is amazing. And Pikawho, you should probably update taht member list, since some of those people may not be on Serebii anymore.

chosen_one386
22nd November 2008, 8:21 PM
I'd like to rejoin, please...

Also, any of you who read the last thread know that I have a prayer request or two, so yeah. It's kinda rough right now, but I do also have a praise. For any of you who know anything about Band, I had Chair Auditions a week ago, after having prayed fervently about it, and yesterday found out that I got second chair, playing the first (and highest) part. My director said it was cause I was not only good, especially for a freshman, but also because I was ambitious. So yeah, now I actually have a shot at some solos, which I play in class anyway. Happy really doesn't cover it. Nervous might, though. XD

Ah, another Georgian. Why is it that we have to state that we live in the American Georgia? Wait...yeah, it gets confusing. Especially when Russia invaded the country of Georgia and people in our county were like, we're being invaded by Russia?! XD

As for your band praise, congratulations. Our school is too small for a band, but I play the only instrument for literary competition (piano) and I'm the only player in our high school, so I have to compete each spring. I can understand how it feels to be nervous playing solo and such, but keep it up! God's given you a talent and you must use it to glorify him, and to do that, you must work hard at your playing.

Well guys, I have a praise report. Ok, in the other club, I made a post asking people to PM because I needed to talk to some one. Just to get some things off of my chest. Well, just about a week ago, I was in a very bad car accident. A car ran a red light, and hit my friends car. (on the passengers side) I can't explain to you, how it happened, but ever since then, I have been paralyzed from the waist down. The doctor said I was lucky to be alive, but I would never be able to walk again. It was shocking to hear that for me. I just can't explain what I felt when I was told that. At first I was almost angry at God. But I realized, that God let this happen for a purpose. I repented, and went on with my life. Just yesterday, I stayed up all night, just praying and talking to God, until I just passed out from exhaustion. In the morning, I got a phone call from some man. And the only thing I heard was "Get up, and walk!" I didn't know what to think of it. I heard the voice again and it said the same thing. I don't even know what came over me, but I only closed my eyes for just a second, and when I opened my eyes, I was standing! I started to walk and run and I just got on my knees and just thanked God over and over again. I couldn't believe what had happened. One moment I was sitting in a wheel chair and unable to walk, and the next I was running! I went to see my doctor, and he said that I was perfectly healed! I called everyone I knew and told them about it. I can't thank God enough for what he did! I am going to give my testimony at my church on Sunday, but I will always be in debt to God. I can walk again and I can run again, and I owe it all to God.

But I also just want to thank everyone who prayed for me, and I want them to know, that they helped more than they know.

That's amazing. A boy in my class had an accident on a four-wheeler nearly three years ago and was paralyzed from the waist down. We know he will never walk again and he is still in a wheelchair. Sometimes, people ask why God won't make him better, but I say that this is God's plan. It was also God's plan to grant you the ability to walk. I say you are very lucky. A week before the boy's accident, a girl in our class was killed in a four-wheeler accident, which hurt our class very much. But...I believe that was God's plan as well, because it brought our class closer together. We're a tight knit group now. :) I'm so glad you are okay.

Pokelover33
22nd November 2008, 8:25 PM
I'm re-joining!

Pachirisu! Thats Great! I'm so happy for you! God works wonders!

Also, can you guys pray for my Great Grand Father, he is dying, and is not going to get out of the hospital (says the doctors) So yeah

Chelc
22nd November 2008, 8:58 PM
Thanks, Pikawho! :)

Basically, a guy who wrote the song "Healer", which is about God being a healer, was walking around being sick and stuff, and then got "healed". But then it turned out he was faking. So they had to do a recall of all original releases of the album and DVD (which had his testimony) and remove it.

I dunno, that's pretty ridiculous to recall all the albums and DVDs. If people still enjoy the song, that should be no reason to remove it. Did he write it based on his healing, or...? I guess that's the part I'm confused on. If so, then I can see why. I can see removing the testimony, but not the song.

Well, I'm going through even more rough times. My physics grade is dropping like a brick...and I'm trying to get number 1 in the class again this year...Somedays, I wish I wouldn't have to get out of bed. I'm always in a panic after a test (like today) and until I get my results, I can't stop thinking about the test. My faith has been tested through this. I'm starting to wonder if God is telling me I need to focus on something else other than getting top average. Then again, I've gotten it for the past five years, and valedictorian is coming up next year...so...I don't know what to think. I'm just mentally, emotionally, and physically tired.

Eek, Physics. :x I don't know how stressful it is myself but I do have friends in it who are worried about it just as much as you. I freak out about tests and grades and everything, too, so I at least know what that's like. Honestly, though, I think you should give yourself a little break. It's great that you want to do so well but when it's harming you emotionally and physically...that's not good at all. The more you tire yourself out the less likely it is you'll finish out well, because you're so drained. I'm pretty sure God is trying to tell you to calm down, like you said. Who knows what He has store, but I'm sure whatever it is, it will be good for you. I'll keep you in my prayers, though. :] Good luck!

Aww, I hope things get better for you. :[ I'll definitely keep you in my prayers. Congrats, too!! That's a huge accomplishment, especially for a freshman.

Pachirisu, wow. That's...amazing. I've heard miracle stories before, but none of them come close to yours. I'm really glad you're alright... I couldn't imagine having to live paralyzed like that. God must having something else in store for you. :0

Also, can you guys pray for my Great Grand Father, he is dying, and is not going to get out of the hospital (says the doctors) So yeah

Sure, definitely. I'll pray for your family, too, since I know that [a family member dying] is one of the hardest things to go through.

do u still believe the bible crap?

people,move on...it's the 21st century;)

Yes, we do believe in what you call the "bible crap." :rolleyes: If you have any questions about Christianity and our beliefs, you should ask them maturely, but if you have nothing nice to say to us besides that, you should not be posting here. This is a place for Christians to talk with each other without being bashed by other members, though you obviously did not read the first page.

Pokelover33
22nd November 2008, 10:03 PM

people,move on...it's the 21st century;)
Yes we do believe the 'Crap' and we have reason to believe, how could Jesus' birth be foretold thousands of years before he was born? How could Jesus' body just be gone, and we have that on record that the body was gone.

I'm thinking we need a topic

Who's your favorite Christan Singer
Cris Tomlin.

Pikawho?
22nd November 2008, 11:11 PM
Who's your favorite Christan Singer?

Duke Walker. He leads my youth group's band. ;P I really don't have a favorite singer, though....

As for trying out for the band, good luck. I tried getting on as a keyboardist but I got owned by my friend who is alot better at that kind of playing(I still own him in sight-reading and classical piano, though). But yeah, good luck.

That's amazing, Pachirisu. That'll make a great testimony. I agree with Chelc, that surpasses most of the stories I've heard. Just proves that God will bless those who trust in Him during the worst of times.

I'll be praying for the requests that have been put up. Also, could you guys be praying for me? I have to take the SAT December 6th. That should pretty much make obvious what I want prayer for. Just pray that God will help me to not get stressed and to trust in Him. Thanks. And if any of you have already taken the test, send me any tips that you have. Much help is wanted. lol

Pachirisu
23rd November 2008, 12:40 AM
Who's your favorite Christian singer?

Toby Mac

Anyways, tonight I have to sing in a talent show my church is holding to raise money. I still don't know what to sing lol. I didn't want to enter in the first place, but my friends made me do it. The winner get's a 250$ prize though. The talent show isn't just for the church memebers only though. Anyone could enter if they wanted to. But i'm really nervous about it. But again, I want to thank everyone who prayed for me when I needed it.

Well, I gotta go now. Wish me luck!

starliteevee
23rd November 2008, 1:16 AM
Awesome, I'm happy that this club was re-maid. I'm not so open to my love for Christ, I usually only say if people ask me, but I still love him more than anything or anyone. I will pray for anyone that asks, so Pokelover, your Grandfather is in my prayers. And yeah, I would like to rejoin, please. Good luck Pachirisu! And that miracle that happened is fantastic! I'm really happy for you!

I don't have a favorite Christian singer because I don't know any, I only like a few singers anyway.

Kanto Trio
23rd November 2008, 5:16 AM
Yes, I am rejoining this club.

I don't really have a favorite Christian singer. But I do have a few Christian CDs (ones by The Swift and David Crowder Band). My area also happens to have a Christian music radio station.

Ashtyn
23rd November 2008, 6:07 PM
May I join?

I'm a Christian. I was taught that Jesus is the real God and I think that all of the other religions {not to put any other religions down ;)} don't really make much sense.
I really dislike Athiest (or however you spell it) because I just can't imagine the world just being there without having someone create it. :)

people,move on...it's the 21st century ;)

Yeah, I beleive in that crap!
Got a problem with that? ;]

chosen_one386
23rd November 2008, 7:39 PM
I'll be praying for the requests that have been put up. Also, could you guys be praying for me? I have to take the SAT December 6th. That should pretty much make obvious what I want prayer for. Just pray that God will help me to not get stressed and to trust in Him. Thanks. And if any of you have already taken the test, send me any tips that you have. Much help is wanted. lol

I'm taking it that day, too. I've already taken the SAT once, back in October. Visit the collegeboard site for some good practice. It helps a lot.

Pikawho?
23rd November 2008, 7:45 PM
^^How'd you do on the Essay?

And welcome Ashtyn. Answer any of the current topics or make your own!

I'll have a new topic thought of soon. I had one earlier but it flew away, as usual...>.>

Ashtyn
23rd November 2008, 9:17 PM
Thankyou for letting me join! :)

I don't know, Evan though I'm a Christian, I don't listen to as much Christian music like I should.
I'm more into Rap, Rock, and Hip-Hop. But still, for Christian music, I really like that group Cating Crowns.
Their music is amazing! ;)

chosen_one386
23rd November 2008, 10:42 PM
Pikawho?, I did pretty well on the essay my first time. For one reviewer, I got 4/6 and for the other, I got a 5/6, making my essay score a 9 out of 12. I must say that God has given me a gift for writing and that I would have made even better if I had finished it. Time was called right smack in the middle of a sentence, so I probably got points counted off for that. My advice for the essay is to research essay topics on Collegeboard and other sites and to practice writing essays, especially with timing yourself. There are many SAT study guides out there, but the official study guide book by the Collegeboard is the best.

Like Ashtyn, I really don't listen to Christian music as much as I need to. I'm more of an Alt-rock and hard rock person. Still, I do love Josh Groban. His songs just hit home with me, I guess. They have made me cry in the past. :)

I've been looking in Proverbs lately...and there is some really good stuff in there. Perhaps we could start discussing individual verses from this amazing book? Today, I read Prov. 28:11: The rich man is wise in his own eyes, But the poor who has understanding searches him out. So, how do you guys see this verse? What exactly is it saying to you?

Pikawho?
23rd November 2008, 11:32 PM
Ok. Thanks. I'll check out the site. Writing has always been a weakness for me so I'll definately need to study for that.

Hmm. Well, my pastor told me that in Proverbs we see three different kinds of people: the Wise, the Simple, and the Fool. He went on to say that the mocker/scoffer and those who are "wise in their own eyes" are worse than the fool. The Wise: Simply a man who follows God's commands. The Simple: One who's ignorant or indifferent about God's commands. The Fool: One who doesn't care about God's commands. That's pretty much how he explained it. Now, if we look at the verse in that sense, it says that a rich man is pretty much worse than a fool.

That's how I see it. What is it saying to me? IDK. Alot of the Proverbs are like this. Like having one thing and then a contrasting thing. So really all I can see is that it's stating that a rich man is worse than a fool and the poor has understanding. Not much else to say. Anyone else see something different?

And yeah, we should discuss individual verses from Proverbs. That's a good place to start.

starliteevee
24th November 2008, 12:23 AM
OK, I know this isn't from Proverbs, but I've got a question. In the book of Revelations (the very last one(but you probably knew that)) it says: Revelations 1:7: Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
Does that include blind people? I asked my mom and she said she didn't know. I know this is probably a stupid question but I was wondering if anybody could answer it.

As for your verse, Chosen One, I'm not sure. It means to me that The man who is rich thinks he is smart and brilliant, ubt the man who is poor knows that he really isn't. I looked it up in my bible, and it was worded differently.

Pokelover33
24th November 2008, 12:43 AM
OK, I know this isn't from Proverbs, but I've got a question. In the book of Revelations (the very last one(but you probably knew that)) it says: Revelations 1:7: Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
Does that include blind people?
Yes it dose, Jesus can restore eye site, remember.

I'll be praying for everyone's requests.

Anyway, my sister is really ill, can you guys pray for her, she needs it.

chosen_one386
24th November 2008, 2:40 AM
I'll be praying for your sister, Pokelover33. I hope God makes her well soon.

Yes, I believe that when Christ comes again, the blind will see him. Surely such a great site as that will be revealed to the blind.

There are a lot of verses like that in Proverbs and elsewhere in the Bible. If you think you are smart and brilliant and know everything, you are not wise at all, but if you know that you do not know everything, you are wiser than those who think they know everything. You also see that in other books as well. I believe other religious writings say things along that line.

starliteevee
24th November 2008, 3:59 AM
Of course, God wants us to remember that we are only human, and we are imperfect and have unclean souls, and as long as we have those faults we do not have perfection.
Pokelover I'll be praying for your sister and Great-Grandfather tonight.

Xtra
24th November 2008, 4:03 AM
Nothing that walked on this Earth is perfect, except for Jesus. And until he comes again, humans will continue to be like that.

Pikawho?
24th November 2008, 4:24 AM
lol that's a hard question. I'll just go with what everyone else said and say, yes, the blind will see. But we don't really know for sure. When they do see again, it will be at that time so yeah.

Kal-El
24th November 2008, 8:16 AM

I like any, but I am rather fond of Brooke Fraser.

Pokelover33
24th November 2008, 9:31 PM
Kal-El, watch the one liners, don't want the club to get closed.

I think my little sister is doing better. I got banned from the computer in my room because I was not doing 'school' things. Or 'Educational' things. What do they call going to the NHC's (national hurricane center)!?

Also, I think my sister is doing better. Thanks for everyone who prayed.

Chelc
24th November 2008, 9:35 PM
Family Force 5, Relient K, Switchfoot. Yeah, all bands. I don't really listen to any solo Christian artists. ^^;

Also, could you guys be praying for me? I have to take the SAT December 6th. That should pretty much make obvious what I want prayer for. Just pray that God will help me to not get stressed and to trust in Him. Thanks. And if any of you have already taken the test, send me any tips that you have. Much help is wanted. lol

Oh man, I hated taking the ACT three times. >> It's stressful, but when you feel great once it's all over. I know it's not the exact same as the SAT, but yeah, definitely similar. The best advice I can give you is just act like it's any old test you have to take. I mean, still treat it importantly, but when it comes down to it, it really is just a test. The less you freak out the better you'll do on it. :x The environment in which you take the test can really affect how well you do, too - so if it's going to be cold, wear a hoodie just in case. Get a lot of sleep and eat a good breakfast before you go, too. XD like chosen_one386 said, sign up for Collegeboard (http://www.collegeboard.com/) - they send really helpful newsletters all the time regarding the ACT, SAT, and planning for college. :) I'll definitely keep you in my prayers!

I've been looking in Proverbs lately...and there is some really good stuff in there. Perhaps we could start discussing individual verses from this amazing book? Today, I read Prov. 28:11: The rich man is wise in his own eyes, But the poor who has understanding searches him out. So, how do you guys see this verse? What exactly is it saying to you?

I agree with starliteevee. A rich man may think he's totally amazing, but when it comes down to it, the poor man will ultimately have a greater knowledge and understanding of life.

Does that include blind people?

Definitely. Like Pokelover33 said, Jesus can make the blind see again.

Anyway, my sister is really ill, can you guys pray for her, she needs it.

Aww, I'm sorry. :[ How is your great grandfather doing, btw - the same, or have things changed? I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers.

Pokelover33
24th November 2008, 10:26 PM
How is your great grandfather doing, btw - the same, or have things changed? I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers.

His mind is going. He thought that there was a 13 year was taking care of him, and he did not reconise my great uncles (His son's) voice. Before that he thought that three people were running the hospital. Thanks for praying, please keep praying.

I'm still praying for everyones request!

--Yash

starliteevee
24th November 2008, 10:42 PM
Oh, that's sad, but I'll keep praying, and I'm happy your sister is doing better. Chelc, you like Reliant K too? Awesome! I hope you can go to church more often, I go every Sunday and it's very nice but I don't quite understand everything and I sometimes zone out.
I don't really have any prayer requests, but my older brother is going to join the army, and I don't want him to end up like my other one, so if you could ask God to keep him safe that'd be nice.

grounder
26th November 2008, 4:48 AM
Uh, wow. I'd like to sign back up to the Christian Alliance, if it can be allowed. :D

EDIT: Gah, forgot teh topix and one-liner rule.

Wavorly. It's actually a Christian Rock group, so I hope that still qualifies. I've been trying to find their CD, Conquering the Fear of Flight, in stores for some time...

ForteXXX
26th November 2008, 4:52 AM
Toby Mac
Aagh!! My friends and my sister are obsessed with him, too much, Made to Love x.x
Fav Singer
Um, I guess either Creed(are they considered Christian?), Jeremy Camp, or 33Miles 8D

Shadow-saur
26th November 2008, 5:01 AM
hi! I'm a christian and i go to the salvation army (and sort of penocostal too) =D can i join?

oh and whoever said tobymac is officially my new best friend! *loves tobymac* :)

Xtra
26th November 2008, 6:26 AM
I've never seen this club turn anyone away, so you two are fine by me. But it's not official until Pikawho? approves you.

Cassiel
26th November 2008, 1:49 PM
Ah, finally, a Christian Club. Can I join?

I'm Catholic, and one of a minority in my country. Most of people in my country are Muslim. That kinda makes me proud, since... we're minority. ;D Although I'm like that, I still respect Atheist and Muslim though. :O

I've been gone to Church since I was a little kid, but now, I felt kinda lazy, since it's Sunday and my school ranges from Monday to Saturday, so, tired and busy.

Looking forward to meet more Christians in here. =] Hope I could also join!

Pikawho?
26th November 2008, 3:21 PM
Welcome new people. Answer any of the current topics or make your own! =D And like Xtra said, you're pretty much in when you post.

^^^Finally? The alliance has been around for quite some time now....Glad you found it, though. And that's cool that you're still holding onto your faith even in a country where hardly anyone believes.

starliteevee
26th November 2008, 8:07 PM
That's cool, Ruby Moon, I'm a Catholic too. I can't really think of a new topic or any way to answer the old one, sorry.

chosen_one386
26th November 2008, 9:26 PM
What country do you line in Ruby Moon? I'm glad you are holding onto your faith while respecting others' faiths as well. It's important to do so no matter what country you live in. In some countries, though, I understand how hard it is when dealing with religious lines.

PixieMaster
27th November 2008, 2:10 AM
Oh, this is wonderful! ^^ I'm a Baptist living in Louisiana in guess where? The Bible Belt. Well, for those who don't know, the Bible Belt is an area of parishes where we're known for being highly religious. I've gone to church since I was a baby. My family are strong Christians, and so am I.

I want to join this club because I have faith in the Lord and Jesus. I have faith in all those today, and from long ago in the Biblical times.

Pikawho?
27th November 2008, 3:29 AM
Never heard of the Bible Belt, but I have heard about the south having alot of Baptists. :P Welcome to the club. Answer the current topic or make your own!

Speaking of topics.....

New Topic: What are you most thankful for?

Thanksgiving is tomorrow(at least for the US) so this is a topic that'll help us get into that thankful mindset.

As for me, I'm thankful that I have a home to live in and food to eat and a country where I'm free to follow God etc.. What I'm most thankful for is that Jesus died for my sins so that I wouldn't have to. I'm sure we're all thankful for that.

And just for fun: Any fun family traditions that your family does on Thanksgiving?

My family doesn't really have anything. My siblings and I clean up the house(to make it look as if it's always neat and in order) and watch the parade. That's really all there is, besides fighting over who gets the turkey legs. lol

Chelc
27th November 2008, 4:15 AM
His mind is going. He thought that there was a 13 year was taking care of him, and he did not reconise my great uncles (His son's) voice. Before that he thought that three people were running the hospital. Thanks for praying, please keep praying.

I'm still praying for everyones request!

--Yash

:[ I'm really sorry to hear that... I'll keep praying for him as well as the rest of your family. *hugs*

Chelc, you like Reliant K too? Awesome! I hope you can go to church more often, I go every Sunday and it's very nice but I don't quite understand everything and I sometimes zone out.
I don't really have any prayer requests, but my older brother is going to join the army, and I don't want him to end up like my other one, so if you could ask God to keep him safe that'd be nice.

Yeah, I love them a lot. I wish they'd come out with a new CD, though. XD; Thanks! I hope so, too. I really miss my pastor's sermons. I feel like if I don't go to church, I'll end up having a terrible week, lol. It's usually the case, too. Call me ridiculous but it really motivates me to get things done and etc during the week. =<

Oh, wow. I'll pray for him. My cousin and her husband are going to Iraq soon, so I can kind of relate. 8(

Welcome to all the new members, too! :] It's great to have you guys here.

What are you most thankful for?
My family is going through some really tough financial problems right now, so I'm just thankful to have a roof over my head. I'm thankful to have so many amazing people in my life, and a family that really cares about me, despite the problems we're having right now. I think it's brought us closer together. Of course, like Pikawho said, I'm thankful that Jesus died for my sins, too.

Traditions? We don't really have any, either. XD; Well, we do the wishbone thing, I guess, if that counts as a tradition. <<;

Ri-Chan
27th November 2008, 4:25 AM
I believe in christ, But I have not been going to church because of home problems. I am trying not to lie, Because that is my strongest sin. I an thankful for the lord taking my place in my sins. i will try to go to curch more.

However, I do not know if i am deserving to join this club...

I have a question. Is sex before marriage considered a sin, or is it just against Cristian belief. Same with homosexuality?

PixieMaster
27th November 2008, 4:40 AM

Ah... let's see... I'm thankful for my mother being alive. She... almost died. But had an interesting story to tell.

She had a rare disease from smoking. And, so, the doctors were performing open-heart surgery. She told me she saw her mother and father. Gam (I call her that) appeared first. My mom said, "I have lived through so much pain. Please, can you take me with you?"

So Gam says, "I will ask God. If He says yes, then you can go."

So she disappears. One second later, Gam appears again.

"God says yes. But be warned: once you go, you can never come back."

So my mom says, "Thank you!"

Then, Grandpa appeared out of nowhere and yelled, "you stay there and finish your job!"

It was an incredible story, to say the least.

Pokelover33
27th November 2008, 4:49 AM
Hard one.
...My Mom, my grandmother, my grandfather, my sister, my uncle...my family, my friends, my life, Jesus. And more.

Cassiel
27th November 2008, 5:57 AM
What country do you line in Ruby Moon? I'm glad you are holding onto your faith while respecting others' faiths as well. It's important to do so no matter what country you live in. In some countries, though, I understand how hard it is when dealing with religious lines.

I live in Indonesia, the biggest and most crowded Islamic country, although not all of the people here are Muslim though. Peoples in Bali are Hindu and we also have Protestant, Catholic, Buddha.

It's kinda hard though, but although we're kinda different, most of people here still respect us minorities. ;D

For even the smallest thing like getting a good score, and I'm very thankful that God helps me to solve family problems and personal problems.

....And having a great family. :'D

Carlisle
27th November 2008, 7:29 AM
Good thing we have it back up. Sad that Shigeru is gone.

I'm most thankful for EVERYTHING. The good and bad. Life wouldn't be life without it all.

If anyone ever needs someone to talk to just message me! Pokelover33, you seem to be going through a lot of hard stuff right now, so if you need someone to talk to, just add me as a friend and send me a PM. (: That goes for anyone, really!

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving!

chosen_one386
27th November 2008, 5:26 PM
I'm most thankful for my loving and supporting parents and friends and for God's love. For the past few months, I've been having a rough time involving school, but I believe God has placed these people in my life to help me through these times. I'm also thankful for this Alliance and this forums in general. You don't know how much I prayed for someone to share my love of Pokemon and God with. It's hard to do so with some of the people in my life.

Pikawho?
27th November 2008, 6:27 PM
I believe in christ, But I have not been going to church because of home problems. I am trying not to lie, Because that is my strongest sin. I an thankful for the lord taking my place in my sins. i will try to go to curch more.

However, I do not know if i am deserving to join this club...

I have a question. Is sex before marriage considered a sin, or is it just against Cristian belief. Same with homosexuality?

As long as you believe in Jesus, you are welcome to join this club. =D

And yes, it is a sin. However it is forgivable, but still...God reserved sex for people who are married. Paul says stuff about the sexually immoral in 1 Corinthians. He says that, "You are sinning against your body as well" or something along those lines. Homosexuality falls along the same lines, but there's other verses about that as well in Romans(?). I'll look up the specific verses and get back to you on that....

grounder
27th November 2008, 7:50 PM

Forgiveness, which helped me from turning into a neurotic worrier among other things. And in a close tie for second place, sleep and the chance for me to live.

Pokelover33
27th November 2008, 8:55 PM
Thanks for all of you guys and girls who prayed for my grandfather. He is still alive, and is doing better He's not doing good by mine and your standereds but he is doing better

If anyone ever needs someone to talk to just message me! Pokelover33, you seem to be going through a lot of hard stuff right now, so if you need someone to talk to, just add me as a friend and send me a PM. (: That goes for anyone, really!
You'll be getting one. Thanks.

Anywho, happy Thanksgiving to all Amaricans. (I think it's only for amarica)

I have a question that might morph into a topic, what do you think about the Clean and Unclean Meats? Do you think it is still...well...are suppost to be obayed or not, and do you eat 'Unclean' meats.
Yes and no for me.

--Yash

grounder
27th November 2008, 8:57 PM
The clean/unclean meats were dealt with in the New Testament, actually. 3 points to the person that names the apostle who dreamed on the roof.

Willow's Tara
27th November 2008, 9:00 PM
Hi ppls its me, I got something to say:
I really do believe God exists after today, see last night I prayed that it would be bright and sunny tomorrow, especiall at 5am (needed to do a special delivery but I don't like walking when is cloudy) and it happeneded!
Perhaps it's a conidence but I don't think so, do you think he heard me and delivered it? It wasn't for me, it was for others I was mailing to.
And I think now perhaps God put us on earth so we could love and care for one another, to live life to the fullest, do whatever you want and not hate and make wars and stressing etc.

Edit: To the topic: I would like to say I am thankful for my family and friends, and for life itself really. I guess watching the sunrise puts on that you;)
Btw Australia doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving although I wished we did

Pokelover33
27th November 2008, 9:46 PM
^Thats Great! It could be a conuicidence, but it is more likely God. Also: It's day time at 5:00AM were you live!? It's starting to get dark right now, and it's only 3:45. =/ I thought I saw you in the old alliance. I might have been wrong, but I'm pretty sure I did.

--Yash

starliteevee
27th November 2008, 9:50 PM
Yep I'm pretty sure it's God and no coincidence. When I was playing a sport and had to do a race, I prayed to God to help me since I don't do well competitivly or in front of other people. And I won! God works in strange ways, but I shall not complain. Happy Thanksgiving, Americans!

grounder
27th November 2008, 9:57 PM
I'm undecided, so yeah... Not that I'm denouncing the fact that God does act on prayers in some way, but if there was definitely going to be sunny weather today where you live, Tara, I don't think that God would have to act on it. Then again, I'm most likely assuming something wrong.

Willow's Tara
27th November 2008, 10:06 PM
According to the weatherman it was going to be a few showers guessing cloudy, didn't get much else since I didbn't see it all.

But I am preassuming he did. It could be very well a conidence

grounder
27th November 2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah, well I would hate to delve into an area where I would describe something that I have no firsthand experience of. I haven't been exposed to all of God's choices for this world or the next, and I don't intend to be. I'd much rather say that God did provide your sunny day.

Kanto Trio
28th November 2008, 4:04 AM

I am most thankful that I live in a developed country (since the majority of the people in this world are not this fortunate) and the fact that my family has not entered any sort of financial crisis (although I'm worried about how I'm going to get through college next year).

Pikawho?
28th November 2008, 5:53 AM
Interesting, Tara, but I'm kinda going with what Grounder said. However, if it was supposed to be cloudy then maybe it's more than just a coincidence. But hey, it's still awesome that you're giving credit to God for even the little things. =D

chosen_one386
28th November 2008, 11:36 PM
Always give God credit for the little things and thank him for them, too. Even if it's a small snack or a book or anything, give thanks to him. :)

Willow's Tara
29th November 2008, 12:01 AM
That is true, you never know really. Either that or Mother Nature answered it.

I did thank him by praying to him, does that counT?

Pokelover33
29th November 2008, 12:08 AM
Yep, it is.

-sigh- My life has been turning upside down for the past few days, and now my mom, who is in jail, is going off somewere else, were I cannot see her weekly, also, my greatgrandfather is doing somewhat better.

--Yash

Xtra
29th November 2008, 1:04 AM
It's good that your Great-Grandfather is better. But why is your mom in jail?

Pikawho?
29th November 2008, 1:58 AM
That is true, you never know really. Either that or Mother Nature answered it.

I did thank him by praying to him, does that counT?

Of course! Praying to God is more than just asking Him to do stuff for you(which alot of us tend to think). When we pray, we're also supposed to thank Him for stuff He's done in our lives or in the lives of others. So yeah, you responded in the right way. However, any way that you want to express your thankfullness to God is fine to.

Good to hear about your grandfather, but what'd your mom do to getsent to jail?

chosen_one386
29th November 2008, 3:44 AM
I would like to ask you to please pray for my grandfather. He is in the late stages of Parkinson's and the nursing home and his doctors are talking about feeding tubes, which is scaring the life out of my mother and me. His birthday is Sunday, though, and I hope he feels much better in time for my uncle and his family to come down and see him.

PixieMaster
29th November 2008, 6:25 AM
Oh... I'm so upset. My cousin said that my grandparents are in Hell. I know my grandmother is in Heaven, since before she died, she said, "Mom?" And Grandpa should be too. It doesn't make any sense! How could he say that? It really upsets me.

dkc46
29th November 2008, 7:33 AM
Hey could i join this club?

Xtra
29th November 2008, 3:55 PM
You join once you post, so welcome.

Pikawho?
29th November 2008, 4:00 PM
Oh... I'm so upset. My cousin said that my grandparents are in Hell. I know my grandmother is in Heaven, since before she died, she said, "Mom?" And Grandpa should be too. It doesn't make any sense! How could he say that? It really upsets me.

Well, were they Christians? Did they have a believable faith in Jesus? In the end, that's all that matters.

And I'll be praying Chosen_one.

And yeah, welcome to the club. Just watch the one-liners. ;P

chosen_one386
29th November 2008, 7:00 PM

That's terrible that your cousin said that. As long as you know that they accepted Christ as their lord during their lifetimes, you shouldn't worry.

SUPERSAIYANALEX
29th November 2008, 7:20 PM
people we must spread the word about the antichrist! we need to save some of the people. this happens next year! people must know about this! many will DIE.

Shadow-saur
29th November 2008, 8:17 PM
uhh... the anti-christ? we don't know when that's going to happen. it says so right in the bible.

SWEETCHERRYB
29th November 2008, 10:06 PM
I am sorry for my boyfriend he kinda lost it since he has adhd he does kinda flip out like that. I have a request and I think that we should tell people who dont believe the message in John 3:16
For God loved the world so mch that he gave his one and only son,so everyone who believes in him shall have everlasting life. For God did not send him to judge the world, but to save the world.

Carlisle
30th November 2008, 12:56 AM
people we must spread the word about the antichrist! we need to save some of the people. this happens next year! people must know about this! many will DIE.
No. It's not happening next year.

Pikawho?
30th November 2008, 1:26 AM
Why the crap are you freaking out about the anti-Christ? Why are you so sure it's next year? Do you have scripture that can back up your opinion?

Like everyone said, no one knows for sure.

Wormow
30th November 2008, 1:27 AM
I'm Catholic, so I guess I'll join. This story has been going on for thousands of years, so it has to be true.

grounder
30th November 2008, 2:01 AM
I am sorry for my boyfriend he kinda lost it since he has adhd he does kinda flip out like that. I have a request and I think that we should tell people who dont believe the message in John 3:16
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only son,so everyone who believes in him shall have everlasting life. For God did not send him to judge the world, but to save the world.

Thanks for posting that for us to read, and all of it, too. We try our best, even though we over-read certain important things. Not to mention any names, though. :P

Pokelover33
30th November 2008, 2:47 AM
We don't know when it is, only God and Christ knows, on the other side

No. It's not happening next year.
You never know what could happen in a year.

My mom is in jail for drug abuse. She gave up on God, and has came back.

Also, can you guys pray that I could go to Isrial this summer?

SUPERSAIYANALEX
30th November 2008, 3:56 AM
I just think its something people should talk about more often. My mom gave me this packet that had the information on it. well I still apologise but nobody really talks of that so I got excited because I wanted to let others know. My mother said that I was getting carried away so then she gave me a lecture and then I figured out a few things,like if it doesnt say anything about the mark of the beast,the temple being rebiult or any of that stuff oh and the thing said the rapture would take place during the 3rd world war. the bible clearly states however that the rapture should happen before the antichrist comes to power. Sorry for all the trouble.

grounder
30th November 2008, 4:08 AM
That's alright, Alex. SWEETCHERRYB posted and explained some of it, so you're good. XD

There are a lot of things that Christians have to talk about often Most notable are the things which worry us the most... All in all, we need to focus on talking about our Christian walk much more than other things which surround us... :/ Gah.

Kanto Trio
30th November 2008, 4:29 AM
the bible clearly states however that the rapture should happen before the antichrist comes to power. Sorry for all the trouble.
Actually, the Bible does not mention whether the rapture will occur before the tribulation or during the tribulation. So it is very possible that the rapture could happen during the middle of the tribulation.

Also, this doesn't signify when the rapture will occur but I read somewhere that many of the Christians in other countries, especially those that face persecution, actually find it hard to accept that rapture will happen before the tribulation especially since Christians are not going to get it easy in this world (It was written by a missionary who worked with Muslims in Africa and later on France. He actually spoke to our church during one of our missions conference.).

Wormow
30th November 2008, 4:39 AM
Any of you guys go church weekly? I do.

Pokelover33
30th November 2008, 5:49 AM
Watch the one liners. And yes I do.

Whats your favorit Bible Vurse?
Ephesians 2:8-9:For it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith...not through works, so that none can boast.

That means a lot to me. It was actualy the first thing I read when I got my first bible.

That and Proverbs 16:12: It is an abomination to kings to commit wickedness: for the throne is established by righteousness.
I don't know why they are my favorits, but they are.

Pachirisu
30th November 2008, 5:58 AM
We don't know when it is, only God and Christ knows, on the other side

You never know what could happen in a year.

My mom is in jail for drug abuse. She gave up on God, and has came back.

Also, can you guys pray that I could go to Isrial this summer?

Actually, i'm pretty sure the Bible says that not even Christ knows when it will happen, only God. On another note however, I am so sorry to hear about your mom being in jail. I will be praying for her. I will also be praying for you to go to Israel.

chosen_one386
30th November 2008, 11:01 PM
Whats your favorit Bible Vurse?
Er...I don't know the exact location, but the one that says that all things are possible through God who strengthens us.

Pikawho?
1st December 2008, 12:12 AM
Whats your favorit Bible Verse?

2Corinthian 5:21

"For our sake He made Him to be sin, Who knew no sin, that we might become the righteousness of God."

I don't know why but I just love this verse. It lays out for us that Jesus became sin for us so that we might have a path to Heaven.

Practical Joke
1st December 2008, 1:21 AM
What sins are unforgivable?

Pokelover33
1st December 2008, 4:05 AM
Watch the one liners.

The case of the "unpardonable sin / unforgivable sin" or "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit" in the New Testament is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and Matthew 12:22-32. The term “blasphemy” may be generally defined as "defiant irreverence." We would apply the term to such sins as cursing God or willfully degrading things relating to Him. It is also attributing some evil to God, or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him. This case of blasphemy, however, is a specific one, called "the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" in Matthew 12:31. In this passage the Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that He was possessed by the demon "Beelzebub" (Matthew 12:24). In Mark 3:30, Jesus is very specific about what exactly they did to commit "the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit."
This blasphemy then has to do with accusing Jesus Christ (in person, on earth) of being demon-possessed. There are other ways to blaspheme the Holy Spirit (such as lying to Him, as in the case of Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5:1-10), but the accusation against Jesus was the blasphemy that was unpardonable. This unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit cannot be duplicated today because Jesus Christ is not on earth but is seated at the right hand of God.

The only unpardonable sin today is that of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in unbelief. John 3:16 tells us, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life." The only condition where someone would have no forgiveness is if he/she is not among the "whoever believes in Him." Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6). To reject the only means of salvation is to condemn oneself to an eternity in hell because to reject the only pardon is, obviously, unpardonable.

Many people fear they have committed some sin that God cannot and will not forgive, and they feel there is no hope for them, no matter what they do. Satan would like nothing better than to keep us laboring under this misunderstanding. The truth is that if a person has this fear, he/she needs only to come before God, confess that sin, repent of it, and accept God’s promise of forgiveness. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). This verse assures us that God is ready to forgive any sin, no matter how heinous, if we come to Him in repentance. If you are suffering under a load of guilt today, God is waiting with His arms open in love and compassion for you to come to Him. He will never disappoint or fail to pardon those who do.

(Taken from http://www.gotquestions.org/unpardonable-sin.html)

That means that the unforgivable sin is not accepting Jesus Christ.

Pikawho?
1st December 2008, 5:11 AM
Nice post. Pretty much what I was going to say and then some.

The only unforgivable sin mentioned in the Bible is(as mentioned) blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. And I commend you for going even further to say that the unforgivable sin is not accepting Jesus.

Other than that, I have nothing else to say...Nice post.

Pokelover33
1st December 2008, 8:27 PM
I made a few banners when I was bord.. ...I hope it counts as an image, not a banner.
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Eevee_bucket/Crossbanner-1-1.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Eevee_bucket/Crossbanner-1-1.jpg
Than add img tags

Also made this one.
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Eevee_bucket/Crossbanner-1.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Eevee_bucket/Crossbanner-1.jpg
Add img tags

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Eevee_bucket/Crossbanner-1-2.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Eevee_bucket/Crossbanner-1-2.jpg
Add Image Tag

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Eevee_bucket/COTBanner-1-2.jpg and http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Eevee_bucket/COTBanner-1-1.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Eevee_bucket/COTBanner-1-2.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Eevee_bucket/COTBanner-1-1.jpg
Add IMG tag

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Eevee_bucket/GMWBANNER-1.jpg
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll99/Eevee_bucket/GMWBANNER-1.jpg
Add IMG tag
I do not want credit if you use them.

Xtra
1st December 2008, 8:55 PM
The only complaint i have about the banners is that the words on the banners are difficult to read

LordOfTheSceptile
2nd December 2008, 12:34 AM
I myself am not christian; but I have some questions and the front page mentioned people could ask questions.
What happens to good people that don't believe in christ as a savior; but they believe in G-d?
Why do people who mess up while alive suffer for enternity?
If satan created evil, than is satan as strong as G-d?

Chelc
2nd December 2008, 2:07 AM
Whats your favorite Bible Verse?
Alright, so it's more like...a passage? XD; Seriously, though, it's my favorite. :[

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 - Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

The bolded part is why. I can't really explain it any other way...without rambling, lol.

Pokelover33: nice banners! :)

Pokelover33
2nd December 2008, 3:16 AM
What happens to good people that don't believe in christ as a savior; but they believe in G-d?[/qoute]
They are resurected and given another chance to accsept Christ

[QUOTE]Why do people who mess up while alive suffer for enternity?
My Church Teaches that people will just die if they do not accsept Christ, there souls will be distroyed. That is, after the Second Resurection

Nope. Satan is an angel, a fallen one. Angles are not as strong as God. Also, Evil is not as strong as good.

Also, I think we should be thinking about the new co-owner, or if we even need one.

Xtra
2nd December 2008, 6:59 AM
I myself am not christian; but I have some questions and the front page mentioned people could ask questions.
What happens to good people that don't believe in christ as a savior; but they believe in G-d?

They need to accept Christ as Savior. Even the demons believe in God, and they tremble.

Even one sin seperates us from God, and all have sinned and fallen short. God can't allow sin into his kingdom, and the people that don't accept him as savior obviously don't want anything to do with him. So he grants their wish and puts them in a place where they are as far away as possible.

No. God created Lucifer, who was a high-ranking angel before turning against God with a third of the angels behind him. All of them were soundly defeated and cast into hell

SUPERSAIYANALEX
2nd December 2008, 8:17 AM
satan was once a member of the 4 angels of the apocalypse. he was the one who rode the white horse. his previous name lucipher [or however it was spelt] meant "to conquer" and since his name had so much impact on him he thought he was better then god so god banished him with a few of his friends. My favorite bible verse is "it is more blessed to give than to recieve"

SUPERSAIYANALEX
2nd December 2008, 8:21 AM
one other thing,why did you not put the o in "God"? that is not cool, its not like his name is a bad word or something.

Pikawho?
3rd December 2008, 2:09 AM

1. They go to Hell. That's the sad reality. If you believe in God, but not Jesus, then you're lost. Jesus is the only Way that we can have access to Heaven. :/

2. How so? Like they rape a few people, rob a few stores or whatever? That kinda mess-up? Well, simply, they haven't put their faith and hope in Jesus as their Savior. If they did at some point after they screwed up, then they'll probably be in Heaven. But assuming that they didn't do that, we all must die for our sins. No matter how bad your sin is, it's great enough to separate you from God for eternity. So even if you were a good person yet didn't trust in Jesus, you'd still suffer for all eternity. :/

3. Well, God created Satan(or Lucifer), Satan wanted to be better than God, God cast Satan and his followers down to hell. End of story. ;P I don't think Satan necessarilly "created" evil, but he's the one who introduced it to the world. As to who created evil, that in itself is a mystery. :/

I didn't really look at the other posts since I'm only going to be on for a bit so if I repeated anything then it's not my fault. XP

Chelc, that's a good passage. We had to memorize 13:4-7 for my church one year. This year I get to memorize it in Spanish so that'll be fun. =D

pokelover, a co-owner has been decided on. I just need to get the response from Crobatman since he supposidly pm-ed the person about it. We might add another one if necessary.....

Shiny-Golduck
3rd December 2008, 4:45 AM
Hi! I would like to join this club! I have grown up as a Christian in the Evangelical (sp?) Quaker church. I hope that I will get to know you guys and help everyone grow in their faith through fellowship.

Pokelover33
3rd December 2008, 3:39 PM
Guys! I have a question. If you found out one of your friends was an (iforgetphilie) but likes to have people see him naked, would they still be your friends?

Also, Atheists Want God Out of Kentucky Homeland Security
FRANKFORT, Ky. — A group of atheists filed a lawsuit Tuesday seeking to remove part of a state anti-terrorism law that requires Kentucky's Office of Homeland Security to acknowledge it can't keep the state safe without God's help.

American Atheists Inc. sued in state court over a 2002 law that stresses God's role in Kentucky's homeland security alongside the military, police agencies and health departments.

Of particular concern is a 2006 clause requiring the Office of Homeland Security to post a plaque that says the safety and security of the state "cannot be achieved apart from reliance upon almighty God" and to stress that fact through training and educational materials.

The plaque, posted at the Kentucky Emergency Operations Center in Frankfort, includes the Bible verse: "Except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain."

"It is one of the most egregiously and breathtakingly unconstitutional actions by a state legislature that I've ever seen," said Edwin F. Kagin, national legal director of Parsippany, N.J.-based American Atheists Inc. The group claims the law violates both the state and U.S. constitutions.

But Democratic state Rep. Tom Riner, a Baptist minister from Louisville, said he considers it vitally important to acknowledge God's role in protecting Kentucky and the nation.

"No government by itself can guarantee perfect security," Riner said. "There will always be this opposition to the acknowledgment of divine providence, but this is a foundational understanding of what America is."

Kentucky has been at the center of a series of legal battles involving religious issues in recent years, most involving displays of the Ten Commandments in public buildings. One case went to the U.S. Supreme Court, which ruled in 2005 that such displays inside courthouses in two counties were unconstitutional.

Kentucky isn't the only state dealing with religious issues, but Ed Buckner, president of American Atheists, said it's alone in officially enlisting God in homeland security.

"I'm not aware of any other state or commonwealth that is attempting to dump their clear responsibility for protecting their citizens onto God or any other mythological creature," Buckner said.

State Rep. David Floyd, R-Bardstown, said the preamble to the Kentucky constitution references a people "grateful to almighty God," so he said he sees no constitutional violation in enlisting God in the state's homeland security efforts.

"God help us if we don't," he said.

(taken from fox news, witch I do not have a problem with, they seem fair and balenced to me)

Carlisle
3rd December 2008, 9:26 PM
Guys! I have a question. If you found out one of your friends was an (iforgetphilie) but likes to have people see him naked, would they still be your friends?
Uhm, maybe. Some people don't mind showing their body...so, it'd just depend on how they went about.

Pikawho?
3rd December 2008, 10:52 PM
That's kinda a random question, don't you think? And yeah, I guess I'd still be their friend...Depends how extreme they went about it. lol

Pokelover33
3rd December 2008, 11:16 PM
I never was planning on not being his friend anymore, I just wanted to see what you guys would do. Also, yeah, it was kinda random, but when you get something like that told to you, that your friend is a...what ever it's called...you tend to be random.

Chelc
4th December 2008, 1:45 AM
lol, wow. Well, I'm with Pikawho on this. As long as your friend is not extreme about it, and doesn't show you in particular...I think it's fine. :<

Jun.In.A.Rush
4th December 2008, 3:18 AM
Hiyaz!
Back from Thailand, almost got stranded. Thank God I was able to fly out of Chiang Mai.

Hmm. I have another question.
Haruhiism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya#Cultural_impact) . If you know what it is, bascially it's kinda of a massive fanclub for Haruhi Suzumiya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruhi_Suzumiya)

But, in my job as a social worker, I see increasing cases of people, especially High school students committing suicide in the belief that they can get to see Haruhi in another dimension. Another set of fans regard her as the New Age God. Personally, I feel that Haruhi has many positive points, e.g her positive outlook on life, having a purpose in life, etc. that all can learn, but this cult, as I see it, is getting dangerous. Do you have any ideas on how I can help them, short of taking a Bible and throwing it at them, ala Kyou Fujibayashi's dictonary toss?

Pikawho?
4th December 2008, 3:45 AM
Are you serious?! People formed a cult off of that?! That's retarded...I didn't even think it was that great. :/

Wow...I guess all we can do is pray for them or try to show them reality or pray that someone will show them reality...Not much else to say....lol

Xtra
4th December 2008, 9:20 PM
Hiyaz!
Hmm. I have another question.
Haruhiism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya#Cultural_impact) . If you know what it is, bascially it's kinda of a massive fanclub for Haruhi Suzumiya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruhi_Suzumiya)

But, in my job as a social worker, I see increasing cases of people, especially High school students committing suicide in the belief that they can get to see Haruhi in another dimension. Another set of fans regard her as the New Age God. Personally, I feel that Haruhi has many positive points, e.g her positive outlook on life, having a purpose in life, etc. that all can learn, but this cult, as I see it, is getting dangerous. Do you have any ideas on how I can help them, short of taking a Bible and throwing it at them, ala Kyou Fujibayashi's dictonary toss?

That's worce than the Jedi religion.

shiny meta
5th December 2008, 12:43 AM
Hey guys i would like to join this club

Xtra
5th December 2008, 9:07 PM
You're in as soon as you post here. So welcome.

Chelc
5th December 2008, 9:12 PM
...I had no idea people too Haruhiism seriously. I mean, I love the series myself (SEASON 2 NAO PLOX >O), but she's a fictional character...that's really just...sad. I'll pray for them, lol.

Welcome [unofficially], shiny meta! :] It's nice to have you here.

Pikawho?
5th December 2008, 10:42 PM
Welcome meta! As said, you're pretty much in when you post! =D

And just a note to everyone, watch the one-liners. Not all of you do it, but still. It's a rule and needs to be followed.(not trying to mini-mod)

Woot. I take the SAT tomorrow. I've done pretty much everything in my power to get ready. I'd just like to ask you guys to pray that I'll get the rest I need and will remember the things I need to. Thanks.

I feel like a terd for asking, but meh. :P

SUPERSAIYANALEX
6th December 2008, 12:17 AM
we shouldnt have to move on, i mean look at the amish people, they do just fine with out the gay technology.

Shadow-saur
6th December 2008, 12:49 AM
we shouldnt have to move on, i mean look at the amish people, they do just fine with out the gay technology.

...? where did this come from?

anyways, could you guys also pray for me? I've been sick for almost a year and a half now. i had to drop out of university and everything. and my doctor's got me on so many meds i can barely keep track of them all. anyways your prayers would be appreciated. thanks :)

Pikawho?
6th December 2008, 1:10 AM
^I'll be praying. That sucks. Is it some sort of chronic illness or what?

And yeah, that was really random. What did that have to do with anything, supersaiyanalex?

Shadow-saur
6th December 2008, 1:53 AM
yeah. chronic and painful :(

i'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but i'm pretty used to the pain now. i'd still like it to go away tho. i need to finish school.

Pokelover33
6th December 2008, 2:02 AM
^Your in my prayars

Well, I have a plain of sorts for something. You see, this girl, who I once liked (I was an idot, and still am but =<.<=) I found out worshiped the devil (I think I said something before) asked me what God did for me, or how God was treating me, and next time, I think that I'll litteraly flip out on her, and start to compleatly explane the bible, and well...can you guys pray for me?

chosen_one386
6th December 2008, 3:22 AM
Well, I missed three days of school this week because I was sick. First time in three years I've missed school because of sickness.

shiny meta
6th December 2008, 4:15 AM
Thanks guys for the nice welcome, I hope i can help answer some of the questions that get asked.

To pokelover my advice would be to try to relate to her, i don't mean worship the devil or anything but find out what made her do it and try to show her how worshipping God is so much better. But no matter what you do i'll pray for you and hope you get the Truth through to her.

Also Shadow-saur you'll be in my prayers too. Hope you make a full recovery and the doctors are shocked at your progress

Pokelover33
7th December 2008, 3:42 AM
Guys...I just don't know what to do at all. You see, I was doing a really bad sin, witch I've recently stopped doing. However my sister found out, and she dose know. I just don't know what to do. She said she will not tell. Oh goodness, what have I gotten myself into. I have a biulding lump in my throught, and I feel like I'm going to breakdown compleatly. I just don't know. right now I feel...not very christian. What makes it worse is i lied about doing this sin. I'm just confused, and young. I did not want to, but something made me. I mean, I feel so bad for myself. I know what I need now is being surrounded by more christians. Okay, now I am about to cry. I just don't know what to do. I'm so nieve, so dumb, so stupid. If she tells my grandparents, I feel they would disown me. I just don't know what to do. Please guys, help me. Pray for me, and just talk to me. I really need someone to talk to. I was thinking about talking to my teacher (she is really nice) about this, but i just could'nt. Now I regret it completley. I feel, so damned right now. Like I don't even deserve to live. I just don't know. The feeling of crying has passed now. I really just don't know. I'm leaning on God, and praying that he she will not tell. I asked God to forgive me. I just mean, my sisters friend knows, and says her brother dose it, but that dose not make me feel anybetter. It makes me feel worse. A lot worse. I don't wanna be like him. I am just the biggest fool right now, who feels that, as of right now, an outcast. I just lurned that she knew, and I was on the internet. I am now barracaed in my room, just typing this. All I know is that she said she would not tell. I just don't know why this is happening now. I gave up that lifestyle...a week ago today. I just really need your prayres, and your advice. Please, I know that I am a dumbas* for doing this is the firstplace, but I have tryed to stop and it's just gotten worse. I feel no need to go back to that lifestyle. So yeah.

Shadow-saur
7th December 2008, 3:50 AM
first of all, don't beat yourself up, because self-hatred can lead to all sorts of mental and even physical problems (trust me, i know). if you've asked God for forgiveness, then he's forgiven you. I know it doesn't feel that simple but the important thing right now is to just trust. if you have any nice christian music, i always find that soothing. i hope this helps, if only just a little.

Chelc
7th December 2008, 5:00 AM
Pokelover33, if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. :[ *hugs* Like Shadow-saur said, if you ask for forgiveness, God will forgive you. You need to be strong and have the willpower to stop yourself from doing whatever it is - as well as calm down and not beat yourself up over this. Don't be ashamed, you're only human - we all make mistakes. We can't be perfect. Things will be okay. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Pikawho?
7th December 2008, 5:36 AM
We've all screwed up in many ways. It's nothing God can't forgive, right? Anyways, stop hating yourself and rest in the love and grace God has to offer. =D

SWEETCHERRYB
10th December 2008, 4:09 AM
listen, it is not him that we should look at but he is cursed by his fore father levi. it is like having 2 sides to every story. i just dont think he understands why his anger breaks loose like that. the generational curse of levi and his sons is taking over him,it starts out ok untill the reason why is given a rude remark. as you know levi and his sons have always had anger problems due to his lineage. i ask you all if you can help him be able to claim victory over that curse.his sig was what got him banned.

Xtra
10th December 2008, 5:59 PM
I have two related prayer requests.

Sword (his username on Neopets is swordpiont), a friend of mine, has told me that she grew up with Christianity, but walked away. Now she considers herself a spiritualist/wiccan. Here's how our latest conversation went-

Me:I know that you're led to exactly where you're supposed to be. I can't explain more than that without getting into religion.

Sword:I know what you mean. As an astrologer I am familiar with the spiritual aspects of one*s life. I should go back to it, for I did find a psychologist who uses astrology in their practice. Something else was looking into, but need to practice it.

Me:I was actually referring to Christianity.

Sword:Well I did grow up with it but left it. I could not deal with the hypocrisy of it, and just because someone goes to school they know more than me. I have become more of a spiritualist/wiccan. I see things from a much wider view, not so narrow with one religion.

Me:So you don't believe in Christ or anything else about it anymore?

Sword: I see that spirit has sent "fragment" to help us. christ, buddha, mahammed, guhdi, mother thearse, the big kahuna, etc, are all a part of the same entity. They are there to touch each and everyone as is needed. For me to believe is to accept without knowing why. So it is your place and connection that is made on a personal level is more important. That is what I see in this new age.

Me:Well, I'm going to move off the subject before we get suspended or frozen. But I will be praying for you

Sword: Ok any time we can talk more elsewhere would be open to do so. And don*t worry to much, I feel I know Spirit.

So can you pray that she gets led back to Christ?

She is interested in talking more off of Neopets, so I feel that I'm supposed to be part of this. So can you also pray that I do things correctly?

Pokelover33
10th December 2008, 9:34 PM
I'm back, and a lot less stresed. She told my grandmother, but I am yet to be asked about it. But I'd rather not talk about that.

I've been comunicating with a baptist pastor (Pastor Mike) for some time. I have his e-mail from a website (the churches website) and he wants to meet with me so we can have an open air convo insted of over e-mail. I don't know what to do, though. Any ideas?

dkc46
11th December 2008, 1:30 AM
wow i completely forgot that i joined this. Anyways, Xtra, i have you and your friend in my prayers and i know how you feel, my friend is a believer in the whole wikkan thing. I just accept her and love her because i don't want to force my beliefs on her. I just want her to see that christianity isn't all about going to church and all that jazz but that its about loving people. Just try to show that to her and maybe she'll see the light.

Pokelover33 i'm not really sure what to do in your situation. if you know this guy or feel you have a a strong relationship with him then i guess you could meet with him in person but if you dont feel that way then dont meet with him.

Pikawho?
11th December 2008, 3:23 AM
Xtra, I'll definately be praying. It's great that you've been talking with her.

Pokelover, I really don't know what to do. Go with your gut feeling. =/

Pachirisu
11th December 2008, 3:48 AM
Well, i'm sorry for being in-active. I have been extremely busy. So again i'm sorry for that. On another note, Pokelover33, I know what your going through. I know how you feel. I will be praying for you. If you need some one to talk to, i'm here for you man. You were there for me, and if you need anything, I will be here for you.

jesuslovesme
11th December 2008, 9:44 PM
as for the whole deal about satanists they don't actually worship satan more so the name satanist is meant to pick at christains and by hating on them were only verifying their belief that we as christains are hypocrits hate the sin not the sinner and pray for the god willheal them (ED)

1 corinthians 16:14 "do everything in love"

prayer requests,
my debate class is about 90% lost 10% saved

jesuslovesme
11th December 2008, 9:48 PM
oh yeah my i join please

1 corinthians 16:14 "do everything in love"

like this okay thx good to know

Chelc
11th December 2008, 10:09 PM
jesuslovesme, please don't double post - use the edit button on your previous post instead.

Xtra, that's great that you've been talking to her. I hope she turns around for the better. I'll be praying 4sure. :]

~follow your heart~, Pokelover33. I mean, if you've been keeping in contact with him over e-mails, imagine the conversations you could have irl. Maybe go out to eat or something, and then show him around your church...? That could be something to do.

Raro
11th December 2008, 11:50 PM
Hey, can I join? I was part of the old one but I don't think that they added me onto the front page and I'd really like to be a part of it again.
I may not active sometimes though and may just pop in from time to time whenever I'm on Serebii; answering some questions and things coz I'm usually busy with school.

Xtra, I'll be praying aswell :)

Pokelover33
12th December 2008, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the advice.

I have a prayer request; not for me though.
I'm sure that we have all heard the story of Caylee Anthony, well, they found remains in a garbage bag. They don't know if they are her's, but they are going to be sending them to...well I don't know were...but to test to see if they are hers. Pray that they are not.

Also, another prayer request, they are trying to stop giving my great-grandfather blood. He's still alive and coherent, and we don't want them to. Pray that God dose what needs to be done. Thanks =^_^=

Also, Xtra I'm praying.

Raro
12th December 2008, 1:38 AM
I'll be praying Xtra, I hope your Great Grandfather is ok.

starliteevee
12th December 2008, 3:10 AM
That's so sad, Xtra. I really don't like it when people think things like that, just accepting without thinking or really caring. I'll be praying for you and for her and think of her when I say the Rosary tonight. Sorry I haven't been here in a while, been kinda busy. Also, I have something to ask.

Proverbs 26: Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself.

What do you guys think this means? Also, I said I wanted to re-join, but my names not on the list.

Shadow-saur
12th December 2008, 3:12 AM
Proverbs 26: Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself.

Don't get into stupid arguments. It only proves you're just as foolish.

chosen_one386
13th December 2008, 4:52 AM
I agree with Shadow. It's like the saying goes: I would get into a brain fight with you, but I don't fight those who are unarmed.

Okay, that was retarded. I can't really remember the right saying! >_<

.Wind.
13th December 2008, 5:13 AM
I'd like to rejoin this club but, under my new name .wind.
I left the old one because of all of the debating that was going on.

Pikawho?
13th December 2008, 5:39 AM
Welcome(back). Answer any of the current topics or make your own!

Well, I don't really know exactly what the Proverb is trying to get at, but literally translated it pretty much means not to start/continue a foolish argument with a fool, cause then you're no different than him.

Proverbs has much to say about fools and foolishness so it's probably another verse on that....

.Wind.
13th December 2008, 4:10 PM
Yeah, just like what Shadow Saur said I think it means by getting into stupid arguements then you look foolish...at least I think thats what it means.

TheCookieCutter
13th December 2008, 7:43 PM
Hey there. I would like to join the CA. I have been a catholic (form of christianity) all my life.

chosen_one386
13th December 2008, 10:52 PM
Wow, this is the second club you've joined that I'm in, Cookie Cutter. 0_o

Anyway, exams are coming up next week! EEK!

TheCookieCutter
13th December 2008, 11:00 PM
Eheheh...

You should change your location from "wherever Kirio is" to "wherever TCC is".

Pachirisu
14th December 2008, 4:54 AM
Hey guys. Well I need prayer on something. I have decided on what I want to be, what I want to do. After watching a man burn alive, and seeing my best friend get stabbed to death, with me sitting there, knowing I could do nothing, something triggered inside of me. I wanted to be able to protect people, that's why I have decided to become a bodyguard. I have already signed with an agency. I'm 19 years old, (and soon I will be 20) and I already have three years of college education. I don't care, if i'm not appreciated, knowing that i'm protecting people is enough for me. I still haven't told my parents yet. That's what I need prayer on. I'm not sure how to tell them this. I only hope they support my decision. Because they wanted me to be a preacher, like my dad is, but that isn't who I am. I'm not good at standing up and talking infront of a crowd of people. So if you don't mind, could you pray for me? I'm just not sure how to tell them this.

.Wind.
14th December 2008, 9:28 PM
1. Welcome The Cookie Cutter

2. Yeah, I need to be in prayer for finals

3. Pachirisu...I'll be in prayer for you also alot people say I should be a youth minister and though I MAY that isn't my main goal, but people do know that I want to be a songwriter...but I still understand what your going through...at least I think I do.

Raro
14th December 2008, 10:52 PM
Welcome Cookie Cutter :)

Good luck with you exams Chosen One, I hope you do well :)

I'll be praying Pacharisu; good luck with your career ahead of you and I hope that your parents accept your decision.

TheCookieCutter
14th December 2008, 11:53 PM
I'll keep you in my prayers Pachirisu. I hope your future will be bright. God Bless.

Pachirisu
15th December 2008, 12:16 AM
Hey guys. Well thanks to all of those who prayed. Anyways, we had an argument about it for a little bit, but they do support my decision. I understand they are probably worried about me, but this is something i'm going to do. Again, thanks to everyone who prayed.

Xtra
15th December 2008, 3:38 PM
Good luck in your chosen carrer, and I pray that you do the work God wants you to do. Who knows, the person you protect and take a bullet for could one day lead thousands to Christ.

Pokelover33
15th December 2008, 10:01 PM
Brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank you all for your prayers. Alas the end came for my Great Grandfather today around 2:30. I saw him before, and he was rasppy, and I could not stand to be in with him. I don't need prayers but my Great Grandmother (Meme) and my other family, I'll be okay.

In Christ,
Yash

starliteevee
15th December 2008, 11:36 PM
Pokelover...I'm so sorry. Don't feel too bad, you're Great-Grandfather lived a full life, whereas my brother only got to 24. I hopte you will be alright, and I will still pray for you even though you don't ask for any.

Pachirisu, that's really great, and I will pray for you and hope you will excel in what you choose to do. That's really great that you're doing that, and I'm happy for you (except that you had to see someone get burned alive).

I don't really need any prayers, but put up yours and will include them in mine.

EDIT: Also good luck with your Exams Chosen One, I'll pray for you too.

Pachirisu
16th December 2008, 12:09 AM
Pokelover33, i'm so sorry to hear that. Just know that he is in a better place now. With no more pain, and no more suffering. I will be praying for your family.

chosen_one386
16th December 2008, 12:15 AM
Pokelover33, I'll be praying for your great-grandmother. She needs comfort during these times and only God can give her full comfort.

Pachirisu, I'm glad that you've found your calling. God's leading you in the direction he sees fit and I know that you will serve him in your job.

crobatman
16th December 2008, 4:48 PM
Alrighty! I am here to join the revised club again. I am sorry for waiting so long. I was studying for finals. Then, after finals were over, I started over my emerald version. I found out it is one of my favorite pokemon games. I was also busy with work and church.

Oh yeah, Pachirisu, have you given thought to Law enforcement? I bet you could be a good cop.

Metagross Guy
16th December 2008, 5:04 PM
what is this club about?

Metagross Guy
16th December 2008, 5:06 PM
what is this club about?

crobatman
16th December 2008, 5:23 PM
Did you not read the first page or see what the title is called? I think you can see what this club is about. I will tell you anyway: Christianity! :) Just general christian topics.
We talk about anything from the christian point-of-view.

I am sorry for giving a smart answer like that.

Pokelover33
16th December 2008, 7:31 PM
TOPIC!
How old do you think the earth is?
Could be billions of years old. God dose not make things in chaos, witch the hebrew tranclatons of form and void are. But lets look at a short three letter word "Was" in hebrew means -forgets- but is tranclated into Was and Became. So the Earth Became without form and void. So something between First God made heaven & earth 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters.
vurse one and two happened. We can only ponder, but I think it's the Devils rebellion. The earth becomes without form. We don't know how long God did not repare the earth. So it could be billions of years.

jesuslovesme
16th December 2008, 8:47 PM
thats aweful i'll pray for her
about 4,000-8,000 years old at least thats when i believe god said let there be light anywaybeyond that i have no idea

crobatman
16th December 2008, 8:53 PM
How old do you think the earth is?

I believe the earth is less than 10,000 years old. I used to believe the earth was much older until I started researching what the bible says. I knew that everything was created in 6 days according to the bible, and I was taught that the universe is billions of years old. One of these teachings must be wrong. I never really thought about it until the end of high school. I wish I was more informed in school.

I have been giving some thought on my future career. I am trying to do a biology degree right now, but I am considering in stead of being a scientist to be a youth pastor. I once thought of using science activities to do some ministry as object lessons, and creation/evolution talks. I know that God wants me to teach, but I am having trouble figuring out the way to do it. I guess I just need a little prayer for some guidance.

jesuslovesme
16th December 2008, 9:10 PM
I agree with Shadow. It's like the saying goes: I would get into a brain fight with you, but I don't fight those who are unarmed.

yeah i agree with you you shouldn't argue useless arguments butdon't call them stupid thats not very christain at all take it from a kid in debate it's not worth it

jesuslovesme
16th December 2008, 9:12 PM

just because it's a pointless argument doesn't mean you should insult them by saying it's stupid don't argue back yeah i'll agree with that but don't be rude think about that will achieve

my bad double posted ED

jesuslovesme
16th December 2008, 9:17 PM
wow that's a mouthful well all i can say is if that's what god's telling you to do go for it you bet i'll pray for you

how do i delete my extra posts?

Pachirisu
17th December 2008, 1:16 AM
Hey guys.

crobatman: Yes, I actually have thought of Law Enforcement. Alot, but I decided to give this a try first. I already signed a two year contract, so if I like this enough, I can sign an even bigger one. I only want to be used by God, I want to help protect others. I just really can't explain the feeling I get, when I know I've done something to help some one. I just want God to use me, in whatever I do.

jesuslovesme: Click the Edit button at the bottem of your post, and then click the delete button.

starliteevee
17th December 2008, 3:45 AM
How old do you think the Earth is?

I have learned that God had made the Earth in six days and six nights, but I've also learned from science that the Earth was made very slowly and it was billions of years ago. What I think is that a day to God is not equal as a day to us. A day to him could be a century or a millenium, or maybe when they said days they didn't mean 24 hour days, they could've meant many years. So, I'm guessing the Earth is around maybe 6,000,000,000 years old.

And I will pray for guys Crobatman and Pachirisu, I'm just kinda stressed these past few days because my teachers are pressuring us and I feel like I'm breaking down and not living up to be the servant that God has called me to be. But I don't even know what that is yet.

Pikawho?
17th December 2008, 4:15 AM
Hey, guys. Just posting to say that I'm not dead. lol

Anyways, welcome back, crobatman. I wondered where you went. I guess it never clicked that you'd have finals. lol

That's awesome that God's calling you to be in Law Enforcement, pach. =D

I believe that the earth(like cm) is somewhere under 10,000 years. God made it in 6 days and we've got at least 4,000 years recorded in the Bible(?) so it's definately under 10,000.

Starlighteevee, although it's possible that a day to God could be longer than our days, we can never really know for sure. Also, science isn't completely true and is prone to be found false. God is always true. Wouldn't you rather trust God? Just something for you to think about: If you believe that God is "All-powerful", don't you think that He could've made the earth in 6 days and not centuries? Just saying....

Pachirisu
17th December 2008, 4:23 AM
Hey, guys. Just posting to say that I'm not dead. lol

Anyways, welcome back, crobatman. I wondered where you went. I guess it never clicked that you'd have finals. lol

That's awesome that God's calling you to be in Law Enforcement, pach. =D

I believe that the earth(like cm) is somewhere under 10,000 years. God made it in 6 days and we've got at least 4,000 years recorded in the Bible(?) so it's definately under 10,000.

Starlighteevee, although it's possible that a day to God could be longer than our days, we can never really know for sure. Also, science isn't completely true and is prone to be found false. God is always true. Wouldn't you rather trust God? Just something for you to think about: If you believe that God is "All-powerful", don't you think that He could've made the earth in 6 days and not centuries? Just saying....

It also says in the Bible, that the sun went down and that was the end of the first day, or something like that. However there was the Inter-testamental period which is a 400-year period of "silence" between the last events recorded in the last Old Testament book, Malachi, and the first book of the New Testament, Matthew.

crobatman
17th December 2008, 5:49 AM
What I think is that a day to God is not equal as a day to us. A day to him could be a century or a millenium, or maybe when they said days they didn't mean 24 hour days, they could've meant many years. So, I'm guessing the Earth is around maybe 6,000,000,000 years old.

There is a verse in the bible that mentions that. I'll find it.

2 Peter 3:8-9
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.’
Does this mean that the days of creation are longer?
One needs to read this verse in context or they will get a misunderstanding from it. This verse has nothing to do with the days of creation, but it is about the return of our Lord.
It is basically saying, God seems slow at fulfilling his promise, but he is patient and not bound by time.

jesuslovesme
17th December 2008, 9:07 PM
in some of the earlier chapters of genesis people would live well into their six hundreds but in the latter half they only lived for about 100 or so years i don't remeber exactully where but at some point god said " my spirit will con contend with man for he is mortal his days will be numberded to 120 " so given we're 2008 ad how many years before jesus died is the key factor to how old the earth

and by the way could someone please answer my question about how to delete my accidental extra posts or is it not possible

Pikawho?
18th December 2008, 4:41 AM
There is a verse in the bible that mentions that. I'll find it.

2 Peter 3:8-9
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.’
Does this mean that the days of creation are longer?
One needs to read this verse in context or they will get a misunderstanding from it. This verse has nothing to do with the days of creation, but it is about the return of our Lord.
It is basically saying, God seems slow at fulfilling his promise, but he is patient and not bound by time.

I could be wrong, but I think it's saying that God won't forget the promises He makes since they'll seem like He only made them yesterday. But who really knows for sure....My head hurts too much to think about it. lol

And you delete posts by clicking the edit button on your post then you find the "delete" option. It's not that hard....>.> I believe someone answered that for you already....

Carlisle
18th December 2008, 5:00 AM
How old is the earth?

At least billions. You can't deny scientific fact. :/

Munchy_Lax
18th December 2008, 6:35 AM
How old is the earth?

We do not know for a fact that it is billions of years old. As for how old the earth is, I believe that only God knows this answer. We may never know the answer to that until we get to Heaven.

Anyways, I would like to join this club. I am a Christian and have been since I was 3. My parents are missionaries in Japan, but we are going back to America next year.

Kal-El
18th December 2008, 11:20 AM
How old is the earth?

We can't deny a "fact" perceived by humans?

I'm all for gravity and theories of physics, but science is just as flawed as the humans who create the "laws" and "facts".

Carlisle
18th December 2008, 1:18 PM

I'm all for gravity and theories of physics, but science is just as flawed as the humans who create the "laws" and "facts".
But I would believe these scientists know what they are talking about. If they can learn information about black holes, parallel universes, the climate of other planets, dinosaurs, gravity, etc. I think they could figure something simple as the earth's age. Besides, 10,000 years can be proven false with some simple artificats dating past 10,000 years, as well as tribes. It seems impossible that everything the earth has gone through could possible happen in such a short time span. I'm obviously for God creating everything, XD, but I just think it's unreasonable to think that the earth could be 10,000 years old.

Shadow-saur
18th December 2008, 1:23 PM

God gave us minds to think. And curiosity to discover. Maybe in the grand scheme of things our theories are flawed, but aside from the Bible they're all we have to go on for now.

crobatman
18th December 2008, 4:57 PM
God gave us minds to think. And curiosity to discover. Maybe in the grand scheme of things our theories are flawed, but aside from the Bible they're all we have to go on for now.

Amen. We sometimes do not say what we mean by "evidence" and "science."
Evidence really does not speak for itself, it is interpreted by a person. People base their interpretation on their point-of-view.
There are different types of science also. For example, we can observe some things happening, but we can not observe how some things originated. How are we supposed to test the origins of life, when were not there?

I'll just stick to believing the one who was there from the beginning.

Munchy Lax, welcome to the club! My parents are missionaries also.

jesuslovesme
18th December 2008, 5:30 PM
How old is the earth?

this "scientific fact" is really only evolutionists trying to push out god from everything they also say that we evolved from monkeys or that the universe was made saying origionally there was nothing it exploded and poof there it is we where made so please think carfully about what's scientificfact and evolutionist theories being pushed a fallous truths

[QUOTE=Carlise;9166222][size=1]

But I would believe these scientists know what they are talking about. If they can learn information about black holes, parallel universes, the climate of other planets, dinosaurs, gravity, etc. I think they could figure something simple as the earth's age. Besides, 10,000 years can be proven false with some simple artificats dating past 10,000 years, as well as tribes. It seems impossible that everything the earth has gone through could possible happen in such a short time span. I'm obviously for God creating everything, XD, but I just think it's unreasonable to think that the earth could be 10,000 years old.

once again this is all speculation and not proven in fact pushing this idea is contridictory to basic scientific principles, and besides if you do in fact believe that god did create the universe and you believe the bible common sense would dictate your wrong, think about it onehundred years ago where we? no not even that long what just ten years ago then all we had where gbas now we have dsis simply put if we where realy that old we would have much more advanced than we are now

Xtra
18th December 2008, 9:13 PM
Here's my first conversation with Sword. And just to correct an error I made, Sword is a him, not a her.

I thought posting it here may help you see where I'm at with this, as well as giving the chance to have anyone here with more expirience help me with my technique.

Me:josh_bisbee
Sword:catusneedle

catusneedle: Hi Josh, whats up.

josh_bisbee: Not much. I just thought we could talk more about what we started last week

catusneedle: Ok... aaa what was it. That was last

josh_bisbee: I mentioned that I was a christian, and you were a spiritralist/wiccan. We started a minor debate before ending it to avoid being frozen

catusneedle: Ok I have no problem. Oh well hell froze over, again. We got snow here in the the LV valley. It is the third time in the last 25 years we have been here.

josh_bisbee: LOL. So, if I remember right, you turned away from the faith because of hyporcrites. Care to elaborate on that?

catusneedle: I have seen the hypocrites in religion where by it is about control the most amount of people and do not follow their own belief system. Religion is to me all about control of the masses. Look at history. In the roman times you had to worship the "gods" and the emperor. Those that don't died. Today it is similar. The radical Muslims are killing people because you believe in what they do. The different christian religion have persecuted people for not believing what they do. They have committed murder in their name and sanctioned by the religious leaders. To me that is not right. I know most of the "christians" like to point to the bible. But the bible was written 6000 to 2000 years ago and edited by man. I just

josh_bisbee: The bible was written a long time ago, but it's also the word of God and inspired by God. A lot of the Bible is still relevant today. Also, those people that kill in the name of Christ today aren't true Christians, because Christ commands us to love one another.

josh_bisbee: Long message?

catusneedle: The bible was written in the age of Taurus (old testament up to Exodus at 6000 years ago), age of Aries (old testament at/after Exodus at 4000 years ago) and age of Pisces ( the new testament at 2000 years ago). It is how to live in those era I will agree to for the practices do not apply to the age of Aquarius. We are not a nomadic or a heavily agricultural society. It is the first time in 6000 years we have the age for the person not the animal. It is the age of "I know". It is a higher level of learning that one must "know" their place with Spirit. All spiritual books are good for the development of one's own spiritual development. But the Bible is a heavily edited book. It is the word of God, why are the

catusneedle: Yeah I can write some long messages from here..

josh_bisbee: Why are the what?

catusneedle: I don't understand "why the what?"

josh_bisbee: Your last message cut off. At the end, I see "It is the word of God, why are the" and cuts off there.

catusneedle: It
is the word of God, why are the other apostiles deleted from the book
and, letters from Paul are in that have nothing to do with God but to
help the early christians. What ever inspriational book helps you, it
is good for you at this time in your life.

josh_bisbee: The Apostles spent years deciding which books will be placed in the Bible, and had some divine help from the Lord when deciding. Also, the letters that help the early Christians are also helpful to people who have just found Christ and likely have questions. The letters are just as helpful to Christians today as they were back then.

catusneedle: The Apostiles had nothing to do with the Bible. It was put together 500 years after Christ death. It was put together by the bishop of Rome and Constantople. To me all books, Bible, Koran, Confussous, and other spiritual books are good for some one to help your spirit out.

josh_bisbee: But each of those books are ratically different from and contradict one another. You can't pick and choose whioch truth you believe. The bible says that if you keep the entire law but break one part, you are guilty of all.

josh_bisbee: Also, you say that the bible is heavily edited. If it was heavily edited, then why are the Dead Sea Scrolls so close to the versions we have today?

catusneedle: What do you mean they are different? Yeah they were by different people, but the fundamentals of one's connection to spirit is the same. They all are about to live your life to the best and know that you are responsible to others. This idea that only one is true to me is false for everyone is different.

catusneedle: I have not been able to read any of the Dead Sea Scrolls. They do impress me and would like to see what they have to say for that time period. From what I understand, the scrolls have not been translated and they do not have the complete set.

josh_bisbee: But Christianity is different from other religions in the fact that it's not a religin at all. It's all about having a personal relationship with Jesus, and having him be the king of your life and actions. Their sins are forgiven and they get their ticket into heaven.

josh_bisbee: Also, no "god" exceot Jesus has come down to live as a man.

josh_bisbee: The Dead Sea Scrolls have not been fully translated yet, but about half of what was found so far has been translated and even published.

catusneedle: But it is a religion. It is run by man to control man. That is why there are so many different ones. Yes it is all about punching some ticket to get to nervana. The concept that you get one chance for a venfile god just is not right to me. My growth has taken be to a more spiritual growth and to us the tools.

catusneedle: I have seen that the scrolls are out on cd and will have to get them to see what they have to say. I will admit, I am interested in what it has to say.

josh_bisbee: Christianity does not give you just one chance. They give you one way, sure, but even true Christians slip up once in a while, since we were all born of flesh. But God, in his infinate love, is ready to forgive us and take us back if we repent and turn back to him.

catusneedle: But that is premise do most theology. That God is not vengeful but is forgiving. In other ideology there is room for spiritual and developmental growth. This idea of one chance or you get eternal damnation just is not in my spiritual development. I choose to follow that Spirit wants us to grow and be responsible. There appears to be so little of that. I also choose to see and communicate with Spirit as it is to my life. I do not need some one who has gone to school to tell me.

catusneedle: Say when do you need to go to work today?

josh_bisbee: God has nothing against growing and being responsible. And you don't need someone who gone to school, since we have tnhe Word of God. But that person can also make some confusing passages make more sense. And church is a way to grow with other Christians in your faith and learn more about Christ.

josh_bisbee: And I need to start getting ready in a couple of hours, but I also want to get some clothes washed.

catusneedle: I find that the best way is in discussions like this. It just seems that those that are "fundamental" think that they can do what they want, as long as they repent. And then go do it again and again. They talk about love but hate those that they choose to be evil and let evil in because it is convenent for them. I just do not get it.

catusneedle: Well I will let you have the last word. I too need to get things ready and start my day.

josh_bisbee: That's not the way Christ wants us to be. He wants us to turn from sin, love those even that do evil, and to not let evil in our lives. basically, he wants us to love the sinner and hate the sin. We can talk more about this some other time. See you.

chosen_one386
18th December 2008, 9:48 PM
yeah i agree with you you shouldn't argue useless arguments butdon't call them stupid thats not very christain at all take it from a kid in debate it's not worth it

I know. In the end, it's not worth anyone's time to get into useless arguements.

As for the topic about the earth's age, I believe that time is a human thought process. A day to God could be a thousand years or so.

I learned something very interesting in physics a few weeks ago. The second law of thermodynamics states that all natural processes tend to travel toward the increase of the total entropy (disorder) of the universe. This totally disproves evolution, which states things went from disorder to order, and proves creationism, which states things went from order to disorder. Intresting, no? :)

.Wind.
19th December 2008, 12:48 AM
Could ya'll pray for me? I have been in a confused state?

The reason I won't join in on the conversation about the WEareth's age is because I don't really see why we need to argue about the Earth's age when we know God created the Earth and Jesus will end it...So why is that a discussion?

.Wind.
19th December 2008, 12:48 AM
Could ya'll pray for me? I have been in a confused state?

The reason I won't join in on the conversation about the WEareth's age is because I don't really see why we need to argue about the Earth's age when we know God created the Earth and Jesus will end it...So why is that a discussion?

Kanto Trio
19th December 2008, 4:25 AM
Great news! I just found out that I have gotten accepted by two colleges (I should also find out if I have gotten accepted by two other colleges soon).

How old do you think the Earth is?
I believe that the Earth is 6000-10,000 years old and that the Earth was created in 6 days. After all, biblical truth cannot be denied. I also believe that each of the six days is a literal 24 hour day.

You know, yesterday my teacher mentioned that next year the Smithsonian Institution will have an exhibition on Darwin in order to celebrate his 200th birthday and that she could take us there for a field trip. I was shocked that I was the only one to not indicate any interest in going. Even the people in the room that were Christians indicated that they wanted to go.

Edit: I am just wondering how many people have visited Creation Ministries International (http://creationontheweb.com/)?

Pikawho?
19th December 2008, 5:46 AM
Wind, I'll be praying.

We're discussing it just to see what everyone thinks. It hasn't become hateful so I see no reason to drop it just yet. =/

Crobatman pretty much said what I wanted to say but I wanted to add some stuff(maybe even repeat some stuff...).

You can't believe something just because it's "scientific fact". As said before, the "facts" come from man and we all know that man isn't perfect. Carbon dating(or whatever they used to date the earth) can't be trusted simply because it was set up by man. It can't really be proven to be 100&#37; accurate. You can't trust science as the final authority. God is perfect. Trust Him and His word as the final authority. He can be trusted.

Chosen_one, yeah, I remembered hearing the same thing last year. Thanks for bringing it up. I don't think it really helps the topic, though, since we're talking about how old the earth is, not Evolution vs. Creation.

Xtra, again, keep up the conversations. I don't really have anything to say about the one you posted. I think you handled everything alright. I'll be praying about it.

Kanto, tbh, I'd actually be interested in going, just to understand where these people come from. But it's still good that you kinda stood up for not going.

I'll check out the link later. The name rings a bell, so I'm sure I've heard of it, but I haven't been there.

jesuslovesme
19th December 2008, 7:38 PM
i need prayer now more than i ever have i might loose 2 classes worth of credits ironically today the last day before christmas break is when they tell me about it i'm so tempted to hate right now and... i don't know please pray for me i really need it

chosen_one386
19th December 2008, 9:20 PM
i need prayer now more than i ever have i might loose 2 classes worth of credits ironically today the last day before christmas break is when they tell me about it i'm so tempted to hate right now and... i don't know please pray for me i really need it

I'll be praying for you! I can't believe you're losing all those credits. Why? :( It must be frustrating...

Carlisle
19th December 2008, 10:02 PM
Well, I'm not going to argue this anymore. Just because something has been handled by man doesn't mean to me it has to have imperfections. You can't throw out fossil records, fossilization, soil testing, etc. just because "man" has done it. "Man" has been in charge, and man has been handling the Bible. We don't know how things have just been changed. You've just got to shoot and go with what you know at the moment and have. Just because society has been evolving rapidly lately and not before, is an idiotic excuse as to why something is false. And besides, does it ever say in the Bible that God's time is the same as our conception of time?

UH, NO!

Words are just meaning! We could easily define an hour as "5,000 minutes" and is it wrong? Uh, no. It's just a new meaning.

Prayers for anyone who needs them...and also, I'd say we should all be praying for all the people across the world who have been suffering. This past year has been horrible economically for many American people, and the last eight years have been horrible in general. Lets hope the new leadership coming in in 31 days can take the world in the right direction.

And think of this. Someone said "it can't be trusted" simply because it has been handled by man.

Your five year old sister is murdered. The same science by man shows who killed her, WHEN she was killed, and HOW she was killed. The fossilization of her bones is similar to the things used to test the fossils of the earth.
So should what the FBI uses to prove something be "not trusted" simply because it's a human being who is doing it? Guess we should throw out DNA and all other types of testing in court.

But I think we should all remember God is the big picture, not little details like this. They aren't important towards salvation.

Pikawho?
20th December 2008, 4:51 AM
All I'm going to say is that the stuff they used can't really be 100&#37; proven since we don't know how accurate it really is since no one was there all those years ago. And that bit about "your sister is murdered" that can easily be thrown out. It's a shorter period of time. The crap they say about bones and fossils are that they are billions of years old. Since no one was there billions of years ago, we can't be sure that "fossilization" is an accurate method.

I'm done. Like you said, we might as well drop it since it doesn't affect our salvation.

chosen_one386
20th December 2008, 5:42 PM
*notices tension in air*

um...Who likes pie!?

*silence*

Okay, how about another Proverb?

Proverbs 30:15

The leech has two daughters crying, "give, give!" There are three things that are never satisfied, four things never say "it is enough."

Brute Root
21st December 2008, 11:26 AM
Wow, it has been soooooo long since I was last here...I am actually surprised to still see my name on the member list....at any rate...

I have an issue: I have a college room mate who is atheist...but he used to be christian...does anyone know of some ways that I can help turn him back around? You know, back to Jesus?

crobatman
22nd December 2008, 10:16 PM
Jesus will convince him, if he is willing to listen. Many people are just choosing to be ignorant of the christ. I suggest you pray for him, and read proverb 3:5-6

chosen_one386
22nd December 2008, 10:24 PM
Please pray for one of the girls in my class. Her grandmother died last week, and she was very prominant in our community. She was a great loss to her church and our town. :(

Chaos Element: X
23rd December 2008, 4:01 AM
Wow, so I've been gone for the past 4-or-so weeks (Darn school and its research papers and projects)... Seems like I missed out on quite a bit...

I'll read up on that 'debate' later when I'm free... chosen_one386, is there a name of some sort that I can use? Speaking of which, a very good friend of mine - his grandfather died this past Wednesday. He suffered from Parkinson's disease, and had a heart-attack... Fortunately, he was a man of God. Pray for the family of Ince, if you may.

Kyogre Master
23rd December 2008, 4:48 AM
Wow...I haven't been here in forever. I'd like to re-join if that's ok. :)

Edit: I am just wondering how many people have visited Creation Ministries International?
I haven't been there, but I used to watch a show that I think is affiliated with them - Creation in the 21st Century on TBN. Very interesting stuff.

How about a Christmas related question?

Where/How did the word "Xmas" originate, and is it blasphemous?
From what I understand, the X comes from the word "Χριστος" (Christos) which is Christ in Greek, the language the New Testament is written in. I don't think it's blasphemous in any way.

What about you guys/gals?

Pikawho?
23rd December 2008, 8:06 PM
I'll be praying for the things that have been asked.

Where/how? idk. What you said probably....Blasphemous? No. Kinda demeaning, though, since you're replacing Christ with "x".

Shadow-saur
23rd December 2008, 8:15 PM

Where/how? idk. What you said probably....Blasphemous? No. Kinda demeaning, though, since you're replacing Christ with "x".

In modern-day useage, it's become a way for athiests and others to try and secularize the holiday. But it did originate in the Christian tradition.

In case I'm not on later... Merry Christmas everyone :)

Brute Root
24th December 2008, 6:22 AM
I heard (or I think I heard...I am pretty sure I did) That in Greek that "X" is also somewhat of a symbol for Christ....I dunno how...but I will ask my brother to make sure.

Pikawho?
25th December 2008, 3:09 PM
Well, I don't really have anything important to say...Merry Christmas everyone! =D

That's about it...I'll be back later with a verse for discussion.

MidnightStorm
25th December 2008, 3:39 PM
To everyone, I left you all some time ago, back in the old SPPF CA, and now have decided to return. My life went absolutely crazy for some time, but now things seem to be settling down and peace is coming back. So...will you take me back?

Also, Merry Christmas to everyone here. May we all recognize the TRUE meaning of Christmas and rejoice in our Savior. God bless you all

And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at His birth
-Luke 1:14

chosen_one386
25th December 2008, 9:23 PM
Welcome back, MidnightStorm! :)

Merry Christmas to all!

Xtra
26th December 2008, 4:59 AM
Great to see you back, MS. Merry Christmas to all

.Wind.
26th December 2008, 5:10 AM
I'm not sire if the X is Blasmiphous or demeaning I do know it is one or the other and I thionk it is used to replace the words christ...so I never say that nor Happy holidays (Except now)

Raro
26th December 2008, 6:41 AM
Sorry it's a bit late everybody but, Merry Christmas for yesterday!
I hope you had a wonderful day with your friends and family in the presence of Christ.

And I've been thinking about this because my sister brought up the topic a few days ago but.

Do YOU think that Non-Christians should celebrate Christmas?

Because Christmas is to celibrate the birth of Jesus Christ but now it has become more of a commercial thing and a public holiday and quite a lot of people don't know why we celebrate it in the first place...
But then some non-Christians (and Christians also) take it as a time of giving and spending some quality time with your family so that's ok isnt it? That's what my dad does... (he's not Christian but he comes to Church for Christmas and Easter mass every year and our parish priest is starting to get his hopes up that he'll get Baptised :) and my dad says that ther is one (or more) God/Gods and that different religions just interpret them/him/her in different ways)
But it's still not the actual reason for celbrating Christmas so I'm a bit confused... Is it right to Celebrate what has now become a Public holiday if you don't believe in the purpose or don't know what it is?

Thanks

Manaphy Mare
26th December 2008, 7:17 AM
Wow, I haven't been to this club in ages.... :o

I have a passage for us to discuss:

And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women. And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. For with God nothing shall be impossible.
And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.

Luke 1: 26-38

What do you think Mary was thinking?

Pikawho?
26th December 2008, 4:59 PM
Welcome back, midnight.

Do I think non-Christians should celebrate Christmas?

Sure. Why not. It's possible that they know what it's really about, but to them it's about giving/getting stuff amoungst themselves and their friends. I mean, they don't have an appreciation for it as we do, but that doesn't mean that we should exclude them from it. Really, I have no opinion on this so bleh. ;P

Manaphy, why do you want to know? I'm sure she was kinda scared(at first) and maybe a little bit afterwards when she heard that she'd conceive from the Holy Spirit. She knew that she get nasty looks from people so I'm sure she was nervous about it. =/

chosen_one386
27th December 2008, 7:02 PM
Part of me wants to be fickle and say that they should not, but there would be an outrage if non-Christians would be banned from celebrating Christmas. Deep down I think it's not right to celebrate a holiday that honors a religion you're not a part of. I don't celebrate Ramadan do I? No, and non-Christians shouldn't celebrate a Christian holiday.

Then again, the kind part of me says that they should be able to celebrate it as a time of being together with family. IDK what I really think in the end. I sometimes get outraged when I think about non-Christians celebrating Christmas. IDK why.

Pokelover33
27th December 2008, 7:37 PM
No, I don't think anyone should. it's Pegin, look at it history.

I think I'll be leaving Serebii (Other than a few things). I don't connect with anything anymore here. I'm done here at the Christian Alliance. Some people don't think I'm Christian, even if I believe in Christ. I don't belive in the Trintiy, I don't beleve in Christmas or Easter, I don't think that people go to heaven or hell. I beleve that we are to observe the holydays outlined in the Old Testomint, and was obsereved by Christ.

So I guess...bye. If you need to reach me, e-mail me @ jamie8494@yahoo.com

Xtra
28th December 2008, 6:17 AM
Okay, Pokelover. It's sad to see you go. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and God Bless.

Kanto Trio
28th December 2008, 6:23 AM
Goodbye Pokelover33, it was nice while you were here.

I do not see the problem even if they do not recognize Jesus as God. I am pretty neutral about this.

I actually do I have a topic that I would like to discuss.

What do you people think about Rick Warren giving the invocation at Obama's inauguration ceremony?

I have actually seen liberals supporting this stating that it will help Obama outreach to evangelicals. But I have also seen people condemning Obama for this saying it his hypocritical of him. I personally am ok with this but I do not really have a stance.

MidnightStorm
28th December 2008, 4:49 PM

They can if they want to, if we try to stop non-believers from celebrating Christmas, that would make Christians look very bad. It is to celebrate Christ, but many people do not see it as that, but anyway, I'm rather neutral on it.

What do you people think about Rick Warren giving the invocation at Obama's inauguration ceremony?

Politics huh? Well I actually like his choice, but he might be doing it, like Kanto Trio said, to reach evangelicals. It might be a stunt to reach across the table, or it might not be. I personally am okay with it, but many people are outraged at Obama for the choice.

Pikawho?
29th December 2008, 4:46 AM
No, I don't think anyone should. it's Pegin, look at it history.

I think I'll be leaving Serebii (Other than a few things). I don't connect with anything anymore here. I'm done here at the Christian Alliance. Some people don't think I'm Christian, even if I believe in Christ. I don't belive in the Trintiy, I don't beleve in Christmas or Easter, I don't think that people go to heaven or hell. I beleve that we are to observe the holydays outlined in the Old Testomint, and was obsereved by Christ.

So I guess...bye. If you need to reach me, e-mail me @ jamie8494@yahoo.com

How can you call yourself a Christian if you do not believe in Christmas or Easter? I'd like to hear where you're coming from cause that makes no sense at all. Pm me if you'd prefer. That's just weird. You're pretty much saying that you don't give a crap about Jesus coming down. =/ Cause Christmas = Celebration of Jesus' birth And Easter = Celebration of Jesus' Ressurrection. =/

As for the topics, I have no real opinion about the speaker. I don't know much about him....Plus, I think Obama said that he chose the guy so that he could "include" the opposition. idk. I'm probably wrong. I'm not into politics so I don't really have a strong opinion. =/

hollythesnare
29th December 2008, 6:43 AM
May I join this club? Im very suprised to have never seen this thread before... But I am very glad to have found it :) Its wonderful to have other christians to discuss things with outside my church. Oh, my name is holly (you can call me that) and I am technically Methodist (though I prefer no denomination. All that matters to me is that we love and follow Jesus Christ.)

Yes, actually. Because I beleive it may cause a raised non-christian child to explore the roots to this happy holiday. This is an unfortunate way to get to people but it may be a secret blessing to some. The holiday gives a lot of people joy so perhaps it shows Gods work in their lives. Im not sure. I just think maybe Jesus will reveil himself to them during the holidays :)

MidnightStorm
29th December 2008, 3:27 PM
Welcome to the club, hollythesnare, I just rejoined here myself. :)

Despite Christmas having pagan roots or not, Christians still have a day set aside for celebrating the birth of our Savior Jesus. So if it is not the actual day Christ was born, then does it matter too, too much? Obviously we aren't celebrating pagan gods or goddesses so I myself don't see why Christmas is wrong. Maybe you could explain your reasoning and we could discuss(same goes for Easter).

I do not mean to attack you Pokelover33, but am wondering why you feel the way you do about important Christian holidays.

Carlisle
29th December 2008, 7:01 PM
How can you call yourself a Christian if you do not believe in Christmas or Easter? I'd like to hear where you're coming from cause that makes no sense at all. Pm me if you'd prefer. That's just weird. You're pretty much saying that you don't give a crap about Jesus coming down. =/ Cause Christmas = Celebration of Jesus' birth And Easter = Celebration of Jesus' Resurrection. =/

As for the topics, I have no real opinion about the speaker. I don't know much about him....Plus, I think Obama said that he chose the guy so that he could "include" the opposition. idk. I'm probably wrong. I'm not into politics so I don't really have a strong opinion. =/
More so than the holidays, how can you not believe in the Trinity? @_@ There are certain things that seem acceptable to me such as...taking the Bible metaphorically, believing homosexuality is okay, believing in evolution and mixing science and religion together...but not believing in resurrection, death, the trinity...you know, the general concepts...that's kind of drifting away from Christianity in general...o.o

crobatman
29th December 2008, 11:24 PM
I have met others like pokelover, who say they do not believe in things like the Trinity. Their reasoning is that because the word "trinity" is not in the bible, then it may not be true. Maybe, that is his answer.

Should non-christians celebrate Christmas?
Nothing is stopping them...Most "christians" do not celebrate for the right reasons anyway.

I have not heard of this yet. It does make sense for Rick Warren to do it, since he hosted one the debates at his Church.
I am not a fan of Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Ministry, but I respect him.

Ruby_Kun
29th December 2008, 11:31 PM
Um I'd like to join. I'm a Catholic.

Yes I do think well if they want to. I know many non-Christians that celebrate Christmas. Even if they don't know it they are celebrating Christ's Birthday.

chosen_one386
30th December 2008, 8:43 PM
Well, since New Year's is coming up, I'm going to start a new topic!

What are some of your New Year's resolutions?

Well, this year I plan on reading my Bible all the way through. I've been taking a new Christian magazine that has a day-by-day plan for doing just that. I also plan on writing down every book I read in 2009. I have this year, and I'm going to do so again.

hollythesnare
30th December 2008, 9:03 PM

Im seriosuly hoping to do better in college than I have in high school next year. I have always struggled in school and hope that college will be my time to shine. Im also planning on attending church more often and hopefully finding a new church.

(my church does not feel welcoming anymore... Has anyone else ever had this happen to them? I feel bad but I dont feel at home anymore. :/)

Pikawho?
30th December 2008, 9:04 PM

Pray more. Try to get more out of my Bible Studies. That's about it. =/

Good luck reading the Bible in a year! I did that a few years ago. It can get a bit tough at times, but you'll feel good about it when you're done. =D

Chelc
31st December 2008, 2:26 AM
I haven't been here in forever. :[ I hope you all had a great Christmas!

They celebrate the more commercialized version, rather than the "real" thing, I guess you could say. They aren't really celebrating it (for the right reasons), anyway, so it doesn't bother me. To them, it's just an excuse to get gifts spend time with family and friends and whatnot. :<

Eat healthier, and go to church more often. Those are the only ones I have in mind atm. I'll probably add some more as I think of them tomorrow.

Xtra
31st December 2008, 7:02 AM
I have met others like pokelover, who say they do not believe in things like the Trinity. Their reasoning is that because the word "trinity" is not in the bible, then it may not be true. Maybe, that is his answer.

There are words like "dinosaur", "bible", and "grandmother" that don't appear, yet those things either exist or used to exist. So it's kind of a weak argument.

crobatman
31st December 2008, 12:36 PM
There are words like "dinosaur", "bible", and "grandmother" that don't appear, yet those things either exist or used to exist. So it's kind of a weak argument.

You're correct, but it is an argument. That is not my belief though.

New Year's Resolution
Get a Car, graduate, and I don't know.....

Absol 20/20
31st December 2008, 9:54 PM
Hey! I haven't posted in ...well, forever. xD But, I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year. =) I was also surprised to see that the club had been closed and re-opened. =o What happened to Shigeru? Just the natural effects of the passage of time? =/ But, yay for Pikawho? for taking over! =)

And, just because I really feel like contributing to this because I haven't for a REALLY long time... ^^

Trinity

Well, even though the word doesn't appear in the Book doesn't make it non-existent - that is true.

The other thing to think about is that we are kind of trinities, as well. Mind, body, and spirit are (I think) common divisions, though I could probably start babbling on about how I think it's divided. o.o Can we be our own fathers? ...not without a lot of work. xD But, God did make us in His image. I take it this way - He made us to be just like Him in almost if not all spiritual/mental (?) aspects, though we are flawed because of the fall. ...plus we don't have all the cool powers. XD

Well, if they want to, then that's their right as human beings. By that, I simply mean, if they do, would you think any less of them, or try to make them stop?

I also think it's an interesting point about Christmas being based in pagan roots. My family never celebrated Christmas because of this.

I've heard many things about this, though I haven't done in-depth research. However, the first two Google results of "Christmas pagan origins" (all words together without quotes)...

http://www.essortment.com/all/christmaspagan_rece.htm

...and...

http://www.zenzibar.com/articles/christmas.asp

So, another question to ask would be...

Would Jesus want His birthday celebrated at a time that wasn't really His birthday and was/is also celebrated for pagan reasons / traditions based in pagan religon?

I dunno. =/

Also, I don't know where it is, but I remember something from the Bible that talks about a man and celebrating his own birth... Though Jesus would indeed deserve it. =|

So, will I celebrate? I dunno. O_o ...though I have to say that if I do (for commercial or religious reasons).........

.........I'll HAVE to put up lights! theyz just sooo pretyz! :p

New Year's Resolution

...umm, fish? o.o

xD Happy New Year, everyone! ^_^

Pokelover33
31st December 2008, 10:13 PM
Pikawho, it's not letting me PM you, nor post it...any other way I could send it too you?

Pikawho?
31st December 2008, 10:31 PM
You can always e-mail me, although it's kinda weird that it's not letting you send it...>.> There should be an option for e-mailing me if you click on my name or visit my profile. Otherwise pm me and I'll give you my e-mail address.

Welcome back, Absol! =D

chosen_one386
31st December 2008, 11:18 PM
I know that there is a pagan background to Christmas, but I believe that it really doesn't matter what date you celebrate, as long as the celebration is focused on the meaning of Jesus's birth.

MidnightStorm
1st January 2009, 12:42 AM
I know that there is a pagan background to Christmas, but I believe that it really doesn't matter what date you celebrate, as long as the celebration is focused on the meaning of Jesus's birth.

Yes, that is where I stand on it. But anyway, lets not fight but instead focus on something exciting, like New Year's.

Here's a topic I've come up with:

What was your biggest spiritual challenge in 2008?

And...
What are some highlights of this past year?
Actually, that's two topics :P

For me,

I was faced with lots of betrayal and people not accepting me. Also I couldn't find any good people in my life and couldn't find acceptance by anyone. Later though, God taught me to count my blessings and be happy even when I'm suffering.

What are some highlights of this past year?(in random order)

Getting my learner's permit, gaining clarity on my life, overcoming some sins, turning 16 and joining my church's orchestra.

Overall, I had a good year-I suffered a lot but also learned alot as well. My life changed so much this past year, but actually I'm glad I went through it all because it strengthens and refines you the person.

I'm wondering how 2008 was to all of you now.

Pikawho?
1st January 2009, 3:45 AM

Probably praying consistantly(like actual well-thought out prayers). I'd pray, but most of the time I was too tired/didn't-have-the-time to really spend time with it. Hopefully I can change that this year.

What are some highlights of this past year?

The youth Retreat last August. God met me there in so many ways. Only other highlight, that I can pin-point, is getting my driver's license on my first try. =D

Other than that, not much other stuff that I can remember...>.>

Pokelover33
1st January 2009, 8:35 PM

The bible never gives a date for the birth of Jesus. That to me sounds like God dose not want us to observe the birth.

Also the backround is the worship of the Sun God. God clearly states not to take false idols, witch is what christmas is. Christmas trees, Pagans worshiped them becouse they thought that they represented everlasting life.

I ask of you guys one thing (two actualy) show me in the bible were we are suppost to observe the birth of Christ?

And if any of you want to read a 22 page document on the truth of Christmas, Easter, and the commanded feasts, pm me with your e-mail.

And something I just figured out...I'm more like a massanic Jew than a Christian...

Ashtyn
1st January 2009, 9:08 PM

I need to work on worship.
I need to start praying more often and making longer and more meaningful, I guess.
+ I want to buy a new necklace with cross on it, I really need one! ;)

Derald Snyder
1st January 2009, 9:29 PM
From what I heard, Christians actually decided to set Christmas on the same day as a pagan celebration, in order to draw the pagans toward Christ. Same deal for the Easter holiday. Besides, why shouldn't we celebrate such a miraculous event?

...That's my two cents.

Pokelover33
1st January 2009, 9:53 PM
why shouldn't we celebrate such a miraculous event?

The same reason you shouldn't celebrate Holi (Hindu Holiday) becouse it has nothing to do with Christ. The fact is that Christ was most likly born in spring or fall.

I have another question of you all, why do you make an idol of the cross? I mean, it KILLED our savior...

Pikawho?
1st January 2009, 10:03 PM
I'll read the entire document later. It's too long. X_X But I would've prefered to hear about it in your own words, not from some site....But no matter.

We don't make it an idol. Yes, it killed Jesus, but it was through and by His death that we now have access to God. If He didn't suffer in that cruel way, then we wouldn't have that access.

Pokelover33
1st January 2009, 10:28 PM
I also have another question...

Why don't you all obsereve the holydays?

1. Passover

Commanded in Old Testament:
Leviticus 23:5

Observed by Jesus Christ, the apostles or the Church in the New Testament:
Matthew 26:2, 17-19
Mark 14:12-16
Luke 2:41-42; 22:1, 7-20
John 2:13, 23; 6:4; 13:1-30
1 Corinthians 11:23-29

2. Feast of Unleavened Bread

Leviticus 23:6-8

Matthew 26:17
Mark 14:12
Luke 2:41-42, 22:1,7
Acts 20:6
1 Corinthians 5:6-8

3. Feast of Pentecost

Leviticus 23:15-22

Acts 2:1-21; 20:16
1 Corinthians 16:8

4. Feast of Trumpets*

Leviticus 23:23-25

Matthew 24:30-31
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Revelation 11:15

5. Day of Atonement

Leviticus 23:26-32

Acts 27:9

6. Feast of Tabernacles

Leviticus 23:33-43

John 7:1-2, 8, 10, 14
Acts 18:21

7. Last Great Day

Leviticus 23:36

John 7:37-38

Kal-El
1st January 2009, 10:34 PM
Um... a lot of those are observed. Furthermore, most of them were only required by the Law (in which only Jewish people were bound) and where they have been observed in New Testament, it's been in a more spiritual sense than celebrating the event.

Pokelover33
1st January 2009, 10:50 PM
Um... a lot of those are observed. Furthermore, most of them were only required by the Law (in which only Jewish people were bound) and where they have been observed in New Testament, it's been in a more spiritual sense than celebrating the event.

Why were only Jewish people bound? God commanded them! Is it because it's in the old testament? No were in the bible dose it say to stop listing to God. God is God, Jesus taught from the old testament, you have to remember that they did not have the new testament...

chosen_one386
2nd January 2009, 3:01 AM
Why were only Jewish people bound? God commanded them! Is it because it's in the old testament? No were in the bible dose it say to stop listing to God. God is God, Jesus taught from the old testament, you have to remember that they did not have the new testament...

I think it has something to do along the lines of the extiction of sacrifices after Jesus's death. God didn't tell us to stop sacrificing to him, but we did. Well...he might have somewhere in the New Testament, but it's unnecessary to do now. The Passover and other holidays are Jewish holidays, not Christian holidays. You must remember things changed when the Christian religion was born. Once converted, things were different for the Jews turned Christian.

Pokelover33
2nd January 2009, 3:46 AM
I think it has something to do along the lines of the extiction of sacrifices after Jesus's death. God didn't tell us to stop sacrificing to him, but we did. Well...he might have somewhere in the New Testament, but it's unnecessary to do now. The Passover and other holidays are Jewish holidays, not Christian holidays. You must remember things changed when the Christian religion was born. Once converted, things were different for the Jews turned Christian.

True, and as Jews turned Christian, the meanings of the days changed...

Pokelover33
2nd January 2009, 3:46 AM
Passover

The Passover teaches us that Jesus Christ was sinless and, as the true Lamb of God, gave His life so that the sins of humanity could be forgiven and the death penalty removed (1 Corinthians 5:7; 1 Peter 1:18-20; Romans 3:25). Passover, although not observed as a Holy Day, is the first festival of the year.

Feast of Unleavend Bread

The Feast of Unleavened Bread teaches us that we have been called to reject lawlessness and repent of sin. We are to live by every word of God and according to the teachings of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 5:8; Matthew 4:4). During this festival, leaven symbolizes sin and, as such, is removed from our homes for the seven days of the festival (1 Corinthians 5:7-8; Exodus 12:19). By eating unleavened bread we picture living a life of sincerity and truth, free from sin.

Pentecost

The Feast of Pentecost, or firstfruits, teaches us that Jesus Christ came to build His Church. This festival pictures the coming of the Holy Spirit and the establishment of the Church. The firstfruits are those who will be given salvation at the return of Christ. They have been empowered with the Holy Spirit, which creates in each one a new heart and nature to live by the commandments of God (Exodus 23:16; Acts 2:1-4, 37-39; 5:32; James 1:18).

Feast of Trumpets

The Feast of Trumpets teaches us that Jesus Christ will visibly return to the earth at the end of this age. At that time He will resurrect the saints who are no longer living and instantly change those saints who are still alive to immortal spirit beings (Matthew 24:31; 1 Corinthians 15:52-53; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17). This festival commemorates the blowing of the trumpets that will precede His return. Seven angels with seven trumpets are described in Revelation 8-10. Christ will return with the blowing of the seventh trumpet (Revelation 11:15).

Day of Atonement

The Day of Atonement teaches us that Jesus Christ gave His life to atone for the sins of all mankind. It also points to the time when Satan will be bound for 1,000 years (Leviticus 16:29-30, 20-22; Revelation 20:1-3). This Holy Day pictures our High Priest, Jesus Christ, making atonement for our sins, which allows us to be reconciled to God and enter into the "holiest of all" (Hebrews 9:8-14; 10:19-20). By fasting on this day, we draw closer to God and picture the reconciliation of mankind to God. Christ is essential in this process as our High Priest (Hebrews 4:14-15; 5:4-5, 10) and as our eternal sacrifice for sin (Hebrews 9:26-28).

Feast of Tabernacles

The Feast of Tabernacles teaches us that when Jesus Christ returns, a new society will be established with Christ as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Christ, assisted by the resurrected saints, will set up His government on the earth for 1,000 years (Revelation 19:11-16; 20:4; Leviticus 23:39-43; Matthew 17:1-4; Hebrews 11:8-9). Rule under His laws will spread from Jerusalem throughout the world to usher in an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity (Isaiah 2:2-4; Daniel 2:35, 44; 7:13-14).

Last Great Day

The Last Great Day, or eighth day, teaches us that Jesus Christ will complete His harvest of humans by raising from the dead and extending salvation to all human beings who have died in the past and have never been given a full opportunity for salvation (Ezekiel 37:1-14; Romans 11:25-27; Luke 11:31-32; Revelation 20:11-13).

The annual cycle of the celebration of the festivals and Holy Days reminds Christ's disciples that He is working out His plan of extending salvation from sin and death and offering the gift of eternal life in the family of God to all humanity—past, present and future.

Pikawho?
2nd January 2009, 5:42 AM
We don't celebrate those because Jesus died to free us from all that stuff. I remember reading somewhere that we are "free from the law" or something like that. I'll see if I can find it, but that's pretty much why. Jesus died so that we wouldn't have to keep sacrificing animals cause He was the perfect sacrifice.

As to your other proposition; yeah, God never "commands" us to celebrate Christmas and Easter, but I don't think He ever says that we shouldn't celebrate those times at all. >.>

Champion Jared 14
4th January 2009, 4:06 AM
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've been in here, just popping in to say I'm still alive!! lol. How was everyone's Christmas and New Years?

Xtra
4th January 2009, 5:53 AM
I got good news.

Our new facility for our church passed the inspections, and we will have our first service there tommorow. After however long, we are finally moving out of the elementery school and into our own place.

Pikawho?
5th January 2009, 1:12 AM
Welcome back, CJ! =D

That's awesome, Xtra. That's how my church started out(in several different schools). Hopefully God will bless your church as He's blessed mine. =D

I had a topic, but it flew away from me...I also had a verse, but it flew away from me too....I'll right it down when I remember and get back to you guys. XP *has issues*

crobatman
5th January 2009, 6:09 PM
Why don't we observe the feast?
Jesus told us there were only two ordinances we are to observe. They are Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
Here are my references:
Baptism
Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.Lord's Supper
Matthew 26.26-28; Mark 14.22-25; Luke 22.14-19
Luke 22.19, Jesus said, “This do in remembrance of me.”

Anything else is extra. Jesus Christ came to fulfill the law. He fulfilled the feasts!
Galatians 4:9-10 warns against going back under the Law by insisting on the legal requirement of special days.

But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

PokeJustice
6th January 2009, 2:08 AM
Howdy, I'm new, and I would definitely like to join, please, thank you.

Soooo...about myself.

Well, I was under conviction deeply when I was 11. I had so many questions, I was very young. I prayed the prayer instructed in the back of my Zondervan KJV, and I started to read it. I didn't think too much into it, but now I do. My life was changed immensely. I used to be used to the children around me swearing, little foul-mouthed brats, they thought it was cool. But I found myself repeating one verse in particular whenever a child claiming to be Christian curse: Ephesians 4:29. I was baptized much later that year, only after a meeting with my preacher, at my parents insistence. I am now a geocenterist, a staunch defender of Intelligent Design, and I do my best to attend church every Sunday (though I don't, always...:)) and it STILL miffs me to hear people swear...which is why I stay away from Smogon...LOL.

Nyami
6th January 2009, 2:35 AM
Hey everyone! I would like to join. I am a recent re-convert to Catholicism. Spring of 2007, I became so skeptical and confused about Christianity I began considering myself agnostic. This may sound corny, but I do believe that God was calling to me several times (not literally though -through certain events) during the time I was agnostic. This spurred 2-3 re-conversions, but then I would dismiss the logic behind my choice and then become agnostic again. But, the thing is, I believe some things happen for a reason, even when I was agnostic. Whenever something happened that I thought was meant to happen, I realized that there had to be something, some force, behind the occurrence if it wasn't just random. That and reconsideration of what caused my last 're-conversion' has led me to believe in God again.

Also:

Everyone, please, do not go into the Atheist Alliance seeking to convert the members of that club to Christianity. It is very annoying and, more importantly, disrespectful of their beliefs for you to do that. They leave this club alone, so please do them the same courtesy.