PDA

View Full Version : Anti-GTS Shiny Club (Read First Post Please)

LoneStarAkira
24th November 2008, 7:07 AM
This club is for dedicated shiny hunters who believe that hard-earned work pays off more than just simply trading for a shiny through GTS.

There are no special pledges or anything like that to join this club. But I ask that when someone new would like to join, they could tell everyone about themselves, and express their views on GTS Shiny trading, briefly. You can also talk about things related to this topic here.

You don't have to be against GTS Shiny trades to join this club, but, of course, this is an Anti-GTS Shiny club, so I'm not entirely sure what sorts of things you could bring up in this thread.

Things I allow:
- Opinions
- Rants (keep it PG and on-topic, and not head-throbbingly long)
- General Discussion
- Finds (like, if you're on GTS and notice something fishy or annoying, or a Pokemon that is most likely hacked)
- Experiences
- Debates (Friendly ones. Don't bash others for their opinions)
- Talks of shiny finds on Generation 4 games in comparison to GTS (since this thread is about GTS, which is only on Generation 4), but you're allowed to talk about your Generation 3 shinies, if you're doing comparisons and such.
- Anything else you'd like to talk about. RULE CHANGED. It doesn't have to be about GTS. You can talk about anything that you feel like... to an extent, of course.

Things I don't allow:
- Flaming. #1 Nono D8<
- Bashing of other peoples' opinions or finds
- Completely off-topic subjects (Generation 3 Shiny discussion is for the 3rd Gen Shiny Discussion Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=9020491#post9020491))
- Boasting. I can't stand it, and I'm sure alot of others don't like it either. Things like, "I finally got myself a shiny >Pokemon here< yesterday, and I'm ecstatic!" is perfectly fine, but major boasting isn't wanted. It's okay to talk about shinies that you've gotten, since it is, of course, a club about shinies.

Members:
LoneStarAkira/Me - Leader, Banner artist
>Entei< - Co-leader, Banner artist
Kindrindra
Deoxysmatter
DVB
Missingno. Master
arcanumghost
Ceecee-typhlosion
LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover
Mr. Joker
migas140
bentley1994
carlapsykhe
Babs
Skeletim
Mence Master

Visitors are welcome, but if you're gonna post often, could you request to be a member, please? ^^;

Banners:
These banners are either made by myself, or by members of this club. Anyone can use them, as long as they ask first, and give credit on their sigs.

Banners removed due to the closing of the thread. Please remove any that are on your signatures.

DVB
25th November 2008, 11:05 AM
I'll join, I agree, hard-work does pay off.

Deoxysmatter
25th November 2008, 5:45 PM
Can I join? I remember when I traded a Milotic on the GTS, looking for a Spiritomb for breeding my Grimer. When I got it, It was a shiny, but was caught in mystery zone. I was soooooooooooooooo mad.

Kindrindra
25th November 2008, 6:36 PM
Well, I said I would come, and I have come!
... You mean I have to type that long rant about how sacred finding a shiny is, and how that is wreaked by getting one on GTS ruins that, all over again?
Oh, by the way, Someone had gotten 40 or 50 shinys of GTS? And they honestly think that they're all legimate?!?! They're crazy.

See Ya Later!

LoneStarAkira
25th November 2008, 8:35 PM
Well, I said I would come, and I have come!
... You mean I have to type that long rant about how sacred finding a shiny is, and how that is wreaked by getting one on GTS ruins that, all over again?
Oh, by the way, Someone had gotten 40 or 50 shinys of GTS? And they honestly think that they're all legimate?!?! They're crazy.

See Ya Later!

LOL. Well, why not!? Writing heaps about opinions is kinda fun. >>3

Yep, all of you guys can join. I'll add you to the list. :3

Can I join? I remember when I traded a Milotic on the GTS, looking for a Spiritomb for breeding my Grimer. When I got it, It was a shiny, but was caught in mystery zone. I was soooooooooooooooo mad.

Man, that would have hacked you off. (Lol, hack) And shiny Spiritombs would have to be soft-reseted for, or the person would be INCREDIBLY patient to get one with many Keystones.

I haven't ever used GTS yet, but my brother has. He didn't come across any shinies, but really. Why would you want to get a shiny from someone you don't even know, which might even be hacked, when you can go to the effort to get it yourself, and feel that awesome kick when you do? ^^;

Missingno. Master
25th November 2008, 8:57 PM
I'll join.

I've gotten my fair share of shinies off the GTS, but have only kept one of them to date.

First was a Seviper, but I wound up trading it for something else a few minutes later. Looked legit, but had some nickname (I'm not much into nicknamed Pokemon).

Next was a shiny Phione. This was lv. 100. And caught at lv. 99 on Route 202. I released it on the spot.

Then there was the Donphan. lv. 79, female, japanese, Mild. Seemed legit. Kept it for a while, then traded it for a Ho-Oh.

Then there was the Slowbro. See the shiny Phione section.

Then the Gengar. Lv. 100, caught in Turnback Cave at lv. 55, beautiful stats, effort ribbon, male, modest (I think), seemed legit, except for the Cherish Ball, and the mail it was holding (which had Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus portraits on it). Released it.

And then there was the second Phione, which went exactly like the first one.

My most recent GTS shiny? A Mew. It's Japanese, from Hoenn, and the Old Sea Map WAS given out in Japan, so it could easily be legit (I somewhat doubt any right-minded person would trade a legit shiny Mew, but hey, it's a friggin' MEW! I'll be as optimistic as it takes!). I still have it, and don't plan to get rid of it, unless it's proven to be a hack.

Despite these bad shinies, I do not hate the GTS. In fact, I find that if you're flexible enough, and have something good to trade, you can get some good things on there. Got one of those japanese event Dragonites off the GTS (The jap. equivalent of the one given out at Toys R Us earlier this month, of which I have two), for one thing. And several movie Regigigas.

Anyone ever see those shiny lv. 1 Regigigas nicknamed "F*** YOU!" on the GTS? Someone traded me one when I was angling for a Platinum Regigigas. Egg obtained in Poffin House? Egg hatched in Snowpoint Temple? I don't think so.

LoneStarAkira
25th November 2008, 10:08 PM
I'll join.

I've gotten my fair share of shinies off the GTS, but have only kept one of them to date.

First was a Seviper, but I wound up trading it for something else a few minutes later. Looked legit, but had some nickname (I'm not much into nicknamed Pokemon).

Next was a shiny Phione. This was lv. 100. And caught at lv. 99 on Route 202. I released it on the spot.

Then there was the Donphan. lv. 79, female, japanese, Mild. Seemed legit. Kept it for a while, then traded it for a Ho-Oh.

Then there was the Slowbro. See the shiny Phione section.

Then the Gengar. Lv. 100, caught in Turnback Cave at lv. 55, beautiful stats, effort ribbon, male, modest (I think), seemed legit, except for the Cherish Ball, and the mail it was holding (which had Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus portraits on it). Released it.

And then there was the second Phione, which went exactly like the first one.

My most recent GTS shiny? A Mew. It's Japanese, from Hoenn, and the Old Sea Map WAS given out in Japan, so it could easily be legit (I somewhat doubt any right-minded person would trade a legit shiny Mew, but hey, it's a friggin' MEW! I'll be as optimistic as it takes!). I still have it, and don't plan to get rid of it, unless it's proven to be a hack.

Despite these bad shinies, I do not hate the GTS. In fact, I find that if you're flexible enough, and have something good to trade, you can get some good things on there. Got one of those japanese event Dragonites off the GTS (The jap. equivalent of the one given out at Toys R Us earlier this month, of which I have two), for one thing. And several movie Regigigas.

Anyone ever see those shiny lv. 1 Regigigas nicknamed "F*** YOU!" on the GTS? Someone traded me one when I was angling for a Platinum Regigigas. Egg obtained in Poffin House? Egg hatched in Snowpoint Temple? I don't think so.

Wow, seems like you've had some bad run-ins with GTS shinies. >D

That shiny Mew does sound pretty legit. And Japanese people are odd, they trade shinies and really rare Pokemon just for English ones and that, so it most likely is legit. >D Odd people, they are. Definitely keep it.

Welcome to the club! =D That makes four members excluding myself! Yay!

The GTS is still a cool thing. When the Pokemon are actually legit, it's definitely a good way to get legendaries and hard to obtain Pokemon, especially when you can't get them yourself. >3

It's kinda sad how so many of them are obviously hacked though. D:

Kindrindra
26th November 2008, 2:55 AM
Yes, Japanese people do trade strange things...
Although, I've seen some stranger english things (Your trading a caterpie, and expect someone to trade you a Deoxys? Dream on, dream on...)
That's some nasty run-ins you've had, missingno master! Who trades these things? Honestly, If you want to spam off trading Phione, get pokemon ranger, transfer a manaphy, and have fun! Hacking is wrong... I remember when me and someone I know who plays diamond (lucky duck, they convinced their friend to give them a mewtwo they'd soft-reseted for, and a shaymin they had got off GTS... They love that shaymin... actually, they're just plain obsessed with Grass types XD) and me in a double battle against two n00bs that had hacked for all these guys, you know, mewtwo, girantina... They were total n00bs, didn't even understand type advantages, hyper beamed my lucario... and then I Me Firsted their girantina (Lucario vanashed instantly... XD).

I think that's enough ranting for one post, I'll post part two later! XD

See Ya Later!

arcanumghost
26th November 2008, 12:54 PM
This club looks good, so I'd like to join up too. I haven't had any bad incidents on the GTS like you have, MissingnoMaster, but the few shinies I do have I encounter on my own and I've avoided trading for GTS shinies on that general principle. Honestly, there's no rarity behind a pokemon if it's been cloned over and over again and distributed across the world.

Missingno. Master
26th November 2008, 2:36 PM
Wow, seems like you've had some bad run-ins with GTS shinies. >D

That shiny Mew does sound pretty legit. And Japanese people are odd, they trade shinies and really rare Pokemon just for English ones and that, so it most likely is legit. >D Odd people, they are. Definitely keep it.

Welcome to the club! =D That makes four members excluding myself! Yay!

The GTS is still a cool thing. When the Pokemon are actually legit, it's definitely a good way to get legendaries and hard to obtain Pokemon, especially when you can't get them yourself. >3

It's kinda sad how so many of them are obviously hacked though. D:

That part in bold's all I need to hear. Mew stays!

Now, obviously, we're all agreed that GTS shinies are generally a no-no... But what about shinies traded from your friends and relatives? My shiny Golem and Poliwrath came from my cousin. And as far as my Beedrill, my brother was about to run from the Weedle, until I snatched his SP and caught the Weedle myself. Same with the Doduo. He would've released them unless I transferred them to my Pearl version (he hates the Weedle and Doduo families, as well as most poison types, which really annoys me, as the poison type is my favorite type. He's fine with the Bulbasaur line, Crobat (Not Zubat or Golbat), Croagunk, Skorupi, and I think I'm getting him accustomed to Weezing as well).

I'm proud of the shinies I got myself. And the circumstances under which I got some were really..... situational. If I had gotten rid of that extra Growlithe egg, I wouldn't have a shiny Arcanine. If I had remembered that my Swampert knew Dig, I would only have one shiny Machamp. If I hadn't taken it upon myself to hatch the Koffing egg I traded to my brother, I wouldn't have my shiny Weezing. If I had blown all my Pokeballs early on in FireRed, I wouldn't have my shiny Raticate. If I had remembered that I already had gotten all the items in Wayward Cave, I wouldn't have a shiny Garchomp. If I could've handled the Mach Bike better, I wouldn't have a shiny Mightyena. If I had remembered to reapply Max Repels constantly with the PokeRadar, I wouldn't have a shiny Staraptor or Marowak. If I hadn't been running low on Heart Scales, I wouldn't have a shiny Octillery.

I remember when I got my shiny Salamence. It was my 14th birthday. I was in Meteor Falls with a Trick Alakazam, trying to get a Dragon Scale. I wanted to evolve my Seadra. So what do you think I found? Shiny Bagon! That year, on Christmas, I got my shiny Metagross (in the form of a Beldum, of course).

This club looks good, so I'd like to join up too. I haven't had any bad incidents on the GTS like you have, MissingnoMaster, but the few shinies I do have I encounter on my own and I've avoided trading for GTS shinies on that general principle. Honestly, there's no rarity behind a pokemon if it's been cloned over and over again and distributed across the world.

THat reminds me. Any of you ever see that thread in general Pokemon disc. about Pokemon day 2008, and that shiny Rotom giveaway over the GTS? That's how I got one of my shiny Rotom. Completely forgot to mention it, but that's because the guy in charge swears that the Rotom were legit. I don't really consider it a GTS shiny, as it was kind of an event, and not that many were given away. Definitely, not everyone who participated got one, I was lucky to get the one I got!

Oh, and if any of you several months back have traded something over the GTS for a lv. 100 Modest Froslass that knew Sing and Dream Eater.... You're welcome.

LoneStarAkira
26th November 2008, 8:11 PM

Welcome to the club!! =D
Yeah, it's very obvious that alot of shiny Pokemon were cloned to trade through the GTS. I guess with multiple shinies, they could get good trades for them. )=

That part in bold's all I need to hear. Mew stays!

Now, obviously, we're all agreed that GTS shinies are generally a no-no... But what about shinies traded from your friends and relatives? My shiny Golem and Poliwrath came from my cousin. And as far as my Beedrill, my brother was about to run from the Weedle, until I snatched his SP and caught the Weedle myself. Same with the Doduo. He would've released them unless I transferred them to my Pearl version (he hates the Weedle and Doduo families, as well as most poison types, which really annoys me, as the poison type is my favorite type. He's fine with the Bulbasaur line, Crobat (Not Zubat or Golbat), Croagunk, Skorupi, and I think I'm getting him accustomed to Weezing as well).

I'm proud of the shinies I got myself. And the circumstances under which I got some were really..... situational. If I had gotten rid of that extra Growlithe egg, I wouldn't have a shiny Arcanine. If I had remembered that my Swampert knew Dig, I would only have one shiny Machamp. If I hadn't taken it upon myself to hatch the Koffing egg I traded to my brother, I wouldn't have my shiny Weezing. If I had blown all my Pokeballs early on in FireRed, I wouldn't have my shiny Raticate. If I had remembered that I already had gotten all the items in Wayward Cave, I wouldn't have a shiny Garchomp. If I could've handled the Mach Bike better, I wouldn't have a shiny Mightyena. If I had remembered to reapply Max Repels constantly with the PokeRadar, I wouldn't have a shiny Staraptor or Marowak. If I hadn't been running low on Heart Scales, I wouldn't have a shiny Octillery.

I remember when I got my shiny Salamence. It was my 14th birthday. I was in Meteor Falls with a Trick Alakazam, trying to get a Dragon Scale. I wanted to evolve my Seadra. So what do you think I found? Shiny Bagon! That year, on Christmas, I got my shiny Metagross (in the form of a Beldum, of course).

THat reminds me. Any of you ever see that thread in general Pokemon disc. about Pokemon day 2008, and that shiny Rotom giveaway over the GTS? That's how I got one of my shiny Rotom. Completely forgot to mention it, but that's because the guy in charge swears that the Rotom were legit. I don't really consider it a GTS shiny, as it was kind of an event, and not that many were given away. Definitely, not everyone who participated got one, I was lucky to get the one I got!

Oh, and if any of you several months back have traded something over the GTS for a lv. 100 Modest Froslass that knew Sing and Dream Eater.... You're welcome.

LOL! As much as I've always disliked GTS shinies, I've always thought that trading with close friends/family was okay. I mean, what if that friend had 2 of the same shiny?
I can't train 2 of the same shiny Pokemon unless one is evolved and the other isn't. So even I would trade to someone.
Or like you said with the Doduo, heck yeah! Take it if he was gonna release it!! D:: That would have been a complete waste if he just released it.

I mainly disagree with excessive trading. Like, if you had a friend, and you got like, ALL of your shinies off of him, sorta thing. You gotta have alot of your own, you know?

I have 22 shinies (got a Buizel yesterday! WOOT!) and all of them were caught or hatched (Crystal hatching) by me.

Wow. You have alot of luck with hatching!! This is on Gen 3 and 4, right? Wow. I tried for a Spinarak, but gave up after about 12 or so eggs. I knew I probably wouldn't have gotten it...

Obtaining shinies yourselves gives the most awesome kick! Like lastnight, for the very first time, I saw that shiny patch rustle, and I ALMOST DIED. That rush was so much better than trading for one. >D

Missingno. Master
26th November 2008, 9:45 PM
Or like you said with the Doduo, heck yeah! Take it if he was gonna release it!! D:: That would have been a complete waste if he just released it.
Forget releasing it, in the case of the Weedle, had I not intervened, he wouldn't have even CAUGHT it! And he knows all about how rare shinies are, too, he just hates Weedle and Doduo! He has a shiny of his own, though, an Eevee which he SR'd for in LG. When he told me he got one, I thought he was kidding, as he'd tricked me before, saying he got a shiny Eevee when he didn't. Then he showed me the screen. There it was, male, Adamant nature. He won't evolve it, Eevee's his favorite Pokemon. Even if I were heartless enough to steal it from him, it wouldn't benefit me- the only shiny Eeveelutions I lack are Vaporeon and Umbreon, neither of which benefit from an Adamant nature.

Obtaining shinies yourselves gives the most awesome kick! Like lastnight, for the very first time, I saw that shiny patch rustle, and I ALMOST DIED. That rush was so much better than trading for one. >D
I know exactly what you mean. Finding a shiny yourself gives you such a rush. Even if I'm only half-paying attention, that *DA DA DING* sound you hear ALWAYS grabs my attention.

LoneStarAkira
26th November 2008, 9:55 PM
I know exactly what you mean. Finding a shiny yourself gives you such a rush. Even if I'm only half-paying attention, that *DA DA DING* sound you hear ALWAYS grabs my attention.

Ohgod. I was paying attention, but I had just watched some videos on YouTube about Pokeradaring on Platinum, so I honestly DID NOT EXPECT one to just suddenly SHOW UP a couple of minutes later!!! 8D

Draknir
26th November 2008, 10:03 PM
I'll join. There have only been 2 Shinings I have kept from the GTS, and I have recieved many.

Just some to list:
The stinking **ck You!!! Shining Regigigas that was floating around for a while. I released it as soon as I got it.
A Lv.100 Shining Entei that turned out to be rare candied(I am morally against that). I released it after getting REALLY angry.
A Lv.100 Shining Dragonite that was caught at Lv.99. I released it, naturally.
A Lv.60 Shining Drapion that was caught some random route. It was male too, which I needed for my breeding. Again, released.
A Lv.48 Shining Pinsir that everything checks out as Legit, now residing in my PC.
A Lv.1 Shining Regigias that, again checks out as legit, and is now residing with my other Legendary Shinings.
A Lv.33 Shining Psyduck that I recently traded off. I got this after the Psyduck GTS Event last summer.

Unfortunately, I am horrible at chaining. Still, the Shining Snover that I have in my Platinum gives me great joy whenever I look at her. She is the greatest Achievement to date, and is worth more to me than any other, as she is my First shining in Platinum.

Just a note: I probably will have a rant eventually on GTS shinings.

LoneStarAkira
26th November 2008, 10:41 PM
I'll join. There have only been 2 Shinings I have kept from the GTS, and I have recieved many.

Just some to list:
The stinking **ck You!!! Shining Regigigas that was floating around for a while. I released it as soon as I got it.
A Lv.100 Shining Entei that turned out to be rare candied(I am morally against that). I released it after getting REALLY angry.
A Lv.100 Shining Dragonite that was caught at Lv.99. I released it, naturally.
A Lv.60 Shining Drapion that was caught some random route. It was male too, which I needed for my breeding. Again, released.
A Lv.48 Shining Pinsir that everything checks out as Legit, now residing in my PC.
A Lv.1 Shining Regigias that, again checks out as legit, and is now residing with my other Legendary Shinings.
A Lv.33 Shining Psyduck that I recently traded off. I got this after the Psyduck GTS Event last summer.

Unfortunately, I am horrible at chaining. Still, the Shining Snover that I have in my Platinum gives me great joy whenever I look at her. She is the greatest Achievement to date, and is worth more to me than any other, as she is my First shining in Platinum.

Just a note: I probably will have a rant eventually on GTS shinings.

Oohh... That would have been annoying...

Yeah. I mean, like... Having a couple of GTS shinies that really appeal to you are fine, sorta thing. But have you ever seen those people who have like... one encounter shiny, and all the rest (about 40) are GTS and traded?

Ahw. A shiny Snover. That's so cool. =D My Ark/Staraptor still makes me happy, because not only is her my first Platinum shiny, he's my first Gen 4 and DS shiny!

I'm no good with chaining either. It was pure luck that I got a non-shiny patch Starly and a chain of 3 Buizel. >D Although, I am getting better at Pokeradaring...

And rant away! This is an Anti-GTS thread. >DD And welcome to the club!

Draknir
27th November 2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks. I actually probably will have many rants on the GTS Shinings.

Looks like I am gonna start early! WARNING: Text Block Ahead!

All the time I look on the GTS and find Shinings that can't be traded for. This is due to most of the people offering them wanting outrageous things in return, such as Lv.100 Ho-Ohs and Lugias, when all they are offering is a Shining Bidoof or something like that. These clutter up the GTS and take away from the trades people can do. Not to mention, most of these are hacked. I happen to know of MANY people who prefer getting Shinings through Legitimate means and by themselves. Be it Soft Resetting, Pokeradar Chaining, hatching, or Random Encounter, they are all worth more to them(And me) than any that others give us. People should try to get their own, and not accept too many from others. I, personally, have only gotten them from Random Encounters. My Shining Snover, who is currently in my Platinum(Which is where she was caught), shall never be traded off. She means more to me than the Shining Dialga and Palkia that are in my Pearl. I know of one that when I get it shall NEVER be traded off so long as I live. That would be a Shining Darkrai. This Darkai, gotten by SRing in Platinum, shall be my most valuable pokemon. I could trade it for anything I wanted, and few would refuse it, but it shall never leave my care. In fact, it shall never even see battle because I feel it would be wrong to battle with a Pokemon that really means a lot to me. I get angry whenever I see people saying that they chain in bulk just to trade them off. If I were to chain something like a Shining Dusclops, that Dusclops shall never be traded. [/End rant]

Phew. That felt good to do.

Kindrindra
27th November 2008, 2:05 AM
Hello! I'm back!
Ouch... >Entei< you've had a lot of bad luck, haven't you?
Myself, I haven't managed to use GTS at all much, so I haven't been a victim of any of those... (Insert Strongest Insult you can think of at the moment) Hackers that... I really don't get them... Why not do the right thing?
Something I don't get... How exactly does Pokeradaring work? I know the chances of shinys get multiplied by, like, some decimal every time you continue chaining (Which means, theoretically, If you continued chaining long enough, EVERY patch during that Pokeradar chain would be a shiny!), but, how exactly does it work? Beside the whole decimal multiplying thing, cause, if you can get good at something, it requires some kind of skill, right? (Great, another thing to master! Just as I thought I was an expert at pokemon...)

See Ya Later!

LoneStarAkira
27th November 2008, 6:48 AM
Hello! I'm back!
Ouch... >Entei< you've had a lot of bad luck, haven't you?
Myself, I haven't managed to use GTS at all much, so I haven't been a victim of any of those... (Insert Strongest Insult you can think of at the moment) Hackers that... I really don't get them... Why not do the right thing?
Something I don't get... How exactly does Pokeradaring work? I know the chances of shinys get multiplied by, like, some decimal every time you continue chaining (Which means, theoretically, If you continued chaining long enough, EVERY patch during that Pokeradar chain would be a shiny!), but, how exactly does it work? Beside the whole decimal multiplying thing, cause, if you can get good at something, it requires some kind of skill, right? (Great, another thing to master! Just as I thought I was an expert at pokemon...)

See Ya Later!

It's kinda hard to explain. But, I find it best to chain in a large area that's got alot of grass. If you're playing Platinum, any patch to start off with is fine, but I find that on DP, the regular patches are too hard to see, so go for the more "rarer" patches.

You battle the Pokemon you find in the patch, and then more patches rustle. Go for a patch that was identical to the one you just walked in, that is at LEAST 4 spaces away from you *the furtherest is usually the best, but if it's WAY too far away, run around for a while and use the PokeRadar again, without leaving the grassy area*, it is likely to be the Pokemon you just fought.

Avoid patches that are too close, patches that are in tight areas, as well as on the edge. If you get on the edge, move more towards the middle *without going too far that you'll break the chain!!*, and reset the Pokeradar there.

There's a thread that explains it better...somewhere on these forums. >D Take a look <3

And Entei. I agree totally with your rant. My first ever shiny *well, second. But my first GBA shiny*, is still one of my most precious ever. >3

And when/IF I ever get a soft-reset shiny, probably Regice, I'll wind up worshipping it. LOL. As much as it TAKES FOREVER, getting a completely legit legendary shiny would feel so good!

Ceecee-typhlosion
27th November 2008, 8:48 AM
I'll join the club
i havent gotten any shinies on the gts..
i have gotten them over wifi though by trading with other serebii members
i have around 70-something shinies, the majority of them i have caught only about 4 or 5 are from the shiny batch trade thread

i have never seen a shiny on the gts before..
before i accept a trade i always check stats and everything..

i got a bold shiny feebas on wifi and i was thinking, who would trade a shiny feebas, they are hard to get
it was apparently hatched though

shinies from the gts though wouldn't be as special because you don't feel good by receiving a pokemon someone else has given you, you feel so much better when you have caught it yourself after hard work

e.g. i love my shiny Swampert, it probably wouldn't mean as much to me if i didn't catch it

Missingno. Master
27th November 2008, 10:08 AM

So I'm not the only one upon whom someone has foisted that useless hack!

Not a GTS shiny story, but a GTS story;

A little after Shadows of Almia came out, I decided to go for one of those Aura Sphere Riolus on the GTS. Serebii.net said they didn't have Classic Ribbons, so I was good. One week later, I was getting nowhere with the trading. Then I find out on Bulbapedia that the Riolu in question in fact DOES have a classic ribbon. Only good thing I got out of that wasted week was a Modest Riolu.

Draknir
27th November 2008, 3:16 PM
Yeah that screwed me up when I got my Aura Sphering Riolu a while back. I was going to accuse the person of scamming, but I checked Multiple sources and saw that Serebii was the only one that differed.

Anybody want to take bets on how many hacked Darkrai's will be on the GTS come December 1st? I would say a LOT of them if they are allowed on it. I was surfing the GTS and saw like 6 Celebi owners asking for Darkrais. I can't believe that these made it through onto being shown on the GTS.

Well, I was told that the Swarms each day give a better chance of being chained, so I'm going after a Shining Spoink in my Pearl. Wish me luck!

LoneStarAkira
27th November 2008, 6:49 PM
So I'm not the only one upon whom someone has foisted that useless hack!

Not a GTS shiny story, but a GTS story;

A little after Shadows of Almia came out, I decided to go for one of those Aura Sphere Riolus on the GTS. Serebii.net said they didn't have Classic Ribbons, so I was good. One week later, I was getting nowhere with the trading. Then I find out on Bulbapedia that the Riolu in question in fact DOES have a classic ribbon. Only good thing I got out of that wasted week was a Modest Riolu.

Well, this is Serebii and Bulbapedia we're talking about. LOL. As much as I like this forum, I don't trust Serebii's resources on the main page, especially on the Platinum areas. *although I do check for item locations, sprites, etc.*
Bulbapedia is more solid and thorough, so yeah. I go there first. >D

I'll join the club
i havent gotten any shinies on the gts..
i have gotten them over wifi though by trading with other serebii members
i have around 70-something shinies, the majority of them i have caught only about 4 or 5 are from the shiny batch trade thread

i have never seen a shiny on the gts before..
before i accept a trade i always check stats and everything..

i got a bold shiny feebas on wifi and i was thinking, who would trade a shiny feebas, they are hard to get
it was apparently hatched though

shinies from the gts though wouldn't be as special because you don't feel good by receiving a pokemon someone else has given you, you feel so much better when you have caught it yourself after hard work

e.g. i love my shiny Swampert, it probably wouldn't mean as much to me if i didn't catch it

Of course they wouldn't be, where's the rush!? I was SHAKING when I found that shiny Buizel in the VERY FIRST shiny patch I had ever seen!! I was so stunned, and I was so darn happy! Nothing from the GTS could make me feel that way! 8D

Welcome to the club!!

Yeah that screwed me up when I got my Aura Sphering Riolu a while back. I was going to accuse the person of scamming, but I checked Multiple sources and saw that Serebii was the only one that differed.

Anybody want to take bets on how many hacked Darkrai's will be on the GTS come December 1st? I would say a LOT of them if they are allowed on it. I was surfing the GTS and saw like 6 Celebi owners asking for Darkrais. I can't believe that these made it through onto being shown on the GTS.

Well, I was told that the Swarms each day give a better chance of being chained, so I'm going after a Shining Spoink in my Pearl. Wish me luck!

I, myself, wouldn't trust a Celebi on GTS no matter what it is like. But then again, even if it was real, from a Nintendo event, I wouldn't train it. I can't stand training a Pokemon without a nice nickname.
I even had a Jirachi once, but I gave it to someone at school who had Pearl so he could train it, 'cos he doesn't go for nicknames. D::

Good luck on the shiny Spoink!! :3 I hope you get it!

Draknir
27th November 2008, 8:41 PM
Well, I gave up on my Pearl. So I turned to my Superly Megaly Awesomely Lucky Platinum. For the First time ever, I got my chain over 23. Guess who showed up on Chain link #39? A Shining Doduo! She is now an equal achievement to my Shining Snover in the same game!

My chain is still at 40, so I am trying to get many more.
EDIT: Chain broke from my own stupidity. Still, I am overjoyed!

LoneStarAkira
27th November 2008, 8:53 PM
Well, I gave up on my Pearl. So I turned to my Superly Megaly Awesomely Lucky Platinum. For the First time ever, I got my chain over 23. Guess who showed up on Chain link #39? A Shining Doduo! She is now an equal achievement to my Shining Snover in the same game!

That is so awesome!! =D I bet it feels GREAT!

Apparently it's a 1% chance of getting a shiny on a chain of 39! >3

I'm still trying, myself. My chain of Shellos just broke, so I'm gonna try elsewhere for another. :3

Draknir
27th November 2008, 9:02 PM
Forgot to post this. Last night, I made a banner for the Club! Hope you like it!
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x313/Shiningmaster/Anti-GTSShiningsBanner.png
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x313/Shiningmaster/Anti-GTSShiningsBanner.png Just take the * out of the second one.

Okay, I'm off to chain some more!
*Runs off into the Eastern part of Sinnoh*

LoneStarAkira
27th November 2008, 9:04 PM
Yay! A new banner! Awesome!! =D

I'll add it to the first page with your name. I'll be making banners for the club as well, and you guys are more than welcome to show your ones, too. :3

Draknir
27th November 2008, 9:42 PM
Aw man! My Luxio chain on Route 222 was broken by a Magnemite. My Magneton chain, though, hasn't been broken yet. Drat. Now that I typed that, it will happen!

After this, I am off to Route 215 to chain Lickitung! I just chose something random, so wish me luck!

LoneStarAkira
27th November 2008, 9:44 PM
Aw man! My Luxio chain on Route 222 was broken by a Magnemite. My Magneton chain, though, hasn't been broken yet. Drat. Now that I typed that, it will happen!

After this, I am off to Route 215 to chain Lickitung! I just chose something random, so wish me luck!

Good luck! :3

I'm chaining Natu at the moment, since it's today's swarm. I'm hoping to get good luck today like you did. >3

I'll be making some more banners for the club, probably today. So yeah, I'll post them up when I can <3

DVB
27th November 2008, 11:07 PM
I reall never used GTS, my dad a bit paranoid with using Wi-fi. Don't ask for elaboration. Anyway, I once caught a shiny Poochyena. I also heard of a code for Action Replay for a higher chance for getting shinies, but I'm not sure.

LoneStarAkira
28th November 2008, 12:34 AM
I reall never used GTS, my dad a bit paranoid with using Wi-fi. Don't ask for elaboration. Anyway, I once caught a shiny Poochyena. I also heard of a code for Action Replay for a higher chance for getting shinies, but I'm not sure.

I'm not a fan of any shiny codes, eh? I don' mind easy daycare codes (Only to get the egg itself, I cycle fully to hatch it), but easier chance codes wouln't do it for me either. D8

Ceecee-typhlosion
28th November 2008, 5:34 AM
Of course they wouldn't be, where's the rush!? I was SHAKING when I found that shiny Buizel in the VERY FIRST shiny patch I had ever seen!! I was so stunned, and I was so darn happy! Nothing from the GTS could make me feel that way! 8D

i remember when i first saw a shiny patch, it was on a chain of 40 and it was a buizel, it took me 2 months to find one, because i wasn't very good at chaining :p

now whenever i see a shiny patch im like, yeah whatever haha

i have only ever found 1 shiny at a chain of 39.. that was shinx
my lowest records are 27- Magnemite
37- Wobbuffet
15- Venonat
1- Abra

Good luck! :3

I'm chaining Natu at the moment, since it's today's swarm. I'm hoping to get good luck today like you did. >3

I'll be making some more banners for the club, probably today. So yeah, I'll post them up when I can <3

i will make a banner too :p

Draknir
28th November 2008, 2:42 PM
Okay, after my superly megaly awesomely lucky chain yesterday, all of my chains have been breaking. The only chain that has been good besides that one, was a Magnemite Chain of 28. Plus, today's swarm is Delibird in Northern Sinnoh. Those chains are rather...hard to do, so I'm not going to do that one.

*Runs off to Western Sinnoh in search of good luck with chains*

LoneStarAkira
28th November 2008, 8:06 PM
Okay, after my superly megaly awesomely lucky chain yesterday, all of my chains have been breaking. The only chain that has been good besides that one, was a Magnemite Chain of 28. Plus, today's swarm is Delibird in Northern Sinnoh. Those chains are rather...hard to do, so I'm not going to do that one.

*Runs off to Western Sinnoh in search of good luck with chains*

Oh dear. D: We share the same luck. We get a giant WHOA LUCKY SHINY, and then...nothing.

All of my chains broke yesterday. Got up to THIRTY THREE with a Machop, but I broke it... D:: I was really disappointed...

I dunno what I'm gonna chain for next, eh. Me wants to get another shiny. Damn, it's like a drug. o.o

CT, you can make banners. :3 And yeah, I can understand when you get used to chaining, and get lots of shinies, after a while it sorta stops being a kick. >D
Do you still get a surprise when you find a wild encounter one?

Draknir
29th November 2008, 2:09 AM
Oh dear. D: We share the same luck. We get a giant WHOA LUCKY SHINY, and then...nothing.
Not anymore, it would seem. My current Chain, at 41(Accidentally stepped into a patch that continued my chain), gave me a Shining Shellos East. I am still in the chain, and it is at 43(Only 'cuz I did the same thing.)

Man, I'm on a roll!

LoneStarAkira
29th November 2008, 2:21 AM
Not anymore, it would seem. My current Chain, at 41(Accidentally stepped into a patch that continued my chain), gave me a Shining Shellos East. I am still in the chain, and it is at 43(Only 'cuz I did the same thing.)

Man, I'm on a roll!

*cries in a corner*

*comes out of the corner quickly*

Yay! I just purposely broke a chain of 1 (Ponyta), and guess who was in the patch that I walked into!! 8D
A shiny Geodude! Yay!

Draknir
29th November 2008, 1:25 PM
Was it a Shining Patch? Again, congrats.

I'm off to do more chaining! Oh, by the way, did anybody know that when you chain Shellos, the west side icon appears on the Poketch, regardless of where you are?

*Runs off to wherever today's swarm in Platinum is*
EDIT: Drat. Its Spinda. I would rather chain something other than that.

*Runs off to the Valley Windworks*

LoneStarAkira
29th November 2008, 10:45 PM
Was it a Shining Patch? Again, congrats.

I'm off to do more chaining! Oh, by the way, did anybody know that when you chain Shellos, the west side icon appears on the Poketch, regardless of where you are?

*Runs off to wherever today's swarm in Platinum is*
EDIT: Drat. Its Spinda. I would rather chain something other than that.

*Runs off to the Valley Windworks*

Nope, it was a regular rustling patch. >33 Hehe

Like your piccys on your sig, by the way <3

I'm hoping to get my first shiny on Pearl today! =D Wish me luuuck <3

Kindrindra
29th November 2008, 11:04 PM
I'll make a banner as soon as I can...
Any Ideas what I should aim for as.... MY FIRST POKERADAR SHINY?
I have no clue what would look the coolest, as my three fav pokemon, Umbreon (Eevee), Togetic (Togepi), And Rotom (He's a One time catch, for heven's sake!), are all really lucky... Lately I've been trying to pokeradar Chancys to use Covet on to get a Lucky Egg, but no luck so far... anyone think I might end up getting a shiny while trying to get that really rare Item? By the way, What do shiny patches look like?

See Ya Later!

LoneStarAkira
29th November 2008, 11:27 PM
I'll make a banner as soon as I can...
Any Ideas what I should aim for as.... MY FIRST POKERADAR SHINY?
I have no clue what would look the coolest, as my three fav pokemon, Umbreon (Eevee), Togetic (Togepi), And Rotom (He's a One time catch, for heven's sake!), are all really lucky... Lately I've been trying to pokeradar Chancys to use Covet on to get a Lucky Egg, but no luck so far... anyone think I might end up getting a shiny while trying to get that really rare Item? By the way, What do shiny patches look like?

See Ya Later!

No words can describe what a shiny patch looks like, 'cept: SHINY.

It screams out at you. You KNOW it is there. So don't worry about "missing it" or anything, COS YOU WONT. 8D

I just stepped into one a couple of minutes ago! WOOT!

Chain for something that's in swarm, that'll be good. :3

Yeah. Edit from me.
Haha. Chain of 1. Zigzagoon. *drools* She's stayin' as a Ziggy <3

Her name's Sasha >3

30th November 2008, 12:46 AM
Count me in this club! I'm not against all GTS shinies, only the hacked ones. I've only gotten one shiny of the GTS, a legit untouched Glameow. I was looking for one just for the heck of having one (I have Diamond, so no catching one myself) and I got it for some random Japanese Milotic. NOTHING will ever beat that moment I saw my first shiny patch though *snuggles ultra precious shiny Surskit*.
My current ratio of shinies caught by me to organised trades to organised trades that weren't meant to include a shiny to GTS shinies to pokemon that aren't meant to be in either of my shiny boxes but are cause I can't be stuffed moving 'em is 21:15:1:1:1 *gasps*. My, that was a long sentance.

Drat, my swarm is STILL Beldum. Oh, well, I like a challenge!

Deoxysmatter
30th November 2008, 3:15 AM
Wow, this filled up quick. I still remember when I got my first successful chain. It was a smeargle, and I actually fainted when I saw the patch, but I woke up from falling on the floor. It was a female, which drove me Insane, so I started another chain. I got a shiny patch at 39, but then it mysteriously ended. Another girl...so I chained AGAIN! this chain, however, was fruitful in the fact I got 2 males. I now chain like a pro, like the fact I always end up with a shiny shinx when I EV train in Attack.
I ended up getting another hacked shiny off the GTS. It was a Regigigas, one of those F*** YOU!! ones. but it was only asked for a female Riolu. So no loss.

LoneStarAkira
30th November 2008, 3:20 AM
Count me in this club! I'm not against all GTS shinies, only the hacked ones. I've only gotten one shiny of the GTS, a legit untouched Glameow. I was looking for one just for the heck of having one (I have Diamond, so no catching one myself) and I got it for some random Japanese Milotic. NOTHING will ever beat that moment I saw my first shiny patch though *snuggles ultra precious shiny Surskit*.
My current ratio of shinies caught by me to organised trades to organised trades that weren't meant to include a shiny to GTS shinies to pokemon that aren't meant to be in either of my shiny boxes but are cause I can't be stuffed moving 'em is 21:15:1:1:1 *gasps*. My, that was a long sentance.

Drat, my swarm is STILL Beldum. Oh, well, I like a challenge!

Hehe, welcome to the club! =D

I think it's okay when you get a couple or so from the GTS, especially if they're legit and VERY appealing.

Yeah, my shiny Buizel was so epic. But seeing a shiny patch for the second time was just as great. *probably 'cos I didn't expect it to show on CHAIN ONE*

Lol. I'm never successful with chains, though. It's VERY RARE for me to get past 25, and when I do, I never get a patch. ^^;

My only chains with shinies were 1 and 3. LOL.

Mr. Joker
30th November 2008, 4:48 PM
I would like to join. I have scean a fair share of shinys on the GTS and I dont aprove. I like to hunt shinys alot! I havnt put one on the gts.... Ever!

Kindrindra
30th November 2008, 5:09 PM
Hello, back...
I hate chaining. I must have bad luck... I've got most of the pokemon you can only get with Pokeradar, but never a shiny! Last night, I stayed up 'till one, chaining bidoofs, starlys, buizels, Shinxs (If I get one of these, I will huggle it and never, ever, ever, let it go), Shellos, Pachirisus, and I attempted to get a Swablu Chain... didn't work...
So, I won't miss it?... Does it look anything like the shiny thing when you encounter a shiny pokemon?
Reminds me when I got my first and only D/P shiny... A geodude :P... I was randomly walking along that route between Veilstone and The... Azelf lakefront, training some guys, and BOOM! Shiny Dude!... Found It after playing diamond for a total 500 hours... Now I've played for over 700 Hours, and I haven't found another yet... Back to chaining for me!

See Ya Later!

arcanumghost
30th November 2008, 7:19 PM
Chaining is pretty rough. I wish I was better at it, but I've only ever gotten to 40 once (happened to be a shinx, which I absolutely love).

30th November 2008, 9:21 PM
Kindrindra: Don't fret to much, as LoneStarAkira said, shiny patches are kinda hard to miss. If you are able to, I suggest looking at some videos on YouTube, there are several showing what shiny patches look like. As for getting your chain up, I don't have many suggestions other than read the guides if you haven't already (and possibly even if you have to make sure that you don't miss anything). I find it easier tho chain when my attention is split between twoo activites, like chaining and watching TV or listening to my iPod.

LoneStarAkira
30th November 2008, 11:15 PM
I would like to join. I have scean a fair share of shinys on the GTS and I dont aprove. I like to hunt shinys alot! I havnt put one on the gts.... Ever!

Hehe, awesome! Welcome to the club!

Hello, back...
I hate chaining. I must have bad luck... I've got most of the pokemon you can only get with Pokeradar, but never a shiny! Last night, I stayed up 'till one, chaining bidoofs, starlys, buizels, Shinxs (If I get one of these, I will huggle it and never, ever, ever, let it go), Shellos, Pachirisus, and I attempted to get a Swablu Chain... didn't work...
So, I won't miss it?... Does it look anything like the shiny thing when you encounter a shiny pokemon?
Reminds me when I got my first and only D/P shiny... A geodude :P... I was randomly walking along that route between Veilstone and The... Azelf lakefront, training some guys, and BOOM! Shiny Dude!... Found It after playing diamond for a total 500 hours... Now I've played for over 700 Hours, and I haven't found another yet... Back to chaining for me!

See Ya Later!

I know how annoying it feels. D: I really do.
I didn't find a single shiny on any of the DS games for a whole year. Then BAM! I find 3 in four days!! *and one before that*

The shiny patch GLOWS. It's very very easy to notice, especially on Platinum *lol it's a real shocker when it's RIGHT NEXT to you*, so you honestly won't miss it.

I always worried that I would miss it, too. But after I saw it, I knew what it was!

Keep chaining. If you stop chaining, you won't get a chance to get one, will you? ^^ They'll come in time. They did for me, and I suck at chaining! =D

Kindrindra
1st December 2008, 12:35 AM
Watched some vids, and I'm back.
Especialy on platinum? Now I REALLY wish I could read Japanese.
Back for trying to get a shiny Shinx..

See Ya Later!

arcanumghost
2nd December 2008, 6:11 AM
I've been working on trying to get a shiny vulpix to give to my friend for christmas, and I finally got a chain all the way up to 40 (only my second chain to get that high) and right afterwards I pressed down by accident and ran in to a starly. *sigh* I'll start again soon... Hopefully though having gotten this chain up to 40 only a few weeks after getting my first 40 chain means I'm getting better at chaining and not that I'm just getting lucky a few times.

LoneStarAkira
2nd December 2008, 8:31 PM
I've been working on trying to get a shiny vulpix to give to my friend for christmas, and I finally got a chain all the way up to 40 (only my second chain to get that high) and right afterwards I pressed down by accident and ran in to a starly. *sigh* I'll start again soon... Hopefully though having gotten this chain up to 40 only a few weeks after getting my first 40 chain means I'm getting better at chaining and not that I'm just getting lucky a few times.

Ooowwwch D:: That would have really sucked. D<

I'm going for a shiny Bulbasaur now. It's gonna take me FOREVER D::

Still trying for a shiny Ponyta on Plat, too. But no such luck. )=

Oh, what's you guys' opinions on Pokeradaring heaps of shinies just to trade 'em?

Mr. Joker
2nd December 2008, 10:44 PM
Im in!!! Today my swarm is Beldum so I wont chain becouse I am no good at chaining in Sandstoms. I am thinking of mabey doing eggs. Anyways I saw a shiny Kekleon yesterday and it was asking for a Celebi. It was hacked more then likely. Today I got a shiny Mime Jr. I releced it. Luckily I put a Shinx for it. Are their any current topics?

LoneStarAkira
2nd December 2008, 11:16 PM
Im in!!! Today my swarm is Beldum so I wont chain becouse I am no good at chaining in Sandstoms. I am thinking of mabey doing eggs. Anyways I saw a shiny Kekleon yesterday and it was asking for a Celebi. It was hacked more then likely. Today I got a shiny Mime Jr. I releced it. Luckily I put a Shinx for it. Are their any current topics?

Not really. >3 You can bring up a new topic though, if you want.

*is running out of ideas LOL since she can't access GTS... >_> </emulator>*

Missingno. Master
3rd December 2008, 2:27 AM
Tyrogue hate me. It's the only explanation.

Every single stinkin' Tyrogue chain I've EVER started has never gotten past 28. EVER. Including the one I did today, which some Meditite broke at 27.

LoneStarAkira
3rd December 2008, 3:14 AM
Tyrogue hate me. It's the only explanation.

Every single stinkin' Tyrogue chain I've EVER started has never gotten past 28. EVER. Including the one I did today, which some Meditite broke at 27.

They don't like me either, trust me. O.o

My chains with them either go well, and end horribly, or they just don't go well at all! D::

Kindrindra
3rd December 2008, 4:11 AM
Our opinion on getting heaps of shinys just to trade them?

I am soooo totally against it. Honestly, If I got a lot of shinys, even if they were the same pokemon, I would care about them all. Even if pokemon look the same, they each have unique twists that make them different. You can even teach them different attacks for different strategies!
Every pokemon should get a chance to shine.

See Ya Later!

Mr. Joker
3rd December 2008, 5:26 AM
I have a topic
What was the oddest thing you have ever seen on the GTS
Mine was a Shiny Miolotic under the Charmanders at level 77!

migas140
3rd December 2008, 2:38 PM
May I join your club? I'm totally against hacked shinies on the GTS, I actually only saw 2 probably hacked shinies (Lv.99 shiny Skunktank and Lv.100 shiny Dialga) but I have seen another hack (a Lv. 22 Scyther nicknamed ?????????? and holding a Master Ball).
I love all my shinies, and I won't trade them ever! Anything that look long time to chain or SR won't be traded!

LoneStarAkira
3rd December 2008, 9:18 PM
Welcome to the club!! =D

Hehe, Mr. Joker, it's nice to see my banner on someone's sig! *feels special*

>3 I haven't seen anything odd on the GTS yet. >_> *is still trying to get a real DS LOL*

migas140
3rd December 2008, 9:32 PM
Thanks for the welcoming. BTW, LoneStarAkira, may I use your banner on my sig? I guess it would be a nice way to advertise for the club. (And my sig would be much better :))

Draknir
4th December 2008, 10:30 PM
Ooh. Too tough. I would have to say a Garchomp that showed Spiritomb. This was before I knew of the glithch that shows the pokemon asked for instead, so it was rather odd.

LoneStarAkira
4th December 2008, 10:49 PM
Ooh. Too tough. I would have to say a Garchomp that showed Spiritomb. This was before I knew of the glithch that shows the pokemon asked for instead, so it was rather odd.

Wow! Really? That's...pretty wierd. O__o

And of course you can use my banner, Migas. :3 Anyone in the club can <3 I'll make more soon, too.

Mr. Joker
7th December 2008, 5:13 PM
Okay I wanna make a new topic!:
How meany shiny have you seen on da GTS?

I have seen meany. I have got a shiny Skymory, Pinco, Bonsly, and a shiny bidoof. I did releace all of them. Oh yeah I got a shiny Manaphy, hacked...

LoneStarAkira
11th December 2008, 8:52 PM
Okay I wanna make a new topic!:
How meany shiny have you seen on da GTS?

I have seen meany. I have got a shiny Skymory, Pinco, Bonsly, and a shiny bidoof. I did releace all of them. Oh yeah I got a shiny Manaphy, hacked...

Hahaha. I haven't seen any yet. >3 But I probably will when I get myself a REAL DS and a REAL Diamond next Wednesday. >DD

I'll add another question to this, so I can bring this thread back to life!:

What would be your dream shiny encounter?

Mine would be completely unexpected. Something rare. And something that you would never imagine to find as a shiny. Like, on Sapphire. A Seviper, maybe? Or maybe even the roaming Latias! 8D

I'll be making banners today. Sorry for not being active. D::

arcanumghost
11th December 2008, 10:27 PM

Mine would be completely unexpected. Something rare. And something that you would never imagine to find as a shiny. Like, on Sapphire. A Seviper, maybe? Or maybe even the roaming Latias! 8D

My registeel was a completely random encounter actually, but I'd say my dream shiny encounter would be Charmander... or maybe Mewtwo...

LoneStarAkira
11th December 2008, 11:10 PM
My registeel was a completely random encounter actually, but I'd say my dream shiny encounter would be Charmander... or maybe Mewtwo...

Whoa, are you serious!? Now THAT would have been an awesome encounter!!

It'd be cool to start a new game, and send out your Charmander or something, and BOOM! It shines. 8D

Alright. I'm starting a couple of new banners now. They'll be the same size and format as the one currently on my sig. If anyone has ideas of what some should look like, or what some of them should say *like a phrase or something*, let me know! =D

EDIT: two new banners

http://i36.*******.com/nw7ck.gif
http://i38.*******.com/23h107c.gif

One is just a redo of the first banner, so there's a little variation. And the other one is pretty much new. I'll make more, and if anyone wants specific quotes of Pokemon on one, for themselves, just let me know.

These will be added to the first post.

Kindrindra
12th December 2008, 2:00 AM
Our dream shiny?
...Eevee.
Think about it. You go to get the Eevee from Bebe (Or Cyntia if your playing Platinum), Your like "Ya! Eevee!" Then... You go to train it and...
*Plll-ing-shing! Klin-Klin...*
That would be sooo cool! Blue hooped umbreon... ^_^

See Ya Later!

arcanumghost
12th December 2008, 2:13 AM
Geez, I wish I could have more images in my signature because those look amazing. I wanted to put a shiny bar similar in style to the two I already have, and I might make it switch to a thing that says Anti-GTS shiny club, Real Shiny Hunters catch their own shinies or something like that.

bentley1994
12th December 2008, 1:46 PM
Can i join?

LoneStarAkira
12th December 2008, 10:31 PM
Can i join?

You sure can! :3 I'll add you to the list.

Just tell us your view on GTS shinies, and what you like most about shinies that are caught properly. >3

Draknir
13th December 2008, 12:27 AM
Well, what do you think?
*Points to Name*
Yeah. I keep hoping that I would be able to get one in my Colosseum game.

carlapsykhe
13th December 2008, 12:28 AM
Can I join?

Well, I've only seen a shiny Mew on the GTS and didn't trade it. The person was asking for an impossible thing. I think almost all of them are hacked. I have a friend who has lots of shinies from the GTS and when I help him trading from his diamond to his pearl version I see that many of them have spaces at the end of the name or all contest atributes max. He even gave me a shiny feebas with all contest atributes max. I think Nintendo should let us see the summary before trading.

I think I have almost two boxes full of shinies, but most of them were traded with friends of another forum. But of course I love more the shinies I caught. I love when I see the shining patch of grass. Some days ago I was thinking that I should chain for a shinx, I already got one from a trade but it's not the same thing. Today my swarm pokemon is snubbull and I'm chaining it, although I have it too from a trade.

On the other hand, I have nothing against cloned pokemon. I live in Brazil and we never had a nintendo event here and I think we will never have. So if people didn't clone I don't think I would ever have Celebi or other events. But I hate when I think about my shinies being cloned all over the GTS. Maybe if they make more wifi events I'll change my opinion and stop getting cloned events pokemon. Specially cause I love to catch them and see my name on them.

* Oh, and sorry about the big text and for any wrong spelling. English is not my first language, although I've lived in Los Angeles for some time.

LoneStarAkira
13th December 2008, 1:29 AM
Can I join?

Well, I've only seen a shiny Mew on the GTS and didn't trade it. The person was asking for an impossible thing. I think almost all of them are hacked. I have a friend who has lots of shinies from the GTS and when I help him trading from his diamond to his pearl version I see that many of them have spaces at the end of the name or all contest atributes max. He even gave me a shiny feebas with all contest atributes max. I think Nintendo should let us see the summary before trading.

I think I have almost two boxes full of shinies, but most of them were traded with friends of another forum. But of course I love more the shinies I caught. I love when I see the shining patch of grass. Some days ago I was thinking that I should chain for a shinx, I already got one from a trade but it's not the same thing. Today my swarm pokemon is snubbull and I'm chaining it, although I have it too from a trade.

On the other hand, I have nothing against cloned pokemon. I live in Brazil and we never had a nintendo event here and I think we will never have. So if people didn't clone I don't think I would ever have Celebi or other events. But I hate when I think about my shinies being cloned all over the GTS. Maybe if they make more wifi events I'll change my opinion and stop getting cloned events pokemon. Specially cause I love to catch them and see my name on them.

* Oh, and sorry about the big text and for any wrong spelling. English is not my first language, although I've lived in Los Angeles for some time.

Welcome to the club! :3

When it comes to cloning, I'm against, and for it. I mean, the only time I would ever clone, would be my shinies, if I were to migrate them to Diamond. Because if my Diamond were to ever mess up, and the game gets lost, I'll still have the originals back on the GBA games.

I'm okay with people cloning Pokemon, as long as it's not used to their advantage, sort of thing. ^^;

New Zealand doesn't get any events either, so I probably wouldn't mind if I traded for a cloned Event Pokemon. So long as it's legit.

Draknir
13th December 2008, 2:12 AM
Just saying, I can make banners like the one in my sig for all who want them. Just drop me a PM or a VM with what you want on it, and I'll get back to you with it.

I managed to catch a Shining Shinx 4 days ago in my Pearl. Whle it wasn't the nature I would have liked, its still my first one in Pearl ever, so its quite an accomplishment for me. I would have gotten a Shining Voltorb, had the chain not broken on 39. Yeah, I was mad.

LoneStarAkira
13th December 2008, 7:58 AM
Just saying, I can make banners like the one in my sig for all who want them. Just drop me a PM or a VM with what you want on it, and I'll get back to you with it.

I managed to catch a Shining Shinx 4 days ago in my Pearl. Whle it wasn't the nature I would have liked, its still my first one in Pearl ever, so its quite an accomplishment for me. I would have gotten a Shining Voltorb, had the chain not broken on 39. Yeah, I was mad.

You can still get shinies pretty easy on chains of 39. It's just 1/100 instead of 1/50. Just takes some extra resetting. :3

Well, he hasn't posted yet, but Arcadian-Death has joined the club. He's new here on Serebii, but he knows about GTS and shinies and stuff. >3

He hasn't encountered anything fishy on the GTS yet. Like me, he doesn't have a proper Diamond/Pearl/Platinum game yet. But he's not a fan on cloned shinies and excessive trading. ^^;

Kindrindra
19th December 2008, 3:05 AM
Hello! Back again.

I'm just going to agree with the fact nintendo should make us able to see the summarys before we trade. That way, we could probally be able to tell if they were hacked.

See Ya Later!

Draknir
20th December 2008, 1:58 PM
New topic to bring the club back to life:

What is your current wanted Shining/Shiny list?
Mine are:
Darkrai
Shellos West Sea
Gligar
Skarmory
Noctowl
Starly
Magnemite

Bold, Italic, and underline means I REALLY want it.

These are my CURRENT ones, so I'm sure I'll update it later.

Babs
20th December 2008, 2:44 PM
Can I join? I hate Gts shinies... they are mostly hacked, I got today an english Hacked shiny newmoonisland Darkrai. I feel so ripped off, i offered one of my well trained pokemon and I got a hacked pokemon back...
I chain my shinies that is hard too but getting them from the gts is too easy

Kindrindra
21st December 2008, 11:35 PM
Uh... Babs, how dd you know the Darkrai was hacked?

Wanted shiny list... Hmm...

Eevee
Shinx
Rotom
Sentret
Togepi
Nidoran. Gender is unimportant.
Riolu
Manaphy (Yay, right)
Mew (I know, I'm dreaming)
Pione (Hmm... Possable.... If I breed My pokemon Ranger Manaphy to Infinity and Beyond >.<)

See Ya Later!

Babs
22nd December 2008, 9:01 AM

Wanted shiny list... Hmm...

Eevee
Shinx
Rotom
Sentret
Togepi
Nidoran. Gender is unimportant.
Riolu
Manaphy (Yay, right)
Mew (I know, I'm dreaming)
Pione (Hmm... Possable.... If I breed My pokemon Ranger Manaphy to Infinity and Beyond >.<)

See Ya Later!

Uhm... I have shiny eevee's, shinxes and togepi's^^

And I know it because its English and its IV's are all 31

migas140
22nd December 2008, 9:53 AM
What's your wanted shiny list?

AZELF
Zangoose
Ponyta
Swellow
Bidoof
Snover
Absol

And I think that's it.

Skeletim
22nd December 2008, 1:16 PM
Hey Akira? May I join? (I found the club from the link in your signature from your sprite thread :3)

I can only use GTS at my friend's house unfortunately, but I've seen heaps of shinies off it. I'm against hacked shinies, but not against legit ones on GTS, especially if they have a hard (but fair) trading requirement. My only shiny of GTS is an azumarill, which I had to level my gengar 4 levels to get! (That's what I mean about not all GTS shinies not having the spark of getting one, I swear the azumarill would''ve gone by the time i had gengar ready!)

I have 6 other shinies too, Crobat, Rapidash, Bellossom, Manetric, Tentacruel and Walrein, all random encounters, I am horrible at chaining. Don't try and help me I gave up. Although, by the sounds of platinum, chaining is a lot easier (1/100, that's insane! The random encounter rate is 1/8000 and something)

That isn't a glitch, it means the pokemon has already been traded. I've seen it quite a bit

I'm pretty sure Darkrai can't be caught on Newmoon island since it was a giveaway event not a go-and-catch-him event (Which really takes the meaning out of Pokemon's motto) but he does appear if you hack to walk through everything to where newmoonisleand would be = hacks

Hope I get in, Skeletim

Draknir
22nd December 2008, 3:49 PM
That isn't a glitch, it means the pokemon has already been traded. I've seen it quite a bit

I'm pretty sure Darkrai can't be caught on Newmoon island since it was a giveaway event not a go-and-catch-him event (Which really takes the meaning out of Pokemon's motto) but he does appear if you hack to walk through everything to where newmoonisleand would be = hacks
Actually it has been proven that sometimes the Sprite and Name of the Offered Pokemon can become the ones of the Pokemon asked for.

Plus, for Platinum New Moon Island Darkrais have been Released(I'm stuck at New Moon Island Myself trying to get a Shining one!).

Kindrindra
22nd December 2008, 7:37 PM
It being english doesn't mean it's hacked, but...
All IVs were 31?!?! Okay, It's defenately hacked.

LoneStarAkira
23rd December 2008, 4:50 AM
Hey Akira? May I join? (I found the club from the link in your signature from your sprite thread :3)

Welcome to the club! You too, Babs!

I can only use GTS at my friend's house unfortunately, but I've seen heaps of shinies off it. I'm against hacked shinies, but not against legit ones on GTS, especially if they have a hard (but fair) trading requirement. My only shiny of GTS is an azumarill, which I had to level my gengar 4 levels to get! (That's what I mean about not all GTS shinies not having the spark of getting one, I swear the azumarill would''ve gone by the time i had gengar ready!)

I'd still like at least one shiny from the GTS, but I doubt anyone would have any there that are nicknamed the way I like. ^^;

I have 6 other shinies too, Crobat, Rapidash, Bellossom, Manetric, Tentacruel and Walrein, all random encounters, I am horrible at chaining. Don't try and help me I gave up. Although, by the sounds of platinum, chaining is a lot easier (1/100, that's insane! The random encounter rate is 1/8000 and something)

I love the shinies you have!! Although, the chances of finding a shiny patch on Plat is exactly the same as it is on Pearl. I dunno who told you that it was easier. O__o Although, I've had some INCREDIBLE luck with chaining on Plat. 2 chain of 1 shinies, and 2 chain of 3 shinies, as well as 2 shiny Pachirisus I caught at 40, and 2 random encounters.

The shiny patch rate gets better as you chain, so it isn't any different than Plat. ^^;

I honestly had no idea of such activity here! D8 This club doesn't show up highlighted on the Club list, so I don't really pay much attention to it unless it is...

In no particular order:
Swellow
Giratina *which I know I'll NEVER get*
Budew
Shinx *been chaining for AGES*
Snorunt
Ponyta
Any shiny starter
And...anything, really. >D As long as it isn't another Starly!! I already have a shiny Starly and Staraptor... Unless it's a Staravia, I don't need any more. @_@

Skeletim
23rd December 2008, 7:02 AM
The rate's in Pearl/Platinum are the same? Interesting... So you nickname every pokemon? I don't nickname anything in the first game of a gen (Pearl/Diamond) but nickname everything in the second game (Platinum), Or I will anyway, I haven't got platinum yet, but that's what I did for gold/crystal and ruby/emerald.

TOTODILE!!!
Charizard (It looks sweet)

That's pretty much it, although i'd love to have shinies of any pokemon really.

LoneStarAkira
23rd December 2008, 8:44 AM
Here's another question:

What are your current shinies? What games are they from, and how did you recieve/find them?
Crap. Mine's gonna be a looooooong list...

Pokemon Crystal:
Buffy/Wigglytuff - Odd Egg
Keira/Raichu - Odd Egg
Sparkle/Butterfree - Ilex Forest, Level 5
Lystia/Dragonite - Bred Dratini with shiny Gyarados
Shimmer/Beedrill - Bred Weedle with shiny Butterfree
Shore/Horsea - Bred Horsea with shiny Gyarados
Breeze/Seadra - Bred Horsea with shiny Gyarados
Typhoon/Kingdra - Bred Horsea with shiny Gyarados
Jewel/Azumarill - Bred Marill with shiny Kingdra
Reine/Chinchou - Bred Chinchou with shiny Gyarados

Leaf Green:
Boltar/Magneton - Power Plant, Level 25

Fire Red:
Spaklebat/Crobat - Mt. Moon, Level 7 *yes, I understand I misspelt the nick*
Avalanche/Geodude - Mt. Moon, Level 7

Sapphire
Shinegull/Pelipper - Route 103, Level 22
Sienna/Linoone - Route 117, Level 14
Surge/Electrode - New Mauville, Level 24

Emerald
Rukin/Spinda - Route 113, Level 14
Forge/Camerupt - Found on a Rom hack at Level 2. *the shiny itself is legit, though. I swear*
Golaith/Mightyena - Route 117, Level 13

Platinum:
Ark/Aako/Staraptor - Route 201, Level 2, random encounter
Ace/Eisu/Starly - Route 201, Level 3, Pokeradar chain of 3
Ascela/Asera/Floatzel - Route 213, Level 23, Pokeradar chain of 3
Esper/Esupaa/Chimecho - Route 211, Level 15 *I think*, Pokeradar chain of 1
Sasha/Sasha/Zigzagoon - Route 202, Level 3, Pokeradar chain of 1
Slyde/Suraido/Graveler - Route 210 South, Level 18, random encounter
Yuuko/Yuuko/Pachirisu - Route 205, Level 11, Pokeradar chain of 40
Olari/Oraarii/Pachirisu - Route 205, Level 11, Pokeradar chain of 40

Looks like I'm not gonna be on the computer for a while. Mum's digging into my personal life and is being suspiscious just because I have a habit of closing down msn convos often. )=<

DVB
26th December 2008, 2:49 PM
I got my first shiny from Pokemon Pearl! A Level 51 Roselia. This is my first modern shiny and my second shiny total.

Pokemon Gold:
Venonat- Headbutt trees-Ilex Forest-Level 11

Pokemon Pearl:
Roselia- PokeRadar-Route 225-Level 51

LoneStarAkira
26th December 2008, 8:58 PM
Cool! :3 Shiny Roselias would be awesome to have! Congratulations. <33

Well, I update my list with 6 shiny Shinxes on Platinum, and a shiny Ponyta which one of my friends here gave to me.

It's my very first traded shiny, so... yeah. ^^;; But she's awesome. <33 And I'm not planning on getting any more traded ones, unless it's VERY VERY tempting. >3 Gotta stick by my rule here, eh?

Mr. Joker
27th December 2008, 3:05 AM
Well sorry I havn't been on lately!!! I have been chaining but only a little luck. I have got a shiny Wurmple and I also got a Poochiana! @ LoneStarAkira great job!!! I love the new banners and congrats on the Shinxs!!! I think im goin for them next!!!

DVB
27th December 2008, 3:47 AM
Using a friend's Leaf Green, I went to Route 209 and got a Shiny Vupix, which I evolved into Shiny Ninetails.

Kindrindra
1st January 2009, 8:43 PM
Current Shinys?

Well, If I could find my gold version and gameboy color... Anyway, I do remember having a shiny Crabby and a shiny Venonat (Bug catching contest) In gold... and, of course, the red gyradous.

In daimond... Pretty much only my shiny geodude I got from random encounter... And I've been trying to chain ANYTHING for ages!]

See Ya Later!

Draknir
4th January 2009, 10:53 PM
What are your current shinies? What games are they from, and how did you recieve/find them?

Emerald:
Beautifly-Petalburg Woods at Lv.5(I nearly fainted when I saw it)

Pearl(I have so many through trades, so I'll only post the ones I've Caught):
Shinx-Route 202 at Lv.3(Synchronizer didn't work >.<)
Crobat(Currently in Platinum for Training!)-Route 204 at Lv.4(Synchronizer worked! ^.^)
Ponyta-Route 214 at Lv.23

Platinum:
Snover-Acuity Lakefront Lv.33(Doesn't make up for the fact I lost a Shining Abra in the SAME SAVE FILE!)
Doduo-Route 201 at Lv.2
Shellos-Route 213 at Lv.20
Drowzee-Route 215 at Lv.19

As you can see, I have not chained an evolved Pokemon, and all but two of my 8 Shinings that I caught are Random Encounters.

LoneStarAkira
7th February 2009, 1:39 AM
Darn, this place has collected dust for a while. :/ Sorry that I haven't been active with this club, guys.

Maybe we need to think of some more discussion topics. That could help things go a bit better...

Have you ever seen a shiny on the GTS that you really wanted? And why?
One. A Lopunny. Female, shiny, Japanese. Heck, she was even NICKNAMED! Nicknames are a must for me. She was so gorgeous, and the only thing the person was asking for was a Lopunny level 80 and up.

I didn't have one though. D:

migas140
8th February 2009, 9:13 AM
Wow, I'ven't posted here for a while. Haven't played much Pok&#233;mon, though.

Yeah, a Golem. All he wanted was a Zapdos, but I had traded mine to someone before. I rushed to get my Emerald, get a Zapdos to migrate and try to trade it...but it was too late. Oh well.

Draknir
16th February 2009, 12:02 AM
Yep. It was a German Haunter. All they were asking for was a Female Croagunk. Unfortunately, I was unable to obtain one. Ironically the last time I checked that night, it was still on there. I'm a sucker for German Pokemon for some reason(I'm even taking German next year so I can possible obtain a German copy of DPPt just for the heck of it).

LoneStarAkira
8th March 2009, 8:27 AM
Far out... I'm so sorry that I haven't been keeping this club alive. >: I'll try to do my best to keep things going!

There isn't really too much to talk about at the moment with the GTS, I guess. D: So, again, I may have to add another question:

If you had the option to change the GTS to make things easier and less risky, what would you change?
In my opinion, it's more the fact that you can actually ASK for hacked Pokemon that really bothers me. People can request a level 9 or under Celebi, yet that's impossible without cheats.
Obviously it would be VERY difficult to make it reasonable for all 493 Pokemon, but if they could do that to eliminate the stupid hacked Pokemon, it would be so much better.

Kindrindra
8th March 2009, 10:59 PM
Hmm... I would make it so you didn't have to have seen the pokemon to trade for it. Oh, and I would add a feature that made it impossible to upload hacked pokemon.

See Ya Later!

Draknir
13th March 2009, 2:48 AM
If you had the option to change the GTS to make things easier and less risky, what would you change?
Probably being able to view all stats of the Pokemon before trading it(Although Platinum is but one step closer to it than Diamond/Pearl were by allowing you to view the OT).

Mence Master
19th March 2009, 2:37 AM
Hey there!
This is an awesome club, and it seems very nice!
I believe that shinies should not be allowed on the GTS, obviously. First off, it's unfair to those of us who work hard to get them. Second off, 90% of them are hacked. Simply put, it was a huge mistake to allow shinies on it. Hopefully they will change the games with something of this effect someday, but we can only wait.
So with that; may I please join?

LoneStarAkira
19th March 2009, 6:26 AM
Accepted. :3 Welcome to the club.

Don't really know what to bring up in this club. LOL. Anyone got any ideas? D:

arcanumghost
19th March 2009, 3:01 PM
@Mence Master lol, you're looking for a shiny registeel are you? I happened upon one and caught it with a masterball immediately, what shinies do you have? I have Registeel, Nidoran Male, Ralts, and Shinx... one of each.

Also, I don't have any good ideas... only rehashed ideas I have are discuss what we're currently looking for and certain shiny hunting techniques. I know that may not be what this thread is about, but it's relevant and interesting to people who might stop by here.

Mence Master
20th March 2009, 9:36 PM
I'll only list my random shinies.
First: Numel. I fled; didn't know what shinies were.
Second: Uxie. After 12,000 SRs, it shone =D
Third: Darkrai. The day after Uxie. & it only took 100 SRs!
Fourth: Poochyena. DAMN YOU SAPPHIRE STARTERS! Anywhere from 5-10 Hundred SRs.
Fifth: Rayquaza. Ten minutes after Poochyena. 6,000 SRs.
Sixth: Registeel. About 3,200 Resets in, I SRed over a shiny one. Poor lighting and all x[

And... Hm...
I can't think of a topic either. Crap xP

LoneStarAkira
21st March 2009, 1:24 AM
I'm gonna change around the rules on this club a bit, because only talking about the GTS seems to lack alot of discussion. Shinies are allowed to be discussed here also, since we are talking about shinies that we've hunted ourselves.

Just make sure not to go TOO off topic. >DD

Wow, MM. I love your shinies. <3 All of my random encounter shinies seem to be really common Pokemon. :/ I'm craving a RARE one, and I'm still not getting it! *flails*

Alloute
21st March 2009, 1:34 AM
I had a Shiny Magikarp and I wanted a Giratina for it, so I put it on GTS. But yeah, I got a Japanese Giratina that was most likely hacked, it is so annoying, but whatever.

Now I only have two Shinies, so yeah I agree 100% with this anti-GTS Shinies Club. Just wanted to let everyone know teehee.

Mence Master
21st March 2009, 1:34 AM
Okay, will do Captain. xP
Haha, thanks, but I haven't caught that many, unfortunately. Tangela still refuses to shine. AND NO, I WON'T TAKE YOUR HAX'T SHINY TANGELA FOR MY PWNSME BIDOOF! xD
I used to have GTS shinies back before I got into shiny hunting, and they either ended up deleted or given away. I can thank my awesome shiny Aron (Now deceased) for this. xD
I've seen some shinies that I believe to be legit on the GTS, and I've given away some of my chained shinies over it. But I have seen some definite hacks over it as well. For example, when Platinum came out, everyone wanted a Lv. 9 and Under Regigigas. Someone made a hacked shiny one, and named it **** YOU!!!!... So it's obvious that hacks, or any shinies for that matter are not banned, which is unfortunate.

Also, I looked at your shinies. Random Golem x2, Linoone, Magneton, Spinda, Venomoth, Spinda, and Crobat seem pretty rare and awesome to me. x|

LoneStarAkira
18th April 2009, 2:57 AM
Sorry guys, I'm gonna close the club. It's a waste of space, and there's not really anything much to discuss anymore.

I'm not handing the club to anyone else either, sorry. It'll just wind up sitting on the last page like it has been for the past several months.

:/ Sorry again

Sweet May
18th April 2009, 12:59 PM
Closed upon club owner's request.