PDA

View Full Version : The Fire Emblem club

Zorg
25th November 2008, 7:03 AM
Well I looked through the non-dead clubs a couple of times and *gasp* no FE club-the horror. First of all, some things you have to do to join and just... well rules:

before joining:

*name your favourite 5 non-lord characters in any of the FE games.
*name the main lords for any of the games.
*make sure you've played one of the games!!!
*State why you want to join

rules:

*NO spamming
*make sure every post is at least three sentences long.
*Follow the normal Serebii rules
*No trolling
*Stay on topic
*Don't worry to much but still-watch your spelling...
*Don't ask to help me as a owner. I will reconise people who are being responsible and know a lot about FE
*Have fun, make topics but stay sensible
*No double posting

Also i will be looking for some people to help run this club

Please follow ALL of these rules...

If you break a rule, edit it before an owner notices it or risk getting reported to a mod.

Punishments:

Break a rule:

1: 1st warning
2: 2nd warning
3: suspended for 1 week
4: suspended for 1 month
5: Permenatly band

Owners/co-owners:

Zorg
Treeconator11
Sapphire Phoenix
darklord18

Members:
GrizzlyB
Treeconator11
Rotrum
Solstice
Sapphire Phoenix
Darklord18
TheCookieCutter
Blazios
KurashiDragon19

Claimed Characters:

6:

7:

Lucius-Zorg
Florina-Solstice
Serra-Solstice

8:

Joshua-Treeconator11
Colm-Rotrum
Cormag-Rotrum
Lyon-Sapphire Phoenix

9:

Nephenee-GrizzlyB
Haar-Treeconator11

10:

Haar-Treeconator11
Soren-Sapphire Phoenix

Characters of the week:

Oujay - Week 1

Wil

Lyon

palingensia
26th November 2008, 9:32 PM
Yeah man count me in.

- Raven, Priscilla, Lucius, Canas, Guy. All from 7.
- Hector, Eliwood, Lyn. All from 7 again.
- I've played 7 and 8, but you know that.
- I would like to join because Fire Emblem is just plain awesometasticness, and it is one of the best series to grace the Gameboy Advance. It is a very nice challenge for those who can be bothered. ^_^

GrizzlyB
27th November 2008, 12:40 AM
Some sort of Fire Emblem club? Fudge yes. Count me in.

* Probably Sain, Fiora, Karel, Tana, and L'Arachel.
* Roy, Eliwood, and Eirika? Or do you mean each one in every game?
* I've only played 7 and 8, since they're the only ones to come stateside.
* Fire Emblem is the greatest video game series known to man.

And if you actually do need assistance running this thing, I can help you.

Treeconator11
27th November 2008, 12:59 AM
Heck yes, but why aren't you including FE 9 and 10

Favorite nonlords:Innes, Dozla, Seth, Colm, and Myyrh. They scored points in the endgame for me

Lords: Eliwood, Lin, Hector, Roy, Erika, and Epriham Not sure if I spelled some right.

Only played 8, but herd about the others.

This seems like a fun club, so I'll join

@Rotrum: I think Dec. 5

Time Line Thing!

GBA---------GBA---------GBA---------GC---------Wii-------------DS

rotrum
27th November 2008, 1:12 AM
Can I join, and do you need some co-owners?

Nonlords: Joshua Colm Neimi Marisa Lute Artur Ewan

Lord: Ephraim.

ONly played 8

I want to join becuase I really liek this game...does anyone know when the FE for the DS is coming out in NA?

Zorg
27th November 2008, 3:13 AM
Ok, results:

New members:

Otaku-dono
rotrum
treeconator11
grizzlyB

New co-owners:

Otaku-dono-my brother so i know that he is well informed with FE
GrizzlyB-i have seen him around and seems responsible, he's also played 2 of the games...
treeconator11-seems well informed and enthusiasm(spelling sorry)
rotrum-good choice of fave characters :) and... yea

question answers:

why arnt i doing 9 + 10? Mainly because i havent played them... the gba ones are good enough...

palingensia
27th November 2008, 6:57 AM
Well, sounds like a topic time, no?

Hardest chapter in any of the ones you've played?
I'm going to have to say 16x is one of the annoying ones in FE7. The one where you get Canas for those who don't know it. Also, the one where Jaffar comes along and you get Nino.

Oh, and are we going to have character claiming?

GrizzlyB
27th November 2008, 7:06 AM

If it counts, possibly the top floor of the Lagdou Ruins. Eh, actually, there are probably quite a few harder missions than that in HHM.

I'm going to have to say 16x is one of the annoying ones in FE7. The one where you get Canas for those who don't know it.

But that's only if you insist on charging headlong into the pirates. Otherwise, that's one of the easier missions out there.

And if we do claim characters, dibs on Stefan.

Treeconator11
27th November 2008, 12:51 PM
Hardest Chapter in any game I've played?

Has to be 15 in FE 8. Had to promote Knoll to summnor, and just spam clones. I had good units, but so many enemies, plus the rout condition is hell. Also it had two bosses who you had to kill, and Valter had Peirce, the other was simple though, at least.

Charater claiming? I call Joshua.

Solstice
27th November 2008, 2:12 PM
*Wants to join*

Fire Emblem is my favourite series. Played 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, but 6 and 8 as rom.
5 favourite chars from 6: Sue, Thany, Lugh, Clarine and Fir/Lilina
From 7: Ninian, Serra, Florina, Rebecca and Nino
From 8: Neimi, Lute, Marisa, Myrrh and Tana
Favourite lords: Lyn and Eirika
Hmm, all girls ^^

Hardest chapter? Well, TSS was way too easy. Blazing Sword had some hard levels though. I got stuck many time on chapter 26 and 26x. Sword Of Seals is even harder. I'm still stuck in the chapter where you get Klein and Lalum.

Zorg
27th November 2008, 6:30 PM
yea that chapter in six is really hard, no matter what path you're on its like impossible to rescue all the allys. I can't remember exacly but the x mission in FE7 of the lv where you get renault and it's mint training, do it in like 20 days and you go to the x. In the x, you can only use 3 mabey 4 characters, also every enemy is promoted and you have to kill kisuna(magic seal)

I'm claiming Lucius - He is the mintist mage ever, even though he has bad defence...

Solstice, your in

GrizzlyB
27th November 2008, 8:33 PM
Why don't we just make this a general Fire Emblem Club, rather than only for the GBA games? I mean, since there's so much to talk about between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, plus the upcoming Shadow Dragon, not to mention the five preceding console games, discussing only 6, 7, and 8 is such a narrow scope of the entire series.

Hg-Mike
27th November 2008, 9:06 PM
A FIRE EMBLEM CLUB!!!
I have to join *_*

It's seems there is a test, so ok

name your favourite 5 non-lord characters in 6,7 or 8.
Sword of Seals: Wolt, Zeiss, Niime, Hugh and Fa
Blazing Sword: Nino, Matthew, Serra, Vaida and Lloyd (I know he isn't recrutable)
Sacred Stones: L'Arachel, Rennac, Ewan, Amelia (As a General XD), and Ross

name the main lords for 6,7 or 8
Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika and Eprhaim

make sure you've played one of the games!!!
I got Blazing Sword and The Sacred Stones (also the Gamecube and Wii...) Sword of Seals only in rom with the english patch ^^

State why you want to join
Basically, apart from the fact that the games are amazing, it's the more realistic tactical RPG because of the permanent death and the difficulty of the game, even if you're playing on easy (8-10) if you're army has poor stats it CAN be very difficult (only happened one time in Path of Radiance... the first time I played it)

Well, I think it was in Blazing Sword, in Hector Mode the chapter 19xx, well, my units were a little under-leveled and also the requirements were a little difficult (only one, I have to say, Nils in level 7 was easy. But "Killing" Kishuna was really hard)

Treeconator11
27th November 2008, 9:44 PM
Dude, Grizzly is right, This should be for all fire emblem games.

shinigami13
27th November 2008, 9:54 PM
I'll join. And grizzly is right this should be a club for all Fire Emblem games
Favorite non Lords in 6,7,and 8: Erk,Joshua,Saleh,Rutger, and Ewan
Lord in 6: Roy
Lords in 7: Eliwood,Hector and Lyn
Lords on 8:Erika and Ephraim
I want to join cause I'm a big fan of the series. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but if there is a series I'm pretty knowledgable on it's this one. And I've beaten 4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10

Treeconator11
28th November 2008, 6:57 PM
I feel we need a new topic

What's you're favorite class?

SwordMasters, cause of the speed, and critical bonuses, and there defense doesn't really matter, cause they rarely get hit anyway, and they have good strenght

Zorg
28th November 2008, 8:45 PM
This is afishally a full FE club!

Does anyone know how to change the title?

Swordmasters are really good, and if you find yourself against a General you can just use a body ring and a lancereaver or armourslayer.

Lucius is MINT aswell, frigin awesome!

GrizzlyB
28th November 2008, 8:59 PM
This is afishally a full FE club!

Does anyone know how to change the title?

Officially. -_-;

And ask one of the Club mods to edit the title just to "The Fire Emblem Club".

I agree with Swordmasters being the best class, also due to their evasion and critical boost. Plus really good skill and speed just in general, with pretty good strength and defenses, plus most have at least decent luck (though regrettably, Stefan is the exception to this D: ).

Hg-Mike
28th November 2008, 10:12 PM
In my opinion, the best class in Fire Emblem are the Wyvern Lord/Dragon Master
Only because their amazing movement range, attack and defense and I know they're weak against bows but a Full Guard/Delphi Shield (or wathever item that cancel that weakness) solves the problem.

Altough the Swordmaster Class is great and I find them useful, I think they're even with the Assassin class and their One-Hit KO ability, except for their poor strenght at least in 7-8 and only using knives in 9-10 (they're surpassed easily by the swordmasters in this)

Treeconator11
28th November 2008, 11:08 PM
Dude, Volke in 10 was awesome, he had an awesome kill rate in the endgame for me, he was better with BaseLard then Sothe could ever be with even a hacked

rotrum
29th November 2008, 12:46 AM
If we are calaiminf fire emblem characters can i take Colm?

What is your favorite class?
I like assasins (Becasue of colm), Swordmasters (because of jashua, plus they have really good crit and are pretty useful), and summoners (Knoll, and summoning is my favorite form of magic.)
Wyvern lords are okay because i liek Cormag, only problem is Cormag has like 45 hp and he takes like 20 damage from a simple mage.

I like making topics

Which characters in FE8 would most likely have a child, and what class would he/she be

Sapphire Phoenix
29th November 2008, 2:25 AM
ZOMG! A FE Club and I'm not in it? I'm joining!

name your favourite 5 non-lord characters in 6,7 or 8.
Sword of Seals: Sadly, I've never played it v.v
Blazing Sword: It's been a while since I've played it... Heath, Wil, Kent, Sain, and... Jaffar
Sacred Stones: Cormeg, Lute, Neimi, Joshua, and... Colm

name the main lords for 6,7 or 8
Roy, Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika and Ephraim

make sure you've played one of the games!!!
I've played all of the english ones so many times...I've beaten Blazing Sword x2, Sacred Stones x5, Path of Radiance x7, and Radiant Dawn x6...

Well, I simply love the games. I love the battle system (although I will admit it is hard to get use to it at first... I had a hard time with Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance), and I adore how the games look in FE 7 and 8. I also love the plots in all of them. I love everything about Fire Emblem, and I've been a fan for three years...

Solstice
29th November 2008, 3:48 AM

Pegasus knights, mages and myrmidons. I love it how they start weak but end up quite godly. They don't have a very good defense and attack but are good at dodging and double attacking which is the most important imo.
But I also loved how Brom and Nephenee could slaughter a whole army without much trouble at all.

Zorg
29th November 2008, 7:07 PM
Just to comfirm, we are claiming characters, just make sure you say their name and what game they are in. I will make a list of who is claimed on the first post.

Anyone reacon we can claim 2 characters because there wont be that many people joining and theres lots of people to pick from.

Sogeking
29th November 2008, 7:10 PM
name your favourite 5 non-lord characters in any of the FE games.

Wil
Florina
Canas
Seth
Dolza

name the main lords for any of the games.
You mean like Lyn, Eliwood, Hector?

make sure you've played one of the games

I've played 7 and 8, but I plan on getting Path of Radiance in the next week.

Because I like Fire Emblem?

And Claiming?

Lyn from Fire Emblem 7: Blazing Sword - Sogeking

Ike from Fire Emblem 9: Path of Radiance - Sogeking

Solstice
29th November 2008, 7:21 PM
Just to comfirm, we are claiming characters, just make sure you say their name and what game they are in. I will make a list of who is claimed on the first post.

Sapphire Phoenix

Anyone reacon we can claim 2 characters because there wont be that many people joining and theres lots of people to pick from.

In that case I claim Florina and Serra from Blazing Sword.

GrizzlyB
29th November 2008, 7:51 PM
Which characters in FE8 would most likely have a child, and what class would he/she be

Colm and Neimi would have a son and a daughter who would be Archers. Or Franz and Amelia would have a daughter who becomes a Cavalier. >_>

I've played 7 and 8, but I plan on getting Path of Radiance in the next week.

Wow, you still haven't played that yet? Well, at least you haven't played Radiant Dawn first, unlike some people.

And since we can claim two characters now, can I claim Ike from Radiant Dawn? I think he's one of the characters who changes enough to be a separate claim. But barring him, I claim Nephenee for my second.

Blazios
29th November 2008, 8:07 PM

Soren
Soren
Soren
Soren
Soren

Does that count?

If not,

Soren
Erk
Matthew
Serra
Stefan

Lyn, Eliwood, Hector
Eirika, Ephrain
Ike, Elincia (Sort of)
Ike, Micaiah

6-10, buying 11 next week.

Because it's a Fire Emblem club, and I was about to remake the dead one.

If I can claim characters, I claim Soren from PoR and RD, and... Erk, from FE7.

And shouldn't the poll be changed along with the name of the club? What if somebody likes one of the other games better?

Oh, and I don't like Jeigan's new name of Jagen.

Treeconator11
30th November 2008, 5:02 AM
From FE8 I claim Joshua!
From FE9+10 Haar!

To make this useful

Which characters in FE8 would most likely have a child, and what class would he/she be?

Eirka and epriham will have a lord.

I wanna know if anyone can make a banner for this club. I would, but I don't know how.

rotrum
30th November 2008, 2:52 PM
Why would brother and sister have a child?

And ,grissly, I meant whihc characters that didn't already have children later on.

If we can claim second characters I shall secondly claim...uhh cormag?

Treeconator11
30th November 2008, 5:50 PM
New Topic!

What's your favorite FE game?

Me, I'm tied between, FE8-10, all have good things and bad ideas, like class change was awesome, Laguz were awesome, and army swithing allows you to level up, different caracters. But laguz, in ten, most sucked, except Ranulf, and the royals, and Miciah, her army sucked so much. It wasn't they weren't good, then just couldn't kill, and couldn't improve, which was crap. Sothe, Tarueonu, and Aran can only do so much protecting, then one person goes bye-bye.

Sapphire Phoenix
30th November 2008, 6:26 PM
If I can claim characters, I claim Soren from PoR and RD, and... Erk, from FE7.
Nuuu! I was too late! ;-;

I'll claim Lyon from FE 8 and... I don't know about the second...

Tie between FE 9 and 10. I like Path of Radiance because of it's character (SOREN!!!!!!!!) and I like the plot and laguz. I like Radiant Dawn because, well, it's a sequel to PoR! I also like how units can class change twice, and I love the music and plot! Plus the cutscenes are awesome (SOREN!!!!!)

I missed this one: What's you're favorite class?
Dragon Lords, Dragon Knights, etc because they have great movement, and great offense and defense. Haar in RD can clear a level all by himself... I also like Archers, Snipers, and Sages and all horse-mounted classes...

GrizzlyB
30th November 2008, 6:33 PM
Eirka and epriham will have a lord.

That's just nasty.

And ,grissly, I meant whihc characters that didn't already have children later on.

Despite the fact that all endings can be altered pretty much entirely at your will, I'll humor you and say Ephraim and Tana.

Radiant Dawn, no contest. It's the longest, has a decent level of challenge, and three promotion tiers, among many other delicious things.

Sothe, Tarueonu, and Aran can only do so much protecting, then one person goes bye-bye.

The fact that you just referenced using both Sothe and Tauroneo identifies the problem for me quite quickly. Don't use them or Volug, least away not until you're almost done with the Dawn Brigade arc.

Treeconator11
30th November 2008, 10:57 PM
Miciah's Army sucks. Admit it. You need stronger units to protect your units. The ones with any future die to easy and can't kill anything by themselves. Micaiah's army doesn't have the playtime to get stronger, and Ike beats them everyway possible. Your endgame army, will be royals and units on Ike's team, and a few other units, like mabye Volke or Elencia.

Solstice
1st December 2008, 2:12 AM
Oh, and I don't like Jeigan's new name of Jagen.
Meh, jagen means hunting in Dutch which makes it sound a bit cooler but I still prefer the old one.

Let's compare them:
6: It's too hard imo, which doesn't make it more fun to play. Average amount of cool chars, but not many chars who are especially cool.
7: Many cool chars. Good story aswell.
8: A bit too easy, but that makes it somewhat fun. I love how you can choose the promotions.
9: I prefer the big screen instead of the GBA's small screen. Lots of cool chars and not too hard.
10: This would be my favorite, but 1 thing bothers me. I like to train an army. Get every char to max level. But in this game you have to use different chars every time. It has an epic story and the new chars are pretty cool.

Can't really pick one. I like Fire Emblem. But I've played 9 the most, so I guess it's my favorite.

Haar in RD can clear a level all by himself...
Well, most chars can if they had their last promotion. Even Ilyana.

Hg-Mike
1st December 2008, 7:26 PM
Okay, I have to admit this, Volke IS really powerful in Radiant Dawn (finished the second walkthrough)

The characters I want to claim...
Wendy and Zeiss from Sword of Seals
I forgot someone...MARCUS!

Favorite FE game
I think Radiant Dawn, beside the fact that they changed the Support System (I loved the Support Conversations from past games)
Controlling three armies, being the longest game and adding the new promotions, this is great

Well, about Micaiah's army, in my opinion, just because they're weak is the reason I use them (More difficulty on Hard Mode)

And Meg is great ^^

Sapphire Phoenix
2nd December 2008, 1:01 AM
Well, most chars can if they had their last promotion. Even Ilyana.
Yeah, I know. Haar was the one who came to mind first :D

Honestly, I don't use anyone in Micaiah's army except Leonardo and Edward. It's because many of her units have terrible defenses, and I usually have to heal like mad. I usually fill my team up with Path of Radiance units, so there's hardly any room for anyone else.

Treeconator11
2nd December 2008, 9:48 PM
Yeah, Micaiah's team is weak. Which leades me to a new topic!

Who is you're least favorite charathar?

Meg stinks. When you get her, there are laguz who will tear her apart untransformed. Laguz give boatloads of EXP, and in the next chapter, where you could use her, she is overpowerd by the eneimes. She has potental,but unless you BEXP her she is useless. Even if you did, Meg has great growhts. Lastly, other more important units need the BEXP more. End Rant.

Solstice
2nd December 2008, 11:33 PM
I have no idea how, but I missed Meg o.o
Also missed Volke and apparently he's very good.

Treeconator11
3rd December 2008, 1:13 AM
All I do with Meg is take her stuff.

Sapphire Phoenix
3rd December 2008, 1:31 AM
Who is you're least favorite character?
Well, let's think for a minute... Actually, I'll go through each game:

FE 7: Lowen (GET YER HAIR OUT OF YER EYES!!1!), Ninian

FE 8: Gillam, Moulder, Tana (IMO she's annoying... actually, she reminds me of my friend... who's annoying XD)

FE 9: Devdan, Mist (useless IMO), Tormod (I always used Soren, so its just...rivarly...), Makalov

FE 10: Laura (See Mist), Meg (See Laura) Nadved (since he's basically Devdan...), Pelleas (I can't explain without spoiling things about another character... but I don't like who Pelleas is...)

Yeah... I'm missing some...

Solstice
3rd December 2008, 2:52 AM
Tormod was barely playable in RD. That's too bad, because he was pretty pwnage in PoR. Not as pwnage as Soren of course, but he still pwned.

Treeconator11
3rd December 2008, 2:57 AM
Celerity saved him in POR. In Rd where anyone can get Celerity, and his low play time, he sucks, no doubt about it.

darklord18
3rd December 2008, 6:04 AM
Can I join?

name your favourite 5 non-lord characters in any of the FE games.
Ilyana, Black knight, Tibarn Sanaki and Gatrie.

name the main lords for any of the games.
Ike (if he counts as a lord as he is the main character for one game.) Marth and Roy.

I Play POR and RD, I hop that ok.

I just love playing them and the fact that in RD, even in easy they still find a way to make it hard to get though. e.g. Sending Ike with 60+hp to fight a group of enemy's and that one priest come along and put him asleep. but that what I like about it. also the fact that there one or two boss (mostly the final boss.) that can only be hurt by the main character weapon.

I hope this is ok and can I make a topic? (sorry for bad spelling.)

Zorg
3rd December 2008, 6:47 PM
yes you can make a topic and your in.

Least Fave Character

6- Bors(Who has that hairdo anymore???), Marcus(he's even worse than in 7!!!), Ellen kind of(first time i used her, lv.20 unpromoted like 5 magic), Dayan and Niime(their children in 7 (Rath and Canas) are WAY better ) and all other pre-promoted characters

7-Marcus, Pent, Louise,

Treeconator11
3rd December 2008, 8:05 PM
New topic time!

Which Caracter do you think the desiners made while they were on crack?

The topic means which Charater looks the weridest. Marklov, if you look at his slezy face and pink hair, you will scream.

Sapphire Phoenix
4th December 2008, 12:55 AM
Which Caracter do you think the desiners made while they were on crack?
Lowen, my god. It's amazing that he can ride his horse without crashing into something. Seriously... I doubt he's ever heard of a hair cut >.>

Zorg
4th December 2008, 2:42 AM
true, but gonzales from 6 is uglyier than Michael Jackson... ok lets not take it to far...

darklord18
4th December 2008, 3:45 AM
thanks

Who is you're least favorite character?
all the fire and wind mages except for Seron and Sanaki. (what ever happen to thunder mages, you only get one of those and two the other.)

RD Due to the fact that you use the black knight.

In RD part 3 chapter 6 and onward that have the Dawn brigade in it (I hope that how you spell it.) They were way under level.
Tie between Black knight, Marshall, and Vanguard

Here my topic.

Which weapon from any games did you like the most.
the twins swords, Ragnell and Alondite, and the Brave set.

GrizzlyB
4th December 2008, 4:20 AM
all the fire and wind mages except for Seron and Sanaki. (what ever happen to thunder mages, you only get one of those and two the other.)

Why would you want another Thunder Mage? As much as I like Ilyana, I have to acknowledge that Thunder magic sucks something awful in Radiant Dawn.

RD Due to [insert spoiler here]

Yeah, could you do me a favor and put that in spoilers, at the least? That's a spoiler for not one, but two games, and I know for a fact that there are people around who would love to play both, but haven't yet

They were way under level [insert same spoiler]

Same thing here, plz

I'm sort of on the fence about the other two items in your post, as well. Could you maybe just not talk about that in the future?

Which weapon from any games did you like the most.

It's although I would say some special weapon, such as Ragnell or Amiti, I'm going to just say a normal one: Steel Blade. Good power and uses, and not too terribly expensive.

darklord18
4th December 2008, 5:17 AM
Sorry I not use to these thing yet. I just edited them now. Ok?

Zorg
4th December 2008, 6:37 PM
Fave weapon
i love the killers. A killer axe means the axeman will have high attack aswell so it does a decent amount of damage.

Have you ever got a person with really good stat ups?

Blazios
4th December 2008, 6:40 PM

RD, fully maxed out Micaiah and Soren.

I'm getting Shadow Dragon tomorrow! Because I'm British! And it's coming out in Europe before America! And I can get it at around lunchtime! Because I have mocks and finish school at about 11!

Treeconator11
4th December 2008, 8:10 PM

On POR, my Ike, had four, count em, four capped stats, no stat up items either.

Sapphire Phoenix
5th December 2008, 1:25 AM
Which weapon from any games did you like the most
Ragnell rocks, aswell as the Rexcalibur Tome (I think that's what it is) in RD

Soren in PoR. Had every stat capped except his... man, I can't remember what they're called. It was something like defense and attack... It's been a while since I've played FE v.v

EDIT: I'm claiming Soren from FE 10. MUAHAHAHAHA!!!...

darklord18
5th December 2008, 4:21 AM
Ike in both POR and RD. Speed, strength, skill and defense were the only one that were max out by level.

Solstice
5th December 2008, 5:31 AM
My favorite weapons are those with 1-2 range. This can make a char a one man army if it has good stats. Even a Javelin can become a deadly weapon.

I don't really compare the stats tbh. Florina had crazy stats in my game, but that was because of the Uber Spear.

Treeconator11
7th December 2008, 2:55 AM
New topic!

What is your favorite type of magic?

Mine is wind. It's powerful,accurate, and it's Soren's priority magic.

darklord18
7th December 2008, 3:52 AM

Either Dark or thunder which are both my favorite type of magic in fire emblem.

Zorg
7th December 2008, 5:49 AM
Whats your favorite type of magic?

healing, everyone loves healing!!!

palingensia
7th December 2008, 6:05 AM
Dark ftw. Dark always draws me in.

I'll claim Hector and Canas from 7 for now. I might change Canas at a later date when I remember some of the characters from 8. >_>

Favourite class?
Druid is full of win, along with Great Lord. I have a strange attraction to Berserker too, even though most of them fail.

Sapphire Phoenix
7th December 2008, 10:09 PM
From FE 7 and 8: A tie between Light and Anima. Anima because of the power behind some of the spells, and Light because of Bishop + Slayer (I think that's what it's called, only in FE 8 though)... also because I don't use Dark Magic :/

From FE 9 and 10: Wind (because of Soren :D) and Thunder (Since its strong). Like Dark magic above, I don't use Fire Magic... and I don't like the only person that uses Dark Magic in FE 10...

Solstice
8th December 2008, 2:02 AM
Don't really have a favorite but I use Thunder the most I think. And healing of course. Wind is cool too because it also includes ice attacks.
I wonder what most people do. Max only one type of magic or level all 3? I usually level 2 or 3. Dunno why.

Zorg
8th December 2008, 7:57 AM
ok since we have 11 members (not including me) i made this...

its pretty much a character creation thing just for fun, use this template:

Name:
Class(Can be made up):
Usable Weapons(Non-Promoted):
Usable Weapons(Promoted):
Down stats:
Description of you(eg: your position/role in an army?):
Relatives(Mainly of already made characters):
Appearance:
Enemies(Mainly already made characters):
Others:

here's mine:

Name: Zorg
Class(Can be made up): Wolf boy --> Wolf Lord
Usable Weapons(Non-Promoted): Claws
Usable Weapons(Promoted): Claws, Knifes
Up stats: Attack, Speed
Down stats: Defense, Resistance
Description of you(eg: your position/role in an army?): A lone wolf boy with unknown parents.
Relatives(Mainly of already made characters): None known
Appearance: Hairy like a were-wolf, red eyes, brown, messy hair
Enemies(Mainly already made characters): Marcus (everyone hates Marcus!)
Others: Very aggressive

Treeconator11
8th December 2008, 10:33 PM
Name: Joe
Class: Ninja----> Ninja master
Weapon (non-promoted): Knives
Weapon (promoted) :Knives, Swords
Up Stats: Speed, Skil, Luck
Down Stats: Defense, Con,Resistance
Description: A mercenary with blue hair, can assinate, and pick locks.
Relatives: None currently known.
Apperence: Blue hair, Green eyes, and silver chains.
Enemies: Sothe, Meg
Others: Very antisocial.

Sapphire Phoenix
9th December 2008, 1:46 AM
Well, there's this fan fic that I want to write, so I'll just describe the main female character. I also added Beorc or Laguz on to the list...

Name: Sapphire
Class(Can be made up): Twin Myrmidon -----> Twin Swordmaster
Usable Weapons(Non-Promoted): Twin Swords, Light Magic
Usable Weapons(Promoted): Twin Swords, Light Magic, Bows (x.X, I'll explain)
Beorc (Human) or Laguz (Animal Transforming Humans): Beorc
Up stats: Attack, Magic Offense (not as much as attack), Speed, Luck (1/2 chance)
Down stats:...everything else would be average except for defense and con.
Description of you (eg: your position/role in an army?): Well, she would have been a position I made up: Hi-Commander... otherwise a Commander. But she's the main character, so she eventually leaves to be a mercenary.
Relatives(Mainly of already made characters): Meh, none, even though she had a huge friendship with Soren (as much as he detests it :p). Also great friends to Jill and Haar.
Appearance: Long, black hair with natural, bright red stripes. Pale skin and bright, blue eyes that mirror the ocean. Othewise, he whole outfit: a scarf that completely covers her neck, a special shirt with diamond shaped cut-outs on the side, and pants with traveling shoes is black. Under the scarf, hidden from view, is a silver choker necklace with a diamond cut sapphire in it. And on her pants the Daein emblem is emboirdered onto it.
Enemies(Mainly already made characters): Petrine, Ashnard, Black Knight, Ena
Others: Funny and wise-cracking on the outside, but loyal and dutiful underneath... Also holds grudges...

Ok, about the weapons: Through out the series she gains a lot of different skills... But she mainly uses the swords, followed by the magic. Only rarely does Sapphire use the bow... I can't really explain it all without going into details about the fic...

Zorg
9th December 2008, 3:00 AM
wow, that sound like it will be interesting. I'm starting to write a FE fanfic aswell based after 7 and before 6...

Sapphire Phoenix
9th December 2008, 3:14 AM
Yeah, but I'd have would have to go through four volumes before I got to anything Fire Emblem... Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are the ones I chose to write about. The series is basically one of those 'author and friends get sucked into a video game'... but it goes a whole lot farther than that: theres never any mention of 'video games', events get changed, events are taken out, minor characters become major, and the stories are seen through the eyes of the NPCs... I've had this idea for over three years now...

*cough*... I picked up Radiant Dawn for the first time in... months. I had a random urgue to play it while I was at school today. I got through chapter 8 (Part III, that was where I stopped a few months ago). Soren and Nephenee owned. I also listened to some of the music (in the Extras menu). I really hate listening to 'Everything Hereafter' since it reminds me that there won't be another FE game with these characters.

My goodness I get carried away :p

Solstice
9th December 2008, 3:35 AM
So... Shadow Dragon was released that 5th. Guess what? No store had it! So I ordered it online and got an email which says it is send. It'll probably arrive today (the 9th) or tomorrow. Can't wait. Anybody who has it already?
Edit: Got it =D

Treeconator11
11th December 2008, 1:47 AM
Nah, I'm content with my 8-10. ;). New topic!

Which character is most like you?

I'm a mix, Joshua for gambaling, Haar for sleeping, Soren, cause I like books ;) and Ike, cause I'm nice. ( to my friends, at least.)

Sapphire Phoenix
11th December 2008, 1:50 AM
Well... I guess I'm nice like Ike (Like Ike... ha ha ha) and I do like to read books like Soren (FTW!!!1!)... and I can be a bit free-spirited like Mist. Oh, and I can throw around insults like Marica >.<

Solstice
11th December 2008, 2:44 AM
Soren probably. I'm smart and a bit different. But if we're talking about the outside I'm more a Brom xD

palingensia
11th December 2008, 5:47 AM
Hmm... I'm not sure to be honest. I really need to play the games again to refresh my memory. @__@

Zorg
11th December 2008, 11:49 PM
What character is most like you?
Umm... this is hard... im shy and catious like Florina... im sporty like... Guy i guess.. im smart like Canis

Solstice
12th December 2008, 2:22 AM
Wow, I knew you had to sacrifice chars to unlock the gaiden chapters in SD, but not that you can only have 15 chars max. This is my team after chapter 6:
Doga 18
Gordon 16
Sheeda 16
Daros 13
Abel 12
Julian 12
Wolf 12
Marth 10
Oguma 10
Rena 8
Marich 8

darklord18
12th December 2008, 5:35 AM
So how is it?

Zorg
12th December 2008, 8:11 AM
is SD the one on DS?

Blazios
12th December 2008, 9:00 AM
Wow, I knew you had to sacrifice chars to unlock the gaiden chapters in SD, but not that you can only have 15 chars max.

To get the side chapters, where you unlock one person, you must have 15 characters max. If you don't want those, you can have as many as you want.

is SD the one on DS?

Yes.

Zorg
12th December 2008, 8:25 PM
sounds interesting...

Blade Knight
12th December 2008, 9:46 PM
1) Canis: Dark Magic is the best by far.
2) Raven: Awesomeness.
3) Haar: If he wins a whole map by himself he is a favorite in my book.
4) Soren: Said a lot from what I can tell.
5) Edward: I just have a soft spot for him for some reason.

FE1/3/11: Marth; FE6: Roy; FE7: Hector (second best FE hero), Eliwood and Lyn; FE8: Ericka and Ephraim; FE9: Ike (the best FE hero); FE10: Ike (ditto) and Micaiah.

*make sure you've played one of the games!!!:
I've played FE7 quite a few times; 8 a couple times; 9 I've won it two times, but I've played it a number of times (annoying siblings who turn off the power while saving because they are angry for no reason); and 10 I've played a number of times. And I am excited to be getting FE11 for the DS.

*State why you want to join:
Because now I can talk to people who play the games. Plus I have been meaning to join anyway.

As for the currant topic: What character is most like you?
Canis mostly, but I've got the Ike "I fight for my friends" thing going, and "You'll get no sympathy from me!" is my unsaid motto.

Sapphire Phoenix
12th December 2008, 9:53 PM
To get the side chapters, where you unlock one person, you must have 15 characters max. If you don't want those, you can have as many as you want.
Man, that's stupid. I don't think I could just kill units like that. It goes against everything I've done in Fire Emblem.

Zorg
13th December 2008, 12:00 AM
ok, blade knight, your in...

Solstice
13th December 2008, 2:24 AM
So how is it?

It's alright. Kinda feels like I'm playing FE7 again, but with different chars and chapters. This also means you have to get the items again to promote the chars. That's annoying, because the chars gain a lot of exp sometimes. I already have Gordon at level 20 and several hars are reaching level 20 soon. I'm not gonna do the gaiden in this game, maybe in the next one. Having to kill your chars goes against what you've learned in the past Fire Emblems, but it doesn't matter because you shouldn't use more than 15 chars anyway.
Other than that, it's just like FE7. I beat chapter 7 and this game isn't hard at all. I heard it was even easier than TSS. Well, it isn't exactly harder.

Zorg
13th December 2008, 6:26 AM
man, 7 is fun though, ive nearly completed it again for about the 20ith time...

darklord18
13th December 2008, 6:56 AM
I haven't been here for awhile due the sever busy error.

What was the funniest/annoying thing you did in Fire emblem.
In PoR I tried to take down the black knight in chapter 11 but I lost Mist, Ilyana and nearly lost everyone and I had to restart and found out you didn't need to fight him.

Zorg
13th December 2008, 7:15 AM

trained up marcus in 7 same with wallace, isadora, pent, loiuse, renault

Sapphire Phoenix
13th December 2008, 9:25 PM
In PoR, I was extra careful in the final chapter... Thus it took me 72 turns and about 2 hours...

Zorg
13th December 2008, 10:20 PM
lol, 72 turns, that breaks my record in 7...

TheCookieCutter
14th December 2008, 3:30 AM
Hi. I would love to join this club. I have EVERY Fire emblem game. I have played, and beat them all. I am a die-hard fan.

FE 6: Narshen, Gonzales
FE 7: Lyn, Canas, Eliwood, Pent, and Louise.
FE 8: Eirika, Ephraim, Lyon, Cormag, Glen, Valter, Dozla, Seth
FE 9 and 10: Ike, Soren, Volke, Zihark, Sothe

Zorg
14th December 2008, 7:56 AM
you like pre promoted characters... :( anyway, your in TheCookieCutter

TheCookieCutter
14th December 2008, 11:00 PM
I like SOME of them. I like people like Amelia, Erk, and Lute.

Zorg
15th December 2008, 1:58 AM
yea, as long as you dont like *dun dun dunn* Marcus...

who would you like better cookie cutter, amelia, ewan or ross?

darklord18
17th December 2008, 5:00 AM
What the matter with Marcus whoever he is?

starting to play RD again.

Zorg
17th December 2008, 9:03 AM
in 6 and 7 and hes a all ready promoted paladin, all pre promoted people are xp stealers and you get him pretty much at the start of each game... and yea...

TheCookieCutter
17th December 2008, 11:13 PM
I like amelia. (to answer your question)

I like her because she has great stats. I usuall make her a paladin.

Zorg
18th December 2008, 12:08 AM
oh yup, she's probably my least fave out of those three, the thing i like about ewan is that the only other shaman is knoll who sucks and Lyon (who i have gotten before, he has a dark spell with unlimited useage) who is easy to train and you can only get him at the end of the game...

Sapphire Phoenix
18th December 2008, 1:36 AM
I've never got Lyon before ;_; The last time I tried, Joshua (a Lv. 20 Swordmaster with high stats) got killed by Critical Hitting Gorgan x.X

Speaking of which: I played SS the other day, and Joshua (as the enemy) killed Franz on Chapter 5. Stupid Killing Edge...

Zorg
18th December 2008, 2:54 AM
yea, that lv is anoying...

Solstice
18th December 2008, 3:12 AM
I'm at the last chapters of SD. I have 2 chars at max level: Lena and Wolf, both as their original class.
This game is indeed easy but I'm only playing on nomal. I had to restart for the first time in chapter 23, when a couple of mages started to gang bang on Captain Gordin...
SD's gonna be released on 02-16 in America.

Zorg
19th December 2008, 11:14 PM
Do you think/know that there will be a FE12? And what do you think it will be like?

I think there will or at least there should, not many people have heard of FE before but its a really good strategic game. i havent played 9, 10 or 11 though so i dont know what the advances in the game system has been...

Treeconator11
19th December 2008, 11:19 PM
Do you think/know that there will be a FE12? And what do you think it will be like?

I hope so, and I want it to be somewhat easy, somewhat hard. I also want Laguz to be in it. They were awesome.

Sapphire Phoenix
19th December 2008, 11:24 PM
There has to be another game! Fire Emblem is so popular, so it wouldn't make any sense if they just stopped. I bet it's either a remake of FE 6, or a whole new game. I'd like to see another game in Magvel or Tellus, but I highly doubt it.

Zorg
25th December 2008, 5:08 AM
man, no-one has been posting lately...

anyone know when 11 will be out in NZ??? thats if any one in this club is from NZ... i am, so is otaku-dono, apart from that i dont know...

A couple new topics to get us back on track:

Do you use the arena?(i dont know what its like in 9, 10 but i do in 6,7,8)

I do sometimes, only with my hardout people just coz i dont want a risk...

What's the quickest you've completed one of the games?

I some how completed 7 in like 2 days... thats in general, not no-stop...

Who do you think is the hottest person in ne of the games?

mmm... hard, ill get rid of viada easily... and Niime canis's mum from 6... but ill go with.............man its hard! theres: Lyn, Florina, Lilina, well... theres lots of people, i would have a tie between like 5 people in the end...

Do you get anoyed with 7 and 6(dont know about 9 and 10) how you cant do little random battles to train in stuff like in 8 where theres a map and all that...

i do in 7, mainly because ive completed it like 50 times..., ive only completed 6 once or twice...

Sapphire Phoenix
25th December 2008, 5:15 PM
Merry Christmas!!!

Do you use the arena? (There's no arena in 9 or 10...)
I used it when I first started playing FE. In Sacred Stones I'd use Seth and other units to get some money, but I don't bother anymore.

I beat Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance in 6 hours. I skipped all the conversations and turned off the battle animations.

Who do you think is the hottest person in the of the games?
Meh, I think Soren's cute... Ike, Ephraim, Eliwood, Lyon, Edward (cute), FE 10 Sothe (HOTT!!)... yeah...

Do you get anoyed with 7 and 6 how you cant do little random battles to train in stuff like in 8 where theres a map and all that... There's bonus exp that you can give your units...
Yeah, I get annoyed. My units are usually a bit underleveled in FE 7.

darklord18
27th December 2008, 7:14 AM
Sorry I haven't been posting.
I don't know but I most likely going to be on the Wii but I would like it be after the events in 10.

Zorg
29th December 2008, 8:54 AM
ok, to hopefully not kill this club, there is going to be a character of the week. We will start with a character from 6, then the next week 7 and so on to 10. We will vote on the person we wont each week but no-one can be the character of the week twice until everyone else has... apart from the rejects *cough cough Marcus*... i will do a little fact type thing each week aswell on the person. since there is only like two of us here who have played six ill just say that this week it is... Oujay from 6

Picture in good detail of him (http://fireemblem.neoseeker.com/w/i/fireemblem/1/17/Ogier.png)(it says Ogier but its Oujay as well)

Weapon:Sword --> Sword + Axe
Class: Mercenary --> Hero
Starting lv: 3
Relations in other/this game(s): N/A
Race: Human
Starting stats:
HP:24
Attk:7
Def:4
Luck:6
Skill:10
Spd:9
Res:0
Chapter joins:8 (on 6th turn)

Also, start posting votes/nominations for the character of the week next week (must be from FE7)

so far:

Farina:1

Sapphire Phoenix
30th December 2008, 1:59 AM
Wil! I vote for Wil!!! Yah!

Treeconator11
30th December 2008, 2:03 AM
I say Wil, for the hell of it.

Zorg
30th December 2008, 2:03 AM
ok thats:

Will 2
Farina 1

i suppose some people havent gotten farina be4 coz she is hectors mode only... she's F**KING AWESOME best charcter in the game with nino and hector with lucius close behind...
new topic:

In 7, who do you train most often?

a. Will
b. Rebecca
c. Rath
d. Louise(ill kill you)

should someone make a fire emblem role playing RPG?

also, in 7 its Who(its a country or whatever...) vs. Bern?

darklord18
30th December 2008, 8:56 AM
I have to say my vote for Nino because from what I heard about her being a good sage if you take the time to level her. and she one of 5 character I know from that game. (I haven't play the game.)

Zorg
30th December 2008, 9:39 AM
yea, nino is f**kin awesome, you get her late in the game at a low lv. but that normally signifies a good character so thats:

will: 2
farina: 1
nino: 1

ok, so character of the week will be decided every monday, if you want to do something special for a character that you know is going to win, feel free!

ok, im planning a fire emblem rpg so once its up and running, im expecting some people here to take part in it or ill get chuck norris on your ***...

also, dont worry about the last question in my last post...

Treeconator11
30th December 2008, 11:56 AM
A Fire Emblem RPG. NO WAI SERIOUSLYS Omg no wai. The RPG is gonna be sweet.

Zorg
30th December 2008, 9:25 PM
yea, im doing the storyline and stuff at the moment so ill tell u guys when its up and u can make your characters...

do people get promoted in 9 and 10? if so, do they use items to like in the other games?

ok, my brother otaku dono, grizzlyB and rotrum are now relieved from their roles as co-owners and Sapphire Phoenix and DarkLord18 are now co-owners because they actually post here, and are proven worthy...

rotrum
30th December 2008, 9:55 PM
Oh well. Too bad...

Your going to make a Fire Emblem RPG?

Your also donig a chracter of the week now?

I haven't played FE6 or FE7 so I can't do anything for now.

I wish Shadow Dragon for the DS would come out sooner...

Zorg
30th December 2008, 9:58 PM
yea... cant wait for it, it'll be mint... hopefully

rotrum
30th December 2008, 10:01 PM
I tohught there was a Serebii rule that said your posts have to be at least 2 lines long.

Uhh what does "mint" mean? What does it have to do with RPs?

Zorg
30th December 2008, 10:25 PM
...counts as a new sentence

mint means awesome...

Sapphire Phoenix
31st December 2008, 1:19 AM
ok, my brother otaku dono, grizzlyB and rotrum are now relieved from their roles as co-owners and Sapphire Phoenix and DarkLord18 are now co-owners because they actually post here, and are proven worthy...

Yayz!!! Thanks!

Meh, I'll try at the RPG but I'm not really good with them x.x Plus I'm not active long enough *sighs*

I'm looking forward to Shadow Dragon, but I'm not too keen on the graphics. The graphics from 7 and 8 were my favorite... BTW, units in 9 and 10 do promote, but they do not need items for it. They have to get to a level 20, then level up again to change classes. Items can be used to change them, but they have to be a lv. 10 or higher. And the item can be used by all units.

In 7, who do you train most often?
I don't remember... Probably either Lyn, Heath, Wil, Eliwood, Sain/Kent, and Hector.

Solstice
31st December 2008, 2:25 AM
Do you use the arena?
Only when playing a rom because it's so easy to reset if a char dies. But if I use the arena I abuse it.

PoR in 22 hours, followed by SD in 24 hours, but that was because I was abusing the bosses.

Who do you think is the hottest person in any of the games?
Heh, so many hot girls I just can't pick one <3

Do you get annoyed with 7 and 6 how you can't do little random battles to train in stuff like in 8 where theres a map and all that...
It does get annoying when most of your chars are barely promoted in the final chapter. I'd like to have all the chars at max level.

darklord18
31st December 2008, 2:42 AM

I accept but you have to tell me what a Co-owner dose apart from allowing people to join.

TheCookieCutter
31st December 2008, 5:55 AM
Hey guys. I am back and I promise to be more active. After talking a lot with Zorg I found out the club is dying. So...

Charry of the week...
Raven=sword user ownage

RPG...
I would love to jump in.

So yeah, I WILL be more active.

Zorg
31st December 2008, 10:24 PM
Darklord18, a co-owner just helps sort things out expesilly in the next 2 weeks because i wont be active as much...

so far:

raven 1
farina 1
nino 1
will 2

Treeconator11
1st January 2009, 12:59 PM
New Topic!

How did you like the Laguz?

I liked them tons in PoR, and I liked them in RD, but in RD they got a bit worse, despite Olivi Grass (Heh, it makes them stronger LOL) and being able to counter attack in RD

TheCookieCutter
1st January 2009, 3:06 PM
They were pretty cool. I also thought it was funny when enemies would call them Half-Humans or something and they would go insane.

Solstice
1st January 2009, 3:28 PM
I like them, but I don't use them really often. It's annoying how their bar depletes while they're being attacked which limits their usefulness. This means they can't kill a whole army with counterattacks because they transform to human form after a few fights.

Sapphire Phoenix
1st January 2009, 7:25 PM
I like them, but I don't use them. I dislike the bar and how it goes down when they fight. But I like their designs and stuff.

darklord18
1st January 2009, 9:46 PM
I only like the the royals and the dragon. because the royal didn't have that bar and dragon for me only lose one point per battle.

Zorg
2nd January 2009, 12:49 AM
can someone please explain the laguz to me because i havent played 9 or 10 (yes, please feel sorry for me)

darklord18
2nd January 2009, 4:57 AM
there part human, part beast, bird, dragon. There are three. tribes.

Zorg
2nd January 2009, 9:11 AM
oh yup, sound kwl...

When did you first get into FE?

i got into it about 2 years ago... good times...

Sapphire Phoenix
2nd January 2009, 11:39 PM
Three years ago on Christmas. I wanted a new series to play, since I was getting bored of Pokemon and Zelda. So... I did a little research, and Fire Emblem looked fun to me. And so I got Sacred Stones for Christmas that year, and Path of Radiance for my Birthday the following year. I hated it at first, but I got over it and began to love it...

darklord18
2nd January 2009, 11:48 PM
A couple of year ago, I was reading a magazine and saw something about Path of radiance and decide to get it.

Solstice
2nd January 2009, 11:54 PM
When the first game came out in Europe. I don't know how long it was released before I bought it though. I saw it at a shop called Dixons and asked here at SPP if it was a good game. Most people said it was good, but Advance Wars was better. I bought Fire Emblem anyway and never played Advance Wars.

Zorg
3rd January 2009, 1:19 AM
yea, advanced s is good as well, probably not as fun to me, because i prefer swords and stuff over guns... ah, that would make a good topic!

What do you like better? Swords and such+Magic (eg: Final Fantasy/fire Emblem), or Guns and stuff (eg: Advance Wars)

Weapons and magic all the way, magic is so fun and popular in games and guns dont take as much skill to use. You can kill some by just pointing the gun at some one, and pulling a trigger. But with swords and stuff it takes skill to be able to wield it and being able to hit an enemy.

Note: if you say guns you are out of the Fire Emblem Club...

Note 2:im just kidding.... not.... no i am

Treeconator11
3rd January 2009, 1:44 AM
Guns and stuff!*Shot*

Anyway, swords and magic and stuff. It's more strategy, guns, BLAM, they're dead. Swords and magic, and stuff need skill, and strategy.

Anyway, I had a huge wall of text, but the forums were having problems, and it never got posted.

Sapphire Phoenix
4th January 2009, 1:02 AM
I like swords and magic too. Guns really take the fun out of the game IMHO, and always having to reload can become annoying on my part. I also perfer watching people fight with swords and such since it's more active and fluid. Guns... BAM... that's it.

darklord18
4th January 2009, 3:03 AM
I just like Swordfighting and magic way more.
It more fun than guns.

Zorg
4th January 2009, 9:56 AM
yea, and people think they're so kwl and powerful when they have a gun...
crossbows are just as kwl...

off topic: One thing i like about guns - Halo, i got Halo 3 today, about half way through it already

darklord18
4th January 2009, 11:39 AM
One thing I like about Fire emblem is that it one of sword fighting and magic like games I play that doesn't have blood in it. (I hate blood.)
Off topic: what dose kwl mean?

rotrum
4th January 2009, 6:39 PM
Darklord I agree one-hundred percent about the about the lack of blood thing.

Off-topic: I think kwl=kewl=cool

On-topic: I like Magic and weapons better...but mostly the magic part. Yay Magic, it's one of my favorite attack-things in games.

Treeconator11
5th January 2009, 2:08 AM
I say that it would be kinda cool if they had a little gore, but, it goes against the Nitendo Laws. I they make a fire emeblem TV show, and have 4Kids invovled, it would be killed, it would be taken off the air cause of the way they would censor it. With censoring, we'd have a two second episode.

Zorg
6th January 2009, 1:21 AM
yea... if it was a T.V show, it would be a japanese anime like Dragon Ball Z...

off topic(kind ov): well, its good that the FE club is back up. i was sure it was going to die.

And the next character ov the week will be postphoned to next monday... my step brothers are down for 2 weeks so im really busy... but iv u want we can have 2 next monday, from yesterday and next week... yea that sounds gud, if you havent voted on the FE7 character of the week (from now on COTW) then do that, but we are also doing the FE8 COTW. The results so far:

7:

Farina 1
Wil 2
raven 1
nino 1

8:

im gona go for.... cormag! all da way!

Treeconator11
6th January 2009, 1:34 AM
I vote for teh sword master, ruler of Jenana, Joshua!

Sapphire Phoenix
6th January 2009, 1:45 AM
Hrm... well, I vote for... Lyon, the troubled, possessed prince of Grado. Muahahaha!

darklord18
6th January 2009, 4:54 AM
Can we vote for the monsters in that game?

Edited sorry Zorg, i forget these thing but yeah I just vote for Lyon.

Zorg
6th January 2009, 5:17 AM
ohhh Dlord, that was a one liner... ill past it though... and.... yea, sure... but you mean like revanents and cerebureses and stuff aye?

Lyon 1 (i love that dark spell u get from him that never runs out...)
joshua 1 (i knew someone would say him)
ewan 1

omg! i forgot about ross, amelia and ewan!!! im going to change my cormag to ewan!

darklord18
6th January 2009, 12:24 PM
Sorry I just edited it.
I try no to do that again.

The Admiral
6th January 2009, 3:25 PM
Okay, I'd like to join. Answering your old questions:
inb4 suggestion of Sonia Canas, Guy, Joshua, Matthew, Lucius (all 7, except Joshua, 8)
Eliwood and Hector... also Lyn counts, as I recall. (7)
Played 7 and parts of 8.
For what reason would someone want to join a Fire Emblem club other than liking the series? Come on, man...

Please and thank you.

Solstice
6th January 2009, 11:46 PM
What do you like better? Swords and such+Magic (eg: Final Fantasy/fire Emblem), or Guns and stuff (eg: Advance Wars)

Weapons and magic of course. That's why I play games like Fire Emblem and MapleStory. I was never really into shooters, but I've been playing Resistance last week and I like it. Even though I prefer games with the conservative weapons like swords, magic (though it never really existed) and crossbows, shooters aren't really bad. This includes RPG's with shooter elements like Advance Wars and Valkyria Chronicles.

Next topic:
Pokemon or Fire Emblem?

This should be a hard one for everybody. I've been playing Pokemon for 10 years now so of course it's one of my favorite series. It was my favorite until I started playing Fire Emblem. But Fire Emblem became my all time favorite serie after PoR.
Pokemon is a good game, but it's getting boring after a while. You can literally beat the game with a Pidgey. Barely any skill required. Fire Emblem is a game which requires some skill and thinking. It's also a game which just screams to be played multiple times.

Just a little fact: There was a Fire Emblem anime, about 15 years ago. But it got cancelled after 2 episodes.

darklord18
7th January 2009, 12:00 AM
Okay, I'd like to join. Answering your old questions:
inb4 suggestion of Sonia Canas, Guy, Joshua, Matthew, Lucius (all 7, except Joshua, 8)
Eliwood and Hector... also Lyn counts, as I recall. (7)
Played 7 and parts of 8.
For what reason would someone want to join a Fire Emblem club other than liking the series? Come on, man...

Please and thank you.

Ok you can join I just let Zorg know.
on topic.
I like pokemon better because of I play it longer than Fire emblem but that doesn't mean i don't like Fire emblem just I find pokemon more fun.

Zorg
7th January 2009, 12:06 AM
wow, that is hard... pokemon or FE... it all depends on what gaming styles you like... its a bit like this:(based of what i think)
FE Poke
Stratergie 10 8
action 8 1/2
storyline 8 9 but they need to get something new... my rating would go down as games came out with the same storyline...

and so on... if you like, slower, non-bloody and more fantasy, u would go with pokemon, but if you wanted a major stratergy, with some fantasy and action, u would go FE...
i would have to go FE...

I'm surprised we would get a new member so late in the club, i would have figured that all the FE fans would have already joined... but yea, Tempus Fugit, you're in... just join in the convisations, and the other members make him/her welcome... *hehehe, dunyflush time... cough cough*

and just so you know Dlord, you broke the rules again, that was spam/off topic so im gona have to give you your first warning, still edit it though... :(

yay, someone else who has pretty much only played 7 has joined! just one question to you Tempus Fugit, apart from the first time you played the game, have you ever trained any of the following people? marcus, wallace, vaida, isadora, renault, pent, loiuse or any of those other people? and good on you for saying lucius in your top 5, i worship him!

lyon 2
ewan 1
joshua 1

The Admiral
7th January 2009, 1:00 AM
just one question to you Tempus Fugit, apart from the first time you played the game, have you ever trained any of the following people? marcus, wallace, vaida, isadora, renault, pent, loiuse or any of those other people? and good on you for saying lucius in your top 5, i worship him!

Off-hand, of the ones you specifically listed, I can only remember for certain that I did a lot with Wallace. Wallace is practically a staple for me during at least the early game, and usually a pretty good later unit, too.

Regarding Fire Emblem vs. Pokemon, I've been playing them about equally lately, but I think I enjoy Fire Emblem more in the over-all, mostly because I've never really had a period where I've dropped completely off of playing it since I got into the series, whereas I haven't played Pokemon in nearly three years until recently.

Sapphire Phoenix
7th January 2009, 1:10 AM
Yayz, welcome Tempus Fugit!

Pokemon or Fire Emblem?
Wow, that's hard. I've been playing Pokemon longer and love it with all my heart, but I also love Fire Emblem. It has themes that are absent in pokemon, and I like that... And both have great game play IMO...

I choose both.

Treeconator11
7th January 2009, 2:17 AM
Pokemon or Fire Emblem?

Really, I'd have to say both. They both involve strategy, and finding new tactics, really, they both challenge me to always do better, so I'd say both.

Zorg
7th January 2009, 11:02 PM
soo... by the looks of things, the characters of the week on monday will be lyon and wil...

new topic (because i really want to find this out with other people)

Did you ever get Farina? what did you think of her? also, did you ever get Karla?( this is FE7)

yes, i have gotten farina, and she is MIIINNNNTTTTTTT best character in the game same with nino and hector. but i havent bothered with karla, she is to late in he game, your Guy will be better, and she is just another, c**p, pre-promoted character...

just so people know, once my step brothers leave, i will continue with my fan fic, and i will continue with my role play plans which i might post here first, so we can all state what we think because we are going to be the main ones there...

Sapphire Phoenix
8th January 2009, 1:10 AM
Did you ever get Farina? what did you think of her? also, did you ever get Karla?( this is FE7)
*Thinks* Er, I played on Hector's Story once, and I didn't get Farina. Karla, on the other hand, I think I did get her. But I can't remember right.

Zorg
8th January 2009, 2:33 AM
karla is the girl that you get in the chapter when you buy stuff for 5 turns. you have to have bartre lv.5 upgrade aswell and some other stuff...

Sapphire Phoenix
8th January 2009, 2:43 AM
Yeah, I didn't get her... But I have heard of her before. Once I get my team full of the people I want, I don't bother getting new recruits (unless their easy to get).

darklord18
11th January 2009, 12:08 AM
What type of maps (survival, defeat boss, etc) did you like the most?
I defending one the best. but the survival is ok as well.

Treeconator11
11th January 2009, 12:23 AM
Defeat boss, all teh way. I push through and destroy the stupid fool that opposes me. I hate rout a lot, cause all of my units are offensively inclined, but some are fragile. Survive, I use my more defensive units, and wall in.

Sapphire Phoenix
11th January 2009, 12:36 AM
Defeat boss and rout enemy. I kill everyone on the map (most of the time) before I head towards the boss, which I use a combination of long range magic/bows and normal users. I try to get the units who need the exp to kill the boss.

On rout I just weaken the enemy when a unit needing exp comes in for the kill.

I hate survival and arrive by a certain amount of turns.

rotrum
11th January 2009, 12:50 AM
I likje defeat boss, I also destroy every unit before i kill the boss and use my exp-needy chracters to kill the boss.

Zorg
11th January 2009, 1:18 AM
i like the interesting ones that you might only have a couple of times in the game... i mainly just like finding out where the battle is set and like the fun stuff like when it is on a pirate ship and stuff...

good to see we have thought of new topics and stuff... it might be a bit before we crash and burn in this thred...

darklord18
13th January 2009, 10:15 AM
i like the interesting ones that you might only have a couple of times in the game... i mainly just like finding out where the battle is set and like the fun stuff like when it is on a pirate ship and stuff...

good to see we have thought of new topics and stuff... it might be a bit before we crash and burn in this thred...

I know what you mean.
but that the fun of it isn't it, in 9 you had to fight on a ship for two chapter. Man I wish they had more those in 9 and 10.

Solstice
13th January 2009, 1:24 PM

Rout and defeat boss equally, because they're basicly the same. I rout for the exp anyway. But what I really love are the chapters which keeps spawning special units (fliers, horseriders, armored, laguz, Manakete) at set places. Very good exp for chars with certain weapons. Chapter 24 of SD is a good example. Reinforcements spawn until turn 49.
As I said before, I'm not a speedrunner, I enjoy training the chars to the max level.

Almost all chapters in SD are of the defeat boss type. This way you can abuse the bosses to train your chars. But since the Warp Staff is also very abusable it's extremely easy to beat the bosses.

Zorg
14th January 2009, 1:02 AM
so, how many people got 11?

new topic:

Have you done any FE challenges?

im doing a male only game on 6.... thats about it...

edit:

oh shoot i forgot about the character of the week!!! ill do it tomorrow, sorry guys ive been busy and forgetting... i hate it when my step-brothers are here

Sapphire Phoenix
14th January 2009, 1:11 AM
It's not out yet in teh US ;_;

Er... I guess I've only used a max of 6 characters in PoR before... and beaten a FE game within 6 hours. Other than that, I don't do challenges. I like using the people I've used before...

Solstice
14th January 2009, 11:27 AM
so, how many people got 11?

new topic:

I guess I'm the only one.

I've been doing quite some challenges. I've done a female only game in PoR. Well, that isn't hard at all, except that you'll have to use only Titania in the first chapters. Now I'm doing a mage only game in PoR. I'm in chapter 9, but haven't played that game in months. Also planning to do a Laguz only game. And of course there's my challenge to have all chars at max level, which I've completed in PoR. In fact, PoR is the only game which I've beaten more than once.

darklord18
17th January 2009, 10:57 PM
No, I don't do challenges.

New topic.
What did you like to change in one fire emblem game?

I would have add that map thing form 8 and put it in 10, I just like being able to do something after beating the game.

Sapphire Phoenix
17th January 2009, 11:41 PM
Put back normal support converstations in 10. As much as I like the option of being able to support with anyone, I really miss the information you gain about people from those converstations. I'd also would have added some sort of map to make 10 longer once you've beat it. That and added Wi-fi to 10.

Zorg
18th January 2009, 1:59 AM
well, on that question i would have to agree with Dlord, but in most games, including 7 (because 7 rocks!). Thats another good thing about fire emblem, you can play the game over and over again, not getting bored, and training up new people

ok, characters of the week, ill do them now, and people can now vote on the COTW for FE9.

Picture in good detail of him (http://fireemblem.neoseeker.com/w/i/fireemblem/c/c1/Wil.png)

Name:Wil
Game:7
Weapon: Bow-->Bow
Class: Archer-->Sniper
Starting lv: 2 (or 4)
Relations in other/this game(s):N/A
Starting stats:
HP: 20/21
Attk: 6
Def: 5
Luck: 6/7
Skill: 5
Spd: 5/6
Res: 0/1
Chapter joins: 3 (Lyn), 16 (Eliwood), 17 (Hector)

Picture in good detail of him (http://fireemblem.neoseeker.com/w/i/fireemblem/1/12/Lyon.jpg)
Name:Lyon
Game:8
Weapon: Dark Magic
Class: Necromancer
Starting lv: 14
Relations in other/this game(s):N/A
Starting stats:
HP: 44
Mag: 22
Def: 17
Luck: 4
Skill: 13
Spd: 11
Res: 19
Chapter joins: After game(monster campaign)

darklord18
18th January 2009, 2:21 AM
I my votes for Ilyana.
She the only thunder mage you get and is very good (for me that is) when fighting dragons and armor units.

Sapphire Phoenix
18th January 2009, 2:31 AM
SOREN!!!!! :D

You get him in Chapter 4 and he's there for the whole game. He has a high magic and speed stat, and his Adept Skill comes in handy a lot.

I know which RD character I'm voting for...

Sogeking
20th January 2009, 12:36 AM

Make 8 better.

But honestly I would up the difficulty a little bit in each of the games, aside from the ones I haven't played. Hard mode does a good job, but mostly all they do is add more Pegasus knights.

Treeconator11
20th January 2009, 3:10 AM
Soren, kinda fragile at first, but when he's rolling, HE KICKS MO**ER FU**ING A**!

Blade Knight
20th January 2009, 9:04 PM
Hey, I'm just posting to say that I have to quit this club. Mainly due to my lack of activity but also because my attention is pulled elsewhere (my own club and the D/P/Plt battle sections). So with all due respect, I take my leave.

Keep your minds sharp. ^_^

Zorg
20th January 2009, 11:01 PM
ok Blade Knight, i accept your leave...................

can someone make a new topic, i cant think of any... oh:

In 8, did you train in the tower/ruins or in wild monster battles?

I do the tower and ruins...

darklord18
21st January 2009, 12:22 AM
Bye Blade knight,. Have fun.
Get, A new topic and I can't answer it.

Sapphire Phoenix
21st January 2009, 1:19 AM
By Blade Knight...

In 8, did you train in the tower/ruins or in wild monster battles?
I mostly did the tower. I didn't like the monster battles for the fog, and the ruins came too late in the game.

Treeconator11
21st January 2009, 1:23 AM
I will admit,I did tower abuse Ross,he got to be a good hero.

Zorg
21st January 2009, 1:30 AM
yea, ross, amelia and ewan are all mint

In 6,7 and 8, what is your fave type of mage(not healer). First type of magic, and also, fave mage class?

I like light magic and my fave class is probably Bishop, but Summoner is kind of kwl... well, interesting...

Sapphire Phoenix
21st January 2009, 1:42 AM
I used the tower to level up Vanessa/Ross/Neimi/Eirika.

In 6,7 and 8, what is your fave type of mage(not healer). First type of magic, and also, fave mage class?
Well, I like Lute from 8, as well as Arthur. I like using Anima magic since it has a good balance of power and hit percentage. Sage is my favorite class since it since it just looks cool (and I love watching the critical hit).

But if you factor in 9 and 10, Soren owns Lute and Arthur. I still like Anima Magic, but I mainly use wind (because of Soren). And my favorite class is still Sage overall, even though Archsage is becoming a favorite of mine...

Zorg
23rd January 2009, 8:59 PM
ok guys, bad anouncement, Shinigami13, Sogeking, Tempus Fugit, Hg-Mike, Blazios and Otaku-Dono, are going to be removed from the members list, because about 3 weeks ago, i sent them a message saying that they would be removed if they didnt post in a week... and that time is up... so we dont have nearly as many members now, but they can rejoin...

Sapphire Phoenix
23rd January 2009, 9:17 PM
Aw, well, more members will come eventually... but they lose their claims... right?

GrizzlyB
23rd January 2009, 9:47 PM
ok guys, bad anouncement, Shinigami13, Sogeking, Tempus Fugit, Hg-Mike, Blazios and Otaku-Dono, are going to be removed from the members list, because about 3 weeks ago, i sent them a message saying that they would be removed if they didnt post in a week... and that time is up... so we dont have nearly as many members now, but they can rejoin...

Hold on a tic, Sogeking most definitely did post quite recently. His post was #174, if you want to verify. Not sure about the other people, but you might want to re-check them, as well.

And let it be known (to anybody who cares, at any rate) that I always check this club when it has new posts. I'm just someone who only posts myself if I think I have something really good to contribute, and I just... haven't. =/

That being said, though, with the US release of Shadow Dragon being within a month and having recently obtained a functioning, English version of Sword of Seals, I might actually have something worthwhile to bring to the club in the near future, discussion-wise.

Treeconator11
23rd January 2009, 10:28 PM
My fave magic, was Anima for power, Light for reliablity, and dark cause of the animations rocking.

For class, Mage knight was cool, but sage pwns so much ***, it ain't funny.

Solstice
23rd January 2009, 11:02 PM
Some advice for the Americans: Don't expect a lot from SD. It's a lot shorter than the other games and it's quite easy on normal mode. I beat the game in only 24 hours and I was abusing the bosses all the time. My fastest time in PoR was 22 hours, while rushing.
But for some reason I have quite some problems with H1 and I'm at the beginning...

Zorg
24th January 2009, 12:46 AM
well, all of those people, have had less than 5 posts, which isnt many, they can rejoin later, and ill delete their claims later

Sapphire Phoenix
24th January 2009, 8:45 PM
...New Topic:

If any FE character could have been an Assist Trophy, or a playable character in Brawl, who would you like to see? And what would they do/their moves be?
Soren (*gasp* it's a shocker >.>) for assist Trophy would be cool. He would summon a huge gust of wind to sweep enemies off the field, or used Elwind to attack the closest Enemy (his power would double if the player who summoned him was Ike). I'd like to see either the Black Knight as a playable character, or Ephraim. For their attacks... I don't know right now x.x

BTW, FE: SD is apparently coming out on Feb. 16 in the US...

Solstice
24th January 2009, 9:36 PM
If any FE character could have been an Assist Trophy, or a playable character in Brawl, who would you like to see? And what would they do/their moves be?
Roy...

A magic user like Soren would be a nice addition. Lyn would be a nice playable character. And I want to see a spearuser, like Nephenee.

Treeconator11
24th January 2009, 10:13 PM

I'd like to see Shinon or rofl as an assist trophey, they'd shoot arrows eveywhere, pure slaghter with shinon, but rolf would be more common.

Neathyr
28th January 2009, 1:20 AM
Someone like Canas would be great. It would be fun if he had time to do his reading during the fight.
I'm not a member, but I really like FE (my favorite RPG to play alone, IMO). If this isn't a problem posting here...

Zorg
28th January 2009, 1:23 AM
umm... you arn't a member, which means you can't post in this club. Just follow the first post...

darklord18
28th January 2009, 11:19 AM
Really sorry, I join other clubs and keep forget this club.
Ilyana or Soren (sorry if spell wrong.) just because we need someone from FE that is a mage. I don't know their move though.
I would think Roy or The Black knight would be good Assist trophy, both going up to opponents and hitting them.

Solstice
28th January 2009, 2:40 PM
Woohoo, FE cosplay at Tsunacon =D
http://www.redcathedral.be/aztek-tv/gallery/people/cosplay/2009/tsunacon/4/index.htm
(Scroll down)

Blazios
4th February 2009, 10:48 AM

You sent me no such message. I haven't posted much around the forums lately, but I've still been on and just because I have nothing to say doesn't mean that I don't want to be a part of the club.

Soren, Black Knight.

Sapphire Phoenix
7th February 2009, 3:47 AM
New Topic: Which game's plot do you like the most? Which the least?
Random, I know... I'll answer later...

rotrum
7th February 2009, 4:17 AM

UHh Joshua is already a trophy right? I want him to be upgraded to playable character and have colm take his place (My two favorite chracters...)

Which game's plot do you like the most? Which the least?

Uhh I've only played FE8

Zorg
7th February 2009, 10:00 AM
Which game's plot do you like the most? Which the least?

i dont pay that much attention... ive only played 6,7 and 8... id say they are all about the same...

Solstice
7th February 2009, 2:11 PM
They're basicly the same. First your country is invaded by an ally and you have to find out why. But I have to say that RD makes a nice plottwist.

Treeconator11
12th February 2009, 4:18 AM
New topic! Sorry I was gone, I was on vacation

What's your fav pysical weapon? (Swords, lances, axes, or bows.)

Lances are balanced, but the bow can hit from 2 spaces away. They're both good.

Sapphire Phoenix
13th February 2009, 1:30 AM
I like all of them except axes. Swords are usually used by the best units, lances are really reliable, and bows are just useful when it comes to whittling down the enemy's health. I hate axes since I've had bad experiances with them. When I needed one to hit, most of the time it'd miss.

darklord18
13th February 2009, 2:37 AM

Sword, their balance in all areas. Axe are the worst as they miss a lot.

Solstice
13th February 2009, 3:33 AM
Everything but axes. Many people dislikes bows, but I don't know why. Sure, it sucks if you can't counterattack most of the time, but it's nice that the opponent can't counterattack aswell. Swords are the most accurate weapons, but in the end you don't need that accuracy anyway. I think that lances are the best. They are stronger than swords while keeping a good accuracy.

Sapphire Phoenix
21st February 2009, 11:38 PM
I got Shadow Dragon today and I've been playing it. I'm on Chapter 2 >.<

Since SD is finally out in the US, new topic:

What is your thoughts on SD (if you have it)? Spoilers go in spoiler tags...
I dont' like it. Why? The idea of sacrificing one of your units to open up a way is stupid. Sure, that's probably how real life warfare works, but I really don't like it. I had to sacrifice Frey, and I don't even know if I'd need him later on D:

Otherwise, it's fine.

Solstice
22nd February 2009, 2:37 AM
Already posted my opinion, because I already had it. Even though it sure isn't the best Fire Emblem, it is still playable.

rotrum
22nd February 2009, 3:18 AM
Hopefully I'll get Fire EMblem SD in a few days and I can play it then, I hear frey is very good on gamefaqs. I read two faqs that liked him, apparently wolf is very good for a prepromoted character too. I also hear some of the best chars aren't worth it. Like Est comes late in the game and at low lvl but has great stat growths. Gotoh is awesome but he comes on the last chpater of the game.

I have no idea what i'm saying, jsut repeating stuff i read in faqs and guides

^^Yoshinichi^^
22nd February 2009, 4:54 AM
Heh, I'm definitely joining this club! I've played and beaten Fire Emblem:The Sacred Stones quite a few times, and I'm playing through Fire Emblem:The Blazing Sword, right now. I plan on getting Fire Emblem:Shadow Dragon quite soon!

My favourite Fire Emblem characters right now would have to be...Gerik, Joshua, Lute, Knoll and Lyon. Mainly Lyon, as I have much sympathy for him.
:(

The main lords? Eirika and Ephraim are the lords of FE8 and Lyn, Hecotr and Eliwood are the lords of FE7.

I want to join so I can meet friends that share my hobby, simply enough.

Ephraim and Eirika would make a neat Kat & Ana style Assist Trophy, or like Latios & Latias. They wouldn't jump quickly around the screen, though. They'd do a team attack with a strength equivalent to the above two team attacks mentioned.

Solstice
22nd February 2009, 12:59 PM
Hopefully I'll get Fire EMblem SD in a few days and I can play it then, I hear frey is very good on gamefaqs. I read two faqs that liked him, apparently wolf is very good for a prepromoted character too. I also hear some of the best chars aren't worth it. Like Est comes late in the game and at low lvl but has great stat growths. Gotoh is awesome but he comes on the last chpater of the game.

I have no idea what i'm saying, jsut repeating stuff i read in faqs and guides
Frey was the char I sacrificed in the beginning. Like with most FE games you get a lot of horseriders in the beginning. I chose to train Abel.
Wolf just has broken growths. Plus you can change classes which makes him an uber general. Using him as a general is like cheating.

Sapphire Phoenix
22nd February 2009, 3:44 PM
Heh, I'm definitely joining this club! I've played and beaten Fire Emblem:The Sacred Stones quite a few times, and I'm playing through Fire Emblem:The Blazing Sword, right now. I plan on getting Fire Emblem:Shadow Dragon quite soon!

My favourite Fire Emblem characters right now would have to be...Gerik, Joshua, Lute, Knoll and Lyon. Mainly Lyon, as I have much sympathy for him.
:(

The main lords? Eirika and Ephraim are the lords of FE8 and Lyn, Hecotr and Eliwood are the lords of FE7.

I want to join so I can meet friends that share my hobby, simply enough.

Ephraim and Eirika would make a neat Kat & Ana style Assist Trophy, or like Latios & Latias. They wouldn't jump quickly around the screen, though. They'd do a team attack with a strength equivalent to the above two team attacks mentioned.
Welcome to the club!! :D

Frey was the char I sacrificed in the beginning. Like with most FE games you get a lot of horseriders in the beginning. I chose to train Abel.
Wolf just has broken growths. Plus you can change classes which makes him an uber general. Using him as a general is like cheating.
Yeah, I like how you can change their classes. I've already done that to Jargen. Now he's a Dracoknight ^^ I'm at Chapter 6 now...

Solstice
22nd February 2009, 6:43 PM
Changing classes looks interesting, but I don't really like it. I don't see the use of it. Haven't used it in my first game, but I'm doing it now in my second game.

Treeconator11
23rd February 2009, 4:34 AM
Class change is cool, but I'm broke so I can't get FE11. New Topic!

Which system do you think the next FE will be on?

I'm thinking Wii, cause it's next gen, and it was pretty cool, the control sheme.

Sapphire Phoenix
24th February 2009, 1:46 AM
Which system do you think the next FE will be on?
It can go any way. Wii because... it's the Wii, while it can go to the DSi since it's a new system. I hope it's on the Wii... and not a remake :x

Zorg
5th March 2009, 4:19 AM
i think they should do it on another T.V console... Xbox or PS2. prefferably Xbox 360 because i have one... lol

just so people know, i have 11 now!!! change class is pretty kwl, you can change peoples classes to suit the enemies on the map, but i dont do it... dont know why, there are lots of characters too, and you can soop up weapons, but only once a lv.

also, i think there are about 4 final chapters and some extra ones too... im up two chapter 15, it goes to chapter 24 i think and then final chapter I, II, III and IV.

Solstice
5th March 2009, 8:20 AM
Nah, Fire Emblem is a Nintendo game and it should stay that way. And IF they switch consoles, then let it be on the PS3. I still think they should've continued Fire Emblem 64.

KurashiDragon19
6th March 2009, 1:24 AM
I've only played two games. Radiant Dawn and Sacred stones. I got my fill of Stones but Dawn is still awesome to me.

Jill: Dude dragon's are awesome. It's interesting to note that she has the most natural looking dragon in Radiant Dawn. That's the feel I got from the dragon anyways. Black and red dragons are cool to.

Sothe: He's so cool. The first movie in radiant dawn showed him in action. My fav part was when he sliced the soldiers neck like butter. Nobody saw that coming and it was so flipping cool.

Joshua (I haven't played Sacred stones in over two years so bear with me for the spelling.): Swordmaster supreme. I thought that it was kinda cool that he's a prince.

Lute: She's an awesome mage. Period!!!!

Volug: Dude a wolf. A really cool one. I think he can be awesome if you use him right.

Illyana: I'm in love with thunder mages. Even if thunder was nerfed in Radiant Dawn.

Maciah (Her name is tough to spell. Bear with me cause I don't pay attention to the names.)
Ike: Dude never underestimate the blue haired man with the super sword. He will pwn everything.

Let's see. The plot of Sacred stones revoles around the biggest country and how it invades all the others. Then it centers around the demon kings release.

Radiant Dawn starts with Daien's ressurection. Then leading to Crimea's civil war. That then leads to an all out war between the laguz alliance and bengion. This awakens the goddess Ashera who turns everyone (Save Ike and company) to stone. Oh and as extra proof The little girl (The branded girl) Amy doesn't get turned to stone. (Probly because she is one of the branded)

Are you kidding. I've loved Fire Emblem sense I saw Marth and Roy on Melee. The creators of the game obviously got to me when they advertized Fire Emblem on Melee.

Also I would want it to be on the ds but honostly I don't care as long as it's on a current nintento system. (Sense I have them both.) I want a burning blade remake. I liked roy much better than marth on melee. I like Shadow Dragon but I want Burning Blade.

Sapphire Phoenix
6th March 2009, 1:54 AM
KurashiDragon19, welcome to the club! If you think Radiant Dawn is awesome, you should get your hands on Path of Radiance, since it's the game that came right before it.

I'm on Chapter 11 on SD, and I've been there for over a week. I probably won't pick it up again until I've gotten my fair share of Platinum.

GrizzlyB
6th March 2009, 2:15 AM
i think they should do it on another T.V console... Xbox or PS2. prefferably Xbox 360 because i have one... lol

Yeah, that's never ever going to happen, since Fire Emblem always has been a Nintendo-exclusive series, and not letting go of them seems to be one of the few things Nintendo's doing right these days.

I was going to say that I'd like it on a console more at first, too, but then again, it works really well as a handheld, so... I really can't pick one or the other.

Even if thunder was nerfed in Radiant Dawn.

Wait... if you never played Path of Radiance, how could you tell?

And unfortunately, I still haven't gotten Shadow Dragon, since I have so many other games I haven't played yet, but I intend to soon. Also making slow leeway on Blazing Sword, but other than that, I haven't played much Fire Emblem in a while. I feel empty inside.

Zorg
6th March 2009, 2:40 AM
Blazing sword, that 7 right? ive completed that a million times and i never get bored...

Just to point out people, what are two things that are the same about these characters:

Hector, Marth and Ike...

Who has SD and a set up wi-fi point?

Sapphire Phoenix
6th March 2009, 2:43 AM
Blue Hair!1!

I don't like 7. It was the only one I had a hard time completing... and I hold grudges for reasons like that :/

No Wifi for me...

rotrum
6th March 2009, 2:53 AM
I have good wifi and SD for the DS, I'm at chapter 12.

They are all...cahracters that...are male

I am stuck in 12

My strongest cahracter is Cain. lvl 19 16 exp.

GrizzlyB
6th March 2009, 2:59 AM
Blazing sword, that 7 right? ive completed that a million times and i never get bored...

Yeah, it is. I actually meant 6, Sword of Seals or whatever it is precisely. I've already completed 7 several times.

greywolf123
6th March 2009, 4:43 AM
Can I join?

Solstice
6th March 2009, 9:11 AM
Hmm, let's see...

6: Still in my first game. It's a lot harder than the others.
7: Beat it only once, years after I got the game. I want to beat it a few more times.
8: Beat it once, but it was on a rom. Started a second game.
9: In fact the only FE I beat more than once. I lost count but I beat it at least 5 times.
10: Only once and didn't start a new game yet. But I will.
11: Beat it once, started a game on hard and got bored somehow.

Fire Emblem is my favorite game, but somehow I don't really feel like playing it. There are so many other games I want to beat for the first time instead of beating games for the second time.

Should they have kept Micaiah's original name, Mikaya?
I like Mikaya, it's way easier to spell. And I've named one of my MapleStory chars Mikaya.

Zorg
6th March 2009, 7:42 PM
greywolf123, please fill out the form in the first post, all the lords you know of, why you like FE, the FE games you've played and your fave non-lord characters.

Rotrum, your 1 chapter ahead of Sapphire Phoenix, chapter 13 or 14 is really annoying just to let you know, its a desert level... im up to chapter 22, nearly finished the game! So far two people in my party have died and i didn't load, that was Cain i think recently, and some other random a while ago...

make sure you always have some warp staff, it can help, alot! anyway, im surprised your Cain is your highest lv, my healer always was... i ended up promoting my characters early because i knew im nearly at the end of the game, here's my party (Note: Shiida is MINT!!! ends up better than the other Dracoknight you get, even though i still train her... also, people who cant be upgraded: Lord, theif, ballistian go to lv. 30):

Marth lv. 22
Lena lv. 6 U
Merric lv. 5 U
Ogma(is awesome) lv. 5 U
Hardin lv. 2 U
Frey lv. 3 U
Minerva lv. 13 U
Wolf lv. 7 U
Maria lv. 12
Wrys (i promoted him like lv.12) lv. 2 U
Draug lv. 2 U (pretty good)

this is my Shiida: (in other versions its Caeda or something)

Lv. 7 U
HP 32
Str 15
Mag 0
Skill 22
Spd 23 (it was 20 when i upgraded her some she maxed it in like 4 lvs)
Lck 25
Def 16
Res 3

Still... i hate the lack of resistance through out the game, dont worry though, some people get like 6 when they're upgraded...

Solstice
6th March 2009, 7:53 PM
Did you know you can buy items in the online store? I saved all my money so I could promote my chars way earlier, because I had them at level 20 quite a while before I got the promotion items.

KurashiDragon19
6th March 2009, 9:39 PM
Wait... if you never played Path of Radiance, how could you tell?

I use a walkthrough for Radiant Dawn (Don't take it the wrong way. I've played that game so many times it should rightfully be illegal. lol) and it says that Illyana sucks because thunder magic was nerfed in the game.

Sapphire Phoenix
6th March 2009, 11:39 PM
Fire Emblem is my favorite game, but somehow I don't really feel like playing it. There are so many other games I want to beat for the first time instead of beating games for the second time.
Don't feel bad, I'm the same way. I've been on the same file on Radiant Dawn for over the last year, and I when I do feel like playing it... I don't feel like playing it when I do start.

My strongest Character is probably Caeda (sp). She's a Lv. 13. Everyone else is around a Lv. 8, while other units I don't use as much (like Marth D: ) is around a Lv. 4. That is probably going to bite me in the butt one time.

Should they have kept Micaiah's original name, Mikaya?
I like both names, so I don't care what they did.

KurashiDragon19
7th March 2009, 2:47 AM
Nah, I think Micaiah is cooler. I don't know why I just don't like the way Mikaya looks.... or something.

Zorg
7th March 2009, 3:01 AM
did you Solstice? I had to promote my people early, are you going to download a Elysian Whip to get a Falcon Knight?

Yes Sapphire, it probably will, im up to chapter 24 now, only like four or five chapters left... this chapter has HEAPS of mamakutes which makes it annoying...

Solstice
7th March 2009, 10:02 AM
did you Solstice? I had to promote my people early, are you going to download a Elysian Whip to get a Falcon Knight?

Yes Sapphire, it probably will, im up to chapter 24 now, only like four or five chapters left... this chapter has HEAPS of mamakutes which makes it annoying...
I boss abused every chapter, so I had them at level 20 in no time. I never promote early, because I want to train them to max level.
Didn't got a falcon knight in my first game, but I will in my second.

Chapter 24 was one of my favorites. They keep on spawning until turn 49, which means lots of experience. It's a very good way to train Tiki.

KurashiDragon19
10th March 2009, 4:20 AM
I've only just gotten started with Boss abusing. Actually if you ask me it's hard on Radiant Dawn. At least that's what I think.

Zorg
10th March 2009, 7:04 AM
yay finished the game a couple days ago, doing a file on *** hard.

Just so people know, im writing a FE11 walkthrough, and if its alright, sometimes i might post questions here for you to answer just to make it easier for me...

Solstice
10th March 2009, 10:34 AM
Boss abusing is easy in SD because almost all chapters require you to beat the boss. The annoying thing is that you'll do a lot of damage in the end, so you either kill him or have to wait a couple of turns before you can attack him again.

Zorg
10th March 2009, 7:18 PM
yea, i might try to boss abuse this time...

who here hated chapter 14 or whatever, the desert level. that is going to be frigin hard on the harder difficulties...

darklord18
13th March 2009, 9:48 AM
/\ That why you bring Mages and flyers with you. in RD I only had flyer and Laguz plus some mages. But the level that are hard are the ones where your army is all over the place like the defend levels. Like it take about 2 to 3 turn to get your army in the right place and at that time the enemy can get close to you or through your defense. (like they did to me, I had main character move to trade a weapon and the next turn a flyer came and land on the square I had to protect.)

Zorg
13th March 2009, 9:55 AM
yea, but there's a really strong guy who you cant kill and you have to hold him off until like turn 5...

edit: whoops... one lining.... so Sapphire, you still on chapter 11 or whatever...?

darklord18
13th March 2009, 10:01 AM
Had that happen to me before, nearly lost a Bishop and a General.

But best thing I found out is that on those if you move away and have your units close together, They won't be lost so easier.

Zorg
13th March 2009, 10:10 AM
yea, that normally helps...

has anyone here actually played a FE below 6? eg: 1,2,3...

Sapphire Phoenix
14th March 2009, 1:44 AM
edit: whoops... one lining.... so Sapphire, you still on chapter 11 or whatever...?

Yeah... sadly. I haven't played it in weeks X.x

Er... *thinks of something to put* What exactly is boss abusing? I try to kill bosses ASAP before something bad happens :/

rotrum
14th March 2009, 2:46 AM
I'm in chapter 13...I hate ballistas...Right before I won the chapter a ballista killed off MArth...I didn';t save....*cry*

Cain is now a lvl 1 Paladin. The next highest levle person woh isn't prepromoted is...Draug the dark mage at lvl 11 ( ithink) All my good units are at least 5 (thief) to 21 (cain) except fr prepromotes and ballisticians. I liked cain the most because he wasn't an old man like frey and i like ther name cain more thne abel. (out of first three cavaliers). My wolf is my defensive unit, His health hasn't fallen below 10 sonce he started to get used to being a General. Most archers ca'nt hit him (except for a stupid sniper witha silvert bow....) He has super defense. I've trained him in bowmanship because he's so slow...

My main team is bacailly

Marth (Lord duh)
Caeda (Pegasus Knight) *lvl...oh yeah she is higr then draug but idun know detail*
Cain (Paladin) *lvl 1, has almsot as much hp as Wolf, and is almsot as defensive*
Wolf (General) *I forgot his lvl, but he is a huge tank with two range*
Draug (Dark mage) *I like him, lvl 11 or 12*
Jake (ballistician of course) *I might replace him with Beck afteri get him, who's better?*
Minerva (Dracokngiht) *unfortunately her super axe is breaking*
Maria and Wrys (Curates) *what is there to say, they are healers*
The sage guy (Sage) *i sjut use him cause he can heal and he has a little bit of power to him*
Julian (thief) *he;s my thief*

And a couple more people that i dun remember

Zorg
14th March 2009, 4:48 AM
i would say beck is better, but i didnt use either...

Thats pretty much my party in my first file lol... im doing the game again but training different people...

Solstice
14th March 2009, 1:35 PM
Huh? They called Sheeda Caeda in the American version? That's weird, because she's called Shiida in the European version.

@Sapphire Phoenix: Boss abusing is attacking the boss over and over again while letting him heal instead of killing him. This way you get a lot of exp.

Zorg
15th March 2009, 12:22 AM
Annoying thing about boss abusing, is that its harder to do it with people that can only attack close range...

I thought of something that i think is pretty much impossible, Shiida not maxing out speed before lv. 20...

Solstice
16th March 2009, 2:19 PM
Sure, but it's not hard to break his weapon(s). Just put a general in front of him until he breaks his weapon =)

Treeconator11
18th March 2009, 4:19 AM
The thing about FE8, you don't need to boss abuse,yay for tower, ruins, ans skrimishes!

KurashiDragon19
19th March 2009, 12:36 AM
Yay for Sacred Stones. lol

The game seemed kinda easy though. Then again I've always played it on easy.

Sapphire Phoenix
19th March 2009, 1:22 AM
You could just delete the second post...

I abuse the Tower in SS. When it first opens in the game I train there until everyone is above a Lv. 12... Yeah.

KurashiDragon19
19th March 2009, 2:40 AM
Didn't know that sry.

Tower abuse is Ultima. To tell the truth I think they should've made it a little harder to level up your characters in SS. It would've made the game more challenging. (Only because of the tower, ruins, ect.)

Topic: For those of you that have played the game have you ever used the ruins to train:

The only reason I ask this question is because its right before the final level. Usually my characters are around that level where I can beat the level without to much trouble.

Solstice
19th March 2009, 3:03 AM
I abused the arena in TSS. Only in TSS, because it's a rom and it's so much easier to do it on roms. I'm still looking for the GBA game though. It's the only English game I don't have.