PDA

View Full Version : The Greek Mythology Lovers Alliance

Stoc15
29th November 2008, 3:00 AM
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee338/YolkManZ/rannor-1.jpg

Hello, I'm Stoc15. And this is the Greek Mythology Lovers Alliance. Remember to please follow the rules that are about to be posted below; if you don't, you are banned from this thread. And if you try to do anything to break the rules, I will contact the mods. Just remember that. Anywho, here are the rules of this very epic, and cool club:

The Rules of the Greek Mythology Lovers Alliance
1. Follow the Serebii Rules and the Club rules.
2. Give credit if you use fanart posted here.
3.Keep swearing and blood if you post fan fiction or a story to a PG-13 level.
4. Don't try to take control if I am gone for just a few hours, or ever.
5. Don't disobey the authority of the owner, me, and the co-owners and mods of this thread.
6. Have fun!
7. One last thing, just don't come here to flame Greek Mythology
8. Also add "Zeus is godly!" for acceptance to your first post.

The Ranking System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Pantheon (The Pokemon Sprites represent the personalities of the people they are next to.
Zeus Rank- Stoc15 ;136;
Poseidon Rank (co-owner rank)-Wolfgang. Amadeus ;107;
Ares Rank (co-owner rank)-Krug ;078;
Hades Rank (co-owner rank)-Handymankg2 ;026;
Dionysus Rank (mod-rank)-yhyiannis ;492-s;
Hestia Rank (mod rank)-
Hera Rank (mod rank)-
Aphrodite Rank (mod rank)-
Apollo Rank (mod rank)-Luppi ;412;
Hephaestus Rank (founding member )-
Demeter Rank (founding member)-
Hermes Rank (founding member)-
Regular Creatures
Demigods-
Heroes-
Nymphs-
Crucial Humans-
Titans-
Original Gods
Artwork
This is where you put all the artwork of the club. So far, no artwork.
The Library
This is for the mini-fanfics that may be created in the club over time. So far, no fanfics.
Have fun!

yhyiannis
29th November 2008, 4:28 PM
Hey, I'd love to join this club. Even recently I've been thinking about how much I like Greek Mythology and how it would be cool to talk to other people about it. I'm actually Greek myself so yeah haha. So could I join this club please?

Zeus is godly!

Handy?
29th November 2008, 4:30 PM
Hey, Stoc. Can I join this club. I love Greek Mythology, ever since the prodgect I received in which I had to write my own. I loved doing it, always thinking that "Zeus is godly!" But yeah, I like Hades the best, being god of war and all!

wolfgang.amadeus
29th November 2008, 5:12 PM
I adore Greek Mythology!

I have loved all things ancient since I was very young (watching "Hercules", I imagine)
Roman/Egyptian/Greek Mythology fascinates me.
I speak Latin, and am learning Ancient Greek 8D

Zeus is Godly!

~[btw. irrelevant, but I always find it funny: I am atheist, but was raised Christian. Apparently when I was three years old I asked my mother "Does Jesus live on Mount Olympus with Zeus?" xD ~]

_wolfgang.

Krug
29th November 2008, 5:14 PM
But yeah, I like Hades the best, being god of war and all!

That's Ares you know.

I too think Zeus is Godly. I think Cerberus is the best part of the Mythology, who doesn't like the Three-headed Hellhound? So I guess that makes my favorite god Hades.

Stoc15
29th November 2008, 5:55 PM
You are all accepted! Thank you for following the rules and telling me funny stories about Greek Mythology and your favorite gods. My favorite god is actually Hermes because he is feature crucially in many myths. Anyway, you have all been turned into high ranks. Here they are:
Hades Rank-Handymankg2
Ares Rank- Krug
Poseidon Rank- Wolfgang. Amadeus
Demeter Rank-yhiannis
Thank you all!

Luppi
29th November 2008, 6:03 PM
omg. Zeus is godly.

God I have a feeling you knew I was gonna join, Stark.

Anyways, having to do Greek Mythology every year for la guage arts, I find aspects of it fascinating..XD so may I join?

Oh and if you say yes and I'm allowed a rank, may I request Apollo rank? PLEASE?! X3

yhyiannis
29th November 2008, 6:10 PM
Oh great... Glad to know that the first person to ask to join is a goddess of grain and fertility... and a founding member while everyone else gets cool gods who are co-owners...

Plus you spelt my name wrong.

Stoc15
29th November 2008, 6:22 PM
Oh great... Glad to know that the first person to ask to join is a goddess of grain and fertility... and a founding member while everyone else gets cool gods who are co-owners...

Plus you spelt my name wrong.

Fine, Ms. Pushy. I'll make you the next best thing: a mod. Is that good enough. And Luppi, glad you made it. You will become a mod too. So there, you get good positions.

wolfgang.amadeus
29th November 2008, 6:43 PM
Poseidon! How lovely (:
&Co-Owner~
I've always liked ol' Neptune.

Are you expecting a lot of members to join? - as you have a lot of MODslots and such ^^;

I have a question for everyone:
Who is your favourite Olympian?

_wolfgang.

Stoc15
29th November 2008, 6:49 PM
I am expecting a few people here and there. And I need my mods to fight off the offenders! XD.

Who is your favorite Olympian?
I am a big fan of Hermes, because of his crucial role in many plotlines, including the story of Io. I also think the dude who Artemis liked, not Orion, who wished for eternal youth and eternal sleep, was pretty cool. His name was Endmiyon. Anyone know him?

yhyiannis
29th November 2008, 6:49 PM
Fine, Ms. Pushy. I'll make you the next best thing: a mod. Is that good enough. And Luppi, glad you made it. You will become a mod too. So there, you get good positions.

I didn't mean to come off sounding like that. And oooooooooh I get it now! You think I'm a girl? I'm a guy! Yiannis is a Greek name hahaha. It means John in english. Does that mean I remain a goddess? 'Cause they're mainly female believe it or not :P

Poseidon! How lovely (:
&Co-Owner~
I've always liked ol' Neptune.

Are you expecting a lot of members to join? - as you have a lot of MODslots and such ^^;

I have a question for everyone:

_wolfgang.

Lucky little... *mumbles something about being a goddess*

Stoc15
29th November 2008, 6:51 PM
I didn't mean to come off sounding like that. And oooooooooh I get it now! You think I'm a girl? I'm a guy! Yiannis is a Greek name hahaha. It means John in english. Does that mean I remain a goddess? 'Cause they're mainly female believe it or not :P

Lucky little... *mumbles something about being a goddess*

Oh boy.... I'm in trouble! (runs to the Olympusmobile) You can't catch me now, coppers! XD. Anyway, sorry for all the trouble, I just thought you were a girl. I'll just make you Dionsyus rank, which is a good rank. Sorry I stereotyped you, too.

yhyiannis
29th November 2008, 6:55 PM
Oh boy.... I'm in trouble! (runs to the Olympusmobile) You can't catch me now, coppers! XD. Anyway, sorry for all the trouble, I just thought you were a girl. I'll just make you Dionsyus rank, which is a good rank. Sorry I stereotyped you, too.

Lmao *gets Zeus to throw thunderbolt and set Stoc's trousers on fire* hahahaha. Nah don't worry about it mate. Ooh yay! I'm the God of wine, and the inspirer of ritual madness and ecstasy! Rawr hahaha. Oh by the way, it's spelt Dionysus, not Dionsyus :) You may want to fix that in the first post too.

Stoc15
29th November 2008, 6:58 PM
Thanks, Mr. May. (summons the power of Hermes to ownify Zeus with his super duper powerful..... cadeusus....) XD. Anyway, we need new members. So advertise if you want extra privileges!

yhyiannis
29th November 2008, 7:01 PM
Lol no problem. Thank you! Everyone can call me Yani by the way. It's my nickname on here and in real life. Oh and that's spelt Caduceus :D I would advertise, as there's nothing in my sig, but there's nothing to advertise with! :(

Krug
29th November 2008, 7:05 PM
*Destroys both of you with Massive War Powers, plus the Help of Phobos and Deimos*

Θεματική Ενότητα: Ποιο είναι το αγαπημένο σας ιστορία στην Ελληνική Μυθολογία;

Topic: Which is you Favorite Tale in Greek Mythology?

Personally, I like the 12 Labors of Hercules, yet, the story of the Chimera Being slayed is good too.

For the Chimera, not the Hero...who I forget the name of.

yhyiannis
29th November 2008, 7:09 PM

That says... Thematiki enotita: Poio einai to ayanimeno sas istoria stin elliniki mitholayia
in proper english:

Which is you Favorite Tale in Greek Mythology?
I really don't have a favourite, although, there are a couple that stick in my mind such as:
-How Aphrodite was born (she's my favourite Goddess)
-Where the king says that the goat god (Pan I think it was?) isn't as good as the other God at making music and he gets goat ears because of this.

Krug
29th November 2008, 7:11 PM

That says... Thematiki enotita: Poio einai to ayanimeno sas istoria stin elliniki mitholayia
in proper english:

Which is you Favorite Tale in Greek Mythology?
I really don't have a favourite, although, there are a couple that stick in my mind such as:
-How Aphrodite was born (she's my favourite Goddess)
-Where the king says that the goat god (Pan I think it was?) isn't as good as the other God at making music and he gets goat ears because of this.

Yeah, Pan.

Speaking of which, Pan reminds me of Dionysus, who reminds me of King Midas. Another good Myth.

Stoc15
29th November 2008, 7:14 PM
My favorite tales in all of Greek Mythology are:
*Orpheus' Tragic Tale
*The Illiad
*Jason and the Argonauts
and the story of Io.
P.S. Here's a banner for the club:

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee338/YolkManZ/rannor.png

yhyiannis
29th November 2008, 7:16 PM
Yeah he reminds me of Dionysus too. One reason I don't feel so proud at the moment... (Poseiden! I was so close! I swear I tried!)

The banner's nice but isn't it too big?

Stoc15
29th November 2008, 7:22 PM
Yeah he reminds me of Dionysus too. One reason I don't feel so proud at the moment... (Poseiden! I was so close! I swear I tried!)

The banner's nice but isn't it too big?

It is a bit too big. That's why I'm turning it into the beginning 'welcome' picture. Anyway, this is going really good. Only up for a few hours, and we have like seven members! And here's the advertising banner:

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee338/YolkManZ/rannor-2.png

Luppi
29th November 2008, 10:20 PM

Apollo. Idk why. He just is. XD maybe because....I like the sun.
And he was god of alot of things.

The Odyssey- I love the ending...(my favorite monster is Scylla. XD and Circe...)
Eros and Psyche- (I had to do a project on it....)

Pandora's box was a good one as well.

Yep.~

How Aphrodite was born was awesome..XD

Stoc15
29th November 2008, 10:29 PM

Apollo. Idk why. He just is. XD maybe because....I like the sun.
And he was god of alot of things.

The Odyssey- I love the ending...(my favorite monster is Scylla. XD and Circe...)
Eros and Psyche- (I had to do a project on it....)

Pandora's box was a good one as well.

Yep.~

How Aphrodite was born was awesome..XD

The story of the Eros/Psyche relationship was very epic. I read that story all the time. Ever heard of Artemis' lover Endmiyon? He is a really cool dude who made Artemis have 57 kids. Not kidding.

Stoc15
30th November 2008, 1:31 PM
It's been twenty-six hours so: Revive! I'm also here to make a new topic, so you guys can ramble about something. Here it is:

Who is your favorite hero in Greek Mythology
Theseus. The dude had to fight his way through treacherous areas in order to just make it to see his father. Too bad his father killed himself because of the 'sail' incident. It's so sad....

Krug
1st December 2008, 1:14 AM
Who is your favorite hero in Greek Mythology?

While it's a bit Generic, Odysseus, the guy has one heck of an adventure home. Having to deal with vengeful Cyclopses, Circe, and Sirens and all. Geez, I wish my trip home from school was that epic.

Stoc15
1st December 2008, 1:22 AM

While it's a bit Generic, Odysseus, the guy has one heck of an adventure home. Having to deal with vengeful Cyclopses, Circe, and Sirens and all. Geez, I wish my trip home from school was that epic.

XD. That's sorta of generic, the fact that your favorite hero is one of the biggest heroes in all of Greek Mythology. But anyway, do you play God of War? Because that is related to Greek Mythology and can be considered the official game of this club!

Krug
1st December 2008, 1:50 AM
XD. That's sorta of generic, the fact that your favorite hero is one of the biggest heroes in all of Greek Mythology. But anyway, do you play God of War? Because that is related to Greek Mythology and can be considered the official game of this club!

I wish I had God of War, but I don't.

While not exactly a "Hero" persay, I also like Oedipus because of how screwed up his tale is.

Luppi
1st December 2008, 2:19 AM
I wish I had God of War, but I don't.

While not exactly a "Hero" persay, I also like Oedipus because of how screwed up his tale is.

Oh boy, Oedipus.
And my class was like o.o OMG when they found out his wife was his mom..

and Antigone and Creon, that was a good story.
._.

My favorite hero...idk. I also like Odysseus.

yhyiannis
1st December 2008, 4:59 AM
I say the same as Krug, Odysseus for the same reason. He had the coolest adventures.

I wish I had God of War but I've never even played it. I've heard about it though

Stoc15
4th December 2008, 1:44 AM
Revive! You guys have really good heroes, even though most of them are basically just the major heroes in Greek Mythology. Anyway, at school, do any of you have Latin? That's where I'm learning Greek Mythology, even though I've been studying it for years! I'm the smartest kid in my class because of it. And I must make the front page of this thread way cooler!

Krug
4th December 2008, 1:48 AM
Don't know Latin, but I know a bit of German and Spanish. I learned my Mythology from books in 4th and 5th Grade.

Luppi
4th December 2008, 1:50 AM
I'm taking French.
There's no latin.

(I wish we had Russian though.)

I learned my mythology from my language arts classes, and last year in World History.

I had to recite the Eros/Psyche story by heart. XD and I did wooo.
Although I wanted Poseidon or Apollo.

Stoc15
4th December 2008, 1:52 AM
Nice! I began learning around 4th Grade anyway, starting out with two of my favorite stories to date: Persephone and the Seasons and Orpheus and Eurydice. I am also a fan of the Illiad, the Aenid and Odyessy! And that makes a new topic!

If you could be in any of the greatest stories in all of Greek Mythology, which one would it be?

Stoc15
21st December 2008, 1:36 AM
It's time for me to answer the question!

If you could be in any of the greatest stories in all of Greek Mythology, which one would it be?
I would love to be in the Illiad, mainly because it would be awesome to fight someone like Ajax! I'd summon the power of Creon to own, using Oedipus' sick tale to make every single member of the Trojans puke. Then the Greeks would win again! Yay! XD.