PDA

View Full Version : "Tales of" Club

darklord18
11th December 2008, 3:41 AM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/Talesofclubbanner.png
Welcome to the “Tales of” Club! This is where the fans of the “Tales of” [Series] can hang out and talk, speculate, and chat about the video game series!

The “Tales of” [Series] is a popular role-playing game published by Namco. There are many series published in various consoles like GameBoy Advance, Super Famicom, PSX, PSP, GameCube, Wii etc. So far all of the published series are as follows:
-Tales of Phantasia
-Tales of Destiny
-Tales of Eternia
-Tales of Destiny 2
-Tales of Symphonia
-Tales of Rebirth
-Tales of Legendia
-Tales of the Abyss
-Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
-Tales of the Tempest
-Tales of Innocence
-Tales of Vesperia
-Tales of Hearts

There are also Tales of The World: Narikiri Dungeon, Narikiri Dungeon 2, Narikiri Dungeon 3, Summoner’s Lineage, Radiant Mythology and Radiant Mythology 2. (Thanks to Arceus03 for the above intro)

All “Tales of” games have many aspects in common with each other: side quests, summon spirits, recipes, equipment, the title system, skits etc. But the most noticeable thing is the time-based 2D-fighting system. A player can control one character in battle and direct that character during the battle. And many attacks and spells, such as ‘Lightning Blade’ and ‘Indignation’, appear in most of the games in some shape and form (some of the spells also keep the chants that are needed to be said before casting.) Players can also perform ’Unison Attacks’, where all of the ally party fighters in battle attack an enemy at once. Hi-Ougi, or special, powerful attacks unique to a character, can only be cast by activating an Unison Attack (in most “Tales Of” games).

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/rules.png
-Follow the all Serebii rules
-If you want to join answer the questions (See Below)
-Only owner and co owner are allow to accept members.
-Do not spam
-NO ONELINERS! Try to make it two sentences long.
-No trolling what so ever
-Stay on topic
-No posting spoiler without spoiler tags
-Don’t steal any banners/user bars/artwork! Give credit!
-Don't ask me to let you be co-owner, I will ask you when I see if you can follow the rule and are active.
-No bashing what so ever
-You can have fun and make topics try to be reasonable
-No double posting

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/notices.png

Due to raising of people joining and then not posting, I decide to take people off the member list who don't post. Starting today, if you don't post in the next week, I will take you off the member list. But If you tell me or Sapphire Phoenix why you haven't been posting in this club. I won't remove you if you give a good reason why. But if you do get remove, please don't post saying you want to rejoin. You have to wait at least a month before rejoin and if you get remove again it will be longer. If you get remove more than two time. you will not be able to rejoin for another month and if happen again, you will be ban for two month. If you know your going to be inactive for a awhile, tell either me or Sapphire Phoenix in either a VM or PM that you will be inactive and to when you will active. By doing this I will put a notice saying when you be back.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/questions.png
In your joining post, answer these questions as best as you can.

1. What “Tales of” games have you played?

2. Name your two favorite characters from any of the games and why.

3. Name your two least favorite characters from any of the games and why.

4. Why do you like the “Tales of” series games?

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/character.png
Once you have joined, you can make your own “Tales of” Character! This is just for fun, so don’t think it’s for an RP or anything. It just for fun and feel free to add more than what’s listed below. Once you’ve posted it, it will be added to the first post next to your name via link. Feel free to edit it whenever you see fit. Just fill this stuff out, and go into detail! And this is for all of the artist’s out there: If you want to draw your person, feel free too! Just give it as a link!
Name: [Obviously, your name. Or what you'd like to be called, doesn't mean your true name of course.]
Skills/Techs/Spells: [No more than 15. You could be creative and create your own too, but most spells are in the game so.. :x]
Description (Looks): [Tall, short, long hair, blue eyes etc]
Description (Personality): [funny, serious, sarcastic, whinny etc]
Backstory: [The person’s history.]
Weapon: [Axes, bow and arrows, rods, books, flutes etc]
Ultimate Weapon: [what would be the strongest weapon. Can be made up, and give description if so]
Hi-Ougi/Mystic Art: [ultimate attack, include how it looks, what the character says, etc. Only one]
Titles: [give descriptions too, no more than 15)

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/Owner.png
Darklord18
Sapphire Phoenix

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/members.png
Arceus03
Raikou_fan
Spongeaud
Sapphiredragon929
Zero-Wolf
Mariku -- kitten
Kurai
pcstampede

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/banned.png

Unbanned but not members.
Zora
Chii
Glajummy
Tearen the Absol
Kana-chan
/\ all due to in being inactive without telling Owner or Co-owner about being inactive.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/banners.png Credit goes to Sapphire Phoenix
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/arceus03/tales.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/arceus03/tales.jpg by arceus03 Credit to
arceus03

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/rikku-thief/Marta.png

[IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/rikku-thief/Marta.png[/*IMG] By Zero-wolf Give Credit to Zero-wolf

Ok let begin.

1. what tales of game have you played?
Tales of the world: Radiant Mythology, Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Eternia.
2. Name your favorite two Characters form any games and why?
Leon and Asch because of their cool.
3. Name Your least favorite two characters form any games and why?
Zelos and Stan because I don't like then.
4. Why you like the Tales of series game?
I the games because they are cool, fun and nice to play.

arceus03
11th December 2008, 5:01 PM
I'm joining!!!
*does an excited jig dance*

1. what tales of games have you played?
Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Eternia. I have Tales of Destiny, but still am not thinking about playing it. Currently playing ToP PSX version.

2. Name your favorite two Characters from any games and why?
ToP - Arche. She's damn funny.
ToE - Farah. Her skills are just awesome, especially Maximum Burst. Meredy comes in second, having Maxwell Extensions to boot.

Guess I haven't got one..

4. Why do you like the Tales of series game?
The LMBS (Linear Motion Battle System). It's the thing that differentiates the Tales of Series from other RPG games, and I LOVE this system. It's time based, and you'll never feel bored battling wild monsters ^_^
Also there are funny skits in the game. I like that too. Furthermore, some series have hi-ougi which are just awesome~

Oh darklord18 you should add some more in your first post so anyone who hasn't played Tales of [Series] before could have a good glimpse about what the game is like. Let's see.. you could put introduction, then some info about the battle system, then a list of released series, and so on. I could try to do that, or you can do it yourself.

darklord18
12th December 2008, 4:45 AM
Ok you can join arceus03 and if you can that would be great as I haven't play many games yet. I like the hi-ougi but I hate the way they made them in Tales of the world; RM.

Topic
What boss (use spoiler tags if you need two. and no final boss) did you like.
the secret boss in Tos, not only dose he use your move and Spell, he came even do Hi-ogui (one of my favorites but I forgot the name.) I actully had a spare save right before him so I can fight him over and over.

arceus03
12th December 2008, 3:45 PM
What boss did you like.
Maxwell. As he floats near a wall, I'd abuse Aegis Strike (you know, the one in which Cress sticks his weapon into the ground and light particles came floating up) and get in lots of hits XD

I'd say Nereid, as when you're battling him you get to use Reid's skill Aurora Wave when Eternal Finality/Darkness of the Outer Limits is directed at the team, but.. no final boss, so....

Cress + Arche at the Colosseum, if you use the Hardcore mode. It's fun battling them ^_^ I abused Rising - Burning Phoenix like mad and when I'm low on health I just execute Aurora Wall + Slash~

Oh Cress you shouldn't have used your Albain Finality.

Fighting Greater Craymels is fun, too. But it isn't fun when Maxwell uses Shooting Star on you DX

darklord18
13th December 2008, 8:18 AM
/\How about that battle against the Greater graymel of time where you came have someone beat with that powerfull spell?

arceus03
13th December 2008, 3:38 PM
Oh? Sekundes? Yes, he was a pain in the *** D:
Lucky Indignation is a one-hit kill, and lucky Max has some powerful skills (namely Aqua Spiral). Otherwise I don't know how I could possibly battle him.

I didn't dare to battle him in the Hard mode. The only battles (Grater Craymels) that I didn't battle in Hard mode was Undine (didn't know there was a Hard mode at that time), Efreet, Sekundes and Maxwell. All others were done in Hard mode.

Isn't anyone else joining? D:

Sapphire Phoenix
13th December 2008, 10:23 PM
ZOMG I'm joining!!!

Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Symphonia, and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

ToS & ToS2: Zelos - I like how he's comic relief and such. I also like using him in ToS.
ToS2: Emil - I've played a lot of video games, and all the main characters are starting to blend together. Emil is a nice change of pace since he whines alot :p

Well... I can't really think of two I don't like. I like them all equality (which is really rare for me since I usually find one I hate.)

The battle system is fun, I love the Tech/artes, and even though the plots are sometimes confusing, I love the plots.

darklord18
14th December 2008, 8:38 AM
Yeah you can join
I haven't play Tales of symphonia: dawn of the new world. what it like?
Zelos reminds me of Brock.
And thank for arceus03 for the info, I just add in now.

arceus03
14th December 2008, 2:32 PM
No need for credits at the top :p
Also I haz something~

There's the link, without the asterisk (*)
If you want one that has a specific character in it, like Cress, Lloyd, Stahn, Undine etc just tell me ^_^

Sapphire Phoenix
15th December 2008, 12:10 AM
Symphonia 2 isn't as good as the original, but it's still good. You have to awaken Centarions (I spelled it wrong.) in order to wake up Ratatosk, the Summon Spirit of the old Kharlan Tree and put the world back into order. Of course, people are trying to stop you and stuff. Lloyd posed as a bad guy in the game... You can capture monsters and have them fight with you in battle, but it's a pain to get them in the first place :/

Only three of the original voice actors from ToS return. That's Presea's, Colette's, and Kratos' (ironically, Kratos only acts as the narrator in the beginning, and appears in one spot.) Everyone else has new voices. Lloyd, Sheena and Zelos are the hardest to get use too... LLoyd's makes my ears bleed :o

Honestly, I can go on about ToS2.

arceus03
15th December 2008, 4:31 AM
Tales of Symphonia seems fun. Wish I can play it :x

It's only in Japanese, right? Sapphire Phoenix?

I wonder what are we going to do here apart from creating topic. Maybe answering questions regarding games/anime, but as we all play different series it's not so practical.

Any ideas about what we should do? Maybe, like, creating your own.. character/magic/skills? :x

The battle system is fun, I love the Tech/artes, and even though the plots are sometimes confusing, I love the plots.

Agreed. The plot is so full of twist. E.g in ToP later in the end it was actually revealed that Dhaos was battling to save his planet D: Poor guy.

Have you watched the animations yet?
I'm done with Tales of Phantasia, soon starting on ToE and ToS the OVA.

darklord18
15th December 2008, 7:11 AM
/\ I agree let create a character here how it would set out. If you want to help make better let me know.

Name;
Age;
what He look like;
weapon (can have 2 different type of weapons};
Tech/art/spell max 15;
Hi-ogui max 3;

I do my later

You can capture monsters and have them fight with you in battle, but it's a pain to get them in the first place :/
Yes finally I can have a monsters fight with you, cool but Sapphire phoenix, How are the Hi ogui? are they better than Tales of the world RM where it like a normal art with no cut in and such as there are in Abyss, etc and I think I know who Loyd voice actor is.

:x

Agreed. The plot is so full of twist. E.g in ToP later in the end it was actually revealed that Dhaos was battling to save his planet D: Poor guy.

In ToS near the halfway point of the game, you find out that the ancient hero Mithos is the main bad guy and then near the end you find out why he did everything he did because he loses his younger sister. poor guy. I hop this is right as I haven't play it in awhile.

Tales of Symphonia seems fun. Wish I can play it
It's only in Japanese, right? Sapphire Phoenix?
it on Gamecube outside Japaneses and both Gamecube and PS2 in Japanese. but it fun, but the final boss was a joke. Right Sapphire Phoenix.

To the topic no I haven't seen the animations. and thanks for the banner I use it later if I can remember how to do link a picture with a thread..

arceus03
15th December 2008, 2:41 PM
I've an idea. Say, we all (3 of us XD I really hope many more joins soon) pick our own job, i.e warrior, mage, healer, archer etc then we create our own self. Then you can put them on first post besides the members' names.

E.g
arceus03 (Healer)

The word "(Healer)" comes with a link of our own post about that. And you'll have to make some rules about that on the first post, too. For example, spells can't obviously be too powerful, etc.

Oh, if someone wants to be a spirit/greater Craymel, he/she can do so, too. Just include information about appearance, element associated and action when summoned.

One more. darklord18, don't 15 max spells seem too.. much? I mean, there are a lot of spells already out there, so maybe less than 10 is fine, I dunno... Like, what other spells a Healer could possibly have, when First Aid, Cure, Heal, Resurrection, Revitalize is already there? :x

Zora
15th December 2008, 10:44 PM
Join first, read thread beyond post one later :D (sorry, I love the series).

Phantasia (PSP version though ;)), Eternia, Destiny, Symphonia, Legendia, Abyss, Rebirth, Vesperia. I also own Destiny II, but waiting until I finish Destiny. Also, I barely started Destiny or Legendia, plan to get through Destiny soon.

Jade and Yuri. Jade is just incredibly humorous and all-around a great character, while Yuri is just a great protagonist, unlike some other whiny protagonists I know (*coughlloydcough*)

Collete and Asch. Collete because she is annoying and causes you to go some of the more annoying dungeons in the game, and Asch because he is just so stuck-up you get sick of it.

Battle system mainly, especially Rebirth's. I also like Abyss's and Vesperia's stories, although the others don't seem exceptional. It's just a fun ARPG IMO.

Symphonia 2 isn't as good as the original, but it's still good

Probably because it didn't begin off as a sequel and began off as a spin-off (actually, it is a spin-off, just the plot is a sequel to a canon game). Haven't played it yet though, plan to get it for Christmas, along with an imported Innocence.

Sapphire Phoenix
16th December 2008, 2:25 AM
Yes finally I can have a monsters fight with you, cool but Sapphire phoenix, How are the Hi ogui? are they better than Tales of the world RM where it like a normal art with no cut in and such as there are in Abyss, etc and I think I know who Loyd voice actor is.
I've never seen the TotWRM or Abyss, but there is hi-ougi You activate it by holding B when you activate a Unison Attack (pressing C on the nunchuck when the bar is filled up) If you did right, you'll get a Hi-Ougi attack with a cut it anime thing. They're fun to watch but they cause a load of TP. Out of the 16 Hi-Ougi in the game, I've only seen... 7 (4 of them were Bosses...Yes, the certain bosses use Hi-Ougi). The original ToS cast is suppose to be able use them, but I've haven't been able to trigger one since you can't control the original ToS characters (you can switch to them in battle, but it's a pain to do)

In ToS near the halfway point of the game, you find out that the ancient hero Mithos is the main bad guy and then near the end you find out why he did everything he did because he loses his younger sister. poor guy. I hop this is right as I haven't play it in awhile.
He's a sadistic freak. Honestly, get over it. I do not get the last (very last) boss at all. What the heck is he suppose to be?

it on Gamecube outside Japaneses and both Gamecube and PS2 in Japanese. but it fun, but the final boss was a joke. Right Sapphire Phoenix.
Yep. Seriously. The boss was... unusual. And the whole ending confused me sooo much.

Probably because it didn't begin off as a sequel and began off as a spin-off (actually, it is a spin-off, just the plot is a sequel to a canon game).
Yeah, I forgot about that. It's as close as a ToS sequel as ToP was... (and ToP isn't a true-blue sequel since it has never been officially announced as one...)...ZOMG I'm confusing myself here x.X

I liek quotes...

Zora
16th December 2008, 3:21 AM
Yeah, I forgot about that. It's as close as a ToS sequel as ToP was... (and ToP isn't a true-blue sequel since it has never been officially announced as one...)...ZOMG I'm confusing myself here x.X

I liek quotes...

Well, Tales of Symphonia just borrowed the Mana tree part and built off that to make a prequel. Any affiliation revolves around that Mana tree, with a few other things (where Origin is and that entire elf village and Ymir Forest, albeit the Ninja village isn't in ToS where it is in ToP). But ya, Symphonia mostly just alludes to Phantasia, it's mostly a stand alone game :p

darklord18
16th December 2008, 3:36 AM
Zora welcome to the club.
Ok I will think of a way to do it and put it soon as I can.

One more. darklord18, don't 15 max spells seem too.. much? I mean, there are a lot of spells already out there, so maybe less than 10 is fine, I dunno... Like, what other spells a Healer could possibly have, when First Aid, Cure, Heal, Resurrection, Revitalize is already there? :x
What I mean is that you can have up to 15 tech/art/spell total like 10 tech and five 5 spell. but with Hi-ogui you can only have 3 max inclubing the one like Luke one in Abyss (forgot what they are.) where you can do two after one another will count as two hi ogui. ok? and Zora welcome.

What was the most annoying/funniest thing that you did in the game.
Battling that secret guy In ToS and have him in a 113 combo and the game stop and saids "Please put the ToS disc in." over and over again. even after taking the disc out and putting it back in.

Sapphire Phoenix
16th December 2008, 3:39 AM
Well, Tales of Symphonia just borrowed the Mana tree part and built off that to make a prequel. Any affiliation revolves around that Mana tree, with a few other things (where Origin is and that entire elf village and Ymir Forest, albeit the Ninja village isn't in ToS where it is in ToP). But ya, Symphonia mostly just alludes to Phantasia, it's mostly a stand alone game
Ya, but I've found that Symphonia 2 is a 'link' to the two games... even if it's a spin-off. Meh, it's pretty fun to see all the similar things about the three :D

Raikou_fan
16th December 2008, 4:05 AM
Awesome! Finally a Tales club! Can I join?

Only Tales of Symphonia 1 and 2

Colette and Sheena. I like Colettes personality, and Sheena has the whole Ninja Lady thing going on, which is cool. I also like Emil, because when he's not in Ratatosk mode, he is kinda like me.

Decus and Zelos. They're both just like.... ew. Alice is also one of the worst. I know she's not like 3. It's time she let the baby talk go.

The battle system is like the most fun from any games ever, and the storyline is always really good. It does a good job of getting you involved and interested in everything.

darklord18
16th December 2008, 4:11 AM
/\ Yeah you can join. I add you now.

Raikou_fan
16th December 2008, 4:33 AM
Yay, thx!

I've never seen the TotWRM or Abyss, but there is hi-ougi You activate it by holding B when you activate a Unison Attack (pressing C on the nunchuck when the bar is filled up) If you did right, you'll get a Hi-Ougi attack with a cut it anime thing. They're fun to watch but they cause a load of TP. Out of the 16 Hi-Ougi in the game, I've only seen... 7 (4 of them were Bosses...Yes, the certain bosses use Hi-Ougi). The original ToS cast is suppose to be able use them, but I've haven't been able to trigger one since you can't control the original ToS characters (you can switch to them in battle, but it's a pain to do)

You mean we can use those big cut-scene type attack things like the ones Richter/Decus use? That's so cool! I have to go try!

Yep. Seriously. The boss was... unusual. And the whole ending confused me sooo much.

I loved TOS, but you're right when you say the ending was weird. I was SOOOO confused by the time it was all over. TOS 2 doesn't do a whole lot to clear everything about mithos up, so I'm STILL confused. @(O_o)@ I hate when the story gets so complicated I can't follow it.

In TOS2 I keep almost getting killed by leeches!! It's the worst! They get like 2 or 3 together, and both do that spinny thing at the same time. I miss the block, and they both hit like 3 or 4 times for over 100 damage (I think that's right. It's close to that anyway). Anyway, I try to avoid them now, or atleast stay away when they come in groups.

Zora
16th December 2008, 4:46 AM
I loved TOS, but you're right when you say the ending was weird. I was SOOOO confused by the time it was all over. TOS 2 doesn't do a whole lot to clear everything about mithos up, so I'm STILL confused. @(O_o)@ I hate when the story gets so complicated I can't follow it.

The ending of ToS assumed that you played ToP (that is if you are referring to why the name of the tree wasn't stated?). The name if you curious is Yggdrasil

Raikou_fan
16th December 2008, 5:00 AM
The ending of ToS assumed that you played ToP (that is if you are referring to why the name of the tree wasn't stated?). The name if you curious is Yggdrasil

Yeah, I finished it. They named the tree Yggdrasil? Really?..... I know mithos/yddrasil were the same guys, I managed to get that (duh), but I didn't know they named the tree yddrasil.... Kinda weird lol. I need to play through it again.

Zora
16th December 2008, 5:03 AM
Yeah, I finished it. They named the tree Yggdrasil? Really?..... I know mithos/yddrasil were the same guys, I managed to get that (duh), but I didn't know they named the tree yddrasil.... Kinda weird lol. I need to play through it again.

It isn't stated in Tales of Symphonia, only Tales of Phantasia. They expected the fanbase (their Japanese one anyone) to know it.

Oh, and you guys know about this recent trailer, right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crRmKsFJuTU&eurl If not, well now you do :p

Raikou_fan
16th December 2008, 5:19 AM
It isn't stated in Tales of Symphonia, only Tales of Phantasia. They expected the fanbase (their Japanese one anyone) to know it.

Oh. Well no wonder I didn't know. I hate when the only tell the japanese fans that stuff. I've never played tales of phantasia though, I've barely even heard of it. It may be available in the U.S., but I've never tried it. Wish they'de keep that kind of info in the series instead of branching it off like that.

darklord18
16th December 2008, 7:52 AM
The trailer look ok but why make a guy that fight like Guy and Yuri?

arceus03
16th December 2008, 9:47 AM
*sigh*
Wish I have ToS
I didn't understand what you were talking about O.o

This may seem a bit late, but..
Welcome to all ^_^;

What I mean is that you can have up to 15 tech/art/spell total like 10 tech and five 5 spell.
Oh, but can you have tech and spells at the same time? In ToD you can, but I dunno in other games.. In ToP and ToE you can't, IIRC.

Also great video Zora ^^
The music was sooo sad. The battle animation seems fun, too, as I've never played any of the series that have 3D battles before :x
lol at your sig XD

On topic:
I can't remember what was the funniest/annoying thing I did, but I do remember the funny skits. Like, when Arche peeked on Chester and about the picnic scene where Arche tries to cook XD

darklord18
16th December 2008, 9:56 AM
yes in ToS both Zelos and Kartos can both use tech and spells but Kartos is better in power while Zelos was faster at attacking and casting. To me anyway.

Chii
16th December 2008, 3:58 PM
Hey! Can I Join?

I Have Tales Of Symphonia and Tales Of Symphonia:Dawn of a New World

Marta and Presea, because Marta is funny and she has a good personality, and Presea Because, she so mysterious and cute.

Zelos and Alice, because... umm.. i just dont like them

Because they are the best RPGs i've ever played and they are just soo much fun.

Yea, there is a show for Tales of Phantasia and i watched it and it takes place like 1000 or so years before Tales of Symhponia.

Tales of Destiny 3? Wow, thats gonna be cool xD

darklord18
16th December 2008, 9:11 PM
Ok chii your in.

Raikou_fan
16th December 2008, 9:48 PM
yes in ToS both Zelos and Kartos can both use tech and spells but Kartos is better in power while Zelos was faster at attacking and casting. To me anyway.

I never noticed a difference in casting speed. I don't think they were ever in a fight at the same time though so theres not a real good way to compare. I think Kratos is a little slower though, but stronger, and zelos is faster, but a little weaker. I hardly ever used either of them though. They were usually just my healers, and I almost never played them.

On a different note, has anyone ever played Colette and was actually good with her? No matter what I do I can't play her!

darklord18
16th December 2008, 10:04 PM
I agree, the only reason I have her on my team is for Holy song. dose anyone know if she keep her angel spell in ToS2?

Raikou_fan
16th December 2008, 10:44 PM
I didn't mean to say she's not helpful. She has been very useful to me, I just can't play her myself.

In ToS2 she still has Angel Feathers, but she doesn't have Holy Song.

darklord18
16th December 2008, 11:11 PM
With me she kept do holy song over and over which where good in some battle (even better when she dose her Hi-ogui.)

arceus03
17th December 2008, 12:19 AM
Welcome Juu-San Bantai Taichou XD

Oh and I just noticed you're the co-owner, Sapphire. (Can I call you Sapphire or SP?) Congratulations :D

And... I don't know what Colette's powers are, but she was funny in the ToS OVA =P
What's her specialty? Warrior? Mage?

Glajummy
17th December 2008, 12:58 AM
I'd love to join this!

1. What tales of games have you played?
Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Vesperia

Kratos Aurion (Symphonia) and Asch the Bloody (Abyss) for their coolness and awesome moves.

I hate both Karol and Repede from Vesperia. They're cool characters, but their fighting sucks.

I like the 'Tales of' series because although each games follows a specific formula, they all have plots and characters that will keep you hooked for a long time.

Raikou_fan
17th December 2008, 1:04 AM
And... I don't know what Colette's powers are, but she was funny in the ToS OVA =P
What's her specialty? Warrior? Mage?

I think Colette is meant to be more of a support fighter than one that is on the front lines, which is probably why I can't use her. She can use physical attacks, but I found her more useful with magic. But she also has a nice variety of other attacks. Pow hamer is one she tends to use alot, and item thief got me some nice stuff. She can go either way, it depends on what you need her for.

Sapphire Phoenix
17th December 2008, 2:13 AM
So many posts while I was gone :D

Oh, and you guys know about this recent trailer, right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crRmKsFJuTU&eurl If not, well now you do :p

Yeah, I remember that they called it in ToP. Actually, I've heard that they mention the name in ToS: DotNW in a skit, but I've gotten said skit.

ZOMG! I never seen that trailer before! I already want this :D

I'd love to join this!

1. What tales of games have you played?
Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Vesperia

Kratos Aurion (Symphonia) and Asch the Bloody (Abyss) for their coolness and awesome moves.

I hate both Karol and Repede from Vesperia. They're cool characters, but their fighting sucks.

I like the 'Tales of' series because although each games follows a specific formula, they all have plots and characters that will keep you hooked for a long time.

Your accepted! Welcome to the Club!

I think Colette is meant to be more of a support fighter than one that is on the front lines, which is probably why I can't use her. She can use physical attacks, but I found her more useful with magic. But she also has a nice variety of other attacks. Pow hamer is one she tends to use alot, and item thief got me some nice stuff. She can go either way, it depends on what you need her for.
I don't use Colette much. Her health is lower compaired to others, and her attacks are... meh next to others. But I use Item Theif and her angel techs.

darklord18
17th December 2008, 5:26 AM
Ok I added the new memders.

Colette is only good for two thing. Her hi-ogui (Holy judgment) and her angle spells. But that what I think anyway. But I only use her when I can't use Kartos. But why did they get rid of her angle spell, that was a good thing about her. Dose she still have the wing?

Chii
17th December 2008, 1:42 PM
On a different note, has anyone ever played Colette and was actually good with her? No matter what I do I can't play her!

I never really use her. In the first TOS i only use her for the seals.Execpt for Judgement and Holy Song, shes quite useless.

spongeaud
17th December 2008, 4:37 PM
May I please join I am a huge Tales fan?!
Tales of the Abyss(favorite)
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World
Tales of Legendia
Tales of Phantasia
Tales of Vesperia

Luke I love the way he fights he in my opinion has the best fighting style
Emil I really liked his Ratoask mode and what not but there are many others I like too.

Karol from Vesperia no little kids in my party aren't my style
Shriley from Legendia I just didn't like her throught the whole game.

Mainly the story there always so good and the characters as well you get no them like real people and the voiceover in most of the games add a lot of extra to it!

darklord18
18th December 2008, 12:18 AM
/\ Ok I add you on Spongeaud. welcome.
new topic.
What character did you have the hardest time using?
Collete, She was a pain to use in ToS.

Sapphire Phoenix
18th December 2008, 2:48 AM
Colette is only good for two thing. Her hi-ogui (Holy judgment) and her angle spells. But that what I think anyway. But I only use her when I can't use Kartos. But why did they get rid of her angle spell, that was a good thing about her. Dose she still have the wing?
Well in ToS2, she still has some of her angel attacks (Angel Feathers is the only one that's gone. Ironically, she uses it in a scene in the game.) And yes, she still has her angel wings. Hehe, Zelos gets Judgement in ToS2, but no wings... *sighs*

I've missed a couple of topics, so I'll answer them :D

What boss (use spoiler tags if you need two. and no final boss) did you like?
Well, I like fighting... Richter in ToS2 (every time). Actually, I've managed to beat him this playthrough, thanks to 2x Exp. I also like fighting Lloyd in the beginning of ToS2 even if I get murdered (Lv. 50 VS a Lv. 2...) In ToS, I like fighting Kratos, Zelos (I've only fought him once since I hate... beating him.), and the Desian Bosses. I haven't played ToP in a long time, so I don't remember any of the bosses x.X

Spent over 2 hours trying to figure out the stupid puzzle in Cape Fortress in ToS2. I hate that part with a passion.

Colette in ToS2. She doesn't last long, and her attacks are weak. Suzu and Chester were harder to use since they were lower leveled when you got them in ToP. In ToS2... Colette again.

Zora
18th December 2008, 4:27 AM

Hmmm... to be honest I don't like any boss more than others. Sync 3 is a good fight, I also like Asch 2.

Annoying: Dealing with all those dungeons in Tales of Symphonia that are annoying (that hill with the bubble blowing flowers for example).

Yuri. Took me awhile to get him down, simply because Vesperia is a bit more... clunky IMO.

Chii
18th December 2008, 4:41 AM

I Like The Battle With Decus In TOS2

Annoying: You are in a dungeon and you go to battle the boss you die and you forgot to save your game and it was a really hard dungeon.

Colette, in TOS and TOS2. So hard to use.

arceus03
18th December 2008, 8:15 AM

Oh yeah. Reading what Chii said, one more: The Nereid's Dungeon in Tales of Eternia. The whole dungeon was a puzzle, the paths are never two alike. There's not a direct path at all, sometimes you just get lucky and will find the portal that leads to the boss's battle, other times the paths lead you to some items. You can't use items except in battle, you can only use one character per floor, that once you used that character you can't use him again, so I had to save Reid and Farah for harder enemies at the upper floors, and use weaker characters on the first three floors (I used Meredy, Keele and Chat).

Keele in ToE >_>
I HAD to use him once in the Nereid's Dungeon against the Fire Elementler (IIRC) and it was so frustrating. He didn't have time to cast a spell, even with a Mystic Symbol equipped as you have to tap the joypad in certain direction to speed him up more, and all the time he kept getting pwned by Explode. The only way to survive was by equipping him with x2 Flare Mantle (he'll get damaged by Explode at most with 1 HP XD ) and kill the flunky (a Gas Cloud) physically, hitting with his rod all the time as the flunky keeps distracting him from finishing his spells. Once the flunky was out the Elementler seems to neglect all his magic and kicks around all the time so then you can cast magic. It was a long battle -_-

I'm still wondering whether or not to play the Japanese series. It won't be fun if you can't understand the whole thing, but... yeah..

Sapphire Phoenix you still haven't answered my question :x

Oh and welcome spongeaud and Glajummy.

spongeaud
18th December 2008, 4:12 PM
Main chracter wise Yuiri from Vesperia he moves to slow for me.
I love fight Asch from ToA the music is just so awesome and the whole reason your fighting is very deep and symbolic it makes it a way better fight.
In almost every tales game the stinking world map would always get me lost and I would spend countless hours looking for a town/city until I finally give up and stop playing for a while or go look on gamefaqs but well I've gotten past all of them now so it's all good!

Sapphire Phoenix
19th December 2008, 2:07 AM
Sapphire Phoenix you still haven't answered my question :x

I'm so sorry! I didn't see it v.v I prefer (and respond better to) Sapphire, but you can call me SP. And thanks for the congrats :D

Meh, I'll make a new topic: What's your favorite Tech/Arte/Skill?
I'll have to think about that.

darklord18
19th December 2008, 2:20 AM
What's your favorite Tech/Arte/Skill?
spell is Indignation just love how it done (I hate how they did in ToL.) and a i like the chants and the fact that this is one thing that is in every tales of game. and is both a spell and Hi ogui and has a more powerful version call Indignation judgment.
Tech/art is sword rain series. easy to combo with.
Sapphire Phoenix dose that mage guy in ToS2 have Indignation and does he have a chant for it.

Sapphire Phoenix
19th December 2008, 2:31 AM
Mage guy? Well, none of the new characters can learn Indignation that I know of. Well... actually, one or two main bosses might have it, but none of the new characters you get can use it. Only Genis does at the end.

ToS: Lightning Blade + Super Lightning Blade. I use it all the time when I'm Zelos (Kratos is too slow for my tastes). I also love Grave for some reason, Hell Pyre since it's awesome, Sword Rain Alpha since it's adds alot to the combo, and I absolutely love Judgement. I was in awe when I saw it in the ToS OVA.

ToS2: Er... Sword Rain, Phoenix Rush + Skill Ventus, Demon Fang + Tenebrae, Savage Reaper, Dual Death (or is it Duo Death?), Devil's Hellfire (It's a Hi-Ougi, but I love watching it), and Judgement again. Hehe, Zelos has a different chant for Judgement than Colette.

ToP: I can't remember them all... Meteor Storm, Sword Rain, Disortion Blade (I don't think that was it)

darklord18
19th December 2008, 2:45 AM
Genis, that it, so he only as it a Hi ogui or normal spell? (I don't really care it just my favorite spell. I really wish I can play Aybss.

arceus03
19th December 2008, 4:12 AM
Oh, one more. Max. He's powerful, yes, especially with his Aqua Spiral ripping enemies to shreds and Elemental Master which is just pure pwnage, but he's sluggish. Slow..

I've quite a lot XD

Indignation - This goes without saying. The animation for the Tales of the Abyss's Indignation was soooo flashy and cool <3 And in ToE while battling Sekundes, the extra chant was just so awesome. "Heaven's light, shine! Gates of hell, open your passage. Strike, lightning of the heavens"

Shooting Star is one of the best spells in the game,too. It hits everyone EVERYWHERE in the screen. No one can escape that spell. And if Maxwell is at L30, has maximum vitality and you cast Shooting Star, you get to control Arche for a while. But usually if Maxwell is at maximum vitality I'd just summon him then extend =D It's a hard choice, Arche and Maxwell Extension.

Another one that I like is Maxwell Extensions. Anyone who has played ToE would certainly agree. It's got awesome animations, good names (Maxwell Minimus, Eternity Swarm, Prismic Stars etc..) and if done until Blue Earth you get an additional 100,000 Exp Points at the end of the battle. Good for leveling up :D

The only spell that I like in ToP though was Extension. It does a huge amount of damage. And Pluto's summon, too. Hits around +800 DMG per hit, and hits about +15 times.

Again, there's quite a lot =P
1. Reid's Hi-ougi (Burning Phoenix, Dragon Demon Chaos, Omega Seal). They're so flashy~ I also love abusing his Neo Tempest Swarm. Gets a lot of combo in.
2. Farah's Maximum Burst, Fatal Fury & Flame Dance. The way she scream when executing Maximum Burst is just awesome, Fatal Fury is pure pwnage (lots of fiery hits yeah) and Flame Dance, although kinda hard to perform, looks quite good.
3. Cress's Sword Rain. But on later times I prefer Hell Pyre, it costs a lot of damage with just 10 TP. Also his secret skills which he got from Origin, Flamberge and Fen Beast also racks up a lot of hits, though TP consuming.

Oh oh! One more: Cress's Dark Blade. It's not so flashy, but does a huge amount of damage.

That's my rant about my favourite skills XD
And.. here's something, for anyone who's interested =P
Favourite Indignation video XD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EXULyGlBKI) and ToE Secret Skills. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogvs5A_Etz8&feature=related)

Yeah, some of you might have seen it XD

Sapphire Phoenix
19th December 2008, 7:16 PM
Genis, that it, so he only as it a Hi ogui or normal spell? (I don't really care it just my favorite spell. I really wish I can play Aybss.
It's a Hi-Ougi in ToS2. Yeah, I just figured out how to get the ToS cast's Hi-Ougi. Yep... I've found a video of them all here (Includes ToS2 spoilers sorta... and the five bosses who have Hi-Ougi): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwDX4x9F8ak&feature=related The cut in of the old ToS cast are not in the game itself BTW. I love Zelos' soo much!! And the first Hi-Ougi is Devil's Hellfire, like I mentioned in my last post.

Meh, I'll just say that I'm close to beating ToS2 again. I'm at the very last dungeon.

darklord18
20th December 2008, 12:32 AM
So how did you find out? I can't wait to get it.

Sapphire Phoenix
20th December 2008, 12:49 AM
It's just the same way as I thought it: First, that character has to have the Skill 'Special' equipped before battle. In battle, and when the Unison Gauge is full, I have the character use either a spell or a high (powerful/advanced) tech/arte/skill. While that character uses that attack, I hold down B on the Wii Remote, and once the attack is over I press C on the Nunchuck (normally that would start a Unison Attack.) If I did it right, the screen would change and the Hi- Ougi would start. It's easier to do than I've put it... Yeah, they're fun to watch :D

I'll start another topic since I'm bored: What's the highest combo you've gotten?
241 in ToS2. Sword Rain Alpha helped a lot.

darklord18
20th December 2008, 12:55 AM
What's the highest combo you've gotten?

ToS 145 Sword rain +raining tiger blade+ air thrust then repeat then use Unison attack (cyclone, air thrust, ray and raining tiger blade + prism star.

Tearen the Absol
20th December 2008, 6:59 AM
I'll believe I'll join this club.

Just Symphonia. Though...it was two disks, so I think it counts as one loooong one.

Raine and Kratos. Raine because she's just such a blatant realist, and she brings
nice dry humor to any situation. The Heals are nifty too.

Kratos is just a BAMF. He's just so inarguably logical in everything he does, it's impossible to refute him.

(It should be noted that Regal falls under that category as well. He's alot more fun to use too. Mirage, baby!)

Lloyd, though he's usually who I play, is a complete moron, lacking in most common sense.

Collette for primarily the same reasons, in addition to being a goody two-shoes and largely useless in battle.

It combines classic RPG elements with real time combat that allow you to strategize and put some finesse into your combat *cough*Regal*cough*. Not only that, but the story line is very unique, at least in symphonia. The bad guys turn out to be working for the good guys who are actually evil. And then some other initially evil guys turn out to be good, and the main characters you play are on just about no body's side, though they are probably the only really legit good guys. Dy-na-mic.

darklord18
20th December 2008, 7:19 AM
/\ Yeah you came join. I add you two the list.

arceus03
20th December 2008, 3:22 PM
Welcome to teh club, Absol ^^

Lloyd, though he's usually who I play, is a complete moron, lacking in most common sense.

Most protagonists are >>
Cress, Reid etc... Dunno about Stahn though.

Highest combo:
578 hit on Tales of Phantasia. On Dhaos's final form I just pin him to the wall and abused Chaos Blade, just Chaos Blade so much until he dies. Once or twice I had Mint restore my TP using Pineapple Gel, and that was all. I got an extra 83594 Exp Point after the battle! Whew!

On another time I decided to combine Chaos Blade with Klaus's Pluto (it racks up quite high, hitting around 15 hits or so) and I got a bit lower, 342 hits.

The battle was done with Hard mode, as in Normal mode his HP would be too low to go up to 500 hits I guess. Hard mode battles in ToP increases the enemy's HP up to half, unlike in Tales of Eternia in which they only raise the HP up a bit.

In Tales of Eternia, though, the most nmuber of combo I managed to get in was just around 30 or so. Embarrassing, yeah. Supposedly you can go up to 999 by using Wind Blade + Ice Needles while battling Rem but I never managed to do that =( If you could manage to do that you'll get the title "Combo Master" IIRC.

spongeaud
20th December 2008, 4:04 PM
Uh I guess sword rain alpha it easy to work in a boost a combo amount.
Highest combo:
Hmhm I don't really know but I think I've been in the 300's in Abyss one time.

Raikou_fan
21st December 2008, 11:33 PM
I'm back! Comp sorta broke. Anyway, alot has happened since I was last here. Perhaps the best thing was that I figured out the hi- ougi thing works! It's pretty easy. I had to experiment with it to find the best arcane arte to make it work, but i got it. I takes a nice chunk out of boss battles, so it helps alot. I also noticed there are some new topics up now, so I'll go ahead and answer them.

Colette was the only one I couldn't get the hang of. I also had a hard time with Genis, and Raine. I'm too impatient to use spells, and I'm used to being on the frontlines. When I'm not there I get confused.

I hate the Temple of Darkness and The temple of earth in ToS1. With it all dark and having to keep up with the little shadow lumps is a pain. I lost count of how many times I lost those things on the way down to the altar. The first time in the earth temple I had to go back to get the curry recipe, which took forever and was really annoying.

The fight with Alice and Decus at the end of ToS2 was fun, but the fight with Kratos at the end of ToS1 is a close second.

Sword Rain Alpha is definately my favorite arte. It's great for messing up bosses when they cast spells. My new favorite skill is Special. I love to use the hi-ougi.

What's the highest combo you've gotten?
No idea. I doubt it's very impressive, though.

Zora
22nd December 2008, 2:06 AM
Most protagonists are >>
Cress, Reid etc... Dunno about Stahn though.

Most of them aren't as whiny as Lloyd. Except Luke. He is quite whiny in the beginning. Yuri isn't whiny though. And I don't think Veigue is, but I may be wrong.

Edit: Looked at the translation guide. Veigue is indeed whiny. Odd, I thought he was gentle, but whatever.

darklord18
22nd December 2008, 11:28 AM
At least they aren't like Emil. I haven't play the game but I have heard he a coward. (sorry for bad spelling.)

Chii
22nd December 2008, 1:47 PM
At least they aren't like Emil. I haven't play the game but I have heard he a coward. (sorry for bad spelling.)

Yea Emil Is Sort Of A Coward, but he grows out of it. In the First 2-3 chapters of the game he is a complete coward but he starts growing out it. But also i can say he isnt a coward but thats only when he's in Ratatosk Mode.

Sapphire Phoenix
23rd December 2008, 2:12 AM
Yea Emil Is Sort Of A Coward, but he grows out of it. In the First 2-3 chapters of the game he is a complete coward but he starts growing out it. But also i can say he isnt a coward but thats only when he's in Ratatosk Mode.

And man, does it get annoying after a while. But towards the end, he becomes more confident in himself and becomes the average hero from any other game...

Meh, new topic: What was the last "Tales of" Game? And where were you at in it? And your current team?
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (3rd Playthrough). I finally got enough GRADE to play through the game on 20x (or is it 10x?) EXP. Owned Lloyd in Chapter One (Thanks to my two Lv. 80+ Monsters). I'm now at Chapter 2, at the very start of the Underground Ruins. Team:

Emil Lv. 36
Colette (cuz I leik Judgement) Lv. 10
Simugh Lv. 100
Bakunawa Lv. 64

darklord18
23rd December 2008, 2:16 AM
What was the last "Tales of" Game? And where were you at in it? And your current team?
Tales of the world RM 4 playthrough
Team
Main character level 81 with all the gold armor set going for the time and space sword form ToS.
Leon level 66
Luke level 68
Tear level 65

arceus03
23rd December 2008, 2:46 PM
Last Tales of game topic:
Tales of Phantasia (PSX)
Currently at Dhaos's castle (past) somewhere near the mysterious mirrors that you can warp inside.

I didn't remember what level, but it was around 35+ IIRC.

Remember about the creating character stuff in earlier posts? Someone wants to do so? I'm thinking along the lines of...

Name: [Obviously, your name. Or what you'd like to be called, doesn't mean your true name of course.]
Skills/Techs/Spells: [As darklord18 said, no more than 15. You could be creative and create your own too, but most spells are in the game so.. :x]
Description: [Tall, short, funny, serious, good leadership etc]
Weapon: [Axes, bow and arrows, rods, books, flutes etc]

Maybe. Just maybe. Dunno.

Chii
23rd December 2008, 3:05 PM
I guess ill be the first to start..

Name:Ocean
Skills/Techs/Spells: Hunting Beast,Pheonix Rush, Devastation, Dual Death, Tempest.
Description:Short,Energetic,Smart
Weapon:A Large Heavy Blade Used Only In One Hand.

I guess thats about it. Whadda ya think?

arceus03
23rd December 2008, 3:13 PM
Nice, Chii. Are the spells the already existing ones or are they new ones you made up yourself? I think we should put descriptions (even for spells already in existence so people who don't play certain games [like me =P ] would know what it does). Short, eh? Ehehehe

And... for those who felt creative, maybe... a backstory? XD

Just an opinion.

Sapphire Phoenix
24th December 2008, 3:10 AM
My turn!

Name: Sapphire
Skills/Techs/Spells: Judgement, First Aid, Grave, Sword Rain Alpha, Beast, Lightning Blade, Super Lightning Blade, Hell Pyre, Demon Fang, Guardian. Basically a mix of what Zelos and Lloyd can learn.
Description (Looks): Raven-black hair with natural bright red highlights that goes to the middle of her back. Pale skin, and sapphire-blue eyes. Her outfit is all black: a black scarf that wraps around her neck, a black shirt with diamond-cut outs on the side, and black pants. Under the scarf is a *gasp* Cruxis Crystal, but not an average one. It's silver with a blue gem: a complete opposite of a normal Cruxis Crystal.
Description (Personality): Sarcastic, serious and blunt. Undoubtfully loyal and trustworthy also. When her temper does flare, she can be a bit... savage.
Weapons: Dual Swords and magic. Can use bows but prefers not.
Ultimate Weapon: Midnight Sun: Two swords that are black as midnight. The hilts are black also, with detail, decorative designs. On each sword there is an Exsphere of a different color: one is blue while the other is red.
Backstory: (MAJOR TALES OF SYMPHONIA SPOILERS!!!) She is Zelos’ long lost sister. When she was a year old, she mysteriously disappeared from her crib during the night. Four years later, Zelos finds her leaning on Meltokio’s Armor Shop’s wall. He doesn’t realize that Sapphire is his sister though, but feels sorry for her and brings her home. Here he learns (from his mother) that she is his sister and Sapphire lives with him. Just a month later, their mother is killed by Seles’ mother, and another month later Seles dies of a terrible disease. They grow close through these events, and eventually they stick to each other’s side. Years pass in a blur. But one day the Wilder Siblings get an unexpected visitor: Yggrasill. He strikes up a deal with them: he wants them to spy on Lloyd and friends, and in return Zelos and Sapphire split the title of ‘Chosen’…
Hi-Ougi: Sacred Judgement (or could be call Judgement of Sacrifice): Calls forth searing light from the heavens to attack all enemies with a 100 hit percentage. But the attack costs an immense amount of power, so some of the user's life force (AKA mana) is used up also. The more enemies, the more life force needed (too much and it'll kill the user). She chants:

'O Holy Light, take my life in sacifice and send these sinners to the deepest pit in Hell!' (<Terrible...)

Titles (Spoiler-ish):
Backup Chosen
---One who shares the title of Tethe’alla Chosen. Who would have though it was possible.
Selfish Girl
---One who only cares about herself and her brother. Don’t ask her to heal you… ‘cause she won’t.
Betrayer
---I betrayed everyone for my selfish goals... I don’t deserve to be forgiven…
Zombie
---One who has cheated Death, but just barely… Maybe she was better off…
Revenge
---They say those in rage are blinded by it… which is true for my case…
Goddess (Gotten at Lv. 100)
---Her blows causes earthquakes, her magic sears the heavens themselves. It’s fitting to call her a goddess…
Stubborn
---So what if I’ve used the same swords for a while! It‘s called loyalty! I’m not stubborn!
Angel of Death (Fire Emblem-ish Title)
---She holds your life in the palm of her hand. Will you walk away? Or will you be thrown onto the corpse pile? She is the Angel of Death on the battlefield.
Hi-Commander (Fire Emblem-ish Title)
---Hi-Commander? Why not one of the Four Riders? I bet Ashnard made that up on the spot…
Blood Bond (Fire Emblem-ish Title)
--- ‘…It’s when one blood line is bonded to another. It’s like marriage, but deadlier…’

The backstory is basically the character's story in this fic I want to write... and the Fire Emblem titles are titles she would get if she was in a Fire Emblem game *coughPathofRadiancecough* if the FE games had titles.

darklord18
24th December 2008, 8:29 AM
here my, but what about Hi oguis and titles?
Name: Leon (after Leon from tales of destiny)
Skills/Techs/Spells: Cure, Thunder blade, Indignation (normal spell.) sword rain (alpha, tempest version.) sword rain fist# (sword rain +Demon fist,) Guardian Field, black hole, Big Bang, Time stop, double Demon fist and Demon fist chaos (three demon fist one after the other then follow by a bigger Demon fist.) Demon fist and Judgement.
Description (Looks): in golden armor and wielding the Eternal Sword (but he rarely fight with it so he fight with a long sword.
Description (Personality): loner and doesn't take being in a group.
Weapons: swords
Backstory: He made a pact with the summon sprite of time and was able to get eternal sword but due to the power of using it. he chose to only use it when needed to. he can mastering any spell that other people can't with ease and is a master swordsman.
Hi ogui: Radiant Dragon Fang (form ToV.) lift the Eternal sword up and the sword is fill with light then thrust sending three dragon at his foes.

Sapphire Phoenix
25th December 2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah! We might as well do those! Only one Hi-Ougi attack and... 15 titles (more or less is ok)! We should also do outfits as well. I'll think of mine later...

darklord18
25th December 2008, 12:40 AM
only I hi ogui? ow well I just edits my now. And for hi ogui if it a spell, should we give a spell chant like the character do? and for titles, give a little detail on it like they do in the game.

Sapphire Phoenix
25th December 2008, 12:50 AM
Well, characters only have one Hi-Ougi in the games... but I guess one can have two if the circumstances are different (like the Character has 20% or less of their health to activate one, while the other can be performed normally) And if it's a spell, you can give a chant if you want to. I really have to think about the Hi-Ougi for my character.

darklord18
25th December 2008, 1:05 AM
yeah but should this be in a role playing thread?

Sapphire Phoenix
25th December 2008, 1:10 AM
Well, it depends. This is our current topic, so we can go into detail about it. But it could also pass as something that should belong in a role playing thread... maybe if we have another topic to go along with it, then it would be as bad... Ah, new topic to go along with the character creation thing:

What Tales of Game do you want to play, but can't?
I'll answer this later...

Chii
25th December 2008, 1:17 AM

Tales Of Phantasia
I cant because i have to wait till after my birthday before renting or buying anymore games -_-

darklord18
25th December 2008, 1:32 AM

Tales of the world RM2 because it hasn't came out yet.

Zora
25th December 2008, 10:30 PM
Well, characters only have one Hi-Ougi in the games... but I guess one can have two if the circumstances are different (like the Character has 20&#37; or less of their health to activate one, while the other can be performed normally) And if it's a spell, you can give a chant if you want to. I really have to think about the Hi-Ougi for my character.

??? I thought most characters had one standard Mystic Arte/Hi-Ougi and then one other one, usually second playthrough Mystic Arte with special conditions and unique activation.

Destiny Remake. I am working on that however and will get it very soon, but still. Innocence also, but I should be getting that soon.

Anyways, I got Tales of Symphonia DotNW today for Christmas. Emil is laughably terrible as a protagonist IMO, and the dialog is equally laughable. The game is starting, but seems like it may end up being my least favorite. However, I will continue playing it. However, since the game is a spin-off (albeit, the story is strongly related to a canon game), I was expecting much. I imagine though I will end up liking the game, just won't be close to my favorite.

Edit: Okay, I am past the first dungeon right now. The tutorials felt unnecassary and murdered the pacing of that dungeon. But afterwards, the game is starting to become respectable. Main character isn't that annoying, just a tad more than emo Luke fon Fabre (the one at the beginning of part 3 in Tales of the Abyss), but tolerable. The combat is quite fun, a lot more smooth albeit easier than Vesperia's (or hell, Abyss's for that matter) IMO. Story has a nice pacing to it, and really it is somewhat nice not having to deal with the overworld. It definitely improves vastly after the first dungeon, which is just horrid IMO. However, the story is fairly predictable so far.

I love Emil's art design though. His hair point is annoying, but otherwise one of my favorite designs thus far. Just saying...

darklord18
26th December 2008, 3:00 AM
Merry Christmas to all tales fans.

??? I thought most characters had one standard Mystic Arte/Hi-Ougi and then one other one, usually second playthrough Mystic Arte with special conditions and unique activation.
They use to only have one but after Destiny 2 they started to give character two Hi ougi/Mystic art but most still have one.
New topice
What spell Chant did you like the most. (Hi-ougi spell count as well but use spoiler if need.)
I like the Indignation (I haven't heard the ToS2 one but I like Jade the Best so far.).

Chii
26th December 2008, 3:46 AM
For Genis in ToS2 When he chants the spell Indignation, its the same as the first. "From the Land of the living, I call upon thee from the land of the dead, to unleash thy fury of thunder... Yeah thats it -_-

What spell Chant did you like the most. (Hi-ougi spell count as well but use spoiler if need.)

Well i liked Colette's from ToS2.. Its Cute x3

darklord18
26th December 2008, 6:19 AM
/\ what! Genis keep that poor spell chant?
Colette Holy jugdement chant is funny but not really what I call the best.

spongeaud
26th December 2008, 3:47 PM
What was the last "Tales of" Game? And where were you at in it? And your current team?
Well I'm playing ToA for the third time and thanks to 10x exp. my team are all in the low 60's and I'm maybe less than half way done.
Well I guess I'd like to play tales of rebirth and the destiny ones since there like the only ones I haven't played yet.

Sapphire Phoenix
27th December 2008, 12:24 AM
Basically everything that I haven't played. That would be all the non-Nintendo console Tales of games. But I really want to play Vesperia and Abyss.

I like both chants for Judgement in ToS and ToS2. I basically have them memorized... I also like Photon, and Revive... Hi-Ougi wise, I like (all from ToS2) Marta's, Colette's, and Brute's. Raine's and Alice's are ok.

arceus03
27th December 2008, 1:22 AM
Wanted game~
I'd like to play Tales of the Abyss (the Indignation animation is flashy) and Tales of Symphonia.

Spell chant topic:
In the 2 games that I played there was only ONE spell with a chant XD So yeah.. It was Indignation in Tales of Eternia, and the only time it has a chant was in the battle against Sekundes, when he's 1/2 HP left. "Heavens light, shine. Gates of hell, open your passage..."

Oh darklord18, you should put the character-creating form in the first post, with something along the lines of "By joining, you can also create your own character" or something like that. And, for those who have already created their character, you could put the post in the first page, too, beside the member's name. Let's see... for example:

darklord18 (Magic Swordsman (http://serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9196838&postcount=71))

ho-hum~
I'll do mine later. It'll be a surprise. XD

Here's the picture of mah character.
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/arceus03/MAR_Veezle_2.jpg

Guess what is him XD
Those who read/watch MAR would probably know who he is.

darklord18
27th December 2008, 2:41 AM
arceus03 please wait a couple more days. We will have it done in a couple of days. I promise.
Tales of the abyss indignation was so far 2 best hi ogui version of that spell. Who agree with me that indignation in ToL was the worst indignation of all time. (I seen a video of it.)

arceus03
27th December 2008, 2:15 PM
^Yeah I'm just giving mah opinion, I'm not telling you to do it asap :p
Hmmm... It does look a bit weird I guess, the Indignation from ToL. I mean, just a thin streak of lightning? So unlike the other series.

Did you make the banners on the first page Sapphire? Nice one :D The first page has improved a lot XD

Sapphire Phoenix
28th December 2008, 2:46 AM
Yep. All the banners on there were made by me :D and they all took me less than an hour ;)

Meh, I've never seen the animation from ToL... Huh, I've just noticed that Genius has Indignation as an attack AND as his Hi-Ougi :/

darklord18
28th December 2008, 2:55 AM
/\ What, so What the different? I like it better when had Indignation judgement though it was the only spell hi ogui not to have a chant.

Sapphire Phoenix
28th December 2008, 3:06 AM
Well, The Hi-Ougi version is probably better. I can't remember the spell version, but I think it's the same as ToS's, where the Hi-Ougi is grander, cooler, and has a 100&#37; chance of hitting all the enemies on the field...

darklord18
28th December 2008, 3:12 AM
/\ Your lucky, you can play ToS2.
But yeah, how many version of that spell are there?

Sapphiredragon929
28th December 2008, 6:34 PM
Um..I would like to join!

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn Of A New Era. I got it for Xmas, it wasn't even near my wishlist...but I got hooked. And I'm not leaving the place where you get a dragon until I get the little Chicken that's the first monster you see when you enter the mountian...

The Chapters are long....I'm still on Chapter One!

Marta- She's so adorable. She's kinda pretty, and I love her voice. Her actions towards Emil remind me of my own actions towards someone.

Alice- I'm an Alice fan. I only saw her once, but I love her. She's a sadist....how F&#37;@&ing awesome is that. And I love when she slaps Hawkie, "Don't. Ever. Talk. Back. To. Me." And the whole "I'm sure Brute will understand that accidents do happen." and "I'm so lucky I can kill two birdies with one stone" I wish that a girl like that can be real.

Colette- She seems nicec. And she's totally off-beat. She's kinda clumsy, and I love the end of battle scene with her, Marta, and Emil....

Colette: The true key the victory is love.

Emil: I guess we'll lose then

Colette: Then just fall in love with Marta

Marta: Colette you're a genius.

Llyod- so far he's an @&&

Brute- I don't know WTF got into his underware but if it is enough to make Marta leave then I hate him.

It's a combo of all my favorite games. Catch/Train and evovle monsters like pokemon/ Rune Factory. Fighting like Final Fantasy. Great storyline, and it's funny

darklord18
28th December 2008, 8:52 PM
Ok your add, Welcome.

Sapphire Phoenix
29th December 2008, 12:52 AM
/\ Your lucky, you can play ToS2.
But yeah, how many version of that spell are there?
Just two... and Genis is the only one who can learn it.

Welcome sapphiredragon!!!

We need a new topic... A random topic: Whose character design do you like the most?
I shall answer later...

darklord18
29th December 2008, 1:46 AM
/\ I mean how many type in all of the game, nearly all Tales games have Two Versions of it.
Whose character design do you like the most?
None really.

Sapphiredragon929
29th December 2008, 4:31 AM

I like Marta's, she looks adoreable! I like Alices, she like a little elf...and I love the childish sadism. Colette's design is okay....but her battle look is freakin sweet!

Raikou_fan
30th December 2008, 4:39 AM
Hey, sorry I haven't been around. Christmas break has been WAAAAY busier than I thought it would be. Anyway, I guess I'll answer the new topic.

Marta is kinda cute, and she sorta looks like a girl I like. Richter also looks cool, especially in the last boss fight.

arceus03
30th December 2008, 3:00 PM
Welcome Sapphiredragon929 ^_^

Character design topic-
Urm... Nope. But Mint is beautiful =3 But the official artwork for the spirits in ToS is really good. Rem in Tales of Eternia is good, too.

Sapphire Phoenix
31st December 2008, 2:07 AM
Well, I love Emil's design, as well as Decus and Richter's. ToS wise: Zelos, Lloyd, and Kratos (Kratos in the OVA is freakin awesome...). ToP: Cress and Arche...

darklord18
1st January 2009, 4:46 AM
Happy new year to all of you.
New Topic for the new year.
What Tales of game are going to get this year?

ToS2, and if they come out here TotW:RM2 and ToH.

Raikou_fan
1st January 2009, 5:32 AM
Happy new year everyone! I hope you've all had a great year, and that you have an even better year in 09!

I'm not sure. I only have a wii, so unless theres another one for wii or some other system like falls out of the sky I probly won't. @(-_-)@

darklord18
1st January 2009, 2:33 PM
/\ there is a new tales of game coming for the Wii but there no name for it yet but there is a trailer for it.
Though I won't buy it. Unless the controls are easy to use.
Had to edited it, It was a one liner.

Raikou_fan
1st January 2009, 6:36 PM
Really!? OMIGOSH I can't wait!! Hope it's another Symphonia lol. Guess I've gotten attached to the characters. Or even if it's something totally different I can't wait!!! Now I'm all excited lol.

Sapphire Phoenix
1st January 2009, 8:13 PM
If ToI and ToH come out in the US, I'm going to buy them. I'd also like to see another Symphonia game... maybe where it takes place during the Ancient Kharlan War, and you play as Mithos and them... Lloyd and friends could be a cameo battle.

lol, my first post of 2009!

Raikou_fan
1st January 2009, 10:17 PM
I noticed I hadn't done this yet, and it looked like fun. So I decided to do it!

Name: Sora
Skills/Techs/Spells: Beast Sword Rain, Healing circle, Judgement, Double Demon Fang, Guardian, Photon, Hell Pyre, Super Lightning Blade, Resurrection, Holy Song, Rising Tempest
Element: Light
Description (Looks): Tall, and strong, with short, jet-black hair, and bright blue eyes. Has light skin, but not pale. He wears white armor with gold trim and has angel wings that look kind of like Kratos's.
Description (Personality): The strong silent type. He's soft-spoken, and optimistic. He's also very resourceful, and clever. He's very hard on himself, and has very little confidence, so he depends on his friends to encourage him. He hardly ever gets angry, but he won't hesitate for stand what is right.
Backstory: He was found in the forest outside the village of the elves(can't remember its name), and was raised as an elf. at 14 he discovered that he was an angel, and at 18 he set out to find out who his real parents were.
Weapon: Longsword. He can also use a bow, but he prefers to be on the frontlines.
Ultimate Weapon: Demons Bane- Has a gold hilt, with a cruxis crystal engraved into it. Has a long bright silver blade that glows, and no matter how many battles it goes through, it never gets bloody.
Hi-Ougi/Mystic Art: Devils Hellfire (doesn't fit, but it's all I can think of. I'll replace it later.)

I think that's it.... I'll probly go back and edit it 9 or 10 times, but let me know what you think!

arceus03
2nd January 2009, 1:52 AM
Me too!

Name: Veezle
Element: Mother Nature (Gnome is Earth, so..)
Skills/Techs/Spells: Ehm. Vine Crop, Seed Trap, Sakura's Bloom.

Vine Crop
Small, sharp roots come out from the ground, cutting the enemies. Misses if the enemy is airborne. The weakest (basic) spell of Veezle, gotten by fringing at L1.

Seed Trap
Scatters seeds on the ground. Does nothing observable, but if an enemy steps on it a huge tree crops out suddenly, causing considerable damage. Even hits low-airborne enemies. May Stun them also. Gotten by fringing with Gnome at L12.

Sakura's Bloom
A huge cherry tree appears in the middle of the battlefield and shoots out cherries at all enemies in its range. Hits 10-15 times, each hit causes around 200-400 DMG. Has a high chance to Poison those hit afterward. Fringe with Maxwell (L26) to get.
Description (Looks): A bald old man, with a small tree on his head. Wears a big robe, and has quite a large nose. [LINKIE] (http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/arceus03/MAR_Veezle.jpg)
Description (Personality): A wise old man. Enjoys a chat with Maxwell in his free time. Often makes funny responses but gives good advices sometimes.
Backstory: A Greater Craymel doesn't have history XD But you found him in a cave (Cave of the Nature Termites lol) while seeking for something called Sapphire Dust (a key item for the game) and he recognizes Maxwell. Some funny skit occurs, then Maxwell asked him to join, but he wants to test your abilities first, and so... rumble!
Weapon: Just.. the tree.
Hi-Ougi/Mystic Art: Summon: Veezle.. ? (I think anyway. Spirit summoning)

A swirl of leaves comes forth, stabbing everyone in the vicinity, hitting once to thrice (depends), each hit around 1000-2000 DMG. May Poison/Stun the enemy and has a high critical hit rate. Afterward heals allies' HP by 10% over a fixed amount of time (until the battle ends)

Yeah, the final move might be a bit overkill -_-

darklord18
3rd January 2009, 12:37 AM
/\ there good.
Also I heard something about being able use the Sword lancer in your team in ToS2, If true, how?

Sapphire Phoenix
3rd January 2009, 12:46 AM
Yeah, but it's not the same one technically... You capture a certain monster, level it up and feed it food to evolve it. Then once you have this certain monster, you have it hold an item then feed it again to evolve into the Sword Dancer.

This is what it looks like: Terrible picture but the only one I could find (http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5223/picture016yi4.jpg)

darklord18
3rd January 2009, 12:59 AM
/\ cool if i get ToS2 I'm so going to get a team of those.
He look cool. Way better than ToS and abyss ones.
That just gave a good topic.
What monster in any Tales of game did you like.
I love the Sword dancer.

Sapphire Phoenix
3rd January 2009, 1:12 AM
ToS- The Dragon in the Earth Temple. I love all the money that it drops :D
ToS2- Bakunawa, Fenfir, Sigmurgh, Fafina (spelled wrong...), Hydra, Orion, Wyvern Lord, Phoenix, Manicore, Sphinx... I've had all of those on my team at some point or another.

EDIT: Meh, I've editted my character creation thing... go to page four to see it since I'm too lazy to post the link x.x Some of it probably doesn't make sense, but I meant it to be. That person is for a fic I want to write...

Raikou_fan
3rd January 2009, 2:42 AM

ToS: The sword dancer was definately the most fun to fight, but I also like anything that gives good exp or alot of money.
ToS2: Fenrir, Sphinx, earth eater(I think? Whichever ones of those I have) and now the new sword dancer. Fenrir and Sphinx are currently my two strongest monsters, earth eater(?) has the highest hp of any of my monsters(9999), and the sword dancer looks cool. I'm about to go work on getting it. Hope it's not too hard get the stuff to synthesize its item...

arceus03
3rd January 2009, 5:12 AM
Can you catch monsters and train them like Pokemon?

On topic:
Sokuram in Tales of Phantasia. They give somewhere around 16,000 EXP per fight, and like 30,000 Gald to go with the experience. It was fun leveling up in the Morlia Mineshaft.

darklord18
3rd January 2009, 11:28 PM
well sort of.
I don't really know. But can we play as the monsters?

darklord18
3rd January 2009, 11:28 PM
well sort of.

Raikou_fan
4th January 2009, 12:45 AM
well sort of.

In a way. Adding monsters to your team is kinda complicated. Theres a little wheel in the bottom left corner of the screen (I'll call it the element wheel) that has one big symbol in the middle, and like 5 or 6 little ones surrounding it. To add a monster to your team, you have to make the big symbol, and atleast 4 of the little symbols match. You can change the symbols by using elemental attacks. For example, early on in the game the only move with an element you'll have on your side is Marta, with first aid. First aids element is water. So for me to add a monster to my team, I would have to have her cast first aid until the big symbol was the water symbol, then i would make her do it several more times until 4 of the little symbols were water. That's enough to make pacts with some monsters, but having a certain element on the element wheel can also affect the pact. Later on in the game as more characters join your team, there will be many more elements. That can make it a little tough. All characters will have elemental attacks, so when you get them all into battle, and they're all using their elements at the same time, it's hard to get the same element onto the element wheel. It just takes alot of practice. Once you get a monster to consider making a pact with you, you can either just make a pact, or have one of the monsters on your team strengthen the pact. Either way the monster has a chance of running away. So I'm not 100% sure of the significance of strengthening the pact. After you have the monster on your team, you get it to grow by fighting with it. it gains exp just like the human characters do, and gains lvls like they do. Idk if they do, but it seems like they grow faster than the humans. Unlike the human characters though, you can't fight as the monsters. You can command them to use spells, or certain moves or do whatever, but you can't play them. Once they hit a certain lvl, they'll be able to evolve(you can tell by looking for the yellow monster face on their picture on the menu). When they can evolve, just take them to any Katz place, cook for them, and you'll be able to choose whether or not to evolve them after they eat.

I hope that helped with any monster questions you had!

Sapphire Phoenix
4th January 2009, 2:08 AM
^Strengthening the pact increases the chances of the monster joining your team. Of course, even with the best monster the one your trying to get to join still can run away.

darklord18
4th January 2009, 2:22 AM
/\Man I really can't wait till I get ToS2
But came you rename monster. and what type of tech/arts can you teach them?

Raikou_fan
4th January 2009, 9:00 PM
/\ Nope, not as far as I know. They all come with a name, and they have it forever. Like the other characters, they'll learn skills/artes/techs as they lvl up, but there are things that you can use to teach them certain spells. Most of them have something to do with the summon spirits. Undines whisper teaches first aid, and so on and so forth. Thats actually the only one I can remember lol. but there are many others. Also, something i forgot, was that as you progress, you'll find manuscripts. All of them are labeled with a color. Gray manuscript(the weakest), gives the monster you use it on 100xp, while the rainbow manuscript(the strongest), give the monster 100,000xp. There are many in between those two, but I don't remember what color they are, or how much xp each gives. Sadly, you can't use the manuscripts on human characters... @(-_-)@ Don't be surprised if your monsters lvls are like 30 or 40 lvls higher than your humar characters. At the end of the game, my fenrir and my sphinx were both lvl 90, while my human characters were only 50.

Sapphire Phoenix
4th January 2009, 9:09 PM
^Yeah, but when you evolve a monster, their level goes back down to 1 and they only keep 20&#37; of their original stats. You'll have to keep evolving your monsters (and devolving, once they get to their highest evolution, you can evolve them back to the first/basic/weakest/whatever it's called evolution...) to get them high stats.

Raikou_fan
4th January 2009, 11:37 PM
/\ Yeah. I've kinda avoided evolving them back to the little form. I just keep feeding them lol. I'll eventually start to evolve them more once I get their evo items, but until then they make it SO easy to get xp on the second play through. @(^_^)@

darklord18
5th January 2009, 4:34 AM
/\ That because they know fans play through the games over and over so the EXP thing you can buy in the Garde shop after you beat the game once is so you can play through it on hard and all that. (I will do hard on ToS after I get over 6000 Garde points.) I tired beating the secret boss in ToS on hard and he should be call the final boss. (I level 76 and I can barely get pass half hp before he dose his hi ogui then Meteor swan combo.)

Sapphire Phoenix
7th January 2009, 3:40 AM
I've never went through ToS on hard mode before, but on ToS2 I am. It's easy with 10x Exp :D I'm only on chapter two, and my level is what you'd be at the very end of the game.

New topic: Do you run from battles?
In ToS and ToP: Yes. The battles are annoying (ToP is really annoying with battles). But in ToS2, I've only ran from three battles... out of 1,700+ fights over the course of three playthroughs.

darklord18
7th January 2009, 3:52 AM
I'm going to started playing hard mode but I think I only got 3000-4567 to buy thing on the new game plus.

Yes I did run from fight in ToE but in ToS never, even If I had low hp, I would still fight but I would block until Rain cast Nurse.

spongeaud
7th January 2009, 6:59 PM
Do you run from battles?
No not usually I try to fight as many as possible in dungeons and stuff to level up but I do try to avoid battles on the world map cause they usually don't level me up that much anyway.

Raikou_fan
7th January 2009, 10:24 PM
Do you run from battles?

Sometimes. I can usually get around low hp, but if I won't benefit from the fight, it's not worth it. If I won't get good xp, or something else I want/need, I might as well go find something else that I will.

darklord18
8th January 2009, 11:44 PM
/\ I can understand that but ToE Exp is very poor until the final level.
Dose anyone agree with me on this?

arceus03
9th January 2009, 11:22 AM
Running from battles?
Sometimes. In ToP when you're at a high level and have to go back to the first starting place I usually ran from weak enemies. But I don't from strong ones as they're the source of my leveling up XD

@darklord18: I dunno. I trained near the Seyfert Sanctuary (before heading to Celestia for the first time) until I got Omega Demon Chaos O.o

I love to train a lot, actually. When I battled Celsius I already had Rising - Burning Phoenix on Reid, and Farah already had Chi (though not Maximum Burst).

darklord18
9th January 2009, 12:29 PM
/\ arceus03 do you know how they do the move that add on to their other move.
I know Ried Rising - Burning phoenix but I don't know how to do the other.

arceus03
10th January 2009, 1:48 AM
You mean extensions. XD

Omega Demon Chaos - Dragon Demon Chaos
Hurm yeah. Omega Demon Chaos to Dragon Demon Chaos is really hard, I've only managed to do it once or twice. It has a certain condition to extend, i.e you must have used ODC at least 130 times, and the enemy's HP must be below 2000 + the number of times you have used ODC. So let's say you have used ODC 500 times, you can only use it on an enemy that has less than 2500 HP. And as ODC hits 8 times, it's very hard to do. I managed to do it by using weaker weapons.

Omega Seal - Quasi Seal
Omega Seal is easier to do. You have to at least used it 50 times. Then, just before Reid slashes his sword, press the button to Omega Seal again to perform Quasi Seal. To avoid missing the moment to slash, I just tapped the button madly after performing Omega Seal. And, there are also certain conditions which must be met:

-The enemy must be the last enemy on screen.
-The enemy must be ON GROUND. If it's flying/jumping/airborne after being hit by some moves, it won't work.
-The enemy must have less than 50% wind resistance.
-The enemy must be light. Omega Seal doesn't work on heavy enemies.
-The enemy must have less than 20,000 HP.

More conditions needed, but far easier to do than Dragon Demon Chaos.

Chi - Maximum Burst (If you ever use Farah)
You must have at least used Chi 300 times and Fatal Fury 60 times. Then, while Farah is charging for her second blast, tap the button to extend to Maximum Burst. Again, to avoid missing the moment, I just tapped the button madly after performing Chi.

Deadly Force - Flame Dance
This is another hard skill. I'll quote from the walkthrough that I used :p

Use Deadly Force. The screen will turn black and the background music will stop.
While the screen is still black, run to your opponent and punch it two times,
then, perform a rising skill (like Swallow Dance) link it with a diving skill
(like Eagle Dive). If the enemy is still alive Flame Dance will be used.

Off topic: Farah is really lovely. I like using her. Most of the time I just jump up, do Eagle Rage, then Twin Palm Strike then either Chi and Maximum Burst or Fatal Fury. Gets a lot of hits every time if you press the buttons at the right time, as they all link to each other.

There are also the team skill extensions (fun to do), and Maxwell Extension (I assume you know how to do this?).

Also have you watched this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_yCBmKF3zg)

darklord18
10th January 2009, 3:15 AM
/\Thank but no I don't know how to do his, He one of the two I still trying to get (which I got before the other and he takes longer for some reason. but thanks. I tired those.

arceus03
10th January 2009, 7:18 AM
/\Thank but no I don't know how to do his, He one of the two I still trying to get (which I got before the other and he takes longer for some reason. but thanks. I tired those.

What is it that you're still trying to get? I didn't understand =P
Did you mean Maxwell Extension?

darklord18
10th January 2009, 7:24 AM
/\Yes I'm am, He take the longest to level up,
All I know is that you have to get him to level 30 but that all know.

Zero-Wolf
12th January 2009, 1:47 AM
Hello, I am gonna join here. I'm Zero-Wolf.

Tales of Symphonia, and TOS2

Tear(TOA) and Emil. Emil is a really funny character. Tear, I really like her style and magic.

Decus and Zelos(same as Raikou fan said) However, I don't like to see them attracted with women. >_>

Because the graphics are pretty cool as 3-D or 2-D. The battle system is fun.

darklord18
12th January 2009, 2:12 AM
/\You can join Zero-wolf.
Thank for joining.

Zero-Wolf
12th January 2009, 3:19 AM
Do you run from battles? In TOS1. Sumtimes, if my party levels were too low for my first time. I heard Sheena's title. It's called "Chicken" or something xD

darklord18
12th January 2009, 3:34 AM
Do you run from battles? In TOS1. Sumtimes, if my party levels were too low for my first time. I heard Sheena's title. It's called "Chicken" or something xD

/\ haven't heard of it. But it doesn't matter what level you are. (fought two boss one after the other and won both and I was low level.) you can still win a fight, if you have a battle plan.

Zero-Wolf
12th January 2009, 7:00 AM
what's your favorite tech/arte/skill?

I like Indignation Judgement(TOS1) It's greater than Genis's new one on TOS2. Emil's Devil's hellfire and Ain Soph Aur which is called Extenstion.

Darklord, Sheena(title for run away) 400(or more) times for running from battle.

darklord18
12th January 2009, 11:19 AM
/\ All indignation are cool. who wouldn't like it, compare to other normal spell, it the most powerful spell. (except ToL one.)
New topic.
What was the wost thing to happen to you.
while fighting the secret boss
Was casting Indignation judgement and gets hit by the his indignation judgement so I switch to Lloyd and tried to do his hi ogui but get hit by meteor swan. I had no life bottle left.

Raikou_fan
12th January 2009, 6:50 PM
/\ haven't heard of it. But it doesn't matter what level you are. (fought two boss one after the other and won both and I was low level.) you can still win a fight, if you have a battle plan.

A battle plan helps, but a bunch of life bottles aren't bad either lol.

What was the wost thing to happen to you.

It wasn't bad, so much as it was just annoying. In TOS, my first play through I had the WORST time with Magnus(I think thats his name. The desian cardinal by Palmacosta that uses all the fire attacks)! I tried over and over and over and I just couldn't beat him. I did eventually do it, but i had ran out of life bottles and Kratos was the only one left alive.

Sapphire Phoenix
13th January 2009, 2:09 AM
A battle plan helps, but a bunch of life bottles aren't bad either lol.
True that :D

What was the wost thing to happen to you?
Well, either getting stuck in one spot for over an hour (this happened too many times in ToS and twice in ToS2) and getting murdered in a boss battle... *coughaliceanddecuscough* I also had a hard time with Remiel (Colette's fake dad...). I died three times during the A & D battle (first time Emil was the only human in my team, and he got MURDERED), and I think I died three or so times with Remiel... I can't remember why though :/

Zero-Wolf
13th January 2009, 4:14 AM
Th new tales game is called Tales of Mothership. It's not coming out yet.

What monsters in any Tales games did you like?

TOS: Living Armor it's really cool. I love a darkness.
TOS2: Fenrir, Ravenouse,Wenrir wolf(ice), Fanrir(fire harpy mage). sword dancer, Blade Rex and more. I have many monsters.

darklord18
13th January 2009, 5:54 AM
/\ If you have Sword dancer.
can you tell us what move it got.
If you want two that is.

Zero-Wolf
13th January 2009, 6:25 AM
Ok, Sword dancer's skill(or tech). It's similiar to TOS1. It also has its ability that is like full Hp (when the party is low hp)

darklord18
13th January 2009, 8:31 AM
/\ I don't understand you. But dose he have spell like indignation?

Wish I can play ToS2.

Zero-Wolf
14th January 2009, 1:08 AM
/\ I don't understand you. But dose he have spell like indignation?

Wish I can play ToS2.
It's hard to explain for me xP I will try my best as I can.
Nope, it doesn't have any magic except one. But you would like to give spell books to him.
Its tech:
Dual quadruplet: (four thrusts)
Dual quadruplet: (four slashes)
Dual quadruplet: (float while spin with four swords)
Naked Chimera: (Tackle)
Force palm: (chi)
Flame Torndado

And TOS2 is really good.

darklord18
17th January 2009, 11:13 PM
when and how did you start playing Tales of games?

I got ToS one by and just started playing then I went on the net and found that there was a series and that how I playing them.

Sapphire Phoenix
18th January 2009, 12:43 AM
Well, I guess two or three years ago I rented Tales of Symphonia from my local video store since I wanted a new game to play. It looked fun, and... yeah. I fell in love with the game, and I wanted to play more Tales. So I got Tales of Phantasia for Christmas... but that wasn't as fun (I still haven't beaten it yet x.x)... I really wish they'd make more Nintendo-system Tales of Games...

Raikou_fan
18th January 2009, 10:59 PM
Sorry I haven't been around, alot the past few days. Anyway, guess I'll answer the topic

Pretty well the same as sapphire phoenix. Saw ToS in the rental store (Hollywood video)like 2 or 3 years ago, and thought it looked fun. I tried it and fell in love with it. First time I had ever seen a battle system like that, and the characters were so much fun!

Kana-chan
18th January 2009, 11:29 PM
I would like to join! ^^

Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Phantasia for GBA (horrible, don't play it), Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World.

I have too many! I really like Alice from ToS2, although she's not playable. I haven't played Vesperia but I can tell Estelle is going to be one of my favorites too, just by what I've seen through videos and her character design.

Hm...dubbed Colette. Her voice makes me cringe. And Regal. He never came off to me as a Tales character.

Amazingly fun, will steal hours and hours of your time. I love the battle system.

Sapphire Phoenix
18th January 2009, 11:31 PM
Kana-chan, welcome to the club! Stay active and stuff ;p

I agree, Tales of Phantasia is horrible. The battle system is slow, and the constant encounters are annoying.

Zero-Wolf
19th January 2009, 1:13 AM

6 years ago, when I saved my money for TOS1 for my birthday. I started to play it that I thought it was fun. =)

darklord18
19th January 2009, 4:46 AM
I add Kana-chan to the list. just as long as you follow the rule. so welcome.

arceus03
21st January 2009, 3:49 PM
Hey! I can post again! XD

Welcome, Kana-chan and Zero-Wolf. Enjoy your time here ^^

Th new tales game is called Tales of Mothership. It's not coming out yet.

Nah. Mothership is the general name to all tales of Series. It's to differentiate between the main series and the side stories/spin offs/ Tales of the World series. I think, anyway. :x

I agree, Tales of Phantasia is horrible. The battle system is slow, and the constant encounters are annoying.

Hm, hm! And for EACH AND EVERY BATTLE, after you've finished beating the enemy, you get slow motion animations of the characters doing their winning pose. It's somewhat annoying.

The encounter rate is quite high in GBA, but very low in PSX. ._.

On topic:
Strangely, it was Tales of Phantasia that I first played. I was browsing GameSpot for Zelda games (was a huge Zelda fan at that time) and saw the ToP description. When I finished A Link to the Past, I thought I might try this game, and I like it ^^

spongeaud
22nd January 2009, 1:14 AM
I read about the frist tales games in a nintendo power magazine and after further reading up about it on the internet I went out and bought and loved it!
Then I bought Abyss and Legendia at the same time and fell in love with Tales games forever and ever time a new one came out I instantly bought it no questions asked!

arceus03
23rd January 2009, 4:54 AM
@ darklord18, here's how you do the extensions.

You must be in the 2nd playthrough (or have cheated to get Hardcore mode available). You then need to set the game for at least one battle to Hardcore. Win a battle in Hardcore (then you can reset the difficulty to normal if you want), to activate Maxwell Extensions.

Equip Meredy (or Keele, whoever has Maxwell), with the Derris Emblem (you get it after defeating Sekundes), and a Mental Ring (you should have one). You need to set the craymel mage (Meredy/Keele) to the first slot, so they become the controlling character in battle.

Maxwell must be set to a normal skill button, not a shortcut key. Also note that the extensions don't work on all enemies, though it does on most. If all enemies die during any extension, you cannot continue doing the rest after that one.

Now...

1. Summon Maxwell. While this is in effect, hold <- + SQUARE until Dual the Sol is executed.
2. While Dual the Sol is in effect, hold CIRCLE until Eternity Swarm is executed.
3. While Eternity Swarm is in effect, hold X until Prismic Stars is executed.
4. While Prismic Stars is in effect, hold TRIANGLE until Shining Gate is executed.
5. While Shining Gate is in effect, hold SQUARE until Explosion Nova is executed.
6. While Explosion Nova is in effect, hold TRIANGLE + CIRCLE until Maxwell Minimus is executed.
7. While Maxwell Minimus is in effect, hold SQUARE + X + CIRCLE until Dimension Material is executed.
8. While Dimension Material is in effect, hold SQUARE + X + CIRCLE + TRIANGLE until the enemy freezes a bit and Blue Earth will be executed.

Note that Blue Earth will only be executed if you have the Derris Emblem equipped and enough TP (hence you need the Mental Ring's regenerating feature.

Blue Earth does not do damage, rather, it restores your party's HP and TP by about 2000HP and 200TP multiply 5 times each and revives any fainted characters. It will give you 100,000 EXP after battle (on top of the normal EXP from the enemies).

Also, to get Hardcore without playing it all over again,

Create a NEW save (don't save over your current file), at the end of the ending and credits.

After you've created a NEW save file, it will say something like this: *Inferia. The * means it's a new game (from the start) but now you can understand Melnic (Meredy's language) right from the start, as well as some other stuff.

When you're taken back to the title screen, choose to load the save file you just created. As the Intro FMV is playing with Galenos walking in a forest, press Start. You'll see Reid walk in in-game graphics. Press Start+Select+L+R all simultaneously (altogether) and you'll be taken back to the Title Screen. Now choose to load the save file just before the boss (NOT the newly created one). When it's loaded, choose to save OVER it.. -so just save as if you were saving after having done a section of the game. Note how your save file now has a * in front of it as well. That means you've just cheated the game into thinking you've reached this far in a second playthrough, and you now have access to an Optional Dungeon: Nereid's Labyrinth and some other stuff too.

Zero-Wolf
23rd January 2009, 7:33 AM
I did notice Blue earth in TOR(or something) on youtube. That's crazy combo. >_>

darklord18
23rd January 2009, 1:41 PM
Thank arceus03, I knew the second part but not the first. Thank and do you still need him to be level 30 or any level.

arceus03
24th January 2009, 6:22 AM
I did notice Blue earth in TOR(or something) on youtube. That's crazy combo. >_>

Crazy but useful XD
I got Sekundes up to L30 really fast that way.

Thank arceus03, I knew the second part but not the first. Thank and do you still need him to be level 30 or any level.

Yes, you need to have Maxwell at L30. And Maximum Vitality, too, so you can summon him (duh. XD )
Just in case you messed up somehow, save before engaging in a fight that you want to use the extensions on. IIRC only the Fake and the Elementler(s) can survive the full extension, so go fight those.

darklord18
24th January 2009, 11:09 AM
Ok, i try it and I can do it and he only level 26.
New Topic.
What boss did you beat easy or thought was a joke?

ToSMithos and Mithos final form where a total joke.

Raikou_fan
24th January 2009, 3:12 PM
/\ Wow..... so many buttons.... Theres so much to that combo lol. I don't have whichever Tales game that is, but I doubt I could do it anyway lol.

Same. Mithos and Mithos final form were pretty weak. I had a harder time finding my way out of the tower of salvation than I did with him. I thought final bosses were supposed to be.... I dunno, harder?

Sapphire Phoenix
24th January 2009, 8:49 PM
I'm probably going to miss some :/

Like what darklord and Raikou fan have said, both Mithos' forms were easy and a joke.

But many of the bosses towards the end of the game were easy. Like Zelos in the Tower of Salvation, or that plant monster in the mountains with the gust plants...

Emil at the very end was easy. Honestly, battling against yourself was a piece of cake. But I didn't like when Lloyd and Marta teamed up against you and you had to lose to them. I could've kill Marta in one hit :/

Raikou_fan
24th January 2009, 9:14 PM

Emil at the very end was easy. Honestly, battling against yourself was a piece of cake. But I didn't like when Lloyd and Marta teamed up against you and you had to lose to them. I could've kill Marta in one hit :/

I can't believe i had such a hard time with this.

That fight at the end, with Marta and Lloyd was actually the hardest for me. Not difficulty, but i guess I got attached to Marta. Lol I found it hard to attack them. I killed Lloyd, but I couldn't attack Marta. She used resurrect, and by then I had figured out that I didn't want to win that fight. So I just lost lol. Thats something i find myself having a hard time with alot in games like that.

Zero-Wolf
24th January 2009, 11:27 PM
Same as Raikou fan and Darklord. My party started to gang up on Mithos and final boss.

Llyod and Marta were really easy which I got bad ending lol. Final boss(Evil Emil), I actually used basic, Arcance, and again and again. Then finished him with Mystic Arte

darklord18
25th January 2009, 12:46 AM
I'm probably going to miss some :/

Like what darklord and Raikou fan have said, both Mithos' forms were easy and a joke.

But many of the bosses towards the end of the game were easy. Like Zelos in the Tower of Salvation, or that plant monster in the mountains with the gust plants...

Zelos was hard manly cause he would only target Rain and was able to stagger her and then use thunder blade on her.

But I agree with all you, lets just hope the new one to the Wii will have a boss that fight back.

Sapphire Phoenix
25th January 2009, 12:57 AM
Zelos was hard manly cause he would only target Rain and was able to stagger her and then use thunder blade on her.

I wouldn't let get near Rain when I'd battle him. Between Sword Rain and Rising Falcon, he didn't have a chance to attack. But I've only fought him once, since he's my favorite and the person I use in battle :/

I hate spoilers x.x

arceus03
26th January 2009, 5:09 PM
/\ Wow..... so many buttons.... Theres so much to that combo lol. I don't have whichever Tales game that is, but I doubt I could do it anyway lol.

It was easy for me. Well, maybe except the last part where you have to hold down 4 buttons simultaneously, but other than that it's nothing. After doing that for a few times, I got used to it.

You WERE talking about what I said, though, right? ^_^;

There are already 10 spoilers in this page x.x

On topic: I don't remember. I don't think any of them were a pushover. Maybe it's just me, but...

Wait. Ras was easy, I guess. :\ If you count him as a boss.

spongeaud
26th January 2009, 8:46 PM
What boss did you beat easy or thought was a joke?Well I never had a boss fight in this game that was to hard for me even battling the shadow evil clones of my peeps( or whatever they were) They were all very easy to defeat.

darklord18
27th January 2009, 2:52 AM
It was easy for me. Well, maybe except the last part where you have to hold down 4 buttons simultaneously, but other than that it's nothing. After doing that for a few times, I got used to it.

You WERE talking about what I said, though, right? ^_^;

There are already 10 spoilers in this page x.x

I can get the final third. maybe I shouldn't have train to level 76.
I lose count.

arceus03
30th January 2009, 8:31 AM
@darklord18... Erm, the extensions, are..
Flame Sword, Lightning Strike, Serpent Knuckle, Earth Divide.

Flame Sword - Demon Hammer (Reid) and Fireball (Keele's default spell)
Lightning Strike - Palm Strike (Farah) and Thunder Blade (Volt's default spell)
Serpent Knuckle - Rising Dragon Strike (Farah) and Heal (Undine + Sylph fringe)
Earth Divide - Spiral Attack (Reid) and Cyclone (Sylph + Shadow fringe)

Oh yeah. Marked inactivity from now until... urm... 12th of February, or so. >.<

darklord18
30th January 2009, 8:57 AM
/\ Will do.
And thank for the info.

edited mew topic.

What skit did you like the most.
In ToS where the group are playing with Genis weapon/toy, they are having trouble and only Mitho and Genis can do it and I forgot but I think Lloyd tries it but sorta throw it by mistake and hits Rain in the back of the head.

Raikou_fan
2nd February 2009, 11:00 PM
What skit did you like the most?

Ugh, I can't remember! Ummm...I think I like the one in ToS where the group is playing with Genis's weapon. Gotta love lloyd being careless, and Raine being in the wrong place at the wrong time! @(^_^)@

darklord18
2nd February 2009, 11:05 PM
Rain: Who threw this!
Everyone runs.
But I forgot how the second one went.

Sapphire Phoenix
3rd February 2009, 2:24 AM
I have a lot of favorites. Out of ToS, I like the one where it's Regal, Presea, Colette, and... someone else. They're talking about Raine blowing up ranches, and Colette is like 'The professor is a HE bomb?' (Or something like that). Then there's the one where Lloyd complaines about going up the Tower of Mana again, and he nearly breaks the fourth wall.

ToS2: There are a lot of them again. Like, the one when Sheena cooks and Emil almost cries ('It's just that... I didn't think that women can cook.') and... I just had it, but I forgot x.x

If I think of anymore I'll post them :/

darklord18
3rd February 2009, 3:25 AM
/\ I forgot about Lloyd breaking the fourth wall. But I still love the Kendonan ones.

Notices to everyone.
Please read the notice on the first post.

Sapphiredragon929
3rd February 2009, 4:16 AM
My favourite skit is where Colette falls and the all joke about it. And the Alice ones...and tenebie

Raikou_fan
3rd February 2009, 6:41 PM
Oh yeah, I remembered another skit I liked. In ToS2 in Palmacosta(for me it was palmacosta) when Emil and Marta start talking about what kind of student Emil was before the blood purge. I don't remember it exactly, but Emil wasn't a real good student.

Marta: It doesn't matter to me whether you're bright as a star or as dumb a a post. (just the line I remember the best... it went something like that...)

Zero-Wolf
4th February 2009, 2:26 AM

Ummm... I have too many skits in TOS2. But I like the most funny skit...
Tenebrae, Marta, Emil were complaining the Lezarenzo building is bigger! Tenebrae wants to reduce that. If Regal was mad at them when they did.

And I agree with you all about TOS 1, Genis's kendama.

darklord18
7th February 2009, 11:44 PM
Genis's kendama was one of the best skit in the game while the one where Regal and Rain talk about having to stay back while Lloyd has to keep going in the Tower was the worst because after reading it I knew I was going lose people.

Raikou_fan
10th February 2009, 9:36 PM
Okay, new topic time!

What is your favorite quote in any Tales game? Use spoilers if you think it's necessary.

If you open the iron maiden before it grants its wish, you will be cursed. First you will experience a churning stomach illness, and diahhrea for 77 straight hours. Then, for the following 777 days, the king of demons will appear and stick his finger up your nose. Every. Single. Day. ~Presea Combatir

That was so funny to me the first time I heard it. It happens after you leave Altamira with Presea.

darklord18
11th February 2009, 1:49 AM
What is your favorite quote in any Tales game? Use spoilers if you think it's necessary.

"I want to create a world were everyone live freely. Human, Elf, Half elf, and even summon spirits. Everyone has the right to life." Lloyd telling Origin his pact .

I hope everyone looked at the member list, those on the ban list will say on the ban list for a month.

Sapphire Phoenix
11th February 2009, 2:14 AM
Okay, new topic time!

If you open the iron maiden before it grants its wish, you will be cursed. First you will experience a churning stomach illness, and diahhrea for 77 straight hours. Then, for the following 777 days, the king of demons will appear and stick his finger up your nose. Every. Single. Day. ~Presea Combatir

That was so funny to me the first time I heard it. It happens after you leave Altamira with Presea.

I laughed for a long time when I first heard that. The way she says that is so funny!!!

Here's just some of them:

ToS
"People fear and hate what is not normal, they despise those who are different. The solution is for everyone to become the same lifeless beings." -Mithos Yggdrasill
Just... wow.

ToS2
“HE bomb? Wouldn’t Raine be a SHE bomb?” - Emil
“Emil would give Colette a run for her money. (looks sideways)” - Sheena from Tales of Symphonia: DotNW (Skit)
Continuation of the skit from ToS that was talking about Raine being a HE bomb... It's only part of the skit though, since I can't remember it all x.x

Zero-Wolf
12th February 2009, 12:38 AM

Raine gives a love letter to Regal. She said, "You think it's a love letter" to Regal and grabs Genis to boat for Flanior.
And Decus gives beauty voice as girl or something to Emil and.

Second skit. I was thinking of that something crazy. That reminds of Zelos...-.-

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/rikku-thief/Marta.png

[IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/rikku-thief/Marta.png[/*IMG]
This is Marta. I'm gonna give this for you club.

arceus03
13th February 2009, 2:06 AM
Hullo. Did you miss me? XD

What skit did you like the most.

In Tales of Phantasia..
There's one when the group went to have a picnic at the limestone cave. Arche wants to cook, but her cooking is terrible XD

Also the hot bath scene at the Ninja village was funny.

In ToE,
There's quite a lot, but the ones I particularly remember was
1) When Keele was frozen when the party reached Port of Peruti. Wasn't actually funny, but seeing someone frozen like that...
2) Also in Peruti when the party wants to go to Celsius and were trying to find the right attire. Meredy + Cat Costume was funny. "Meredy is Katz. Meow!"

Humans are terrified of darkness...
Yet they fail to recognize the true darkness within their hearts. - Shadow

Epic.

Also that diarrhea quote was funny.

Raikou_fan
16th February 2009, 12:35 AM
Okay, been too long without a post... New topic time again!

What was the hardest thing(fight, dungeon, etc) for you in any Tales game? Use spoilers if necessary.

The fight with the Album Atrum at the end of the twilight palace quest so far was the hardest for me. I was only lvl 76, with Marta lvl 75, a lvl 100 Fenrir, and a lvl 86 Sword dancer when I decided to start the quest. After I wiped out the other little monsters that fought with him, it took me like 30 mins to finish him. He regenerated hp so fast, and my mystic arte would sometimes barely do over 4000 dmg(how does that happen???). It took me 4 life bottles(I got careless a few times), 6 Melange gels, 5 lemon gels, and all together like 15 pineapple/orange gels. Also, I haven't done it yet, but Gladsheim looks like it'll be really tough. I haven't really tried it yet except going in for philosopher stones/rainbow manuscripts, but I can already tell it'll be tough.

Just did all that yesterday. I still haven't restocked on all those gels...

Sapphire Phoenix
16th February 2009, 12:51 AM
What was the hardest thing(fight, dungeon, etc) for you in any Tales game? Use spoilers if necessary.
Remiel was hard for me when I first faced him. But that was when I didn't use Raine for healing so... you can imagine how that would turn out.

A) That boss in the Dystany (SP) Ruins... The whale would kill me in two hits.

B) The Cape Fortress puzzle involving the monster statues and switches. I spent over three hours trying to figure out how to open them.

C)T he Alice and Deceus Battle. I would get killed before I could heal. I died three times before finally beating them.

B) Gladsheim: You can get lost in that place, and you take a beating from the monsters.

I've never been to the Twilight Palace, so I can't say :/

Zero-Wolf
16th February 2009, 1:09 AM
Okay, been too long without a post... New topic time again!

The fight with the Album Atrum at the end of the twilight palace quest so far was the hardest for me. I was only lvl 76, with Marta lvl 75, a lvl 100 Fenrir, and a lvl 86 Sword dancer when I decided to start the quest. After I wiped out the other little monsters that fought with him, it took me like 30 mins to finish him. He regenerated hp so fast, and my mystic arte would sometimes barely do over 4000 dmg(how does that happen???). It took me 4 life bottles(I got careless a few times), 6 Melange gels, 5 lemon gels, and all together like 15 pineapple/orange gels. Also, I haven't done it yet, but Gladsheim looks like it'll be really tough. I haven't really tried it yet except going in for philosopher stones/rainbow manuscripts, but I can already tell it'll be tough.

Just did all that yesterday. I still haven't restocked on all those gels...

For Gladsheim, You need Item finder 3 or statue(bird) I have 30 prism sword books. If you want to get an easier way to beat Gladsheim. Then go to Coliseum. If you have 10 exp. Gladsheim's floor is cap 9 then 10 is "Abyss".

Decus and Alice were my first time. I was furious. I was beaten 3 times. I really hated when Alice used her healing art on Decus.

Raikou_fan
16th February 2009, 5:59 PM
Remiel was hard for me when I first faced him. But that was when I didn't use Raine for healing so... you can imagine how that would turn out.

A) That boss in the Dystany (SP) Ruins... The whale would kill me in two hits.

B) The Cape Fortress puzzle involving the monster statues and switches. I spent over three hours trying to figure out how to open them.

C)T he Alice and Deceus Battle. I would get killed before I could heal. I died three times before finally beating them.

B) Gladsheim: You can get lost in that place, and you take a beating from the monsters.

I've never been to the Twilight Palace, so I can't say :/

It's really not hard, until you get to the Album Atrum at the end. He drops Marta and Emil's best weapons though, so it's worth it.

I did the same thing in ToS! I didn't realize how useful a good healer is until a good way into the 2nd disk lol.

in the Cape fortress why didn't you just read the little plaque thingie? Did you remember to get the philosopher stone?

I had a hard time with Decus and Alice too, luckily Alice made me mad with her little tyrade before the fight, so I killed her first. No healing artes for decus.

I'm working on gladsheim now. I found a site that says each floor is set on a 8x8 grid, so it helps to draw a map. I'll probly end up doing that. I got emil's weapon from the Album Atrum in Twilight palace, so now I'm gonna get Marta's.

For Gladsheim, You need Item finder 3 or statue(bird) I have 30 prism sword books. If you want to get an easier way to beat Gladsheim. Then go to Coliseum. If you have 10 exp. Gladsheim's floor is cap 9 then 10 is "Abyss".

I don't really know what you said lol. Why do I need item finder 3 or arcanum wings?

Zero-Wolf
16th February 2009, 6:08 PM
Because Album Atrum B in Gladsheim has legendary weapon for Marta. So legendary weapon drop: 5&#37;.

Sapphire Phoenix
17th February 2009, 2:16 AM
in the Cape fortress why didn't you just read the little plaque thingie? Did you remember to get the philosopher stone?

I'm working on gladsheim now. I found a site that says each floor is set on a 8x8 grid, so it helps to draw a map. I'll probly end up doing that. I got emil's weapon from the Album Atrum in Twilight palace, so now I'm gonna get Marta's.

For some reason I didn't fully read through the plaque, even though I read it a lot. And yeah, I got the stone... I used it to make the Dragon Flame so I can get mah Bakunawa :D

I tried drawing a map, but I did so poorly. That's what I get for not really paying attention of how I was drawing it :/

I don't bother with Marta's weapon... Heck, I don't even use her. I rather use Zelos, Lloyd, and one of my monsters :/

Raikou_fan
17th February 2009, 3:48 AM
For some reason I didn't fully read through the plaque, even though I read it a lot. And yeah, I got the stone... I used it to make the Dragon Flame so I can get mah Bakunawa :D

I tried drawing a map, but I did so poorly. That's what I get for not really paying attention of how I was drawing it :/

I don't bother with Marta's weapon... Heck, I don't even use her. I rather use Zelos, Lloyd, and one of my monsters :/

Yay bakunawa! I used it for Feral Shadow so I could get a Galf beast. Not the best monster in the game, but it's small enough not to get in my way, and fast enough to make up for the sword dancer.

I just finished Gladsheim a few mins ago. It wasn't even hard, it just took FOREVER!!! I'm glad I did it, now I can say I've done it. I didn't get Marta's wep though, just a cruddy little amethyst. I'll probably end up going back in after her wep sometime. I used graph paper for my maps, and it worked great. It got a little messy when I hit a dead end and had to turn around(happened alot), but other than that they really looked pretty good. I started with Emil lvl 91, Marta lvl 90, my sword dancer lvl 98 and my Galf beast lvl 100, it ended with Emil lvl 100, Marta lvl 99, sword dancer lvl 106, Galf beast lvl 107. I also got like 12 Philosopher stones, and 8 rainbow manuscripts(I only fought when i had to or when i was really bored). Even without Martas wep, I think it was still a very profitable trip.

Why don't you use Marta? Especially on your 2+ play through, if you had the 2x/5x exp thing she is always a way higher lvl than any of the other characters(besides monsters). She's my healer, and incase I should make a mistake, she's there to use life bottles.

Sapphire Phoenix
17th February 2009, 4:03 AM
Why don't you use Marta? Especially on your 2+ play through, if you had the 2x/5x exp thing she is always a way higher lvl than any of the other characters(besides monsters). She's my healer, and incase I should make a mistake, she's there to use life bottles.
I guess it's a habit from my first playthrough experiance. I'd have the old ToS Characters in my team for nostalgic reasons, and (if I had anymore space left) I'd use a monster whose design I liked... There was no room for Marta :/

Besides, after teaching my Bakunawa First Aid, I didn't really need Marta anymore (since the other characters would know Auto Item and instantly heal themselves with my gels). I'd also use either Raine or Zelos for healing as well (when they were in my party.)

Zero-Wolf
17th February 2009, 6:56 AM
When I got Twilight palace for my first time. So my party were lv 200, Emil, Marta, Ravenous, and Blade Rex or Weldin Wolf(ice werewolf). Marta's break was crazy because she had her skills and armors who have speed casts. Speed Cast 1(one),2(twice) and 3(one) I rather liked to rapid Prism Sword or Photon.

I gave all healing art books to my monsters.

Mariku -- kitten
17th February 2009, 2:03 PM
I'd love to join~

Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Phantasia (Lost interest in this one), ToS: Dawn of the New World. Tales of Vesperia

Presea: She's adorable! I'd love to cosplay her in her formal wear some year. Presea is a strong female character, something I love. I use her rather than Lloyd. I also have a thing for doll-like characters.
Zelos: I'm fond of characters that are good at magic and attacks, so Zelos is perfect<3 I use him rather than Raine for a healer. I love his personal, too; It's a great way to get Pellets<3 Plus, Zelos is hot.

Karol: He annoys me. I hate how he pretends to be tough all the time. His only good point is Nice Aid Smash.
Regal: He's scary and hard to fight as. I don't like his personality.

I love the battle system and the side quests! I'm a side quest FANATIC!

darklord18
17th February 2009, 8:34 PM
/\ your in just as long as you post in this club and don't become inactive. Anyway welcome to the group.

Raikou_fan
20th February 2009, 12:04 AM
Okay, new topic again! Ya'know, anyone else is welcome to make a topic whenever they want...

What is your favorite weapon from any Tales game? Use spoilers if needed

Lloyds Material(I think) blades. I love the fire/ice elemental blade thing, and they look cool. They're perfect for that part of the story. =]

Emil's Nether Traitor sword. It looks cool, and it's really strong. It was hard to get, but it was definately worth the work. No monsters can stand up against it!

EDIT: Around 34 spoilers(counting quoted spoilers) in 2 pages! Yay?

Zero-Wolf
20th February 2009, 3:54 AM

Genis's One World I like the moving globe. xD It's pretty cool

Marta's Kismet It sounds like a singing god. There's weird spinning flash balls on her. Her ability is "God Bless" or something. Kismet is very rare than Neither Traitor.

Sapphire Phoenix
21st February 2009, 7:52 PM

I guess Zelos' Excalibur. It's just very nice to look at. But I also like Lloyd's Material Blades and Angel Tears.

I have no idea... I can't remember any weapons :x

Spoilers ftw.

arceus03
28th February 2009, 4:22 AM
Fav weapon?
Eternal Sword ftw~ The strongest available for Reid, unfortunately you have to beat Cress to get it. And I wanted to beat Cress with Arche, which can only be done AFTER you're don with the game once (hardcore mode access). So I got the Eternal Sword after beating Nereid =.=

Hero's Cane is hilarious. A cane which has a thrust and slash value? XD

Raikou_fan
3rd March 2009, 9:57 PM
I decided to go back and try to do all the side-quests in ToS1 that I hadn't ever really ever messed with before, so heres how it went.

I have the sword dancer in ToS2, so I knew they could be tough, but this was the first time I've ever fought the ToS1 sword dancer past the first time. The first and second times it wasn't that hard. I had Raine heal and cast photon when everyone was ok, Colette just stood back and cast angel feathers/other colette spells, Zelos healed some, but mostly helped me disrupt spells. The third time was different. It started out normal, I used a few life bottles, several miracle gels, then, it started to use magic. I knew it would, but when I tried to mess it up, I couldn't. Thats when I had Zelos quit healing so much and help attack. Anyway, by the end of the fight it went sorta like this:
It was down to 2000HP, I was out of Life bottles, and Colette was dead.
he did the spinny thing and killed Zelos (Raine now casts Revitalize)
I get him down to around 400HP
It kills me (Raine resurrects Zelos)
It starts to cast
Zelos kills it

Okay, the sword dancer was the only one really worth talking about. Abyssion and Maxwell(call it what you want, to me it's a side-quest. I'de never gotten Maxwell before) were both pretty easy, and the devils arms are awful.

Sapphire Phoenix
4th March 2009, 2:20 AM
I had a hard time beating the Sword Dancer the first time. Hehe, I first thought he wasn't that strong... but he completely owned me. I missed beating it the first time through, but I came back when I had 2x EXP kill him. Abyssion and Maxwell were different, since I beat them in the first time through...

Getting the Devil's Arms were annoying D:

arceus03
8th March 2009, 3:51 PM
Hey.

If you can change anything in the game (storyline, plot, weapons, etc) what would be your biggest change(s)?

Urm, for me,
For Tales of Phantasia, I'd change the storyline first. Like, an alternate ending where Mint uses her divine power to save Dhaos. It's be a fairer ending IMO, well at least Dhaos was battling for his planet, just as Cress and co. were doing.

Sapphire Phoenix
8th March 2009, 10:51 PM
If you can change anything in the game (storyline, plot, weapons, etc) what would be your biggest change(s)?

I'd have Zelos have his wings from the very start, so he could have them out in battle like Colette, as well as being able to use Judgement. I'd also take out the event where Colette is sick, and replace it with something more... epic. Plus I'd give Kratos more costumes and made the skits voiced :/

I'd have more monsters, add a monster book, made the overall plot longer somehow, added more side quests, made a Skit Archive like in ToS and I would have brought back costumes.

I'd update the graphics, added skits, made battles less frequent, etc...

Raikou_fan
9th March 2009, 7:27 PM

I'd have more monsters, add a monster book, made the overall plot longer somehow, added more side quests, made a Skit Archive like in ToS and I would have brought back costumes.

ToS2 does have a monster book type thing. You just don't have to use magic lenses anymore.

I'de also give Zelos wings and angel spells, but other than that no complaints. @(^_^)@

First, I'de bring back the overworld(like in ToS1), and make story longer. Then I'de also add more monsters, more sidequests, and bring back the different costumes.

NOTE- 31(counting quotes) spoilers on this and the last page! Yay spoilers?

Sapphire Phoenix
10th March 2009, 2:00 AM
ToS2 does have a monster book type thing. You just don't have to use magic lenses anymore.

lol, I was thinking about another game. I guess I'd make the book more detailed like in ToS since it doesn't really help much... I'd also add the bosses into it.

darklord18
10th March 2009, 2:37 AM

ToS: Would have made the final boss harder, that all I would change.

Kurai
10th March 2009, 2:49 AM
Oh snap, TALES OF SERIES? I'm so joining.

Symphonia, Abyss, Eternia, Vesperia, Phantasia, and Narikiri Dungeons 3.

Zelos Wilder (Symphonia)--He's easily my favorite character. It's a general rule for me to love Tales of Redheads, and this Chosen fits the bill for all the quirks I love in a character: Vanity/Pride, "Wears a Mask/Carefully Crafted Facade", Player, Pretty Boy, Narcissistic and Intelligence. I just love Zelos~and it also helps that he's such a kickass character to play as.

Guy Cecil (Abyss)--The loyal best friend! Almost as much as Zelos, I have an undeniable love for Guy. His quirky love for Fontech and Fon machines just makes me go "Awww!" and I love how cute he gets when he speaks about them. I like how character background, and his sweet personality--ALSO HIS GYNOPHOBIA, of course. His interactions with Luke is possibly one of my favorite points in this game. And, just like Zelos, he's so badass to play with. And he has a nice one to boot. XD

Pff, my least favorites? Probably Anise Tatlin and Mithos (NOT YGGDRASIL--I love Yggy).

Anise, I liked her at the BEGINNING of the game--when she was fawning over Luke. But when everyone (and their mom) had that little "Hate on Luke" session, that really p1ssed me off because she said the most hurtful things (and, at the moment in time, Luke was my favorite character)--and she was clearly being a hypocrite. She redeemed herself a little bit as the game drew to a close, but the beginning!Anise will always be my favorite.

And, as for Mithos...eh, he just kind of annoys me. =/ I had a reason...but it kinda just died.

One word: REDHEADS.

darklord18
10th March 2009, 2:53 AM
/\ your accept welcome, just don't do what the other do and forget to post in this club frm time to time.

Zero-Wolf
10th March 2009, 3:07 AM

Same as Darklord said. And everyone needs at least 2 Hi-ougis.

Need more monsters, titles for Emil and Marta. Bosses involve in Monster list book.

Kurai
11th March 2009, 6:46 PM

Well, nothing much really, but I'll just put something in:

I never did like how much (or rather, how LITTLE) emotion the group showed after they killed Zelos. He had a scene, and then a skit and then that's it. =/ I'm way over this now, but this was something that bugged me the first couple of times I played ToS.

Sapphire Phoenix
12th March 2009, 2:58 AM
I never did like how much (or rather, how LITTLE) emotion the group showed after they killed Zelos. He had a scene, and then a skit and then that's it. =/ I'm way over this now, but this was something that bugged me the first couple of times I played ToS.

I can't believe I forgot that! It'd bug me too when they only had, like, one or two skits that showed their emotions about killing Zelos. I was mad too, so mad that I decided I'd never get that ending again... well, I sorta can't know since he's the character I use in battle and Kratos is too slow for my tastes :/

spongeaud
12th March 2009, 4:27 PM
It would probably be go back and voice all the skits in all the games that were not voiced.
And maybe would have put Tales of Phantaisa on a different console like gamecude or PS2.

Raikou_fan
12th March 2009, 7:49 PM
I can't believe I forgot that! It'd bug me too when they only had, like, one or two skits that showed their emotions about killing Zelos. I was mad too, so mad that I decided I'd never get that ending again... well, I sorta can't know since he's the character I use in battle and Kratos is too slow for my tastes :/

OMG they kill Zelos in ToS??? When does that happen?? I've played through the whole thing and never seen that, and he's still around in ToS2..... What do you mean they kill Zelos? I'm confused....

Sapphire Phoenix
13th March 2009, 1:20 AM
OMG they kill Zelos in ToS??? When does that happen?? I've played through the whole thing and never seen that, and he's still around in ToS2..... What do you mean they kill Zelos? I'm confused....

Remember when your in Flanoir after Lloyd finds out Kratos is his dad and Lloyd has an option to go outside the church with a friend, and whatever friend you chose would be possessed by Mithos? (Hopefully you know what I'm talking about since I don't think I explained it right ^^;; ) Well, there's an chance that you can go to the church with Kratos and have the scene with him. However, if you did pick that option, Zelos would stay behind after betraying you instead of going with Colette and that Desian woman... and you'll have to fight and kill him. It's not canon of course, or Zelos wouldn't have appeared in ToS2. But it's the only way to get Kratos' Locket... or whatever that item is called in ToS1. Kratos will also replace Zelos after you get make the pack with... I can't remember his name, but he's the one where Kratos has to sacrifice his mana in order to open the seal... the very last Summon Spirit.

I've taken that option once... and I probably never will again. :/

Raikou_fan
13th March 2009, 1:46 AM
Remember when your in Flanoir after Lloyd finds out Kratos is his dad and Lloyd has an option to go outside the church with a friend, and whatever friend you chose would be possessed by Mithos? (Hopefully you know what I'm talking about since I don't think I explained it right ^^;; ) Well, there's an chance that you can go to the church with Kratos and have the scene with him. However, if you did pick that option, Zelos would stay behind after betraying you instead of going with Colette and that Desian woman... and you'll have to fight and kill him. It's not canon of course, or Zelos wouldn't have appeared in ToS2. But it's the only way to get Kratos' Locket... or whatever that item is called in ToS1. Kratos will also replace Zelos after you get make the pack with... I can't remember his name, but he's the one where Kratos has to sacrifice his mana in order to open the seal... the very last Summon Spirit.

I've taken that option once... and I probably never will again. :/

I'm not really sure what you meant with that at the beginning, but I think I know. I've never done that. I want to see it! Guess I'm gonna go play through it again. Thx! Oh yeah, does Kratos still have all his Cruxis equipment when he joins after you make the pact with origin?

Sapphire Phoenix
13th March 2009, 1:56 AM
I'm not really sure what you meant with that at the beginning, but I think I know. I've never done that. I want to see it! Guess I'm gonna go play through it again. Thx! Oh yeah, does Kratos still have all his Cruxis equipment when he joins after you make the pact with origin?

I'm not sure exactly since I've only done it once (and that was almost two years ago), but I think he does keep his equipment, but you can't equip them to anyone else except him.

darklord18
13th March 2009, 1:59 AM

that event is part of the story so you can't miss it and yes he still have it and I try to change his equipment when you get your party again while save Clollet and after that I didn't have them but I did have the stuff I had on him plus a beam sword.

Raikou_fan
13th March 2009, 2:12 AM
that event is part of the story so you can't miss it and yes he still have it and I try to change his equipment when you get your party again while save Clollet and after that I didn't have them but I did have the stuff I had on him plus a beam sword.

I think it's an optional part of the story. I've played through several times and I've never seen it. Like Sapphire Phoenix said, I guess you have to choose him or something. Anyway, I'm not sure I get the whole equipment thing, but I guess it's probably not important. I still want to go through to see it again lol.

Sapphire Phoenix
13th March 2009, 2:40 AM
I think it's an optional part of the story. I've played through several times and I've never seen it. Like Sapphire Phoenix said, I guess you have to choose him or something. Anyway, I'm not sure I get the whole equipment thing, but I guess it's probably not important. I still want to go through to see it again lol.

I guess you have to have Kratos like you alot for him to appear. You'll know it's him when Lloyd says he's hearing someone calling his name (and it's voiced, so you'll hear Kratos' voice). Equipment wise, he'll have it with him when you get him (except for his sword since Lloyd has it for the Material Swords), but only Kratos can equip them... that I know of. And he'll get a title that allow him to wear his special Cruxis outfit 8D

Zero-Wolf
13th March 2009, 4:38 AM
I haven't complete collection book in TOS1....T_T I still miss one more thing. So it's called Cruxis Crystal. That's Zelos where he gives it to Llyod at Flanior before the final.
Anyone knows how to get that Cruxis Crystal?

darklord18
13th March 2009, 5:20 AM
/\Do all of Zelos' side quest that are for him and pick him for any thing and that will make his friendship with you go up. the top three will be your three top trusted member will play a part in the Snow city scene.

Zero-Wolf
13th March 2009, 5:31 AM
Zelos's Side quest? How am I supposed to know that?

darklord18
13th March 2009, 5:39 AM
/\ to make his friendship higher do quest like the mask title quest and for the ones like the party one where you pick one party member and are allow to talk to three other party member, you must talk or pick Zelos in those type of side quest. I don't know because i don't like Zelos but I did talk to him in the party side quest and the beach side quest at one time and he was able to pick him but I reset and pick Kartos.

Zero-Wolf
14th March 2009, 1:41 AM
Ohhh.. That's what I did before. But it didn't work as well. I played TOS 9 times.

I guess I need to search TOS1 on gamefaq.

Here's the topic: What's your favorite costume in any Tales?

Genis: Katz Katz
and Presea: Dream Traveler, I like Klonoa. ^^

Repede's dolls FTW! xD

Sapphire Phoenix
14th March 2009, 2:57 AM
What's your favorite costume in any Tales?
Well, I like Lloyd's Pirate costume, as well as his and Sheena's outfit they would wear for that Princess Party thing... and Kratos' Cruxis outfit :D

Raikou_fan
16th March 2009, 4:05 AM
Okay, I don't remember if there was a topic like this, so because I don't remember it, I'm either making a new one or bringing it back.

What is your favorite dungeon in any tales game?

I liked the temple of earth for some reason. I loved the earthquake sorcerer ring, and I had fun with the little curry gnomelett guys.

Twilight palace, and Gladsheim. I thought twilight palace was pretty, it was my first encounter with Album Atrum, I got my favorite weapon (Nether Traitor for Emil is awesome), and I got the kitty kat monster! Whats better than a kitty who trained as a ninja in Mizuho? Yeah, nothing! I hated Gladsheim when I was doing it. It took like all day, and I got bored just running through the maze forever. Looking back though, I actually had some fun with it, and it was one of the most challenging things I've ran into in a while.

Sapphire Phoenix
16th March 2009, 4:10 AM
I think we have... but whatever :D

Probably the Triet Ruins since... I'm not really sure. I guess I like it's location :/ Many of ToS's dungeons hold bad memories for me...

Triet Ruins again!!! *shot*

*coughs* Well, I also like Dynasty Ruins and Gladsheim... like above, many of these dungeons I hate with a fiery passion intense as 1,000 suns... :o

Raikou_fan
16th March 2009, 4:23 AM

Probably the Triet Ruins since... I'm not really sure. I guess I like it's location :/ Many of ToS's dungeons hold bad memories for me...

Triet Ruins again!!! *shot*

*coughs* Well, I also like Dynasty Ruins and Gladsheim... like above, many of these dungeons I hate with a fiery passion intense as 1,000 suns... :o

Lol why do you hate so many of the dungeons? I had a tough time with some of them, but it was barely anything to worry about.

The only one I really didn't like was the temple of darkness. The little shadow blobs wouldn't stay with me, and I got confused moving the blocks around. I got all the blobs together, but by the time I got to the altar through the really dark area, I only had 1 with me...

spongeaud
16th March 2009, 6:27 PM
ToA-Jade rode costume nothing like fighting a serious boss battle in a rode!!
ToA - Guy dashing gent just making him even more hotter if thats possible (sorry the fan girl in me came out)

In ToS the temple of lighting

In ToS2 the temple of darkness I wanted Tenabre back and it was easier than when you played it in the first game.

In ToA prolly the any of the place where the passage rings were they were always so pretty and easy to get through.

Sapphire Phoenix
17th March 2009, 2:35 AM
Lol why do you hate so many of the dungeons? I had a tough time with some of them, but it was barely anything to worry about.

The main reason is because I had a hard time getting through them, and there would be some part where I would get stuck at. For example: I hate the Meltokio sewers because it took me a long time to figure out how to get around one of the garbage blocks when your pushing them on that narrow ledge... Then in the Tower of Mana the boss was where I first died in the game, and it took me at least three tries before I killed it. Little things like that stay with me.

They say first impressions are everything... D:

Zero-Wolf
17th March 2009, 3:16 AM

Temple of Lighting, that's a fun to cause an electric on any character. Or falling off the edge. I like it when saying "Weeee!" xD

Temple of Darkness and Twilight Palace.
Well...I like its style. That's matched Emil. I love the darkness.

I really hate Gladsheim. It took me 4 hours. >_>

Kurai
19th March 2009, 2:53 AM
Zelos' Narcissist, the whole Abyss crews Final Battle Outfits (Especially Guy and Luke. ESPECIALLY Guy...man, he looks so sexy in his XD). Kratos' judgment also gets a mention too.

[insert Sheena's beach outfit here].

I can tell you my most HATED dungeon. In Symphonia, the Gorge and the Forest made me freakin' angry.

For Abyss, the second gate (Radiation, I think) was my favorite. BECAUSE IT WAS EASY, and not ANNOYING like the Absorption gate.

pcstampede
19th March 2009, 3:29 AM
Could I join? This is the first I've seen of a Tales club

Phantasia, Symphonia, Legendia, Abyss, Symphonia DONW,

Sheena- Well aside from her fighting style I like her personality acting tough yet having a femine side.
Presea- Not much of a personality but I always control Presea more then any of the others. such a little powerhouse.

Moses - I like his personality but I had a hard time controlling him.
Spinoza - hate him so much always running after getting caught eavesdropping >.>

The battle systems I think are some of the best around easily. I always can replay the games without growing bored of them, and I usually enjoy all of the playable characters.

Sapphire Phoenix
19th March 2009, 3:32 AM
pcstampede, you're in. Welcome and stay active :D

Er... I haven't played a Tales game in a while ^^;;

pcstampede
19th March 2009, 3:40 AM
thx :D hmmm I need to finish up Abyss...finally xD

darklord18
19th March 2009, 4:28 AM
Pcstampede, you have just broken a rule, No one liners either edited your post or delete it.

I add you to the list but please stay out of trouble.

arceus03
20th March 2009, 12:30 PM
'S been a long time for me, too. (Playing the game, that is)

Anyway...
Favourite costume
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/arceus03/Meredy_Katz_1.jpg

LOLz. Hilarious.

Favourite dungeon
Don't think I've got one. I DO have the most annoying ones, but...
Oh wait. In Tales of Eternia, where you get Rem, that place is _quite_ easy. And seeing that you can heal at the crystal after battling Rem, it's a good place for leveling Rem up (and getting Indignation) before exiting. Well that's it I guess.

Oh, also, Shizel's Castle is very un-boss-like. It's so short. You fight 6 Elementlers, you get to Shizel. Unlike Dhaos's castle in Tales of Phantasia, with its secret paths, buttons, puzzles etc.

darklord18
20th March 2009, 1:28 PM
/\ or the ToS after getting pass some storyline events, you can fight weaker forms of the last boss and the dungeon was very hard on first run as I got lost.-

That picture funny.

arceus03
28th March 2009, 2:31 AM
We really need to be more creative than just making topics =.= It tends to get boring over time. Any ideas?test

Perhaps.. post your recent play, or something like that. It's been a long time since I played the game, anyhow :p But I just opened Tales of Phantasia this morning. The ending song is great, I love it XD

Anyway, off topic, I just got Platinum so I probably won't be playing any Tales game soon. Perhaps I'll replay Eternia, but that'd have to wait.

Or, any other things, creating banners, fanfic, etc. Someone?

Just an idea. lol

Sweet May
10th April 2009, 5:40 PM
Despite how the place is dead, the owner has given up the club to the co-owner. With that, Sapphire Phoenix may remake the club unless they wish to hand it to someone else.

Closed upon owner's request.