PDA

View Full Version : The Standalone Pokémon club

Pages : [1] 2

Pearl's Perap
15th December 2008, 9:43 PM
Since in the rules it strictly states that you can't make a club based on one pokémon and some pokémon don't actually have an evolutionary line, I came up with the simple idea of a club that includes ALL these pokémon with no evolutions.

And so I present, THE STANDALONE POKÉMON CLUB!

Are you a fan of Kangaskhan? Qwilfish? Tropius? Chatot? If so, then this club is for the club for you. Simply state which standalone pokémon you like and why you like it using the form below.

Usual club rules apply, but here's a quick rundown:

1 - the usual forum rules (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=148029) apply like normal.

2 - No one-liners, they will either be ignored or reported.

3 - Don't overuse smilies, one per post is more than necessary (aside from the members list ;])

Form

Name you want to go by:
Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number):
Reason why:
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon:
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon:

Members List

;206;Atari
;227;Aura Master
;442;Brodioh
;127;Chaotic Tyrant
;336;Dooplissotto
;235;Handymankg2 (First member)
;142;IcyDragon0605
;324;InfamousMrJ
;211;Missingno. Master
;131;Mr. Joker
;327;Mr. Yoshi
;235;noobiess
;441;Pearl's Perap (club owner)
;302;pokemon-expert-chris
;357;Sapphire Phoenix
;292;Shadow_Dusknoir (brought to my attention that Shedinja is in fact a standalone in its own right :})
;417;ShinyVaati
;131;starliteevee
;455;Stoc15
;359;Supergalactic
;132;Tomato-kun
;479;TurtwigFan1
;359;YodaSlocker
;214;Zorg

Media

Banners courtesy of Sapphire Phoenix;

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/Thenewbanner.png

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/StandalonepokemonclubbannerBETTER.png

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/StandalonepokemonclubbannerBETTER.png

Example Topics

Which standalone pokémon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?
What is your favourite picture of your favourite standalone pokémon?
Out of all the standalone Pokemon, who do you think would win a fight between all of them?
Do you have any level 100 standalone pokémon?
What would be the perfect episode/manga chapter starring your favourite standalone pokémon?

---

Incase you can't remember if you love a certain standalone pokémon, here's a list:

1st Gen - Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Tauros, Lapras, Ditto, Aerodactyl

2nd Gen - Unown, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Heracross, Corsola, Delibird, Skarmory, Stantler, Smeargle, Miltank

3rd Gen - Shedinja*, Sableye, Mawile, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Spinda, Zangoose, Seviper, Lunatone, Solrock, Castform, Kecleon, Tropius, Absol, Relicanth, Luvdisc

4th Gen - Pachirisu, Chatot, Spiritomb, Carnivine, Rotom

* Despite Shedinja requiring the evolution of a Nincada to come about, it does not evolve into or from another pokémon, making it a standalone pokémon in its own right

Handy?
19th December 2008, 6:47 PM
Name you want to go by: Handymankg2 (Handy)
Favourite standalone pokémon: Smeargle (Tauros also)
Reason why: Smeargle is such a crazy Pokemon, with insane artistic skills, and plus the design is really awesome. I have loved it ever since I saw it in the anime. Tauros is also a favourite for its design, and I like the idea of a male only bull Pokemon, but expect next Gen it will become no longer a stand alone.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: I can't remember the episode name, but the one where the man uses the Smeargles as artists for himself, to make the town a lot better. This inspired my love for Smeargle.

Pearl's Perap
19th December 2008, 9:07 PM
Name you want to go by: Handymankg2 (Handy)
Favourite standalone pokémon: Smeargle (Tauros also)
Reason why: Smeargle is such a crazy Pokemon, with insane artistic skills, and plus the design is really awesome. I have loved it ever since I saw it in the anime. Tauros is also a favourite for its design, and I like the idea of a male only bull Pokemon, but expect next Gen it will become no longer a stand alone.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: I can't remember the episode name, but the one where the man uses the Smeargles as artists for himself, to make the town a lot better. This inspired my love for Smeargle.

Congratulations, you're our first member :P

I like the design of both Tauros and Miltank, but I can see next generation bringing a pre-evo for them that it obtained by breeding the two together.

pokemon-expert-chris
19th December 2008, 9:45 PM
Can I join?

Name you want to go by: Chris
Favourite standalone pokémon: Sableye ;302;
Reason why: Its design is awesome and it doesn't have any type weaknesses.

Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Ready, Willing and Sableye!

Sapphire Phoenix
20th December 2008, 1:00 AM
I'd like to join!

Name you want to go by: Sapphire
Favourite standalone pokémon: Tropius
Reason why: I really like how Tropius looks, and it's been a good pokemon to me in Emerald.
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon: Man, I can't say since I basically missed all of the Hoenn episodes. But I'll have to say I liked it's 2 seconds of fame in Jirachi: Wish Maker...

Stoc15
20th December 2008, 1:56 AM
Name you want to go by: Stark-sama
Favourite standalone pokémon: Carnivine
Reason why: You gotta love a Pokemon that actually has a blood-lust! And, I like the fact that Carnivine is designed in a very neat fashion.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Bascially every single episode in the Sinnoh arc that includes James' Carnivine.

Hope I get in!

Pearl's Perap
20th December 2008, 2:29 AM
Can I join?

Name you want to go by: Chris
Favourite standalone pokémon: Sableye ;302;
Reason why: Its design is awesome and it doesn't have any type weaknesses.

Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Ready, Willing and Sableye!

You're in, I like Sableye too, the design of it is great. Definitely one of my favourite Hoenn pokémon.

I'd like to join!

Name you want to go by: Sapphire
Favourite standalone pokémon: Tropius
Reason why: I really like how Tropius looks, and it's been a good pokemon to me in Emerald.
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon: Man, I can't say since I basically missed all of the Hoenn episodes. But I'll have to say I liked it's 2 seconds of fame in Jirachi: Wish Maker...

You're in ;D

Name you want to go by: Stark-sama
Favourite standalone pokémon: Carnivine
Reason why: You gotta love a Pokemon that actually has a blood-lust! And, I like the fact that Carnivine is designed in a very neat fashion.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Bascially every single episode in the Sinnoh arc that includes James' Carnivine.

Hope I get in!

You're in also, Jame's Carnivine is amazing, definitely one of the better Sinnoh pokémon in the series

Okay, I'ma set a topic now we have a few members

Which standalone pokémon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?

Evilyn
20th December 2008, 2:43 AM
I'll join.

Name you want to go by: Tyrant or Chaos, doesn't matter to me.
Favourite standalone pokémon: Pinsir (Absol being my second favorite)
Reason why: I remember back in the First Generation, when Pinsir was the star of my team, and the only usable Bug type other thana Scyther. Then Heracross came around, a cheap rip-off that was used more because of his better typing.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: I don't really keep track of the anime, but I remember back in the Jhoto Journies episodes when there was a episode where a swarm of Pinsir and a swarm of Heracross where fighting for control of the forest.

pokemon-expert-chris
20th December 2008, 3:30 AM
Thanks for letting me join!
Maybe Kanghaskan and Tauros+Milktank with pre-evos...And maybe Quilfish with an evolution...The others are fine just as they are right now.

Stoc15
20th December 2008, 3:34 AM
Which standalone Pokemon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?
Kanghaskan, obviously. That baby has deserved an pre-evolution for years! But anyway, I can list a few others: Miltank, Tauros, Quilfish, Carnivine, Tropius and the most epic Pokemon (not really), Pachirisu.

IcyDragon0605
20th December 2008, 3:43 AM
Name you want to go by: = Idrag, icydragon, I_D.
Favourite standalone pokémon: = Aerodactyl
Reason why: = I always loved the fossil poemon, aerodactyl because he's rock and flying type. Also because some call him a dragon
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: In Pokemon Chronicles: The episode when Gary and friends meet a baby/hurt Aerodactyl.

Pearl's Perap
20th December 2008, 1:54 PM
I'll join.

Name you want to go by: Tyrant or Chaos, doesn't matter to me.
Favourite standalone pokémon: Pinsir (Absol being my second favorite)
Reason why: I remember back in the First Generation, when Pinsir was the star of my team, and the only usable Bug type other thana Scyther. Then Heracross came around, a cheap rip-off that was used more because of his better typing.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: I don't really keep track of the anime, but I remember back in the Jhoto Journies episodes when there was a episode where a swarm of Pinsir and a swarm of Heracross where fighting for control of the forest.

You're in, I remember that episode back in the day, as much as I loved Ash's Heracross, I hate how Heracross overshadowed and basically replaced a good pokémon like Pinsir

Name you want to go by: = Idrag, icydragon, I_D.
Favourite standalone pokémon: = Aerodactyl
Reason why: = I always loved the fossil poemon, aerodactyl because he's rock and flying type. Also because some call him a dragon
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: In Pokemon Chronicles: The episode when Gary and friends meet a baby/hurt Aerodactyl.

As are you :]

Seems like people have been wanting the baby Kangaskhan as an actual pokémon for years now, I know I have. I'm hoping that they do something more with Stantler and Qwilfish, too, maybe even Dunsparce.

Stoc15
20th December 2008, 2:44 PM
@Pearl's Perap
Heracross always was a cheap knockoff of Pinsir, but then Nintendo hypnotized gamers all over the world to obey this beetle Pokemon. If only Pinsir still had dominance in the Pokemon world. (sighs) Anyway, a Dunsparce evolution was good. Did everybody remember that one place in FireRed and LeafGreen where after you beat the Elite Four, that the place only had Dunsparce? If you did, let me just say that was so annoying just hoping that Dunsparce wouldn't be the only Pokemon there. And that's why I want Dunsparce to have an evolution.

Sapphire Phoenix
20th December 2008, 2:53 PM
Yay, thanks for letting me join :D

I'd like to see the Kangaskhan baby as one. Or a Tropius pre-evo. Actually, I could see any standalone pokemon getting a pre-evo...

Stoc15
20th December 2008, 2:58 PM
@Sapphire Phoenix
Welcome to the club. A new member makes every day better! Anyway, the Kangaskhan baby evolution is one of the most wanted Pokemon in the history of mankind. This has been posted on so many forms, that it gives me a headache thinking about all the possibilities. The Tropius pre-evo sounds like a good idea, although I want a regular evolution for Tropius. And I have to agree with you, a lot of Pokemon that have no evos deserve evos. (Absol, anybody?)

Sapphire Phoenix
20th December 2008, 3:17 PM
I agree with you on many points Stoc15. I would like to see a plan evolution for Tropius instead of a pre-evo, and an Absol evolution would be cool. I have a feeling that those two are going to get some sort of evolution in the 5th gen.

pokemon-expert-chris
20th December 2008, 4:23 PM
Yeah, if they make a 5th Gen they HAVE to put the kangaskhan pre-evo as a new pokemon. A tropius evolution would be great too, but I want absol without an evolution, in my opinion absol is fine as it is right now.

Pearl's Perap
20th December 2008, 4:24 PM
One pokémon, contrary to what you might think, that I don't want to evolve is Perap (Chatot), simply because the design of the pokémon is fine as it, for now at least.

I wont be best pleased if it gets a pre/evo in the next generation, when there's other pokémon that need 'em. I think an Absol pre-evolution would be nice, since I find it good enough to be a final pokémon. Same with Tropius, really.

Yeah, if they make a 5th Gen they HAVE to put the kangaskhan pre-evo as a new pokemon. A tropius evolution would be great too, but I want absol without an evolution, in my opinion absol is fine as it is right now.

I don't understand why it wasn't just it's pre-evo in the first generation, really. Or it's baby form when babies were introduced in the second generation ;/

NEED MOAR MEMBAZ

pokemon-expert-chris
20th December 2008, 4:50 PM
One pokémon, contrary to what you might think, that I don't want to evolve is Perap (Chatot), simply because the design of the pokémon is fine as it, for now at least.

I wont be best pleased if it gets a pre/evo in the next generation, when there's other pokémon that need 'em. I think an Absol pre-evolution would be nice, since I find it good enough to be a final pokémon. Same with Tropius, really.

I don't understand why it wasn't just it's pre-evo in the first generation, really. Or it's baby form when babies were introduced in the second generation ;/

NEED MOAR MEMBAZ
I agree, Chatot is fine without any evolutions, and they better have the kangaskhan pre-evo in the 5th Gen if they make one (although it should have been made a long time ago).
Also, a pre-evo of Absol would be fine with me, just not an evolution.

Pearl's Perap
20th December 2008, 4:55 PM
I agree, Chatot is fine without any evolutions, and they better have the kangaskhan pre-evo in the 5th Gen if they make one (although it should have been made a long time ago).
Also, a pre-evo of Absol would be fine with me, just not an evolution.

I have ideas of it being the polar opposite to Absol, as in, rather than being the disaster pokémon, it brings luck and prosperity.

Stoc15
20th December 2008, 5:49 PM
Maybe I could make a banner for the club and advertise. Or I could get my bestest friend to come over here and make the banner for us. He is the one who made my banners (some of them) so here is the guy: Metamance!

Anyway, Absol is awesome right now, but I think it would be good for an evo. I don't understand or imagine what a pre-evo would look like. It would probably Absol in chibi form, but that's just me.

pokemon-expert-chris
20th December 2008, 5:58 PM
I have ideas of it being the polar opposite to Absol, as in, rather than being the disaster pokémon, it brings luck and prosperity.
That is not a bad idea at all! But if they did that I would rather have them somewhat like plusle and minun than having one evolving into the other...Or maybe have a pre-evo that evolves into absol if its happiness is low and if its happiness is high enough it evolves into the other one!

Pearl's Perap
20th December 2008, 6:58 PM
Maybe I could make a banner for the club and advertise. Or I could get my bestest friend to come over here and make the banner for us. He is the one who made my banners (some of them) so here is the guy: Metamance!

Anyway, Absol is awesome right now, but I think it would be good for an evo. I don't understand or imagine what a pre-evo would look like. It would probably Absol in chibi form, but that's just me.

A banner would be great, I can only make very basic stuff on Photoshop, hence why there's nothing here so far x_x

As for the Absol pre-evo, I could imagine it as a chibi Absol, too, it's just such an original pokémon, it's hard to imagine it having a pre/evo.

That is not a bad idea at all! But if they did that I would rather have them somewhat like plusle and minun than having one evolving into the other...Or maybe have a pre-evo that evolves into absol if its happiness is low and if its happiness is high enough it evolves into the other one!

Yeahh, that would be good, actually, I like that idea quite a lot.

Stoc15
20th December 2008, 7:00 PM
@Pokemon Expert Chris
These are all good ideas, and they help to support many theories. It would be nice to see a creative idea like the one Pearl's Perap came up with. Seriously, it's almost like the people who go on here are going to be workers for Nintendo! XD.

pokemon-expert-chris
20th December 2008, 7:13 PM
Thanks! I am glad you liked the idea. As for how the Absol pre-evo would look like, I have absolutely no idea...Maybe a chibi Absol with half its body dark and the other half bright..

Sapphire Phoenix
20th December 2008, 10:31 PM
Sorta like Yin-Yang right? I can imagine it now: Absol's colors are inverted, and it has two horns: one that curves up and the other curves down (it sorta looks like a cirlcle). And it would have two tails: One white and One grey... I wanta sprite this :D This would be the other evo that the pre-Absol evo would evolve into with Pokemon Expert Chris' idea... Yeah...

Pearl's Perap
20th December 2008, 10:35 PM
Sorta like Yin-Yang right? I can imagine it now: Absol's colors are inverted, and it has two horns: one that curves up and the other curves down (it sorta looks like a cirlcle). And it would have two tails: One white and One grey... I wanta sprite this :D This would be the other evo that the pre-Absol evo would evolve into with Pokemon Expert Chris' idea... Yeah...

I hadn't got any images before, but this idea has conjured up a great image. You should totally sprite it ;D

IcyDragon0605
20th December 2008, 10:36 PM

I've seen fan-art for an absol-baby and it looked great! I'm not even sure if it was fan-art, it may have been real. I also think Kanghaskhan has been needing a baby-evolution for a long time. But if the baby was a boy then when it evolved it would get a sex-change :O.

Sapphire Phoenix
20th December 2008, 10:42 PM
I hadn't got any images before, but this idea has conjured up a great image. You should totally sprite it ;D
You know what, I have free time this week. I'll do it and have it done in a few days :D

I also think Kanghaskhan has been needing a baby-evolution for a long time. But if the baby was a boy then when it evolved it would get a sex-change :O.
lol that'd be funny. One moment it'd be a guy, then BAM! A woman XD

I just thought of another one: Mawhile. It deserves some sort of evolution. With one it'd be less... forgetable D':

Pearl's Perap
20th December 2008, 10:46 PM
You know what, I have free time this week. I'll do it and have it done in a few days :D

Sounds great ;D

I just thought of another one: Mawhile. It deserves some sort of evolution. With one it'd be less... forgetable D':

I think the same goes for Sableye, though, it's more memorable a pokémon with it's typing. I think they should both get an evolution.

A Stantler evolution would make me happy, especially if they end up going to Johto for the next Battle Frontier (Too hopeful) 'cause Brock might meet the Stantler he befriended as a child now that it's an adult, capture it and showcase the evolution.

I think way too much x_x

Sapphire Phoenix
20th December 2008, 10:56 PM
I think the same goes for Sableye, though, it's more memorable a pokémon with it's typing. I think they should both get an evolution.

A Stantler evolution would make me happy, especially if they end up going to Johto for the next Battle Frontier (Too hopeful) 'cause Brock might meet the Stantler he befriended as a child now that it's an adult, capture it and showcase the evolution.

I think way too much x_x
But you do have a point. If they did go back to Johto for the Battle Frontier (I can't imagine one or two seasons of Ash and co on the island for that long.) Then it would be cool to see the Stantler again! More than likely Team Rocket will try to steal it, and Brock steps in to save it. And at the last moment: BAM! Stantler evolution to the rescue :D

IcyDragon0605
20th December 2008, 11:08 PM

I can see it now: A covered face with gallade's body, and two mouths on it's arms.

Sableye would make a great canadate for a pre-evolution AND an evolution. I can't make up an image but it would look great!

Pearl's Perap
20th December 2008, 11:19 PM
But you do have a point. If they did go back to Johto for the Battle Frontier (I can't imagine one or two seasons of Ash and co on the island for that long.) Then it would be cool to see the Stantler again! More than likely Team Rocket will try to steal it, and Brock steps in to save it. And at the last moment: BAM! Stantler evolution to the rescue :D

I would love to see that in an episode, aha. I don't know why but I have a funny feeling we COULD get G/S/C remakes between now and the fifth generation, simply because they've only JUST released the DSi in Japan and it will be on the next handheld console after the DSi. IF this was the plan, I'm sure they would go back to Johto to promote the game, much like they did with the Kanto Battle Frontier and the chance for Stantler could come...

Supergalactic
21st December 2008, 4:12 AM
O HAI PAIR

Name you want to go by: Kitsy, but username is fine too.
Favourite standalone pokémon: Absol
Reason why: It's a beautiful poke'mon, and I love how they were designed around the yinyang concept. Also, because they are very misunderstood in the pokeverse.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Absol-ute Disaster!
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon: I don't remember the exact chapter, but I liked the moment when someone pointed out to Ruby how beautiful an absol was, but he said he was still not happy to see it because they always bring disaster. I feel sorry for poor absol D:

Pearl's Perap
21st December 2008, 1:53 PM
O HAI PAIR

Name you want to go by: Kitsy, but username is fine too.
Favourite standalone pokémon: Absol
Reason why: It's a beautiful poke'mon, and I love how they were designed around the yinyang concept. Also, because they are very misunderstood in the pokeverse.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Absol-ute Disaster!
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon: I don't remember the exact chapter, but I liked the moment when someone pointed out to Ruby how beautiful an absol was, but he said he was still not happy to see it because they always bring disaster. I feel sorry for poor absol D:

You're NOT in D:

I jest, I jest

Seems like Absol is our main standalone pokémon here so far. Makes sense though, it has an amazing design.

I'll add you to the list now :]]

Stoc15
21st December 2008, 1:59 PM
Doctor octoputapus blah! XD. What are we talking about now? I hope that it's not about Absol again! Even though I love that loner Pokemon, we need to talk about.... Tropius! Why is it a mountain? How big is it's crap? XD.

Pearl's Perap
21st December 2008, 2:52 PM
Doctor octoputapus blah! XD. What are we talking about now? I hope that it's not about Absol again! Even though I love that loner Pokemon, we need to talk about.... Tropius! Why is it a mountain? How big is it's crap? XD.

I would NOT like to see Tropius crap O_O

Imagine if it acted like a bird and, well, did it's business whilst flying. That'd be bad times for the world, aha...

Stoc15
21st December 2008, 2:54 PM
But Tropius crap could be fuel..... XD. Although, I'm not talking about car fuel. I'm talking even worse: it would be a sports energy drink for like a Muk or something. And if a real human drank it.... that would be unspeakable. XD.

Pearl's Perap
21st December 2008, 3:19 PM
But Tropius crap could be fuel..... XD. Although, I'm not talking about car fuel. I'm talking even worse: it would be a sports energy drink for like a Muk or something. And if a real human drank it.... that would be unspeakable. XD.

I have such disturbing thoughts right now, someone has an amazingly over-active imagination O___O ahaha

pokemon-expert-chris
21st December 2008, 8:16 PM
I think someone is watching too much TV,lol. And how are Muk supposed to do sports anyway?
Also, I don't want an evolution for Sableye, I like it just the way it is right now...;302;

Pearl's Perap
21st December 2008, 9:06 PM
Okay, I think it's time for a new topic so;

Not necessarily the one, this could be multiple. Just make sure, if you show any fan art that you give credit to the artist.

As for my favourite:

http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/majestic-dawn/55-chatot.jpg

Perap from the Majestic Dawn TCG set, I just love the picture, aha.

Stoc15
21st December 2008, 9:20 PM
Trust me, things would get way more ugly then my imagination could even produce. But if the confines of my mind were truely unleashed, then things would get more then unspeakable: they would get unseeable!

What is your favorite picture of your favorite standalone Pokemon?
Love this:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/Encyclopika/Carnivine.jpg

Pearl's Perap
21st December 2008, 9:50 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/Encyclopika/Carnivine.jpg

I love that picture too, I have the card in my collection. It's really cute ;D

pokemon-expert-chris
21st December 2008, 10:51 PM
Trust me, things would get way more ugly then my imagination could even produce. But if the confines of my mind were truely unleashed, then things would get more then unspeakable: they would get unseeable!
If that were to happen, warn me first please.
I like this one a lot! The diamonds on its eyes look awesome!:
http://www.spillsjefen.no/images/product_poke_sableye.jpg

Pearl's Perap
21st December 2008, 11:17 PM
I love how it's eyes actually...stand off the picture, if you get what I mean. Looks nice and realistic. Well, as realistic as a fictional creature could be ;P

Stoc15
21st December 2008, 11:23 PM
How do you randomly turn offline, then just come online and rant about a super epic picture of a Pokemon? As that wierdo owl in the Tootsie Pop commercials says, "The world may never know!" XD. Anyway, that was a good pic! Like Perap-sama said, the eyes are pwnage!

pokemon-expert-chris
21st December 2008, 11:27 PM
I know, I chose the pic mostly becase of how the eyes look!

How do you randomly turn offline, then just come online and rant about a super epic picture of a Pokemon?
Same random question here.

Stoc15
21st December 2008, 11:34 PM
That question was for Perap-sama. And it was pretty likely that you would pick it just for the super duper realistic eyes. Trust me, it's peer pressure, man. Peer pressure! (summons Carnivine to eat all of you) XD.

pokemon-expert-chris
21st December 2008, 11:39 PM
That question was for Perap-sama. And it was pretty likely that you would pick it just for the super duper realistic eyes. Trust me, it's peer pressure, man. Peer pressure! (summons Carnivine to eat all of you) XD.
I know, I was just saying that I was wondering the same thing because I noticed it too.
*Summons ;302; to destroy carnivine before it eats me.*

Stoc15
21st December 2008, 11:44 PM
Toothbrush tango! (Carnivine and the mysterious creature that cannot be named fight to the death, with fat Blissey cheerleaders supporting them on as they both puke when they confess their love to the two fighters) Ya get a super XD. But you gotta admit, Carnivine would win in a fight.

Pearl's Perap
21st December 2008, 11:46 PM
I'm just...good?

Sorry but I think my army of Peraps would be enough to destroy both Carnivine AND Sableye ;D

Stoc15
21st December 2008, 11:48 PM
That's it, you have pushed me to my limit! Muk would use the fuel of Tropius crap by eating it, devouring it, allowing it to swish around in the stomach, and then puke it all out! XD! I hope you survived that. And if I can make a new topic, here goes:

Out of all the standalone Pokemon, who do you think would win a fight between all of them?

pokemon-expert-chris
21st December 2008, 11:49 PM
Toothbrush tango! (Carnivine and the mysterious creature that cannot be named fight to the death, with fat Blissey cheerleaders supporting them on as they both puke when they confess their love to the two fighters) Ya get a super XD. But you gotta admit, Carnivine would win in a fight.
Wow! You really have a big imagination Stoc15. I mean toothbrush tango? How did you come up with that? And sorry Pearl's Perap, but the sableye army would have won...

Stoc15
22nd December 2008, 12:25 AM
One day, I was with my little brother and cousin and we were watching Blue's Clues. Slippery Soap and Joe just randomly pop out of a sink and start singing "We do the toothbrush tango!" XD true story! Anyway, the Carnivine Coven, Association, Republic, Army, Biker Gang, and Club would own you all.

IcyDragon0605
22nd December 2008, 12:39 AM

Aerodactyl, as far as I remember is the fastest. Hitmonchan or lee also has a good chance as most of the other standalone pokemon are normal or steel. The last canandate is Tropius, he has a type advantage over Aerdactyl and Hitmonchan :0.

pokemon-expert-chris
22nd December 2008, 12:41 AM
Obviously ;302; would win first place with his perfect tactic of using his 2 huge diamonds as bait and then attacking the pokemon from behind. And ;479-c; would win second place after beating carnivine.

IcyDragon0605
22nd December 2008, 12:44 AM
I just realized, isn't it odd that we all have different favs?

Anyway: http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/japanese/dp4/aerodactyl.jpg

pokemon-expert-chris
22nd December 2008, 12:52 AM

Yeah, I noticed that too but I guess its just coincidence. Another person is going to come sooner or later and have a fave in common with someone else here. Anyway that aerodactil pic looks awesome!

Pearl's Perap
22nd December 2008, 1:05 AM

It's pretty good that we all have different favourites at the moment, brings a bit of variety, aha.

As for that picture, I like that card too, the art is really nice.

Mr. Yoshi
22nd December 2008, 5:42 AM
oh. i was supposed to make a club like this a few months ago. lol.

anyway, may i join?

Name you want to go by: Mr. Yoshi
Favourite standalone pokémon: Spinda
Reason why: I first saw Spinda on my cousin's Pokémon Sapphire. While I was walking around Route 113, I spotted a number of Spinda. Of course, I noticed the different patterns each of them had. So I thought that this was some kind of special Pokémon. Soon, I got Pokémon Emerald, and got a Spinda. I kept the Spinda in my team (yes, really) until it was about level forty something. Then my save file got corrupted. Which kinda sucked. So I forgot about it for a while. Last year, around December, my obsession for Spinda came back. I don't really play the games anymore, so I don't really have a Spinda now. But I want to, really. Just too lazy xD

And as for the other topics (the manga and the animé ones), I don't read or watch it D8

Evilyn
22nd December 2008, 5:44 AM

I would say Aerodactyl. It has a good variety of Physical moves in it's movepool to take advantage of it's high Physical Attack and Speed.

Pearl's Perap
22nd December 2008, 10:55 AM
oh. i was supposed to make a club like this a few months ago. lol.

anyway, may i join?

Name you want to go by: Mr. Yoshi
Favourite standalone pokémon: Spinda
Reason why: I first saw Spinda on my cousin's Pokémon Sapphire. While I was walking around Route 113, I spotted a number of Spinda. Of course, I noticed the different patterns each of them had. So I thought that this was some kind of special Pokémon. Soon, I got Pokémon Emerald, and got a Spinda. I kept the Spinda in my team (yes, really) until it was about level forty something. Then my save file got corrupted. Which kinda sucked. So I forgot about it for a while. Last year, around December, my obsession for Spinda came back. I don't really play the games anymore, so I don't really have a Spinda now. But I want to, really. Just too lazy xD

And as for the other topics (the manga and the animé ones), I don't read or watch it D8

You're in, welcome to the Standalone Pokémon Club ;D

I don't know, this is quite a tough on. Aerodactyl is pretty beasty though in comparison to some pokémon...

noobiess
22nd December 2008, 10:58 AM
I want to join... I like a lot of stand-alone pokemon but smeargle is my favorite

Pearl's Perap
22nd December 2008, 11:02 AM
I want to join... I like a lot of stand-alone pokemon but smeargle is my favorite

Use the proper form please, it's all I ask ;/

Mr. Yoshi
22nd December 2008, 11:38 AM
You're in, welcome to the Standalone Pokémon Club ;D

Thank you :D

Well, I guess I'll answer the topics now.

I don't really want any of them to get one, but if I have to say, it would have to be Kangaskhan or Shuckle. Why? Because, well, everyone's been kind of wanting them. There're a lot of fake evolutions of them. Maybe Chatot, too. Since Chatot's kinda lonely. D8 Or Qwilfish.

Sugimori (http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo194/patchiiru/other%20crap%20here/Sugi.png) Card Art (http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo194/patchiiru/other%20crap%20here/cardlove.png) Card Art (http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo194/patchiiru/other%20crap%20here/cardlove2.jpg) Card art (http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo194/patchiiru/other%20crap%20here/cardlove3.png)

I don't know much about Pokémon battles, but I guess, uhm ... hm. Maybe Aerodactyl or Heracross.

Pearl's Perap
22nd December 2008, 11:41 AM
or Heracross.

I totally forgot about Heracross, yeah, it probably could end up owning most of the other standalones, really.

As for them pictures, I always find the Spinda cards entertaining, it's such a...weird pokémon. Nice design though, I especially like how the patterns vary 'mon to 'mon.

Stoc15
22nd December 2008, 1:19 PM
Not the Heracross debate again! Anyway, welcome new member-san! Thanks for answering all the topics, especially mine, and I hope you have fun fighting off my army of Carnivine. But Spinda? That's originality.

Pearl's Perap
22nd December 2008, 4:01 PM
Not the Heracross debate again!

I knew that people wouldn't be pleased to hear that ;P

I think Spinda is one of the more original pokémon as a whole, let alone just the standalones.

noobiess
22nd December 2008, 4:11 PM
Use the proper form please, it's all I ask ;/
ok

Name you want to go by: noobiess
Favourite standalone pokémon: smeargle
Reason why: he looks great and is strong .. he is also very unique
but I also have alot stand-alone pokmon that I like:
Pinsir: he is cool and liked it from the start
Aerodactyl: this was the first pokemon that i trained where I tohught: wow he is strong.. when I was training him he killed a level 25 (or soemthing) machop and aerodactyl was at level 5 (i think)
Qwilfish: he is one of my favorite pokemon.. but once I saw an episode on tv and he was sooo ugly... but still like him
Volbeat + Illumise: these where my first shinies (actually the volbeat is my sister's but she doesn't play the game anymore sow i could have him :p) but we found them the same day but it was pure coincidence.
Spinda: he is always fun to catch spinda's and watch how diffrent they are...
so these are all the stand-alone pokemon that I like but my favorite still is smeargle :p the total package is just wright with smeargle :p
fav manga/episode: srr don't have one I don't really watch or read that

Pearl's Perap
22nd December 2008, 4:16 PM
ok

fav manga/episode: srr don't have one I don't really watch or read that

Alright then, you're in, how about getting to know the other members by talking about the topics? :]

I've always found Smeargle hilarious, I've loved it in every episode/pikachu short I've seen it in.

pokemon-expert-chris
22nd December 2008, 4:34 PM
ok

but I also have alot stand-alone pokmon that I like:
Spinda: he is always fun to catch spinda's and watch how diffrent they are...

Welcome to the club noobiess!
I also think smeargle is a great pokemon and is very unique. And I also have to agree with you on the spinda thing, I love it how they are all different from each other!

Aura Master
22nd December 2008, 4:47 PM
me join

Name you want to go by: Aura
Favourite standalone pokémon: Skarmory,Absol,Minuin(the other form of plusle)Hera,Latias,Shuckle,
Reason why: They all are great to battle with and they look ausome

Pearl's Perap
22nd December 2008, 4:53 PM
me join

Name you want to go by: Aura
Favourite standalone pokémon: Skarmory,Absol,Minuin(the other form of plusle)Hera,Latias,Shuckle,
Reason why: They all are great to battle with and they look ausome

You're in, you like quite a few standalones I see, they are the best, though ;D

Skarmory is probably my favorite out of your list though since I've always favoured flying types over any others.

pokemon-expert-chris
22nd December 2008, 5:11 PM
Welcome to the club Aura Master!
I guess my favorite out of your list is probably Absol because of its awesome design, and because I like dark pokemon a lot.

Sapphire Phoenix
23rd December 2008, 2:06 AM
My favorite out of Aura Master's list is probably a tie between Skarmory and Absol. I love Skarmory's unique duo type combo, and its design. But I also like Absol for its design and the information about it...That probably didn't make sense x.x

zomg so many topics lol

Card (http://pokebeach.com/scans/ex-dragon-frontiers/23-tropius-d.jpg): I like Tropius' pose in this one.

Gee, I don't know. Either Skarmory for its attacks, Sableye for its no weakness advantage, or Aerodactyl for its speed and physical attacks. But what do I know >.<

Aura Master
23rd December 2008, 4:04 AM
Skarm.. http://pokebeach.com/scans/great-encounters/53-skarmory.jpg

skarm...would win.. steel wing could smear areodactly. Sayble could easily be deafeated...

Supergalactic
23rd December 2008, 4:10 AM
You're NOT in D:

NOEEEEEZ D: *dies and is dead from rejection*

I jest, I jest

I'll add you to the list now :]

Oh... I see... *REVIVES*

There's a bigger version on my other comp but this is it. (http://www.domo-sur.com/pokemon/EX16PowerKeepers/EX16_Absol.jpg)

Qwilfish is overdue for one. They never did anything with the poor little guy and I just sort of... forget he exists lol. Other than that maybe dunsparce.

Depends! Is this tournament style or a battle royal? Either way it’s probably aerodactyl or heracross. Skarmory may be a close third.

pokemon-expert-chris
23rd December 2008, 4:18 AM
Skarm.. http://pokebeach.com/scans/great-encounters/53-skarmory.jpg

skarm...would win.. steel wing could smear areodactly. Sayble could easily be deafeated...
I love the pic Aura!
Oh and Sableye will NOT be defeated by ANYONE. Sableye will win!!!

There's a bigger version on my other comp but this is it. (http://www.domo-sur.com/pokemon/EX16PowerKeepers/EX16_Absol.jpg)

Which standalone pok&#233;mon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?
Qwilfish is overdue for one. They never did anything with the poor little guy and I just sort of... forget he exists lol. Other than that maybe dunsparce.

Depends! Is this tournament style or a battle royal? Either way it’s probably aerodactyl or heracross. Skarmory may be a close third.
Wow! That pic looks awesome!
Anyway, I agree with you, quilfish and dunsparce deserve an evo!

Aura Master
23rd December 2008, 4:28 AM
hera will get crushe by a wing attack from aero or a aerial ace from skarm....

Pearl's Perap
23rd December 2008, 1:43 PM
Heracross will get crushed by a Gust attack from Perap *cough*

Don't mess with the cunning little parrots, even if you're a big bug ;]

Handy?
23rd December 2008, 2:03 PM
Which standalone pok&#233;mon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?
Well I hope for a smeargle evolution, with three tails, but I doubt it would happen.

Smeargle. It could use all their moves against them.

Pearl's Perap
23rd December 2008, 2:32 PM
Well I hope for a smeargle evolution, with three tails, but I doubt it would happen.

Smeargle. It could use all their moves against them.

Though it could use their moves against them, it's very limited in terms of how many attacks it can learn, in the games anyway.

As for a Smeargle evolution, I doubt it would happen too, much like Ditto, it's a unique pokémon that's complete without a pre/evo.

ShinyVaati
23rd December 2008, 4:53 PM
Can I join, please?

Name you want to go by: ShinyVaati
Favourite standalone pokémon: Pachirisu
Reason why: I find Pachirisu really cute, and despite what some people think I think it's fairly strong.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Twice Smitten, Once Shy! (Pachirisu's first episode. The antics Dawn has to go through to catch and tame it is just to funny)

Pearl's Perap
23rd December 2008, 4:58 PM
Can I join, please?

Name you want to go by: ShinyVaati
Favourite standalone pokémon: Pachirisu
Reason why: I find Pachirisu really cute, and despite what some people think I think it's fairly strong.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Twice Smitten, Once Shy! (Pachirisu's first episode. The antics Dawn has to go through to catch and tame it is just to funny)

Youuuu're in :]]

I personally don't like Pachirisu one bit (I've never been fond of Pikachu, let alone it's pre/evo or it's clones ;P) but I did enjoy the first episode with it in. I would have preferred it to have gone to Jessie though, don't know why.

ShinyVaati
23rd December 2008, 5:11 PM
Yay! Thanks. :]

I'm a sucker for all the regional rodents to be quite honest. Pachirisu sticks out to me for some reason. (probably because I like squirrels)

Either Spiritomb or Kangaskhan. Spiritomb has no weaknesses, though Sableye also has this, Spiritomb can learn Hypnosis. Which, in my opinon, gives it a nice advantage. From experince Kangaskhan is just a pure powerhouse. It's not the strongest Pokemon you can get, but I always have trouble beating one in a competitive match.

Pearl's Perap
24th December 2008, 11:08 PM
We were nearly on page three then x____x

Since we haven't got any new topics, I'm just gonna use this post to wish people an early Merry Christmas!

And on the topic of Christmas, a Christmas topic! What are you guys getting for Christmas this year?

So far I've opened two cards and two presents and recieved &#163;35, Tomb Raider Underworld for the Wii and a DVD boxset of the first three seasons of The L Word <33

pokemon-expert-chris
24th December 2008, 11:29 PM
Well, this is going to be one of my last posts here before I go on vacation to Orlando...
What are you guys getting for Christmas this year?
I am getting a wii!

Sapphire Phoenix
25th December 2008, 12:13 AM
Well, I hope I'm getting Animal Crossing for the Wii, as well as Okami and some DS pokemon games. Hopefully I'm also getting some manga, DVD's, books, and some other stuff. Oh, and an Ipod Nano!

ShinyVaati
25th December 2008, 2:46 AM
Let's see:
From Parents: Sonic Unleashed, A Zelda Backpack, Zelda OoT Manga Vol. 2, Hollow Fields Vol.2, Zelda Shirt, Mamma Mia! 2 Disk DVD (not really a gift for Christmas cause I opened it a week ago), and 3 gifts I have no clue on.
From Relatives: So Far $200 and growing.
From myself(^-^): An iTunes card, Jirachi: Wish Maker DVD, ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits.

Mr. Yoshi
25th December 2008, 6:33 AM
well, i got a new bag. xD uhm, a gift card, a few shirts, a tech deck, and other stuff.

Merry Christmas to all of you guys (:!

Also, I was wondering if the legendary Pok&#233;mon should be included in the Standalone list? Aside from Manaphy and Phione, though. I mean, they don't have evolutions / pre-volutions either, right? >:

Pearl's Perap
27th December 2008, 9:48 AM
[B]Also, I was wondering if the legendary Pokémon should be included in the Standalone list? Aside from Manaphy and Phione, though. I mean, they don't have evolutions / pre-volutions either, right? >:

Well, legendary pokémon already seem to have clubs dedicated to 'em, this is the club for those lonely standalones that people seem to forget ;__;

I got Animal Crossing: City Folk, season 4 of The L Word, a Regigigas tin and more money on top of what I said in my previous post

Hope everybody had a good holiday ^___^

Pearl's Perap
29th December 2008, 4:10 PM
*does a naughty double post*

http://forums.upnetwork.net/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=14

Don't f*ck with da Peraps!

TurtwigFan1
29th December 2008, 4:49 PM
Hi, I'd like to join please!

Name you want to go by: TurtwigFan1
Favourite standalone pokémon: Rotom
Reason why: It's cute, strong and can become part of the furniture. How cool is that?
Favourite episode featuring this Pokémon: Obviously DP104 'Yokan and Rotom', as it's the only episode featuring Rotom and the best. We get to see all of the formes and we see it's mischievous nature.

Which standalone Pokémon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?

I think both Pachirisu and Mawile. Pachirisu will hopefully receive an evolution and Mawile a pre-evolution.

Out of all the standalone Pokémon, who do you think would win a fight between all of them?

Rotom, it can discharge 'em all and attack it with fridges, lawnmowers, toaster ovens and other household appliances!

Pearl's Perap
29th December 2008, 5:08 PM
Hi, I'd like to join please!

Name you want to go by: TurtwigFan1
Favourite standalone pokémon: Rotom
Reason why: It's cute, strong and can become part of the furniture. How cool is that?
Favourite episode featuring this Pokémon: Obviously DP104 'Yokan and Rotom', as it's the only episode featuring Rotom and the best. We get to see all of the formes and we see it's mischievous nature.

Which standalone Pokémon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?

I think both Pachirisu and Mawile. Pachirisu will hopefully receive an evolution and Mawile a pre-evolution.

Out of all the standalone Pokémon, who do you think would win a fight between all of them?

Rotom, it can discharge 'em all and attack it with fridges, lawnmowers, toaster ovens and other household appliances!

You're in, I too think Rotom is amazing, what with all it's various formes and the fact, well, it's really cute. I loved that episode, simply because it was actually a GOOD filler, with plenty of comic relief.

;D

TurtwigFan1
29th December 2008, 5:43 PM
Exactly! People underestimate standalone Pok&#233;mon, but they're great! I was debating whether to pick Rotom, Pachirisu or Mawile, as they're all favourites of mine. But they're all strong in their own way and the concept of this club was great! Long live standalones!

Pearl's Perap
31st December 2008, 6:26 PM
Exactly! People underestimate standalone Pok&#233;mon, but they're great! I was debating whether to pick Rotom, Pachirisu or Mawile, as they're all favourites of mine. But they're all strong in their own way and the concept of this club was great! Long live standalones!

Standalones are great indeed, without this club, standalone pok&#233;mon (not including legendaries) would have no club due to only being able to make clubs for evolutionary lines, types of pok&#233;mon, etc

Okay, I think we're in need of a new topic again, this time I'll let members decide on what this topic could be :]]

Pearl's Perap
1st January 2009, 12:49 PM
*naughty double post*

Happy New Year, my standalone loving companions ;D

The club seems to be dying a bit, I think we need some n00 memberz

Sapphire Phoenix
1st January 2009, 8:29 PM
Happy New Year!!! I shall help the dying club!1!

New Topic: Do you have any Level 100 Standalone Pokemon?
Yep! I have two different Absol's at a lv. 100. Also a Skarmory, Aerodactyl, and a Lapras. I also have a high leveled Safari caught Tauros...

Pearl's Perap
2nd January 2009, 3:56 AM
You're a good person ;D

Do you have any Level 100 Standalone Pokemon?
I don't have any level 100 standalones, sadly but I'm working on getting myself another shiny Perap and as I hatch egg after egg, the mother will probably end up getting to lvl 100 x_x

Really I'm breeding 'em for the Mew on Ranch, another shiny one is something I'm hoping will come along as I do so...

ShinyVaati
2nd January 2009, 4:32 AM
Maybe someone could make a banner. It might attract people to the club.

Nope, but because of how much time my Ditto stays in the Daycare, it'll probably get there sooner or later. I think it's pushing past Lv.70 now.

Pearl's Perap
2nd January 2009, 5:44 AM
Maybe someone could make a banner. It might attract people to the club.

I would love for someone to make a banner, I would make one but I would end up buggering it up. I don't like to make something if I know I wont be completely content with it x__x

Nope, but because of how much time my Ditto stays in the Daycare, it'll probably get there sooner or later. I think it's pushing past Lv.70 now.

My Ditto is exactly the same. It has no purpose but to be my pimped out by me D:

EDIT: Woo, page two ;]

Handy?
2nd January 2009, 10:40 AM
My Ditto is exactly the same too...Except mine is level 97, hasn't left the daycare since level 3. Wow, I think I might have to pay a bit of money >_>.

Pearl's Perap
2nd January 2009, 3:34 PM
You'll be paying through the bloody nose for that little beggar if you ever choose to get it out!

That's like, 94,000 isn't it? o__o

pokemon-expert-chris
2nd January 2009, 8:26 PM
I have 2. My level 100 ditto that has been on the daycare since level 5 (I dont think I will ever take it out of there).
And a shiny sableye that I caught in my Emerald and then trained it to level 100.

Sapphire Phoenix
3rd January 2009, 1:02 AM
I would love for someone to make a banner, I would make one but I would end up buggering it up. I don't like to make something if I know I wont be completely content with it x__x
I could make a banner!

I have a Ditto like that too. I have two different Ditto's in the 50's, and one in the 70's I think. Caught them from that Tunnel in Emerald.

Pearl's Perap
3rd January 2009, 1:52 PM
I could make a banner!

Please feel free to do so, I'll be very thankful ;D

I wanna raise one of my Peraps to level 100 now, I think I'm gonna wait and see if I hatch a second shiny one though before I begin raising one, since I'd much rather have a level 100 shiny Perap than a regular :3

TurtwigFan1
3rd January 2009, 2:03 PM

My Ditto in the daycare. I put it in at about Level 18, so if I ever wanted to take it out it would cost a lot!

Pearl's Perap
4th January 2009, 4:47 PM
It seems like everyone has a beasty Ditto, it's great how no-one has any use for it bar to pimp it out to various other pok&#233;mon D:

I might try and do us a banner later, if I get chance, it will probably suck though

Sapphire Phoenix
6th January 2009, 2:49 AM
Sorry for the delay, but I've made that banner. I didn't know how big you wanted it, so I went with the size of a banner I made for another club:

[*IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/StandalonepokemonclubbannerBETTER.png[/IMG]

Yeah... Simple, but I like it ^^ But if you want any sort of change, just say :D

InfamousMrJ
6th January 2009, 3:18 AM
I would like to join, please. ^^'

Name you want to go by: InfamousMrJ (Bah, J works just as well X3)
Favourite standalone pok&#233;mon: Torkoal
Reason why: I’m a huge fan of turtles, and a pyromaniac at heart XD So, two of my favorites things together? Win! =D Also, I can’t help but laugh every time I look at it, and making me laugh wins me over every time.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pok&#233;mon: All Torkoal, No Play. I always loved seeing Torkoal, but that episode is really more about nostalgia.

Aura Master
6th January 2009, 3:29 AM
Oh man i forgot to put tokoal om my list lol yah he rules....if pearl lets you in...

WELCOME BROTHER lol

Sapphire...can i use your banner?

Mr. Yoshi
6th January 2009, 10:31 AM
i totally died in this club |:

Do you have any Level 100 Standalone Pokemon
well, as i stated in my first post (i think XD), i don't play the games anymore. but if i remember correctly, i had a level 100 zangoose on my leafgreen (traded from my cousin). but then my file got deleted |: so no more level 100. how unfortunate >>;

And nice banner, Sapphire Phoenix! I might make a banner, too. Might. Later on.

Pearl's Perap
6th January 2009, 3:19 PM
The banner is great, I'm gonna put it in the first post now, I would have it in my own sig but I like having a small sig :3

Oh, and a small note, I believe IF you are going to use it, you will have to split the banner into two images, just a heads up, guys

I would like to join, please. ^^'

Name you want to go by: InfamousMrJ (Bah, J works just as well X3)
Favourite standalone pok&#233;mon: Torkoal
Reason why: I’m a huge fan of turtles, and a pyromaniac at heart XD So, two of my favorites things together? Win! =D Also, I can’t help but laugh every time I look at it, and making me laugh wins me over every time.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pok&#233;mon: All Torkoal, No Play. I always loved seeing Torkoal, but that episode is really more about nostalgia.

You'rrrrrre in, I've never been that much for Torkoal, but they are quite cute ;D

InfamousMrJ
6th January 2009, 8:32 PM
Oh man i forgot to put tokoal om my list lol yah he rules....if pearl lets you in...

WELCOME BROTHER lol

lol Thanks for that warm and grand welcome, Aura Master. =3

Do you have any Level 100 Standalone Pokemon
As if this comes as a surprise, Torkoal, the first one I ever caught. Ah, that thing is awesome.
My Spinda is pretty close, being level 98. I should do the honorable thing and raise it to level 100.

And Pearl's Perap, you should show the Torkoal some more love. X3 Ever use one? “Theyyyyyyy’reeeeee GREAT!” So says Tony the Tiger.

Pearl's Perap
6th January 2009, 9:02 PM
Heh, I can't say I've ever used one either. I'm quite intrigued by these POSSIBLE anim&#233; spoilers about Ash's making a return and getting a fifth generation evolution. I just think it's odd how it would be happening in such a random place in the storyline, of all the pok&#233;mon to bring back, why Torkoal?

No offence, but he has much cooler pogies ;P

ShinyVaati
6th January 2009, 9:22 PM
That's a beautiful banner, Sapphire Phoenix!

Oh, and a small note, I believe IF you are going to use it, you will have to split the banner into two images, just a heads up, guys

Actually if you don't you want to split it, you can just shrink it by putting 200 in the IMG code.
Like this: image code [/img 200]
Remove the space between the IMG and the 200.
That's what I did to it.

Heh, I can't say I've ever used one either. I'm quite intrigued by these POSSIBLE animé spoilers about Ash's making a return and getting a fifth generation evolution. I just think it's odd how it would be happening in such a random place in the storyline, of all the pokémon to bring back, why Torkoal?

[I]If it's true, it might be for the battle with Candice battle. It wouldn't be the first Ash called back a Pokemon for a battle would it? That's just my opinon though. :/

Pearl's Perap
6th January 2009, 9:38 PM
Actually if you don't you want to split it, you can just shrink it by putting 200 in the IMG code.
Like this: image code [/img 200]
Remove the space between the IMG and the 200.
That's what I did to it.

Ohh, I didn't even know you could do that *facepalm*

[I]If it's true, it might be for the battle with Candice battle. It wouldn't be the first Ash called back a Pokemon for a battle would it? That's just my opinon though. :/

I really can't remember if he's recalled a pokémon for a gym battle before, didn't he bring back Charizard for the fight against Clair in Johto? I can't fully remember, I just know that he made a return whilst Clair was in it for a few episodes x__x

InfamousMrJ
6th January 2009, 9:48 PM
Heh, I can't say I've ever used one either. I'm quite intrigued by these POSSIBLE animé spoilers about Ash's making a return and getting a fifth generation evolution. I just think it's odd how it would be happening in such a random place in the storyline, of all the pokémon to bring back, why Torkoal?

Ah! Get out there and use a Torkoal! Life will be that much greater if you do.

Ah, yes, the rumor. I would love to see Torkoal come back, though, I don't think Torkoal had much use in Gym Battles, though he did a lot of smaller ones, so it would be odd to see it come back now. As for an evolution, dear God, I'd be the happiest man alive if that happens, but if it does, Torkoal will no longer be a standalone poke. And yes, as much as I love Torkoal, there are better choices, and it would have to replace one on the team, and that would be a shame, as I think the team is a decent combination.
;324;

ShinyVaati
6th January 2009, 9:49 PM
I really can't remember if he's recalled a pokémon for a gym battle before, didn't he bring back Charizard for the fight against Clair in Johto? I can't fully remember, I just know that he made a return whilst Clair was in it for a few episodes x__x

hmm let's see, Yeah it was Charizard that time. ;] It was: Charizard vs. Dragonair.

Though there's a chance this all fake. Plus even if it is for a battle, chances are it'll get sent back right away. It'd be wasted.

Pearl's Perap
6th January 2009, 10:05 PM
If Torkoal does indeed get an evolution, you would have no purpose being here and i'd kick you out ;D

Jokes, of course

I think it would be nice, but really strange, for it to come back under such circumstances. I've seen people complaining that he's already got a fire pokémon, yet they fail to see he has two flying types (and two very cool ones at that ;D)

InfamousMrJ
6th January 2009, 10:25 PM
You can't get rid of me! I supply you with insulin! >=O That, and I'm like a fungus! I'll keep coming back.

All the same, if he were to have two fire types, then what would Torkoal replace?
Also, when, if Grotle evolves, then he would have two Ground types. So, this really would be making his team a bit redundant. =\

ShinyVaati
6th January 2009, 10:27 PM
Didn't he have two grass types in Johto? It's not like having two of the same type would be anything new. :/

Still if Torkoal does get an evo. I think it should be saved for the filler arc when, chance are, it'll stick around since Ash will probably change his team then. Especially if they do Sinnoh's Battle Frontier, and they probably will.

InfamousMrJ
6th January 2009, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I know, and I've got nothing against what he uses, but if Torkoal came, and Chim's line stayed, plus Gliscor and Grotle, would be two sets of the same type. I'm not sure if he's used that many of the same kind before. Still, it really doesn't matter.

And, yes, Torkoal's "evo" would be better suited for the filler arc.

Pearl's Perap
6th January 2009, 10:45 PM
Exactly, he's had two of one type a number of times, I don't get why people can't understand that Torkoal returning would mean Monferno getting shafted, oddballs.

I want Perap to get some more appearances, I know it had an episode in the BF saga but granted, that episode was quite crap. Even just seeing it in a flock at the beginning of an episode would be nice (like the first Sinnoh ep) ;_;

Sapphire Phoenix
7th January 2009, 3:02 AM
Sapphire...can i use your banner?
Yep! Just give credit ;D

i And nice banner, Sapphire Phoenix! I might make a banner, too. Might. Later on.

The banner is great, I'm gonna put it in the first post now, I would have it in my own sig but I like having a small sig :3

That's a beautiful banner, Sapphire Phoenix!

Awww, thanks everyone! You know, I can just make another version of it that's at a legal size...

EDIT: Legit size-

[*IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/Thenewbanner.png[/IMG]

I've heard that Monferno's going to be an Infernape in the 12th movie... Er, they really need to have more appearances the 4th gen standalone pokemon altogether. They need some love too ;_;

InfamousMrJ
7th January 2009, 3:28 AM
I've heard that Monferno's going to be an Infernape in the 12th movie... Er, they really need to have more appearances the 4th gen standalone pokemon altogether. They need some love too ;_;

Well, sadly, there aren't as many 4th gen standalone pokes as in past gens, and that's a sad thing. I wish there had been a few more. Am I alone on this? >_> Anyway, we do see a decent amount of two of the, what, like, five standalones? There's only so much love they can get. Poor guys. =(

Sapphire Phoenix
7th January 2009, 3:52 AM
Well, sadly, there aren't as many 4th gen standalone pokes as in past gens, and that's a sad thing. I wish there had been a few more. Am I alone on this? >_> Anyway, we do see a decent amount of two of the, what, like, five standalones? There's only so much love they can get. Poor guys. =(
Meh, you have a point. Carnivine is used in every episode, but it's Team Rocket. Pach is in there too, but apparently there's an overused Piplup in there that takes the spotlight from the electric pokemon... and Rotom got 5 new forms, so that's all the love it'll probably ever get. We just need some major love for Perap and Spiritomb :D

InfamousMrJ
7th January 2009, 4:01 AM
Meh, you have a point. Carnivine is used in every episode, but it's Team Rocket. Pach is in there too, but apparently there's an overused Piplup in there that takes the spotlight from the electric pokemon... and Rotom got 5 new forms, so that's all the love it'll probably ever get. We just need some major love for Perap and Spiritomb :D

True, true. But how much more can we get out of the two of them? I just don't see it, you know? Unfair. There just has been no love for 4th gen standalones. Come 5th gen, it better be all standalones. XD I mean, they have to make up for the lack of this go around.

Pearl's Perap
7th January 2009, 3:36 PM
[*IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/Necromancer_Sapphire/Thenewbanner.png[/IMG]

I'll pop the new banner up in the first post once I've posted this. According to a leaflet about movie stickers, there is a sticker of a Monferno and a sticker of a Staraptor, both could be (and probably WILL be) Ash's pokémon that have evolved.

There's also Heatran, I hope it ends up being in the movie, as long as it gets more than what 'gigas got. As epic as it was, it was in movie eleven for such a short amount of time...

Woo for Perap and Spiritomb. I watched 'The Keystone Pops' yesterday, at least Spiritomb has a GOOD showcasing episode :]

True, true. But how much more can we get out of the two of them? I just don't see it, you know? Unfair. There just has been no love for 4th gen standalones. Come 5th gen, it better be all standalones. XD I mean, they have to make up for the lack of this go around.

I'm hoping that the fifth generation brings us some more standalones, but I've got a feeling it's gonna be similar to the fourth generation with it's endless evolutions and pre-evolutions of older pokémon X__X

Rommath
7th January 2009, 3:53 PM
Can I join?

Name you want to go by: Dooplissotto (or Dupe)
Favourite standalone pok&#233;mon (name and national dex number): Seviper
Reason why: Because it Jessie's snake Pokemon since early Hoenn and although the poor snake gets pummeled all the time I still like its personality and demeanor. I missed Arbok when she had to release it but since then I've really liked the snake.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pok&#233;mon: Tail with a Twist. It was Seviper's first episode and it was hilarious to see the Seviper vs. Jessie 'battle'. I was surprised by how quickly her hair grew back O_o

Pearl's Perap
7th January 2009, 5:47 PM
Can I join?

Name you want to go by: Dooplissotto (or Dupe)
Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number): Seviper
Reason why: Because it Jessie's snake Pokemon since early Hoenn and although the poor snake gets pummeled all the time I still like its personality and demeanor. I missed Arbok when she had to release it but since then I've really liked the snake.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Tail with a Twist. It was Seviper's first episode and it was hilarious to see the Seviper vs. Jessie 'battle'. I was surprised by how quickly her hair grew back O_o

You're in. Seviper is really cool and, as much as I love Arbok, it was definitely a great replacement for it :D

We need another new topic, I think, since there isn't all that much going on.

InfamousMrJ
7th January 2009, 8:37 PM
I'm hoping that the fifth generation brings us some more standalones, but I've got a feeling it's gonna be similar to the fourth generation with it's endless evolutions and pre-evolutions of older pokémon X__X

Ah, yeah, as sad as it is, that's more than likely going to be the case. Not that I'm against evos and pre-evos, but still, standalone's always seem to get shafted. =(

A new topic, hm? Eh...how about which Poke should have stayed a standalone and why? I mean, you know, I think Snorlax, Jynx, Mr. Mime, and others could have stayed as standalones. If this topic doesn't fly, then, well, I'm out of ideas. X3

Pearl's Perap
7th January 2009, 8:49 PM
That's spooky, I was thinking of the exact same topic earlier on, so yeah, it's a good topic

I preferred Jynx as a standalone too, but I liked all the fourth generation babies, apart from Chingling. Chimecho is a pokémon that should have remained a standalone D:

InfamousMrJ
7th January 2009, 9:04 PM
Mwahahaha! I'm in your head, stealing your thoughts. >=)

To be honest, I like Chingling but only because it's kind of..cute. Still, Chimecho, indeed, should have remained a standalone.
Also, I love Mime Jr. I do, but Mr. Mime still would have been ok staying as a standalone. And, as said in my last post, Snorlax. I have no like for Munchlax, though, as it has been said before, it would make more sense for munchlax coming out of an egg rather than a Snorlax, but that's the only thing I see going for it, logic.
Also, as much as I do like evos, I'm afraid of what standalones will end up with one. Spinda, for one, does not need one at all, but watch them give it one, too. =\

Pearl's Perap
7th January 2009, 9:44 PM
Also, as much as I do like evos, I'm afraid of what standalones will end up with one. Spinda, for one, does not need one at all, but watch them give it one, too. =\

I completely agree with that. Perap doesn't need one either, it's a novelty pokémon, much like Spinda and several others which I can't think of off the top of my head x__x

pokemon-expert-chris
7th January 2009, 11:47 PM
I really hope they don't, He doesn't need one. I mean, how would its evolution possibly look like anyways?

Which Poke should have stayed a standalone and why?

Chimecho is the only one I can think of right now...

InfamousMrJ
8th January 2009, 12:04 AM
I really hope they don't, He doesn't need one. I mean, how would its evolution possibly look like anyways?

Chimecho is the only one I can think of right now...

I can only assume it would be some larger, fatter, goofy panda. Like, a conffused Slaking-esque panda. Oh, the horrors, the horrors.

ShinyVaati
8th January 2009, 1:51 AM

None, actually. I like all the evolutions/pre-evolutions of the once were Standalones. It'd be easier to say which ones I don't want to evolve or get pre-evolutions. Though I kinda wish Wobbuffet stayed a Standalone. Seriously, what was the point of Wynaut? I think it's cute but still, pointless.

I would want Absol to stay untouched. An evolution would ruin it... Same with Chatot.

Sapphire Phoenix
8th January 2009, 2:16 AM
As sad as it is, I agree with you. Only 10% of the Pokemon Species will be ones who don't evolve, and that includes all those legendary pokemon... hopefully they'll go a different way and make a lot more standalone Pokemon...

Mr. Mime, Snorlax or Wobbuffet. I don't really like Mime Jr. and Wynunt, and Munchlax is a pain to get (without that held item for Snorlax). Plus it's Platinum sprite scares me...

Pearl's Perap
8th January 2009, 11:36 AM
I can only assume it would be some larger, fatter, goofy panda. Like, a conffused Slaking-esque panda. Oh, the horrors, the horrors.

I have the scaaaaaariest images. It really would be quite the freakish pokémon ;P

and Munchlax is a pain to get (without that held item for Snorlax). Plus it's Platinum sprite scares me...

http://www.serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/446-m.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/446-m.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/446-m.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/446-m.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/446-m.png

Rommath
8th January 2009, 2:50 PM
Pokemon like Spinda, Absol and Chatot should stay standalones as evos and pre-evos for them would ruin their novelty, I believe. It seems, at the rate Game Freak are going with all the evos/pre-evos (D/P/Pt are great examples) that standalones might sadly vanish. I hope not. With any luck they will make more standalones.

Chimecho and Wobbuffet. I liked Chimecho by itself and as James's Pokemon in the anime and thought it didn't really need a pre-evo. Also, Wynaut seems a bit pointless to me, as it is basically a weaker version of Wobbuffet with a few different moves. I'm okay with the other ones.

Pearl's Perap
8th January 2009, 3:20 PM
The one good thing about Wynaut in my eyes is that it's cute. I remember when it was first showcased in the animé near Blackthorn, I thought it was really adorable.

I'm hoping that Pachirisu gets an evo/pre-evo in the fifth generation, mainly because I dislike it, unlike the rest of the standalones. I just find it another pikaclone, to be honest, and with my dislike for the Pika line already, it just makes me like it even less...

Rommath
8th January 2009, 4:14 PM
The one good thing about Wynaut in my eyes is that it's cute. I remember when it was first showcased in the animé near Blackthorn, I thought it was really adorable.

I'm hoping that Pachirisu gets an evo/pre-evo in the fifth generation, mainly because I dislike it, unlike the rest of the standalones. I just find it another pikaclone, to be honest, and with my dislike for the Pika line already, it just makes me like it even less...

I agree with Wynaut being cute, much better looking then it's evolution, in my opinion. An evolution for Pachirisu would be nice, it did seem too similar to Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu. Plusle and Minun are two standalones I really find adorable, but they also seem a bit too much like Pikachu. Though not as similar as Pachirisu. Is that just me who thinks that?

Anyway, what about a Flying/Electric evo for Pachirisu? Or maybe that should just be reserved for Zapdos.

Pearl's Perap
8th January 2009, 6:20 PM
Anyway, what about a Flying/Electric evo for Pachirisu? Or maybe that should just be reserved for Zapdos.

Totally! A flying electric squirrel would be an excellent idea. I know it's animé only, but Pachirisu seems to like being airborn, it would be nice to see it actually gain the ability to fly, or glide at the very least, since flying squirrels don't actually fly.

Okay, this has made me think of a new topic.

If you could give any standalone an evolution in the next generation/s who would it be? Add some description too, if you want

Apart from Pachirisu, I guess the one I've mentioned before, a joint pre-evo for Miltank and Tauros in the form of some sort of adorable little calf, exactly the same design but male ones have more Tauros colouration, females have more Miltank. I've just thought this up on the spot but I actually really like the idea...

EDIT: I posted this three times in a row, SPPf can suck a d*ck

InfamousMrJ
8th January 2009, 7:03 PM
I have the scaaaaaariest images. It really would be quite the freakish pok&#233;mon ;P

lol Well, as scary as the images you have may be, you know it would be great to see them. XD
Maybe... >_>

Well, look, can you blame SP? I mean, look at it! It has those stoned stalker eyes. You know it's thinking, "I want your bod." At the very least, anyway.

If you could give any standalone an evolution in the next generation/s who would it be? Add some description too, if you want
Well, to be honest, there aren't too many I would want to see and evo for, outside of Farfetch'd. As for what, I really don't know, but it has gone so long with no form of help, that it may as well not even exist.

pokemon-expert-chris
8th January 2009, 10:29 PM
A flying pachirisu would be nice.
Apart from that one Kanghaskan... And maybe the pre-evo and opposite of Absol idea (although Absol is perfectly fine as it is now)

Sapphire Phoenix
9th January 2009, 2:27 AM
http://www.serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/446-m.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/446-m.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/446-m.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/446-m.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/platinum/pokemon/446-m.png
QUIT STARING!!!! *shivers*

I'd like to see Pachy evolve into a flying squirrel and give Zapdos a run for his money (or maybe not...)

Other than that, I'd like to see either Tropius or Torkoal. Tropius' evo would have wings in the shape off broad-shaped leaves, and maybe have a whole bunch of bannanas on his neck. It'd also would be more brown, and maybe throw in some yellow. Torkoal... IDK, maybe it'd have a volcano on it's back (not like Camerupt's humps), and it'd look more... grown up? ^^;

I'd like to see Absol get an evo, but I'd also like to see it stay as a standalone...

ShinyVaati
9th January 2009, 2:37 AM

Munchlax's Platinum Sprite is cute! ^-^

I think a Corsola evolution would be cool. I have no idea of what it could look like but it'd be nice.
Like other people have said, a Flying Squirrel Evolution for Pachirisu would be awesome, Pachirisu needs more attention in battles. Of course they would have to make strong enough.

I'd like to see Pachy evolve into a flying squirrel and give Zapdos a run for his money
Epic Showdown.

Rommath
9th January 2009, 7:51 AM
Zapdos vs. Pachirisu evolution? Great! Of course, Pachirisu will probably need an good stat boost during evolution to catch up to Zapdos.

An evolution for Torkoal would be nice. There's was a big thread about a Torkoal evolution in the anime section, but I think it's closed now. I think Fire/Steel would be okay, or Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground.

Perhaps Corsola can be a bigger coral formation, and maybe have some sort of new fish attached to it? Perhaps work in the same way Mantyke did this gen, needing Remoraid in the party when it levels up to evolve? Or maybe some shell designs on its body?

A calf for Tauros/Miltank would be good, as well.

Pearl's Perap
9th January 2009, 4:32 PM
Perhaps Corsola can be a bigger coral formation, and maybe have some sort of new fish attached to it? Perhaps work in the same way Mantyke did this gen, needing Remoraid in the party when it levels up to evolve? Or maybe some shell designs on its body?

I think that idea sounds really good, it would look so cool. Until ShinyVaati mentioned Corsola, I had totally forgotten about the pokémon, let alone it being a standalone x__x

ShinyVaati
10th January 2009, 1:40 AM
I think that idea sounds really good, it would look so cool. Until ShinyVaati mentioned Corsola, I had totally forgotten about the pokémon, let alone it being a standalone x__x

Which is why an evolution would be good for giving it more attention. (maybe)

An evolution for Torkoal would be nice. There's was a big thread about a Torkoal evolution in the anime section, but I think it's closed now. I think Fire/Steel would be okay, or Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground.

It turned out to be a prank by someone at Bulbagarden. >_>

A calf for Tauros/Miltank would be good, as well.

That would be interesting. Perhaps they could come up with some unique breeding technique in order to get them as Tauros and Miltank are only Male and Female, respectively. Other than through the use of a Ditto that is.

Pearl's Perap
10th January 2009, 1:48 AM
Which is why an evolution would be good for giving it more attention. (maybe)

Exactly, since it isn't even a boring pokémon in the first place, I quite like it's design and what not...

It turned out to be a prank by someone at Bulbagarden. >_>

There is some right bastards around these days, though, I'm quite glad, it sounded very strange. Gutting though, since the Mesprit titles sounded fun ;_;

That would be interesting. Perhaps they could come up with some unique breeding technique in order to get them as Tauros and Miltank are only Male and Female, respectively. Other than through the use of a Ditto that is.

You've just said it right there, Tauros are male, Miltank are female, breed the two together to get the calf pokémon. Maybe an item attached for good measure, since they seem to love doing that nowadays...

InfamousMrJ
10th January 2009, 5:45 AM
You know, I'm kind of sad Torkoal's evo turned out to be a fake. Though, you never know what the future holds, so there's still some hope.
Ah, torn between Torkoal staying a standalone or having an evo. Woe is me. X3

Rommath
10th January 2009, 1:03 PM
It did seem a bit suspicious, a lot of people thought it was real though. Shame, though, a Torkoal evolution appearing would have been nice.

The breeding idea sounds good for Tauros/Milkank pre-evo, as well.

Pearl's Perap
10th January 2009, 1:39 PM
I'm not too bothered whether Torkoal stays in the folds of standalone or gets an evolution in the next generation/s, I don't really like the pok&#233;mon as it is.

Sapphire Phoenix
11th January 2009, 1:51 AM
I'd like to see Torkoal get an evolution. But I won't cry if it didn't.

I also like that Tauros/Miltank idea. Based on it's gender it'd evolve into either Tauros (if it was male) or Miltank (if it was female). Man, I was late about that XD

Rommath
11th January 2009, 3:35 AM
I suppose Torkoal's okay with or without an evolution, depending on what people train it for. It's a shame about Luvdisc, that could use an evolution to boost low stats, but what could it evolve into? Only thing I can think of is some sort of conjoined or bigger heart.

IcyDragon0605
11th January 2009, 4:50 AM
It's a shame about Luvdisc, that could use an evolution to boost low stats, but what could it evolve into? Only thing I can think of is some sort of conjoined or bigger heart.

I was thinking a detailed spade, or any of the other card symbols. What are they again, clover, spade, heart, diamond?

On the subject of Toarkal, I would love to see a evo.

YodaSlocker
11th January 2009, 4:57 AM
Hi, Id like to join the club.
Form
Name: Yodaslocker
Favourite standalone Pokemon: Absol
Reason: Its dark and mysterious
Favourite anime episode: Absol-ute Disaster
Manga chapters: Dont follow manga

Hope I get accepted into such a cool club!
I will visit regularly and post often.

InfamousMrJ
11th January 2009, 5:56 AM
I'm not too bothered whether Torkoal stays in the folds of standalone or gets an evolution in the next generation/s, I don't really like the pokémon as it is.

Por que?!?! Where is the love for Torkoal, man? Where?!?! ;_;
Still, I'm about like the rest of you all. I've gone this long with Torkoal as it is, I'm fine with it. I'll always have some love for the little flaming turtle. ^^

Mr. Yoshi
11th January 2009, 8:20 AM
If you could give any standalone an evolution in the next generation/s who would it be? Add some description too, if you want.
i actually think most standalones don't need evolutions. i guess 'cause it makes them unique. but i guess pinsir and pachirisu would be fine with an evolution. i wouldn't really complain if they had one.

sudowoodo. because i used to think that sudowoodo was a really cool pok&#233;mon, since you could only, like, get it once (unless you breed, of course) in silver and gold. but then, in diamond and pearl, you can get bonsly just anywhere. so it doesn't make sudowoodo special anymore ):

about the torkoal evolution, i honestly didn't think it was real, since, uh. i don't know, no one really likes torkoal. so it'd be weird to show a torkoal evolution as a 'revealing' pok&#233;mon for the fifth generation. but if there was a torkoal evolution, i guess i'll be fine with it.

Pearl's Perap
11th January 2009, 1:00 PM
Hi, Id like to join the club.
Form
Name: Yodaslocker
Favourite standalone Pokemon: Absol
Reason: Its dark and mysterious
Favourite anime episode: Absol-ute Disaster
Manga chapters: Dont follow manga

Hope I get accepted into such a cool club!
I will visit regularly and post often.

You're in :]

sudowoodo. because i used to think that sudowoodo was a really cool pokémon, since you could only, like, get it once (unless you breed, of course) in silver and gold. but then, in diamond and pearl, you can get bonsly just anywhere. so it doesn't make sudowoodo special anymore ):

As much as I love Bonsly, I can totally relate with this. Sudowoodo used to be a 'special' pokémon before they brought the baby form in and made it appear, well, everywhere o_o

Rommath
11th January 2009, 1:09 PM
I second the comment about Sudowoodo. I think they should have made a one-off item for evolving Bonsly. Or, if they absolutely had to have a pre-evo for Sudowoodo, at least make it rare or egg-only. I liked Mime Jr. in the anime, as James's Pokemon, and in the games. But Bonsly, not so much...

Pearl's Perap
11th January 2009, 1:29 PM
Bonsly got irritating in the anim&#233;, despite it being really cute, even I began to get p*ssed off when it cried and what not, it was nice to see it evolve (not nice to see it get shafted though ;___; )

I'm hoping that James' Mime Jr. stays as a Mime Jr., I couldn't imagine him with a Mr. Mine, don't know why o__o

Rommath
11th January 2009, 1:34 PM
Mr. Mime just wouldn't fit James, I believe. I don't know, Mr Mime would just seem weird to me in Team Rocket, especially when they go "blasting off yet again!" I just could not picture a Mr. Mime blasting off, it would look strange.

Pearl's Perap
11th January 2009, 1:45 PM
IF it does evolve, I would like it to evolve a long way from now and end up falling in love with Delia's Mimey (I'm not sure on the genders, shoot me) and staying there to help Delia out. God, that woman wouldn't need to lift the slightest finger if she had TWO Mime slaves!

Rommath
11th January 2009, 2:26 PM
Two slaves are better than one! I don't think Mr. Mime should hang around with Team Rocket. If they introduce a 5 gen 'mascot' like Pokemon for James, perhaps have Mime Jr. evolve a few episodes before-hand. It could even just stay in its Pokeball if Team Rocket goes blasting off. Then perhaps meet Delia's Mr. Mime somehow.

Pearl's Perap
11th January 2009, 2:40 PM
Two slaves are better than one! I don't think Mr. Mime should hang around with Team Rocket. If they introduce a 5 gen 'mascot' like Pokemon for James, perhaps have Mime Jr. evolve a few episodes before-hand. It could even just stay in its Pokeball if Team Rocket goes blasting off. Then perhaps meet Delia's Mr. Mime somehow.

I could imagine Mr. Mime blasting off with the group, just, not if Wobbuffet was still with them too (which he inevitably will be, at least for a while...) since it would be a bit strange.

WE'RE BLASTING OFF AGAAAI-

WOBBBB-

MIIIIME-

I don't know, I just think it wouldn't work o_o Not to mention Team Rocket don't really need two 'big' psychic pok&#233;mon.

Rommath
11th January 2009, 2:54 PM
Yeah, they'll have to get rid of one I believe. Chimecho was okay with it, I think because it wasn't really big or bulky. Whereas Mr. Mime, try as I may, I just can't picture it. I suppose the question now is, which one should go?

I might cut down on my posting now...

Pearl's Perap
11th January 2009, 4:32 PM
Yeah, they'll have to get rid of one I believe. Chimecho was okay with it, I think because it wasn't really big or bulky. Whereas Mr. Mime, try as I may, I just can't picture it. I suppose the question now is, which one should go?

I might cut down on my posting now...

Ohh, don't cut down on your posting, it's good to be having a discussion about something, even though I've only just remembered that it's totally unrelated xD

Who would go? Hmm, I don't even know, Wobbuffet I imagine, but how? He's been a staple team member now for what seems like forever, he's been in for more episodes than Misty, May AND Dawn. I can't imagine Team Rocket without him o__o

Tomato-kun
11th January 2009, 8:21 PM
Can I join?

Name you want to go by: Master Tomato!....Lol,joking. I don't know,call me anything :)

Favourite stand-alone pokémon (name and national dex number): Ditto,# 132.

Reason why: It's squishy and cute...>> Actually,I like under appreciated Pokemon alot,I think Ditto may be the most underappreciated Pokemon out their.

Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon:..Chapter 16,"Tauros the Tyrant"

Brodioh
12th January 2009, 12:09 AM
Name you want to go by:brodioh
Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number):#442 Spiritomb(was lapras untill 4th gen)
Reason why:I think it's cool how it pops out of the little stone to scare people.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon:the keystone pops
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon:don't read manga

Do you have any level 100 standalone pokémon? (Current topic)

no but on firered I had a level 97 lapras and a level 89 ditto

YodaSlocker
12th January 2009, 1:22 AM
Thanks for accepting me.

(Current topic)
Do you have any level 100 standalone pokémon?
No. Im working on it. Starting Diamond today.

Rommath
13th January 2009, 1:19 PM
Serebii's been giving me some trouble lately when posting, I'm not really sure why, though it seems to be working okay at the moment. Anyway, I think Mr. Mime should go, Wobbuffet's been a mascot for a while now and is sort of like Meowth in a way, can't really see him leaving.

Do you have any level 100 standalone pok&#233;mon? (Current topic)

Yes, a Chatot, Sableye, Tropius and Lapras.

Pearl's Perap
13th January 2009, 1:59 PM
Can I join?

Name you want to go by: Master Tomato!....Lol,joking. I don't know,call me anything :)

Favourite stand-alone pokémon (name and national dex number): Ditto,# 132.

Reason why: It's squishy and cute...>> Actually,I like under appreciated Pokemon alot,I think Ditto may be the most underappreciated Pokemon out their.

Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon:..Chapter 16,"Tauros the Tyrant"

Name you want to go by:brodioh
Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number):#442 Spiritomb(was lapras untill 4th gen)
Reason why:I think it's cool how it pops out of the little stone to scare people.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon:the keystone pops
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon:don't read manga

no but on firered I had a level 97 lapras and a level 89 ditto

You two are both in, I'm gonna add you to the first post momentarily...

Serebii's been giving me some trouble lately when posting, I'm not really sure why, though it seems to be working okay at the moment. Anyway, I think Mr. Mime should go, Wobbuffet's been a mascot for a while now and is sort of like Meowth in a way, can't really see him leaving.

Yes, a Chatot, Sableye, Tropius and Lapras.

Yay for you having a level 100 Perap ;D

Rommath
13th January 2009, 3:01 PM
It's nicknamed Chatlord, by the way. The manga sure has good nicknames. Explotaro sure got me through a lot of tough battles in Colosseum, including decimating the levitating clown guy thing. O_o

Anyway, back on topic, Brodioh's post brought something to mind. I wonder if Cynthia will showcase her Spiritomb in her next appearance, and how? Do you think they'll even include it in the anime, after showing what happens when it's released in The Keystone Pops? Wonder if Ash, Dawn and Brock will freak out or not when they see it with her?

I was hoping she would have her Togekiss, but she's already used Gastrodon, so maybe the writers will make Togekiss replace Spiritomb instead, as they might not want her to have one.

Pearl's Perap
13th January 2009, 4:02 PM
Ohh, yeah, like Pearl's in Special. My username over at BMGf used to be Perahiko, which was it's nickname originally.

I would like to see her with her Spiritomb but I have a feeling they wont show it. I dunno, like you said, it was shown as a 'bad' pok&#233;mon, I doubt they would put one in a good role. I'm hoping she has a Togekiss though, so cute <3

Rommath
13th January 2009, 5:36 PM
Apparently Camping It Up has just aired in America, although I'm yet to see Tears For Fears air down here. What's taking them so long, seriously? Looking forward to seeing the Seviper vs. Zangoose battle on TV, I'm glad they didn't drop that rivalry after Hoenn. Aren't they the only stand-alones to have a rivalry like that? Anyway...

It is a shame, now the writers have given Spiritomb such a bad image, even when it was stated in PMD2 that not all Spiritomb are bad, they wouldn't want the Champion to have one. It would have been cool to see Cynthia use her Spiritomb in battle, probably against Team Galactic. Houndoom vs. Spiritomb, perhaps, if they use Cyrus's Platinum team? Or perhaps against Purugly, Skunktank or one of the other ones? Saturn only seems to use his Toxicroak against Brock's Croagunk anyway. If they don't, it'll be nice to see Togekiss anyway.

Pearl's Perap
13th January 2009, 8:36 PM
I think that the whole Seviper/Zangoose rivalry is the only pok&#233;mon rivalry, iirc. I found it really quite an interesting thing, too and I'm glad they didn't just forget about it when they were through Hoenn, too. I watched that episode and it was really epic, the look on Seviper's face when it sensed there was Zangoose nearby, woah, it was great.

ShinyVaati
14th January 2009, 9:01 PM
I haven't posted here in a few days... ^^

I found "Tears for Fears" a bit boring... But the Seviper vs. Zangoose revival was nice, though it was mostly for Chimchar's backstory.

That Spiritomb idea makes me wonder just how much of Cynthia team we'll be seeing. Spiritomb is one of my favorites and I'd love to see her have one. Does anyone else think she'll have her Lucario? (I think I'll puke if I see another...) If not, they could put Spiritomb in Lucario's place, and she could get her Togekiss, as well.

Sapphire Phoenix
15th January 2009, 2:20 AM
Er, I haven't posted in a while either v.v

I really didn't like "Tears for Fears" since it was mostly about Chimchar (and I don't really like it x.x), but the epic battle between Seviper and Zangoose was awesome.

Meh, they'll probably won't show Spiritomb since it's already gotten an episode... But who knows what runs through the minds of the writers. For all we know, Paul might actually beat her Garchomp and she'll have to use something else :O

Pearl's Perap
15th January 2009, 3:50 PM
I'm really hoping she doesn't have a Lucario, that line has quickly become the most annoying evolutionary line to grace the pok&#233;mon world in my honest opinion. As if a movie wasn't enough, now it's had primary roles in quite a number of episodes too, blah, it's saddening.

I actually quite liked 'Tears for Fears' as, by this point, little Chimmy was rubbing off on me quite a bit, moreso than that darn penguin.

Rommath
15th January 2009, 4:20 PM
Now there's a perfect Pokemon to have Togekiss replace. Lucario. Sure it's a great Pokemon, but hasn't it already had enough episodes? That way they can include Spiritomb as well. I liked in the Tears for Fears episode, how Seviper seemed to detect an enemy approaching and about to attack. Reminds me of Spider-sense (or Spidy-sense, one of them).

Does Jessie even use Seviper in contests anymore? I can't really remember. It's a shame though, Seviper doesn't really have any moves it can use for appeals. I wonder if any of Team Rocket's Pokemon will learn any new moves soon. They never seem to get any more moves, last one was Cacnea I think with Drain Punch, but it left to properly learn it. Surely Seviper got more move possibilities in D/P/Pt.

Pearl's Perap
15th January 2009, 4:45 PM
I'm gonna have a little look at the D/P/Pt movesets for Seviper now *looks*

I'd love to see it be tutored Aqua Tail, that could look good for appeals and what not. Same with swift, even if it IS the most over-used attack it seems for appeals.

Just if you care to look, here's Seviper's Bulbapedia article (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Seviper_&#37;28Pok%C3%A9mon%29)

Rommath
15th January 2009, 5:00 PM
Thanks for that. I don't see why Seviper couldn't learn Aqua Tail or Swift, preferably Aqua Tail though. I think Seviper using that will look really cool. I still find it funny and a bit weird how Seviper and Zangoose can breed, despite practically being mortal enemies. But then, Wailord and Skitty/Diglett is a lot stranger...

Pearl's Perap
15th January 2009, 6:07 PM
Seviper and Zangoose breeding? I did NOT know about that, egg groups or not, you'd have thought they would have not allowed that. Gives a new meaning to 'sleeping with the enemy' though, I guess ;P

Skitty x Wailord is the most hilarious pairing I think, it's just like, HOW?! HOWWWW?!

Rommath
15th January 2009, 6:21 PM
Yep, they're both in the Ground egg group. It was a real shock to me when I first found out. Not long after I first got Ruby five years ago and my sister got Sapphire, I was reading in the Pokedex about how much they loathe each other. So I got a Seviper off her and put them in the day-care as a test. I was really surprised that they some how made an egg. Kind of contradictory I thought, that they take how ever long they take from ripping each other to shreds to "bond". Wailord and Skitty, always laugh at that.

I've been trying to think about evo or a pre-evo for Seviper (other than Arbok, of course). >_<

No ideas yet...

Pearl's Perap
15th January 2009, 6:29 PM
I was also thinking of an evolution for it, so that Jessie doesn't have to ditch it. I almost cried when she ditched Dustox but she has a much greater bond with Seviper, it probably WOULD make me cry D:

I can just see it as a bigger snake, but even then, it already seems like it's a final form. Like Ekans was a small snake with Arbok being bigger, Seviper is already big. I dunnooo ;/

Sapphire Phoenix
16th January 2009, 2:21 AM
You know, I'd like to see a Seviper evo that had two tails. Then if Jessie ever did teach it Aqua Tail (as a Seviper) it'd be awesome to see. Or even Poison Tail would be cool...

What are Jessie's Seviper's attacks besides Poison Tail and Haze? I can't remember anymore x.x

starliteevee
16th January 2009, 2:36 AM
I'd like to join please.

Name you want to go by:Starliteevee (or Star or Eevee)
Favourite standalone pok&#233;mon (name and national dex number): #131Lapras (also #359Absol)
Reason why: Lapras looks really fun to ride on and for Absol, I just like Pokemon that stand alone and watch the world with bleak resentment
Favourite episode/s featuring this pok&#233;mon: The Lost Lapras and Absol-ute Disaster!
and/or

ShinyVaati
16th January 2009, 3:11 AM
You know, I'd like to see a Seviper evo that had two tails. Then if Jessie ever did teach it Aqua Tail (as a Seviper) it'd be awesome to see. Or even Poison Tail would be cool...

What are Jessie's Seviper's attacks besides Poison Tail and Haze? I can't remember anymore x.x

Wrap and Bite. That's all I think.
I wouldn't want Seviper to get an evolution, it's fine just the way it is. But Jessie needs to start it using more, especially since she's actually winning contests now. >_>

Pearl's Perap
16th January 2009, 3:52 AM
I'd like to join please.

Name you want to go by:Starliteevee (or Star or Eevee)
Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number): #131Lapras (also #359Absol)
Reason why: Lapras looks really fun to ride on and for Absol, I just like Pokemon that stand alone and watch the world with bleak resentment
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: The Lost Lapras and Absol-ute Disaster!
and/or

Youuuu're in :3 I'll add you to the first post in a moment

I myself wouldn't like to see Seviper getting an evolution, the only reason I'd want it to evolve is so that Jessie doesn't end up ditching it. Though, it could do a Wobbu and stay for the loooong run...

Rommath
16th January 2009, 8:22 AM
Well, it could be like Wobbuffet. I mean, Jessie ditched Dustox, even though it was in the Sinnoh Dex. Unless they introduce a 5th gen snake, it could be Jessie's long-term snake Pokemon. Absol seems a popular Pokemon, didn't it benefit a lot from the generation switch?

Sapphire Phoenix
16th January 2009, 9:29 PM
I agree with Dooplissotto on everything. More than likely Seviper would be replaced if a new 5th gen snake gets introduced, even though she has room for it in her party :/

starliteevee
16th January 2009, 10:41 PM
I wouldn't really care for an evolution of Seviper, it would just look weird. I can picture multiple images of what it would look like, and it doesn't look great. Either, it will have two tails or more fangs, and the pattern on its body would definitly be different. But Jessie should teach her Seviper Poison Fang, that'd be cool. I hope Seviper gets a long time run, I wouldn't like seeing it end up as Arbok did.

Rommath
17th January 2009, 2:38 PM
I really hope Seviper gets a new move in the near future, as well as getting a long run in the anime. To be honest, I'm sick of seeing Poison Tail, Bite, Wrap and Haze repeated over and over again. Seviper creating a wave with its tail would look great I think. Or however they do Aqua Tail in the anime. Hopefully it won't end up like Arbok did.

ShinyVaati
17th January 2009, 4:09 PM
I really hope Seviper doesn't get the boot next saga. Jessie having one is one of the reasons I like it. But Seviper does need a new move. But Team Rocket so seldom gets an episode about them seriously training. Maybe if Jessie gets to the Grand Festival...

Pearl's Perap
19th January 2009, 9:37 PM
I think Seviper will get the boot next out of Team Rocket's pok&#233;mon, since Wobbuffet seems to be a staple team member by now. However, I don't see this happening until early in the fifth generation or some time in the next Battle Frontier saga (IF they have one, which I'm sure they will)

Though, if Jessie makes it to the GF (which I'm sure she will, I hope so anyway ;[) I hope that her pok&#233;mon, mainly Seviper, get some better attacks for the appeals and what not, it needs to happen D:

ShinyVaati
19th January 2009, 11:07 PM
Hey it seems that Chatot is getting another episode! This time it's Oficer Jenny's assistant.

Yeah it definitely seems like Jessie going to the Grand Festival. She wouldn't get 2 ribbons for nothing. Though I don't want Seviper to get kicked out, if the 5th gen introduces a new snake Pokemon...

Rommath
21st January 2009, 4:40 PM
Hopefully Jessie will earn another ribbon in the Akebai contest or if there's a contest in Snowpoint while Ash is battling Candice. I liked how in Fantina's battle she participated in a contest and won instead of trying to interfere in the gym battle or sneaking around the gym. That stunt by Team Rocket's getting kind of old in my opinion.

Apparently Carnivine learns Vine Whip in the Iron Island episodes. I was happy to hear that, hopefully Seviper learns something new soon too.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Grand Festival this saga. Should be very interesting, especially since Jessie and the new rivals will hopefully be in it. Wonder if Wallace or any of May's old rivals will make an appearance, perhaps in a cameo?

Pearl's Perap
21st January 2009, 6:53 PM
YAY ANOTHER PERAP EPISODE, SO EXCITED

...Okay, enough of that, I'm not THAT psyched, but still, should be ace.

As for Carnivine learning a new move, that's great, we've seen it using the same few attacks for too long now, just need Seviper beefing up a bit and things will be great :]

Rommath
21st January 2009, 8:52 PM
Hopefully this episode will be better than its debut...

I wonder if we'll ever see Pokemon like Castform, Qwilfish or Spinda again?

Pearl's Perap
21st January 2009, 10:11 PM
I doubt they will get more than a cameo, to be quite honest. I'd like to see Castform again as I can barely remember it's debut episode in the first place, same for the other two, thinking about it.

I'ma have a look on the new anim&#233;dex, woo ;D

ShinyVaati
21st January 2009, 10:17 PM
I think Castform was in the Weather Institute episode, when Team Magma (?) invaded them.
All I can see is cameos for them. But we might see future episodes for them. Afterall we still get episode for Electrite and Wailmer

Pearl's Perap
21st January 2009, 11:13 PM
True fact that, well, I had a look on the anim&#233;dex and Qwilfish has only ever had bit parts, same with Castform aside from the Weather Institute ep. I forgot to check Spinda however, I can only recall it being in one episode D:

Supernova
21st January 2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I'd love to join...

Name you want to go by: Supernova
Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number): Lucario, #448
Reason why: Awesome moveset, few weaknesses, really just comes down to the overall coolness of it...
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Movie 8: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and episode 536: A Triple Fighting Chance! (the fight with Buizel is EPIC.)

Zorg
21st January 2009, 11:39 PM
hi, i would love to join!

Name you want to go by: Zorg
Favourite standalone pok&#233;mon (name and national dex number): #214 Heracross
Reason why: Kwl type up and it looks cool, probably one of the best bug types ever too
Favourite episode/s featuring this pok&#233;mon: ---
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pok&#233;mon: ---

well, i dont really read the manga or watch the program, but i saw it in a 4th gen episode when ash and co help a girl look for this sacred honey and you see some Heracross eating on a tree...

Pearl's Perap
22nd January 2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I'd love to join...

Name you want to go by: Supernova
Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number): Lucario, #448
Reason why: Awesome moveset, few weaknesses, really just comes down to the overall coolness of it...
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Movie 8: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and episode 536: A Triple Fighting Chance! (the fight with Buizel is EPIC.)

You're not in, Lucario is quite blatantly not a standalone pokémon, since, well, it evolves from Riolu? *gets out the auraholic battering stick*

hi, i would love to join!

Name you want to go by: Zorg
Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number): #214 Heracross
Reason why: Kwl type up and it looks cool, probably one of the best bug types ever too
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: ---
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon: ---

well, i dont really read the manga or watch the program, but i saw it in a 4th gen episode when ash and co help a girl look for this sacred honey and you see some Heracross eating on a tree...

You're in, Heracross is a great pokémon, most definitely my favourite bug pokémon after Yanma/mega ;D I'll add you to the list now...

Mr. Joker
22nd January 2009, 12:13 AM
I would like to join!
Name you want to go by: Mr. Joker
Favourite standalone pok&#233;mon (name and national dex number): Lapras #131
Reason why: This pokemon has always been one of my faveroites! I always thought it was a mystic pokemon. I loved Ash's. Although I don't think that we will be able to choose Cute little Lapras in this club in a year or two.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pok&#233;mon: I loved *Rushes over to animedex* I liked Viva las Lapras... It was the greatest!
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pok&#233;mon: I dont read the Magna.

Rommath
22nd January 2009, 8:01 AM
Spinda was in an episode where there was a whole big group of them with a girl searching for a particular one, the one with heart shape spots or something like that.

And on the animedex it says it was in that episode that had the Disguise guy with the Dusclops. Helpful new update, can check all the Pokemon now.

Supernova
22nd January 2009, 1:07 PM
You're not in, Lucario is quite blatantly not a standalone pokémon, since, well, it evolves from Riolu? *gets out the auraholic battering stick*
:O Oh, sorry, I wasn't familiar with the term "standalone"... Ok, could I get Skarmory then?

Pearl's Perap
26th January 2009, 5:25 PM
I would like to join!
Name you want to go by: Mr. Joker
Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number): Lapras #131
Reason why: This pokemon has always been one of my faveroites! I always thought it was a mystic pokemon. I loved Ash's. Although I don't think that we will be able to choose Cute little Lapras in this club in a year or two.
Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: I loved *Rushes over to animedex* I liked Viva las Lapras... It was the greatest!
and/or
manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon: I dont read the Magna.

Youuuu'rrrre in, I'll pop you on the list now :]]

:O Oh, sorry, I wasn't familiar with the term "standalone"... Ok, could I get Skarmory then?

Well if you'd read the first post, you'd have gathered quite easily, there's even a list of the standalone pokémon if you still couldn't work it out. Re-do the form and I'll accept you :]

ShinyVaati
26th January 2009, 6:25 PM
I think we needz a new topic.

*gets out the auraholic battering stick*

It's safe to say that's over now. Despite my expectations, I haven't seen many people whine about it. But I did see something about an "Anti-Gliscor Movement". Ridiculous.

Pearl's Perap
26th January 2009, 6:45 PM
It's safe to say that's over now. Despite my expectations, I haven't seen many people whine about it. But I did see something about an "Anti-Gliscor Movement". Ridiculous.

I was so happy when all my suspicions about Ash NOT getting a Crapolu egg were confirmed, I just had to bask in a little.

But...an Anti-Gliscor movement? That's completely ridiculous, Gliscor is one of Ash's best pokémon ever in my opinion, I don't really know why but it just has been, it's whole relationship with Ash has been great.

New topic, hmm, as the club owner I should really make one, but my mind is blocked, anyone got any suggestions? As long as standalones come into it at some point, anything goes really ;D

ShinyVaati
26th January 2009, 6:55 PM
I was so happy when all my suspicions about Ash NOT getting a Crapolu egg were confirmed, I just had to bask in a little.

But...an Anti-Gliscor movement? That's completely ridiculous, Gliscor is one of Ash's best pokémon ever in my opinion, I don't really know why but it just has been, it's whole relationship with Ash has been great.

New topic, hmm, as the club owner I should really make one, but my mind is blocked, anyone got any suggestions? As long as standalones come into it at some point, anything goes really ;D

Supposedly is was from Bulbagarden (shocker). Fish around in the in the episode discussion here and you should find it some people talking about it on the first or second page.
Gliscor has so much personality. And it's looking to be an epic battler.

I really don't have any ideas for a topic. I'm a follower, not a leader.

Pearl's Perap
26th January 2009, 7:24 PM
Supposedly is was from Bulbagarden (shocker). Fish around in the in the episode discussion here and you should find it some people talking about it on the first or second page.
Gliscor has so much personality. And it's looking to be an epic battler.

I really don't have any ideas for a topic. I'm a follower, not a leader.

I'm gonna go and spew acid on the Gliscor haters, then, muhaha!

And as for topics, still got not really good ideas, just thought of one off of the top of my head though:

What would be the perfect episode/manga chapter starring your favourite standalone pokémon?

Jessie or James acquiring a Perap and it basically being the 'annoying' team member, talking for them or speaking when, well, it shouldn't. It would be perfect ;_;

ShinyVaati
26th January 2009, 7:53 PM
Well in the episode discussion here, people are just facepalming the idea.

What would be the perfect episode/manga chapter starring your favorite standalone pokemon

Considering how screentime goes, anything with Pachirisu doing something important would be fine for me. I really want Pachi to get another episode where it's hyperactive and cute, like it used to be.

Zorg
26th January 2009, 8:57 PM
What would be the perfect episode/manga chapter starring your favourite standalone pok&#233;mon?

Umm... an episode with an awesome fight between some Heracross and Pinsir....that would be pretty cool

Pearl's Perap
26th January 2009, 10:07 PM
I'd like to see a little more HeraPinsir rivalry myself, I loved the idea of it in the early Johto series.

I'd just like to see Ash's Heracross back in action, he is sorely missed...

Sapphire Phoenix
27th January 2009, 2:03 AM
What would be the perfect episode/manga chapter starring your favorite standalone pokemon?
Well, I don't know since Tropius got some love during the Ruby and Sapphire Manga Saga ^^;;... But I'd like to see an episode with a trainer owning a Tropius and owning Ash's Turtwig... Why? Cuz it'd be cool :/

Meh, I'd like to see more of Ash's Torkoal. Why?... I. Don't. Know.

Zorg
27th January 2009, 2:05 AM
actually.... i know the perfect episode!

the day pikachu dies, or ash ditches him

Pearl's Perap
27th January 2009, 9:45 PM
actually.... i know the perfect episode!

the day pikachu dies, or ash ditches him

That would be perfect IF a standalone pokémon killed him or if he was replaced by a badass standalone, otherwise, it wouldn't fit the topic ;P

Rommath
28th January 2009, 4:03 PM
Been gone a few days, and I noticed that Seviper is Pokemon of the Week, which is great. That unspeakable egg didn't appear, which is even better. Anti-Gliscor movement? Seriously? What did it do to deserve that? Gliscor's a great Pokemon. Anyway...

What would be the perfect episode/manga chapter starring your favourite standalone pok&#233;mon?

Something epic involving Dawn's poor Pachirisu, with Piplup only making small appearances (like that'll ever happen...) Or perhaps an episode about James's Carnivine, maybe going into more detail as to how he met it. I think he only said he had since he was a kid in it's first episode. There are a lot of good episodes I like to see with standalones.

I wonder if Rotom will appear again? Maybe in one of the Team Galactic episodes, or a Hunter J one. If J tries to capture it, I can just imagine it escaping and hopefully causing havoc on her ship with all the electricity.

gleamingxxpidgeot
28th January 2009, 4:48 PM
i would love to join!
Name: gleamingxxpidgeot

Farfetch'd
;083;
Kecleon
;352;

Pearl's Perap
28th January 2009, 5:24 PM
Been gone a few days, and I noticed that Seviper is Pokemon of the Week, which is great. That unspeakable egg didn't appear, which is even better. Anti-Gliscor movement? Seriously? What did it do to deserve that? Gliscor's a great Pokemon. Anyway...

Something epic involving Dawn's poor Pachirisu, with Piplup only making small appearances (like that'll ever happen...) Or perhaps an episode about James's Carnivine, maybe going into more detail as to how he met it. I think he only said he had since he was a kid in it's first episode. There are a lot of good episodes I like to see with standalones.

I wonder if Rotom will appear again? Maybe in one of the Team Galactic episodes, or a Hunter J one. If J tries to capture it, I can just imagine it escaping and hopefully causing havoc on her ship with all the electricity.

I believe they said that James obtained Carnivine when he saved it from the mud in Pastoria's Great Marsh whilst on vacation there or something of the like. That Rotom idea is great, it would be good to see it tie in with the game storyline of Rotom being Pluto's and what not, maybe then it could escape and reek havoc on J's aircraft ;D

i would love to join!
Name: gleamingxxpidgeot

Farfetch'd
;083;
Kecleon
;352;

Please use the correct form first, it's there for a reason...

ShinyVaati
28th January 2009, 9:04 PM
At least Pachirisu is going to do something in the next contest. The last time it was in a contest was for a split-second frame in the Wallace Cup.

I'd like Pluto to have a Rotom. It's first episode was gold, and it would be nice to see it battle action. Pluto doesn't have any known Pokemon in Platinum, so anything goes for him. Plus there's the whole back-story they have.

maybe then it could escape and reek havoc on J's aircraft ;D

Maybe, if J is going to be working with TG, she'll do something to tick them off. Then Pluto sets Rotom off to do some damage.

Rommath
28th January 2009, 9:23 PM
Gotta hate those over 42C days. :(

I gladly swap for some cold weather, bring on winter!

Back on topic, is that Carnivine episode one of the new ones? Might check that out. Another episode with Heracross and Pinsir would be nice, I remember that forest one back in Johto where groups of them controlled different parts of the forest and fought for more territory, or something like that.

I hope Rotom does get another episode, hopefully with Pluto. I can sort of picture J annoying Team Galactic, or double-crossing them somehow to benefit her if she could, she's clearly that kind of person. Looking forward to another arc of Team Galactic now that Iron Island is over, wonder if it'll be Lake Acuity or one of the other lakes, or even the HQ?

ShinyVaati
31st January 2009, 1:28 AM
I'm pretty sure they'd be heading to Lake Acuity. No reason to skip it. It would nice if they would do the other lakes too. Ash and Dawn have seen Azelf and Mespirit so might as well do something with them.

Rommath
1st February 2009, 10:59 AM
In the games, Saturn blows up Lake Valor once the player's beaten Byron. Then Mars does her bit at Lake Verity. Seeing as they skipped that and started heading up to Snowpoint, they can do Lake Acuity, but I'm not sure how they can do the other two. Hopefully the writers figure out a way to do it, maybe have the trio backtrack to the lakes or something.

With any luck, they'll have episode about the hideout as well.

Pearl's Perap
4th February 2009, 3:44 PM
*kicks into life*

LIVE, YOU CRETIN!

Alright, I believe that they could do it where the trio split up, each member traveling to a lake each with a group of others (rivals, gym leaders, etc) to try and get rid of Galactic, but obviously they'd fail since so far Galactic are, well, kicking butt like they truly deserve.

I'm wondering if we will actually see the pixies in their proper forms and Dialga and Palkia, though, I believe it's a given...

Rommath
5th February 2009, 7:59 PM
With all the club posts lately, this one was slipping back a bit. Seeing the pixies properly would be great, I'm guessing like in the games they'll play a part in stopping Dialga/Palkia's flashy lights which don't appear to do much. Guessing Paul will show up, probably Cynthia as well, she didn't actually do much in the TG plot in the games, unlike Steven/Wallace. But in the anime she and her grandmother are fairly involved. Should be interesting to see.

Pearl's Perap
5th February 2009, 8:14 PM
I'll be happy if Cynthia plays a major part in destroying Galactic, as long as (despite loving Garchomp <3) we see some more of her pok&#233;mon, though, I'm sure we probably will :3

ShinyVaati
5th February 2009, 9:06 PM
I'm overjoyed that Pachirisu is going to be the star of the next Pokemon Contest. And it learns Super Fang! This looks the best episode with Pachi since it was caught!

I have a feeling Cynthia will be pretty involved with TG. I just hope more of her Pokemon are shown and she gets a good mix. I also think it would be interesting if she teamed up with Ash in a battle with Cyrus or something like that.

Pearl's Perap
5th February 2009, 10:29 PM
I hope we get to see proper trainer battles with all members of Galactic (aside from Pluto, even though that WOULD be nice)

As for the spoilers, the next episode is looking great

Ulala and Gabite seem like they could be amazing ;D

ShinyVaati
5th February 2009, 10:54 PM
Hopefully there'll be a treck through Mt. Coronet for an episode or two.

She does look like a cool rival. It'd be nice if she wasn't a one time rival. Perhaps she could become Dawn's Harley?

Pearl's Perap
5th February 2009, 10:57 PM
This is what I was thinking, we need someone a bit different, someone that's not gonna be like, Dawn's BFFL

I hope they show a Magnezone near to Coronet, I believe the Nosepass/Probopass episode was near Coronet, but I'm not sure. I hope they show more about the evolution-inducing area, maybe even a proper explanation...

Sapphire Phoenix
6th February 2009, 2:23 AM
I haven't been here in a while *cowers from PP's wrath*

Er, I don't watch the anime, so I don't really talk about it (I rarely watch it)... but I'm happy that Pachy is getting a episode. Hopefully this is the start of the standalone being in more episodes. Yeah...

Pearl's Perap
6th February 2009, 2:50 AM
I haven't been here in a while *cowers from PP's wrath*

*DEATHGLARE*

Only joking ;D

Well, this episode and the next seem to be quite good for our ol' standalones...

If the next episode doesn't do Perap the justice it deserves, I will cry and destroy lives...

Rommath
6th February 2009, 3:12 PM
Just saw the pics for the Phione episode and they look great. Team Rocket just can't win with anything, floating away in an ice-block looks cold.

The Team Galactic episodes coming up should be great, much better than the Team Magma/Aqua arc *shudders*

And of course...

Pachirisu is getting an episode? A contest episode? In a town called Akebai?

What's a Pachirisu?...

Well whatever this "new" Pokemon is doing on Dawn's team, it sounds great.
Ulala and Gabite sound awesome, a good competitive rival for Dawn. Pachirisu learning Super Fang sounds good too. Looking forward to the Serebii Pics. And that hopefully great Chatot episode is coming soon as well. And if Pluto has Rotom, looks like some great standalone episodes will be coming soon.

Pearl's Perap
6th February 2009, 3:22 PM
Not related to standalones, but:

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/imageboard/53/12338718060074.jpg

She looks superb!

:3

Rommath
6th February 2009, 3:40 PM
;476;

Ah, good old Jessie. Looking bizarre AND ce-xy since 1998.

Let's begin the count-down to Chatot's episode. Anyone got some fireworks?

Pearl's Perap
6th February 2009, 3:44 PM
Damn me and my stealing of images, let's go again...

http://i39.*******.com/2rm1p8j.jpg

There we go!

And yes, I'm getting prepared, I even dreamed about wanting to watch the episode, how sad of me ;P

Rommath
6th February 2009, 4:04 PM
;444;

Look, is that a sweet Poffin I see?
It appears very pink to me!

Lame attempt at beginning of TR motto, but Ulala and her Gabite look great. I've been lurking around the clubs forum a bit tonight, and the anime captions. Wonder when they start posting the Chatot pics on it?

Pearl's Perap
6th February 2009, 4:31 PM
Well, the episode preview will be shown at the end of the Ulala/Gabite episode next Thursday, so they'll start showing up after that, can't wait ;D

Nothing moar to add D:

Rommath
7th February 2009, 2:29 PM
;441;

The Ulala and her Gabite pic has been very popular in the captions thread, which is good. And I'm looking forward to when the preview comes out. Still wonder what they mean by "wild" though. Wild as in angry, uncivilized, violent? Perhaps just living out of town.

Pearl's Perap
7th February 2009, 3:33 PM
I'm not sure, but I'm excited either which way, just because certain unnamed pok&#233;mon (can't be bothered with spoiler tags now D: ) is getting itself a second episode and it's bound to be better than the Battle Frontier episode.

Wonder if we're going to see any standalones in DP114, with it being a contest episode, was nice seeing Dunsparce pop up for like, a second in one of the previous ones :]

Rommath
7th February 2009, 3:43 PM
Dunsparce appeared in a contest? I can't even remember the last time I saw that Pokemon. It's one of the more neglected standalones, it seems. Hopefully some will appear in the contest, I'd like to see a Spinda or a Castform, perhaps even a Tropius. I would really like Qwilfish to appear sometime, but since the anime don't show sea Pokemon on land most the time, well...

Pearl's Perap
7th February 2009, 3:47 PM
Qwilly is as good as dead, basically, unless they bring in a fifth generation evolution and actually give it a purpose, it's sad really, it might be a pretty mediocre pokémon, but it's cute in a bizarre way? D:

Dunsparce appeared in this (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/shinou/529.shtml) contest, for a split second, but it was still nice to see. It was also nice seeing Jessie actually win, she was great after all :]

As for Tropius, I began watching the eighth movie and I forgot that there was one in the opening sequence, I can't recall seeing it in any/many episodes D:

Rommath
7th February 2009, 4:09 PM
Poor Qwilfish is always overshadowed by Tentacruel. A 5th gen evolution will do it some justice, trading with Poison Barb would be a good way to evolve it. Australia's so behind with the anime I haven't seen any episodes past the end of Season 10. On TV that is...

I think I'll try to see Team Shocker, looks alright. Tropius was the cause of Sceptile losing the ability to attack or use moves for a few episodes back in BF, I believe. Him and the female Meganium. I think it might have been in the Hoenn League briefly as well.
That's all the episodes I can recall seeing it in (off to the ever-helpful Animedex).

Pearl's Perap
7th February 2009, 4:17 PM
I think I'll try to see Team Shocker, looks alright. Tropius was the cause of Sceptile losing the ability to attack or use moves for a few episodes back in BF, I believe. Him and the female Meganium. I think it might have been in the Hoenn League briefly as well.
That's all the episodes I can recall seeing it in (off to the ever-helpful Animedex).

Oh yeah! I remember that episode now, I thought it was quite good, nice to see Meganium as always. Grovyle losing his mojo made for a funny episode, as well ;D