PDA

View Full Version : GTS Guardians Volume 2!

randomspot555
22nd December 2008, 4:41 AM
New members now being accepted!

WANT TO BE A MEMBER? READ THIS:

You must read the rules, PM me, and request a role before you post.

Rules and fun stuff here:
http://pokemontrader.livejournal.com/

Specific URL for rules are here (http://pokemontrader.livejournal.com/614.html)

The current and only entry is the Rules/FAQ entry. It may be periodically updated, and you all should check it as such. It is required reading. I know, it's a lot.

New Rules:
This was moved to the off-site Live Journal. It still applies, I'm just getting it out of the thread.

Reminder: I sent out Analyst tests last weekend. Those who passed are now off Probation and promoted to an Analyst. Those who didn't answer are now listed as Hunters and as Inactive. You may reapply to an Analyst position as you wish, and all you need to be listed as "Active" again is submit a report/contribute discussion to the thread, or shoot me a PM/VM.

Member's list will be maintained in this post. The report form is posted here, and the roles are re-posted here.
Member's list:

randomspot555: Owner - Active
callum5042: Hunter - Active
Mrmagius: General Analyst/Archivist - Inactive
Stoc15: Archivist/Hunter - Inactive
A-Buritto: General Analyst - Active
a_person: General Analyst - Active
pirate555: General Analyst - Active
Mr.Twinkie: Hunter- Inactive
Thehackcatcher: Hunter - Active
Sapphiredragon929: Hunter - Active
Mr.Joker: Hunter - Active
UmbreonsGlow: Hunter - Active
Lucario625: Hunter - Active
Too Funk to Druck: Hunter - Active
Emo_Kirlia: Hunter - Active

Honored veterans (they're welcome back at any time):
firewall: Former owner - inactive
Jean de Kotennoh: Former analyst- inactive

Report form:

Date: When did it happen.
Obtained: GTS trade, Wi-Fi Trade, Union Room trade
Information on the Pokemon: List anything that makes you think it might be hacked, or need further clarification. Shiny (or lack of), ribbons, Pal-Park/caught/hatch info, OT/ID#, and so on.
Verdict: Hacked, legit
Action taken: What happened after analyst is given

Roles:
Hunter- Basic, entry level. Your job is to get Pokemon off of the GTS and bring them to us for analysis. Do not release Pokemon unless you are 100% certain they are hacked.

Analyst: Someone who can analyze the Pokemon. They may specialize in something specific. Checking for EVs/IVs, illegal move sets, event information, and so on. Other members are free to analyze Pokemon that are posted too, but official Analysts' word carry more weight.
Analysts can also carry out Hunter duties.
Besides various kinds of information analysts (game mechanics, events, etc...), I'd also like to find someone who can utilize hack checking programs, as well as someone who can hack check with PBR. Anyone who can, please PM me.

There are four types of Analysts.
Probational Analyst: These Analysts have not been certified yet. Must pass a quiz given by the Owner or Analyst+ before being certified.
General Analyst: These are certified Analysts who did not specify a specific field.
[Specialty] Analyst: Fill in Specialty with the specific field.
General/Specialty Analyst+: Those with a + mean they can certify wannabe Analysts. The Owner will choose these people at his discretion, and is not a position you can ask for.
All analysts will start as Probational. Before their interview, they should specify if they want to be General or pick a specialty. Assuming they pass the interview, the member list will be properly modified to reflect it.

Archivist: Archivists are in charge of keeping records, something that was done in the original club with varying success. Their job is to archive information of members' activity, including what happens to the Pokemon they find on the GTS. This is only in relation to members' activity. Due to the variety of online resources, it's pretty much a given that someone else will obtain information about game mechanics, event Pokemon, etc... before we do.
Archivists also can assist the Owner in encouraging members to stay active and can PM semi/inactive members on behalf of the Owner. Any abuse of the PM system in the name of this Club will not be tolerated, so don't abuse it.
This position does not inherently qualify for any other position, though there is nothing to prevent an Archivist from taking up other roles.

Creative artsy fartsy hippie person: These people can do banners and graphics and fun stuff for signatures and whatever else. They only have permission to create. The Owner (me) must approve before anyone uses it in their sig.

Owner: Me. I can do everything, though the point of the titles is so I don't HAVE to do everything.

callum5042
22nd December 2008, 9:01 PM
Ok i will join as a hunter but are you going to have tha system with themissingo and celebi like on the old thread?

Mrmagius
23rd December 2008, 12:16 AM
I'd like to re-sign up please as a Hunter/Analyst. I'd like to be an Archivist too but it could take a little time to organize our hack count from he last thread (though it is cerainly not beyong me, effortwise).

If/When admitted I'll post some hacks that I've recently destroyed.

randomspot555
23rd December 2008, 12:25 AM
I'd like to re-sign up please as a Hunter/Analyst. I'd like to be an Archivist too but it could take a little time to organize our hack count from he last thread (though it is cerainly not beyong me, effortwise).

If/When admitted I'll post some hacks that I've recently destroyed.

Go ahead and post your stuff. I'll have to talk to you via PM at a later date to make sure you're knowledgeable enough to be an analyst, so I put "Probational" in your title for now. I won't be asking any trick questions, but just to make sure you have a good foundation of knowledge of the game mechanics needed to identify hacks.

XD Mewtwo
23rd December 2008, 12:35 AM
There is something going on at GTS, the darkrai section is use able!
I am not sure if they are legit. All the darkrai there are in english. I could not trade mine , but I traded for one and it worked.

Stoc15
23rd December 2008, 12:36 AM
I'm a newbie here, but I think it's time I come and help you guys. I will join as an archivist, because I can hold a memory for a long time. My main reason for joining this club is that I don't like the people on the GTS scamming us. And, I don't want to be scammed as well! So, I will help you by using the power of memory to keep records!

Stoc15,
Future Archivist

randomspot555
23rd December 2008, 12:46 AM
There is something going on at GTS, the darkrai section is use able!
I am not sure if they are legit. All the darkrai there are in english. I could not trade mine , but I traded for one and it worked.

I thought this would go without saying, but first, you need to request to join before making a post. Please come back in 24 hours and try again.

I've edited into the OP so this won't happen again.

I'm a newbie here, but I think it's time I come and help you guys. I will join as an archivist, because I can hold a memory for a long time. My main reason for joining this club is that I don't like the people on the GTS scamming us. And, I don't want to be scammed as well! So, I will help you by using the power of memory to keep records!

Stoc15,
Future Archivist

I appreciate it. The old GTS Guardians thread is either on page 1 or 2 of the Clubs forum. Just copy/paste any relevant information you find and put it (preferrably) into a Word Document.

Particularly:

Old Member's List
Filed reports and what happened
Any useful facts or hints that can help members find and detect hacks.

But keep Archival work out of this main thread until we're ready to present it publicly. Not only do I want the information to be available, but I want it to be correct and accurate too. That's in particular to #3, whereas #1 and 2 are pretty straightforward.

Mrmagius
23rd December 2008, 12:47 AM
Go ahead and post your stuff. I'll have to talk to you via PM at a later date to make sure you're knowledgeable enough to be an analyst, so I put "Probational" in your title for now. I won't be asking any trick questions, but just to make sure you have a good foundation of knowledge of the game mechanics needed to identify hacks.

Oh, OK then sure. I feel ike I have to revise now, lol.

Anyways: Hacks & Legits

Date: 23 december 2008
Obtained: Celebi
Information on the Pokemon: Lv 100/Fom Kanto/ OT & ID are that of a trainer impying that someone caught it which is not possile for Celebi.
Verdict: Hacked
Action taken: Destroyed

Date: Some undiscernable time ago (I forgot basically)
Information on the Pokemon: Masterball/ID: 37107/OT: Something Japanese
Verdict: Hacked cause of having an unobtainable ID for a Celebi

Date: 23 December 2008
Information on the Pokemon: Masterball/pokerus/ID: 65535/OT: Something Japanese
Verdict: Hacked cause of having an unobtainable ID for a Celebi

Date: 23 december 2008
Obtained: Mew
Information on the Pokemon: Pokeball/ID: 50716/OT: Something Japanese
Verdict: Legit cause I think its a Hadou Mew
Action taken: Kept as bait for GTS

Obtained: Jirachi
Information on the Pokemon: It's at level 20 and says it was caught in the mining museum, 'nuff said.
Action taken: Destroyed!

Obtained: Deoxys
Information on the Pokemon: Repeat Ball/ID: 38711/OT: A series of repeating japanese symbols/comes from Kanto but has been Pal parked
Verdict: Legit birth Island possibly but may be a japanese version of the "AAAAA" ar hack thing due to repeating symbols
Action taken: will destroy due to likelihood of hackness unless any of you can verify it.

Obtained: Lugia
Information on the Pokemon: Masterball/ID: 31894/OT: FLER
Verdict: Legit navel rock Lugia
Action taken: GTS bait again

And thats all I got for now

randomspot555
23rd December 2008, 12:53 AM
Obtained: Deoxys
Information on the Pokemon: Repeat Ball/ID: 38711/OT: A series of repeating japanese symbols/comes from Kanto but has been Pal parked
Verdict: Legit birth Island possibly ut may be a japanese version of the "AAAAA" ar hack thing due to repeating symbols
Action taken: will destroy due to likelihood of hackness unless any of you can verify it.[/I]

I don't have Wi-Fi access so I can't look at it myself, BUT if it's Pal-Park info looks correct, then there's one thing to tell:

If it's NICKNAME (right above the sprite) has 5 characters or less, then it's fine. If it has more than 5 characters, it's hacked. If you can't tell, keep it until I can look at it myself.

EDIT: And to XD: Yes, the Darkrai ban was lifted. Darkrai's key item is available for download for Japanese Platinum games, where it is found on Newmoon Island at level 50.

Upcoming rant/update: GTS changes and glitches, and how you can disqualify yourself from the Club! (IE more specific rules)

Mrmagius
23rd December 2008, 1:00 AM
The nickname has five character so I'll take that as confirmation that its real then. I'll swing by the Darkrai section before I go off to bed, see what I can find.

Also I know the Analyst position is probational but I was also shooting for Archivist and Hunter at the same time, you've not listed those so does that mean I don't qualify or something?

Stoc15
23rd December 2008, 1:08 AM
I'm working on the list at the moment, keeping track on the members, helpful hints, and examples of donations and Pokemon would most likely release. I don't have the GTS either, although I used to have it and currently is trying to get to work again, I know how scammish it can get there. Once, me and my brother were on the GTS, hunting for good bargains. Then, we find the most stupid bargain in the history of mankind: Level 100 Deoxys for Level 4 Venomoth. And then I'm like: "That's the most retarded thing I've ever seen!" And then my brother's like: "Let's go for the Mew I wanted!" So we decided to actually get it, and he actually gets it. And I'm like: "Are you sure that's legit?" And he's like: "It says they used the Map thing." I then paused for a minute, and then I responded back to him. "Wow. That thing has got to be Japanese!" And then it turns out it was. But one time, we had to deal with a Jirachi. It all started when I began to rant about how I wanted one bad. I'm like: "Let's get the most rare Pokemon ever that can be legit!" So we go on the hunt, we get the Pokemon for a reasonable trade (level 70 Ampibom) and we see it. This is what it said: Level 100 Jirachi. Caught at level 100 at Pokemon Center. And then I'm like: "Sweet mother of God! We got scammed!" And then me and my brother start ranting about how stupid the scammers in the GTS are, and then we finally release the Jirachi. Feel my pain.

randomspot555
23rd December 2008, 1:39 AM
Also I know the Analyst position is probational but I was also shooting for Archivist and Hunter at the same time, you've not listed those so does that mean I don't qualify or something?

Analyst is a rank above Hunter, and carries all the same qualifications and responsibilities as a Hunter can.

If you also want the Archivist position, I assigned Stoc15 pages 1-5 of the first thread. You can take pages 6-10.

Stoc15
23rd December 2008, 1:42 AM
I was assigned pages 1-5? I'm doing pretty good with it anyway. I just need to know when I actually get to post this info, because I don't like it hiding inside Word forever. Anyway, I can be an analyst as well. I just need someone to bring me specimines, and I will research them and conclude if they are worthy enough to be considered non-hacked. Although if you read my story above, you could figure that goal is hard to get.

Johnny Knoxville
23rd December 2008, 1:45 AM
Eh!! Don't forget me, yeah! I'm in!

randomspot555
23rd December 2008, 1:46 AM
I was assigned pages 1-5? I'm doing pretty good with it anyway. I just need to know when I actually get to post this info, because I don't like it hiding inside Word forever. Anyway, I can be an analyst as well. I just need someone to bring me specimines, and I will research them and conclude if they are worthy enough to be considered non-hacked. Although if you read my story above, you could figure that goal is hard to get.

I'll be talking to all Analysts-candidates in the near future to make sure they have the knowledge to be one.

99% of what we analyze can be done through the Hunter posting the info, rather than us looking at the Pokemon ourselves. The only reason one will ever need the Pokemon themselves is to run it through PBR Wi-Fi or a hack checking device.

I'll put you down as a Probational Analyst, and we'll see if you have enough knowledge to be one at a later date.

The only reason I want to delay making it public is because I'll probably host it off-site, probably on a Livejournal space or something relatively simple, and my life is a bit hectic (as I'm sure most people's lifes are for the holdiays). And I want to make it nice and tidy.

Eh!! Don't forget me, yeah! I'm in!

Please try again in 24 hours and re-read the first two posts of mine (#1 and #3).

Stoc15
23rd December 2008, 1:58 AM
Fair enough. I have actually finished my recordings and got about eight pages in Word, pretty fair for notes. But anyway, I'd just like to say that if we need a banner that I can create one. I'll need a sword graphic though. So, keep on posting and let's keep on getting new members so we can fight off the scammers of the GTS and reclaim the actual legit Pokemon!

randomspot555
23rd December 2008, 2:03 AM
Fair enough. I have actually finished my recordings and got about eight pages in Word, pretty fair for notes. But anyway, I'd just like to say that if we need a banner that I can create one. I'll need a sword graphic though. So, keep on posting and let's keep on getting new members so we can fight off the scammers of the GTS and reclaim the actual legit Pokemon!

A banner would be fine, but I have ultimate control of any/all banners here, and I kind of de-test 99% of the banners out there.

Let's put it this way: If it resembles something that came in from the fan-fic or Shipping forums, I'll probably reject this. They're super serious. I'd rather have something more cool and relaxed, or chill, or something.

Keep it simple, is what I'm trying to say.

A-Burrito
23rd December 2008, 3:16 AM
I would like to join your "GTS guardians" Club & help clean up the GTS, because in the past i have gotten far too many illegitimate pokemon off the GTS, which really annoys me, and i can see your organization is a good cause.

Anyway I would like to Be A Hunter/Analyst because i can look in to events & Ev's/Iv', move sets and all that jazz. I can Hunt now & check via battle revolution & analyze pokemon specimen. as my wifi is fixed.

I hope i can join the fight against hacks & the good cause which is the "GTS Guardians" club.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post & if you could get back As soon as possible, that would be great.

A-Burrito

Suicunefan2341
24th December 2008, 12:35 AM
Heya! I'd like to re-join the GTS Guardians as an analyst again. And randomspot, it's nice to see that you have everything organized again. Good job, the club seems to be in good hands!

randomspot555
25th December 2008, 3:44 AM
I added you two to the list. To all the Probational Analysts, I'll try to get in touch after Christmas. However, it's likely it'll be put off for most of you until 2009 starts.

Pokemon Trainer 619
25th December 2008, 5:48 PM
I would like to join as a hunter.
I want to clean up the GTS and make it safe. Illegimate pokemon shouldnt be around here! however i will need help to get pokemon for trading. can any of you tell me the cloning trick? thanx

Pokemon Federation Leader,
Pokemon Trainer 619

randomspot555
26th December 2008, 2:14 AM
I would like to join as a hunter.
I want to clean up the GTS and make it safe. Illegimate pokemon shouldnt be around here! however i will need help to get pokemon for trading. can any of you tell me the cloning trick? thanx

Pokemon Federation Leader,
Pokemon Trainer 619

You will not be added to the list. Please read the first page (particularly my posts) and you may request to join again in 24 hours.

I also have no idea what "Pokemon Federation" is, but if it's another club/league/network/website, keep it out of your posts in this club.

EDIT: Here, I'm even being super nice, even though you didn't bother to read it :(

GREAT! So I want to do it. Let's get sta....I don't want to give up any of my precious Pokeymanz

Well, you're in luck, kind of. A simple search over at Gamefaqs or Youtube will show you how to clone. Cheat devices also allow you to clone, and you are free to use them if you wish as long as you aren't cloning and trading hacked Pokemon with them in association with this club.

EDIT: I've decided that it may be a bit confusing having all that vital info spread throughout the first page, so an off-site (likely on a LiveJournal account) will be created for FAQs, rules, etc... and linked in the first post. This will probably be my primary concern, and then I'll get to interviewing the Probational Analysts.

I hope you've all had a good Christmas.

A-Burrito
26th December 2008, 8:55 AM
Well for my first post as a member here are 2 Things i picked up today while at a friends that has wifi as mine is still down.

Jirachi
Date: 26/12/08
Obtained: GTS trade
Information on the Pokemon: Jirachi Caught @ Mining museum on level 20.(fan made event i think, not sure, i saw something about it somewhere)

Mew
Date: 26/12/08
Obtained: GTS Trade
Information on the Pokemon: Obtained @ level 9 pokemon event 07
Action taken:Destroyed

randomspot555
29th December 2008, 6:28 AM
Thank you Burrito.

To my Archivists, PM me so I can assign a few more pages for you guys if you need more work to do.

Assuming activity is still here in this thread, expect a major update (including off site location for FAQ/Rules + A new first post) sometime after New Years, along with interviewing all of the Probational Analysts.

And maybe even some hack hunting can be done on my part during some down time in my plans for tomorrow.

On a semi-personal note: I am now a proud owner of The Wii system, and hopefully can pick up a copy of PBR so I can use that to hack-check when needed. I'm not going to spend $50 new on it, but maybe I can find it off of Craigslist or Ebay for a cheap price.

Sapphiredragon929
29th December 2008, 7:00 AM
Can I join. i help my friends know whether or not thier pokemon is hacked...but they still use them. I even went searching for suspected hacks on the GTS.

I found a couple on here:

Shiny Torchic
Date: 12-25-08.
Information on the Pokemon: Shiny, arrived from Kanto, knows Water pulse

Level 100 Shuckle
Date: 12-28-08.
Information on the Pokemon: Caught on route 222 at level 51. Shuckle's can only be caught on 224 at level 21 or 23. Stat's show three maxed out stats...only two can be maxed Eved.
Action taken: Destoyed

Shiny Hitmonchan Lv. 56
Date: 12-27-08.
Information on the Pokemon: Caught at route 212, Shiny, knows three elemental punches and close combat. Has Hall Of Fame Ribbon, caught in dusk ball.
Verdict: Legit
Action taken: Kept as bait

Please I want to join. Ever since i got swindled out of my legit Celebi, for a hacked Jirachi I want to make sure people don't suffer the same fate as me.

randomspot555
29th December 2008, 4:01 PM
Denied. Please read the rules and try again in 24 hours.

To all the others that I've denied membership too, I believe you all can try again.

callum5042
29th December 2008, 5:18 PM
Darkrai level 76
Date: 26/07/08
Information on the Pokemon: Met at Lv. 10, Route 202
Action taken: Destoyed

Mr. Joker
29th December 2008, 6:32 PM
Hello I would like to join the club. I do get vary ticked off whenever I go onto it and there are lots of hacks. I would like to join as a analyst, please I have all ligit events that you can have besides Platinum events and I don't have platinum (If that matters). If I am a analyst can I still hunter?

pirate555
29th December 2008, 6:58 PM
Hi, I'm interested in joining, I used to participate a little in the original club, but I left the gts for a while, and so didn't find any more hacks. However, I'm willing to rejoin and start searching for those hacks again!
I'm foremost a hunter, but I can also act as an analyst in some areas. I can read japanese names and recognise most event IDs, as well as recognising more simple signs such as sheen, dates, levels, capture balls and areas. But I'm not great at spotting illegitimate IVs/EVs, I ought to say.
Pirate

randomspot555
29th December 2008, 7:01 PM
Hello I would like to join the club. I do get vary ticked off whenever I go onto it and there are lots of hacks. I would like to join as a analyst, please I have all ligit events that you can have besides Platinum events and I don't have platinum (If that matters). If I am a analyst can I still hunter?

Denied. You clearly didn't read the first post. Try again in 24 hours.

pirate555, welcome. I'll add you to the list soon, and conduct an Analyst interview with you in the near future.

Excitable Boy
29th December 2008, 10:49 PM
Hello. I'd like to join, obviously. If possible, I'd like to be an Analyst. I have a pretty good knowledge of various events, and could probrobly do very well. I'm also active very frequently, so I can look at a lot of Pokemon. I have a lot of the games, so I know if it's possible to legitimately get the Pokemon from the game it comes from. I can't be a Hunter due to lack of Wi-Fi, though.

So, am I accepted?

XD Mewtwo
29th December 2008, 11:02 PM
I can't post here with out being a member?! Some other clubs never complained about that. It is the owners choice though. I'am not going to join this club. (I would like an answer for what I posted ealier) But I won't post here again if you must be a member.

randomspot555
30th December 2008, 12:15 AM
I can't post here with out being a member?! Some other clubs never complained about that. It is the owners choice though. I'am not going to join this club. (I would like an answer for what I posted ealier) But I won't post here again if you must be a member.

No, you can't post here without being a member (in general). This isn't a "Discuss the GTS" thread. There are several throughout the forums, and you can discuss/ask questions/whatever there. Please don't post again unless you're interested in joining.

a_person, you'll be added.

AceSe3don
31st December 2008, 7:49 PM
Okay, sorry if I did break the rules or something.
I have a Mew that reads the following:

Name: japanese ( €ouldn't translate it :( )
OT: PKMEVENT ( I think...)
moves: normal moves ( psychic, transform, metronome and ??? but it's a normal one I can't remember cause I raised it...)

And last, the weird thing:
I've got it at level 50 when I give it a stat raiser (calcium, zinc...etc) it will reduce to 43.
please tell me if it's hacked so I can play with it unhackingly ( I hate hacking and cheating.

Excitable Boy
31st December 2008, 9:24 PM
That, my friend, is known as a hack. Phony. Whatever. In the game, whenever the word Pokemon is abbreviated, it is always abbreviated to PKMN, not PKM. And I'm pretty sure that that isn't even actual event that was handed out. Though it would help if you knew exactly what it's moves were, stats, e.t.c.

Mrmagius
31st December 2008, 11:52 PM
Hey guys, here's a post just to show I'm not dead, I've been monitoring the thread but archiving for most of the time. Randomspot, I'm nearly done with the other pages so you can give me a couple more if you want. I would have been done sooner only I've been ike totally consumed with my xmas presents + going round to friends/family's houses, soz :'(

Anywho, I bring tidings of progress reports, enjoy!

Progress report
Date: 29th december 2008
Obtained from gts: Jirachi
Analysis:
OT: CHANNEL
ID: 40122
Encounter location: Hoenn
Additional info: Pokeball, lv 100 arrived at that level too, normal moveset
Action taken: Its legit so I sent it back on the GTS

Progress report
Date: 29th December 2008
Obtained from gts: Darkrai
Analysis:
OT: BJE
ID: 44325
Encounter location: Apparently met @Newmoon Island
Additional info: Masterballed, normal attacks
Action taken: I think its a hack 'cuase as far as I know you can't really 'catch' a Darkrai, its usually distributed with a set ID and OT but I'll put it up for analysis before I do anything with it since I'm not 100%

Progress report
Date: 29th December 2008
Obtained from gts: Celebi
Analysis:
OT: JUANJO
ID: 00414
Encounter location: hoenn
Additional info: masterballed, arrived at lv 100 and still is that level
Action taken: dead, irregular OD/ID for a Celebi.

Progress report
Date: 31st December 2008 (omg, last entry for 2008 probs 0.0)
Obtained from gts: Celebi
Analysis:
OT: MAY
ID: 00625
Encounter location: Hoenn, arrived at and still is lv 26
Additional info: holding lum berry, masterballed
Action taken: illegal ID/OT = hacked = destroyed :)

oh yeah and to all in the club...

HAPPY NEW YEARS! *throws confetti*

P.S. is it OK if I use this sort of form for the club Randomspot? I'm just more familiar with it and find it easier to use. Obv. I'll change if you want but just wondering.

Excitable Boy
1st January 2009, 12:03 AM
The Darkrai is hacked, since the Wonder Card was only handed out in Japan, so it cannot have an English OT.

AceSe3don
1st January 2009, 5:09 AM
sorry, here's mew's stats:

lv. 67
OT: japanese...
ID NO.: 07157
exp: 302469
ball: cherish (1st clue I think..)
nature quirky
jul. 15 2007 (2nd clue)
Pokemon Event 07
apparently had a fateful encounter at lv. 50
lovesto eat
happily eats anything
carrent stats
hp 233 atk 147 def 147 spatk 157 spdef 142 spd 154
ability synchronize
old attacks: psychic metronome barrier ancientpower

does this all help???;412;;412;

A-Burrito
1st January 2009, 6:55 AM
sorry, here's mew's stats:

lv. 67
OT: japanese...
ID NO.: 07157
exp: 302469
ball: cherish (1st clue I think..)
nature quirky
jul. 15 2007 (2nd clue)
Pokemon Event 07
apparently had a fateful encounter at lv. 50
lovesto eat
happily eats anything
carrent stats
hp 233 atk 147 def 147 spatk 157 spdef 142 spd 154
ability synchronize
old attacks: psychic metronome barrier ancientpower

does this all help???;412;;412;

Thats a palcity mew, its legit EXCEPT if it doesnt have a classic ribbon it is a hack

AceSe3don
1st January 2009, 5:33 PM
it doesen't have except that ribon I had From the Elite 4, so it isn't hacked

Mr.Twinkie
1st January 2009, 6:51 PM
Could I join this club as a Analyst or a Hunter. I don't like hacked Pokemon, we probably shouldn't even call them Pokemon.

Excitable Boy
1st January 2009, 10:26 PM
it doesen't have except that ribon I had From the Elite 4, so it isn't hacked

No... if it doesn't have the Classic Ribbon, it IS hacked.

Just forget about the Hall of Fame Ribbon entirely.

Sapphiredragon929
2nd January 2009, 1:38 AM
I would to join. My last post says that I have a grudge against hackers...

Happy New Year.

randomspot555
2nd January 2009, 2:11 AM
Could I join this club as a Analyst or a Hunter. I don't like hacked Pokemon, we probably shouldn't even call them Pokemon.

You may join, but please use regular/default font and size when posting here. Since this is a group that requires the analysts and I to read nearly every post, it makes it much easier.

AceSe3don, please stop posting in this thread. You are banned for ONE WEEK. After ONE WEEK is up, and you've read the posts that you were supposed to read, come back and make a Request-to-Join post.

Sapphiredragon, same to you.

To all others, I'm much too tired/lazy to shift through every single post, so any questions regarding questionable hacks, archive work, membership status, etc..., please PM me or contact me on any IM program listed in my profile.

A new and updated rules/FAQ/etc will be posted soon (because clearly many people are not even bothering to read it, so it'll be more cosmetically pleasing), and THEN I'll get around to conducting Analyst interviews.

EDIT: Magius, yes, you have to use the form, just like everyone else. It's much easier to read when everything is in the same format.

Mr.Twinkie
2nd January 2009, 12:49 PM
You may join, but please use regular/default font and size when posting here. Since this is a group that requires the analysts and I to read nearly every post, it makes it much easier.

So... What am I, an Analyst or a Hunter?

EDIT: Oops I saw your first post never mind.

randomspot555
2nd January 2009, 1:08 PM
So... What am I, an Analyst or a Hunter?

Please do not post here if you have no intention of reading the rules, titles, etc... And while I realize I erased them because I'm doing a major off-site overhaul, you should've read them BEFORE then anyway.

If you did, you'd know that to qualify as an Analyst, you also have to have the skills to hunt.

pirate555
2nd January 2009, 1:19 PM
Right, I'll start off with a couple of progress reports~

Date: 1st January, 2009
Information on the Pokemon: A shiny milotic - egg received as expected, however, hatched in the 'mystery zone' (I believe only currently accessible through AR) and the sheen is full.
OT/ID: OT Alec, ID 43211

And here's a hack, if ever I saw one:

Date: 31st December, 2008
Information on the Pokemon: A shiny Blissey, met at level 50 on route 204, and caught in a cherish ball.
OT/ID: OT Dawn, ID 38365

Pirate

randomspot555
2nd January 2009, 3:11 PM
pirate555, the Mystery Zone is accessible via the Tweaking Glitch. Also, just because someone used the Walk Through Walls code doesn't make the Pokemon hacked.

Mystery Zone is the default space set when a location for hatching/capture isn't specified in Pokesav, BUT if the Pokemon in question looks as any other hatched Pokemon should, then it's fine as long as the hatch location is within the Sinnoh area.

pirate555
2nd January 2009, 6:28 PM
Hmmm, I'll keep that in mind about the Mystery Zone next time. But I was most concerned by the sheen - Is it possible to max out a pokemon's sheen in every one of the five stats as had been done with this Milotic? I didn't think it was, though again, I may have overlooked something...

Pirate

Excitable Boy
2nd January 2009, 7:33 PM
No, it is not.

randomspot555
2nd January 2009, 9:33 PM
No, it is not.

It's possible to do it in Gen 3. Not in Gen 4. You'll have to go to some contest or breeding thread for more info for the specifics.

As for how we determine hacks, we'll decide on an individual basis.

slash_n_dash
8th January 2009, 3:01 AM
ill join ....

randomspot555
8th January 2009, 3:48 AM
ill join ....

You are banned from posting in this thread for one week. Please come back when you learn to read.

To all: I apologize for my general inactivity. The academic break has kept me quite busy. Rest assured, my organization/activity will have better time management once the semester starts on Monday. New/revised rules/FAQ will be posted off-site soon, and Analyst interviews to follow.

HOWEVER, I need you all to actually file reports, or discuss tips on finding legit or hacked Pokemon on the GTS...anything. This club does need to stay active, and I need you members to do it.

I did, however, make some progress. I PM/VMed everyone who I banned for 24 hours and invited them to make a proper Request-to-Join post since their ban was long since up, and informed those who I banned for 1 week to do the same once their bans are up.

Rules should be posted tonight...analyst interviews sometimes after that.

Thehackcatcher
8th January 2009, 9:52 PM
I would like to re join please now id like to be a hunter/event analasyt.
Nice job rondomspot on the club :)

A-Burrito
11th January 2009, 12:23 AM
I have been accepted as an analyst! so here are my first finds as one.

I was mostly targeting mew & Jirachi today

Mew

Date: 11/1/09
Information on the Pokemon: mew caught in a pokeball & japanese with the ID of 50716, which is right for a hadou(wave) mew.
Verdict: legit
Action taken: Kept as GTS bait

Mew

Information on the Pokemon: mew caught in a pokeball & English with the ID of 06930 & OT of MYSTRY, which is right for a MYSTRY mew.

Jirachi

Information on the Pokemon: Jirachi caught in a pokeball with the OT WISHMKR & ID NO of 20043, this is a Colosseum Bonus disc WISHMKR Jirachi (quite common)

Jirachi

Information on the Pokemon: Jirachi with OT AAAAA caught in a masterball
Verdict: Hacked, jirachi are ONLY events & caught in pokeball.
Action taken: Released

Mr. Joker
11th January 2009, 1:13 AM
Hi I would like to try again on joining. I want to be a hunter. I can also can be a good D/P/P event Analyst. Although I am not vary good at identifing events from: Leaf Green, Fire Red, Emarld, Ruby, Saphire, XD, and Collosume events. Thank you, I would really like to take part in the war agenst hacks on the GTS.

randomspot555
11th January 2009, 2:31 AM
Joker, you'll be added to the list. However, I'm denying you an Analyst position because you admit to not knowing about, essentially, 99% of the 3rd gen events. Knowledge of 3rd gen game mechanics and events is essential to being an Analyst here, because most 4th gen events have the Classic Ribbons and thus are banned from the GTS. Most events analyzed by this group will be 3rd gen.

You can still be a Hunter. And when you think you've gained enough knowledge, may apply for the Analyst position and I'll test you then.

Sapphiredragon929
11th January 2009, 2:35 AM
I would like to join. I would like to be a hunter, because even though I am anlyitcal and know a lot about pokemon and events, I would like a little less...erm responsibilty I guess is the correct term because I already have a whole bunch of things I need to take care of. I also think I fit that role because I have a whole load of events.

Thehackcatcher
11th January 2009, 5:07 AM
well since my name is on the list i guess i can post.....
I'd just like to say that A-Burrito makes a good analasyst and that i checked i he is 100% right so far good job!

status report

Regigigas

Information on Pokemon: Regigigas with OT nate caught in a masterball
Verdict: Hacked,cant get lvl1 regigigas yet
Action taken: Deleted

randomspot555
11th January 2009, 7:58 AM
well since my name is on the list i guess i can post.....
I'd just like to say that A-Burrito makes a good analasyst and that i checked i he is 100% right so far good job!

status report

Regigigas

Information on Pokemon: Regigigas with OT nate caught in a masterball
Verdict: Hacked,cant get lvl1 regigigas yet
Action taken: Deleted

You can get it in Platinum. If it's Japanese, it's legit. If it's not Japanese, you need to make it clear in your report.

Thehackcatcher
11th January 2009, 2:17 PM
oops sorry it was a diamond it said it was caught jan 2007 so ya
oops i just left that part out sorry.

p.s when are you going to send me a analyst test ?

randomspot555
11th January 2009, 2:21 PM
How do you know it was from a copy of Diamond?

The date is irrelevant.

Answer the question I asked: Was it Japanese? Was it a Japanese Level 1 Regigias with either Japanese text or English text (English text in Japan's games look like big block letters), or was it an English Regigias with English text?

EDIT: All analyst quizzes have been sent out except to thehackcatcher. After about a week or so, if I don't get a reply, the Probational Analysts will be demoted to Hunter, and can re-apply for an Analyst position when they become more active. After next weekend, any responses from Probational Analysts answering their quizzes will be disregarded, but they can take another one when they re-apply.

Thehackcatcher
11th January 2009, 7:32 PM
no it was english lvl1 regigigas with regular english text from canada.

sorry i left it out ok i was tired when i wrote it so im sorry for all the chaos that caused.(Yells at a pillow that looked at him funny) Glad i got that out of my system i feel much better now...

randomspot555
13th January 2009, 3:25 PM
Some reports to file on my mission to obtain full Dex entries:

Breloom
Date: Sunday, January 11 @ late evening
Obtained via GTS by offering a legendary.
Information on the Pokemon: Proper Pal-Park info from Hoenn.
Action taken: Check IVs. If bad, it'll be released.

Toxicroak
Date: Sunday, Jan 11 @ late evening
Information on the Poke: Caught in the Great Marsh.
Action taken: Check IVs, released if bad.

Hippopotas
Date: Sunday, Jan 11 @ late evening
Info: Caught in the Ruin Maniac Cave
Action taken: Check IVs, will release if bad.

Reminder to all Analysts I sent quizzes too: The due date is next weekend. I might end it Friday evening or Sunday evening or sometime between, but I'm leaning torwards earlier.

You must answer ALL questions. I thought that was obvious, but I don't want to have to clarify that again.

Applying for a specific area means you must answer the first quiz, and then I'll send you another quiz for your specialty.

All Archivists should contact me soon so I can assign some more work for ya.

To all: If you foresee yourself being inactive for a while, it's understandable with school staring up again and all. But please, try to inform me.

Suicunefan2341
13th January 2009, 9:17 PM
Hello everyone! I was considering doing this by PM, but have decided to do this publicly. I am resigning from the GTS guardians. This has nothing to do with what happended via PM, randomspot, I simply do not agree with how you are running the club. I can no longer sit and watch as you deny member after member simply because you don't like how they wrote out their "application" to join. I think that if you want to run the Guardians as such, this is fine, but I can no longer consider myself a member if this is how our policy is going to work. Firewall never denied anyone access unless the were deliberatly rude. Ever. As for the rest of you, good luck, and see ya around the forums...

Sincerly,
Suicunefan2341
Former Analyst, as well as member since June.

randomspot555
14th January 2009, 12:22 AM
For better or for worse, I'm not Firewall. The rules are not overtly lengthy (you need to read just as much, if not more, for SPPF and it's many sub-forums) and are the basics for the club. This is a club that requires some knowledge, patience, and organization. It's much unlike other clubs, because ours is an actual task, rather than merely discussing a topic, we're actively doing something about it. And if those asking to join don't read the rules, then there's little hope that they'll be contributing members to the Club. It also helps our archivists who strive to maintain and organize info. If it's in at least a somewhat similar format, it'll be easier to keep track of.

You have to post a certain phrase to even post in the Pokeshipping thread (and will deny people with increasing amounts of time if they keep posting without using the phrase first). The 24 hour ban is not extreme, since I originally wasn't clear in my intention, but the one week bans were for people who either continued to not read the rules, or just made no attempt to read them altogether. I also make it a priority to personally contact any of the temp bans to invite them back, because I do know that members can go from "lol d00dz" to constructive members. And if some shipping can do it, I think it's appropriate for me to ask the same.

To ask that the first post be a sentence or two also helps enforce the no one liners rule , which isn't my rule but SPPF's rule. So making it a part of the system here not only cuts down on spam, but will improve the club's reputation to staff as well. They do have the ability to shut down a club if it just becomes full of one-liners. It also works in that it tells me someone took the time to actually read the rules.

Yes, I post in a matter-of-fact way. That's how I am, but I make sure that I'm not trolling or flaming anyone. That's just not fair. I'm open to constructive criticism or comments of any kind in either the policy or enforcement of policy (PM, VM, or here), but I can't think of any reason the rules need to be changed (enforcement, possibly, but not the rules) because they're all for the best of the life of the Club.

I'll add you to the list, but since no one on the "ban" list has done anything deconstructive, I'll add a note that you are all welcome back at any time.

On another note:
The rules will also be slightly modified, but the latest one will be in the OP for a while. And some new reports coming from me soon.

On a lighter note: Please welcome a_person as a certified General Analyst.

Suicunefan2341
14th January 2009, 2:03 AM
Since I am no longer in the club, would you please remove my name from the members list? However, keeping me in the ban list is your right, as you are the owner.

Sapphiredragon929
14th January 2009, 5:06 AM
You still forgot me---v.v

Anyway's, Firewall... I managed to talk to her, she gave some really helpful tips!! And now I have her opinion, she thinks that you are a bit strict with membership. She never denied anyone (Except this guy who wanted to use hacks to get hacks....*stupid*). But then again, it is your club and some people just won't learn....I mean some "I'll join" are spams...

Anyway's I go after shinies, and regular pokemon. I think that they are more "fake pokemon" that are non-legndaries....and they go unoticed.

1. Kabutop's
Date: Last night
Information on the Pokemon:Shiny, Hatched on route 209, IV's are good.

2. Kingdra
Date: Last Night
Information on the Pokemon: Caught at route 224, Shiny.
Verdict: Hacked, Kingdra or it's pre-evolution's cannot be caught at route 224.
Action taken: Destroyed....

randomspot555
14th January 2009, 5:33 AM
words

I apologize. First day of classes have been hectic. In this case, when I do make a mistake and it's completely my fault, please, keep harassing me. I'll correct the list as soon as I finish this post.

As for the running of the club: I'll go so far to say that Firewall is welcome to take over the Club at any time. She is the founder, and that alone deserves respect for me to step aside and resume whatever roll she wants me to. That said, there isn't a single person who was denied membership that didn't read the rules (or if they did, didn't follow them), and they're still free to join after the old ban expired. What I'm doing is, I believe, what's best for the club. Like it or not, SPPF has a pretty liberal definition of what SPAM is, and I'd rather this Club not contribute to it at, because it puts not only my reputation, but the members' reputation, the clubs, and the Club forums at risk. The rules help reduce that, and also weed out people who just didn't read them.

But since largely, the criticism seems to be my supposed negativity, I revised the OP, but I'll say it here: I'll be ignoring the posts from first time posters that break SPPF/club forum/Guardian rules. They'll be reported instead. They're welcome to PM me, but if they've read the rules, they'll know why they weren't added to the membership list.

As for current members and rule breaking, I just hope that won't be a problem. So far, it hasn't been.

Thanks for finding those hacks. I'm trying to branch beyond Gen III events and find more "common" hacks, but they usually come with hard-to-accomplish trades. I'll have some reports to file tomorrow.

EDIT: Report time

Vibrava
Date: Offered on Tuesday, January 14, picked up on Wednesday Jan 15 2009
Obtained: GTS Trade; I made the initial offer
Information on the Pokemon: Route 228 at level 54, which is a Poke Radar exclusive one. Moves and ability check out
Action: Will check for IVs, keep if any good, release if not.

Jirachi
Date: 1/14/09
Obtained: GTS Trade via Search
Information: Level 100, poorly trained Negai Boshi event, had Pokerus.
Action: Traded for a Wigglytuff in the Trade/Battle chat.

Jirachi
Obtained: GTS Trade via Search.
Info: Pal-Park from Hoen, AAAAAA OT, in Master Ball
Action: Destroyed.

Celebi
Obtained: GTS Trade via Search
Info: Japanese Colo Celebi
Action: Bait
Edit#2: Please congratulate pirate555 on becoming a General Analyst.

pirate555
15th January 2009, 8:51 AM
A progress report or two...

Pokemon: Tangela (shiny)
Date: 14th January, 2009
Obtained: GTS
Info: Met at Level 17 on route 209.
OT & ID: Truth, ID - 21203

Pokemon: Riolu (shiny)
Date: 1/15/09
Info: Apparently met at level 52 on Route 225 =\
OT & ID: KYRIE, ID - 48625

Pirate

Thehackcatcher
17th January 2009, 4:40 PM
Hey i would like to say sadly do to personal resons i may or may not return for a long time i'd rather not say why so see you all later. To all members let your luck be stronge and your hearts in the right place so peace out ya'll........... :(

randomspot555
17th January 2009, 10:11 PM
Hey i would like to say sadly do to personal resons i may or may not return for a long time i'd rather not say why so see you all later. To all members let your luck be stronge and your hearts in the right place so peace out ya'll........... :(

That's fine and thanks for telling us. I'll put you as "Inactive" on the list, and I hope your life returns to normal soon.

As far as the Guardians goes, I have an idea.

Part of the "problem" of the GTS is you can only search for Pokemon in your Pokedex. The only way to have a Pokemon registered in your Pokedex are:

Capturing it, owning it, or evolving it from a capture (full dex with an entry).
Seeing it in the wild (No dex entry).

Basically, if you don't own various GBA games for the "dongle" method and Pal-Park, you miss out on a lot.

So to help us all out and be able to more fully search the GTS, we should trade with each other and gain dex entries.

There's a few ways to do this:

Hand out eggs for Pokemon that can breed.

In the case of non-breedable Pokemon (legends, Ditto), you can do a "Dex" trade. You trade it away and then trade it right back. Normally, I'd advise not to do this, but I expect everyone in the club to...you know, not steal Pokemon.

I'd like to come up with better rank names than "Analyst" and crap like that. Hunter is a good title, but everything else should get a fancy name.

So...got a name for this new rank (or to re-name any of the ranks)? Anyone want to participate in this rank?

Ideally, I'd like to have members "specialize" in certain areas for Dex entries. Legendary, starters, other non-breedable Pokemon, etc...

I'm also compiling a list of threads that are relevant to lurkers and to us. There's the hack-check thread, but what else would be useful to our cause?

EDIT: It has been a week, so I'm making final edits to the member list now. Those Analysts who passed the test, congrats. Those who didn't respond will have to answer a new quiz to be considered. If you see "Inactive" by your name, all that means is I haven't seen you in this thread. If you don't have anything to report, just PM me and say you are at least on SPPF, and I'll change it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Keep submitting reports so I can keep saying "good job" and making these huge, wordy posts.

pirate555
20th January 2009, 7:42 AM
I have a couple more progress reports to add this morning:

Pokemon: Jirachi
Date: 1/20/09
Info: Met at level 51 on route 229, caught in masterball
OT & ID: Yuuki (katakana) ID 07105

Pokemon: Meganium
Date: 1/20/09
Info: Apparently met at level 3 on route 202
OT & ID: HECTOR, ID - 47736

I'm also trying to produce some art for the club, but up to this point is not been going partucularly well! Hopefully I'll have something worthwhile to update soon ^^

And the dex entry assisstance seems like a good idea, particularly in the case of legends such as celebi when half of those on the GTS seem to be hacked... Can't think of a suitable name though!

Pirate

A-Burrito
20th January 2009, 11:37 AM
Date: 19/1/2009
Info: jirachi id no 30179 japanese (movie event)
Action: Kept as GTS bait.

its been slow going for awhile & have been busy so not too active

Thehackcatcher
20th January 2009, 6:32 PM
just droping bye here is a list of hacked pokemon ot: and id
(pokemon traded where hacks)
list made by pokecommunity

OT: ZERO #05140 (others too)
OT: Tumbly #48851 (others too)
OT: Mostafa #27423 (others too)
OT: YATES #23457 (others too)
OT: ASH #56701
OT: SETH #62592
OT: AAAAAA #19294
OT: Kal-El #27025
OT: Raphael #30197
OT: Jess #05240
OT: John #55181
OT: Demon #48189
OT: Axel #04451
OT: Raphael #30197
OT: ACE #60625
OT: Max #05650
OT: Kaell #45612
OT: Sacha #29762
OT: Tai #06983
OT: Elly #38442
OT: Jessica #19971
OT: NICK #34410
OT: (Japanese) #44976
OT: GUMBY #02377
OT: Flam #05013
OT: Russell #43153
OT: J.P. #12799
OT: Ramsey #48331
OT: (Japanese) #55555
OT: KOUTA #38127
OT: Brenden #40692
OT: Dawn #01209
OT: CHAOS #01793
OT: AARON #61357
OT: James #10365
OT: Russel #44153
OT: Blu #43695
OT: Kodewer #00666
OT: Karl #51073
OT: Imortal #40801
OT: Mac #38740
OT: XAVIER #14462
OT: Brendan #54592
OT: Blissey #47542
OT: Burnsle #12141
OT: Tony #52205
OT: Dawn #02270

Banned Friend Codes:
Pablo 2621 0019 5009

randomspot555
20th January 2009, 6:41 PM
just droping bye here is a list of hacked pokemon ot: and id
(pokemon traded where hacks)
list made by pokecommunity

Thanks for that, but unfortunately it doesn't help us much.

Many online communities have OT/ID#s of members who either scammed or hacked. But because we're working in a broader environment, individual OT/ID#s are largely irrelevant as long as they can be made in-game. What really matters is the Secret ID (which is how the game knows if a Pokemon is native to the game or not), but that can't be found out without hacking.

It's something to keep in mind certainly, but it's not a sure sign of any hack. We should have a few more pieces of info before saying hack/legit based off of an OT/ID#.

Thanks for the posts guys. Keep up the good work, and keep posting. I'd like a few more members around here and that we stay "active." The old thread had like 6 active members and dozens others inactive, and I think that can be prevented by just making sure you post a report or some info 1-2 times a week.

Excitable Boy
20th January 2009, 8:26 PM
I'd like to come up with better rank names than "Analyst" and crap like that. Hunter is a good title, but everything else should get a fancy name.

So...got a name for this new rank (or to re-name any of the ranks)? Anyone want to participate in this rank?

Sorry I haven't been more active.

Analyst - Examiner

Archivist - Recorder

Creative artsy fartsy hippie person - Bannerist

Use alternate names at your own risk!

pokemon_red_123
21st January 2009, 3:09 PM
Howdy everyone this club is awesome and i would like to help out and join i was woundering if i could be a us nds event specilast.(im good with d/p us events)
Thanks.

randomspot555
21st January 2009, 4:23 PM
PR123, welcome to the club. I'll submit a test to you over the weekend and, assuming you pass, will update the Member List with your new title.

pokemon_red_123
22nd January 2009, 1:26 AM
thank yall im just here to replace my bud the hackcatcher till hes better so ya'll won't regret recruiting me.
p.s. he told me to say hell be back in 7 days

Mrmagius
22nd January 2009, 11:53 PM
Sorry I haven't been more active.

Analyst - Examiner

Archivist - Recorder

Creative artsy fartsy hippie person - Bannerist

Use alternate names at your own risk!

Actually I think Analyst and Archivist are pretty good titles as they are and bannerist seems to imply that the person only makes banners. I think artists would be a fine title personally if we're renaming it.

Also, in the way of progress repots here are a couple of recent ones:

Jirachi
Date: January 20th 2009
Obtained: via GTS by offering a legendary.
Information on the Poke: Caught on route with a masterball and at lv3.
Verdict: hack
Action taken: destroyed.

Lugia
Date: January 22nd 2009
Information on the Poke: caught in Kanto, ordianry moves and looks to be caught by a trainer judging by the non event OT & ID.
Verdict: looks like a navel rock Lugia
Action taken: will use as bait

Jiachi
Date: January 22nd 2009
Information on the Poke: Hoenn, ordianry moves and looks to be a negai boshi Jirachi as it has the same ID and its name and trainer number are in japanese.
Action taken: will use as bait

randomspot555
23rd January 2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the report guys. I'm going to be relatively busy throughout the weekend, so if anyone needs me, PM might be best. Keep submitting those reports and title suggestions.

Thehackcatcher
24th January 2009, 10:07 PM
im back though its just my pals poke and not from gts i have a report.

Shaymin
Date: January 24nd 2009
Obtained: via Friend by offering a legendary.
Information on the Poke:cherish ball name japanese text ot japanese text id 07198 says recived from pokemon movie 08 ribon classic
Verdict: looks legit to me.
Action taken:????

pokemon_red_123
24th January 2009, 10:11 PM
im back though its just my pals poke and not from gts i have a report.

Shaymin
Information on the Poke:cherish ball name japanese text ot japanese text id 07198 says recived from pokemon movie 08 ribon classic

it looks legit to me. though im just good at us events so we need a senior analasyst.

Johnny Knoxville
25th January 2009, 12:29 AM
I'm back. Any chance of lettin' me in?

Mrmagius
25th January 2009, 7:14 PM
Shaymin

Yeah, its legit, congrats you just got yourself a legit shaymin!

Jirachi
Date: January 25th 2009
Information on the Poke: OT, ID & trainer memo match that of a regular Channel Jirachi that has migrated to 4th gen games
Action taken: More GTS bait :)

pokemon_red_123
25th January 2009, 9:55 PM
ya i was good on 1 report so far though japanese still yay
p.s nice job thehackcatcher on the good catch.

Thehackcatcher
28th January 2009, 9:12 PM
Date: sometime this month
Obtained: GTS trade @ lv 50
Information on the Pokemon: jp darkria, newmoon island, lv 50, masterball, ID 32558
Verdict: Hacked right?
Action taken: idk yet
if it was in japanese than it is legit the platinum darkrai event came out already.

randomspot555
29th January 2009, 1:38 AM
I made a slight revision to the OP. New members need to PM me first. Shinyray5, after you do that, I'll add you to the member's list.

I had a lot of cool ideas and side projects in mind for the club, but academics and other real-world issues take precedence over Internet/Pokemon. However, I'll keep things managed as long as you guys keep submitting reports and generate some good discussion. Honestly, it's not that hard because you've all been pretty good.

There is an announced Regigias event for the US in March. Like the Regigias event in Japan, it will not have a Classic Ribbon. So come March, we'll have something new to look for.

pirate555
6th February 2009, 10:43 PM
Apologies for my inactivity, I have no fair excuse...let me try and make it up with a couple of progress reports -

Pokemon: Shaymin
Date: February 5th 2009
Obtained: Traded by wi-fi
Information on the Poke: Level 20, met at the mining museum.

Pokemon: Mew
Date: February 6th 2009
Information on the Poke: Shiny, met at level 4 on route 202

Pirate

xXPorygonXx
13th February 2009, 4:38 AM
I would like to join the GTS Guardians as a Hunter/Analyst. I search the GTS all the time for rare events, and quite often I get hacks. I'd like to do what I can to help others not make the same decisions that I have, so by joining GTS Guardians I can help others by educating them.

luckyjirachi
22nd February 2009, 5:03 PM
Sorry about this post if it makes anyone angry.

I am not a member (duh) and have no wish to be a member, but there is one thing that you guys seem to be missing when it comes to hack checking, and that is cross PID IV compatibility. The way you guys are checking these hacks is crude, and while your motives are good, any person who is the least bit experienced with pokemon hacking can get by them as pass their pokemon off as hacked.

Ok, so what am I talking about?

Well, when a pokemon is generated in the game, it instantly generates IVs, and a PID. If I remember correctly, the PID determines nature and stuff like that. Now all naturally occurring pokemon in the game, besides glitched pokemon have valid PID/IV combos. But many hacked ones do not. The best hackers out there know how to get by this, but average joe with an AR has no idea what I am even talking about.

One other thing: in your rules, it says that you check the IVs of pokemon. What exactly does this mean? Do you regard pokemon as hacked if they have all perfect IVs? Because it is completely possible to get perfect IVs through breeding. also there are some lucky people who will get near-perfect IVs one legends, an example would be ss4 azelf's moltres (31 | 31 | 29 | 30 | 25 | 31) or clear's dialga (29 | X | 30 | 30 | 30 | 29), or my palkia. (IVs: 26 | x | 31 | 24 | 30 | 26)

randomspot555
22nd February 2009, 5:22 PM
You answered your own question.

Advanced hackers aren't using the GTS, at least not in the amount that "Average joe with an AR" is.

I'm very well aware of how IVs are generated, the PID-IV relationship, and what IVs are legally obtainable and how to obtain them.

But:

It only applies to wild Pokemon, not events or breed.

And most people don't have the ability to check the data of a Pokemon.

I'd appreciate if it any further correspondence is done via PM/VM.

To the club: Real life has taken up a lot of time recently, but despite that, we still have a few new members and you all continued to file reports. It's appreciated.

Mr. Joker
22nd February 2009, 6:12 PM
I appologise for the in-activity. Here are 2 new reports!

Pokemon: Mew (shiny) (name is in Japonese)
Date: Sunday, Feb. 22, 2009
Info: It is shiny (i beleve this is rare) and the Ot is named Steve, Level 100 and Arrived at level 100 from Hoenn. Cought in master ball
OT :& ID: Steve 58704
Verdict:???
Action: ???

I think this one is hacked but not 100% Positive

Pokemon: Celebi (Nicknamed: Celery)
Date: Sunday Feb. 22, 2009
Info: The Nickname,Cought in Hoenn on May 10, 2007
OT & ID: Westley 06986
Verdict: ???
Action: ???

I have no idea about the last one. Thanks!

randomspot555
22nd February 2009, 6:45 PM
Celebi can't be nicknamed, so it's hacked.

The Mew could be a Japanese Emerald Faraway Island Mew. But knowing it's EV distribution and IVs would be agreat help.

pika pika pikachu
23rd February 2009, 8:59 PM
Hello there!I would love to join the GTS guardians club.I request the role of hunter and have PMed randomspot555 about joining.If i am accepted i have obtained a deoxys that i would like to get analysed.

Thanks for your time

Thehackcatcher
24th February 2009, 12:43 AM
sorry bout that i had my own prblems to deal with for bit .
ill be in and out a bit but im back for now.

randomspot555
24th February 2009, 1:37 AM
Just a few reminders for all the hack hunters we have:

The Key Item for Darkrai was released for Japanese Platinum, so the Darkrai GTS ban has been lifted. The event Darkrai with the Classic Ribbon still can't be put on the GTS, but this means legit Plat Darkrais are on at level 50. This also means hacked Darkrais from D/P at level 40 can be found on the GTS, so be on the look out for those.

Shaymin's key item for Japanese Platinum is slated for a Wi-Fi release also. More info will be posted as it is released.

The US will be getting the Platinum Regigias early next month. Like teh pre-order Japanese Movie Regigias, it doesn't have the Classic Ribbon. It will be at level 100, in a Cherish Ball, and will know Icy Wind (among other moves). As a reminder, the TRU/Saikyo event Dragonite at level 50 ALSO doesn't have the Classic Ribbon.

Almost all legendary Pokemon of Sinnoh had the levels they're encountered at changed. So check the main site or Bulbapedia to note the differences. For example, the in-game Platinum Regigias is at LEVEL ONE.

Also, any newly admitted members, please PM me. I deleted all my PMs, and I haven't yet added you to the member's list. Just a quick PM with your user name and role.

Thank you all. I'll edit in some reports once I get home.

More edits: As you all know, Wonder Card Pokemon from the 4th gen can not be shiny unless always set to be shiny, IE Worlds Milotic. This applies to Manaphy from the Ranger games, kind of.

If you receive it in your game and hatch Manaphy in your D/P game, it will not be shiny and can never be. HOWEVER, if a Manaphy egg is TRADED to another game, it has the possibility of being shiny. This is due to a glitch in how wonder cards prevent shiny Pokemon from coming out.

I'll post a proper summary of what a shiny Manaphy frmo an egg should look like soon.

EDIT #1: Also some reports coming soon concerning Resort Area Magikarps and a possible shiny Platinum JApanese Darkrai.

Darkrai (2)
March 2, 2009
Obtained via GTS
Put up a shiny Uxie asking for level 40 and above Darkrai. I got this in return.;
D/P Japanese Newmoon Darkrai; on the second one, it was also English and got in a Cherish Ball
hacked
Destroyed.

And this is what a legit 100 level Magikarp looks like.

Magikarp
February 27, 2009
Obtained via GTS
Put up a Garchomp asking for level 100 Magikarp
Apparently met at level 100, Resort Area
Legit.
Probably will keep it.

Full Summary:
[Nature]
[Date]
Resort Area
Apparently met at Lv.# (can be up to 100)
Description
Description

EDIT AGAIN: I did some Darkrai searching both in the evening and in the morning/early afternoon. I noticed I was much more likely to receive Platinum Japanese Darkrai in the evening (when Japan has day-time) than in the afternoon (Japan is asleep, North America with hacked Newmoons are awake). So a tip for you guys. Same goes for Platinum Magikarps from the Resort area.

Mewtwo152
5th March 2009, 3:46 AM
Status Report
March 4, 2009
Pokemon Recived: Shaymin
LV 20 OT- Japanesee characters Met Dec. 19 2005(??? clock, I think) at Flower Paradise
Ball: Cherish
AT- awaiting evaluation

randomspot555
5th March 2009, 4:29 AM
The only Shaymins currently available are level 50 and are events. Also, Shaymin isn't allowed on the GTS.

bobo_dude16
10th March 2009, 10:39 PM
hi! i have just been approved to join this, and i have already found a hacked silcoon!

here is the description:
Date: It was transferred August 5, 2008, i forgot when i got it.
Obtained: GTS trade (to me), the description says he/she got it from Hoenn at lvl 100
Information on the Pokemon: Paula is the OT, the ID is 54154, shiny, stats seemed normal
Verdict: Hacked (verdict by me)
Action taken: none yet

Too Funk to Druck
14th March 2009, 4:50 AM
I've just been approved today, so here is my first Pokemon.

Date: 13 March, 2009
Information on the Pokemon: It is caught with a Masterball, and it says it was caught at Newmoon Island
Action taken: Using as GTS bait.

brisngr9021
16th March 2009, 3:39 AM
As a matter of intrest, how do you destroy the hacked pokemon?
Do you hack, get the nessecary pokemon, then trade them?
Just wondering :D

brisngr9021
16th March 2009, 3:39 AM

randomspot555
16th March 2009, 6:22 AM
My first Report:

Pokemon: Uindei(Arcanine)
Date: March 8th, 2009
OT: Wateudo(Katakana)
Information: Level 100; Calculated IV's have 31 Attack, 31 Special Attack, and 31 Special Defense with a Power of 66 H.P. Electric, has PkRS.
Action Taken: ???

Nothing prevents 31 IVs from happening. Pokerus isn't that rare. It looks just fine. Though I'd personally like to know if it's Pal-Parked or from Sinnoh.

Pokemon: Serebii(Celebi)
Date: Sometime in December
Information: Ageto 31121 is the ID wich is equal to that of Bonus Disc Celebi; Has 26 Special Defense, 31 Defense and 31 Sp.Attack IV's
Action taken: Trade Bait.

Hacked. Celebi can not be nicknamed.

If you're just typing in Serebii for fun, please don't. It makes it confusing when looking at them.

Pokemon: Celebi
Information: 10 ANIV, lv.99, Has a good nature with 31 IV's in HP Defense Sp.A and Sp.D which seems highly unlikely.
Verdict: I think this ones suspicious.

There's nothing in a GBA even't coding preventing decent IVs. As far as visible data goes, it looks fine.

Pokemon: Serebii(Celebi)
Information: Ageto 31121, IV's of 30 HP, 30 Attack, 30 Def, 31 S.A, 30 Sp.D, 31 Speed. The fact that it has near perfect IV's makes me wonder if it's a Pokesav.

Hacked due to the nickname of Serebii.

I've just been approved today, so here is my first Pokemon.

Date: 13 March, 2009
Information on the Pokemon: It is caught with a Masterball, and it says it was caught at Newmoon Island
Action taken: Using as GTS bait.

You need more info than that. What level was it caught at?

What?

You release them.

Too Funk to Druck
18th March 2009, 9:34 PM
You need more info than that. What level was it caught at?

It was caught at level 40.

I have two more:

Date: March 13, 2009
Information: States that it was met in the Mining Museum at level 20

Pokemon: Darkrai
Information: It's name is in English, and I don't think there is a English New Moon Island Event, caught at level 40

randomspot555
24th March 2009, 2:10 AM
Pokemon: Darkrai
Information: It's name is in English, and I don't think there is a English New Moon Island Event
Verdict: ?
Action taken: ?

If it's below level 50, it's hacked.

If it's 50 or above:

Japanese games can nickname Pokemon in English letters. However, the font is different, a bit more blocky. Compare the nickname font to your nickname font in a capture made on your (presumably) North American English game. If it's the same, it's hacked. If different, legit.

Also, Pokemon Platinum is now out in the US. As I progress through the game, I'll post what certain exclusive Pokemon have, as far as the summary goes. I can tell you right now that your starter says "Met at level 5; Route 201 (or is it Route 202)".

I'll post more reports as I progress through the game.

empoleon49
9th April 2009, 11:26 PM
oh yeah i am so in i will be a hunter if thats ok come on can i please join

empoleon49
9th April 2009, 11:32 PM
oh yeah my first report is this level 100 shiny mew it was met level 99 at route 205
i have a feeling its hacked....

randomspot555
16th April 2009, 11:39 PM
Ok, gang, some stuff about to be posted:

This club isn't keeping the momentum the way I'd like it.

That's partially my fault. I've been pretty poor at maintaining the member's list. And while I PMed people for the first few weeks to check on their activity, due to a lack of free time and forum lag, I just haven't been able to do that.

I don't want this to sound like a threat or ultimatum or whatever. I'm happy to continue running the club, but I don't have the time to do any of the side-projects that are stuck inside my head, or to check on members to insure that they are/aren't active. I can continue maintaing the OP and member's list (which would take all of 2 minutes), and posting in the thread, but that's about it.

(It seems liek when I ran it like a dictator, it got more posts :p should I do that again? just kidding)

So we've got a few options:

You all can become a bit more self motivated, I'll keep maintaining the OP and the off-site rules page. And appoint someone to help and PM/VM people to check on activity/lack of activity. This is what I'd LIKE to do, since checking on members is something I can't do. This way, I pass on some duties to one or two other members, we keep the same thread open and the club running with no downtime and don't have to deal with mod approval for a new thread.

(and whoever helps can get a new cool custom title!)

Or close the club and start it up as a Social Group. This might be the BEST thing to do, especially if activity is as low as I think it'll be. However, I don't know exactly how Social Groups here work and would need to look into it.

This club can be rebooted to a new thread and THAT user can maintain the OP and all that fun stuff and run it however they want and be the new owner. That's totally cool with me. But I don't want to force the reboot of a new thread, new list, etc... on all of you guys because it's kind of a pain. Mod approval, constructing a good OP and making sure it fits within the character limit, re-signing up all members, etc..

The last two options I don't like that much, because then I'm just passing ALL the duties onto someone else. And I don't want to overburden anyone. I just need a little help.

So if you all want to discuss option 1, I'd like to see (within this thread, I want it all done out in the open) who is interested in maintaining and encouraging activity from members. And as long as you use proper grammar and punctuation, and are active, you'd be fine with me.

As for options 2 and 3, we can discuss those if option 1 totally fails, or if someone REALLY wants to take over the entire club.

Too Funk to Druck
17th April 2009, 6:52 AM
I would be fine with helping PM members about activity. Although I don't post much (I've had wireless problems, so I couldn't use the GTS much, and I've been preoccupied with Platinum), I'd love to keep this club active.

randomspot555
17th April 2009, 7:00 AM
I would be fine with helping PM members about activity. Although I don't post much (I've had wireless problems, so I couldn't use the GTS much, and I've been preoccupied with Platinum), I'd love to keep this club active.

That's totally irrelevant, as far as I'm concerned. As long as you log in a couple times a week at least and are fine with PMing/VMing people after we haven't heard from them in a while, then you're on board.

I'll update the member's list sometime this weekend.

Any particular requests for a title?

Too Funk to Druck
17th April 2009, 7:13 AM
The Fwaaazam Master.

Excitable Boy
17th April 2009, 5:48 PM
I meant to post yesterday, but I guess the post never loaded or something.

Truthfully, I expected something like this.

Anywho, if the need ever arises, I could always remind some of the more inactive members of their club duties.

And no, I haven't forgotten about this club; however, with no reports being made with questionable verdicts, it is rather difficult for me to help out.

randomspot555
17th April 2009, 10:51 PM
I meant to post yesterday, but I guess the post never loaded or something.

Truthfully, I expected something like this.

Anywho, if the need ever arises, I could always remind some of the more inactive members of their club duties.

And no, I haven't forgotten about this club; however, with no reports being made with questionable verdicts, it is rather difficult for me to help out.

I'll leave that decision to Too Funk and let him use his judgment on if he needs your help or not (but thanks for volunteering, even if he doesn't need it).

Forums are laggy right now, but I'll update the Member's List during one of the graveyard shift times.

Too Funk to Druck
17th April 2009, 11:02 PM
Too Funk's a she by the way~

Well, I don't think the club has a lot of members, so I don't think I'll need to much help. As more members join, however, I'll probably need help.

Lucario625
26th April 2009, 1:45 AM
Attention GTS Gaurdians Volume 2 members! I am creating badges for everyone on the club, but there is one thing I need to know. Which pokemon should be the mascot? PM me with your vote!

randomspot555
26th April 2009, 2:36 AM
Attention GTS Gaurdians Volume 2 members! I am creating badges for everyone on the club, but there is one thing I need to know. Which pokemon should be the mascot? PM me with your vote!

I'd prefer to keep things public, as far as the club goes. Ultimately, I'm going to decide what the mascot will be, but I'll of course take what you all want into consideration.

I won't necessarily decide by what gets the most votes. There are 493 Pokemon. We could easily have a tie. But I'll decide who makes the best case.

This isn't the Debate forum, so it doesn't have to be a serious case like "I think Magnezone because he hates hackers." But you do have to make an entertaining point or two on why it'd be a good mascot. Be funny, be mad, be serious, whatever.

Too Funk to Druck
26th April 2009, 10:30 PM
I say Celebi. Because of the few events for it, you're more likely to find one that's hacked.

And for the PMing thing, is there a updated list of members I could use?

randomspot555
26th April 2009, 10:58 PM
I say Celebi. Because of the few events for it, you're more likely to find one that's hacked.

And for the PMing thing, is there a updated list of members I could use?

IT's updated as much as I can. Anyone who applied but wasn't added, please PM me.

Excitable Boy
27th April 2009, 7:45 PM
This is a message regarding activity in GTS Guardians. In order to know who is active and who is not, please post in the GTS Guardians whether you are active or not.

Thanks~
Too Funk to Druck

I'm active.

Emo_Kirlia
29th April 2009, 12:58 AM
I won't be active until around the second week of June reason being I'm taking part in the VGS in Tennessee and I have to give all my time to EV Training/Egg move breeding and don't have time for the GTS.
I would have posted earlier but I was having bad Server problems with this site. I'll edit my old posts later because I was so exited about joining the club and I got carried away over near perfect IV's and asumed they were Pokesav Pokemon. God I feel embarassed for that -_-.

randomspot555
29th April 2009, 1:02 AM
I won't be active until around the second week of June reason being I'm taking part in the VGS in Tennessee and I have to give all my time to EV Training/Egg move breeding and don't have time for the GTS.
I would have posted earlier but I was having bad Server problems with this site. I'll edit my old posts later because I was so exited about joining the club and I got carried away over near perfect IV's and asumed they were Pokesav Pokemon. God I feel embarassed for that -_-.

Thanks for the notification, I'll update the member list to reflect you too.

Anybody posting in this thread about their activity status, please make your post a bit more substantive than "I'm active/unactive." If you have nothing further to say, either a PM to me or Too Funk will do. But if you can say "I'm active,", then file a report or just...something semi-relavant to the club. If "I'm not able to be active", explain why.

Too Funk to Druck
29th April 2009, 10:11 PM
Date: 4/28/09
Information on the Pokemon: the OT is kING, and it says it was caught in the Flower Paradise at level 30. It also has a Japanese name.
Verdict: I'm going to say hacked because I'm pretty sure there was only one Shaymin event.
Action taken:

I PMed everyone on the list that was not listed as inactive, however I was unable to PM A-Buritto because it kept saying he didn't exist, and Mr. Joker does not take PMs.

randomspot555
29th April 2009, 11:12 PM
Date: 4/28/09
Information on the Pokemon: the OT is kING, and it says it was caught in the Flower Paradise at level 30. It also has a Japanese name.
Verdict: I'm going to say hacked because I'm pretty sure there was only one Shaymin event.
Action taken:

Level 30 is what level it's encountered in both D/P and Plat. The Key Item for it was recently released for Japanese Platinum.

If it has a Japanese name, it's probably fine. Japanese games can have English characters, including nicknames and OTs. Japanese English characters look a bit more blocky/awkward than the English characters in an English release.

I PMed everyone on the list that was not listed as inactive, however I was unable to PM A-Buritto because it kept saying he didn't exist, and Mr. Joker does not take PMs.

Does Joker take VMs? If so, try that. A-Burrito might've gotten banned or something of that sort, but I'll look into that personally.

Umbreon-dana
20th May 2009, 10:56 PM
Hello, fellow GTS Guardians, I'm a new Archivist and Creative Artsy Fartsy Hippie of the GTS Guardians. And as of this post, I should be a GTS Guardian.

randomspot555
21st May 2009, 4:57 AM
Unfortunately, even though Too Funk has done his duties, it has yielded exactly zero members to become active.

On top of that, I am getting personal, real-world issues. And it's no secret that the many plans I had for this club never really left my head, but I'm rarely able to get to the forums to update the list without lag, and when I do, I'm tired/forget.

Anyway, TLDR, I don't have the time to commit to this club that I did a few months ago when this thread was started.

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this thread, and I apologize for my harsh tone to everyone who was subject to it earlier in the thread.

If this thread becomes active with people talking about what they want to do to take over, then I'll leave it open so people can sort that out, and I'll help in the transition in whatever way I can. Otherwise, I'll request to have it closed. Even after/if/whne the thread gets closed, please feel free to VM/PM me if you want to discuss the future of the Guardians. I already posted my suggestions on what should be done, so I can't do much more than point you to a few posts above.

But, and no offense, and this is based not on cynicism but fact, this club hasn't had a very active membership. So I doubt that'll happen.

Once again, I thank you all.

Too Funk to Druck
21st May 2009, 3:35 PM
I figured this would happen. I'd make a new club, but as Randomspot said, not many people are active. Unless we could figure out a way to get more people to join, there would be no point.