PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Moon Club

Pages : 1 [2] 3

chihaya01
2nd March 2009, 1:22 AM
well I think the bird should fly away cus you left the door open...for a weird reason I think that might work

CHIHAYA01 GOT HIS INTERNET TODAY!

Feel free to say hi or something

Honsy
2nd March 2009, 4:55 AM
CHIHAYA01 GOT HIS INTERNET TODAY!

A...Are you referring to yourself in third person? *backs away*

Swordplay is fun!

Name a time swordplay isn't fun.

Nothing?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

chihaya01
2nd March 2009, 4:59 AM
...Yes I did...Its kinda fun at times

If you could add one more animal to HM, what would it be?
Pigs should be added to the game. I mean what farm do you know with out a pig?

riolulu
2nd March 2009, 5:26 PM
Rune Factory is good.
I have had it for a week now, and I am adicted to Dungeon Crawling and Farming mix.

Here are some of the cooler aspects:

oh my goodness thank you so much for that!!

It makes me want to buy Rune Factory! :love:

maybe I will for my birthday...

...Yes I did...Its kinda fun at times

If you could add one more animal to HM, what would it be?
Pigs should be added to the game. I mean what farm do you know with out a pig?

but what do pigs produce? bacon? Harvest Moon doens't raise animals for eating!

~riolulu

chihaya01
2nd March 2009, 7:04 PM
but what do pigs produce? bacon? Harvest Moon doens't raise animals for eating!

~riolulu

...thats true...Oh but it could be like a pet pig

Penguinist Trainer
2nd March 2009, 11:48 PM
Of course Harvest Moon raises animals for eating. There are plenty of fish dishes, then we have the egg and dairy products incorporated into the recipes.

I think if they added a butcher shop, it would add a new way to play the game.

riolulu
3rd March 2009, 1:55 AM
...thats true...Oh but it could be like a pet pig

yeah, that's true! A little pet piglet!

Of course Harvest Moon raises animals for eating. There are plenty of fish dishes, then we have the egg and dairy products incorporated into the recipes.

I think if they added a butcher shop, it would add a new way to play the game.

well there are fish dishes, but you dont raise fish, you just catch them. Egg products don't really count because they're not really alive.

I think that taking your cow or chicken to a butcher shop would be a little...harsh? I don't know, it's a kid's game and it seems like harvest mon wouldn't do that. Especially because you name all your animals.

~riolulu

chihaya01
3rd March 2009, 2:14 AM
I think that taking your cow or chicken to a butcher shop would be a little...harsh? I don't know, it's a kid's game and it seems like harvest mon wouldn't do that. Especially because you name all your animals.

~riolulu

Ya I don't think farm animals should be eaten...but if there was no fish in the game then you never wolud eat meat...and that would suck

Penguinist Trainer
3rd March 2009, 2:28 AM
Well you can keep fish in the pond in Friends of Mineral Town...I don't know if that counts as raising fish or not.

Though it may seem harsh eating your livestock or selling their meat, I did suggest that this would be risky because while the meat would be valuable, you would lose affection points with your animals, just like when they actually die in game.

I suggested this because animals can already die in game. Whether they get sick and you can't afford the medicine, or you just don't feed them. Say you run into a dry season where your crops don't do well. If you can't afford to feed the animals, you would have the option of at least making money off the meat so you could feed the rest of the flock.

I don't think of it as an entirely childish game. It is simple enough for a child to play, but I think it is more targeted for everyone. Not many kids I would imagine getting a kick out of doing chores. I see it more as for people who want a relaxing escape from the day to day lives we live today.

The same thing goes with pokemon, while it is simple enough for children to play it, the complexities make it interesting for even adults to enjoy.

Griffygriff98
3rd March 2009, 10:37 AM
Hello, can I join? I have been playing Harvest Moon for a looong time, and I currently play AWL, FoMT, and HMDS.

chihaya01
3rd March 2009, 6:01 PM
...one line post...thats bad!

But anyways in Friends of Mineral Town you can keep fish in a pond? I should play more Harvest Moon. Any other things I never knew about other Harvest Moon games?

riolulu
3rd March 2009, 11:52 PM
Well you can keep fish in the pond in Friends of Mineral Town...I don't know if that counts as raising fish or not.

Though it may seem harsh eating your livestock or selling their meat, I did suggest that this would be risky because while the meat would be valuable, you would lose affection points with your animals, just like when they actually die in game.

I suggested this because animals can already die in game. Whether they get sick and you can't afford the medicine, or you just don't feed them. Say you run into a dry season where your crops don't do well. If you can't afford to feed the animals, you would have the option of at least making money off the meat so you could feed the rest of the flock.

I don't think of it as an entirely childish game. It is simple enough for a child to play, but I think it is more targeted for everyone. Not many kids I would imagine getting a kick out of doing chores. I see it more as for people who want a relaxing escape from the day to day lives we live today.

The same thing goes with pokemon, while it is simple enough for children to play it, the complexities make it interesting for even adults to enjoy.

No, no, I agree with you about the children thing. It can be a realaxing game for older people to play. Plus, you're right, small children wouldn't be able to read and woudln't be able to play it too well.

And I agree with the whole 'if crops die how do you feed animals?' but Animals produce stuff you can sell, too. Like eggs and Milk and wool. I usually live off animals only in my harvest moon games.

I think a butcher shop that's only used for emergencies would be a little fun, as long as the game lets you know that you'll lose points and such.

I'm not trying to fight about it ^_^

~riolulu

chihaya01
6th March 2009, 2:38 AM
Oh Oh Chihaya is going to ask a new question

What new pet animal should be added to this games?

AceTrainerTim
6th March 2009, 8:36 AM

Mice... or rats lol

Hey guys, I've been unactive for a while, but you guys have kept this club going. Thanks :) :)... All off you active members go up a rank!! :)

Edit;;

If any of you guys can be so kind to seek out uninactive members and try to get them active again, Please.. :) :) And if anyone needs to be kicked, Message me :)

Penguinist Trainer
6th March 2009, 9:21 AM
As strange as this sounds, if I could have a new pet in Harvest Moon, I think I would want a penguin. I love penguins and I think it would be cool living in my fish pond. It would be a motivation to keep the fish pond filled at least.

I doubt this would ever happen though, mainly because it would break away from the whole farming simulation theme if they started introducing exotic animals. Then it would start getting wacky like the SIMS.

Honsy
7th March 2009, 1:17 AM
I'm gonna be bit less active in this thread, I've pretty much stopped playing HM for the moment, so I can't really take part in discussions.

I'll still be around SPPf, and I'll occasionally pop in to do co-owner stuff, but I just won't post as much.

Steelers_Fan
7th March 2009, 2:39 AM
The worst part about Rune Factory is that if you marry the owner of the Bath House, it glitches and u cant take anymore baths D:

But over-all its a great game!!!

Raikou_fan
9th March 2009, 6:41 PM
Sorry for the inactivity. I've just been really busy lately.

As strange as this sounds, if I could have a new pet in Harvest Moon, I think I would want a penguin. I love penguins and I think it would be cool living in my fish pond. It would be a motivation to keep the fish pond filled at least.

I doubt this would ever happen though, mainly because it would break away from the whole farming simulation theme if they started introducing exotic animals. Then it would start getting wacky like the SIMS.

I want to say there is a Penguin in ToT.... I'm not 100% sure though.. Idk why I think that anyway lol.

The worst part about Rune Factory is that if you marry the owner of the Bath House, it glitches and u cant take anymore baths D:

No more baths??? Ever??? Ew lol.

Chipmunk! Theres already a squirrel, so there should be a chipmunk too... I guess.... Is there a chipmunk already? I'm not sure... If theres already a chipmunk then I'de like to see a deer.

chihaya01
10th March 2009, 12:27 AM

There is a penguin. I can show you a picture or some of the pets in the game

http://www.bokumono.com/series/wakuwaku/animals/img/pet.jpg

Sapphiredragon929
10th March 2009, 5:31 AM

But over-all its a great game!!!

Wtf. Isn't Melody the owner? I can still take baths. Hmmm....

:|

Steelers_Fan
11th March 2009, 2:19 AM
Maybe its only mine, and i had it pre-ordered got it 8/14/2007. So it might be a glitch in mine. or your talking about Rune Factory 2

Zincspider
11th March 2009, 3:51 AM
Well, I have to say that I am getting freaking rich off a strawberries in Rune Factory.
I've been courting Lara with one each day... but I haven't been playing much since I got Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, a game I have been wating for for 2 years.

But, I am not to far into Rune Factory seeing as have been taking all my time getting rich. I'm over level 30 and still haven't beaten the second boss... maybe I should get to work.

I'm not worried about the bath house thing, seeing as I would feel awful stealking Melody from Camus (good guy). But how do you activate town events? I can't seem to do it. I keep walking around, and I have talked to everyone, but the only one to activate was the Scavenger Hunt. Can anyone help here?

OOC: Sorry for being inactive. I was still grounded.

chihaya01
16th March 2009, 9:45 PM
Ranch Story has some new wallpapers

Sugar Village

http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/?games/Harvest_Moon_Sugar_Village_and_Everyones_Wish/Wallpapers

Rune Factory Frontier

http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/?games/Rune_Factory_Frontier/Wallpapers

AceTrainerTim
17th March 2009, 8:54 AM
Well, the club has been going slow, but its still operational!! :D

Out of which of these animals would you most want ingame and real life!!

http://www.bokumono.com/series/wakuwaku/animals/img/pet.jpg

Real:

Ingame:

Penguinist Trainer
17th March 2009, 3:39 PM
Penguins plain and simple. In any game I would like to have a penguin. In real life, if I had a decent house with a pool in the backyard, I would love to have a pet penguin. Unfortunately, since it'll probably never happen, at least I live within driving distance of the New England Aquarium.

chihaya01
17th March 2009, 10:23 PM
Out of which of these animals would you most want ingame and real life!!

Real: I would like a Farret *I bet I selled ti wonrg! Look under the snake*

Ingame: Well if you know me *In real-life* You would know I want a penguin and Panda...also I think there is a pet monkey but that might be a lie....

AceTrainerTim
18th March 2009, 10:20 AM
You can check this link for pets :D
http://www.fogu.com/hm/animal_march/pets.php
Some pets have ingame videos/images.

And the furret is actually a Weasle,
I think it had the full list, and it has a baby panda, which is soo cute btw.
Heres whats on it :)
(also has farm animals)
Baby Cow
Cow
Baby Horse
Horse
Baby Sheep
Sheep
Baby Goat
Goat
Ostrich Chick
Ostrich
Chick
Chicken
Duckling
Duck
Silkworm
Beagle
Shiba
Border Collie
Great Pyrenees
Bear
Panda
Baby Boar
Orange Cat
White Cat
Black Cat
Rabbit
Black Rabbit
Squirrel
Weasel
White Weasel
Monkey
Tanuki
Emperor Penguin
Baby Bear
Baby Panda
Turtle
Duck
Snake
Frog

So yeah :)

chihaya01
19th March 2009, 10:36 PM
First member to reach S Rank Award goes to Riolulu!

Wow Harvest moon EAM has alot of animals, pets, and I thuink theres also a travling zoo so theres even more animals!

muumajii23
21st March 2009, 2:54 PM
Hey guys! I want to join!

I love the games, a nice alternative to action games. Something easy going. I enjoy games that have you live a life.

My games are Another Wonderful Life, and Tree of Tranquility. I did also download the original on virtual console, and I have a ROM of Harvest Moon 64.

Honsy
22nd March 2009, 1:48 AM
I have a ROM of Harvest Moon 64.

Yeah...it's probably best if you don't mention that.
Anyways, Accepted. Welcome.

(See? I'm not dead...yet.)

AceTrainerTim
22nd March 2009, 2:31 AM
See? I'm not dead...yet.
Yes, yes Honsy, I knows... :|
Lol

Anyway, welcome muumajii23, stay active and have fun!
And remember no one liners :)

Oh, and btw, on the list on post 277, it menions duck twince, and so I did a little research and apparently you have have farming ducks that produce duck eggs, and you can also have a pet duck, which most likely doesn't lay eggs.
The pet duck is also brown and a emerald green ring around its neck, I think theres a image in the site I listed before
(http://www.fogu.com/hm/animal_march/pets.php)\

Edit;

Games in the Harvest Moon Club Extras have been updated. How including, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (Wii)
Frantic Farming (DS and sequal to Puzzle de harvest) and WiiWare Ranch Store (WiiWare)

:D
And a member has been ranked up... :D

chihaya01
22nd March 2009, 4:27 AM
(For thoes who are to lazy to look at the front to see who got the rank up Me!

When did Harvest Moon Magic Melody for the wii come out!?!? I never new about the game and also WiiWare Farm Store is only available in Japan so we eather might get the game sooner in the futrue or might not ever be available in the amarican version wii. Thats the info I have today and hoping to get more soon!

riolulu
26th March 2009, 7:47 PM
First member to reach S Rank Award goes to Riolulu!

yay!!! =D Thank you so much!

hmmm I thought I had already posted here since the pet topic but I don't see it so I'll just go ahed and answer it here. ^_^

what pet animal should be added?

I like the thought of your dg having puppies or your cat having kittens. ^_^ Maybe you could find a mate to your dog or cat and work on thier relationship until you get puppies or kittens!!! =D That would be so adorable!

~riolulu

chihaya01
26th March 2009, 9:55 PM
I was playing IoH allday yesterday anbd I went from 30% to I think 41% or 49%. And while I was play I got a pet dog and the briged to the forest made and some other random characters moved to the island. I also met the harvest goddess, witch princess, and the two church people Roven and Ariella

I forgot there US names

Steelers_Fan
27th March 2009, 4:15 PM
What pet animal should be added?
Penguin definatly!
not only would it be cute, it'd also convince my girlfriend to come over more!
(instead of me going to her house)

Also sorry about being inactive, spring break lasted longer then I expected..

AceTrainerTim
27th March 2009, 11:22 PM
Um... There is a penguin in Animal March and ToT?

When did Harvest Moon Magic Melody come out!?!?
I don't know sorry ;(

two church people Roven and Ariella

Alisa & Nathan :)

Raikou_fan
28th March 2009, 2:29 AM
Sorry for the inactivity. I've been here, I just haven't seen a place where I really had anything to say. Anyway,

When did Harvest Moon Magic Melody come out!?!?

The one for Gamecube? Thats the real cutesy one with the characters with big heads, isn't it? It was released a few years ago... I tried it, but it was too small. There wasn't enough there, and I got bored. Also, I didn't like the graphics, they were really too bright for me.

Dunno if I've answered this yet, but I am now. =]

What pet animal should be added?

Chipmunks, Penguins, deer... And maybe a dolphin that lives in your pond!

chihaya01
28th March 2009, 4:00 AM
Works in: Island of Happiness
Hint
Effect: How to get a dog
How to: Have a high friendship with Mirabelle, and have the bridge to the forest built. On a rainy or snowing day she will tell you about the dog in the forest. she want you to go get it and bring it to her. After that she will give you the puppy!
Found by: Ranch Story

I posted that tip but I was thinking of fixing it a bit

Works in: Island of Happiness
Hint

Effect: How to get a dog
What you need:Have a high friendship with Mirabelle, and have the bridge to the forest built.
What happens: On a rainy/snowy day you use the bridge to the forest, Once you enter the forest, the event will start, You enter the forest then Mirabelle also comes to the forest. She askes you to helper find the puppy with her after you foind it you name it and she will take to you ranch
Found by: Ranch Story edited by Chihaya

Random Chaos
31st March 2009, 3:10 AM
I like harvest moon be date becouse it lets you raise a farm and date pretty girls Can I join?

Nami and Karin are the prittest

spongeaud
2nd April 2009, 2:32 PM
Well I finally got Rune Factory for wii now and Im loving it!
Oh and I have action replay and I used it on island of happiness I get infinite heath and stamina and max cash its cheating but it made the game way more fun now I have festivals and all the bridges now I just need Vaughn to love me!

pika247
4th April 2009, 11:11 PM
Can I join? Ever since my friend introduced me to A Wonderful Life, I've been addicted to these games since. Edit:The Harvest Moon games allow you to be more constructive than destructive. That's a really nice change of objectives, especially when you need to calm down.(guilty of being hyper when playing something like Resident Evil 4)

P.S. I hope this is better.

riolulu
5th April 2009, 4:25 AM
Try not to one-line, guys, please. :3 We like to keep this thread nice and...not spam. -___-

SO, I will post a topic:

What do you spend the most time doing while playing harvest moon?

ANDAND I think that we should spice this thread up a bit. Maybe something like...a graphic contest or something, I denno. What do you guys think?

~riolulu

Penguinist Trainer
5th April 2009, 6:19 AM

Typically, I spend most of my time perfecting my farm. I do what I can to make sure my fields are all clear, crops planted in decent formations, and tools upgraded as much as I can afford.

I try to do as many of the social events as possible, but unless I'm playing while I'm online as well, I'll usually forget when the events are unless I'm reading a guide.

I would be in full support of a graphics contest, but I probably wouldn't be participating, just because I really don't have any graphical skills.

AceTrainerTim
6th April 2009, 1:02 AM
Can I join?
Yes, accepted, Random Chaos welcome. Stay active and have fun.
And no one liners.

Can I join?
No sorry, you may if you fix that post up. No one liners :D

Oh and I have action replay and I used it on island of happiness
Thats cheating! Lol, please don't speak about it here in Sppf.

Maybe something like...a graphic contest or something, I denno. What do you guys think?

That good be a good idea.

We could set that up sooner or later.

Talking to people, getting there relations up. :D

And guys sorry for the inactiveness. I've been away, with no internet access, even ask Honsy, I haven't been on MSN in a while, Lol

chihaya01
6th April 2009, 8:05 PM

When im in my Farm/Ranch I would go feed my animals then brush them (Exept for my dog, I let it run around untill 8:30 PM) then I would water my plants and harvest the ones that were ready

In the town I would Go to the shop and buy anything I need Then go to the diner to get something to eat. Then I would go talk to some of the people (Mostly the fishing people)

Then when im not in my ranch/farm or in the town (Another island, Forest, Mountain, Mine ect) I would do what I can there or see if I can find items that are only in that area

P.S. I always pick weeds I see in any area im in

A contest sounds fun! I think its a great idea

The Contest stater award goes to, Riolu! (I just think of random things...)

Random Chaos
8th April 2009, 6:26 PM

Getting lost

I can never find my way around town, On DS I even got lost on my farm one time

Dos anyone know of an online walkthrough for the tree of tranquility?

chihaya01
9th April 2009, 7:14 PM
T-T WAHHH! My sister messed my IoH! I hate her now....

Happy Birthday Riolulu!

AceTrainerTim
10th April 2009, 1:20 PM
chihaya, sorry to hear your game was messed with.

Okay now, about this competion, how will it work.
Please put in your ideas.
E.g shoud it be a ingame comp, questionire, or a design thing.
Or one with different sections. eg. part one is the ingame comp, part two is the questionire and the final round is a design thing.

AceTrainerTim
10th April 2009, 1:22 PM
chihaya, sorry to hear your game was messed with.

Okay now, about this competion, how will it work.
Please put in your ideas.
E.g shoud it be a ingame comp, questionire, or a design thing.
Or one with different sections. eg. part one is the ingame comp, part two is the questionire and the final round is a design thing.

Penguinist Trainer
18th April 2009, 10:42 PM
That would be an interesting idea for a contest. I think the different sections would be very challenging.

For instance if there was an in-game competition, it could be something like "How long does it take you to reach X amount of dollars" or maybe "Ship X amounts of S crops/goods".

In regards to a questionnaire, we could have questions such as "How many potential spouses are in X", or maybe "Who's birthday is on X", or even "What event happens on X".

I think the design aspect would be the most interesting, primarily because it would give everyone a chance to show off their graphics skills. I will admit that I have almost no design skills, but I think its interesting nonetheless.

I think the only difficult thing would be how to judge something like that. Anyways, since I'm not active too much at the moment, I thought I'd at least throw my 2 cents in.

Honsy
22nd April 2009, 6:25 AM
ohai.

I've been really inactive.

I like the graphic design contest (mainly because that's the only contest I'd have a shot at).

For the judging, just appoint any people that aren't participating to judge.

AceTrainerTim
22nd April 2009, 8:29 AM
For instance if there was an in-game competition, it could be something like "How long does it take you to reach X amount of dollars" or maybe "Ship X amounts of S crops/goods".

In regards to a questionnaire, we could have questions such as "How many potential spouses are in X", or maybe "Who's birthday is on X", or even "What event happens on X".

Yes, but the problem with that, people may cheat... and also edit there answers and look it up.

And if every one got it right it would be not very useful at a round, its quiet easy to find the answer for say "When is X's birthday", and another fault is that for an in-game challenge all people taking part have to have the same game, since it 'could' be easier to make money in some games then others.

But i'm certain of having a "design" round, so yeah.

carmall
1st May 2009, 1:13 AM
Hello everybody! I was wondering if i could join please? My favourite Harvest moon games are More Friends of Mineral Town, DS Cute and I just bought Island of Happiness.

AceTrainerTim
1st May 2009, 8:04 AM
carmall, you may join, just next time no one liners.

:)

Sadly its going quite slow at the moment, but only because theres nothing to talk about, so feel free to post a new topic or new news about Harvest moon or Rune Factory.
Anyway, any more taughts about this competition?

riolulu
3rd May 2009, 3:30 AM
carmall, you may join, just next time no one liners.

Sadly its going quite slow at the moment, but only because theres nothing to talk about, so feel free to post a new topic or new news about Harvest moon or Rune Factory.
Anyway, any more taughts about this competition?

hiya all!!! Am I being too inactive? Just tell me if I am!

Oh the competition, why don't we do an art thing? Like fan art or banners or something? Or a drabble contest? The winner gets a graphic? Something like that? Cheating is close to impossible, here, and almost everyone can take a whack at it. What do you think?

aaaaand...here's a new topic!

What did you name your Harvest Moon main characters in your games?

=D

~riolulu

Penguinist Trainer
3rd May 2009, 3:41 AM

I typically pick the female characters, because I would like to have a daughter when I have kids. I typically name her Natalya or Olivia, because I think those are very beautiful names and I plan on naming my daughter one of those names assuming I have a daughter.

Honsy
3rd May 2009, 8:46 AM

My character's name is always; Honsy.

Wow. Lookit me, I'm so edgy and exciting. /sarcasm

Xashlei
3rd May 2009, 11:36 AM
Huh, joining this kept slipping my mind. Well, anyway, I'd like to join. My first Harvest Moon game was Back to Nature, and I primarily play because I like animals and having my character get married. Lets me relax, so it's one of the few games my mother allows to play during exam study breaks. Currently playing Tree of Tranquility on the Wii and waiting impatiently for Wakuwaku Animal March to be translated.

DS Cute / Tree of Tranquility: Sable (girl character), since I was reminded of the one from Animal Crossing with the brown hair. Plus, I like the name.

A Wonderful Life: Something around the lines of Mac. Was into Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends at the time.

Island of Happiness: Xash, shortened from my Nobody name / username here.

Save the Homeland: Elias, one of my favorite names.

Back to Nature: Jack. Default name, OTL.

More Friends of Mineral Town: Claire. Default name again, another OTL.

AceTrainerTim
4th May 2009, 8:07 AM
Yes Xashlei, you may join :)

waiting impatiently for Wakuwaku Animal March to be translated

Yes I think alot of people are doing that. :)

I name myself Tim [Hint AceTrainerTim Lol] in each game.

My Son, is different, currently its Ash, not based off the anime of Pokemon...

Okay.. the competition will be a graphic one, so;
please tell me if your will be taking part in this comp. :)

I am! Lol
So I won't be a judging the competition :P

Xashlei
4th May 2009, 10:21 AM
Answering old topic, because I want to. 8D

Feeding animals, watering crops, basic blablah. Mostly giving gifts to people though, I like scenes after befriending them.

Also, I'm getting Chase's confession soon, since he's already at 6 hearts. It just happens to be rainy (Summer 1 - Year 2). Aw man, I love that tsundere. |D Got Luke's and Gill's confessions already, so I'm wondering if I should just get all of the bachelors' before getting married ROFL.

The comics (http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/?games/Harvest_Moon_Exciting_Animal_March/Comics) from the official site (the site forementioned just fansubbed it) are making me even more impatient for Animal March... the Wizard and God look cool. Also the new protagonists, having 2 children, olawd. @__@ Anyone other than Tim agree with me? Haha~

As for the club contest, I lack skill in graphics. I just draw. ^__^ Well, have fun, participants.

chihaya01
5th May 2009, 1:35 AM
I read thoes comics alot! I wish thay would get a new one by now but oh well. Chihaya (Chase what ever!) is the best! If my Wii would work I would start playing ToT (I pre ordered the game and durring the waiting time my Wii fell ToT) and Merrey him!

ToT = Haruhi (I bet you know why...)

AnWL = Suu (There was no Shugo Chara at the taime! But I did like the name)

IoH = Mark (I did their normal names)

Xashlei
5th May 2009, 4:41 AM
I'm moving at hyperspeed with Chihaya/Chase's hearts. XD One day it's 4, the next, 5, then 6, then 7, now 8... I just need to ship 6 more dishes and get the Blue Feather then I'm all set to marry him. <33 (... Now I just wish my future kid wouldn't be so rude.)

Also, I found this account (http://s713.photobucket.com/albums/ww137/Coughdrop18/Harvest&#37;20moon/) with a ton of ToT / AM fanart. Mostly couplings, so enter at own risk?

Honsy
5th May 2009, 8:27 AM
I'll enter the competition, probably.

Any specific information for it?

AceTrainerTim
6th May 2009, 10:02 AM
Any specific information for it?

I think I will make it out like this...
And don't expect the actual thing to be like this below, but it may.

Round One:

Gender Switch
You will get a original Harvest Moon or Rune Factory person picture and edit it to look like the opposite gender.

So getting a picture like this;
http://www.fogu.com/hm6/img/chan3/villagers/celia_p300.png
and turning into male look alike.

Round two:

Signature Making
Make something suitable for signatures on this forum(e.g buttons, banners, images).
Every entry will be added to the Harvest Moon Club Extras selection.

Round three:

Huh?
The judges/or myself will post a picture and maybe a short story, then you would have to write a sentence on what the person ingame maybe said, or be saying, then followed by a conclusion.
(e.g if I post a seen of the hero in the middle of a bucket load of harvest sprites, and a text saying: After leaving the Bar, then stumbling around town, Mark see a little hut you burst in and then you're surrounded by Harvest Sprites, you then mumble; "??" you could write;

"What the... Little fairies... arg... I didn't know I drank that much" *Hiccup* "Fairies.. every where" and after that he collapsed on the ground with a bang, amused the harvest sprites danced on his unconsion body.)

All Entries will be PM'd to the judges to avoid cheating and the theft of ideas, so even if ideas are similiar we know one didn't take anothers members idea.

But if anyone wants something to be changed or added, they can consult with the members of our club and myself.

Honsy
7th May 2009, 10:53 AM
When will this take place?

I like the caption contest like thing. That'll tax my 'infinite' wit. *rolls eyes*

Xashlei
8th May 2009, 5:21 AM
Is it possible to just do a new drawing of the genderbended character on Tegaki? I really suck at editing actual pictures. o_o

On another ToT note, I'm getting married to Chase in 2 days in-game. <33 ... And I lol'd when I actually did the 20 more lumber request by Luke. I kept using it on buildings (lvl 3-5 house), and almost a year later he was still beat in the race. It's ridiculous, was he lazing all that time? XD

riolulu
8th May 2009, 1:42 PM
Now to answer my own topic...

In DS:Cute I named her Starr, and named my son Miku
in AnoWL I named her Jill and...I forget my son's name, I'll have to go play it again. *Hasn't played gamecube in forever*
in MFoMT I named her Fallen Starr and I do not have a child yet ~ *needs to play that game, too*

---

and and and I don't think I'll be entering the gender change contest because I cannot sprite or anything like that, unless you mean draw the person. I may make a banner or something for the siggy contest, though. When's the deadline?

~riolulu

AceTrainerTim
9th May 2009, 7:01 AM
With gender bend you can either sprite your own one, must look like the actual person though or edit the exsiting picture, I can supply most characters in harvest moon, just ask.

If you enter you have to do all challenges, even if you can't do it well.

The dates will be confirmed when we have at least one judge and three challengers.

Judging will be based on a score out of 10 on each part, the person with the top score at the end will win... a graphic, thing, lol

So far we have...

Judges

Challengers
~AceTrainerTim
~Honsy

riolulu
9th May 2009, 7:46 PM
hmm...we have to enter them all? since I can't sprite or alter, can I be a judge? I want to participate in this! =D I'd be glad to judge fairly.

Oh, and I played my AnWL today for the first time in a few months. My son's name is Chriss. <3 I also remembered something that I think I will share. In my first game, DS:Cute, the main characters name is Starr, as I mentioned. In my second game, AnWL, my character's nickname [that my husband calls her] is Star. In my third game, once I get married, I will nickname her Jil after my AnWL girl, but with the last letter taken off. I will continue this pattern as I get more games. ^_^ I just thought that was cool.....^_^''

~riolulu

Raikou_fan
10th May 2009, 1:19 AM
Hey, sorry for the inactivity. Just alot going on right now with the end of school. I just don't have time to get on like I used to...

Anyway, the sprite contest is a great idea! But like riolulu, I have NO spriting ability whatsoever. I'de be happy to help judge though, if we can use more than one.

chihaya01
10th May 2009, 4:30 AM
I'll also be a judge. Im not the best altering person...

Wahhh I lost IoH T_T Im havibg Harvest Moon problems!

Game Cube lost, Wii Won't work, IoH gone

sunny13
11th May 2009, 8:00 AM
May I join please?

I love Harvest Moon because I love taking care of animals and crops, it's also very great to start a life and have family.

I have MM, DS, DSC, IoH, AnWL, and MFoMt. My favorite would have to be More Friends Of Mineral Town. :3

(Also, if you do referals, I found this from the banner in Penguinist Trainer's siggie.)

Pom Pom
11th May 2009, 10:03 PM
May I join? I like HM games because they are a nice break from the common "Shoot em' up" games.

LavenderEyedNinetales
17th May 2009, 8:48 PM
Would it be alright if I joined? I love Harvest Moon games. As I've gotten older, I've really grown to appreciate how freestyle the games are. The only bad things I have to say about the series are that I wish that the worlds were bigger and that mining was slightly less addicting . . .

TheDarkOne
18th May 2009, 2:08 AM
Hey can I join? I love to play the game for the N64 and I have gotten the perfect ending in it to. I so play the GC one (Wonderful Life) but I lost the disk and im currently getting a new one!

AceTrainerTim
19th May 2009, 8:12 AM
Pom Pom, TheDarkOne and LavenderEyedNinetales you may join!
Welcome, sorry I took awhile, the when I checked the servers here were to slow to try checking, but anyway you're welcomed now, just on a small note, please no one liners its just because the club can, and will be closed if it continues unfortuntly...

sunny13, I didn't accept you at this time because it says your banned... but you may try again after your banned is up.
And heres the contest coming up.. So

Round One:

Gender Switch Points /15
You will get a original Harvest Moon or Rune Factory person picture and edit it to look like the opposite gender or sprite one of your own, but it must resemble a current in game person.

Round two:

Signature Making Points /10
Make something suitable for signatures on this club and forum(e.g buttons, banners, images).

Round three:

Caption Contest Points /10
The judges/or myself will post a picture and maybe a short story, then you would have to write a sentence on what the person ingame maybe said, or be saying, then followed by a conclusion.
(e.g if I post a seen of the hero in the middle of a bucket load of harvest sprites, and a text saying: After leaving the Bar, then stumbling around town, Mark see a little hut you burst in and then you're surrounded by Harvest Sprites, you then mumble; "??" you could write;

"What the... Little fairies... arg... I didn't know I drank that much" *Hiccup* "Fairies.. every where" and after that he collapsed on the ground with a bang, amused the harvest sprites danced on his unconsion body.)

Round Four

Story Time Points /15
You write down a short story about you're life on the farm in game, it should be judged on creativity, spelling and grammar.

All Entries will be PM'd to the judges to avoid cheating and the theft of ideas, so even if ideas are similiar we know one didn't take anothers members idea.

**To avoid loosing more members to judge, people taking part may choose 3 of the 4 parts of the contest...**

Thanks

Edit;
Harvest Moon Animal March is now Harvest Moon Animal Parade and it's due to be realeased in Fall 2009 in the USA, lucky ducks :|

Will you get Animal Parade when it comes out in your area?

chihaya01
24th May 2009, 2:43 AM
Will you get Animal Parade when it comes out in you're area?

T_T I don't think I will. My Wii still doesn't work and i'll just be sad that I can't play the game

AceTrainerTim
24th May 2009, 12:29 PM
T_T I don't think I will. My Wii still doesn't work and i'll just be sad that I can't play the game

Thats unfortuntant, but why is your Wii not working??

Now, does anyone know how long it takes to get copies of a Harvest moon game to be sold Australia, like does it take month or two waiting period before coming to Australia or does it come out in shops at the same time as USA or...?

Thanks. :)

For The Comp
Judges
Raikou_fan
riolulu

Challengers
AceTrainerTim
Honsy

** Remember now theres a forth part and you may choose 3 or the 4 parts so more people can be challengers. :)

maxx unlimited
25th May 2009, 7:42 AM
Oh my!
If I only knew about this club sooner...
I love Harvest Moon! I have IoH, MFoMT and also Rune Factory 2 if any of you guys know that game...
I got hooked as soon as I knew HM was about nature, and ever since, I've been a true, blue HM nerd. :D
I like peaceful things....
Can I join?

riolulu
26th May 2009, 1:19 PM
Oh yay, I'm a judge!

So, just to make sure I know exactly what is happening, contestants are sending entries to all the judges via PM? Or just to AceTrainerTim, who will send them on to the judges?

And c'mon guys, we need more participants! We only have two! :'c

and welcome maxx unlimited!! :3

~riolulu

Honsy
27th May 2009, 7:10 AM
Welcome maxx unlimited. (and the people from ages back I never welcomed. Damn, I'm inactive.)

Sorry to say Tim, but I may have to pull out. My copy of Photoshop is acting up. I'll try to fix it before the unspecified time when the comp is on, but I'll probably not be able to take part in it.

AceTrainerTim
27th May 2009, 11:10 AM
Oh yay, I'm a judge!

So, just to make sure I know exactly what is happening, contestants are sending entries to all the judges via PM? Or just to AceTrainerTim, who will send them on to the judges?

And c'mon guys, we need more participants! We only have two! :'c

and welcome maxx unlimited!! :3

~riolulu

Riolulu you don't have to be a judge, so you may be a contestant if you want.
Partcipants should send entries directly to judges, and about partcipants, we need more of them!!

Also, welcome maxx unlimited. :)
Enjoy your time here and have fun :)

My copy of Photoshop is acting up. I'll try to fix it before the unspecified time when the comp is on, but I'll probably not be able to take part in it.

Thats unfortunate, but if Honsy does pull out it will take longer to recuit more partcipants, as we need three or more to start/get the starting date.

riolulu
27th May 2009, 8:46 PM
Riolulu you don't have to be a judge, so you may be a contestant if you want.
Partcipants should send entries directly to judges, and about partcipants, we need more of them!!

Naw I like being a judge. :3

So after I get the entries what do I do?

~riolulu

Raikou_fan
28th May 2009, 4:09 AM
Judges
Raikou_fan
riolulu

Woohoo, I'm a judge! You may all refer to me a Mr. Judge from now on. Fear my awesome judgely powers!! Lol jk. =]

So I just wait for us to get enough entrants, then wait for all of them to send me the stuff, then I judge them.... Then what? And is there anything specific I should be judging them on, or just how they look?

AceTrainerTim
28th May 2009, 9:32 AM
Creativeness, Looks, Imagination stuff like that :)

After you get you PM from a partcipant you shall post a score and which challenage they did, only then at the end, you may repost the entries on here so every one can look.

Penguinist Trainer
30th May 2009, 2:00 AM
I'd be interested in the competition. I know I'm inactive a lot because of work, but this might give me something to work on after work.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to one-line. And yes, I would rather participate in the competition. I don't think I'd make a very good judge.

AceTrainerTim
30th May 2009, 2:13 AM
I'd be interested in the competition. I know I'm inactive a lot because of work, but this might give me something to work on after work.

Firstly, fix up your post, no one liners...! RAAWR!!

Now you may partcipant if you want to, but if you can help it, try not to be a judge please.

Edit;
Judges
Raikou_fan
riolulu

Challengers
AceTrainerTim
Honsy~Has techical issues for the moment.
Penguinist Trainer

And new sig :P Lol

Xashlei
30th May 2009, 12:41 PM
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade and Harvest Moon: Sunshine Island Kozunai
Thanks to Harvest of the Forums this was brought to my attention. As stated in the previous news post Natsume confirmed that they would be bringing Harvest Moon to this years E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) well now they have officially told us that they will be bringing Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, which we know as Harvest Moon: Exciting Animal March, as well as Harvest Moon: Sunshine Island, formerly know as Harvest Moon: Shining Sun and Friends. We will be keeping you updated with the news that we get from E3, which will be held in just a couple of weeks. As of right now they are scheduled to be released late this summer. Click below to go to their respective pages.

21 May 2009, 11:53 am
Yep, yep I'm looking forward to the E3 trailers, and hopefully they'll be released late Summer without issues. A bit late in bringing the news over here, but I'm pretty sure most have already heard. ~Just in case you missed it~ woop.

I've stopped playing ToT for a while. I guess it felt kinda sluggish after marriage.

AceTrainerTim
31st May 2009, 11:40 AM
Yep, yep I'm looking forward to the E3 trailers, and hopefully they'll be released late Summer without issues. A bit late in bringing the news over here, but I'm pretty sure most have already heard. ~Just in case you missed it~ woop

Thanks for that infomation, I have missed that...

I love and hate watching trailers, love them for just bringing previews and the best parts of the game but hate them for making me more impatient to get the game :|

Honsy
31st May 2009, 11:46 AM
Challengers
AceTrainerTim
Honsy~Has techical issues for the moment.
Penguinist Trainer

Penguinist Trainer

Finally, another challenger.

By the way, my photoshop is pretty much fixed now, the filters are acting up, but it's all good for all the things except for the sig part, so I won't do that one.

The caption contest could be fun though. Give me a chance to use my so-called wit.

AceTrainerTim
31st May 2009, 11:56 AM
Finally, another challenger.

By the way, my photoshop is pretty much fixed now, the filters are acting up, but it's all good for all the things except for the sig part, so I won't do that one.

The caption contest could be fun though. Give me a chance to use my so-called wit.

Okay, use your "wit". Lol

Now with that, I will make a starting date by tomorrow, afternoon (AEST/+10)
And make sure everyone is happy with it or around 19 hours from this post time. Lol

Honsy
31st May 2009, 12:02 PM
Okay, use your "wit"

Oh, I will.

tomorrow, afternoon (AEST/+10)

Wow. So specific. lol

AceTrainerTim
31st May 2009, 12:06 PM
Yes being very specific here. How many days, hours, minutes and then seconds should we have to complete the tasks?

I'm thinking 4 days, 1 hour, 30 minutes and 2.2 seconds.

Price shall be the thought of winning and a imaginary check of your chioce in the mail, and a sig thing. Lol

Honsy
31st May 2009, 12:10 PM
Price shall be the thought of winning and a imaginary check of your chioce in the mail, and a sig thing. Lol

Who's making the sig thing?

Also, I love the thought of winning, I've got good odds too, a 1 in 3 chance!

EDIT: Also, I find it funny that I still post here. Pretty much all my posts are irrelevant to any Harvest Moon games, just relevant to what's being discussed. I should start playing again.

AceTrainerTim
31st May 2009, 12:19 PM
DO IT OR RAAAWRRR, I mean...no ones forcing you.
lol

Doesn't every one have the chance of 1 out of 3.
The highest score you can get is 40/40 :)

Honsy
31st May 2009, 12:21 PM
Doesn't every one have the chance of 1 out of 3.

Exactly my point.

So, as per usual, I'll be making the winner's sig? What if I win? Does someone else make me a sig I won't use either?

AceTrainerTim
31st May 2009, 12:28 PM
I'll probaly make it... I've can do that stuff on Photoshop now... I think. Lol You can make one if you want, but I'm taking part aswell, so yeah. Or one of the judges can do it if they have the abilty to do so...

Raikou_fan
1st June 2009, 11:04 PM
Sorry, I'm going to be inactive for the next two weeks for vacation. I know it's kind of bad timing with the contest, but theres nothing i can do. If it will still be going on on the 14th, I'll still be able to judge. If not, it may be better to leave it up to Riolulu.

sunny13
2nd June 2009, 2:02 AM
Hey. I put up a request to be in this club about a week ago, but I got banned. :/ {Too large of a sig, nothing huge.}

My post is a few pages back, but I'll go again anyways.

I love Harvest Moon because... I just love it! Cows are also my favorite animal, so maybe that has something to do with it.

My games are:
- DS
- DS C
- IoH
- AnWL
- MM
- MFoMT

My favorites are MFoMT & AnWL. :) They are more... basic that IoH, and the more recent ones.

AceTrainerTim
2nd June 2009, 7:13 AM
Welcome sunny13, please stay active and have fun.

Sorry, I'm going to be inactive for the next two weeks for vacation. I know it's kind of bad timing with the contest, but theres nothing i can do. If it will still be going on on the 14th, I'll still be able to judge. If not, it may be better to leave it up to Riolulu.

Well if thats the case, riolulu may have to jugde by him/her self Lol.

But thats not a big deal :) Just as alone we have contestians.

Starting date will be...

5th of June, ending on the 10th of June... So is every one happy with that?

For those who haven't seen it...

Harvest Moon Club Contest

Starting 5th of June, ending on the 10th of June.
Round One:

Gender Switch Points /15
You will get a original Harvest Moon or Rune Factory person picture and edit it to look like the opposite gender or sprite one of your own, but it must resemble a current in game person.

Round two:

Signature Making Points /10
Make something suitable for signatures on this club and forum(e.g buttons, banners, images).

Round three:

Caption Contest Points /10

Round Four

Story Time Points /15
You write down a short story about you're life on the farm in game, it should be judged on creativity, spelling and grammar.

**Choose 3 of the 4 parts of the contest...**

Jugdes
riolulu

Partcipants
AceTrainerTim
Honsy
Penguinist Trainer
maxx unlimited

riolulu
5th June 2009, 9:47 PM
Well if thats the case, riolulu may have to jugde by him/her self Lol.

But thats not a big deal Just as alone we have contestians.

ima girl. :) and I can judge by myself, that's not a problem! =D

I also read over your post about what the contest entries should be, and I have got it down and am ready to judge. :3

So I am judging out of 40?

Oh, and for whoever's posting the harvest moon captions, I'll need the answers, since I do not know them that well myself ^_^''

~riolulu

AceTrainerTim
6th June 2009, 2:47 AM
So I am judging out of 40?

~riolulu

Gender Switch = Points out of 15

Signature Making = Points out of 10

Caption Contest = Points out of 10

Story Time = Points out of 15

And about the starting date.. does anyone don't know it started yesterday... So :) Ending on the 10th or if its going bad, the 15th.

Honsy
6th June 2009, 11:25 AM
Oshi- I forgot about it. I'm a day behind on...something.

I'll be doing The Gender Swap, Caption Contest, and the story...thing.

I'm assuming the Caption contest works a little like the caption contest thread in the games section? Someone posts a picture and we try to write something funny?

If so, someone post the picture already! lol

AceTrainerTim
6th June 2009, 11:28 AM
Lol... Don't worry you'll probly get 9 days to finish the comp... So... riolulu ciuld you post the picture for the caption contest.... Or I will...

Don't worry Honsy... I haven't start neither lol...

riolulu
6th June 2009, 11:02 PM
Sure thing, AceTRainerTim! I'll find a picture for the caption contest. :3

Also, if everyone could say what part of the contest they are doing here so that I don't get confused with who's doing what that would be great. :3

[s]***Will edit post here when I have picture***

alright guys here is the picture:

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/harvestmoon_022404_000_640w.jpg

when you caption it, please include it in your PM. ^_^ here is the code:

Also, please do not use names in your captions, as it may be a bit confusing. Say "boy" or "cow" and stuff like that. Thank you! =D

hint: you can even make the house or grass talk 8D if you want! Just be creative :3

~riolulu

Honsy
7th June 2009, 9:28 AM
Okay. I've submitted the caption contest now.

I'm working on the gender swap, and if I can get my filters working again, I'll do the sig.

maxx unlimited
7th June 2009, 9:03 PM
Hey, I'll enter the contest.
Sorry this is a little late....

So, gender switch first?
I'm ready when you are!

riolulu
7th June 2009, 9:50 PM
Hey, I'll enter the contest.
Sorry this is a little late....

So, gender switch first?
I'm ready when you are!

Right now, you can submit any part of the contest you want to me by PM. with the gender switch, you can chose any character from any harvest moon game you like!

Also, if you are going to enter the contest, please tell me which parts of it you will be doing. :3

~riolulu

AceTrainerTim
8th June 2009, 1:03 AM
Right now, you can submit any part of the contest you want to me by PM. with the gender switch, you can chose any character from any harvest moon game you like!

Also, if you are going to enter the contest, please tell me which parts of it you will be doing. :3

~riolulu

Yes, you may join the comp...

But you only choose 3 of the 4 parts, of any combination...

So if you will be joining the comp... It will be ending on the 15th
Lucky for us, eh Honsy?

maxx unlimited
8th June 2009, 2:52 AM
Ok then, I will do the first three rounds.

AceTrainerTim
8th June 2009, 4:56 AM
Please fix up your post!

No one liners.

Just remember to PM your entries along with the name of the part to riolulu.

Shes our own judge :)

riolulu
8th June 2009, 9:17 PM
oh, I'm sorry, only three ^_^'' Knew that....

yeah, just a reminder, monday the 15th is a week from today. :) So that no one forgets.

at the end of the contest, I announce the winners, but Ace, do I also say how many points each entry got aswell?

~riolulu

Honsy
9th June 2009, 2:56 AM
Yay. My first exam is done.

riolulu: I'll send in the signature entry later today (just so ya know). (I changed my mind. cbf doing the story)

AceTrainerTim
9th June 2009, 8:51 AM
riolulu you may say the points they got, or keep them as a secret for ever!! Mwuhahaha Lol

Plus you have the dreadful job our posting all of the entrys under a spoilers.
E.g

*Part Name*
Image/Story
Score:

*Part Name*
Image/Story
Score:

*Part Name*
Image/Story
Score:

Total Score:

But I think it will be better to tell us our scores.

Good luck every one!! :)

riolulu
9th June 2009, 8:37 PM
yeah I think I'll do what you suggested there, Ace. That form in the spoilers.

if anyone wants their entry to NOT be posted publically in this thread, please let me know!

This includes the amount of points they gained and/or the picture. Some people just aren't comfortable with that....so if you are in that boat please let me know as soon as you can. :)

~riolulu

Honsy
11th June 2009, 7:50 AM
Gah, I keep forgetting about it. Damn exams.

I'll try to make it soon, but...eh. If for some reason I don't submit the last part, post my entries anyways, they should be good for a laugh.

AceTrainerTim
11th June 2009, 11:01 AM
Oh well Honsy, you still have until the 15th...

And if any one is interested, heres a link to a site with pictures and some info about some up coming harvest moon games :)

http://www.fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109651

riolulu
12th June 2009, 10:57 PM
Hey guys, this is just a reminder, but the deadline is quickly aproaching and I only have two entries!!! D: Hurry uppp!!!

And thank you, Ace, for that link! It is very interesting. :)

~riolulu

AceTrainerTim
13th June 2009, 4:10 AM
Hey guys, this is just a reminder, but the deadline is quickly aproaching and I only have two entries!!! D: Hurry uppp!!!

And thank you, Ace, for that link! It is very interesting. :)

~riolulu

Yes... but only two... I've sent you two and I'm pretty sure Honsy has sent al least one :|

Lol

Only 2 more days to get all your entrys in.. :)

Remember only have to do 3 of the foiur arounds. :)

Honsy
13th June 2009, 4:56 AM
Yes... but only two... I've sent you two and I'm pretty sure Honsy has sent al least one :|

I've sent two.

I really need to make the sig...(I am definitely not doing the story. I had to write a story for my English exam. *shudder*)

riolulu
13th June 2009, 10:46 PM
I meant two people entered you sillies

and I got a PM from Penguinist Trainer saying that they will send in entries soon, so hopefully we will have at least three different people in the contest.

I am gonna start judging them now, too.

~riolulu

Penguinist Trainer
14th June 2009, 4:43 AM
I just submitted my last 2 entries for the contest. I wish everyone the best of luck. This was a lot of fun. I haven't tried to do anything graphical since high school and that was 7 years ago. I hope everyone enjoyed this as much as I did. I would love to try to do this again sometime. Maybe we can get some more participants, different competitions. Either way, it would be great to do something like this again in the future.

Note: also riolulu can you PM me to verify that you received all 3 of my submissions? I just want to make sure I sent them correctly.

AceTrainerTim
14th June 2009, 7:22 AM
I just submitted my last 2 entries for the contest. I wish everyone the best of luck. This was a lot of fun. I haven't tried to do anything graphical since high school and that was 7 years ago. I hope everyone enjoyed this as much as I did. I would love to try to do this again sometime. Maybe we can get some more participants, different competitions. Either way, it would be great to do something like this again in the future.

I will probly come up with more comp in the future. :)

I've sent all of my entrys. :)

But remember guys tomorrow is the dead line. Then hopefully on the 16th or two days from now riolulu will post the scores and entrys... Then I'll add them to the front page. If I can...

Recently I can only edit abit of the front page... If I edit to much it comes up with a error :|

I might go back to the front page and edit out the ranks, as I have gotten lazy catching up on unactive members and such... :( Lol

Honsy
15th June 2009, 10:03 AM
Good luck everyone. I sent in my last one yesterday (or something).

as I have gotten lazy catching up on unactive members and such... Lol

What kind of club owner are you? Pfft...I mean...er...a good one? >_>

riolulu
15th June 2009, 10:16 PM
Hey guys!

As you know, today is the 15th and we all know what that meaaaannnsss...

The winners are being announced!

First, I will show all the entries I received!

NOTE: if yours is not here, please do not yell and make a big fight :\ I got what I got, and if you had trouble sending then that is not my fault. Entry numbers are in order of when I received them.

remember, here was the picture:

~Entry one, by Honsy:

Damn. The cows are getting more action than me.

~Entry two, by AceTrainerTim:

"... Don't tell me you got down with the horse again."

"You know what happened last time!"

~Entry three, by Penguinist Trainer:

(Guy thinking to self)

Why is it that every time I pick up a girl at a bar she always turns into a cow in the morning??? To make matters worse she opens up the morning conversation with..."I'm Late..."

~Entry one, by AceTrainerTim:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1831/joehmcpng.png

~Entry two, by Honsy:

Edited: http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7534/competitionentry.png

Original: http://www.hmfarm.com/playstation/backtonature/images/smallkaren.gif

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8994/genderswap.gif

~Entry one, by AceTrainerTim:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1008/harvestmooncompbannerpn.png

~Entry two, by Honsy:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9694/97654238.png

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7595/bannerbsq.gif

Now, I will announce the amount of points each entry received!

caption contest:

gained 9/10 points!!! This caption was very funny, and realistic! I think I even lol'd when I read it! It did not get full points because it did not say who was saying it...the horse could have been saying it! However, that factor did make it a bit more funny, so only one point was subtracted from it.

gender swap:

gained 5/15 points. The edited version was very basic, and barely anything was changed. The face stayed completely the same, just the hair was chopped off. However, it gained 5 points rather than 2 or so because the crotch was shaded a bit more in the edited version and that's...realistic. ^_^'' So...yeah good job on that. :3

signature:

gained 10/10 points!!! This graphic, although not a banner, was very well put together and very cute! :3 I love the little HM in the corner and love how the black fades out from the bottom to top. :3 very nice job here!

caption contest:

gained 6/10 points! It was pretty funny! However, I didn't quite understand why it was in two different quotes...why not just make it all on one line? So that caused it to suffer some points, sadly....also it wasn't as funny as Honsy's XP

gender swap:

gained 15/15 points!!! You changed colors, faces, hair! You did a really good job on it and I am so impressed with it!

signature contest:

gained 7/10 points! The theme and idea of it were very very good, but the way you put the pictures together could've been cleaned up a bit more. Also, where you have 'club' and 'join now' it's a little clumped...like it says "harvest moon club join now.' A dash or something could have been put in between 'club' and 'join' to separate them just a bit more. However, it was still very good!

caption contest:

gained 6/10 points! The idea that you put across was funny and enjoyable to read. However, it was not portrayed in the clearest way, and punctuation was a bit overused.

gender swap:

gained 7/15 points!! The pictures are a bit blurry, and the bodies were just switched, no other edits were really made. This was a really good idea, but would have gained more points if it had been done just a bit more clearly.

signature contest:

gained 7/10 points! Your picture was pretty well made, and the idea was great XD The pictures were a bit distorted and blurry, though... :c

Winners tiiiiiime!!!

Winner of the caption contest:

HONSY!!! congratulations!!!

Winner of the gender swap:

ACETRAINERTIM!!! Congratulations to you!

Winner of the signature contest:

HONSY!!! Congratulations!!!

I hope you all had an amazing time in this contest, and again, congratulations to the winners!!!

~riolulu

AceTrainerTim
16th June 2009, 7:11 AM
A dash or something could have been put in between 'club' and 'join' to separate them just a bit more. However, it was still very good!

Yeah, I was talking to Honsy about that. Lol

Actually the scores are based on total points score.

Honsy:
24/35
AceTrainerTim:
28/35
Penguinist Trainer:
20/35

Either way.

Thank you everyone for partcipanting :)

And a special thank you for Riolulu

I'll add the signature things in the front page, although as I mentioned before if I edit too much it will come up with an error after saving...

I'll make a user bar in a little while for everyone :)

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1809/hmuserbar2comp.png (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/hmuserbar2comp.png/)[URL=http://img189.imageshack.us/i/hmuserbar2comp.png/][IMG]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1809/hmuserbar2comp.png[/IMG*][/URL*]

Honsy
16th June 2009, 8:13 AM
Honsy:
24/35
AceTrainerTim:
28/35
Penguinist Trainer:
20/35

I prefer to think of it this way:

Winner of the caption contest:

HONSY!!! congratulations!!!

Winner of the gender swap:

ACETRAINERTIM!!! Congratulations to you!

Winner of the signature contest:

HONSY!!! Congratulations!!!

So there.

Yeah, my gender swap was absolute crap compared to the others. But...I have an excuse: Exams. Yeah...>_>'

AceTrainerTim
16th June 2009, 9:18 AM
Yes, yes Honsy.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1809/hmuserbar2comp.png
(http://img189.imageshack.us/i/hmuserbar2comp.png/)http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1809/hmuserbar2comp.png[/IMG*][/URL*]

[URL=http://img36.imageshack.us/i/judgeuserbarpng.png/][IMG]http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/1565/judgeuserbarpng.png (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/hmuserbar2comp.png/)
[URL=http://img36.imageshack.us/i/judgeuserbarpng.png/][IMG]http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/1565/judgeuserbarpng.png[/IMG*][/URL*]

Anyway I edited my banner :D

Now I need to think of some text to go with it >.>

riolulu
17th June 2009, 3:44 AM
AAAAW THANK YOU FOR THE USERBARRRRR

I love it and I am adding it to my siggy now~!

And did you ever tell me I was doing it out of total points?

~riolulu

AceTrainerTim
17th June 2009, 6:52 AM
The highest score you can get is 40/40

Although, it was directly to you, nor very clear.

Um.. as for winners... I think Honsy should get it, as of riolulu style of judging, which was a winner of each round instead of an overall winner.

So I'll soon make a user bar for Honsy if he wants to use it...

And as for riolulu's user bar, Lol its not very Harvest moonish but it matched your current sig, so I made it like that, although Plusle and Minin look blurred...

Oh well ;D At least every one is happy... Although its unfortunate that MaxUnlimited did not partcipant in the previous contest. But not to worry, there will be more contests.

riolulu
17th June 2009, 10:37 PM
I noticed, and I think that was very considerate of you to make it match my siggy!! *hug* Thank you! I like it very much. c:

And I agree, I think that because Honsy won two rounds / divisions out of three, they deserve to win the overall contest. *sweatdrop*

~riolulu

Honsy
18th June 2009, 5:45 AM
And I agree, I think that because Honsy won two rounds / divisions out of three, they deserve to win the overall contest. *sweatdrop*

Whoo! Go me...or something.

Also, I'm good without a userbar. I like my current sig.

chihaya01
18th June 2009, 5:55 AM
Is the contest thing finish? Sorry ofr being inactive on the club

Aww Cute Birdy on the front page!

Also I play ToT a few days back and it was fun. Wish I got to play it longer tho. My will was also sent to Nintendo so I'll be bale to play ToT More and any other game that comes on Wii or DS that I might like

AceTrainerTim
18th June 2009, 7:01 AM
I noticed, and I think that was very considerate of you to make it match my siggy!! *hug* Thank you! I like it very much. c:
~riolulu

Yay hugs xD

Anyway since Honsy doesn't want a userbar, I'm in the clear!

Lol

Is the contest thing finish?

Yes, it finished on the 15th of this month.

I can't wait for AP to come out :D I don't know who to marry... Lol I like to plan out my game before getting it, making me more inpatient -.-' lol

chihaya01
23rd June 2009, 6:23 PM
New Topic Alert!

If you plan to get Animal Parade, Who are you going to marry?

Well with the Male Character I would pick Sheila for some unkown reason

Female character would be Chihaya again (Even tho hes cheap and gives ya Salt as a gift!)

AceTrainerTim
24th June 2009, 8:09 AM

Grr.. I've looked over this again, and again...

I need to elimate one of these...
Kathy
or
Candace ~ Blue Hair FTW

riolulu
25th June 2009, 8:41 PM

I would marry Chase! =D He looks like a girl... c; And he has a cute name! =D

click HERE (http://www.fogu.com/hm/animal_parade/bachelors.php) to read about Chase! =D

EDIT:

okay, I went on fogu, and I did major research about what else I can do on DS:Cute and here is my checklist of things I want to do by the end of the summer:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg45/lullu34/screenies/Picture2.png

I forgot if the third mine was open or not *sweatdrop* I don't think it is, but, eh....

SO yeah those are the things I want to do. Does anyone that has DS:Cute have any of these done and want to give me tips or tell me about them? Thanks!

~riolulu

chihaya01
26th June 2009, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know how I can get Mira to go to the Blacksmith? And tell me where she is cus I never see her in her houes but I still get kicked out...And I have a bunch of wonderfuls I want to turn into a jems and sell them...

Adn I also found two power berries! Yay!

riolulu
2nd July 2009, 9:08 PM
Does anyone know how I can get Mira to go to the Blacksmith? And tell me where she is cus I never see her in her houes but I still get kicked out...And I have a bunch of wonderfuls I want to turn into a jems and sell them...

Adn I also found two power berries! Yay!

I'm afraid I do not follow....^_^'' Could you explain what you mean a little bit more?

EDIT: In other news [and to get rid of that one-liner I just made DX] I am obsessed with More Friends Of Mineral Town now...I just picked it up and bought a new rucksack [one that holds more than three items] and am now working on making both Cliff and Gray like me at a red heart level. Then I will decide who to marry. My original goal was to marry Gray, so he's at green heart. However, when I met Cliff, I just loved his shyness XDDD So now he's at a purple heart. I can't decide!! D= any help here?

Other than than getting married in that game, I other goals are to put my horse and dog at maximum hearts [my dog is at 4 and my horse is at 5] and get a cow. [yeah, i still don't have one -___- ] so...yeah I have some work to do, but it's fun!!!

~riolulu

AceTrainerTim
3rd July 2009, 1:53 AM
In other news [and to get rid of that one-liner I just made DX] I am obsessed with More Friends Of Mineral Town now...I just picked it up and bought a new rucksack [one that holds more than three items] and am now working on making both Cliff and Gray like me at a red heart level. Then I will decide who to marry. My original goal was to marry Gray, so he's at green heart. However, when I met Cliff, I just loved his shyness XDDD So now he's at a purple heart. I can't decide!! D= any help here?

Other than than getting married in that game, I other goals are to put my horse and dog at maximum hearts [my dog is at 4 and my horse is at 5] and get a cow. [yeah, i still don't have one -___- ] so...yeah I have some work to do, but it's fun!!!

~riolulu

Good with that.. lol
Hmm Cliff vs. Gray, I not sure, just go with the one who looks the best or the one with the best atitude...

New Topic!

Which is better; Classic Harvest Moon Games or Newer Harvest Moon Games

Dragon Master Fiona
3rd July 2009, 2:14 AM
I would love to join. I've loved the Harvest Moon series every since I've played Harvest Moon on the original Game Boy. The game is very relaxing and I love the game to just relieve my stress. The games I currently have and obessed about is Harvest Moon DS, Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness, and Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon. Thank you for your time.

AceTrainerTim
3rd July 2009, 2:24 AM
Dragon Master Fiona, you may join, welcome to the club.

Remember no one liners and have fun while you are here. :)

If you missed some infomation. (Infomation from Ushi No Tane)
A new game Rune Factory 3, is beeing made, estimated 80&#37; development has been completed, but theres no specified console as of now.

And also, new Harvest Moon for DS = estimated 75% development complete

Dragon Master Fiona
3rd July 2009, 2:31 AM
I've heard about this from Ushi No Tane and thank you for letting me join.

I understand about the one liner thing.

The only new thing going for me in the world of HM, I'm currently trying to marry Denny and Vaughn in my two files of Island of Happiness.

Also, I'm currently trying to get ahold of a copy of Rune Factory 2. I love the series and I want to continue playing it.

So, that is pretty much it in the world of Harvest Moon at the moment.

riolulu
3rd July 2009, 3:42 AM
Good with that.. lol
Hmm Cliff vs. Gray, I not sure, just go with the one who looks the best or the one with the best atitude...

New Topic!

The problem is, They are both adorable, and I like both their personalities. Cliff is cute because he is shy, but when he's not, he's fun-loving and has a personality similar to my dream-guy. *floats* But, Gray was the one I was going for originally, and he is a bit cuter, and I like the challenge he presents, how he's all mean and "baaaah humbug but when I talk to him he opens up to me and is super sweet. ;)

So I like both!!!

and and that's super cool with the new HM games. ;) I'm thinking about getting a rune factory next year. Not this year. Too many games to play this year! D:

and to answer the topic:

Classic is better, as I've herd on Otaku, your wives used to cook you dinner and wait for you to go to bed before going and have lots of realistic things to say. But they are getting less and less real and more and more robot-like. D: So...yeah

~riolulu

chihaya01
3rd July 2009, 4:36 AM
What I ment was where do I go to get the event to meet Mira in Harvest Moon ToT. But I figured that out right after I asked here...

Uhh well the older ones were better then the newer ones but then the Newer ones had more people I wanted to marry.

Magical Pokemon
3rd July 2009, 5:13 PM
May I join?~desu I really love Harvest Moon.~desu I have been playing since I was six or seven, and I am now fifteen.~desu. The first Harvest Moon game I played was Harvest Moon 64 for the Nintendo 64.~desu. I rented it from bBockbuster, and then decided later that I wanted to own it permanently.~desu In that game it took me 7 years in-game to marry Elli, and I racked up a total of 10 years in-game.~desu

Here are all the Harvest Moon games I own, those I owned, and the ones I plan on getting.~desu

I plan on getting:

1) Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
2) Harvest Moon: Welcome! Wind's Bazaar
3) Harvest Moon: Shining Sun and Friends

I Own:

1) Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility (currently playing)
2) Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness

I have owned:

1) Harvest Moon 64
2) Harvest Moon 3
3) Harvest Moon: A wonderful Life
4) Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life
5) Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
6) Harvest Moon DS
7) Harvest Moon DS Cute
8) Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
9) Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town

I really enjoy playing Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility right now. I'm glad I didn't sell it. In my first file I didn't even make it to Summer of year 1, now, in my second file I'm flourishing. I'm in very late Fall of Year 1, and I expect to be married to Toby by Winter Year 1 or Spring Year 2. I have 2 chickens, a silkworm, a lamb, and a foal. I have a level 2 house with the most expensive double bed. And, I have completed all of Toby's heart events, except for the request event. And, I have completed 1 rainbow. I also semi-completed Ben's, because of the second and third rainbows being one, in a sense. I'm also nearly done with my third Rainbow recipe. I have completed both Darren's and Ben's rainbow recipe. I have found one powerberry.~desu

May I join now?~desu

AceTrainerTim
4th July 2009, 12:38 AM
Magical Pokemon, you are accepted.
Welcome to the club, have fun and remember no one liners.

Time to answer my own topic.
I like classic harvest moon game play, start a farm, get some stock, whoo a girl/boy... But now they make the game more challenaging by making us do stuff.
Now it sounds like I'm a lazy kid -.-'
lol

Magical Pokemon
4th July 2009, 5:02 PM

I'm actually not sure, since I started playing Harvest Moon right before they moved onto the newer games. I would say both, since I really enjoyed Harvest Moon 64, which was my first Harvest Moon game, and right now, I am enjoying Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranqulity.

In my Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranqulity I am now on the first of Winter Year 1, and all I need is one more ingredient to finish my third Rainbow recipe. I also got my first duck. And, I won the Harvest Festival with a shortcake that I bought at the Flea Market.

I need help in Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility. I cannot get to Toucan Island yet, because I have not yet finished Collin's Rainbow Recipe. But, one of the requirements is a banana, which, can only be found on Toucan Island. How do I obtain a banana?

chihaya01
5th July 2009, 12:49 AM
O_O You have to do the first rainbow to go to toucan Island so I don't know whats goin on there.

PS You don't use the rainbow for toucan island you go to On the Hook and talk the the sailor. (Forgot his name

Magical Pokemon
5th July 2009, 5:39 PM
O_O You have to do the first rainbow to go to toucan Island so I don't know whats goin on there.

PS You don't use the rainbow for toucan island you go to On the Hook and talk the the sailor. (Forgot his name

Sorry, I already got the answer from a Harvest Moon site I belong to. (Fogu.com/hm)

Now, I have a duckling and a calf. I named them Opal, and Maple, respectively. Now, I have three rainbows complete. And, I am working on befriending the panda and the mother bear. I am in the middle of winter.

And, I have completed Toby's request event, and he is at nine hearts. I have now met all of the requirements to get married, except I don't have the blue feather. I even activated the event where Hamiliton tells you about the legend of the "Blue bird of Happiness." The strategy guide said that the day after you activate this event you will get a cut scene with the blue bird of Happiness flying towards Caramel Falls. However, I never got that scene. And, the day after Hamiliton's event was the winter thanksgiving festival (Winter 10), and I am now on Winter 15th or 16th. Does the cut scene to obtain the blue feather not happen in Winter? Or do I have to get a level 3 house? And, I already bought the manual/book on parenting and the rattle.

chihaya01
5th July 2009, 8:31 PM
You need a lvl 2 houes and you have to wait a week or maybe two. Where can I find the panda bear? Iv been looking everywhere (Exept the Mountain I haven't got rid of the rock blocking the path.)

Magical Pokemon
5th July 2009, 10:44 PM
You need a lvl 2 house and you have to wait a week or maybe two. Where can I find the panda bear? Iv been looking everywhere (Exept the Mountain I haven't got rid of the rock blocking the path.)

Thank you.

It's in the back of the Pineapple Inn of Toucan Island. Go to the west end of the island when you first get off of the boat. And, then continue upward, right-going east. Soon, you will find a path you can go up.

Penguinist Trainer
7th July 2009, 12:35 AM
Here's something that I've been pondering over.

Is there a relationship between the Harvest Moon Gourmet and the Phantom Gourmet? I'm not sure which came first, but I noticed how both of them are decked out in a purple wardrobe and seem to be culinary experts.

If there is no relation, does the color purple have any significance to food?

It was just something that I noticed and was curious about.

Fatal.Melody
7th July 2009, 3:01 AM
May I join in the Harvest Moon love? I have loved Harvest Moon ever since I got More Friends on Mineral Town and now I have three additional games; Boy and Girl, Island of Happiness, and Magical Melody. I aim to get Rune Factory 2 one of these days. Never played any of the Rune Factory games before but my friend has insisted that I should play them.

Waterluu
7th July 2009, 8:44 AM
I would love to join. I first got addicted to the game when it came out on the ps1 and gameboy color (a million years ago, lol). So far Back to Nature is my favorite and luckily it came out on UMD for the PSP!
Thank you~

AceTrainerTim
7th July 2009, 8:57 AM
Fatal.Melody and Waterluu welcome to the club.
Have fun and stay active.

Here's something that I've been pondering over.

Is there a relationship between the Harvest Moon Gourmet and the Phantom Gourmet? I'm not sure which came first, but I noticed how both of them are decked out in a purple wardrobe and seem to be culinary experts.

If there is no relation, does the color purple have any significance to food?

It was just something that I noticed and was curious about.
I'm honestly not sure, good to think about though.

Waterluu
7th July 2009, 9:01 AM
Fatal.Melody and Waterluu welcome to the club.
Have fun and stay active.

Thank you very much.
Are the Wii versions any good? I haven't seen to much on them and some reason can't find that many reviews either...

AceTrainerTim
7th July 2009, 9:08 AM
Thank you very much.
Are the Wii versions any good? I haven't seen to much on them and some reason can't find that many reviews either...

Thats fine.

Harvest Moon ToT is, as I've been told very good.
As for a review.
http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/917/917081p1.html

http://au.gamespot.com/wii/action/bokujomonogatari/review.html?tag=tabs;reviews

Even if the review scores aren't that good, if your a true Harvest moon fan, you'll like it.

As for Harvest Moon Animal Parade, there aren't many reviews as it hasn't been releashed in English yet. But seems to be much better than ToT.

Waterluu
7th July 2009, 9:12 AM
Even if the review scores aren't that good, if your a true Harvest moon fan, you'll like it.

As for Harvest Moon Animal Parade, there aren't many reviews as it hasn't been releashed in English yet. But seems to be much better than ToT.

Ok, thanks. I have noticed to ignore the review score over the years, lol. I got a good portion of family and friends addicted to harvest moon now.
Thanks, I'll have to check it out later when it's not three in the morning.

Golde
7th July 2009, 9:40 AM
Hiya~

I may join...but I'm not sure yet. I don't wanna join unless I'm gonna be active. But I do have a question.

See, I've been playing More Friends of Mineral Town for, like, years now. And I really, really like it (I'm gonna be a mommy in a couple months XD) I'm kinda wanting to play another. But, like, I really wanna pick out a good one. And I'd like some recommendations from the bestests.

See, I don't like the whole "ending" thing (I have A Wonderful Life), but I liked the wide spread areas, as well as the interesting character designs (there weren't that many stupid ones, like, Taro from the island one X[ He was stupid looking. I don't have that one, btw). The game was also pretty simple to understand. Like, there were only 3 makers, instead of like, 27. And it was all really straightforward and easy to understand.

I'm leaning toward the Island of Happiness or whatever it's called. But, it seems overcomplicated (sun points, water points or whatever) but I'd also like to know if it shows how many each plant has of those points or how many it needs or whatever. Or how easy it is to understand. But I'd also like to know which one had the mine that you fought crap in. Which one was that, srsly?

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Waterluu
7th July 2009, 9:52 AM
Hiya~

I may join...but I'm not sure yet. I don't wanna join unless I'm gonna be active. But I do have a question.

See, I've been playing More Friends of Mineral Town for, like, years now. And I really, really like it (I'm gonna be a mommy in a couple months XD) I'm kinda wanting to play another. But, like, I really wanna pick out a good one. And I'd like some recommendations from the bestests.

See, I don't like the whole "ending" thing (I have A Wonderful Life), but I liked the wide spread areas, as well as the interesting character designs (there weren't that many stupid ones, like, Taro from the island one X[ He was stupid looking. I don't have that one, btw). The game was also pretty simple to understand. Like, there were only 3 makers, instead of like, 27. And it was all really straightforward and easy to understand.

I'm leaning toward the Island of Happiness or whatever it's called. But, it seems overcomplicated (sun points, water points or whatever) but I'd also like to know if it shows how many each plant has of those points or how many it needs or whatever. Or how easy it is to understand. But I'd also like to know which one had the mine that you fought crap in. Which one was that, srsly?

Help would be appreciated, thanks.

I highly recommend Island of Happiness and you fought stuff in Magical Melody if I remember correctly. Also if you have a psp or thinking of getting one I also recommend Harvest Moon Boy and Girl, a remake of an older Harvest Moon: Back to Nature.

Golde
7th July 2009, 11:22 AM
No, I have a DS. Does IoH end? And that allows both male and female players, right? Also, is everything straightforward and easily explained?

AceTrainerTim
7th July 2009, 12:34 PM
No, I have a DS. Does IoH end? And that allows both male and female players, right? Also, is everything straightforward and easily explained?

Since you are replying, you are accepted in the club, but please, please, this is for everyone no one liners.

You can play both genders.
Honestly, I didn't like IoH, for these reasons.

This DS version of the Harvest Moon series relies entirely on the touch screen for interactivity. You must use the stylus pencil to move your character's direction, pick up items, and interact with the other people on the island. The buttons and directional pad are only used for equipped tools

The difficulty level of the game has increased. Your crop profits depend heavily on the unpredictable weather, relationships are harder to build, and new building construction can be incredibly expensive. The old way of upgrading farm tools has also been redone, as increasing your tool's strength comes from attaching Wonderful Stones to it

Instead of collecting 101 Harvest Sprites like in Harvest Moon DS (and DS Cute), Island of Happiness encourages you to develop the island in order to lure various people to move in. There are over 90 people to "collect", with 70 of those being faceless characters that require you complete tasks to unlock.
Quotes for Ushi No Tane

Some people will disagree.

But, if you liked mFoMt, I suggest Harvest Moon DS cute

Which is like a ds version of mFoMt, in a different town and with different people, and if you really liked a guy from Mineral Town you can even marry them, through connecting up to your GBA game. Plus I don't think DS cute ends, I'm not sure about Ioh though....

Honsy
7th July 2009, 12:44 PM
I also recommend Harvest Moon Boy and Girl, a remake of an older Harvest Moon: Back to Nature.

No. Don't.

It's worse than the original. It gets all stretched out and has been badly optimized. The original is better, put the original onto your PSP.

Some people with disagree.
Hell, I don't.

IoH was terrible. That's right. I said it.

Also, Hi. I'm finally replying to this thread.

Zincspider
7th July 2009, 1:14 PM
Gack.
Sorry for not coming to this for a while. To be honest, I had even forgotten about it.
But here is what I have to report on Harvest Moon, ever since I have been gone:

.... moooooo......

Yeah, that about covers it.
I lost my DS for quite a while (in fact, I found it yesterday... good timing), and when I did find it, I played Ninjatown. But I have the urge to go kill things in Rune Factory now.....

Xashlei
7th July 2009, 2:17 PM
So I have Rune Factory 2 now. I've kinda left it alone though, the series is kind of slow IMO, and fighting monsters is just another chore. Any tips on how to make this more fun?

Not much time, so doing easier topic. ;D
Definitely planning on getting it. They have a cute bachelor/ette set, and their island looks positively amazing. D:

Male (ToT): Candace, Harvest Goddess
Female (AP): Chase, Luke, The Wizard (TBH I want to try each bachelor...)

It's going to be hard how to use my 2 files. My sister's going to use one for herself also, so... ugh.
... I'm still not used to calling it Animal Parade.

Golde
7th July 2009, 6:27 PM
Since you are replying, you are accepted in the club, but please, please, this is for everyone no one liners.

You can play both genders.
Honestly, I didn't like IoH, for these reasons.

Quotes for Ushi No Tane

Some people will disagree.

But, if you liked mFoMt, I suggest Harvest Moon DS cute

Which is like a ds version of mFoMt, in a different town and with different people, and if you really liked a guy from Mineral Town you can even marry them, through connecting up to your GBA game. Plus I don't think DS cute ends, I'm not sure about Ioh though....

I don't think it is a one-liner, I mean, I asked like, 3 relevant questions. But whatever. And I'm probably going to get DS Cute then (or the other DS one, the one with the male, whatever...:p). And....well, if you're gonna accept me against my will...I guess I'll stay :| I was gonna join anyway if you'd give me a minute.

No. Don't.

It's worse than the original. It gets all stretched out and has been badly optimized. The original is better, put the original onto your PSP.

Hell, I don't.

IoH was terrible. That's right. I said it.

Also, Hi. I'm finally replying to this thread.
Got it. I thought it looked that way.

Fatal.Melody
7th July 2009, 7:19 PM
Thanks, for letting me join. ^^ I wouldn't recommend Boy and Girl though I have it and I didn't play with it much. The graphics of the game confused me a lot and it seemed rather difficult to play for me.

Waterluu
7th July 2009, 8:06 PM
No. Don't.

well, I still rather enjoyed the game. Sure they were kinda lazy and could have done a better job on the graphics but I think it's great considering the lack of PS1 out there.

The only reason I like IoH is because it was something different. It is harder and takes longer to do things, but it's easier to get the people than what you think.

Magical Pokemon
7th July 2009, 8:19 PM
Me and Toby are getting married on Spring 1, in Harvest Moon games that is New Years' day. :o However, that will be my Wedding anniversary. So when one more year passes in the game. Is there an option for New Years' Day or does the game just register New Year's Eve? If the game just register's New Years' Eve can I just pick the option for our wedding anniversary?

The reason I am asking this is, because I remember in Harvest Moon 64 I married Elli, and our wedding anniversary was on her birthday. And, then I think in another game it was our child's birthday along with our wedding anniversary.

Also, in Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility; I know have a calf, my horse reached adulthood, my duckling reached adulthood, a level three house, and a kid (a goat).

Waterluu
7th July 2009, 8:28 PM
Me and Toby are getting married on Spring 1, in Harvest Moon games that is New Years' day. :o However, that will be my Wedding anniversary. So when one more year passes in the game. Is there an option for New Years' Day or does the game just register New Year's Eve? If the game just register's New Years' Eve can I just pick the option for our wedding anniversary?

The reason I am asking this is, because I remember in Harvest Moon 64 I married Elli, and our wedding anniversary was on her birthday. And, then I think in another game it was our child's birthday along with our wedding anniversary.

Also, in Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility; I know have a calf, my horse reached adulthood, my duckling reached adulthood, a level three house, and a kid (a goat).

I would imagine that you would celebrate it on the same day just at different times. Have your anniversary around noon-ish and the new years celebration later. But this is just a guess, I've never had that problem before.

Golde
7th July 2009, 8:29 PM
Usually, on big holidays like new years, it just postpones your wedding. By coincidence, me and Cliffs wedding also fell on New Years, and was postponed to Spring 2nd. At least, that's how it worked in MFoMT. However, on birthdays and stuff, I think it just stays that date.

Waterluu
7th July 2009, 8:32 PM
That is an odd situation. Well, after it happens you should come back and tell us if it got post-poned or if you lose the holiday all together :P

sunny13
7th July 2009, 8:45 PM
I joined this club a while ago... and I really didn't post much because I wasn't playing HM anymore.

Well, I recieved a PM to be active or I am out of the club. Now I have a strange urge to play MFoMT & Magical Melody. I'll be back when I'm done playing.

Sorry for being inactive.

Magical Pokemon
8th July 2009, 2:03 AM
That is an odd situation. Well, after it happens you should come back and tell us if it got post-poned or if you lose the holiday all together :P

Well, it seems that New Years Day itself is not celebrated within Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility, so I did get married on Spring first, and luckily the entire day is not wasted. I am on Spring 1 Year 2 at 10:00 a.m. .

Golde
8th July 2009, 2:10 AM
K.

DS Cute seems to be just a fusion of AnWL and MFoMT. Am I too far off there? And this whole, sprite saving thing seems asinine and retarded. Is it?

Also, does it have the same overall feel of MFoMT? Like, is it as fun? More fun, less fun? Anything irritating I should know about?

Zincspider
8th July 2009, 2:59 AM
Well, seeing as it is a Girl version of DS which was a DS version of AWL, but with the addition of MFoMT bachalors, I have to say:
No

I didn't enjoy DS nearly as much as FoMT, as the controls were weird, and collecting harvest sprites was the most annoying thing I ever had to do. Having to play the dang wash minigame on all your animals each day, to get the full effect, was a washout too.

So, it's a decent game, but not nearly as good as FoMT, or MFoMT. Cute or not.

Golde
8th July 2009, 3:08 AM
:(

In that case I may hold off then. Some of these Wii games look Ok. Whatabout that one for the Wii? Tree of Tranquility or something? How does it stack up to MFoMT? Since that seems to be the best game ever.

Thanks for the advice, all.

Magical Pokemon
8th July 2009, 5:30 PM
:(

In that case I may hold off then. Some of these Wii games look Ok. Whatabout that one for the Wii? Tree of Tranquility or something? How does it stack up to MFoMT? Since that seems to be the best game ever.

Thanks for the advice, all.

I recommend getting Tree of Tranquility, in the beginnning it is kinda hard, however all you have to do is farm, and fish and soon you will flourish.

chihaya01
9th July 2009, 1:37 AM
All the games are stupid in a way. I can make many examples I only played like 4 harvest moon games. ToT takes up somuch energy when you fish, IoH Well I don't have to say(Walking..) , Rune Factory 2 just annoying to me, and AnWL felt to easy and had only 3 guys you could marry. And after every time it gets harder! They made AM/AP a bit harder cus now we have to ring bells with weak little fary people that have been sleeping for who knows how long. Uhh Why am I talking about things I don't like in game??? Guess it randomly came up!

AceTrainerTim
9th July 2009, 2:09 AM
What a debate we have here!
:D

Anyway, I've been playing IoH again, and I need to know, does grass need water? >.>

I remember that in other games you just water it until its fully grown then you can leave it. Because in the game most of my grass died. >.<

Fatal.Melody
9th July 2009, 2:28 AM
Yeah, grass in IoH needs water. It's going to take awhile for it to fully grown unfortunately. ><

TheFarmboy
9th July 2009, 2:30 AM
Mind if I join this Club? I'm a fan of these games since AWL in 2004 :D

Funny I stumbled upon this page :P

Golde
9th July 2009, 2:44 AM
I didn't even water my grass in MFoMT. I just have a big patch of it up in the north border/between my crops, to prevent weeds. It grows on its own.

And yes. Debating. It ended on me somehow getting the perfect HM game years ago, and am just gonna stick with that.

I finally have 8 Elli Grasses...time to tackle the Spring Mine! X)

AceTrainerTim
9th July 2009, 9:07 AM
Lol..

I mean't after the grass is fully grown...

TheFarmboy you are accepted into the club, remember to say active and have fun.

Yeah, grass in IoH needs water. It's going to take awhile for it to fully grown unfortunately. ><

Maybe your screen doesn't show much, but no one liners...
I maybe usful infomation, but it is still a one liner...

Even this would do;
Yeah, grass in IoH needs water.
It's going to take awhile for it to fully grown unfortunately. ><

Xashlei
9th July 2009, 3:31 PM
Me and Toby are getting married on Spring 1, in Harvest Moon games that is New Years' day. :o

Congratulations on your Harvest Moon wedding!

And Golde, I second how Magical Pokemon and Chihaya said ToT is tiring for the most part, but it's probably the small stamina bar in the beginning and how fast the time passes. You'll have about the time to do one chore an afternoon (the morning is almost strictly watering crops and raising animals, but maybe I was just too big a work nut):
-get to Toucan Island to fish
-harvest stuff around the area
-go mining
-talk to all of the villagers / go to your pet of choice
It's not like Harvest Moon is a rushed game though, you can choose what to do first. Personally I was on a rainbow-crafting rush at the start to get more villagers and places. xD

Fatal.Melody
9th July 2009, 4:35 PM
Maybe your screen doesn't show much, but no one liners...
I maybe usful infomation, but it is still a one liner...

Even this would do;
Yeah, grass in IoH needs water.
It's going to take awhile for it to fully grown unfortunately. ><
Really? Dang! I had thought one-liners were just one sentence.
Well, better to learn now then later.
I'll be sure to keep this in mind.

As for the grass when it's fully grown...
I've no idea. ><'

KnightofRawr
9th July 2009, 4:42 PM
Hey everyone, I don't know if I should join the club because I don't know how often I will have time to post but for right now could yall answer a question for me?

If I want a Harvest Moon game for the DS, out of all the choices, which one would be the best to get?
I used to have FOMT and I loved it!
And right now I own IOH but the controls are really annoying and I just lost interest in the whole thing.

Magical Pokemon
9th July 2009, 5:04 PM
Hey everyone, I don't know if I should join the club because I don't know how often I will have time to post but for right now could yall answer a question for me?

If I want a Harvest Moon game for the DS, out of all the choices, which one would be the best to get?
And right now I own IOH but the controls are really annoying and I just lost interest in the whole thing.

If you want to play as a male character I suggest Harvest Moon Ds. However, if you want to play as a female character this time I would suggest Harvest Moon DS Cute. In both of the games the gameplay is expansive. (Meaning, there are tons of stuff to do, even after you beat the story line.) And, the controls, in my opinion, seem to be easier, and I think you would enjoy playing one or both of those games.

KnightofRawr
9th July 2009, 5:10 PM
If you want to play as a male character I suggest Harvest Moon Ds. However, if you want to play as a female character this time I would suggest Harvest Moon DS Cute. In both of the games the gameplay is expansive. (Meaning, there are tons of stuff to do, even after you beat the story line.) And, the controls, in my opinion, seem to be easier, and I think you would enjoy playing one or both of those games.

Yeah I have been looking at both of these for awhile now.
In these can you move by using the direction pad? Because in IOH it was the moving by touch screen ONLY that ticked me off.

Waterluu
9th July 2009, 9:27 PM
Yeah I have been looking at both of these for awhile now.
In these can you move by using the direction pad? Because in IOH it was the moving by touch screen ONLY that ticked me off.

you don't have to use the direction pad for those
IoH just decided to be different and be a pain

sunny13
10th July 2009, 1:59 AM

CUTE. There are a ton of glitches in the normal DS one. I'd think It'd be worth it to play as a girl if you aren't one, but it's your decision.

MFoMT is my favorite HM game, as it is with many others, and I enjoyed Cute almost as much.

I know what you mean, I hate the controls in IoH. It's kept me from going any further than year two. >> Which stinks, because other than that I love all the aspects of the game. They need to at least give us a choice in Sunshine. (It's wierd seeing everone on Fogu say "Sunshine" because that's my name. (: )

I actually picked up my old Cute today, and I am so close to getting married to Gustafa, I can taste it. This will be my first marriage in any game, besides AnWL, where it forces you to marry, and it's really easy. So I am really excited. :D

I just need to get him up about 11,000 more LP (Easy, hot milk is easy.)and get 22 more sprites (Not so easy.).

I really hate the sprites in this game. I've wasted half of the Autumn season trying to get the hidden patches ones, and not one so far. GR!

Enough ranting... xD

AceTrainerTim
10th July 2009, 7:18 AM

Both actually, but not to the extent to IoH.
On the touch screen you just have the DS' buttons within the menu's. (D-pad, A,B ect.)

There are a ton of glitches in the normal DS one.
I think, it depends on which cartirage you get. (Like old version, new version)

Although the glitches aren't that bad...
One gives you a billion gold :)

Plus, Bugwarrior, you may aswell join, since you're replying and posting.

muumajii23
10th July 2009, 5:13 PM
Just a random question...

Do you prefer to go the livestock route, or the agricultural route?

I prefer to go with crops, although I do have a couple of animals. I find crops a lot more fun to make money from...

So ya, how about you guys?

KnightofRawr
10th July 2009, 5:16 PM
Plus, Bugwarrior, you may aswell join, since you're replying and posting.

Fine I'll join, but I can't garentee that I will be active. *shrugs* atually if I decide to get the game I might post a lot about it.

I actually like a mix of both. At first when my tools are normal and not upgraded I find it easier to go with animals. And because of that I seems to get a lot of animals. Then later on in the game when my tools are up a few levels I start to grow crops. Thus giving me a healthy mix of both.

Waterluu
10th July 2009, 5:55 PM
I actually like a mix of both. At first when my tools are normal and not upgraded I find it easier to go with animals. And because of that I seems to get a lot of animals. Then later on in the game when my tools are up a few levels I start to grow crops. Thus giving me a healthy mix of both.

I'm the same way, but for me normally later on I start growing more crops than having animals because I find it more tedious to milk 7 or 10 cows a day. Where as if you have your watering can lvl high enough then it makes having multiple plants a breeze ;420;

sunny13
10th July 2009, 10:57 PM

As much as I love animals, I have to agree with Waterluu, it is tedious milking 7-10 cows daily (espeically w/ the touch screen).

I usually have and equal amount of ducks, chickens, cows, and sheep, four of each. I have yet to go farther into the game where you'd have to get 10 of each.

IMO, crops yield better profit faster. I perfer them, but I just cant play HM without some animals. (:

Magical Pokemon
10th July 2009, 11:35 PM
In Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility can you get an upgraded tool box, or buy a bigger tool box? Because my original one is running out of room.

I always do both. Since, those are your two main ways of profit

Penguinist Trainer
11th July 2009, 1:36 AM

I tend to start the more agricultural route, mainly because it's cheaper. But then after a full season has gone by, I'll start bringing in animals to my farm. By then, I've typically upgraded most of my tools, bought the "extra tools" (shears and such) and I've got more than half a full stock of food, so when I bring the animals, they are not so much of a burden as they would be in the very beginning.

chihaya01
11th July 2009, 2:18 AM
In Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility can you get an upgraded tool box, or buy a bigger tool box? Because my original one is running out of room.

Uhh I never saw one in the store (And I have it at 3 stars) but I never look at what they sell in the carpentry so look there. and If they do have it their yay! Cus mine is full to.

Xashlei
11th July 2009, 7:02 AM
I'm fairly certain there isn't a larger Tool Box in Tree of Tranquility. We really need more storage, but in Animal Parade for some reason they made it smaller instead.

I do both, but considering how you don't have enough money for a chicken (or a coop) at the start of a game, agriculture always comes earlier. Later on I'll get full livestock, until I don't feel the need to earn that much anymore.

AceTrainerTim
11th July 2009, 9:28 AM
Fine I'll join, but I can't garentee that I will be active. *shrugs* atually if I decide to get the game I might post a lot about it.
Thats fine, Bugwarrior... I can put add you knowing you may be unactive.

Both. Normally just starting off with crops first, then slowly upgrade to chickens or ducks, then cows. Although, in recent games, I'm been copping more with livestock more often, because of the weather point things. When it rains lucky you, no watering for the day, but now rain to much and bad crops -.-'

Also Waterluu has been upgraded to regular member. :)

Honsy
11th July 2009, 3:33 PM

Heh. You seem a bit reluctant there.

Agricultural. I can't be bothered getting livestock. Lots of sweet potato > Cows/chickens/insert another animal.

Waterluu
11th July 2009, 6:32 PM
Also Waterluu has been upgraded to regular member. :)

yay!
Thank you very much~

Sapphiredragon929
11th July 2009, 6:46 PM
Livestock. :D I love animals, and even though you make them disappear, they're still fun while they're with you. :D CHICKENS. <3

Magical Pokemon
12th July 2009, 1:25 AM
I'm fairly certain there isn't a larger Tool Box in Tree of Tranquility. We really need more storage, but in Animal Parade for some reason they made it smaller instead.

I do both, but considering how you don't have enough money for a chicken (or a coop) at the start of a game, agriculture always comes earlier. Later on I'll get full livestock, until I don't feel the need to earn that much anymore.

That's crazy. And, yeah, I checked my guide and it said there was no way to upgrade it, so I fixed that problem by getting a large cabinet.

And, in Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility can your spouse help you out with farm work, or is that only in Harvest Moon Animal Parade?

And, what is the Shining Baumkuchen found at the very bottom of the Mt. Gelato? I don't really understand what it is.

KnightofRawr
12th July 2009, 3:26 AM
Holly freaking Goddess! I forgot how addicting this game could be! Last night I got it around 9:00, I came home and started play and then the next thing I knew it was 2:00!!!

I just finished year 1 and I have already done so much! I have gotten to the bottom of the first 2 mines. I have unlocked the waterfall cave. I have saved 26 sprites. I have built a chicken house and the log and stone holders (All out of stone!) I have my house upgraded to the 2nd level with all the kitchen stuff. And all my tools are golden (except for the fishing rod)! I'm just in awe with how far I have gotten in the game so far. I just hope that it does not get boring soon..... *prays*

I think I should start working on my wife to be but I just can't decide who to choose! It's annoying me because I like all the girls! >.< I should have gotten cute because in that game there are only two cute guys >.< (Rock and Skye by the way)

Waterluu
12th July 2009, 3:53 AM
Holly freaking Goddess! I forgot how addicting this game could be! Last night I got it around 9:00, I came home and started play and then the next thing I knew it was 2:00!!!

I just finished year 1 and I have already done so much! I have gotten to the bottom of the first 2 mines. I have unlocked the waterfall cave. I have saved 26 sprites. I have built a chicken house and the log and stone holders (All out of stone!) I have my house upgraded to the 2nd level with all the kitchen stuff. And all my tools are golden (except for the fishing rod)! I'm just in awe with how far I have gotten in the game so far. I just hope that it does not get boring soon..... *prays*

I think I should start working on my wife to be but I just can't decide who to choose! It's annoying me because I like all the girls! >.< I should have gotten cute because in that game there are only two cute guys >.< (Rock and Skye by the way)

lmao! to me this game is easy to play and is done really well compared to some of the other ds harvest moon games
I felt the same when I first got the game about who to choose as a wife, so I decided to go for someone different than what I normally go for and married the mermaid.
the only part about the game that I dislike is that it becomes even more difficult to find more sprites after you've found at least 40 of 'em ;325;

Xashlei
12th July 2009, 4:18 AM
That's crazy. And, yeah, I checked my guide and it said there was no way to upgrade it, so I fixed that problem by getting a large cabinet.

And, in Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility can your spouse help you out with farm work, or is that only in Harvest Moon Animal Parade?

And, what is the Shining Baumkuchen found at the very bottom of the Mt. Gelato? I don't really understand what it is.

Yeah, it is. I wonder if they can change it to a larger storage instead along with translation... and Owen's oversized head.

The spouse and kids can help you in Animal Parade only, iirc. I'm ttly going to make Chase a househusband, watering the plants and stuff. For some reason I feel cruel if I'd send him and the kids to the mine...

Shining Baumkuchen is supposed to be a dish you can't really eat (since the description calls it "too pretty"). All the villagers love it, so it would be good to give it to your ideal spouse (if you weren't married yet) or someone who is not easily impressed with gifts.

KnightofRawr
12th July 2009, 5:17 PM
Hint
Effect/How to:Have you noticed that your buildings get torn down during hurricanes? Not Anymore! Just put your cat or dog inside the building, and it will never fall down! Since your dog and cat can't die, the game won't allow the buildings to fall on them

This hint actually does not work. During the Winter I had my dog in one of my bird houses and I thought Yay now the chickens are safe! A few days later the guy comes in and tells me that all four of my chickens are dead. I go looking and find out that my dog is missing! I ran all over the farm just to see if I took him out by mistake but I had no such luck. However, my dog was not dead. A few days later I had another Bird House built and he was inside it. I was so happy to have him back xD

Waterluu
12th July 2009, 6:29 PM
lol! I would be very sad if my dog went poof
I tried out this hint, the next morning I went to see how my chickens were doing come to find out that the coop was blown down and my dog sitting where it used to be

Magical Pokemon
12th July 2009, 6:30 PM
This hint actually does not work. During the Winter I had my dog in one of my bird houses and I thought Yay now the chickens are safe! A few days later the guy comes in and tells me that all four of my chickens are dead. I go looking and find out that my dog is missing! I ran all over the farm just to see if I took him out by mistake but I had no such luck. However, my dog was not dead. A few days later I had another Bird House built and he was inside it. I was so happy to have him back xD

This cheat is for both versions of Harvest Moon DS. However, I never heard of this cheat, and the only similar cheat I heard was for the Greenhouse in Harvest Moon 64, and that cheat actually worked.

I'm really close in-game to getting a gold level fishing rod. And, my fishing experience is at it's maxium. So hopefully I'll be able to catch the Wood Fish soon. I have around 15000 to 16000 gold, and the refined gold needed for an upgrade.

I need your opinion my house space has gotten smaller since I added the large cabinet, so should I upgrade my house to level four?

AceTrainerTim
13th July 2009, 8:03 AM
I need your opinion my house space has gotten smaller since I added the large cabinet, so should I upgrade my house to level four?

Well, if you have enough money, and need the space, why not..?

Plus for the hint, I didn't submit it, I forgot who did :S.. lol So, if it doesn't work, I'll remove it from the list. Thanks for this, although unless if anyone can prove it works, maybe I'll leave it on.

How ever, in Harvest Moon DS, I control my weather, so I never have to deal with storms and such. (Saving before going to sleep, in the morning check the weather, if you don't like the weather the next day, reset.)

Magical Pokemon has been upgraded to a regular member. :)

Waterluu
13th July 2009, 5:10 PM
Magical Pokemon has been upgraded to a regular member. :)

woo, congrats!

it's possible it might be for the japanese version. that one had A LOT of bugs that ended up getting fixed before coming to america. apparently one of the bugs was that your dog could dissapear or something along those lines and you couldn't get it back... that would be extremely frustrating @ .@

Magical Pokemon
13th July 2009, 6:54 PM
Yes! I'm a regular member!

In Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility are you able to get rid of the stumps that are left after you chop down the tree with your ax? If so, how?

In my game I now have my fourth rainbow, and I only need the perfect honeydew to complete the fifth and final one, because, thanks to the strategy guide, I started my ingredient hunt for the fifth rainbow in Winter of Year 1. And, I'm ready to obtain my first Ostrich chick.

Waterluu
13th July 2009, 8:06 PM
have you tried hitting the stump?
sorry I can't help with the Wii games, for I lack one lol

sweet_piplup123
16th July 2009, 2:36 AM
Wow, is err...anyone here?

*after a minute silence*

If there is, I would like to join the club! I've played Harvest Moon a few times before when I was young, but it's only recently that I got into playing HM: Cute. It's a pretty cool game and I enjoyed harvesting crops in it. ^^

So err...can I join? *does puppy face*

Waterluu
16th July 2009, 4:55 AM
lol, there really has been anyone on as of late. hopefully someone will be on to let you know if you can join or not.
good luck to you though~

AceTrainerTim
16th July 2009, 7:27 AM
Don't worry sweet_piplup123 has been accepted into the club and will be sent a VP :)

So welcome.

And a reminder to any unactive members... This was added to the first post, a couple of days ago....

Mi10ticFan
Arceusdude222
Foxyvulpixie
Hydro King
spongeaud
TurtwigFan1
Nekoyasha
PikaHeart
znew777
magic_eevee
fishyfool
Steelers_Fan
muumajii23
carmall
Pom Pom
TheDarkOne
maxx unlimited
Would these members please be more active in the next two weeks. (8 days remaining)
Any members not active in the time given will be removed from the club.

Waterluu
16th July 2009, 7:48 AM
ok, sweet
thanks Ace~

Fatal.Melody
16th July 2009, 7:59 PM
Does anybody know what Rune Factory 3 is?
I try to look around sites but I can't seem to get any info what it's about.
At first, I thought it was Rune Factory Frontier but now I just don't know...

Magical Pokemon
16th July 2009, 8:41 PM
Does anybody know what Rune Factory 3 is?
I try to look around sites but I can't seem to get any info what it's about.
At first, I thought it was Rune Factory Frontier but now I just don't know...

It is the fourth installment of the Rune Factory series, and it is being workd on by Marvelous in Japan right now. (I think it is 85% complete) And, it is the third Rune Factory game on the Nintendo DS.

Look here for all of your information needs, I myself, am a member of their forums.

http://www.fogu.com/hm

Rune Factory series Timeline:

1) Harvest Moon: Rune Factory ~A fantasy Harvest Moon~
2) Harvest Moon: Rune Factory 2 ~A fantasy Harvest Moon~
3) Harvest Moon: Rune Factory Frontier ~A fantasy Harvest Moon~ (The time era is set between Rune Factory, and Rune Factory 2.) (This game is on the Wii, and it has already been released in America.)
4) Harvest Moon: Rune Factory 3 ~A fantasy Harvest Moon~ (In process)

Moonlight_Murkrow96
17th July 2009, 12:49 AM
I would like to join The Harvest Moon Club because I love Harvest Moon and I think the games are fun and enjoyable. I think Harvest Moon is a great series.

sweet_piplup123
17th July 2009, 6:25 AM
Thanks for accepting me ^^

So basically I'm up to Winter 1 of the first year. I only own 4 chickens as farm animals, believe it or not. Oh, and the bachelor I've chosen is Gustafa :D

AceTrainerTim
17th July 2009, 7:46 AM
I would like to join The Harvest Moon Club because I love Harvest Moon and I think the games are fun and enjoyable. I think Harvest Moon is a great series.

You may if you fix up that post..... No one liners...

4 chickens

Gosh, I don't believe you, unless you fish and grow really good crops, then I'll believe you, lol.

Waterluu
17th July 2009, 6:48 PM
lol!
normally the crops I grow blow, but kudos to you if you actually spent that much money on fertilizer the first year. no cows? dang

Golde
17th July 2009, 9:18 PM
So I recently had the definition of a one-liner defined to me. It's less than I thought it was.

Any-hoo...I know I'm not here incredibly much (mostly because I've only played two games and have no idea what you're talking about, lol) But I'll be MIA for about 5 days.

BYE!

LavenderEyedNinetales
17th July 2009, 9:38 PM
I'm faintly curious: How many people who play Tree of Tranquility turn gemstones into jewelry? Personally, I find it too expensive, and can't see anyone buying more than one single necklace or something.

LavenderEyedNinetales
17th July 2009, 9:39 PM
I'm faintly curious: How many people who play Tree of Tranquility turn gemstones into jewelry? Personally, I find it too expensive, and can't see anyone buying more than one single necklace or something.

Magical Pokemon
17th July 2009, 10:05 PM

I don't. I find the accessories useless, since they don't offer any magical properties. I just sell the gemstones, however right now I'm not mining since I don't need too, as I already found the Lapis lazuli needed for the last Rainbow Recipe. I mainly focus on fishing. I have maxium experience coupled with a gold fishing rod.

In Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility how do you get Goddess level tools?

sweet_piplup123
18th July 2009, 6:11 AM
Gosh, I don't believe you, unless you fish and grow really good crops, then I'll believe you, lol.

Heh...not really, it took me a long time to get my fishing rod to silver ^^;

Basically my secret is selling wild grasses I picked in the fields, along with my crops. In the winter months I actually dig in the excavation site for jewelery to sell.

So yeah...

^^;

Magical Pokemon
18th July 2009, 7:04 PM
In Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility I have encountered problems.

1) It is Summer 2 around 10:00 a.m. and today my goat did not give milk to me, but it is in perfect health. I tried to milk it a few more times when I turned on the game this morning. And just to make sure I went to bed without saving, and the next day it gave milk to me. What might have been wrong?

2) In Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility who is the seventh arrival on the island? The startegy guide does not say who the seventh arrival is. It only says that the sixth arrival is Taylor, the eighth arrival is Perry, and the ninth arrival is Paolo. And, when the seventh arrival message popped up it told me to check the Brownine Ranch District, I checked but I wasn't able to find the new person. Who is this new arrival?

Xashlei
19th July 2009, 11:08 AM
2) In Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility who is the seventh arrival on the island? The startegy guide does not say who the seventh arrival is. It only says that the sixth arrival is Taylor, the eighth arrival is Perry, and the ninth arrival is Paolo. And, when the seventh arrival message popped up it told me to check the Brownine Ranch District, I checked but I wasn't able to find the new person. Who is this new arrival?

Hm... I haven't played ToT in a while, I think it may be Gray (since I don't recall any other Brownie Ranch people to meet after the inital opening). You know, the generic Gray/Blue from Harvest Moon. He's not a bachelor in this game though. Check in front of the Brownie Ranch Coop / Barn.

As for the first question, I haven't a clue. o.o

Magical Pokemon
19th July 2009, 5:04 PM
Thank you, I appreciate it. But, I already got both of these questions answered on Fogu.com/hm

Which of thse games are you going to reserve, or at least obtain?

Main Series:

1) Harvest Moon: Animal March (Wii) (Release for America Fall to Winter 2009 or early 2010)
2) Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands (DS) (Release for America Fall to Winter 2009 or early 2010)
3) Harvest Moon: Welcome! Wind's Bazaar! (DS) (No American release mentioned yet.)
4) Harvest Moon: My Little Shop (WiiWare) (Release for America Fall to Winter 2009 or early 2010)

I'm going to reserve 1 through 3. I can't get number 4 since I don't have WiiWare or Wii Internet acccess.

Spin-offs:

1) Harvest Moon: Rune Factory 3 ~ A Fantasy Harvest Moon~

I'm not going to get this game, since the Harvest Moon: Rune Factory ~ A Fantasy Harvest Moon~ series is too hard for me.

All information on these games can be found here:

1) http://www.fogu.com/hm
2) the forums of http://www.fogu.com/hm

magic_eevee
20th July 2009, 6:15 PM
Hiya peoples!
Sorry I haven't been talking for a ages since I was in Paris.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm gonna reserve any forth-coming Harvest Moon games even though HM: Animal March looks cools.

Also, my best friend's sister has gone and bought HM:Island of Happiness
a couple of days ago and can't wait ti play it!

...um...I think thats all...

Fatal.Melody
20th July 2009, 11:42 PM
It is the fourth installment of the Rune Factory series, and it is being workd on by Marvelous in Japan right now. (I think it is 85% complete) And, it is the third Rune Factory game on the Nintendo DS.

Look here for all of your information needs, I myself, am a member of their forums.

http://www.fogu.com/hm

Rune Factory series Timeline:

1) Harvest Moon: Rune Factory ~A fantasy Harvest Moon~
2) Harvest Moon: Rune Factory 2 ~A fantasy Harvest Moon~
3) Harvest Moon: Rune Factory Frontier ~A fantasy Harvest Moon~ (The time era is set between Rune Factory, and Rune Factory 2.) (This game is on the Wii, and it has already been released in America.)
4) Harvest Moon: Rune Factory 3 ~A fantasy Harvest Moon~ (In process)

Oh.
Thank you very much for the clear up, Magical Pokemon. ^^
Guess, I should wait for that one to come out in America in the next year or so.

Waterluu
21st July 2009, 5:52 AM
I'll probably go for the DS versions, most likely Wind Bazaar first though.
Unfortunately I have to locate my DS before I can even think about buying it ;-;

Magical Pokemon
21st July 2009, 9:33 PM
Big news! Harvest Moon: Magical Melody on the Nintendo Wii is being shipped over to North America! It incorporates the Wii's controls, however you can only play as the male character. But, it is only $30. (Most Wii games go for $50.)

Here is the news about it:

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75523

http://fogu.com/hm/

It will be released it a month's time(8/25/09)...I'm not sure if I'm going to get it, since I did own Harvest Moon: Magical Melody for the Nintendo Gamcube. I have a few days to decide.

magic_eevee
22nd July 2009, 7:03 AM
Thats strange.
I bought that game a year or so ago for the wii...
...it's actually pretty good.

AceTrainerTim
22nd July 2009, 7:18 AM
I will try to get Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, but its hard to find ANY harvest moon game around the area I live it ;(

Although I have seen Magical Melody WII in a shop before, but didn't have any money to buy it.. So I just wait for Animal Parade, or ToT, which I don't even think is out in Australia yet... *Sigh*

chihaya01
22nd July 2009, 9:47 PM
Ya and I rented it to!

Maybe they messed up on the last one and are makin a new one!

sweet_piplup123
23rd July 2009, 5:43 AM
Okay...I need help.

I'm trying to get past the second mine in HMDS Cute (yeah, I wanted the legendary sword so much...) and so far I'm having difficulties getting past it, especially with the annoying dark creatures (which I am kinda scared of them...don't laugh) and stamina problems. Any tips?

(I so totally suck when it comes to the mines >.<)

Magical Pokemon
23rd July 2009, 5:35 PM
Ya and I rented it to!

Maybe they messed up on the last one and are makin a new one!

Are you talking about Harvest Moon: Magical Melody Wii?

The reason the game belongs on two consoles is: Because, Rising Star of Europe took so long in releasing the game, that, by the time it was ready to be released the Nintendo Gamecube was dead. And, so they ported it off to the Nintendo Wii.

And, now they (Natsume) are shipping the Wii version to North America.

AceTrainerTim
25th July 2009, 3:11 AM
Okay...I need help.

I'm trying to get past the second mine in HMDS Cute (yeah, I wanted the legendary sword so much...) and so far I'm having difficulties getting past it, especially with the annoying dark creatures (which I am kinda scared of them...don't laugh) and stamina problems. Any tips?

Go into the mines. Now save. Hoe until you find a the stairs/black grass and reload. You can then walk to the same spot where you found the stairs/grass, and it will be there. Save again and then go down the stairs and repeat the process. But do not walk out of the mine. If you do, the mine will reset. So.. Save, find, reload, get/go down, save, find... ect.

The black grass heals your stamina, while saving and reload reduces your stamina usage. You can bring other things that restore stamina, like other grasses, dishes and thoughs XL medince things... lol

The following members have been removed from this club.

Mi10ticFan
Arceusdude222
Foxyvulpixie
Hydro King
spongeaud
TurtwigFan1
Nekoyasha
PikaHeart
znew777
fishyfool
Steelers_Fan
muumajii23
carmall
Pom Pom
TheDarkOne
maxx unlimited

magic_eevee
25th July 2009, 5:01 PM
Ok, I've got two questions:

1. How do you get the fishing rod in HM:Island of Happiness

2. How come the characters in the upcoming Harvest Moon for the PSP (mentioned a while back) look exactly like the ones from Magical Melody (but a bit older) ?

Magical Pokemon
25th July 2009, 8:23 PM
Ok, I've got two questions:

1. How do you get the fishing rod in HM:Island of Happiness

2. How come the characters in the upcoming Harvest Moon for the PSP (mentioned a while back) look exactly like the ones from Magical Melody (but a bit older) ?

1) All you have to do is raise Taoru's friendship level...I think. (Sorry, I haven't played Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness in a while.)

2) Actually, all of those characters are originally from Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland. This new Harvest Moon game for the PSP is called: Harvest Moon: Sugar Villiage and Everyone's Wish, and it is the sequel to Harvest Moon: Save The Homeland.

Off-topic:

Good News, everyone! I just beat the storyline for Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility for the very first time last night! Even though, I've had it since the first day in came out in the United States of America...

riolulu
25th July 2009, 11:32 PM
*poof*

who did you marry/are trying to marry in all of your games? who would you marry in some of the other games?

^^ Have fun!

~riolulu

Magical Pokemon
25th July 2009, 11:59 PM
*poof*

who did you marry/are trying to marry in all of your games? who would you marry in some of the other games?

^^ Have fun!

~riolulu

The games I own:

1) Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility

1st file first try -none (The game itself was too hard for me at that time.)

1st file second try- Toby (I decided to give this one more try, and it was as easy as pie!)

(possible first new game +) - Gil/Gill

(possible second new game +) - Chase

(possible third new game +) (male file) marriage to who is unknown.

2) Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness

Shea/Shiba

The games I have owned:

1) Harvest Moon 64:

Elli

2) Harvest Moon Gameboy Color 3

none (I played as a girl.)

3) Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Celia

4) Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life

Marlin

5) Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (Gamecube)

Carl

6) Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

Elli

7) Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town

Doctor

8. Harvest Moon DS

Lumina

9) Harvest Moon DS Cute

None (I didn't like it so I sold it back...It was too close to the male version.)

The games I will own:

1) Harvest Moon: Welcome! Winds' Bazaar

Juris

2) Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands

Will

3) Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (Wii)

Dia

4) Harvest Moon: Animal Parade

The Wizard/Gale

First possible new game plus ( male file) The Witch/Vivi

second possible new game plus (male file) - The Harvest Goddess

third possible new game plus - The Harvest King

sweet_piplup123
26th July 2009, 6:04 AM

Haha, I'm wooing Gustafa right now :D

Lately I've been trying to raise the other bachelor's heart level as well so I could get to the rival heart events--had to give Rock an Elli Grass to get his heart level down to black so I could see the black heart event between him and Lumina -_-;

Golde
26th July 2009, 10:32 AM
I returned :D

I married Cliff...the hunk! I'm pregnant at moment. At first I considered Rick, then Gray, but ended with Cliffy-poo.

Dani's (my baby) due sometime in Winter.