PDA

View Full Version : Harvest Moon Club

Pages : 1 2 [3]

magic_eevee
26th July 2009, 8:16 PM
The first person I married was Nina from Magical Melody. We had one child, but I deleted the save game file.

So far in HM:Island of Happiness, I was trying to woo Vaughn, But I then found out that I could marry the other main character...so I'm now waiting untill Mark arrives.

Fatal.Melody
27th July 2009, 2:05 AM
Who did you marry/are trying to marry in all of your games? Who would you marry in some of the other games?

Cliff.

He was the only bachelor I ever got the chance to marry besides Kurt.

I probably consider Kai or Gray but, due to past experiences, I will probably run back to Cliff. xD

magic_eevee
28th July 2009, 10:37 AM
Just to tell everyone that I will be offline for a week or so because I'm going to Ireland soon...Thats all.

Sorry if thats a bit off topic but I'm just saying just in case AceTrainerTim wants to know where i've gone...

AceTrainerTim
29th July 2009, 8:14 AM
Oh, thats fine magic eevee...

Wow Cliff seems a popular bachelor, lol.

who did you marry/are trying to marry in all of your games? who would you marry in some of the other games?

Ones I own.
HM FoMt
Karen.

HM DS
Lumina

HM IoH
Julia, never married though... Lost interest in the game...

more but forgot >.<'

I want to own

Animal Parade:
Kathy
or
Candace
:)

Xashlei
29th July 2009, 6:40 PM
Who did you marry/are trying to marry in all of your games? Who would you marry in some of the other games?
I'll do this in priority format, since I'm lazy.

Mineral Town:
Cliff / Kai -> Gray -> Doctor -> Rick
Karen -> Elli/Mary -> Popuri -> Ann

Forget-Me-Not Valley:
Gustafa -> Rock -> Griffin -> Carter -> Marlin
Celia -> Flora -> Lumina -> Nami -> Muffy

IoH / SI
Didn't memorize these ones, haha. Will felt like a good choice though for the guys, and for the girls idk. I found the nun girl cute, but you know the rules.

ToT/AP (Specials crossed out.)
Chase -> Gale -> Luke -> Gil -> Julius -> Ignis -> Owen
Candace -> Cefia -> Kathy -> Luna -> Vivi -> Maya -> Anissa

MM
Didn't memo these either... I liked the guy that had a resemblance to Basil, though. And the one who fished. Also back then, Katie I woo'd. Now, it'd be Dia I guess.

Leo The Lucario
29th July 2009, 11:15 PM
I would love to join. I've played and loved harvest moon. I think it is a great game how you have to start a life as a farmer.

The games I played and own:
HM Magic Melody
HM A wonderful Life
HM Another Wonderful Life
HM DS

The Games I played but don't own
HM Friends Of Mineral Town
HM More Friends Of Mineral Town.

So can I join???

AceTrainerTim
30th July 2009, 1:42 PM
Leo The Lucario you may join, welcome and have fun here.

New topic... thing

Fill out the list

Favourites

Game:

Town/Village/Valley:

Livestock:

Crop:

Farm:

Spouse:

NPC:

Ingame Area:

Leo The Lucario
30th July 2009, 9:33 PM
Favourites

Game: Harvest Moon More Friends Of Mineral Town

Town/Village/Valley: Forget Me Not Vally

Livestock: Cow

Crop: Turnip (The first one I always use when starting a new game)

Farm: The One In Harvest Moon DS

Spouse:
Females: Celia or Karen
Males: Rock or Dr. Trent(a.k.a. Alex)

NPC: Don't know what this means

Ingame Area: My farm, woods, or the square

My favorite thing about HM is the harvest goddess

Golde
30th July 2009, 10:00 PM
Favourites

Game: Harvest Moon, More Friends of Mineral Town

Town/Village/Valley: Mineral Town

Livestock: Uh....Chickens.

Crop: Strawberries, Eggplants, and Peppers.

Farm: Bloombud

Spouse: Cliffy - poo

NPC: Probably Popuri

Ingame Area: The Spring/That area just below the lake.

Magical Pokemon
30th July 2009, 10:53 PM
Favourites

Game: At the moment it is Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility.

Town/Village/Valley: Waffle Island (As of right now.)

Livestock: Cow

Crop: The ones that grow fast like turnips and onions.

Farm: My farm in Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility, because you can have more than one patch of land in order to raise crops, and plant orchards.

Spouse: The stoic, or emotionless, or grumpy-like spouses.

NPC: Gary, Elli, Candace, Chase, Vaughn, Blue, Gill, etc. (Basically my favorite NPCs are my spouses, my children, and quiet, and stoic villagers.)

Ingame Area: My farmland, and the ocean areas in Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility.

LavenderEyedNinetales
1st August 2009, 12:58 AM
Favourites

Game: Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility

Town/Village/Valley: Waffle Island

Livestock: Cows

Crop: Strawberries

Farm: The one from Harvest Moon: Back to Nature

Spouse: Jin

NPC: Chase, Kathy, Luna, Jin

Ingame Area: The Mountaintop in Back to Nature

AceTrainerTim
1st August 2009, 3:34 AM
NPC: Don't know what this means
Non Playable Charactor

Time to answer my own topic xD

Favourites:

Game: Harvest Moon DS

Crop: Corn

Farm: One on HM DS

Spouse: Lumina

NPC: The children

Ingame Area: Godess Pond in HM FoMt

Leo The Lucario
1st August 2009, 6:56 AM
What are your favorites and least favorites???
How you actually start a life as a new person, get married, have kids, make friends, and start a farm.

Dislikes:
How in some games you actually have to buy the chicken coop and barn

I like Harvest Moon as much as I like Pokemon.:D:D:D:D

Xashlei
1st August 2009, 12:52 PM
Favourites

Game: Tree of Tranquility

Town/Village/Valley: Waffle Town (but Animal March's looks even better...!)

Livestock: Sheep

Crop: Strawberries, Pineapples

Farm: ToT's beachside one.

Spouse:
M- Chase, Gil, Gustafa
F- Karen, Candace

NPC: Tim, Chloe

Ingame Area: Outside Harvest Sprites' Home (AWL), The Church (ToT)

LonelyHat
1st August 2009, 1:31 PM
Oh, my goodness! Why didn't I know this place existed until I accidentally clicked on 'Clubs'?

May I, please, join? /starry eyes/ I absolutely adore HM ever since I played FoMT on my old, rackety GBA. I own both FoMT and MoMT and both Rune Factories which I absolutely worship! ^^ I just started Rune Factory 2 and I can tell you - I'm playing every minute of it with a huge, goofy grin on my face. ^^ I think I'll have my character marry Yue. ^^

TheSwedishElf
1st August 2009, 3:08 PM
I'd love to join this club! Is there any particular thing I need to do?

Honsy
1st August 2009, 3:10 PM
Oh, I've been inactive lately...but I'm allowed to. >_> Here's that 'favourites' thing everyone seems to be doing.
Favourites

Game: Back to Nature

Livestock: Chickens

Crop: Sweet Potatoes

Farm: The one from the PSP Harvest Moon. (Once again, the name escapes me at the moment.)

Spouse: Karen

Ingame Area: Beach in Mineral Town

Oh, my goodness! Why didn't I know this place existed until I accidentally clicked on 'Clubs'?

May I, please, join? /starry eyes/ I absolutely adore HM ever since I played FoMT on my old, rackety GBA. I own both FoMT and MoMT and both Rune Factories which I absolutely worship! ^^ I just started Rune Factory 2 and I can tell you - I'm playing every minute of it with a huge, goofy grin on my face. ^^ I think I'll have my character marry Yue. ^^

Sure you can join. Welcome.

I'd love to join this club! Is there any particular thing I need to do?
Not post one-liners, for starters.

Magical Pokemon
1st August 2009, 8:40 PM
What are your favorites and least favorites???

Favorites:

-Everything about the series. It's so much fun.

- How in Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility and Harvest Moon: Animal March you get to choose your pets, and have up to five of them.

- In Harvest Moon: Animal March your children look like your spouse! (This is a first for the Harvest Moon series.) (And, because of that, in one of my male files I'm probably going to marry Candace or Phoebe just to have blue or green haired children.)

Here are my choices of pets:

1) Small Dog (Beagle)
2) Panda
3) Tanuki/Raccoon
4) Possibly a cat, I'm not really sure yet. And, if I do decide to get a cat, I'm not sure which color...
5) Unknown

Least Favorites:

-How it takes so long in Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility to obtain a pet. (I still don't have one yet.)

- In Harvest Moon: Animal March there is only one seed per bag!

- In Harvest Moon: Animal March how you will have to pay in order to get your ores and wonderfuls refined.

New Topic/Question:

In the Harvest Moon series do you play mostly as a girl or a boy?

I mostly play as a girl, becaue I'm female. But, it doesn't really matter to me which gender I play. (Example: I play the Mario series.)

Fun Fact: Girls are more comfortable to play as either a male or a female character.

Leo The Lucario
2nd August 2009, 1:31 AM
What got you guys into Harvest Moon?
Me and my brother were into Animal Crossing, the game, and he said HM is like that game but it's life on the farm. when we brought HM: Another Wonderful Life (The first game I ever played.) He didn't think it was a good game but I loved it.

Magical Pokemon
2nd August 2009, 3:32 AM
What got you guys into Harvest Moon?

My Mom rented Harvest Moon 64 for me when I saw it, and thought it was interesting. I loved it to pieces to the point where my Mom later bought it for me, and I played up to 10 in-game years on it.

Now, my own question:

I mostly play as a girl, becaue I'm female. But, it doesn't really matter to me which gender I play. (Example: I play the Mario series.)

Fun Fact: Girls are more comfortable to play as either a male or a female character.

TheSwedishElf
2nd August 2009, 4:21 AM
Favourites

Game: A Wonderful Life

Town/Village/Valley: Forget-Me-Not Valley

Crop: Strawberries and fruits that grow on trees

Farm: The farm in AWL

Have married:

AWL: All three girls, one file for each, Muffy twice

Tree of Tranquility: Renee, Candace, Luna, Kathy, Anissa, Selena {as guy}/Luke, Owen, Juli, Calvin, Chase, Jin {as girl}

Island of Happiness: Natalie, Julia, Lily, Witch Princess {as guy}/Vaughn, Shiba {as girl}

DS: Leia, Flora, Lumina, Keria

Another Wonderful Life: Gustafa, Marlin

Magical Melody: Dia, Eve, Ellen, Gwen, Lyla, Katie, Maria, Nina {as guy}/Alex, Dan, Joe, Kurt, Carl, Ray, Louis {as girl}

Friends of Mineral Town: Everyone except the Goddess

More Friends of Mineral Town: Cliff, Trent, Gray

Want to marry:

Welcome to the Wind Bazaar: Freya, Kagetsu, Enju {as guy}/Agi, Royd, Schmidt {as girl}

Sugar Village and Everyone's Wish: Aurelia, Alice

Leo The Lucario
2nd August 2009, 4:39 AM

Nice fun fact. Since I'm a girl I rather play as a girl But I play both versions ( HM FOMT and MFOMT and HM A Wonderful Life and Another Wonderful Life) But if it would let you choose (Like HM Magic Melody) I would pick girl.

LonelyHat
2nd August 2009, 8:49 AM
Favourites, eh? I was pressed for time yesterday, but now I've got plenty so hold on to your seats, ladies! XD

Game: Rune Factory 2 I just- it's SO- I mean- you can't stop smiling while you're playing! O.O It's- it's CREEPY how wonderful it is! I don't even mind that I don't get to chose to play a girl (though I would like a Jake romance option >.>) when the main character is such a sweet, adorable little thing! Looking like a little lost, red-haired, big-eyed puppy-like tramp. ^^

Town ~ Rune Factory 2 town. It's SO gorgeous and you have cherry blossom petals flying through the air in spring. CHERRY blossoms! XD Only THE most wonderful thing in the world!

Livestock: My Buffamoo. ^^ It's got a cool name. Buff-a-moooo. Hehe. Plus, MILK! Yay!

Crops: Sweet Potatoes. ^^ I've had a thing for sweet potatoes in EVERY HM game I played. It's insane, I've never even TASTED sweet potatoes! XD

Farm: the ranch from Island of Happiness. I gave that game away because when most people came to the island it became tedious to talk to everyone every day and I HAD to do it to make sure they don't leave or stop taking presents. >.> But I liked that ranch, it had EVERYTHING. xD Rice pads!

Marriages:

In FoMT I married Ellie first, only to find out she annoys me tremendously. Then Popuri, then Mary and finally Karin. Karin rocks. ^^

In MFoMT I only ever married the Doctor. >.> Didn't like ANYONE else. Gray kinda looked okay, but it's disturbing how he gave off this 'abusive husband vibe'. o.O'

In Rune Factory, I married off my character to Felicity. ^^ My first choice was Tori, but I couldn't get her love levels up at all, no matter how much I spoke to her every day or how many pink flowers I gave her. o.O'

In Rune Factory 2 I have decided to have my character marry Yue, she's an absolute honey! ^^ But as I go down the game, I'm begining to really like Rosalind too. T.T They just have such chemistry going on. o.O Some of their interactions border on erotic. o.O'

AceTrainerTim
2nd August 2009, 10:06 AM
TheSwedishElf and LonelyHat welcome to the club. :)

Boy because, firstly I'm male and most games come out with a boy version first, unless its a both gender game. Which I still pick the boy option.

LonelyHat
2nd August 2009, 10:27 AM
TheSwedishElf and LonelyHat welcome to the club. :)

Thank you! Yay! ^^ Quick question - um...are newbies like me allowed to use the banners? Cause they're adorable and I want one! ^^

About the boy/girl question - I play a girl when I can, because I am one and I want romances with cute guys. But if the romances for girls are not so great, then I'll go for the boy. ^^ If I like him, that is. ^^ In Island of Happiness, I liked the girl character and I LOVED Vaughn, but GOD, talking to everyone EVERy day... /lies there DEAD/

Golde
2nd August 2009, 10:45 AM
I actually prefer playing as a female, oddly enough. And yeah. I'm male. I D K, maybe it's just cause MFoMT owns AWL, but I really like the female protagonist.

I never played Island of Happiness, do you have to talk to potential spouses every day?

TheSwedishElf
2nd August 2009, 6:13 PM
New question for everyone:

If you could real-life marry any character available for marriage, who from each game would you choose?

Here's my own answers! ^w^

A Wonderful Life: Aw man, I can't choose... X3

Tree of Tranquility: Renee, Candace, Luna, Kathy, Anissa or Sheila/Owen, Luke, Jin, Chase, Calvin or Juli {if I were a girl}

Island of Happiness: Julia, Natalie, Lily or Witch Princess/Vaughn {if I were a girl}

DS: Keria or Leia

Another Wonderful Life: Gustafa {if I was a girl}

Magical Melody: Can't decide again... XD/Alex, Dan, Carl, Kurt, Ray or Louis {if I was a girl}

Friends of Mineral Town: Karen, Ann or Popuri

More Friends of Mineral Town: Cliff, Trent or Gray {if I was a girl}

Welcome to the Wind Bazaar: Freya, Kagetsu or Enju/Schmidt {if I was a girl}

Leo The Lucario
2nd August 2009, 10:57 PM
New question for everyone:

If you could real-life marry any character available for marriage, who from each game would you choose?

HM Magic Melody (as a girl): Joe
Magic Melody (as a boy): Dia
HM FOMT: Ann
HM: MFOMT: Dr. Trent. (a.k.a. Alex)
HM: A Wonderful Life: Celia
HM: Another Wonderful Life: Rock
HM DS: Celia
HM DS Cute(Haven't played it but I read about it): Skye the thief

AceTrainerTim
3rd August 2009, 8:57 AM
Thank you! Yay! ^^ Quick question - um...are newbies like me allowed to use the banners? Cause they're adorable and I want one! ^^
Sure, they are found under Harvest Moon Club Extras on the first page.

I never played Island of Happiness, do you have to talk to potential spouses every day? No, you have to talk to everyone within 30 days or leave will leave... >.< and also these...

People will move out of your town if... (Not all people will move out.. Just the ones you ignore or if the following aren't done.
Main Villagers.
If you do not....
~Ship any fish for one season.
~Cook anything for one season.
~Ship anything from the mine for one season.
~Give a gift to the Harvest Godess for one season.

Sub-Villagers
~Have no chicken food.
~Have no fodder.

~Ship less than 5 mayonnaise.
~Ship less than 5 cheese.
~Ship less then 5 yoghurt.
~Ship less then 5 butter.
~Ship less then 5 yarn.

~Ship less then 5 of any crop.
~Ship less then 25 of any crop.
~Ship less then 50 of any crop.
~Ship less then 5 of any tree fruit.
~Ship less then 25 of any tree fruit.
~Ship less then 50 of any grain in one year.

~Ship less then 5 fish.
~Ship less then 10 fish.
~Ship less then 15 fish.
~Ship less then 20 fish.
~Ship less then 25 fish.
~Ship less then 30 fish.
~Ship less then 35 fish.

~Ship less then 5 ore or jewels.
~Ship less then 10 ore or jewels.
~Ship less then 15 ore or jewels.
~Ship less then 20 ore or jewels.
~Ship less then 25 ore or jewels.
~Ship less then 30 ore or jewels.
~Ship less then 35 ore or jewels.
~Give less then 5 gifts to anyone.

~Let Pierre leave.
~Lets Lanna leave.

~Participates in 2 or less festivals in 1 year
~Participates in 4 or less festivals in 1 year
~Participates in 3 or fewer fetivals in 1 year

~Cook less than 5 recipes in 30 days
~Cook less than 20 recipes in 30 days
Gosh to hard -.-''

Fatal.Melody
3rd August 2009, 5:38 PM

Island of Happiness: -tempted to steal Cliff away from Ann- Maybe Danny or Mark if he finally obtains a personality.

DS Cute: Cliff~

Another Wonderful Life: Marlin

Magical Melody: Louis or Kurt

More Friends of Mineral Town: CLIFF

Magical Pokemon
3rd August 2009, 10:28 PM

Harvest Moon: Ellen

Harvest Moon 64: Elli

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature: Elli

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life: Celia

Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life: Marlin

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (Gamecube): Carl

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (Wii): Dia

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility: Gil

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade: Gale/The Wizard

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town: Elli

Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town: The Doctor

Harvest Moon DS: Lumina

Harvest Moon DS Cute: Skye

Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness Mark (The Male playable character)

Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands Will

Harvest Moon: Welcome! Winds Bazaar: Juris

Leo The Lucario
4th August 2009, 7:01 AM
Is HM Back To Nature a good game?
I was wondering if it was worth buying.

LonelyHat
5th August 2009, 11:34 AM
Whoo, me is back from teh non-internet zone! ^^

@Golde&AceTrainerTim ~ Island of Happiness is okay, but just gets tedious because you have to remember to repeat a lot of stuff every season. If you don't talk to people for three or four days, I think, they'll stop taking presents from you. And a lot of side-characters are hard to find sometimes, or even to remember they exist. o.O' Heck, I got so annoyed, I gave the game away.

Okay, real-life marrying of the characters (from the games I played so far):

FoMT: Karen (If I were a guy, that is >.>) - in the end, the secret of a successful marriage is having fun. And Karen is funny and fun to be around, she always makes me smile.

MFoMT: The Doctor, I guess, but I wouldn't mind traveling around the world with Kai either. ^^

Island of Happiness: Vaughn! XD He's just the most adorable little thing. And his favourite meal is porridge. How cute is that? ^^

Rune Factory: Tori or Melody.

Rune Factory 2: Yue, or Rosalind, it's a dead race between those two. I'd NEVER marry Mana, though... >.> (can't wait to see the puppy-love options from second generation! ^^)

Now, this is a good place to ask, I guess - which HM game would you guys recommend I try next? I have to get one before I finish Rune Factory 2 or I'll have a crisis XD. My options are PC, GBA, DS and I guess I could dust off my old PSOne >.>

Magical Pokemon
5th August 2009, 3:21 PM
Whoo, me is back from teh non-internet zone! ^^

@Golde&AceTrainerTim ~ Island of Happiness is okay, but just gets tedious because you have to remember to repeat a lot of stuff every season. If you don't talk to people for three or four days, I think, they'll stop taking presents from you. And a lot of side-characters are hard to find sometimes, or even to remember they exist. o.O' Heck, I got so annoyed, I gave the game away.

Okay, real-life marrying of the characters (from the games I played so far):

FoMT: Karen (If I were a guy, that is >.>) - in the end, the secret of a successful marriage is having fun. And Karen is funny and fun to be around, she always makes me smile.

MFoMT: The Doctor, I guess, but I wouldn't mind traveling around the world with Kai either. ^^

Island of Happiness: Vaughn! XD He's just the most adorable little thing. And his favourite meal is porridge. How cute is that? ^^

Rune Factory: Tori or Melody.

Rune Factory 2: Yue, or Rosalind, it's a dead race between those two. I'd NEVER marry Mana, though... >.> (can't wait to see the puppy-love options from second generation! ^^)

Now, this is a good place to ask, I guess - which HM game would you guys recommend I try next? I have to get one before I finish Rune Factory 2 or I'll have a crisis XD. My options are PC, GBA, DS and I guess I could dust off my old PSOne >.>

To: LonelyHat

I would recommend either Harvest Moon DS or Harvest Moon DS Cute, both are for the Nintendo DS.

Look here for information:

http://www.fogu.com/hm6/home.php?p=n

http://www.fogu.com/hm6/forgirl.php?p=n

LonelyHat
6th August 2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks, Tim ~ waaaah, HM DS has the witch princess! She's adorable! xD I hope marrying her isn't ridiculously hard or anything. o.O'

Oh! In DS Cute guys change clothes daily! ^^ How considerate of them, heh. ^^

Oh, and can unlock the bonuses with my old GBA games. xD

Ahahaha, they just switched guys romances with girl's best friends! That was lazy...but interesting! xD

Hey, you know, I like these...I must collect them. O.O'

Sapphiredragon929
6th August 2009, 8:38 PM
Thanks, Tim ~ waaaah, HM DS has the witch princess! She's adorable! xD I hope marrying her isn't ridiculously hard or anything. o.O'

Oh! In DS Cute guys change clothes daily! ^^ How considerate of them, heh. ^^

Oh, and can unlock the bonuses with my old GBA games. xD

Ahahaha, they just switched guys romances with girl's best friends! That was lazy...but interesting! xD

Hey, you know, I like these...I must collect them. O.O'

The Witch Princess is....definately not a cake walk to get. She requires some effort.

And guys changing clothes, well that makes sense. I mean they smell bad ewwww. xD

Collecting the games? Well, good luck.

For me though, is any excited over Rune Factory wii? Cause I sure am, I'm hoping it's coming out soon. I've been relying on my friend for news. --_-::

Magical Pokemon
7th August 2009, 12:00 AM
The Witch Princess is....definately not a cake walk to get. She requires some effort.

And guys changing clothes, well that makes sense. I mean they smell bad ewwww. xD

Collecting the games? Well, good luck.

For me though, is any excited over Rune Factory wii? Cause I sure am, I'm hoping it's coming out soon. I've been relying on my friend for news. --_-::

Do you live in America? Because, if you do, that game is called Rune Factory Frontier and it has already been released in America.

Look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rune_Factory_Frontier

http://runefactoryfrontier.com/

http://djbooks.easystorecreator.com/items/strategy-guides/electronic-guides/rune-factory-frontier-the-official-strategy-guide-19421-detail.htm

Leo The Lucario
7th August 2009, 12:48 AM
Boys changing clothes in HM DS, do
girls change too???

TheSwedishElf
7th August 2009, 7:09 PM
I played Rune Factory Frontier recently and married Eunice. And I kept her fat, because she really does look prettier and more unique that way. ^w^

Leo The Lucario
7th August 2009, 11:46 PM
I played Rune Factory Frontier recently and married Eunice. And I kept her fat, because she really does look prettier and more unique that way. ^w^

What do you mean you kept her fat???

sweet_piplup123
8th August 2009, 5:22 AM
Skye proved to be a real charmer, alright...too bad he doesn't impress me as much 8D

A question: Can you unlock the rival heart events AFTER you get married? If not, then I'd have to wait for years to unlock them before I could propose...

AceTrainerTim
8th August 2009, 5:50 AM
A question: Can you unlock the rival heart events AFTER you get married? If not, then I'd have to wait for years to unlock them before I could propose...

I'm pretty sure you can... In Harvest Moon DS, I got married first then watched the rival marriages afterwards..

Could you please change this post... One liners aren't aloud...

But how do you... keep people fat?

riolulu
8th August 2009, 6:27 AM
Can you unlock the rival heart events AFTER you get married? If not, then I'd have to wait for years to unlock them before I could propose...

Which game are you talking about? Because I know you can in DS:Cute, since I've done it....

~riolulu

AceTrainerTim
8th August 2009, 6:38 AM
And does anyone know the release date for Animal Parade.. or ToT for that matter >.> in Australia?

I've searched but currently nothing...

If not, then I'd have to wait for years to unlock them before I could propose...
And also make sure your to be spouse isn't taken away, from the evil rivals :o

TheSwedishElf
8th August 2009, 6:58 AM
Okay, to answer people's questions...

Y'know the part where Eunice asks if you like skinny girls better? Answer no and she'll stay fat. Simple.

AceTrainerTim
8th August 2009, 8:18 AM
Okay, to answer people's questions...

Y'know the part where Eunice asks if you like skinny girls better? Answer no and she'll stay fat. Simple.

Oh gosh... Never knew they would change their build for you. Lol

TheSwedishElf
8th August 2009, 8:31 AM
Only Eunice will. They give you the option of convincing her to stay fat or basically telling her to go on a diet. A surprising number of people must enjoy defying modern media's beauty standards, because apparently alot of people have gone with keeping her big. XD

Xashlei
8th August 2009, 9:23 AM
As much as I disliked the gameplay of Rune Factory's DS games, I've decided that I'd buy Frontier the next time I head to a game store. Hopefully it'll be more enjoyable and the avatar less messy. Too bad none of the girls appeal to me that much, or the kids. I'll probably end up single. ... Are there rival couples? Because if there aren't, it would also be just sad if no one in town continues the next generation, lol.

TheSwedishElf
8th August 2009, 9:26 AM
No rivals in Frontier, as far as I can tell.

AceTrainerTim
8th August 2009, 12:47 PM
No rivals in Frontier, as far as I can tell.

Please fix up your post.

No one liners! This is your second warning.

One liners will close this club.

Definition:

A post that contains only one line of text. Not including quotes.
Infomation which is useful yet does not take up at least two lines, is still considered a one liner.
Learn it, use it.

Examples:
Usable Posts:
1:
Harvest moon on the ds is a great game. I'm trying to marry Lumina, any tips?
Just try to talk to her and give her flowers everyday.

2:
In Harvest moon Ds, I got married to Nami, although I wanted married Flora, but Carter married her first. I shouldn't have let him do that!

Who did you marry?

Unusable Posts:
1: I married the witch princess.

2: :)

This will be added to the first page.

And thank you if you know this and post correctly.

TheSwedishElf
8th August 2009, 7:17 PM
Y'know, sometimes there really isn't that much to say, therefore one-liners happen. Not every post can contain multiple sentences or a full paragraph.

Leo The Lucario
9th August 2009, 12:57 AM
Y'know, sometimes there really isn't that much to say, therefore one-liners happen. Not every post can contain multiple sentences or a full paragraph.

Well you could ask questions, or push enter a shorten the lines. Plus you could tell us the latest things you've done or the things you could/will do.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could customize your characters in HM. Like you could pick the eye, skin, hair, and clothes colors Whether your fat, skinny, tall or short.

Magical Pokemon
9th August 2009, 2:04 AM
Well you could ask questions, or push enter a shorten the lines. Plus you could tell us the latest things you've done or the things you could/will do.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could customize your characters in HM. Like you could pick the eye, skin, hair, and clothes colors Whether your fat, skinny, tall or short.

Yeah, that would be interesting, but it is not really necssary.

And does anyone know the release date for Animal Parade.. or ToT for that matter >.> in Australia?

I've searched but currently nothing...

Look here for Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_Moon:_Tree_of_Tranquility

And, sorry, so far Europe hasn't had a vague release date set for Harvest Moon: Animal March, only North America.

Leo The Lucario
9th August 2009, 9:30 PM
What HM game in your favorite???
Mine is HM MFOMT.
I like all the men available for marriage except Rick. I like the farm, town, beach, square, spring, and woods. Also how you can change clothes and store fish in a pond you own.

TheSwedishElf
10th August 2009, 3:29 AM
My favourites are without a doubt A Wonderful Life, Magical Melody and Tree of Tranquility.

Leo The Lucario
10th August 2009, 7:52 AM
My favourites are without a doubt A Wonderful Life, Magical Melody and Tree of Tranquility.

I don't like A Wonderful life that much and I haven't played Tree Of Tranquility. But I loved Magic Melody. Like how you could have more than one house, people come and go depending on what you do, you could pick your gender and lots of marriages choices.

AceTrainerTim
10th August 2009, 10:47 AM
Look here for Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_Moon:_Tree_of_Tranquility

And, sorry, so far Europe hasn't had a vague release date set for Harvest Moon: Animal March, only North America.

Thanks although, I've checked and it only said 2009..

Edit: Seeing its taking ToT so long to get here, I wonder if I shall wait for Animal Parade, or I could buy Magical Melody/ToT to make up for that time...

I'd like that, yet as Magical Pokemon said it is unecssary.
How ever, it would be still a nice option, specialy in Rune Factory games.

Well, I started playing Rune Factroy 2, and I a bit confused... so let me ask questions here...

1. How do you unlock those areas with gates/big stone blocks.
2. Can someone please explain, this 2nd gen thing.
3. Where can I find more Magic Books?
4. What are plot items.
5. Alicia or Cecilia?
I've got Alicia on 5 friend points and 3 love points, and Cecilia on 4 friend and love points.

I've searched other places, but only came up with whole walkthoroughs, which frankly I don't want to read...

-.- There are so many ways you could have made that longer...

Third warning. One more and I must say you receive a 3 day ban.

Magical Pokemon
10th August 2009, 7:34 PM
What HM game in your favorite???
Mine is HM MFOMT.
I like all the men available for marriage except Rick. I like the farm, town, beach, square, spring, and woods. Also how you can change clothes and store fish in a pond you own.

My favorite Harvest Moon game is Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility, because it is such a huge game, and there is so much to do! And, in this game I like that you can have up to five pets, and that there is a Panda cub in it.

After you have five pets in Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility can you still raise heart levels of the wild animals? And, if you have five pets, and you get another wild animal to six hearts can you switch out one of your pets for that wild animal to be your new pet? And, if that can happen, does the one you decide to abandon still retain it's hearts for you?

Off-topic:

I quoted this, because I accidently thought that the last sentence was question and not a statement.

Leo The Lucario
11th August 2009, 9:47 PM
Customizing your character is unnecessary but fun. Also they could make it that the person you may marry likes something special and it makes the hearts go up faster. Like in HM: MFOMT, they could have Kai likes Brown hair but hates green eyes.

Magical Pokemon
12th August 2009, 12:05 AM
I know in Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility there is a glitch in which you're pets bcome angry at you for no reason, and/or become angry and they cannot be rescued from that state. And, I was just wondering if there was a way to fix this or prevent it from happening. For example, taking your pet(s) for a walk to their favorite area or taking them for a walk only at a certain time of day.

TheSwedishElf
12th August 2009, 7:51 AM
-.- There are so many ways you could have made that longer...

Third warning. One more and I must say you receive a 3 day ban.

Seriously, what was wrong with that post? It's a full well-structured sentence, and it answers the question given. What, do you expect a whole paragraph on precisely why I like them? Again, not every post can have more than one sentence! Sometimes there just isn't much to be said!

Honsy
12th August 2009, 8:43 AM
Seriously, what was wrong with that post?

Pretty much the entire 'one line' part. You know, that bit in the rules that says you can't make them?

What, do you expect a whole paragraph on precisely why I like them?

No, we expect our members to be able to form intelligent answers that are longer than one line. (I can't give you an exact definition of 'one line', since I've got a large monitor, so...yeah.)

Again, not every post can have more than one sentence!

No, but posts that adhere to the rules do.

Sometimes there just isn't much to be said!

If there isn't much to say, keep it to yourself unless you can flesh out the reply and make a real contribution to the thread that is longer than one line.

riolulu
12th August 2009, 11:36 PM
Alright Alright lets get off the topic of one-liners and back on the topic of harvest moon.

What is your favorite thing to do in Harvest Moon?

here, here's a new topic. :3

and now I will answer some of the other topics:

Each game? I'm bi, so this is going to be interesting... okay:

BtN/FoMT: Karen <3
BtN for Girl: Cliff <3
MFoMT: Gray <33
AWL: Celia <3
AnWL: Rock <33
Magical Melody: Gwen <3
DS: Muffy <3
DS:Cute: SKYE <33
RF: Mist <3
IoH: Julia <3
ToT: Chase <3
AP: Candace <3

uhum...I think that's it. Now for my own topic:

I answered the second part above, but here's the first part:

in DS:Cute I married Skye, Rock in AnWL, and am working at Gray in MFoMT.

<3 I love them all!

~riolulu

Magical Pokemon
13th August 2009, 7:57 PM
Alright Alright lets get off the topic of one-liners and back on the topic of harvest moon.

here, here's a new topic. :3

and now I will answer some of the other topics:

Each game? I'm bi, so this is going to be interesting... okay:

BtN/FoMT: Karen <3
BtN for Girl: Cliff <3
MFoMT: Gray <33
AWL: Celia <3
AnWL: Rock <33
Magical Melody: Gwen <3
DS: Muffy <3
DS:Cute: SKYE <33
RF: Mist <3
IoH: Julia <3
ToT: Chase <3
AP: Candace <3

uhum...I think that's it. Now for my own topic:

I answered the second part above, but here's the first part:

in DS:Cute I married Skye, Rock in AnWL, and am working at Gray in MFoMT.

<3 I love them all!

~riolulu

You already did that question. It is on page 25 of this topic.

who did you marry/are trying to marry in all of your games? who would you marry in some of the other games?

The games I own:

1) Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility

1st file first try -none (The game itself was too hard for me at that time.)

1st file second try- Toby (I decided to give this one more try, and it was as easy as pie!)

(possible first new game +) - Gil/Gill

(possible second new game +) - Chase

(possible third new game +) (male file) marriage to who is unknown.

2) Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness

Shea/Shiba

The games I have owned:

1) Harvest Moon 64:

Elli

2) Harvest Moon Gameboy Color 3

none (I played as a girl.)

3) Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Celia

4) Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life

Marlin

5) Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (Gamecube)

Carl

6) Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town

Elli

7) Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town

Doctor

8. Harvest Moon DS

Lumina

9) Harvest Moon DS Cute

None (I didn't like it so I sold it back...It was too close to the male version.)

The games I will own:

1) Harvest Moon: Welcome! Winds' Bazaar

Juris

2) Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands

Will

3) Harvest Moon: Magical Melody (Wii)

Dia

4) Harvest Moon: Animal Parade

The Wizard/Gale

First possible new game plus ( male file) The Witch/Vivi

second possible new game plus (male file) - The Harvest Goddess

third possible new game plus - The Harvest King

Leo The Lucario
15th August 2009, 7:34 AM
Would you guys like pokemon in HM?
I think little cute pokemon could be your pets or CUT the weeds, or FLASH in the night, or ROCK SMASH instead of using your hammer.

Golde
15th August 2009, 8:04 AM
JUST TO CLARIFY ONE LINERS:

a one liner is a post like

"hi can I join"

if it's longer than that and is relevant to the topic/main theme of the thread, it's fine. If it seems spammy, it probably is. :p

This. To be honest, TheSwedishElf was probably right.

Who did you marry/are trying to marry in all of your games? Who would you marry in some of the other games

Cliffy.

irrelevant, I don't believe in love.

Um...farm? Communicate? IDK :P

Magical Pokemon
16th August 2009, 12:27 AM
Would you guys like pokemon in HM?
I think little cute pokemon could be your pets or CUT the weeds, or FLASH in the night, or ROCK SMASH instead of using your hammer.

That would be uncessary as well as impossible. For one thing Pokemon is made by Nintendo, while Harvest Moon is made by Marvelous interactive, and I doubt tewo different companies would want to do a cross-over video game.

And, it would be uncessary, because the Harvest Moon series already has wayd to deal with what you are talking about (tools), and magical creatures( the Harvest Sprites).

riolulu
16th August 2009, 2:30 AM
You already did that question. It is on page 25 of this topic.

I know, I was answering it, not proposing it.

That would be uncessary as well as impossible. For one thing Pokemon is made by Nintendo, while Harvest Moon is made by Marvelous interactive, and I doubt tewo different companies would want to do a cross-over video game.

And, it would be uncessary, because the Harvest Moon series already has wayd to deal with what you are talking about (tools), and magical creatures( the Harvest Sprites).

I agree. Pokemon is a totally different thing than Harvest Moon, and combining the two would take away Harvest Moon's point. :\

~riolulu

Leo The Lucario
16th August 2009, 3:08 AM

Yah, now that I would think more about it I also think it wouldn't be a good idea.
But maybe they could have a human assistance that does what you tell him/her to do but you have to pay and feed him/her.

sweet_piplup123
16th August 2009, 7:12 AM

Lol, don't worry, Nami won't be getting my spouse :D

I finally got the legendary sword...after going through the mine twice, horray.

One thing brings to mind when I was playing HMDS: Cute, I've seen the boy version and how they talked about having lots of glitches, do you think the glitches makes the game a bit too easy to beat?

Magical Pokemon
16th August 2009, 7:42 PM
Lol, don't worry, Nami won't be getting my spouse :D

I finally got the legendary sword...after going through the mine twice, horray.

One thing brings to mind when I was playing HMDS: Cute, I've seen the boy version and how they talked about having lots of glitches, do you think the glitches makes the game a bit too easy to beat?

Yes, the glitches make the boy version, Harvest Moon DS, too easy to beat, but only if you activate the infamous 'Billion gold glitch.'

To Leo The Lucario: We wouldn't really need a human assitant, and here are my reasons:

1) In earlier Harvest Moon games, like Harvest Moon 64, your wife would help with farm chores.

2) In more recent Harvest Moon games, like Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility and Harvest Moon: Animal March, your child(ren) would help with the farm chores.

3) In some Harvest Moon games, like Harvest Moon: Friends/ More Friends of Mineral Town and Harvest Moon: DS/ DS Cute, Harvest Sprites would help you with farm chores.

4) In the Harvest Moon: Rune Factory series the monsters you tame will help you with farm work and battles.

So, as you see there wouldn't really be any need for human assistants that you would need to house, feed, and pay. Plus, that would be a waste of money and food if you had to maintain assistants.

To riolulu: Oh, okay, I didn't know you were answering your own question.

Leo The Lucario
18th August 2009, 7:59 PM
How old do you think the HM farmer is. I think it would be around 25. and in HM A Wonderful Life why can't you marry Lumina even though you could marry her rival Rock in HM Another Wonderful Life???

Magical Pokemon
18th August 2009, 8:34 PM
How old do you think the HM farmer is. I think it would be around 25. and in HM A Wonderful Life why can't you marry Lumina even though you could marry her rival Rock in HM Another Wonderful Life???

I would say both the male and female versions of the main characters are 20 to 30 years old. And, Lumina was made available for marriage in Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life: Special Edition for the Playstation 2.

Leo The Lucario
19th August 2009, 8:35 PM
Do you guys think the dog is needed??? I never understood why they had the dog or what he does. Do you guys ever try to raise the heart level of it??

Edit: I think it is a waste of time.

Magical Pokemon
20th August 2009, 5:13 PM
Do you guys think the dog is needed??? I never understood why they had the dog or what he does. Do you guys ever try to raise the heart level of it??

Edit: I think it is a waste of time.

The pets are not a waste a time. For example, in Harvest Moon 64 there was a dog race. And, when you take your animals on walks in Harvest Moon: Animal Parade they can find items for you. plus, the pets are cute!

Here is the information on Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands and Harvest Moon: Animal Parade:

They are both now available for pre-order in America at Gamestop

1) Harvest moon: Sunshine Islands (Price: $30.00) (Release date: 11/10/2009) (Pre-Order Bonus: Pig) (Rated: E) (Platform: DS)

2) Harvest Moon: Animal Parade (Price: $50.00) (Release Date: 10/20/2009) (Pre-Order Bonus: Duck (Mallard)) (Rated: RP) (Platform: Wii)

Information for both games:

Publisher: Solutions 2 Go
Developer: Natsume
Category: Strategy

Leo The Lucario
20th August 2009, 8:51 PM
How long do you guys think they keep making HM? I think intill 2012-2015.
Edit:
Do you guys keep on buying all the new ones or just play the one you own. I never buy them when they just came out but I will buy some of the ones that are new-ish.

Eeveelutions_rox_my_sox
21st August 2009, 9:49 AM
hello, i was wondering if i was allowed to join the group, ive always loved HM ever since well, i dont know, im even naming Pokemon after the characters from IoH

AceTrainerTim
21st August 2009, 1:46 PM
Firstly, thanks you guys for keeping the club alive. I've been busy lately, so yeah.

1) Harvest moon: Sunshine Islands (Price: $30.00) (Release date: 11/10/2009) (Pre-Order Bonus: Pig) (Rated: E) (Platform: DS)

2) Harvest Moon: Animal Parade (Price: $50.00) (Release Date: 10/20/2009) (Pre-Order Bonus: Duck (Mallard)) (Rated: RP) (Platform: Wii)

America >.< Anyway how do you get a bonus animal? Is it a plush toy or you get in game some how... :S

Do you guys keep on buying all the new ones or just play the one you own. I never buy them when they just came out but I will buy some of the ones that are new-ish

Depends really, since I haven't brought a game recently although, when Animal Parade comes out in Australia, I'll most likely get it. Stupid regional locks >.<

hello, i was wondering if i was allowed to join the group, ive always loved HM ever since well, i dont know, im even naming Pokemon after the characters from IoH

You may. :) Welcome to the club I guess. Please stay active and if you are going to be unactive please notify The club or myself, thanks. Have fun here :)

sweet_piplup123
21st August 2009, 2:15 PM
How old do you think the HM farmer is. I think it would be around 25.

Yeah...I was thinking along the line of a boy/girl who just finished her university studies or something... ^.^

Magical Pokemon
21st August 2009, 8:23 PM
Firstly, thanks you guys for keeping the club alive. I've been busy lately, so yeah.

America >.< Anyway how do you get a bonus animal? Is it a plush toy or you get in game some how... :S

Depends really, since I haven't brought a game recently although, when Animal Parade comes out in Australia, I'll most likely get it. Stupid regional locks >.<

You may. :) Welcome to the club I guess. Please stay active and if you are going to be unactive please notify The club or myself, thanks. Have fun here :)

You get the bonus animal when you pre-order the game from Gamestop, and it is a plushie, not an animal in-game.

To Leo the Lucario: I think the will keep on making Harvest Moon games for longer than you say. And, I always pre-order the new games, and play them thoroughly as well.

Leo The Lucario
22nd August 2009, 8:22 PM
Don't you guys think HM is going to die out soon?? Not much people even herd of the game. Not much people are buying either. When was the last new game sold out???

TheSwedishElf
22nd August 2009, 9:48 PM
Not many people are buying it? Not many have heard of it? What parallel universe do you live in? Tree of Tranquility and Rune Factory Frontier have been selling very well, HM is a near-legendary series by now, and they're scheduled to release more HM games this year.

Golde
23rd August 2009, 12:48 AM
Not many people are buying it? Not many have heard of it? What parallel universe do you live in? Tree of Tranquility and Rune Factory Frontier have been selling very well, HM is a near-legendary series by now, and they're scheduled to release more HM games this year.

I'm planning on getting Tree of Tranquility myself. However, there's the whole lack of money thing, plus, I'm pretty content...at moment.

And, I gotta save for a damn car XD But yeah. Seems like the best game in awhile.

Magical Pokemon
23rd August 2009, 2:01 AM
Don't you guys think HM is going to die out soon?? Not much people even herd of the game. Not much people are buying either. When was the last new game sold out???

I know what you mean, but I don't think Harvest Moon is going to die out any time soon. Because, even though it's fan base may be relitively small compared to other games' fanbases like, Pokemon, Mario, and Legend of Zelda, the Harvest Moon fanbase is loyal!

To TheSwedishElf: I think what Leo The Lucario means is that not many people have heard of it, because, in America at least, there are no comercials for Harvest Moon games. Plus, not many people are attracted to slow-paced farming video games.

Leo The Lucario
23rd August 2009, 3:09 AM
I know what you mean, but I don't think Harvest Moon is going to die out any time soon. Because, even though it's fan base may be relitively small compared to other games' fanbases like, Pokemon, Mario, and Legend of Zelda, the Harvest Moon fanbase is loyal!

To TheSwedishElf: I think what Leo The Lucario means is that not many people have heard of it, because, in America at least, there are no comercials for Harvest Moon games. Plus, not many people are attracted to slow-paced farming video games.

That is exactly what I mean!
If you ask people in my school about HM they
1 Never Herd about it. A few
2 Herd of it but don't own a game. About Half or more
3 Herd of it but want a game. Barely
4 Herd of it and would never buy a copy. A few
5 own a game. Barely

Golde
23rd August 2009, 3:17 AM
Well, there are quite a few people that do like it. Could just be your school.

Now, my school...IDK to be honest. I don't ask. But I know at my old school there were a few HM freaks XD

But yeah. Could just be it doesn't take much to make those also. IDK.

AceTrainerTim
23rd August 2009, 4:01 AM
Not much people know about it, sadly but I guess they don't advertise in much places, as I think they advertise in England, and Japan/China.

And for new games, I don't think it will die out, once a new console, we'll most likely get the new generation of games, Pokemon, Zelda, Mario and yes, Harvest Moon.

magic_eevee
23rd August 2009, 7:55 PM
Hiya peoples!
I'm back off holiday and ready to type in the confort of my own home*.

I hope that Harvest Moon doesn't die out. I mean, surely there isn't another farming game that's just as well known as pokemon, zelda or other games.

*Yeah, If you can call giant leaks in your own room and all the water ruining the furniture so it has to be replaced with other things .Oh-and noisy teenagers from the same school as you making a racket at a nearby park every single day. Not exactly 'comfort' is it know?

Leo The Lucario
24th August 2009, 12:54 AM
Well, there are quite a few people that do like it. Could just be your school.

Now, my school...IDK to be honest. I don't ask. But I know at my old school there were a few HM freaks XD

But yeah. Could just be it doesn't take much to make those also. IDK.

I never really asked I just guessed on how the people act and what they talk about.

Welcome back magic_eevee!!!:D:D:D:D:D

sweet_piplup123
24th August 2009, 10:26 AM
Harvest Moon dying out? No chance, I've got heaps of friends that knows the game.

...though I think the game somehow appeals more to females...*got stoned*

TheSwedishElf
24th August 2009, 12:56 PM
not many people are attracted to slow-paced farming video games.

That must be why HM games sell copies in the millions in America.

Magical Pokemon
24th August 2009, 11:57 PM
That must be why HM games sell copies in the millions in America.

Really? All the people I talk to never have either never heard of it, or never played it.

Leo The Lucario
25th August 2009, 2:56 AM
Really? All the people I talk to never have either never heard of it, or never played it.

Same here. Do you think a person living next to or somewhat near a farm would like it more? Or so you think a city person would like it more???

TheSwedishElf
25th August 2009, 8:56 AM

Yes, really. How else do these games make it onto lists like Player's Choice and make it onto bestseller lists? Because they sell millions of copies. Just because it's not a series everyone on Earth knows about, like Mario or Pokemon, doesn't mean it's completely unknown, unpopular, obscure, or dying.

AceTrainerTim
25th August 2009, 9:49 AM
Same here. Do you think a person living next to or somewhat near a farm would like it more? Or so you think a city person would like it more???

I think a person who lives in the city would like it more, since I doubt a farming person would what to play what they are already doing in real life, but I maybe wrong. Are any of your farmers and/or live in a farming family in real life?

And to also to add to the Harvest Moon arguement.

When people just play just one Harvest moon game, most of them become adicts, and love the game thoroughly.

magic_eevee
27th August 2009, 7:56 AM
Umm...Thats kinda what happened to me after playing HM:Magical Melody...I was quite addicted then, I even started drawing the characters!

Magical Pokemon
29th August 2009, 4:33 PM
Yesterday, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody for the Wii was released in America. I've played the original version on the Gamecube before, however I cannot tell you what this one play like, because I have not played my copy of the game yet.

AceTrainerTim
30th August 2009, 1:26 AM
Yesterday, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody for the Wii was released in Aerica. I've played the original version on the Gamecube before, however I cannot tell you what this one play like, because I have not played my copy of the game yet.

Although when you do get the game, it would be good tell us the differences (if any) between the Gamecube and Wii versions.

Honsy
30th August 2009, 3:30 AM
I never got around to playing Magical Melody. I really wanted to, but I just forgot about it after it was released, and shortly after that, my Gamecube crapped itself.

Ugh. I've been trying to get back into Harvest Moon, I tried playing Harvest Moon DS, but once the unskippable opening was finished, I just thought "Oh, what's the point?".

I've recently gotten Rune Factory 2, but I haven't played it much. It seems pretty good.

Magical Pokemon
30th August 2009, 8:38 PM
Although when you do get the game, it would be good tell us the differences (if any) between the Gamecube and Wii versions.

You misunderstood. At the time I posted that I said I already had the game! But, I just didn't play it yet.

The only differences between the Wii and Gamecube version is that in this version you can only play as a male and that the controls are different. But, on the plus side it takes up less space in your Wii. This time the game only takes up 4 blocks of the Wii's memory instead of around 20 to 30 blocks for the Gamecube version.

Penguinist Trainer
30th August 2009, 11:07 PM
I can't imagine the Harvest Moon series dying out anytime soon. For one thing, they've already celebrated their 10th anniversary. That is a whole decade of releasing games which plenty of people are eating up.

I also have to agree with AceTrainer when he said once you play a game, there is a good chance you will become addicted to it. For instance, Harvest Moon has initiated the same formula in all its games, much like Pokemon has, and people keep buying the games because it is addictive.

Yesterday, I finally was able to pick up a copy of Island of Happiness and am thoroughly enjoying the game. It took me so long to get the game, because it has been back-ordered in my area for the longest time.

Games don't get back-ordered if they aren't popular. If you went into any gaming store, you can tell almost immediately which titles are selling and which aren't. Harvest Moon is a series that has been selling very well.

In my opinion, I think most people are "closet" Harvest Moon fans. At certain ages, some games just aren't seen as cool. For instance, if you were in high school, your "peers" might think you're childish if you enjoyed games like Pokemon rather than Halo or Call of Duty.

I've loved Harvest Moon since it came out on the SNES. I won't claim to own every game and be it's biggest fan, but I'm 26 now and I still enjoy playing the series as much as I did when I 1st discovered it.

sweet_piplup123
4th September 2009, 2:34 PM
I have a question:

Well, I'm trying to trigger the rival blue heart event between Carter and Flora, but everytime I try it turned out to be the blue heart event between Carter and I! :O I've already triggered the balck rival heart event so I don't know what went wrong--Carter is on blue heart alright...and the only thing I knew I did was I've accidentally triggered the purple heart event between Carter and I before...

...this is in Harvest Moon DS: Cute, by the way.

Penguinist Trainer
6th September 2009, 4:14 AM
the only thing i can think of is that if carter's heart level for you is higher than it is with flora, he might prefer you over her.

maybe you should try giving him gifts he hates to lower his friendship level with you. that sounds like it would work.

AceTrainerTim
7th September 2009, 10:09 AM
Hi everyone.

Fatal.Melody has sadly dropped out of the club, due to school. So I say goodbye to him/her.

the only thing i can think of is that if carter's heart level for you is higher than it is with flora, he might prefer you over her.

maybe you should try giving him gifts he hates to lower his friendship level with you. that sounds like it would work.

Those suggestions are reasonable, but I guess just save before doing anything like that.

Penguinist Trainer
7th September 2009, 5:41 PM
why would fatal melody quit? why not just go on an inactive status? I'm still on an inactive status because my work season is from spring to fall, but I still drop by every now and then to share my opinions or advice. As soon as it snows, I'll be laid off until next season and I'd be able to be online more often.

Whether they are going to grade school or college, more than likely they wouldn't be going to classes on the weekend so they could still drop by in their spare time.

In regards to my previous advice, yeah you should definitely save before trying anything. I'm guilty myself of not saving my game often enough and having to restart whole seasons because I screwed something up.

I just finished my 1st season in Island of Happiness. I thought the touch controls would make the game more difficult, but it really makes you think about the controls even less.
I currently unlocked Elliot and Julia's 1st heart event. I'm working on building up Natalie's heart level.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else who has played the game knew this, but you can harvest the seaweed off the rock at the beach in the springtime and sell if for about 1000 bucks a day. I used that extra money for my 1st 2 road renovations.

Magical Pokemon
9th September 2009, 3:47 AM
Look everyone! I'm so excited. Unfortunately this is only relavent for Harvest Moon fans that live in North America. But if you don't live in North America, just think of this information as being one step closer to the release of these titles where you live!

http://natsume.com/comingsoon_frameset.html

And to confirm your suspicions, look here:

AceTrainerTim
9th September 2009, 8:26 AM
Look everyone! I'm so excited. Unfortunately this is only relavent for Harvest Moon fans that live in North America. But if you don't live in North America, just think of this information as being one step closer to the release of these titles where you live!

And to confirm your suspicions, look here:

Yet, again... I hate region locks...

why would fatal melody quit? why not just go on an inactive status? I'm still on an inactive status because my work season is from spring to fall, but I still drop by every now and then to share my opinions or advice. As soon as it snows, I'll be laid off until next season and I'd be able to be online more often.

Sadly, I don't know... He/she just sent me a PM saying that.. so... Yeah.

Magical Pokemon
12th September 2009, 5:15 AM
The United States realease date for Harvest Moon: AAnimal Parade has been pushed back to November 10th.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75763

Penguinist Trainer
13th September 2009, 8:29 AM
I just finished my 2nd season in IoH. I unlocked my 1st heart event with Natalie. I repaired the bridge to the meadow. I'm 5 grand short to repair the next bridge. I placed 2nd in the Summer Harvest festival. I'm hoping to get as much of the island upgraded before my 2nd year. My 2nd year I want to focus on raising animals and planting a minimum amount of crops.

This is such a fun game.

riolulu
14th September 2009, 12:21 AM
Wow...I kinda forgot about harvest moon a little. D: But I picked up my DS and played DS:Cute a little and I had a lot of fun ^.^ so now I miss Harvest Moon again!!

I have a question.

Where is Kappa from? y'know, in [M]FoMT. I saw Kappa on the TV show Kappa Mikey, cucumbers and all. Is this something well-known in japan?

~riolulu

Penguinist Trainer
14th September 2009, 5:32 AM
http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/kappa.shtml

This seemed to be what you are looking for...it is actually kind of interesting. Apparently their obsession with cucumbers is explained as well. I guess if you carve your name into a cucumber, they are unable to harm you.

sweet_piplup123
14th September 2009, 10:36 AM
From what I know, Kappa is like some creatures that lives in rivers and lakes, according to Japanese legends.And they do have an obsession to cucumbers (:

EmiiChan
18th September 2009, 1:05 AM
Hello! I'd love to join this club~ ^o^

I've been playing Harvest Moon for about a year and a half, and now I find myself getting every single game in the series that is out there. It's just so addicting x3

AceTrainerTim
19th September 2009, 2:11 PM
EmiiChan you may join the club.
Have fun and welcome.

The sad thing is that ToT hasn't even come out in Australia yet, so I don't think I'll have the patience for Animal Parade >.<

Golde
19th September 2009, 7:35 PM
From what I know, Kappa is like some creatures that lives in rivers and lakes, according to Japanese legends.And they do have an obsession to cucumbers (:

They are, but IIRC, they also love to feed on a certain part of humans, which sometimes leads to them dragging unaware swimmers down. Their strength comes from a small bowl of water in their head. They also happen to be courteous, so make sure to bow if you meet one. They'll bow back, and spill their water.

Because of their strength, they love competitions involving strength. Challenge them to a wrestling competition, they'll love it.

They're not all evil; some know japanese and will occassionally interact with locals. Their favorite food is the only thing better than small children; cucumbers.

riolulu
13th October 2009, 1:20 AM
http://www.onmarkproductions.com/html/kappa.shtml

This seemed to be what you are looking for...it is actually kind of interesting. Apparently their obsession with cucumbers is explained as well. I guess if you carve your name into a cucumber, they are unable to harm you.

Wow, that's really interesting!! Thanks!

Hello! I'd love to join this club~ ^o^

I've been playing Harvest Moon for about a year and a half, and now I find myself getting every single game in the series that is out there. It's just so addicting x3

Welcome to the club. :3

~riolulu

Magical Pokemon
16th October 2009, 4:44 AM
There is a NEW Harvest Moon game for the Nitendo DS coming out in Japan! The game is called: "Harvest Moon: Village of Twins".\

Here is the information for it:

http://fogu.com/hm/

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=d3540fca6558a418a31d0095ad739ea4

AceTrainerTim
16th October 2009, 7:14 AM
Oh wow, another game. I wonder what its going to be like.

They have made alot of games for the DS so far, I wonder why... :S

Magical Pokemon
16th October 2009, 11:58 PM
Oh wow, another game. I wonder what its going to be like.

They have made alot of games for the DS so far, I wonder why... :S

Here is what the game is about:

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=115444&sid=6a2acf6fda0561ea6ea0007dbedbe416&start=0

Mew-mew
23rd October 2009, 4:10 AM
I would like to join because I have been a fan of harvest moon for 3 years. I have harvest moon for the gamecube and the ds.

Magical Pokemon
27th October 2009, 3:29 AM
New information on Harvest Moon: Village of Twins for the Nintendo DS!

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=072b26e630aadfe2ea3e4c5113f9639b

Offtopic:

Mew-mew, why don't you have any Harvest Moon games for the Nintendo Wii? Do you not have the a Wii?

Penguinist Trainer
27th October 2009, 4:31 AM
Why does it matter if they have any Harvest Moon games for the Wii or not? Harvest Moon isn't a new series, so there are a lot more games on other systems. For instance, the majority of the games have been on the handheld consoles, even though the series started on the home console.

Mew-mew
28th October 2009, 2:12 AM
I didn`t know they had harvest moon games for the wii. even if I did know I just got a wii sunday.

AceTrainerTim
28th October 2009, 7:40 AM
At least the club hasn't died. :)

@ Does it matter that some people don't have a Harvest Moon game for the Wii, I don't. Stupid PAL version doesn't come out quick enough... >.<.

I plan to get Animal Parade when it comes out there... possibly in like two years...

Also magical pokemon, thanks for posting updates from the Fogu site. :)

Mew-mew
28th October 2009, 9:31 PM
New information on Harvest Moon: Village of Twins for the Nintendo DS!

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewforum.php?f=24&sid=072b26e630aadfe2ea3e4c5113f9639b
I checked out the web site. it is now on my list of favorite web sites :)
but I did not see a harvest moon game called vilage of twins on there.

_charmander<3_
28th October 2009, 9:40 PM
hey, can i join?
i love harvest moon, well.. because it's just so gosh darn addictive & it was one of my first ever games && i really love the cows in the game (for some strange reason.
it also inspired me to want to be a farmer when i was small :]..

i have harvest moon 3 and more friends of mineral town.

AceTrainerTim
29th October 2009, 7:26 AM
I checked out the web site. it is now on my list of favorite web sites :)
but I did not see a harvest moon game called vilage of twins on there.

Hi, sorry. Welcome to the club. :))) Please have fun here :)

Maybe Ushi No Tane hasn't gotten enough infomation yet... or just haven't updated their website.

hey, can i join?
i love harvest moon, well.. because it's just so gosh darn addictive & it was one of my first ever games && i really love the cows in the game (for some strange reason.
it also inspired me to want to be a farmer when i was small :]..

i have harvest moon 3 and more friends of mineral town.

Yes you may join. Welcome to the club and be active and have fun. :)

_charmander<3_
29th October 2009, 9:34 PM
yayy :].

just to share a depressing story..
you know in more friends of mineral town, the event with Cliff when he drops a photo of his family. This triggers a heart event..

For some strange reason i always get mixed up with the buttons to put something into your bag and to throw something away.
yeahh.. i threw away that picture. This was in winter. The last time i saved was in Summer. :/

Mew-mew
30th October 2009, 4:22 AM
I found the site for harvestmoon: twin village but every thing is in japanise xD

Magical Pokemon
31st October 2009, 5:35 PM
New information on the new Harvest Moon DS game Harvest Moon: Village of Twins! And, Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands and Harvest Moon: Animal Parade have been confirmed to be released in America on November 10th, 2009!

And, Natsume (The translator of Harvest Moon games for America.) now has their own Facebook and Twitter section/page.

New marriage canidates:

http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/chara/partner.html

New Screenshots:

http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/system/index.html

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewforum.php?f=24

I think I've already decided who I'm going to marry in Harvest Moon: Village of Twins. I'm going to marry the seconf marriage canidate, because he looks cute and stoic. Can anybody tell me his name or information, please? I would really appreciate it.

You can look at the confirmed marriage canidates here:

http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/chara/partner.html

Magical Pokemon
12th November 2009, 2:29 AM
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade and Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands have now been released across America, but only in some places, because it depends on where you get your game from. (For example, I have not yet received my copies, because I pre-ordered mine at Gamestop, and pre-orders ship ther on 11/12/09.)

New information on Harvest Moon: Village of Twins!

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=116542

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1229173_1407.html&ei=xej1Srj-E4mf8AbKx8DzCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBUQ7gEwAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25E7%2589%25A7%25E5%25A0%25B4%25E7%2 589%25A9%25E8%25AA%259E%25E3%2580%2580%25E3%2581%2 5B5%25E3%2581%259F%25E3%2581%2594%25E3%2581%25AE%2 5E6%259D%2591%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfi refox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DVnY

For those of you that may not be able to access there sites here is the information:

* You Can build a mill to pickle cabbages and turnips for gifts. ( Can you possibly make other things too?)
* New Pet: An owl that can help you fly (I know fly! What game kinda game is this?!)
* More than one bachelor/bachelorette in each village
* You can possibly go on dates with your significant other
* This game has Wi-Fi capabilities!
* There is a new picture of a possible bachelorette. (She is Asian, and wears a Kimono. A possible translation for her name is Nana [nah-nah].)
* You can also grow a variety of fruit trees and flowers (Lillies, possibly roses and more...)

And, the main site does not have a Harvest Moon: Village of Twins section, because the game was just announced a few weeks ago.

AceTrainerTim
12th November 2009, 5:51 AM
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade and Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands have now been released across America, but only in some places, because it depends on where you get your game from. (For example, I have not yet received my copies, because I pre-ordered mine at Gamestop, and pre-orders ship ther on 11/12/09.)

New information on Harvest Moon: Village of Twins!

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=116542

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1229173_1407.html&ei=xej1Srj-E4mf8AbKx8DzCQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBUQ7gEwAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25E7%2589%25A7%25E5%25A0%25B4%25E7%2 589%25A9%25E8%25AA%259E%25E3%2580%2580%25E3%2581%2 5B5%25E3%2581%259F%25E3%2581%2594%25E3%2581%25AE%2 5E6%259D%2591%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfi refox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DVnY

For those of you that may not be able to access there sites here is the information:

* You Can build a mill to pickle cabbages and turnips for gifts. ( Can you possibly make other things too?)
* New Pet: An owl that can help you fly (I know fly! What game kinda game is this?!)
* More than one bachelor/bachelorette in each village
* You can possibly go on dates with your significant other
* This game has Wi-Fi capabilities!
* There is a new picture of a possible bachelorette. (She is Asian, and wears a Kimono. A possible translation for her name is Nana [nah-nah].)
* You can also grow a variety of fruit trees and flowers (Lillies, possibly roses and more...)

And, the main site does not have a Harvest Moon: Village of Twins section, because the game was just announced a few weeks ago.

Ahh! I want it! :D Also Harvest Moon ToT came out in Australia. Stupid waiting period. I HATE THAT WHILE AMERICA GETS AP. -Sigh-

I might get it.

sweet_piplup123
12th November 2009, 10:49 AM

Haha, I wonder if the creators of this Harvest Moon game got the idea from Pokemon...

Wish I could have it. T.T

Golde
12th November 2009, 10:55 PM
I kinda like the idea of 1) an owl and 2) the ability to fly places. I imagine it'll be like that one crystal in HM:MFoMT that just lets you teleport everywhere :P

Albeit it much simpler sounding.

Anyway, I'll try to be more active and stuff...to be honest, I can't really do anything because of my stupid DS's L button like, breaking. No shortcuts = no mining.

That means I still haven't birthed Dani yet D:

_charmander<3_
13th November 2009, 9:00 PM
oo :D.
the owl and flying sounds great.
i like owls.

aha, acetrainertim you think you have to wait in australia..
everything takes foreverr to get to south africa!

Golde
15th November 2009, 12:06 AM
So, today I think I convinced my neighbor (30s or 40s, IDK how old she is) to start checking out Harvest Moon. XD

I also have a question...since I only have 2 HM games, I'm kinda curious, how many of the games actually, like, end? Like, I know AWL does, but what about others?

Magical Pokemon
16th November 2009, 12:23 AM
To Golde: Only the following end. All the rest are open-ended. And, I don't know if any of the soin-off Harvest Moon series end or not.

1) Harvest Moon (Snes)
2) Harvest Moon Game Boy
3) Harvest Moon Game Boy 2
4) Harvest Moon 3 Game Boy Color
4) Harvest Moon Back to Nature For Girl (Only if you marry) (PS 1)
5) Harvest Moon PSP Boy and Girl (Again, girl version, but only if you marry.)
6) Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life (Gamecube)
7) Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life (Gamecube)
8) Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life Special Edition (PS2)
9) Harvest Moon Save the Homeland (PS2)
10) Harvest Moon Sugar Village and Everyone's Wish (PSP)

I just got Harvest Moon Animal Parade and Sunshine Islands today
(11/15/09). Which one should I play first?

AceTrainerTim
16th November 2009, 5:49 AM
I just got Harvest Moon Animal Parade and Sunshine Islands today
(11/15/09). Which one should I play first?

-GASP- HOW DARE YOU! lol just kidding. Lucky you. Maybe you should play the game on the ds if haven't used a ds in a while and vise vicer.

I'm tempted to get ToT, but I want Animal Parade more, should I either..
1. Buy ToT.
2. Wait.
3. Buy something else to keep your mind off it.
4. Jump off a cliff.
5. Play another harvest moon game I own.
6. try and buy both.

Magical Pokemon
17th November 2009, 12:25 AM
Too late. I already started on Harvest Moon: Animal Parade for the Wii. i'm doing really well too. I am on the fourth day in-game, and I'm really close to being able to have the first bell rung. I've also got my first livestock and I've got a good crop field.

I've name my first calf in Japanese roma-ji. It's name is "Cow". LOL.

And, AceTrainerTim, I would go with the 6th option.

Magical Pokemon
20th November 2009, 3:01 PM
New Information on Harvest Moon: Twin Villages"

Look at pages 5 through 11.

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=115763&start=60

Summary of information released:

1) Another set of outfits for the main characters.

(http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/chara/index.html)

2) You can walk on lilypads. (This could be a way to get to the other town, or another area.)

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=115763&start=150

3) New bachelor confirmed

(http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/chara/partner2.html)

4) Release date confirmed: (Japan-Februrary 25, 2010)

5) Box art released

(http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/info/index.html)

6) pre-order gift released (An Alpaca key chain)

7) Art of the new pet owl

http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/chara/index.html

8) The goal of the game confirmed: You eventually bring together the two towns.

_charmander<3_
23rd November 2009, 9:11 PM
i checked the site using the link that you put up and it looks amazing!!
i'm looking forward to those llamas :D

Golde
24th November 2009, 12:25 AM
New Information on Harvest Moon: Twin Villages"

Look at pages 5 through 11.

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=115763&start=60

Summary of information released:

1) Another set of outfits for the main characters.

(http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/chara/index.html)

2) You can walk on lilypads. (This could be a way to get to the other town, or another area.)

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=115763&start=150

3) New bachelor confirmed

(http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/chara/partner2.html)

4) Release date confirmed: (Japan-Februrary 25, 2010)

5) Box art released

(http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/info/index.html)

6) pre-order gift released (An Alpaca key chain)

7) Art of the new pet owl

http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/chara/index.html

8) The goal of the game confirmed: You eventually bring together the two towns.

Whelpp...I need this game. *adds to list*

I <3 Llamas, and the honey bee thing and rice patty looking thing looks really fun. As long as its an open ended story, though...

I seriously need to fix this L button, I swear.

Magical Pokemon
24th November 2009, 4:27 AM
Whelpp...I need this game. *adds to list*

I <3 Llamas, and the honey bee thing and rice patty looking thing looks really fun. As long as its an open ended story, though...

I seriously need to fix this L button, I swear.

I believe it has already has been confirmed, or assumed that this game is open-ended.

You could always send your Nintendo DS/Lite/DSi to Nintento of Japan or America.

Magical Pokemon
27th November 2009, 1:57 AM
I apologize for double posting.

There are two new characters and crops revealed for Harvest Moon: Twin Villages.

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=115763&start=165

http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/chara/villager.html

Edit: You can have Winter crops in Harvest Moon: Twin Villages.

Magical Pokemon
1st December 2009, 2:59 PM
There is new information revealed about the characters I revealed above this post.

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=117862

Zauri (Lives in Konoha)
He is in charge of the orchard. He creates\ develops and studies new seeds.
Doesn't really care for you interests.

Shen Ro (I think it's supposed to sound Chinese.)
He builds furniture from bamboo outside the town.
(I think) He builds tools as well. He is like your adopted father. (He treatsyou like an adopted son daughter)
He likes silver.

Sorry 'bout my sloppy translation. ^__^;>

The panda suit is FTW XD

AceTrainerTim
2nd December 2009, 8:32 AM
Magical Pokemon, again I thank you for your updates and infomation.

I started playing Animal Parade... I love it so far.. Only thing I'm taking a dislike to is that it takes such a long time to travel anywhere.

I have a Cow named Molly. :) lol. Can you find flowers in the wilderness or do you have to grow them???

junpearl63
2nd December 2009, 11:11 AM
Uhm....hello? I wished to join this club if I may. Harvest Moon is one of my favorite game, and thank God it's one of the game I played with no violent or zombies in it. I've Harvest Moon: Island of happiness, shining sun (or as you called sunshine island) and Rune factory.

Magical Pokemon
3rd December 2009, 4:44 AM
Magical Pokemon, again I thank you for your updates and infomation.

I started playing Animal Parade... I love it so far.. Only thing I'm taking a dislike to is that it takes such a long time to travel anywhere.

I have a Cow named Molly. :) lol. Can you find flowers in the wilderness or do you have to grow them???

As I've only made it uo to Spring 28th Year 1...I'm afraid I cannot accurately answer your question, but because I have foraged alot already in-game I would have to say that you can only get honey and flowers from buying the product, planting seeds, or growing flowers.

AceTrainerTim
4th December 2009, 7:03 AM
Yes, junpearl63 you may join, welcome. :)

.I'm afraid I cannot accurately answer your question, but because I have foraged alot already in-game I would have to say that you can only get honey and flowers from buying the product, planting seeds, or growing flowers

Oh okay. Thanks then. :)

Magical Pokemon
5th December 2009, 6:09 PM
New information revealed on Harvest Moon: Village of Twins. Due to the the new screenshots it has been assumed that in both vilages you can grow crops and animals, but with certain restrictions.

Bluebell: (The European-style village) You can raise a lot more animals than in Konohana amd raise Blubell exclusive animals. You grow less crops than in Konohana, and you do no get to grow Konohana-exclusive crops.

Knohana: (The Japanese-style village) You can grow more crops than in Bluebell and grow Konohana-eclusive crops. You raise less animals than Bluebell, and you do not get raise Bluebell-exclusive animals.

There are a lot of flowers to grow in this game.

There is a maker that looks like a giant aging pot that is called a "Tsukemono Maker". I am not sure what it makes.

The main site now has a Harvest Moon: Twin Villages section.

The Wiiware exclusive Harvest Moon game, Harvest Moon: My Little Shop is now availiable in America.

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=115440

Look at pages 13 through 15.

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=115763&start=180

chihaya01
11th December 2009, 5:07 AM
I REALLY have't posted awhile, so heres some Twin town Infor, I bet most yall knew already!

http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=3704

has names for most buildings and a few scans of the game! Jeez, I can't pick between Bluebell or Konohoan or however its spelled...

http://www.ranchstory.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=3790

some characters in the game, Kamil, or Grape, or what ever his name is, Will so be my characters Groom~Sorry Respberry! What ever kind name that is that anyway? But I can't pick, Maybe Ash or Arsh, what ever his name is. GAH SO HARD!

Magical Pokemon
13th December 2009, 3:30 AM
New infomation on Harvest Moon: Village of Twins!

*You can woo (court) the marriage canidates from both villages no matter which village you live in.

* One of the Wi-Fi cababilities for this game is the same as the one in Harvest Moon: Wind's Bazzar! (You can connect to many people over Wi-Fi with the same game, and they can come over to your farm or their farm.)

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=118539

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=115763&start=210

chihaya01
15th December 2009, 4:14 AM
Also, A Date has been set for the game!

http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/

My guess is that its the japan date, 25/2/2010

Also, The Tsukemono Maker is Located in Bluebell. It makes Sweets. I think they might have the samething in Konohana that makes Japanese Dishes, but im usally wrong with my guess.

http://www.famitsu.com/image/4295/s214_ZWUc8oLwp35b26g43962lEF5EWeUbt45.jpg

I also guess that, this is the main character Konohana Houes. She has the Konohana clothes, the Cherry Blossom, and afew seeds grow by the houes, myabe a flower garden?

AceTrainerTim
15th December 2009, 7:05 AM
Well. Again I thank Magical Pokemon Chihaya for there game updates. The game seems to be looking fairly interesting. Also I got a hunch that the flying owl is how you can travel between villages, but thats just a hunch. I also wonder if it will be called Twin Villages in english, since Animal March is now Animal Parade.

chihaya01
19th December 2009, 5:36 PM
And when I want it to play in the mountain early to return the owls to call at the foot of the village carried will to will.
Note: Pets can be kept in the このはな village.

Cocoa and watermelon too such as roses and sunflower and Casablanca can be grown.

What I got when I translated the main site (Still wondering what I pressed)

The Owl will carry you to other places

The Tsukemono Maker is really in Konohana, it pickles things!

Chinese cabbage and radish are the winter crops of the game! The Ponds alos freeze in the winter! Use a hammer to break the ice to fish!

You can eve have a skate bored, how cool! The game also has Foraging and Some animals living in the Mountain like Cats, monkeys, bears amd more!

Some more characters are now here!

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=BVNav&from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bokumono.com%2Fseries%2Ffutago% 2Fchara%2Fpartner3.html

Magical Pokemon
29th December 2009, 1:34 AM
New information!

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.ph...5763&start=270

* You can use a wagon and one of three different horses to transport goods. However, it is unknown if you are able to travel between the two towns using the wagon.

* You can have differently colored outfits.

chihaya01
29th December 2009, 7:37 AM
Also some new BlueBell characters!

Rudger and Rose~

Also, im looking for animle parade but I can't find it anywhere TT-TT

Edit-

Also, it seems as the Horses Grow up they're carts change or maybe you can pick from the three horses like Magic Pokemon said~

I also saw something saying Reverse proposal. wonder what that means (Google Translator words things weird)

Magical Pokemon
29th December 2009, 9:14 PM
Also some new BlueBell characters!

Rudger and Rose~

Also, im looking for animle parade but I can't find it anywhere TT-TT

Edit-

Also, it seems as the Horses Grow up they're carts change or maybe you can pick from the three horses like Magic Pokemon said~

I also saw something saying Reverse proposal. wonder what that means (Google Translator words things weird)

Where do you live? That maybe a factor in finding Harvest Moon: Animal Parade.

As the reverse proposal topic says here:

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=118832

It may very well be just reversed in that if you are playing as the female charcter you propse to your spouse. (In real life it is always the male that proposes to the female.)

chihaya01
31st December 2009, 8:29 AM
Oh I thought it ment that the guy will propose if your playing as a girl. Maybe they should do that in one of the games!!!

And yay Gamestop said they got more AP! I just have to get there befor its all gone again. AND YAY MARIO GALAXY 2! *Slaped for going off-topic*

Magical Pokemon
31st December 2009, 11:08 PM
New information on Harvest Moon: Twin Villages for the Nintendo DS!

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=118551

AceTrainerTim
1st January 2010, 4:15 AM
Happy New Year everyone!

Thanks for the updates again... :)

Magical Pokemon
1st January 2010, 7:52 PM
Happy New Year!

(Let's hope we get a lot of Harvest Moon games in the coming year!)

chihaya01
23rd January 2010, 5:08 AM
Finally, some news! 4 new characters!

http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/chara/partner2.html

another bachlor! he lives in the Japanese style village.

also three more European villagers. Two girls and I think one guy...

http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/movie/index.html

extra stuff

Penguinist Trainer
23rd January 2010, 6:24 AM
I was just looking at the pictures from the links. Is that a guy wearing lipstick or a really beefy looking woman? Also I was wondering if there was any information from any english speaking distributors? I like the some of the character designs though.

riolulu
23rd January 2010, 7:47 PM
Oh my god hi guys!!!! i thought this club died. O.O huh I guess not! Sorry I was gone, I was doing a lot of schoolwork and had mid terms! But those are over and now I have a nice relaxing weekend. :3

So what have we all been doing? I know that I've been playing my Another Wonderful Life game a lot to kill time before studying...I restarted it cheat-free and am doing a lot better than before. My cow's giving S milk! yay!

So what did I miss while I was gone?

~riolulu

IJuggler
24th January 2010, 1:52 PM
I would like to join, and I must say that I love the Harvest Moon games I've played. I currently own A Wonderful Life, More Friends of Mineral Town, Island of Happiness and Tree of Tranquility.

Are you guys looking for any mini-guides or anything? I would gladly write a get-rich-quick guide or two for Island of Happiness (I'm in year three, and I have the greenhouse + all the upgrades).

I probably won't be as active as other members, but I'd still like to be a part of the group :).

Magical Pokemon
24th January 2010, 6:50 PM
I was just looking at the pictures from the links. Is that a guy wearing lipstick or a really beefy looking woman? Also I was wondering if there was any information from any english speaking distributors? I like the some of the character designs though.

It's a man, and his name is Howard. The translation says that Lia is his daughter.

Here is Lia: (She is the first girl on this screen.)

That new male bachelor is named Chihiro, and lives in Konohana.

http://www.bokumono.com/series/futago/chara/partner2.html

And, for Blubell: (These are not marriable characters)

1) Cheryl
2) Howard
3) Airin

And, here are the commercials for the game:

Also, the game has been postponed, and will now come out in Japan in Spring 2010.

IJuggler
26th January 2010, 12:35 AM
;_;

I lost a whole day on Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness today, thanks to the game freezing. What a motivation killer.

Has this happened to anyone else often? Or even at all?

On a different topic; does anyone here have a problem getting Tartan in AWL? The last time I played, Tartan wouldn't appear. I don't remember ever getting him before, so is it possible my game is glitched?

Magical Pokemon
30th January 2010, 6:47 PM
I just found something that will interest all of you. A Harvest Moon themed wikipedia! This is the page dealing with Harvest Moon Wind's Bazaar. I thought that, for those of you that know of the game, would be interested in the information listed here. Harvest Moon: Wind's Bazaar came out December 2008 in Japan, and no video game company outside of Japan has yet to officially confirm they are translating it.

http://harvestmoon.wikia.com/wiki/Harvest_Moon:_Welcome!_to_Wind_Bazaar

Edit: (2/27/10)

Instead of the famous colored heart systeem to tell a bachelor/bachelorette's love for you in Harvest Moon: Village of Twins this system has been changed to colored flowers.

http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=121899

Tag3r
21st March 2010, 9:08 PM
Hey people, Id love to join! I've played HM DS & MM for my wii, and im just addicted! i also own FoMT & MFoMT, but only the ROMS... sigh... i want the real thing... anyways can i join?

Solo://:Soul
24th March 2010, 12:30 AM
Hey I'll join. I've been playing the series since I was probably 5. I have almost every game, Next to pokemon, one of my favorite games to date.

Vycksta
27th March 2010, 8:44 PM
No posting in a thread if the last post was made more than 30 days ago. This is classed as bumping topics and is against SPPf rules.

/gets Sneasels to stake closed signs all over club