PDA

View Full Version : Why is the celebi in the storyline shiny? (PMD2)

alexsv11
6th January 2009, 12:05 AM
Its cool and all but is there a reason. Why not a regular celebi?

Monksea
6th January 2009, 1:05 AM
Cause the celebi is a girl and Pink is a cool color:)
Ahh....Shinys are nice they refresh us instead of always using the same colored pokemon over and over it gets boring..

blasian amtrax
6th January 2009, 4:24 AM
maybe because on eotime you can recruit celebi, and the one from the storyline is meant to be non-existent once you beat dialga so it would seem odd if the recruitable one was the same as the 'gone' celebi

alexsv11
6th January 2009, 1:03 PM
maybe because on eotime you can recruit celebi, and the one from the storyline is meant to be non-existent once you beat dialga so it would seem odd if the recruitable one was the same as the 'gone' celebi
That actually makes sense
Thanks

Aqueous
6th January 2009, 10:41 PM
What they said. The shiny version is the now non existant Celebi, although I wished they did the same on Grovile...

ShinyCollector007
6th January 2009, 10:51 PM
Yes it does sound reasonable blasian amtrax. It also sounds weird, since i never heard of shinies in PMD series

blasian amtrax
6th January 2009, 11:46 PM
celebi is the only one in the series, although nobody knows whats in pmd3 so there could more of them in that

Mew's desire
7th January 2009, 12:33 AM
Pink=Girl.
Oh c'mon, its obvious, right?

Forretress Fan
7th January 2009, 12:48 AM
Most Likely to tell its Gender as having a crush on Grovyle
Plus make a Shiny Legend that's impossible to obtain ;)

(s.i.e)
9th January 2009, 5:36 PM
Pink=Girl.

you know, some old member from this site nicked as normalize called all the guys in a thread
sexist pigs because i mentioned the same as you do now don't take that thing too serious.

i do find it unusual though, i'm not used top shinies in the PMD series so it was surprising when i frst saw it.

TurtwigFan1
9th January 2009, 5:53 PM
What everyone else said, and also because she blushed so hard when she started crushing on Grovyle.

PurpleMew
9th January 2009, 7:10 PM
Pink=Girl.

Celebi is determined by gender because it doesn't have a gender.
And the Celebi is shiny because it would be wierd if the Celebi you could recruit in Time was the same one that went in the storyline. And its Shiny to make both Celebi's in the game eaay to tell apart. And to make it shiny was the simpest option.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
9th January 2009, 7:12 PM
Or as said before, to emphasis that the Celebi is a girl as pink is generally a female colour

Pingouin7
9th January 2009, 7:47 PM
No. The one PurpleMew said makes the most sense.

Also, when Celebi appears, you can see the Shiny Stars swirl around it, just like in D/P.

alexsv11
10th January 2009, 12:13 AM
Most of these make complete sense
Im not sexist but in most cases pink=girl

rekreatur
10th January 2009, 1:34 AM
You can't say the Shiny Celebi's a female because it's pink. It's genderless. >_>

It's Shiny just because the writers made it like that.

Ryuartyi
10th January 2009, 2:20 AM
You can't say the Shiny Celebi's a female because it's pink. It's genderless. >_>

It's shiny just because the writers made it like that.

The shiny Celebi is female. If you look at the game script or watch the cut-scenes Grovyle tells the player that "she has the ability to cross time,". While it is true you can't say that shiny is female just because it's pink, you can say it is because of the game's script.

It's obvious that the trend has been in young girls that they are interested in pink things. Since this game, like all Pokémon games, are targeted to a younger audience they made the Celebi shiny to make its gender clear. That's probably the reason, but we'll never know the real answer.

mewfanforlife
11th January 2009, 3:30 AM
Yes it does sound reasonable blasian amtrax. It also sounds weird, since i never heard of shinies in PMD series

One of the Keckleon brothers says hi. Celebi is actually the second shiny. (Unless I'm forgetting one too)

Clamps
11th January 2009, 3:35 AM
One of the Keckleon brothers says hi. Celebi is actually the second shiny. (Unless I'm forgetting one too)

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/c/c2/Spr_4d_352_s.png
This is a shiny Kecleon. lrn 2 google.

Since Celebi is genderless, and impossible to be female, the only reason for it being shiny is to make it different from the one thats obtainable in Time.

Mr. Mudkip
11th January 2009, 4:12 AM
It's like the red gyrados of G/S/C, it shows they exist, and then taunts you.

NinjaBaker
11th January 2009, 4:48 AM
Its probobly just pink to show that its different from the one we see in other games and in PMD2.

;251;