PDA

View Full Version : Team Rocket Serebii Division (TRSD)

CyberBlastoise
6th January 2009, 7:18 PM
This is a fan club for Team Rocket. Here you can talk about their tactics, favorite pokemon, favorite scenes, etc.

But, even the bad guys have their set of rules. Here's ours.
Rules:
1. All Sppf general and Club rules apply
2. No spam, flames, trolls, etc.
3. Please keep all posts on the subject of Team Rocket.
4. You will be partnered up with another member when on here, so if you have one specific member that has not been paired up with or that you have consulted with and you both agreed to be partners, it's best that you let me know.
5. Spread our evil everywhere.
6. You can talk more than just Jessie, James, Meowth, etc.
7. When you get a partner, you both then have a "talking" pokemon as your mascot so to speak. At the beginning of each of your posts, you have to put in the mascot first thing. If you are not partnered up yet then you don't need one. What the mascot is is up to both of you.

Here's how infractions work.
1st infraction- warning
2nd infraction- another warning
3rd infraction- suspension for three days
4th infraction- suspension for a week
5th infraction- suspension for a month
6th infraction- permaban
Dylan_Cypher- I
Jessie&James- I
Blackjack_Gabbiani-II
Commander L. Halsti-I
None yea far

CyberBlastoise- Dylan_Cypher
alli940-Mr. Joker-still need talking pokemon
Misfit_PM-Tadashi-;197;
Jessie&James-Shane-san-no one yet
Blackjack_Gabbiani-Pearl's Perap-no one yet
Brando95-chihaya01-no one yet
IcyDragon0605-Hydro_King-no one yet
Missingno. Master-TurtwigFan1-no one yet

alli940
7th January 2009, 7:38 PM
ill join. i think team rocket is cool but that guy in the 4th movie was really ugly and like a weird captain falcon wannabe...

toobad there are so few members...

CyberBlastoise
11th January 2009, 6:11 PM
Okay, you are allowed Alli. And now to respond to your talking about the Iron Mask Marauder. I liked him; he introduced mind-control over pokemon with portable devices, that could also strengthen the Pokemon it controls.

Mr. Joker
11th January 2009, 6:18 PM
I would like to join! I am a big fan of Team Rocket. Although I am not a big fan of Meoth now in the Anime (I miss Maddie). I like the return of Team Rocket in G/S/C. I am also a fan of Geovanni! I am a Fan of Jesse more then James but I like James to!

chihaya01
11th January 2009, 6:29 PM
Can I join this club. Team Rocket make the show funny and without them well the show would suck or not be that funny. GO MEOWTH ;052; GO MEOWTH ;052; GO MEOWTH ;052;. you can see Meowth if the best

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th January 2009, 1:20 AM
So I totally have to join seriously.

Why is it that the Rocket club on Bulbagarden gets gratutious posts but on here they always die? (*knocks on some wood*)

Anyway! My favorite Rockets are Giovanni (of course), Domino, Iron Mask Marauder, Bashou, and Buson. JJ&M are great, but give me evil jerks.

I also think I'm IMM's only fan. He's awesome and win and basically a prototype J, and people love J.

IcyDragon0605
12th January 2009, 2:15 AM
I'll join.

I mainly like team rocket because of their tactics in Crystal. I was upset to see that Giavonni didn't make an appearence in Crystal, at least that I know of (just beat 7th gym).

Brando95
12th January 2009, 2:26 AM
I'm goint to have to join. I don't think that I'm aquainted with everyone yet... hm... we're going to have to change that.
Anyways, HI CYBERBLASTOISE. Accept me into your club... OR ELSE.

Blackjack Gabbiani
12th January 2009, 2:30 AM
No, he's only in the Kanto games, which is a shame.

I always thought there was a perfect place for him in GSC, on Mt Silver. How there's that one woman in the tiny house who tells you that she doesn't want to be found and she'll give you an item if you don't tell anyone where she is. I always thought that instead of some random person (I think she's an actress) it would have made sense for Giovanni to be there. I mean hell, Mt Silver is where all the strong pokemon are (and where SPOILER is--I'll let that be a surprise since you haven't gotten that far), so he would want to be there.

Brando95
12th January 2009, 2:37 AM
I always thought there was a perfect place for him in GSC, on Mt Silver. How there's that one woman in the tiny house who tells you that she doesn't want to be found and she'll give you an item if you don't tell anyone where she is. I always thought that instead of some random person (I think she's an actress) it would have made sense for Giovanni to be there. I mean hell, Mt Silver is where all the strong pokemon are (and where SPOILER is--I'll let that be a surprise since you haven't gotten that far), so he would want to be there.
Yeah, that random lady doesn't make any sense. Giovanni would've done nicely. Since he stopped being evil in RBY, maybe he could've been seeking refuge in Mt. Silver. Oh well...
Mabye in the Remake.

Mr. Joker
12th January 2009, 2:56 AM
No, he's only in the Kanto games, which is a shame.

It is simple He got a Sex Change. I was kind-off sad that Geovanni wasn't in the Crystal. I was hoping to see him somewhere in Mt. Silver to. I am still lookin for a partner. It dosnt have to be a girl.... I am fine with a guy, just don't get to connected.

Hydro King
12th January 2009, 3:26 AM
I'd really like to join please. =) My second-favorite type is Dark and I'm a huge fan of Team Rocket. My favorite Team Rocket character is Geovanni, BTW.
I was very disapointed when Team Rocket didn't show up at all in both R/S/E and D/P(/P). Thank goodness for FR/LG - I really miss them being in the Pokemon games...

Dylan_Cypher
13th January 2009, 7:05 PM
CB... I'm joining... I figured you would assume I'd join since you and I were the original TRSD (circa 2008)

CyberBlastoise
13th January 2009, 7:30 PM
Okay, everyone is accepted, but Dylan please make sure you don't one line, again. Also Dylan and I are partnering up for the TRSD leaders. The rest of you can either partner with each other, wait for someone else to join so you can partner up with them, or you can find someone that you want to partner up with and ask them to join. Either way, please ask them via pm or vm before making an announcement on partnering up.

It is simple He got a Sex Change. I was kind-off sad that Geovanni wasn't in the Crystal. I was hoping to see him somewhere in Mt. Silver to. I am still lookin for a partner. It dosnt have to be a girl.... I am fine with a guy, just don't get to connected.

That was funny I'll give you that. Another thing is that TRSD partners are partners-in-crime, not like the RocketShipping or NeoShipping, just saying.

Mr. Joker
13th January 2009, 10:55 PM
Cool. Any topics? If not here I have one!
Witch member of Team Rocket did you NOT like
I really dis-liked the scientest that helped Cassidy and Buch in the Lugia baby arc. I just dont know why but he seemed to good to be for Team Rocket. But I liked his idea on type-hanging. I wish I could do that to my Wooper.

Blackjack Gabbiani
14th January 2009, 1:25 PM
Me I don't like Cassidy.

And if Giovanni's so popular, how is it hardly anyone seems to be able to spell his name? Come on, it's not even that rare of a name; it's not like they made it up or anything.

alli940
14th January 2009, 2:07 PM
Witch member of Team Rocket did you NOT like
the IRON MASK, hes too weird.

Giovanni is so cool, i wish he would be in all the games.

also: does anybody want to be my rocket partner?

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th January 2009, 5:10 AM
See, I thought he was one of the LEAST weird members. Sure he dresses like a freak and he's really impulsive, but he's got nothing compared to, say, Wendy.

Hydro King
15th January 2009, 5:52 AM
And if Giovanni's so popular, how is it hardly anyone seems to be able to spell his name? Come on, it's not even that rare of a name; it's not like they made it up or anything.
lol I only spelt it wrong because I haven't been thinking about the Rockets for quite some time now. (I copied and pasted the name from someone else's post =P) Also, he's the only person I myself have heard of that bears such a name. XD

Which member of Team Rocket did you NOT like?
I don't like both Cassidy and Butch much at all. They were never as funny as Jessie and James... (and Meowth of course)

I'll see if I can't get one of my old friends to join and partner up with me. If not, I'll have to make due with one of you guys. =P (jk)

alli940
15th January 2009, 10:07 AM
me and mr. joker are partners now... just check my profile...

also. THE IRON MASK is perhaps and evil genius but they dont have to dress like freaking captain falcon. also, i couldnt really choose from many since i live in iceland and only the first season was aired there... but the movies continued...

Jessie&James
15th January 2009, 10:14 AM
I wanna join! I'm like... Team Rocket's No.1 Fan!! I like James the best, then followed by Jessie and Meowth last.

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th January 2009, 12:37 PM
Why does everyone compare him to Captain Falcon?

You know, BESIDES this (http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/6688/ashgetsfalconpunched3st5.png).

He'd have fake abs if his outfit was like Falcon's. And Falcon's "mask" is more of a helmet with a visor, and doesn't resemble a skull.

CyberBlastoise
15th January 2009, 4:15 PM
Witch member of Team Rocket did you NOT like?

Honestly, I liked them all...well...except Butch and Cassidy. I just didn't like them, mainly because they are Jessie and James' rivals.

Also, you do have a good point Blackjack, but I never seen IMM be anything like Captain Falcon.

Jessie&James...you are both accepted and striked for one-lining. Please don't let it happen too often, I want to keep this thread from being deleted.

Pearl's Perap
15th January 2009, 4:21 PM
I also think I'm IMM's only fan. He's awesome and win and basically a prototype J, and people love J.

You're not, I loved the IMM and Voice of the Forest is one of my favourite out of the movies :3

Anyway, ya, I'd love to join, until Galactic were brought into the game, Team Rocket were always my favourite crime syndicate, especially in the games. Team Rocket in the generation two games were my favourites by far, though, the lack of Giovanni was sad, the executives were really cool in my eyes.

Oh, and you've gotta love JJ&M

Brando95
17th January 2009, 2:43 AM
Witch member of Team Rocket did you NOT like?
First off, I'd like to make note that it is "Which" not "Witch". *looks at topic*. Anyway, I like all of them but, Atila and Hun. They're aight. But, not as awesome as Butch and Cassidy.

Dylan_Cypher
20th January 2009, 2:08 AM
I'm taking this moment to officially and profusely apologize for my earlier one-line. At the time my net access clock was ticking to a close rather fast. Now that I am back in the land of the twenty-four hour internet, I shall be more profuse with my posts.

ON TOPIC... Which Rocket Member do you notlike?

For my own reasons, my answer to this question has to be the man himself: Giovanni. Admittedly he was a thorn in the side of those of us who've been into the games since R/B but in the storyline of the world he's not done much other than show off Mewtwo. Sorry Gio ole pal but you just don't make the cut for my list of likes.

Misfit_PM
21st January 2009, 6:00 AM
Ahhh.... it's here at last...

May I join? I love team rocket, they have their ups and downs... and sometimes they manage to go sideways.... but that's beside the point... ^_^

CyberBlastoise
21st January 2009, 6:13 AM
Ah yes, welcome Pearl's Perap and Misfit. You are both accepted.

Now then New Topic: Which Pokemon do you think Team Rocket should start using?

I myself believe that they should start using water-types, but that's because I love water-types. Another one I think that they should use is Steel types besides Magneton.

Announcement: Okay we're piling up on single members, so I will give you each 72 hours to pair up with another member or find someone to join this club as your pair or I will randomly pair you up...starting...now.

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd January 2009, 12:32 PM
Bashou and Buson both have steel types (which is why pairing them is called Steelshipping, dontcha know). IMM had Scizor but released it about midway through the movie.

For someone who's the master of ground types, animeverse Giovanni doesn't have many. He's got...Golem? And Nidoking, right? Then Cloyster and Kingler--what the hell--and Persian. And of course had Mewtwo for an unspecified amount of time. Aah, that thing was Superman to his Lex Luthor. Or at least some semi-good version of Brainiac. Either way Giovanni is totally Luthor. Which means Domino is Mercy Graves. Wait, wasn't I talking about ground types?

Missingno. Master
23rd January 2009, 1:00 PM
Count me in! I love Team Rocket! Jessie, James and Meowth are my favorites.

Which Pokemon do you think Team Rocket should start using?

I'd say Pokemon along the lines of Gastly, Spinarak, and their evolutions. Of course, I can only speak for the games, not the Manga or anything else. In the anime, however, I think either Jessie or James should buy a Magikarp from the Magikarp salesman, actually KEEP it, and evolve it into a Gyarados.

Shane-san
23rd January 2009, 8:51 PM
I'll sign up for this! Team Rocket...rocks! :D

Shane-san
23rd January 2009, 8:55 PM
I'll join up with this club!

CyberBlastoise
23rd January 2009, 9:12 PM
...shane and missingno both accepted. Shane you are also infracted for one-lining. Please people we don't need this club destroyed.

Also, Alli and Mr. Joker, we still need a pokemon from you. everyone else, hurry up and find a partner, please, you have 24 hours remaining.

Shane-san
23rd January 2009, 9:29 PM
...shane and missingno both accepted. Shane you are also infracted for one-lining. Please people we don't need this club destroyed.

Also, Alli and Mr. Joker, we still need a pokemon from you. everyone else, hurry up and find a partner, please, you have 24 hours remaining.

My apologies for my one liner, CyberBlastiose.

If she doesn't mind I would like to be Jesse&James' partner.

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd January 2009, 10:04 PM
I'm wondering about this partner system...why is it needed? There's only six agents shown to be partnered (Jesse and James, Butch and Cassidy, and Bashou and Buson). Everyone else either works alone or in large groups.
Unless you count Special in which case there's three Rocket TRIOS. Which actually J&J may be considered because you can't have them without Meowth.

Mr. Joker
23rd January 2009, 10:30 PM
I am thinking that there moto will always be Persian/Meoth. I am hoping that it will be changed to stunky. Also If Alli dosn't post in the next 24 hours our pokemon will be Stunky.

Tadashi
24th January 2009, 6:27 AM
Well alrighty, since this was so much fun in the GR, I might as well come over here ^^

And I bring news!

1. Misfit_PM and I are Rocket partners now ^_^ So you can take her off the list.

2. We've chosen an Umbreon for our mascot ^^

And, uh, that's all.

CyberBlastoise
25th January 2009, 12:09 AM
All right, Tadashi you are approved, you and Misfit are now partners, and your mascot is a talking Umbreon. Got it.

I'm wondering about this partner system...why is it needed?

It's just for fun. Plus I have ulterior motives...hmhmhm...

Brando95
25th January 2009, 12:50 AM
Hmm... Yanmega was a good one but, I don't know what they should add. Maybe Jessie can get a Feebas. Cassidy should get a Milotic. That'd get Jessie angry.

Also, I don't care if you randomly pair me, CyberBlastoise. I'll be happy with anybody.

IcyDragon0605
25th January 2009, 1:29 AM

I think James should get a Duskull, or a Dusclops. Hasn't been awhile since James had a strong pokemon. Sure Cacnea was a good battler but Weezing was much better.

In the RPGs, if team rocket return I think they should start using Lunatones and Solrocks. Just cuz.

About the partner upping, I don't care who I get paired with as long as they are not a jerk.

Blackjack Gabbiani
25th January 2009, 4:18 AM
James should get a Combee. I think you can see where I'm going with this.

CyberBlastoise
26th January 2009, 7:01 PM
Okay, I warned you now as the boss of TRSD I have paired each of you up. Maybe you'll like your partner maybe you won't. Missingno. Master is the only one lacking a partner.

Also Blackjack you are infracted for onelining.

Blackjack Gabbiani
30th January 2009, 11:08 AM
That was two sentences. What the heck are you talking about?

Seriously, WHAT are you talking about? Why are you minimodding?

CyberBlastoise
30th January 2009, 3:30 PM
A. I'm the owner. I'm not mini-modding...here I am allowed to infract upon if you do break a rule...which you did.
B. One lining is not one sentence. It's one line on a post when the screen is set to maximize.

TurtwigFan1
30th January 2009, 11:57 PM
I'll join please! I love Team Rocket and am in fact writing a fic about a new agent. My favourite members are JJM because they're so funny and are such a bumbling trio. Giovanni is awesome, obviously and I can't wait to be a member of the TSRD.

Blackjack Gabbiani
31st January 2009, 8:09 AM
A. I'm the owner. I'm not mini-modding...here I am allowed to infract upon if you do break a rule...which you did.
B. One lining is not one sentence. It's one line on a post when the screen is set to maximize.

What purpose does such a demand serve? We're here to have fun, and stuff like that honestly doesn't help us do so. Neither does forcing us to have "partners" and a "mascot"--this isn't a role play, it's a discussion group.

Anyway, Giovanni needs Rhyperior, but that's not exactly "new", just an evolution of what he already has.

Brando95
1st February 2009, 9:11 PM
YAY! I have a partner! Now I need a talking pokemon!
How about... Milotic! No... that's too strong and beautiful. How about... Smeargle! No... that's too weak.
I know! Glameow!

CyberBlastoise
2nd February 2009, 1:34 AM
What purpose does such a demand serve? We're here to have fun, and stuff like that honestly doesn't help us do so. Neither does forcing us to have "partners" and a "mascot"--this isn't a role play, it's a discussion group.

Okay, maybe so, but onelining and a few other things can and will delete a club if happened too often. I know, I don't like it either..okay? but we all have to live by it.

Also, if you don't like this club wait until it dies down. Then you can put in your own uniqueness in it. Until then though, my club, my rules (and SPPF rules)

Now then back on track. They aired an episode that I really enjoyed, yesterday. A Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine. (if I'm wrong on the name let me know.) This really shows how much potential Team Rocket has if they put their minds and bodies to it.

Welcome TurtwigFan. Allow me to introduce you to your partner Missingno Master.

Brando95
2nd February 2009, 1:37 AM
It's called A LEAN MEAN TEAM ROCKET MACHINE (No fighting) but, yes. Team Rocket did great in that episode. I saw the whole "not resistant to electricity" thing coming, though.

CyberBlastoise
2nd February 2009, 1:50 AM
Thanks Brando. Yeah, even so, they really steped up their game. I was so proud that the writers decided to give Jessie, James, and Meowth a larger break than usual. Although, I would've figured that something else would happen rather than the electric attack.

Brando95
2nd February 2009, 2:34 AM
Thanks Brando. Yeah, even so, they really steped up their game. I was so proud that the writers decided to give Jessie, James, and Meowth a larger break than usual. Although, I would've figured that something else would happen rather than the electric attack.
Yeah. I'm just glad that Team Rocket is being better at what they do. They used to be big losers! Now, they're only little losers! Sure they never steal any pokemon but, at least Jessie has won two Ribbons!
That's a big step for her!

CyberBlastoise
2nd February 2009, 2:52 AM
True, plus James had nearly won that Pokemon Ringer competition and he really seems to be growing a backbone which to me is great. Perhaps he will be able to show Jessie that he's not that goofy person he often portrays himself as, but as a strong and proud member of Team Rocket. Someday soon, I feel that James and Jessie will get their large break soon.

Brando95
2nd February 2009, 2:53 AM
True, plus James had nearly won that Pokemon Ringer competition and he really seems to be growing a backbone which to me is great. Perhaps he will be able to show Jessie that he's not that goofy person he often portrays himself as, but as a strong and proud member of Team Rocket. Someday soon, I feel that James and Jessie will get their large break soon.
I hope that Jessie makes it to the Grand Festival. That'll be great.

Deoxysmatter
2nd February 2009, 5:53 AM
...Cyber Blastoise, you finally made the club. I would like to formally join the club. My favorite member of Team rocket is Phantom from Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea...you all know who I am talking about. My second favorite is meowth(obviously). I know I am not supposed to be asking this now, but can my talking pokemon be a Shroomish?

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd February 2009, 5:59 AM
I found some cosplayers (http://fmn.ushimairi.com/080622-2.html) that everyone will enjoy. Those two don't get the respect they deserve, even though they captured a Legendary (well, two, but Raikou got away due to twerp intervention. Lousy twerps...)

Also...wait, Phantom? Phantom's not a Rocket! He's not even a dub Rocket like Annie and Oakley! The Rockets just knew about him was all.

Deoxysmatter
2nd February 2009, 6:12 AM
I found some cosplayers (http://fmn.ushimairi.com/080622-2.html) that everyone will enjoy. Those two don't get the respect they deserve, even though they captured a Legendary (well, two, but Raikou got away due to twerp intervention. Lousy twerps...)

Also...wait, Phantom? Phantom's not a Rocket! He's not even a dub Rocket like Annie and Oakley! The Rockets just knew about him was all.

oh...my bad. I guess meowth is my favorite with butch and cassidy at a close second.

chihaya01
3rd February 2009, 4:18 AM
Well me and my partner picked Glameow and I was also wondering what we do in this club...
Ya what do we do in this club?

IcyDragon0605
3rd February 2009, 5:51 AM

Not only that but he won that contest in the Battle Frointier, the scavenger hunt.

I just thought of something, can you guys see James with a Nosepass or Probapass? I can see James with a lot of pokemon actually...

One more thing, those cosplayers are really deticated to a TV show...

CyberBlastoise
9th February 2009, 12:27 AM
Not only that but he won that contest in the Battle Frointier, the scavenger hunt.

I just thought of something, can you guys see James with a Nosepass or Probapass? I can see James with a lot of pokemon actually...

One more thing, those cosplayers are really deticated to a TV show...

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the scavenger hunt. I laughed at Jessie and Meowth's expressions when James gave that food away to Ash and co.

Here's a topic: Do you think the Pokemon co. should let Team Rocket succeed in stealing some pokemon for their boss?

Blackjack Gabbiani
9th February 2009, 11:59 AM
I think they should send him something that he'll actually keep, and then they'll be horrified when they call to check up on it and it's turned into a killing machine. "That's our sweet little (whatever)? But it's..." "It's been molded into an effective member of my organization." "...oh...but sir it...n...never mind..."

That said, he totally should have kept Togepi. It's useless in battle, but he could have sold it for big bucks.

skyzulin
6th March 2009, 10:53 PM
Do you think the Pokemon co. should let Team Rocket succeed in stealing some pokemon for their boss?

Haven't they done that before? With one of Jessie's pokemon? The Boss didn't want/need it. I think that'll happen everytime.

By the way, may I join? I love Team Rocket!

Blackjack Gabbiani
8th March 2009, 6:47 AM
Yeah, with Yanma. But then didn't he evolve it for them?

Commander L. Halsti
22nd March 2009, 2:54 PM
May I join? It'd be nice to see Ash's Pokemon being caged up in Giovanni's villa.:D:D He's a disastrous trainer.

chihaya01
23rd March 2009, 1:55 AM
Okay both of you one line posted! Please don't do that of the club will be closed

...Mostly I think without team rocket the show would be suckish!

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd March 2009, 3:05 AM
*sigh* The "one line" thing is about single *sentence* posts and is supposed to be anti-spam (even though it's folly to expect people to needlessly pad out posts--ie, to spam--to *avoid* spam...).

Anyway! Thoughts on Yusuke? Or whatever his name was...

Commander L. Halsti
24th March 2009, 8:43 PM
Quits TR to make a living... Treacherous, but expectable.

CyberBlastoise
27th March 2009, 3:46 PM
*sigh* The "one line" thing is about single *sentence* posts and is supposed to be anti-spam (even though it's folly to expect people to needlessly pad out posts--ie, to spam--to *avoid* spam...).

Anyway! Thoughts on Yusuke? Or whatever his name was...

no...the oneline thing means as it says...one line of text in a post. You can write a single sentence for several lines and not oneline.

Anyways, Blackjack and Commander are both infracted for one lining. Commander did it twice but I'll let him off with a warning and one infraction.

Okay, Yusuke? What? Never heard of him.

Anyone remember Tyson?

Blackjack Gabbiani
29th March 2009, 8:37 AM
You seriously need to explain what you mean by "one lining" then because that was multiple sentences, and was over one line of text on the screen. Not everyone has the same screen size you do, and yours must be abnormally large if you think that was a "one liner".

Yusuke is from the recent Rocket-centric episode. He's a former agent who now runs a noodle shop in Sinnoh. And he's kinda like Mondo, only he trained under J&J rather than serving them in the field.

And yes, Tyson is awesome and needs to appear again. Bashou and Buson get all the attention but people forget there's a third person of that rank.

Commander L. Halsti
1st April 2009, 11:54 AM
Tyson is a member of a series of characters long forgotten, just like Sebastian and Nanba. I wish somebody like him was sent to assist Jessie, James and Meowth make their plans for pilfering Pokemon. A menacing Team Rocket is what this show lacks. There was an article published today, probably as a prank, that ˝announced Pikachu's soon demise˝. What if it was real? TR poisons Pikachu, and then, Ash tries to save him, but fails... What a sudden impact.

Tiffany
1st April 2009, 1:28 PM
no...the oneline thing means as it says...one line of text in a post. You can write a single sentence for several lines and not oneline.

Anyways, Blackjack and Commander are both infracted for one lining. Commander did it twice but I'll let him off with a warning and one infraction.

Okay, Yusuke? What? Never heard of him.

Anyone remember Tyson?

Can you reiterate what your "one-line" quota is? I think there may be problems on people understanding what a "one-liner" is and I'd like to clarify it if that's the issue. Thanks.

CyberBlastoise
2nd April 2009, 2:57 PM
You seriously need to explain what you mean by "one lining" then because that was multiple sentences, and was over one line of text on the screen. Not everyone has the same screen size you do, and yours must be abnormally large if you think that was a "one liner".

..argh...listen very carefully. The number of sentences do not matter about one-lining. It is the length of the words and the number of words you put in it. for example if I just only put
Team Rocket rules. They are awesome that'd be one lining even though it has multiple sentences.

One-lining simply means that if a post is only one line of text on only one post then it'd be one lining. You could put something like

James's innate ability to battle is only rivaled by the fact that he is an intelligent and somewhat awesome Rocket Member compared to the rest of Grunts, not to mention that he is also a great friend whom is willing to help his allies no matter how crazy it might seem.
^See now this is not one lining even though it is one sentence.

and for the record, my screen is not 'abnormally large', perhaps yours is abnormally small.

Tiffany- by all means, please explain.
Now then onwards to being on topic.

Tyson is a member of a series of characters long forgotten, just like Sebastian and Nanba. I wish somebody like him was sent to assist Jessie, James and Meowth make their plans for pilfering Pokemon. A menacing Team Rocket is what this show lacks. There was an article published today, probably as a prank, that ˝announced Pikachu's soon demise˝. What if it was real? TR poisons Pikachu, and then, Ash tries to save him, but fails... What a sudden impact.

I agree with you there, but then the writers will just make everything worse by making him become a complete and utter buffoon, so that-away TR will probably get more flamers and bashers. Of course the upside is that more fans may be made as well.

Oh wow...I did not expect that to happen. If that were the case then maybe Team Rocket will finally get the respect that it deserves.

Tiffany
3rd April 2009, 10:35 PM
..argh...listen very carefully. The number of sentences do not matter about one-lining. It is the length of the words and the number of words you put in it. for example if I just only put that'd be one lining even though it has multiple sentences.

One-lining simply means that if a post is only one line of text on only one post then it'd be one lining. You could put something like

James's innate ability to battle is only rivaled by the fact that he is an intelligent and somewhat awesome Rocket Member compared to the rest of Grunts, not to mention that he is also a great friend whom is willing to help his allies no matter how crazy it might seem.
^See now this is not one lining even though it is one sentence.

and for the record, my screen is not 'abnormally large', perhaps yours is abnormally small.

Tiffany- by all means, please explain.
Now then onwards to being on topic.

I agree with you there, but then the writers will just make everything worse by making him become a complete and utter buffoon, so that-away TR will probably get more flamers and bashers. Of course the upside is that more fans may be made as well.

Oh wow...I did not expect that to happen. If that were the case then maybe Team Rocket will finally get the respect that it deserves.

One lining is self explanatory.

"Team Rocket is cool."

Or

"Can I join I love Team Rocket" is one lining.

"Hey, I love Team Rocket! I love Jesse and James! I think they're hilarious!" is NOT a one liner.

Remember, people may have only ONE sentence but if it's actually not a few words such as the two examples I have posted above then it is not a one liner.

When deciding a one liner you really have to look at the content of the sentence. You can't just deem it one because it's only one line in the post. People have different computer resolutions and sometimes to state an idea doesn't take more than a sentence. One liner =/= One true sentence. I guess you can think of a one liner as like a sentence fragment in a way. I don't want to get all grammatical and whatnot but just think of what I'm trying to say with that comparison. Makes sense. :p