PDA

View Full Version : Which one of the new PMD3 starters would you choose to play as?

ShinxesAreCute
11th January 2009, 9:55 PM
Pick one Pokemon out of the five new starter Pokemon that are rumored to be in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3: Explorers of the Sky. The five Pokemon are Shinx, Phanpy, Eevee, Riolu, and Vulpix.

Personally, I would like to play as Shinx, due to it being my favorite Pokemon.

Torpoleon
11th January 2009, 9:57 PM
I would pick Riolu because it is super strong.

RavenUmbreon
11th January 2009, 10:10 PM
Uh, I dunno. I was Eevee on PMD Red Rescue Team.. I didn`t really like being a normal type. Hmm maybe Vulpix? I`m not sure I`m not deciding until there is a thing that shows us all of the pokemon you can be.

RavenUmbreon
11th January 2009, 10:10 PM
Uh, I dunno. I was Eevee on PMD Red Rescue Team.. I didn`t really like being a normal type. Hmm maybe Vulpix? I`m not sure I`m not deciding until there is a thing that shows us all of the pokemon you can be.

mewfanforlife
11th January 2009, 10:11 PM
I'll use whatever the quiz assigns me, but I like Shinx more than the other starters.

Torpoleon
11th January 2009, 10:35 PM
Riolu would be who I choose until they reveal the other choices whcih I bet there will be.

Ryuartyi
11th January 2009, 10:45 PM
I would use Riolu for the chance to have a Lucario as my main attacker.

I'll still be using my Mudkip and Pikachu, but the new choices seem interesting.

Dragon Rules
11th January 2009, 10:47 PM
Eevee,so i can evolve into an Espeon at the end.

Queen_Lugia
12th January 2009, 1:17 AM
Riolu, definitely. I love Lucario, and having the chance to start as its pre-evo makes me happy. (;448; is one of my mains in SSBB, so that's one reason as to why I like good ol' Lucie.)

Krake
12th January 2009, 1:25 AM
Wasn't Eevee in PMD 1 and 2 already?

I picked Lucario, even though I would be cool with any of the ones in the choices and I likely won't get it.

RavenUmbreon
12th January 2009, 1:32 AM
Wasn't Eevee in PMD 1 and 2 already?

I picked Lucario, even though I would be cool with any of the ones in the choices and I likely won't get it.

Eevee wasn`t in the second I`m pretty sure.

Stoc15
12th January 2009, 1:38 AM
Phanpy rules! Therefore, I get to pick him.

IcyDragon0605
12th January 2009, 2:33 AM
Out of those 5 I chose Phanphy. Here are my methods of elimination:

Riolu: to popular
Eevee: Not interested in evolutions
Vulpix: Not as good as Phanphy
Shinx: Same as vulpix

The main reason I chose Phanphy is because he's ground type.

Deoxytwo
12th January 2009, 2:34 AM
Out of the new ones, I would pick Riolu b/c he evolves into Lucario and it practically killed me when they removed Riolu as a starter option in PMD 2.

lindsy95
12th January 2009, 2:37 AM
I plan on going with the same duo as the past two gmaes treeko and totodile, If I have to pick riolu because Ive always like it.

Nightlingbolt
12th January 2009, 2:52 AM
Eevee, definitely. Shinx is cool, but it takes too long for it to learn Spark. I don't think Phanpy gets any STAB from leveling up, so that's out. Riolu might be good for stealing from Kecleon, but that's not nearly enough of a reason to pick it. Vulpix starts with STAB, so it may be an option. But ultimately, Eevee gets both STAB moves and an Adaptability boost, and it's my favorite Pokemon after Absol, so Eevee gets the prize.

The Dean of Suds
12th January 2009, 3:18 AM
Phanphy, too awesome to avoid choosing.

Treeconator11
12th January 2009, 3:22 AM
Eevee or Riolu is what it is for me. I'd go with the starter that doesn't have a wondermail recruitment mission. If either both or neither do, I'd pick Eevee.

martianman40
12th January 2009, 3:24 AM
I've always used cyndaquil as my starter, and the new pokemon have tempted me to stray from the tradition. However, shinx will probably be my first choice of partner.

Super Gullwing
12th January 2009, 3:26 AM
Either Shinx or Vulpix! I remember saying If I ever wanted to be a Pokemon, I'd want to be one or the other. Riolu doesn't sound that bad either.

Saiki
12th January 2009, 3:32 AM
I'd either be an Eevee, a Skitty, or a Shinx. An Eevee because I was one in PMD1. Or a Skitty because I was one in PMD2 and it appears that PMD3 will have Grovyle in it, so I want the same Pokémon as I had in PMD2 (GrovylexSkitty ftw). Or a Shinx because Shnix are awesome.

Maybe I'll go with an Eevee or a Skitty as my main character and Shinx as my partner (if the Shinx is male).

ZF911
12th January 2009, 3:47 AM
Most likely Riolu. Though Eevee might be cool as long as it's not Female only again.

sweet_piplup123
12th January 2009, 4:27 AM
Riolu, although I rather be a Piplup.

VampirateMace
12th January 2009, 5:15 AM
Eevee... normal type aren't as weak as everyone likes to say... I'm playing PMD 2 as munchlax right now... and doing darn good...

Shadow Tepi 8
12th January 2009, 5:18 AM
I will most probably play as Riolu but I might choose to play as Eevee as well.

petstock
12th January 2009, 7:16 AM
Phanpy unless they make it that you can evolve before the end credits (i doubt it) in which case i will choose either mudkip or turtwig...i think i will go and restart darkness with turtwig and mudkip as my team...

Riversong
12th January 2009, 12:31 PM
Either Shinx or Eevee. If they had made Vulpix Growlithe though, i'd have picked that. They better not make it where only guys can get a Shinx :/

master54100
12th January 2009, 1:44 PM
riolu.
its cute.
its blue.
and it blows stuff up.
what more can you ask for?

ninjascyther
12th January 2009, 2:52 PM
I wont use any of them - I always use 2 pokemon who have been starters in the main games. And I will definitely be using mudkip as my starter. He is not only the most pwnsome and lolworthy pokemon that exists, but when evolved he has a good room sweeping move (earthquake), an in-line move (ice beam/water pulse) and can walk on water in water dungeons.

I guess if i had to use one of the new starters, i would use shinx or vulpix, as I like having special-based pokemon in the team. ;123;

~Silver Aura~
12th January 2009, 3:16 PM
Proberly use the same team as my PMD2 team. But then again being Riolu would be fun.

darksonicjedi
12th January 2009, 3:24 PM
I'd probably choose Eevee so I could choose its eveloution at the end of the game

(s.i.e)
12th January 2009, 3:54 PM
shinx would be my choice, i never tried an electric type before.

Lord Aipom
12th January 2009, 4:29 PM
I will have Phanpy. Aipom did not make it, so another of my big favorites gets to be the starter.

Btw, who knows? Maybe there are more new starters? Maybe Aipom still has a chance! I want a new fighting Pokemon too, like.. Makuhita? I think you never see that Pokemon anywhere! Same goes with Mawile. Mawile is awesome. She better get a evo in 5gen!

PurpleMew
12th January 2009, 4:32 PM
I would probally pick Shinx or Eevee.

NinjaBaker
13th January 2009, 5:58 AM
I would play as riolu, but I would like it more if riolu could be my partner and munchlax could be my starter ^^

;munchlax;

InfamousMrJ
13th January 2009, 6:30 AM
Shinx, I suppose,as I like it more than the others, but maybe Riolu, just because I've never used one anywhere else. =\

Toastybob
13th January 2009, 6:39 AM
riolu.
its cute.
its blue.
and it blows stuff up.
what more can you ask for?

Lol! That sounds... quotable. I'd choose eevee, but I don't really like any of the five that much. I've been a mudkip in both games, but I might want to try charmander.

DYLANJON
13th January 2009, 8:28 AM
SHINX, but i'd like riolu as mah partner, because they'd be a great duo.

Glacier99
13th January 2009, 8:54 AM
Vulpix, Eevee or Shinx. three of my favourite pokemon.

TurtwigFan1
13th January 2009, 5:08 PM
Riolu. It's strong and can learn one of my favourite moves, Aura Sphere, when it evolves to Lucario.

Maybe Eevee though, I'd love to play as a Glaceon or Leafeon.

fire fan 888
14th January 2009, 10:46 PM
eevee and if I didnt get eevee i would hope to get vulipx

gtab x3
14th January 2009, 11:32 PM
Shinx all the way!!

PokemonHero
15th January 2009, 12:47 AM
I would either be Riolu or Eevee. Riolu because it is such a powerful Pokemon when it evolves. Eevee because I am a big Eeveeultions fan. I am very much looking forward to these games. Hell, I may go out and get the Japanese version, which is something I've never done with any Pokemon game before.

shaymin_girl
15th January 2009, 12:59 AM
Eevee or Vulpix

Mr. Joker
15th January 2009, 1:22 AM
I am going to Be Shinx and my partner will be Eevee.

Pingouin7
15th January 2009, 2:26 AM
It isn't PMD3. It's PMD2, it's just a third version, just like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum.

PokemonHero
15th January 2009, 2:47 AM
It isn't PMD3. It's PMD2, it's just a third version, just like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum.

It's not the same game as PMD2. It's just that--for the first time--there's continuity in Pokemon games.

Ragnarofl
15th January 2009, 8:33 AM
None. I just go with the quiz results. Though it always gives me Treecko.

Azelf.Agua
15th January 2009, 8:56 AM
I would definetly be an eevee so I could be a glaceon, Shinx or Riolu would be my partner

heatran_ran
15th January 2009, 11:16 AM
I love phanpy, but rioulu wouldn't be bad either!

Pikasaur
15th January 2009, 2:10 PM
I'd mosy likely choose Vulpix as it is my favorite of the 5. i would however choose riolu as my partner because id like to see a lucario riding a ninetails :D

Wormow
15th January 2009, 2:11 PM
Riolu + Eevee. Sweet team :)

rekuzza
15th January 2009, 2:13 PM
Eevee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hyper Chibi Absol
15th January 2009, 2:15 PM
I'd pick Riolu 'cause it evolves into my second most favorite Pokemon.

rekuzza
15th January 2009, 2:15 PM
Eevee rocks. 7 eeveelutions and I love eevee!!!!! Oh and anyone interested, please join my eevee lovers tournament. Theres a group there called that with a 2009 behind it. Join even if you dont love eevee.

Sird
15th January 2009, 3:07 PM
Phanpy is my guard this time.

Those cute little Elephants are irresistible!

Icefiyre
15th January 2009, 3:17 PM
Riolu of course!

I've always wanted to be a fighting kung-fu-chi-dog!

FocusPresenceEndurance
16th January 2009, 12:15 AM
I'd like to say I'd be fine with whatever the quiz concluded with. But I know that there are some Pokemon I would rather play as than others.

If I had a choice I would go with Shinx. Partly because I like it and its evolutions, and also because I plan on writing a fanfic where the main character is a Shinx. Of course on the poll I accidentally chose Riolu... I would have chosen Shinx but for some reason I ended up clicking Riolu. Oh well... -_-

pikachu lover
16th January 2009, 2:35 AM
I would choose Shinx................
However I don't have a ds...
Yo I know it sucks my big sister is the only one that owns a DS.

Sapphire Phoenix
16th January 2009, 2:35 AM
I really would like either Shinx, Eevee, Riolu, or Vulpix. Those evolve into some of my favorite pokemon. I'd either be Totodile (to stay with my long tradition of being Totodile) and have either one of those four as my partner. But if I got one of those before Totodile, I'd go with it.

ddacua93
16th January 2009, 4:03 AM
I would play as Eevee because I never chose it as my Hero Pokemon in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and I'd like to think of ir as a challenge for me and spice things up(playing as a Skitty was easy but as a Meowth it was difficult)

CyberneticGlion
16th January 2009, 5:27 AM
Chances of me getting this game would be rather slim, but I would choose Riolu just so I can get Lucario.
All of them are nice so I won't really care.

lunar spirit1100
16th January 2009, 8:05 PM
I would choose Eevee because it's my favourite out of the 5, and I really like the Eeveelutions.

Sailor Saturn
16th January 2009, 8:30 PM
I would definitely want Riolu. It will be interesting to see what "personalities" they assign Riolu for. I'll probably just go with whatever my answers give me though. In PM1 and PM2 I didn't have the heart to restart for a different Poke.

mitchman_93
16th January 2009, 8:49 PM
I would pick the one that has my trait. Or wait can you choose whatever you want now? Nah i was just confused.

Excitable Boy
16th January 2009, 9:21 PM
I'd pick Eevee. Because it actually has a movepool.

pidgey rules
16th January 2009, 9:23 PM
Riolu/*Random pokemon here* Hands down

kirby8933083
17th January 2009, 8:55 AM
The choice is obvious for me, Shinx. Pikachu was a great pokemon to pick with the advantage of electric moves like discharge & thunderbolt. And adding on the cuteness of Shinx would just be perfect. Eevee would be my second choice, but you can't really rake in the advantages of great evolution until the storyline is over along with the tough boss battles.

suicune lover
17th January 2009, 10:41 AM
eevee because depending on your partner,you can evolve itto your type advantage/disadvantage.

txdaan
17th January 2009, 11:44 AM
I'd get Riolu or Chimchar, with probably 1 of the new partners/starters or Chimchar as partner(depends on what I become).

I do hope they give Riolu a better move pool cause he can only learn 9 non-TM moves before he evolves and that also stops at lvl29.

I'd also like to see Sneasel as starter/partner,but that will never happen.

Draknir
17th January 2009, 3:49 PM
Riolu with a partner I choose at the last minute. In ALL of my PMD games, I like playing as a water type, so I would like to stray away from that.

Brumrha
17th January 2009, 3:51 PM
How about none of them?

I've always chosen Charmander as my starter in all my PMD games, & this will be no exception.

Forever&Always
17th January 2009, 3:53 PM

I agree, But im staying with Riolu or Shinx.

Wigglytuff FTW!
18th January 2009, 12:30 AM
Vulpix definitly, STAB move at start, good movepool, it's a new fire starter, Flash Flare, not so great, but that doesn't matter... I'm bein' Vulpix! ;037;

Little Wishling
18th January 2009, 1:24 AM
Eevee for me! Hooray for Eevee!

.:E4 Jahu:.
18th January 2009, 2:03 AM
Eevee, of course! I've never played as it in the dungeon games (Mudkip in Red and Bulbasaur in Blue, don't have Time or Darkness yet T.T), and because they're just plain awesome...but Marshtomp is still cooler!
.:E4 Jahu:.
;259;: Believe it!

rekreatur
18th January 2009, 12:50 PM
If I'll get the game I'll probably be Eevee, but I'm not so sure, it's kind of weak at the beginning.

Lord Aipom
18th January 2009, 2:49 PM
Don't know if I said it before, but I will have Phanpy! ;231; And my partner will be Vulpix! ;037;

;231; ;037; , the Pokémons many people not going to pick, cuz they love Riolu, Eevee and Shinx.. xD

Yellow Aura
18th January 2009, 10:01 PM
I'd pick Riolu.And for my Partner:Evee!

pidgey rules
18th January 2009, 10:17 PM
i want to see what vulpix will be like so i change it from riolu to either shinx vulpix or phanpy

Wisest Celebi
19th January 2009, 12:25 AM
Riolu

Because I was dissapointed I couldn't be one or have one as a partner.

pokemondusk
19th January 2009, 3:49 AM
phanphy or chimchar probably :D

Lucario&Smeargle
19th January 2009, 1:49 PM
I really hate to be so typical, but I just LOVE both Riolu and Lucario. I, in fact, wouldn't let my game progress until I had gotten one and trained it. Then, once I got to the point I didn't have to use my starters anymore, Lucario became my main fighter. So yeah, Im'll have to say Riolu.

Dragon Chimchar
19th January 2009, 5:49 PM
probably Riolu or Eevee cause theyre cute
:)

lugialucario
19th January 2009, 7:41 PM
I would like Riolu, because I love this Pokémon and this evolution, and I think to choose Pikachu

Groudonny the groundstar
20th January 2009, 1:12 AM
Probably eevee, because it was my starter in PMD1.

Ahh yes, Azure the eevee and Roy the charmander..fun times.

Kevin074
20th January 2009, 8:29 AM
Riolu's the greatest!~

ShinxesAreCute
23rd January 2009, 12:09 AM
3rd place for ;403; so far... also lol 14.14% of votes have for ;403;

SaulGCube
23rd January 2009, 12:38 AM
I would also choose Riolu because Lucario is awesome.
Also the way Riolu walks is awsome ^^
Eevee is second for me though since jolteon and espeon are cool.

AstralEon
23rd January 2009, 9:02 PM
Its hard to choose from Riolu, Eevee, and Vulpix. Hmm.

Il give Vulpix a chance so I pick Vulpix ;037;

7eeveelutions
23rd January 2009, 10:42 PM
Eevee for sure. It was my starter in PMD and I really missed not being able to be it in PMD2. Shinx or Vulpix come second.

The Baron of Fate
23rd January 2009, 11:31 PM
Goodness! No love for Vulpix!

But Idk... Maybe Vulpix? Maybe Riolu? Maybe even Eevee for me.

Not a one of them has a room attack, aside from shinx though...

~FireLeaf~
24th January 2009, 12:52 AM
Hell, a lot of peoples are going with Riolu o_o

Ah, well! I want one too! *picks Riolu*

Orphee
24th January 2009, 6:51 AM
Riolu or shinx... bot are cool

MKFC
24th January 2009, 12:10 PM
Either Riolu or Shinx... both their evo lines and themselves are plain awesome.

Umbreon-dana
24th January 2009, 2:18 PM
Considering the method of obtaining Eevee as a starter in the first games, I have a main and an alternate.

The main, obviously, would be Eevee. If Eevee was a Female only Pokemon (and I feel uncomfortable about lying about my sex), I would choose Ninetales.

My reasoning for the unpicked ones:

Phanpy: It's called "Explorers of the Sky", Sky = Flying/Levitate, and Phanpy is a Ground type.

Riolu: Powerful as it may be, it his a pain to evolve.

I might have picked Shinx, but the coin flip says otherwise. Also, 4MS all the way.

Forretress Fan
24th January 2009, 5:28 PM
I would most likely pick Riolu or Shinx
and the Phanpy type does go againist the title big title

diddykong
25th January 2009, 3:38 AM
Me as a Vulpix, maybe a Riolu or Eevee partner. Why didn't they add these from the beginning?!

ShinxesAreCute
25th January 2009, 4:19 AM
I think I would use Shinx and Skitty, and name the team Cute Couple

Koridojo_Blaziken
25th January 2009, 9:30 PM
RIOLU!!! No doubt about it! And then I would pick Vulpix as a partner. Unless I happened to get Vulpix, in which case Riolu would be my partner. :p

MetalicSeadra
25th January 2009, 9:42 PM
I picked Shinx because... Um.... It's cute? o.O;; Lame reason...

Raikou_fan
27th January 2009, 10:26 PM
I'll be happy with vulpix, shinx, eevee, Riolu. So if i get one of them I'll probly just stick with who I get. I think i want Riolu most though.

ShinxesAreCute
28th January 2009, 1:14 AM
I picked Shinx because... Um.... It's cute? o.O;; Lame reason...

Well, that's the reason I picked it. Also, I'm amazed at the number of responses!

Aishi
28th January 2009, 10:50 PM
I was eevee in the first, meowth in the second. I think I'll stick to my normal starters, but I always end up going with the first thing it assigns me anyway...so I guess we'll see?

Blithering-Snow
29th January 2009, 12:10 AM
I'll have to probably see what the game decides on my personality. Or I'll aim to get a Shinx. I'll probably be choosing a water or grass type for Shinx's weakness to ground. It would be be neat to play as a luxio. :)

EeveeSkitty
29th January 2009, 11:02 AM
Shinx and Vulpix

ShinyPalkia
2nd February 2009, 1:59 PM
Riolu sounds interesting, because it's a very rare Pokémon in the Pokémon games, at least in the main games. But then again, I'm not a fan of it.

I have played as a Shinx for a pretty long time, so it would be nothing new.

I hate Phanpy's Normal moves.

Both Eevee and Vulpix are very cute that is a big plus, but because I'm currently an Eevee in one PMD game, I want to try out Vulpix and its neat Fire type moves. Vulpix also gets more points than Eevee for having one of my favorite types.

In short, Vulpix.

calum
2nd February 2009, 9:39 PM
riolu, hes got great moves a really great stats

Protoman EXE
2nd February 2009, 11:07 PM
I would chose Eevee or Vulpix.

EeveeSkitty
2nd February 2009, 11:19 PM
Vulpix. I'll have Shinx as a partner because she/he learn Discharge at some level I think.

Jayhennessy
3rd February 2009, 12:08 AM
Well, in the first PMD, I choose girl by mistake, and got an Eevee. I was dissapointe, but fiquered I'd give Eevee try, so yeah, I'm pickin' Eevee. Not because it's popular, but I actually do like it.
as for my partner, I'm a fan of Mudkips and Cyndaquils, though Piplup doesn't sound bad either. :D

Armored Zangoose
4th February 2009, 3:20 AM
I'm remaining as Cyndaquil, as it's always been my PMD trademark. But since Eeveee can be a partner, let it be so.

GiratinaRay
4th February 2009, 6:56 PM
I would choose Riolu out of the five. This is due to it being the strongest with the best stats out of all when it evolves into Lucario.

Quanyails
5th February 2009, 1:20 AM
Vulpix, seeing as it evolves into my favorite pokemon, Ninetales.

ho-oh tajra
6th February 2009, 8:05 PM
probably I'll be a ;447; or just be a ;155; or just roll a multiple face dice and see what will come

I put cindaquil because I'm one in PMD red

serebiifreak
11th February 2009, 11:36 PM
Riolu powerful and will become a LUCARIO!!!!

Emo_Kirlia
11th February 2009, 11:45 PM
I hope Riolu isn't a male exclusive O-o I wan't to be that one. I kept trying for a Cyndaquil in Red but I realized it was a male exclusive >_< Got to be one in Darkness though :D

pokemaster001
1st March 2009, 6:25 PM
*puts out hands like a scale and starts wobbling them*
riolu, eevee, riolu, eevee, DAMN!! I CAN'T CHOOSE!!!

SilverLanayru
1st March 2009, 6:41 PM
I'd personally choose Riolu (even though I'm a girl)...but if that doesn't work out, then I'd go for Eevee since I was an Eevee in my Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team game. I'd still choose Charmander over both of them, though.

glalieguy
1st March 2009, 9:13 PM
Maybe Vulpix or Riolu. I usually get a fire/water combo... but Riolu is kind of strong.

Falling4Grace
1st March 2009, 9:20 PM
Vulpix for the simple fact that its evolution is my absolute favorite Pokemon, Ninetales. Besides, it is to adorable not to have, in my opinion.

Neural777
4th March 2009, 12:39 PM
Although I'm male, I'm choosing Vulpix, since they're cool. ;D I'm strange like that. :P

boxeddreams
4th March 2009, 10:00 PM
Its between Shinx & Riolu though Vulpix is almost there too. Love those choices though.

And I thought Eevee was in PMD1? I think on one quiz I got it.

Stavekoff
5th March 2009, 12:06 AM
Probably Riolu, as he's definitely going to be hell to recruit.

Falling4Grace
5th March 2009, 9:23 PM
Its between Shinx & Riolu though Vulpix is almost there too. Love those choices though.

And I thought Eevee was in PMD1? I think on one quiz I got it.

Eevee was a feature in PMD1. I to, remember being eevee once upon a time in that game.

Brandon96
5th March 2009, 11:19 PM
Eevee, evolves into Umbreon.

Skull-Kid
7th March 2009, 1:21 PM
I love elephants so probably Phanpy.I say that but when I get the game I'll end up going Riolu.

LucarioLuver
10th March 2009, 8:38 PM
Either Riolu or Shinx...Or maybe Vulpix...But I like Eevee too... >.<

Yuppirox
11th March 2009, 4:06 AM
Eevee, Shinx, or Vulpix as Partner or Main.

calze6
14th March 2009, 4:35 AM
is there seriously going to be a PMD3!? Awesome! I pick riolu lol. Can you have the other starters as well?

Team Aura
7th August 2010, 9:08 PM
I picked Riolu w/ partner chimchar because of the power of fighting/fire type moves.

;rukario;;447;

In a Quandary
8th August 2010, 3:54 AM
In my first game of Sky, I ended up a Shinx (answered the questionnaire naturally) and picked Eevee for a partner (because Eevee is cute and has cool Eeveelutions). Unfortunately, she turned out to be a bad partner due to her Run Away Ability, although her Normal-type attacks sure packed one heck of a punch with Adaptability. Even so, Dialga gave me tonnes of trouble.

I then restarted and manipulated the questionnaire answers to get Treecko, with Torchic as a partner. The game proved to be much easier with Agility (though I had just learnt it when I entered Temporal Tower).